Speaker 1: Welcome. It is a verdict.
Speaker 2: Was center Ted Cruz Ben Ferguson with you the breaking news. Biden's Department of Justice has indicted President Donald Trump yet again for new charges.
Speaker 1: Related to January the sixth.
Speaker 2: This is the same guy that's leading in the polls, in some polls by as much as fifty points. So why did this happen? Let's go through a quick timeline for you. June the seventh, the FBI released documents to Congress alleging that the Bidens took a ten million dollar bribe from Barisma. What happened the very next day, June eighth, Jack Smith indicted Trump in the Marlago document case. Fast forward to July the twenty sixth, Hunter Biden goes to court and rejects this sweetheart plea deal for the judge said uh uh, after it was revealed that the Biden Department of Justice tried to give Hunter Biden blanket immunity from all future prosecutions. The very next day, after that sweetheart deal fell apart, on July the twenty seventh, Jack Smith added more charges for Trump in the Marlago case.
Speaker 1: Move.
Speaker 2: Just a few days later, to July the thirty first, Hunter, Biden's former business partner testifies to Congress Devin Archer that Joe Biden was on over twenty calls with his son's business partners and that Barism executives pressured them to fire the prosecutor. What happened the very next day? Jack Smith indicts Trump again for more charges related to January the sixth Senator? Is there a coincidence with a day after day timeline I just gave you? Or is this possible retribution for how dare you challenge us?
Speaker 3: Look?
Speaker 4: Is it is not subtle and it's not complicated. This is straight out election interference by the Biden Department of Justice. We have talked at great length about how incredibly politicized the Department of Justice is. You're right, the timing every time there's a development on evidence of corruption or criminal misconduct by Hunter Biden were, in particular Joe Biden. The next day you see the Department of Justice try to change the narrative, try to break news. I am not surprised at all that this indictment came down yesterday. Why is that? Because they desperately wanted to drive off of the news. Devin Archer's testimony that was very bad for Joe Biden, and the best way to do it is to count on the useful idiots in the media who will happily echo their latest charges against Donald Trump. We are looking right now at three different indictments of Donald Trump, one state and two federal, and in all likelihood we'll see a fourth indictment of Donald Trump in Atlanta from another state prosecutor.
Speaker 1: This one was.
Speaker 4: Supposed to be the big, big Enchilada. This is the one that democrats and the corporate media have been salivating for. This was finally gonna get him. They are kept in a have and he is there, Moby Dick, and they want to get Donald Trump. And I gotta say I sat down and read this indictment and my biggest sentence was that it was thoroughly underwhelming. There's very little there. There's very little new in this indictment that you couldn't get reading the pages of the Washington Post in the days after the twenty twenty election leading up to January sixth, almost all of this has been covered in the newspapers. And essentially, what this indictment does is take all the facts, and in particular, they really really really don't like that Donald Trump alleged that there was voter fraud in the twenty twenty election and that it changed the outcome. Now I get that they don't like that, but not liking it is not the same as saying Trump saying that on Twitter, on any mountaintop from which you could say it is somehow criminal conduct. And I think, you know, looking at this, I was surprised, after all this investigation, after millions of dollars, after prosecutors with subpoena power, putting people at risk of going to jail, I was surprised that there wasn't a smoking gun in here. There wasn't something that frankly breaks news. At this point, the only news is Aha, they indicted him, and then they get to repeat everything they said for the last two years. This is a political indictment brought by a political prosecutor, working for a political attorney general, working for a political president who does not want to risk losing to Donald Trump in November of twenty twenty four. And what Joe Biden, what Merrick Garland, what Jack Smith? What all the apparaticks in the Biden Justice Department want? Is they want number one. They want Trump to win the Republican nomination, and they've now figured out every time they indict Trump, his numbers go up in the primary. That makes them really happy. They want Trump to be the nominee and the number two. Their nirvana is to have multiple criminal trials against Donald Trump, all proceeding ideally in September and October of twenty twenty four, and they believe they'll throw so much mud on the wall that Trump will be unelectable. That's their political objective. I understand why they have that political objective, but it's not the rule of law. It's not what the Department of Justice is supposed to be doing.
Speaker 2: My question for you and for so many Americans right now is how did we get to a point where this could even happen? And how is it possible that there can be this clear in a since transparency on the weaponization of the Department of Justice where it's like, okay, every single time there's bad news for the Biden crime family, immediately we indict Donald Trump, who is hands down the front runner now for the GOP nomination. Is this not political interference the worst we've ever seen in American modern political history? And is there anyone that can stop them from doing this. It is almost at this point mind boggling. Where we are as a country in the United States of America in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 4: Well, unfortunately, we've entered Banana Republic territory. In over two centuries of our nation's history, no president of the United States has ever been indicted. We now have a former president who, as you knowed, is the leading opposition candidate to be the next president, who's been indicted not once, not twice, but three times, and in all likelihood it will be four times.
Speaker 1: That is, we're.
Speaker 4: Almost numb to how unprecedented that is. If you look at this latest indictment, the circumstances of it are highly problematic. This indictment has been brought in DC. The case was assigned to a federal district judge, a judge named Tanya Chutkin. Judge Chutkin was appointed to the DC District Court by Barack Obama, and she has a reputation for being far left, even by DC District court standards. Judge Chutkin, for example, has set aside numerous federal death penalty cases, and she is the only federal judge in Washington, d C. Who is sentenced January sixth. Defendants to sentences longer than the government requested. So in terms of the judge, we can anticipate a judge who is going to be relentlessly hostile to Donald Trump, who is going to bend over backwards for the Biden DOJ, and who is going to make ruling after ruling after ruling again against Trump. She wants this to go to trial. Not to be clear, she doesn't want this to go to trial now. She didn't want it to go to trial in a week. She didn't want to go trial in a month. DOJ wants Trump to get the nomination so this trial can't happen too quickly. They want it to happen after he's nominated, but before the general election. And I will tell you, if it goes to trial, you will have a jury that is drawn from the District of Columbia. The District of Columbia is the jurisdiction in the United States that is the most Democrat of any jurisdiction in the country in terms of a district or a state. Over ninety percent of the voters in DC vote Democrat, voted for Joe Biden, voted for Hillary Clinton. Consistently vote Democrat. They are not Donald Trump's supporters. The likelihood that a DC jury will vote to convict Donald Trump is exceptionally high, and the facts don't matter, the laws don't matter.
Speaker 1: They hate him.
Speaker 4: That's a big part of the reason why the Biden DOJ wants to bring this case in DC, which means with a far left judge and a far left jury, there is a very real possibility that Donald Trump ends up being convicted. Now, I think on appeal that conviction will not stand, but it might stand in the DC circuit. An appeal would go to the DC circuit. It would depend what panel you get on the DC circuit whether a conviction would stand. I think the ultimate outcome of any Donald Trump conviction on this indictment would be a reversal in all likelihood at the US Supreme Court. I would note the last time Jack Smith played this game, the last time Jack Smith indicted a serious, credible Republican presidential candidate, and pause for a second. Merrick Garland and DOJ found I think the only guy on the planet as far as i'm I know, who was previously indicted a leading candidate for president that was a Republican. They brought him back and said, hey, you did that so well, would you do it again. The last time Jack Smith did that was Bob McDonald, then the governor of Virginia. He got a conviction and it went all the way to the Supreme Court and it was unanimously reversed. But you know what, if that happens in this case, that'll be two three years from now, that'll be after the election. That will be with Bob McDonald. Jack Smith had done his job. The job was not to put him in jail. The job was to hurt him politically, to take him out, to destroy his career. And he succeeded in doing that, even though it was lawless. And what is dangerous about this particular indictment with a judge and a jury that are likely to be stacked against Donald Trump and in fact loathe Donald Trump. That is a very dangerous scenario. That is I think exceptionally bad a for the rule of law, but be for democracy. Whether you want Donald Trump to be the next president or not, that question should not be answered by a corrupt Department of Justice weaponizing the legal system.
Speaker 2: I want to tell you about an incredible trip that we are going to be taking as Verdict listeners, and I want you to be a part of it. We are going to be heading to the Holy Land to Israel. Israel is the cradle of Judaism, Christianity, and many of the principles that we hold dear as Americans, and this trip is going to be amazing. You're going to visit sites like the Armageddon battlefilm, Nazareth, Jericho, Jerusalem, Bethlehem, just to name a few. You're going to set sail on the Sea of Galilee, Galilee and float on the Dead Sea. You'll walk up the steps of biblical figures like King David and Jesus Christ, and we'll do it all together with other listeners from around the country. I'm going to meet up with you in Jerusalem and experience with you the city's great sites like the Western Wall, the Temple mount. This trip will deepen your understanding of the Bible and of Western civilization, and we'll leave you with friends and memories that will last a lifetime. Now, you got plenty of time to plan for this trip. It is May sixth or the fifteenth of twenty twenty four next year. People are signing up fast, so you need to get the information so you can book your trip and save now. To register or to get more information, go to Christianexpedition dot com slash ben that's Christian Expedition dot com slash ben, or you can call them and get the info packet for free eight seven seven two three four three zero zero two that's eight seven seven two three four three zero zero two, or join us go online Christianexpedition dot com slash ben. SATA. I want to ask you another question. This is about the timing. There was an interesting point that was made about the timing of this, and Jonathan Turley also talked about the disinformation aspect of this indictment. He said, it's all part of the First Amendment. Take a listen, and I want to get your take.
Speaker 5: And one of the things I was looking for is I assumed that Smith had this type of aha moment, that there's something in there that the January sixth Committee didn't find that supported we heard about witness tampering. It's not in there. I mean, everything in this indictment is basically what has been discussed in the news now. By the way, the other thing that is not in here is conspiracy for incitement not in here is a seditious conspiracy. Those were the claims the Democrats used in the impeachment and said that the evidence was absolutely clear people like Shift and others, that he's clearly guilty of those crimes. Well they're not in here. Instead, he's using the favorite of prosecutors, these type of conspiracy and obstruction claims.
Speaker 2: I mean, you hear Turley talk about that center, and before we get to even just some of the timing aspects of this, the way he's describing it is, this is an incredibly weak case to bring it forward. So is it not just to tie up Donald Trump from having to deal with this and to claim that he's, you know, under indictment, he's got a mug shot and that he could go to prison. You don't want that got to be your president. That's election interference one oh one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course it is. And they want to go even further. They want a conviction. You understand, this Department of Justice hates Donald Trump and they've given up any pretense of impartiality of objectivity. We've seen it with their complete double standard when it comes to Hunter Biden and his pattern of criminal conduct. We've seen it with their repeated willingness to obstruct justice and cover up investigations into Joe Biden. For them, partisan politics has superseded the responsibility of fidelity to law. A major reason I believe for the timing of it is because the Devon Archer testimony was incredibly damaging to Joe Biden. And look, let's give a real and practical example. So this podcast is coming out Wednesday morning. You and I got online to record it Tuesday afternoon. We had an entire podcast planned on Devon Archer, on the testimony that was given that was highly significant. That should have led the podcast. It should have led the news in any sane world, it would have led the six o'clock news everywhere. But as we're sitting there preparing for the podcast to come out Wednesday morning, we start getting over the phone information that Trump had tweeted out that he was going to be in at five pm. We were recording at about three pm, and we look at that and go, well, we can't record this if he's indicted at five pm, because the podcast will be ridiculous if it doesn't actually.
Speaker 6: Talk about that.
Speaker 4: So you know what it did for this podcast, It drove the Devon Archer story off the news. Now we're going to cover Devon Archer, but it pushed it to the second half of the podcast. And if this podcast gives in to that pressure, if it succeeds in driving Devon Archer off the front page here, what do you think it is doing on every single corporate media and TV news station. That was the objective, provide salacious news to cover up anything that hurts Joe Biden. I do not think it is an accident that this was handed down the day after the Devon Archer testimony. And mind you, and if you go back and listen to Monday at Monday's podcast, you know this. The Apartment of Justice this weekend sent a let to the court asking the court a different federal court, but the court that's considering the Devin Archer case and threaten him right before his congressional testimony. This is all part and parcel of the Department of Justice operating like the legal arm of the DNC.
Speaker 2: Center. It's not just that, but also the media now is really trying to rewrite the story of the corruption of Hunter Biden and the Hunter Biden criminal activity with the President of United States of America. They lied to the American people over and over again and helped sell the lie at the White House that Joe Biden never spoke to his son or any of his family members about business. Then they allowed that cover up of that lie to turn into well, Joe Biden was never in business with his family members or his son, Hunter Biden. And now they're saying that the President working the phones with Hunter biden business contacts is literally him just being a great dad. Now, virtually everybody in the mainstream media has been saying this over the last twenty four to forty eight hours.
Speaker 1: We've got a montage of it.
Speaker 6: Take a listend did nothing, nothing, not even approximating improper.
Speaker 1: Much less wrong or illegal.
Speaker 6: It's wishful thinking.
Speaker 1: They're trying to create a scandal.
Speaker 3: Think it's pretty clear, at least so far, there is nothing there.
Speaker 6: House Republicans continue their search for any proof at all tying President Joe Biden to his son Hunter's business dealings. Joe Biden had nothing to do with Hunter Biden's business dealings.
Speaker 7: Because they wanted they wanted dirty of Biden's name.
Speaker 6: Do you know Republicans have been trying to use Hunter Biden's behavior against the President did not know about anything that Hunter Biden was doing.
Speaker 8: Seeing that Biden was simply involved in his son's life in a personal capacity, Republicans from consistently trying to make this argument and create the illusion of some malfeasans being there.
Speaker 6: Spoke to business associates of Hunter Biden to say hello, to have small talk, casual conversation.
Speaker 9: Hunter Biden talked to his dad on the phone all the time. They talked basically every day. Sometimes Joe Biden would say hello to the people in the room if he popped in or on the phone or whatever.
Speaker 6: They saw casual conversation, niceties, the weather.
Speaker 8: They never discussed the business. These were more of just cordial hello types of conversations.
Speaker 9: Business was never discussed on those calls, and.
Speaker 8: There was more casual sort of check ins, casual conversations.
Speaker 3: President Biden might have said, hey, putting me on speakerphone, you know, are you having a business meeting? Like what is that about? But do you hang up on your front on your side?
Speaker 6: Bo Biden, Hunter's brother and President Biden's son was very ill with cancer and then passed away. That, as the witness today testified, was what these conversations and these calls were about and we should put this in context. This is the time when Bo Biden, the President's other son, was ill and then dying and then passed away.
Speaker 3: Very fraud and sad time for the Biden family, and we know how important family is to the president. They're doing Donald Trump's.
Speaker 6: They ain't going after Hunter Biden trying to create a tie to the president. This is a this is.
Speaker 9: A political move here, it is It is a politics thing, right inasmuch as it's anything else fair, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think so.
Speaker 5: It does not appear to have been a directed business tie because right now, you don't see any conduct that's illegal that there is regulational law that's prohibiting it, even though it might be highly unethical. I don't see high crimes, and mister readers, I don't even see a low crime. I see a son who's using his father, people.
Speaker 7: With famous laugh names, using them for their own purposes. People in your families, they're near do wells. This is as old as time.
Speaker 1: Old as time that there's as much career.
Speaker 2: Biden working the phones with his son was just him being a great dad, right, Hunter Biden talking to us down the phone all the time.
Speaker 1: They talk basically every day.
Speaker 2: Sometimes Joe would say hello to people in the room if he popped in or on the phone, whatever.
Speaker 1: Right, this is their exact words.
Speaker 2: The media is lying to you like they would cover up for communists in China, for Vladimir Putin and Russia. And they're doing it all synchronized, just like that music, just like that montage. Now we had something interesting to happen when we do this podcast, I want to bring you behind the scenes for a moment, just so you understand. I'm usually in one location, Senator take cruises in another. We both connect through this technology called com Rex. While we were taping there looked to be in a power surge that blew out our piece of equipment, this com rex where the center is, and we did everything to try to get reconnection, couldn't do it. So this is the reason why you're not hearing a response months right now from Senator Cruz, because look, we always try to just tell you how it works here on the show. This is how it works with technology. We try to troubleshoot. I can promise you, Senator Cruz, are not going to become engineers anytime soon. In broadcasting. We did the best we could, but as we were taping this at midnight, this is.
Speaker 1: Where we are.
Speaker 2: So we will be back on Friday and continue this conversation, which is obviously very important. But I just wanted you to know what just happened, and that's how that's why you're not hearing the senator's voice right now. So I promise you we are going to continue this on Friday. Also want to tell you about Augusta's Precious Metals real quick. And if you are sick and tired of that problem of keeping you up at night worrying about your financial future, your four oh one K, your Ira, if that's keeping up at night, I want to tell you about what physical gold can do for you. It is something that I have used to protect my heart earned dollars. Did you know that you can buy gold for your Ira or your four one k? Yes, gold can't be traced like digital currency. No one has to know what you're buying and there's no way to print more of it. It's gold. And if you are tired of being stressed out, then call Augusta Precious Metals. My best resource for gold iras is them. For this reason, their track record is no less than phenomenal. They have thousands and thousands of happy customers and they are a company that I trust. So learn why thousands of Americans are getting gold iras is part of their retirement portfolio. Keyword part of their retirement portfolio. Whether you're in retirement or close to it, you know, there's no time to make up losses in the market. If you want to protect and reserve your wealth, contact Augusta Precious Metals and get their free guide.
Speaker 1: I'm serious, it's free.
Speaker 2: Call them the number eight seven seven, the number four gold Old I r A eight seven seven. The number four Gold I R A called in today at Augusta Precious Medals eight seven seven. The number four Gold I R A R online Augusta Precious Metals dot com. That's Augusta Precious Metals dot Com. Senator Cruz, and I will see you back here on Friday. As I said, it will be continuing the conversation. Don't forget to hit that like button, auto download or subscribe button, hit that share button, and we'll see you back here on Friday morning.