Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys. This He's Talking Cowboys Screaming Live from the Dallas Cowboys World.
Speaker 1: Course at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 3: Six second Tess dot kitson patient touchdown.
Speaker 1: And now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 3: Dallas Cowboy Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, Live from the Star in Frisco, Texas, in the s WBC studios here on this Victor Monday is the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Walk into the Steel City and they rip open a.
Speaker 5: Bag of Black Rifle Coffee.
Speaker 4: They took every single bit of the bag, made sure at the end of it it was a twenty to seventeen win for the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: They were now three and two on the twenty twenty four season. Hello everybody, welcome in. I hope you had even just a little bit of.
Speaker 4: Rest Cowboys Nation, because we've got plenty of time to talk about this one, and there's a lot to talk about moving forward. We've got Patrick No Sea Walker aka Patrick No Sleep.
Speaker 5: Watch Baby, it's me Baby, No Sleep.
Speaker 4: We've got Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah, standback. I'm Kyle Yeoman's Chris Beam in the back. You guys got in at five am this morning?
Speaker 6: Yeah, a touchdown on the tour make at five? Okay?
Speaker 5: What was your tell me your getting game plan?
Speaker 6: After that? What happened? I went home.
Speaker 7: I showered to get the to get the airplane off me. Yes, yes, Science, it goes. And then I started started to rewatch the game because no point in going to sleep, really, and plus I had another couple of articles I needed to finish off for Cowboys Nation because science doesn't sleep.
Speaker 6: So no, nothing Science No.
Speaker 7: Worked on a couple of articles and they'll be dropping after talking Cowboys. And yeah, I did some rewatch as much as I could before the alarm went off, letting me know that I needed to leave come in so I can hang with my guys.
Speaker 8: Nice, Science said, the heck with your sleep, right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, guys, you're coming to talk with your guys. Yeah, I'm coming. I'm coming to talk watch, coming to watch your language. We saw Cowboys, I saw I failed this. Did you get any sleep last night?
Speaker 5: Did you did you get any shut eye?
Speaker 6: Whatsoever?
Speaker 4: Were the kids ready to hang out at five am?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 10: I got home at five forty nine, okay, walked in the door, walked in the door and just kind of sat there.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Man, I got about an hour and.
Speaker 10: A half from the plane because I was like, I was falling asleep while I was logging the game. So yeah, like I need to get I need to get one like an hour and I'm good.
Speaker 9: And then that's where it was.
Speaker 6: I can't sleep on planes and I can't sleep. I sleep before we even take off here, any huh? In first first, what I'm not paying for it? We're paying for I've heard different, hear the story. I don't know. Man, I'm very much a point A to point B guy. Yeah whatever, No, you're not.
Speaker 5: We've already talked about this. If you left.
Speaker 6: Upgrade free.
Speaker 5: Free was.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was like that was like a seventy dollars. It's still left your boys in the back.
Speaker 8: Hey A to be?
Speaker 6: What take it was free? Though? Yeah? Okay seventy Hey A to B?
Speaker 8: How did you get here today?
Speaker 6: A to B? I drove a vehicle. What's the vehicle?
Speaker 8: What vehicle is?
Speaker 6: It's not a sponsored it's not as what if you guys want to make it a sponsor? Fil for to zero six s.
Speaker 7: The way you escaped that though, that was like Dak and those boys escaping last night.
Speaker 5: I like it twenty to seventeen.
Speaker 4: It wasn't pretty, it wasn't perfect, but my goodness, they got it done.
Speaker 5: Gutsy, gutsy, Win Patrick.
Speaker 7: You talk about grit, perseverance, resilience, all of the words that are synonymous with the ability to, you know, be up against endless adversity. And some of it was out of your control and a lot of it was within your control.
Speaker 6: Right. It started off with mother nature.
Speaker 7: She had to have her say with it ninety worth, right, and you know, delayed that game quite a bit. And then once the game got going, you know, you were moving the ball offensively how you wanted to down the field, but every single time you got within the thirties and in the red zone, there was something that killed you know. Rather it was a penalty, a backbreaking penalty, or it was an interception being thrown on a mis communication on that route with Ceedee Lamb, the sack fumble that was lost by Dak Prescott. There was one thing after another after another. You lose Marshawn Kneeling to injury in a game where you already didn't have Michael Parsons and DeMarcus Lawrence Kneeling did not return to that game. You lost Tyler Geydon at one point in the game for the remainder of the game.
Speaker 6: You lost Zach Martin for a big chunk of the fourth quarter.
Speaker 7: He did come back on the final drive, but he was out for quite a bit. And even with Zach and Dak Prescott was under a lot of durest from TJ. Watt and Camer Hayward in that front.
Speaker 6: And just at the end of the day, I mean, you had one even another adversity on top of everything. I said, the universe tested you one more time. God was like, let me show you one more time. You gotta do this one more time. Rico Dowdle having a career game.
Speaker 7: It's playing on the screen behind us. He leaps over or tries to leap over the scrum.
Speaker 6: He gets met ball pops out and time stoppsmoothing because that fummle that ball was on the ground and it's any body's money forever. And if the Steelers pick it up, his ball, game game over. But there goes Dak Prescott. After the game, he had. What does he do? He puts that sixty million on top of that raw reflexes that sixty million on top of that ball, gives the Cowboys a fourth down, fourth and one, one more shot to win the game. And then what does he do?
Speaker 7: He drops back and he hits Jalen Tobert, who won the previous play for all intensive purposes, was the first receiver to ever get sacked.
Speaker 6: If you know what a mean.
Speaker 7: Took it to the to the private parts and ended up having a career game and go ahead touchdown. Man resilience, perseverance, grit, all of the things.
Speaker 6: It was nuts. It was nuts.
Speaker 7: It was a mess, and it didn't have to be a mess for the Cowboys. They could have blown that team out. But when it was all when when the chips were absolutely down, they got the job done.
Speaker 6: And I ain't apologizing for it. Win.
Speaker 11: No, can't apologize for the win. No, absolutely not. But I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna I'm gonna take one of my.
Speaker 8: Wins here today.
Speaker 11: Take it all right. We discussed this on Friday. We're discussing high five.
Speaker 8: You know. Yeah, Kyle was.
Speaker 11: Was doing his thing, and I feel like one of the top performers of the game might have been one of my high five.
Speaker 12: Yeah, wow, dude, because he absolutely sewed up and rush four I'm gonna round up because Jerry Mattlan ninety yards rushing, baby, we called it all.
Speaker 6: Fourteen for scrimmage. That was the thing.
Speaker 4: The first time this year that a running back has had over one hundred from scrimmage and it really hadn't been closed.
Speaker 5: He was effective.
Speaker 4: He and Isaiah pointed this out on the first word that I thought was perfect on how it all unfolded.
Speaker 5: This offense was not in a rhythm. No, Rico Dowdell slowed them.
Speaker 4: Down, kept it all under control, and allowed for that rhythm to be established, so that way in the fourth quarter when they needed some scores they found absolutely, oh yeah, absolutely, he was Astra Damas's back.
Speaker 8: He was in a rhythm. As he found his rhythm, he was doing good. Noun't doing it again.
Speaker 6: Going right back to it. You know, you know why he was in a rhythm. What kind of gave him twenty touches.
Speaker 8: Again, touches time to build on that person.
Speaker 6: At no point in time did you saw I'm gonna say like this, first of all, congratulations to the Dallas Cowboys. And you took a dub however you get it, kay, I don't carry this the second week in a row. It was Bubba Sparks ugly, that's what. Hey, we take it all right. You added to you added to the to the dog on record books, and that's that's good, that's positive. You move on from that. As to your point, you're not gonna apologize for it. A lot of stuff has to get cleaned up. A lot of stuff has to get cleaned up. And I'm unsure as to what in the entire head coach Tomlin and Arthur Smith and then we're doing over there for the Steelers. But thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. You ran the ball just as effectively as the Dallas Cowboys, same average yards per carry, three point five. But one team stuck with it and give their guy twenty. The other guys stuck with it and gave him like fourteen. So not sure what happened there, but thank you. I'm not sure why you played nine yards off of CD and tulbrit the entire game and just gave them underneath the hitching curl routes all day long, But thank you, I'm thank you for not doing anything with the four turnovers that the Dallas Cowboys had. Thank you. Thank you for not doing anything with the eleven penalties that the Dallas Cowboys had. Thank you. Oh, thank you for letting Justin Fields throw the ball all day long. He's not down the field.
Speaker 8: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 6: So sometimes it just goes your way, right, So I post a question that the Dallas Cowboys get a gift or do they take this win?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 6: Did they take that? Take that? Either way, it's a dub okay. But there's a lot of things that have to get cleaned up, right. And I'm not gonna be sitt up here and I'm not gonna be negative Nancy, but I'm not gonna sit up here and be like, oh, you're the Cowboys did that thing? No, this was nasty, ugly you figured it out. But no, no, okay, no, no.
Speaker 9: Just no.
Speaker 6: And I don't know way to say it like I'm not I'm not hating. I know people gonna be mad at me for saying it. Happy you get the depth. I will take it up anyway you can. I don't care if your army crawl and get this thing. I don't care if you jump on a dog on grenade and save the ball and throw a touch down on the next play, that's all awesome, dude. But this stuff has to get cleaned up, man, you know. And they overcame a lot. They overcame a lot, man, So I give them a lot of props for that. In terms of the injuries, especially right, you talked about Marshall n Neeland going down. So you're down your top four pass rushers. Now you're down your top four pass rushers. When you factor in Sam Williams going on I R, you factor in Marsha n Eland going out the game. Micah Parks is not their d law and out there you're missing your guys. Okay, Then you factor in a standpoint that you lost office alignment, you lost your starting you know, you're you're starting left tackle. Right, he manned down. Okay, that wasn't good. Okay, but you had Bass that came in. Bass came in immediately and wants to start throwing punches for your fist to cuss UFC. We love that character, We love that intensity. But brum sorry, Hoffe, my apologies. Hoffman came in and one of the one of.
Speaker 4: The brawl beast one of the smoke too, but he didn't.
Speaker 14: Deal with.
Speaker 6: Hoffman got flagged for retaliating, but he did.
Speaker 5: But a lot of times that's how it goes discipline.
Speaker 8: That's a discipline aspect. And we were talking.
Speaker 11: I mean, I feel like that was a topic of discussion all of last night. Is this, like this is just not a disciplined football team, and on both sides, like if you factor in the penalties as well, you're just not seeing a team that has it all together, that is ready for the moment like that. And and brock Hoffman, it was for me just a it was an all encompassing moment.
Speaker 8: When that happens, it's.
Speaker 6: Like you can't do that, Zeke.
Speaker 11: I think it was like a fifteen yard carry at that point gets them down the field where at the forty seven, and then he makes that penalty, moves us back fifteen yards even after we made the first thing. Yeah, so on one step forward, two sets back, quite literally on the discipline of the ten.
Speaker 7: This is going to say the loved penalties, and I was the receipts are there because I love to tweet the game, and I was keeping a tab of the penalties much to my chagrin, and I was basically pointing out hashtag SIW self inflicted wounds. The Cowboys need to stop with the self inflicted wounds.
Speaker 6: They walk, they dog walk.
Speaker 7: The Steelers if they don't have so many self inflicted wounds. And to frame what Isaiah's saying, He's absolutely correct. It was a mess of a game and they do have a lot to improve upon. But it's also true as I say it's Isaiah is saying, is that you they emptied the clip into their foot. They didn't just shoot themselves.
Speaker 6: I think the clip and then at the last second, at the last second, they were able to save the foot. That's crazy, but jumped out of grenade. But coming back to the liberalties real quick, that particular penalty, I know they saved the foot. They saved the foot, and I was watching eer on pop as I was getting so that's in forefront of my mind. I'm actually going to come to the defense of brock Kaffman on that particular penalty because I hate that the penalty was called. But if you go back and you look at what would happen, that wasn't the first time that the Steelers were trying to bully the Cowboys.
Speaker 7: We talk of all day every week about physicality and setting the tone. And now you're going to getst a Mike Tomlin lid of Steelers defense and offense that want to impose themselves on their field and make you feel small. Right, and the game is still close, and they're trying to find ways they're frustrated. Now they're trying to find ways to get into your head because you're in their head. Strategy strategy. So then what happens brock Hoffman comes in. They look at Brockkoff and then say, oh, man, young guy just came in. You come here, You're gonna eat your com bread nobody, That's what brock offf said. Brockoff said, assure you said anybody touched my com bread. Part two of my killings start off on the Steelers.
Speaker 6: So that's I come to brock Hoffman's defense in that capacity, much like Jeordan Lewis versus George Pickens, and Louis was in George Pickens's head all day long. So what did George Pickens start do? He's grabbing face mask, He's trying to.
Speaker 5: Get spend for that not to sound like a like a whiny fan.
Speaker 6: Media slam could get fined for doing it a first place gesture, then.
Speaker 4: He needs he needs to get suspended at least a game or a half or something.
Speaker 7: So Patrick, whatever, I'm coming to brockaff mis defense on that. The other penalties you know can't happen, but that particular penalty. I'm fine with a guy trying who's trying to bully you.
Speaker 6: You bully him back, and then if you get the flag for that. If I'm Mike McCarthy, I'm like, okay, next time, just try not to get just it was.
Speaker 5: Unfortunate when it happened. Like Josh is saying, you just want a momentum.
Speaker 4: You're running down the field, you're kind of pushing things finally and then yeah, there you go.
Speaker 11: And it's one thing if you're penalized. There's another thing that when it uh, it.
Speaker 8: Actually hurts your team. I mean, you're you had momentum.
Speaker 7: That's That's the only penalty I will come to the defense of.
Speaker 6: I'm not coming to the defense. I like the attitude, I like the like, but but the thing is, you get the you literally at that position. It's not like you play receiver and you don't know next time you're gonna get a chance to go crack back on the safety. You get to hit that dude every play. You get to hit that guy every play. So I hear, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna nobody punk me either, but I promise you I'm all right.
Speaker 5: I got you.
Speaker 6: Next play, I got happy for the rest of the game.
Speaker 7: I just I just feel like I hark it back to and this this is upbringing too, but this goes back to training camp training.
Speaker 6: I get that. For me, this is upbringing too. And those who can relate can relate. It's one of those things where you know, the principal calls your mom.
Speaker 7: Right, you got in a fight at school. Principal calls, calls mom, dukes, you just know you're in trouble. When you get home, you're like a you go home, you got tears of your eyes. You're ready to explain, but you just know you're gonna get it right. And mom walks up to you and she's like, yeah, talk to principal so and so, and did you win?
Speaker 6: Did you at least win? Yeah? Right, they started it. I feel you're going to you're going to be on punishment. Yeah right, I'm taking your device but you you didn't get parked, and I did you win? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Right, So to me, winning the game is more important.
Speaker 6: Now for sure. I mean I get that I'm saying in the most Can we address this real quick? I know we got to go to break here in a minute. Yeah what Just so you guys know what CD Lamb said to Dak Prescott on the sideline after Dak through the interception, he said, jump to throw the jump ball. That's what he said. For all those that are confused if the CD was causing controversy again, he said, throw the jump ball. I got you, that's what he said. Okay, for those that don't readlips, throw the jump ball. If those are wondering what a jump ball is, don't try to be so precise that it's too high safety you're trying to put it in the hole. Throw the ball up and let me go get a fifty fifty ball because it's not a fifty fifty ball with me. That's what he was telling Dak, give me a chance. And Dak is in his zone. He's thinking through it. As a quarterback, when you make up a turnover like that, you're literally sitting there trying to think back through what happened, How can I have done it better? Why did I make that decision? And make sure I don't make that mistake again. So that's why Dak was zoned out. He wasn't ignoring him. He was zoned out trying to think through the mistake he just made and how can I make sure it doesn't happen again. So I just want to clear that up for Yeah, and.
Speaker 4: I think the NBC broadcast kind of maybe stirred the pod a little bit. Chris Chris was talking about Yeah, Chris was talking about it and he was like, oh, maybe there's another more, there's more discords. They also called the Spanish radio team the medical examiners up in the press box.
Speaker 5: Did you see that?
Speaker 4: So they were talking about the medical like personnel in the press box and they showed a clip of our Spanish broadcast.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like they they put through and know why.
Speaker 9: They did because they were sharing the booth with that. It was in their booth, but it was like it was a it was a bigger booth. So they're on one side and the the the enough like medical video team was on the other and they got the wrong side.
Speaker 4: Like prominent accounts, we're talking because one of our our producers was in the back with a star shirt on with a polo on, and.
Speaker 5: They were like, why is the why are the medical.
Speaker 4: Examiners in the back with the Cowboys staffer like, what is going on? So a couple of things from NBC. It's not always as you seem or as super TVs.
Speaker 6: Moving forward.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's points.
Speaker 6: It is really really fun on that side they were talking medical. On our side, we were.
Speaker 4: Making it happen so the Cowboys get it done twenty to seventeen. But as Patrick, Isaiah, Josh and myself alluded to, it was sloppy and you've got some fallout. There are some guys that are banged up. We're gonna talk about which is most im impeding to the momentum for the Cowboys moving forward?
Speaker 5: The one two straight, they're three and two and now they've got some other guys that are out.
Speaker 4: Let's see if we could get some updates when we come back with more but nothing with more talking Cowboys right after this. If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of black rifle coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 14: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G Fast, reliable, secure.
Speaker 15: Five G requires campable plan and device five gen not be available in your area. See add dot com Slash five G for you forty deals.
Speaker 4: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus, because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 5: Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 8: If you shout how about them cowboys?
Speaker 16: You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better. Yet, gather your cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for every one.
Speaker 8: The wins will be even tastier. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 2: To talking cowboys.
Speaker 5: Back here on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 4: This portion of the show is brought to you by Quaker Ods, the official oat meal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Quaker Oats trusted since eighteen seventy seven.
Speaker 5: I say has got his odes. He's finishing them up right as we speak.
Speaker 6: Well done, sir.
Speaker 4: And just since we have the bulls in the process, remember what I said two weeks ago that if you didn't win both of.
Speaker 5: Those games, say and won lam that panic button. You know what, guys, you did, think you did your job. I'm gonna put that there back down.
Speaker 4: We're okay, We're okay, three and two now, I said, I said this in the break.
Speaker 5: I said this in the break that the.
Speaker 4: Cowboys, if they play like they did last night, if they play like they did last week against the Giants, and they do that over the next two, three, four, maybe five games, there's gonna be a chance for me to pick that panic button right back up, maybe even hover over the top of it.
Speaker 5: But I haven't gotten there yet.
Speaker 4: And the Cowboys are three and two, and we're okay, we're okay right now.
Speaker 6: For those that are, they're watching talking Cowboys right now. Kyle last week took the top off. Oh yeah, he took the top off the pan two weeks ago. We ago, his hand was covering for two weeks. Now. He just said that the top is now plays back on now. Follow up that statement was saying, what aspect of the Cowboys performances over the past two weeks do you want to see carry over? Run defense, effort, pure efforts, run defense, the execution, run defense. This is a team now. Uh.
Speaker 7: They went into Pittsburgh, down Michael Parsons, down to Marcus Lawrence, and of course all the question marks were on what will Marshaan Neeland look like with that many more reps Chauncey Ghoston versus Carl Lawson, and how does that look? You know, you lose Marshan Neeland to add insult to literal injury, and they still shut down the Steelers on the ground, including the designed QB runs by Justin Fields, and they were able to get more pressure than they were in the previous two matchups. So for me, I want to see the execution, and one example of the execution being one of those designed runs on the third, third and three. I want to say, you have Justin Fields, he gets the ball, tries to go QB designed off the left guard, and the discipline to remain in your keys and in your roles to stop that from being a conversion.
Speaker 6: That's what I want to see. The execution and run defense. This is now two games in a row, one against two mobile quarterbacks.
Speaker 7: Daniel Jones can can get out there and run as well. I'm liking what I'm seeing here. And if you can do this with.
Speaker 6: Role players, no reason you shouldn't be able to continue with when Micah and Tank are back together on the field. I agree and disagree before you go to I agree and disagree. I agree on the aspect that you have guys that are on the depth, all right underneath the depth sweet as well. Love me.
Speaker 11: Some entire said, if we're talking about a penalty that you don't that you're actually okay with, I'm okay with his.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm okay with his you're okay with that was a.
Speaker 8: Solid football play. I mean, I don't think that that was I don't think that was an Agreeds head at all. He didn't hit him under the chin. That was totally no.
Speaker 6: That was that was sweet.
Speaker 5: He lunched that that was where he propelled himself up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I remember that. That was his penalty I'm not okay with that one, but I was so later. I like the fact that you guys who are down on the death charts are gaining experience because that's important for later on in the season, right, It's very important for depth purposes for later on the season. I disagree with the fact that we shut down their running game. I think they abandoned the running game. No, no, it's not one of the same. One is one is something that you shut down one and another one is one running Like this question, Dallas had a good a good running game last night.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, it has the same exact artist for care.
Speaker 6: They didn't.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, no, hold no wait wait wait wait.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys did not have a good running attack last night.
Speaker 5: Were they the most effected that they've all been all year long?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, But three and a half yards per carry is not adequate to a good run game. They were more effective, and they utilized Rico Dawdle in a specific way that is encouraging moving forward, not a good rushing attack. Pittsburgh on the same side, also three and a half.
Speaker 6: Yards per carry.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's a good rushing attack. Najee Harris did not.
Speaker 6: They average into the game. That was the same average ahead coming into the game, and we considered them to have a good running attack.
Speaker 4: We talked about it is what we a second last week in QB Vision, you talked about the way that they.
Speaker 5: Throw the football a whole lot more than.
Speaker 6: You talked about the way that they run. Yeah, said they ran it thirty five. I said, they don't run it. They don't have a lot of yards per game, but they stay stick to the run, and they didn't so they didn't mean they were efficient.
Speaker 5: I would say that they looked at it and they said, you know what, we.
Speaker 4: Have a better shot at this trying to get a bang up secondary and a banged up prep pass rush and giving justin fields time to throw. And Dallas did a better job of pass rush in terms of getting things taken care of and getting in the.
Speaker 6: Backfield and fortunate jo. I still think we have room to grow in terms of rush defense. So that's why I said that because Dallas has seven more rushes.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 6: Let me see, Uh, Dallas had five more rushes and seventeen more yards. Okay. I think if if Pittsburgh continues on what they were doing on the ground, okay, and just and stuck to it instead of putting it in justin Field's hands. I think it's probably a little bit different ballgame. So I don't I don't know that I am my bubble guts are gone in terms of this rush. Now, that's all I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I'm not saying it's fixed, Okay, yeah, saying I'm saying I need them to continue at this at minimal This needs to be the floor, okay, right, because prior to the New York Giants game, the floor was in the seventh circle.
Speaker 6: So this is a bar. If this is a bar graph, we we rose from the deck, right, Okay, but are you going still going up? Or is this flat line? I would say it's what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I'm saying what we've seen against the Giants and the Steelers as far as run defenses concerned.
Speaker 6: This now needs to be the floor. This needs to be the worst type of performance going forward. They need there needs no longer be in a performance that's worse than these two things. Because if you can give me this as the floor, then you can build upon that.
Speaker 5: I wanted to make su next week, Francis.
Speaker 6: I wanted to make sure that for that reason, though, Like, That's why I wanted to clear that up, because I don't want people thinking that we're sitting up here saying that this rushed defense is good. It's not. It's not good. It's just the team that we played last night was not persistent enough last night for whatever reason. All year long, they were running thirty five times a year, and they faced us, they run twenty six.
Speaker 5: It wasn't because we were stopping them, because they just had terrible play calling.
Speaker 7: I think it was a combination of the two. I think the Cowboys made it so. I think the Cowboys started to make it difficult enough where that's when they started to me. I think that's what Kyle is saying. I think it's a mix. I think the truth it lies in between what both of you are saying.
Speaker 6: I think they started to abandon the run because the run was not as effective as they thought it would be in the absence of Michael Parsons into Marcus Lawnch So even when you look at I think it was like third and long and then a third and eight, I believe, and handoff to the left side. What thanks Tomlin and autos appreciate that, right, And but then after that when that didn't convert, you started to then see them trust the run less and less and put the game more on more and more on justin fields. But fields had already shown you earlier in the game when he overthrew that deep shot to the left side, that that wasn't going to be Pittsburgh Steelers justin fields. That was going to be Chicago Bears justin field.
Speaker 5: It was closer to that last night overthrows and Soldier.
Speaker 6: All we talked about that that he does not throw the ball down the field. Well, yeah, he just does not throw, which is why up until they played in Dallas Cowboys, they ran the ball more than they threw it. Again, but they got themselves in a situation later on in the game because they threw so early right that they couldn't run. I guess they felt like they couldn't run as effectively as they wanted to right. But they abandoned what they have shown on film up to the time that they play the Dallas Cowboys. They abandoned that. They completely abandoned their their typical strategy in terms of how they run the ball. And it wasn't because of what I'm saying, don't puff your chest up and feel as if if you're the reason why they didn't un the ball thirty five times, because that's the same effectiveness they had all year long. Thirty five they ran thirty five attempts per game, and they running for three and a half yards that I carry. So it wasn't like they're like, ah, we're just not affected today. No. No, you're getting the same yard as you tip you're used to getting. You just didn't stick with the run. So I don't want Dallas to feel like, oh, yes, running game, who run defensive solid because you got some dogs coming up. We gotta figure out that's the floor now.
Speaker 7: And I feel like one thing they really did, and I don't know that it's fixed, but if you take this fascet that, than I'm about to mention out of the run defense and just isolate it. I think this is as close to fix as you'll see until we get more data stopping mobile quarterbacks sealing the edge. We've seen them seal the edge against Daniel Jones, and we definitely saw them sealing against Justin Fields, forcing him to remain in the pocket to try to make those throws. We'll see how that looks against a mobile quarterback and Rock Party and some of these other guys and c. J. Stroud is going to be the biggest, the next biggest test in that capacity outside of what Lamar Jackson was, and they failed hurt Jackson test and and Jalen hurts well, I don't know because Kellen Moore has him throwing more than he has him. It's true, you're right, but I will say this the to Isaiah's point, the rushing attack for the Cowboys, I say it was a good game because of one guy in particular, and this goes to Joshus Josh Hurrico. Rico had a really good game on the ground at three and a half yard average. It's been kind of anchoring by three yards per carry here. Dak Prescott in two point eight from his Elliott agreed, but ricoind damn.
Speaker 6: Good game against a top two Brundy. You're absolutely correct. So as a collective, could it be better? Yes? You want more from Ezekiel Elliott and Hunter Lipkey. Yes we'll get to him. But they committed to it when I said we'll get to him in a good way. Shouts out h train Hunter by a Hunter, little Mike all start whatever you want to call him but Ricodoaldo. Yeah, for all intents and purposes, he had a career game which really you could say contextually he went off if you look at that versus his game. Just love the fact that they committed to the run and they stuck with it, they gave they ran the ball thirty one attempts, thirty one attenpts. I'm not sure if that's the most on the year, but I would imagine so, right, thirty one attempts. We threw it forty two times. Right, Still don't want to be throwing the ball forty times a game, but you ran it thirty one times, and that is more than we can say about this year's Dallas Cowboys. And I think that if they need to do more of that, because Dak's a better quarterback when he has that's that's just facts. Yeah, that's just facts. Most quarterbacks of all pre game, yeah, most quarterbacks are, but especially Dak. He needs a sustainable run game, man. And it doesn't have to be big splash plays all the time. But just give me some good down and distance, you know, give me something that I can hand turn around and hand the ball off and then guess what. Because of that now, guys like toberg get opportunities, right, So you want to start playing soft on defense and playing seven yards off, I'll take that hitch all day long, all day long until you come up in press.
Speaker 4: Mike McCarthy when we were asking about the rushing attack and what you could add to this rushing attack, he said, we need more plays, which I get. I completely get. You need a bigger sample size, you need more consistency, and you need to have enough wiggle room in order to get there. Well, they ran seventy five plays last night, right, what was seventy three plays?
Speaker 5: So if you put together seventy three plays.
Speaker 4: On the road like you did last night, you have an opportunity to establish the run and still have a balanced attack because even though you threw a forty one times like.
Speaker 5: You said, they still stuck to the run.
Speaker 6: You want time.
Speaker 4: They didn't throw it fifty twenty threw they ran it thirty two, forty one, whatever it ended up being. That's a great balance, and I think it's something that one is a testament to Ricodowdell and how he ran the ball because instead of third and long, fourth and long, he's taking chunk yardage and he's set you up for third in short second and things like that.
Speaker 5: He was better in space than any point all year. He had a phenomenal grab on the touchdown grab not.
Speaker 6: An easy catch for a running back.
Speaker 4: No, it is not all together. The running attack is still more to be desired. But ric o'dowdell was a dude last night. Ric o'dowdell was the reason that you won that football game. And it's it's He's not the only one. There's a lot of other guys that corited. Like you said, Dak, Rico was a big reason for that.
Speaker 11: I kind of want to talk about that a little bit, Dek. You mentioned Dak to me that he was all he could have been the reason why you won and the reason why you lost.
Speaker 8: You know, I think there was a lot of Obviously, the two picks were pretty costly.
Speaker 4: Ultimately, don't throw those so almost a miscommunication the one of the pylon, I'm yea almost.
Speaker 7: Because correct and receiving it was kept going. That's a clear or miscommunicational.
Speaker 6: We were talking about that in studio.
Speaker 5: That's at least whenever I looked at it there, it still wasn't a great throw.
Speaker 6: But because when he wasn't there.
Speaker 8: It was the second take.
Speaker 6: Triple coverage. Don't do that ever again.
Speaker 4: Don't that reminded me of a CD lamb pick a couple of years when you were over the middle. You know, it might have been twenty two against the Bears at home a couple of years the opposite.
Speaker 6: See those left scene, I think I know it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a different scene, but similar play.
Speaker 6: Can we clap our hands for Comante Turpin?
Speaker 8: Absolutely get job.
Speaker 6: We talked about Covante Turpin and talk about Kamante Turpin has a really good release off the line of scrimmage. Comante Turpin runs really good routes. I said one thing, and this goes all the way back to training camera and we're watching individual. I said, he just doesn't have confidence in his hands. Yep, everything else about him as a receiver is on point. He just doesn't trust his hands. But if you can get him some consistent opportunities and get him to be gig, get some receptions in a game, he will build that one thing that every player on the field needs, and that's confidence. And if you get a confident Cavante Turpin, get him believing that he can make these plays, believing that he's a trusted resource. By catching the ball, he can be one heck of a threat for this team because he could be one of the most one of the most dangerous slots in this game. If he figures that aspect out of he gets confident catching the ball. You can't press them right, you can't run with them right, and you can't stay with him at the top of the route. All of a sudden, that turns into it one heck of a receiver. Yeah. So if he has continue to give him opportunities. He had five attempts, he had four receptions fifty yards. Super proud of him and his development in the commandment that he's made to not only himself but the team in terms of wanting to be more than what he was slotted to be when they brought him in, in terms of being just a specialist, okay, a return man. He's becoming a huge contributor for this for this offense. And I'm telling you, fans, give him, give him his flowers, because what you're seeing. What you're seeing is the rise of somebody who's going to make you guys win a lot of games this year.
Speaker 7: Talk to him, Petive. We've been talking about this. We've been begging for four weeks. I have been begging for it for months. We've been begging for thanking for it for a couple of seasons. Now, get Cavante Turpin more involved in the offense period, and it needs to be more just on end of rounds. And by the way, it's time to get away from end of rounds. Maybe fake to end the round because that's it's not working out. But Cavante Turpin continues to show that when you utilize him as a traditional receiver, you know, middle downfield, he can make plays. So thank you for that, Mike McCarthy, thank you, thank you, thank you, and don't abandon it going forward.
Speaker 6: Don't you do it? Don't you do it? Don't you do it? Don't you do it?
Speaker 5: Is it enough for Cavante Turpin to get a helmet sticker today? Smelly? When we come back, we give our players of the game.
Speaker 4: There are plenty of opportunities to find a scratch and sniff. This week, the Cowboys beat the Steelers twenty to seventeen the final and Week five will be right back with more talking Cowboys.
Speaker 14: Right after this, Tom thought it would be secure to jogging cheatah Savannah Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, Secure.
Speaker 15: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area. Seeatt dot com slash five G for U fifty deals.
Speaker 17: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official Agon Turf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Agonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 13: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yeti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetie dot com. Check it out today. Yeti Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: And we're going to overtime Erica, how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 18: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com slash Erica by your side. Bank of America, Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica respondses me. Very digital tools featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the English language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored Qualt Assurance message data rates. Additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 2: To Talking Cowboys, Talking Fruit, Talking Fruit.
Speaker 4: Back here on Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company. This this segment is brought to you by and vis A Line, the official Smile of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: We are all smiles on a victory Monday from the Star.
Speaker 4: Oh man, that turnaround after the rain delay, the late night, the post game, and what do.
Speaker 6: You guys do during the rendula? We waited?
Speaker 5: Did you just chill there?
Speaker 11: I would have taken a nap because I would have immediately I was like, oh, it's going to be a late night.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's going to be a late night.
Speaker 8: I'm talking under one of the press boxes and.
Speaker 6: Just honestly, mean, bro.
Speaker 7: Now, I finished my setup and everything, and I pulled a couple more stats. But I was honestly, I was watching October baseball.
Speaker 6: Ah, yeah, that's a good one. I was studying. I don't know what Kyle did. Yeah, I was studying. That's not true.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Isaiah's trying to get us all in trouble.
Speaker 4: All right, it's time now for our helmet stickers are scratch and sniff.
Speaker 5: This will be a fun segment because there are plenty of very deserving parties.
Speaker 7: Let's go with you, Patrick, Let's start things off alrighty, So I'm gonna go with the cupcake.
Speaker 6: I'm going with the cupcake, ladies and gentlemen, very sweet. The cupcake for me is exactly with the Cowboys defensive line, even without Michael Parsons, even without DeMarcus Lawrence, and without Marshawn Nieland this is what they made the Steelers' offense look like for most of the game. Cupcakes. They walked into the steel City, surrounded by terrible towels in horrible weather, and said, we're going to take this from you and it's going to be delici.
Speaker 8: How was the crowd?
Speaker 13: Was it?
Speaker 6: Crowd was electric, dude, A lot of cowboys there. It was actually more than I thought they would be. It was by far. It was not a take you don't. Yeah, it was by far. It was not a take you don't take over that stadium, of course not. But but there was a good there were good Cowboys fans.
Speaker 7: Shout out to the Cowboys fans who went out to Actressure Stadium. And I know for a fact some of those fans because a couple of them are my friends, actually traveled from California for that game.
Speaker 4: It's weird about hearing heinesfield, you know, sure, like are you sure they still have like Hines Uh?
Speaker 8: Like the signage signage's.
Speaker 7: Like those cupcakes were delicious? Thanks for that defensive line.
Speaker 6: Yes, sir?
Speaker 17: All right?
Speaker 6: You see it?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 6: What I have here? There's a little pineapple, Hey, little little young pineapple studying.
Speaker 4: You know what this is?
Speaker 6: Jaylen Tobert all this time preparing, preparing for this opportunity, and when the opportunity presented itself for him to be the number two receiver on his team, he stood up and he stood out, came through because he sat back and he prepared in anticipation for his chance and start him and he took it even after they hit him in the pineapples. I could have been there, took to the pine apples. You get the point. You get the point at the star, sir.
Speaker 4: That's awesome that And honestly, if you if you knew Jalen Tolbert, like we've gotten to know him quite a bit over the last couple of I'm so happy for him because he's he's gone through a lot. He's had to really I'm using that one. Uh, he's oh wait, No, I'm not.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 4: He's had to go through a couple of different things along the way, just within the career, just to get to that point. And the fact that he had that moment initially where he was hitting in the private parts as he said post game and oh.
Speaker 6: Gosh, I told you guys, brain down low.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I know I want to see him man, yeah, turn around and he has that that movie moment, as a lot of people called it last night.
Speaker 6: That's what it looked like.
Speaker 5: It was a cinematic moment and that was the way they got it done.
Speaker 6: Very happy for Jaylen.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, my smelly sticker has to go to the bane of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying. He went in there the dark knight rises and blew up.
Speaker 6: It's lovely, lovely words.
Speaker 8: Mine is going to go and he's getting as shouts to and we said it, we said it. Absolutely, you needed.
Speaker 11: To define yourself as the RB one of the Dallas Cowboys. You absolutely did that on Sunday. There's no offens or Butts, that is your RB one going forward. He made a statement and shouts to.
Speaker 7: Rico, looked at the defensive line, TJ. Watt and those guys and was late, does it feel like you're in Chorge.
Speaker 6: In charge?
Speaker 8: You guys aren't give me enough credit.
Speaker 5: This is a really good a very good bang. Actually, yeah, very nicely done.
Speaker 4: That wasn't the only Dark Knight reference I saw on social media side the Dark Knight, the dak Knight Rises. Yes, it wasn't always perfect, but here's the thing. There are now four quarterbacks in the history of the NFL to have a win percentage above seven hundred in prime time Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, Steve Young, and now with a twenty seven and eleven record in primetime games, Dakota Prescott. I liked the way that that Patrick no Cy Walker put it on Twitter early. I know they that the Dark Knight Rises, I know all that stuff.
Speaker 5: That's great.
Speaker 4: There was even a where he is bane and he's standing in the middle of that field actor Sure Stadium and there's blown up stuff behind him.
Speaker 5: I like the fact that the night started with rain and it ended with a little.
Speaker 6: Bit of rain.
Speaker 5: He wasn't like I said, it wasn't perfect. So here, I've got a pineapple. Here just skating.
Speaker 4: They got some there's some little there's a little rollerblades, little skates and some sunglasses.
Speaker 5: He just skated on by. He got that twenty seventh Prime time win. He had a couple of mistakes. He said, I've got my shades on. That doesn't bother me.
Speaker 4: I'm going to drive down the field. He to deliver when I need to right down the stretch. And that's exactly what happened. Dak Prescott gets my spelly sticker. You could have given it too one hundred players.
Speaker 6: Yea, you could.
Speaker 5: You could have given it too one hundred coaches too. I give a lot of credit to the coaching staff. It wasn't pretty, like I said.
Speaker 4: There was a lot of sloppy, undisciplined stuff. And that's all stuff you gotta take at some point away because if you play like that next week, you're gonna get beat by three scores against the Do.
Speaker 5: You guys have a limit or a line out there?
Speaker 6: Oh one? Yeah?
Speaker 4: You got.
Speaker 5: What you got?
Speaker 9: I want to give mine to Jordan Lewis because he made those receivers sour n Let me tell you.
Speaker 6: He was. He was making them mad last night.
Speaker 5: You got he got underneath their skin.
Speaker 8: Early George nothing off his game.
Speaker 5: He really got him off his game. George Lewis is such a dog.
Speaker 8: He's done, and George picked on him, you know, saying I want to do.
Speaker 7: A couple, not a couple, but a few honorable mentions for those that didn't get the smelly stickers, because we we would have run out of the pack if.
Speaker 6: He did that.
Speaker 7: Linval Joseph shouts out to George, Punch, Lipkey, absolutely Cavante Turpin, Chauncey freaking Ghost and let's go Jeordan Lewis, he got a sticker, Tyrus whed T, j Bass, Carl Lawson, Jake Ferguson, all guys who are in a group of those who stepped up at big times, critical times, and in one way or another made the play to help get the Cowboys to win. So just gritty win role players mixed with superstars when it when they needed it, they got it.
Speaker 6: Shout out to the front office, Will McClay in his squad, Shout out to those guys for putting guys on the depth chart that are competitors. Yeah, yeah, because there's one of those games where you can easily just went out there and just say, eh, yes, not our night. A lot of guy stepped up, A lot of guys stepped up, and a lot of those names that you just went down are guys that were just picked up right along the way, weren't weren't high draft picks and o that stuff. There's guys that they had to go find. So shout out to the entire department for the countless hours that they put in.
Speaker 8: And they get a lot of flak too.
Speaker 6: They get a lot of flat because they don't go to make the big signings. But when you have games like this, you need those guys that are gritty. They got to come in there and give it their all, gritty for the city.
Speaker 5: You don't just win games normally.
Speaker 4: I've got this Dallas Cowboys media guide here, the twenty twenty four media guy.
Speaker 5: It's just the current one. And usually when they make these, they.
Speaker 4: Take the best players possible and throw them on the front of the graphic. They were without at some significant portion of the game.
Speaker 5: Four of the Evan guys.
Speaker 4: That are on the front of this missed time yesterday or missed the entire game. So the fact that you win games like that on the road against the team that was three and one, that at one point was one of the better teams or heralded as one of the better teams in the first month of football in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 5: All of that.
Speaker 6: Don't get me started all of that because I understand the Giants thing. We said it.
Speaker 7: We titled that episode Don't hang the Banner. Yep, still you're not hanging the banner. But this win against the Steelers is a different win than the win against the Giants.
Speaker 5: Agree, you were underman going in more.
Speaker 7: So throughout the game who you lost, and then you beat the Steelers team who were three and zero. A lot of us thought they'd be four and all coming into this game. Again, they drop against the coach, But this is also a Steelers team that beat the Falcons.
Speaker 6: Are the Falcons good? Yeah? Yeah, Falcons are good. They also beat the Broncos, who are above five hundred, they've won three games themselves, and the Broncos win into Tampa Bay and beat the breaks off of the Buccaneers. Are the Buccaneers good? Okay, so we're talking strength of schedule. If we're talking text of who you were without in this game against the Steelers. This game is absolutely a gut check game. So now build on it and we'll talk about it when we turn the page. But build on it because you got a bigger gut check on the way. But for the moment, enjoy this and clean up the mess and get some sleep.
Speaker 4: Get some sleep, please, Yeah, everybody, everybody, either that or more black rifle.
Speaker 6: Come, get the right make it happen, get that oatmeal, then brush up and put your visit line.
Speaker 5: Make it happen.
Speaker 4: Glad you joined us here on this victory Monday. I hope you had some fun with us breaking it down. We'll be back tomorrow talking Tuesday. Hey day eight eight five. And there's some text messages, give us some phone calls. Write your questions down right now, don't forget it, put it in your notes. Come on, get ready, ready to rock tomorrow. Star It'll be fun for Isaiah stand back, Josh Rodriguez, Patrick, go see Walker, Chris beeve in the back.
Speaker 5: Listen along with.
Speaker 8: Jaylen, Tarb Dallas got in the puble others.
Speaker 5: The Cowboys win. It's twenty to seventeen. That does it for talking cowboys to see the war.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 14: Cowboy