Speaker 1: Hey there everyone, Welcome back to the Betting Pros NFL podcast, brought to you by Bett MGM. I am your host, Dan Harris and you can find me on Twitter at Dan Harris Ady. It is time for our early look at next week's lines, and with me to break it all down is Rich Ryan, host of the Gridiron Gamble podcast. You can find Rich on Twitter at rich t Ryan. Rich. Thanks again for coming back on the show. How's it going.
Speaker 2: It's doing good. It's a victory Monday for us miserable Jets fans, which they come few and far between nowadays.
Speaker 1: Second in a row. Thh man, I mean, let's go. We're an unstoppable juggernaut. Now, you were saying right before you got on that you are actually going? Are you going this weekend? Next weekend? When are you going to the game? I'm going to the game.
Speaker 2: We'll be discussing later in this podcast this weekend, heading back east from South Orange County out here in California to New Jersey to watch our fight in New York Jets take on the Oakland.
Speaker 1: Oh baby, Well, I look forward to hearing your thoughts on that, because it's actually kind of an interesting line at least from my perspective. So we are going to get into that and all the games on the week twelve slate, and when we do, we're going to be using the consensus odds over at bettingpros dot com. And you surely know by now that the consensus odds over there are the aggregation of odds that are available on the market. As always, there are differences in the various sports books, so when you're looking shop around, but there are occasionally, you know, outliers there that you can really take advantage of. And also if you ever want to see how I or any of the top sports betting experts are leaning on any given bet at any given time, you can see that also on bettingpros dot com. All right, Rich, let's dive right in here with the Thursday night game. You've got the Colts at the Texans. The Texans here laying three and a half and the over under at forty five and a half. There's a lot to on back here with you know, both teams. Really the Colts grab the big win against the Jaguars, but they lose Marlon Mack to a fractured hand. He's certainly not going to play in this game, and probably not for the foreseeable future. It's going to be some doination of Jordan Wilkins or Jonathan Williams and naihim Hines. We've got possibly t Y Hilton making it back today. There was a positive report from him in practice, So it's unclear a little bit what we're going to see out of this offense. On the Texan side, pretty embarrassed by Baltimore. There's really no shame in that. Baltimore is just a total juggernaut at the moment. But the Shaun Watson, he gets beat up pretty good. Maybe will Fuller returns here at the least. I mean, you assume that the Texans are going to be pretty angry looking to bounce back. So how do you feel here about laying three and a half at home over under forty five and a half?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot here, and on the short week, it makes things even more interesting. This is a four and a half look ahead, moved down a point. Colt's bouncing back with Brissette under center, and like you said, Texans embarrassed by the Ravens last week at home. But it looks like both the bets and the money are pouring in on Houston. I'm seeing sixty six percent of the bets, seventy six percent of the money, and I think I kind of agree with them. And if you look at that Texans Ravens game, obviously, one of the things that everybody talked about today was the missed pass interference on that deep ball to DeAndre Hopkins and the subsequent stand call on the challenge of the PI, and that game just kind of got away from the Texans and it is an embarrassing spot, especially coming off of a bye and the Ravens coming off of that massive Patriots game. You would think that would be a nice merge for the Texans to take advantage of it. They just kind of got steamrolled there. I think we're getting a bit of value with that line coming down these two teams, in addition to leaning a little bit towards three and a half. Last time they went out, they combined for fifty three points. Right now, the total sitting at forty five and a half. So if there's more positive news on t Y Hilts, and I think I'm leaning towards the over as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I completely agree with the over. At the very least, I do think that this is going to be a game that's going to be high scoring on Thursday nights. The defenses, they just have such a short time to recover from those you know, hard hitting games that they have the day before. As you said, a lot is going to depend on what we see from the Colts practice reports. It's really tough on that Thursday game. But I agree with you, and you know, I look at the game and I feel like, you know, I don't feel like I should like the Texans at three and a half, but I do. I certainly lean that way. I don't think it's gonna move very much, as you said, you know, originally you know that the line has come down, but there is a lot of money coming in on the Texans at this point. So I do like them at three and a half, and I do like the over right now at forty five and a half, even without having the details on what's going to happen with you know, some of the Colts skill players, because I do think they'll still be able to put up points regardless. Let's move on here to the bucks at the Falcons. Falcons here are laying four and a half and the over under is at fifty two and a half. That's come down a bit. It was at fifty four when I checked yesterday. I'm not really sure what has gotten into the Falcons here. Things are really working for them right now. They still cannot run the ball effectively, but the passing offense looks to be just fine even without Mohammed Sanu or Austin Hooper. It's really about their defense that has suddenly come alive, both against the Saints and then yesterday against the Panthers. Meanwhile, we know exactly what the Bucks are at this point. Elite run defense, awful pass defense, and Jameis Winston is going to throw a few backbreaking interceptions or turn the ball over by a fumble at the worst possible time. So how do you feel here about the Falcons at home lank four and a half with a total of fifty two and a half.
Speaker 2: Who are these Atlanta Falcons?
Speaker 1: I've been described. Everybody was screaming, you know, for the coach to be fired, and suddenly, you know, Quinn just got them turned around and playing well. I don't know how it happened, but it happened.
Speaker 2: And this is who Quinn is supposed to be, right, He's a pete Carroll guy, part of that Seahawks defense transitioned to Atlanta, and that was the strength when Dion Jones first came into the league, Devondre Campbell, all these guys, and they started off real slow, but now they're getting going. You've got Claiborne and Jared up front really getting after it. So I don't know, honestly what to make of this Falcons team. You look at some of the sabermetrics or sabermetrics, not baseball but like PFF and football outsiders, and I don't know how much we can actually account the first couple games of the year. I think they're muddying the sample a little bit. So my knee jerk reaction is that the Falcons are being overvalued off of two wins, and that we should be looking to take the points with the Bucks, maybe even dabble in the plus one ninety on the money line. But I just I don't know. Maybe sharper people than me will take advantage of this, because when there's uncertainty in the market, that's when there's value to be had. But the Falcons new trend of being awesome just makes me very wary of this game on all angles.
Speaker 1: This strikes me as a game that's going to be pretty split between sharp beetters and public. I think the public are gonna back the Falcons because I think everybody is a really short memory, and the Falcons are playing great and the Bucks just keep throwing it away. So I bet you though the shart better is because you know the models are going to say that the Bucks are much better than their record indicates. But I'll be honest, I've lost enough money betting on Jameis Winston so far this year and it's not something that I would feel comfortable taking advantage of. If anything, i'd lean the Falcons. But again, I'm just not able to process what exactly has changed. And again they were beat up on defense. It's not like they're that much healthier suddenly that their defense is going to be playing at this elite level that it's been at right now. But still, especially with Winston, you know, at the very end of that game he was against the Saints, he was limping a lot. Now, Bruce arians said that the ankle injury is fine, so hopefully it is. But in the end, look, it's just it's not a game that I feel real comfortable backing you know, the Bucks for sure, and the Falcons well, I like it just it feels like a game where the public's going to love them, and that's also not something I want to know. So I could see this being a Thursday game where we list one game where we stay away that this one being the one that I'll avoid at all costs.
Speaker 2: The Bucks are the alternate line team. Man, I'm telling you fire Falcons minus ten and a half alternate and Fire Bucks money line. You'll probably win money in the long run.
Speaker 1: I like it all right. Let's move on to the Dolphins at the Browns. Browns a whopping eleven point favorite over under here at forty four and a half. I mean, the Browns are looking a little better this day. These days. I think Kareem Hunt actually really opened up the offense. And more about the fact that when he plays with Kareem Hunt, I think that might be their best I'm sorry, whitn't he plays with Chubb? That might be their best setup. The way they've got it going on, Their defense is getting healthier in the secondary. They're obviously not going to have Miles Garrett here, which hurts their pass rush. But the Dolphins, who had won a couple of games are kind of coming back down to earth. They get dominated by the Bills. In this last game, Devontae Parker continues to be really the only consistent part of their team on either side of the ball. So how do you feel here about the Browns at home? Off kind of the mini by laying eleven over under forty four and a half.
Speaker 2: A couple extra days rest, and it's so funny. It's almost like Freddie Kitchens waited nine weeks to roll out this twenty one personnel with Kareem Hunt and Nick Chubb on the field at the same time, and it's really unlocked something in this offense. It's allowed the offensive line to have less time to block. Right, they've been struggling upfront and things have not been working out downfield when getting the ball to Obj. But when you can throw shorter to either Hunt or Chubb, you can give that offensive line a little bit of help there by letting Baker give rid of the ball quickly. And honestly, Baker's really a timing quarterback. He's not somebody that's gonna do your like Bruce arians seven step drop and just chuck the ball down the field. He's very much a timing thrower, so everything's been in rhythm and looked great. And yeah, the mini buy as well has really helped. The public is still loving the Dolphins.
Speaker 1: I mean, was just gonna say that that's crazy to me.
Speaker 2: Obviously, they covered five straights, so they were putting money in everybody's pockets. But yeah, thirty one percent of tickets on the Browns forty percent of the money. So the public is once again lining up to take the points with the Dolphins, and I kind of think they're rights. I mean, in order to cover ten and a half, you have to be consistently getting out to a lead and extending the lead over a large sample, and I don't know if the Browns are built to do that, so I think you have to take the points here.
Speaker 1: Now, I completely agree that there is value in the Dolphins. I mean anything when you get to double digits, it just makes me just be like, oh man, I want to take that, because you know, getting that many points and I did it with the Bengals pretty much Assie's and long. It hasn't always worked out, but you want to take a look at that. And for the public side of it, my guess is Frankly, again I say this most weeks, but the overwhelming bets in the preseason were on Mayfield to win MVP and the Browns to win the Super Bowl. So I think they the public got so beat down by the Browns that they're just running the other way. And again, the Dolphins have been a team that covered this past week. But for the most part, overall, it's not a game that I want any part of. And there are a lot of games like that on this slate, Frankly, but you know, with the Browns laying eleven points, I see the value with the Dolphins, but they're not at the point right now given just I mean again, at some point, you know, all the injuries are taking their told, even on a team with a team like the Dolphins that doesn't have that much talent. You know, once you lose Preston Williams and even you know, Mark Walton, who wasn't anything great, but you know he was at least Kalen Bilage is probably the worst running back in football, you know, and he's getting carries and on the defensive side when you lost Staving Howard. So again, it's just not it's something where I see the value in the Dolphins, But I really don't think I could take it so long as it sticks in double digits, which I'm sure it will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kaylin Bilage's player profile photo is next to the word plod in the dictionary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really it's a remarkable level of utility.
Speaker 2: Frankly and the Brown's defensive lineman. Obviously, everybody knows they're not gonna be without Miles Garrett, but Ogunjobi missing this game for pushing Rudolph after that melee is well, I mean, they're gonna have zero pass rush in this game. So really a tough spot for a Browns team that should be, you know, coming off of a big division win the mini bye, like you noted, this should be them entering into like a late season bloom and unfortunately kind of a rough spot for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you bet against Fitsmagic at your own risk. Let's move on here to the Giants at the Bears this game. I'm just I don't know what the spread could be on this game where I'd feel comfortable with it. But the spread that it is currently at is Bear's laying six and a half with an over under at forty and a half. That's down at least a point from what I checked on last night. We know we've got the Mitch Trubisky injury that's kind of hanging up in the air. He reportedly had the hit pointer last night. There's a lot of grumblings, but maybe that's not true. Who knows. I honestly don't think it makes a difference if you go to Chase Daniel or not. I'm not sure it's a downgrade at this point. Trubisky has just been playing so terribly. The Giants coming off the by still does not sound like they're gonna have Evan Ingram here. Maybe Sterling Shepherd he practiced today. Hopefully Sequon Parkley, you know, got a little bit banged up in that Jets game. Hopefully he's back good. How do you feel about the Bears? Who I mean, betting on the Bears under basically has been just a super solid strategy this whole year. I think there's seven to three against it. How do you feel about the Bears lank six and a half at home to the Giants with an over under at forty and a half. That's the correct reaction, just to be clear.
Speaker 2: So a couple of weeks back, our Gridiron Gamble Super Contest card. We had the Bears as short home favorites against the Vikings, and not that we're the ones to celebrate injuries, but we were quite happy to see Chase Daniel get any quarterback sure when Mitch Trubisky was removed from that game. I agree with you. I don't think when this game opens, if Chase Daniel is the starting quarterback, which all things are trending in that direction, I don't think it moves off of this six and a half line. That is in some places, certainly here in this betting Pro's portal. I don't love either side at the number. I do think the Bears are certainly a teaser candidate. They though at six and a half. Get them down to a half point, and I do like the over in this game forty and a half. This Giants defense stinks like it is horrific, and if we can get Chase Daniel back there, I think that they can score enough to get this pass that over the Bear. The Giants are gonna be able to move the ball, and Dimes is perfect in both aspects in that he can move the ball and get the ball in the end zone, or he can hand into the Bears defense, and they can score as well. So I'm not in love with the number. I do think the Bears are a teaser candidate down to a half point, and I do like the over on four and a half forty and a half here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't like either of these numbers no matter what you do. I mean, I agree with you that I don't love the under on this one, because again, yeah, the thing is, you know, even if the Bears just run David Montgomery, you know, all day long, even though you know they don't have a great offensive line, but against the Giants, who don't really need that to be able to move the ball, they should be able to go up and down. They you know, the Giants pass defense is terrible, Alan Robinson, I expect we'll have a bounce back game after getting shut down by Jaylen Ramsey and again on the other side of the ball. Look, the Bears defense is just not anything close to what it was. You can certainly run on them. Barkley's probably gonna have a big day, and if Shepard comes back, that's just going to give the Giants another weapon. So yeah, I mean, I guess as much as I've been leaning on the under the over does strike me as right if I had to go one way or another, But at six and a half, I'm just not going anywhere near this game whatsoever. And I agree though I do expect the Bears to win, so teasing it down sounds like a good idea to me. Let's move on here to the Seahawks at the Eagles. The Eagles here are laying two and a half and the over unders at forty eight. I'll be honest, I'm a little surprised by this line. I thought it would be closer to a pick them. I mean, the Eagles. They continue the battle. Yeah, I know, I'm ready for it. The Eagles continue to battle injuries. Okay, they lose this tough game to the Pack. They easily could have won that game, you know, had Nelson Agiler been able to hold onto a football, which, by the way, is always one of the most confounding things to me that these individuals. Agaler is a superior athlete. His whole life has been dedicated to, you know, being a wide receiver, and the fact that he has all these drops always just strikes me as a little odd to watch professional football players like that. But regardless, they hang in this game, they easily could have won it despite the fact that they had no Jordan Howard. They had no Alshon Jeffery, so certainly not a terrible effort, and their defense is fine. Meanwhile, the Seahawks, they just they find a way to win every game. They're coming off a bye. Tyler Lockett's injury doesn't look serious. I don't think the Seahawks are a powerhouse team. I think the Eagles are just a little overrated, and I think betting against Russell Wilson is just not a profitable endeavor at this point. So you sound like you have a little bit of a different take. So how do you feel on Eagles laying two and a half at home with an over under and now at forty eight?
Speaker 2: I think this line is fair. The my knee jerk is just that the number playing the number in and of itself, You're getting some value in not laying the field goal with the Eagles here, But once you start looking at the x's and o's and who's lining up, I'm very afraid of this Eagles offense and their inability to move the ball. They predominantly want to sit in twelve with both Zach Ertz and Dallas Godert on the field. But there's probably no worse team to want to play twelve against than the Seahawks because they're coverage abilities at linebacker with Wagner and kJ Wright are just off the charts, plus they're coming off the buy. I think this is just, at the end of the day, a very very fair number and unless it moves then ey of the direction, I think it's a stay away for me. I am very intrigued though, at how much the public is just dumping on the Eagles. They're taking the Hawks at an eighty three percent clip ninety percent of them money, so.
Speaker 1: That's what that's what's dropping the spread here, right, I mean the look ahead was three, it's actually two now at the consensus thoughts. I looked at it before we started recording and I had it at two and a half. So it is just dropping very quickly, and that's I completely agree. I mean, I hate being so aligned with the public at this point, you know, but this is not something where you know eighty three percent of the money is coming in on the Seahawks and you know fifty percent of the money is coming in, right, I mean, the bet the amount of money coming in is aligned with the number of bets that are coming in. So I don't know, man, this strikes me as a mistake here. I think the Eagles are fine, but what you know, the Seahawks they do this every single game. You know, they just managed to hang in there long enough for Wilson to do his thing. And if they're getting points, not that it really matters if it was a pick them. If they're going to get one, if they're going to get two, not that big a deal. But for me, I don't know, man, I think they messed. I think the Eagles are being overvalued a little bit by the bookmakers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I still have some great grave concerns about this. See this Eagle secondary. I think yesterday or Sunday, sorry for those of you that listen to that are listening to this.
Speaker 1: Later in the week.
Speaker 2: I think that poor offensive performance was more indicative of the Patriots' inability to move the ball as opposed to the Eagles really clamping down on d I do not love that secondary. So yeah, again, I think this is a fair line. And yeah, holding a ticket while number three is running around out there like a chicken with his head cut off. Puts the fear of God in me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I will almost certainly be taking the Seahawks in the Super Contest as long as they remain getting points. So I'll just put that out there and they may be one of my best bets on Thursday after I get a good look at the entire card. Now, before we move on, let's talk briefly about bet MGM. If you have ever seen that Seinfeld episode where Kramer wants to essentially live his entire life in his shower, I can kind of relate to that in a sense. My wife runs constantly and to balance her out, I just do like zero physical activity whatsoever, which means I basically live my entire life on my couch. But the best part is that you can live your entire life on your couch while also playing wagers on sporting events when you download the bet mgm Sports app. Seriously, the betmgm Sports App lets you set up an account, deposit and withdraw money, and easily place a sports bet, all right from the comfort of your home. And they've got this great offer for you at the moment. When you download the bet mgm Sports App, you can just search for it right in your app store on your phone and you sign up for an account using our promo code Harris. That's my last name, Harris. Then your first bet of up to five hundred dollars is risk free. If you lose that bet, bet mgm credits you the amount you lost up to five hundred dollars for future wagers. And there are a million benefits to having an account with betmgm Sports, including the ability to track your bet in real time, the ability to do early cash outs to lock in your winnings or cut your losses, and they offer these insane boosted bets that come along every so often. So download the bet mgm Sports app, sign up using our promo code Harris. You will not regret it, and you'll earn a risk free five hundred dollars wager. These winnings are paid in free bets. You must be twenty one years or older, and although you can sign up and easily deposit money anywhere, you must be in the state of New Jersey to place a sports bet, and certain restrictions apply. Visit betmgm dot com for the full list of terms and conditions, and if you've got a gambling problem, call one eight hundred gambler. All right, let's move on here to the Panthers at the Saints. Saints here are laying nine and a half and it's moving up, and the over under is at forty seven. At the moment. Panthers starting to get a little bit exposed here on both sides of the ball. Kyle Allen throws four picks against that suddenly incredible Falcons defense that we've been talking about, and their passing defense, which is usually strong, it's struggling a little bit, but they're pretty desperate at this point. They really need to win. Meanwhile, the Saints write the ship against the Bucks. Now they're coming home, they'll probably still be down Marshawn Lattimore here. It sounds like his injury is going to keep him out at least another week. But you know, the offense continues to hum. Their run defense it's great and you'll need it against McCaffrey. So how do you feel here? Saints at home laning nine and a half points and the over under at forty seven.
Speaker 2: Feels like an auto bed on Carolina. To me, it's two converging ideas. One what team looked the best last week in professional football? What team looked the worst last week in professional football. They're coming together here this look ahead with six and a half, we're moving it a full field goal because Kyle Allen had his first really horrific professional game. There's just too much value in the number here, especially if Latimore is out. He's a problem missing in that secondary, So way too many points. I think you just have to close your eyes, pinch your nose, and take the Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 1: And let me ask you something. Can you see it getting past ten? And I kind of can? I kind of can, man, I'm telling you, I think the public is going to pound the Saints here. I know it hasn't come in yet, but I could see them really pounding it. I could see it getting higher. I think if you like the Panthers, you don't need to move right now. I don't really see it coming back down below the nine and a half. I mean maybe nine. I guess I could see, you know, if everything breaks away, But to me, I think nine and a half is kind of your floor here, and I could see it getting past the key number of ten. I know that's crazy, but I think that when this starts coming in, I think the public is going to be looking at the slate. They're not going to love what they see. The Saints are public team, they're going to like them, and I think they hate it's going to go far. So if you like the Panthers, I'm not sure you need to jump on it right now. I don't think you're going to lose any value going forward.
Speaker 2: Interesting ten's a lot. I think the amount of liability they might receive if they move to ten would be so heavy that they're more comfortable taking all this money at minus nine and a half or minus eight and a half wherever it is on here and just kind of needing the Panthers as opposed to pushing it to ten and maybe balancing a little bit more. I think the books are okay having an opinion here and wanting Carolina plus the nine and a half.
Speaker 1: All right, well, let's go to the game that you're going to be at. Raiders. Go that Raiders laying three over under forty five and a half. This's dropped significantly over here. Initially, I really want to hear your thoughts on this, because initially it felt like a little bit of a surprising line to me. I mean, the Raiders did not dominate the Bengals or anything. But we've seen enough of them to know that they're a pretty quality team sort of on both sides of the ball at this point. And when you look at though, when I looked at it a little closer, you look at how the two teams match up, considering that the Jets are at home and it's a West Coast team traveling east never really a great thing for the Raiders, and their history kind of makes sense. I mean, it's not like the Raiders have these dominant wide receivers the type that can give the Jets trouble because they have nothing in their cornerbacks. They can stop the run, but they struggle to stop the past. They don't get all that much pressure on the quarterback, which kind of is the only thing keeping Sam Darnold upright. So the Jets are coming off two straight wins here, as we talked about, So how do you feel here about the Raiders laying three with an over under forty five and a half?
Speaker 2: Feels a little disrespectful not gonna lie three? Look at why does this move up a half points? Raiders fail to cover against a really, really bad Bengals team. They had a chance there deep in the red zone, but got a I believe Richie with Richie Incognito, jumped off sides there and it ended up kicking a field goal in a spot where they could have scored a touchdown to cover. No way that I was laying points there, and I'm salty at all of that penalty, none whatsoever, But yet moves a half point in the Raiders direction. The numbers here are telling me that the sharps are coming in on the Jets right now. Fifty three percent of the tickets are on them, but eighty two percent of the money.
Speaker 1: I gotta lean.
Speaker 2: Jets here, But I'm definitely afraid of this secondary. As porous as the Raiders offensive weapons may be, I'm not worried about hunter Renfro taking the top off. I am still concerned with the cornerbacks on the field for the Jets and the linebackers as well, because we're gonna have to be dealing with Darren Waller on some of these routes as well. But you did bring up a very important point, and that's the biggest weakness for the Jets is their offensive line. And if you can't generate a pass for us, then you can't take advantage of this large weakness and Sam can just stand back there and throw some darts. He looked amazing against Washington because they were able to keep him up right, So I think three and a half is just a bit too heavy. At three, I think the line is a little more fair. But we're getting a ton of value just in that hook right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, right now, it's if you look at the various sportsbooks, it's bouncing between three and three and a half. So for us, the consensus line actually is at three. So I think it's fine there, but I agree there are some books that are laying three and a half. Yeah, I mean, I don't know. I know, I kind of like the over, I will say, especially now that it's dropped at forty five and a half, because I think both these teams are going to be able to put up points. But again, you know, it's just it's a matchup where, you know, the offense really runs through Josh Jacobs at this point, and the one thing that the Jets can do is stop the run. And it's not like Jake is really much of a pass threat. He's catching more passes now, but he's not one of these backs, it's going to sneak out and really dominate you through the air, like you know, Christian McCaffrey or Alvin Kamara, anything close to that. And the wide receivers Tyrell Williams is fine, but he's battling Planter Fasciatis Hunter Renfroze. Okay, Waller is definitely good. But yeah, it just doesn't seem like the best matchup for the type of offense that the Raiders have. And I agree that this is the type of game where the Jets are going to be able to put up points. So for me, I kind of like the total here now that it's dropped a few points to forty five and a half. I don't have real strong feelings about the spread right now at three or three and a half. I certainly did not feel like it was disrespectful. I feel like, you know, I think I maybe have a higher opinion of the Raiders than you do. But for me, love the Raiders.
Speaker 2: I was telling people. I was telling people, take a taste on Raiders plus four hundred to win the West.
Speaker 1: Oh, all right, I like it. Well, anyway, it should be an interesting I'm sure the line's going to stay roughly at three or three and a half, but again, the total of forty five and a half, I'm kind of feeling like that is a bet that I'll want to be making this week because I do feel like both teams are going to be able to put up points. Let's move on here to the Broncos at the Bills. Bills here laying four and a half and the over under at thirty seven and a half. I think I saw it yesterday and it was thirty five and a half, which is insane. So the fact that it's at least just now a really low number instead of a crazy low number makes me feel a little better. The Broncos here, they blow the twenty point halftime lead to the Vikings, but they continue to show that they're not this pushover even with Brandon Allen at quarterback. A few things break differently for them, you know, even with Joe Flacco, they really could have been in the mix out there in the West. The defense remained strong after they didn't trade really any of their big pieces. Meanwhile, the Bills continue to play well. But this is kind of going to be the first real test for Josh Allen, you know, other than when he played against the Patriots where he didn't have a great game, so I'm really going to be interested to see how he's able to do. Defense is solid, They're still a bit vulnerable against the run, which could make for a good day for Philip Lindsay. And again the over under and now, when I first saw it, I was like thirty five and a half. Goodness gracious at thirty seven and a half, still really low. But how do you feel about the Bills? Lank four and a half at home with the total at thirty seven and a half.
Speaker 2: Broncos another team that started off very slow defensively, but have come on as of late. And it's very weird that it all happened after the Bradley Chubb injury. There were rumblings that Vic Fangio's defense is extremely complex and it took a little bit for them to understand some of the concepts, and they've really really rounded into form and looked pretty great these last couple of weeks. And anytime Josh Allen goes up against the defense with a pulse that definitely puts some fear into me. I liked this more at the opener at five and a half. Unsurprisingly, it's starting to come down, and if you look at these numbers, man, it seems like the sharps are really pounding the Broncos here because fifty seven percent of the tickets are on the bills, but eighty five percent of the money is on the Broncos. So hopefully out there you were able to grab a five and a half ticket as it comes down, I'm less intrigued about Denver. Brandon Allen on the road is just the scariest Josh Allen against a good defense. But yeah, I still think there might be a little bit of value on a really well coached Broncos team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I actually agree with you there. I do think that, you know, even at four and a half, I think the value is still with the Broncos. My only concern again is, you know, as I mentioned a couple of times here, I went to school in Buffalo. That place is a really really difficult place to play once it starts getting a little cold and a little windy like it is now. So it's something where I get a little worried about it. But I think the Broncos are just a much better football team than people give them credit for. Even with Allen back there I mean, look, he's still able to move the ball. Courtland Sutton is a real real receiver out there. You know, he can really do some great things if you just let him do his thing and throw it up to him. And again, I think they're gonna just pound. You know, the one vulnerability of this Bill's defense is against the run, and I think you're just gonna see a whole lot of Philip Lindsay and Royce Freeman put in there, and I think they're going to try to control the ball there. So you know, if I had to go with the over under, by the way, I still would I think, probably go with the under at thirty seven and a half because I could see both teams just trying to run the ball NonStop, which leads to the clock running and not that much scoring. But I agree, for right now, I would have liked it better at five and a half. I still think that there's value in the Broncos at four and a half. I'm not saying that I'm going to jump all over it, but if I'm looking for value, I think that's probably one of the spots.
Speaker 2: Sudden they really open up the playbook for too two wide receiver reverses an inside run. I mean, he's just a fantastic player. So he's he's one of those guys, and I know you do a lot of fancy stuff as well, where he's getting into the territory where don't care who he's up against, don't care what the cornerback receiver matchup is, Courtland Sutton is going to get his.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sunday, he makes some acrobatic catches and you know, look, as long as you have the trust to throw it up to him and see what he can do, then you're liable to come down with good things. And they've been doing that lately, even with Allen in there. So I do think this is something where you know, probably value on the Broncos. Again, don't love it, especially not at four and a half, but it's something where I'm certainly more than willing to roll with them if in the end, like for the Super Contest, where we're desperate to find values somewhere, that might be one where I might dabble in for the Lions at the Redskins. Lions here are laying three and a half in the over under at forty two and a half, I think it's fair to assume that it's probably still Jeff driscoll here for the Lions, but he is able to move the ball pretty well against the Cowboys, to be fair. Meanwhile, perhaps the team has found their first running back since Carrie On Johnson went out with Bo Scarborough. Of all people, he carried in this game last week. It was a revenge game, absolutely for the team that drafted him. He ran pretty well. I mean, he's not going to do anything in the passing game. You're still going to see JD. McKissick, you'll see a little bit of Ti Johnson. But really he at least gave them this presence on the ground that they haven't really had in a while. So it certainly helped the offense. The problem is the defense. They remained significantly subpar on defense probably isn't going to matter against a Dwayne Haskins led RESK Redskins team. If they put up a few points I think seventeen yesterday against the Jets, but almost all of that was in garbage time. Haskins, it's just really not ready to be an NFL Q be especially when you're coming out after a bye. You kind of said, okay, he might be able to show us something and he really just doesn't. Although you probably looked a little better than I expected. They get Darius guys involved a little bit here. Terry McLaurin still is around and he's a solid wide receiver. So how do you feel here about the lines length three and a half with the over underd forty two and a half? And I assume you, like me, think it's going to be Driskell and not Matthew Stafford under center.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely going to be Driskell Stafford just we get it. You're you're an absolute warrior. But I don't think playing with a broken hip or broken back, whatever it is, is worth it it this part of the season, Lions are three to five and one. It's been a long year for the Stafford family. Just to go, just go take a rest unless you're driving. Put a hand in the air if you had both Scarborough and you're dimes the team when the Cowboys drafted him, because I did hoping that he would somehow crack some attempts behind that offensive line with a Zeke injury, but unfortunately not man. It is the year twenty nineteen of our Lord in Jeff Driscoll's a road favorite in professional football. I don't know if I can get down with that. Ninety six percent of the tickets are on the Lions, ninety nine percent of the money is on Detroit. No, thank you next, Okay, I think that that's fair, Matt. It's really not a game that I particularly love. I certainly will never be backing the Redskins with Dwayne Askins back there, but certainly something where I'm not overly excited about the Lions despite the love that they are getting from the public. I think that's also fair to say Driscoll was kind of impressive this past week, but I agree it's very strange to look at a Jeff Driscoll led team and see them favored by three and a half points. So let's move on here.
Speaker 1: But before we finish up with our last few games, I do want to remind everyone about our giveaway. It's as signed Odell Beckham Junior Cleveland Brown's Helmet. Our contest is running through November thirtieth, so you still have a little bit of time to enter. You can go to bettingpros dot com slash contest for more details, but to enter, all you need to do is leave a review for the show on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher and send a screenshot of that review to contest at Bettingpros dot com. Now, an entry into this contest get to automatically entered into all future contests. So if you have entered into one of our past contests, you're automatically entered into this one. Now. The Beckham helmet and all of our signed helmets, they all come from Pristine Auction, where they offer a ton of great memorabilia with thousands of auctions every single day. And when you go there, which is at Pristine Auction dot com, p R I S t I n E Auction dot com, use our promo code Betting Pros and you can win a free five dollars voucher instantly. All right, let's move on here to the Steelers at the Bengals. Steelers here are laying seven with an over under at thirty nine and a half. This is just a very tough one to analyze because we don't really know who's gonna be out there for the Steelers on offense. I think we can assume that James Connor is probably going to be out after reaggravated his shoulder injury. That's gonna leave Jayalen Samuels and Trey Edmonds in the backfield. Meanwhile, Juju smith Schuster not only leaves with the concussion, but he's also apparently battling a knee injury, making it a little more unlikely. They signed a few wide receivers off the street today, so I'd have to bet that smith Schuster doesn't play Deontae Johnson. I mean, given how scary that concussion look, do, you probably have to assume he's not gonna play. So it's really just about their defense, which does remain strong, which is a problem so long as Ryan Finley remains the quarterback for the Bengals, because he's really not getting it done. I mean, they did hang in there against the Raiders, but there's just no firepower for that team on either side of the ball. So tough to analyze given the injuries. But how do you feel right now? But the Steelers laying seven and the over under at thirty nine and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if we know there's no Palancy and if there's a possibility that there's no Connor and no Juju, I think we have to take the points with the Bengals. As disgusting as it feels this Steelers offense is already putrid with Juju who is an elite receiver, and Connor who's above average runner, and Pouncy being one of the best centers in the game. You take all three of those away, you've got Mason Rudolph throwing to a bunch of randoms, his college teammate James Washington being one of them. The Deontay Johnson was bleeding out of his ears, like, what is the Steelers offense going to look like? And I despise the Bengals specifically on the defensive side of the ball, But I just I don't know how this doesn't move off of the seven look ahead with all these these injuries here, the total is suspiciously low as well, But given how poor both of these offenses are, I think that's kind of a stay away as well. But if these injuries trend in that direction, if the Steelers are going to be without some of those key players, I think we have to take the points with the Bengals. As icky as it feels.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean really, and when you look at it, I mean still at this point, the majority of the money is on the Steelers, but the majority of the bets actually is on the Steelers, but the majority the money is on the Bengals because I think, you know, most sharp bedders are probably realizing it's just not going to be many people out there. You know. This could be another game where Jaylen Samuels catches thirteen passes, you know, because I don't really know how else they're going to be able to move the ball. They are signing guys off the streets. So I agree, I have I have lost. I have lost with the Bengals this year, trying to sort of, you know, bank on the value. But at this point, if it stays at seven, I agree, Yeah, I think you got to take that touchdown because again I don't see any way Connor plays. It seems highly unlikely that Smith Schuster plays, and probably not Deante Johnson, and again no Penalcy. It's just really hard to see them putting up points at all at this point. So yeah, I don't know, man, I think I take the value with the Bengals and hold my nose and probably do it. Let's move on here to the Jaguars at the Titans. Titans here laying three at home, the over under at forty one to me, This is the exact correct spread and the exact correct total. The Titans are coming off of bye. They continue to look a little better offensively with Ryan Tannehill. The Jaguars get beat up a bit by the Colts and Nick Foles return, but they're certainly capable of winning this type of game, as they did earlier this year. So how do you feel about the Titans laying three at home with an over under of forty one.
Speaker 2: I think there's some value in the Titans here. I think this line should be three and a half. I think they should be getting the hook. And by looking at the betting pros portal right here, that minus three is at minus one twenty juice, which is telling me that the money is coming in on Tennessee. It's kind of weird. I think Nick Foles is a better quarterback than Gardner Minshew, but given the structure of this Jags offense, their inability to pass block, and their need for kind of playmaking at the quarterback position, I think Minshew's a better fit for the team. As ass backwards as that may sound, A lot of the struggles last week for the Jags was just Nick Foles's inability to make a play. And that's okay when you're on the Eagles, right when you have an offensive structure around you where your guys are gonna win, your offensive line's gonna win, and when your guys get the ball, they're going to make winning plays. But the Jags are kind of a team that needed that boost from Minshew. They needed his mobility and his ability to get out of the pocket and kind of create throwing lanes. And I just don't think they're gonna get that out of Foles. Plus, you've got the Titans coming off the by Ryan Tannills just doesn't really make that many mistakes at quarterback. We might be getting aj Brown back healthy. Yeah, I think the Titan should be getting the hook here. I think there's some value in the monastery.
Speaker 1: Well, from what I'm looking at, ninety five percent of the money is coming in on the Titans right now, so certainly Better's look to agree with you. And look, Tannehill has completely changed that offense, I think. I mean, you know, you figured maybe it wouldn't be that much of an upgrade over Mariotta, but it really is. I mean, they're moving the ball through the air. Well, you always have Derrick Henry pounding the rock, the defense remains strong. Yeah, I mean I get it, and off the buy, I do get it. But you know, I think the Jaguars are just one of these teams that I can't really get a read on. I feel like every time I expect them to come out a little flat, they come out looking better than I expect. Every time I think that they're going to put up a big game, I feel like they come out flat. So for me, you know, at three, I feel like this is where it's supposed to be. You kind of feel like, essentially at three, you're getting you're certainly getting value on the Titan. So that's one that you know, I could see. It's certainly the vast majority of betters are in agreement with you. But for me, this line feels about right. But it sounds like, given the amount of money that's coming in, if you do like the Titans, you should probably get in on it while it's at three.
Speaker 2: Because that hook, that hook's coming, it's coming.
Speaker 1: It's certainly coming. Let's move on to a game that might be the most bet game in the history of professional football, the Cowboys at the Patriots. Patriots here are laying six and a half with the over under of forty six. It's going to be really interesting to see how these bets break down. Considering again, you've got two of the most public teams in the game, The Patriots. We talked about that game a little bit earlier against the Eels. They win, but they really don't look that impressive. Again, the weather wasn't great, let's at least you know, acknowledge that. But the Pats haven't really looked that good offensively in a while. They've kind of been relying on their defense, which is great, but it's not quite as dominant as maybe it looked early in the season when they had that cupcake schedule. The Cowboys defense hasn't been tremendous either, but the offense is doing enough. Against the Lions, They're not running the ball that effectively these days, which is a little weird. Zeke has scored the touchdowns but really not gaining that many yards of the last couple of games. But they obviously have a lot of weapons. Even with Amari Cooper battling the knee injury, they're getting around Cobb involved more, Michael Gallup as an emerging star. So this should be a good one. Feel about the Patriots at home link six and a half with the total at forty six.
Speaker 2: I think under forty six is my favorite bed of the week so far. You look at what the Patriots do on defense, and they funnel you to run the ball, one because they're awesome in coverage, and two because a lot of the looks they give you in the front invite you to run the ball, and teams have had success with that. The Ravens obviously crushed them, and the Eagles had sincess on the ground yesterday or on Sunday, but they needed to throw the ball and when they did, they were unable to. And Bill's kind of allowing teams to run, knowing that eventually they'll need to throw the ball. And Dallas as an offense, they kind of want to run the ball. They've been better when they let Dak get back there and throw the rock. He's been incredible these last two weeks when Kellen Moore gets to design these passing plays to let him spread the ball around to these great receivers. But at their core, they still want to run the ball. And on the other side, the Patriots passing attack has not I've been good whatsoever. And I'm really worried about the Patriots offensive line trying to pass block against Robert Quinn, DeMarcus Lawrence, and Malie Collins. So I think under forty six is far and away my favorite bet of the week so far. And in terms of the game itself, I mean, I hate lining up to fade the Pats, but I think there's some value in taking the points as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with you on both. Again, this is a game where I see the value in the Cowboys. I don't know if I'm gonna be able to pull the trigger on it because I rarely am against the Patriots, but yeah, I agree. I think the Patriots right now are getting a little bit exposed. I mean, there's still a great team. They'll still probably be in the Super Bowl. They'll still probably win the Super Bowl, as you and I as Jets fans know, but in the end, for right now, look, you saw Brady at the end of that game. He took a beating a little bit, but he's he's gonna be taking a beating a little bit more behind that offensive line. They just don't have the wide receiver death. I know, Mohammed Sanus on board. You know they still have Julian Edelman of course philiped or set but they just do not have the firepower on offense and they can't run the ball, so it's really affecting the way they're able to move. And I agree, you know, the way you attack the Patriots if you can, is on the ground. I think you're going to see a lot of zeke here, So I could see it being a low scoring, not crazy low scoring, but a low scoring kind of drag it out game that's going to be tight. So I agree, if I'm forced to go anywhere, I would go under the forty six and the Cowboys getting the points. Again, that's scary at this point even you know when you're getting under a touchdown here, But I do think that there is value there. As you said, let's move on here to the Packers at the forty nine ers. The forty nine ers here are now laying three and the over under is at forty six. Another really good game here. Packers are coming off a bye and they're bounce back win against the Panthers. They're getting a little bit healthier here. Devonte Adams certainly look closer to full strength in their last game. Meanwhile, the forty nine Ers wind up winning and covering depending on when you got that spread against the Cardinal likes, I mean, I feel horrible for betters who who didn't get it until late when the line had moved pretty significantly from I think it opened at eleven and a half and it dropped at nine and a half by the end. Over All, though not the greatest effort from the forty nine Ers, especially defensively. Offensively, Jimmy g throws the four touchdown pass, so of course they're still not having great success the last few weeks running the ball, and that's really where you attack the Packers better. So how do you feel here? A big one forty nine Ers laying three at home to the Packers with an over under at forty six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the injury report is going to be massively important here. I think we're still going to be missing Joe Staley. He had minor there's no succincive minor surgery. He had finger surgery following that Seahawks game, missed last week. I don't know what the timetable is for his return. And then of course Emmanuel Sanders played hurt against the Cardinals last week. George kill missed the game. Kill's really important to this offense. He unlocks a lot of things at the second level and really helps the run game as well because his threat and play action, whether it be down the seam or on those crossers, really adds a dimension to the Shanahan offense that is important for Jimmy G to operate. I've never been the biggest Jimmy G fan, so I've not been surprised by his I think a dozen turnovers so far this year. This line is very interesting. This line is very respectful to the Packers. I think they are coming off of by and they have looked great as of late, last scene, beating the Carolina Panthers pretty badly at home.
Speaker 1: And I'm also.
Speaker 2: Interested to see how much the public is lining up to take the Packers sixty percent of the tickets. The money is a little bit more balanced at fifty two percent for Green Bay. I think there's a little bit of value on the Packers coming off the bye, but I don't know. They are just very fine margins that are separating these two teams right now, and given the injury speculation at this time, I'm in wait and see mode with Wiscontin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't really think I want any part of this whatever happens. You know, I could see if Sanders and Kittle and Staley are all out, then I see the value in the Packers at that point. But if any or especially all of them are healthy, I just don't have a great feel for it. Again, you know, the forty nine Ers, I was kind of slow to come around on them. Then I bought all in and I've watched them closely the last few games. Again, you take Kittle out of that game, and you know, it's just it's not the same offense when you have it. Sanders, you know the fact that he was questionable coming in because he left the game before, and he leaves this last game against the Cardinals also with the injury. It's a little tough to rely on him going forward. I mean could look Deebo Samuel certainly stepped up. You know, they have a couple of guys that they can throw in there. But it's not a game where I would feel really confident in their ability to move the ball through the air. Especially the Packers. Although their past defense isn't quite as good as it showed early on this season, it's still their strength and I don't really have that much faith in the forty nine ers to be able to run the ball, So it's just it's Sunday night. I don't really have a great feel for it at this point, unless again, the forty nine ers are completely down all those skill players. If so, then I'll lean the Packers. But at home on Sunday night, it's going to be a little difficult for me to go against them. So it's probably gonna be a game that I'm going to stay away from because it's just it's not a line that I feel all that comfortable with. Let's move on here to our final game, the Monday night football game Ravens at the Rams, still showing the Ravens laying three and a half and the over under at forty six and a half, which has come down a bit from forty nine. When I saw the Ravens, they look absolutely unstoppable. Lamar Jackson is playing at an incredibly high level, and the defense is healthy and gelling. It's just hard to see them being beat, especially by a Rams team that has one of the worst offensive lines in the game. They lack any offensive firepower at this point. Maybe Brandon Cooks comes back Robert Woods apparently missed this last game against the The personal issues so used him. He's gonna play. Todd Gurley ran pretty well. But I don't know about you, man. I'm looking at this game at Ravens, you know, three and a half. I love the Ravens at that number, and I'd be surprised if it doesn't grow.
Speaker 2: You know what the preseason line was on this game? How about Rams minus seven and a half. Oh my god, Oh, how the times have changed? Yeah, I mean even the one week look ahead was Ravens plus one. You knew that was gonna shift with how the Ravens dominated the Texans last week and the Rams while they did win, while they did cover, it was in very ugly fashion for the entire world to watch on an Island game on Sunday night football. Unsurprisingly, eighty percent of the bets are on Baltimore, but the money's there as well at seventy percent. So yeah, I think this line is fair. The fake sharp of me thinks that what are you doing, idiot? You have to take the Rams here? Like, how can they be getting this many points at home? The Ravens have never been more overvalue than they are, right, now. But the Ravens have also earned this inflation because not only are they doing incredible things on the offensive side of the ball with Lamar and his MVP candidacy, but since getting Marcus Peters and since having Marlin Humphrey and the other quarterback which is I'm blanking on right now coming back Jimmy Smith coming back to full health, this defense has been awesome. They had a couple of sacks yesterday were one hundred percent coverage sacks because they're missing Zadari Smith in that front from a pure pass rushing perspective, but guys were blanketed yesterday. And if we're not with Woods, and if we don't have Brandon Cooks, the Rams are gonna have a tough time moving the ball against this defense. So ultimately, I think this is a fair line. And I'm not going to hate you for laying three and a half with the races.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't care that. I'm going to be totally aligned with the public on this one because because I think that you are. Look, I've watched you know, on Football Sunday, I have you know, four TVs going one of them has red zone, and then I pick a couple of games that I watch necessarily, I'm trying to watch the Rams closely just because I want to understand what is happening right now. You just their defense is legitimate, Okay, so their defense is gonna be fine, But with you know, the way the Ravens are playing, you know, I'd like to see them play the Patriots again because I'd like to see what it is if you have a look at exactly what their offense looks like when you play them in a regular season game, and whether or not you can make any sort of adjustments to try to slow down Jackson. But the first time you see them this season, with the way Jackson is playing, as good as the Rams defense is playing, you know, especially since they added Jalen Ramsey, I just don't think it's gonna matter all that much. And more importantly, I just don't understand how the Rams are going to be able to do anything offensively. They just can't. Golf is really showing who he is. He is never gonna have enough time to throw in that pocket. Because even if you don't love the Ravens pass rush, which is certainly solid enough, that offensive line is abysmal. I mean, they're playing with like four backups at this point, it's just not gonna be going well for them. So again, they can stop the run. You know, once Brandon Williams came back, they've been able to do that. You mentioned the cornerbacks. The defense as a whole is gelling. This is as much about the Rams and kind of my lack of respect for them as it is about my immen's respect for the Ravens. So I'll be aligned with the public on this one. I'm okay with it, And again, as you talked about, even when it opened, I think it was a pick em as you mentioned, and it's just swung wildly to the Ravens. So for me, I don't know. I think the public's gonna continue to pound this, and I would get it on the Ravens now because I don't see it coming back.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you gotta put your SpongeBob SquarePants.
Speaker 1: I don't mind doing it every now and then with a game like this, and I certainly will be doing it here. That's gonna do it for today's show, Rich, it was great having you back on. Remind everybody where they can find more of you in your work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, check out our podcast, grid Iron Gamble you can get it on any podcastcher We're also on Twitter at grid on Iron Gamble check us out.
Speaker 1: Awesome. Well, thanks again for coming back on. Hopefully we can do it one more time before the end of the season.
Speaker 2: My pleasure, j E.
Speaker 1: Ts Enjoy the game. Thanks again to the sponsor of today's show, bet MGM. Remember to download the bet MGM Sports app and use our promo code Harris to get your risk free first wager of up to five hundred dollars, and don't forget to rate and review the podcast and send a screenshot of that review to contest at bettingpros dot com for your chance to an assigned Odell Beckham Junior Brown Trummet. We'll be back later this week giving some of our best bets for Week twelve. I'll talk to you then