Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 2: Let just take a look at some of the stocks on the moves that we can do that today with Bloomberg's tot Chenna Darya Chena. What are you looking at today?
Speaker 3: Well, paul Ai seems to be back, but it looks like investors need more convincing because sml ADRs here pairing those morning gains and swinging between gains and losses after the open after those blowout results done both really well for tech earnings here in the US. Later today, bookings in the fourth quarter were a record at thirteen billion euros that sixteen billion dollars, nearly double the analyst estimate. The company also announced data plans to catch some seventeen hundred job jobs, or about four percent of its workforce. Well, the Dutch chip maker is holding its analysts called right now, this is where the shares have turned around. The CEO has stressed customers are starting to believe that AI demand is sustainable and ramping up capacity, but for them it only means a gradual increase in supply so to analysts, to some of the analysts, distresses a more cautious approach, and we're seeing some of that commentary come through our top Life blog which is covering the columbiale time revenew Right.
Speaker 2: Thank you for explaining that distinction there and why the shares have come off a little bit here.
Speaker 3: How about let's stay in the chip space.
Speaker 2: You've got another chip maker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, moving on to the more boring part of the semiconductor industry, if you will, and that is analog chips which are used in cars, factory equipment, and anything that you want, and that is a Texas instrument is the biggest manufacturer of these, and shares are up seven percent after a surprisingly robust forecast for the first quarter indicating that demand for industrial equipment and vehicles is recovering from a rough patch. So it's guidance for revenue is above the midpoint there and then also profit is for cast to be above estimates. And this bit outlook signals that customers have worked through the backlog of the inventory and are starting to make purchases again. This is all good news for the semiconductors that are not directly exposed to AI and have been heavily lagging in recent years.
Speaker 2: Red headline crossing the Bloomberg terminal here. Treasury Sectory Beston says us quote absolutely not end quote intervening in dollar yen trading.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this speculation was really percolating, like two days ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So two days later we get a comment from the Treasury Secretary.
Speaker 2: I guess we've got I'm looking at the DXY index here up a little bit. It was down most of the morning, but now trading up a little bit higher, right, touchdown one more for you.
Speaker 3: AT and T shares are up about five percent after reporting for codor profit and revenue. Dot Beat analyst estimates, posting the best broadband subscribe subscriber growth in a decade. The third largest US wireless provider showed that adjusted earnings per share increased to fifty two cents, bidding estimates of forty six cents, and signaling that its strategy of being a one stop shop for all people's connectivity needs like a mobile plan and also an Internet plan is working out and that stock can definitely use some help after that sharp turnaround from late last year. It's down. It was down seven percent before today. Now it's down about four percent for the month of January, and today's results definitely puts the stock on a better trajectory.
Speaker 1: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.