Speaker 1: My Next Guest is an Emmy Award winning producer and the writer, director, and actor known for hit ABC sitcoms Blackish, Grownish, Mixed Dish. He's also known for directing You People, starring Eddie Murphy on Netflix, among other things. Of course, now he's got a new podcast on Audible called The Unusual Suspects, and it appears that he's taking over my studio. I mean, I don't even know whatever to think. One and only Kenya Barris is in the house. What's up, big time? How are you man?
Speaker 2: I'm good, bro. I just want to make a couple of quick changes.
Speaker 3: Oh my lord, that's my book, Just a.
Speaker 2: Couple of.
Speaker 3: What could I have done better? What could I have done better?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Tell me, how are you? Bro?
Speaker 3: It's good to see you, my brother. Is good to see you.
Speaker 1: First of all, First order of business, with all that you've accomplished, with all the great things that you continue to do in Hollywood and beyond. Here you are are with a new podcast. Talk to me about this The Usual Suspects. What it's all about.
Speaker 2: I got with Malcolm, we became friends. I approached him at a restaurant and always my joke is like when you see a writer in public, it's kind of like seeing a porn star, you know, because it's like you've seen somebody who you have this intimate relationship with, you know what I'm saying, and you don't see him out And so when I saw him, I was like, oh, and I was like I did the whole I never do this, but like, he couldn't have been sweeter. And we struck up a friendship since then, and we kind of realized that we looked at things as he's a million times smarter than me, but we looked at things. We both like to look at the thing behind the thing, and we kind of thought we were a couple, but at the same time not our couple, and we I'm a huge fan of his revisionist history podcasts and his books, and we was like, let's get together and talk to people we both love that other people love but might not know that they love him, or why they love him, or who exactly we are. And that's that's kind of the point behind the podcast.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's a great idea.
Speaker 1: Shoot, I wish I would have thought about it my damn self, But that's why you are who you are.
Speaker 3: And I'm just little old me. I'm just little low me. I mean how much?
Speaker 1: How how interested are you in really really doing this? Because you're a doer. Some of us are just talkers for crying out loud. But you've done a lot, You've accomplished a lot. What is it going to be like for you to be in front of the microphone? And not only that, keep in mind that even in the age of podcasting, it almost seems like a video is attached to every podcast, So you're going to be seen and heard more from a literal perspective. And it's not just your name and people knowing the name and that's the man who does this great work. But now they'll see you and they'll know you. How ready are you for that?
Speaker 2: Well, we did it, so it's finished, so so it's coming out, so we will we will see. I was I'm you know, I'm I got a little bit more comfortable being in front of the camera doing blackf but I still feel like you can rob me with a camera. Deon Cole says, you can rob him with a snake, you can rob me with a camera. Like but I do I do like asking questions. I think that everybody's story is amazing. You know what I'm saying, even the time we've spent just talking about just like everybody's story, if you just sit out and talk to anybody, everybody's story is amazing. And we got to talk to some truly amazing people who had truly amazing stories. And one of the things that we I guess, like the narrative, you know, thematic that we were looking for everybody's like is there something that people who have achieved great things? Is there something in them that we could kind of find a narrative to. And there were some things I'm saying, relationships to mothers or surrogate mothers, relationships to you know, passion compared to compulsion, compared to you know, ambition, But like in general, it was really just amazing center and listening to people that we all kind of had our own like sort of secret private love relate relationship with.
Speaker 1: You know, when I look at you and I think about the great work that you've done throughout the years, I guess the question that I think about asking you often is what would you say you bring to Hollywood, to television, to movies, et cetera. That's an aberration that's different, not than what other people have brought.
Speaker 2: A bunch of luck. Now I feel like I think I you know, you know, and just entire same thing. I think that you do same thing. I think that a lot of people do. We come from a different place that Hollywood was not used to, you know what I'm saying, And I try to bring the most authentic version of who I am, the most version of telling stories and also the most authentic version of other people's stories. I think that is for me. I don't like to play the you know, the game of like trying to say to you know, reach everybody. I want to reach the people who want to hear the truth. And I think that's something that we do in this podcast, and then I, you know, I won't hopefully do just in the in the work that I do.
Speaker 1: Why do you think you've been able to pull it off, particularly in ways that most people, especially most black folks, haven't been able to pull off. Obviously, the road or the obstacles that Hollywood presents and what have you.
Speaker 3: That's a challenging and of itself.
Speaker 1: But you've clearly conquered a lot of the obstacles that have been placed in the path of many many of us that hasn't been the case for you, at least from them from our vantage point, how do you think you've been able to pull it off?
Speaker 2: I mean, first and foremost, like you know, not just as a good I mean, you know, obviously God what I'm saying, Like, you know, I think he has plans and He's given me, you know, some some blessings and a destination that has a journey for me. So I always want to, you know, take that first. I think that I also feel, like you know, I started from the bottom I was a PA and work my way up. I think that's something that doesn't happen as much anymore, you know what I'm saying. People kind of get thrust into it and they aren't quite ready because the place that they're thrust into they haven't seen all the stuff that can come before. I think working your way up and learning that, you know, what everybody's job is, what everybody's name is, that everybody's job is important, and having respect for that, and just like really really being curious, Like I'm really really curious about a lot of different stuff, and so I'm being curious and trying to answer my curiosities and then do it in an entertaining way. I think that's sort of if there's been anything that's sort of been. The thing that I try to do is like take stuff that people are curious about and how to answer it back, and not just answer from one point of view. Make sure you put enough different people in different characters. Me and Malcolm are different but the same in some aspects. But make sure you don't come out from just one point of view. Come at it from a lot of different points of view, and be open to like people disagreeing, like you disagree with your co hosts and people all the time. I think that's what makes some of the best stories.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm wondering what do you feel about the advent of podcast and not only that, seemingly everybody having their own production company in this day and age, venturing into a world that some would say you've now mastered. How do you feel about the proliferation of it, just the activity in the industry now more so than ever before. Because I imagine somebody like yourself has an idea about who's qualified to be in this space and who isn't.
Speaker 3: What are your thoughts about that?
Speaker 2: I love it, you know what I'm saying. I love it. And the reason I love it is, you know, I you know, I look up you know, I look at you. The difference between you, a difference between Cam and May's, the difference between shann and the difference between you know, Oprah or whoever. You know what I'm saying, people or you know whatever. And I feel like there's a I think, finally there's a lot of diversity, and I think it's really important. I also feel like it will show eventually that the cream will rise, which I think is really important because I think that everybody can't do something, and once everybody thinks they can, it kind of actually makes the people who can do it a little bit more special. So in a little bit of an asshole way, I love that body's trying to do it. I love. One of my favorite things is like, people are coming from my house and my house is decent. My boys I grew up with will be like, man, I should start writing, and I'm like, yeah, man, because it's just that easy. Everybody can do it, you should start doing it too, you know what I'm saying. It's like, I think the idea of you know, we're in a place where the media and the tools have allowed people feel like everybody can do it. Everybody can't do it, you know what I'm saying. We'll see if I can do it, But I feel like there are certain people who are good at what they do, and you got to give everybody a chance so that it will actually the cream will rise and people will say, oh, that dude is actually really.
Speaker 3: Special when you look at right now.
Speaker 1: Particularly, let me transition for a quick second to what you live in Los Angeles and what it's transpired in Los Angeles with the wildfires, obviously has been catastrophic, so many people being displaced, so many people losing their homes, et cetera.
Speaker 3: You have folks who ain't even.
Speaker 1: Political getting a bit political because they're disgusted with the local government and how they've been doing things of their planning, being their preparation, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 3: You could take it anywhere you want to go.
Speaker 1: As this stuff has unfolded over the last few weeks in Los Angeles and its outskirts of Pacific Palisades and beyond out to Dina, Let's not forget that. What have you been what have been your thoughts watching all of this unfold.
Speaker 2: I've had a huge amount of thoughts I'm saying, and like it's a really big, big, big big It's like it's it's stopped me from doing a lot of my work. You know, I had a conversation, you know, with a couple of filmmakers. If I had if I had time right now, I would turn a camera on and I would tell that camera to go and start taping, and I would call it a tael of two cities. And I want to see right now, in real time, how these two cities affected by both fired unbelievable tragedy or people our stuff, how it's handled, and the difference in how it's handled. I love to tell that story. That's one thing I'd love love did. I think you could almost make a case study out of how it's you know, the difference of how it's handled. I've also talked to you know, a lot of friends and people that have relationships with to try to talk about for my particular you know what I'm saying. I'm sad for everyone, but you know, my particular people to advocate like and Altadium was the first one of you know, if not the first black middle class enclave where we could have it and It's one of the only places in America where you have like historic you know, passed down like grandmothers gave the houses to mothers, gave the houses to daughters, you know what I'm saying. And that's one of the only places that's still in this country you could see that. I'm very much so concerned that ALTA, you know, some big development group, black so black Rock, whatever you wanna call it, is going to come in and they're going to take it from us, and it's going to be you know, passing in the hills, you know what I'm saying, or passing in too, and I feel like I want to make sure that that place continues to look like it was, like it looked before it was. You know, this tragedy happened because I think it's really important that we had. We saw it happen to us in New Orleans. We saw it happened. It happened happening to us in Harlem, saw it happening in Brooklyn, We saw it happen in you know, Miami, the Venice Canals, We saw it happened. To the idea that when things happen, we get you know, we get wiped out and they figure out another way. So I've I've had some conversations and I'm saying I have been in some aspects really inspired by the response. In other aspects, I keep it to myself right now. I feel like certain people have sort of degalvanized from a group and sort of been more interested in their in their path. But I feel like for me, I really want this to be something that we help the city and the audience and the guests and the people who live there, you know what I'm saying. And the people have been a part of the strategy be able to look and see that city it looks like the city that they remember when they you know, when it was at its heyday. I think the population is at thirty six percent black. It was well over fifty or sixty, and gentrification and started shrinking it. I don't want to look up ten years from now and it's just been wiped away.
Speaker 1: Please consider me a soldier on your behalf and making sure we keep a spotlight on that kind of story, because clearly we don't need to just sit back and let that happen and be quiet about it. Ain't no question about that. So I'm riding with you on that one all day every day. I got to ask you about Hollywood in this regard though. Talking to Rob Lowe just a couple of days ago, he was talking about how he's lived in Los Angeles since the seventies and Hollywood meaning the business in Hollywood, Hollywood itself, you know, just the business. Uh, that's everywhere, they said, Atlanta, there's various other places, Detroit, various other places throughout the country, out the world, even Vancouver, around out lot of stuff like that. But in Hollywood businesses, you just see the level of activity dissipating. Does Hollywood have a lot to worry about because of the government, the local government and things that are going on in the state of California.
Speaker 3: Does Hollywood have a lot to worry about?
Speaker 2: Hell? Yeah. I feel like you are in an industry that is controlling the world right now in terms of entertainment. Sports controls is the number one, you know driver right now of entertainment. Are all the entertainment facets, from the streamers to the linear parts to the cable have quadrupled ten time fold their contracts, double down, triple down. They understand the sports is a driving force. I think the idea of like actual narrative. You know, content is taking a die. There's been several articles that talked about I think comedies are down thirty seven percent. I feel like, I, you know, try to like examine why. I think, you know, I went to a game the other day and the Clippers are down a Clipper and the Clippers are down twenty six in the first by the end end, but we won the game. And I think that's one thing that people understood about sports and the while those contracts in the NBA and NFL, and we we're able to sort of get the money they want because every night when you watch a sports game, it's like watching potentially a hit movie. And there's nothing else in the world that can give you that promise of that. You know, I'm saying, you can't promise that with the with the television show, a promise that on the movie. So I understand why sports is so important, But I also feel like, you know, we're seeing a contracting of all the media studios. You know, it used to be twenty and now we're saying its game became attracted to this many this and it's gonna be smaller and smaller. And I feel like more and more jobs are being lost. You see, when tragedies like this happen, those are people are gonna move out of Los Angeles where they going to go. I feel like, you know, I was looking doing a documentary on the Great Jerry West. I got to interview Adam Silver. In basketball, which I'm a huge fan of, it's down in watching. I think it's down forty eight percent something like that, you know what I'm saying. And I think the only reason you can look at that is kids don't watch aren't watching TV live, right, what I'm saying, sort if you're really a basketball fan growing up, I watch my team every know you had to watch them three four times a week. You know what I'm saying. Football has a great advantage even though there's a couple of days, but in general you get one day week. They own a day of the week, you know what I'm saying. And it's benefiting from that. Also the thing that I this is my own person before, like you know, NBA dominates social media. You can go look at the clips, which in some aspects probably felt like a really great thing. But when you're not watching watching your team every week every night, and you can just look on clips and see LaMelo's highlights, or see Bronze highlights, or see jobs highlights. That helps hurts the you know things. And I also feel like, you know, the globalization of sports, you know what I'm saying. I think there's a lot of different things that are affecting what media is. But I do think that it is we're seeing sparks if it come back. I was super happy to see East's movie open up. Well, I'm excited about the Oscars. Maybe bring some excitement to it. I think if you look at the you know, we've had to survive a pandemic, a strike, and now these fires, you know what I'm saying, And now you know, just in an election, I'm saying, I think there's been some things that have really stun it and what entertainment is and having it grow. But I feel like there, hopefully there is some hope of some things coming back, you know what I'm saying. I think that we're seeing some of the right people, like you know, you Chuck Shaq. I've seen people who actually know the game getting into it in a different way. They're going to create you guys are going to create better stuff. So I have faith, But I do I am worried.
Speaker 1: Let me transition to you in this regard multi generational Coca Cola commercial.
Speaker 3: I watched it. That's so Laura London, and then.
Speaker 1: I mean I was like, I said, damn, that seems I'm I mean, that seemed like a Super Bowl commercial. I mean, this is some special stuff right here right now. That's what I'm talking about with Keny Burch. Talk to me about that. Tell me about how that came about.
Speaker 2: I got a chance. They came to me. They've only did it once before, they did with the creator of the Bear. They wanted to do something that scratched over some generations. I worked with them. I pitched that idea of like, you know, growing up in the hood, everybody had that liquor store that they went to and it served a lot of different purposes. It was, you know, the thing that kind of almost becomes like a community icon. And I felt like I wanted to tell a story that like what happens over the generations. And I think, you know, interesting enough, Coca Cola is often a sponsor of that. You know what I'm saying. You go in there and you do your suicide at the machine, or you play video games, or you had your first kiss, or you got your in your first fight, got your bikes, got your bike still there. So I feel like telling that story was really special to me, and they really you know, we had, you know, to get that cast together, you know, get my sister Lauren in London, and get the great Omaro Hardwig, you know, pay Hacker. I got my kid's mom and my kids were in it with me and saying Lionel voices, I think I think could be the face of the next generation of black superstars, and saying to do it under the banner of coke and under the banner of a store in the hood, like that was. I was a dream come true. Man.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you ever realized.
Speaker 1: I mean, how phenomenal it is that you pulled off what you pulled off with Blackish. And this is what let me tell you this little story because Anthony Anderson is a friend of mine and he came to me and he talked to me about black as he came on first take to promote Blackish before before the first episode, and I'll never forget he and I were talking in the green room prior to it and I said, bro, great cast, Ken use that, dude. I'm not worried about the content. Here's my problem. Look at the world we live in.
Speaker 3: It the title blackish? Are you sure? Are you sure that that's not gonna hold it?
Speaker 1: ABC Network Television Blackish? He said, we ain't worried one damn bit. We're gonna do this. That's what he said to me. That's what And sure enough, y'all did it? Did you have any reservations or was that on purpose purposeful?
Speaker 3: The title Blackish?
Speaker 1: Did you think in any way that that was going to galvani or not shun to say galvinis but polarized or alienate an audience.
Speaker 3: Were you ever worried about that at all?
Speaker 2: I wasn't this the network was you know what I'm saying. The network had us go on a tour you know what I'm saying to talk about what because people thought it meant like curse. People thought it might like is this saying like black shit or just you know what I'm saying, or like or less than black and whatnot. And they really didn't come down from I really came to like, I have six kids, they have their little friends come over. Well, I looked around the country and there really wasn't a black or white kid that I remember left in the you know what I'm saying, Like even when you go to the hood. You know what I'm saying, Black kids is dressing and like skaters. I feel like we're all a little bit of blackish, black, white black. What I'm saying, there's a black culture has penetrated the culture in such a way that I really felt like that was what like we are this country is blackish. I'm saying, is a little bit of us is in everything we've done. And I want I'm a big fan of titles. I think titles matter a lot, you know what I'm saying, Like when I slid four year old Virgin, you got what it was immediately. You know what I'm saying. When I you know, I'm saying the things that I really love, Like I feel like, you know, you want a title that sticks out, that makes noise, it's loud, and I feel like, you know, same thing I did black af I feel like you want something that says what it is, you know what it is in the title, and makes people actually want to tune in it. What's that story?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: That's that The average Hi restern fan listens an hour a day. The average high restern hater listens two hours. You know what I'm saying, When you when you get people sort of mad, it's all something they want. They actually want to tune in more and sometime we'll actually find something that they will know the best way. I think, you know my grandmother thing. You want to exit a conversation differently than you enter it. That's a good conversation. You want people to try to exit this this episode different than the interest. So they want them to go into the show feeling a certain way and leave out feeling about a different way. And then I feel like that's what true success is.
Speaker 3: Do you care about being hated or disliked doing what you do full.
Speaker 2: Of I don't, I'm saying, but I but I do for my kids, if that makes sense. You know what I'm saying. I met, I make jokes about the whole I'm a coloriss. You know what I'm saying, thing like I saw a joke somebody puts, you know, says like I'm a colorist and I just did a show based around my family. My wife is biracial, and the kids that we make look like the kids that me and biracial. When we'll make and people were like, you're a coloriss, I'm like, well, this are just doing a show based on my feeling. But I understand, you know, the commentary around and I wanted to talk about that. But I do feel like when the only time it affects me is when it affects me kids. When people come and like you know, leave comments like you're not really black and things like that, that does affect me because I feel like they don't they didn't ask to be brought into this, although they've you know, reaped a lot of the benefits of it too much time. But I do feel like, you know, I think that that is and I think you know better than anybody. You know what I'm saying, Like you're gonna do you, you know what I'm saying. And if you do, If you do you and people don't have some shit to say, then you're probably not doing it right. Look at Lebron, look at Exactly, look at George, look anybody who's you know, we're doing everything. If people just like everything you're doing, you're problem. You're not doing it right.
Speaker 1: With that being said, you brought up your kids on a couple of occasions for minders.
Speaker 3: And first of all, you got six kids, right, I'm right about that, right, you got six kids?
Speaker 2: Right? Uh?
Speaker 3: Wife? How many? And how many of your kids work for you? And how do you.
Speaker 1: Do you even try to shield them from the kind of things you just talked about, wanting to avoid them being subjected to.
Speaker 2: Well, my daughter and I just sold a movie yesterday. She wrote. We wrote the Richard Pryor series, which were with which I'm umbly she was in the room and she did an amazing job. She became one of the youngest, my middle daughter, she became one of the younger.
Speaker 3: First of all, what's her name? Now? How old is she?
Speaker 2: Her name is Leah Barris. Okay, she's twenty three. Amazing young young writer. She is, you know, just such a better writer than me. Smart, funny I'm saying, really her own person. My daughter, Kaylee is runs our social media. She is She went to usc and very interesting, like it's full of riz and full of always kind of telling me, you know how I'm what I'm not doing right? And I'm corney. My daughter comes to corny and lame constantly.
Speaker 3: My youngest.
Speaker 1: So I got a sixteen and fifteen year old. My youngest daughter just called me corny. She just called me corny two days ago.
Speaker 2: It definitely did. It does hurt your feeling because they can get you. They don't care. My youngest daughter, not a little bit. My youngest daughter, Lolagosta, she's been. She's interned at our company. She's at Spelman right now. Four point zero student. You know what I'm saying, went to Sierra Canyon with Juju and and Bronni and Rice and was all part of that, and went out to Atlanta and is having her culture shock. Aliver bit that my oldest son Bo, we call him Pops. He's interned there. He's doing, you know, has something. So those four have worked there. Hopefully my next two will will in some aspects come and work work with me. But I feel like that's the greatest thing that I've been able to do, is to be able to do something. I get to work with my kids, and I've stolen so much from them in the stories and the ideas, and you know, they're my my test group. No matter what I do, they have to like they're forced to read, listen and hear it pitches and do all that. I kind of think like that's something that we used to do a lot more as black people would get to like work with our family. And I think, to me, that's the greatest gift any of this has been given me is the idea of not only being able to provide, but to be able to work with them and see them grow and see them be a part of what, you know, our hope is a better future.
Speaker 1: Why do you think we're not doing more of that as a people? I don't know what we used to do. What you just alluded to, the opportunity work.
Speaker 2: I think the opportunities are not there, you know what I'm saying, or not as present, you know what I'm saying. With the American dream has not been as kind to us as we would like it to be. You know what I'm saying, We've had to sort of grab it in a different kind of way, and when it has we've kind of more so done it to you know, provide and and and just you know, get by. I think the idea of the you know, for most of us have had any kind of real, you know, some type of success that people would say is is more than nominal. We're first generation. I got to work with Tracy Ross and Rashida Jones, who like, are some of the only second generation successful people I know. But in general, for most of us, this is first generation. We don't have a blueprint. Who's been our blueprint of how we sort. We don't know how to pay taxes and pay paxes the right way and tax loops and when a stock is gonna split and we're how to do this, Like we're kind of figuring it out for the first time. So I feel like having my kids around so that when their their time comes up, they have an ability to do something that I didn't do. Like that, to me, is everything great.
Speaker 3: Great advice.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna lie to you because I think about the same thing you got me thinking about it. I'm thinking about going home having a conversation with my daughters by like, they gotta get.
Speaker 3: To work for me. They got to get to work for me.
Speaker 1: They've been holding off long enough. They don't want to answer to their dad. That's what they They're like, we gotta deal with you enough. We don't want to deal with you on a job too. But I'm anyway, I'm gonna make them anyway before I let you get on out of here. You brought up to Richard prior project. Right, I know you mentioned that, but did you whence you involve a remake of the Wizard of Oz? When'd you involved with something along those lines as well as It's a Wonderful Life and what's going on with those two projects.
Speaker 2: I mean we're they were ready to go, strike happen. What I'm saying, we and now everything has to. People understand that whenever things like you you know you've seen it happen in sports, or you've happen contract negotia, it takes everything a step back. What I'm saying, scripts are written, you know, we're ready to go. We have to you know it. Right now, it's about getting things casts and people don't understand how magical actors are. You know what I'm saying. You can't do anything when actors. So it's about getting a cast. And budgets are shrinking because the studios are all contracting, and like they have to look at you know, what is their spend for this year, what's their spind for that year. It's it's a lot that goes into making movie. I don't think people understand, like you have to not only get the script to a point when people want to make it. Then you got to get a budgeted. Then you got to get the stars. Then the stars have to be available. Then you have to get a director who's available during the time. Then you have to make sure that the company in that quarter has you know, one hundred hundred and fifty million dollars two hundred million dollars to spend. Then they have to make sure that they have you know, seventy five to one hundred million dollars in PA. Then you have to make sure that you're you're ready in a place to go shoot. The things that come together to make a movie happen are it's it's amazing that they happen the way that they do, because it is a lot of things that have to fall into place.
Speaker 1: I got you before I get you, Let you get on out of here. I'm man, you think you know I'm not gonna let you get on out of here.
Speaker 3: But I'll talking about yourlippers, right, You're not gonna have to ask you what we've gotten talking about.
Speaker 1: I mean, I didn't expect them to be I didn't expect them to be as good as they were.
Speaker 3: They still got some work to do. It's nice to see Kawhi lend it on a court.
Speaker 1: I don't know how long that's gonna last, but we got a hold on it that moment we got what about that? James Todd lou is a hell of a coach. He came on this show. He came on this show. It raved raved about. Uh, you know, Jeff Van Gundy and what he's brought to the team defense as an assistant coach. How are you feeling about your Clippers right now?
Speaker 2: I'm feeling I'm feeling excellent. I'm feeling excellent. I feel like every night before we got Kawhi, I feel like every night we were competitive. Even if we lost, every night we were competitive. And I feel like tyleru the ability to get dudes who before they came to him, who didn't think that they could play on that level. The ability of not just the coaching that, but what it takes for a coach to get into the mentality of a player to make them believe that they can compete on the highest level and play as a team. That is an amazing thing to do.
Speaker 1: How the hell is somebody living in Los Angeles and they find themselves being a Clippers fan and not a Lakers fan.
Speaker 3: How does that happen?
Speaker 2: Why I'm a Laker fan. I'm not a Clipper. Fans can be Laker fans. Laker fans have to be Clipper haters. I'm a Laker. I'm I'm a point I'm a Laker fan. Love Lebron, you know, love jj JJ. Redick is trying to do love a d rich Paul is my boy. I kep saying I'm a Laker fan, but my Clippers. When I started being able to buy tickets from my family could afford them, they were affordable. The the environment felt like a real environment, like people who were there wanted to be there. It wasn't so good seeing glossy. They were scrappy. I got to go through Lob City, I got the I got to see the end of Pool Richardson. I get to now see. I got to see PG, whose game was like jazz to me. I got to see you know Harden, who I think might be. You know when it all goes sitting down, you know, is he in the top five? You know what I'm saying. When it's all said and done, I got.
Speaker 3: To know, No, I love them.
Speaker 2: If you want to start talking about stats, you're want to start talking about stats.
Speaker 3: Somebody stopped that. Come on, come on, stop, can you stop it? He's not he's top ten, top five, he's top He's not.
Speaker 1: Not to one of the greatest scores in NBA history of the greatest scorer is no doubt.
Speaker 2: In history, in history, right. And if you have when you add up all his stats, his stats have to put him in the top ten. His stats have to put him in.
Speaker 3: The top ten. You know what, I'm gonna dedicate a segment on this show.
Speaker 2: It's gonna blow your mind on this show. Blow your mind. It's gonna blow your.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say, I'm gonna replay it for the NBA audience, and I'm gonna say, ken you, Barrett said James Harden top five.
Speaker 2: I say top ten.
Speaker 3: Sucking it, I say.
Speaker 1: Top ten, top ten, top Ten's.
Speaker 2: Logistically he might be in the top five. And if you just go shooting guards, I am absolutely sure he's in the top five.
Speaker 3: You know you on camera right, I will say that right now, you know right?
Speaker 2: And James, James is not my boy. I love his game. I am saying that basic and he's his When you look at hististics, they are phenomenal phenomenal. Okay, you know they are.
Speaker 1: I'm not knocking it. I'm saying I'm saying you peaqued my curiosity. I gotta go back and look at it hard about this, and I gotta say, wait a minute, now, look at you. Can you vantaged point and let's see if it's right. Look, man, I'm gonna let you get on out of here. I appreciate it the usually the unusual suspects. When is the podcast? When is the podcast?
Speaker 2: Drop?
Speaker 3: It drops tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, I'm gonna say yes because I don't have actual yes for the confidence.
Speaker 1: Yes, it drops tomorrow. I know this for sure. I was just double checking. But anyway, man, I appreciate you. I owe you big time.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry they get my day job. Maybe I don't run. I'm not my own boss with everything like you something just not with everything.
Speaker 3: So that's what I owe you, big time man. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you having me. I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: All one and only. Can you barriss right here with stephen A