Speaker 1: Hello, Hello.
Speaker 2: How you doing, man, I'm good.
Speaker 1: I've been showing. I'm making some chicken and vice right now, waiting to tell you this story I have.
Speaker 3: What is the story you have?
Speaker 1: Well? All right, So I have this friend. I've been friends with him since high school and I take family trips usually every year with my family to our home country, and he kind of invited himself on this trip a couple of months ago. Well, not him, his mom. His mom came up to me and was like, Hey, I'm going to surprise him with tickets on your family trip. And I was like, what, Like, okay, I guess. So that was where it started.
Speaker 3: Wait, step back real quick. So okay, his mom. So, first of all, where's your home country?
Speaker 1: Uh, Honduras, Duras.
Speaker 3: So your friend, his mom comes up and is like, I'm surprising hit myself on with tickets to go to Honduras with you. Yes, exactly, bizarre.
Speaker 1: Okay continue, yeah, yeah, all right, So we go on this trip. We go on the trip finally, and it's around New Year's and uh, my mom has a house there. So we have a little New Year's party on the thirty first with all the family over, like all my uncles, all my aunts, every single one of my cousins is there. You know, it's a family function, and uh, you know, my family likes to drink alcohol, and you know, they like to have a good time. People there were drunk and stuff. They weren't having a good time. But my friend, he likes to drink a lot, so he kind of got blackout wasted and drank these three entire bottles of like the cheapest hardest liquor that they sell over there, and uh, he ended up asking my cousins around for coke throughout the night and I had to find out for one of them. And that was kind of the first red flag of many on this trip that he invited himself on. But I kind of brushed it under the rug the next morning, and you know, I'm a good friend. But then we go on this another like we go on this island, on h on this in my country or whatever, and he starts talking to my one of my closest cousins. She's around my age as well, and he starts talking to her like privately on WhatsApp and I'm like, okay, like what what are they talking about? And then basically he's he tells my girlfriend eventually that he starts falling for my cousin and starts having a crush on her, and how he makes him feel so like himself, and how he's falling.
Speaker 2: Head over deals for her.
Speaker 1: And he was waiting till after the trip they even tell me any of this because he didn't want to ruin his chances of doing anything with her while on this trip, so he figured he'd just wait until after. I'm finding all of this out for my girlfriend. Mind you, he's not telling me anything because he's telling my girlfriend this stuff now.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, do we know? I mean, how does your cousin feel about your friends?
Speaker 1: Well, to be honest with you, she actually entertained it as well, so she kind of like, because she's really friendly and all this stuff, so she's you know, like being talking to him, being nice, and she started, I guess, being kind of flirting with him as well, you know. And I don't really honestly, like, honestly, I don't.
Speaker 2: Care what they do.
Speaker 1: They're adults. I'm not mad over the fact that they're talking or whatever. I'm more so mad about the fact that he didn't tell me about it.
Speaker 2: Like if he would have just told me, I would.
Speaker 1: Have been like, Okay, cool, dude, I just don't want to see it, or do you know, like I like he yeah, you know, like I don't really care about that. It's more so how we went about.
Speaker 4: It, you know.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, So there was the getting a little too drunk, He's hitting on your cousin. What else is going on?
Speaker 2: What else is going on? All right?
Speaker 1: So we have another family party at one of my aunt's house a couple of days later, celebrating one of my aunt's birthdays. And we're all there and during the night, I had this other cousin that it's kind of like more of a distant cousin, but but I met her on this trip. So she was at this party, and he met her on the New Year's party at my house and he saw her there. Mind, this is a different cousins, a completely different cousin.
Speaker 3: He's just he's just going after all your cousins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: He kind of treated his vacation like a like a like a trip to the club, like he was trying to find where the coke was, trying to get as drunk as he can and trying to hit on as many girls as he can but except the pool is like my family, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe his mom maybe that's why his mom invited him, because he just like she wanted him to find a girlfriend or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know, honestly, Honestly, he said he when I talked to him about it, eventually he told me that he told me that, oh, like, it's not my fault, like it just happened, like you know, like like you like, I didn't expect to just uh fall for your cousin and this and that. Oh, but I didn't tell you he actually made out with this other cousin.
Speaker 3: I was telling you about what happened. What happened at this this party of your aunt's party.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So she tells one of my cousins, she's like, oh, tell your my friend's name. She's like, tell him that I want to say bye to him, because I guess she was about to leave. So they call him into the room. He's about it. He thinks he's about to say bye to her, and then apparently on his like what he told me was that, uh, she grabbed him and then kissed him, and then he just couldn't say no, so he went along with it. And then made out with her essentially, and then he told this like thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: After it happened.
Speaker 1: He's like, I just made out with your cousin or whatever. He's like, He's like, I wasn't gonna say no like this and that, Like he was kind of flexing it a little bit when he came into the room.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's bragging about making out with your cousin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's drunk too, so it kind of makes it a little worse. He kind of like is way more energetic and enthusiastic when he's drunk.
Speaker 3: You know, Damn this man, this man invited himself on your family trip and then made out with your cousin.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: That's that's very funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I actually ended up talking to him about this after the trip, and during the trip, I was like, you know, I was kind of cut off guard, but I wasn't really thinking about it too much because I was just trying to enjoy my family trip. You know, I don't see my family too often, Like they all lived in Honduras and I live uh in the States, so I you know, whenever I see them, I want to be around them and stuff. But I was just focusing on that. But when I came back here, I kind of started thinking about the situation more. I was like, you know what, like those things he did was kind of fucked up, like I don't know, like, and then I called him about it, and oh, actually I didn't say anything about it because I kind of just wanted to simmer and think about it for a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but his he had like a relative pass away right when he got back, so he kind of called me and was like, hey, like can you come over, you know, and I was like yeah, sure. So I went over to his house to kind of like hang out with him. You know, he was home alone because his mom traveled somewhere and and so I went to his house and we're hanging out and stuff, and then he's like, hey, man, I gotta talk to you. I'm like, okay, like what's up.
Speaker 2: And he's like, I.
Speaker 1: Think I'm falling in love with your cousin. And mind you, this is when we get back from the trip, you know, like I thought that he had stopped talking to her or whatever, but he was like, I think I'm falling for your cousin, you know, And I was like what do you mean? And he's just telling me how he doesn't feel any type of other way about any other girl and how he feels so good around her, and I don't know. He was just telling me all that, and I was just telling him like no, like I mean, I don't care what you do. I'm just I'm gonna tell you that I think it is weird and you can do what you want with that.
Speaker 2: Information if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: You know, but I will let you know how I feel, but you can do whatever you want.
Speaker 3: And what did he do with that information?
Speaker 1: He just kind of begged me to change my mind. Like right after I told him that, he was like I told him, I was like, you know, like you can do whatever you want, but uh, I'm gonna just let you know that it's weird. You can do whatever you want. He was like, are you sure you're not gonna Are you sure you're not gonna be okay with it? Like a like are you are you positive you're never gonna change your mind? And then I was like no, Like I just I just told you twenty times.
Speaker 2: How I felt about it, Like.
Speaker 1: See, I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Man, there's a lot of there's a lot of moving parts to this story. Is it over? Are you done? Is there more stuff?
Speaker 1: I think I think that's the gist of it. But he basically just begged me and kind of just asked me like, hey, like you sure wouldn't be okay, And I'm like, no, I don't think so. And then he was like, I can't ask you.
Speaker 3: A legitimate answer you a question? Can ask you a question?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Well, I okay. I understand why you were upset with him inviting himself on your on the trip and making out with your cousin and just kind of like just generally being a presence that you were not that you did not invite on this trip. It's understandable. But can I ask you, now that it's all said and done and your cousin's into him, and he's into your cousin, why do you care that he's trying to pursue your cousin?
Speaker 1: Well, I guess I don't care that he's trying to pursue my cousin. I care about like all the background stuff that happened around it, because him in the process, like in the like him pursuing my cousin was a result of his over blackoutness that all my family events and his lack of like respect on hanging around my family. Yeah, and just his general demeanor around my family. Like I'm not I said before, like I don't care that he's talking to her or whatever. I talked to him about the way he acted around my family, right, and you're not.
Speaker 2: As a president in general, go ahead.
Speaker 1: And that's kind of what I'm concerned about, because it's like, I can't really let that slide if you think it's okay, like disrespect me and my family just so casually, you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is not This is not as simple as I don't want my friend did and my cousin. This is more to this. This is about the way he was acting on the trip. This is about him getting black out drunk and just you know, being being a being a fuckhead and doing all this stuff. And he know, and and when when you when you had this conversation with him, did you express that that it was about more than.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, of course.
Speaker 3: And do you think he got do you think he understood that or do you think he was still on the wave that you were just upset because she's your cousin.
Speaker 1: You know, that's a that's a good question, because when I talk to him, I don't really think he understood that, because when I told him, like, you know, I don't care that you're talking to her, I just care about the way you were acting up to that, like what he did to lead up to that, And he responded with, you know, I never would have done any of those things if I wasn't blackout drunk, or if I wasn't super wasted, like you know, I never would have done those things sober, right, And I just don't I don't really, like, you know, my family drinks and stuff, but I don't believe in being a whole different person and being a completely different like making different decisions just because you're drunk, but you're still at the end of the day, like you're still the same person regardless if not more of the truth comes out when you're drunk, the more of real youth comes out.
Speaker 3: I feel like, well, listen, man, I'll say this, I get it. I understand why now. I think you know, this is again a bigger issue than just your friend Day and your cousin. I think you at a certain point, maybe it sounds like you need to have another conversation with him because I don't think he got it. You know, and listen, my friend, if you have another conversation with him and he still doesn't get it, I mean, you don't have to be this guy's friend if you don't want to.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, this is this is this is tough. But I don't know. My kind of assessment after hearing all this is that he didn't understand because when you were telling me at first, I didn't understand. I thought it was just like as I I didn't. I didn't realize that there was more to it than that. So I think you could benefit from another conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course I talked to him twice about it, because after the first conversation he kind of texted me and was like, I didn't understand any of what you said. Can you like call me back and give me a better explanation? Like that explanation sucked, And he said he said like.
Speaker 3: He said that explanation sucked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was like, I just understood that you said a whole lot of fucking nothing, Like can you call me back?
Speaker 3: He literally said, I just understood that you said a whole lot of fucking nothing.
Speaker 1: In those Yeah, exact copy and paste the words he.
Speaker 3: Said, Okay, let's I.
Speaker 1: Called him back kind of frustrated because I was like, you know, like I asked you if you had any questions or I asked you to have an open conversation, and he kind of shrugged everything off and was like, I don't I don't know what to say. I don't know what to say. So then just like that, his response to me addressing it, like calmly, the way I'm talking now, Like his response to that kind of confirmed me not wanting to really be around that type of person. If I can't really have an open, transparent conversation with you and you're kind of just shrugging me off and telling me to fuck off, it's like, you know, it goes both ways, you know.
Speaker 3: M It's fair man, It's fair, dude. This guy is hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, he's definitely a character. My family really liked him. But a lot of people would just come up to me and be like he needs to stop drinking, you know, But I don't know. I'm assessing my distance away from him. You know, right now I'm not talking to him, but I can just take my space and do me for now. I'm not too concerned about it. But it's just I've known it for a while, so it's kind of been.
Speaker 2: On my mind.
Speaker 3: But that's a tough thing when you know and the guy for a while. But I mean, you don't have to fucking have that be much of a factor in this, Yeah, for sure. Well ya, and listen, man, thanks for telling us this whole story. And uh, you know, I'm glad that you're setting your boundaries appropriately with this guy. I feel bad for I feel bad for your cousin that's about to start dating this guy.
Speaker 2: I actually don't know whether they're still talking.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, listen, when that wedding happens, please let me know because I want to come. It sounds like it'll be very fun. It'll be a weird wedding and we can all get black out drunk together and laugh about it. Else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just want to say thank you for hearing me out. And I love your show and I really love what you're doing. And hopefully I get to see you in Chicago when you're here.
Speaker 3: I'll be there. I'm going to Chicago, the Lincoln Lodge. I love that place. I'll be there all right.
Speaker 1: Well, hopefully i'll see you there. Hey, all right, thank you La, good night.
Speaker 3: Jack, bless you. Hello, Hello, Elias.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 3: How are you? Man?
Speaker 2: Pretty good? Chilling Scott home?
Speaker 3: How can I get you today? What's going on? Uh?
Speaker 2: Well, I talked to the call streener and I gave them two options for choices. So the first one was regarding me messing around with the paranormal and demons and my fiance is getting unhappy with the fact that it is now starting to linger in the home and affect her. And then the other option was that I just finished cybersecurity school and I'm trying to get a job.
Speaker 3: Let's do the ghosts. Let's do the ghost all right, You're summoning demons into the home and your wife is not cool with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's one specific that I call the mimic that can like replicate voices, and it's done my voice to her a couple of times, and she gets really upset.
Speaker 3: You And then okay, you're okay, Okay, you're gonna we're gonna have to do this one thing that you said. We're gonna have to process one thing that you say at a time. I want you when you say something, I want you to stop for a second so I can process it. Because I can tell that every word that is going to come out of your mouth is going to spark a thousand questions within me. So let's take this very slow. Okay, you have summoned the demon into your home, who you claim can mimic the sound of your voice, anyone's voice. Okay, are you fucking with your wife? Because that would be such a fuck with thing if some of the demon that could use my own voice. And then you tell, then you run, you scurry off into another room, and then you go have the natalia and it's actually you.
Speaker 2: There's only one issue with that, is it does other voices and other people have had issues. So my friend had it mimic like his mom one time. I've had it. Do my grandma. I believe she's had it also, do her mother. It's done her to me before when she wasn't here. Yeah, it's not great sometimes.
Speaker 3: Okay, what other demons do you sell?
Speaker 2: And I actually I actually thought it was gone for a while too, but it came up in a dream the other night and I woke up in like a cold sweat, and it was not gone.
Speaker 3: What are the demons do you summon into the house?
Speaker 2: Well, that's the only one I think I've actually summoned a lot of other ones. I'll like go to a antigue store, walk around until I feel like I'm being watched, and then I'll usually try to hone in on my whatever object has given me the jitters. I'll buy that I've ordered things online. That's actually how I first got even interested in cybersecurities, because I was going on the dark Web by compted ship and looking for grim wores. H But I my like previous.
Speaker 3: Most of all. Right, see, I we're gonna I have to return back to my initially established thing of you saying one thing because I knew this was gonna happen. I knew you were going. I knew you were going to say something like, yeah, I was buying haunted things on the dark Web, and then keep talking. Is if you didn't just say that, and that we had to talk about what you mean by that. So yeah, keep, let's keep let's what were you buying that was haunted on the dark Web?
Speaker 2: Well, I think the first thing I did was a Wigi board, and that one.
Speaker 3: It was you you can get a wigi board at Target.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but these ones, a lot of people will almost document their experiences with it, so I can kind of get like this is when I was first really messing with it, and so I didn't want to like, don't jump in all for my toes or anything. I've only ever had like spirits come to me, like when my first memory as a child is of an old spirit man watching me while I sleep, and that's continued all the way up until present day, and then after that. My grandma has recently told me that when I was young, she would often find me playing games with nobody there and eventually got narrowed down to I was playing with the spirit of a young Indian girl because I was playing Native because I'm in Arizona. I'm actually going to Stephen Phoenix next week for my birthday. But we say I was playing like games I shouldn't know how to play. And eventually my cousin got upset about it because she shared a room next to mine and she would end up having issues. And then after that, it's just been various things here and there. But then I eventually got to looking more into how I can trigger it because I kind of enjoy the feeling of it. And so I was like, well, if they're not gonna talk about me, I'll bring I'll bring them here. That's when I started with the Ouiji board, and then I started looking into debick boxes, and then that's how I started getting into demonology. Then I uh did a lot of research on like the Salamic seals and the demons of Solomon Andrew Crowley, ah, all that, all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: What is your life like outside of hunting demons?
Speaker 2: Typical time? Uh mmmmm, go to work, hang out.
Speaker 3: You know what. I've been suppressing this, but I want I want to hear from you your thoughts on this. Look when you tell me that you're buying haunted wigi boards on the dark web and you're summoning spirits that mimic the voices of random people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the voice one was not as much of a as on purpose one. It killed all my plants the next morning as well, Like when I woke up, all my plants had died. So I was actually pretty pissed off about that. And then I've had some other ones where I wake up with like scratches and stuff, and those aren't cool.
Speaker 3: Are you sure these are Are you sure these are demons that are visiting you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I live alone, me and my fiance moving in together till till next month. So I've lived alone through some of this, and then I've lived with family before it, and they were the ones, like my mom and stuffho would get pissed off at me because it's just weird. Shit would happen, Okay, So I kind of took moving on my own as an opportunity to not get complaints.
Speaker 3: You get complaints about the demons that you're summoning from the people that you live with. So you're like okay, Yeah're like okay finally, So you're like, okay, finally, I don't have any roommates, I don't have any family. I'm gonna summon all the demons I want in my studio apartments and nobody will bother you exactly? Can I introduce an idea. I'm not a real therapist, you know that about me, But I do like to think about things. I do like to wonder things. And as you tell me, this I'm wondering, is sitting alone in an apartment summoning demons healthy? Well?
Speaker 2: Like sometimes people, no, people come over and do it with me. It's just because no one wants to do it in their house. I say. My friend, I call it with a Wigi board. His mom made him burn it because she started having dreams that there was a Wigi board in the house. So now we just kind of use my house as like the because I mean, I'm not renewing the lease here. It's kind of like a toss a.
Speaker 3: You're not renewing the lease.
Speaker 2: No, the lease expires next month, and then you know, I'm out of here. I'm getting a house, so just leave it.
Speaker 3: So you're summoning it. I mean, look, so you're just summoning all these demons for the next person to move in and hang out with. But my problem, it's fucking reckless. Man. I don't know. I don't know how to feel. I get calls like these a lot about paranormal things, and you know, look, I don't believe. Is it insensitive for me to say to you? Is it insensitive for me to say to you that I don't believe that you can summon the No.
Speaker 2: To this point, I'm still fifty fifty. Like I always try to come at it against like well, like when I started waking up with scratches all my Okay, maybe my dog jumped on me in my sleep, so like I didn't sleep with the dog for like two months. Like anything that I can do to disprove it, like I will.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, so let's sit with this for a second, because I don't think you can summon demons, and half of you thinks you can't either.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, good, half of me thinks I can't.
Speaker 3: Okay, good half. That's like that's like fifty one percent.
Speaker 2: Now i'd say it's like sixty forty. Like this is also like it's something to do, you know, But then there's times where it's like I can't explain what's happening, and then it's but I'll just dismiss it because there's always you know, I'm sure there's always some way you could break it down. But I mean, one of these days, you know, maybe I'll just get something so solid that i'll like die on.
Speaker 3: This hill again we were. I've like, you're doing this because you're bored, right, that's part of it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh definitely partially.
Speaker 3: All right, So the work with me on this work. Is there a better thing you could be doing than summoning demons?
Speaker 2: I mean, I went to school and finished school.
Speaker 3: Okay, you ever like play for you.
Speaker 2: Doing other So this isn't like a twenty four to seventeen Yeah, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Maybe I have an incorrect idea of what your life is because I am imagining you alone in a studio a park, summoning demons, and I'm like, are you okay? Are you hanging in there?
Speaker 2: No? No, I'm actually I'm doing pretty good.
Speaker 3: I know. That's the craziest part of it is you sound like you're doing great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, No, it's pretty We're chilling.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, at least do you have any therapy advice for me? I'm jealous of you. I want your life.
Speaker 2: I actually so do you. I actually always have wanted to ask you. And it's funny you guys started talking about like how you've gotten more empathetic and stuff, because I actually wanted to ask you if you've ever start feeling like you're desensitized because I've been watching you since before the podcast, and so I've really kind of like seen the progression and I almost feel like, to me, you seem more desensitized now than you did before. But there's like certain things that I'll get you excited usually when you have a guest on. That's why I love the guest episodes because it's almost like a flashback to to the original Therapy Get Go back when dudes were talking about Donald Trump, Donald Trump, time traveling and yeah all that.
Speaker 3: So to answer your question, I am about as desensitized to callers as you are to demons. And I'm also about as sure that the callers are real as you are two demons.
Speaker 2: Well, that depends how real do you think I am? One to ten?
Speaker 3: Uh? Fuck, man, I think I would give you a you know, I'm going to give you a six out of ten for how real I think you are.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, we're about do you know maybe because I'm more on like the four for the demons, like I'm on the other end of the sixty four.
Speaker 3: What do you think? It's me? What you mentioned? You you have done this psycho analysis of me that I'm very curious because you see, you're a very interesting person and I want to hear your analysis of me. So if you have what do you what do you think gets me excited?
Speaker 2: It's almost even if it's not like a great thing. Sometimes you'll I can just tell you to sensitize because it's something different, like weirdly, I think one of the most like hyped up I've heard you get recently. Do you remember when that dude called in and he talked about sucking his friend's girlfriend's ass on prom night? Oh yeah yeah, Between that and there being a guy, I think that's the most like energetic and like really into the episode that you've that I've noticed, at least in a lot. Obviously I don't catch every stream, but just like from what I can notice.
Speaker 3: That was shocking.
Speaker 5: That was shocking that guy, Yeah, that was definitely and it was almost like he didn't see what was wrong with that, Like you just fucked your girlfriend, like not sorry, your friend's girlfriends at Like like that's like would you rather get punched or would you rather get bitch slapped backhanded across the face?
Speaker 3: What else do you think of me as? What else do you make of me as a human being?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think he seemed like a good guy that met you in person. I hope to next month.
Speaker 3: You can always summon me.
Speaker 2: Are you Are you a demon?
Speaker 3: Have the mimic No, just summon the mimic demon him, have him paint his face screen and say things, Nah.
Speaker 2: I don't want to mess with that thing. It gave me a really bad nightmare the other night.
Speaker 3: What what was the nightmare?
Speaker 2: I I it was just really unenjoyable. So I was like in my apartment and people I haven't even seen in quite a while were here. And for some reason, in my dreams, my apartment always looks different than it actually does, but it always looks the same every dream, like the same difference. So there's always a hint of confusion almost to myself that I can tell it's not right, but I don't know why. So I'm always stressed when I have a dream about my apartment. And then I just remember going to check my phone and like I couldn't see the light coming off my phone. It was almost like when someone has one of those privacy protector screens. And then I like went to look up at my fiancee. I was like, hey, are you seeing this, And even though she was like an inch from me, her face was just like a shadowed outline and I couldn't see anything of her face and it was just her voice talking to me. And I didn't understand why in the dream, but it was really upsetting to me, and then it basically was just a continuation of weird morphed places of real places that I actually go to and shadow people that you couldn't see any features of them, and then they just had like people I knew his voices coming out.
Speaker 3: Of them alliest. I don't know if you're going to take this as a compliment or not, but talking to you makes me feel very high.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm well, no, I'm not that.
Speaker 3: What is not that high for you?
Speaker 2: Okay? Well, see, I recently found out that I do not perceive weed normally because I was listening to a Bert Kreisler's podcast today and he was talking about the el Blento blunts that are one gram and he was talking about like how him and his friend were smoking it over the course of a weekend and it was a lot of weed. And then I I thought back to about two months ago where me and my friend both bought one, smoked it in a sitting, said they were ship and then proceeded to just go through a pack of different house pre rules. And so I am not smoking right now. Actually, I'm tee currying off. I've only smoked a little bit just about twenty thirty minutes ago, and then tomorrow I completely ceased for at least maybe ten days or so. Take a little break.
Speaker 3: At least. I'm gonna let you go. But it was nice talking to you. You're a fascinating person.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Is there anything else you want to say to the people the computer before we go? O?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, nope, not that I can do.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, good luck. Ali's trying not to summon too many demons. We'll do okay, take care of her.
Speaker 2: I will see you in Phoenix.
Speaker 3: See you in Phoenix. I don't know, I don't know. I don't know what that was just now, but that was fascinating. Yeah, I feel I feel good. I feel good. Let's keep going. Hello. Hello, who is this?
Speaker 6: This is Michelle?
Speaker 3: Michelle, what's going on with you?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 6: Recently on a whim, I went on meetup and I started a group and the idea of the group is to go to different hiking trails and I will be playing music and I'll just dance and the people who are there can try to copy me or just make up.
Speaker 1: Their own move.
Speaker 6: And I have not done any events yet. I am definitely nervous.
Speaker 3: But so you started the meetup group. So you started the meetup group, but you have not yet met up. No, what is preventing you from meeting up with the meetup group?
Speaker 6: I want to have some sound choreography before I.
Speaker 3: Go, some soundcravy. Okay. So the point of this group is to hike and dance as well. Yes, okay? Are you teaching a dance or you just kind of meeting up with people who like to dance as well.
Speaker 6: So I'd like to have some kind of routine that people can follow along with, but they they can also just do whatever they want.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, So all right, let's say I'm in this meetup group and you Michelle, are like, all right, Wednesday nine am, we're going to the thing. We're gonna go to Mount Pickle Bottom and we're gonna climb Mountain Pickle Bottom and we're gonna do a dance when we get to the top. Is that is that kind of the theory?
Speaker 6: Well, hopefully we'll be dancing on the way to the top.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, So this is this is a hiking group where you were dancing while you are hiking. Yes, that before a.
Speaker 6: Little bit I have, but I wouldn't go on any trails that are too challenging with things to trip over, stick to pave trails.
Speaker 3: I have never heard of a group that that dance is wall hike.
Speaker 7: It me neither, okay, But I was just walking my dog at the park one day I started dancing and I thought, Hey, this might be fun to do in a group.
Speaker 3: How many people have joined this meetup group?
Speaker 6: Twenty two?
Speaker 3: You have twenty two people who heard your pitch to hike a trail while dancing and said I am in let's do it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And they There were even three people who didn't have profile pictures, and I asked them to put one because I just want to know whateveryone looks like. And they wanted enough to put up a profile picture.
Speaker 3: How many people say you messages? Have they been like? When are we doing this thing?
Speaker 6: No one has asked when we're starting. I made the group a few days ago.
Speaker 3: And the only thing preventing you from starting is that you don't have an actual routine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, and just anxiety in general.
Speaker 3: Okay, do you have a do you have a trail in mind that you want to do this at?
Speaker 6: Yes? I do?
Speaker 3: Okay, So all that's really missing for you is some kind of routine, yes, okay. When you were when you first discovered the dance hike, did you have some form of routine or were you simply vibing and hiking?
Speaker 6: No, I was just vibing, okay.
Speaker 3: And did you have a good time doing that?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: I did?
Speaker 3: Okay. Do you have some sort of portable speaker thing that you can bring with you on this hype?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: I once I had this idea. I went on Amazon and I bought this really good speaker. It's waterproof, it can take a drop. It clips onto your belt.
Speaker 3: And do you have a playlist of music that you think would be good for dancing?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's what we're gonna do. Okay. What's the name of the meetup group? Can I ask you this?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's my city.
Speaker 3: Walk and Dance, Walk and Dance. Okay, I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna throw something out at you. I'm gonna throw some outcha. I don't think you need a routine because you're really you're throwing a walk and dance. You're you're throwing a more. You're more throwing a party than you are teaching any kind of a class, you know. So I think that for you to merely invite folks to go on this walk with you and to bring music and to start the dancing is enough to accomplish your goal, which sounds like it is to meet people and have fun. Yeah, so we establish you don't have a routine. You don't you know, We've established you do not need a routine, and therefore it's okay that you don't have one, and so now we have to combat that you are just really anxious about doing it? Yes, okay, what are you anxious about? In terms of doing it?
Speaker 6: I just just having so many people watching me dance. I've danced like in public before, but it was mostly like salsa, so everyone else is also dancing and they're focusing on their own thing. But here I'm going to be at the in front of everyone.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm hm. Well that everybody's going to be dancing themselves, that's true. Yes, Michelle, you generally do you have you always been concerned with what other people think of you?
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, to the point of severe detriments to myself.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, I think that I think that getting over that is a long perhaps sometimes even lifelong, arduous process that I cannot solve for you over the course of this phone call. But I will tell you this. I will tell you that some central things. One, getting over that fear is necessary. It is essential to being able to live a full life if that's what you desire. In my opinion, some people could argue with me that you can live a full life without getting over a fear of what other people think of you. But I think if you want to really unlock all that life has to offer, you need to get over that fear, or at least deal with it. You don't have to rid your you don't have to rid your of it, because you might never be able to accomplish that, but you can face it and you can deal with it, and you have to in order to be able to do all the wonderful things that life has to offer, such as have little dance parties in the woods. And then two, everyone who is going to this thing is also kind of a weirdo that likes to dance in the woods. So you are going to be in a good company. And it's going to be a group of twenty two people who are all nervous about who are all so nervous about being seen dancing that they are only willing to do it in the woods, so you'd be in good company.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you have a good point there.
Speaker 3: I and that that that's what I will tell you, Michelle. I mean, I think it's impressive that you've gone as far as to actually make the group, because a lot of the times I feel like I would get a call that says something like, I'm thinking about doing this thing, but you know, you don't even think about it. You actually did it. But now you have to actually do the did and set the date, and I hope you do that.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I will.
Speaker 6: I'm just gonna that was I think forcing myself to come up with a routine before it is just it was just a way for me to postpone it.
Speaker 3: Yes, uh huh uh huh for sure, Yep, that's I think it's I think it's yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And when I came up with this idea, I had no routine, no idea what I was doing, and I had a lot of fun anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think you need a routine. I think you were right to say that the routine was just procrastinating you actually going and doing it. I've had situations like that myself, where I felt as though there was a missing piece, and the actual missing piece was just overcoming the fear of doing the thing. So posted in the discord. By the way, Yeah, you don't have to, but if you want to post in the discord, I bet there's somebody watching the stream who lives in that area and would like to join you. So feel free to post in the discord if you want. Michelle, is there anything else you want to say to the people the computer before we go?
Speaker 6: Yes, I have a funny story about my dog. I have a foam roller and sometimes she gets a little heated and starts humping it.
Speaker 3: I do that with my phone roller as well. They are very good sexual objects. Thank you very much for calling Michelle.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Lyle, talk to you later.
Speaker 3: Now. You see, it's difficult because there were two There were really two sides of my brain there when I was talking to Michelle, And one side of my brain is the one that really wants to encourage people to, you know, do their crazy ideas and live their life and have fun and overcome their fears. And the other part is the part that would be a little pissed off. I was walking in the woods and somebody was blasting music. But I'd get over it. I'd get over it. I hope she does the dance party. I hope she does. Hello.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hi, no wayway, not much.
Speaker 3: What's up with you?
Speaker 4: I was just like watching your stream, Man, this is crazy. You actually do sound different on the phone.
Speaker 3: Am I talking to to Steve?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Steve. It says here that you're thinking about quitting your job at Starbucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: How you've been working there for.
Speaker 4: Like not very long, like probably like I guess a month now, okay, And it's like it's it's a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Why is it a lot?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 4: Honestly, it's like I can do like they put me on you know, food or they'll put me on something and I can just do a task and that's fine. But when when they have me work with people, like you know, uh, when I have to like talk to people and take their orders and stuff put it in the system, that's like, it's it's just a lot. You know, customers are good?
Speaker 3: Is it a lot of just unruly people?
Speaker 4: Like it's actually not too bad, you know, I haven't had too many bad encounters that I'm still obviously like in training and stuff, there's like a million drinks, so you have to learn how to make them all and that's like the last part of your training. Surprisingly, they do like food and then like h register and all that. But no, yeah, I've just been just been doing that pretty much. And it's it's people are like they're They're usually pretty good, but sometimes you get one that will just like kind of be in a hurry or kind of not care, like you'll be like, hi, how are you, We'll just like say their order right away and just I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, does that feel like dehumanizing, like you're like a human Tablet's.
Speaker 2: Like a little bit.
Speaker 4: And I mean, honestly, I get it because like you're in a hurry and obviously people are like it's the morning and stuff. But at the same time, like I always feel like I'm quitting things, like I like, uh, kind of dropped out of college the first time, but like you know, it was more of just like a I didn't really vibe with that college and stuff, and it was during COVID, but then like I'm in I'm in school again. Now I go to a county, but it's like.
Speaker 2: Uh, still just like not the vibe at all.
Speaker 3: So you feel like you have a problem with quitting things too early.
Speaker 4: Maybe I don't know. That's kind of why why I'm like having a dilemma.
Speaker 3: Well, it's interesting when I think about quitting, it's there's there's no there's as much pride in staying as there is in quitting. Right, Wow, Yeah, I think I don't know. I think there's something to be said about having h consistency and being able to stick through to the end of something, but there's also something to be said about being self aware enough to realize that the situation doesn't work for you and moving on from it. Yeah, what's all right? So you're twenty one? What's what else is going on in your life? Are you see? What are you in? What are you in school for?
Speaker 4: Uh, it's like I'm in the process of changing my major. It's like a whole thing, and I kind of don't know what I want to change too, because I was just doing business. But it was like I just really wasn't like like I know I could do the work, like I'm very capable of it, but it's I just really wasn't like into it at all or interested, Like it didn't mean being to me at all.
Speaker 3: M hm m hm.
Speaker 2: But then, so.
Speaker 3: Do you have anything that is interesting to you?
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, kind of. E'm into like botany and stuff and plants, but I'm not exactly sure what I would.
Speaker 3: Do with that. Yeah, are you paying money to go to school?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's county, so it's not you know, Christian's pretty.
Speaker 3: Low, right mhm.
Speaker 6: Mhmm.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So that's kind of just like I. I always feel like I'm trying to make the decisions for like my happiness and like to try and you know, keep myself heading in a direction that will eventually make me happy or what I what I want to go towards. But then I'm like, maybe I'm just like giving up on things too early and like not not seeing things through.
Speaker 1: But I don't know m hm hm.
Speaker 2: Hm.
Speaker 4: But at the end of the day, you know, you just wake up and you go to work sometimes, so m.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I don't know, I I uh, I don't know. I don't know how to I don't know how to be uh, how to tell you what to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's all right. I mean, you know, I didn't even think I was going to get in. I just like called that was crazy.
Speaker 3: What's your ultimate dream in life? Man? What do you what do you ultimately want to do? Uh?
Speaker 4: I really don't know. I I think like high school took the fun out of a lot of things for me. Well like I mean, I don't know, just like learning and I don't I feel like I don't love the whole like structured class environment stuff. But I feel like then again, maybe it's just like a lazy excuse.
Speaker 3: You know. Well, while you said you like botany, right, yeah, why don't you explore that more? What can you do?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: What can you do with a job? And but what can you do with in botany? Are their jobs available for you?
Speaker 4: I honestly I don't know. I've looked into you like a tiny bit.
Speaker 3: But not not like realistically, you know, why don't you look into that? You give it a shot if you think that that's what you like. I mean, I mean, if you haven't even looked into it, how do you even know that it's not an option?
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know. It's just like it feels like a lot of I would I would have to do like a whole like four year degree, which like I don't know if I want to do like I don't know, it's just a lot involved.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: Let's see somebody is saying that trade school is a good idea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a good idea.
Speaker 3: I guess you have ever thought about doing that?
Speaker 4: Uh like, yeah, possibly, I could definitely think about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exploy your options.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's not like end of the world.
Speaker 3: I'm just like kind of vibing along as joined the military. You could join the military, there's probably a much there'd probably be a much larger commitment than that'd probably be a much larger commitment than you know, school, but only fans you can try that. I'm sorry, I can't be of more help to you, Steve, and I.
Speaker 4: I no, no, man, honestly, just talking to you, like as the name my day. It's like, you know, I've worked tomorrow to be there early, and it's just like this is this is great, like kind of talk through.
Speaker 3: Okay, good? Good? Is there any other kind of aspect of this that you you wanted to talk talk about that you feel like you didn't get to.
Speaker 4: Uh no, I mean it's pretty much it's like, yeah, a lot going on, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, Steven, is there anything else that you want to say? To the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 4: Uh, I will say, to be kind to people, and you know, you don't know what's going on in leave life. Yeah, and you know, sometimes just a little thing can just like honestly be great for somebody.
Speaker 3: So yeah, man, I uh I agree. You know. Look, I hope I hope that you don't get kind of battered down by the people who you're interacting with it you're Barissa job and uh, you know, I hope that what you just told me, the you know, about wanting to be kind to people and whatnot. I hope that you, in in whatever situation that you're in, find ways to practice that. Yeah. Definitely, thank you for calling Stephen.
Speaker 4: Thank you good night.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, I don't I I you know, it's tough, man. I it's tough with like advicey things. And I appreciate that. Steven said that he just felt like talking about it because I I, I don't know. I wonder, I wonder, I guess how to best serve this thing, because I I'm more and more and more. Actually, the it's funny, the more I do this, though, the less qualified I feel too, you know, advise people and anything because it's so taugh. It's so tough. I was just I was just saying this at the beginning of the stream. It's so tough to navigate things. And it's it's something I'm struggling with, like immensely now with on you know, with myself, and I don't know, it's it's I guess nice to commiserate with other people who are struggling with the same thing. And I think that's a lot of people out there. I think the main thing I got from Stephen is like he's faced with this challenge that all of these people that all of these people uh come to his coffee shop and they don't take the time to uh, you know, kind of talk to him like he's a person. But he's understanding about that because you can't control how other people act towards you, and he and he recognizes that and understands it and is not bitter about it, which is great because I think it's something that's easy to be bitter about. And I think for him, you know, even when the job gets tough, I think, uh, the best thing he could probably do is is really learn to take those punches and and if he really truly believes in these these things that he's talking about of you know, how he wants to be in the world. Uh, he'll learn how to be them, even in the face of unruly people. I think that that's the opportunity that this you know, position is granting him. I think he should take advantage of that opportunity to the degree that it's beneficial and not let it, you know, destroy him. Goes on the line, taking your phone calls.
Speaker 7: Every nine, everything goes.
Speaker 3: He's teaching you, but he's not really an expert.