Speaker 1: The following He is a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by Jigsaw Dating, preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys, and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star.
Speaker 3: Well Happy Monday, everybody. Today is November seventh. We are here at the SWBC podcast studio at the Beautiful Star in Frisco. This is Girls Talk, Boys Talk presented by Jigsaw, the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. I'm your host, Jessinvars for today. I'm joined by two incredible, incredible ladies, of course, Christy Scales joining us and Iisha Morrison. I missed y'all this week. Can I just say it was so fun to be mixed up a little bit with the other podcast, But Girls Talk, Boys Talk is home. I really missed y'all, and I'm excited for a very fun week back to talk all things cowboys and Packers. It's going to be a crazy week, you guys.
Speaker 4: And lambeau Field is my favorite place by far to visit. Oh, I'm off and ass what's your favorite road trip? And lambeau is the mecca for professional football in my opinion, No place like home, like at and T Stadium, but just from the historical context some of the great games that we've had there, this is the I've had this circled on the calendar since we knew last year, of course that we were going to be playing at Green Bay. But it's definitely my favorite road trip. And I know that the Packers are down a little bit this year, but still it's Aaron Rodgers and it's going to be a lot of fun. And so this is the one that I've really been waiting for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think you know we've all been waiting for this, as you know, Cowboys Nation with the headlines of Mike McCarthy returning back to Lambeaufield as not the Green Bay head coach, right, So it's something it's a storyline that writes itself really when it comes to Mike McCarthy returning to lambeau Field. I know all of us. Christy was at the press conference aish and I watched it. Ladies. I wanted to get your thoughts because Mike McCarthy was very vulnerable during this press conference. And I say that lightly because vulnerable Mike McCarthy is something that I feel like we get all of the time when you really listen to him and you hone in on his message. I think he's a pretty vulnerable guy. However, he shed some tears today and I think that was just something incredible. I really appreciate Mike McCarthy for talking about everything he did with his history and his past in Green Bay. But Christy, what was the feeling in the press conference room today when Mike McCarthy was talking about returning to Green Bay with everything that he has over there.
Speaker 4: Well, he held up really well for most of the press conference, but of course, you know, the first what fourteen out of seventeen questions probably or are about his return to Green Bay, And it wasn't until it was more of a personal question regarding the family, because his wife, Jessica is from born there and you know, longtime resident there. That's where they met, that's where his two daughters were born and raised. Son spent a lot of time there, and so it wasn't until the specific question was about the family and what Green Bay and the packer community meant to the family that he started to get choked up a little bit and then just researching some of the things of for example, Mike McCarthy Way, which was renamed one of the Potts Avenue which runs along Nichegi Field. It runs from the Fox River all the way to Lambeau Field. It was renamed Mike McCarthy Way back in twenty fourteen. And so with the dedication ceremonies talking about how humbled he is, and he got a little choked up and emotional there. So, you know, you the thing about life in the NFL is there's so much sacrifice with it, not just yourself personally, but your family. And it's not just a career, it's a whole lifestyle, and it's three hundred and sixty five days a year. It's not just six months from training camp through February. And so it's such a total commitment that you have to put everything into it. And so you don't just walk away from a community where you've had so much success and where football is such a part of the community and it's just gone and not part of your life anymore. It's always going to be a part of his life. So so I know, I enjoy when Mike talks about the past and X plays expresses some of his vulnerable side.
Speaker 5: I think it makes it more relatable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I know, Aisha, we were talking before the show about how this press conference really shaped a mold for Mike McCarthy. It kind of confirmed what you already knew about him being a head coach. Can you go ahead and talk about that.
Speaker 6: A little bit too, Yeah, No, I think it was important for I think it was important for people to hear the other side of what coaching is like in this Can you hear me?
Speaker 3: I can hear you? Sorry that that camera angle was not flattering, so I just went ahead and tilted it down. Jas was in my ear talking about like I was just about to tell you.
Speaker 5: That not bad, But no, I think it's important.
Speaker 6: I think it was important for fans and everyone to kind of see we don't get to see head coaches kind of be vulnerable like that about what this game is done to them, but not only them, but their family.
Speaker 7: And I think he touched on when he started.
Speaker 6: Talking about his daughters, like, you know, obviously they have to move, they have to adjust, and what that's kind of done for his family with them being raised there. I mean, twelve years is a long time in the football world to be stationary somewhere and get comfortable. But I think for a Cowboy nation, if you want to get to know your head coach a little bit more and wonder why this locker room kind of seems a little bit different, a little bit more cultured, a little bit more together. I think a lot of it stems from this head coach and his example and what he is trying to establish here. And also too, he talked about a couple of Nick Eatman asked a fantastic question about we know it's not just you. We know it's not just you. There are ten different coaches or coordinators on this team that have come from Green Bay that you know. Mike McCarthy mentioned, even Joe wid Junior, he had a long tenure there at Green.
Speaker 7: Bay, so there are not just him.
Speaker 6: There are other emotions from key positions in this on this team that you know established themselves with other places. And even Joe wid Junior mentioned when he first got hired here that he mentioned his daughters, He mentioned his family, you know, the stability, and again, I just think it's important.
Speaker 5: This was a good.
Speaker 7: Conversation to be had.
Speaker 6: I thought that then questions that the different media folks. Acts were very intuitive, and it was nice to get another glimpse into the other side of being a head coach and being you know, involved in this football life that is very time demanding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and to be honest, I think watch this press conference. Even before starting this podcast, I know I would always just listen in on press conferences throughout the years. This probably tops as my favorite press conference that I've seen from a Cowboys head coach since I started watching them, and only because of that. It talks a lot about the sacrifices that you know, these coaches make you think about the players and all of that as well, but you kind of backlog the coaches and the sacrifices that, like you said, Christy, their families are making and all of that. And something that I really loved how he corrected was he said, yeah, you know, when I think about Green Bay and Dallas, I think about the non catch and he goes, wait, wait, wait, let me correct that it was the It was the catch that was ruled not a catch, right, So I like how he kind of teeters that line a little bit, all in good fun. Of course, we know it was a catch, so we can end on that note. But you know, I wanted to throw in some other things that he had mentioned, you know, switching gears a little bit, because he did talk about how he didn't expect Zeke to participate in practice today. Keep in mind it was a very light workload, definitely not a full practice there. So I say all of this, just keep it in mind. Lee Hooker would was expected to be limited at that point. Sam Williams expected to practice, and then James Washington, he said, quote talking about him this week. They are talking about him this week. So I think that is a good indicator that very soon. How soon, we don't know yet. But a couple other things to throw on theirs.
Speaker 6: Well, I think they have a practice. I think he said they're going to have a late practice today about four o'clock. So then, you know, I guess we'll get updates then.
Speaker 5: And so they had to move it indoors with the yeah because of the yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: It's sprinkling, y'all.
Speaker 3: Don't don't it's sprinkling. You know what. I will say this about Dallas weather. It is sprinkling, and you would look outside and think it's sweater weather. It is so humid it's outside.
Speaker 7: It is muggy.
Speaker 3: It is humid. But anyways, this Dallas weather or something else, but.
Speaker 7: Driving like is the wrmon outside? I think on twenty one it was I said it is sprinkling?
Speaker 3: What is going on out here? But yeah, do you know what? I just wanted to mention a lot about Mike McCarthy in that press conference today to kick off the show as we officially kick off Dallas Green Bay Week, a very exciting week in cowboys Nation. But we're gonna go ahead and take our first break because we do have a very special guest joining us in our next segment. I'm gonna give you a hint. She's a DCC, so you're not gonna want to miss that. We're talking all things cowboys, holidays, all things amazing amazing philanthropy work the DCC does, and you're not gonna want to miss it. To make sure to stay tuned, This is Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by jigsawd the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: At Jigsaw Dating, we obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, Dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: All right, Pepsi loving football fans, it's time we had a lesson in trash talk. And I'm not talking about that stuff that happens on the field. What I'm talking about is trash, and it's the only thing that belongs in your garbage can. No. Recycling might not be his thrilling as converting up fourth and long, But next time you're thinking about throwing that Pepsi zero sugar bottle away, just cap it back up and pretend you're down by six with a recycling bin wide open. Know the difference, make a difference, be a team player, and recycle. Visit Pepsi trash talk dot com to learn more.
Speaker 9: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snappered.
Speaker 3: A fresh dout who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left, He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 9: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust with blockchain dot com. I know I'm in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 9: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to Girls Talkboys Talk, presented by Jigsaal, the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: We're coming to you.
Speaker 3: Live from the SWBC podcast studios here at the Star in Frisco on this rainy Monday. We're gonna get into a very special topic with a very special guest in just one second. But first let's talk all about Billy Jewel and Stevie Nicks. Two icons, one night music legends. Billy Joel and Stevie Nicks will perform at AT and T Stadium on Saturday, April eighth, twenty twenty three, so mark your calendars. Tickets will go on sale Friday, November eleventh at seageek dot com, the official ticketing provider of AT and T Stadium. That sounds like a lot of fun actually being gay. Yeah, you know that sounds that sounds amazing, but not.
Speaker 8: Because of you.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 4: Hey, way before Billy Joel and Stevie Nicks Thanksgiving.
Speaker 5: Day, Army Red, there you go. Jonas Brothers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, our special guest Katieanna two, your veteran with the DCC. I want to know your reaction when you heard that this year at the Thanksgiving halftime that you get to perform with Jonas Brothers.
Speaker 10: Well, first of all, hey, everybody, I love having thanks for having me.
Speaker 7: I'm so excited.
Speaker 10: But when we found out that we were performing with the Jonahs Brothers, my nine year old little heart went crazy.
Speaker 7: I wanted to cry. I didn't, I kept it together.
Speaker 10: But immediately I went home and I posted a picture of me and my dad at my first Jonas Brother's concert. Way back, Oh, I go way back, Me and the Joe Bros.
Speaker 3: Katie best friends. I just want to throw that.
Speaker 7: Wait, but are you a Joe, Kevin or Nick? That's important?
Speaker 10: Ques.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's the thing. I started as a Joe girl, and then as I got older, I became a Nick girl. But that's because I met Nick and Nick was very nice. So I haven't met the other two yet to give you a good, good answer here, But are you a Joe, Nick or Kevin? Girl? That important?
Speaker 10: My loyalty is to Nick. Okay, my loyalty is to Nick. I think that's only because we had curly hair. Oh so we shared a bond, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, applause for that answer, a.
Speaker 7: Bond, I would say that beautiful.
Speaker 3: Well, so, like we heard Thanksgiving Day halftime performance, y'all are working with the Jonas Brothers. Obviously we know you're very excited, but can you talk about the preparation that goes into that halftime show?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 7: No, of course.
Speaker 10: With the Dallas Cobbys cheerleaders, we want to put excellence in everything that we do, and so we work really, really hard, whether that's in the studio or outside of the studio's studio as well. And I'm telling you, work in with thirty six women like them is amazing because everyone brings something different to the table, and it's amazing to be a part of such a team like this. So being able to perform with just an internationally aimed artists like the Jonahs Brothers is insane because we want to make sure that we live up to that standard. Of being able to not just perform for an amazing concert, but for an amazing opportunity of like the primary source of.
Speaker 7: Really raising awareness for the Salvation Army.
Speaker 10: And I think we kind of the concert kind of overdoes that sometimes, and I think it's really important to talk about that's not the primary source of the concert. It's really to magnify just the awareness of the Salvation Army.
Speaker 7: So I'm so glad that we get to be a part of that.
Speaker 4: And I'm glad that you mentioned that each of your teammates on DCC bring your own unique selves, your own unique style, because I think that people that don't get to see you at home games or see you on TV, that they think there's a certain profile and they don't really realize that the DCC is a tapestry of all different styles looks, and you can all bring it all together to make this wonderful tapestry.
Speaker 5: Bring it all together.
Speaker 4: But one thing that I is my favorite over the past several years with DCC is my Cause, formerly my Cause, my boots, but my Cause my Star And it's something where you each have a unique cause that you want to bring more attention to. And so, first of all, let's start at the beginning and explain to everyone what is my Cause My Star because this month you're going to be filming your videos and talking about your specific causes near and dear to your hearts.
Speaker 10: Yes, so, as you said, my Cause My Star is new for DCC this season because we did My Cause My Boots. But it's very similar to the NFL players and I'm talking about My Cause my cleats and they just everything.
Speaker 7: That they do are amazing. But we also want to be included in that and.
Speaker 10: Just really show that we have another side to us, so that we're also just humans as well, that.
Speaker 7: We care about certain topics.
Speaker 10: And so with My Cause My Star, we actually got to make our own little stars.
Speaker 7: They share it, and they really.
Speaker 10: Made it clear that they wanted each star to represent the girl and their heart and what we really stand up for.
Speaker 7: And so mine is.
Speaker 10: Suicide awareness and that's the purple and the teal. But it's amazing we have so many other causes. But it's amazing that we'll get to see all the different stars out on the field and just kind of showing our hearts on our uniform.
Speaker 5: And why did you choose the specific cause?
Speaker 10: Yes, so suicide awareness is really close to me because I lost one of my friends to suicide back in high school.
Speaker 7: And it's true what they say.
Speaker 10: It's definitely the person that you would least expect it to happen because she was just full of joy in life and we didn't know that all of that was kind of mass by things that she was.
Speaker 7: Going through on her own.
Speaker 10: And so for me, I really want to be there for people who are going going through the depression, the anxiety, the suicidal thoughts, because a lot of the times, I think when we talk about those things, we kind of shut down. We're like, well, that's too dark, Like that's too dark of a conversation. But I think it's time to really normalize that topic of suicide because it truly can save a life, and those conversations are hard but necessary. And so when I wear this star, it's for all those people who feel like they had no one, but in reality, they have a whole bunch of people on their team and I'm included in that.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, you'll be taping your video soon.
Speaker 4: But and the game will actually be the December fourth game when Indianapolis comes to AT and T Stadium. But we mentioned that previously it was might cause my boots.
Speaker 5: Yes, so can you tell us why.
Speaker 4: You've switched to the star which is going to be on the left lapel of your uniform? Why are you doing stars on the uniforms instead of the boots this year?
Speaker 7: So it's really special.
Speaker 10: I think it's really cool actually, because not only do we get to wear something that's passionate to us on our hearts, but we also get to also wear what's passionate to us on our boots as well, and that's our salute to Service game, and we get to honor our military families in our military who go out and.
Speaker 7: Risk their lives every single day. And thank you so much.
Speaker 10: But I think it's going to be a really special game because not only are you going to see these on our hearts, we're honoring just all military on our boots as well.
Speaker 7: So thank you lu.
Speaker 10: Casey for also making these amazing boots of the red and white and blue on the back of our boots.
Speaker 8: They're so cute.
Speaker 6: Do you have any other causes that maybe one of the ladies have that sticks with you or really means something to you as well?
Speaker 7: Oh my goodness, there are so many. I'm looking down like it.
Speaker 3: There's a whole list right here. I can res them off so many there's oh my goodness, there's just so many cat Hers is going to represent the Boys and Girls Club, just going down all of this. So you have Claire for autoimmune, you have just so many things, Darien for racial injustice. I'm just going down the list here and it just picking and choosing very and cancer awareness with Kayla. But I mean, there's just so many different causes and we're reading down this list that Christy printed. But you know, I just think it's so important for everybody to know that, you know, you guys are doing this, and you're bringing awareness to subjects that, like you said, maybe aren't talked about enough. I know, working in mental health for a little while, it's it's definitely not talked about enough, and it's very stigmatized that if you talk about it, people are are going to, you know, do something the opposite of what you're wanting. And it's actually studies have shown that the more you talk about it, the less likely people are going to act on these things. And so Katie on to just thank you so so much for talking about your cause and and you know why it's so important to you. But back to you know, back to Christy's question of or I used to question of which other one really sticks out to you from your teammates on this gorgeous list right here, there's a lot.
Speaker 10: Yes, No, it's really hard just to pick one. But if I had to choose another, I would definitely have to say when it comes to just the mental health awareness, that's a huge one. But another one that I am in love with is going to have to be my Marissa girl a mersa G. She's doing domestic violence awareness right now, and again that's another topic that's really really hard to talk about and one that I think sometimes anybody, not just woman, anyone has a hard time like coming up forward and saying like, yes, I've actually gone through this. And I think it's hard when you just see us in the uniform that you don't think that we have gone through some certain things. But there are a lot of things that us as a woman have gone through. And so I'm just really proud that she's my friend and that she's sticking up for herself and other people as well who's gone through that.
Speaker 4: That's why it's so important, because Katie Anna, you know what it's like to be a DCC and have over ninety three thousand people at a home game, so you get to perform on the world's largest stage. But I think that so many fans have this idealized view of DCC and so, like you said, when you, as young ladies, can put yourselves out there and say, hey, it hasn't always been easy. I remember this is several years ago going with the DCC down in Grand Prier in Granbury, Texas to Happy Hell Farm and it was just small. It was the group leaders from DCC talking with the high school girls that live on Happy Hell Farm and it's for at risk youth, and it was so impactful because they look at you guys and think everything's perfect. But the way that you can can relate to them, I just think that's what's really special. And just from a judge's perspective, it's really interesting how my Cause previously my Cause my Boots, now my Cause my Star is something that the DCC rookie hopefuls know about and in fact it was asked about and the audition process. When did you first become aware of my Cause my Star, I Cost my Boots.
Speaker 10: Like you were talking about right off the bat, because when you open up that application process in the application form, that's one of the first questions that you're asked, actually, and I loved that because that's when I realized that.
Speaker 7: This team is way beyond just the dancer. They want to know about the girl and what.
Speaker 10: They're actually going to stand up for and someone that's going to be a game changer and make a difference. And so that's why I love this team so much, because it's not just about the uniform. It's not just about rooting on the Cowboys, but it's also about making a difference and standing up for what we personally believe in, what we're passionate about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, can I do want to ask about one thing because there's something coming up. It's just a couple of weeks away. It begins Friday, November eighteenth.
Speaker 3: Actually, we're gonna we're gonna hold on that because we do have to take another break, but real quick while.
Speaker 5: We're on the top of Christmas.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm trying to be the I'm not trying to be the French, but I did want to cut to break real quick, but real quickly before Katiana again, you mentioned you're a second year VET. Yes with DCC. Can you talk about the audition process and all of that, what that was like for you, because it is so unreal going through that, So talk about that, and then of course we're going to cut the break and we'll talk about Christmas because I don't want to become the Grinch of the show. No, of course.
Speaker 10: So like you said, I'm a second year VET, and I think this year was definitely different than my first year. My first year, I had no expectations. I didn't know what I was getting myself into. I was just really praying about it and be like, you know what, Jesus take the wheel. If they like me, great, if they don't try to get next year. But this year is definitely like a different mindset because I wanted to go in just really showing them that just Katiana truly, because I think last year I was a little timid, and of course I am.
Speaker 7: Just very outgoing.
Speaker 10: I love just being myself in that personality. But this year I really just wanted to step out on my comfort zone and be like, hey, there's another Katiana, another part of me that I haven't shown you all yet.
Speaker 7: And it was the first year with my curly hair too, So I love it. Thank you so much. Thank you.
Speaker 10: So I think my confidence really just like skyrocketed this year, and I hope I showed them that because the process is long, and it's not just a physical process, it's a mental process as well. But it really shows you who you are as a woman and how strong you are as a woman because you're not just out there by yourself. You have so many people out there, like it's not a competition at all. Everyone there is rooting for you, and it's amazing just to see that. And truly, I love tryouts, Like tryouts is one of my favorite things because you get to meet new people, you get to bond with new people, but you're also coming together doing one thing that you love and that's dancing and rooting for each other.
Speaker 7: So I love the tryout process.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for touching based on that. Like I said, we're gonna go ahead and take our next break. We're talking all things Cowboys Christmas when we come back. This is Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by Jig South, the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: At Jigsaw Dating. We obviously want the Cowboys to bring that six spring home, but to be honest, We're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today Dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: All right, Pepsi loving football fans, it's time we had a lesson in trash talk. And I'm not talking about that stuff that happens on the field. What I'm talking about is trash, and it's the only thing that belongs in your garbage can.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 2: Recycling might not be as thrilling as converting up fourth and long, But next time you're thinking about throwing that Pepsi zero sugar bottle away, just cap it back up and pretend you're down by six with the recycling bin wide open. Know the difference, make a difference, be a team player, and recycle. Visit Pepsi trash talk dot com to learn more.
Speaker 11: It's Beady King's origin, Angel Food and New Angel Food Slim.
Speaker 3: Without added sugar.
Speaker 11: You no longer have to choose between treating yourself and hitting your goals. This summer. You don't have to choose between great taste and feeling great because that's Smoothie King. Every blend is made with whole fruits and no syrups, so you can satisfy your cravings without compromise. The only choice you will need to make is which one is best for you to our classic Angel Food or the new Angel Food Slim Blended without added sugar. Smoothie King rule the day.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to you, Girls Talk Boys Talk presented by Jigsaw, the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. We're coming live from the SWPC SWUBC. Hello, Hello podcast studio, and we're going to talk all about Cowboys Christmas, which is very fitting that this read is next because 'tis the season four or Dallas Cowboys Holiday Youth Camps presented by Invisiline. Registration for one day football and Dance Academy camps are now open. Don't miss your chance to send your athlete to camp at at and T Stadium on December twenty at and twenty First register today at Dallascowboys dot com slash Academy and use code Xmas twenty five to get twenty five dollars off what a steal. I love saving money.
Speaker 9: I'll know this.
Speaker 4: And the best part of those camps, the Dance Academy part of it is that it's actually the DCC. The current DCC are the actual instructors, and it's about so much more than teaching dance steps and some fun choreography that is specifically age group related, so six to sixteen. But I know that one of the things Kdianna that you try to emphasize is the real meaning of DCC.
Speaker 5: So I'd love for you to share that with everyone.
Speaker 7: Yes, No, definitely.
Speaker 10: So when it comes to the camps, I don't know if you guys know, but we have the dance portion, but we also have a portion where we get to sit down with the girls and actually talk about what DCC actually means.
Speaker 7: So we really sit down with them and we say it.
Speaker 10: Means dedication, and then we have all the girls say Okay, how can you be dedicated?
Speaker 7: Tell us more and tell us.
Speaker 10: More, And then we have character, and then we have community and we're really just kind of teaching them life lessons and making sure that they know that we're not just dancers, we're actually people who are going out into our communities and making a difference. And I think that's another amazing part of the camps, Like you were talking about that we're not just dancing, but we're also learning life lessons and I think that's really cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's impactful for generations to come and things that they're going to remember as they get older and as they grow up. So that's very exciting. And something else very exciting, Christy, I'm not trying to be the grin show. We can finally talk about Christmas at the Star. Can you please talk about how DCC is involved with Christmas at the Star because it is a shit is a production.
Speaker 7: It is really production. It's kind of like a Broadway show almost.
Speaker 10: It's the closest thing I'm probably gonna get to being on a broadcast show.
Speaker 7: I would have to say.
Speaker 10: But no, it is unlike anything that I've ever been a part of. And I think with DCC, I think we love to just like I said, that excellence behind everything. But it really takes a team, and so it's not just out us out there dancing.
Speaker 7: We also have Rhythm and Blue and then we have the Rookie Squad and all the kids that are a part of it. We have Santa come in. I know Santa, it's a done deal.
Speaker 10: But it's so much fun to just gather your friends and your family. And it's a free event as well, which is insane. And we have so many lights, so many fireworks, There's so much that goes into it. It really just brings the Holidays spirit and I love it so much.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and I love it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, you eat at the Star District, so it's in the Tostitos Plaza, so you bring your own guac in salsa there for the toasta.
Speaker 3: If I'm allergic to guak, can we bring something else I'm allergic to?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 3: Maybe some popcorn there we got, thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Katie, I'm glad that you guys mentioned that it's free. It's the perfect family event and I can't tell you over the past few years how much how many family members I brought to enjoy it. So it's Fridays and Saturdays, November eighteenth through December seventeenth, weather permitting. It is outdoors, so please dress appropriately. It is weather permitting, so hopefully we don't have like rain or freezing temperatures on those Friday and Saturday nights. But it runs from six o'clock into about six.
Speaker 5: Twenty five or so.
Speaker 4: Now those folks who are coming and bringing family members, you say, it's a lot of fun and there's a bunch of different groups involved. What can they expect to see? And I'm kind of going for the uniforms. That's because it's bright and fun and different.
Speaker 7: There are a lot of uniform changes.
Speaker 10: But like I said, we have guest appearances who light up the Christmas Cowboys, yes, former Cowboys. We had Miss Texas one year come in. Yeah, there are a lot of different people who come in for this. But our uniforms really I would like to say the icing on the cake, but just bios. But we have like our Santa Baby uniform and then we have our electric Cowgirl uniforms and they actually light up so yes, so it's like a puff It looks like a puffer coat almost, and it just has lights all throughout it. And then our palms also have lights throughout them. It's so cool, and of course it's at night time, so everything is glowing.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 4: And if you've never been to the Star in Frisco at Christmas time, what happens is the Tostitos Plaza which is the outdoor area outside the Ford Center, and it looks kind of like a little mini football field. The artificial surface it looks like the playing field at AT and T Stadium with the blue Star and the end zones with cowboys.
Speaker 6: But I like to.
Speaker 4: Describe it as a rock fella center Christmas kind of thing. There's a large Christmas tree that has led light displays and so the Cheerlekadiana and the other DCC there'll be a main stage they'll be dancing around the Christmas tree all in between, and it's really it really is a show stopper. The music's a lot of fun, and again it's free. It's family fun.
Speaker 3: So you're telling me, we get all of this, we get incredible performances by DCC, we get a million lights, It seems.
Speaker 7: Like just so many lights.
Speaker 3: The star lit up. Basically, you get Santa and you get photo ops.
Speaker 7: Oh yes, all of that combined and more. Oh yeah, that's not even all of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah you might have.
Speaker 4: Well you can also go online to the Startinfrisco dot com and inside the pro Shop, which is adjacent to Tostitos Plaza, they create a little Christmas cowboy Santa village, and so you can go online and make your reservations even now to have your photos with Santa. They started to the packages start at forty dollars ann. But there are so many families. I highly encourage fans to go ahead and reserve a time online because it's a very popular thing. But it's really a unique family photo with Santa in a cowboys setting, and so it's become really not.
Speaker 5: Just the show, but the experience with Santa.
Speaker 4: I think it's become a family tradition for a lot of families in the area.
Speaker 7: My family's coming every year now.
Speaker 3: No I took a picture with Santa. Last year, I just moved here and my dog and I went, so Toby and I took a picture with Santa. And so now with two dogies, have Toby and Wit. I'm gonna have to see if we can sit down for us. I don't know how well.
Speaker 7: I wish my dogs could do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if we can, but Toby definitely but perfect perfect As we wrap a bow on this Christmas conversation, I did want to ask you ladies real quick. We do have about ten minutes left about the NFL the East. We're coming off of a bye week here, so I just wanted to give y'all a reminder if if you had your bye week break is, as most people did, kind of what the NFC East is looking like right now. So let me pull this up all right. So keep in mind that the Eagles that played the Texans on Thursday night, they beat them twenty nine to seventeen. The Commanders lost to the Vikings twenty two seventeen, and the Giants also had a bye week last week. So your NFC East standings and NFC East NFC Beast really is what it looks like. The Eagles. This pains me to say, you guys, they're still undefeated. They are eight and oh in first place. The Cowboys are six and two and second, The Giants are also six and two and third, and the Commanders are four and five and fourth place. Now why are we talking about this, Well, because we're officially in our halfway point of the season and things start to get really real when it comes to wins and losses. At this point, playoff contention starts being more and more of a conversation as we go through. But you know, we also the Cowboys also playing Green Bay this weekend, Ayeshine, you wanted to talk football and get into kind of what this week means for the Cowboys in general. Can you tell me exactly what you're looking forward to as far as this game goes on Sunday.
Speaker 6: I mean, I mean yeah, I mean, anytime you play Green Bay as a like the Cowboys played Green Bay, it's.
Speaker 5: A big deal.
Speaker 6: But the Cowboys have a unique opportunity to just kind of knock the Green Bay Packers out of the playoff contention, and.
Speaker 7: With a win this week, that would do that.
Speaker 6: And I think that's important to a lot of Cowboys folks who don't want to see Aaron Rodgers in any capacity in the playoffs. And I also think it's going to be an important confident builder, confidence builder for this team going up there.
Speaker 7: Lambo's not easy to play in like.
Speaker 6: Regardless of how we feel about what's going on within the NFC, Like, it's difficult. But this time of the year is my favorite time of the year because he starts seeing who's not what and like what's really going on with everybody. You start seeing some key injuries. I know Green Bay had some key injuries this week, and I think this is this is about that time when you start seeing these type of things happen and you see if teams can bounce back. Cowboys went through this early in the season this year, so I've just this is the latter part of the season, my favorite part of the year. So I'm interested to see how things start panning out, especially in the NFC. What do you think, Christy.
Speaker 4: Well, I think being set up for exciting games in December is what it's all about. And Katieana, I want to know what it was like last year. It was your rookie year and the Cowboys, you know, with the with the twelve wins, the important games in December and then the playoff game. How do you describe that atmosphere being down on the.
Speaker 5: Field, coming out, coming out for Thunderstruck three thousand fans.
Speaker 4: I would love to know what that feels like to come out of that time with the music starting and you know that you know that everyone is so jazzed to see y'll.
Speaker 3: Kick off the party at eighteen tight Stadium. Let me just say, you hear Thunderstruck, you.
Speaker 7: Know it's talking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the guitar man, that's the one, the d oh yes no.
Speaker 10: I thought my first game was going to be memorable. No, that game, Oh my goodness. The playoff game was insane. I have never seen anything like it.
Speaker 7: It was just I.
Speaker 10: Think that one was the white towels, correct white out. It was the white out and I just remember looking around and I was like, Oh, is white our main color now?
Speaker 7: Because that's what it looks like. I was like, Oh my goodness, this is a lot.
Speaker 10: But no, the atmosphere is insane. I swear I felt the stadium shake doing thunder. I was like, oh my goodness, this is awesome. But no, it was an amazing experience.
Speaker 7: And that game was you know, we know we it was memorable.
Speaker 3: It was there.
Speaker 4: It's great about DCC, though, is you guys really have your finger on the energy level because a a lot of what you do is way before kickoff, like out in the Miller, like.
Speaker 5: Plaza and all of that.
Speaker 4: So what is that like as part of the pregame atmosphere on game day?
Speaker 10: Oh no, definitely, it's just like gearing up for the game day. It really sets the tone for what the game's going to be, not just for the fans but for us as well, because going out to Miller Lighthouse and performing there you can already sense just everybody's energy and they're excited.
Speaker 7: So we love that we get to be a part of that.
Speaker 10: But that also gets us ready to go out and perform of course for that pre game and just get ready and get ready to cheer on the Cowboys and hopefully they feel that energy as well that day.
Speaker 3: And also just the amount of cardio for these games. I mean, y'all are dancing pre game. You kick off the game with Thunderstruck, and then you're dancing every time music is playing in the stadium. Can you talk about that? Just you know how much energy goes into these games for y'all.
Speaker 10: Oh, yes, definitely. There are so many songs get that get played, so many.
Speaker 7: Oh a favorite, I mean I feel like it come about the tears Up. That's every pregame.
Speaker 10: I hear American Woman and I'm like, I'm right aha, But.
Speaker 7: No, truly all of them are.
Speaker 10: I mean, I love my pre game, I love the Miller Lighthouse Baby I'm a Stars is one of my favorite favorite performances ever as well.
Speaker 7: But no, just being out there and getting to do it.
Speaker 10: It's Yes, it's a lot of cardio, and it's a lot of stamina. But it's also like being out there for the football players. They're doing just as much as we are, and so just doing it for them and just for the fans is what we're doing it for, and like why we're out there, So it's worth that.
Speaker 7: And then I get to go home and eat a cheeseburg.
Speaker 3: Nacki's on the sideline.
Speaker 6: We've heard the players, well, they haven't gotten to specifics, but we did have I'm sorry her name just gave me the dietician. Oh, Claire, Yeah, Claire came on and talk to us about Like then I was wondering, like, do y'all have like Snacki's on the side that y'all over to grab some skittles so something.
Speaker 10: If you see me sitting down and it looks like I'm closing my mouth, it's only because I have a pink Starburst.
Speaker 9: I know exactly.
Speaker 10: And they're super nice because they ask us every single week.
Speaker 7: They're like, do you guys want Pink Star Wars this week? Or do you want Tropical star Wars this week?
Speaker 10: And I'm like, you know what, anything really to keep me going, So maybe we.
Speaker 4: Do have a little snackies and sneak sneak a little on the bus after the game too.
Speaker 5: Oh, don't tell anybody.
Speaker 12: Tell anybody, I U, I don't want to blow your mind on this in terms of the choreography and the songs, but uh, Katieanna and the.
Speaker 4: They don't know what songs are going to be played, and they don't know which numbers are going to be done until like the first beat of the song. Can you talk about that? How many you have to know and how you just have to start on.
Speaker 10: The dime really, so we have, of course our four quarter changes, so we know those.
Speaker 7: But then when it comes to.
Speaker 10: The music that's just going throughout the whole entire game, we probably perform about I don't want to be over the top, but like fifty different routines that are in our head just kind of flowing and shout out to all our leaders who do an amazing job of just calling different things because it is a lot of material in our heads. But we get the job done and it's so much fun, and like all the music out there is just really helping us and like hyping us up.
Speaker 7: But I would have to say about fifty plus difference, and.
Speaker 3: Something that's amazing about that is it's not just one style of dance for y'all. I mean you have some jazz, you have some palm, you have some hip hop going in there. It is multiple styles of dance within these sideline routines. And man, I just I can't, I really really what does that mean mean?
Speaker 6: My anxiety when you said fifty, like, my anxiety says too many options, too many variations, too many.
Speaker 3: You have stressed me out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're stronger than me.
Speaker 10: Oh no, no, no, we're just strong in different ways.
Speaker 7: Maybe just a strong and different ways.
Speaker 8: You said fifty.
Speaker 10: You don't even know there are fifty probably routines in my head, right, you just be out there, let and I'll.
Speaker 7: Just go and be playing it off. Yes see, I mean not that imperfect or anything.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 7: Sometimes it's like, oh, oh but that.
Speaker 5: Takes skill, But I but it does.
Speaker 3: It takes skill. I mean obviously.
Speaker 6: Being like a veteran, it takes skill to know like this scenario could happen and you got to be ready for multiple that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Sorry my bad, I didn't know it.
Speaker 5: And I'm about your craft. I think it's so interesting.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh thank you.
Speaker 3: Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, just on a level of their own really, I mean incredible, incredible work that you all do on the field like we're talking about, but off the field, like we mentioned earlier, and things that we didn't even get to talk about, right, So thank you so so much, Katieana for being such gary representation of the DCC, for joining us today, for talking all things DCC and all the fun events coming up. We appreciate you, We love having you on. And unfortunately I have to tie a bow on this show because we are to the end of art. I know, I know, very sad, We're to the end of our time here on Girls Talk, Boys Talk. But we will be back here tomorrow. We're gonna get into the Green Bay game. We're talking a lot, a lot of good information tomorrow. So thank you ladies so so much for joining us today, and for Ayisha Morrison, for Christie Scales. I'm j justin ours and DCC, Katieana, thank you all for joining us. We'll see tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.