Speaker 1: Hey, guys, ready or not, twenty twenty four is here, and we here at breaking points, are already thinking of ways we can up our game for this critical election.
Speaker 2: We rely on our premium subs to expand coverage, upgrade the studio ad staff, give you, guys, the best independent coverage that is possible. If you like what we're all about, it just means the absolute world to have your support. But enough with that, let's get to the show.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Biden, an accidental moment of candor here he gets asked a question about our ongoing attacks on the hoo Thies. Now remember the context here. The Huthis, who basically are in charge of running Yemen. They're basically now the official government in Yemen, have been blocking the Red Sea in opposition to Israel's bombardment and what they and I describe as a genocide of the Palestinians in the Gaza Strip. So they've been doing that. The US decided that we had to get involved here. We had to protect commerce on the Red Sea, and so because our initial response wasn't working, we decided to go that step forward and stop start bombing hoo They facilities in Yemen without congressional authorization. By the way, so Biden gets asked about this, Hey, is this working. Let's take a listen to what he has to say.
Speaker 3: Well, when you stay working, are they stopping?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Are they going to continue?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Are they stopping? The houthis no? Are they going to continue? Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean, this is.
Speaker 1: Such an incredible admission. I guess he's like too elderly to come up with a lie on the spot, so he just tells the truth. But it's just remarkable how US foreign policy, like, what is it even about. Clearly he's admitting they don't even have an expectation that this completely foolish and dangerous escalation that they've decided to engage in here. They don't even have an expectation that it's going to work. We know from the reporting not only has it worked, it hasn't damaged the hoothi's offensive capability significantly. It has not deterred them whatsoever. If anything, they have scaled up the attacks since we started bombing them directly, and you have more cargo ships than ever rerooting outside of the Red Seat and avoiding this area completely because now it's an active war zone. Gas prices immediately once we announce this bombing campaign went up. We talked last week about how Shell is saying, we are not bringing our ships through here whatsoever. So it has been completely wildly counterproductive. They know that he admits it, and yet it's still yeah, but we're going to keep doing it, this foolish, stupid, counterproductive policy for no reason whatsoever.
Speaker 2: If I were to describe blob foreign policy, Blob, by the way, is like the nickname for you know, Washington establishment thinking, I would actually put this as the perfect example where it feels good, right, We're like, Wow, these guys are gonna fire. We're going to take it right to them. I have nothing against that as long as it works. But that's the issue. It's got to work. And this is, it always feels good to drop a bomb, to drop, you know, a couple million dollars or whatever in ordinance. Everybody gets to play with their toys and we get to watch some cool videos online. But then you're like, but now, what do the bombing actually stop? And we's brought everybody the news that in general, you know, the offensive capability had been only slightly reduced. It didn't take a genius. I've said it from day one. I was like, look, Saudi's carpet bomb these people for nine years, they haven't been able to do any real, you know, real destruction to their capabilities. It also, though, exposes what the war war means and what the Pentagon actually has the disdain for the American people, for the democratic process. This was the perfect example where a Pentagon spokesperson was asked, is it fair to say that the US is at war with Yemen? And look at the way that this woman twists herself into knots to avoid the obvious answer of yes, Let's take a listen.
Speaker 6: Is it now fair to say that the US is a war in Yemen? And secondly, there are some reports about a USMQ nine being shut down over Iraq by Iranian back militia.
Speaker 2: Is that's something you're trying?
Speaker 7: Thanks to Jerse In terms, I'll take the second the the last one. First, I have seen those reports. I don't have anything for you on that, so I'd have to circle back with you. I just I've seen those reports, but don't have anything to add in terms of your first question. No, we don't seek war, we don't think that we are at war.
Speaker 2: Just a follow up On's question. You said that we are not at war with the hoodies.
Speaker 1: But if if you know this Tit.
Speaker 2: For tat bombing, we bombed them five times now, So if this isn't war, can.
Speaker 5: You just explain this a little a little bit more to us, If this isn't war, what is war?
Speaker 1: Sure, Laura, Sure, great question.
Speaker 7: I just wasn't expecting it phrased exactly that way. Look, we are, we do not seek war. We are we do not we are not at war with the who thies In terms of a definition, I think that would be more of a clear declaration from the United States. But again, uh, what we are doing and the act that we are taking are defensive in nature.
Speaker 2: I love those grizzled Pentagon reporters be like, all right, what is war then? And here's the thing she actually gets the right answer with a correct answer, is one that is declared by Congress. And yet what are we finding ourselves in a Tit for tat campaign? The problem was is that, as Rokanna articulated on our show about offensive capabilities, that was clearly an offensive action. It was described as such. It's a very different thing. And that's why previously an incidence where the who thies it approached like a US ship and we fired back at them. People were not upset about it from a congressional point of view, because it's obviously an act of self defense. Somebody's shooting at you and you shoot back, that's a different story. But when you're actively trying to remove their offensive capability, then that's not the same thing, and you have to get some congressional authorization for that. And the problem is is that the only sign right now from Washington is that we're going to increase and as we have said previously, if you want to just solve this via airpower, it's not possible. We're going to talk, I think tomorrow a lot about the Israeli as the assessment, the US military assessment of the Israeli military campaign. You can drop as many bombs as you want to on some of the most densely populated regions on the planet, you still can't kill everybody. Guess who found that out in Japan? The United States in our war with them. There's a reason Japan had to surrender and we've got militarily conquer the entire island because even though we could kill one hundred thousand people in a single night. It's still very very difficult in order to remove total enemy infrastructure and all that with bombs alone. That's why the plans at that time called for a ground invasion of you know, some quarter million troops or something crazy. So at the end of the day, you want to solve this militarily, there's only one option we got occupy Yemen. I don't think this should be on the table, and yet this seems to be. Honestly, I think that seems to be the more likely scenario than something else been an actual negotiated diplomatic explosure.
Speaker 1: And it is so important anytime we talk about this to remind people that if we just force Israel into a ceasefire and use our leverage to push them to the table and to end these hostilities, this all stops. We don't have to occupy Yemen, we don't have to bomb Yemen, we don't have to do any of this. And we know this because when there was a brief negotiated ceasefire, the Huthis all but stop their attacks. All of the you know, Iranian backed milicious in a rack. All of these attacks stopped during the ceasefire. So we know that this isn't just oh they're claiming it's about Israel. It's really not about Israel. No, it is about Israel. It is about what Israel is doing in Gaza right now. And yet that is taking completely off the table, and you are lead to the US foreign policy establishment. You know, even going against the Rand Corporation is like, this is a stupid policy and it's not going to work. Clearly, Joe Biden and co. Know that, and yet they feel like we have to do something and we have to be the tough guy. So I guess we need to like wage a war, but not go to Congress to make it an official war. And speaking of that, let's put this up on the screen from the Washington Post. Apparently the US is preparing for a sustained bombing campaign, but definitely not a war, just a sustained bombing campaign. I'll read you some of the details here that Biden administration crafting plans for sustained military campaign targeting the Hoofies in Yemen after ten days of strikes failed to halt the group's attacks on maritime commerce, stoking concern among some officials that an open ended operation could derail the war. Ravaged country's fragile piece and pull Washington love that terminology into another unpredictable Middle Eastern conflict. I love how we just get pulled in like it's a force of nature, like there are other options on the table, like our concerted offensive bombing campaign. Is US somehow being pulled into war without any choice or other possibilities, It's just insane. They say they don't expect the operation will stretch on for years, like previous US wars in Rock, Afghanistan or Syria. At the same time, Sager, they acknowledge they can identify no end date or provide an estimate for when the Yemeni's military capability will be adequately diminished. As part of the effort, US naval forces also are working to intercept the weapons shipments from Iran, and it was part of that operation that led to we now have confirmation, sadly, that two US Navy seals died attempting to intercept weapons from Iran to Yemen. So it shows you this is not costless whatsoever, not in terms of treasure, not in terms of lives, and certainly not in terms of global stability, let alone Middle Eastern regional stability.
Speaker 2: It just used to be. I mean, remember Chris, do you remember when those soldiers died in I think they were green Berets in Niger, and there at least was it up roar over that people were like, what the hell or a bunch of green berets doing in the middle of the desert getting into a firefight with isis. To this day the entire thing has been covered up by the pens.
Speaker 1: Oh, they absolutely lied about what right.
Speaker 2: They those guys were left out in the cold. There were some crazy stuff that happened at command to people should have been prosecuted for what happened to those men, but that's a whole other story. Now the same level though of scrutiny on this I don't see it. Two US Navy seals were dyed killed in action. Now it appears in this mission. One of them, I mean, is a genuine hero who jumped in after one of the guys slipped off of the ladder and was carried off in heavy swells away. And these their bodies have still not been found. They've been declared deceased now by the Pentagon. And the problem is is that this is only ramping up. Let's put this up there on the screen. This is a terrifying thing that happened just a couple of days ago. So the main US base in Iraq was I love the headline, attacked by Iranian backed rebels. Okay, but that's not the headline. The headline is is that quote multiple ballistic missiles and rockets were fired by these militants from western Iraq that rained down on the base. Now, the reason why this is different is it's the first time so far that multiple ballistic missiles have been used against US troops inside of Iraq. And what's even more troubling is that fifteen Patriot missiles were actually fired to intercept these ballistic missiles and to shoot them down. Guess what, guys, of those fifteen lists, we can put that up there, please. Each one of those costs four million dollars. That means that we fired sixty million dollars in ordinance. And what's even more terrifying is that these so called pitally rock missiles are just coming from Iran, that they've been able to assemble without sanctions, They were able to get past our Patriot missile defense systems. So we fired sixty million dollars in rockets and multiple of our troops appear to have suffered traumatic brain injuries, and I believe one person was actually injured directly. That should terrify the hell out of all of us. A. Our weapon systems don't work as well as we thought. That's number one. But two is that these guys are sitting ducks. And with the amount of technology now available to many of these Iranian backed groups, this to me was a perfect preview of how much of a nightmare and how almost certain regional wars likely if Hesbala does enter the war because they've got technology actually, frankly, even more advanced than this. And this is another thing where things are all ramping up. Who these obviously are Iranian backed. You've got these Iranian backed militias in Iraq, They've got ballistic missiles and much more advanced technology. We do not have that many troops who are in Iraq right now. And then the question is, you know, Iraq too, is in a major diplomatic problem. They're negotiating with US over our presence in the region. But they want they don't want us there anymore. But it's complicated, the Iranians tell them not whatever, It's a different story. My marine point is just that there's a lot at stake and basically everything is being disrupted around all of this. And you're right, I mean, the center of gravity for this is God. If the seasfire were to stop, or if the seasfire were to go into effect, then a lot of this would ramp down. Yeah, that's not really an option that's currently being floated by anybody really in the American establishment. And what really disgusted me was John Kirby, the spokesperson for the Pentagon, who went on Good Morning America yesterday and downplayed the tvis that were suffered by these US troops in this attack. Here's what he had to say.
Speaker 8: What can you tell us about potential injuries to American troops rock and how will the US respond to this latest attack. Well, as we understand at this early hour on Sunday morning, it's only a very small number of US troops that were affected. They're being seen for traumatic brain injuries with some symptoms of concussions, but no serious physical injuries other than that. Not that that's not serious enough, of course it is, but we understand it's a small number and it's limited to traumatic brain injuries.
Speaker 1: Obviously, what we're going to do what we have.
Speaker 8: To do to protect them. I mean, these sacks have to stop, and we've made that very clear.
Speaker 2: Just a very small number of crystal. This is from the same people who believed Havana syndrome, who believe that Russians were shooting secret microwaves into US diplomat's ears, and they passed how many millions of dollars in health? These are our servicemen who are sitting there getting missiles rained down on them. And he's going on national television, a former admiral in the US Navy to downplay traumatic brain injury, which last time I checked, is actually one of the worst things that can happen in combat because it follows you forever. You have no idea the personality changes that could come. I mean, there's all kinds of downstream effects that these guys may have to live with for the rest of their lives. How can you feel, you know, being sitting there, you have missiles raining down on you, and either freaking Pentagon or the Press secretary go on television and just be like, oh, it was a very very small number. I don't even care if it was, you know, if it's just one, So what you know, every one of their lives and all these matters. It's the entire purpose of the government because they don't want to acknowledge even any option or the failure of their strategy. We're downplaying. I'm just it's repulsive.
Speaker 1: It is repulsive, just a little traumatic changer. Imagine that's your son or daughter.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the tallest man out there. And you know, I was saying this to Usager, like the other flax for the White House, the other shameless propagandas and liars that they employ, they at least look a little squirrely, like a little uncomfortable when they're faced with the utter lies and propaganda that they have to continue to Not this man, no shame there, none whatsoever. He will just go out and proudly lie and spin and misdirect. And it is discussing. And you know that article that we put up before it has an astonishing statistic in here which I did not realize because we've tried to cover these attacks as much as we can, because they are incredibly dangerous. This particular assault, which was one of the largest since October seventh, this was the one hundred and forty fourth attack on US troops stationed in a rock in Syria since October seventh, one hundred and forty four attacks on US troops in the region. I mean, first of all, this again begs the quation like why are all these people still in the reason? That's number one, But number two like what are we doing here? I saw another commentator say yesterday, like, listen, even if you do not care a bit about Palestinian lines, even if you are not repulsed by the videos of fifteen year olds having to have their legs amputated with no anesthetic, even if that doesn't move you whatsoever, what possible US interest is being served by this policy? Like what possible end are we pursuing? And this is the insanity. To go back to the original comments from Biden where he acknowledges are the bombings of the who he's working? No, are they going to continue? Yes, it's the same thing with our policy with regard to Israel. You have Tony Blinkett just recently come out soccer and say there is no military solution to Hamas. I mean, it's true, it's obvious, But then what the hell are we doing? Like what are we supporting? We're the ones sending the two thousand pound bombs to drop on Gazas Strip and destroy infrastructure and murder civilians, mostly women and children. And we're openly acknowledging, well, we know this isn't going to work, then why are we doing it? Why are we supporting it? And it shows you the level of complete insanity and disconnect from reality that has taken hold among the DC blob establishment. That they will bomb, they will you know, ship weapons to murder civilians. No way that not only is it not going to work, it is actually going to achieve the opposite end of what you claim to support. Because the WHO things have never been more popular locally or around the world than they are right now. Hamas has never been more popular in the Gaza Strip or the West Bank than they are right now. Every civilian murdered in Gaza is likely a new Hamas or other militant member. They know this, they know this, and yet they continue to pursue the policy. Anyway. If that's not the definition of insanity, I don't know what is.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 2: I mean, like I said, it's all blob politics. Everything feels good, you know, everything is about obscuring like actual national interests. I Chris Leslie said, I am a big fan of talking in the language of national interests, because when you do talk to American you'd be people are pro Israel. I would say in general, for people who are pro Israel, if you were talking to them like do you think you would be worth sacrificing US lives and you know, US military in order to fight for them, they'd be like, oh no. And it's like, well, what if I told you that American troops have been fired upon one hundred and fourteen times? People were like, well, you know, that'd be a little bit of a problem. Look, it's only a matter of time. And I hate to say it, We've already got too dead who've been killed, these brave heroes in this interdiction mission. It's only a matter of time. Ballistic missiles and all this stuff flying around, this amount of ordinance, somebody's gonna die. And when they do that, we are so lucky that it hasn't happened before. And it's just purely a matter of chance. One hundred and fourteen forty four, sorry, one hundred and forty four attacks. Once we get to two hundred, like what are we doing here? And it just gets worse and worse already. I've seen some of the images of some of these ships that have come out of the Red Sea. This is no joke. I mean, go back and look at the damage for example of like the USS coal back in two thousand. I mean a lot of sailors died in that attack. It's only a matter of time, you know, before something like that is allowed to happen. And that was just a tiny little skiff or something. These guys have advanced military technology, and yes, as we see with the patriots, we can shoot some of them down. But ask Ukraine, you can't shoot everything. And it's like it's only it only takes one and you can do a hell of a lot of damage.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: We can see it in Israel, we can see it in Gaza, we could see it, you know, in Kiev and everywhere else. It's been targeted by these things and a lot of people can die. Now one missile goes in the wrong place and you're in a whole other situation.
Speaker 1: So speaking of what the hell are we doing here, the longtime stated goal of the US government, through successive administrations and especially amplified now in the wake of October seventh by the Biden administration is the two state solution? And Biden was asked this was a great question. By the way, Biden was asked in a sort of a scrum, is it impossible to achieve a two state solution while bb Netanyahu is Prime Minister of Israel? Given that he continues to assert that not only does he oppose a Palestinian state now and forever, he has been a primary opponent of ever getting a Palestinian state for decades. At this point, let's take a listen to what Joe Biden had to.
Speaker 5: Say, interestate solution impossible, the power.
Speaker 9: The power president, the Demain negotiations in Ukraine and the border, what did they?
Speaker 1: Are you going to reconsider conditions on Israeli? Given what n Younger said about at one stage, I think something.
Speaker 3: The number of the types of two state solutions. There's a number of countries that are members of the UN that are still don't have their own militaries, a number of states and or have limitations, and so I think there's ways.
Speaker 2: In which this kept working.
Speaker 9: But bbe I said he's opposed to two state.
Speaker 2: Solutions, So what is he open to? Did you talk about it this morning? So I was interesting.
Speaker 1: Every part of that is very revealing, So let me go through it. So first of all, you know, he's asked, do you think it's impossible with bb as prime minister? And he says he says no. He says there are a number of types of two state solutions. He says no, he didn't say that he's totally opposed to two states. What he has said that multiple times and continues to say that, I'll show you in just a moment. But he lays out his specific idea of basically like, you know, a Palestinian state that isn't really a state, that doesn't really have sovereignty, some sort of state minus solution that he thinks maybe he can sell to the Israelis, even with netnya who as Prime minister. I mean there's a lot to say about this. I mean, first of all, I think that solution is unacceptable, you know, to give them some sort of like pretend state that isn't real Number one is unacceptable. Number two, even that Netna who is not going to go for He is adamantly opposed to any form of anything approaching a Palestinian state or Palestinian sovereignty. So Biden is living in some sort of fantasy delusion, even in spite of the fact that Beebe continues to make it clear that there will never be a Palestinian state so long as he is in power.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Christ, he made that very very clear in his speech. It's amazing too, because this is the perfect example of Hebrew versus English. In English, I don't believe he's ever said it, but in Hebrew he's not tweeted it. Now multiple times he's saying it to the public. He seems to forget that some of us can actually listen in on English language broadcast. That's translating his remarks live. Here's what he had to say.
Speaker 1: For thirty years.
Speaker 9: I am very consistent, and I'm saying something very simple. This conflict is not on the lack of a state of Palestinian but the existence of a state, the Jewish state. Every area that we evacuate we received terrible terror against that. It happened in South Lebanon, in Gaza, and also to there in Summarrea, which we did it. And therefore I clarify that in other arrangement, any other arrangement in the future, the State of Israel have to twelve on the entire area from the river.
Speaker 1: To the sea.
Speaker 9: This is what happens when you have sovereigny. This truth, I say to our American friends, and I also stopped the attempt to imposes us a reality that will jeopardize us. A prime minister in Israel has to be able to say no, even to the best of friends, to say no when you need to, and to say yes when you can.
Speaker 2: Christly, you were explaining to me that the river to the sea is not the perfect translation, but it's this still the inspiration if you want to just give that.
Speaker 1: Because okay, so obviously the exact freezing from the river to the sea has been framed as genocidal when it's coming from college students on campus here, any sort of Palestinian activist, et cetera. And then BB says it here and you know, apparently that's fine. It's also in the Lacud party charter, by the way, as it is in the Hamas Charter from you know, when the when Hamas was originally founded. Now the cope here was, oh well, he didn't actually say from the river to the sea. He said the entire area west of the river Jordan, which is literally defining the exact same territory, but that was the go Well, he didn't actually say from the river to the sea. He said from the river to the sea, but use like different technical words in Hebrew. In any case, he's making as clear as he possibly can. He literally says, for thirty years, I am very consistent, and he's correct. He has never hidden his disdain and disgust for the idea that there would ever be a Palestinian state, and he's making it incredibly clear here that the entire area west of the Jordan, or from the river to the sea, however you want to put it, he wants it to be under Israeli control. So makes for very awkward situation for US officials who have gone out of their way, you know, they friction censured. Were Shida to leave from saying this when she's using it to call for equal rights for everyone, whether they are Muslim, Arab, Jewish, any nationality, any religion group in that area, She's censured for it. And yet let's take a listen to this is D four guys, John Kirby trying to clean this one up based on Netanyahu's comments. Let's take a listen. The President addressed Yak who's using the phrase from the river to the sea in their conversation today. I know the way house is previously, so that's a phrase is divisive, So.
Speaker 10: I'm not aware that that specific phrase was discussed.
Speaker 2: Using that phrase.
Speaker 10: Look, there's a there's a connotation with that phrase. We talked about this before. But when you know, when you use the phrase river to the sea, it speaks basically to the mantra of amas And in their manifesto where they basically describe the geographic bounds of what they believe to be palace signed and if you look at it on the map, if you go look at the four corners that they describe it, it's basically the state of Israel. They just don't believe it should exist. So again, it's not a phrase that we recommend using given because of that context.
Speaker 2: This wasn't a moss This was I understand.
Speaker 10: I don't have anything more on that, and I certainly don't have anything more in the conversation to read out with respect to that.
Speaker 1: But this wasn't a mass This was Metannahu. And by the way, like just again, this man is not hiding his aspiration, societyology, what his views are Before any of this happened, he went to the UN with a map of Israel, remember that from the river to the sea, with no Palestinian you know, no West Bank, no Gaza Strip, no Palestinians whatsoever. That was all fine and good, and apparently Joe Biden is still operating under some delusion in which bb Natanyahu could be some sort of partner for an actual negotiated peace settlement. And just sober in case it wasn't totally one hundred percent clear from the literally thousands of times he said it before. Nan Yahoo also tweeted out, let's put this up on the screen. This is d three, guys. I will not compromise on full Israeli security control over the entire area west of Jordan. And again, to be totally clear, he says this is contrary to a Palestinian state. So he's making it as plain as he possibly can. And yet Joe Biden still still not getting the message here somehow.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean at a certain point, it's like, look, guys, like what are we doing here? And same thing. I have a very simple proposition, which is to treat Israel like you treat every other nation. If you treat I mean, but the problem is that this is America. This is apparently the way that we treat our so called allies. We're like, hey, Ukraine, we're going to give you all these weapons, but just don't use it to attack Russia. And they're like, okay, yeah, sure, we'll just use it to attack Russia. And we're like, oh, well, you probably shouldn't do that. But here's a couple more and now we do the same thing here. You know, the EU has a much more sensible policy. If we can put the tear sheet up there, please d five. You know, I was reading this just yesterday. And look in the EU, I mean, Germany literally has laws on the books where they'll imprison you, you know, if you protest for Palestine. And yet for them, they're like, book, we need to quote seek consequences for Israel over opposition to Palestinian statehood. They have urged Member states now to impose basically sanctions from Brussels and from all member states if they continue to oppose Palestinian statehood. I find this to be an eminently reasonable policy, which is that, look, if you are going to go against the wishes of what we believe is a sustainable peace and or a sustainable solution, then we are not going to support you monetarily. It's very simple. That's what you usually would do in the past. This is also the fanatical way that we talk about. This is deeply contrary to historical American foreign policy towards Israel. Henry Kissinger often would lecture Goldemeyer, who was a hell of a lot more liberal than Netanyahu. George W. Bush would often lecture Nettan Yahoo and the Israeli government. And in fact, you can go back and pull that transcript I've read it here in the past a couple of years ago of our a flight Sure who is like, they're literally justify the war in Iraq, and he said, we don't. Can we condemn Israel attacking apartment buildings in Goz? Like that's how much the somehow, that is how much the rhetoric and the policy has changed here. I don't really know what happened, to be honest, it seems that we've somehow gone in the opposite direction, which is kind of crazy considering what the overall situation is. But look, they've humiliated us. There's just no question they've humiliated President Biden the Ukrainians did too. They probably learned from Zelenski. They're like, well, if he can do it, you know, what are we going to do? And they've got our political system basically rigged. So, you know, I see these Republicans all the time. We're attacking Biden for not being pro Israel enough. I'm like, what do you what do you want? You know, it's like I almost said the F word, but like, what else could you possibly want? They're getting their weapons. I mean, Biden even talked to them for twenty days, which, in my opinion is nuts. How do you go twenty some days without talking to the person who is actively engaged in this war and is escalating and doing things they're getting us involved in situation at very least you would expect some sort of bilateral communication. Then the question is like, are they the ones that snubbed us? And then he goes out and you know, gives a speech saying sometimes you have to tell your American friends, no, where's the requisite policy from our president? Why doesn't he give a speech and be like, listen, I support the state of Israel. As we often understand, the state is different than the politician him and I have differences, and as long as he's going to have this policy, then the policy of the United States is going to be support what we believe is in the long term interest of Israeli national security, which is a two state solution. And if you have a government that's in place that believes that, then I'm sorry. That is where counter odds here. That doesn't mean I have anything against you. I'm not anti Semitic. We have a disagreement. What's wrong with that? Yeah, you know we can't talk that way yet.
Speaker 1: You know it, sccer. It is interesting to think about how we've gotten to this place because you tell me if you think that I'm wrong with this. But Trump and then Biden have been the two most pro Israel. Total unconditional support for whatever they want, whatever they want to do, no criticism, We ship the weapons, We don't say a word in grievance that we've ever had. I mean, thinking back.
Speaker 2: Probably definitely trum Biden to Yeah, I'll say Biden to Obama actually was extremely pro Israel until he no longer was campaigning for office.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you remember this in two thousand and sixteen. I believe it was actually during the campaign, he allowed some un resolution to go through. That's right, people freaked out, But that was, I mean, frankly, the only real counter Israel thing that he ever did. There there was no political consequences.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, I'm not saying that any of the other presidents were good on the issue, but Biden and Trump have taken it to a whole other level. And it is interesting because it comes at a time when the American public has moved in the opposite direction. There's a lot more skepticism of Israel, especially in the Democratic base, but also in there's some rising numbers among independence and a little bit among Republicans as well. For the first time, you have some actual dissident voices in Congress. Not a lot of them, because you know, it's still very difficult to win a campaign if you're going to have courage on this issue, but there are actually a few dissonant voices who have from the beginning and calling for a ceasefire and been taking absolute hell for it too. So it is a strange situation where you know, you end up with this president who is absolutely lockstep at a time when the US public is really reassessing what this relationship is why we're supporting it, why our tax dollars are going to fund these absolute horrors and atrocities that are unfolding before our eyes.
Speaker 2: I could see it going both ways. I could see, you know, things wrapping up and then maybe everybody's moves on or whatever. But I mean, I've said it before. I mean I think the biggest mistake that BB ever made was coming here and criticizing Obama to his face in his own country, because it's just like, who do you think you are?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: You think the American President's going to go to the Canessa and speak against you? By the way, we should now at this point after you dare to do that in our country. We always have an Israel exception, it seems to be.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: I do think that in the long run, they definitely have lost it, you know, in general, the Democratic Party. Look, you can ignore it for as long as you want, but if you've got a small d democratic consensus, I don't think things have reached the breaking point quote unquote yet. It will come more likely if there is kinetic action involving US troops, because that's when the debate and the fire really breaks in general, is if US military lives are actually, you know, are really being spent, and we're getting involved, and especially in a bigger war, but even a minor one, I could see things changing. Yeah. Look, on the domestic side.
Speaker 1: You bring up an important thing with the Iranian nuclear deal, because Israel did not want that deal to be signed, and so that is another really significant instance where Obama went against Israel in a way that Joe Biden certainly wouldn't have. And there's these stories too about Biden like undermining Obama's policy Visa VI Israel and sucking up to Netna and telling him like, I'm the only friend you've really got here you can rely on me. Basically I'm paraphrasing, but that was effectively what he was saying to him. And you know, so listen, in a lot of areas up till now, I would have said Biden's certainly his domestic policy and really probably his foreign policy was better than obamais I and getting a sound of Afghanistan rolling back the drone ward, those were all positive steps in the right direction. Just to completely squander it with these absolute horrors that we are backing one hundred percent and creating tremendous risk for our service members for global stability, just absolute insanity. And just last thing here as a reminder, because I never want to lose sight of what continues to unfold on the ground in Gaza. An American doctor who went and worked in al Axa Hospital in Gaza came back and was interviewed by PBS News Hour about what that experience was like. Just take a listen to what she has to say.
Speaker 5: There is no death with dignity when you're lying on the ground of an emergency room in Gaza. In my first three hours of working at Alexa Hospital, I treated a one year old boy with a bloody diaper and his right arm and right leg had been blown off.
Speaker 4: There was no leg below the diaper. He was bleeding into his chest. I treated him on the ground because there were no stretchers and no beds available, and when the orthopedic surgeon came to wrap his stumps up to stop the bleeding. I would have imagined in the US this would have been a straightforward case that went immediately to the operating room because of the severity as a stat case, and instead, the impossible choices inflicted on the doctors of Gaza have made it such that he wasn't the emergency of the day. There was a waiting list, and the operating room was already full with other more pressing cases. And so I asked myself, what's more pressing than a one year old without an arm, a leg, and who's bleeding into his chest and choking on his blood. And that will tell you a little bit about the scale of devastation that the people of Gaza are suffering.
Speaker 1: Ess absolutely unimaginable. I mean, this woman is a hero for going in there and doing everything that she can, but I literally cannot imagine. She says, what's more pressing than a one year old without an arm and a leg, who's bleeding into his chest and choking on his blood, And he's not even the top priority at that moment. And remember this is happening to ten kids are losing their legs every single day. We're talking cesareans with no anesthetic, amputations with no anesthetic, hospitals consistently under bombardment. You actually had Jordan just complaining to Israel Field hospital that they set up was coming under attack. The level of devastation, the level of generational trauma. Imagine what these kids are going to deal with for their whole lives. The ones who are lucky enough to survive all of this, the horror is indescribable.
Speaker 4: WoT you put take,