Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Kaddy arm Strong and and he is Armstrong and.
Speaker 2: Studioca signor a dimly lit room deep put in the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications Compound. Hey, y'all, brand new week. All that's exciting.
Speaker 1: Who knows what? This is the week? And this is the week.
Speaker 2: This week, all your dreams come true, all of them, I mean all of them personally, romantically, business wise, all of.
Speaker 1: Them come thrue this week.
Speaker 2: And today we're under the tutelage of our general manager, Pam Bondie, America's hottest attorney general.
Speaker 1: And why is she or a general manager?
Speaker 3: Today?
Speaker 1: Justice Department is on the move. Pam's on the move, making the appearances on TV, doing interviews, arresting baddies. She is, according to science, Jack seven point eight times sexier than Bill Barr. And that's the record. I'd say that on the low side, depends which way you swing.
Speaker 2: How about that underground nightclub they rated in Colorado yesterday? I was gonna stunts not the fair word, because it's legit. It's been undercover operation going on for a long time. But I'm sure the timing is not coincidental with the big one hundred day hoopla coming up tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I said, there's certainly a great of truth to that too. Yeah, it's absolutely needed to be done. I mean, my goodness, gang members of various strifes, hundreds of illegals, guns, drugs, et cetera, in charming Colorado Springs, where my parents lived for a good dozen years.
Speaker 2: Well, what's amazing, is you gonna tell me? No local law enforcement caught on to the fact that there's a nightclub where hundreds of people gather on a regular basis.
Speaker 1: Well, they did work with local law enforcement, but before the Feds got involved. Oh yeah, yeah, so giant and running drugs and prostitution and everything else, and the MS thirteen involved in the whole thing. I mean, it's crazy, you know what that is? Actually, there's sanctuary people out there, so exactly that's a factor in the story. Colorado has become, you know, just a hotspot for illegals and illegal gang members because of their sanctuary policies, which is crazy. Of course. So the Colorado Springs police are listening right now saying, yeah, we wanted to do something about it, but we kept being told to stand down.
Speaker 2: Because we weren't going to join fascist Trump, right right. Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how this unfolds. And the videos, if you haven't seen, the videos, are wild. I mean there's all kinds of girls running around and dresses and high heels because they're in a nightclub dancing. I mean, they didn't know the federal government is about to come in blowing whistles and hands in the air and that whole thing. And you had more than a dozen military dudes there who were working security. Apparently I was a good side hustle to pick up on the weekends work security at that nightclub, which they who know, they knew it was illegal or not.
Speaker 1: Like from the Air Force Academy, which is also in the Spring.
Speaker 2: Certainly could be just said military personnel and looked into it, which us makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, working a little off duty security. Holy crap, here's the Feds. Yeah. Well, hey, same team, guys, same team, just a little side hustle. I love a guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, So that'll be a fun story to follow. And then the other side of the whole immigration thing, if you're into it, is the whole booting out babies with cancer story that the mainstream media is really really digging, which Marco Rubio, the Secretary of State, tried to clear up yesterday, and we'll get to that a little later in the show.
Speaker 1: I've missed that one somehow. My weekend was a political controversy free mostly intentionally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we got that. One hundred days is a stupid marker that got started with FDR and everybody acts like it's a report card that's important or something. I don't know it it's not. It's it's the definition of a pseudo event. It's the media creates an event. So there was a book written by this many years ago. It's a pseudo event. The media creates these things and then can report on them so that they have news stories.
Speaker 1: But it's completely made up. So yeah, you know, it's it's funny. I don't think there's anything wrong with taking stock of the early days, you know, when it's appropriate. But yeah, and it's it's quite the festival of reporting and opinionating and sure, you know, editorial writing and the rest of it, and it's entirely self generated. Yeah, why are you counting me down, Michael? I'm sorry, I was just adjusting my camera here. Oh, okay, making sure my fingers could be seen. Okay, that Michael's giving me the talent. I got to stop in ten seconds, or I realized as soon as I did that it was your drivel. Another ten seconds will go crazy. I'm going to confuse these guys as they're speaking. I'm sorry. Yeah. And the other thing we'll have to get to at some point.
Speaker 2: Five major polls came out over the weekend, so there was lots for the Sunday talk shows to grab onto. And Trump's numbers are down, but everybody's numbers go down after the beginning. So again, how much in what areas?
Speaker 1: That's what.
Speaker 2: That's where it gets interesting, and well we'll get into that, and then of course we'll break down Round five of the NFL Draft as we always do. It's been a full.
Speaker 1: Real surprises towards the second half of the fifth round. Jack.
Speaker 2: Among the things I did over the weekend that I look forward to talking to, wrote a waim for the first time. The automated taxi, the fully automated taxi. Oh my, did that with my son in San Francisco on Saturday night.
Speaker 1: You appear to be intact.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I'd drive a self driving I draw a self driving Tesla to the city, so it's not quite as shocking to me to then get into a self driving taxis. It might be if you've never done that sort of thing, but do want to talk about that technology, and it is the future, no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: But better than that.
Speaker 2: The next night, I took a actual uber. I was gonna say taxi. Nobody takes a tax anymore, poor taxi drivers. Maybe maybe now you got time for a shower so you're not driving unfortunate stereotype inaccurate. I took on with a guy from Pakistan, you know, man for Pakistan driving. I had a fascinating conversation about Pakistan, Middle East politics, all kinds of different things, homelessness in America, really really good stuff.
Speaker 1: So Ken look ford to talking about that night later. Yeah. Nice. Nice. So obviously you've bounced back health wise about that, No, just soldiering on regardless.
Speaker 2: Well, as I've finally admitted to myself I'm a person who gets sick a lot. I finally had to admit that to myself. But my ears are plugged up completely. I'm barely here. I've been sick for that. Don't get this disease whatever it is. So do you remember Congressman Doug Ocy. We used to have it from California guy years ago. Anyway, he responded to me on Twitter and said, yeah, I think I had exact thing you had. He said, I'm at two weeks at If you're at two weeks, you got a week to go. I thought that can't be. There are no three week diseases. I mean, like the like viruses that come and go that I've ever heard of three weeks.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I'm three weeks into it. Just about same thing. Katie's mom and pop hads it sounds like, yes, some some nasty respiratory thing that just hangs on and on. It hasn't been named, shouldn't have a clever name that the media can obsess over. Does it have anything to do with COVID, Like did COVID do something to our immune systems? Or did it spawn some viruses out there that didn't exist before three weeks? What the hell?
Speaker 3: Yes, Katie, Oh no, it's just my mom and dad started coughing at the end of March and they're still they're still going strong.
Speaker 1: Oh great, wow, wow, Hang out be this way forever. That's good. Yeah, but it needs a name. The beaver pox or raccoon flu or. I don't know, pigeon fever, I don't know. Sometimes yes, yes, I like beaver pox. I mean good to you do not appear to be pocked in any way, but for the David Mirrors of the world to say, and beaver pox continues to spread across it's the Midwest, this mysterious disease.
Speaker 2: When will it and we'll talk to experts. Frank, Okay, let's start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this. It is Monday, April twenty eighth. We're in April here, people they are twenty twenty five or Armstrong in getting We approve of this program.
Speaker 1: Let's begin then official. According to f SEC rules regulations, the show starts at mark. I read President Trump's book The Art to Make a Jeedle, and he advise to just close information before before it's time. There you go as Russians to the best Russian accent.
Speaker 2: They do they do, don't they in a comical way, not trying to be at Sir je A Lavrov, the spokesman for Putin, who has been Putin spokesman for like I don't know, twenty five years or something like that. The Foreign Minister one of the shows yesterday. I have read Donald Trump's book The Art of Being the Deal or whatever he said, and need to make a good point.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 2: He did one place say we are very polite here in Russia. We do not talk about the deal with only between each other, not in front of cameras, which is certain to a certain extent, a good idea when you're trying to make.
Speaker 1: And here's the deal, stand next to that window.
Speaker 2: He also lied endlessly, like he has to or he would be pushed out of a window about all kinds of things. I was actually getting angry listening to him talking about we have taken no children, many many children found themselves without parents and orphanages, and we have rescued them.
Speaker 1: And just all kinds of just lies, lies, lies, lies, which is what they did.
Speaker 2: But Trump said the harshest things that he said about putting over the weekend by far.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you do.
Speaker 2: You see that amazing picture of him and Zelensky at the Vatican alone in a corner together talking to thread about it.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's something.
Speaker 2: I'd like to know what that conversation was, you know, as I was thinking when I saw that, because they were completely alone, without reporters, interpreters and anything like that, so they had actually spoken very honestly, and I was thinking.
Speaker 1: About it without jd vance right, good point.
Speaker 2: And I was thinking about the Bill Mahr thing where Bill Maher said in person, he's nothing like on camera. I mean, he's very self aware of anything like. I wonder if Zelensky got the very honest, self aware Trump Trump saying, look, here's the situation. This guy's a murderous lunatic and I'm trying to or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, yeah, that's a fascinating question. I wish I knew the answer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe we'll know someday. Because Zelensky didn't say anything reporters asked him. He said, we're gonna keep all this private, So I wonder. And then Trump saying some pretty harsh things about about Russia, which we'll get to it later from a truth social that he put out. Uh, Katie's got headlines on the way. Katie seems to be better. Everybody's healthy side for me all on the way, stay here text line four one five two nine five KFTC. Look at some of the projections for what were prices are going to be because of the tariffs very soon, and you don't know if they're accurate or not.
Speaker 1: Who knows.
Speaker 2: And you never know when the tariffs are going to end, because it could be any day. But if they are accurate in the tariffs hold for a while, holy crap, it'll be the only thing anybody's talking about.
Speaker 1: Yes, the numbers behind the numbers Jack. What businesses are investing, what they are building has dropped precipitously as they're like, we don't know how to plan, so we're just not going to do anything. We're not going to grow. That's bad. That's really really bad. But more on that to come. A lot of good stuff to squeeze in this hour of the entire show. You wanted Kamala to win exactly that. That's code for I wish Kamala Harrison had won. All right, let's be I'm sorry. Now let's begin the show. Let's figure out who's reporting what it's the lead story with Katie Green and Katie Oh.
Speaker 3: Kind of along those lines from CNN. Trump took the US economy to the brink of a crisis in just one hundred days.
Speaker 1: Whatever. Alright, CNN, please.
Speaker 3: For maybe see Putin says North Korean quote friends helped Russia push Ukraine out of Kursk.
Speaker 1: He's looking at Curry favor of a little fat head. What an unholy aligance that bored man? Oh man? Are they gonna get like a two bedroom apartment? Held from they're both there?
Speaker 3: From the New York Times, US military says it's air campaign has hit more than eight hundred targets in Yemen.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, the whole bombin of the houthis you don't hear much about that these days, pretty closely tied to Iran though that story is on gooy from the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 3: Meta's digital companions will talk sex with users, even children.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, well what Jack, You notice the skepticism there.
Speaker 2: No, the children part obviously is horrible, but it's it's bad for mankind even if you leave out the whole talking of children thing. The relayationships, the way people are turning to AI, I've got some examples from from real life. Yeah, people really leaning on the chat bought sex bots for their companionship, which.
Speaker 1: Is wholly crap crazy to me. Yeah, dropping birth rates are just going to keep plunging, and then the planet of the be versus anyway, So I read that piece Kdie and one of the more revealing aspects of it was the fact that metas staffers, we're saying, hey, this is this is like porn for children, this is and Zuckerberg was like, shut up, shut up. It's competitive industry. We got to get on top. So some kids get exposed to sexually explicit stuff onward and upward. Wow, are you sure you're being fair? There is that? No? No, yes, I am entirely certain of being fair. Yeah. Wow, yeah, he said, no, we can't be the cautious. Keep going.
Speaker 3: From Breitbart dot com.
Speaker 1: Kanye West gets.
Speaker 3: Banned from Twitch in just seven minutes after Hitler salute and rant about impregnating Paris Hilton.
Speaker 1: I'm not exactly sure what Twitch is, but.
Speaker 3: It's the gamer streaming, all right.
Speaker 1: I know I'd heard of it. My kids do that. I did that. Yeah, it's huge. I was chatting with my son last night, who was a bit of a hipster and a fan of Yee back in the day, and he said he now he has some sort of confrontational syndrome where he has to drive people away. He attracts them, then he drives them away. It's his own mental kink. I can't remember the name of the syndrome. But he said he's now driving away the Nazi types that he's attracted to him something oppositionals And.
Speaker 2: I've seen I've known people who kind of did that, like they had to be repulsive enough and then they would then then they could do to see nobody likes me routine, yes, which is obviously very unhealthy.
Speaker 3: Speaking of repulsive from the New York Post, Southwest Airlines passenger stripped naked and pooped on her seat.
Speaker 1: As the plane landed. Well, at least there was her seat. I mean strip naked. I mean there's there's a certain amount of naked stripping that's required to you know, complete the act y god above the age of like three. Yes, yeah, she wanted she went all the way? Wow. Wow, Okay, how would I react to that? It's Kanye's future wife, right, I would want to change seats? Can I change seats before you land? Approach? Yeah? Your pretty trade tables up.
Speaker 2: They stow away your electronics and if you need to defecate, Go ahead and do it, pooping in your seat, wrap it up as.
Speaker 3: Quickly as possible, and finally the battle on bee behind closed doors. Pope is still focused, sharp and energetic.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, that's a good one. That is a good one. I love it.
Speaker 2: And after you if you think you've ever seen a better pope than this one right now.
Speaker 1: More on the plunging rates of trust in the media and why coming up among other fair hope you can stick around Armstrong and getty.
Speaker 4: Among men in gen Z forty five fifty five, Trump's approval rating, that's what we saw with everybody. Among women, that's where he falls off the cliff. It's gen Z this side of the gender gap. Women gen Z much more progressive, much more liberal. We're gonna see this on issue after issue than any other group any generation.
Speaker 2: That was Steve Kornaki of NBC breaking down there polling yesterday. Five major polls came out, as I mentioned, and there was something there for everybody, depending on what story you want to spend on.
Speaker 1: Not really trying to spin a story.
Speaker 2: So we'll get into some of the more interesting ones in my mind maybe an hour or two, but in particular the stuff around young women. They are an outlier from everybody else, right, young women?
Speaker 1: So interesting? You familiar with the documentary series seven up and fourteen twenty eight up where they interviewed British school kids at age seven, right and then every seven years sat right, every seven years for their life decades and decades. Yeah? Yeah, just absolutely fascinating and heartbreaking and just as is most powerful. Yes, I've noticed one of the most powerful things ever put on film in my opinion. But anyway, it would be so interesting. Let's start now this pocket. Is it a generation I guess of young women who are wildly radicalized and enthused about far leftist politics. Then I want to see him interviewed every seven years as they go through life. Do they stay completely crazed and unhinged from reality? Do they have a come to not Jesus but come to Madison moment in most of their lives where they realize, oh, Western civilization is a really good idea, or what I wonder how that'll go. They are a weird little ideological demographic. As always need to point out. They didn't raise themselves, right, Oh yeah, yeah, it's the radical leftists who got hold of the teachers' colleges and then the education system, as I'm always ranting about. So speaking of leftists and that sort of thing, a CNN is a joke and I can see that. But I've got some really interesting information about the continuing erosion of people's perception of the media, and it starts with a CNN thing, and it was network anchor Abby Phillips, in total earnestness earnestness, last week, said that the erosion of media credibility is driven by right wing rhetoric. What, yes, exactly, it's just attacks from the right wing. Mass media are dying, said the CNN guest and self appointed media authority Jeff Jarvis. The problem is that right wing has taken advantage of the situation, I think quite cleverly, quite wisely, they've played it into a weakness. And wow, well that's hilarious.
Speaker 2: So Fox years ago just you know, figures out, you know, practically all media is left leaning. How about we present something that's right reading, like, because I'm sure there's an audience for.
Speaker 1: That, and that's taking advantage of a situation. Yeah. Well, Scott Jennings, the token conservative on CNN, said what situation? Jarvis says the situation of being under attack, and Jennings says, what the right wing is taking advantage of is that the American people say enough is enough. They're tired of feeling like the mass media screens out one viewpoint versus another political coverage, tired of media institutions favoring one party over the other, which is clearly true. And then Abby Phillips jumps in, a lot of this is driven by the rhetoric on your side of the aisle, and Jennings says, you think the drop in trust is driven by rhetoric and not the performance. Wow, absolutely, Philip said absolutely, which is absolutely hilarious. And then here's that answers a question I've had for a long time, at least for that person, do they know there is my or do they actually think they're playing it down the middle? And apparently, at least in that guy's case, they think they're playing it down the middle, which is hilarious. So before I get into some of the other numbers, I think this is such a beautiful example. According to one of the Biden books, that Biden was senile and everybody knew it books that have come out recently, this one by Chris Whipple uncharted how Trump beat Biden, Harrison the odds and the wildest campaign and history. According to longtime aid Ronan who would know eighty one year old Biden as they were trying to prep for the debates, was fatigued, be fuddled, and disengaged. He wouldn't stop blabbering about NATO and quote how much foreign leaders loved him. At one point, why Biden just wandered off by the pool and fell asleep in a lounge chair. Claim started to debate, Claim started to worry the debate could turn into a nationally televised disaster it which it did. Here's what Caitlin Collins said just before the debate quote President Biden has spent days locked in intense preparation, surrounded by his closest advisors at Camp David, and our sources are telling us that tonight that full mock debates are underway at the podium underlights. He's even watching tape, as I reported while covering him in the White House. When Biden prepares, he does so incredibly intensively. Oh boy, that is so beautiful. So let's take a look at the data. Only eight percent of Americans report having a great deal of trust and confidence in the mass media. Eight percent have a great deal of confidence. That's not good. It's well earned, but that's not good. Yeah, if there's delight in my voice, then there is And I really need to take a long look at myself from delighting over the fall of the mainstream media. It's because awareness is good. You've got to fully identify a problem before you you can cure it.
Speaker 2: Well, Like I've become a news Nation guy in the morning. I check them out too now and they're trying to be not either Fox or MSNBC, and more than the slant, I notice just the lack of anger, and I got to admit it's weirdly boring. There's just like nobody's mad, nobody's fired up about anything. They just give you the story and the fact that there's nobody there to say. And that's why trump Zhitdler or that's why liberal those are communists. I mean, without that element, it's just kind of dry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what to do about that. Wow, what's in the line of the blind The one eyed man is king in the time of hyperbole, the reasonable man is ignored manly So eight percent have a great deal of trust and confidence in the mass media when it comes to reporting the news fully, accurately and fairly eight percent thirty six percent more than quadruple, closing in on quintuple, said they had no confidence at all. Not surprisingly, distressed among Republicans had grown exponentially under President.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think I'd be in the no confidence at all category. Yeah, I've got no confidence at all in the mainstream media. Every single thing I hear. I fact checked myself best I can.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's interesting. I'd have to think about that a little bit, just because I feel like I'm pretty good at identifying bias and so I just rolled my eyes and sad. Oh, that paragraph is completely crap. But okay, that's what actually happened. That paragraph's pretty good. I don't know. More importantly, Oh so, the number of Republicans who have no trust at all is twenty seven percent. Was twenty seven percent in twenty fifteen. It's now fifty nine percent. Wow, no trust at all. Wow. Interestingly, it's all interesting. But the percentage of independence who say they have no confidence in our press has surged from twenty seven percent in twenty fifteen to forty two percent in twenty twenty four No trust at all. I don't have like little or some trust. It would take you long to look.
Speaker 2: Over, you know, to argue against your You'd have to think about it. You just lived through mainstream media pretending the president wasn't senile.
Speaker 1: Four years of a completely.
Speaker 2: Made up Russian investigation where we're this close to Trump being outed as a spy.
Speaker 1: I mean, what, yeah, yeah, maybe I'm just a giving and trusting soul. I've known certain people who were utter liars and frauds and sheets in their lives. But if they handed me a nice looking right banana and said, Joe, this is a banana, I would believe that reporting on me but inflation reduction act with a straight face. But overall, yes, overall, you're quite right, quite right. But remember Jack, the decline and trust is just because of right wing attacks. And then I can't remember who wrote this in Taketoo. I'll look in a second. But do you suppose this is in any way the fault of the press, or is it as Philip suggests, it's that right wing rhetoric blah blah blah. The press's credibility crisis is of its own making. Everything from its botched cover of the lead up to the disastrous war in Iraq, which was you know, on a different side, it's abysmal handling of the COVID nineteen panics. Absolutely, oh, the canceling and silencing of anybody who dared tell well what turned out to be true, absurd insistence Joe Biden was in tip top shape, et cetera, et ceteras Jackie Jackie here where Jackie right right? And this is interesting too, worth knowing. I mean, what's her name for CNN's an idiot, and I don't feel any need to argue against her. But the decline in trust predates Fox News and Rush Limbaugh. It actually dates back to the Nixon administration. In nineteen seventy two, the percentage of respondents who had a great deal of fair amount of confidence in the mass media was seventy percent, and it's dropped thirty seven points.
Speaker 2: It's not good, no, but it is you can create a media that people would trust. I just don't know if there's an audience anymore that wants it. Like I was saying about how the strange blandness of watching a news channel where nobody's angry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, or particularly well you might even say where nobody's particularly enthusiastic about one idea or ou one narrative or another. Yeah, and you, if you were to build media that is trusted now, it would be very different than the media that was trusted in nineteen seventy two. Sure, it would have to be polarized, I'd think, Yeah. I mean, if you're the sort of media you're talking about, you're you know, forty percent of the Democratic Party that's insanely left. They would never trust that outlet.
Speaker 2: Sure, we mentioned last week the guy who runs sixty minutes is leaving just they've only had three people run the thing since it started before we were born.
Speaker 1: But he's still there.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if you did you see story number two on sixty minutes last night about nine to eleven?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Was that interesting? That was like an old fashioned sixty minutes? How could this be? Crew really didn't have a political angle story. We'll have to talk about later about video from nine to eleven that is emerged that the the.
Speaker 1: FBI never saw, CIA never saw.
Speaker 2: It's like, what, how is this even possible? Really good story, we'll get into.
Speaker 1: That, l Well, what was the angle are you pitching the inside job there, Candae Owens are on, Uh, well, I don't know how you explain it. I don't know how you explain it.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: I don't want to do a brief version of it because it'll be confusing. But maybe i'll bring that up an hour two and we'll play a little bit of that for you.
Speaker 1: Did you hear Scott Pelley did an editorial at the end of it. No, a parent company, Paramount has put pressure on sixty minutes. No, I did not. I want to hear that. I don't know that yet.
Speaker 2: We've got the audio. Okay, we'll get into that whole conversation. Joe's got mail bag coming up in a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 1: Stay here.
Speaker 2: No more I read about it, the more I think, unless there's for some reason or reversal in the whole tariff thing, like Trump changes his mind, says, you know, claims victory in a variety of fronts and ends it, or the Supreme Court steps in and says you're not allowed to do that. If they continue, it's about to be the only story in America. I think, like, yes, the only thing every day. Yeah, like soon within a week.
Speaker 1: Maybe aren't those the economic growth numbers out to do out this week. Yes, thirtieth last day of April, right right, yeah, okay, a couple of days Wednesday, all right, something to look forward to. Here's your freedom loving quote of the day from John F. Kennedy. I love this. This ought to be chiseled into the rock facades of the so called elite universities. Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. Yeah, damn sheep, kafia ware and hamas support and stupid little sheep. Wow, that was not as eloquit as Kennedy, but it's a good freedom love me quote. I love the conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth.
Speaker 2: You should have had your dad write you a more literate sentence to get me into Harvard. Here's here's your mail bag. Your mail bag at Armstrong and Geeddy dot com as the email address. Drop us a line now and again.
Speaker 1: Oh, guys, listening to your bit about what can destroy marriage contempt? Right, I realized you helped us understand Trump derangement syndrome. Simply contempt. There's nothing he could conceivably do that you would concede. Oh, that went pretty well. In the same way that if you've come to have contempt for your spouse or partner, you won't say, you know, he has a really good sense of humor. You can't bring yourself to say that. Right. That's a good point. Yeah, well said there, Brian. Also, a lot of the interaction between parties is simply contempt, and there's no way to get through to those that have gone too far down that road. Brian, and walla wallah, well done. Sir Jack is right about the next part, Hope, writes Todd and san Diego. When he expressed a preference for an African pope to succeed Pope Francis, he spoke a bigger mouthful than he probably realized. Not only would an African pope call attention to the sufferings of the people on that continent, as you pointed out, Jacket, would also be consequential in two other ways. One, Africa is the front line in the battle between Islamism and civilization, and this battle would receive more of the attention it deserves from the world if an African bishop became pope. That's a really good point, Ton. Two, Africa is the present and future of vigorous high doctrine Christianity, in sharp contrast with the woke shell of empty churches and progressivized cliches that passed for the church in Europe. Anyone who wants traditional religions to hold onto their traditions instead of becoming secularized NGOs should be rooting for one of Africa's conservative cardinals to become the next pope. Wow, that's some great analysis, Todd. You want to become our religion correspondent.
Speaker 2: We'll have on you every time a pope dies, so I wouldn't quit your other job since it's probably once every twenty years. Conclave starts this week and they'll start picking a pope.
Speaker 1: I guess a bunch of pope pickers. Ps. He writes, Hey, he's on a heater. Let's keep going with this. Ps. One of the top contenders is Jerusalem's Cardinal Pierre Baptista Piete Sabella. Yes, his name is Pete Sabella. It would be great to see him get elected and choose the name John the twenty four so everyone would call him Papa John. You know what, Todd, maybe I should have stopped after your second. Yeah, let's see. Here's the thought provoking note from Rick. Let's see, he was talking about how last week we talked to Josh Hoover, California State Assemblyman, very reasonable guy, solid conservative, and he was talking about at least one member of the state legislature during a recent hearing made reference to the possibility of passing any type of legislation to ban men and women's sports as going down the road to becoming Nazis. And he says, Joe, you responded to him by saying, we need a universally agreed upon phrase to describe this phenomenon, this sort of argument that divides us distinctly into this binary perception that there is only good and evil. Well, the word is Manichean, but nobody uses that word, the idea being you're either completely good or completely evil. There's no truth to both sides, that sort of thing. But he says, I don't have a specific word, and I couldn't find anything, but as a suggestion, I offer a HICCK. An acronym HICCK would be defined as it's an hic hyperbolic incendiary characterization designed to as certain moral authority, thereby canceling any discussion or attempts at resolving a dissension. Of opinion. You can use it as a noun. You have no argument. All you can do is make hicks proverb. See, you're hiccking away just because you're unwilling to approach this from anyone else's viewpoint, where descriptive down Maxine Waters is a career hicco fan. Well, let's see if that catches on. I love it, well done, Rick, So I want.
Speaker 2: To get into some of those poll numbers, all the big polls that came out over the weekend, one particular aspect, in particular, check in on sixty minutes.
Speaker 1: Some interesting stuff.
Speaker 2: Happened in that world last night, including that story about nine to eleven if you didn't see it, among other things. If you miss a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty