Speaker 1: NFL Game Deview is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Everybody, Welcome to Game Debut twenty twenty four edition, presented by Mercedes Benz, Patrick Claybound Here with Greg Rosenthal and Cynthia Freeland.
Speaker 3: We are back, Grandy. It is week one.
Speaker 4: Let's do my favorite week of the year.
Speaker 5: Because every team is just a beautiful baby, like you don't know what they're gonna bring. They're not gonna disappoint you. Yet every game is amazing and being back with you too is amazing.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 6: I missed you. I love you guys. This is my favorite show to be on. And you guys behind the camera too.
Speaker 7: This is great. Let's get going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all of you watching, even the babies who turned out to disappoint Greg, all of you all right, welcome. By speaking of disappointing, what about my finish to the picks last season? That's look at the picks of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Greg Rose Crowning.
Speaker 4: Put that crowd on one hundred and.
Speaker 2: Eighty of one oh five three games. And Cynthia who trouts me as I tried to make a comfort. But Cynthia, you have a theory as to what we need to do.
Speaker 7: We both need to take an ugly photo like that.
Speaker 5: Oh that's the cow Dare you I listen? I won the year before with a different ugly photo. Back to back, Let's make a three.
Speaker 7: You have such a beautiful face. Why are you making that terrible look?
Speaker 2: Sometimes you got a sandbag. You know, he's got to come down to the rest of us. That's just the world that we're living in.
Speaker 3: Let's saw some ball Niners coming up. Just shortened last year's Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Patrick Mahomes found Mikole Hardman for a walk off touchdown in overtime. Casey wins it twenty five to twenty two, second time in five years.
Speaker 3: Kyle Shanahan's team just.
Speaker 2: Missed out on hoisting the Lombardi Trophy. And we look ahead. That was the last game. Now we got a new game. It's a new season. The forty nine ers are still in that Super Bowl window they open up Monday night versus some guy Aaron Aron, what do you see taking place?
Speaker 5: Well, you mentioned a rod and I see the forty nine Ers winning this game. Because, as one of our great modern philosophers, James Harden once said, I'm not a system player.
Speaker 4: I am. The system is Aaron.
Speaker 5: Rodgers is the ultimate system, and I'm just curious what system he's gonna be this year. Is he gonna be this uttering system that held onto the ball a little too long in twenty twenty two when he was a pretty average quarterback. He is a guy who likes to see what's in front of him and figure it out himself. Can he play within the context of the offense. What I'm watching for in this game is how quickly the ball comes out of Aaron Rodgers's hands, because if he's not trusting what he's seeing with Nathaniel Hackett, I think he's gonna have a long night. I just trust this forty nine Ers defense in this team a little bit more. They get the win, but they don't get it by four and a half. So I do think the Jets covering this one.
Speaker 2: Okay, I also think the forty nine Ers win, but I do disagree. I think the forty nine Ers I get the win, and that spread not a particular issue twenty four to twenty excuse me to eighteen because the forty Nineers bring back most of the defense was top ten in pressures in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: And doing so, they add Leonard Floyd.
Speaker 2: Do you guys know who Leonard Floyd had the most sacks against while playing for the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 3: It's the Need It's the New York Jets. He had four to go with five quarterback hits.
Speaker 2: I believe in the Jets, but projecting out over the course of the season, this is a tough one for me.
Speaker 3: Niners win twenty four.
Speaker 5: It would have been such a letdown if you were like it was the Jaguars.
Speaker 4: What are you doing?
Speaker 6: You guys are I think you're crazy because I actually have the Jets taking this all who and not by some tricky like you know, only four points, not four and a half points. I have it all the way, twenty two to twenty one, a very convincing win.
Speaker 7: One whole point.
Speaker 6: When I'm looking at this one, I'm looking at Breese Hall and the difference that this O line is going to bring to the game. I understand, you know, Aaron Rodgers where you have to see what we're gonna get from him. That was a major situation with his achilles last year. However, you know it wasn't a major situation Bree's Hall. This guy had five games with nine or more targets last season. Next closest running back had to Tyron Smith. He's up front and by the way, he had one hundred and forty six rushing yards over expected. That ranked number five last season. So come on, guys like Breece Hall, He's gonna start your fantasy team off right.
Speaker 4: You got the.
Speaker 5: Fantasy to the fantasy show. This is the reality and.
Speaker 7: You know what the reality is.
Speaker 6: He's going to run you to a fantasy and reality championship.
Speaker 3: We do shoot fantasy live.
Speaker 7: Me and Cynthia sitt actually literally in this room.
Speaker 2: So it could be in theory because Greg, you know, built Rottal World brick Pride fiction.
Speaker 3: How at that?
Speaker 2: Moving to the Rams and the Lions teams facing off in last year's wildcard round, it was a special moment for Cynthia and other Detroit fans. All due respect to the nineteen ninety two Lions. We don't have to hear about you anymore. The rematch coming up Sunday night, Cynthia does the same outcome take place, not the.
Speaker 6: Same score, so twenty nine to twenty three, but Lions take this one.
Speaker 7: We're starting off's strong.
Speaker 6: I rarely like I used to not like picking the Lions, but.
Speaker 7: Now I love it. Let's go Rory. That's the mascot. You're gonna hear it.
Speaker 6: You're all season long. When I'm looking at Jared Goff and what he's done. Okay, sacked on just twelve point nine percent of his pressure dropbacks last season, second lowest race.
Speaker 7: So you got to remember, this is an O line. They returned four starters, maybe the best O line in football.
Speaker 6: That's how I have them ranked, that's how PFF has them ranked, and second highest passer rating when not pressured last season. That's going to continue because you know who's not there, The man who deserves a lot of respects, Aaron Donald.
Speaker 7: But I'm so glad that he.
Speaker 6: Is now on his couch watching with us like a normal thank you for that.
Speaker 5: I like the Lions in this game, too, but I do not like them by as much. I think it's twenty seven twenty three, that's too many points. But when you look at this Lions team, Cynthia mentioned it up front. The offensive line is the offensive line of Daniel Campbell's dreams. I mean, this is it. This is what they've been building towards. Every year they get a little bit better. The offensive line has the continuity, and Jamier Gibbs was great as a rookie. He is going to be even better in year two. It's the best second running back in David Montgomery in the entire league. And yes, I think Gibbs is going to be the true number one. And when you look at under center runs old school football number three in the NFL last year according to Next Gen Stats, the Rams really struggled defending runs in that situation. They have seven new starters. So think of the continuity that the Lions have up front and think of all the new starters. Yeah, the rookies are gonna be good, but they've never played a complete game.
Speaker 4: I don't think they're ready for this.
Speaker 7: Did you do this year? Jared Go?
Speaker 4: You gotta do it, Jared GoF.
Speaker 5: I never thought that would have happened when I was watching him, kind of like get buried by Sean McVay here in LA.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing. It's revenge in multiple aspects. He's good enough for Detroit and he's good enough to get the win for me. But I also agree that four and a half points feels got of rich with the with the Rams coming to town. So I have it twenty eight to twenty five Rams covering, but they're doing so because it's just difficult to watch nine in blue throw the ball and not.
Speaker 3: Pick the Rams.
Speaker 2: In fact, over the course of the week, I'm thinking Rams, Rams Ram. Yeah, good news about Darius Williams. Start to think a little bit harder about this Rams defense.
Speaker 4: Darius Williams changed your pick their foreigner back.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, because you gotta stop Jared's Jared golf. But Cooper cup Pooka Nakua, Matthew Stafford, they're gonna score points.
Speaker 3: They're gonna have to. But also we're all aboard Mimus Away.
Speaker 6: Everybody in Detroit loves Matthew Stafford too, and everybody in Detroit was cheering for Matthew Stafford in the Super Bowl and maybe that carried them to victory. But now you know, thank you for your service. We love you, Matthew Stafford. Glad you don't have Aaron donald sull.
Speaker 2: Best of luck in all your future endeavors other than this one playoff rematch should be fun, but also fun things we haven't seen before, like Kirk Cousins playing for the Atlanta Falcons.
Speaker 3: This was the social.
Speaker 2: Media, just frenzy kirk O chains walking the dirty Birds. Then they'd go on and draft Michael Pennox Junior, who was actually born two years after Jamal Landerson made that dance famous. Funny enough four year, one hundred and eighty million dollar contract. Now, kirk Oh's Falcons playhost to Arthur Smith's revenge Leyden Pittsburgh Steelers. They have some new quarterbacks on their own, Russell Wilson deal with a calf injury.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna kick things off for us here. I like Kirk and Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Nineteen to seventeen because we just talked about the rams and departure of their defensive coordinator comes over and he inherits a defense that was top three in rushing efficiency on the defensive side to counter Arthur Smith. And then we finally get to see Drake London and Kyle Pitts with one of the more accurate passers in the entire league despite playing only eight games last year, if Kirk Cousins had more touchdown passes, the Atlanta Falcons has his entire team this season. I'm going with Kirk and the Falcons, Synthea.
Speaker 6: I like it, and I'm even more convinced than you. I have twenty five to twenty in this matchup. I want to talk about the Atlanta Falcons defense and some things that they did kind of the last minute that really shifted their entire season win totals up. And that's talking about adding to Jesse Bates, the guy who had six interceptions last year, third most.
Speaker 7: In the NFL. Senat A.
Speaker 6: J Terrell, added Justin Simmons, added edge Matthew Judon, plus point two wins to their entire season win total in twenty four hours.
Speaker 7: That's fantastic. And by the way, if.
Speaker 6: Russell Wilson does play, if he's the one that play action, they've got a good play action stopper. Because they allowed eleven touchdowns to play action last year, which was high, and now they've addressed it by bringing in Simmons adding to Bates.
Speaker 7: Come on, you, you don't seem.
Speaker 4: Con it's all exciting, it's.
Speaker 6: Easy new Who wants to be happy?
Speaker 4: No, I want to be right. I'm happy when I'm right.
Speaker 5: I'm going to be right because I'm taking the Steelers of this game. I'm going to play a game of who do you trust? I trust the Pittsburgh Steelers in this game. Let's just go through the other options of who you could trust. You know, put the Steelers tape up, I want to see it. But talk about the Falcons offense. Okay, a guy coming off in Achilles who's been as up and down as anyone. Nope, the Falcons defense couldn't really do anything all of last year. A bunch of new pieces, Nope, Steelers offense, don't really trust them either. I trust these guys, though, TJ. Watt, Alex Heismith, let's throw her big in there. We got Keanu Benton in the middle, we got Cameron Hayward, Like.
Speaker 4: This is who we trust?
Speaker 5: And yeah, I think it's a big deal coming off an Achille for a guy in his mid thirties.
Speaker 4: Everyone's just brushing that aside.
Speaker 5: And Kyle Pitts, Oh, he's gonna be Kyle Pitts again, like he's got an injury already. And then I just ask you this, viewers, who do you trust? Because back to back years I won it, these two didn't.
Speaker 4: Let's do it first.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm all year, just greg it up. Take the Steelers with me.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 7: It's like a political game.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 7: Good for me. I'm Greg just Greg.
Speaker 2: I trust Greg, but I mean I liked I like the Falcons here we're gonna find out looking forward to that.
Speaker 3: We're just getting started here on game debut.
Speaker 2: More games coming up, including Dak and the Boys heading to Cleveland for a date with the Browns, a high powered offense. Now he got CD signed, sealed and delivered, but the Miles Garritton Company might have something to say about that.
Speaker 3: We give our picks. Coming up next, it.
Speaker 2: Is signed from the Drive to Excellence presented by Mercedes Bins. The Cowboys and Browns squaring off in Cleveland in Week one, Dallas coming off three straight.
Speaker 3: Twelve win seasons. They they kick off twenty twenty four with a W grook.
Speaker 5: I say, no, I'm going Browns twenty three, twenty one. I don't take the Browns too often, and I struggled with this pick, but I took the Browns because I thought of Tyler Geitton going up against Miles Garrett and this Browns pass rush. You know what they said about Guyton coming out of college and he look he looked good in training camp in the preseason. They're like, well, he's a raw prospect with a lot of tools. He's gonna need some time to develop. How about week one going up against Miles Garrett and oh yeah, maybe he's a Darius Smith. You throw in the mix too. We got a center that's also a rookie on the offensive line for the Cowboys, Cooper Bebe and I just think Jim Schwartz, and this front is going to present a lot of issues put back under pressure. This was a Cowboys team that didn't have a lot of CD LAMB in the training camp. Maybe this is more of a preseason game for them. They lose it twenty three to twenty. But again, I I have zero confidence and this is one I have to admit.
Speaker 6: This is probably my closest one too, Actually it is. I just remember that twenty three to twenty two is my final score here. But I want to remind everyone that this is a nice revenge game for one Amari Cooper, who we already know led the Browns last season with over twelve hundred yards.
Speaker 7: But by the way, did you know.
Speaker 6: That he ranked second in the NFL in terms of vertical route so corner go po post wheel six and twenty nine and only Tyreek Hill had more yards than him on such routes. Now you have Mike Zimmer on that defense, some defensive pieces have changed. He's less of a single high guy than Dan Quinn, which means better feasting for Amari Cooper averaged over seventeen yards per reception last season.
Speaker 7: I like revenge. Ken Dorsey likes revenge.
Speaker 3: Let's go Yeah, a solid number two.
Speaker 2: I mean, wow, I can't the Dallas Cowboys could have really used a wide receiver like Amaron Cooper in these past couple of years to be on the other side of one CD Lamb, who I don't think forgot how to play football so unlike Greg, I think Cede Lamb's ability is a big part of why I've got the Dallas Cowboys getting to win twenty to seventeen here in this game, because that can get rid of the ball early. And in terms of playing against man coverage, no receiver in the NFL had more success against man coverage than one ced Lamb.
Speaker 3: He had so much production last year. Dallas gets twenty twenty is enough for me.
Speaker 2: I also think Mike Zimmer is gonna fix them, especially in the run game, because we saw Green Bay come in and absolutely run all over Dallas in the playoffs. Dallas still getting punished in the picks for the late postseason loss, But did you guys see the Texans against the Browns that didn't necessarily go that pretty as well? Really looking forward to seeing Dak and the Cowboys come out in this one. But a guy I'm even more excited to watch Sunday is the reigning offensive.
Speaker 3: Rookie of the Year CJ. Stroud.
Speaker 7: C J.
Speaker 3: Stroud electric in his rookie season.
Speaker 2: Early on Week two of last year, he threw for three hundred and seventy four yards but lost greg to Athony Richardson, who was back and healthy.
Speaker 3: How do you see this one going?
Speaker 5: I think the Texans win this game thirty to twenty six. And look on NFL Daily this week, great new podcast, you should check it out.
Speaker 4: Daniel Jeremiah called CJ.
Speaker 5: Stroud similar to Joe Burrow, but maybe even with the better arm. Does that get you excited about c J. Stroud going into his second year? Think about what Joe Burrow did from year one to year two. When you think about the smartest quarterbacks in the league, like, yeah, he was smart last year figuring me out coverages. That's when you take the biggest sleep. I think he can go next level. And yeah again this podcast, by the way, I'm gonna have stars on every week like Patrick Claybot and Cynthia Frieland. They're gonna be improving from year one to year two on the podcast. Game, I don't know what I'm talking about here.
Speaker 7: C J.
Speaker 5: Stroud, that was gonna pick this Colts defense apart, Cynthia. Don't you think he's just got matchup advantages all over the place.
Speaker 6: I actually think he wins the NFL's number one passer award, so the most passing yards is here, So I completely agree with you. And by the way, pod is really great even when I'm not on it, which is obviously a.
Speaker 7: Little better when I'm just kidding.
Speaker 6: But I'm looking at this one and I'm looking at the Colts secondary and you talk about c J. Stroud being an epic passer. The secondary wasn't an area that they addressed. Yes, they have great guys up front. Gus Bradley can get that sack game, going number five in the NFL Bell last season with fifty one four different players who had at least eight different sacks. And they got Leatu Latu in the draft the first defensive player take, but.
Speaker 7: What about the back end of the defense.
Speaker 6: Nico Collins had one hundred and ninety five yards in that matchup against him last year. Pretty big difference here, and I don't know if they've done enough to address it. Whereas I'm very interested to see how a little bit healthier O line from the jump and perhaps a bit of a run game can help both sir.
Speaker 5: For the Texans on that four point, I'm a little worried though, if Patrick goes meme alert here like a boom, really good team that almost beautiful good and she said, don't do it.
Speaker 4: Maybe see you don't do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I won't do it. No, I'm gonna do it. Meme away.
Speaker 2: I've got the Houston Texas winning twenty six to twenty three. Because Cynthia mentioned is kind of like a tale of two types of roster construction and the Colts trying to go through the draft and not necessary and the Texans just shoving Chippy all like, hey, let's go get steff On Diggs, Let's go get Danil Hunter coming off of the edge, and he was top five in pressures last year going opposite Will Anderson.
Speaker 3: It's the Texans defense and Dimiko's.
Speaker 2: Leadership there that helps take this to the point where I'm just I can't pick the Colts at this juncture. Twenty six twenty three, tough road win in the division. Loved the Week one division games are here. Just all in the NFL because that makes it great. Stroud turned heads last season now as one of the front runners for twenty twenty four NFL MVP according to Caesars Sportsbook, who we Know and Love Patrick Mahomes leading the way plus four seventy five looking for number three for him, Josh Allen right behind him, C J. Stroud, Joe Burrow, and then Jalen Hurts at plus fourteen hundred.
Speaker 3: Greg we trust in value the folks at Caesars. Who is your kick to win the.
Speaker 5: Mby I thought I was more creative going Josh Allen. He's number two on the board. It's Josh Allen's here. Sometime it's a narrative award. I think about the twenty twenty two Patrick Mahomes MVP candidacy. I think he got extra credit because they took Tyreek Hill away from him and he was still Patrick Mahomes. You know what's the same about Mahomes and Josh Allen. Not only are they just excell, they have great offensive lines. I think this is the best Bills offensive line that they've had in the Josh Ellen era. I think he has enough weapons. I think he's at the age where his athleticism and his mind have kind of met up and it's gonna be Josh Allen's MVP.
Speaker 3: Well, there we go.
Speaker 2: Other than the MVP kind of taking a slight a narrative award, perhaps we got a delve deeper in that because it's been they haven't had a non quarterback win since twenty twelve.
Speaker 3: Adrian Peterson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tyreek might have had a case last year before the injury. Is it gonna pop off for two point fifty against the Jags? Old Sunday A full preview of Jags Dolphins coming up.
Speaker 3: Right after this quick break.
Speaker 2: Things got away from the Broncos a bit early on last season. It's a big time showdown in the Sunshine State State Championship game Jags and Dolphins. Miami has got a track team on offense. What do you see taking place since?
Speaker 7: Well, I think that continues.
Speaker 6: It picks up right where they left off there of Miami winning this one by five points, twenty seven to twenty two. I want to talk about something we think about with Toua, and we think about those quick passes.
Speaker 7: Yes, it is true.
Speaker 6: Tuoa gets the ball out fastest in the NFL two point three six seconds last season. He also threw for the most yards if you look at how it broke down. He threw to the intermediate range, so ten plus are yards on a quarter of his passes. He also threw to Tyreek Hill in a space, so into open spaces and got him.
Speaker 7: Going at over twenty miles.
Speaker 6: Per hour at the most like seventeen times, which got by the way, the next closest guy only ten times last season. So it wasn't just about getting it out quickly. It was about trusting his receiver and really exploiting all the speed they have on the team. So that just kind of continues because we got the mastermind behind all of it in coach, and we know that he figures out.
Speaker 7: How to make call his players unlock.
Speaker 5: You convinced me Cynthia's got that big number. They're not big, but five points I have it closer.
Speaker 4: This is big.
Speaker 5: I thought they's gonna make a bigger's a tough game. No, it's thirty one to thirty more points in this game. I think it's going to be a total thirty one to thirty, but it's going to be very close between these two teams. I look for the Dolphins to win this game because of what Mike McDaniels is going to put there. Like Week one September, Mike McDaniel is one of the best phenomenons in the league. You know he's gonna break out some new motion that just scrambles the brain of the Jaguars defense. And in a game where yeah, I would just take the points. I think in Week one in general, if you're struggling to pick it, pick the underdog.
Speaker 4: We don't know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 5: I think the Jaguars are gonna be good this year, and yet McDaniel I think provides a coaching advantage.
Speaker 4: One thing to watch.
Speaker 5: You're seeing Devon eh Chan here running the ball, one of the most explosive guys in the league in training camp. Using him a lot more as a receiver. They don't have Odell Beckham. See if a Chan is really involved in the passing.
Speaker 6: So play him in PPR just so here you go oh yeah, play yeah, if you.
Speaker 3: Get him on your roster. We could argue about the ADP.
Speaker 2: Anyway, let's talk about the actual game because I also have the Miami Dolphins here as well, not as many points as Cynthia and Gregor.
Speaker 3: I have the teams cuckoo from the Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 7: I think you're cuckoo?
Speaker 4: Why for you? I well respect Trevor.
Speaker 7: Lee, we love, we love Mike McDaniel, but only one well.
Speaker 3: I also love Joshua Heinz Allen I love.
Speaker 2: I also love the fact that the Dolphins, who just fell apart on defense at the end of the year due to some brutal injuries, one of those being Jalen Phillips with a torn.
Speaker 3: Achilles, practiced in camp playing.
Speaker 2: He's playing in this game, and that's so big for a team that has to replace Vic Fango. The Jags trying to bounce back as well as because Trevor had all of those turnovers last year, but I think getting some talent back. We're waiting to see what happens with Jalen Ramsey as well, but I'll take the Fins with the home field advantage.
Speaker 3: We mean something here. Twenty four, twenty two Finns win. So as we get.
Speaker 2: From that game to some quick picks, let's all take some turns here. The Broncos on the other side of that ballout last year, going up against the Seahawks to start, rookie bow Knicks named the captain starting for Denver.
Speaker 3: What's gonna happen?
Speaker 5: I think bow Knicks is getting taken to the wood shed and his rookie performance thirty to ten, the Seahawks win this game. I'm not a religious fan, but I am praying at the church of Ryan Grubb, the new offensive coordinator and Gino.
Speaker 4: Smith with this group of weapons.
Speaker 5: You thought I was annoying before about you know, this is the best situation he's ever gonna be and I think this is his.
Speaker 4: Career year and they roll Greg.
Speaker 3: The love best with Eugene continues.
Speaker 2: We can't have Greg go all Greg all the time, So I'll let you take the Patriot Cynthia going up against the Bengals, Joe Burrow officially healthy, who do you see winning this?
Speaker 7: And beautiful hairstyle?
Speaker 6: I will say twenty five to seventeen Cincinnati. Everyone's been talking about Jamar Chase, but I want to remind you t Higgins is still there everybody, by the way, last time they met up in twenty twenty two, eight receptions one hundred and twenty eight yards and a receiving touchdown. Not to say that you know they'll pass for the future necessarily in this way, and he did miss some time last year, but I still like the fact that Higgins, like we're all thinking, well, what's gonna happen with you?
Speaker 7: T Higgins just slide right in there, and sorry about that, Greg.
Speaker 5: I hate Look, we all had it closer than eighte half, so that's actually some.
Speaker 3: Eight and a half. It seems like a lot of points. But we all were all meme away on the Cincinnati Bengals, the Raiders Chargers next door so far.
Speaker 2: The Harbor Era officially starts for the Bolts right across the street from us. But I like the Raiders here twenty to seventeen, mainly because Dante Adams was still good last year even when things were horrible at the quarterback position. Yes, it's Gardner Minshew, but it is an upgrade over Jimmy Garoppolo. They've got another option that ain't O'Connell to come back in. But twenty five targets for DeVante last season against the Chargers. That's more targets than he had against the other two divisional opponents, the.
Speaker 3: Chiefs and the Broncos combined.
Speaker 2: I think there's a lot of Davante and I'm just not exactly sure what the options are while outlide for Justin Herbert to.
Speaker 4: Give it to me, give it to us.
Speaker 5: This is the first stray Bahn of the year that just think as it well over here being quiet and we're just saying, okay.
Speaker 7: No, I mean I actually really like this.
Speaker 6: If of the ones that weren't one point games, this is the one that I was like, ooh, the Raiders could come out here and just make it look bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two new coaches in this one, even though the other one finished things out as an interim.
Speaker 3: And oh yeah, we're looking for Titans and Bears. Who's going to score the first touchdown? Odds on favorite is Deandro Swift and then the other RB one Tony Pollard.
Speaker 2: The DJ morri Keenan Allen and Taj Spears at plus one thousands.
Speaker 3: So much hype surrounding Caleb Williams and the Bears.
Speaker 2: The Monsters of the Midway playing host to the Titans in Week one. Does all this energy it loves spill over to a win, Cynthia.
Speaker 4: It does.
Speaker 6: And I would go with Dj Moore on that last thing.
Speaker 7: Let me just show, just so we're clear here.
Speaker 6: I have Chicago winning this one twenty five to eighteen. This is a really interesting test for Caleb Williams because it's a nice way welcome to the NFL moment, because.
Speaker 7: It's not quite the most ferocious.
Speaker 6: Defense he's going to face this season, and of course last year the O line was an issue. They allowed the highest quarterback pressure percentage almost forty five percent last season. Not to say that, you know, there are some things there in strategy and it's different now. However, Williams did lead FBS in passing yards and touchdowns under pressure, and he was also great on extended plays so four or more seconds time to throw. He had like fifteen hundred and forty seven yards and a touchdown on those. So I think this is gonna be great. But let's not call him Patrick Mahomes yet. Just like, let him adjust, give him some time to make some decisions. It's a bubbly playoff team, so it could definitely be a good situation. But which does not saddle him with having to be Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 3: Heels like a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's not call anyone Patrick.
Speaker 5: Let's call Kayleb Williams a winner this week twenty to seventeen. I think it's going to be closer, though, and it's because I like the Titans running game. As my mom once said, one Callahan Brian Callahan, that's good, but two Callahan's Bill Callahan and Brian that's great. And you know what's even better than one great running back, two great running backs, Tony Pollard and Taj Spears. I think the most undervalued coach in the NFL is an offensive line coach. Whenever they get paid that when they're difference makers, it's not enough.
Speaker 4: The Titans have been a disaster upfront for years.
Speaker 5: They bring in a good line coach, they have these two great backs, they sign a great free agent center, they draft J. C. Latham, and suddenly I have a feeling they're going to have an above average running game. I think they keep the score low. I think both teams could run the ball pretty well in this game. I trust the Bears defense more. I think it's a low scoring game, and I think the Titans at least keep it close.
Speaker 2: I agree with all the points you made except one point, and that's the one point that I'm giving the Bears that Greg did not.
Speaker 3: At twenty one seventeen.
Speaker 2: Bears win because, yes, the Titans about all this change, a new era, No Derek Henry, no Mike vrabel.
Speaker 3: L, Jerius Snead comes over.
Speaker 2: But that's just one player, and they need more players to deal with all the talent the Chicago Bears had. Cynthia has DJ Moore getting that first touchdown. He was so good last year, Keenan Allen. People are sleeping on Keenan Allen like he just faded into bolivion, as Mike Tyson said famous last year.
Speaker 3: He didn't. He was very good. And then there's a routine romo Dounza add in Deandrey Swift.
Speaker 2: I think there's just so much to put around this exciting quarterback. And yes, we should temper our excitement because expectations are very high, but they're also very high because he's very good and Kelvin Byard. Kevin Byer gets a revenge game opportunity as well. So the Bears win for this one meme away. Sorry to our producer hythem. He's cringing right now, but we're all we're all on the Bears. It's safe to believe in things.
Speaker 6: Speaks cringing because he's a Bears fan. Need to Mayfair, Yeah, he just he doesn't want to Jan.
Speaker 4: Believe it not.
Speaker 3: They had it right, Davin Greig, because belief is good.
Speaker 2: And so here we got the number two overall pick Jayden new coach Dan Quinn starting things off in Tampa against Baker and the Bucks. Does Jayden's squad pull off the upset Cynthia because right now they're not favored.
Speaker 3: It's three points.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I have more than three points in favor of Tampa Bay. Twenty six to nineteen is my score this one. But I do want to talk about Jaden Daniels because I'm very excited for him. I love forecasting some rookie quarterback numbers, and I have three thousand, eight hundred and seventy two yards for him with twenty touchdowns. I'm just pointing this out because he has at least three three thy twenty five passing yards in sixty eight percent of stimulations. You know, my model is very conservative, so that is.
Speaker 7: A massive number. So if you're looking at what he going to do.
Speaker 6: Why, Well, Cliff Kingsbury's there, and he also led FBS last year in passing yards per attempting yards per carriers.
Speaker 7: Is also going to run the ball really well. We've seen that format for Cliff Kingsbury.
Speaker 6: Jane Daniels, just remember he's going to pass for at least three twenty six yards.
Speaker 5: That would be the best Washington quarterback season since kirkoh was there.
Speaker 2: I think it's worth believing in Jane Daniels. I think dan Quinn brings a lot to the table, but they just need help right now. This team and this roster of the way it's constructed, winning early seems a bit much for me. So I've got Tampa Bay winning twenty to seventeen strictly because of the defense and what they can do, namely one of the best defenders in the entire NFL who gets slept on a little bit.
Speaker 3: Antoine Winfield Junior.
Speaker 2: Had the highest ball hawk rate last year thirty six percent of the time when he was targeted and coverage he got his hands on the football.
Speaker 3: Eleven pass breakups, two picks. It's a lot to overcome.
Speaker 2: I've got Baker and Mike Evans and Chris Godwin being tough twenty to seventeen.
Speaker 3: Bucks win.
Speaker 5: Greg, Okay, I agree with you, but I think it's not gonna be that close. I think the Bucks win twenty seven to fourteen. I think the Bucks have been slept out. I think they're gonna win this division. I think they have a lot more talent than people realize, especially at the wide receiver position. Yeah, Mike Evans is back. He's still awesome. Chris Godwin a little more out of the slot this year. He's awesome. I love their rookie McMillan. Who's gonna be on the outside. You got Trey Palmer. I just think matchup problems are going to exist throughout this Washington defense matching up against these receivers. Dan Quinn loves to play man coverage. Last year the most man coverage of any team in the league. Any defensive coordinator, you play man against these receivers. With who Washington has in the secondary, I just think Tampa's gonna control the ball, control this game, get the win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, again, we're not picking him, but we believe in Jade Daniels and we're not the only one. Let's take a look at the Offensive Rookie of the Year Odds for the twenty twenty four season. You got your quarterbacks one two in the draft, they're one two in the Rookie of the Year Odds Odds Marvin Harerson Junior right after them, Bo Nicks, and then Malik Neighbors at plus twelve hundred. Cynthia, who is your pick to win offensive Rookie?
Speaker 6: Well, A little chalky here because I do actually think it will be Caleb Williams. But one that I want to talk about for a dark horse that really should be up for consideration is Malik Neighbors.
Speaker 7: Why Because I think.
Speaker 6: He's gonna get an insane amount of volume, Like it's gonna be Pooka nakool like. Why Because they don't have a lot of other options. This is a team that really needs to find a stretching the field opportunity. And if you go and watch how he runs routes, if you track the way that he was in preseason, and I know that's not a great proxy, but also last year at LSU, this guy can do that. So while it may not be the odds on favorite, it is a really good opportunity for Melik Neighbors. To just like crush some records here in terms of targets and volume.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I did the thing on NFL dot com where we predict all the awards. I went with Malik Neighbors. Yeah, maybe he's not as likely, but twelve plus twelve hundred I think he could go fourteen hundred yards those Jamar Chase rookie season type of year.
Speaker 2: People may be concerned about Daniel Jones, but as Cynthia mentioned, it's volume. It's volume, an opportunity for Elik Neighbors, who we're all super excited, just.
Speaker 3: Excited about the season.
Speaker 2: How about some odds for the defensive Player of the Year. According to Caesar Sportsbook, Michaeh. Parsons the runaway lead, well, not running that far away from DJ WADA's right behind him. Plus five seventy five Max Crosby, Miles Garrett, Nick Bosa. Sorry, if you cover guys in the secondary, you have to rush the passer to be a favorite for Defensive Player of the Year.
Speaker 3: But maybe according to Greg, who do you have?
Speaker 4: I'm going chalk? I'm going the favorite. It's Michael Parsons.
Speaker 5: Although when you say chalk here it's still plus five to fifty that's great. Michah Parsons is the best pure pass rusher I've ever seen, Like, I don't actually think this is that bold of statement. Last twenty five years, tell me the edge rusher that's better at doing it than Parsons. I think he could have won it in previous years, just hasn't fallen for him. This feels like the year and they'll love that. He's also mixing in some off ball linebacker stuff, so he's versatile and talented.
Speaker 7: I mean, my only problem here is that I'm not sure how.
Speaker 6: Many times that the Cowboys are going to be in situations where they have to face passing late in games. That could be the only thing there, right like, so that could be the only thing that would change it there. But I'm with you on all of the traits that you said that he has. It's fantastic, but sometimes you need like seventeen eighteen sacks for people to really take notice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the opportunity is key, especially because apparently you have to get sacks to win a Defensive Player.
Speaker 3: Of the Year.
Speaker 4: I mean, those guys are the future Hall of Famers.
Speaker 5: What cornerback I don't know, I don't I don't have one that would be it's a lot of good cornerbacks.
Speaker 3: Well only those guys.
Speaker 2: We'll get to it a little over under and we'll start with the Cardinals and Bills.
Speaker 3: As we got our foam fingers.
Speaker 2: That over under is forty seven, and I am projecting a score fest here. I've got twenty eight to twenty seven Arizona fifty five total points.
Speaker 3: I'm taking the Cardinals in an upset, but the over either.
Speaker 5: Way, okay, we should we need to spend more time. I'm going over by the way, I have sixty seven here. Forty to twenty seven is my Yeah, I think that they're this Cardinal defense. I have no love for them right now. I don't think they're talented. Ugh, But like Boo on the produ we should spend more time on. You have the Cardinals beating the Bills.
Speaker 4: That score should be up there. We need we need to do a whole segment question.
Speaker 6: I too, I have a ten point win for the Bills. I'm going to go fast because I want to know, how do you think that the Bills are going to lose to the Cardinals. Patrick claybo that's.
Speaker 4: My survivor pick, though that would be it.
Speaker 2: Two players in the secondary ninety eight percent of the defensive snaps for Poyer as well as Micah Hyde ninety two percent for Micah Hydt. It's just a lot of change, a lot of change, a lot of turnover. Maybe it's going to take some time to figure out this tight end heavy passing offense. How much is key On gonna get involved. I think Kyler runs around a little bit and they score some points.
Speaker 4: Guys, it's Week one, Yes, I give you credit.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the Panthers in the Saints. The over under is forty one and a half. I am taking the under here as both of these offenses didn't really live up to things last year.
Speaker 3: I think it's a slow paced game. New Orleans wins it.
Speaker 5: But the under for me, yeah, I like the under. I like the Saints. I have at seventeen ten Saints.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I just think this is a matchup where the Saints defense knows what they're gonna get in terms of what the Panthers can do, and it's a lot of experienced defenders to Mario Davis, Cameron Jordan, Tyron Matthew think they get it done.
Speaker 6: I agree with you on the winner, but I think that we're gonna have more points here. I have twenty seven to eighteen, which adds up to forty five, which is more than forty one. When I'm looking at this game, I'm just thinking, I think that maybe the Saints with the twenty seven, they're really pulling their end of the value here. So I'm just I think that it's slightly over, not crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we like points. Points are good.
Speaker 2: Last game for over under here the Vikings at the Giants Daniel Jones against Sam Darnold. Over under is forty one, and based on the thing I just said about the quarterbacks, I am taking the under. I've got a very low with twenty seven total points.
Speaker 3: What's the what with?
Speaker 4: Wait, so who do you have winning?
Speaker 5: I've got the Minnesota Vikings, So it's what fourteen to thirteen? That's an insulting score. I at least have it a little more fun. I'm going over Vikings win twenty three to twenty. And yeah, I actually think Sam Darnold's in the best situation he could possibly agree and absolutely good weapons. Daniel Jones, I think the offensive line is a little better for the Giants than he's ever had, so I think we get some points it's a relatively entertaining game.
Speaker 4: It's week one. All the babies are beautiful.
Speaker 6: All the babies are beautiful, But I think Minnesota is a beautiful or baby in this one.
Speaker 7: Twenty two to twenty.
Speaker 6: Do you guys forget that Justin Jefferson souper, Yeah, you guys forget Aaron Jones is now.
Speaker 2: On this team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got it.
Speaker 4: Crazynowns for Justin Jefferson, Like.
Speaker 5: Justin Jefferson is slipping down a nine to ten to eleven. I'm like, this is Justin Jefferson. That's my wide receiver one.
Speaker 3: He's very good. The points are his everything else. I'm not to Super Bowl fifty nine the odds.
Speaker 2: According to Caesars Sports Book, the Kansas City Chiefs are the favorite, followed up by the team they beat in the Super Bowl, followed up by the team they beat in the AFC Championship Game, and then the Lions and the Eagles, the Bengals and the Texans all have to share the Rob Low logo plus thirteen hundred.
Speaker 3: As we get to write this down.
Speaker 2: Here on game debut, the very first one and has this tradiction, we will make it our Super Bowl predictions for Super Bowl fifty nine in beautiful New Orleans, Louisiana.
Speaker 3: Greg, who do you have?
Speaker 5: I cannot wait to be at the Superdome. I have some good news for you, Cynthia that your Lions are gonna make it. They're gonna be in it. But I have some bad news for you too. I'm going off the board we just saw. How are the Buffalo Bills not on this board? There's only two teams in the last five years that have made the playoffs every years, only two teams who've been in the divisional round the last four years. The hardest thing to do in the NFL is consistently win at the highest level. The Bills have done it. I believe this is their year. I believe that the weight of the three peat is gonna be too much for Kansas City. That's some other AFC team where all the best teams are Sorry, Lions are gonna get through. I'm just going with the best quarterback, the best defensive coach. What a fun super Bowl? This would be Bills and Lions, and it just feels like a Bills type of year. As a Patriots fan, I remember sometimes it's the years that they don't see it come in. But as long as you have that coach in that quarterback, you can get it done.
Speaker 6: Well, Patrick, this reasoning is for you because I know you're gonna love it. But I saw that the Eagles were plus thirteen hundred, and thirteen is a really special number for Taylor Swift and she's associated with the Chiefs, So I actually think that it's going to be the Eagles plus thirteen hundred over the Chiefs are thirteen. See, we solved all of it already now because all of the irrational thoughts and momentum it swings to them. But realistically speaking, I picked that before I even knew the odds. But ultimately here to me, the O line missing Jason Kelsey is a huge problem. However, getting Saquon Barkley allows for a lot of new wrinkles and folds in this offense, things we haven't seen before, things that we can figure out.
Speaker 7: Oh, Jalen Hurts can do this now, Okay, great.
Speaker 6: So I think that the Eagles have the team, They have the wins, they have the division to get that buy, et cetera.
Speaker 3: Spicy.
Speaker 2: I just love the fact that we have such a wide range of teams represented because I have two.
Speaker 3: Teams that you guys don't.
Speaker 2: I've got the Green Bay Packers after giving Jordan Love that massive contract, making it to the Super Bowl and falling to the team that could have been in the Super Bowl last year if not for a litany of mistakes, the Baltimore Ravens, who had every opportunity three drives against the Super Bowl champion. Because sometimes the benefit of hindsight, we say this team was always going to win. They had three drives, the last three drives one hundred and sixty yards, got three points out of them. The Chiefs ultimately go on to win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: Trying to kiss up to our new producer, I get it, he's a Packers fan.
Speaker 7: We get it. We see it. Your team beats his team move.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to kiss up to all the people watching. Glad for you to be here with us today, being with us all season, Thanks for watching.
Speaker 3: Game Deview presented by Mercedes Bits.
Speaker 1: NFL Game Review is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.