Speaker 1: You're listening to the Buck Sexton Show podcast, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts. What is going on with Marjorie Taylor Green and Trump? I thought they were also close, but things not as close as they used to be.
Speaker 2: Over there. We will discuss with our friend Ashley Brassfield. She is a.
Speaker 1: Reporter at the Daily Caller in DC, and she knows all the things happening on Capitol Hill, including this one. Is Ashley, good to see you again? What the heck is going on here? There was a time not long ago when MTG she even had the three letter you know, the acronym right aoc MTG. MTG was like the queen of Maga in the House of Representatives.
Speaker 2: And now they're saying mean things about each other. What happened?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the political breakup of the year, I would say, with MTG and President Trump. And yeah, so basically this all started back. I think what a lot of the reporting missing is. We saw a sixty minute interview last night with her, and I think they missed a lot of things. It wasn't just as all of a sudden explosion. It seemed there was things leading up to it. And I did a report on this and we looked into kind of like what happened from the beginning of the administration to now really and so what I found was, you know, we had the cabinet members coming out well MTG as we all know, a huge ally of President Trump. She actually never got an endorsement when she first ran for Congress in Georgia's fourteenth district.
Speaker 4: I'm from that area, so I remember it very well.
Speaker 3: So she kind of left Congress the same way she came in without an endorsement from Trump, I would say, So what happened was, you know, they'd never she never got a cabinet level. She stayed in Congress. She kind of headed the oversights DOGE sub committee, if you remember when all that was going down, cutting all the wais farm abuse, and so we kind of go on and that kind of phases out as Elon exits the administration at the time, and now we're talking about Senate and Georgia, which was a huge race going on right now, and you know, I think it would be wrong. I mean, Marjorie Taylor Green and the state of Georgia. She's the I would say head GOP female voice in the state, so why not consider a Senate race at the time, And from my reporting I found that she would. There was a pulling that came out specifically from some people in the administration or you know, friendlies in that area, and they kind of were trying to guess do her favor, is what I've heard, by showing her a poll saying she was not going to lose in the general election, showing her double digits down.
Speaker 1: So I don't think she was that she was going to lose. They showed her a poll saying you're you're going to get smoked, basically, okay.
Speaker 3: Keep going by double digits, by double digits, is what I'm hearing. So kind of doing a favor there so she doesn't have to get in the race embarrass her. And I think she is seen as quite an ally in Congress. I mean, she's pretty influential voice. You kind of always are seeing, you know, the spat clips of her and Jasmine Crockett going on. They talked about in the sixty eight minute interview, and so you know, I think that kind of was an upset right there a little bit, and that kind of left a.
Speaker 4: Wound in a way.
Speaker 3: So I think that's the first moment that you probably saw, and I don't think it's set well with her. So going on, you know, we saw some separation probably happened in the summertime over major issues started going on different you know, podcasts, whether it be liberal media, conservative media, and so you know, it was kind of I think with immigration was one of the vocal things she was talking about. I mean, Epstein, I don't think we can forget about that. That was what the point was that they were trying to emphasize. Was the breaking point when she signed the Discharge resolution with Thomas Massey, Lauren Bobert, and Nancy Mace. So that was seen as a hostile act and that was directly quoted from the White House at the time. So multiple issues that she separated from the president on. But you know, I talked to a lot of people and this is these are still issues we're talking about right now, and it is a question of Okay, did she see the puck before them admin did on things like affordability, the housing crisis going on the country, and kind of things that gen Z are very you know, hyped upon, and we're seeing some divides in the conservative movement.
Speaker 4: I would say right.
Speaker 1: Now she was, yeah, she I remember she was very fired up over the Epstein file stuff. Yes, yeah, I would she she's I've been big on the Israel committed a genocide in Gaza thing, which yeah, I didn't see that one coming. How did that at any background or any insight on that one that that seemed to catch some of maga, I think by surprise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm glad you brought that up. I did hear. You know, I think some riffs were happening with Mike Johnson. You've seen that, even with the least aphonics, which I've found interesting. But that issue, you know, Congress voted i think about twenty two times on a resolution to you know, take down anti Semitism, and I think there was growing frustration with that because you know, it was just kind of this facade show that oh we just we'd announced anti semitism and nothing was really getting done. So I think there was frustration there that it was continuously in her time in Congress, being brought to the floor, and it was you know, you can denounce it, obviously, but twenty two times I think she was thinking maybe it was overkill, and there was frustration there because of the factors like affordability were not being considered at the time. And I know that's a buzzword for both sides, but I mean we see now President Trump's going on affordability tour, so you know, seeing that Puck I think was the main thing there in that issue. But you know, there was hostility I would say, with the Speaker and that really came to it, and with President Trump and her fighting. And also I think another factor that's misguided here was the fact, you know, she would take shots at White House staff, and to a certain extent, she could continue to do that, not taking a direct shot at President Trump. But you know, these are people around the president. And also when it comes to deals like Argentino for specifically, you know, you can't criticize Justice staff when he's the one that's you know, his thing is negotiating.
Speaker 1: I would say, yeah, I mean, you've got now the president, this is this is for the New York Post that a demanding an apology from sixty minutes and also very upset with so that's over the Hunter Biden laptop, which that has not his positioning on that certainly hasn't changed, and fumed about outgoing GOP Rep. Margie Taylor Green and called her a trader. In a truth social ran, he wrote, the only reason Marjorie Trader Brown Green turns brown what under stress went bad all caps is that she was jilted by the President of the United States. Certainly not the first time she has been jilted. I actually didn't see this until you came, dear.
Speaker 2: Wow. Trump is very unhappy.
Speaker 4: With her, very unhappy.
Speaker 3: You know. I think everybody was expecting, you know, this few to kind of come to an and eventually and I'm not sure you know, there's bad blood there. We saw Elon and him kind of make up in ways. But you know, I mean, Marjorie Taylor Green, she supported Trump when he really didn't support her. So I think it is kind of a feeling of us being scorn in a lot of ways. And just kind of to give you some insight, I think there is She's made some comments specifically at you know, men and saying, you know that they're weak men, and she won't say direct names. There's just a bunch of weak men in Congress. But you know, to frame it as well, for the state of Georgia, you have Governor Brian Kimp at the time, especially after the twenty twenty election where you saw Trump and him feuding, and Marjorie Taylor Green took Trump's side on that. So I don't think she's made a bunch of friends with people like Governor Kemp and even others that are in Congress that kind of have tried to get their way in Georgia.
Speaker 4: I don't think she's friends with a lot of them.
Speaker 3: So I think she's taking shots in that in and I don't know how good a messaging that is, but I mean that's a factor as well. I think it was a culmination of things that wasn't simply Jeffrey Epstein and it blew up like that.
Speaker 1: Wait to come back here and talk about something else on the political scene that I think it's going to be getting a lot of attention, Ashley, and that is that it looks like Jasmine Crockett it's gonna be running for Senate.
Speaker 2: That has come out today.
Speaker 1: So this is something that we shall be talking about here momentarily. But in the meantime, our sponsor's Hillsdale College. Hillsdale College, it's fantastic They've got all these amazing courses online you can take for free that cover a whole range of topic. Forty plus online free online courses. We've got a course on C. S. Lewis, the Book of Genesis, the Rise and Fall of the Roman Republic. But some of the stuff that's most well known are their courses on the American Founding, the Constitution. This is great stuff for anybody, honestly, for those of you who are homeschooling. You've got kids that you want to know more, or you yourself want to brush up. Go online now to Hillsdale dot edu slash buck to enroll. That's Hillsdale dot edu slash buck, no cost, easy to get started, Hillsdale dot edu slash buck. Check out these free online courses from Hillsdale College. It is great stuff, all right, Ashley. Jasmine Crockett is seriously thinking that she is going to be able to run for Senate and people might vote for her. Tell me more about this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, this is the state of Texas we're talking about.
Speaker 3: And it makes me laugh because I think the only one they thought had a chance was Beto Arouric, And now you have kind of Jasmin Crockett who's a very vocal voice in Congress. I think you would equate her into the AOC bubble if anything, and talk about two people that spat a lot was Marjorie Taylor Green and Josmin Crockett. But you know, she's got this, she puts on these you know, kind of facades. I feel like a lot of the time, you know, whether whatever room she's in, you know, I think if she's talking to a group of you know, African American, she kind of puts on this sassy aspect about her and kind of tries to appeal for them. But she I think her education, if I'm correct, is a lot of higher up education. I don't think she came from a poor background to say the least.
Speaker 1: So it's fancy, a fancy private school is what you're referring to.
Speaker 3: Yes, and of course law school as well, so that's not that's not cheap either. So it's a little confusing to me how she would appeal to voters in Texas and specifically where it's a very red state. In my opinion, I think if you want to look at a Canada, that might be a little bit more risky as this James Talerico individual from the Democrat side. I think he's tried to become a preacher, and he's I think from Austin area.
Speaker 4: He's a state legislator or state senator.
Speaker 3: He was on Joe Rogan and I could tell from that interview I kind of read it really soon after. I was like, he's going to try and make a bit himself. So she's got to go up in the primary against tech types like him. You know, he's a white male, tries to say that he's, you know, going to be a preacher. He's got some stuff come out interesting enough about following only fans models, so it's it's an interesting group.
Speaker 1: He goes the guy that got Della free, following the only fans.
Speaker 2: Models or whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't know if bottles is even really the word, but yeah, wow, okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, creators whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, only fans something or others. That is a remarkable.
Speaker 2: State of affairs.
Speaker 3: But anyway, another funny, another funny thing about Jasmine Crockett. You have to remember too, her most recent uh I guess you know, mistake in the media was her talking about Lee Zelden getting a contribution from Jeffrey Epstein. But it was actually a doctor Jeffrey Epstein in New York City. So that's what we're dealing with Jasmin Crockett, and you know, trying to double down of oh, we got to figure out who this guy is instead of just saying I've got it wrong. You know.
Speaker 4: So that's the type of person Jasmin Crockett is.
Speaker 1: Well, you know that when she when she got caught and and everyone realized that this was I spent a good chunk of time on radio talking about that story.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you reminded me of it.
Speaker 1: I went I went back and I was finding, well, how what's the cleanup that she's going to do on this?
Speaker 2: It'd be like, usually be all my staff, right, as my staff.
Speaker 1: She did throw the staff under the bus a little bit, but then she did I didn't say it was that, Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 2: She actually pulled. She actually pulled the I said, Jeffrey, yeah, it's not wrong.
Speaker 3: Yes, And she always throws her staff under the bus. I mean, these are the people that have to carry her purse around. So in Congress, it's kind of well known within the Hill that she's kind of got that personality about her. But yeah, I don't think it's gonna sit well with Texas voters. I mean it's a red state, and I know people worried about after a bunch of Californians, you know, moved there after COVID that it was going to turn blue.
Speaker 4: Well not even Beto or it can make it turn blue. So you know, what is it? What are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: You know there's a famous line in now that you're way too.
Speaker 1: Young for this, But some of our listeners on what I'm talking about the show Cheers where they have the guy Cliff says he's on Jeopardy and they ask and that the line is they're trying to find out who the people are, Like he's you know what the answer is, and he goes, three people who have never been in my kitchen?
Speaker 2: Is his answer technically true? Right? It's like, who are the signers of the Declaration of independence? Three people who have never been in my kitchen? You know.
Speaker 1: It's like Jasmine Krackton went with the you know, I did say it was Jeffrey Epstein and there is a doctor Jeffrey Epstein. So she had she had that going for her, which is nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can help, but cringe. I mean, you have to you have the two primaries you have.
Speaker 4: To worry about.
Speaker 3: There's so many things happening in states all over the place. But even on the Republican side, you have corn and Paxton and Wesley Hunt dueling it out on that side. So I think that will be interesting. And even if she can survive the primary in Texas, that's I guess.
Speaker 1: My next question are you are you following this Indiana redistricting thing at all or is this too boring for you?
Speaker 3: No? I am. I know that the Republicans have about seven seats, the two seats are Democrats, and we're.
Speaker 2: Looking hold on, we're gonna come let's come back, and let's come back.
Speaker 1: You can tell everybody, because I get people sending me, particularly Indiana listeners, who are angry. They're like, what are you gonna do about this? Well, first of all, I don't know what I can do about this, but they're very upsetting.
Speaker 2: Something do something, Buck.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I will try, but we'll come back and we'll do that. We'll talk about that a second. Our sponsor is Paradigm Press. If you've been listening to me for a while, you know I don't just talk politics. I break down what it means for your life and even sometimes for your money. That's why I launch Money in Power. It's an independent venture, totally separate from what I do on radio. Here in the podcast, and I take everything that I know about politics and teamed up with a fantastic group of analysts who look at the markets and stocks and we make predictions and we have a portfolio. And you've trusted me for years to tell you the truth. Now I want you to stay inform, stay prepared, stay ahead, and find out ways to make money doing it. Join Money in Power today eighty two percent off the regular price. Go to join buck dot com. Very easy website Join buck dot com paid for by Paradigm Press. Okay Ashley, Indiana.
Speaker 2: Here, here's what's going on.
Speaker 1: State Senate GOP leader Roderick Bray mollified his stance on the likelihood of his caucus approving the new maps, so he has reiterated his opposition. Why is it that all this is the question I get, and you can try to help me answer this. Why is it that when Republicans can do things that will help Republicans, they find ways to be like, no, that's mean to the Democrats, Like why wouldn't they just be a district to the maximum GOP advantage?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think I did a piece on this a while back, you know, when it was specifically talking about the Prop fifty going on in California as a I guess a newsom trying to battle back against Texas is what he says. But I think historically Democrats have used an advantage. I mean, you look at Illinois with Pritzker, and we saw that being a big issue during that fight itself.
Speaker 4: But I think you're right.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is going directly against what President Trump wants, and so they're taking a lot of heat from it, is what I'm seeing. But you know, Indiana has seven Republicans to Democrats. These two Democrat districts, I believe it's splitting Indianapolis if I can remember correctly, into four segments, and that's kind of the blue district.
Speaker 4: That they're worried about. But I guess what are the listeners.
Speaker 3: I want to ask you, what are they so angry about, I mean, against the state leader's stance going against it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just feel like they feel like when you brought up Illinois, for example, you look at that map and it's laughable, right. I mean, it's just meant to be. They're just doing whatever they can. But somehow Republicans, when they have a clear field, they have the clear advantage, they're like, well, we don't want to do too much of what the Democrats do when it comes to redistricting. And I think people get pretty ticked off, especially when that's happening in red states, like those of us who are fighting it out in purple states. So the Florida's pretty red now fight it out in purple states, feel like, if only we could do that here. So I think there's just a frustration that some people don't understand what time it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's this I guess establishment thought process is my thought on it, I guess, and I agree.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 3: I mean, you had people like a former attorney general for Obama go to places like Alabama to fight a battle like this, and a lot of people don't remember that. But I mean, if you are looking at you're looking at the House that's kind of on teetering right now, read going into the twenty twenty six election due to retirements, special elections going on.
Speaker 4: So I mean this is the time.
Speaker 3: To you know, for Republicans to get ahead in this sense and to do what needs to be done on their end. I mean, Democrats have set the standard in the precedent in my opinion, in this case.
Speaker 4: So I mean you're right.
Speaker 3: I think there is an issue when you know state Republicans don't want to put their best foot forward and make the change. And I mean, I can understand why Republican voters are have an issue with this.
Speaker 1: But it's always the case that some of some of the worst Republicans. And I actually will credit my friend Jesse Kelly with constantly pounding this drum some of the worst Republicans.
Speaker 2: You get an elected officer.
Speaker 1: In the reddest states, Yeah, you see Utah, Wyoming. They give us these Republicans and you go way second, this is.
Speaker 2: What the voters wanted in your state.
Speaker 1: But I think it's just it's easy to get complacent and lazy when everyone around you is also a Republican.
Speaker 3: Well make it a point too, to realize, you know, these are the people you're putting in an elected office. I mean, you got to understand the type of people that you're electing. And I say this all the time. I have a mug that says this smug works harder than Congress. And I mean it's the people that you're putting into Congress that you have to worry about and the type of people if they're going to get things done, and how they're going to act when they get up to DC. And I think that's a high standard to hold because I mean it's a place where it's a swamp and it will kind of engal for you if you're not careful. So having a higher standard for the people you're putting in office, and that goes for state office, I think as well. But you know, the voters have to be more vocal about it. And you know, we talked about this too with the legal immigrants voting with the census. I believe jd Vance brought this up in an interview with Joe Rogan, and that's a huge issue itself too, where you know, the headcount within houses that are counting legal immigrants. I mean, that's an issue that Republicans could be fixing right now so it's not a repeat in the future.
Speaker 1: And yet Republicans sometimes you wonder do they even want to win that?
Speaker 2: That's a question I get for people all the time. I'm like, h depends on when you have.
Speaker 4: Well, and that's that. I mean, what are Democrats doing right now?
Speaker 3: Right? And they're just kind of you know, the parties in fighting currently with Republicans. I don't think Democrats. I think they have their own war going on with between the establishment and progressive types. I think we've talked about Grand Planner and May and you know Chuck Schumer, the establishments types. They have their own battle going on right now, the campus side, which one they want to endorse, like Mom Donnie, the more socialist type, or the more establishment type like Chuck Schumer.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: Our final sponsor is Preborn and they do amazing work. This nonprofit has saved over three hundred and fifty thousand babies lives. And what they do at these preborn clinics they welcome in pregnant moms who are scared, who have a crisis decision to make. Here because it's an unplanned pregnancy. We're getting pressure to perhaps go to a planned parenthood clinic, and instead Preborn says, let's just take a moment, take a beat, and let you meet your baby through ultrasound. And this is all done with tax deductible donations from the pro life community. Twenty eight dollars from any of you listening today would help one of these moms get that ultrasound, which can save lives, has saved three hundred and fifty thousand lives to date. Your gift of twenty eight dollars a month makes all the difference for twenty eight dollars just one time this holiday season. Whatever you can donate, whatever you can spare, Preborn is saving lives. Dial pound two five zero, say the keyword baby. That's pound two five zero, say baby, or donate securely at preborn dot com, slash buck preborn dot com, slash buc k sponsored by Preborn Ashley Brassfield always fantastic. Where can people go to follow your work? See what you're up to with the caller?
Speaker 3: Yeah on Daily Caller website at Ashley Brassfield and then on x Brassfield Ashley and then Instagram Ashley E.
Speaker 4: Brassfield.
Speaker 2: Fantastic. Thanks so much