Speaker 1: Second date updated, Brooke, have you ever been straight up rejected for a kiss before?
Speaker 2: Oh? I'm sure.
Speaker 1: I mean, besides what just happened in the break room two minutes ago, reached for the I'm talking about in a like a date or a shady dive bar scenario. You never been shot down.
Speaker 2: I can't remember being shut down. I feel like men are always like, whether they like you or not, they're up for a makeout session.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's true. We have very low standing. Yeah, and that's why one of our listeners, Brittany, is feeling very confused because, according to her email, her night out ended with her lipstick completely unsmeared by kissing. So let's talk to her. Brittany, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Hi, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: You're welcome.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't think it's a bad thing. I mean, my husband was pretty prude when we first met.
Speaker 1: Now he's i mean total free.
Speaker 2: Yeah we didn't we kiss right away, but we didn't do anything else for a long time.
Speaker 1: We'll get to the kiss eventually, but let's start at the very beginning. Who's the guy that you met?
Speaker 2: Oh? His name is Ryan, Ryan, Okay, and I'm just guessing you met him on a n app Is that true?
Speaker 3: As you know.
Speaker 2: On the show?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Would you like about him?
Speaker 3: Well, he wasn't holding a fish, that was a big green flag. Also, I noticed he volunteers with kids. That was one of his pictures and I do too, And.
Speaker 2: So what did you guys do for your date?
Speaker 3: So we ended up went to a bar, and so when we're at the bar, you know, we're trying to make conversations. And the cool thing about this bar is they've got a whole wall of board games that you can play.
Speaker 1: Because kids get to go to that bar too.
Speaker 2: I think it's because adults like to play board games as well.
Speaker 1: Oh really, it was a bar last night.
Speaker 2: I connect four.
Speaker 1: These are adult places, So that's okay, that's interesting. So you played some board games with him?
Speaker 3: We did, and my favorite is scrabble. That's probably controversial. People think it's I like it.
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's a very romantic game to play with each other. Really, I mean, yeah, I guess it does depend on what you're spelling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: It's kind of funny you say that, because my idea was to kind of mix it up, and I came up with dirty scrabble.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I'm interested. What is dirty scrab What are the rules here?
Speaker 3: You're only allowed to say or spell kind of naughty words like nothing crazy but okay, like lick or slap. I think he played slap at one point. Issues probably just daddy a lot of points.
Speaker 2: That sounds so funist.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it was so fun, like it totally set the mood. We were drinking and we talked about family life like it was I mean, laughed the whole time, like it was honestly so fun.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, I get while you were confused you didn't get a kiss because like you're you're spelling naughty words, you are drinking.
Speaker 1: Can you tell us, like, can you bring us to that moment when you thought the kiss was gonna happen?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so was the end of our date, you know, when I was feeling very comfortable because we had obviously talked.
Speaker 4: About all sorts of things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a pretty confident person. And before I left, they said something along the lines of like, oh, are you really going to leave here without kissing me?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Is that nice?
Speaker 2: Oh? I think it's really nice.
Speaker 1: It just like opens the window they do it. But the tone of it is like, Oh, really, dummy, you're really going to leave here with not without making a move on me?
Speaker 2: Everything? Is it insult like you think so? Personally she's just being flirty disappoint you.
Speaker 1: But I mean it is just it is a little bit forward and some guys can be taken back by that. How did he react? Uh?
Speaker 3: He got kind of weird. He said, I'm not sure if that's.
Speaker 4: A good idea.
Speaker 2: Oh that's not a good response. I mean, like what was going through your head?
Speaker 3: I mean I I kind of brushed it off, like I tried to maintain my confidence and I wasn't going to press him.
Speaker 2: That's not good.
Speaker 1: Is everybody else in the room thinking what? I'm thinking? That he had some kind of disease or like some cold sore going on. They be covered up with makeup. Sorry, my head immediately, Well, why else would he turn her down if they had such a great time.
Speaker 2: Because it wasn't attracted to her? I mean, is that the exactly you could be super beautiful and not be attractive to someone. How did you take it? How did you take it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the most important.
Speaker 3: I'm usually pretty positive. So I thought, Okay, maybe he's thought I was too tipsy and and he wanted, you know, and he gave me a hug.
Speaker 2: I like that angle better. That's much kinder than mine. I apologize.
Speaker 1: But then now he's not calling you back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why I'm here because I'm like, I'm just confused.
Speaker 1: Now, that's what real gentlemen do.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, go for years and yeah, so much respect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's just waiting for you to sober up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sober now while to.
Speaker 1: Respond there, So that's good.
Speaker 2: She thought about it, you did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a clear mind, and that's what we need when we come back and we call Ryan for you and try and get you your second date update.
Speaker 3: All right, okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: Hold on second date update.
Speaker 2: You're in the middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you here. Part two.
Speaker 1: We just learned a new twist on the board game Scrabble thanks to our listener Brittany and her game.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I playing liter at home.
Speaker 1: Because because it's called dirty scrabble, where you only put down suggestive and flirtatious words to really set the mood moist. Mama's mancakes.
Speaker 2: Oh kay, is a good letter to play.
Speaker 4: Score.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but if you can get a Zaddy in there, that z is going to get you.
Speaker 1: Places triple word score. Yeah, that one, one thousand and forty two points for Jeffy.
Speaker 2: I don't think you ever scored scrabble in your life.
Speaker 1: Don't play with me. Bro got too many naughty words up in this melon? Okay, melons, there's another one and another forty points, but you've used all yours. Even though dirty Scrabble went great that night, the first kiss did not know, In fact, it didn't even happen because her date, Ryan said, I don't know if this is a good idea.
Speaker 2: He said, it's not a good idea. There's no question about it.
Speaker 1: Which is weird because I think every single one of us in this room would have it's you in that moment, that's right.
Speaker 2: I think she also just turned us down, so which is fine.
Speaker 1: You don't think that's a very good idea.
Speaker 3: Listen, I'm I'm kind of lonely, so all.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, I'm not going to put that information out. When we call Ryan, I'm just going to ask him why it's not calling you back.
Speaker 3: All right, that's probably a good idea.
Speaker 1: And then I'll offered a group kiss at the end. He says, yes, but let's do it. Here we go. Hello, Hey, I'm looking for Ryan. Yeah, and sorry, not just me, an entire room of people is looking for you, Jeffrey Morning Showy.
Speaker 4: Did I win something?
Speaker 2: Well, you may kind of, yeah, I mean it's your lucky day. Somebody likes you, nobody, jeff.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: We're doing a segment on the show Ryan called Second Date Update. It's where we reach out to people who've gone on dates recently to try and figure out why there hasn't been a second date yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the person that is interested in them reached out to us.
Speaker 1: Right, And the person who reached out to us is Brittany.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you guys had such a fun night from what she said.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it was it was it was yeah, she was the date.
Speaker 2: It was a day day.
Speaker 1: We heard you played board games. Some people love them, some people don't, see Ryan, that's how it works. She calls and tells us about the date that you went on, so that we get a little bit of the background information, and then we go to you to see if you can fill in some of the blanks for us.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, well what did she say about the date?
Speaker 1: She mentioned going to a bar playing scrabble with a little little bit of twist on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was that was great? What else does she say?
Speaker 2: That was kind of just you guys laughed a lot.
Speaker 1: She said that a lot of laughing, a lot of joking around and sharing happy memories.
Speaker 4: I think, uh huh, Well did she say anything like about me, like about what i'd like look like or whatever, like what you look like?
Speaker 2: She said she actually didn't mention anything at all. We just kind of assumed that she was attracted to since she wanted to kiss you.
Speaker 1: Yea, why you No, No, dude, I'm I'm not gonna call her back. What's going on, man, We're trying to help Brittany out to get some answers here.
Speaker 4: Well there were dude, that's weird. We like weird yea, yeah, well this is different.
Speaker 1: Okay, try us.
Speaker 4: You know, we're just like talking and stuff. And she keeps like looking at me and like smiling. I small back, and she was like, it's crazy. You just looked so much like my brother.
Speaker 1: Oh that's not what I thought was gonna happen. Please don't tell me. That's when she was like, kiss me, you fool.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no. She asked about the kiss at the end of the day. But I just could not get tap out of my head, Like I was literally like, what do you want to kitch your brother right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like, oh man, maybe you're just like a generic looking dude. You know, I'm just trying to give her any benefit.
Speaker 1: Of the doubt, and of course tries to normalize.
Speaker 2: I'm not tried.
Speaker 1: She just seen that guys at the store, and now you.
Speaker 2: Everyone looks like it's a bit.
Speaker 1: Look Ryan, we we hadn't heard that part of the story obviously, Yeah, of course, and uh yeah we should be asking, though, Brittany about it. Is on the other line right now and she wants to talk to you, Brittany, talk to your brother look alike.
Speaker 3: Oh no, oh my gosh, she's on the phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's how the segment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, okay, I totally forgot that that happened, Like that wasn't even on my radar, Like that was just some random comment.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you're saying, you admit he does look like your brother.
Speaker 2: Oh, or you were trying to be funny, No.
Speaker 3: He no, and it is funny. It's just a compliment because my brother is very good looking. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay, you're saying your brother is good looking, brother's hot, and I do look like him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's a good thing because he's a good looking person. You're both good looking people. It's not like you said, oh, you have the same hot body as my brother.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's what she means. You're not attracted to your brother.
Speaker 4: She just said he has a body and he's hot.
Speaker 3: You don't think I just need to clear things out, Okay, please, Yeah, my brother is veryvery good looking. He has a very hot body. That's what is that. So do you and so it's a compliment, you know what I mean, the compliment.
Speaker 5: I know you're saying I look like him, but you're saying your brother has a hot body.
Speaker 4: Is your brother's hotter than me? His body's hotterer than me?
Speaker 2: Competition?
Speaker 3: Wow, this is give me a break, you guys call it.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Never said I'm attracted to my brother, not once. I'm just saying he has good physical attributes, that's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I mean, they've done all sorts of scientific research that say, you end up like liking people that look kind of like you, and her and her brothers share the same genetics.
Speaker 1: And I bet her brother doesn't play dirty scrabble as good as you play.
Speaker 3: Oh god, that's gross, you guys. I've never played dirty scrabble with my brother.
Speaker 1: There's something that you have that her brother doesn't. Alright, I just told us you guys got on the phone. She's playing with family. But if you really want to stick it to Brittaney's brother, then you should go out on a date with her. It sounds like she wants to stick it to her, and that way you can make Brittany's brother jealous. It's already been sold. I say, Ryan, we're gonna pay for that date if you go out with her.
Speaker 3: Okay, before you make up your mind, listen, I'm not attracted to my brother. Let's just be super clear about that. I thought that we had a great time together. I'm sorry there was a misunderstanding. And if you can just look past my hot body brother comments, she's been.
Speaker 2: Such a good sport about all of this too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, I'll do it, but under one condition. We have to just pretend that this never happened.
Speaker 5: No jokes about it, no whatever, We're just moving past it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm so glad, he said, And I thought he was going to say, three somes, Ryan, you're my art. Not a successful second date.
Speaker 2: Yah and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Definitely one of the more unusual second date calls we've had. You know what. It worked and now both Brittany and Ryan are back on the phone to give us an update. Update.
Speaker 2: Your brother isn't here too.
Speaker 1: I don't know Brittany, Ryan, how you guys doing?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? All I want to know is one are you still dating? And two? Have you met the brother? Those are the only two things.
Speaker 1: I want to know.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, we're still dating. Things are going really good. Actually that's been a while. Yeah, we actually it was last month. We've been together.
Speaker 2: Okay, we are making relationships like real ones happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good for us. I'm proud of us. I mean, I mean, I'm happy for you guys. But Ryan, how has it been for you?
Speaker 4: Man? It's been good? And I did I did meet her brother?
Speaker 2: Oh god, oh God, tell me were you nervous? I'm always nervous to meet someone that people say I look like, because then I'm always a little disappointed.
Speaker 4: Well, I wasn't nervous until I met him, but then, like when I met him, I mean, he's she's so, he's so attractive.
Speaker 2: Yeah good?
Speaker 1: Is that weird to hear Ryan say that, Brittany.
Speaker 3: No, I told him, I literally told him.
Speaker 1: So, okay, I think it makes it better.
Speaker 2: Are you guys cool, Ryan?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, obviously. I mean I guess kind of nervous throughout them, but like he's so cool.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, every ties the brother, Yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we all get along and he actually my brother was wanting to move in with us his apartment leases up, but we talked about it. Ryan and I we decided that probably wasn't a good call. But yeah, I mean, we don't get along.
Speaker 2: You both be too distracted by his looks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it just wasn't probably the right move for us. And we are a very cute couple obviously, but I wouldn't say we're both crazy good looking or anything like that. So I don't know if the energy would be weird.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Yeah, you're saying we're not or I'm not.
Speaker 3: I said we're not crazy looking, Britney, You're very good looking honey, obviously, but you're not like my brother's.
Speaker 5: Level good looking. You know that, there's like literally nobody is though it's not even.
Speaker 1: Statue looks pretty similar.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, this has been more of an update on Britney's brother than it has been on their relationship. But I'm really happy for you guys. It sounds like you're all copacetic. Yeah, tell your brother what's up for us. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.