Speaker 1: The WNBA and baseball are heating up, and with tennis, Slams and major golf tournaments on the horizon, you can make all your picks with all these events and more all summer long on Prize Picks, America's number one sports SAPs pick. We got soccer going on too, the entire summer of soccers on Prize Picks, all forty eight countries in every matchup, and if you rep your side during the tournament on Prize Picks, you can win a trip to the final in New York. It's the biggest tournament ever, which means there's more opportunities for you to cash in while you root for your favorite national side and global soccer stars. Download the app today and use the code Debo Joe to get fifty dollars instantly in lineups when you play your first five dollars. That code is Debo Joe for fifty dollars instantly in lineups when you play your first five dollars lineup. Prize Picks a preferred partner of the NBA. Hey, welcome back to this so the Depo and Joe. I'm your host, James Deebo Harrison, I'm here with my co host Joe Hayden, please make sure you're like subscribing download where you get your show.
Speaker 2: How you doing.
Speaker 3: Today, Joe, brother Deebo, I am doing great. I'm super excited because you know, we had yesterday last night to watch. We had Joe, we had football americanos.
Speaker 1: Americano football that real football football, real football baby over there at the Hall of Fame game. We had Carolina and the air. We had Carolina and the Arizona Cardinals. They went on head played over their Hall of Fame game and what's the dude's name, King, the quarterback the Panthers.
Speaker 2: That's he went on there, and then they had King. I gotta get through here, I gotta get through here.
Speaker 1: I think he might have got a little bit of something in that back too, but they lift him up so fast. I couldn't tell you know what I'm saying. Hey, alright, look here, bro. I watched the first all four quarters, and.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna tell you something.
Speaker 1: The little transition they had where they were like, you know, they were putting the ball, they were penting each other back and then I think the one dude from Ah it was only he had like a he had a Pi to get them out of a sticky situation. Then the other dude, he just got beat on a double move and they ended up scoring on that one. But Bruh Back Bright, I didn't look that good, Like I didn't think. I didn't think it was gonna go to that smooth for him, for Carson Back or Carson Back. Bro Carson Back looked smooth. Carson Beck looked great.
Speaker 2: King.
Speaker 3: I love the way that he was able to, you know what I'm saying, use his feet. The thing was too devo. You know how these early preseason games go. They're running the full backs, tight ends, they're switching releases.
Speaker 2: My man, King is giving what the defense it offers.
Speaker 3: He's having people wide open, hitting wide open, receivers hitting wide of them, full backs, running backs out the backfield.
Speaker 2: So that was good.
Speaker 3: But with Carson Back, what I was looking at. Did you see all them damn double moves? He was hitting in people with them damn DB's. The receivers was running, stopping goals, smooth on them. Carson Backs throwing on the dime on his third touchdown. He could have had three in a row, but he dropped it. You know what I'm saying, Which made them have the punt. But Carson back looked really really good to me. The dbs, you gotta stay on top, they asked, was getting double moves so bad? But that's what you see doing these.
Speaker 1: Earth Joe, you cut out, baby, you cut out where you go, buddy, Joda, we done lost, Joe. Look here, man. What Joe is talking about, brother, is that Carson Beak went out there and he shined. We understand that this is a preseason game, but the man went fifteen and nineteen one hundred eighty eight yards, one touchdown, and of that it was two guys that dropped balls that was catchable, so he could have been seventeen or nineteen. Like, two of them were sacks. One was an actual like incompletion and that could be receiver not paying attention because dude ain't look he ain't looked back fast enough. He was more one of those timing routes. You got to get it out there. I mean like, he looked good. Like again, it's just preseason, but his dude, his accuracy was on point. His pocket awareness was their decision making, was their placement of the ball. Everything like, he just looked good like. I did not think he was gonna come out. That's smooth. I mean, what is he twenty thirty? I'm twenty something high? He high twenties or mid twenty something like that for a rookie that's got of old, twenty four, twenty five something like that.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm I'm gassing with thirty. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying, he got a lot on time in my bad so he can see what's going.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 1: You bad.
Speaker 2: I hear your boys. I hear your boys. I don't see you yet, though. That's my bad. I got you now, I got you. Now, there you go. There you go, Joe, go ahead, baby.
Speaker 1: I was just telling him how that boy back went fifteen or nineteen, and two of them times he was sad. Two of them the boys dropped two balls, and the one time dude turned around fast enough. I think he might be able to get that. But you know, that's a time you think, what what were you? What were you most surprised by in that game? To be honest with you, I mean back with me.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: Like I'm thinking third round. That's might that might be distilled the draft right now? If he able to continue that, bro, you know we happy. I was happy. I just wanted to see anybody out there playing football. You know, if you want to hit the job trying to get a defense. You know, you know what de Bo, we wanted to see anybody play. I'm a fan here nor there, but Carson back seeing him be played in Miami quarterback.
Speaker 2: He wants to get a chance to go out there and play.
Speaker 3: So being able to see him throw the ball accurately down the field, you know what I'm saying. You know, we like seeing this thinking dunks and all of that, but if you got an option, if you have dudes running fade balls or hitting them with double moves on the outside and you can make that pass, I love to see it. So you know there's going to be growth fifteen for nineteen. He's not panicking, he was super controlled. Wasn't just throwing a radic pass. So you just love to see that. As early in the season you got young dudes out there, the defense you're not getting You're not beating dudes on double moves like that. When it's the starters, there's going to be more contexting passes, more windows, but just being able to see you you're playing, who's.
Speaker 2: We're grading him on who he's going against.
Speaker 3: So at the end of the day, love what I saw because you're beating this competition. So now being able to go against the starters, you get your ones going out there they didn't have to start and running back.
Speaker 2: Love you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: The first round pick, we didn't get to go see him play because the main thing is you want to get.
Speaker 2: To the season.
Speaker 3: So if they have four preseason games, the Hall of Fame game is the early ones, so where the younger guys want to get a lot more playtime, They're going to get a lot more chances to get out there and study their tape and see what they can do. So just football in general, it was good to see. And I love when you're playing. If you're Carson back and you feel like you can be a starting quarterback in the National Football League, you dominate when you play in those type of preseason games with a lot of dudes that really may not even make the roster.
Speaker 2: So he did what he was supposed to do. That's crazy, yo, you're kind of diminishing it a little bit. You know, he.
Speaker 3: Not diminishing it, but you can't get too now he's not the Hall of Fame's I'm not inducting the man. I'm saying, I like what I see continue to improve to when you just keep this going. He's on a great trajectory. I'm not gonna crown the man, no debo. I ain't gonna crown.
Speaker 1: Him either though, But you know what I'm saying, I'm giving it's way better than I thought it was going to look like that's that's like, that's one true like and can they had in camp bru.
Speaker 2: Like you didn't expect it.
Speaker 3: And then even with King on his side, King looked great. He was taken what the defense give him. You saw how he was scrambling using his legs to get into the end zone and that thirty forty yard run to even get them in the position. So making smart decisions when the defense got there, not throwing interceptions.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: All the quarterbacks really looked pretty good. Nobody was out there doing nothing too terrible. So yeah, it's positive when you see like that. So I was just excited just to watch football. King did his thing and Carson back definitely did his thing.
Speaker 2: For sure. For sure, we got our first chance to see Uh.
Speaker 1: Coach g in his new role as a as an analyst on you know on TV. Uh, Well, Mike Tomlin, I'll say, I'll say Mike Tomlin and he shared his Uh, he shared his thoughts on head coach Mike McCarthy, and he had said that Mike, Mike's perfect for them. They're perfect for Mike. Yes, certainly. Being a Pittsburgh native, he understands the standard that Pittsburgh and he and.
Speaker 2: Listener, man, I can can you hear Mike's voice?
Speaker 1: Can you can you see his man arhisms and all that, like white white white?
Speaker 2: He's saying this right.
Speaker 1: Here, like can you can you see it? Like because I can. I can see it. I can feel it like I can pretch it. You know what I'm saying, Like, yes, it's wild, it's wild, like real talk like even though I saw it, like I can still I can still picture it.
Speaker 2: Matter here.
Speaker 1: Let me see if I can give a chee ship, I'll get you go ahead, ready, he going my team, Mike's perfect hold on. Mike's perfect for them, and uh, They're perfect Mike.
Speaker 2: Certainly.
Speaker 1: Being a Pittsburgh native, he understands the standard, uh that is Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: And he embraces it.
Speaker 1: Yes, his his coaching experience will also allow him to manage that he's got an he's got an awesome resume.
Speaker 2: Obviously.
Speaker 1: Uh, the confetti has rained down uh before him. Yes, listen, the confetti has rained down on him before with his current quarterback, Aaron Rodgers. And uh, there's no substitute for shared success. These waters run deep, they run, they do. He's positioned to do well. Certainly, there are some challenges, well, when you when you come to a new situation, but boy, there's a lot of continuing continuity and this new experience for him. Yeah, I can see it, Joe, I can see it. Look here, man, he ain't talking. He ain't talking now he's telling y'all already. Look he's right there. He can't help it. He coached still is nineteen years man, he's still he's still got he still got some love there.
Speaker 2: You know, somebody to do well.
Speaker 1: And when you look at the when you look at the resumes of both of them, they almost identity. Joe, what do you think, Joe? I mean he dropped confetti on us, not us, me on you. Yeah, he dropped confetti on you because you ain't never been there to even get CONFEDI dropped on you.
Speaker 2: But no, no, no, what.
Speaker 1: Do you think about that situation, Joe, do you think coach first appearance.
Speaker 2: On obviously the first pair is great?
Speaker 3: That's coach t Like you said, all of his lines, all of his quotes that he says are perfect for TV. And when he was talking about coach Mike McCarthy, I understand exactly what he's saying too.
Speaker 2: He's been a winner. His track record is what he is.
Speaker 3: He's from Pittsburgh, and now he knows when he's saying the standard of the standard, the Pittsburgh original standard is championships.
Speaker 2: So Mike McCarthy knows that he's.
Speaker 3: Did that with he's talking about the CONFETI he's raigned with Aaron Rodgers. He wasn't able to Mike. Mike Tomlin wasn't able to do that with a rod in his time. But he's knowing he's Mike McCarthy's from there. He knows what it is. He's not coming here with any other notions like oh no, we're gonna be okay, I got a rod I'm from Pittsburgh. It's championships here. That's the standard. The standard isn't eight and eight. The standard inters and just making it to the playoffs and losing the standard is we gotta make something happen. And when coach McCarthy's coming there too at the beginning, changing that environment of taking out the bleachers, there's no there's no walking around making sure that everybody speaking the same language. There's one new there's a new voice, and there's a new sheriff, so everybody that's That's the thing where coach Tomlins said, I think it's good for the Vets. I think it's good for TJ. I think it's good for camp. I think they're ready for that because they needed coach t kind of could go as much as you can. When you bring a new coach in like him, that's kind of the same. But now I'm enforcing my stuff. We're not doing seven shots like training. Camp looks completely different to them, so they're having to be on it and just coming in this thing like a new So I understand where coach he's coming from. I know that with Mike McCarthy, he sees what I see. Basically, a coach that played with Aaron Rodgers, has had success, has been to Super Bowls, know what Pittsburgh needs know that the fans aren't ready for just mediocrity. It's time to go win. So discipline, We have the players, we have the roster, Offense looking good. You know what I'm saying. I played with Aaron Rodgers. I know what he can do, the receivers, the weapons. Defense hasn't been up to par. So if our defense can be the standards and standard, we can get a top ten, top five defense in the league with a top ten off in the league, because that's what he brings. We haven't been able to score a lot of offense, just been kind of shaky. So Mike McCarthy bringing that offense here, make sure that you can do it. You did it in Dallas, you did it in Green Bay. Do that here. Defense. We have the players, y'all execute TJ. They say you're getting old, Cam, you're getting older. Jalen Ramsey, step up, Joey Porter. You know what I'm saying. You want to be the best corner in the league. Show everybody. You know what I'm saying. So he's situation right with the staff, with the players, and he knows what he got to bring to the spot. So I think coach t is saying the same stuff that we were saying about Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: But what I want to slide on over to is what what well, Joe, why why you go like that?
Speaker 3: That's kind I hope he was just we can stay on the steels for a second. And then I think I was feeling your energy that you wanted to just go over to the Browns.
Speaker 2: I could feel it.
Speaker 1: What what do you mean? I don't I'm not Joe. Calm down, buddy, okay, like like, come on, goodness, this is this is unbelievable. Man. I don't know what's going on, but I'm let me just say word. I mean, let's go ahead, we go be a Stellers camp.
Speaker 2: Though. Let's let's just stay on the store. Go be a Stellers camp. Man.
Speaker 1: We're going to be a still Monday and Tuesday we will be there broadcasting.
Speaker 2: So somewhere around say one.
Speaker 1: O'clock something like that, and we'll we'll go from there and hopefully catch some guys that they.
Speaker 2: Coming off the practice field.
Speaker 1: You know, talk to some guys, other guys, get get maybe some other people, you know, chop it up a little bit, man, maybe chop it up with some fans for a little bit man who knows, who knows. But we'll be there. We will be set up. We're gonna be at like the top. We'll be at the top so we get that good view coming on down. Got to you know what I'm saying too, But we got to.
Speaker 2: Go get there a little early so we could sit around watch practice. You know for sure that's what.
Speaker 1: He was going down. You know what I'm saying. See how everybody get the I need to hear communication. I need to see what's going on. Yes, yeah, white out there, we need communication, no question. We know it's everybody people looking around like they don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: It can't be. It can't be.
Speaker 1: Matter of fact. And I'm hearing some news out of there. Hey remember uh Max, how you say that? Uh Ihanna Shaw?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hey, they say he out there doing this thing. They say this this, this, this thing that was supposed to be a you know, at work in progress of a project. They said he out there. They said he ain't lost the one on one yet. They said he doesn't want t J.
Speaker 2: They said he doesn't win uh Hi Smith and Herbert, They said he ain't lost one yet.
Speaker 1: Dan that's that's what I heard. So he's standing on business. They say, he's standing on business. But that was supposed to be a project. I told y'all, man, it's a project. But this is what you don't understand. See when you go into a project. Most people go into a project and they look at a player and they say, oh, man, he's going to be a project. Yeah, but this player been playing the game for like ten years. That's not a project. Maybe he just can't develop to what it is you got to do. They ain't been playing but like two three years, three years something like that, since since the senior year or something like that in high school or something like that like that. Actually it might be just the last three years. Now I think about that's that's a project. And he looking like this already, Come on, now, that's the project I want to get a hold of. That's the project. I want to be able to go ahead and develop because learn raw. Yes he is truly raw. He ain't got nothing that he's done built up over the last ten years. I can adjust, get him to understand and manipulate and mold him into what it is that I need to do.
Speaker 2: Look at it right.
Speaker 3: Now, that sounded like me, debo, when I ain't start playing corner until I went to Florida, until I went to Florida. So you don't have bad tendencies to break. Get good coaching and you're gonna learn the right stuff. Teach me the wright stuff. And he seems like he's ready to learn, and he's a quick learner. So you don't have bad tendencies like no, no, no, I know what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: I did this before. No coach.
Speaker 3: Let me know what to do, and I will execute it exactly how you tell me. So those are the most like technically sound because when they don't have nothing to go from, you don't got bad tendencies to break.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: Like here's the big thing, though, like you were even playing football.
Speaker 2: He wasn't even playing football, dog and all for sure.
Speaker 1: For sure, three four years ago, four years ago, whatever it may be, like, he wasn't even playing football. So this is really fresh to him. He's natural at this. Now you give him the tools and the instruments to actually be better in the understanding of how to build it up. Like and this is a rookie that is holding it on against the Vets. Your top players on your defense. Now, that's that's something to be talked about, baby, Like, I don't know, you know, everybody's talking about all the the for the first round. You know that's not the m mm hmm, just early. I understand, but give us, give us time. What's that noise? You hear that noise?
Speaker 2: Joe? Can you hear me? Yeah? I can hear you a little. You sound like a little like uh like sputtery, sputtery something name right, Joe. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: I'm hearing it sounds like a a damn worm or something like chewing on my wires or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the hell that was, Joe, man, I don't know what was bruh. You couldn't hear that at all? Like I heard that. It was like, yes, that's all I could hear. What was it? You couldn't even hear me sound like that? Listen, listen. I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope this I hope does get better.
Speaker 1: It might be your internet, man, I think it's your internet, because you know, my stuff. We ain't had no you know, we ain't really had one one problem. It was it was a shutdown, but they had actually did something to the whole things like your you know, yours been a little JANKI.
Speaker 3: My WiFi snapped out, Dennis, snap back in, but now soon I did.
Speaker 2: It's a little you hear that? That is you.
Speaker 1: That's your worms over there eating your wires up and stuff in that nice mansion you got over there.
Speaker 2: Give me two seconds, let me try to get listen. It's cool. I don't I don't even hear it right now.
Speaker 1: But what I want to jump to is your your your Cleveland Browns over there. So I guess I hear it again, I guess. Jerry Judy attempted to clear Joe what is fact?
Speaker 2: Brid can the chat hear that? Okay?
Speaker 1: Good, y'all can't hear so good. Let's roll with it, Joe. They can't here, so let's roll with it now.
Speaker 2: Okay. Back.
Speaker 1: Jerry Judy attempted to clear the air on I guess a viral video that was suggesting he wanted Deshaun Watson to start over Sir Door Sanders. So Jerry Judy told the reporters that the video was cut and before the edit, he showed his daughter, which prompted a viewer to ask how old she was he said he threw up four because she's four years old.
Speaker 2: Joe, Yes, leaders I did my research.
Speaker 3: I did my research arch and you know how people always can chop and screw stuff and debo when you're on live, you know how people be always comming and the tufkies to scrolling and people say different things, and you could answer something with somebody, how.
Speaker 2: Old is your daughter? You could easily.
Speaker 3: Somebody under it, like three comments under could say, oh, who's what quarterback do you like? So trying to stare up the pot. You can easily do that, you know what I'm saying. And for me, I don't think that he would. I don't think he did it on purpose. I think somebody conly made the little video made it look like he did that for the four. His daughter is actually four years old, so I feel like there's some legitimacy to it. I don't think that he would do that out of spite, just because of what's going on, I would hope not. And then just because the two it's just too much drama that he knows that they're going to ask him the questions about that the same way that they just did when he was sitting there with the Browns media, and he answered it like, no, it's about my kid. And you know how people always want to start something up. There's a quarterback competition that got going on. He can't do nothing right. If you put up anything of a four like me and you DBO, we could a peace sign is a two.
Speaker 2: They could think he's talking about your door. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: People can manipulate and cut stuff, and if you doing something on live one thousand percent, they can manipulate to make you look like you're trying to cause mess when you're really not. So I don't I think if he wanted to cause mess, he knows how easy it really is. But that one, when you're on live thing people asking questions. He was with his daughter a little earlier. Shoulder a thing could be like, yo, how old are you like? Covered life?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Talking coveted life? Could be on there speaking something nice, we answering under it. Somebody asked a wild question and somebody puts that, oh is he answering to that? They can have us looking crazy, So I see where he's coming from.
Speaker 2: I don't think he was doing that for that reason. So you know me and what I'm just listen.
Speaker 1: You know, I think and I get into thought processes of what could or couldn't be so for me personally, I ain't gonna lie you man.
Speaker 2: It's some bullshit, bro.
Speaker 1: And now you got this man talking about he gotta think about how to answer a question that somebody asked him about his child, because now he needs to have the foresight to know that some idiot out here go try and manipulate it into something else.
Speaker 2: Jerry, Judy Breath, don't even worry about.
Speaker 1: This, like it's not even something to give thought to, to be honest with you, you know, And if he stopped talking, if he stopped talking to y'all and give y'all nothing, then all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: All he asked, so you know, yeah, he ain't.
Speaker 1: He ain't being he ain't being a good he ain't being a good NFL player.
Speaker 2: He's not He's not not.
Speaker 1: Now y'all done went on head and y'all done did some bs and took something out of context. Now this man talking about he got to think about how to answer a question about how old his daughter is, because y'all go go out here and try and flip it and make it to something else. The dude said, I've been in the league for what was it? He said seven years? Seven years now? He said, five of those six years it's been a quarterback competition within those years. Like I've been through this, y'all think I'm stupid enough to go and actually answer a question like that. Y'all think I'm I don't have enough maturity or understanding to know like that wouldn't be a good thing. Like No, So, Jerry Judy, I one hundred percent with you, Joe. I believe in people want to go and shoot and take it however they want to, and that's just I think that's just Cleveland, bro. I think, y'all just I think y'all reports, y'all fans or or supposedly fans, whatever it may be. Y'all true fans wouldn't do nothing like that. But y'all, y'all, y'all reporters and all that. Man, if they ain't got nothing to start no trash, it don't seem like they be writing nothing.
Speaker 2: Bro. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: You're supposed to have your home teams, supposed to be your people that are supposed to be with you, like supports you all the way through like almost to the point of a fault. Y'all can't even get a little bit what's going on over there, Joe. They still letting them in the building and all that, They letting them talk to people, they letting them interview people, They have them in like all that, and they still like all this whole offseason, Like what do you think?
Speaker 3: Joe said that when I came back, because now I can hear you clearly, I.
Speaker 1: Said, why does your reporters, your Cleveland based reporters, why do they go so hard at trying to make controversy with your browns man, Why don't they go and try and support something, try and try and give a little positive reinforcement that your home reporter is supposed to be the guys that's for you. Y'all got a bunch of them that just seem to want to cause drama and start shit.
Speaker 2: Why is that? I don't know.
Speaker 3: A lot of it is clickbait, I think, and a lot of it is just we have it won in a long time, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I really don't know.
Speaker 3: And there's some days you're trying to find something to talk about, and until you start winning games, that's the only way that's going to change because at the beginning of the season, fans are like, oh, no, we can't get to hype because we do that every year and next thing, you know, we're mathematically eliminated. So they get pissed and that turns into the media and that turns into everybody, so they can when you don't win playoff games. I understand the but I'm not with it. And that's why I wouldn't want to try to bring up some of these stories. You got to let the season play out. You gotta let it go. But it always just be bringing because that's what that's what people are going to talk about.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 3: They're going to talk about the bad stuff when you haven't been able to have you're not we haven't won games, so you we got to go out and to win so we could finally start talking about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, I don't even know why this is the story.
Speaker 1: Dylan Gabriel told reporters that he doesn't feel disrespected that the Browns quarterback battle has focused on Deshaun Wahston and shaw Door Sanders. He said, I don't take things personally. It's business. I'm focused on what I need to do to get better, And that's all I'm focused on, Like, why would that even be a story that he would like, why would they even be put out there because they want him to say something.
Speaker 2: I know they probably want me. I was gonna get messy. I ain't gonna get message. No. Look, I could say, how how.
Speaker 1: Hard is that, you know, for God to actually just be like, yeah, I understand this business. Da da da, We'll especially dealing with y'all reporters, bro Like they trying to gas everything, Like I ain't gonna lie. Last year though that he gave him a little bit of gas, you know, he was doing a little pillow talking. Gave him a little bit of gas though, you know what I'm saying. So I think they was trying to set him up again, you know, because look, it wasn't his fault.
Speaker 3: Last year. He was drafted before Shador Sanders. He had the opportunity, but Kevin Stevaski obviously wanted him to play over Shador. So he was getting those reps, you know what I'm saying with Joe Flacco, So when they when he got his opportunity, it was before Shador. We got got his chance. I didn't think he was throwing the ball too deep down the field, you know what I'm saying. Like his touchdown to interceptional ratio was nice, but that was just because we were dnking and dunking. We weren't throwing the ball down the field. And when he did throw the ball down the field, I didn't see the strength in his arm. It will flutter in the air sometimes, so let it be know. I understand where he's coming from where. Now he got out the game, Shadoor Sanders went in there and he threw the ball down the field a little bit more and I saw more of the Browns office being able to have a chance. So now Shadoor with Dylan Gabriel, I respect that he understands that it's a business, it's the NFL. He was in there last year with coach Stefanski that actually liked him a little bit more. That's why he got a chance over Shadoor Sanders. So now Shador's in a quarterback battle with Deshaun Watson. People now when he's playing well, he's doing exactly what he needs to do. Dylan Gabriel is not saying nothing. He's playing well when you're looking at his numbers. That's why people are bringing up, oh, why isn't Dylan Gabriel in the conversation. Let your play do the talk for you when you're throwing completions, when you're throwing touchdowns and not interceptions at training camp, other people are going to be like, oh, what about Dylan.
Speaker 2: You don't have to be the one like, yeah, I think I should be back in the talk. No, no, no, no no, you just chill.
Speaker 3: You just play the way you're supposed to be playing because you're out there. You weren't doing too bad, but you weren't nothing special. So learn, get these reps that you get and do the best that you can with them when you're going and get your opportunities in these preseason games. Look good, don't look bad, you know what I'm saying. So the best thing that Dylan Gabriel is doing is just playing football. It's a business. He realizes that the best thing I can do is play well, stay out the way, not try to bring up extra controversy because I'm gonna let my play speak for itself. And that's what I like with just Shador Deshaun Watson, it's the outside that's making it. Like when they asking these questions because if they say something crazy, then it's looking like, oh, oh well, right now, they're always saying the right thing.
Speaker 2: It's a competition obviously, but I.
Speaker 3: Have to do what I have to do well on the football field, and that's what's gonna happen when they're going to see me throwing touchdowns, not interceptions, doing well in the two minute drills, scoring in red zones, that's what's going to do well when the preseason game come. I'm balling out. So with Dylan understanding, not don't be out there act like you don't nobody earn nothing you don't deserve. It's like, right now, Deshaun and sad Or in a quarterback competition that Todd Monkin said, these are the top two runners.
Speaker 2: You are obviously still on the team competing.
Speaker 3: He's giving you reps and everybody else when they see you playing well, they're like, oh what about Dylan Gabriel.
Speaker 2: That's all you need.
Speaker 3: Keep doing what you're doing, keep your mouth shut, keep trying your best, and then your actions, your play is going to be able to elevate you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I agree with you one percent. My brother. I hate talking positive, but you know, sometimes you gotta talk. You know you know when I say, when I say stuff sense, you couldn't agree.
Speaker 1: I gotta agree, just like if I were to win against the You know you do you believe you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I believe? Like what did you talking about? Y'all?
Speaker 1: Y'all trying to make a damn amountain out of a molehill? Like it's crazy, it don't it don't even it don't even make no sense to go there. But Aaron Donald, Yes he is Donald, Yes he is. He made in the coming days and if he returns, he said, the Rams would take him to Australia bro for Week one against the forty nine ers and the goal would be thirty to forty snaps to be more careful. Yeah yeah, bro, listen if he come back, yeah bro, I don't even know no more. I'm starting to believe like like like like like like he might come back. Like anyway, Bro, if he comes, how long do you think it'll take him to get back to all pro level?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying? Ads not o so. And I don't think AD is really I don't think Ad has really started working out too much. I hear, I hear you for AD. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know, thirty forty snaps. You know what I'm saying, I don't know. I don't think it's going to take him too long. He's Aaron Donald. He retired early. It was like like like like Barry or Megatron. You know what I'm saying, they take too off. And I think it's not too many to everybody could do it. I think Aaron Donald could do because if you would have played fourteen years, okay, so how long.
Speaker 2: You a year and a half to come back, yes, but right now it's a D. I'm believing in them to do it and like come back and comeback for show and be a dog.
Speaker 3: And I don't think Ad is coming back if he's not going to feel like he's a D. If you don't think he can do what he did, if you don't think he could really steal, like throw people out the.
Speaker 1: Way Joe I did that. Bro, that I was only six months Joe.
Speaker 2: I retired. And it was.
Speaker 1: March April or something like that. Right, I was still training, and you see how I trained, But I wouldn't train and how I would train if I was getting ready for a season, Bro, I hear you, okay, And I was, and I literally That wasn't.
Speaker 2: Two years, Bro, that wasn't two years.
Speaker 1: And coming back I got that well, they told me it was like, gould be like fifteen twenty snaps. You know, you'd be better fifteen twenty snaps whatever. We played against Tampa, Bro, And I don't even know how it was like it was like forty five fifty snaps or something. Bro, Like Joe, here's the thing you.
Speaker 2: Gotta understand, man, they won six months.
Speaker 1: Bro. They one. I was older too. I was damn there forty. So it's a little different, Debo.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm trying to tell you. But not even no, it was like thirty six. I was close to forty. Whatever it was.
Speaker 1: It's a couple of years difference. Whatever it may be, thirty five, thirty six whatever when I first came back. But the point I'm trying to make to you, Bro, it's the body that hardening up. You know how You're getting the training camp, bru, and you ain't been hitting off season, and then you get in the training camp.
Speaker 2: In that first week or.
Speaker 1: Two, you chewing advil, trying to get your shoulders sore, Your forehead is sore from your helmet just pressing on.
Speaker 2: Just having it on your head and all the other stuff like you take that in times.
Speaker 1: The body part, like he's out of the two years our six months, broh, six months day one.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: I was looking at the door like, Yo, my body is already hurting after practice and.
Speaker 2: Give thirty two. He's thirty five, three years thirty. He coming back when I came back, damn near. But he's three two years out. Bruh. You know how that is on your brother, the hardening up. Think about this.
Speaker 1: I was a rookie, my rookie year, I played like three quarters of a game for the first time ever. It was like the second or third game of of the season. Might have been the first. I don't remember, but I know it was in Detroit. I know that for a fact. The next day Bill Carr gave us the day off. If he hadn't gave us the day off, I didn't know what I was gonna do. Bro. I could barely get out of bed. I had to call my dad and be like, Yo, Dad, I don't even know if this fucked me. He's like, Ah, you'd be all right. Your body is tough enough to it. He was right, he was right, But I had that thought and that was at like twenty something. He done took off almost three two and some change.
Speaker 2: And now we just go go back and think it's just.
Speaker 1: Gonna be peaches and cream. A man worked out in the helmet he ain't even had no should pass on.
Speaker 2: Now he ain't have to hit nobody nothing, get back to that that that that all performing. He can get back to all performing. I don't know. I think, yeah, I don't know, Joe, I really don't. I don't know. You could take him.
Speaker 1: It could take him, you know, maybe six games or so something like that, because you got to get back into that competition of going you know, all that stuff, build up your time and build up you know, could it could take him a minute. But back to that old a D. I don't know about that. And I don't know if he want to come back if he can't be that old a D. I don't know the thing for him to come back, especially after you just told us you done did everything you need to do and you don't accomplish everything you wanted to accomplish. But now all of a sudden you ain't accomplished that, and now you're coming back.
Speaker 3: The thing is d B, he not coming back and has to like when were saying old a D like that was defensive player of the year him and now he got Miles on his team, and D line is not like there's there's no slouches there. They was top five D line in the league last year. So with him coming back, it's just adding more fueled, more more to the fire. It's not like he got it a D. Like you said to a D a little bit under a D is still all pro, you know what I'm saying, Like he was defensive player of the year, but if he's right on, the defensive player of the year still wanted the best to do it, so he can still do damage. Ten twelve sacks still holding stuff up, and he can't be double team now, like who you're going to double team? You gonna double team Miles, You're going to double team. It's just so much more one on ones. So now he's looking at it like, oh, they you if you want double Miles over there, and now I'm gonna be able to get this work and where I was never able to get one on ones as much.
Speaker 1: And I understand what you're saying, but he's still got to get back to that point where he is the player that he was, and it's a it's a need necessity to double team. You see what I'm saying, Like you you out of the game. It's a difference between working out and then going in there and actually having to move around in that that that environment again and you haven't done it in two years, like six months.
Speaker 2: Bro, you got he got. He got stuff that he ain't He ain't even thought about.
Speaker 1: Like having to use like you gotta you gotta get in there and just twirk and twist and like all that, getting no leaks in there and all that stuff. And it's another man putting forces against you. The weights don't put no force against you. But in whatever plane it is that you're working it, he ain't trying to twist you and throw you down and all the other stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that part is like him got a rush act I said, he don't got a rush. The team is like they said, the team is stacked. He could eat like you, he could ease into it. They need him for the playoffs. They gonna make it regardless. So when you just a healthy age, like you said, agame, you come back and you don't win the all time, He's back to caliber.
Speaker 1: I understand that, but you come back and you don't win it because you are don't already crowned y'all super Bowl champions. You come back and you don't win it, then what what did you accomplish? It's it's it's it's it's super Bowl or nothing. He got They're going for super Bowl, So anything.
Speaker 2: Else but a super Bowl D it's a failure.
Speaker 1: They was going for super Bowl without a understand that, but with Ad coming back his with him back, it has to be super Bowl one, especially with him back or nothing, because you're telling me you done came back after you already said you accomplished everything you need to accomplish, You walked away from the game. You come back and then you don't win the You don't win the super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Did you? They've tripled they've tripled down. What's the worst thing? What if it comes back that he doesn't even play good? Like?
Speaker 1: What if he comes back and he plays he plays like a good player, not a D does it damage his legacy?
Speaker 3: He's not a I don't think any way Ad is on this team is going to make them any worse. Any version of a Aaron Donald. So once they went and got trimp McDuffie on defense, and they just needed secondary boom. I'm like, this is they basically going super Bowl or bus. They made in the highest paid corner and brought his homeboy. Then they went and got Miles Garrett. Now I'm instantly thinking, oh, they're super Bowl or bust. Aaron Donald added additionally, Now it's like obviously he's thinking the super Bowl or bus. Like they they've tripled down, like the Rams now have got oc on offense scoring hell of points. I was just looking at them last year with the defense when they played against the Seahawks. They couldn't stop Aaron. They couldn't stop Sam, Sam, Donald and Walker. So when they if they can, they've added they've got they got Miles, they went and got McDuffie. And now if Aaron Donald comes back to what they already have, that's tripling down on its super Bowl or bust for shuff. So Aaron Donald coming back, I'm like, dude, he definitely thinks that he has nothing else to lose. They're going to win a super Bowl this year or for sure, like you said, it was it was for no reason because he was saying he accomplished everything he needed to accomplish. He's gonna come back this year and do it and go get another Super Bowl. I'm like, yeah, okay, I can do. But I think he might have answered that joint they come back and win it, because I'm looking at him like, yeah, I thought the Rams was gonna win it after when they got not not gonna win it, but up in the in the conversation like they're not.
Speaker 2: They're not tooling down, they're tooling up. And they barely. They made it to the NFC Championship game last year.
Speaker 3: Matthew Stafford looks nice, Davonte looks nice, Pooka's back, still got the running game.
Speaker 2: Now they got the defensive backs and Miles and a D? What what what Miles getting this year? What are you getting paid? Say that? How much Miles getting paid this year?
Speaker 1: What is?
Speaker 2: What is? What are you getting paid this year? What is it forty something? So I don't know? What is it? Thirty something? I don't know? So now you gotta pay a D? All right? So I was breaking us what they got left, it's breaking up. So I think I think.
Speaker 1: Garrett Miles is what thirty seven something like that? Miles thirty seven something like that, they got about twenty six left, so I'm sure he could come back for twenty six, but he turned down that kind of money because he had already accomplished everything he wanted to accomplish. Right now, you come back, then if you're coming back and it's not for the money because you turned down more money than that, and then you don't win the Super Bowl, I don't know if that's a good look. But but you came back and all the other stuff he said beforehand, it's false. He came back because I feel like he chasing another title. I don't I don't see a d being that dude, especially after he just told me that he accomplished everything he needed to accomplish. Why would he come back and chase another title? And then if he don't get it, as that hurt his legacy, Like I said, I think it would because now you came back and you didn't. What if he come back he don't play up to a d standards? What if he come back in and God forbid, he gets hurt?
Speaker 2: Like what are we like?
Speaker 1: It's it's it's it's a lot of the things to talk into, you know, talking to that and you know, I'm just saying, hey, man, got a lot of businesses around too. Man, you can't do all that when you're up here doing this football thing again. AD just saying Man, that's all I'm saying.