Speaker 1: Look Maher, Oh I see you. Look over there is that culture. Yes, goodness, wow, lost culture, dang dong last Culturista's calling. You guys have been really really really just demanding more or less, more or less, more or less, marless, marless.
Speaker 2: Well, diamond girlies, fear not. Yeah, here we are again. It's that time of the month. And I don't mean don't be crab rent payment.
Speaker 1: Oh you didn't think I was gonna say that? Did Listen? If you were going to say what I thought you were going to say, you were going to that time of the month, which is when periods happen. Period. Now that is medical. And speaking of medical, I think one of the best medical shows was Gray's Anatomy. Wouldn't you say? Did you just say past tense? I guess I did. I shouldn't have done. Oh yeah, oh my god, it really is. Is Shonda Shanda is still doing it? Queen Queen? I think it's Chris Vernoff now is the showrunner. But oh yeah, Kristap Vernoff, Christer Vernon. She is also a legend in her own right, the legend She wrote into You like a Train. Oh wow, I wrote that.
Speaker 2: She wrote yesterday, which is the episode where mcsteen me first comes into town. Oh wow, she's written some classics. She probably got to write the word mc steen me for the first time.
Speaker 1: I wonder who. I wonder who in the room came up with mixteen and McDreamy.
Speaker 2: That's so funny because mixte the first time mxsteiny is set. This is my level of Gray's anatomy knowledge that really stops after season seven. But season two, Into You Like a Train was the episode where Meredith is waiting for Derek to come at the bar. It's the episode after pick Me, Choose Me, Love Me, m m and it's when one of the nurses comes in to the er and says, goes up to Mary and says mx steiny was looking for you, and she means emy McDreamy. She goes, no, I'm pretty sure it was mc stee me, but mxtemi wasn't a character at the time. He existed, but he was not in the fold.
Speaker 1: I will say, when you look at them, he is mixed, steamy, mixed, and then Derek is mcdridreamy. I mean that's just like they nailed it. Yeah, they nailed that. Good casting and number when he came out of the shower and there were steam around him. That might have been something they planned out. Yeah, oh my god, what a moment. Yeah, and the thing about and McDreamy is neither of them appears on our list of top ten Gray's Anatomy characters seasons one through six or seven. Forgot where we left off? I forgot. Yeah, me too. I actually don't remember at all when I stopped watching, but I know it was around six and seven because I think this is what happened. I think the plane crash pushed me too far. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, you and I are so on the same level here, were like, I don't think I can do this anymore now. I was for a second interested in revisiting, entering back into the stream of things, but then hearing how the show interpreted COVID, as to hear Pat Reagan describe, it is a disease where you walk down the beach and people who have died or have not died visit you on the.
Speaker 1: Beach, confused about the reality of COVID nineteen right, having had COVID multiple times, I only can't say that's inexperiences I've had. Well, you love it right now, Well, I'm coming out of it. I'm out of jail. I'm out of jail, making a little joke about you being active COVID. I'm no longer Sarah positive. Oh see this what I'm saying. This is one of our most medical episodical episodes, and we're keeps sort of leaving the bread crumbs. But I know what everyone wants us to do. They want us to just get into it. I r but before we do, what does medicine mean to you getting better? I think medicine means advancements for the world, and technology means little pills. I think it means that even if it's placebo. You know what I'm saying. Oh, I'm taking care.
Speaker 2: Of me, and a lot of people don't have the gumption no to take care of themselves.
Speaker 1: No, many people out there are afraid of medicine, anti vaxxers, antip This is where we say it. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Can I just say, can we not get Jenny McCarthy on Watch It Happens Live. That's my only note, Andy, if you're listening, send the text.
Speaker 1: This is why. This is the only reason why you don't watch the Mask Singer. It's the only reason why. Yeah, because you. You're always in Bone's always saying my God so good? Where my friend can Yeah? And you're always like the mass singer looks like the beshe want TV. I just don't want watch Jim McCarthy and Bone is always like all I want to do is watch the mess singer. I just want to part my close friends Nicole and Ken. Her name is Nicole.
Speaker 2: But you know, it is funny to see Jenny McCarthy always be like, is that share?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's Share. Yeah. She's the one who misses the mark the most. I feel, you know what though, Like at this point, I think there are pretty famous people on there, like Demi Levado was on there, that's right, but just sort of slaying slang.
Speaker 2: I mean Candy Burris's songs that season Candy burst slay, she arrived Hungary and left full and left full. Well, let's get into it. This is the top ten grades Animey character season is one through six or seven forgot where we left off?
Speaker 1: Now number ten, Christine, I bet you are shook. This is a low placement. What do you think happened here?
Speaker 2: I think, now that the seasons have built up, I think the way Christina left really shook people and left a tough taste in people's mouths.
Speaker 1: Not a bad one, just a tough one. How come they don't penpal? How come they don't FaceTime? Listen, we could talk about why they don't FaceTime. We can talk about why they don't keep in touch, but let's keep it positive. What do you think is so amazing about Christina? Her ambition, Oh, her hair, her hair, variety of men she dates, Virility, virility, She was very virile.
Speaker 2: She was fucking a lot. She wanted her not pretty much multiple times a day, looked amazing in a wedding dress. Good complicated relationship with their mother.
Speaker 1: I liked seeing that.
Speaker 2: Yes, gave Meredith actually a nice foil to be like. You can be annoyed at your mom. You don't have to revere your mother if she's being a lot. Yeah, and Ellis Gray was a lot. She was a lot, and she does not appear on the list. But my last thing I want to say before we move on from Christina, if I were to move to Sweden or Switzerland, wherever the fuck she goes, yeah, I would keep in touch with you. Yeah, because you're Meredith and I'm Christina. Right, I would not ever, No stop keeping in touch with you if all of.
Speaker 1: A sudden, it's like I can't even get arrested when it comes to you, and Meredith can't even get arrested when it comes to Christina. She can't. It's so sad, it's just ridiculous. And how come Christina didn't appear in the COVID flashbacks on the beach? Yeah, I think there's something wrong here. Dang interesting. We're poking holes. We're poking a lot of holes. That's why Christina Yang is number ten on Top ten Gray's Anatomy Characters seasons one through six or seven for how where we left off, fell off.
Speaker 2: Lost coult number nine. Mandymore don't remember her character's name. That's not what's important. That's not what's important. What's the character?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is that Mandy Moore appeared in two episodes? More than two? Was she in more than two?
Speaker 2: We came back like over the course of like multiple seasons, like she would come back. It was the shooting episode and like later on either that season or in the next season, she came back. Yeah, And then it was the documentary episode.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was the documentary where she loses her life. Oh, that was sad. That was one of the craziest, most random things to ever happen is that Mandy Moore died in the documentary episode of Grey's Anatomy for like no reason. I said, I said.
Speaker 2: Not in the documentary episode. Not when we're trying to be you know all this is not the right reference. But Ken burns about it. Oh, yeah, you know what I mean. Bailey got a great moment there.
Speaker 1: Bailey got a great moment. Now. A lot of her scenes were opposite Miranda Bailey Seandru Wilson more on her later, on her later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mandy, you know, watched some of these residents get fucking shot.
Speaker 1: It was not a good day. It's not a good day, and Mandy had to bring it. Yeah, her a game. She always does. She always does. Mandy Moore, She's a superstar. Andy Moore. We love you and your character Mandy Moore in Grey's Anatomy.
Speaker 2: Was incredible and that's why she's number nine on top ten grades in Nimy Character seasons one through six or seven forgot where we left off last College eight Izzy Stevens another low placement.
Speaker 1: This is gonna shake up a lot of people when they see that not only is Christina solo, but is he is solo? I mean, look again, we find out so much about her character while she's on the show, but what's going on after she leaves the show? I need to know why they're not writing each other letters. In Penn Peal we never see an email from Izzy emails and guess what when Karev leaves the show more on him in a second or in him, we find out that he's going and living with Izzy. Did you know I did know that Karev like leaves the show. He basically bails on this girl he's like in a full relationship with and it's like, psych, I gotta go be with Izzy.
Speaker 2: The show like making an escape hatch for these characters and stories with old characters in a way that is completely out of nowhere. Is like they were indulging in that for a while, because with Christina it was like Burke all of a sudden his back in the picture and he's the one who convinces her to move. Krev leaves in a way that's completely out of character, leaves his job and his partner to go be with this woman who's like fucked him up.
Speaker 1: You know, there's a lot going on. These characters are very complicated, and can I say something. We're sort of being again, like we're saying, like, why is he's number eight? There's thousands of characters in the Grace now of the universe and she's number eight. That's nothing to scoff at. So she's one of the original five. And she gave us the pink dress. She gave us the.
Speaker 2: She she gave us some her in a bikini model.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, in a blingerie ad. Yes, I mean I will. This is not to obductify.
Speaker 2: Izy Stevens had one of the best set of knockers on network television ever. She was a beautifoxome specimen. This is a pre Christine Hendrix world.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, pre Christina Hedrichs, where we just hadn't seen anything.
Speaker 2: I didn't see anything like that. And Izzy Stevens had gorgeous tits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we were just like little gay boys, like I want to be like her. I'm not a tits guy. But when I see Izzy Stephens, oh yeah, I'm not a tits guy. When I see is He Stevens, I go whoa wow wow. And that is why is he Stephens is number eight on top ten grades Anatomy Characters season one through six or seven, Oh we fell off lost Colt.
Speaker 2: Number seven number seven or yeah, number number seven nine eight yep seven number seven number seven.
Speaker 1: COREV hot tbh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know it was unfair when McSteamy came because they had some scenes where Alex and mcsteami were together, because that Alex royline was like maybe he was going to go into plastics and it was cool because they went he doesn't hold a candle to mc.
Speaker 1: Steam No, I mean there was. But the thing is like Krev was giving something different. He was giving something different. McSteamy was giving sort of narcissist. Yeah. COREV was giving like, well, I'm bad boy. He was like bad boy. He was like on the wrong side of the track, you know what I mean, Like he fucking fucked it up. He was so good in this role. He was great. Chambers. We love him. We hope your wealthy, wealthy wealthy remember him from the Wedding Planner.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh, but see I feel like he just like tapped out of graze and he was like, I'm good, I don't have to do this.
Speaker 1: Fucking rich right, do we know what he's doing? Is he on something else, don't know. We have a look at it. We have a little computer in our hands that we can use at all times, unlike you guys. I'm just saying Justin Chambers, now, what is he doing? Justin Chambers? Now I can not type. Okay, I just after three times mm hmm. Did you find it? Well, he's fifty three. He looked unbelievable. Oh my god, good for him, Oh my god. And this what is Justin Chambers doing now? First post Gray's Anatomy gig was playing Marlon Brando in the Paramount Plus series The Offer about the making of The Godfather. That's great casting. He doesn't have any upcoming projects listing on us IMDb as of August twenty twenty three. Well, you know, it's been the strike. It's been the strike.
Speaker 2: Also him as like an aged up quote unquote middle aged Brando is perfect period period.
Speaker 1: And that is why Karev is number seven on Top ten Grades Anatomy Characters. He's in one through six or seven for How We Fell Off Last Culture, number six, Doctor Bailey, this is really the birth of Veja Ja. I was just gonna say with JJ.
Speaker 2: She gave us the JJ and to the point where Oprah was saying it, Like, that's when you knew it was in the zeitgeist.
Speaker 1: When Oprah is saying it, it's in the zeitgeist. When she has her favorite things, and when one of her favorite words became vijj, that was when you know that Doctor Bailey was gonna be number six.
Speaker 2: Check under your seats. Everyone's going home with a VIJJ. Everyone got so much Ida Like that was the impact of doctor Bailey.
Speaker 1: Oh man, she really remember she actually could sing. And remember the musical episode. She gave some good vocals. And Chandra Wilson has directed some episodes of the show. Still on it, Still on it. Wow, she is well, she is wealth, she has power. She is doctor Bailey who was the Nazi famous. Oh yeah, she was famously the Nazi. Oh my god. They refer to her as a Nazi. I don't quite. I don't think that name.
Speaker 2: Even back then, I was like, this doesn't really work for the character, Like why do they call her that because she's like card.
Speaker 1: I think she's just a character, you know what I mean? Like if I was them, I wouldn't be calling her a Nazi. I'd be like, she's a character and she's got a tough job.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, well, that's one of the best residents in the program.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, hey, knock it off, because she actually has a really tough job. Yeah, and you know what, things aren't always great at home, which we'll find out step one. You say, we need all. This is why doctor Bailey is number six on top ten Gray's Anatomy Characters seasons one through six or seven. However, we fall off cult number five. Christina ricci when Christina Reachie get him only twenty four years old, I can't. I can't got that movement. I'll never forget when Christina Riccie guest starred on Gray's Anatomy as Christina Riccie again, someone whose character name we could never hope to remember, but obviously it is so iconically Christina Riccie with her hand in that goddamn body on that goddamn bomb. When she ran out of that room, she ran into our hearts do the ride? Do you go there? Jesus say?
Speaker 2: Rise says, oh no, that's not what played. The song that plays during that moment and breathe, just breathe.
Speaker 1: That's what's his face blowing up. Yeah, that's the song.
Speaker 2: The song that plays when Christina pulls her hand out is a cold Play song, If the Bad, If.
Speaker 1: The Firmer will home, Hammad will up? Does Lauren know you have Chris Martin's going to Christina Ricci really made a gorgeous meal out of that role. Eight eight set the scene for Yellow Jackets. Oh yeah, this was the door opener. This was the we didn't really know about Christina Reggi before. This was her breakout. Yeah, wednsday Adams found not found, not not found, wanting found her not. That is why.
Speaker 2: Christina Reggi is number five on Top ten Grades Anime Character seasons one through.
Speaker 1: Six or seven forgot where we fell off? Last culture number four den Denny, Oh Denny, I mean listen, I would have fucked that patient too. I would have been fucking that patient. And I would have cut the elvad wire. Oh I would have done it. Remember the moral conundrum of the elvad wire. Oh boy, boy, oh boy.
Speaker 2: But you know, Denny was so tragic, obviously, but also what's tragic is they never did fuck.
Speaker 1: They never did a fuck. I mean, that's the thing is it's like I haven't He was kind of fucked in the head. Oh yeah, she was messed up. Grew up in a trailer park. Oh and that's a recipe not to be classist. But that's a hard life. That's really hard. Grew up in a single parent household. Yeah the mim. I'm not being, you know, but it's hard. She's had to work so hard to get through medical school and then she gets the love of her life and he's gonna die if they fuck, and so in order to hopefully save his life so they could potentially fuck, at some point, she cuts the elbow. She kills him in a way to move him up the donor list because she didn't think about blood clots. Didn't think about blood clots. She goes, I don't know what I didn't think about blood clots. They think it was a blood clot. That is good TV. It was really good bo and that is why Denny is number four on Top ten grades Anatomy Character season one through six or seven forget where we fell off last coach number three Meredith Ray, Wow, you don't even have the show without marriage Gray. I guess they do, no.
Speaker 2: Right, they do now, but for a while there you needed her in the mix. And yeah, it didn't feel like a Gray's Anatomy episode without her saying in voiceover at the end of the.
Speaker 1: Day, Yeah, you does Lanne know that you? I bet Lauren does know. You have an Ellen Pompeo.
Speaker 2: I've tried to get my Ellen on the show every week and it's never happened.
Speaker 1: You are so mad, You're yelling, Oh my god, you have to get your Ellen on the show. I'm trying. Remember when you did her podcast. Oh my god, I.
Speaker 2: Went to her house. I went to her gorgeous house. I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 1: That is the home of television's brightest star and you were in it. She is rich, That's all I'll say. Yeah, she takes a bath in lamire. Oh my god. All this is why Meredith Gray is number three on Top ten Grades Animey character of seasons one through six or seven forgot where we all fell off? Last culch number two. Cali Torres. Before there was Chay, they were Cali. They were Cali. She her, she was living in the damn hospital. That was Kokoo, Banana good and everyone. She would dance in her underwear. It's like, girl, you're at work. Was not a wig. No, she just has all that gorgeous hair.
Speaker 2: I think that was at the time she was coming out of Spamalot like, oh I have these gorgeous locks.
Speaker 1: I'm not touching these. No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: Iconic that she was so good in spam Alot that the ABC execs were like, pick whatever show.
Speaker 1: You want to be on. Yeah, and she picked correctly.
Speaker 2: She picked correctly, and then literally Shonda and Kristen Betsy Beers all had to be like, I guess we got to write this new character in.
Speaker 1: They were like, I guess that's how it works. Now the network just says pick a pick show, and now I have to write a character better come hungry and eat because they created Cali Kalipe Torres.
Speaker 2: Gray's anatomy was I'm gonna say, very good at making names, making fictional character names.
Speaker 1: I mean, Swift named the cat after Meredith Gray.
Speaker 2: I remember when they played White White Horse. And then she wrote on her MySpace she says, I dropped to my knees crying. I said, this is one of the best moments of my life, the highlights of my career. And if only I could go into a time machine and go back to that time and say, Taylor, you have many bigger things coming. Watch out at the VMAs, Kanye, Watch.
Speaker 1: Out Taylor at the VMAs. Someone is coming for your villain and they're gonna try to take your moment. But don't worry, sweety. Beyonce will make it work. Beyonce will make it better, make it better, and then you will continue on and on and on.
Speaker 2: The two thousand and nine VMA's set the stage for so much in our current culture and Gaga's first performance, Beyonce giving Taylor her moment, and now for the two of them to be like the top musicians.
Speaker 1: And that is why Calie Torres is number two on top ten. Gray's Anatomy Character seasons went through six or seven forgot where we fell off last culture, and now is the moment we've bothered waiting for it. And I actually bet people can guess this. Of course they can. Number one Addison Montgomery, Shepherd.
Speaker 2: Kate Wall give it up. That was a villain who turned it around and was a fan favorite.
Speaker 1: Can you even believe she gets introduced e you must be the woman sleeping with my husband. Couldn't have given it more like a bitch goddess line read she had her hair done, she had her jacket on. She was like, I'm coming in to eat this scenery up. But then she was three dimensional almost immediately immediately, And you must be the woman who's been screwing my husband. Yeah, you must be the woman who's been screwing my husband. Wow wow wow wow. Oh well, I guess that puts an end to the evening. How long did you watch Private Practice like solid? I think I watched like two seasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they try, they really tried it there. I mean Oudra really tried. Ore was great.
Speaker 1: Audre was great. Also.
Speaker 2: You know who I'm horny for, Tim Paul Paul Adelstein. Yeah, he's a cutie. I think he's really, really, really handsome. Let's talk about Addison. Another example of great name, great fictional characters. Adison Montgomery Shepherd.
Speaker 1: I mean Addison. I love Addison. She does she or did she come back to the Grays? I think she did?
Speaker 2: Like guest appearances, she had guest appearance where it was back when Derek was dating that nurse, right, and then Joe's at the bar like stops Like I was about to say something to mar that she goes if you let him run off into the sunset with that do eyed thing you were, Meredith Gray and then something something is that, and then she goes, I have a flight to catch. I'm like, that is the sheekeest fucking woman, just a legend. Kate Walsh. I have not been caught up on Emily in Paris, but I feel like they better be serving her, right.
Speaker 1: I don't worry about Kate, Okay. I know she's always gonna feed herself. She's gonna feed herself. But she can do it all. She like she can do the comedy she was in kicking and screaming, playing Wolfer. Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: She was kind of doing stuff like with the Second City people. For a while she was doing like comedy. Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: And I thought I saw her at Asscat she would go and do asscats. Yeah, like she is one of our best I actually was just thinking about this. So, if you're on Gray's Anatomy and you're Adison Montgomery Shepherd, you have such an amazing role on television's most popular show, and they say to you, we want to spin off a show that's your show. I guess the answer is fully yes. Right, It's hard to say now, And I wonder if you're a little bit like I'm nervous about this, but then it was a hit for like it was a hit several years. Yeah, and I'm sure she's happy rolling in the deep, rolling in the deep? Has it all? Didn't? Could a? Has it all? Didn't? Could a did a? We did have it? Oh, we did have it all? So good. That is why Addison Montgomery Shepherd is number one on top ten Grays Anatomy Character season one through six or seven forgot where we fell off? Lost coach, I mean another one in the basket. Swish swish to quote missus love it. Oh my god, that is Bible now that list, and we know you all agree. And if you don't start to engage with us on social start to engage with us, but also fuck off off nastiness. There was so much rumors and nastiness on Gray's Anatomy. There really was tabloid.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I did not call t R a fagot and then he was invited back years later on the show. All right, well, thanks everyone for listening. And we end every episode with the song STI boo, I don't know why I'm doing Bob Dylan Steel, Bye bye Stop