Speaker 1: I am very overt about the fact that I never want to get married again.
Speaker 2: Why why are you so overt about it? Why are you so vocal and like dead set on it? Why? Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Hello everybody, Hello to the latest installment of the Calm Down Podcast. Aaron and I are so far yet so close together. The countdown is on for our trip to Taylor Swift. Thank you guys so much for all of the feedback on so much beware all the things.
Speaker 2: So we're excited about that. We have a lot going on.
Speaker 1: What are we going to talk about today's sister, We are going to talk about how is the Bellmont incredible? We will get into that. I have a great opportunity to work that for Fox. Aaron also has an update for everybody on her Korean skincare For those of you that are new to the program, look what happened in my face? Or get into that. Who has been singing the praises? But now it sounds like that's not the case anymore, So stay tuned for that. Also, our gal is playing a little hurt today. She was up all night, not on a bender, but boo being a.
Speaker 2: Mom And if you want to call sailing spray a bender, then I am wasted. We'll get to that.
Speaker 1: Welcome more to Okay, Aaron's been doing this move for those of you that can't see her. She takes her stack of papers and like keeps organizing them, like she's got like so many documents that she's going through with over there. And it makes me laugh every time. Aaron's very organized and always has her shit together. What is all we have to question his papers? Did you print out the like what.
Speaker 2: My cute assistant did? Hold on? Can I can I ask? I've seen a lot of people instagram this kind of stuff. I am a three beverage gal. I got the coffee, I got the water, and I got the green. Are you the same? I cannot just have one drink? Am I the same? I feel like you know this about me. I'm surprised I only have one beverage in my hand right now. Anyone that has known me.
Speaker 1: Knows that, for the longest time, a brunch consists of water, coffee, green juice, mimosa yea.
Speaker 2: And then we'll get into the apparel sprint s portion.
Speaker 1: I mean, at any given time, there could be five beverages right in front of me.
Speaker 2: It's excessive. And I also have two different lip glasses, a pen. Yeah, what's in you on your dass? Not what's in your purse? Well, what's in my wallet is not a lot of concealers for my zips that I'm hiding. Really yeah, that right in front of you.
Speaker 1: That's adorable and also very organized. That you have your concealers in a zip block bag.
Speaker 2: Well, because they were in my nasty purse with the gross, dirty bottom, Like it's insane. So what aren't we doing for a purse at tailor's Way? Because I feel like venues see through. I don't know what to do and I only need like credit card, lip gloss, gum, phone, phone, hotel key, Jery can hold that, yeah, mince Oh you say gum gum?
Speaker 1: I panicked, Oh my gosh, we'll get to all the things actually here, No, this is going to take us right to it. So I had the great privilege of being one of the individuals that got to cover the Belmont for Fox, which is very exciting for a guy like me who's currently at the ranch and has always loved horse racing because I used to go to the track with my grandpa when I was a little girl, and he'd give me twenty dollars and he would tell my grandma, don't tell her that we're at the track, and I'll give you money, because he didn't want knowing that he was gambling, because there may or may not have been a problem if you have a problem called one eight hundred gambling, oh not in your respective state.
Speaker 2: But he just gave me some hush money.
Speaker 1: And by the way, as a seven year old getting twenty bucks, mama was ready rich.
Speaker 2: I'd go right up to that.
Speaker 1: Window and I learned how to make the beds and win play show, the whole thing. So imagine my enthusiasm when Fox comes to me last year and they're like, we got the Belmont like and we'd love you to work it. We know your affinity for horse racing, the ponies. I talked about this last week. For those of you that listened to the podcast, thank you. So I was in Saratoga all week now, first time in Saratoga. I went to the Gap a lot of times. I bought many outfits from the Gap, which.
Speaker 2: I gotta say, Gap kids, unbelievable for my child.
Speaker 1: I was going to buy a bunch of stuff for Maxtell at Gap Kids. But then I had to carry on, so that was I going to make it back. But anyways, that was that was fun learning new restaurants. Shout up to the canteen and Saratoga got a lot of mark. Every time Aaron called me, she goes.
Speaker 2: You back to the Mexican restaurant Ram Sureram had a great taco salad, Yes, taco salad and margarita frozen margarita.
Speaker 1: So to the kind people in Saratoga, thank you for being so welcoming.
Speaker 2: Wish.
Speaker 1: I know I've mentioned this before on the podcast and I sound like we're so arrogant for saying this. I just have to think anyone that comes up to me or to Aaron or when we're together or not together, and says that they love the podcast, it makes me so nice. This happened multiple times while I was there, and I just I hope you guys know that it actually really makes me happy, because sometimes Erin and I are like, who's listening?
Speaker 2: But it's adorable and I love all of you guys. Okay, And so face timed me with a couple of fans yes, because I was like, well, let's They're like, I love you, and Aaron I was like, well, let's just call her right now. So it really makes my heart happy.
Speaker 1: So thank you guys for being so generous and giving up a little bit of your time every week to listen if you do so sweet. So backdrop of Saratoga, the oldest racetrack in the country, incredible.
Speaker 2: I had never been there before, which bummed me out. But you're gorgeous.
Speaker 1: Oh you're very sweet, but so so fun And was there and I have this fear, like you do, of having bad breath or bo or just not being frushers. Aaron I like to say, like, we love the freshness. So I am going to a dinner and I realize as I've gone down the elevator and I'm in the lobby, I'm like, shit, I don't have any gum in my purse. I I so then go to the little area in the front of the hotel where they're selling you know, the concessions things like that they don't have any gum.
Speaker 2: I'm like, we have no gum, and I don't want.
Speaker 1: To go all the way back up, just around waiting, waiting, and I'm there right, I'm there for work and anyone like we do not get in that car.
Speaker 2: Be on time. Don't be that person that's late. Sure, So what is it?
Speaker 1: The little concession area is a toothbrush and a toothpaste.
Speaker 2: So what do I do. I buy the toothbrush and toothpaste.
Speaker 1: I throw away the toothbrush because I don't need the toothbrush and I'm eating toothpaste throughout the evening. That's what I did. Instead of having gum, I just squeezed the cress little mini into my mouth while I was out and about. Sorry, I'm not gonna risk and maybe that's gross and maybe that's bad for me. Just a full douse in the mouth, freshness and ready to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's one of the worst things, you know. I appreciate the effort. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: So I was in Saratoga all week, fresh as a daisy, and just got back and got to my ranch.
Speaker 2: And I have learned so many tips and tricks with the ponies.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to get I'm looking at my horse right now out this window, and yeah, well he was very inexpensive. He's not a thoroughbred race horse, okay, And I know that this poor guy out there. I thought that horses just sleep standing up. Well, I was informed from my time in Saratoga with these Thoroughbred horse races that they would love to sit down and sleep if you give them a bed to lay down on.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, when.
Speaker 1: Meat a bed, Well, that's what I'm thinking. So of course I'm like, well, let's get the horse the best bed that you can get. It's like, no, it's like straw or like something that's just saw for the horse to lay down. I feel like such a dick because all I have are these little shavings in my sweet Oz's house out there. So guess who's about to get a full on like set up with a bed.
Speaker 2: This guy, I'm going to be out.
Speaker 1: There shoving some straw into his little stall, and he is going to be a happy camper. I know his life's about to change. His life already has changed. He's loving it out there.
Speaker 2: Where where are you when they the horses go? Like when the race begins, were you there? Were you? Or sat? Where were you? Adorable? Thank you for asking.
Speaker 1: I was in the winter circle because I had the great privilege of presenting the trophy with the Governor of New York, Kathy Hokel and so I'm in the winter circle and it goes by like that, and Dornick, who is one of the owners is Jason Worth who used to cool for the Phillies, and he's won a World Series and it was so fun to see he wasn't the favorite and no one, not a lot of people thought he was going to win.
Speaker 2: He wasn't projected to win.
Speaker 1: So, as Dissa pointing, as it was because I lost money betting on the favorite. It was cool to see sort of the long shot, not.
Speaker 2: Sort of the long shot. He was mid mid range long shot win the race.
Speaker 1: And to have Jason win and I love like asking him afterwards like where this ranked compared to winning a World Series and he was like it beats it, which is cool, Like I mean really like the pinnacle of his profession.
Speaker 2: But then to be an owner.
Speaker 1: Of a horse's school, so yeah, it's credit for the sport too.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about this earlier. I want to talk about trophy presentation interviews or interviews in the winner's circle. I've had the opportunity to do a few at the World Series. You were phenomenal doing yours there. I was getting a big kick. People have no idea, They have no clue how difficult those are. They are so hard. There's so many people, they're all excited. We get that, but you also have a job to do. They always say, do not give up your mic, even if someone is like wrestling it from you. Also, I meant to ask you about my mic to the governor. I saw that, but I wasn't critiquing that part. Were you on the loud speaker? So could you hear yourself too? People also don't understand how difficult that is. You have to block that out or hope to god your ifs are so loud that you can't hear your voice on the loud speaker, because that is so hard.
Speaker 1: Well, it's funny you say that, because it reverberates. And that's what I always think happens with singers, Like we know what. It's like a foregone conclusion that a singer always them out, rip them out of their ears, because they must be hearing some sort of like whether it's static or reverse something. Because if you hear yourself and then you're on a delay, I mean, this is I'm just we're putting it out there. This is not the hardest thing in the world. It's just different than any other part of the job.
Speaker 2: You know what, I'm done saying that because we don't give ourselves an enough criding. It's fucking hard. It's hard. Now I'm not we're not performing brain surgery. We're not you know, in a courtroom trying you know, a case. Blah blah blah. It's hard. Not everyone can do it. I'm sick of everyone thinking they can any who. It's hard. So you have that. Then you got the gentleman in the back that of the others excitement, But wow, he wants to get his word in. You don't want to be a dick, and you want to acknowledge him. But you got places to go before. And I'm sure in your ear they're telling you to wrap. And my man wants to talk about the jockey and the trainer, and you were, you were so you reminded me of Ellen from a Christmas story. So anyway, like you handled it, people have no idea how hard that is. You got everybody wanting to talk. Well, you're very sweet to say that, but it is the number one rule.
Speaker 1: And I actually watched Jim Nance do this, and he talked about it in an interview where that is like the number one role, like you do not give up your microphone.
Speaker 2: And there was a time I don't know which super Bowl he was referencing where you could see my max.
Speaker 1: It's a struggle not taking this thing away because at that point then you lose all control. But yeah, there's a lot and especially again I am the horse racing is not my domain, Like I go into it because of Fox's right, you can't I go out of it, like it is not my thing. So when you're again you don't know who the winner is within that last few seconds. It's not like you're watching a game and it's like someone has a ten point lead or they're up by two touchdowns and you can sit there and plan out like where's the trainer, where's the owner? Like it is like and my biggest fear is, which we've seen this happen in sports, we saw recently, not identifying the right individual and like especially when for them that's like the biggest moment, this is their horse that just won, or a trainer or whatever. So I always want to just caution that I'm like making sure the right people.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you're very sweet. It is not no, it hard yep. The coolest one I've ever done was after the Red Sox one, after the Boston Marathon bombing. I can Poppy like you shouldn't give up your mic, but I gave Poppy my mic so he could reenact the speech of like this is our e fing city. If I'm going to give my mic up to anyone, I'd give it up to that beauty. And then hardest one I've ever done was the San Francisco Giants won the World Series. In San Francisco. It was pouring rain and I was pumped, like you know when you're feeling it. I was like, I freaking nailed this. I lost all my notes because it was raining. I like, I couldn't look down at who I was introducing, who was there. But finally when it was going on, it was going on. But the one thing I kept thinking of is like, I'm looking at Bruce Bochie right now, and I know all my fake eyelashes are all over my face and I'm so sorry Boach, but they weren't. But it was like it was hard. That's so cool though, Like really, I mean, of course.
Speaker 1: If you get to do any of those, but the emotion attached to that Boston one.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine. Oh my god, every night during that World Series, before the first pitch, everybody was crying because they always had a tribute and they always had the first responders, so and so that was injured. It was just like full blown and just what that World Series meant. It was like a relief and peace for that town. It was so amazing. My mom and dad came. It was unbelievable. It was an insane postseason. It was so fun to be a part of. I was raised a Red Sox fan. My dad's from Springfield, my mom's from Rhode Island. It was really really cool. Oh, I can't imagine how you feel. I got excited to go to the All Star Game in Seattle with my mom.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine being on the field and like having your parents see all that.
Speaker 2: They must be like. It was pretty another proud of you. But I don't remember if it was the round before, if it was the World Series. I think it was the World's Series. It was the World Series because my mom and dad were there. But Poppy was annoyed with the media. I don't know if he kind of was not playing well, but something was going on storyline wise, he wasn't speaking to the media, but he did a pregame interview with me in the Red Sox tug Out and that was the media and yeah, only interview he did. And I remember my parents were standing right there and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, my man, I'm so proud of you though, like and but let's go back to what this talks. We talk about relationships. Yeah, building those relationships and earning that because that's so special. And when you actually get to have it come to fruition where it's like that reputation or not. You know, yes, the reputation, but also the the equity that you've built up in the friendship can pay off in that moment is really special. So you're there to do your job and if if that job means that you get access to somebody that's not given anyone else access, good on you girl. You Carson Belmont, you degree you're Aaron is like the biggest supporter. She's so sweet, Like she'll text me throughout a broadcast that like she's you know, obviously on Sunday she's busy, she's working, but when she's not working and she always I don't know, you always make a point to be so supportive, and I just love you for that.
Speaker 2: Thank you. We were out to lunch. We were Mac was having his first rack of rips and vanilla ice cream, and I turned on my YouTube TV. Not an ad, but I'd love it to be, and I had my girl on. I was like, so worried that your feature had already played. I was like, Jared, they already ran the race and it was actually an hour before. They hadn't even run it yet. But it's like, you're like the same way. I just kind of have you on, like I want to know what's going on.
Speaker 1: You know, I love you And shout out to our girl Carcy Phipps and Harpburq on. Anyone that's a long time listener of the Calm Down Podcast knows that she's busy. Carcie is always busy. She's got things going on in that they're such a great family. Hey, what's not great though, is Aaron. We alluded to it at the beginning here, You've got a little situation with the Korean skincare what's happened.
Speaker 2: Got a little I got a little build up going on on the shin, which is always my issue. That's always my concern area. Finally went and got a facial today, and you know, when they are spending more time on the extraction versus the lifting and tightening, we got an issue. So basically I came clean and I said, I stopped using the products you sell here and I started using Korean skincare. And one thing about Korean skincare, which I was excited about because I fell for all the ads, was the dual cleansing. We do our oil cleansing first and then we do our foaming cleansing. I was doing that twice twice a day, in the morning and at night. What I've learned, because I'm a t zone gal, we don't need to be putting any more oil on these pores that we already have. We had a massive blockage. So what we have going on right now is probably like I am like a push pad. What do you call it? Like I was going to say braille, but that's not appropriate, Like it is the real there's a lot of there's a lot lot of texture on my skin.
Speaker 1: Your chin is just Yeah, we've got elevations that we don't even know yet.
Speaker 2: We're climbing Everest and wow, wowie wawser since so we're gonna lay back a little bit on the Korean skincare, which is good because I was very worried about packing it for Europe, for Taylor, I was worried about how I was going to pack it for football guys.
Speaker 1: The fact that she thinks about how she's going to pack her skincare is bananas to me.
Speaker 2: I'm like a twelve year old girl right now.
Speaker 1: I am so envious that she plans and even thinks about things like that.
Speaker 2: You're lucky if it's a lot to plan anything. But I need to go back at this for a second.
Speaker 1: The skincare world is so confusing, and sometimes it feels like a little bit of a racket. I'm not gonna lie, and you know what, it's causing congestion well, because it's like, oh, do this, okay, but don't do this, and then you do this thing is working. It's like then sometimes be honestly, I do nothing and it's like the best my face ever looked.
Speaker 2: I go and get all these faces and then.
Speaker 1: I get break out and it's like I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing.
Speaker 2: Actually said the same thing today. Are these facials are all these things like causing the zits and we should just go back to what we were doing. Like I don't know what to do because I have the oil cleanser and then I got that little powder that's in there and it mixes and I love it and it feels so good, and then it's like it's working, and then like a week later, it's not working, and then I break the glass bottle all over the shower. So now I'm picking up while naked, shards of glass off the bottom of the shower. And so I'm like, I just don't know how I'm for Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: No, and I'm not consistent with any regiment in my life because I get bored with it. Or then I'm like, oh it's running low and I definitely didn't you know, buy it.
Speaker 2: It's been advanced. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's just all overwhelming. And then I think to myself, like less is more like my mom growing up, she used like washed her face with like a bar of soap and used oil of let oil. Volet anyone know that, Like is it's a white bottle black little?
Speaker 2: Isn't it funny?
Speaker 1: How you like I remember that smell and like watching her get ready in the morning. By the way, her ready is like just lotion and spraying Elizabeth Arden sunflower perfume. I know, but like those things like remind me of her and has perfect skin, has never had a ZiT in their whole life.
Speaker 2: So I just don't know what to do.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're going left, we're going right, we're going up, we're going down with skincare. Somebody make it simple for me.
Speaker 2: Can I you know, I probably need a blood transfusion after all the blood I lost today with those extractions, But can I talk to you about I was talking to Ash about this. There's always that one or two area that you know will have a black head or need like a little bit of extraction. I have one that I always can go to every two weeks. Wait then I'm like a jew machin. Yeah, I just know it's like a white like not a white head, but it's got a little bit of what I like to call it.
Speaker 1: I get real excited about those black heads because I know they're coming out, and they're coming out without any kind of repercussion. And when I go and I get those little maybe we've talked about this safety pins that's not.
Speaker 2: Always the cleanesto.
Speaker 1: But then I'm like, I'm excited when I find a safety pin in the bottom of the dingebag and I'm like, ooh, this is going to prevent scarring.
Speaker 2: Go right into the poor get her out.
Speaker 1: There's such satisfaction when it just pops right out.
Speaker 2: Now, I did that last week, but still came to the facial with like a red bomb and she goes, Now, what you did was you pushed it down farther. There's more in there. Now I'm bleating again, and you can't win. Now.
Speaker 1: I can't win in a predicament that I'm in, and I might get in trouble from my significant other for bringing this up, but I feel like this is a safe space here the Calm Down podcast platform. So I'm going to present this question based off of a little bit of and it's not been identified this situation I'm in and has not been diagnosed. I'm just seeing some signs that might make me believe that that's where we're headed.
Speaker 2: I saw this sign and it opened up my eyes.
Speaker 1: So I have talked at nauseum about my divorces and my last divorce. Yes, I know this just and I got robbed and I got divorced. You hadline you can always count on with me, But I have made it.
Speaker 2: Did anyone know that? Anyways? And it there we go.
Speaker 1: We live to tell the tale, but I make it very overt. I am very overt about the fact that I never want to get married again.
Speaker 2: Don't Why Why are you so overt about it? Why are you so vocal and like dead said on it? Why?
Speaker 1: Because the first time I got married, I was very young, and I chalked up the first time to getting married to just being young and dumb and okay. Then I said, I don't I don't like losing. You don't like losing, And I was like, ooh, that really sucks. Like took, I got it. I got an l in that calling right now. So the second time around, the individual had never been married before, and I didn't feel that it was fair to be so full stop on marriage when that person wanted to get married. It was important to that person, and I didn't want to take away something from them that they wanted just because of my past. So I was like, okay, I also didn't get to know that person right right. There's any other subplots to that headline, but the headline there is that person wanted to get married, and I didn't want to take that away from them, So, against my better judgment, for a lot of reasons, but also just in general, I was like, fine, I'll get married again. Get married again.
Speaker 2: It's not what really you wanted. It wasn't what I wanted at all. I didn't want to get married.
Speaker 1: Again after the first loss, because who wants to keep doing that. I was totally fine, and even I even got married the first time, honestly, not kind of on like I don't want to say a bet. So I was like, I went there to break up with the guy, because this is a whole therapy session. I went there to break up with him because the minute I start getting attached, I like retreat because I don't want to get too close because then I might be dependent on someone else for happiness and I want to control my own happiness. So this is twenty four year old me, still thirty three year old me, the same, but sure start to get too close, so gonna back away. I'll try to be succinct with this explanation to get us to where we are in the current day. So I go to break up with him. He says, we're not breaking up, We're getting married. We I go, okay, we go to Hollywood and get tattoo rings. I've never had a tattoo. He had never had a tattoo, get ring tattoos. And then four days later I was like, well, if I'm gonna get married, we're gonna get married on a beach in Laguna Beach, because I want to get married on a beach. He said, Okay, I pull out a Forever twenty one white dress out of my closet.
Speaker 2: I wear that. I get flowers on the side of the road, and polaroids were our pictures.
Speaker 1: That was the wedding, so I was thinking, this is great. I never really wanted the big wedding, so I didn't have to have it. We crashed somebody else's wedding because it's in June in Laguna at the hotel. We're staying out, I'm cutting someone else's cake. Like I mean, it was great. It was all very like ran am on the dance floor with the bride. I'm like, I got married to yeah, so fine, that all happens. And then second time around, I'm like, okay, I'll do it the right way. I actually want my parents at this wedding because I never had my dad walk me down the aisle. So I get to make up for some of the things I never thought I wanted but have. Okay, now we got two strikes. I don't know about you, but I'm in the batter's box and I look into strike out for the third and final time, and I just don't want to make this fail to make this commitment again when the first two times I was like, not really into it anyways, to then do it again. Not the relationships per se, but this idea of marriage, like, oh, we're gonna be so much stronger or so much better if we get married, like my Goldie Han Kurt Russell mentality is if we're not married, every single day, I get to wake up and decide I want to be with you, Like I don't have to be with you, but I get to be with you.
Speaker 2: I want to be with you. Is that okay for him? Correct? So this is you, guys. This is where I'm at right now. Now.
Speaker 1: Steve has not said this. He has not come out and said I want to get married. He hasn't said that. But I'm feeling a little bit guilty that I'm so and this is I just need to have the conversation with him, is what's happening. But instead you guys are letting me have and you never have no because I just have never put it as an option on the table. It's kind of like when your parents said, like, we're not getting a dog. You can't We're not having a dog. You're never getting a dog. Get over a kid, or we're never having a cat. Your dad's allergic. So just you think, Okay, I'm never going to get that. I never have given Steve the option like we're going to get married, because I just took it off the table before it could even be a conversation.
Speaker 2: So right now you're Joe in the Tortured Poets Society Like you're Joe. You took everything off like the table.
Speaker 1: All roads lead back to Taylor. We are ever getting back together?
Speaker 2: Back come.
Speaker 1: So I bring all this up to get your guys's advice too. Do I approach him and say like, hey, are you feeling so, because maybe he'd be like, Noah, I'm good, but I've already taken having a baby off the table, which he agrees with. He says he doesn't want to have a baby, so that part, but I haven't really heard him ever say like I don't want to marry you.
Speaker 2: I've never heard him say that. I just I've always heard you say it. I've never heard him say it.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: So, And then I willing a little bit over you and said I don't like that, and I want you to get married, But.
Speaker 1: Why do you want me to get married when you know it's caused me so much pain? Because these aren't the same people.
Speaker 2: But I do agree with in this day and age, does it really even matter anymore? Like you bring up you know, Kurt Russlong, Goldie Han, they're adorable. There's actually a lot of other people that do it too. But I do think you should find out if that's okay with him.
Speaker 1: I know, And it could be a really simple question. I mean like I could just walk outside and be like, hey, did you ever want to get married? And I just didn't present that to you, Or it could be like.
Speaker 2: Can we talk? Can we talk? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm just having her so hard because there's like certain things like he's just acting in a different way that I'm used to, not in a bad way, just different, And so I'm like, now this is what you and I do. It's what we do at work. We all of a sudden are not getting found in a rabbit hole and we're getting fired. And the boss said call me because he wanted me to go work another event. So I fired myself before I even give the person an opportunity to maybe promote me.
Speaker 2: I don't know, lost all feeling in my extremities, like feeling like my chest is tightening, definitely going to have some sort of stroke. Oh hey, I was just checking to see if he could make it to dinner next week. Well I can't because I'm actually had cedars on an IV because they're checking my heart rate because I just convinced myself I'm off the A crew.
Speaker 1: And it's honestly the missing this year context. Somebody, if you're a boss, is hey, why don't you give me a call and to get a chance or just call me or you have a minute.
Speaker 2: He just tried you. Hey, just tried you. That's also about that's a bad one. Hey, just ties you.
Speaker 1: I know, I just saw the miss Paul, and that's why I didn't answer, because they're already assuming the words. Hey, quick question when you get a minute? No, no, no, like how quick, Like you're fired or we're going in a different direction.
Speaker 2: Going in a different direction sounds a little longer. That's not quick.
Speaker 1: So yeah, So I would love your thoughts, comments and concerns, questions, comments and concerns on how I.
Speaker 2: Should approach this situation with Steve.
Speaker 1: Do I just go because he's so like, maybe that's my problem just like he's awesome, which, by the way, like I have intel, I have intel that basically one of my family members, your family member, Ogden Phipps, loves him, Like well that that's like, that's like my you know, that's like the end all be all. If he is an endorser of anything, I'm in on it. But I'm let me just put a bow on this conversation before we continue. Once I really get answers, why is it that you what's the thing with marriage? Like why did you like growing up? Did you want to get married? Like what is it about marriage for you that like feels like the right thing to have done with Jared?
Speaker 2: Like because I don't get it. You know what's crazy is that I felt like a lot of pressure was off us once we got married. I felt like I put so much pressure on our relationship until we got engaged or married, because I knew I was in it for the long haul. I knew this is the person I wanted to be with. I knew that, you know, this was like it for me, but I and I guess i'd known that from him. But also, like, let's be honest, we work in this world. We have a lot of guy friends. It's like, are we doing this? Are we not doing this? I feel like a woman asking that more than it is the guy. Yeah that was me. Yeah. But then it was like once we got engaged, once we got married, I kind of chilled well, I wanted to chilled out. Uh here Wednesday, I chilled out at all. I felt less pressure with our relationship. It was funny. One of my really good friends actually said that to us, maybe like a month ago. She was just like, you guys have almost gotten stronger with all the crap you've been through, versus like, amazing how much it's hurt you. Because then this is always funny, hear, there are some times we didn't think you guys would come back. You know, you have some doozy of a fights when you're dating and stuff like that, which is through a lot of stuff together. Yeah, but I feel like we are just like our friendship, like our commitment towards each other. I mean that's how I feel about it. I just hit them, like sorry, Brian, but yeah, I felt like it took a lot of pressure off. Yeah that's interesting. Yeah, I think that for me.
Speaker 1: Obviously, my experience with marriage hasn't been great, So why do you want to jump back into something that hasn't been good? Like, hey, jump back into that deep end. The last two times you might be drowned. Maybe have floaties on this time. It's like, who says floaties?
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I was just curious. So I would love anyone's thoughts if they've been in similar situations where it's like the partner just takes things off the table before they're ever in an option, And then do you get resemble at one point like we're going to be fifty years old, like this is.
Speaker 2: My boyfriend state boyfriend? Boyfriend?
Speaker 1: Like boyfriend sounds like so insignificant in the big scheme of thing, but then what my partner? It's like, I don't know, that's not weird. So anyway, that's just where I'm at. We're out of time, unfortunately, because.
Speaker 2: We're actually not. Ryan wants us to have longer podcasts. Do you have a few minutes or do you have to seattle?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, all I have to do is make Oz's bed for him. Do you want to go over a couple of headlines? I would love nothing more than to do that. I really wanted to hear what you have to say about this. Okay, we're going threadsheets count? Do thread counts really matter when buying bad sheets? Experts reveal the truth thread count has little to do with the actual quality of your sheets, despite what the industry has put out there. Thoughts. I'm going to go right back to what we just talked about with skincare.
Speaker 1: I think it's there's some of these companies that have like all the ingredients and all these things cost so much, so the price of the skincare has to go up, and the sheets same thing, like all these materials that you're using. That's like, look, get this into the the buzzword of thread count, so it drives the sheets up. Or the marketing like a Chanel lip gloss could be the same as Cover Girl but actual ingredients, but all the marketing and the packaging and all the stuff of the Chanelle makes it forty five dollars and Cover Girl is twenty dollars. I say this to be like, you know, I'm very honest about my my home design. I never went to school for interior design. I don't even know half the terminology for home design. I just know that if I did a blind test and I felt one set of sheets and another set of sheets, I wouldn't equate thread count with the ones that feel better. It's like what feels better for my personal preference. Like some people can like that jersey material like T shirt. I'm like, I like more of a silky like soft sheet. So I have no idea if that makes the sheets better. I think it's all personal preference.
Speaker 2: With my side sleeper on my face, I just bought a silk pillow case. I know that sounds dirty, but like I feel like we got to do everything we can at this point to save No, no, no, no, I don't Why does that sound dirty? That's actually really good, so you're not smashing your face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But like like linen, never ever ever be on linen sheets, like as a woman, because that material is so rough. Like I love the look of linen, but not when it comes, because they sell those. I sell linen sheets, like if you want that, like to loom look vibe not on this face.
Speaker 2: I don't. I've been looking like the sandy beaches. I'm sure mine looks like, Yo, you look great. You need not. I do love. I'm a terrible host, but I should have transitioned with how many Americans still believe in true love? After our big talk about your talk you're about to have? How many Americans still believe in true love? Good news for anyone seeking a mark of romance this summer. True love is still alive, as seventy percent of Americans believe it exists. Who are Oh my god, I love that. I love love.
Speaker 1: That's why we talked about it on the pregame with the sweet person that submitted the question of like, how you okay? You talked about this and Nat You're okay? They bed bugs, probably more bumps the pregame question that we got this week. One of them was about how soon should you start dating after you get a divorce? And my whole thing has always been like why I got back? Even if I think marriage isn't.
Speaker 2: For me, I love love like I love it.
Speaker 1: It's part of the reason why, like I'm so happy in my life right now, which is also why I don't want to fuck it up with a marriage, because love is like if you have My dad always would say this to me, if you have all these things in your life, all these great things, but you don't have anyone to share it with, Like then what Like my first call when anything good would happen in my life, even when I was in relationships, was always to my dad because I wanted tom, I wanted him to be proud of me. It's my dad, my mom and dad couldn't wait to tell them the news. And now they're not my first call, second call, and Steve's my first call. And it's like I want, like everyone to be in love and I want everyone to be happy because you think about your life, like how much better it is with Jared, Like it's it's the reason you like get excited to do any kidding, I mean, like think about it, like yeah, yeah, it's not every day now I'm fucking perfect. But going on a trip, you want to go to Mexico by yourself or would you rather go with your best friend. I'll never forget what you said to me. We were in Montana. I like that. Remember this when we were in Montana and I did not want to go home, and I was like, oh, I'm going to stay a few days, and You're like, I want to go home. I want to go see my husband because I really like him. And I was like, ooh that like and it's It was one of those moments where.
Speaker 2: I was like, fuck, I long for the day to have that. So yay, love Elle, Yay, you have to go the way you look at me, I like this one. I think we both feel the same about this. I have dealt with this and when I okay, wait. Taylor Swift defends Lady Gaga. We saw that whole thing. People were calling Lady Gaga pregnant, ridic and obviously Taylor Wade in which I thought was magical. But you gotta believe one of the reasons why she weighed in was the week before. I remember I was in Mexico and these people were posting videos of her on tour and they were like, she's pregnant, she's pregnant, and I just two things. I get. We were not at her level. I can't even imagine being at that level. We are in front of the camera for a living. I have posted a photo before of myself on Instagram. It was actually from week eighteen of the season. It was me and my coworkers and I guess I didn't suck in and somebody were, you're pregnant, and I just thought, no, can't get pregnant, actually, but thanks for asking. And I also remember when Jennifer Aniston came out with her whole thing. I forgot if it was lilast year where she was like talking about how many times she went through IVF she couldn't get pregnant. She was like, and then there were the times I'm bloated or whatever's going on, and I'm going through IVF and people thought I were go to hell? Like enough, are we really still here where we're commenting on women's bodies. Yeah? I mean this chick, Taylor Swift and what she does four to five nights a week on tour in high heels, moving and grooven. She can look however she wants to look. That chick is in great shape. And to do that about lady Gagachu, you have no clue what people are going through in their lives. Maybe they are doing IVF, maybe they are trying go to hell.
Speaker 1: Maybe they have anything else going on. Maybe there's some something in their body that's making them being weight. There's hormoes, there's all these things. Put it this way, let's make it simple. Stop commenting on women's bodies period and vil like you're too fat, you're too skinny, there's too there's so I mean, there's a million different ways that people go out.
Speaker 2: Women like you don't know what they're going through. And not just women.
Speaker 1: I know that guys can be attacked too, but the whole pregnancy thing, Like, I'm so glad that you just said that about your situation, like you no, I would love to be pregnant, you asshole?
Speaker 2: Is what you want to rank? Get it? But then it's like, you know what, probably should lay off the chips and salsa. Actually maybe a little bloated. Yeah you would. It's wild, And I'm so glad she said something because obviously it came from a place where I saw what they were doing to.
Speaker 1: Her the week before. Yeah, stop, everyone, just be kind. In the words of Cinderella, as I go and clean the attic and the horses stall, I always love the expression have courage and.
Speaker 2: Be kind, Have courage, and be kind. I mean, God, is there any better? Like? I just love that movie so much, love that movie. My battery is gonna die.
Speaker 1: Okay anyways, no, no, no, I know, I just don't want it to cut off before Kurt we upload this.
Speaker 2: I love you so much.
Speaker 1: Was fun.
Speaker 2: We should do this more off in another ten minutes. Ryan loves it great.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: I love you guys.
Speaker 1: Thank you for everyone that listens, and I would love your input so I can stay in a loving, healthy relationship. Thank you for making this a safe space to talk about my feelings.
Speaker 2: Saves you, don't leave me. Don't leave me, Steve, don't le me. Calm down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.