Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong and Jack Kid and No Armstrong and Eddy.
Speaker 2: The reality is it's the most complex supply chain in the world and they're able to make him at one thousand dollars is because of the supply chain that's really been built over the last decade. You build that in the US, there'll be thirty five.
Speaker 3: Hundred dollar iPhones.
Speaker 2: It will take Apple thirty billion dollars and three years to move just ten percent of the supply chain to the US.
Speaker 4: Who is that giant tongue human dan ives tech head, whatever that is. I had trouble understanding him.
Speaker 1: Um okay.
Speaker 4: That party through it at the end because I was about to say, oh, well, yeah, if starting today you had to make iPhones in the United States, they would cost thirty five hundred dollars. This is not hard to believe.
Speaker 1: But there'd be all kinds of adjustments.
Speaker 4: Around a variety of things to make it as cheap as possible that I'm sure Apple would come up with something. No doubt they'd be more expensive than I don't know, child slave labor in China or whatever we're using to get our BRANCT. You can't beat slave labor for cheap goods, folks, there's just no denying that. Oh my god, our tech industries have shown us the way it would be substantially more expensive closer to the big number than the current number from everything I've read. But yeah, well that is take many years again, as he mentioned, so we got some people that are going to some boosters for this plan you'll hear from in just a second. Not a booster David Sanger in the New York Times today. Of course, he's a lefty, so he's going to be against this. So are a lot of the conservative economics I've seen, like practically all of them. But this whole Chinese tariff thing that kicked in last night on China one hundred and four percent tariff on Chinese goods coming into the United States starting at midnight last night, And as David Sanger points out in the New York Times today, that is everything from car parts to iPhones to practically everything that's on the shelf at Walmart or on Amazon's app.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of stuff.
Speaker 4: And if he points out, if you remember how quickly the supply chain problems showed up during COVID. You have a little bit of knowledge of how short the turnaround is on shelves. Shelves were empty at Target and Walmart, like within days when the whole COVID thing hits. So it's not going to take long before these tariff things kicked in, or the tariff kicks in and you're paying more, or there's just not stuff there. I think it'll be pretty noticeable, like next week.
Speaker 5: One of the great developments of the modern world, which has saved all of us money is the just in time delivery system, the computerized inventory systems. You don't need gigantic warehouses full of say, paper towels. You know, in case there's a problem, you've got six months worth of paper towels. As a retailer, No, you just you order them when you need them, they show up just before you need them.
Speaker 3: You put them on the shelves.
Speaker 5: On the other hand, if there's a big disruption, obviously there's a big disruption. I just I believe, as I indicated last hour, with pretty good certainty, not great, that with the exception of China, all the trade war stuff is going to be very short lived. Now the China stuff, which I admit is a huge issue in and of itself.
Speaker 3: I have no idea how long this lasts.
Speaker 1: Well wow, And.
Speaker 4: If it lasts very long, I mean you talk about the heart of Trump's voting base, that crowd that shops at Walmart, and if they start seeing things much more expensive or not there quickly, it'd be interesting to watch how the politics plays out on this. So what people's tolerance for pain is with the belief that it's worth it for long term manufacturing coming back, we make this stuff here in the long run.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah. We all know that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Donald Jay is in the White House thinking China, you need us more than we need you, and Shijin Ping is saying you need.
Speaker 3: Us more than we need you. Let's get it on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's interesting. One thing that David Sanger mentions in this piece.
Speaker 1: Is that.
Speaker 4: There were all this happened. I mean, this is a pretty big deal because China has retaliated. That's breaking news today if you haven't heard it. Eighty four percent tariff on US goods going into China, whatever that's going to do. All of this happened without by American and Chinese accounts. According to The New York Times, there was no conversation between Trump and Xi or engagement senior aides before the country's plunged into this trade war, So there is no conversation to try to derail this. They heard about it in the news. We heard about it in the news. We're not talking to each other over.
Speaker 3: This, right right.
Speaker 5: Well, Trump obviously decided to go with his playbook that he's been using on all countries lately, well almost all countries, in all instances of No, we're going to institute the draconian tariffs and you're going to back down. We're not going to talk about it to avoid it. No, I'm going to enact them, and then you're going to back down, and chess and things said.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not where it ends. Nobody knows.
Speaker 4: So here's Senator Tom Cotton, Republican hawk on China, talking about this.
Speaker 6: I think one of the best things President Trump has done in the tariff announcement is what he's done with China, not just starting with twenty percent, adding thirty four percent, threatening them that if they retaliated, he would do more, which they've done. He's moved it now to fit another fifty percent, and he's closed the Domnimus loophole which allowed companies like tim Timu and Shane to exploit American businesses to ship goods here that are a cheap jump without paying any tariff whatsoever. So I think that's part of the most important thing President Trump has done in these tariffs.
Speaker 4: Tom Cotton a smart guy. He's on the side of this re China. So I'm happy to hear that. You want to hear somebody else bringing the fire in support of these ideas. Kevin O'Leary. Maybe you know him if you ever watch Shark Tank. He's one of your big venture capitalists of super rich, powerful dudes, and he was on CNN saying this one.
Speaker 7: Hundred and four percent tariffs in China are not enough. I'm advocating four hundred percent. I do business in China. They don't play by the rules. They've been in the WHO for decades. They have never abided by any of the rules they agreed to when they came in for decades. They cheat, they steal, they steal ip I can't litigate in their courts. They take product, technology, they steal it, they manufacture.
Speaker 1: And sell it back here.
Speaker 7: Never has an administrator four. I want, like Chi on an airplane to Washington to level the playing fielding.
Speaker 1: Let's see a little more from him and then we'll discuss it.
Speaker 7: Says not about tariffs anymore. Nobody has taken on China yet, not the Europeans, no administration.
Speaker 3: For decades.
Speaker 7: As someone who actually does business there, I've had enough. I speak for millions of Americans who have ip that have been stolen by the Chinese. I have nothing against the Chinese people. They've brought great literacy, art, and tech to the world. The government cheats and steals. And finally an administration. You may not like Trump, you may not like his style or his rhetoric. Finally an administration that puts up and says enough four hundred percent tariffs tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: How about that.
Speaker 5: I love that we are such a heroin junkie for cheap Chinese crap and labor and the rest of it. You know, the the argument that I could hear the gall on CNN starting to make was that, well, you know, if we give up this heroin, we're gonna pew can sweat for days, and it's going to be really uncomfortable. And what Kevin O'Leary's saying is this is way beyond overdue, and he's right. We cannot be utterly dependent on an overtly hostile regime that's also powerful enough to bring the hurt.
Speaker 3: It's insane.
Speaker 5: So putting aside the whole Britain in Canada and Mexico stuff, which a lot of it I think is way more damaging than it needed to be by Trump, I'm with him one hundred percent on the Chinese stuff. We've been talking about this for years. It's got to play out. It's not optional whether we decouple to the greatest extent possible with China. It is not optional. It's begun.
Speaker 4: It's interesting that he talks about how much China breaks the rules. You know, there are all kinds of trade, international trade rules, and they break the rules all the time.
Speaker 1: They pay no price work.
Speaker 5: Anybody who's ever done business for an extended period can think of, you know, a business relationship, maybe an employee or employer or a client or whatever. It was a scumbag and just you didn't like them personally, but you did so much business with them it was a net positive, so you just dealt with it. That's China China is a scumbag as a trading partner, as a manufacturer, as an everything. But it was so profitable and so attractive, so cheap, you just thought, you know what, it's still a net positive. But you know, you get farther far enough down that road and you find yourself just all sorts of vulnerable to the aforementioned scumbags.
Speaker 3: China As important as all this is.
Speaker 5: Jack, I think this might be more important to good longtime friend of the Armstrong and Getty show just texted me. I'm traveling and noticed dudes are now wearing yoga pants.
Speaker 1: W A TF, I haven't seen that.
Speaker 3: Men wearing yoga pants to fly? Come on in.
Speaker 5: China, come on in the Axis Powers. We never would have warred in World War Two? And yoga pants, Jack, There's no arguing with that.
Speaker 8: Yes, Katie, if I saw a dude wearing yoga pants, my gadar would explode. H I could not think of a straight man that would put on a pair of yoga pants.
Speaker 5: There are pants of various styles so comfortable and flexible and light you don't even know you're wearing them without donning the yoga pants.
Speaker 1: How comfortable do you all need? To be.
Speaker 4: I just don't understand the I have chafing issues, never ending pursuit of maximum comfort, like you're laying in bed for everything you do, work or travel.
Speaker 1: I just I don't quite get it.
Speaker 8: Okay, uncomfortable though, because yoga pants are tight well.
Speaker 5: Right, and I don't know how much you know about the male anatomy, but there are things that don't respond well to tight, or maybe they're not there anymore. Maybe these are, you know, mid transition fellas. Certainly the feeling you're giving out if you are rocking the yoga pants boys, seriously, one man to another, cut it out.
Speaker 4: My son and his friends with there's some sort of slip on shoe and like pajama pants, the big switch. It's like everybody rolls out of bed and does their life every day. I don't know if it's going to last forever.
Speaker 8: That was that was big in high school. A lot of high schoolers where pajamas out.
Speaker 3: It's like the Cottar high schools.
Speaker 5: Katie back in the day, combat boots, double sick jeans.
Speaker 1: Just in case, three piece suit with vest. Oh she stops.
Speaker 5: Fighting, gloves, brass knuckles. That's the way we went to algebra class. Thank god, we can't go any further down the comfort road. I mean, we're at the maximum end of it, I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean I was gonna say other nakedness, but that is distinctly uncomfortable in a variety of weather conditions and or the presence of insects.
Speaker 1: Park bench.
Speaker 5: Well, that's another excellent point. So yeah, I think we are at the height. So our Trump's tariffs legal What are the the court fights that are about to start? Trust me, what are they going to look like? We'll hit that a little later in the show. Maybe this hour, maybe next hour. If you don't get next hour, grab it via podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. Idaho has become the first state to legalize firing squads for convicted pedophiles.
Speaker 3: Wow, stay with us for live team coverage.
Speaker 4: And I just saw this breaking news. Defense Secretary Pete Hegsath's top advisor is recommending the Defense department cut ties with the boy Scouts for being too woken. I hate to hear that.
Speaker 1: I do too. I'm a grand a scout of that. Yeah, I'm gonna look into that anyway.
Speaker 4: He got more on the waist to hear Armstrong, that is a guy demonstrating how to fold a fitted sheet? Is the crowd chance fold that sheet? And apparently he can fold a fitted sheet? And how do you do that? Because I've never been able to do anything other than more or less watt it up in a ball and shove it in a closet. To me, the operative question is more, uh, why was there a crowd?
Speaker 7: There?
Speaker 5: Some decent questions. Well, I marvel at his skills. Indeed, what was going on there?
Speaker 3: Katie?
Speaker 1: I have no idea. I think that Michael was that you. Yeah, he could fold the sheet though.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's a guy who used social media and got seven hundred people to gather around and uh, but.
Speaker 4: Does he have a skill for actually folding the sheep? That's what we care about because it's one of the great annoyances of life.
Speaker 3: I assume.
Speaker 1: So I just thought it was a good audio.
Speaker 3: You know, you haven't seen it, okay. No, I haven't seen it.
Speaker 4: No one's seen it, okay, So that takes the fun out of it. I have question isn't whether he's good at sheets.
Speaker 1: The question is the pill hundreds of people doing that's.
Speaker 4: There was a guy within an hour's drive that could show me how to fold a fitted sheet.
Speaker 1: I would drive there this afternoon.
Speaker 3: Oh stop it.
Speaker 8: I have seen a few women that actually lay it out upside down and they lay down in the middle of it and stick their hands in and then fold their body together.
Speaker 1: And I've seen that work, but I have not tried it.
Speaker 4: And then do you have to stay in it like a mummy or do you get to leave? You get to leave after she does that?
Speaker 1: Or what fighter out?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 5: Okay, did you have a story about the military? I often have time.
Speaker 4: I was gonna mention that, Yeah, this is breaking from NBC News, and I don't know how big a deal this is. I'll look into it more later, but it just came out. Senior advisor to Pete Hagzet, who's the Secretary of Events, is for the military to cut ties with scouting America.
Speaker 1: They're tied quite closely. I don't know if you know this. My son just got into scouting.
Speaker 4: And there is a fairly consistent line for a lot of people, especially like Eagle Scouts, who end up in the military and do well. And there are benefits to getting into the military if you've got the scouting background blah blah blah blah. But the second death is being recommended to not give a speech he was supposed to give to scouting, that it's been captured by the woke and we'll look into this.
Speaker 1: I had hate for that to be true.
Speaker 4: I mean, then changing their name. That doesn't bother me as much as does a lot of you. I realize it's like giving into a certain sort of attitude. It's the it's the inside, behind the scenes DEI stuff. I'm more worried about than the changing of the name.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would like to know more about why that advisor that. My initial reaction is, Hey, Pete, go in there and deliver a barn burner fire the boys up, talk to them about patriotic values and service and the rest of it.
Speaker 3: Let's not leave scouting to the lunatics.
Speaker 4: Well, I, my son is signed up for a day long DEI training session, and I'm not just using the term DEI like it looks like DEI to me. That's what they're calling it. God help us as part of the boy Scouts for some sort of badge you get. So I'm a little concerned about it.
Speaker 3: A little.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm going to stay out of it because it's you and your son. So I'll let you speak any words that are spoken on the topic. Myself, I am horrified by the idea.
Speaker 4: But as I said last week, so many amazing volunteers that make that whole thing work. I mean, just amazing people dedicating their time. But let me say, build fires and you know, float around in canoes and learn to climb mountains and stuff.
Speaker 1: No DEI.
Speaker 3: Speaking of the Defense Department.
Speaker 5: There have been a couple of headlines that have gotten very little attention in recent days. In the news, a judge has said, no, you can't ban transgender folks.
Speaker 3: From various jobs.
Speaker 5: Good news is pete hegseeth went away and said, or went ahead rather and said men and women's same physical standards. Of course, we'll talk about that coming up, Cool, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: When does the average person panic with their phone battery percentage? And it's according to CBS Evening News, it's thirty four percent. That's when the average person panics. Thirty four percent getting kind of low. Can we talk about the word panic? I don't know if panic is the feeling that I get. I think it's more of a I should probably plug this in soon, which.
Speaker 5: Is I remember when a guy with a knife was chasing me through city streets.
Speaker 3: That was something like panic. My cell phone's down to thirty percent. That is not much.
Speaker 4: And the latest on the Chicken Jockey phenomenon, what is it now? It's growing. I might actually go this weekend and participate with my son.
Speaker 5: I have an important story in just a moment, but I can't resist this big day in college baseball yesterday in Teaneck, New Jersey, where both of my parents grew up.
Speaker 1: Layman College. Did they meet there.
Speaker 3: In high school? Yep.
Speaker 5: Layman College, with its forty two game losing streak, came up against Yeshiva University and their one hundred game I'm sorry at the time, ninety nine game losing streak.
Speaker 1: Well, how many seasons is that? Combined?
Speaker 5: One hundred and forty one straight losses between the two teams. Here's the exciting part, Jack. They played a double header. Layman won the opener, but Yeshiva stormed back in game two.
Speaker 3: And captured the victory. They both have a win.
Speaker 5: I tell you what you got, the two losing his college teams in the country.
Speaker 4: You've got to play. Wow, how many seasons is a one hundred game losing streak? That's gonna be years.
Speaker 3: It's gotta be a couple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, three tah.
Speaker 4: That's tough on the kids, tough on the coach, tough on the fans, the parents because my son's volleyball team just went through a losing streak and it's got you know, the players get down, parents start to think, what am I doing here?
Speaker 3: Yea, the all time losing streak two and twenty eight? Sick? Can you give games?
Speaker 5: The cal Tech Beavers lost from two thousand and three to two thousand Tech has sports teams.
Speaker 1: That's the first long conference. Why do you.
Speaker 4: Have sports teams at Caltech? You're all a bunch of Nobel Prize winning scientists.
Speaker 5: Final note, Yeshiva alumnus and comic Ititon Levine called the matchup quote statistically the worst baseball game of all time. Anyway, congratulations to both the teams capturing a win. So this is the sort of self evidently reasonable thing that should be completely unremarkable. But we had gotten as a country so far off track, the track being common sense and reasonableness, that this seems notable. Pete Hegzeth the other day, I've been wanting to get to this for several days. Signed a memo ordering the military to adopt the same standards for men and women serving in combat roles on Sunday, which is again so self evidently reasonable.
Speaker 3: I can't believe there's an argument over it.
Speaker 4: If you can perform the same require whatever the requirements are set by military people that know how many push ups you need to be able to do, or how fast you need to run a mile or whatever to be fit to serve in battle. If you, as a woman can do that, I don't care. If it's all women army, don't make any difference to me. But you all got to meet the same requirements.
Speaker 5: You know, unless there's a disruption of troop cohesion because of the sexual dynamics, which has been a part of every military in the history of the world. Don't tell me it doesn't matter, because it does. But I agree with you in principle one hundred percent. And the argument from the women should be in combat people all along has been they're up to the task.
Speaker 3: They're up to the task.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, if there are standards for the task, which is what those standards are, then they have to be able to meet them. Anything any conclusion other than that is bizarre. It's idiotic, it's unsupportable, and it's dangerous for both the men and the women in question anyway, So well done, Pete. A judge said, Now the transgender thing, you can't do that. They try to ban transgender people from serving in the US military. It's a preliminary injunction that will be fought through the courts for a while, I would imagine.
Speaker 4: So there were two assassination attempts on Trump, as we remember, the one where he actually got shot, the scary to one, and then that other one at the golf course, which anybody downplays that just doesn't even understand.
Speaker 1: He had no.
Speaker 4: Vision of the president yet well, in five minutes he would have he need to put a bullet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he would have killed the president.
Speaker 4: He was laying in the bushes with his gun pointing out and thank god a Secret Service agent's on. But there's some new information on that dude that came out yesterday. This is from ABC News Brian Ruth's apparent obsession with assassinating President Trump before he allegedly stalked Trump on his Florida golf course. Prosecutor say Ruth, a fierce supporter of Ukraine who had visited the war torn country multiple times, reached out to an associate there his request send me an RPG, rocket propelled grenade or Stinger's surface to air missile. Prosecutors claim Ruth desperately wanted to blow up then candidate Trump's plane, writing I need equipment so that Trump cannot get elected. And now the FBI says Ruth could have had an even more powerful weapon after he first tried to buy a fifty caliber rifle capable of piercing body armor and slicing through car doors.
Speaker 1: That would have been something.
Speaker 4: I don't know how easy it is to mail an RPG or a shoulder fired missile, whether that can get through the mail or not, but you can get a hold of fifty caliber.
Speaker 1: Guns in the United States. And I'm glad he didn't, and I'm.
Speaker 4: Glad he got caught before he was able to pull anything off, right right, this is.
Speaker 1: A dumb story before we go to break.
Speaker 4: As y'all know, Hooters has filed for bankruptcy and Hooters is ditching bikini knights, which I didn't know they have. I don't know if the waitresses were bikinis or the customers. The customers, I'm not feel pretty. Hooters is ditching bikini knights in favor of charity, family friendly dining. Oh boy, to some sort of charity night for families to come in. I guess this is before you go before the bankruptcy judge, you know, for better treatment or I don't know what that is. I was gonna say, show hands, everybody who thinks this will work.
Speaker 3: Anybody, show of hands.
Speaker 4: I think you hope the judge is a guy. And you have the chicks and the weird nylons like it's the seventies, and those weird shorts, and I don't know whoever came up with those outfits in the first place.
Speaker 5: Well, as you've pointed out many times through the years, every damn sports bar, at least half of them in America have attractive young women dressed in a provocative way, serving the drinks and the wings.
Speaker 3: I mean, Hooters is utterly not unique.
Speaker 1: On an oracle of the genre.
Speaker 4: One more thing I wanted to jam in before we take a break, and then we'll learn more about chicken jockey, and then something of substance.
Speaker 1: I don't remember what it was.
Speaker 4: Yes, it is true Chinese troops were caught fighting for Russia.
Speaker 1: In Ukraine. That has been nailed down.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: I remember when that was a red line for the Biden administration. The idea of Chinese troops fighting. I don't know if it's a red line for Trump or we're all just going to kind of ignore.
Speaker 1: This seems like kind of a big deal.
Speaker 4: The China's actually providing soldiers right now.
Speaker 5: The Chinese stance, the government's stance was, oh, we've warned our people to stay far away from any war zones. These are not our soldiers. These are misguided souls.
Speaker 4: Getting a little less proxy in a little more war. When you actually have Chinese soldiers fighting, when North Ausrians O, geez, that's writing.
Speaker 5: Because North Korea doesn't go to the grocery store for milk without asking China whether it's okay. That's a bit of an exaggeration. But yeah, the fact that there are thousands and thousands of North Koreans there's that's not gone unnoticed by China.
Speaker 3: They permitted it.
Speaker 4: So I got one kid that went to the Minecraft movie in one that hasn't seen it. And if you're a kid and you haven't seen the Minecraft, especially a boy, if you're a boy and you haven't seen the Minecraft movie. Well, you're on the outs socially. You just you got to see it because it's the biggest phenomenon going. Well, if you're planning to go to this weekend, you're gonna drop your kid off, you might have to go in with them because they're changing the rules that a lot of movie theaters explain that coming up, stay here, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 9: So what is a chicken jockey? The official definition a child zombie who rides a chicken. Of course, this morning that craze around chicken jockeys, causing one movie theater in New Jersey to take matters into its own hands, instituting a new policy. Miners will now have to have a parent or responsible adult with them if they want to watch the film. The Township Theater in Bergen County riding in a statement that a group of boys engaged in completely unacceptable behavior, including vandalism. They also received multiple complaints from other moviegoers who are trying to enjoy the film with their families.
Speaker 3: The manager called us and said that the theater was in badscame.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that's one theater, although there are theaters all across the country where during the biggest movie of the year so far, the Minecraft movie. During that particular scene, people start throwing popcorn and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I think that's going to grow.
Speaker 4: I anticipate this weekend to be coast to coast popcorn throwing.
Speaker 1: Which I could feel like I could participate in myself.
Speaker 4: Popcorn throwing is not the same as like throwing a pop very different thing.
Speaker 1: You sweep of the podcorn, you know.
Speaker 5: So you don't think America's adolescent boys will heed the call from Network News to calm down.
Speaker 1: I just think it. I was thinking about this yesterday.
Speaker 4: Uh, the most common thing in the world with teenagers, and you just hope you have it at the right level. I guess young people need to feel like rebels, and most of the time they're rebeling is so minor and nothing and really laughable.
Speaker 1: But you know, you want to let them have their moment of being a rebel.
Speaker 4: I mean, I've heard so many teenagers in my life brag about the rebellious thing that did that was just some nothing, it's just a nothing, big deal, but but they have to do it. It's something the way we're built human beings, and good if if this may if this gets your I'm a rebel out of your system, and as far as you go, that's fantastic throwing some puzzles as.
Speaker 5: A big fan of free range parenting and let them grow that great organization and that sort of thing. Uh yeah, I don't quash that rebel impulse, just help them channel it into a way that's non destruct.
Speaker 1: I think it's funny.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's because the town I live in or whatever, or maybe it was because you could mostly hear my son and his friends who are all very like, too cool for everything, But he whipped out his phone at the movie the other night and recorded, and it was more like chicken Jockey, Like.
Speaker 1: They're already tired of it.
Speaker 5: Oh that's so yesterday, yelling chicken Jockey night lame o.
Speaker 4: Three days later, idiot, here today, gone today. A couple things for you really quickly. I'm gonna read this whole story because this could be huge. Dating apps mess with your hormones, they think, and can even send libido levels plunging. Wouldn't that be something If there's something about dating apps that makes people not want to have sex and get together, that kind of is counterproductive. Since you got on the dating app. I assume originally to get together with someone makes you not want to get together with someone.
Speaker 3: Weir, Yeah, I can't imagine.
Speaker 4: No, it's not impossible to believe that could be true though, that there's some element of the I hate to use word chase, toxic masculinity or something wrong, but some element of the chase that gets lost.
Speaker 5: There and or after the first rush of the thrill of what you're doing, it starts to become soul deadening and disgusting to you. I mean, because how many folks, young folks have we heard saying, yeah, I'm done with the the whole online dating thing. It's it's well, soul deadening and disgusting.
Speaker 4: I've heard so many people say that. Well, if it is, you know, some sort of pheromones thing or whatever that we've all long believed that causes the fall in love and all this sort of stuff, well you're not getting that online. So maybe you get the your human nature to procreate drives you to get onto a dating app and do all the thing, and then you match with something, discuss a few things, and it's like you're not getting in India pheromone stuff. So it's just like, eh, I don't even feel like it right the end of that, right.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: You tell me those of you of online dated and this this is out from our Secretary of the Treasury, bessent' Is that how you say his name? Wall Street has grown wealthier for four decades. For the next four years, it's main streets turned.
Speaker 5: Oh god, the whole Wall Street main Street thing. Not from either party, please, I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: I believe that it's mainstream.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Again, the idea that Trump is going to reshape global trade for the next couple of decades, and that the American economy will be restructured to reemphasize domestic assembly and manufacturing and the rest of it. How is that going to happen If his term ends in three and a half years, Well JD Vance will win two terms and blah blah blah. Well then it could happen conceivably. But I think it's all just posturing to get better trade deals done, which again, I would be in favor of.
Speaker 4: A response to that comment from the Secretary of the Treasury from the Dispatch, which admittedly is a Trump hating organization, is best for real Main Street is about to get a beating thanks to you geniuses. And wait until the Wall Street crisis turns into a recession or a financial crisis, higher interest rates.
Speaker 1: And all won't be helping Main Street.
Speaker 5: Well. To his credit, Trump has said, look, there's going to be some tough times, but we've got a restructure. And I honestly, I said earlier, I was two thirds convinced that this is just posturing to get better trade deals, and he has no intention of long term trade barriers, you know, isolationist economics. But there's a third of me that thinks, you know, Scott Besant is expressing what the boss thinks.
Speaker 3: I don't know. There's what's bothering Wall Street so much nobody knows.
Speaker 4: Maybe the biggest problem with this whole thing is it's all discussed as a whole, the tariff thing, when China is such a different situation than all these other countries.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they should be completely separate.
Speaker 5: Conversations and and very you know, customizable to various countries with various realities.
Speaker 4: Taylor, Taylor, Trump's going with tailored. These are not off the rack.
Speaker 1: They are tailored.
Speaker 3: Good good.
Speaker 5: Some impoverished African Republic, I'm fine if we treat them a little differently than say, you know France, how.
Speaker 4: About some island full of penguins? Have They've been sticking it to us for decades?
Speaker 5: Right, taking our mackerel and giving us nothing back in return. Oh, that would be a trade surplus, never mind throwing their mackerel at us and taking nothing in return.
Speaker 4: You strut around in your little tuxedos. You own that rock as if you can fly.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 1: You're fightless.
Speaker 4: And the headline around that, in case you have heard, is one hundred percent tariff on China kicked in midnight last night.
Speaker 1: Look for it soon on a Walmart shelf near you.
Speaker 5: Gallup did a poll recently what do you think foreign trade means for America? Do you see foreign trade more as an opportunity for economic growth through increased US exports or as a threat to the economy from foreign imports.
Speaker 1: I think that's a pretty.
Speaker 5: Fair way to ask the question, don't you? And interestingly, it was like asking about what do you think of boys playing in girls sports? Is eighty one percent say I see foreign trade more as an opportunity for economic growth to fourteen that see it as more of a threat eighty one to fourteen. How populist is the idea of seriously reigning in foreign trade.
Speaker 1: Wow, we'll have to say.
Speaker 4: May you live in interesting times. They say, here's one thing you can be thankful for. Night clubs don't fall on your head in the United States. You go out to a nightclub at night, it's not just going to fall on your head because there are no rules whatsoever for building. You know, I'm a lower rules guy to any regulations, but at least nightclubs don't fall in your head. I don't know if you've seen any of those videos from the Dominican Republic, but that's brutal, just a nightmare. Yeah, I'd say absolutely. Next hour, more protests in Gaza. These people are brave against TAMAS and John Kennedy and Lindsey Graham said some interesting things about Iran and AOC. So we'll get into all that in our form.
Speaker 1: Oh by Armstrong and Getty