Speaker 1: The Nicki Glaser Podcast. Glaser po.
Speaker 2: Hi, it's me Nicky Glazer. Welcome to the Nicky Glazer Podcast. Brian is gonna be here shortly. He's running a little late, and we had to do this podcast now because I've got shit to do. But I'm not here alone. My mom is in studio. What's up, Julie Glazer?
Speaker 3: Hei, Geek Glazer? Thanks for having me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love you have a lot to promote, you know it. Yeah, you're so welcome. So tell everyone about the things you've been thinking about buying on Craigslist. That's what you're here to promote, right, the things. I just want to know what you're thinking that you've been eyeing, Like should I get this or on or on eBay anything like that. I don't know. I'm just thinking of something you could be promoting. Yeah, there's any big things coming up? No, not really? Okay, Well you have a Europe trip. Oh that's right. Yeah, we could promote that. We're going to see Taylor's with five times.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't even know how it happened. I know, I know it's excessive. I can't stop. It would be seven, but I have a gig anyway, it's we're going to Dublin first, but I told them about it last week. But yeah, we're so excited.
Speaker 3: We're so excited.
Speaker 2: Are you excited to go to five? Are you secretly telling Dad like it's a little much. No, it's a lot for me, but I'm so excited. But if you do Amsterdam's three days in a row, Dublin and then we have some days off and then it's Amsterdam three days shows in a row, and then days off and then Zurich. Right, if you wanted to take off the middle Amsterdam day, I would do with that. I would just give it to some person that I found out on the stadium that was like looked like they would like tried really hard and dressed up and just surprise someone someone that it looks like I would want to sit with, like got them the whole show.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean as as far as it because I'm.
Speaker 2: Fine going alone or and I just find a friend.
Speaker 3: No, of course.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you have that, you have the ability.
Speaker 3: To sweet that you say that, I don't know that I'll need it.
Speaker 2: But uh, they're a long shows.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, and I am old.
Speaker 2: And you're you're had a long life. Yeah, yeah, there's not more Taylor Swift eras tour shows left. That's how you measure time. How many all two wells ten minute version do you have left to live? It's a good question. I have outfits though, like because I was like, oh shoot, I have to plant five different Taylor Swift outfits and I'm getting a little lazy on them, like I just you are, which kind of makes it fun because you just are like I'll just wear whatever, Like let's see just how this works. So I just went on. I was like, oh, I'll do a nineteen eighty nine look because she I want to do her new looks that she's doing for the Airs tours. So she has like a new nineteen eighty nine look that I did, like two of the different color schemes from So I have like this I got on Amazon. It's like this pink braw tops, yeah, and then with blue like skirt that's like metallicky. That's like I forget the name of that skirt, but it's like a cheerleader skirt kind of but without second pleats. And then the same top and it's supposed to be black, but it looks like it's midnight blue to me. And then a pink starts, so that's two nights out of the out of the bag. And then I got this Drew dress on like luluse. This is all fast fashion, this is all bad environment.
Speaker 3: Yes, but I but you gotta you gotta get.
Speaker 2: Of myself and yeah, and I just want it.
Speaker 3: Just like you don't have time, like I forget everyone.
Speaker 2: Please you. I know you do it too in your own ways. But yeah, this it doesn't make me feel good.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: This is from Pretty Little Thing, which is basically the same ship. Really cheap dress but flowy long. That's gonna be a fun one that's like ever more. And then there's another. So then orange is this new color she's been wearing a lot in Torture or in this batch of shows. So we think there's like a secret album coming that was one that she might have released back when, but something happened so she didn't release it. And we think it's called Karma, and we think the theme is gonna be like orange colors because she's been wearing a lot of orange and like teasing it. Oh my God is an album that she spray painted on the wall when she was in the Man video, and she she's sprayping it all of her album titles, and then there's one that said Karma and we're like, what's that one? And you were like, like an orange kind of folks, that's so cute. And then I have a tortured poets. But for me, for me, it's in it's in Chris is sleeping. It's in my other closet. But I wore I already wore it to a errors but it's like a really flowy thing. It will fit, don't worry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the problem that that's.
Speaker 2: Such the problem that we're dealing with right now. That's that you are not fitting in my clothes. Yeah, I mean, so how is this tube tribute? That really is the problem. How am I, as a woman in your sixties, should be expected to have the body of a forty year old woman who works all the time. You really should hold yourself to those standards.
Speaker 3: I should.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't, Yeah, I probably should. It would be when can you just let yourself be yourself? I'm like letting my spray tand go, and I'm just like I think I'm still gonna do it, but I'm just like I'm even before this trip, I'm like I don't think I'm gonna spray tand with a trip And I'm like, why would I spraytanded in Ireland?
Speaker 3: This is where this is where they don't they accept this.
Speaker 2: In fact, I will look spray hand in Ireland with my regular because I have that German. I'm Irish German, so the German side brings maybe a.
Speaker 3: That's a little darker than that Irish.
Speaker 2: I guess, but no, I'm pretty pasty. And I felt like over there they don't give a fuck. I mean, maybe we're there they tan a lot, because I do know the Brits spraytnd a ton, so they might maybe they could be into it. There's Brian. He's in some place that sounds noisy and there's like a fire alarm going off wherever he is. This is ideal for a recording space. So Brian didn't have internet today at his apartment. There's like blackoutsch okay, and so he we had to find him a conference room.
Speaker 3: You're kidding me.
Speaker 2: He went to it and he's there reporting live from this conference room. I hope over city, I hope it it was close for you to get to. How are you, Brian? Tell us what's going on there.
Speaker 1: It's a little echoey in here. It's not really like there's a studio. It's kind of like a conference room. But hopefully it's not too bad.
Speaker 2: It's good arm. Yeah, it sounds horrible when you started.
Speaker 1: But that's that's funny that you say that, because that was actually you guys, and you heard your son.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was like, God, that is God.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 2: Should they should not choose that woman too? And that's why it's to like, actually, they should choose it, and they want to get you would want to exit the building during a fire. If you heard my voice good.
Speaker 1: Like an alarm, like someone's saying an alarm like the building it really did?
Speaker 2: Uh God, I hate. Don't you hate when there's a delay and you can hear your own voice. Yeah, it makes me like it's like when people decry you right back. Yeah, I can't take I.
Speaker 3: Can't take it one second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you feel like you're almost getting like trolled by yourself because it's like and then then like it's repeating right after you, and it's almost like it's mocking you, and you're just like like, there's somebody. Andrew was really good at that. Chris is pretty good at it too, like saying what you're saying right after you say it, do you know that it's the most annoying thing to ever have happened.
Speaker 1: I used to do that in high school, but you'd be great at it. When I was in high school, and remember we had to like read aloud with in front of the entire class, like they were like, dude, let's reachet.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I was always wanting for ray Pool. I would count how many till ray Pool because he was had the best, most soothing asmr. You knew that I would like not out like a heroin out when he was, and then I'd be like, oh when am I up? And then the anxiety would start.
Speaker 1: So yes, Brian ray Pool is a great voice for an ansmr guy too.
Speaker 2: I was always like, do you know your name is rape Ool? Like, and he was appreciate that. He was so cool though. I loved him. And he had connected ear lobes. His ear lobes were like very connected to his head, which mine or two and I liked that. And he was the one that called me a buck tooth beaver in fifth grade. But it was funny when he said it because I asked a barrow a pencil from him. And I did that every single day because I always forgot school supplies and was never prepared, not because of you, mom, but because of my ADHD. And so every day ask him for a paper and pen and want pencil. And one day he was like and then when you know, like when you ask someone every day in and out, like they always say yes. So you're like, I guess I can just take it now because I don't want to bug them. They're doing something and I know they're going to say yes. So I just like took it because it was just a piece of paper out of like you know when those thick things or a pencil whatever, And I knew I was going to give it back if I remembered, And he caught me and he was like, what are you doing? He was like, you dumb buck toothed pep, why don't you go in the woods and gnaw down a tree and make your own pencil? You had that kind of and everyone heard and it was devastating, and it was like, oh, no, I have buck teeth and d I think I did through the years. It probably I would love to see the original recording of what he said to me, but he would love it. I love him so much. He's so funny. He had the best handwriting. He was so cool. He was so funny, and we became friends later on. I mean this was in fifth grade.
Speaker 3: He's still friends.
Speaker 2: No, I don't like. I've talked to people who've talked to him, and I'm always like, tell Ray I said, hi, God in the Saint Louis area, he has like kids. Now. I would love to run to him because I loved him. He was such a good actor. Yeah. So if you know ray Pool, will you guys like shout, will you like tell him to hear this podcast and tell him I'm talking about him, and then I love him.
Speaker 1: I only know rape cool. I don't know Ray though.
Speaker 2: Yeah rapeool. I wonder if that was my comeback in fifth grade. Well your name has rape in it, and everyone's just like, what.
Speaker 3: Did I ever think that that?
Speaker 2: When you yeah, rape?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No. I remember in high school people being like, that's so weird you notice that. I'm like, how did you not your name has rape in it? Anyway what you were saying about? Uh? Yeah?
Speaker 1: In class, I would always look at the last word of the sentence or the last word of the paragraph and then say it before they got to it, so they be like, and then the man went to the store, what to go look at his products at the store, and what the fuck did he just say that?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 2: So you say it like out loud, and the whole class would hear, just my little section.
Speaker 1: So they'd all be laughing at because I would go, like, Jonathan.
Speaker 2: Did it, like so right before he would say the word.
Speaker 1: It would be like five to seven words before he'd get.
Speaker 2: To that word. So weird, Brian, that's so crazy. That's such a funny thing to figure out to do. This weekend, our Ari Fendling was out with us opening and he revealed something that he does that we were all just like gobsmacked by. So he gets off on on like squeeze it, like when he's in the grocery aisle about check out, touching the chocolates through the wrapper and like puncturing them like a little bit so that the person that gets it will still eat it, like not damaging to the point where it's unedible, but the person will be a little bit bummed out. And he does it every time, and his daughter's starting to do it, and his wife literally when their line has to be like, don't do it, and he's like I can't, and he's like I don't and we're like that is on the dammer scale of psychopa.
Speaker 1: Yahy spreading disappointment amongst the world.
Speaker 2: I know, I go, why do you want to do that? And then later on, I swear to god he was eating at a mammy later that night and someone had put like shells that didn't have the mammy in them, like old shells back in and he sucked on one of them and was like, what the hell did I go? You got fingling? I was like, that's what they feel like. It's like you still like that's the level, And I was like, doesn't that suck? Why would you want to spread that around?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: Psycho speak on behalf.
Speaker 1: Of all Jews Ari, stop doing that?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well we got on the subject matter because we were talking about shoplifting and how like that was addicting even though you didn't want anything that you got, oh, even like it just be the adrenaline of like stealing something like when I got caught stealing.
Speaker 3: Like it was but that stuff you wanted.
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't. It was just stuff that didn't have tags. I was just like yeah, Like it was almost like it's like it's a store of free stuff if the stuff that doesn't have tags like security tags are free.
Speaker 3: Oh I see.
Speaker 2: And it'd be like if i'd be like, mom, do you like the shirt? It's free, but like it's a men's large, you'd be like, I'll take it. Maybe I'll find someone who will take it. Like That's how I thought of thieving as I see it, and I would probably wouldn't even give it away, like, but I would see I just said thieving.
Speaker 3: Oh, thieving.
Speaker 2: It was so dumb and compulsive. But as soon as I got uh caught, I never fun again. Yeah, I never did. I never got caught again.
Speaker 3: It's too embarrassing.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's too embarrassing. The risk is too high. I got humiliating steeling.
Speaker 3: You did.
Speaker 2: How old young I was?
Speaker 3: I think I was thirty fourteen.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's that's young enough. That's still kid though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I was in it. I was still with it at a mall with.
Speaker 2: My friend Connie and she's like, you gotta steal that shirt, and I'm like, I blame Connie already, Yeah it was her fault.
Speaker 3: But then she was making so much noise. By the time I had it hidden, the guy outside was like, you girls are stealing. We can hear you.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. I didn't even wait. You hadn't even stolen it yet, and you were like debating it in the dross. We're preemptively nowhere. This is going on.
Speaker 3: They could tell just by the conversation because I.
Speaker 2: Was like, I don't want to steal. She's like just.
Speaker 3: It was so obvious. And then my dad had to come up and get me. Oh no, I was. I was held back. Connie was not because she didn't have anything on her, but I had this stupid shirt.
Speaker 2: Down my pants or something. And my dad was like, They're like, well, mister Burke, we can either send her to juvenile or you can take her home.
Speaker 3: And he sat there and just looked at me.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what am I going to do?
Speaker 3: Waited and just and and finally it's like, were you crying? Oh, crying is not it's the word.
Speaker 2: Then I got home and then my sister Peggy was really mad. She's like, how you put shame on our family?
Speaker 1: Family?
Speaker 3: Extreme, Yeah, it was shame on the family, and it was really bad. Oh no, it was embarrassing.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh god, yeah, that scares you straight.
Speaker 3: And my mother was so upset with me.
Speaker 2: Of course he was, you know, I was like, oh god, time, of course. And you were poor. You deserve to steal that day. You did not bring shame. It's it's I think it's the natural thing to go through. And then you eventually stopped doing it, but like you needed to. I stopped immediately. I was like, I would never talk doing this again. Oh yeah, embarrassing.
Speaker 1: You brought shame to the family because you didn't get away with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point, and say, your dad definitely did some thieving and this day to get by something. He went. Yeah, first of all, stealing is a form of lying and everyone does it. But it's yeah, you just got busted and it was just great shame. Not having ten kids that you can't take care of. There's nothing shameful of that. Just keep getting your wife pregnant when you know that you have addictions that are going to make the family run out of money quicker than like enough to afford two kids. But keep getting her pregnant. No, that sounds like there's no shame in that.
Speaker 1: Getting people pregnant.
Speaker 2: But listen, I would even say, he's not a bad guy. He did it's not his fault. He was probably fucked up from the war. And like, no one talks about their feelings. There's no one in your generation got raised by any good like people like your mom was sweet, but like she fucked up too, Like it was just so backwards.
Speaker 3: No, I think my dad was raised by.
Speaker 2: Oh he was fucked anyone but your dad of him, you know, he was you know what you hear about a good parent in like the early nineteen hundreds, and you're like, what, like my dad read to us every day? You go, what a dad read it? In the nineteen twenties. It was fucking rare to find a good dad in the nineteen twenties. And then even I would go as far as like the seventies.
Speaker 3: Atticus Finch or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because his wife was dead. That's like my joke. That's the only time they fucking step up. That's where we go, Oh, he's like a mom. But like before then, there's no But Atticus was a good example of a good dad. But all dads could be like, well, I don't have to do.
Speaker 3: That because I was a fictional character too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he was everyone. All women were horny for him. Tell me they weren't, Are you kidding? I was so horny for that guy. And I was in the second grade. I didn't even have Gregory Pack. Oh yeah, oh god, yeah, well seventh grade was when I did the play, but like, yeah, Gregory Pack.
Speaker 3: In that role. Holy shit, Oh here's so yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, Lucy k.
Speaker 1: Had a great joke about the parents born in the nineteen twenties their parents, how do you expect them to be good when their parents were like killing Native Americans openly? That's just what they did. If you were if you were alive in the eighteen nineties, you'd be like, there's a Native, there's a Native savage on my lawn, and they just shoot them. And that was just what you're expected to do.
Speaker 2: It wasn't that long ago. And like even this Weekend already made some joke about like, oh, and I'm sure they were talking about like some people who weren't smart, and they were like, yeah, I'm sure they think the Holocaust was in the sixties, and I go, it kind of almost was. And he looked at me, like what, And I was like fifteen years off and it would have been the sixties. It's not that far how it was two thousand and nine, Yeah, that's not that If you say referencing to two thousand and nine, that's not long time. So it basically was the sixties. Like throw it all together, like time.
Speaker 3: Is it wasn't that long ago. That's all we know.
Speaker 2: No, nothing, we haven't been around that long, do you know? Like if you look at like that whole continuum of like the how long life has been or the planet versus how much humans have been right sand of a speck of sand right on it like a mile long thing, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: We're nothing.
Speaker 2: David Spade has a really good joke about trying like talking about the he talks about the submarine. He goes, let's talk about that submarine that went down to the touching. I missed that crazy little sub I can't stop thinking about it. And he's like, because he does this bit about where he's like, let's talk about things in the news, and it's all just like stuff from a year and a half ago, you know, But he's talking about the submarine and he's like, you know, when that happened, they had the graph of like how far down they were, and they're like, oh, it's it. That's the Statue of Liberty. Now, that's three statue of liberties. That's where sharks get headaches, Like it starts at that aches is so funny to me. He does it much better, but it's so funny, but him just saying I missed that crazy little sub. I wrote that in my phone because I was like, I don't know if he'll everybody in a special and I wouldn't remember the way he says that forever.
Speaker 3: That's so funny.
Speaker 2: I missed that crazy sub that blew up. Oh my god. My Bill Dixon was some by our friend Brian Bill Dixon. One time we had a discussion about what that was like when those people died, and we all wish it was is so fast, but he has this theory that it wasn't. Oh they say it's was really fast, that it wasn't okay, and it's so horrifying. And sometimes he'll just text me out of the blue like, hey, just remember that it was likely. And I don't even want to describe because I don't want to put this in people's heads that any humans experience because it's so dark. But just imagine what would happen if it's suddenly just lost power and just started nose diving to the to the bottom of the ocean very slowly, and the egg slowly and uh, you know there's only one bathroom on the thing. In the bathroom's at the top that's all spilling like they're just all in the bottom of this thing that's kind of like a torpedo shape, right, and it's just going down slowly, and they all know their died, Like, well, I just put it out there. So anyway, sometimes he'll just like text me this like almost like he's writing a script of what the movie would look like, and I'm just like, still, it's really, Oh my god, it's fun for sounds funny then yeah, but I uh, we're talking about crazy. Oh yeah, we're gonna go We're gonna go to break And I'm so sorry to leave that though on your heads. Listen to listen.
Speaker 3: I have other thoughts in my hear you up.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll get to those.
Speaker 3: Notes I wouldn't even repeat.
Speaker 2: All right, we're back. Wait, what's one thought that you met circles through your mind? That's so bad?
Speaker 3: One? No, your Dan and I were watching the boys last night.
Speaker 1: Do you watch that, Brian No, I think it probably got a little bit better after the first few episodes and I checked out too soon, gave up.
Speaker 3: It's really good, but there's some really graphic scenes in some of these and it's like this one scene I will never be able to get out of my head. No really, Yeah, it's I think it's permeated my brain.
Speaker 2: What does it involve? Can you give us something?
Speaker 3: It involves this one uh super here what they call him superheroes, but this one guy who can divide himself, divide, divide, divide, and then I don't even to repeat it, but they are all giving each other sex, you know, lined up and they're all exactly the same person, but they're all in love with this one woman superhero said, they all are getting off on this one.
Speaker 2: Do you even imagine what you're talking about? Is it like they're all.
Speaker 3: Person they're all Yeah, they're all the exact same but they can divide themselves.
Speaker 2: So they're all banging each other.
Speaker 3: They're not banging each other, they're doing something else, blowing now eating.
Speaker 2: Oh eating ass? Yes, Oh so it's human centipede.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I always that something.
Speaker 2: Talk about things you don't want to think about when came out, I was like, I'm reading anything, I would remember where I was. I was in bed in a story.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry anybody I like this described.
Speaker 2: Everyone knows human centipede, and you can I just describe.
Speaker 1: Human worse than so much worse what she's describing as consensual ass eating, which I.
Speaker 2: Think, yeah, like to themselves, okay, human centipede. This is wild. It's a horror movie, okay. And these somehow, these three people end up at this crazy guy's. I don't know how they end up there, but this crazy guy sedates them and they wake up.
Speaker 3: And oh, I don't want to know.
Speaker 2: Their faces are stitched to the asshole of the person in front of them. Stitched so it's a human centipede. So their open mouths are right on the anus so that when that person they it's going there, and then someone is on the back of them stitch And yes, how are you not blacking out? The first time I heard this, I couldn't even But it's not real? No, But I mean like that's someone thought of that and then made a movie where you see it. Yeah, yeah, it sits that visual if you have if you see it I saw this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and now I'm kind of like.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I think even thinking it. Yeah, it's really Did you watch the movie, Brian?
Speaker 1: Of course I did it. You did the first.
Speaker 3: Person that I don't want ever want it literally.
Speaker 1: Called human Centipede. The first person is being force fed, also so that they have to ship.
Speaker 2: Oh no, yeah, O my god.
Speaker 1: The big debate in middle school was where would you rather be in the Human Centipede?
Speaker 3: I was just going to ask, you know, you knew about this in high school.
Speaker 2: You want to be the I want to be middle school. I want to be force fed. I mean, I don't want to do that to my friends. But I mean, of course you want to be the first one.
Speaker 3: Of course you want to be the first one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't want to Yeah, that's it. I mean, the worst is the.
Speaker 3: Never heard of anything like this?
Speaker 1: Well, is the middle any worse than the last one? I mean, is it is it really that bad that you're shitting into someone else's mouth?
Speaker 2: It would just hurt, the stitches would hurt. On the stitches, you have one less pair of stitches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. But the farther back you go, the farther back you go, you're also getting just like reprocessed and eaten and digested.
Speaker 2: Okay, well let's talk about the trad is. We're going to Dublin, We're going to Amsterdam, We're going to.
Speaker 1: Zurich where Human Centipede took place with.
Speaker 2: It's not far off from where I think this is all set. This is why I don't like horror films. Why would anyone subject themselves to this. There's a new one with Nick Nicholas Cage where it's like people were puking in the aisles. I don't I don't like four women miscarried during the trailer. It's like it's they keep trying to like up themselves, like this is the sickest thing you'll ever see.
Speaker 3: Now, Why I don't get it? I don't like. I have probably seen five horror movies in my life, and I refused Scarry.
Speaker 2: But we were just talking about Scream the other day and how.
Speaker 3: Perfect that I would never watch bad.
Speaker 2: It's so good. I don't care because you don't understand. You watch my mom's This is so ironic because my mom's favorite shows are like hardcore ones, the ones that are like gruesome and get into details and shows are real though, Yeah, okay Ari calling Aris psychopathic, denting a kit cat. This, you know, I get when I get resolved. But you like watching like Law and Order and stuff that's not real.
Speaker 3: I don't watch it.
Speaker 2: I don't either to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I don't, and I don't watch anything.
Speaker 2: I tell you this, This new Jake Gyllenhall thing, what's going on? Presumed innocent? Good show, Good show on Apple. Check that out.
Speaker 1: It's really a waste of time to smash a kit cat because they are They're impossible to eat. They always melt too quickly and stick to the wrappers. Yeah, you need a big cat. As we all know, the big cat cat. Kitd cats are useless.
Speaker 2: I kind of liked big cat is just a giant.
Speaker 1: Kit Cats melt too quickly and then you open the wrapper and it's just a mush of humans and the peache. Shit.
Speaker 2: No, no, they don't melt too quickly if you just meet them in a room temperature and you don't travel all over with them. And also if you just eat them as soon as you get them, feverishly and very fast, before they have time to melt.
Speaker 3: If like I opened mind and mine he had a finger indentation in it.
Speaker 2: I'd ate it, but i'd be passed.
Speaker 3: I would march it back. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Probably, it just like makes people's lives. It's just more a little angst written and when you're buying something to like sorry, oh no, we told to believe me. I'm not got shamed out of shame.
Speaker 1: He's never going to hit their family. Shamed family shame.
Speaker 2: He bt shame upon his family.
Speaker 1: That day, I did get to watch something yesterday that I think was interesting. Yeah, speaking of like going back to two thousand and nine, I went back to twenty sixteen and I watched Dave Chappelle SNL monologue. Do you remember that it was like the day after Trump got elected, where two days after Trump got elected, really Dave Chappelle was the host of SNL and he did like a state of the Nation type monologue on SML. God, yes, it was so interesting. And then four years later in twenty twenty, after Biden got elected, he was hosting SNL again.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so I watched those two back to back and it was like it was fascinating. Well, if you if you're considering, if you're trying to figure out who you want to vote for, let's just put it that way in twenty twenty four, go back and watch the monologue from twenty sixteen, because you might forget what your state of mind was like during that time. And watching that monologue from twenty sixteen will put you right back into where you were, and it'll it'll make you when when he was just elected, and it'll make you remember like, oh, this is this might not be what I want.
Speaker 2: To go by. It scary, Yeah, I got did what were some points that he made or said?
Speaker 1: Well, what was interesting was and then twenty sixteen monologue, he's like, I'm going to give Trump a chance, like he deserves a chance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. Everyone was kind of like cool.
Speaker 1: Our mindset was like this, this is crazy that he won. Or we didn't really like Hillary, she was a bad candidate. And then you know, we all thought Trump was crazy and obviously had like the grab the pussy stuff and things like that. We're all like, this probably is not a good decision. But I think even me back in twenty sixteen was like, I'm going to give him a shot, like he could wind up being okay, or it's not going to be I didn't think initially it was going to be an epic disaster. So I was on I was like Chappelle. But then in twenty twenty, Chappelle comes back and now Biden's elected, and I think watching that also just puts you back in that headspace what it was like the day after Biden was elected. And I think overall the takeaway is like, I just don't want to talk about politics anymore, and I don't either. I don't want the chaos, and so the relief of just like a normal guy was was.
Speaker 2: What we all were seeking in that moment. Oh, I remember that so much. The day Trump was elected, I had to go on Chelsea Handler's Netflix show. She had a talk show on Netflix, and Hilary is supposed to win, right, so it was supposed to be like this, like amazing day. Barbara Boxer the was on California's Senator. Yeah, and then Chelsea's best friend who played Marsha not no, not, I forget her name, shit, it's her best friend, but she's an actress. Sorry, I forgot her name for some reason. I'm thinking of Marsha Brady, but that's like not who, Yeah, but she like reminds me of either Christine Taylor or the girl who plays Marspredy anyway, she was on too. We show up and everyone's and I'm like, oh, I should find like a funeral, funereal type like place like thing to wear in front of my like like Jackie oh like just like because they were all we they we did creative going there, like Chelsea is like really bombed and this show is gonna be tough, and so I decided to lean into that to just be funny because they were like, we're gonna need you to bring the comedy because Chelsea can't right now. And I walked out and Chelsea didn't say anything about my outfit, and so I was like she was just too like she was stricken to be funny or like even i'd be like, oh, Nicky's wearing a joke like it just wasn't the time. So I felt like I bombed so much on that show that day.
Speaker 3: And then she didn't acknowledge it.
Speaker 2: It was just like it just.
Speaker 3: Marbara Boxer didn't acknowledge it.
Speaker 2: I ended up saying something about it because I was like, I'm not gonna just sit here act like I chose to wear this, like I think I made the joke that I was gonna wear this either way. I just think this is a cool style or something it was I don't remember, but yeah, uh, I rarely go back and revisit things, but I will say, and I said it on last week's episode, I am so like comedy wise, I think things don't hold up as much as you want them to, even in a short amount of time. Jimmy Glick holds up so fucking well. And I think it might be the funniest thing that's ever been.
Speaker 3: You know how I feel about him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got me into him. I used to have that comedy show hard interview people and that now that he is coming back with the have all the Yeah, we had them all. We loved it so good? Or Brian, were you wear into Jimmy Glick before him?
Speaker 1: Yes, of course, jim Click.
Speaker 2: I think it's one of the funniest things.
Speaker 3: It's one of the facts. I haven't liked that hard for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and just watching I will watch anything that anybody that does in that character. And Mark Shore really in anything the bloopers, he there's a lego, not a bloopers, but him roasting Conan throughout the years. That is an amazing compilation that people should go watch.
Speaker 3: You know he's hosting this week.
Speaker 2: For kim All.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, cool, he's doing a pretty good.
Speaker 1: Jimmy Glick had his own show for a.
Speaker 2: While, yeah on Comedy Central. Yeah, that's pretty so funny. I just love when he stuffs his face with don't. I love when he shifts in his chair and then the chair will topple over. I'm obsessed. I've been watching a lot of NORM compilations as well, and those have been really fun. And it's so funny because my friend Sean O'Connor, who I'm like, bring on the road with me, is like my writing helping me write some stuff. He is I will fall asleep to like a NORM compilation that's like ten hours long, no joke, no, like no, those are the Joan Rivers one is ten hours long. I'm getting through. I'm like slowly working my way through ten hours of her on Howard Stern, Wow, because I'm like, I just would absorb everything and that's where people are most free in themselves and like she's just amazing on that and he loved her so much so and I love him. But anyway, the NORM ones I'm listening and Sean, my friend, who have known since we met on MySpace two thousand and six, I've known him. He's on all of these Norm interviews because Norm would bring him on the road to open for him and then would bring him to all these TV interviews, these like local TV interviews. So Sean's just like in all these clips. No, I like you, no, But I mean I knew he toured with Norm, but I wouldn't be watching like Wake Up Toronto, Like I would have never seen that ever unless someone put it into a compilation. So it's like kind of fun to see your friend like end up in these things. And man, Norm is so fucking funny. It seems like such a nice guy. Yeah, so I've been watching that, and then Chris and I are watching the Dallas Cowboys UH documentary, which is really good, really well done, and I recommend it to everyone. I think now that you're like, yeah, it doesn't even talk about football. It's like, really, I wish they talked more about football actually, but they're not allowed to fraternize with football players. These girls can't catch a break. They don't get paid a lot. They work their asses off. They all have like two year lads and they yeah, it's so hard and top it all off, you don't even have a chance to marry one of these fucking football players. Really, Yeah, because they're not allowed to fratenize with them, which I guess means haze them, Uh, make them carry an egg between their asshaaks. I'm thinking a frat fraternize. I think that's what they do, kesands with them.
Speaker 1: Smack their asses with a big wooden paddle.
Speaker 2: What's so? What's that to me is kind of a just a dated bullshit thing of like a rule of like, these women are going to throw these men off their game. They're going to distract them.
Speaker 1: They're gonna start fighting each other for the the woman's love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, why can't they try to fun the wat.
Speaker 1: Them sound like those football players are all virgins, like a bunch of virgin nerves that tits, and they're likeane, it.
Speaker 2: Will it be just it will be distracting if they're like the guys on the sidelines and see his lady like pom poming out there, like that could be a distraction.
Speaker 1: But they also have their wives and girlfriends exactly.
Speaker 3: I don't get them them.
Speaker 2: I don't get it. I think it's actually a way to like you women will don't ever want to deserve, don't want this job for anything except the love of dance, because there's nothing else in it.
Speaker 1: For the money.
Speaker 2: You get to wear boots, get to wear an outfit. We'll make that outfit fit your body perfectly. But and we will, you know, give you locker and we'll give you, you know, seventy dollars a game or whatever the fuck.
Speaker 1: They did you learn? Did these girls get to promote themselves as Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders like on social media? Or do I drew like a can they go to a car wash or something like that and make make money?
Speaker 2: Because that I don't know about appearances. I would think that all is run through the Dallas Cowboys organization and that they take the money from that. I would almost be I'm certain of it.
Speaker 3: Do you think this is as the board for football teams?
Speaker 2: This is just all I.
Speaker 1: Only know a lot of the teams don't even have cheerleaders anymore.
Speaker 2: They eliminated because they can't afford it. Because these guys a little bit more when you like, they have so much money that they don't that they hold out on these girls. And in this whole documentary is about we take this, so we take this seriously. You should take them seriously. And it's like, well then why aren't they paid? Wow? At all? What I'm to take I'm supposed to take them seriously as athletes. I'm supposed to take them seriously as women who do good for the community and empower young women and and and and take them so seriously like this, this, this Netflix documentary is shot like it's like the Olympics, Like it really is the Olympics of dancing. To make this as far as you can make in this kind of it's a special kind of dance. It's hyper competitive. Yeah, we're not gonna pay them, so I call bullshit. I think these women need to get paid more. I think this whole documentary is like kind of making us love the Dallas Cowboys and have so it's such a brand, brand brand Dallas Cowboys. I mean I even want to go to a Dallas Cowboys game so I can see these girls. Pay the fucking cheerleaders now, because now you're gonna get fans of these girls from the Netflix show. Pay them to whatever they're making right now. You could more than you could, you could times a hundred, you could afford to do that just cut back on one of the markups of your popcorns. One player, make your popcorn one dollar more and play all literally make your large popcorn one dollar more and pay all of the girls triple what you pay them, because that literally would cover that. But by far, make that the special. Yeah, that's what I'm saying. It would triple. I would pay for it, So there you go. Then it'll pay for it.
Speaker 3: They probably can't even hold another job.
Speaker 2: But they like it because it's servitude. They like, I'm sorry, I love this show and I would dream of being a dollas cowboys cheerleader. But they are using these women and they make them do things that ruin and wreck their bodies, and then they spit them out, and these women don't really have another plan and they can't really. Yes, these women are incredible, and a lot of them are working two jobs while doing this, and they find it to be an honor and they never fucking blank, none of them ever complain even once. I'm the only one complaining about this, I guarantee you. But they then they they have to have those other jobs because they have nothing after this spit out. Yes, they get to come back as veterans and march in and like welcome the new girls and give a little speech about how much and you get to kind of like come to some of the bridal showers and things and stay connected like through the veteran program. But you got fucked. They should have paid you more. You worked your asses off. You are now a commodity for them big time. After this Netflix show, girls get together, team up and ask for more unionize.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I mean they could for the Dallas Cowboys care. There's such an institution. Other teams realized that if they got rid of the cheerleaders, nobody would care, and so they just got rid of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but not the Dallas Cowboys. These DCCs people need you. You have you have power, fames and especially after the show, like there's we we want to go see the girls that we saw on the show. So girls get paid, get paid, and you know who else I hope it got paid. Hey was the I'm sorry to say it, you know that debt Netflix Stock tell them you love me. It's really controversial, but it's about this woman who was helping a disabled man who is nonverbal and had never spoken in his life, and she does this kind of therapy assisted therapy where they hold their hand and the person like spells out something okay and communicate, well, they kind of. Then she falls in love with this guy who's nonverbal. Wow, it's inconclusive, even though it's found by law that she did take advantage of him, and she was sentenced to eight years in prison because they thought they determined that he doesn't know how to communicate it all, and she was moving his hand, but she, in her mind, I do believe, thinks that he was in love with her. She didn't know that she was controlling his hand. It's insane.
Speaker 3: What did she take advantage of? Though?
Speaker 2: Because he's disabled?
Speaker 3: I know, but what eight years in prison for? What?
Speaker 2: For raping a disabled person?
Speaker 3: She raped him?
Speaker 2: They had sex rape, but even kissing, I mean it's not okay, like even doing anything with a disabled person that isn't something that they either.
Speaker 1: And then you just move and I wonder, yes, like if you could do that to like a Helen Keller type and I wonder if that hurts.
Speaker 2: That's why I look back on Helen Keller and I'm like, I'm suspicious now if that was even I'm honestly because they kind of discovered that a lot of this assisted therapies where these people are learning to talk for the first time because these therapists hold their hand and they kind of direct the thing that a lot of these therapists don't even know that they are actually assisting them because they'll show the therapist a picture. They'll show the patient of picture and the therapists will do the hat, but they'll show a picture of grapes to the thing and and the and they'll go, Okay, what did you see? And she writes hat and the woman did.
Speaker 1: She's like, she's like, help me, help me, and the assistance like she's saying water she yeah, I think it's anything you know, but didn't didn't she write books for Helen Keller mixing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I'm saying like that that could have been Annie her helper, right, is what I'm saying. Like, No, I'm not saying that. But now that you kind of piece this apart, you go like, oh, like they they they're the only ones that can understand the language they've invented to speak to this person. They could just tell us anything they want, what.
Speaker 3: Cocoa or whatever.
Speaker 2: Didn't he love Robin Williams, Yeah, he did. It looks like he loved Jack and Hook. I know Robin Williams. Robin Williams, I will say, I say anytime his name comes up. He did not commit suicide. His brain had a brain disease that caused him to commit to dementia.
Speaker 1: I mean, which one of the worst types that you can have in a very body dementia.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it is horrible. And when he was finally autopsy, they said his dementia was worse than any they'd seen in a living person. The guy who did it was like, I've never seen this advance of a disease. That's how good his brain was that he was operating to that point. But it usually ends in something like this. But I will say that if you commit suicide, no matter what, there's something wrong with your brain. So it doesn't like take away from suicide was the means by which he died. But it's his brain's fault, not his He didn't want. It's like when people are like depression knows no bounds and he's always like in one of those pictures of like a smiling celebrity, like you don't know who has depression. Like I agree with that statement, but he doesn't fit. He wasn't a depressed person. I mean, I think he probably was because he was an addict. So like he was, say depressed because he was out of control in his brain. It could have been that, but it could have been like the disease makes you do that.
Speaker 1: Who knows it makes you hallucinate, and he was hallucinating and you lose your ability to make cognitive thought, and like that's like a curse beyond comprehension for someone like Robin Williams, when you're just not as crisp as you're celebrated for being the fastest mind in the comedy world.
Speaker 2: True, Brian, he lost the one thing that.
Speaker 1: He's like, it's one of my worst fears, even though losing his arm had anybody. But yeah, it's one of my worst fears to lose that aspect. Like there are certain dementias or like Parkinson's disease and stuff like that. You you lose your bodily ability, but your mental ability stays the same. I think, oh no, that to me is better than losing your mental ability.
Speaker 2: Oh but the other one. You don't even know what's happening. Hopefully, let's go to break and talk about lighter things when we get back.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Robin Williams, I watched or rewatch The bird Cage.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Jathan Lane.
Speaker 1: That holds up big time.
Speaker 2: I remember really enjoying that at an age where I was like, I don't even think I'm supposed to like that this. Yeah, I was like seventh grade or something, and I love this. So I don't even know what this is, but I like it. Nathan Lane's so fucking good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Robin Williams is like, this is a gay man. Nathan Lane is his boyfriend or was not.
Speaker 1: The partners their partners, and they raised a child together who was birthed by this woman that had a one night stand with Robin Williams when they were younger. Oh yeah, and the woman comes back and plays a role also, but got it?
Speaker 2: Who plays the woman? Is she still around? Probably not.
Speaker 1: She's definitely still around. I forgot her name.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, yeah, I remember seeing that back in the day. I remember it was kind of Lane one of the first like openly gay, yes, older kind of where you're like, this is like mainstream gay, yeah, like this is normal.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well it was time of like get the Flockhart was in it, and she was like really young. She was the potential wife of this right of the son of the gay couple. The mother was played by Christine Baranski.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I love Christine Baranski is still around, very much around. She's one of the few ultra that maintained it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Was she in like ab fab.
Speaker 3: Uh No?
Speaker 2: But she she kind of reminds me that like character like that that's like honey, Like what was her first character that was kind of like that? I don't know. But Will and Grace I loved that show so fucking much and it holds up so much and that was I mean, that was that was groundbreaking. Ellen came out, then there was then Will and Grace I think. But people were not out in my high school. Gay was not like a like it was still not a thing that people were like out about.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't too far after you left that No.
Speaker 2: Literally, I talked to someone who graduated a year later to the meeting. They're like, we had one gay person our senior year. I'm like, oh, literally, it literally began after.
Speaker 3: I graduated, because I mean the principal was like open to it.
Speaker 2: I graduated in two thousand and two. By the way, for anyone asking yeah the well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he was like, we're having a club.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was in the well that was in my ear. That was Gay Straight Alliance. And you were mad I was in it because you were scared people would think I was gay because it was a different time. And you you I remember you saying I don't care if you're gay. I just don't want you to have a harder life. Oh yeah, and you go, you go. I go, Mom, I'm straight, but it's the Gay Straight Alliance. You can be at it. And because it was this big uproar, like there were all these like Republican moms and Christian moms being like this, we need to get this out of the schools, and it was like being brought up at PTO meetings. So my mom was like just hearing these women's rhetoric, and she was like, I just don't want people to think you're gay. And I was like, I'm straight. It says it in the name. And she goes, oh, really, are you walking around all day going I'm the essence, the GPS, I'm the gs gs A, I'm a ass And we were like yeah, Mom, we walk around like this and me and Taylor would do this and go like, we're the straight and uh, I wanted. I was. I just wanted to be gay so fucking bad in high school because I just wanted. I wanted because I not. And I'm not minimizing how hard it would have been to be a gay, but it was something I wanted to be, something that I knew you would still like have to love me, but you'd be like kind of mad at me, even though it's not my fault, like if that makes any sense, Like I like you.
Speaker 1: You kind of got that a little bit when you decided to be a comedian.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not my fault. No, I could have chosen something else. I wasn't born this way I was, But I guess you're kind of right like I couldn't have been. When we went to go visit I'll never forget. We want to visit Miami of Ohio for the like college tour, and I really didn't know what I wanted to do, but I knew I wanted to be something big, like I wanted it to be a big thing, and they were touring this campus and I was just like, not here. I'm not going to school in Ohio. Even though I ended up in Kansas and it's a beautiful school. They were like, now we have a paper program that after you graduate with a undergrad in this paper making engineering program, you are guaranteed one hundred thousand dollars salary. And my mom goes, Nikki, do it? What have I ever shown any interest in making paper? Why would you want that for me? I remember being so nice because I was just like, why I felt so unseen? I'm like, you would want your daughter to make paper for the rest of her life. A thousand point was you just wanted me to be financially secure.
Speaker 3: Sure, just wanted you to make some money.
Speaker 2: That sounded great, I am I'm looking at houses. Chris and I are looking at house to buy shit. Yeah yeah, Saint Louis. Yeah, because even if I end up moving to LA or New York, I like will just have a hat. Like everyone says the house was like a bank. Sure, she's like putting your money in a building that yeah, I mean, And we saw one today that would and Chris was like, we could build that thing. Like I'm like, it doesn't have a place where you really like cozily watch TV, like a really nice cozy off this like people can't see it from the street area whatever. And he's like, well, we could build that out. And I looked at the real who's also a contractor, and I was like, how long would that take? Because I like don't want to. If I want to buy a house, I like want it right away. And she was like, that's a nine month build. And I was like, no, I want a la carte off the menu, Like I want Ala carte is not what I'm trying to say. I want what's called curb side. No, not bespoke. You want what's called when you just take what you like, lou key and turnkey. Yes, we got it, we got it, all of us together. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, that's what I go for. Something you don't have to work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just want it to be nice. So we're even looking in near you, I know that would be so fun.
Speaker 1: What about Tim Conny's neighborhood.
Speaker 2: That's a nice neighborhood that's probably no, no, no, we're looking in your name neck of the woods. Honestly, those are some nice houses and with like a ton of space, and Saint Louis is fairly cheap, and I'm like.
Speaker 3: This would be compared to California.
Speaker 2: And I with a dog. It's you know what it's like, Brian, Like when Jack has to go outside to go pee, it's not just open the door, see you in a second, I'll let just that's all the work you have to do, which is nice when you have a dog like that. It's every time you have to go pee, you have to go walk down a hallway, which mine is a tenth of a mile to walk down this hallway. Yea, then it's you walk take the elevator. I'm on the tallest. It's a minute. Like it's like a lot of time. This dog is making me want at least I probably do it six or.
Speaker 3: It was from there.
Speaker 2: I think it's a tenth of a mile.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so far.
Speaker 3: I was too tense.
Speaker 1: When I was growing up, my dog had a doggy door, so you didn't even have to open the door. He would just have We'll just have free ring to run in and out whenever she wants. But you can't do that in California because there's coyotes, especially if you have a small dog.
Speaker 2: You know, I would get her a coyote vest. Remember when I had that for Luigi.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you can't keep it on the dog at all times.
Speaker 2: No, I'd make her wear it all time. No. I was thinking I could just get a big spike.
Speaker 1: On her collar, one big spike, so if.
Speaker 3: That's yeah, but.
Speaker 2: She doesn't really eat the back end, but it might just like they might see the spike and be like, no one for that.
Speaker 3: They have to be covered.
Speaker 2: It's a good point, Brian. I think even owls in Saint Louis like, I've yeah.
Speaker 1: A small dogsursion a bird of prey.
Speaker 2: Could if you pick up your dog, yeah, I would. I don't know what I do. It's I'm almost I'm afraid for maryon out. Well, now she's so fat that owl would have to be No, it's I'm not talking about an owl. I'm talking about like a big hot even a raccoon.
Speaker 1: Sure raccoon could do it too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's fine.
Speaker 3: We have Fox in our neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Fox.
Speaker 2: Final thought, I like, isn't it foxes or are you pluralizing foxing? And I think pluralized it's foxes Fox, I think. But you said it's like we have fox.
Speaker 3: It's just that's wrong.
Speaker 4: Well, you have Fox on the station, Fox News, Fox quickly quick quick yes, what culture slash country invented paper?
Speaker 3: I'm going to say Egyptians.
Speaker 1: Egyptians. That's a really good guest, because I have papyrus. That's a really good guest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a really Samerians.
Speaker 1: Sumerians because they invented language, or the first early recorded language.
Speaker 2: And because I also couldn't come up with an early civilization other than those two.
Speaker 1: Okay, any other.
Speaker 2: Guests incans the Chinese, Chinese, Chinese, Chinese is correct.
Speaker 1: That's good. The Chinese invented paper. That's it. That's all I have to say about It.
Speaker 3: Came to me after I thought about it.
Speaker 1: We did an episode Adam Ruins Everything had a cartoon spin off called I don't know what was called, but we would do like little things in history, and one of the episodes I wrote was about the invention of paper. So now I know that.
Speaker 2: Well, So you just knew that offhand. I thought you looked that up. I was like, oh, good head.
Speaker 3: Do you know Adam? Yeah?
Speaker 2: He mom, he writes he wrote on Adam. Oh my god, right, fights with Adam regularly. He does anything Adam touches.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's so cool. Yes, I love him.
Speaker 2: I know we do. And it's because what he says is verbiage, because you wrote it finds an amazing comedy.
Speaker 3: Ryan already. I knew he knew that. But this is not really pumped.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you just thought f boy Island.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: The elimination ceremony intros. We did do some fun ones. I just fun stuff on lovers is available in the CW app. Yeah, last night they didn't nominate me for an Emmy.
Speaker 1: What the fuck?
Speaker 2: It's too expensive? I guess to nominate you gotta pay. Yeah, why didn't you pay? I would have if I knew that that was holding it back, because I can't imagine it was more than like twelve hundred bucks or something.
Speaker 1: Oh well, then on top of that, you got to kind of pay the campaign. You have to do FYS campaign.
Speaker 2: I would have just been like, oh my name. I just would have at least I just want to be even have a chance.
Speaker 1: But that's what it takes. That's what it takes. Is it's all political.
Speaker 2: I understand that, but I just I wouldn't have done it. But I think if people you know the way I was voting on some of those, I'm like, oh, I know this person and I just click it, like I could have had a chance at least. This way, I have no chance to write it.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's really bad that they didn't even.
Speaker 2: Listen, that it didn't do well for them, and I understand, Well, I got to you. I don't love it.
Speaker 3: I love that show. I know. I love Casey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love Uh.
Speaker 3: What's the other guy's name, not.
Speaker 2: CJ, CJ, No, Benedict Ben Benny's with the boy. We love Benedict.
Speaker 3: I love him. I just love those guys.
Speaker 2: He's a comedian, Benedict.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I knew.
Speaker 2: You got to follow him on Instagram, he follow him. And Casey's adorable and so great and.
Speaker 3: Really, I mean, those guys are really good guys.
Speaker 2: And J was a sweeter. I mean I really I was so happy going into that uh season of the show, because we taped that show right after F Boy, so we went right into F Girl. And I was so excited because I just knew the three guys already good because I just worked with CJ on the prior one, and so we were just we were so excited that those were the guys.
Speaker 1: The other there's a woman, CJ too, who's also a comedian, Ja Franco. She's on the latest The Goat, which is also Bill Dicks and Elon Gayle production.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I go, I wrote Bill and I go. Why is Daniel Tosh nominated? What was different Network? Yeah, not nominated, but he's up for the He's not what's it called to be nominated? To be nominated?
Speaker 1: I don't even know you're can did it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? He's yeah, a candidate nominated anyway. I don't like all of I was voting for the Emmys to like figure out who's gonna get an Emmy. You know, I don't even know if you vote again after this or if they just take the votes from this.
Speaker 3: Are you some panel to vote?
Speaker 2: I'm in the Academy. Oh, the Academy, Okay, I get.
Speaker 1: The Well, the Academy is the Oscars. What's the Emmy's called?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't even know the committee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm in the I was gonna say a child sex ring. I'm just kidding. I think the different sex of Hollywood. No, I uh, you.
Speaker 1: Always been that. No, it was just this year and what got you on it?
Speaker 2: I have no idea. All of a sudden, it just showed up in my email to be like, you can vote from the Emmys today, and I was like, I fucking yeah, I will. So then you go through and I just realized, like I haven't seen everything because you can't see everything, and I feel bad voting when I don't know you don't have a I don't like when people go like, this is the best pie in the city, and I'm like, how much pie have you had? Like you can say this is the best pie I've tried. So I just voted as like this is the best one that I know of, And I have to be okay in my heart that I didn't consider all these people because I don't like not knowing which one.
Speaker 1: That's why you have the campaign, because there's a lot of people who don't watch any of it. But if they got an F y C of a, we got an f.
Speaker 2: Y for your consideration, is what that's saying.
Speaker 1: We ordered John and Vinnie's, or at least my wife ordered John and Vinnie's.
Speaker 2: You've got an F y C in there.
Speaker 1: Vine. It was like a coloring you know, when you go to a restaurant you're a kid and you get like a little, uh coloring sheet.
Speaker 2: That's very clever. What was it for I want to vote for them voting clothes.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I forgot what it was for.
Speaker 2: That's very clever. Good for them. I got like.
Speaker 1: You also presented. You presented for the Creative Arts, and I wonder if that that.
Speaker 2: Got me in.
Speaker 3: Yeah maybe if you present, you're in like Flint.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm gonna be going this year. There's no hell, I've already manifested that shit fucking say, I'll see you.
Speaker 1: There are is someday you'll die on the docket for this year.
Speaker 2: It wasn't on the dock. No, it's not on the docket, but it's like in some separate thing. It's definitely on this one's somewhere, but it's not being voted on by in this batch because Chris and I couldn't find it, okay, but my special certainly was there. And you can vote for that. Oh yeah, so that was exciting to see. So you can vote for it if you're in that, if you're an Emmy.
Speaker 1: Won't the roast win something?
Speaker 3: I mean?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah that was nominated as well. Yeah, that was up for nomination, So I got to vote for that. That's definitely gonna be It's still like being consumed it's wild. The how long that thing has lasted. Yeah, it's great. Everyone's seen it. Everyone, all my tennis girls yesterday, twenty women Oh Allso I mean it was like they watched Uh but it's up on people's phones and yeah it made Yeah and everyone everyone saw it. It was It was top ten on Netflix for a week. Wild. It was really exciting. This dog still doesn't have a name. And I mean, I just don't know what was your name?
Speaker 3: Quinky?
Speaker 2: No, right out of the gate, No, because I don't know what you said. And I don't want to get this is a big thing about this name. I don't want it to spur conversation.
Speaker 1: Well, I just.
Speaker 2: Wanted to be the name, and I don't want people to go like, what's that mean? Wait? What did you say? Quirky? What did you call it?
Speaker 3: Quinky?
Speaker 2: Quinky? That'll be my like name. I could see myself being like, are you a little quinky? But like I couldn't call her that to I just don't.
Speaker 1: You can't get too simple and be avoiding the name either, because like in and like Walking Dead, Darryl Dixon's dog is named dog and that conversation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I can't do it's conversation.
Speaker 2: And then if it's bird either like Bernie or Birdie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just the was a lot of conversation already.
Speaker 1: You've got to pick a basic dog name like Lucky feels good, Lucky Lucky, he's good.
Speaker 2: I mean that's so basic.
Speaker 1: Though, I it's got That's how you don't That's how people avoid conversations when it's.
Speaker 2: That, dude, I know, I know. What do you do if the dogs Someone's like, oh, how old is he? And I'm like, do I say it's a she?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Do I just let them think it's a he? Uh?
Speaker 1: I mean yeah?
Speaker 2: Or do you correct? Because what if it's someone that like you might see the next name.
Speaker 1: If you see them over and over again, then you can tell them the first time. But if it's some random.
Speaker 2: Person, I don't think it. I just want my dog to be they they them. Yes, I think that's what I has called them. And I said I didn't want conversation.
Speaker 1: Controversial, but I just want to say that my dog's name is basic. It's Jack, and that's a lot of dogs are named Jack. I didn't name him, and it doesn't spur any conversation at all when I say his name is Jack.
Speaker 2: All right, well we gotta go. Uh, Jack is a cute name. Well, I might steal a name from one of my friends their dog's name, but there's.
Speaker 3: Oh I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I know that, I know. But you still our dead bird's name and give it to your new dog. And that sucked. Yeah, django, you just threw django and we're stole. Yeah, of course you did. The bird who flew the coop on Christmas and when we were bringing the Christmas tree and it flew out and never came back. And they're like, oh, that name's free. Now let's get a dog in it. All right. I love you. Think you've been being on the show. I'm on the road, Nikki Glazer dot com. See you out there, Buckstives, thanks for listening to show. Jumpy Cup Bye,