Speaker 1: You guys.
Speaker 2: This is a very special episode of Howard Danner.
Speaker 1: This is a very very special episode of Howard tan Rito's We are reviewing Skateboard Kid Too. All Right, a film I'm sure you've heard of in the canons of great films. It's critics blamed. Yeah. Yeah, it came out in nineteen ninety five, a year a peak year for these types of films, and it just really stood out amongst the magical skateboard type genre.
Speaker 2: So yeah, this was This was a movie, a TV movie. I was in, like you said, in nineteen ninety five. Uh so, I believe this was right after Full House rat Oh wait, wait wait this was a TV movie? Oh god, yes, I.
Speaker 1: Thought it was like a No, but they make like the it's like a straight to video. Yes, no, it's straight to video. Yeah it was it ever shown on TV? I don't think it was ever shown. Now it felt like like a Yeah, it didn't feel like a TV movie. It felt did you feel like a TV movie because it didn't have like that many No, I have I have a DVD, not a DVD.
Speaker 2: I have a VHS.
Speaker 1: No player to play it, yeah, no player to play it.
Speaker 2: No, but the cover art let's talk about the cover art real quick, because you see the magical kid on the magical skateboard flying over Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, holding this cover art has no relevance to the movie. There's no, not at all none. There's no Mount Rushmore, no Mount Rushmore. I was looking for thea. I was very bummed. I was like, okay, you know what, there's a dog in it. I'll let it's like, not a dog to.
Speaker 2: Be found, marry a dog to be found.
Speaker 1: There's one dog.
Speaker 2: There's one dog in the sketchy alley when right, right, right, it's walking down the sketchy alley that walks forward and isn't barking, but there's barking over the dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, that one's laser focused on. Yeah. He was just like I'm taking three steps forward. Yeah.
Speaker 2: He was supposed to be a menacing dog.
Speaker 1: And it was very sweet, little baby. But yeah, it has nothing to do with anything.
Speaker 2: And this is the best part about this podcast is that I can force you to watch things that you would never otherwise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's great, it's great. You've forced me to do several things. Run watch this movie, yeah, you know, learn about new Kids. Yeah, you have really there are a lot of things. I just want you to know that I've done for this friendship, so and I and I and I'm happy to do it. I'm happy to do it and things that I definitely would not have a part of. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I think we should do a whole episode just showing each other our old commercials that we like.
Speaker 1: Barbie commercials. Oh, I have to find a bunch of them. Yeah, hard to find.
Speaker 2: My brother just dropped off a whole thing of VHS tapes because they were in my parents' old house and he's in the house.
Speaker 1: You know what. Send them into Legacy Box. Oh, it's not an advertisement, but I have sent stuff into them, and they're an excellent company that digitizes old photo basically any kind of media and you but yeah, Legacy Box, legacy box dot com, and they send you all the information in the box and you can get it either like sent back as I think you can get it as a DVD or a thumb drive or just like as a digital file, depending on how you want to save eight. Yeah, it's great. I love it. And I've sent a bunch of stuff in photographs and I sent a bunch of VHS tapes into them a while ago to get copied onto stuff I want to, like thumb drives. So yeah, I definitely need to do that because yeah, yeah, and uh and yeah, they're a great companies. So yeah, Legacy box dot com disappearing is not an advertisement. I'm interrupting.
Speaker 2: Well, because I went through all the VHS tapes looking for the skateboard kid too.
Speaker 1: This isn't my dad's.
Speaker 2: Handwriting, so I think this is something he just taped it off of somebody.
Speaker 1: But look at this.
Speaker 2: I found one hundred, one hundredth episode. It's in a fancy case like oh, and this feels so old. It says full house, happy birthday, babies, and one hundredth celebration. So does this have like our I know we had a big cake, we had.
Speaker 1: Probably got our one hundredth episode on it. Well yeah, but does it have like it's like a little party. Yeah, probably the little party after I'm sure it's got all that stuff. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I can't play it. I gotta send this.
Speaker 1: And also what I will say is videos from that era, especially they've been in a garage or anywhere hot they are, they will start degrading quite heavily if they haven't already. So yeah, the sooner the better with those kind of things, because you would be surprised at how you know what heat and time will do to you know, thirty year old film.
Speaker 2: And it's been it's been three decades. So yeah, I gotta get that done. I will put that on my to do list or later today, Well, put this on your to do list.
Speaker 1: Guys, watch this movie because it is it's so nineties. It punched me in the face. It doesn't get nineties. I got slimed. Yeah, it's like I just want to it's so nineties. Yeah, I don't know, it's so nineties. Andrew Keagan is in it. How about that? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how you know this should have been a success because Andrew Keegan was in it.
Speaker 1: There were some heavy.
Speaker 2: Hitters in this movie too, but we'll get to that. But let's start with the synopsis, shall we please. People don't know what The Skateboard Kid two is about? First, let me answer the number one burning question on everyone's mind. Is this movie a sequel to the first Skateboard Kid? And the answer is no, No, there's no relationship.
Speaker 1: Oh right, it doesn't. Well, there's a.
Speaker 2: Recur the only recurring character is the skateboard. It's like another magical skateboard, but not the characters are different, the people are different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got it, much like the cover art is unrelated. It's just it's almost like this was made by AI before there was AI. Right. Yes, if you were like make a kid's movie about a skateboard like this is what it would do. Yeah, it's it's just yeah any reference of any.
Speaker 2: H yeah, no reference. So here's your synopsis. With the help of a magical flying skateboard, twelve year old Sammy ends up the hottest skateboarder in town.
Speaker 1: I thought he was thirteen. He's it one time he's thirteen. Oh yeah, he does say it nice. Thirteen so he looks ten. He looks eat that saw another and they write him like he's ten.
Speaker 2: But you know, okay, Well, anyways, however, a group of local thrashers don't like the extra competition. They plot to distrashers. By the way, I didn't make it. Look I copied this hilarious.
Speaker 1: It's hilarious because they they're not great skateboarders.
Speaker 2: Oh, thrashers are notoriously bad skateboard No, No, thrashers are thrashers are like.
Speaker 1: You know, like an eighties or like a you know, rad skateboarder. No, these kids are not good, like they are terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, no, they're you know, you could definitely tell when the stunt doubles.
Speaker 1: We'll get to it. They were like local thrashers and you're like they were Yeah, they were like falling off their skateboards.
Speaker 2: So they plot to destroy any chance of Sammy competing against them in a local tournament. Meanwhile, Sammy's stressed out mom, d Wallace Stone, tries to save the house from being repossessed by the bank and the evil property developer Bruce Davison. Also, Sammy's sister, Tilly, played by the incomparable Andrea Barber, Yeah, manages to fulfill every nineties girl's dream by scoring a date with Andrew Keagan.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like this was this was like one of the highlights of my career.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this was huge. And Tilly what it's Tilly's the store, Tilly.
Speaker 2: It's very cute Tilly.
Speaker 1: But I but I imagine Tilly's short for something Tilda. Maybe perhaps Tilda, like Matilda shortened to Tilda Matilda, Tilly, Matilda, Matilda Curtis. That was my ful I don't know, just making things up. I mean it has as much to do with this movie as anything else that's gonna be doing. So yeah, okay, let's let's get into who was directed and written by, because it was directed.
Speaker 2: By Andrew Stevens, who is also co starring in this film and produced by he does ever see Basically yeah, yeah, it was written by Karen Kelly. And this cast is stacked. I'm not just saying that because I'm in it. Like this is a star all star cast. Like I mentioned Dee waller Stone, she plays the mom Lily.
Speaker 1: She's a stressed out mom and like every movie that I see her in and she's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love She's perfect as the stressed out but emotional mom's she nailed it. If you don't know, if you've been living under a rock, she played the momb in Et and she did a bunch of horror films like Kujo, The Hills Have Eyes, and The Howling Yes Epic. Next, we have Bruce Davison as Bert Squire's This guy's done everything under the Sun as well. You'll recognize him as Senator Kelly in X Men. Senator Randall Schaeffer in Ozark, Emma Stone's father in law La Land. And he played the supporting role in Longtime Companion in nineteen eighty eight, and he won a Golden Globe for that role and was nominated for an Oscar that role as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this guy is y done a lot of work. I was like, oh my god, this guy's yeah. I just every time somebody popped on Thestagram was like, wait, there it is. Yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, You'd think this would just be a bunch of no name, you know, actors just trying to get their sad card, but no, these were actual legit actors.
Speaker 1: Yes they I would say that, yeah they some of them had already done legit movies, but I'd say a lot of them like this was probably in the beginning of the career. Oh yeah true. Like Bruce Davison, I feel like Andrew Baby, I feel like there were other people in it that I was like, I k know who that person is.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it's enough, It's like a yeah, it's a it's yes. Uh. Next, we have Andrew Stevens as Penfield's He's a big time producer. He's produced one hundred and eighty films, through his production company, Andrew Stevens Entertainment.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: He produced Black Dawn with steven Sagall, Half Past Dead with steven Sagall, and The Whole nine Yards with Bruce Willis and Matthew Perry.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like he so Yeah. He played the coach Ken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the weird creepy dude that came and talked to children in a park.
Speaker 2: Yes, we'll get there. But yeah, yeah, but he's I.
Speaker 1: Didn't I wasn't sure. I wondered who he was. I didn't realize he was so prominent. But yeah, he was the director of the producer. I'm surprised he didn't write this too to be on like Karen Kelly, feels like maybe it's a stage name. I'm just saying that's a stage name, right.
Speaker 2: It sounds like yeah. Yeah, So next we have trenton Night as Sammy or leading leading man. Uh. He is such a good actor.
Speaker 1: Actually, this kid's actually good.
Speaker 2: He's so good. He starred in Munchie and Munchie Strikes Back, which is another Andrew Stevens film, and he was an Invisible Mom and Invisible Mom too with d Wallace Stone. There's a lot of overlap. Okay, it's h Andrew Stevens.
Speaker 1: He liked to use. I felt like I'd seen him in other stuff or met him somehow, Like, I don't know, his face seemed familiar to me, but he was so good.
Speaker 2: I was like, he must have starred in a bazillion things and I don't.
Speaker 1: He was pretty you know what, he was probably one of Judy's clients or something. Oh you know what.
Speaker 2: He seemed like Judy Savage material, the precocious kid.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: We have Andrew Barber as Tilly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know if you've.
Speaker 2: Ever heard of her, but she's freaking fantastic.
Speaker 1: God, this is Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then we have Andrew Keegan as Thrasher Dan Foster. If you don't recognize this guy, where have you been? He's He was in Ten Things I Hate About You, Independence Day Seventh, Heaven, thunder Ally, Step by Step, Party of Five, and of course Full House. Indeed, on our Very Lady episode he played your well, the last episode last We Take.
Speaker 1: Yeah, last, yeah, he played he was indeed sorry sorry Kimmy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that episode to have come first. And then I did this movie, yes, Andrew, so yeah, because it was like I took yourself actually.
Speaker 1: Okay, wow, Well okay, no, yeah, actually it would have because we ended in ninety four and this was ninety five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, So okay, that that all tracks.
Speaker 1: I mean, either way, I don't it's it's not weird. It's not weird, like at.
Speaker 2: First I believe it was that weird. It's not like this as a as a nineties child actor, this is what.
Speaker 1: The same people well maybe I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know as a but no is as an actor, this is not weird.
Speaker 1: You've kissed people that you made god no, I mean if you've done a Hallmark movie, basically you've made out with everyone that's ever done a Hallmark movie, like you know, like three Degrees of Yeah, separation, Yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: Next, we have Turin Bay as Zeno, this bizarre character.
Speaker 1: This weird I don't know, but he was happy with the creepy people and the children is it's really.
Speaker 2: Got through the cast list. So yeah, he's I don't know what he's done. He was very popular in the forties, known for his suave demeanor, exotically handsome looks, and well modulated voice I think, And it's the voice is key because the skateboard talks, and that's his voice.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think it was his voice that really, you know. Yeah, he had a great role for him. It was like like it sounded like like Kit from night Rider, you know what I mean, like that sort of Yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Was giving Kit from night Writer.
Speaker 1: I like them.
Speaker 2: Next, we have Brooks Stanley as Mickey Kincaid, the cute little girl who was the best friend of Sammy.
Speaker 1: She was great.
Speaker 2: She appeared in Picket Fences, Grace Underfire in fifteen episodes of the second Half. This girl, she didn't have a whole lot of.
Speaker 1: Credits, and I thought she's so pre cooked, like she should.
Speaker 2: Have done a million things, you know.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then we have Pablo Orlando as the villain Jay Squires. This kid is so good and he only has four credits on IMDb.
Speaker 1: I was shocked.
Speaker 2: He was in Dangerous Minds, the Tin Soldier, nine episodes of George with George Foreman, and Skateboard Kid Too.
Speaker 1: Those are his only credits. And I'm like, he's so good.
Speaker 2: Can do more stuff.
Speaker 1: Young justin Timberlake, look the macaroni but like not to crispy, but yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: And last I have to mention the other friend in the Friendship Trio is Willie Santos. Uh. He is actually not a professional actor. He's a professional skateboarder.
Speaker 1: He was the one. They have a bunch of Santos shirts on was his.
Speaker 2: That he was one of the original skaters on the Tony Hawk Birdhouse team. So he's a big deal.
Speaker 1: If you're into the skating world.
Speaker 2: You can watch this on YouTube and boy, have you better You had better go out and watch it.
Speaker 1: Probably the only place you can find it now.
Speaker 2: I was. I was surprised we found it even on YouTube. I know, what do we want to go through? Some comments from fans the critics? Yeah, that's okay. So here's some comment YouTube comments from fans. Omg. Andrew Keagan played Stephanie Tanner's love crush in Full House, and now Andrew Keagan plays Kimmy Gibbler's crush in this movie.
Speaker 1: Lol. I mean there's always the joke about Andrew that he made out with everyone on every show in the night that was he was did the teen heartthrob, he was the love You killed it every single show? Yes, he killed it? Yeah? Oh, here we go another comment. I've wanted to find this movie again for about twenty five years now. I couldn't remember the name of it. Finally fucking found it. I don't know, I just like bleeped myself there. I'm so happy I found this and watched it, and also severely sad that it's so bad. Lol, thanks for uploading. And that is exactly the sentiment. You are both thankful and horrified. It's like watching Xanadu, which I do with Stele Lea. You're like, I am so thankful that this terrible thing exists to laugh at because it's it's amazing. It's so bad, it's amazing.
Speaker 2: It's it's just yeah, it's it's.
Speaker 1: A ridiculous watch of it. It's the it's the cult classic of it where you're like, oh, this is it's there's just bad and then there's like wow, and you're like, I have to watch it. I love it, gotta watch it. Yep.
Speaker 2: The bad makes it, Yes, just so good. Uh one more comment, I finally found this movie. You know, it's a trend like people keep can't find.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're looking for as a kid. It's not like, you know, every blockbuster had Skateboard Kid too, and there's no more blockbusters, so you're really it's a.
Speaker 2: Stretch everyone's like, where is this h I finally found this movie as a child, I watched it and did the same as in the movie, put money in an envelope and dropped it into the mailbox. However, a skateboard never appeared in my house. Oh did you ever do that send like cash in an envelope to like get I don't know, I some prize or something.
Speaker 1: I think so. No, I don't think I ever did. But I remembered the stuff on the cereal box where it was like send in three ninety nine. Yeah, I didn't have to be a check though. Oh you would have been fine. I would have been find a cerial box and do it right now. You will be the only one that can still do it. Your trances of winning are great. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I've got my check books right or I can write a check right now. But I remember that being the thing you could send cash via USPS and it was not a scary thing. You just send your cash, it'll get there. I mean, no one's going to steal it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: We were more innocent back in nineteen ninety.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I don't know that kid didn't get his ten dollars back, so somebody stole it, So somebody, somebody is stealing it. Yeah. Uh, let's hear what the critics think about this, because god.
Speaker 2: Oh no, yeah, people who are actually qualified to judgment.
Speaker 1: It's actually not horrible. Oh okay, okay, so let's here's here we go. I'll read it to you because then it lands a little softer.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, Hey there, faner Ritos. We have a very exciting announcement to make.
Speaker 1: We are hosting a live event on June fifth at the iHeartRadio Theater in Burbank, California.
Speaker 2: And it is not just any live event, oh no, in honor of Jesse and Becky's wedding in season four. Not only will this event be wedding themed, we will also have John Stamos and Laurie Lachlan joining us amazing.
Speaker 1: Plus we have a few special guests who will be making an appearance as well. Trust us, it is going to be the vow renewal of the season of the year. Okay, We've never done anything like this. I'm so exciting. I don't know what's going to happen, and if you listen to this podcast, you know you don't either.
Speaker 2: So but we promise it will be entertaining.
Speaker 1: You can buy tickets.
Speaker 2: Click the link in our Instagram bio how Rude podcast to purchase.
Speaker 1: We can't wait to see you guys there, So dress in your best wedding attire on June fifth, and we will see you at Jesse and Becky's now renewal. Yay. TV Guide magazine said that the sequel shows a vast improvement over the original nineteen ninety three film, adding that it is often quite witty, witty everything compliment. I cannot imagine what would be a vast improvement. So bad was the qualify as? But now I feel like I need to find Skateboard Kid one. Yeah, maybe we need to watch How could it be worse? I mean it was very hard to follow Skateboard Kid two, obviously having no knowledge of Skateboard Kid one. Right, right, but yeah, but uh so it was often quite witty.
Speaker 2: See okay, quite whitty.
Speaker 1: See that.
Speaker 2: I'll take that compliment.
Speaker 1: It's the only only compliment because on IMDb and the audience members, which is, you know, the people have spoken. It has a score of three point eight out of ten on IMDb, and the audience has rated it a total of thirty two percent on Rotten Tomatoes, which means that a third of people I haven't commented on it. Okay, that's a great way of friends people have commented on It's. Yeah, like, out of the one hundred percent that have watched, thirty two percent of people have said that this was terrible. This is higher than I expected. I really expected like two stars. Yeah, one percent. I expected this to be far lower. So I know, and now I'm my my interest is peaked, and I want to go find one star movies on IMDb because it's got to be just I don't know, it's.
Speaker 2: Got to be a great way to spend your spare time.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to remember this. I'm not gonna remember I said this and actually do it. But right now I'm like, I bet that there's some jewels in there. Anyway, it would be.
Speaker 2: One star movies would be great to have on in the background while you're doing your lego sets.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying it's true. Yeah, I have to ask you, says you start in this movie, what are your like, what are your overall thoughts of this movie?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What how was it filming it? Did you enjoy it? Do you remember it? Was it like how long was your schedule? How many days were you on set? Like it is the scoop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I freaking loved this movie. I loved it as a well. I must have been nineteen in nineteen ninety five. Yeah, I was eighteen or nineteen. I loved it then.
Speaker 1: I loved it now.
Speaker 2: I love these cheesy eighties and nineties movies, you know, I'm a big fan of that. The worse it is, the more I love it.
Speaker 1: Me too. And it was a great experience.
Speaker 2: Like see, it was great for me because it was one of my first single cam okay experience. It's very different than multiicam as you know. Yes, so yeah, it was a bit of an adjustment to the single cam thing because you know, everything is worse slow.
Speaker 1: By single cam. We mean that usually there's one or two cameras shooting. There's usually an A to B cam, but it means often you are shooting on location, so you're in an enclosed space, so and you're getting different shots and different lighting setups. It's not like on a sitcom where the stage is sort of pre lit and done and there's four cameras that are on the outside and it's done a like a theater stage production. So that's why it's a lot different, and you it's a lot more technical, and you move stuff around so you get, you know, one angle, and you do a scene and one time and then you're like, okay, now we're gonna totally relight everything and reposition the cameras and do it. And you do that usually several multiple times in a lot of set up, say in the single cablel forever for sorry.
Speaker 2: It's a hard adjustment coming from the sitcom world, it's it's a hard adjustment. And you know what else I realized it. I don't love single cam because you don't get to hang out with the whole cast for the whole time. Like you know, you're only there on the days that they're doing your scenes. So I wasn't part of the skateboarding scenes. I wasn't like all these crazy scenes. I didn't get to hang out with a bunch of.
Speaker 1: The other kids. It's like you can do a movie with someone and never see them, you know, never see.
Speaker 2: Them, right, So I kind of I prefer the sitcom world where you're with the whole cast, you can see the other actors performing their scenes. This I was just like, yeah, I was a small part of it and never got to be part of the skateboarding scene.
Speaker 1: So, which is a shame, because you you are a world class skateboarder. You took it up after you started unicycling, right, that's what you should have done. Ridden your unicycle right through the middle of them, up that ramp, halfpipe it. I bet you could do it. Yeah, that would have fit you know, that would not have been weird in this movie. Actually, I feel like skateboard Kid three is actually unicycle Kid three, because again it has as much to do with the first two as anything. So it's unicycle Kid three and now it's a magical unicycle which really tracks. I feel like that that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes total sense. I might start running right now.
Speaker 1: Send that to the DGA. It's gonna be huge.
Speaker 2: But what did you think as an audience member, Joe, what was you?
Speaker 1: What were your overright this? I think my face was like the whole time, you know what I mean, like my I don't know that my lower jaw met my upper jaw were quite some time. I was I was agg I believe, as they say, it's a great word word, but it means like it's not horrified but just goky, like just sort of like I can't believe this. And that was from jump from from the the the the pixelated beginning sequence which is at the sky, which I think might actually be the background from that Soaring over California ride at Disney. Sure, that's what I felt like I was on. I was expecting to smell orange fields all of a sudden, but yeah, that and it was it was like someone did it and I and I'm making fun of this because it's amazing, you guys, and Aby knows I'm good. Like this is. But it feels even the opening sequences like like the visual effects are like, uh, when you took a computer class in like seventh or eighth grade on those macintoshes with the green things and you were like writing code and it was really like moving a snake or something around. Like it feels like somehow they did the visual effects on that because they are that great and it's they're fabulous, and this is this is by the way, this is a nothing of the skateboard and the other things, but the flying sequences are a sight to behold.
Speaker 2: Yes, it opens with Sammy, Uh, he's having a nightmare where he's or a dream.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He's flying in the air and it's so well nightmare.
Speaker 1: But no, well that becomes in the beginning, but no, it doesn't. It open with it. We go into the garage. We open in the garage flash mac right, yea in the suit when the flashback when he's a little kid, which yes, I didn't get was a flashback, and was wondering why they were walking into the shed. Well, no, when they opened the door, I was like, is it are they dead? What's happening?
Speaker 2: And then yes, but have been adjacent?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, and just I love how he unzipped from one coverall in the mechanic thing just right, unzipped into air force uniform and his helmet was right there to go flying a jetplane. Yeah, it was. It was effective that and he told us that if only he could fly this plane, all foreshadowing something terrible happening.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I'm always doing productions where the dad is dead. It was someone's dead apparent.
Speaker 1: Well that's I mean, that's a pretty common theme. It's dead parent. I either you're happy or sad about it, you know what I mean. It's either worked out well or not so it's a lot of things start there. Oh boy. So yeah, so we started this weird shed scene where he has breakaway clothes and that was in an air Force suit and he walks out of a door into the white light, and then we foreshadowing, then it foreshadows. Then we realized he is gone.
Speaker 2: He had die.
Speaker 1: He died because he was the only air Force flying a plane.
Speaker 2: Yep. And it ties into this kids, Yeah, who's having nightmares about our dreams or whatever about flying through the sky.
Speaker 1: He wants, well, they're they're playing with the airplane, aren't they the thing that flies around like one of those airplanes on a string. Which, yeah, I was like, how do you guys not get dizzy? They were just spinning in circles. I would have gotten sick totally. But and then they tow the car, right, Oh yeah, the car, the car that dad has sold in the flashback has.
Speaker 2: To be sold because mom can't pay the mortgage on the house because his dad's gone.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep.
Speaker 2: I guess that life insurance just wasn't enough.
Speaker 1: You know, Danny Tanner. That's all I'm saying, right.
Speaker 2: The difference between this single mom and then single Danny Tanner and his mansion in San Francisco.
Speaker 1: Yeah, craziness.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, So what were some of your favorite scenes in this movie? Oh, you have to just narrow it down.
Speaker 1: I mean when they're walking through the weird warehouse that he winds up in, where you're like, why is this child going alone through alleyways into a warehouse by himself? Has no one taught him better? But then there's a lot of problematic things through the whole movie that answer that question, and the answer is no, no one has taught him better not to talk to strangers and go into weird alleys. So they go into this warehouse thing where Zeno eventually appears, and it was it was giving. It was giving Xanadu vibes. Maybe because I just watched it recently, but it was giving, like magical man appears and lights and flashing things and and nothing makes sense, but where they're walking through, like the bookshelves that are empty and the light and that, like it was cool, but I it was I I was like, what is gonna happen?
Speaker 2: Like I thought it was setting up for a creepy.
Speaker 1: It was creepy. It was creepy. It was it felt ominous and also I was like doing the like I was trying to duck around the bookshelf because it was neither above nor below his face. It was somewhere around his chin most of my time, so you couldn't see his face as he's talking, and you want to because it's not anyway. That was great. That was and then he then he disappears into a light bulb.
Speaker 2: Fantastics but again special effects, fantastic love it. This scene was kind of reminiscent of The Never Ending Story. Did you watch that when the kid goes into the book is it a break store? Yeah, and he talks to a guy like it was sort of giving like that set up where he opens the book and the yeah, the nothing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was supported.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's sort of sort of like and.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, we're introduced to Starduster, start up, Startarduster at this point, the skateboard and the skateboard. Yeah, it's pretty amazing, and it doesn't talk yet, not not at this point. No, because that's a surprise.
Speaker 2: Yes, we have to wait.
Speaker 1: We're building.
Speaker 2: We're building to the reveal that this skateboard can talk and that he can fly and turned this little boy who's never skated before into a professional world class skateboarder.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And how that happens is between the squire's kid mm hmm, and he challenges the younger kid. Oh no, they meet in like that weird sort of back alley wash thing first and have the skate thing right before they can share. Yeah, the La River bed or whatever. Okay, oh, yes, so they do that and he like skates, uh, but like he kind of doesn't he fall or something like Starduster isn't uh turned, Starduster's not totally worked. The starduster is not totally working, and so like some things have happened, but he thinks he can do it, and he goes down there and he just makes it kind of makes.
Speaker 2: A fool of himself, but it's trying to show off for the big boys, who I guess they're supposed to be the same age, but he looks eight and they look right.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, yeah, yeah, it was shocked. I was like, you guys the same age, but yes, and this is part of the crew that Andrew Keegan is with.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And I'm also a side note, convinced that the best friend Mickey Uh. For almost the whole movie, I was almost sure that she couldn't actually ride her bike because you never saw her riding it. Really that I remember every time you saw the kids, she was walking with the bike, and I wondered, why is this bike so important? Which we later find out but it's critical, it's critical. But we also find out that yes, she can ride that bike, and yeah, and she has a much better stunt. But anyway, I was just like, why is she never on the bike? She always walking the bike. Anyway, She's always walking bike. But then I did in the wash and h and he makes a fool himself. But then they kind of challenge each other to a thing, a duel, to a duel, Yeah, a skateboarding duel on obviously great hill for skateboarding. They basically go and have this challenge on like a dirt road. I was like, who skateboards on this? Don't you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was not a very you know, big budget production.
Speaker 1: We were a little well and he didn't need a skateboard because as he goes flying down the hill, guess what, people, Starduster comes to life at the perfect moment because basically this kid is trying to kill him. Yeah, if we really acknowledge it. The kid is literally playing chicken and trying to send this kid off of a cliff.
Speaker 2: It's very dark when you think think about.
Speaker 1: It, You're like, oh my god, he could have died. And instead of dying, he has a magical skateboard, thankfully, or this movie would have been real short and real dark. And he goes flying like a bird over the trees and lands safely, much to the shock of all of the skater boys and himself. Skater boys are very impressed by this. They are very impressed, and I was very impressed by the visual effects of him flying.
Speaker 2: Oh it's so realistic. I really thought he was flying.
Speaker 1: Oh wow. It was likely he didn't have the money for a harness, and so they lean him up against a table that they covered it in a green cloth, and he was pretending to fly, but like was leaned up against something. There was there was That's exactly what it was. I'm sure I wasn't there there was another thing where he's flying and he's actually in the harness and his jeans are up to his rkle height, you know, and you're like, why does he look so strange? You're like, oh, because he's wearing a weird harness but this one just looked like they were like, look, we we spent all our harness money. So just lean forward and pretend like you're flying. And he was like doing the worm. It was great. It was great. I was I was like, I don't know how you're flying straight, sir, but it's yeah.
Speaker 2: It's I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: This is again, such a gem. Just you're a dog. I was like, what is he doing? Oh good, yeah, oh skateboards anyway, Kids survives yeah, and goes on to to you know, basically become best friends with a skateboard, which is sad well he and he ignores uh Mickey his best friend. Oh she was the best. Can we talk about the amount of just casual misogyny in this movie though, Oh the Kids insults women several times. He's like, oh women whatever. Yeah, there's several comments where I'm like, where he likes is and the skateboard says to him, you only appreciate like a quote that says you only appreciate women when you run out of socks. Oh yeah, that was. And if you listen to something like that, whole banter back and forth is like, oh, women are useless, like, ew, gross, they're disgusting. I know, yeah, but hey when you need him to do your laundry and it's good damn around, I was.
Speaker 4: Like, what, Yeah, a misogynistic skateboard then creepy dude with the ponytail at one point like tries to seduce mom in order to get her house and comes on so strong and is so inappropriate and like creepy ray pee vibe.
Speaker 2: Uh oh yeah, Bruce Davison is a creepy.
Speaker 1: He basically yeah, he is. Uh yeah, He's a total rape douchebag. And it made me uncomfortable, made me super uncomfortable. Ken Fields may be uncomfortable when he pulls up in a in a expensive car in his little shorts and gets out to watch some young boys skateboarding. He was like, excuse me, sir, what are you doing? Yeah, and then he's like, hey, kid, you ever try skateboarding? I was like, no, this is what you warned every kid about, Like no, don't ask the man skateboarding. And then he's like, I could really build your career. And you're like, oh, it's gonna be the coach. It's always the coach.
Speaker 2: And I was missing with Candy like give the kids and he had a panel van you know, and.
Speaker 1: The promise of a puppy somewhere. No, instead it was the promise of of money and fame. Yeah. And luckily this wasn't uh dateline and it was a nineteen nineties skateboard magic movie, so could have got Bair to this.
Speaker 2: This is a critical plot point. So because the goal is so the villain, the villain boy Jay I think his name is Yeah there justin Timberlake, just yeah, Jay Squires. Jay Squires decides he wants that magical skateboard because he has to win this turn.
Speaker 1: Because the kid didn't die. Yes, his first plan didn't work.
Speaker 2: So he and his dad, Bruce Davison decide, Okay, we're going to distract the people that live in the Curtis house. Yeah, so that that Jay Squires can go in and steal the magical skateboarder.
Speaker 1: So what do they both do? They both like go after the women of the house in a creepy way.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well, and they wrope Andrew Keagan is this thing. Bruce David Davidson is the rape dude with the wall of stone.
Speaker 1: He's like shows up at her house with flowers after he's also just been on her property all the time, measuring for stuff, trespassing, trespassing, and uh, she hates him. And then he shows up like with flowers and like tries to seduce her and she Uh. As a woman, I watched it and I was like, Oh, she's so uncomfortable and wants to shut the door but she can't because he's there. Yeah, so it was I was definitely watching it with different eyes. Yeah. Yeah, she says, yes, I'm like, you don't have to, Like, you don't have you go to dinner with him. She literally says if I go to dinner with you, will you stop harassing me? And I was like, well, if that ain't a nineteen ninety five statement of I mean that right that that has gone away completely.
Speaker 2: Well, she's she's under duresst wall of.
Speaker 1: Stone, stressed out mom, stressed out single mom. Right, dad's either dead or often you know, Tahiti with someone else. And she's got an alien in a closet. So she's always got very big problems Aliens in closets. Uh, you know, kids drunk at school, Uh, you know, losing a house, legible skateboards.
Speaker 2: She's so stressful, this is like woman a break. Yeah, and then Jay Squires convinces his buddy Andrew Keegan.
Speaker 1: To ask Tilly me out on a date to get me out of the house too. Now we need to back up a little bit because we haven't spoken nearly enough about Tilly. That is. That is why we're here. Okay, that is why we're here. Let me get a sip of tea and yeah, I need my coffee. Did you find any plot holes in like, I mean, I that's not a question, uh, because yes answers yes, that that the entire movie is a plot hole. It's just yeah, but like, is there any with your character in particular? Because I found one?
Speaker 2: Oh you did?
Speaker 1: Oh? I did? Well? Yeah, I don't know if it's a plot hole. It was a minor detail? Is it?
Speaker 2: The dress is?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's the dress. So there's one scene I had to add.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say there's one scene where you're libbing, because you can always kind of tone on that because they're like h yeah, and you're like ah yeah, because it's uncomfortable. I hate it when they're just like and I do it.
Speaker 2: I'm on the phone because I'm a teenage girl. So I'm on the phone for ninety percent of the.
Speaker 1: Movie almost yeah, logically attached to you.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: So so Andrew Stevens, the director is just like, just talk, just talk like a teenage girl would talk. And I'm like, okay, but this is a really long, freaking scene where they're trying to steal my nail polish or something like that, and it's.
Speaker 1: Got to be that you're like talking during the whole shot of them getting in the like it's a oh right, and.
Speaker 2: It's long and lengthy, anomally talking, and the scene so you only hear me with my bad ad libbine right, which was the scene wasn't And.
Speaker 1: You can't really be quiet as if someone is responding fully because then it just leaves dead air and they want you to be talking in it. So yeah, it feels awkward and weird.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, I'll talk about my dress for this dance that's coming up, I'll talk about my nails, I'll talk about my hair, I'll throw some shade at my mom. It worked, but at one point I was like, can we cut?
Speaker 1: Like where are we gonna cut?
Speaker 2: I'm just rambling, right, So anyways, So yeah, so Tilly talks about her dress in this one scene, and then later on, after Andrew Keagan asks Tilly out to go to this fall dance, she's like, oh my god, I need a dress. I don't have a dress. And I'm like, she was just talking like.
Speaker 1: Dance a mess. I need to get him done, and yeah, she's yes, maybe she was so excited that she was just so excited that she forgot let's go with that.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's exactly, which.
Speaker 1: Again is sad because he's only there to distract her and doesn't really like her in the beginning.
Speaker 2: But you can be you can see Andrew Keegan strugg and this was a note he got from the director smiling shoot this several times about smiling.
Speaker 1: Stop like being oh, I just like it looks like he's gonna laugh or something like oh no.
Speaker 2: The note was you could they wanted to see Andrew Keagan struggling with this, like he's not a bad guy, but he's acting like a bad guy with this whatever. So you can see he feels bad that he's asking Tilly out only as part of this tist plan and he kind of struggling, but he kind of feels bad about and you can see that you can absolutely see it. Yes, Andrew knocked this out of the park.
Speaker 1: Yes, and what not that they wanted to see that contract was the note?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it was more just kind of straightforward, like, hey, I'm going to ask you out starting here's.
Speaker 1: Here's what's happening under the surface.
Speaker 2: Right, this note was kind of like struggle with it more and just look, I don't know, look like you're like you kind of feel bad, like you feel bad, right, And I could see that, Yeah, he has he walks away, He's kind of just like pauses and looks around, just like what I'm a dick man?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Did I just do?
Speaker 2: Why am I participating in this?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Truly truly? Uh but yeah he then you know, your character freezes out.
Speaker 2: I I do.
Speaker 1: Wish I had gotten to know tillymore, though we don't. We really only see her uh attached to the phone, right or he's on the phone awkward at the dance, which you were great, but like intentionally awkward not but but it was written to be yes, yes, uh, we did that swimmingly well. Oh to say nothing of the extras, Oh well that was okay.
Speaker 2: First, you you probably know we weren't at an actual dance. All those extrack footage.
Speaker 1: It was like, you guys, I'm not kidding. I've rewound it a couple of times during the clips of the kids just dancing because it was so it's an and I know as an actor and I had to do this recently on a in a scene and there was no music, so I played music because we were doing it was mos and so I played music like in the background and was like we were trying to make it as normal as possible rather than just like waving our arms and having a party silently, because that's really awkward.
Speaker 2: But it's really nothing dancing that.
Speaker 1: No notes.
Speaker 3: There was one kids that was giving it his all, left it all on the floor. These kids looked some of them looked very young, some looked too old. Well, some were dress that's kind of isn't it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: You got six feet kids, mustaches are very different.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's so true.
Speaker 1: But no, we that was all stock footage.
Speaker 2: We just shot like I think in that same warehouse with the creepy Sanno or whatever his name is.
Speaker 1: That was stock. You guys, Like when you walked there was no dance scene. There was.
Speaker 2: They just put a like a background with a table of snacks and side balloons up. We just got that scene with like there were what two extras or two background.
Speaker 1: Actors and then the kids dancing and everything was just.
Speaker 2: So that was stock foot.
Speaker 1: We didn't know.
Speaker 2: That wasn't that wasn't what I shot.
Speaker 1: That was better. It's even better.
Speaker 2: We couldn't afford a whole dance scene. Heck no, we could afford one wall, one background and a table full of snacks.
Speaker 1: Punch. Okay, that's even that's amazing. I love that.
Speaker 2: And that scene was very it was It was as awkward to act as it was written, like we're supposed to be Andrew again until they are just kind of like they don't know what to say, so awkward.
Speaker 1: And yeah, that was just as awkward to perform as it was well it read to read it perfectly. It was the level of awkward and uncomfortable was palpable.
Speaker 5: And now I know it's because you were acting, so no acting records, no acting or you were like I am his method right now, I am living at the moment.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, yeah, I was gonna ask like, how was that scene? Was it one of those scenes that you had to shoot all day because of all the extras, and now I know it took twenty minutes. Like I said, it's like this movie was made by AI before there was Ai. You know. It was like we just cut out the middle end and we're just gonna fake everything. Yeah, the director had to get very creative. And I asked him, as you do. Was he also shooting it himself? Was he the camera op?
Speaker 2: I want to say yes, probably. You know, he was the studio teacher right right.
Speaker 1: He was everything.
Speaker 2: He was a director, he was everything.
Speaker 1: What did you What did you think about your wardrobe? Because this was definitely not Kimmy Gibler wardrobe. Was it a relief to not be in that well? Yes, on one hand.
Speaker 2: On the other hand, when I first started watching this movie last night, I was like, did we not have a budget for.
Speaker 1: A wardrobe depart?
Speaker 2: Like the wardrobe was really terrible on all accounts, not just till you know I thought that, Yes. Then I started recognizing.
Speaker 1: Some of the oversized flannel shirts and there was there was a red and blue one that you had that you were wearing, and that was I was like, that's Andrew's shirt. I don't know why I remembered that that again, Why do I know these things? I think there's a picture of us in it. Yes, it was abe shirt, it was a wardrobe shirt. But that those were all my own clothes. That's what I thought. I was like this, bring your own BYO c S party. Yeah, your own clothes.
Speaker 2: Yes, and so I thought wow, and I've never been I hate fashion.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I just don't want to think about it. I would wear the same thing every day.
Speaker 1: If I could.
Speaker 2: So I didn't put fashion.
Speaker 1: I could, if you want it, I could, but I don't. I don't want to. I'm just Steve jobs it and like just get you know, black pants and black turtleneck. I would love that. I would do love that to wear the same dance holding every day. Nothing nothing, You're Andrea damn Barber. You were in skateboard kid too. You can do whatever the hell you want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, an ego boost. Yes, But let's talk about the dress. The dance dress.
Speaker 1: That was beautiful.
Speaker 2: It was my own dress my junior year.
Speaker 1: I was gonna says I remember you again. I was like, I remember you wearing this dress because I remember you like seeing pictures of you in it. Yes, yes, this was Oh I love this, you love this dress.
Speaker 2: I love. This was custom made design. It like talk about special.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was gorgeous.
Speaker 1: I loved it.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I got I'm glad I got to wear.
Speaker 1: It on screen. It was good to describe it for everyone. Uh, even though I want to hold it from withhold it from you so you actually go watch Skateboard Kid too. It was green velvet off the shoulder, just like you described it in the in the scene, but off the shoulder green velvet. Sort of an a line skirt line skirt, not even a line, but like a like a little bit of a swing sort of to it, you know what I mean, like a swing. Yeah, and uh, the fitted fitted bodice and it had like a lace applice in sort of a like across the colotage and into the uh, into the the cleavage area. But it wasn't like but there was an it was right. It was like where that would be was all like this pretty lace and pearl stuff. And yeah, you it was gorgeous. It fit you beautifully.
Speaker 2: You looked I felt beautiful.
Speaker 1: It looks so pretty. I looked her hair down and like, it was nice to see you being like normal, you know, and not have to be like, I mean you were still kind of the fun silly, you know, calling your brother Booker and whatever.
Speaker 2: But oh yeah, there was some Kimmy Gibbler moments like yelling like get it hair or whatever I was doing.
Speaker 1: I did have to wonder my hair, Like I feel like the hair. Did I do my own hair for the movie, because it except for the dancing the Andandrew was busy curling your hair and shooting the movie, so he was was camera opping with the other.
Speaker 2: Because he Yeah, but I had several scenes where I had like that founding father's ponytail in the back right, it just didn't look very quaft, and so I'm like, did I just throw my hair back now that ponytail?
Speaker 1: That's what was probably just like someone doing makeup and hair that was like, hey, I've put makeup and hair on myself before, how hard can it be? You know, and like like that's I feel like that was probably what was in the budget for it. That's it's not right, Yeah, something like I have a bag of makeup at home, Sure I'll use that, you know, and they were like pull it back, yeah, and no time anything else. I don't know, yeah, but no, your hair. But in the dance scene. You know, you had the little nineties ringlets.
Speaker 2: The ringlets, it was half up. I really I never felt more beautiful on TV. Well you looked, Yeah, you look very pretty. Thank you.
Speaker 1: I love I love that. Any moments while you were filming the movie that particularly stand out good, bad, or indifferent? Oh yeah, well so probably the go to the bad. The indifferent probably isn't very interesting, but yeah.
Speaker 2: I have I have one for all that will fit all of them category.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it hit me.
Speaker 2: So the scene where Andrew Keegan is bringing to Lee home from the dance, right, we are on the front stoop right the front port. Yes, and there's like some talk He's like, well, I guess I go there's like some.
Speaker 1: You on the porch of someone's house that didn't give you permission to shoot there?
Speaker 2: Oh no, we had rented the house. Was that we we actually shot inside that house?
Speaker 1: And Okay, I got it because I was. That would have been amazing. The porch light's really great.
Speaker 2: Talk about it, just talk about it was Bruce Davison's shot.
Speaker 1: So yes, with like the lighting is very soft.
Speaker 2: I'm wearing Andrew Keagan's jacket.
Speaker 1: I take it off.
Speaker 2: I hand it to him our fingertips, brunt, I look down four hundred times at these fingertips, right.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 1: They cut the kiss.
Speaker 2: There was a kiss, people, I kissed Andrew Keagan alongside nine hundred other You know, I could.
Speaker 1: Sell t shirts that say that I can't. I thought, was this shirt? Yes, so I know it's in the original like DVD or VHS tape.
Speaker 2: I've seen it.
Speaker 1: I've seen it. I got it. The director's cut.
Speaker 2: I need the director's mom has a picture. She has a picture of this, so I will find.
Speaker 1: It and bring it. Picture of you guys kiss. Yes, amazing, Right, that's a very like, that's a very Sherry Barber moment. Oh yeah, she had no shap. Just get a picture of this.
Speaker 2: So, for whatever reason, it's cut from this YouTube version.
Speaker 1: I'm so mad.
Speaker 2: I rewound it three times and I am for it.
Speaker 1: Really disappointed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because then I was in love with Andrew Keagan.
Speaker 1: Of course I was. Also I was in love with Andrew in the nineties, right after our after our stream kiss. Yes, that was it was literally, that's the joke. Now we're like like he was just it was just a little you know, it was it was he was everything that a thirteen or fourteen year old boy with a lot of attention would be. So yeah, he was making out with everybody. It was hilarious.
Speaker 2: It's those long locks, I tell you it's it's magical hair. He had magical magical hair, truly. Yeah, it's true, like with the tentacles sort of. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'm so sad that you didn't get to see that epic. I am too, so wonderful. I know you were tearing your your garage apart. You were like, I am looking for it, like it for the show. So it'll it'll appear.
Speaker 2: When it's meant too. Yeah, whenever, whenever I organize my garage. Oh boy, be patient, be patient.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh my goodness. If they did a reboot of this film, okay in twenty twenty five, who should be who would be in it? And we don't have to go like all of the characters necessarily, right? But I can't cast everybody? Yeah yeah, but like who would be who'd be Sammy? Oh? Who'd be they? You I put? You know, I didn't cast.
Speaker 2: I did not cast Tilly. I can't really imagine anybody but myself. But uh no, I put Matthew Morrison as the coach recruiter.
Speaker 1: He's kind of because he kind of he also for sure, yeah you can do that. Well.
Speaker 2: The actor Andrew Stevens, the actual actor, he he was kind of like, I don't know if he was smarmy or just kind of like he was too good looking to be buying the I'm like, he's got to be in front of the camera. He's kind of suave, he's got his hair is perfectly quaffed, and he romances do you wall of Stone?
Speaker 1: Well that was That's the thing why he's probably writing and directing and producing and is gripping his own movie because he's like, I should be in front. No no, no, no, no no. No offense to Andrew Stevens if you're out there, fabulous. We were all this is what we do as filmmakers. You write and you're like, I'm putting myself and everything. No shame like that, but yeah, that's right, respect because that's what we do. But but yeah, it's definitely like you're like, ah, oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Matthew Morrison, I don't know why I picked him. It was a little harder for Okay, so for the main family, I'm gonna go with uh, and again, I don't know child actors of twenty twenty five, because so I have. I'm picking the child actors that I'm with because those are the ones that I'm aware of, So right, yeah, yeah. The main actress in that girl Lele Gabrielle Nevea. She'd be a perfect Tilly. I would think she's she's a good kid, she's a good sibling, but she kind of can harass her little brother a little bit.
Speaker 1: I just think she'd be perfect.
Speaker 2: And the Andrew Keagan character would be Elijah Cooper, who was kind of her little like a love interest or whatever.
Speaker 1: In that.
Speaker 2: They were great actors, great kids, and I'm like, yeah, it'll be perfect in this role. So I have passed them and the mom. The mom was tough for me too. I picked one of the Maori sisters, Mowery's sisters, Tia or Tamara. Either one would have been great, but I see them as teenagers. It's hard to imagine them as moms, even though they play moms all the time now. But I think they would be good as the Dee waller Stone emotional mother who's under a lot of stress.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, why not? I like that?
Speaker 2: And then for the boy. I struggled with the boy. Okay, the little kid from Young Sheldon Ian Armitage. I kept picturing him, although I don't know if that's quite right because he's so buttoned up in Young Sheldon. But he's a good actor, so I think the precociousness of.
Speaker 1: Character of Sammy absolutely and then they kind of looked similar you young boy with yeah, yeah, that's exactly what I was saying. I was like, oh, the kid from Young Sheldon because I could sort of like the haircut and the facial features around fatally, and then I, yeah, I didn't really recast like a lot of it because I was like, I want to get your opinion.
Speaker 2: That's that's all the recasting that I did. I couldn't think of.
Speaker 1: What about the skateboard? Who would you cast as well? Skateboard? It would be the voice of this the Zeno or whatever cast.
Speaker 2: I would cast Michael J. Fox's skateboard from the back of the Future movies as the talking skateboard and then perfect as Xano Xano Xana do Xeno.
Speaker 1: Zeno not Xenu scientologists. Uh what was the name of the crew? Okay, uh Zeno Zeno? He weird accent. I would cast what was it? Was it Voltaire?
Speaker 2: No? What was the name in big the the mechanical weird fortune teller dude?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know what? No? Yeah, what am I thinking of? Yeah? Voultron, No, that's Ultron Zultron, Ultron.
Speaker 2: Brain fog Zoltar, So Zoltar would be the zand guy and then Zeno Guy Zeno.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Is it just because it feels a little type casting. It's a stretch.
Speaker 2: It's a stretch, but it still has that like magical mystical quality where he can make things happen.
Speaker 1: So you'd replace the human man with a with an animatronic.
Speaker 2: Uh, this is my this is my.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like that. That's good. That's basically what's happening now in the business.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's how I would race It's my it's my movie twenty twenty five. I am going to recast these are the people or animatronics that I am.
Speaker 1: What's happening? Yes? Love it? There you go, I love it.
Speaker 2: It doesn't get better than that, people.
Speaker 1: It really doesn't. So let's wrap it up with this. Since this is a maxim enisode, which we knew it was episode. This is not this is not a minisode. This isn't well, it's a maximnisode, which means it's the same length usually as a Sharer episode. But we're not calling it that. Uh, but we will wrap it up. On a scale of one to ten. What would you the Levist movie? Yes, I'm biased, I don't care. I'm giving it at eleven. It's everything you want in a nineties movie, even the bad parts. It's everything you want and things you know you didn't even know you wanted. The stunt doubles that are twice the size of the actors and twice the age, that's what we didn't even bring them up. I've been talking an hour and we didn't talk about the shape shifting stunt doubles that went from children to adult sized and then back to Joel.
Speaker 2: And probably thirty five years old playing an eight year old playing a thirteen year old.
Speaker 1: Right, and you were like, is that a man? And then yeah, and then he'd like land it. You're like, oh, just like one little stunt or one scene.
Speaker 2: It's the whole freaking movie, the tournament. It's a lot, so it's very obvious.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, that is also where I give it.
Speaker 2: It's great because of just the ridiculousness of the stunt casting there.
Speaker 1: I mean, the kid hangs from the back of a police car. He flies to the shrine auditorium terrifyingly high. By the way, he's handling that super well, like if you were in a hot air balloon, you'd be freaking out, and he's just on a skateboard that's flying. It's very brave, very very brave, and also has great timing. It makes it to the tournament in time. But yeah, yeah, yeah, I am giving it a ten. I'm giving it a ten on because I was in it, your friend, your friend of a million years, because I well, I was gonna say, because I am also biased in that I love how much you love it, and and I also again loved seeing you as something other than Kimmy. It was fun. I always like seeing you when you are on you know, when you were on that girlele, it was like, so fun to see you as a different character. But yeah, I ten out of ten. You guys, go watch this on YouTube. I'm not going to be disappointed even if you you know, and I don't care if you want to watch it like on double speed. Fine, fine, that's okay. Skip you know what, skip through all of the credits, which I tried to do several times, and it just kept skipping to the next video and then I had to go back, and then it kept starting me over again. So I really watched the first like thirty seconds of this movie multiple times. That's what it made an impression on you. Yeah, Jason, but let me tell you, go watch it. Go go support ab in this movie and rate it on IMDb.
Speaker 2: I need more on IMDb.
Speaker 1: Bring the ratings up. Let's bring that to a four at least. Come at least let's round it to a four.
Speaker 2: Okay for sure, let's do.
Speaker 1: We can do it.
Speaker 2: Fan Ritos, come on, we.
Speaker 1: Can do it. We can do it. And in the meantime, while you are rating that movie, why don't you just you know, hop on over and like and subscribe and rate Howard Tan Rito Yeah, but yeah, we don't leave any comments about how our minisodes are never minisodes in their maxisods. And it's the same. We know, we know it's okay, we get it, we get it. But we love you guys, you really do. And this was such a fun episode to do.
Speaker 2: So I got a big kick out of it. I don't know if anyone else.
Speaker 1: Did, but I got a big kick out of it. Oh I know you did, to absolutely thrilled. So yeah, follow us on Instagram at how Rude Podcast you can send us an email, and how Tannerritos at gmail dot com. And uh yeah, you guys. Remember the world is small. The house is full of magic skateboards, so many many stardusters everywhere. Love star dust, Yeah, I love it. Long live star Duster. Oh you could, Yeah, you could fly to the moon with as many stardusters as there are, and I might try. Bye Bye