Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's talk a little stocks on the move today here in our studio. To help us do that, as Boomberg Use Equities reporter Natalia Kitty Jevich, you brought with us three goodies today. Let's start with Novo. Nordis kind of a nice day for them.
Speaker 4: Yes, it is a very nice day for the company. The tickets. Nvo shares are up by seven point three percent. At one point, shares jumped by ten percent, which was the biggest jump since August twenty twenty three. Of course, it came after the company said that it won an approval to sell a pill version of its drug in the US. The company will start selling it here starts in from January. And analysts were really excited about this news. They say it gives the company a really big, you know, tailwind, especially as competition kind of is going to be more severe for the.
Speaker 3: More lily knock knock, Right, what happened to Lily stock today? I think it was actually down a little bit, right.
Speaker 4: I actually did not check, and it is a very good question. We're going to check it right now. It was logically that the stock would move down, Yes, it was relatively flats zero point five percent.
Speaker 3: I would have expected a larger leg down.
Speaker 1: But okay, because they also have their own approval. It's just that Novo is the first matter of two year point. Yes, having a head start is definitely key, especially in competitive areas like this. What about service Now? This is a California based enterprise tech company.
Speaker 4: Yes, so the ticker for this one is now. Shares are down slightly by one point five percent today. So it came after the company reached the deal to buy a cyber security startup called Army. This is the deal which is valued at seven point seventy five billion dollars. Service Now said in a statement that it expects to fund this deal through combination of cash and debt and the deal is expected to close in the second half of twenty twenty six. So why it is important Armies. It's a cybersecurity company. It specializes on different threats across different industries from starting from medical, financial services, defense, So it is a good acquisition for them, and some concerns are around of course, every deal for the company, it means some kind of stress in terms of financials. But some analysts, including Avercore, are saying that free cash flow is so strong. For example, in twenty twenty five, it is expected to be at around five billion dollars, so it's not going to be a huge stress for the company.
Speaker 3: All right, And I love the stung she brought along because there's something for everybody here. This one's a big one today, Sable Offshore right in big time. I guess there was some movement on regulation for this company.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so oil and gas stocks have been so volatile it's really hard to find the clear direction for the whole sector. It's a stock by stock, company by company basis. Yes, as you said, it is a very big move. The stock is up by thirty six percent today and it came after the US regulator approved the company's pipeline restart plan. So they have a pipeline located in California. It's called Las Flores and it leaked about three thousand barrels of oil along Santa Barbara coastline about a decade ago. So it is an important and big, pretty big move for the company. And Alys started saying that it is a critical step and Sable will be able to sell oil as early as in twenty twenty six, which is a year ahead of what had been expected previously. And yes, it is a pretty big move. However, on a month basis, shares are still down by fifty four percent, so we will see how it plays out.
Speaker 3: Oh, they're still down even with today's exactly, Even with today's rally of thirty six percent. The stock is down fifty four percent year today exactly.
Speaker 4: But keep in mind that energy shares, especially across oil sector, have been very volatile because oil prices were under pressure the entire year, almost the entirely.
Speaker 1: But this is a big development. I love the chart in our Bloomberg story that really detailed the volatility of SABLE shares. To your point, they're still down this year even with a huge pop, but maybe this could change things true.
Speaker 4: Maybe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's quite the visual though. I mean for those of us, I know people hearing us cannot see this visual, but I mean you can just see the wild ride it's been for Sable Offshore. But it looks like shareholders got a little bit of an early Christmas present there, I guess with today's news Yeah, anything else that popped out to you. I know you just brought along three. I don't mean to put you on the spot and to tell you, but anything else pop out to you today.
Speaker 4: In terms of single stock movers, I wouldn't say so because it's a pretty quiet week. We are now focusing on twenty twenty six. We are looking for different IPOs. One story that we are working on is how the most recent IPO of a medline, this is the biggest IPEO this year.
Speaker 3: Do cover that exciting?
Speaker 4: Really saved the entire IPO performance. Really, when we look at a weighted average performance of all companies that went public in twenty twenty five, so overall this number was below the S and P five hundred. But now with this medline and we saw this big performance. The company is up by fifty percent since it's IPO in about a week. It really saved the entire market. It is a big story.
Speaker 1: It's so great stat Yeah, you cover everything from strategy to IPOs, to hedge fund positioning and to single thoughts. It's really been great to see you publish story after story this year.
Speaker 3: Thanks, and it's also going to be great to watch the IPO market next year because we've got a lot of a really robust pipeline, so it'll be.
Speaker 4: Pay sic right, Like I think that would be the biggest. It's gonna be.
Speaker 3: Hard to beat it.
Speaker 2: The Stockmovers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.