Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News, The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today, Alexis Kristoffers.
Speaker 3: And let's start with one of the airlines in the news today, Tom, that's American Airlines. The stock is up better than two and a quarter percent right now. Okay, it lowered its full year earnings target, saying it may end the year with a loss. It's all I know, But I think it's one of those Hey, look, it wasn't as bad as expected. And they also believe, as do a lot of the other airlines, that they're going to be able to pass along those higher jet fuel costs to us the consumer when we decide to travel this summer and for the you know, foreseeable future. But the carrier says it's going to absorb four billion dollars in additional fuel costs from the war in Iran. But again, you know, these prices, these airfares are just going up across the board at internet National airlines as well. So we heard from Southwest Airlines as well today it's updating its full year profit guidance were declined rather to update its full year profit guidance. American, though, has lost twenty five percent in value this year, more than twice as much as the Bloomberg World Airlines Index.
Speaker 2: Wow, know that.
Speaker 4: I didn't know American was so much smaller than Delta and United. That's what I learned recently.
Speaker 3: Right, you think like the three big ones are all like, you know, sort of the same. But also American and Alaska air they're looking to pursue a revenue sharing agreement or some sort of a strategic partnership. But Bloomberg is reporting the two were not talking about merging, So no merger between American and Alaska, but ways to sort of revenue share. Okay, let's talk a little makeup which I know you guys know all about. This is Loreale up nine percent, biggest one day jump since twenty ten. Didn't know that until I read the story on the terminal reporting it strongest quarterly sales in two years. You know where it's getting a boost to China? Really, they said the stock market there is doing well, and so people are you know, now they have high end and low when they have Mabeline land Comb and they have a whole bunch of different products skincare, not just make up, shampoo as well, so they can sort of, you know, whether the storm better than a lot of their competitors.
Speaker 4: I'll steal taught me something. You have to invest in your face. That's all she told me. Charlie Roy John look at me now, John Talker and I we we missed that message. So but anyway, that's what Alex Steel told us.
Speaker 2: We have to stop the show right now. Alexis kustaf is surveillance cosmetic expert. Here the kids, the girls are nuts about this.
Speaker 3: Nut's about the skincare. Like in the bathroom, was I thinking about, Oh, let me put on some night cream?
Speaker 2: Is not someday someday I'll steal my mom's lipstick. These kids, it's it'spora right.
Speaker 3: It's Sephora. Absolutely, it's all to beauty. It's all those places the girls go out and something.
Speaker 2: At CBS behind the lolack of counter.
Speaker 3: Now they're asking mom and dad to foot the bill.
Speaker 1: It really thank you.
Speaker 2: It's good to know about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, by the way, you mentioned lipstick. You know the lipstick effect where they say, you know, consumers turn to these small indulgences to make themselves feel better during uncertain times. Rial CEO said, that's what's happening as well.
Speaker 1: This Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.