Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Gatty arm Strong and Katty and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: Well some business news.
Speaker 3: Yesterday was Tim Cook's final product announcement as Apple CEO. Yeah, and his big reveal was an AI powered serie.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure it's such a great idea. Take a look at this, Hey.
Speaker 2: Siri, text Lisa.
Speaker 4: That's a great idea, Dan, Texting your girlfriend Lisa is not just a smart way to get in touch with her, it's also a brilliant way to reach her.
Speaker 2: If you want, I can draft a message for you now. Oh no, I don't need the whole AI spiel.
Speaker 1: Just please just.
Speaker 2: Text her totally. Hear you, Dan, you want to send a text to Lisa.
Speaker 4: It sounds like you're dialed in on the problem and you're ready to execute. I'm ready to dive in on the Lisa text whenever you're ready.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, just dive in.
Speaker 2: Sounds good. Say the word and I'll get to work. Text text Lisa.
Speaker 4: Text mexs Lisa is a Mexican restaurant in your area.
Speaker 2: Would you like directions too?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh, my god, just do it.
Speaker 4: Just send the text to Lisa, let me know, forget it.
Speaker 1: I don't need you undone.
Speaker 4: Texting Lisa, I don't need you.
Speaker 6: Siri.
Speaker 1: Yep, it worse. Oh what a great pun. Oh I like the tag Siri. Yep, we made it worse. That is true, though, that's the thing. I hate him out it. Just quit with the fawning this and that. Just give me the answer, or do what I ask you to do. Yeah, it's the summer saying the new series underwhelming and apple Stock dropped. I haven't tried it. I don't know. No, I don't know either. Don't tend to trust those things. Speaking of AI, at some point I had to pay off my medical breakthrough thanks to a chatbot. Not that you want to hear about my minor medical problems, but it really is interesting. And yes, doctors who are listening, I realize you can misdiagnose using chat pots, but I thought this was super interesting. The Wall Street Journal got together sixteen well known, respected economists to ask them how AI will change the job market and how humans ought to prepare and you know, the introduction? Do I even need the introduction? It's one of the most pressing questions facing the US economy today, Companies pouring unthinkable amounts some money, and data centers ruling out AI tools, rethinking what workers they need. Americans are anxious and excited about the developments. Blah blah blah. So they asked a bunch of questions to these folks, what AI. That's a poor start, the first damn word? I mean, is there any point in continuing? Let's go with will will AI lead to net job losses or job growth across the economy? Job losses or job growth? Eight response or obviously, no change was one of the options. No change set eight of them out of how many again sixteen sixteen? So half said no change. That seems like a cop out answer. Well, I think when you dig into the answers, it'll grow over here and shrink over there, but not a significant change. But I agree with you. I'm like, no change. What net loss to net growth is five to two? So the biggest thing that's ever happened happens and there's no change. If I had that hard to believe, yeah, yeah, But those who were willing to hazard a guess it was five to two loss over again. What does history suggest will happen to workers displaced by a I, and you had a nice variety of well they'll learn similar jobs, or there'll actually be more productive and blah blah blah, they'll switch. But I liked this one from Rebecca Henderson and who's a professor at Harvard Business School. I read the history of suggesting that if this is as much of a disruption as I expect, the workers end up getting very, very angry and changing the politics. Of course, I have no idea. I don't think we've ever really seen anything moving with this scale and speed before. It's going to be a wild ride. Yes, indeed, the scale end, the speed is it's one hundred times faster than the Industrial Revolution anyway, so nobody's really sure. It'll vary on who you are. Will AI meaningfully bolster labor productivity? Fifteen to zero? Yes, number sixteen apparently couldn't be bothered to answer because reasonable question. But man, when the super rich start talking about it, it will have more productivity. Okay, that's not really The question I'm answering for my kids is whether the country is going to be we're all ready to the number one economic engine in the world, will be more productive fantastic. How about will there be any jobs for anybody? That's the question? And how will the wealth be concentrated? Yeah, which is you know sometime we've talked about at fair length, is AI already impacting the labor market? And how about in five years? Really interesting answer is too long to get into fully, But like this fellow who's a University of Toronto School of Management professor, we are currently in the between times. We see the potential of AI, but our organizational systems haven't fully adjusted. Over the next five to ten years, at least one leading company in each market will likely figure out how to transition to a system solution that is much more productive. For example, instead of an insurer simply paying out after an accident to the extent that they do pastards, they may shift their value proposition from repair and replace to predict and prevent. The labor impact will shift from doing things faster to doing different things, requiring a significant reorganization of human roles. I think that's a good and a smart answer. A significant reorganization of human roles. Yyp yipes is right and in the blank of an eye. Yeah, Jason Furman, who you may know, he was on the White House Council of Economic Advisors, I think in the Obama years says we're currently seeing little or no impact of AI on the labor market. You can't say no impact. That's not true. But so far it's not much. Let's get to these These guys are all smarter and women. I assume there's women economists. They're all smarter than me. But to say no impact so far, so YadA, YadA, YadA. Come on, it is absolutely worth every time you quote a professor of any sort. It's worth mentioning the Ivory Tower filter. How they think they perceive the real world based on their studies and their surveys and their mathematicians skills. But they don't live with us. I was going to say at the beginning, but I want to take the fun out of this is economists are often wrong. And this is the most uh you have to guess sort of story I can ever remember in talking about the economy. The economy. This isn't oil or wheat or something where we have decades of an idea of this or that, we have no idea when or what none. So I mean they are really really guessing and then for some for purpose that we haven't seen much changer. Okay, well, you know, maybe that's true, but so so so what did you see any of those graduation speeches where anybody mentioned AI and everyone boo. Yeah, so it's had some effect on people, and not only as we've discussed. Are we going to have to deal with the dizzying pace of it? But nobody knows what it is? Yeah, exactly, we don't. You mentioned developments and agriculture or the use of internal combustion engines or stuff like that. You could extrapolate their adoption across an industry pretty easily. This is you don't even know what Frankenstein's monster looks like. Anyway, I like this though. What kind of workers are most well, I liked it and I hated it? What kind of workers are most likely to benefit from or be hurt by the spread of AI? And this one guy from the University of Michigan says, I think of AI as doing cognitive work. So this is a revolution coming squarely at white collar workers. I now know what blue collar workers felt like in the nineteen seventies. Wow, And several of them hit things you've heard before. Routine information processing rules like adjusting insurance claims, translating documents, writing standard ad copy face genuine displacement risk. Let's see a couple more. Will AI widen or narrow income inequality between highly educated and less educated workers? Widen one? Seven to five? Really no change? Were two but only seven to five? I think I am on the widen side. Well, if it's going to hit college graduates, white collar workers more and they don't have jobs, why aren't why aren't their salaries going to come back down closer to blue collar workers? Yeah, because that's going to be the only kind of workers there are except for the connected and involved in any and Yeah, I don't know a quick order from our friends that incognate. Speaking of things on the web and computers and the rest of it, your personal information is valuable, far more accessible than you might hope and realize. Every time you shop online, your data is collected package sold the data brokers. That's why you ought to use incognity. Yeah, they work in the background to wipe your personal data from people's search sites. Those people search sites. Wow, have you ever used one of those data brokers and hidden databases that you probably don't even know exist. They're removing your name and info our names and info from hundreds of databases, and they use the law because there's plenty of laws on their side, and they keep sending follow up requests so your data stays removed, protecting you from spam, scam, and real digital threats. Remember, they can't scame you if they can't find you. Take your personal data back within cogni I ncog and I is how it's spelled. Gets sixty percent off the regular price when you use the code armstrong at incognity dot com slash armstrong. It's sixty percent off when you use the code armstrong at incognit dot com slash armstrong. That's in cognity dot com slash armstrong. I love AI discussions like this, but I do know for a fact because I've read it, I've listened to the podcast. The smartest people in the world on AI are often one hundred and eighty degrees apart on this will doom the world, end humanity versus it is never actually even gonna happen, and everything in between. So that's quite a wide range. It will end humankind or it's never gonna get going with AGI, that'll never happen, and so at the risk of making you angry at me, all of you. One of the reasons I've brought this story to you is precisely what Jack just said. They get to you. Remember our white collar job discussion of roughly two and a half minutes ago. Here's the question, will AI adoptions significantly reduce or expand demand for white collar jobs? Reduce five? No change six expand three? No consensus, nothing even approaching a consensus, leaning slightly toward reduce. And they're guessing on their answers. Yeah, I mean everybody you say guess when you're an economist, but I mean really guessing. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. How should people repair I'm not repair, prepair? How should people prepare own stock in an AI company? Kidding, says the Michigan guy. Canned goods weapons? Yeah, yeah, I read absolutely no consensus on that. Either choose a field you have genuine passion for and get ready for change. So SpaceX is about to go IPO, and so is Chat and didn't Entropy announce it too, so open AIA. I was reading some of the stuff that Elon's planning to do with SpaceX, and I thought, God, I got to invest in that. You know, I know lots and lots and lots of people are thinking that. But man his his plan to like very very soon put these AI data centers in space that will be multiples more powerful than anything on earth. For all kinds of reasons. We can explain it. It just well, it's it is some forward thinking man boy, and I wish I'd signed on a SpaceX in the early days and not this dead end job. Everybody who works there is going to become super rich, and it's always been around for what a dozen years. I saw the picture the other day of him and like the ten people that started it in twenty twelve, that's how old that company is. Ten people in him standing in the hallway officially starting SpaceX today. We got to build some rockets and it might make him a trillionaire by next year. Talking to Steve Heilton at the bottom of this hour, we got a lot of other stuff coming up. To stay here. California election's got a lot of national attention. I suppose that will be true leading up to UH electing a new governor, whether it's Steve Hilton or Hoavier. But Sarah, but we have Steve Hilton on in about ten minutes or so. To stay here and there can't be enough derision port on California's ridiculous prone to fraud, and it's certainly the perception of fraud voting systems. So I mentioned this briefly with the following disclaimer blah blah blah. Consult your doctors that a zoo. It may be wrong. Who cares. I've got this physical problem right now. Whenever I undress, women can't stay away from me. No, you can tell us what it is or is Yeah, no, I will raid you precisely what I told Claude. I have what I would describe as a sore throat, but it's not a typical sore throat. The pain is tenderness right above my atoms apple. It's sensitive to pressure from the outside. My throat is not inflamed. I get this semi regularly, have for at least fifteen years, any ideas fifteen years, oh at least. And you've seen doctors about this. I have, and they have said, Wow, that's weird. Here's some antibiotics. And it probably comes up that you talk four hours for a living and stuff like that. It could I have mentioned that, but they look at my vocal cords and say, A little inflamed but not manchious biotic anyway, get out of here. Hit the breaks. They got a guy with a wet cough in the waiting room. We got to get him out of there. He's sickening everybody. But what you're describing, it answers is pretty distinctive and describes what I described points toward a few more specific possibilities. The most likely candidates are hyoid bone syndrome. The hyoid is a small horseshoe shaped bone sitting right above the larynx. It can develop procidis, or irritation of the surrounding tendons and ligaments, causing exactly the kind of external point tenderness you describe. It's often triggered by talking a lot, and worth knowing because of my hobbies. When I'm not talking, I'm singing, swallowing repeatedly, or next strain than thyro hyoid muscle ligament strain, And that's almost certainly it. And it says you really need to go to an E and T that specializes in a laryngologist rather than general eant who specializes in voice. They work with professional voice users routinely, so after all these years and it look I'm not a whiner. It hurts a lot, like it dominates my day. It's hard to focus on every throat yeah wow, but like externally, it's like I got punched in the throat, which you're frequently threatening for various offenses for fifteen years. Yeah, and I just after a while, I just thought, well, nobody can do anything about it, so I'll just take some tail and all and deal with it. It's really bad this time. So anyway, again, you know, utilize some caution, but if you can be very specific about your weird, mysterious medical issue, these things are amazing and that the claud is not under pressure to see twenty four patients, you know after lunchtime, and you know, has the limitations of human beings and the ability to do research. I mean it did all the research of the medical world has the capacity to do right in the space of two and a half seconds.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It didn't examine me. I understand that. I'm not a fool. But it nailed it. I'm sure it nailed it. Yeah, that's interesting. Specialists are a thing too. I learned that with my cancer thing back in the day. Specialists can you know, you see your doctor and that's a tough job, that general practitioner, because you just got the whole body and everything and all these different ages, different problems, different all this sort of stuff. Spousialists obviously specialize in one tiny, little specific thing. But first time I get to a specialist, he's like, you don't have that at all, and within five minutes told me, oh, oh sorry, I'm not supposed to. He probably was a life saving decision, that seeing that specialist. But yeah, they are good. Not easy to see though. That's the other thing that Claude doesn't have is a whole insurance Who's paying for this? So we're not gonna, you know, send you to the specialist because it costs too much money. Thing going right, So I'm probably gonna see somebody in nine months at the Mayo Clinic, which is many miles away. But it's it's better than nothing. Uh yeah, what was I gonna say? I had something else? It probably doesn't matter, so oh oh, now I remember what I was gonna say. You're absolutely right about general practitioners, and I admire them so much. This our job, and I appreciate the good ones. That's why I've always thought veterinarians are amazing. Yeah, no, because they've got all that in a bunch of different species that can't talk. He can't ask it what brings in here today? You can't send stuff the tail and give it the old how's your uncle? You can't say to a horse, what brings you in here today? Will my hoof is kind of soar? Steve Hilton? Is he going to be the next governor? The question is are Californians disgusted enough to try something different? They tried it with Arnold, will they try it with Steve? We're going to talk to him. Coming up next Armstrong and Geeddy.
Speaker 7: It's the same system that can't count votes, that can't build a train after ten years, and billions of dollars, that can't clear the homeless after twenty four billions of dollars spent, that can't get anything right.
Speaker 1: God, that message should resonate that Steve Hilton, who The California Post is very happy to see in the final two for governor of California. Their editorial board backing Steve Hilton, saying congratulations to the dynamic Steve Hilton for advancing to the general election in November. The Hilton Besarah matchup gives California voters the contest. They deserve a choice between change and the status quo. Now, Xavier Bsara is going to mention that his highest qualification was being the Secretary of the HHS under Biden, and he was so well respected. Joe Biden said.
Speaker 5: This, Javier Bakaria, that's how highly he ranked in Joe Biden's mind.
Speaker 1: The mainstream media usually introduces our guest as former Fox News host. I would prefer to announce him as aid to David Cameron, the Prime Minister of Great Britain, a businessman, a restaurant tour and a proud immigrant to the United States of America who happened to have a great show on Fox News for a little while. Steve Hilton, Steve, how are you feeling great?
Speaker 6: Good to be with you? Thank you.
Speaker 8: I like that intro.
Speaker 6: I'll take it. Thank you. Guys, you think he deal it? Use it?
Speaker 1: You think he can beat Javier Bakara, as Joe Biden called.
Speaker 8: Him, I think I can beat the guy that I mean. We don't really have the time to list all the insults that were leveled at him during his time there by his colleagues in the Biden administration. Well, you know, they thought that these are actual quotes. He's an quote idiot, He's a quote joke. It's like, oh, and on, this is the guy who was rejected by the Biden cabinet for being too incompetent.
Speaker 6: I mean, what does that tell you.
Speaker 8: I mean, you've got to work very hard to be considered useless by that crew, and yet here we are. This is the guy that the Democrat machine has finally glimbed onto to give us another four years of their disastrous rule that has given us the highest cost of living in the country, the highest unemployment rate, the highest poverty rate. Oh great, more of the same, please, we love it. Let's keep going in that direction. No, thank you. It's really amazing that the way that they assumed that now that we're in this, you know, we got clarity about the race.
Speaker 6: It's me versus Versarah.
Speaker 8: There's just this complete assumption that, well, that means he's the governor, because of course that that's what happens in California. I don't think they understand who they're dealing with here and what they're going to get from me and my campaign, not just in holding them accountable for their utter failure on every front. For the fact that Bassara himself is this, you know, perfectly amiable. I got to be honest, perfectly amiable, but completely unaccomplished, establishment non entity who's got literally nothing to offer California except more of the same, as well as a positive plan to change. They're really practical things that are going to help people your first hundred grand tax free, three dollar gaffs, cut your electric bills in half, a home you can afford to buy, cut your cost, help your business, fix our schools. Just common sense, practical things. We're crying out for that in California. And the last point I'll make, there's a majority for that in California. Fifty seven percent of Californians think that the state's going in the wrong direction and needs change. And that's why I'm confident we can win in November.
Speaker 1: Man calling him a perdu establishment non entity, that is very accurate. Yeah, back when people spoke more fancily, they would refer to him as a mediocrity. So Steve, enough softball. So I'm going to ask you the hard question. And we know California and California politics pretty well at this point. If you go up into the beautiful foothills and mountain areas. The more rural areas of California, you see Trump flags of flying when you go into the deep blue cities. That name is anathema, and the left is trying desperately to turn you into some sort of leading maga character. How are you going to deal with that challenge having received the president's endorsement.
Speaker 8: I'm proud to have the president's endorsement, and I think it's just really important to focus on what that means. As the President himself has been saying that when I'm elected governor, you're going to have someone who will work with the President and his team to bring practical benefits to California, whether that's lowering gas prices by opening up energy production in our state, which he wants to do, his team wants to do, I want to do, but Gavin Newson is fighting that it's one of the reasons we have the highest gas prices in the country because we're importing oil from halfway around the world instead of getting it from right here in California. Fraud in our healthcare system in California rampant billions of dollars of fraud. The Vice President and his broad task is trying to root that out so we can cut the spending and cut taxes.
Speaker 6: They don't want to do that.
Speaker 8: They're resisting that all of these examples where we can have forest management. Is another example where the President and his team Doug Bergham in Interior, and remember, I know it's.
Speaker 6: Not just the president. I've got good relationships.
Speaker 8: With half the cabinet, Brook Rollin's and Agriculture, and let's talk about forest management. They've got a very sensible plan and an executive order to manage our forest better. And what's gaven use of doing? Just blocking it? Every single thing that the administration is doing to try and help California in practical ways. You've got a governor right now that's doing the opposite, blocking it and fighting it and bragging about suing them, and they see that as the measure of success, how many lawsuits they can file against the Trump administration. I think people are going to really get tired of design. I think we just got to tell the truth about this stuff. And they because they they've got a record that is literally indefensible, right, they cannot defend the record, and they've got nothing new to say.
Speaker 6: Besarah was on CNN.
Speaker 8: The other week and asked that simple question. Yeah, that completely stumped Kamala Harris and when she was running for president, is anything you'd have done differently? And Bessarah had the same ridiculous adser oh, I can't think of anything. Oh, it can't be that bad in California because people come to Disneyland a lot.
Speaker 6: That's what he said.
Speaker 1: Wow, he is a jokay. You mentioned that you mentioned the democratic machine earlier, and it reminded me National Review headline after the LA mayor result came in, the machine wins. Yeah, is there anything to learn from you running statewide that as bad as things are in LA, they weren't bad enough for people to not think, you know what, we'll either stick with the current mayor or go with a communist. How do you break through the machine politics?
Speaker 8: We build our own and make it work better and specifically ballot harvesting. That's how they do this. They get their activist crew. This is what they've done for years. We've been documenting this through my campaign where we published these fraud reports and this is what you're seeing now. This is when it comes into play. So we've been showing for example, the very first fraud report we did earlier this year, the cannabis tax Prop.
Speaker 6: Sixty four.
Speaker 8: There was a tax on that they're supposed to fund substance abuse prevention when we legalize cannabis in California. We found three hundred and fifty million dollars of that site ANDed off into Democrat political activity, funding hundreds of nonprofits doing things like voter registration and ballot harvesting. Same from the fund that was supposed to put in low income apartments panels one hundred million dollars a year over ten years. That's the one billion dollars we found that seventy two million went to that nine hundred and twenty eight million. Most of it went to this Democrat political activity. To remember the fire aid money. That's where that money went from the La fives to these activist groups. Another example Churner the immigrant rights groups, the far left extremist group there that has an office in Mexico that is actually helping illegal immigrants come to the country. That is an organization eighty five percent funded by taxpayers in California. It was it was an integral part of the riots against ICE a year ago.
Speaker 6: What do they do?
Speaker 8: They take that money and use it for ballot harvesting, often paying in their own reporting, paying illegal immigrants to do the work with our money. This is the machine that's been built over years, and it comes into play at election time.
Speaker 6: We've got to build our own. That's why this.
Speaker 8: Campaign I'm running is going to be very, very different to anything you've seen before, because I'm very clear about what needs to be done, and we are not going to let them get away with it anymore because it's not We desperately need change in this state and we're not going to let this machine roll over us one more time.
Speaker 1: This year, we're talking to the next governor of cal Unicorna cal Unicornea god willing Steve Hilton. Hey, Steve, whether it's California or anywhere else, what is the government's role in the cost of housing? And since that it is got awful in California, what could a governor's administration do to help ease that brutal expense for people?
Speaker 8: Well, the simplest thing, Just as in so many areas of the high cost of living the highest in the country in California, the quickest way to get money into people's pockets is to stop taking so much out. So one of the most direct ways is to cap what they call impact fees. These are developer impact fees. Basically, there are attacks on housing.
Speaker 6: So when housing gets well, that developer pays these fees.
Speaker 8: There used to be just a few grand per unit. Now it's up to twenty percent of the cost of a new home is taxes paid by the house builder. Of course, then they're passed on to the house buyer, so we can put a cap on that. Secondly, the codes, the building codes are insanely complicated in California. They make it two or three times as expensive to build the exact same building in California as in neighboring states. That's under the direct control of the governor. We can simplify those codes and reduce the costs. That's before you even get into longer term changes like ending this insane density argument where all they ever want to let you build is you know, they put apartment buildings in suburban areas. We can open up land for development and build outwards, not upwards, so we can restore that dream of a single family home that you can afford to buy. So there are some longer term changes we can make, but in a short term, just stop taxing housing so much.
Speaker 1: Who do you think you need to win? Because like, we're on a lot of stations in California, all the big cities and a lot of smaller ones. But I'm guessing most of our listeners would tend to vote for you or whoever the Republican candidate was going to be. Anyway, how do you reach those Democrats who are sick of taxes or the dumb bullet trainer or drug addicts everywhere or whatever it is. How are you going to reach those people?
Speaker 8: Well, the first point actually is not to make the assumption you've just made. That's the truth is that most of the people who voted in the presidential year for President Trump in California would not vote in a midterm year. But if they did, if they did vote, then I would I just want to give you the numbers.
Speaker 6: If you look at a.
Speaker 8: Projection of how many votes will be cast in the general election this year in California, just based on the average of the last two midterm years twenty eighteen and twenty twenty two, you get a total of eleven point seven million. If you just do the simple math, when you need five point nine million votes, just over half of that. In twenty twenty four, the number of people who voted for President Trump in California six point one million. So if every single person who voted for President Trump votes for me, I'll be elected with hundreds.
Speaker 6: Of thousands of votes to spare.
Speaker 1: That's pretty interesting.
Speaker 8: Starts with it starts with making sure that you don't take it for granted and just turning out the Republican vote. That's the starting point. If we got one hundred percent of the presidential year turnout, then I would win without even thinking about converting new people. Now, you're not going to get one hundred per that's unrealistic.
Speaker 6: But the reason I.
Speaker 8: Mentioned that is that that's the starting point for a campaign. So everybody listening, if you vote, fantastic, thank you, that's great. But now your job is to get ten other people who you know, who you're your friends, who you know are Republicans and say, don't.
Speaker 6: Just sit this one out. Make sure you vote as well.
Speaker 8: If we all do it, then we can make it happen.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's that's a good point. And I would caution everybody against the well, you know, it's a democratic state, so why bother No, No, fight, fight, fight.
Speaker 6: Fight, one hundred percent. That's the attitude.
Speaker 8: That's why I'm putting so much energy in this into this campaign. I have already You're going to see even more now because we've just got to We can do this if we get up off our knees and fight for the state that we love and say no enough of this insanity. We can't let it go down any further. To make or break for California. I really believe that so many businesses in the last year have said to me, honestly, if you don't you know, we're going to wait and see what happens in November.
Speaker 6: If you make it, we're good. But if you don't make it, we're out of here.
Speaker 8: And the exodus that we've seen of businesses is going to turn into a stampede and the California is heading to serious problems if we don't turn this around. But the good news is we can. And actually all you need is a common sense governor that gets government out of the way and provide the basics.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 8: It makes you know, roads that work, schools that teach public safety, all these basic things instead of what they're doing now, which is totally failing on the basic responsibilities of government, instead endlessly bossing us around, micromanaging us, telling us how to live our lives, where our businesses, raise our kids. We'kind of car to drive, We're going to house to live and have to cook our food.
Speaker 6: Enough, we're done. Just leave us alone. Okay.
Speaker 8: We play the highest taxes in the country.
Speaker 6: We get the worst results.
Speaker 8: That is not a good deal, and we can change it this year if we all show up and.
Speaker 1: Vote, and the real battle has just begun. Steve Hilton is ready for it, clearly. Steve, good to talk to you, stay in touch.
Speaker 6: Of course, great to be with you. Thank you. Yep.
Speaker 1: I like his strategy. How can that message not resonate? Well, it's because of either knee jerk I vote Democrat, which is fine, and the entrenched interests who are getting those hundreds of well it's hundreds of millions, it's billions of dollars of government largess. They're going to vote to keep the money flowing. It's machine politics that it's oldest and most time honored. But we the people, You the people, everybody. You've got to stand up for your interests and get your friends to turn out. Ah boy, here we go. We have several months. One of the lines is going to be let's elect the first Hispanic governor since eighteen seventy five. So make it identity politics around Bassarah.
Speaker 5: How about a brit hobbyer, my carea first former.
Speaker 1: Britt ever elected governor of California. As far as I know, Uh, people are betting on the Taylor Swift Travis Kelcey wedding. There are all kinds of prop bets on that. If you want to get involved. Yeah, Trump and company are trying to regulate those those prediction markets could be tough, interesting, and a lot of other stuff on the way. Stay here.
Speaker 8: I don't think they understand who they're dealing with here and what they're going to get from me and my campaign, not just in holding them accountable for their utter failure on every front, for the fact that Besarah him self is this, you know, perfectly amiable. I got to be honest, perfectly amiable but completely unaccomplished establishment nonentity.
Speaker 3: Hetty Knicks fans are blaming Trump for the loss and the Brasstad for Trump because approval rating in San Antonio is now one hundred percent, so worked.
Speaker 1: Out for him there that game four tonight the NBA Finals. I expect fights. I don't understand. I don't see how there could not be a fight, maybe like after the tip off, because there's been so much chirping about the best player on the Spurs pushed the best player on the Knicks to the ground. It was the most egregious foul I've ever seen not called in an NBA game. Ever, there's lots of punching people or strangling them for various things that have happened over the decades in the NBA, but never won like this that didn't get called at all. And and all your ex NBA players are saying, you can't let that go. You can't let the other team try to hurt your star player and not fight back. So I think there's gonna be fights tonight. Did you see what former Knicks star Stefan Marbury said, Ah, he said, thirteen years in the NBA, nine seasons in the Chinese Basketball Association for Stephan Anyway, he said, Wemby's an international. They played dirty overseas, just so you know, we're not used to playing dirty in America the way Wemby just now through Jason Jalen Brunson. Now, if I'm watching film, I see Wemby throw somebody on my team the next game, I'm gonna pop him in his ribcage so hard with my elbow that he's going to fall and drop to the ground. He's going to wish he never put his hands on me. Next game. I guarantee you you better make sure you put that knife in his neck. Well, back in the day that would have been a bench clearing brawl after Wemby threw him to the ground like that. But it's a different league now and their fines are so high and everything like that. To Jalen Brunson's credit though, they lost, and he said, nah, I I am. I don't blame the refs. We could have done this. We should have done that, which was a really cool thing for the Star to say. That is great. Yeah, that's a manly thing to say. Having been thrown to the ground, and then the seven foot five inch when beyond a smiling at you like, how do you like that? That's hard to overlook. I'm not in favorite of any knives to anybody's neck, but yeah, oh, speaking of that, that troubling story out of Britain also next hour, the Southern Poverty Law Center gets to come up and see it is so richly deserved for so long in Congress yesterday. Oh, these highlights are great, don't miss them. Cool. Yeah, we got a lot of good stuff on the way, and the war in Iran is a hot topic today too. If you miss the segment of the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty