Speaker 1: Wow, it is Friday, which means it is time for another edition of Stardom Sit Them.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show, everybody. I'm Marcus Grant, joined by Michael Floya, who writes the Start Sit column. You can find it at NFL dot com slash start Sit. How are we feeling in Week sixteen? I know you say you take, you don't take as big as swings? Are we feeling good? Because, look, I'll say this as somebody who writes the Sleepers column, it was tough trying to pull ten names for sleepers. I don't know how it is for you write and start set.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: This week I felt like I took a little bit maybe bigger swings you could call it on the sits, because like I have, you'll see as we go through it, I have some bigger names. It was harder this week for me to find starts because I'm like, we've kind of reached the time of year where I feel like a lot, like you know, with certain players, Okay, I'm starting this player no matter what. But I'm like, I don't want to be telling people to start a bunch of fringe guys. So I kind of had to to make it work with a combination of each.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I definitely understand that at this point, because like people are not as willing to take risks at this point with the playoffs on. Yeah, right, exactly. This is not this is not the time to make weird moves when the simple one is right there in front of your face.
Speaker 4: So let's start at quarterbacks. Who you're starts and sits this week.
Speaker 3: I have jayde and Daniels as a start, and he's someone that I'm getting a lot of questions about. I'm sure you are as well, Marcus, because the last time he played Philly he struggled, but he was dealing with the rib injury then and he's been lights out for fantasy since then, so I think the upside is too high. You'd have to have a really good option to get away from him. Baker Mayfield, to me, feels like I must start this week because he has been playing really, really well QB one and I believe nine of his games so far this year. And then the Cowboys most passing yards allowed since Week eleven, just a favorable matchup there, and then I know Kyler Murray has disappointed. I'm willing to give him one more shot because of the matchup. We've seen teams could do whatever they want against his Panthers defense, So hopefully Kyler runs a bit more. That was something while watching his game last week. The announcer spoke a lot about, like people are asking Kyler, why aren't you running, and even Kyler was like, I don't really have a good answer for that. So hoping that he runs more. And then my CITs some big names here. I have Mahomes as a sit because he has taken a lot of hits eleven or more in the last three games, and the Texans generate pressure at the third highest rate, plus that ankle brock Perdy. I have as a sit less than four fantasy points in two of his last three games, Dolphins in the bottom three, and fantasy points allowed to quarterbacks one top ten QB against them all year it was Josh Allen. But at the same time, I have Tua as a sit because the Niners have allowed the fewest passing yards in the league, and as we've seen with Tua, he's very up or down. Feels a little too risky in this matchup for my liking. And then CJ Stroud like he hasn't been a QB one since Week four. He is purely a name at this point. But because of what he did last year and because of the name, people are like, can I go back to CJ. Stroud? And I would drop him before I would start.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gave up on the Stroud thing several weeks ago. It just at some point you just realized it just wasn't gonna happen this year.
Speaker 4: So we will.
Speaker 2: We'll pack it in and try again in twenty twenty five. I'll ask you a question that I got recently. Aaron Rodgers or Patrick Mahomes this week?
Speaker 3: It is crazy, but I would go Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's kind of where I went to, you know, against the Rams, which could weirdly end up being kind of an interesting game. You know, the Jets are giving up a lot of points, but they're moving the ball at the same time. I mean, this could be an interesting game between two veteran quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: So by with you, it's the most Jets thing possible for Aaron Rodgers to look like Aaron Rodgers again after the Jets everything is over for their season. All he's doing now is hurting their draft stock. But it's the most Jets.
Speaker 2: Thing in the world, the most jets thing in the world. Well, so we'll see how this goes. For sure, starts at running backs.
Speaker 3: Who do you like sometimes fantasy football is easy? And I know you love him Patrick Claybond loves him. I love James Conner. He's playing, He's awesome. He's playing. He gets a lot of work coming off of a huge game, and he gets the best possible matchup for a running back. I have Bucky Irving, who maybe doesn't bring you the ceiling to give you like twenty five plus fantasy points, but he feels good for like fifteen each week, and at this point in the season, that's what I want. Like, I want a safe RB that I could plug in. But I think because Gamescript could be on his side, he could bring RB one upside. Chewba Hubbard, I think is in a bounce back opportunity. Not only do the cards allow a lot of receiving yards to running backs, but top three and explosive runs allowed as well. And then if he plays and there's no reports that he's hampered or anything, I think you could play Tony Pollard. I know you like Tajy Spears as a sleeper. If something if we hear word that Pollard is limited or anything like that, then I agree. I think spears very much so becomes in play because it is a fantastic matchup against the Colts. And then my sis. A couple of big names here, I would say, but not a lot of production as of late. Isaiah Pacheco hasn't been the same since he's returned to the Texans are a tough defense. And then Naji Harris less than ten Fantasy points per game since Jalen Warren has returned and been healthy. And he gets the Ravens who have really lowis yards per carry and explosive run rate allowed to running backs in the league. So just a name at this point, Like, I don't want to go down with Naji Harris giving me like four points in my starting line.
Speaker 2: Right, go back to Bucky Irving because you like him as a start. I like him as a start this week. How do you feeling about Rashad White though.
Speaker 3: More of a flex play? I would say, like he's still going to be involved enough that he stays in that range, but he doesn't have the bursts like Bucky does. And they tend to like Bucky Moore and near the goal line, So that's why I prefer him. But yeah, like if you have White, like I think you could do a lot worse in your flick spotted in him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean just it's weird because we've wanted as many pieces of the Bucks offense as we could get this season, right, I mean between Baker and Shout White, Bucky Irving obviously, Mike Evans healthy, Chris Godwin, Kate Otten was a thing at some point. Jalen McMillan's starting to come to life now. So I don't know that we predicted that we would be as in on the Bucks offense as we've become, but it's been fun.
Speaker 4: I'm cool with it. Let's move over to wide receivers. Who's up, Who's down?
Speaker 3: I have Malik Neighbors as a start. Look at it hasn't mattered who's throwing him the ball. He just continues to produce. Had a huge week last week and the Falcons have really struggled as of late against wide receivers. They allow a bunch of touchdowns. And then we spoke about him a lot this week. But Jaysen not only is he getting the vikings with all out the most yards and fantasy points two wide receivers. He's seeing so much volume twelve targets last week was the first read on fifty percent of their plays. Really looks like he might be the new number one option in Seattle and then sits among Cooper. I just don't want to trust him. Fourteen targets two weeks ago, zero last week fourth most snaps amongst wide receivers. And it's meaningful because that was the first game that Keon Coleman and Don Kinkaid returned. So I can't really trust his volume there, d hop because he's been very up or down, single digit fantasy points in half his game as a chief, only once has reached fifteen. So to me, I think the floor is too low and the ceiling isn't high enough to start him with a banged up quarterback. Tank Dell like purely a name at this point. He's averaging less than seven fantasy points per game when Nico Collins plays and Michael Pittman Junior. Once all year in a full game with Anthony Richardson has he scored double digit fantasy points. So with your fantasy season on the line, a trip to the championship, I'm not going with names here, I'm going with guys who can actually be productive.
Speaker 2: You mentioned you don't like Tank Dell. I mentioned earlier in the week that I'm worried about Joe Mixon.
Speaker 4: CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud obviously on your sit list. Can we still rock with Nico Collins this week against KC.
Speaker 3: I don't think you have a choice. Like the even last week when he had seventeen yards, he had two touchdowns. So the volume, the explosiveness he brings, like we say it all the time, it could be one of those situations where like CJ. Stroud throws for two hundred and a touchdown, but one hundred of those in the touchdown could go to Nico Collins. So yeah, I think you have to start Nico.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's hard to get away from him, and we'll talk about it in the future. But I'm very curious as to where he's gonna go in early drafts next season. I suspect he's going to be a first round pick. It's just a question of how high up in the first round. I agree with Collins for sure. Finally, tight ends, who are your starts and sets?
Speaker 3: I have Trey McBride as they start, and I know some people might be like, that's an easy one, but like, I think this is the week he scores a touchdown, So I just really wanted to give that some love in the article John new Smith, because look, I know the forty nine ers on paper are the hardest matchup for tight ends. I don't care. The Texans were a really tough matchup. He finished as the titan one against them. Our boy Lakwan already bought the blonde hair dye. That's how well John new has been playing David and Joku. If he plays, I think you could play him because it's the best possible matchup for a tight end. I think even with dtr they're probably gonna be chasing points against the Bengals, so that could mean volume for David and Joku. And then Pat Freyermuth has been better as of late, still looks like George Pickens is very much so up in the air. This week could mean extra volume for him in against the Ravens team that has been better as of late against tight ends, but on the year still has really struggled. And then the sis. Look Travis Kelce I spoke about this on pods previously this week, but he has averaged nine fantasy points per game in the last five games. Doesn't have a touchdown because they're all going to Noah Gray. The short design stuff is going to Xavier Worthy. His quarterback is banged up. Texans have been really tough against tight ends. Lots of reasons. Not he must sit, But if you have another option you like, I would take it. Kate out and fun run in the middle of the season, but it's over. With Mike Evans and Jaylee McMillan now breaking out, there's just not a volume or production to trust him. Same thing with Jake Ferguson. Look, I was really excited for him. With Dak Prescott, it's just simply not happening. With Cooper Rush and then Grant Calcata caught a touchdown two weeks ago, didn't do much last week. The Commanders have been tough on tight ends. There's just options, streaming options.
Speaker 4: I like more than him this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to ask you about because I've been on the Briton strange train this week. I had the twelve targets last week. Is that a crazy deep play? Is it chasing the points after last week was strange?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. Like twelve targets. To me, he's like the new Evan Ingram there. I wouldn't bank on touchdowns, but he could get a lot of volume, especially from someone like Mac Jones who's not going to air the ball out deep a whole bunch or anything like that. Would you play Strange over else this week?
Speaker 4: Actually? I think I might. I actually might playin.
Speaker 3: I've gone back and forth all week on this. I was like, am I bold enough to say it? But deep down I kind of feel it.
Speaker 2: I would think doing it is even bolder than saying it, because it's one thing for us to sit here and actually just say it and talk about it. It's another thing for you to actually put Britain Strange in the lineup. And I really might consider that. I just think I think Kansas City Houston's gonna be kind of a low scoring game. You know, I don't have many points you get in Jags Raiders, But I think Britain Strange might be more involved overall than Travis Kelsey.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Maybe maybe recently Bias.
Speaker 3: Struggled against tight ends. That's the thing, Like I want to say it, but I know that when I'm looking if I had this situation looking at that lineup, it would be hard for me to actually hit it. But I think that's the way I'm leaning as of right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think. I don't think that's completely crazy. You know, we could come back on Monday and be like that was a stupid idea, but for now, you know, there's some logic behind it for sure.
Speaker 4: So there you go. If you want some.
Speaker 2: More logic, can go check out the entirety of the Stardom Citdem column at NFL dot com. Slash start sit a more in depth analysis of some of the names we talked about on this show, so you can kind of get some more information there if you like it. The meantime, good spot for us to set this down for the week. That'll do it for this edition of the Stardom Centum Show. Appreciate you hanging out with us. Hopefully Week sixteen is a prosperous one for you you find your way through to Fantasy Championship Week. At the meantime, we appreciate.
Speaker 4: You chilling with us as always. That'll do it.
Speaker 2: We'll see you again next week. Take care, everybody
Speaker 1: Woke as alts baske as a hold