Speaker 1: Continue your rant.
Speaker 2: I don't have time. I just I'm like, I might be a child, dude, because today I have a physical therapy appointment.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you what time my physical therapy appointment is. I don't know. I just know that when I went to physical therapy last week, we scheduled me for Thursday or Wednesday and Thursday of this week, and I believe my Thursday is five pm Wednesday. I have no idea. I'm like a child, not a child.
Speaker 1: That's you and me are both on the same boat with this. If you don't know your weekly schedule, you're too busy. You need to slow down. So me, what do I know? I mean, besides the Bobby all you people that say we don't you guys don't have a straggle Bobby Bone Show puts some dumb schedule in our calendar. Yes, and at a principle, I refuse to have my own then sub calendar, so I have to look through two calendars. But we have a Bobby Bone Show calendar that is just inserted in my phone without my permission. So I will say this, I know my week. I know that Baser is celebrating eight years cancer free. What tomorrow. Oh hey, what's the sarcastic clap?
Speaker 2: But sure that is not a sarcastic clap.
Speaker 1: That is, it's like a slow clap dumbness story.
Speaker 2: I'm saying we needed that, We needed some cheer because there's not enough people in here to cheer for her. Soord Loser's Nation will cheer for her when they hear this, But we only have two people and so our claps would sound really dumb. That's amazing.
Speaker 1: So there's that. Then there's also it was kind of thinking about flying justin in for that. Wow, only two hundred and fifty bucks, that's pretty good. But also now with Baser in her new position, she works right up until four pm on Fridays, So would it really be worth it?
Speaker 2: What new position? You guys doing?
Speaker 1: Same job?
Speaker 2: Oh you're talking jobs, same.
Speaker 1: Job, different pay, but bro, she starts at six am and goes till four on the dot. Used to be able to sneak out at about I don't know, one p thirty. Oh yeah, not a minute before I'm like, oh my gosh, this is reminding me of school. I mean, not until the bell? Can she get up from that computer? She doesn't take break the lunch breaks.
Speaker 2: So she works ten hours a day.
Speaker 1: It's a lot.
Speaker 2: That's too much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then she brings it on me a little bit. I'm sorry, I can't. I can't, Okay, okay, what about dinner? Yeah I can at four oh one okay, okay, four a one dinner. And then when she goes to dinner, she doesn't eatn all day because she doesn't take a lunch break.
Speaker 2: Wow, So the count for your health.
Speaker 1: So there's that march madness. This is from the Dome guys. And then was there that baser Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, the Dods are Then we're gonna do something with the Dodds. End of April, there was gonna be another Buddy's birthday tomorrow night, but he canceled because not enough people can go. Oh buddy Grayson, he was he was going through We went to Gatlinburg a couple years ago. He's going through sobriety, and we kept making jokes like, uh, all right, we're on forty We're about to take a rite for Grayson onto New Beginning's Drive.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: We kept joking like we're taking out the rehab and he didn't like it. He was dying laughing. I thought it was hilarious, but.
Speaker 2: Then he canceled his birthday party.
Speaker 1: But then he canceled it not enough people. I believe he's back on the bottle. Oh, but so we're gonna do that a different time. My point being, I remember my schedule. If you're too busy, you're not gonna remember it. I know. Now, Okay, that's a good amount of stuff I have in my life.
Speaker 2: Now I usually I am. This is where I'm disappointing myself. Hey, I missed the UH bracket reveal on Sunday, and now I don't remember what time and appointment is. I remember everything, I write everything down. Here's the problem is. I made my five o'clock for Thursday, and my wife now in four me that she has a PTO or PTA meeting at five o'clock on Thursday. So my obsession became, oh my gosh, I got to cancel my Thursday at five o'clock. And I woke up this morning and I realized, oh wait, I have an appointment Wednesday. But I've been thinking about the five o'clock so much that I don't remember. It's probably it's either three o'clock, is what my guess. Is is that I'm I have an appointment at three is usually when it is, but I can't tell you one certain and that's that's disappointing because I remember everything, but I need to start. Like because we have baseball now, so we have three different kids on three different baseball teams, so we have practice. The oldest kid has practice on Tuesdays at four pm, noted, which makes no sense because most adults that have normal jobs are not all to take their kid to practice at four pm on a Tuesday.
Speaker 1: What about Happy Hour in Atlanta from three to five? Is that a good timeframe?
Speaker 2: Probably not inside joke because no one would show up, and no one will be there because they're still at work, So you're just going to be in there with the bartenders and the hot and I mean hot bartenders in their assless chaps. I heard that, Oh my god, they knew whoever hires for PBR in Atlanta. Bravo, Bravo. They have a type and they nail it.
Speaker 1: Word travels fast.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the criteria is when they hire people, but they do a great job. And I don't know where they recruit from if they look on Instagram, but there wasn't a bad looking chick in that place?
Speaker 1: What about dudes?
Speaker 2: Were there any dudes working? I don't think there was a single dude bartender.
Speaker 1: I usually don't remember them. Can I please payback off the assless chaps?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Butmini, I was rushing because it was when they were hustling me out. Can't watch Lee Brice give your wife a Casadia? Give Morgan to Casadia. Oh right, she's vegan. You only, I'll steal you a water. I'll get you some scraps when I'm leaving. In that whole rush and that commotion, the girls turned changed into assless chaps. Do you not remember that?
Speaker 2: I didn't see any girls in o assless chaps?
Speaker 1: The dancers from the boat went onto the island and during the Lee Bryce thing, they danced. I guess because I yes, because you were announcing cornhole. You're over there with the megaphone.
Speaker 3: This just a final game, all right, dude, loud enough, Try and not talk directly into it.
Speaker 1: Write in somebody's ear. Appreciate it, guys, this is the final game. I go up there, hustle baser Casadia. Hey, let's get you going where you're going? Oh, we're going to a golf cart. Whoa assless chaps they were gonna Apparently they went and shook it during Lee Bryce.
Speaker 2: Man, I didn't and see them. I guess I was just in the people with the pool after not getting to announce Lee Bryce. I was just in the pool with the people and I just saw Lee Bryce, and then I was talking to people and I didn't even notice the assless chaps girls.
Speaker 1: I almost didn't either.
Speaker 3: It was like bayzer Casey, Oh crowd, Oh drunk guy, Oh alligator, Oh there's a bull sitting there in the middle of the pool.
Speaker 1: Assless chaps, Lee Bryce, assless shaps. Okay, gotta go. I mean it was one of those. Man, it all happened so fast. It was a thousand people shoving into that pool.
Speaker 2: Uh. That was very interesting because I I have to say, the people at PBR. Then the girls in the assless chaps would get on the mechanical bowl. Dude, I've never seen people do such amazing tricks on that bowl. They sit there and practice all day, but they were doing flips and rolls and hanging upside down off the bowl.
Speaker 1: We have a PBR here, we do right next to Category two. Really, maybe for the convention. I'm tuwood truckers not love that. I'm bringing that to the meeting on Friday.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I did not know that. Yeah, we have a meeting on Friday. Guys, I told you tickets would be on sale July first, and we are now in the end of March and nothing has nothing has changed. We have not discussed at one time, we have not done anything in the planning committee but July first. Because I never go back on my word. But yeah, if you're ever in Atlanta and you want to see some very nice sites, if you want to see what Atlanta has to offer. Pbr in the battery, Bravo, Bravo, Bravo.
Speaker 1: Boomer's flying out of there in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: I'll tell yeah, I'll tell him going the night before, tell me me and Papa, your flight might get moved up early.
Speaker 2: What's he going to Atlanta for?
Speaker 1: They're bouncing around. He's going to be in gatlin with my parents for a week, and then he's coming to Nashville for three days and then I'm dropping school spring break.
Speaker 2: But if he's in Gatlinburg for a week and then here for three days, that is not spring break.
Speaker 1: Well, month right, He's there from Friday until Friday, and then he comes to Nashville until Monday, maybe misses one day. Okay, and I'm dropping him off at the airport. But I told him I got to be to work at midnight, So I'm taking him to the airport at twelve thirty am. No you're not, yeah I am.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna bring him to work. But then I'll drop him off at five or before the show?
Speaker 2: What what times his flight probably?
Speaker 1: Now, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Kids, you can sit here, that'll go over well, Uh, he can be on the pod.
Speaker 1: I gotta see when his flight is. Yeah, but rand we start, that's a precedent. We start randomly bringing kids and cousins and nephews.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's he's like eighteen, he's like a grown up.
Speaker 1: Right. But remember when Amy brought her niece and she just like kind of sat in the corner, didn't really know where to put her hand.
Speaker 2: Don't really understand that what feeling yourself is bringing an intern to what?
Speaker 1: But but you like camp boss her, It's like it's not a real internship. Okay, go get me a paper.
Speaker 2: What No, I'm not gonna get you a paper. I'm here just so I get college credit, and what your aunt, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna just sit here and only do stuff for amy.
Speaker 2: Wait, so you're in college and you decided to spend your summer with your aunt who's divorced and has two kids. What what kind of college life is that?
Speaker 1: But what did she learn? City in the producer studio for a week?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 1: Because we weren't training her because she's not a new employee, so they instructed us not to tell her anything. It's like, I'm not going to teach her the board in five days.
Speaker 2: Sounds weird. So when when she went back to class, right, she goes back to her college professor and she's like, so, what did you What was yours? Oh? I went and interned at a radio station. Wow, what did you do?
Speaker 1: Sat on a stool for five days?
Speaker 2: Wait? So you went there in the whole summer. All you do is sit on the stool for one week? All right, that's good college credit.
Speaker 1: Sometimes my aunt would come and throw her phone at me and tell me to talk to somebody. But then other than that, I really didn't do much. There was a guy in front of me, I think his name was Sison He didn't even turn around and talk to me because he was so busy.
Speaker 3: But I sat a foot from him. So for five straight days, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Even talk to him, but he was just sitting right there because he talks to other people and has headphones on. But I learned a lot.
Speaker 2: It was really worth my summer, the summer dream, my junior and senior year. I'm really glad I took advantage of the college lifestyle. Very strange. The world is strange. But yeah, So I did call the physical therapy place on the way to work and let the voicemail said, Hey, man, I'm forty four and I don't know what time my appointment is today. If you could give me a call back. You know what they don't want to do is they don't want to babysit you and call you and tell you what time your damn appointment is.
Speaker 1: Way to bring it back around.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's that's embarrassing.
Speaker 1: And I have a follow up. Yeah, when a dentist or my wife's got me going to the dermatologist. Now, anyway, I went, whenever you want to blow two hundred dollars, just go to the dermatologists. Actually, I think they covered it. Thank you, iHeart. But the dentist thing when they.
Speaker 3: Say, okay, let's go ahead and schedule your next appointment six months out, whoa, whoa, I don't keep a calendar.
Speaker 1: I love that you guys are trying to do that. I'll call you. I without keeping a calendar, it is nearly impossible for me to know about an appointment in August. So I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I get you deal with Garth Brooks and other people like that who have crazy calendars. I don't keep a calendar, so thank you, well.
Speaker 2: Props on you, because in six months I would never call them.
Speaker 1: No when they when I tell that, I'm like, I literally don't keep a calendar, so please don't schedule it. They look at me like I'm like homeless.
Speaker 2: You know what I like about them is they write it on a little card, right, But.
Speaker 1: That's pointless because I don't keep account on I just stick in my wallet and then aaron once a while, just like, oh there's a card.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I got an appointment coming up in a month, sort of like my dermatologist. When I went, was it a week and a half ago? A week ago? I made my.
Speaker 1: Appointment for next year props.
Speaker 2: It is on Monday. Let me tell you the date. I will tell you the date. Let me look at the calendar. I I don't have it written in here. I'll just I know it's in. It's a Monday. So I just got to look at which Monday. It is, Monday, March fifteenth.
Speaker 1: I'm most likely to have skin cancer. Then I'll be back.
Speaker 2: No, Monday March fifteenth.
Speaker 1: It's probably the cruise. Good job.
Speaker 2: No, the cruise is the first week of March.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that makes sense why I tested, because maybe the cruise is sitting after being a lobster on Bemini. This is when I'm most likely to have skin cancer. I'll come see.
Speaker 2: I knew they tried to schedule me that Monday of the cruise, and I said, oh sorry, I'll be on a cruise. And that's just from memory. Yes, I said, so I need to move it a week. But that's pretty good. And so I know it's Monday, March fifteenth, two thirty. See you there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the thing with Dodd, they scheduled in April twentieth. Us all hang out. I'm like, I'll do it for you, Dodd, But I don't keep a calendar. So for me to remember something a month ahead, I really have to program it in there. You know, I'm good in a week, same day, easy baser tells me something that weekend. Simple, But to program something a month out without having a calendar is tricky. But I'll do it for the Dodds. I love them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, we made an appointment to go to see who are we going to see Shane Gillis. He's gonna be at the Bridge Stone. It's coming up. Yeah, April sixteenth.
Speaker 1: Maybe hey, he's funny.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's seventeenth. I don't know, but I'm going. Another couple in the neighborhood they were talking about it and we're like, oh, we should all go together. So we put that in writing a couple months ago and we bought the tickets. So I know I'm going to that. But guess what is it in my calendar? No, it's in my head right. So today I let myself down. I let myself down, But you know it's not gonna be a letdown this freaking pod. Let's get it started. Whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 1: Then that was our time to shine because Pat McAfee's been dipping.
Speaker 2: Bro Oh no, I saw Pat McAfee. You know where he was WCW the World Baseball Classic.
Speaker 1: He was at the game.
Speaker 2: He was at the game and a tank.
Speaker 1: Yeah they've been apparently, so I was always wondering what their soft underbelly, their weakness if you will. It's baseball. So he's not great at talking baseball. He sounds so funny. And then what's the other thing, basketball? Yeah, March madness. He was talking to Dicky coach k wasn't great talking basketball. So they are just a powerhouse football show. But this is where we come in, more sports, less lifestyle, less sex. Whoa I hope not that this is where we overtake him.
Speaker 2: Did you see who Pat McAfee was sitting next to at the World Baseball Classic?
Speaker 1: No, dude, I would have only watched that game if I bet it, and I don't bet.
Speaker 3: Uh. Ernest okay, so that I thought that might have been a flashback. I saw it on Instagram. So yeah, he went and saw Jelly Roll get inducted. He comes to flies his private jet every once a week to go to the Opry.
Speaker 1: Who does, Ernest, No, Pat McFie, he went and saw Jelly Roll get inducted. Landy Wilson, saying that night Ernest was there. He wrote a song with Ernest. Oh he went and saw Ernest play, and then he's like good friends with Ernest.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw that and I was like, man, I know that guy.
Speaker 2: And then it hit me. I was like, that's Ernest. Really. I just had to google it. At first I thought it was Hardy. I didn't know which one was which, and then I realized, no, that's not Hardy, that's another one, and then I got it right, it's Ernest.
Speaker 1: All right, let's start the show.
Speaker 2: Ernest goes to the World Baseball Classic coming out.
Speaker 1: Soon old reference. None of the nat are gonna get there, right, We're gonna do it live? Oh the one, two three.
Speaker 2: So loser? What up, everybody? I am lunchbox. I know the most about sports, so I'll give you the sports facts, my sports opinions, because I'm pretty much a sports genius, y'all.
Speaker 1: It is statistical sison for Jennifer Brownlee. She wants some stats, I'll give it to you. That's foreshadowing for later. What up, y'all? It says it. I'm from the north of an alpha male. I live on the north side of Nashville. With baser, my wife, two point three through three acres, two kids at Vanderbilt. They're defrosting Justin and Michigan maybe via flying to Nashville via don't know, that's kind of I haven't even told him about it.
Speaker 2: Oh that's pretty good. Make plans without him knowing.
Speaker 1: I heard the pod. So when's my flight?
Speaker 2: He would have to be at the airport. If he's gonna get on the airplane, he needs to know about it in advance.
Speaker 1: All rd, he tell you he's going to turn me down because he's mad at us.
Speaker 2: He's mad at us.
Speaker 1: He has to be why our text to him, No, dude, we have been bashing his March madness idea.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I never bashed the idea. I bashed the idea of him wanting to put it on Facebook, have people email me, and then me connect them with Justin. There's no need for a middleman. All he has to do is create a bracket on ESPN or Yahoo or wherever he wants, come up with the scoring system, post it and say hey it's fifty, it's one hundred dollars, it's ten thousand dollars to get in whatever he wants and whoever wants to get in says okay, and he puts his venmo on there and they venmo in money. Then he sends them the password to get in. It's that easy. There's nothing dumb about it. It's just the way he was going about it was dumb. I wasn't going to be a middleman and check my email every day to see how many people want to get into the freaking bracket. That was it.
Speaker 1: The business model was flawed, correct, because you were an unpaid middleman.
Speaker 2: That was unnecessary, right, And I don't have time to be the middleman right now, I am doing my research. It is March Madness. I mean, we are about twenty four hours away, twenty four hours away from the greatest couple of days in sports that happens every single year, and I can't freaking wait for me.
Speaker 1: It's always excitement, celebration and sadness. The excitement March madness, the celebration, baser another year cancer free. The sadness when Pablo left this earth. Oh we'll take a break right well, yeah, we'll.
Speaker 2: Do a moment of silence right now. Theud Let me tell you got into that World Baseball Classic And I'm like, Oh my gosh, we beat the Dominican Republic.
Speaker 1: We are going too weird.
Speaker 2: We are so unstoppable.
Speaker 1: Where the hockey jersey's in?
Speaker 2: Where are the hockey jerseys in? Way to taint the hockey jerseys like those? Those were game war in hockey jerseys. They were I think, I don't know, I may have made that up. You can't wear those in and lose to Venezuela. And I'm sorry, the star power of America. What a bunch of chumps. Good god, I'm all excited, ready to celebrate. And they couldn't hit at Wardo Rodriguez, who hadn't been good in about fifteen freaking years. It was so bad. They were a little dribbler, little dribbler, And I gotta give it up Venezuela. They obviously were pitching great. They obviously pitching great. Then Bryce Harper comes up and my cousin Andrew, he had texted me because he's about to have a baby, and he goes, we're watching the game, and my wife thinks this game is going to send her into labor. She's so intense. And I said, excuse me, and he said, yeah, she's feeling stomach tightness. Some cramping feels like probably a false alarm and pretty sporadic. Currently no patterns, but it's not nothing. And I said, maybe this baby can inspire some hits. Then the USA went three up, three down, and he was like, not so much. And then Bryce Harper hits the home run and it's like, oh, he's pointing to the American flag.
Speaker 1: Whoa USA?
Speaker 2: USA? And the kids are asleep, but I did a big old yes, and my wife jumped out of the couch. She was scared to death. And then the top of the ninth they walk the guy, even though I don't know. It may have been a strike. May then he may have been thrown out still on second. And then who either strikes out or hits a home run somehow doubles like what are we doing? He makes contact? That never makes contact. Then we lose the game three to two.
Speaker 1: As the rank Yankees.
Speaker 2: Guy, No, that's a Eugeno Suarez. He was on the Mariners at the end of last season.
Speaker 1: Tigers.
Speaker 2: Now I don't know where he's playing.
Speaker 1: Well, you gotta keep up with NFL too, You got guys switching teams.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, NFL. I'll figure that out when fantasy draft comes up.
Speaker 1: Freaking Broncos got wattle.
Speaker 2: They got wattle. They paid a lot for him.
Speaker 1: Boomer is stoked.
Speaker 2: Is he a Bronco fan?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And bo Nicks he'll be back right. That was just a little foot fetish he had.
Speaker 2: Or yeah, he had a foot fetish that kept him out. I mean he's good to go. I think he's back playing now.
Speaker 1: And Titans making moves.
Speaker 2: Titans made moves.
Speaker 1: Well, they're also gonna get you know, they're gonna get Jeremiah Love.
Speaker 2: No, they're not.
Speaker 1: Yeah they are you think so? Yeah, So they're gonna they're gonna have a great quarterback in new color blue. But they already got Pollard and Jeremiah Love cool two headed monster.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah. But I mean I don't want to talk football right now. I want to talk World Baseball Classic. It was so fun to watch, though.
Speaker 1: I didn't watch it, man, I went to bed, and.
Speaker 2: Then when they lose, I was just like, well, this sucks, like no one cares.
Speaker 1: Did you have any skin on it?
Speaker 2: No? I had USA pride.
Speaker 1: Well that's why I'm glad and not glad that I don't bet anymore. I would have definitely bet Venezuela. I looked at it this morning.
Speaker 2: Why would you bet Venezuela against the USA? Why would you cheer? It's in America so cold. They lost to Italy.
Speaker 3: Their dumbass manager like, at one point, so, oh, yeah, we're good, we should be good in this pool.
Speaker 1: Well then they found out that they had to win by a certain run total and they almost didn't even make it. I mean, it's been a disaster.
Speaker 3: Bro I would have put whole pile of chips on Venezuela plus two twenty.
Speaker 2: He literally said, hey, man, I'm gonna play some other players since we already advanced. Actually, you lost to Italy, so you hadn't advanced. You needed in Mexico to beat Italy or Italy. I mean, it was a random ass thing.
Speaker 1: But didn't he say they're.
Speaker 3: Out drinking too, because all the guys are having a good time drinking beers with the boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it's tough when you don't really know the rules of the tournament.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: But I will say I love the one game playoff, Like it's sort of like March Madness. It's one game. If you played a series, would the USA probably beat Venezuela. I don't even know if I say that right, Venezuela, that's a tough word, and yes, but the one game playoff is a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Well, a lot of fun Venezuela, South America, I think so. Secondarily, the World Baseball Classic, are they using abs? What is that the pitch thing where they say if it's a striker ball? Well, they have umpires right, but they're not challenging it. No, because during Major League Baseball they're gonna be able to challenge.
Speaker 2: This year, it's gonna get really annoying road fast me.
Speaker 1: And if they get it right, they keep their.
Speaker 2: Challenging, it's gonna get really annoying, really fast.
Speaker 1: Oh me and Justin already called it. It's gonna be a disaster.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're gonn to challenge like seven hundred pitches.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be so annoying.
Speaker 2: Like I understand, Like I get that these hitters are very like they are really good at telling the strike zone. They can really tell by a millimeter when it's off most of the time. But do I need them raising their hand every at bat challenging balls and strikes.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: It sucks that umpires miss calls, but that is the nature of the game. All these replays are getting so they take so long. It just makes the game so annoying in basketball.
Speaker 1: And basketball are we even getting a good view of it? Whose finger at him before it went out of balance? Well Brazil? Here you can see his hand goes over top and then it does graze the other player's hands. But did Brazil have the final fingertip? Guys, the cameras are like two d Can we at least get him into four game?
Speaker 2: It is like we are going into millimeters. Like if you see his and push, okay, just call it off him? You know what I mean. I understand the nick of his finger, but you can't. I don't know. It drives me nuts and basketball and if it's not clear and obvious, let's move on. Sometimes they sit there and review crap for three minutes and it's like, guys, it's supposed to be clear and obvious. If you don't see it in the first two takes.
Speaker 1: Move on. Well, I told you I worked facilities. I mean, they're not great with it. I remember, oh Adam Alonzo dude was amazing, broken English, absolute pimp. But they designed the system to where they're gonna have the computer and they're gonna be able to start reviewing stuff. Dude, was Texas State ahead of their time. We used to review plays. I don't know, so he had the modesty.
Speaker 2: Guys are advanced, but bro, all.
Speaker 3: We had done put up flags, put up chairs, put some cushions on chairs, A couple folding chairs called today.
Speaker 1: Then they had Adam Alonzo. They're like, dude, you're in charge of the replay system. So he's clicking on the mouse trying to play it for the umps or the revs. He so slow. We're like, guys, guys, let's just keep Adam doing facility. He was never wanted this job to be where he's gonna be clicking out. I mean, he was so slow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and maybe that's the problem. Maybe the internet connection goes out. I don't know why, but it takes forever. It is so frustrating. But hey, man, listen, World Baseball Classic.
Speaker 1: Well done.
Speaker 2: Because I used to not give two craps about the World Baseball Classic. But now the stars play, everybody seems to really care. The USA looks devastated last night where they lost, they looked sad, they looked miserable, and some people were saying, oh my gosh, if I win, it'll mean more than a World Series. I was like, now that may be a little crazy. Maybe that's a little crazy, but maybe it's gotten to that level so entertaining.
Speaker 1: Well, they're represented. It be like you represent your family, man.
Speaker 2: But here's the problem. And then I saw on Facebook Callaway was cheering for Venezuela.
Speaker 1: Like what, Callaway, you're the guy we want to root for.
Speaker 2: Man, Yeah, we're the one your back, USA rally behind you.
Speaker 1: That's it. I'm changing all of our socials back to sore losers. Yeah, it's been Calloway's face for the last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said, because Acunya is from Venezuela and that's his favorite player that he had to cheer for Venezuela.
Speaker 1: Is he really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And also Dominican Republic as great as they are at baseball and everything. I've been there partying on vacations. Never see kids playing baseball.
Speaker 2: Huh, Maybe you don't go to the small towns man, right, kind of like those daycares. They were saying that last night where Acuna is from. I think it was a Cunya and some other guy named uh Garcia. They're from the same little village about ten thousand people. There's no roads to get there. You got to take an all terrain vehicle or an off roading vehicle to get there. They produced like twenty major leaguers from that little village.
Speaker 1: And that makes sense because we never lest the resort.
Speaker 2: No wonder you didn't see baseball being played, dude, they didn't have it on the beaches.
Speaker 1: All the rich Americans weren't playing it.
Speaker 2: All the drunk retired Americans.
Speaker 1: They were playing splash ball.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's crazy, man. They were playing drink the corona.
Speaker 1: They were playing dizzy bat, not baseball.
Speaker 2: Did you guys have an obstacle that you had to come up with?
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, you got two hours. Can you come up with an obstacle course for a thousand drunk top shelf cruise people without any supplies in the next two hours? And we don't let me think about it.
Speaker 2: No, and we don't have any We don't want anybody to get hurt. And we've been playing this for a year, but we decided we would leave this to you guys. As we're driving to the beach.
Speaker 1: And I go, I go.
Speaker 3: I was like then, trying to help you know, I always try to have a positive outset, mindset, and I go, well, I mean there's that shovel there.
Speaker 1: They can spin around that. And either you said.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no no. The worker said, well that shovels sharp, okay, like.
Speaker 1: They would cut their foot on.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I don't have any supplies, and he's like, towards the bottom of the shovel, it's really sharp.
Speaker 1: You would risk somebody cutting their foot. Well, then why are we putting this on?
Speaker 3: We're some foam dongles or maybe a beach ball, Like where is any of that stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah, guys get in the water and swim to Nasau and back and winner gets gets a prize. I mean, what was the prize? Was there a prize? Even? Like, what are we doing?
Speaker 3: Get on the megaphone, a, does any guys want to do this relay race?
Speaker 1: Two drunk chicks step forward and did, and then they're like, okay, we're canceling. Nobody else volunteered to play. Oh really, we told you that twenty minutes ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we did. I mean, I'm gonna tell you when I think I think Morgan. I think she was frustrated too. I don't ever see Morgan get frustrated. Maybe I do every day, but that last day. I mean she drank her frustration away. She got so hammered. Oh yeah, so hammered. Do you have the clip? I'd like to hear how hammered she was because she was supposed to host the blackjack final with me. There was a tournament and she came to the final and she so sauced that she couldn't even play her hands. So Mario had to step in for her. And this is Morgan at the blackjack That was bad Audio who gave me? And let me tell you. Two hours later, uh, maybe three hours maybe four hours later, Morgan goes, hey, we got to do the did we ever get a blackjack winner? I'm like, what do you mean? She goes, I don't think I went to the blackjack tournament. She didn't even remember being there. She had no idea that we did the blackjack final.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm not gonna knock her. Because two days after, we were in Key West on the golf cart. I said, hey, guys, did we ever turn in the golf cart? No recollection of it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I asked, I said, hey, guys, did we ever go to Nassau? Really weird man? Did Keith Urban ever play a show man? I don't remember. Yeah, oh no, I went to bed.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: No, I watched it well.
Speaker 1: And then also Amy was on her sober journey or something.
Speaker 2: She went on a sober journey.
Speaker 1: Well it was I believe, night one, and they're stressing her out. They go, okay, we need you raging idiots thirty minutes ahead of time. Will you be there? She's like, uh, baser, what what is that Martine? You drinking latch at? I'll take two because she was already getting hustled and russ over nothing like she hadn't even eaten her dinner or iceberg salad and uh piece of square of bread.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and one like one piece of kale. That's interesting. Yeah, But I mean the fact that they wanted is there thirty minutes early to stand there, like, why all we're doing is introducing someone. It takes three minutes to get there, get on stage, say it, get off. We don't need to be at thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: Well I appreciated it one time because I got to meet Britney Kellogg. Oh that's cool, and she goes, I have the same call times as you. So we sat there for thirty minutes. Her dude looked like Jay Cutler.
Speaker 2: I remember you talking to that guy.
Speaker 1: Wrapped out with him too for thirty minutes, got to know him. They're great.
Speaker 2: Did you guys, Have you guys made plans in town?
Speaker 1: No, but we started following her, like she does funny instagrams where she rips on people that rip on her. So she'd be like, it's take out the trash Tuesday, and it'll be like some person that's not ugly or that's ugly and making fun of her, and she's like, look at you with you get faced in your big old hine. Look at me because I'm hot. I'm hot. It's like, I'm just making up the song.
Speaker 2: I think you guys should do a double date dinner.
Speaker 1: But she was cool, and she's like, oh, I can't drink before I say. She goes, but well, don't give us a day off. Oh I think when they went through was it Bahamas or Amiti? I think they got it.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's good man, and don't let loose on the cruise every once in a while.
Speaker 1: And then the dudes they couldn't do shots before. It's the second they got off stage shot time. So I'm glad I was there thirty minutes for that.
Speaker 2: He made a new friend and we're gonna take a break. We're right back. Ray.
Speaker 1: Was she the girl long legs, big old shelf?
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't think I met her. Maybe, but I'm gonna tell you this.
Speaker 1: She's from one of the idols or voice or something like that.
Speaker 2: She was big. I gotta say man, Tomorrow and Friday, I cannot wait to watch basketball, basketball, basketball, basketball, basketball.
Speaker 1: And that's why we're not doing the podcast. What oh, I thought, this is what you're gonna say.
Speaker 2: No, I think we'll still do the podcast on Friday because people are gonna want to hear our reaction to the games on Thursday. But here's the problem. We work with a guy that I'm starting to think that has no idea what's going on in this world. The under guy. No, his name is Scuba Steve. I don't think he understands what this Thursday and Friday means to America. To the you know guy that loves Spoor. It's the good old American, the good old guy that's filling out a bracket. Because I got a text from Scuba says yo, I'm like yo, And then a link comes through and I click on the.
Speaker 1: Link women's bracket, and it is.
Speaker 2: An invitation to his son's eighth birthday Friday night at six o'clock. Hard Pass like, what are we doing?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't go to my own kid's eighth birthday during March Madness.
Speaker 2: I looked at it and I was like, Okay, how are we going to handle this? How are we going to tell Scuba that this tournament, this thing called March Madness is happening Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and it's going to be amazing. And the first two days are the best two days. Saturday and Sunday are good, but they're not as good as Thursday. And and you schedule a birthday party on opening weekend at six o'clock. And I look at my son and I say, baby Box, so Scuba's kids having a birthday Friday at six and I tell him the place. I said, are you sure? Well? What do you want to do? I said, we got March Madness, and we got the birthday party. And you know what, baby Box said, the madness. He looked at me and goes, Dad, I can't wait to go to the birthday party.
Speaker 1: What the that ain't your kid?
Speaker 2: And I'm like you have got to be kidding me, serious, clerk. Okay, the birthday party six to eight.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: The rest of the weekend, I'll be able to watch basketball.
Speaker 1: All day long.
Speaker 2: Wrong, we have a t ball game, a coach bitch game, another coach bitch game. Oh, three kids have baseball games on Saturday. All right, that's cool, that's cool. Sunday Sunday, we're gonna watch all day. We're gonna watch all day. Baby Box two has baseball practice at eleven. There is a birthday party.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Then there is t ball practice at four, and there's also another birthday party. We have three birthday parties, three baseball games, two practices all this weekend. So as much as I am over the moon excited for this, I would have loved Thursday and Friday to be uninterrupted bull crap. But Scuba Steve decides to throw a curveball and plan a birthday party on Friday night, and it wouldn't matter either way. Birthday party, you know, a birthday party? You know why? It's got a text yesterday from family in the neighborhood. There's two other families we always get together with and have family gatherings and barbecues. And the one family's like, hey, you guys want to cook out on Saturday in our backyard or Friday in our backyard? And I'm like, do you guys not know what March madness is? I mean, we're already going to a birthday party, so it doesn't matter. But there's another set of people that don't give a crap about March madness, like who am I hanging out with? Where has my life gone wrong?
Speaker 1: Wild? Eight years ago, Baser beats cancer, Scuba gives birth to a kid that is crazy, same celebration and birth year. Also with the March madness guys, it's the four days. I get there's another weekend, but this first weekend of four days, you don't shower. You're just ordering door Dash. Back in the day, we didn't have that. It was pizzas. Now I get it.
Speaker 3: You got food door Dash, you got Uber Each, you got lyft Eats, you got your Premiere Food is by Us, stuff like that and gold Belly for the rich folk, Blake Shelton Bones.
Speaker 1: So what I'm saying is, you don't leave your house. Baser understands this. You don't shower, you look like Hell warmed over for about three of the days. Unfortunately, you're not going You're not going to church. It's gonna it has to get skipped. You can go online, but the cat's gonna be me owing because it's litters getting a little too high. Maybe got out of water. But it is a time to get a thirty rack. Now that I'm an adult, try to polish that puppy off. In four days. Baser gets not a box of wine, she gets one of those mini kegs of wine and puts it down, and you watch from one game on Thursday to a game on Sunday, unabridged. That is all that's on the TVs. And I got seven of them. They'll all be broadcasting every game. My third note, if I didn't have a second, who cares? My third note? Guys, this is the time I suggest don't gam do a bracket. But what the gambling will do is it'll remove the joy of those upsets. You are going to have a kid like joy as an adult, as a forty year old, If an upset happens, you're watching it no money on it, you will scream like you've never squealed before, all because you didn't have money on it. The money robs you have that feeling gamble if you want. That's just my advice. My fourth thing, statistical season. I just did the research in about ten seconds for Jennifer Brownlee. Typically teams that are leading in categories team categories win the championship last year Florida. Florida's not gonna win it this year. It's happened once and that was like twenty years ago. Maybe multiple times, but in our lifetime it's happened like once. Actually it's happened a lot of times, but Florida. The last time they did it was in our lifetime. It's very difficult for them to do that again. It's not Florida. Statistically speaking, Arizona and Duke are the statistical leaders. You got point differential defense, phenomenal teams. There's a lot of crappers up there, like Miami o Ohio is a statistical leader.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're in the playing game.
Speaker 1: They should be in a they should be in honestly, a Yugoslavian tournament. They probably shouldn't be in this one. So let me just say this, it's gonna be Arizona or Duke. I don't know which one. Good luck there is your statistical this isn't over to you, coach. Sorry it takes so long, I'll hang up and listen.
Speaker 2: No, I mean I really appreciate that. I appreciate the breakdown and the joy of the bracket and clicking on those things. And when you pick an upset and it does come to fruition, it's like you feel like you're the greatest person on the earth. But then it's really devastating when your your team loses and you get they get upset your pick to go far in the bracket and you just see ba ba ba, the X marks the spot and you go one bracket. Don't be doing this variation crap. Believe in your picks, Believe in yourself, Believe in what you believe, believe in that matter when you click on it, believe that is the way to go. Because here's the thing. If you have multiple brackets, no matter what, you're gonna be cheering for every team, and so whoever loses, you're like, oh sor right, I got him in a different bracket. You need to feel the joy of a win and the pain of a loss. The pain of a loss, yes, it sucks your bracket gets busted sometimes, but to know that you went all in that you had guts. That is what March madness is all about. To see your picks advanced, to see your picks get knocked off, and the devastation that you have to wait three hundred and sixty five more days to fill out another bracket to have another chance. That is what we do this for. So sit back, relax, and you ain't gonna relax because you're gonna be screaming at the TV and enjoy the beauty that is March madness. One shining man, you reach four a beer. This the ball is tipped. We can't play it. Well, we'll take a break, then we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Baser goes, did you look at my bracket? Because I believe we're doing family My parents are traveling the country. No way they're able to figure out brackets on their phones in a different location. So it's probably just me boom or me muff Baser zero dollars on it, but pride I usually win. Baser, her bracket was sitting out on the table. Did you look at it? No, I didn't look at a Beazer. I did see you out Tennessee. I didn't tell her that. I'm like, no, I didn't see it. Seriously, did you see my bracket?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I didn't see it. But like she had Tennessee winning at all, Baser, I'm not copying on.
Speaker 3: But she always goes with hometown hero.
Speaker 1: She'll usually pick to win it, and then if the team has an animal she likes, yeah, she picks that one.
Speaker 2: My mom, she usually goes with the Catholic schools, like if Notre Dame's in or something like that, or Exam Baptist, Yeah, oh, she'll probably go. Yeah, any church school she'll probably go with that. Not sure gonna be her strategy this year. But my dad has been trying to call No teeth Keith kid and he hadn't been answering. And I talked to my dad and he goes, Oh, the bracket comes out, and guess what, Keith calls me three times?
Speaker 1: Kid?
Speaker 2: Am I gonna be able to get in on the bracket?
Speaker 1: Kid?
Speaker 2: Is the bracket gonna still be going on? Kid? I just I don't have access to the computer, so I'm gonna need to fill out a paper bracket. And my dad tells him, oh, we already know we got North Carolina down for you as the national champion, and he goes, kid, I don't think we're gonna win it this year. Kid, But that kid hurt and so he's like, but so I'm not gonna pick North Carolina. And my dad's like, okay, well, what we'll do is batter's box and I batter's box. What if everybody that's a batter's box here with this? We're gonna drive up to where you're living. You know, he's living about forty five minutes outside Austin. He's like, we're gonna come up, come to you. We'll go to lunch and we'll help you fill out a paper bracket and then we'll enter it in on the computer and that way you're in the bracket. Oh kid, would you really do that? Kid?
Speaker 3: I have Jem and I making my picks this year. I'm not gonna do the poster boards. That's beautiful, kid, I really appreciate that. And my dad's like, well, who do he got winning at all? And Keith goes, I can't tell you that, and it goes why he goes, because then you'll know who my picks are. The Idaho vandals kid in their turnover percentage, And.
Speaker 2: My dad goes, Keith, I'm going to come to you and fill out a paper bracket and then I'm going to go in and entering it in the computer. So what difference does it make if you tell me who your national champ is? I'm gonna know either way. Do you really think I'm gonna copy your picks?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Kid, I didn't even think about that. Kid. Oh, kid quit kid that kid? Oh stop? But honestly, kid, I don't know who my national champ's gonna be.
Speaker 3: At kid, I'm thinking about picking Oregon for Charlie Kirk.
Speaker 2: Is that where he's from?
Speaker 1: Favorite school?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I don't even think they got in though?
Speaker 2: Who Orgon?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't know. But you know what I do know is that I get a text from my cousin Andrew, and I'm like, what is this. He's doing a bracket this year, like he's doing a family one. Join my twenty twenty six CBS Sports Women's Tournament bracket, And I'm like, what in the world.
Speaker 1: You gotta block that number.
Speaker 2: He is a season ticket holder to the women's college basketball at the University of Texas and he goes to the games and now he is trying to rope me into the women's bracket and I'm gonna tell you this before we sign. I'm gonna tell you who's gonna win the national title. There are only two teams. It's Arizona Michigan. Those are the two teams they're gonna meet in the final four. Whoever wins that game is gonna win the national title. Van den Slut and I'm gonna tell you who it's gonna be. That little line, that graph that you've seen. No team in the West has won it since nineteen ninety eight, which is unbelievable. And to see that graphic if you haven't seen it online, only like thirteen schools have won the national title since ninety eight. That's quite amazing. And Michigan falls on the right side of that line. But unfortunately for them, they lose in the final four. Arizona is cutting down the nets. It's the chalk pick. Everybody's picking Arizona. But they're the best team. They're the best team, Tommy Lloyd. These bring in a championship to Arizona.
Speaker 1: They're good.
Speaker 2: They're really good.
Speaker 1: Song play once, oh, once, can I just read a couple text messages between you, me and Justin? Yes, please, Justin first fifty I said dummy for the march madness me fifty different emails, fifty different venmos, fifty different usernames on the site. Oh wait, what site allows fifty teams?
Speaker 3: All?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: Justin ESPN, idiot, I'm in a fifty team group right now. I don't understand how you think that's hard me. Then post on Facebook and we'll get a ground swell. It will be a sanctioned sore losers event if you have the dick power to pull it off. Justin. Not going to gain traction if you guys, don't promote it. But apparently you f that up already by saying it was a dumb idea lunchbox. No, what we said was dumb was having them email me so then I could send them to you. You just do it and if you post it, they contact you. The middleman is dumb me. These things can get hairy quick. Just giving you a little business advice. I promise this is over in a second. Justin. There's no email. I simply send them the group name and password on ESPN. Then they Venmo posted up on Facebook. This has been done since the Stone Ages lunchbox. Then do it, justin, it's been done. But I didn't even see him.
Speaker 2: I never saw me.
Speaker 1: You're gonna need Lunchbox to deem it a sanctioned event on the Facebook group right now, it's unaccredited Justin Well. The only one who can do that is Lunchbox waiting on him. Me yesterday at six oh five am. Final message hasn't been responded to in two days.
Speaker 3: Me.
Speaker 1: Welp. Jennifer Brownlee just t bagged you.
Speaker 3: She put up squares one hundred strong and we got crickets from you. Dude, he's so mad. He's not flying. I could buy his flight. He still wouldn't come out of principle.
Speaker 1: Dude. He's so mad at us. He's so mad because he thought he had a great idea of it. It's like, bro, until you have all that crap flying into your venmo, you don't want that.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a lot, dude. It is so much like.
Speaker 1: Ah And he wanted one hundred dollars of team times fifty. That's five thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: He wouldn't get fifty people for one hundred dollars. I don't think that many people would do it for one hundred dollars. That's a lot of people's deep I ran a bracket for the Sore Losers Nation a couple of years, and how many people were emailing and venmoing in it was so much. There were like one hundred and fifty people in. I was like, it's I don't have enough time. It's it's exhausting. So maybe the one hundred dollars entry fee, would, you know, whittle it down a little bit so he wouldn't get as many emails. But hey, justin by post it, dude. I will indorse it, man, I will endorse it. We want what you want, man, We just want you to be happy.
Speaker 1: Well, and you guys aren't business owners out there. I know you truck drivers. You guys just work for the man. And then I honestly, well the farmers own their own businesses, but also the tug voters. You're working for the man. But me and Beazer at a clothing business. And what we learned is on Etsy that people's user names is different than their Instagram names, their address is different. Name on their address is different from their name on Etsy.
Speaker 3: And none of it matches up.
Speaker 1: So somebody would send Baser an Instagram message and we'd be like, did we send this person a shirt? And we'd both be like.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: They all are different names.
Speaker 3: The Venmo, the Etsy, the address, the Instagram name.
Speaker 1: None of it matches. So literally our business consisted of this, Hey, do you know who John Doe is? I don't know. I got a from Jeremy.
Speaker 2: Likes thank you for bleeping that.
Speaker 1: Uh okay, Well, I don't know. Is that John Doe? Well? And then he has another I guess. He messaged me on Facebook and he said I pet and I liked.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: So none of it, ever is easy, the entire business. That's why we stopped doing it. Uh, Baser, did you mail this? I got a girl on Instagram messaging me? Baser? Well, I got a girl Instagram messaging me, but she's messaging me for her husband's account.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I no, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Are they married? Are they banging? I have Did we send them both a shirt? I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Did I get the I for the Fantasy Football League? I'll get a Venmo from someone says I'm paying for so and so I'm like, oh my god, like like I mean, but that's okay.
Speaker 1: Like the other times that by five hundred.
Speaker 2: Like the other day. It was the last year it was someone lived in Canada and they don't I have Venmo in Canada, so he had to have his friend or his sister or his cousin in America send me the Venmo and then he was in the league. I mean, that was fine, it worked out, but sometimes it's very confusing, very confusing. It's difficult. It's hard. So good luck mayor squares hit mayor teams advance. May your teams advance, and always remember it is the greatest time of the year. The ball is tipped.
Speaker 3: Kid, I'm heading over with a fat sharpie and a fat poster BOARDIM just open that door for my fat ass.
Speaker 1: It is great. I gotta do mute. Sorry, though, I gotta do mute.
Speaker 3: The first four hours I forgot so I just have to just audio version only in the headphones.
Speaker 2: Maybe my wife, she's into it. She's like, I gotta do my research. I gotta do She's like, she tries to break down the bracket. She doesn't watch anything, and she'll read like twenty six different websites. I'm like, she'll stay up till two in the morning and then she'll be so tired. I can't stay up and watch the games. I'm so tired, like her team Texas played last night, did she even though they were in the playing game.
Speaker 1: No, Well, and that's why my mom and dad aren't invited in the family won this year. Maria sister Muff went over to dad's house a year ago and she said she was there for four hours helping him fill out the bracket because he was researching every single team. Well, at the end of the he finished last just was here filled out hers in four minutes, picking Cats in her hometown team the Bowls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and just don't worry tonight, I'll be on the phone with my parents at ten thirty pm trying to get them in the bracket because they can't figure it out and we always wait till Wednesday night at ten thirty pm. It's freaking amazing.
Speaker 1: And you don't have to do the playing games though, Like.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, But game start tomorrow, man, so you gotta put it on. You gotta do it. The only problem is filling out with your bracket. The playing games are tonight. What if you want to pick one of those teams advance.
Speaker 1: You just they don't make you get it in before that. You're fine, I know, all.
Speaker 2: Right, have a great day, guys. We're out here. We gotta go. Dude, I just got a call back. Tell me what time my appointment is. I don't know what time. I gotta listen to voicemail. Let's see.
Speaker 3: Oh, hi there, this is the doctor's office you have.
Speaker 1: Yes, we found a fungus on your.
Speaker 2: Oh it's two o'clock, man, not three o'clock. See.
Speaker 1: I would have been wrong, and you no longer will be able to properly.
Speaker 2: Two o'clock.
Speaker 1: Yes, the texture did come back. It was brownish green, and it looked like