Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros m LB. This is the Fantasy Baseball Podcast as Me, Joey P Joe Pisapia with me today. My best friend Joe Alrico Welsh is still recovering from his illness, but Joe, Rico and I are here on our Twitch live. You can also watch on YouTube on demand of course, but we're gonna be doing a lot of stuff here on Twitch live, so make sure you go to twitch dot tv slash Fantasy Pros and you subscribe today so you could be a part of all the live mannas because that's where Leading Off is gonna be live to start the season. We're gonna be live on YouTube two on Wednesday afternoons taking your question. So don't worry, we're not leaving there. Everything is gonna be great. And today we're gonna talk about hate. Why because you know the Internet sometimes, Joe, it's such a loving, nurturing, tender place, so we thought we'd kind of changed it up from what the Internet is normally, especially social media and things like that. Instead we talk about some players, not that we hate, but the projections hate. So let's talk about this because you and Welsh did a show recently about the players projections love obviously people who might have some big breakout seasons. But we're going to flip the script today, So Joe, take us behind the mindset of this program today that you and I are going to run through with these players.
Speaker 2: Well, first, I hope the people are going to be all right dealing with some hate on the internet. I know this is such an anomaly, but we're going to try and get through it. So what I've done today, what we're going to do today is take a look at ten players that projections. We're using the word hate, but projections are lower on than the consensus, especially in terms of ADP. So what I've done is I'm putting the ATC projections into an auction calculator and the way that it works on fan graphs is that it'll show you ADP as well. So I'm picking out some players where the ADP is a lot lower than the projected auction value, and you're going to see once we get into it. I'll give you some comparisons in terms of guys who are close in terms of dollar range, very different than what you're seeing in terms of ADP. So if you are a projections. Person These are essentially the players you should be fading heading into twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: And for those of you who always complain, hey, there's not enough salary cap information stuff on the site, we'll here you go, here you go. We're talking about it right now. Some players you might want to think twice about, at least overbidding for maybe you want to pay cost, maybe slightly less, but overbidding. Maybe you should think twice about it. One thing you should not think twice about is joining us Wednesday for Fantasy Fest, because that is going down this coming Wednesday. I can't believe it's gonna be here three pm Eastern on our YouTube channel, Fantasy Bros MLB. Subscribe today. We're trying to get to twenty five thousand before opening day. We can do it. It's a four hour live stream pack with bus breakouts, bowld predictions, and we're gonna help you crush all of your competition, embarrass your friends and relatives. That's what we're here to do. It's gonna be Me Mayor Welsh, the Worm, all the fun people, Joe Rico, and some special guests too, Chris Towers, Frank Stanfel from CBS Eric Cross, the Prospect Guru himself, Scott Pianowski, and many more. So tune in Live pros MLB YouTube channel three pm Eastern ring the belt that goes dang for notifications so you don't miss it, and of course if you do, if you have to work for a living, it'll still live on our YouTube channel. But we'd love for you to join us for four hours of wall to wall baseball. All right, let's start here with the first player on our list, Joe Alrico. Let's start with Jared Duran. Last year, Jared Duran was the darling of this program, especially me. I hype that guy so much, and even with my lofty expectations, Jared durand delivered. Scored over one hundred and ten runs, hit twenty homers, stole thirty plus bases, hit to eighty five. Yet something's telling you the projections might not be as kind to him in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, last year I was very interested in him as well. The price was still kind of deflated. It's not deflated this year. He's a second round pick in most rooms if you're looking at the ATC projections and it's a twelve team auction calculator that I'm using, Jared Duran comes out as the thirty first overall hitter, not even including pitchers, thirty first overall hitter, behind Manny Machado, behind Jazz Chisholm, behind Katel Marte, Raphael Devers, a lot of players that are going a lot later in draft rooms than he is. I think part of it is that they're calling for some regression in terms of the batting average. ATC hasn't projected at two sixty eight when he hit two eighty five last year. They're also calling for three fewer homers, a drop by twenty runs, six fewer ribbies, and four fewer stolen bases. So really, across the board, ATC is calling for a bit of regression. With Jaron Duran, I'm really not one hundred percent sure what to make of it. I think that the projections are probably pretty fair, but he could also surpass them, especially in terms of batting average. He's hit two eighty five and two ninety five the last two seasons. I'm not sure why they would expect him to come down to the two sixties, but ATC is throwing some cold water on the Jared Duran love for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, I'm still very much in on Jared Duran. The ADP is definitely steep, but at the same time I'm looking around the other outfielder as that he's going near Jackson Curio. Jaron Duran, I think are very close. I think there's some value if you go like a round or so later, or you know, a couple dollars later on guys like maybe the upside of Ono Cruz or why at Langford. So I get that, but I understand what you're saying. I'm not off Jaron Duran, but I don't want to overpay for him either. Let's go to another outfielder. This one's in Chicago, says Azuki. Now, this is another guy that I think still ironically is undervalued. He is the eighty six player going off the board in the consensus ADP, which you can find, by the way, at fantasypros dot com. He's the twenty sixth outfielder off the board, but he's still going ahead of guys like Luis Robert, which I do have a problem with because Robert's a guy that has shown you thirty twenty kind of a season. Say it's Azuki, I think is still more of a twenty fifteen guy, but he does give you batting average. What are you seeing in sayas Azuki's projections that have you a little concerned.
Speaker 2: So I'm personally a very big fan of Saya Suzuki. I think that he is a well rounded contributor. He can give you five category production. I think the Cubs lineup is sneaky very good this year, but if you are looking at the ATC projections, he comes in as the twenty eighth outfielder, behind Ian Hap, behind Taylor Ward, behind a lot of guys who are going well outside of the top one hundred picks, and say Suzuki is going right around pick eighty five. For another piece of context, he's projected is essentially the same value as Nick Castillanos, who's going about eighty five picks later than he is. So I understand some of the skepticism with say A Suzuki, but it feels like they're a little bit low in the batting average. The last couple of years he's been too eighty three to eighty five. I see some systems in the two fifties. Even the bat has him a two fifty seven. We're focusing in on ATC at two sixty three. But it just seems a little bit too conservative. They're essentially saying he's gonna repeat what he did last year, and I guess that implies that he's going to miss some games as well, because he played one hundred and thirty two last year. Projections are for one hundred and twenty nine, but it feels a little bit light. I think that Suzuki can probably hit twenty five home run twenty five home runs if things break right with his barrel right hard hit rates very good. I like him a lot more than the projections do.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, I don't think he's got the ceiling, like I said of a Louis Robert or some other guys maybe in that same range, but the floor is so strong. I'm with you. I think the projections here are being a little too negative. I also like the fact that Kyle Tucker's in this lineup too, and I think whenever you're adding talent to a lineup, you have to take that into account. It has a ripple effect. It does trickle down. Jelly Boy wants to know how old Suzuki is watching us live on Twitch. Thanks jelly Boy. He is thirty, so not that old, so he is still right in his prime good ballpark factor. For the most part. We're talking about improved lineup this year too, if Matt Shaw comes along quickly. Let's talk about these two outfitlders again here just for perspective. So I'm gonna give you some names going in the same ADP you tell me, despite the fact maybe the projections are being a little you know, bearish here. Who you would want to take so, Cheerio or Jaron Durant.
Speaker 2: I'm all in on Cheerio. For me. I would take Cheerio. It's not like a massive difference, but I love Cheerio this year.
Speaker 1: Jared Duran or Jazz Chisholm.
Speaker 2: That one's Duran for me. I think the profile is a bit safer, especially with the batting average.
Speaker 1: I agree. Here's one two five months of Ronald Acunya or six theoretical months of Jared Duran.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's still searing.
Speaker 1: This is where the rubber meets the road here, because this is about what kind of manager you are in fantasy? Do you want to roll the dice with the greatness of Acunya. We've seen him come back from the acl tair before and come back and tear it up no pun intended or every punt intended. But seriously, like that is a tough one for me because if you are the safety neck kind of owner, then you are somebody that wants to have Jared Duran most likely as opposed to you know, waiting for and God forbid there's a setback for Ronald Acunya. What do you think here between those two guys, what kind of manager are you?
Speaker 2: Joe So I am generally a little more play it safe, but I also play in a lot of deeper leagues. I'm mostly playing fifteen team mix leagues, and you need a little bit of a higher floor there. I think the average viewer is probably more likely to be playing in a ten or a twelve team league with the il spots, and in that case Acuna is probably the guy you should be taking a chance on. But I also think that Durant really brings a lot of safety at the top of the Red Sox lineup. That should be very good. It's a great ballpark to hit in. There aren't the injury concerns I can see going both ways. For me personally, it's probably Duran because I know the injuries are gonna find me throughout the season. I don't want to be stockpiling them before the year starts. If Acuna has any kind of setback, that wouldn't be good. And also, the last time he returned from the ACL problem, the power was kind of zapped from him for at least that first year when he returned, So I'm not exactly sure what kind of player we're gonna get. He's probably not going to run as much. You'd have to think that he's gonna take it easy a little bit after both of these.
Speaker 1: Is that the bill of goods we were sold last time? And then he ran a muck. Remember it was like, oh, you know, he's not probably not gonna run as much, and then he stole a million bases. But it was the power that actually lacked around a little bit. Ironically, I guess because of the timing more than anything, or maybe just the the power of the legs, you know, getting back under him. That to me was actually was so surprising, because I think what you're saying is correct. Most people would have thought, oh, you know, the power will be there, but the stolen bases won't. And it was the inverse. Last time he came back from this injury.
Speaker 2: I just wonder now that it's been both legs that have now had an injury, a serious, significant injury, if he's now going to say, Okay, I can't run as much. And also, another thing about his running before is interesting. I believe it was before the rule changes. I believe, So that's another piece of variable we have to factor into the equation that when he came back from the first injury, I think that was before the stolen base rules had changed. So maybe we can factor in a few extra steals from him just from that alone, that it's a little bit easier than it was three years ago. But he is a nerve wracking pick in any league, whether it's a deep league, your shallow league, basket ball, whatever it is you're playing, you're taking on a lot of risk in the third round. I've seen some droughtser he starting to get pushed down to the fourth a little bit. That's where I kind of like it. But there's also some rumsorre He's in the second and I think at that point it's a little bit too much of a risk. That's where Jared Durant's going, and it's a second round price on both of them. Then I would have to go at Duran.
Speaker 1: I think the more shallow of the league, the more I like Akunya. Uh, just easier to deal with. All right, let's go to Mike Wish's question here. I currently in drafting twelve in head to edd points league with two picks to go. If Gunn are still available to I grab him absolutely. I mean in a head ahead he should not still be there. So good luck with that draft there. Let's get to another player here, Jordan Westburg. Now, Westburg is a guy that last year eighteen homers, sixty three, ribby stole six bases, hit two sixty four. I don't want to say came out of nowhere, but he wasn't the guy that we were expecting to pop last year. We were looking for the Holidays and the curios dads, and Westburg is the one that we got that sort of broke out. Now, my concern with Westburg continues to be, what if Kobe Mayo hits the cover off the ball. What if, you know, Jackson Holiday, you know, finally lives up to the promise and him getting squeezed do the projection? So anything about that possibility of Westburg maybe losing out on a little bit of playing timer ret bats, or do you think Westburg is locked in no matter what, they're just gonna find us.
Speaker 2: I think Westburg is pretty locked in. I don't think that he is somebody that you'd have to worry about losing unless he's hitting his weight, then I think that he's probably pretty locked into the lineup. But the projections are a tad bit lower on him than I was maybe expecting, just based on ADP. He comes in as a ten dollars player in twelve team leagues. According to ATC, it's about the same value as Luisa Rise. I know it's a much different skill set overall, but if you're just looking at pure value, they're projected about the same. Marcus Semian is projected as a little bit more valuable, and he's going ten or twelve picks later in a lot of rooms. Luis Garcia, who's been our guy Joe all draft season, is projected within a dollar and he's going about forty picks later. So it's not that I don't like Westburg necessarily, It's just that I feel like I can kind of replicate his production down the board, and at the very least I can replicate the value that I'm getting out of that draft pick.
Speaker 1: Look a show that's about hate, and we're getting some love love. This format so far, flawless transition from the playing content to the mail bag and back. That's what we do here. It's not Fantasy pros by accident, Jelly, but we live this life, bro, This is what we do Westbrook. Just so you know, I like to look back at minor league track record a big everybody knows that about me, and I always like to come back to double A numbers. And when you look at like twenty twenty two double A, you know, only forty seven games, but he had two forty seven. There's a lower version of Jordan Westburg that does exist. And if you look at the minor league ups and downs, it's not impossible to think that the league makes adjustments to Westburg and he could struggle a little bit. So this is actually a guy that I'm fading in twenty twenty five in a big way. Now, one guy I'm not fading, and I think projections are too light on him is Mark Ventos of the New York Mets. And if you've been watching the shows for years, you know I'm the biggest self loathing Met fan there is. It's always dooming gloom. It's always going to be the worst. I knew that they were not gonna get to the World Series or win the World Series. I was just trying my best last year to enjoy the ride, and I did. But the entos, to me, I don't understand how he There's no universe to me where he stays healthy for six months and does not drive in one hundred runs. It just doesn't exist with Lindor, with Lonso too in that lineup now getting on base ahead of him. I don't know if Peter A Lonzo is going to stick of that three hole. I gotta be honest with you. I think Vento's in that three hole would be much better hit Nimo four and Alonzo five. I think that's probably the best version of the Mets lineup personally. But Joe, when you're digging deep into ATC and some of the other projection aggregates, what do you see about Vento's.
Speaker 2: The batting average is kind of the big one at two forty two. Not that it would kill you necessarily, but it is a bit of a detriment, and I think it The big concern there is the swing and miss, Like he had a twenty nine percent strikeout rate last year, close to thirty twenty nine point seven, and then a sixteen percent swinging strike rate. He is a free swinger, and I think that's what worries some people. That might be what some of the modeling doesn't like. I agree with you that the power is completely legit, Like a fourteen percent barrel is a crazy number. Forty seven on the hard hit is really really good. I think that some people and the systems specifically, are just a little bit worried about what the batting average floor could be. There are some systems that happen as a two thirty hitter when you're looking at just the straight dollar values compared to ADP. So he's the eighth third baseman by ADP, and he's eleventh in terms of the projected dollar value. You know, Alec Bohm is projected as a more valuable player. Jake Berger, Matt Chapman, Alex Bregman, these guys are all going a lot later. And I don't think Joe, you're you're not going to agree with a lot of those, probably because you are Vento's guy and I get that, but if you are trying to replicate some of that value later on, you can wait a few rounds and you could take I mean, any of these guys really that I mentioned, Bregman, Chapman, Berger, Bom and they're all projected as a slightly bit more valuable than Vento's at a much later cost.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, I get that. I don't think it's far off. I'm just going to stay on the counter argument here, which is he's a career two seventy seven hitter in the minor leagues. If he hits two sixty again, I'll take that to the bank. I think he's got thirty plus homer power. I think he's going to drive in a hundred. I think he could score one hundred two if the break right. For this Mets offense, and I know Mets fans with expectation, it's a very dangerous game to play. But this is why I think lineups are so important. We touched about this a little bit and one of the last discussions we had with Suzuki. When you add onon soda to a lineup, it changes everything. And if you are going to hit him in the three hole, which again I think is a smart thing to do. Whether or not that's going to be out of the gate, we'll find out. But over time, I think it would be much wiser to flip flop those guys. Stick Nimo in the four spot. And if you do that, Fientos is going to be in a tremendous position where he's going to see a ton of fastballs this year. So where he hits in the lineup matter, is hitting the five spot. I think maybe some of these concerns come to fruition if he ends up hitting in the three spot more often than not, I think he takes off like a rocket ship. Let's get to some more questions here too, because we've got some newbies here, which we love. Black Raptors here. I'm new to Fantasy baseball, will welcome aboard. I've been watching you guys for the videos. And if I am later in the first round, would you go Schemes then Scooba or would you guys rather go and then look for a lind'or so that you can get Zach Wheeler, Gilbert Crochet, et cetera, et cetera, Or would you wait on a pitcher? Now it depends on the format you're playing in blackraptor It depends. If you are looking at, say head to head points leagues where strikeouts are big money stuff and big points for wins, then I'm looking for big time pitchers, and then I would want one of those aces at the bottom for sure. I would still lean towards School. I think he's a little safer as much as Skeins as really interesting. If it's season long roto, I've been somebody, You've seen it in the drafts. I tend to wait, and it's head to head, so there you go, so we see that. So even if it's head to head points or head to head categories, I'm a little more apt to go with a pitcher earlier. But I'm also okay with taking those two big hitters at the turn there and then coming around and settling for a Blake Snell to be my rotation head. I think the value there is still really good with some of the guys you're getting in the third or fourth round. The problem is if you miss those guys in the top fifteen hitters, it's really tough to make up ground. So I don't like it in most roto formats, even head to head ones. Joe what are your thoughts on what Black Raptors trying to figure out this year.
Speaker 2: I think at the end of the first I understand the temptation to go with one of the other or help maybe even double down and go pocket aces if you're feeling adventurous. I can understand that there's some temptation there, But for me personally. You mentioned it, Joe, like, there are so many solid bats in the first round, specifically at the end of the first beginning of the second, Like, I think there's seventeen, eighteen, nineteen first round worthy hitters this year, And so if you're able to get a Vlad in Lindor Combo at the end of the first or Vlad and Carol or your Nlvarez and Mookie bats, Like, if you can get two of those lockdown hitters, that's generally the way I like to go about it. And then you've alluded to some of these pitchers that are still going to be on the board a little bit later on Logan, Gilbert, Garrett Crochet, Zach Wheeler. Those guys, especially in a twelve team league, could still be sitting there in the third Wheeler maybe not Gilbert and Crochet almost certainly will be sitting there in the third round, and I think the crochet talking about his value compared to Schemes and Scooble, it's about the same for me. There's not a huge gap there really. So if you can still take an elite star ace level pitcher while locking down two of those cornerstone hitters in your lineup, that's the way I generally like to go about it.
Speaker 1: Look, I think you take the two big hitters and come back around and get a Pablo Lopez and a Snell, or you know, maybe a Dylan CS and a Snell. You know, if things really break right for you, And to me, that is I think the better balance of a roster. It's a great question, and this is the book. We're here for the ogs, we're here for the newbies, we're here for everybody. Let's take another question here since we're on questions, and we'll get back to some of the players projections hate. This is from Bova Knight front of the show. Hey, guys in the Dynasty, startup slow draft right now. Ten teams with custom scoring that favors offense. I think, oh and power, I'm thinking offense right That's where we're got Okay, I have started with Churio and Acunya. Man, that is a pretty fantastic dynasty even for ten teams. Star, Can you give me a guy that you're reaching for in general in this sort of format, giving it's a dynasty startup? Well, I like what you're doing here, Mova, which is you are focusing on offense first and building building a dynasty team around young position players, because that, to me, is what you want to do. Pitching can be very volatile. Pitching also turns over faster than anything else, so that is I think important. Where would you go next? You want to try to reach for a guy like Crochet based on his age and now that he's with the Boston Red Sox, are you still going to pound the hitting table a little bit more as or somebody you're reaching for Joe in dynasty round? That fourth round? Is it a junior Caminero, let's say, or something like that.
Speaker 2: You definitely could. You can continue to fill out the offense, and I think that's probably the wise thing to do in the ten team league. The pitchers, You're still going to have such great pitchers available in the sixties, seventies and eighties, and you can take six hitters to start your draft off. But I also don't really hate going after one of those lockdown aces that are still in their twenties, like Garrett Crochet. This channel me. While so all of us have loved Garrett Crochet throughout the draft season, I wouldn't mind going with him there. He's still so young, He's in a great spot in Boston. The ballpark isn't my favorite thing, but his talent is just brilliant. Like Garrett Crochet. There's a world where Garrett Crochet is the number one pitcher this season in all of baseball, and win was a cy young. I wouldn't even be a little bit surprised by it. So if you're taking him in the fourth round and then you're backfilling some of the bats later as well. I get the pitching is more volatile in Dynasty, but you have such an elite base of five category guys with which Cherio Nakunya, I wouldn't mind if you want to pivot off and start going to some pitching now as well.
Speaker 1: We've seen some pitchers have some success in Family Park. Pedro Martinez was pretty good, Roger Clement's pretty good. It can be done. Folks. It can be done. And Crochet looks like quite the strikeout artist, dropping what he had six k's the other day in three nings or seven I think it was yes, in the spring trade. It's only spring trading. But you know, I think the best giveaway this year, Joe would be a crocheted Garrett Crochet. I would like to give that away.
Speaker 2: A crochet we got away jersey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, not even just the jersey, like a little like you know, like how we have Little Derek. You like Little Derek Brown, like a little stuffed animal, like this kind of thing. I like when Little Derek makes appearances on the Baseball Show. It's fun, all right, Let's get to the next player on a list. And it also brings us to our Microsoft Chasing Challenger segment, which is brought to you by Microsoft. Just like the athletes who push boundaries and redefine what's possible in business, those decision makers today are turning challenges into opportunities, and Microsoft meets you where you are with tools and guidance to help make you the impactful person using safe, secure AI solutions or whatever challenges you're facing. Microsoft empowers you with the expertise to say bring it on, and in this segment, we're gonna spotlight Anthony Volpe, who is a can't miss, quote unquote prospect who's frankly been missing a lot of balls lately in the first two years of his major league career. It's a pivotal year, I think for Anthony Volpe, because we're constantly in win now mode. If we're the New York Yankees, and let's be honest, Volpi so far has not produced. I think up to what the expectations were. I think that is always a expectations are high. It's New York. Prospects sometimes get overrated. Now I've seen Volpe play in person a bunch. He's a very good player. I think he was rushed a little bit to the big leagues, to be honest, and I think he continues to press there. But if he doesn't produce this year, I would not be shocked if the Yankees start looking for a little competition and maybe somebody else to fill that role at shortstop. And Volpi has power, he's got speed, He's a solid defender, but too much swing and miss. That's been his problem. Spot in the batting orders a problem too. He's always hitting lower in the lineup, that's not great. He's a good defender. Too much swing a miss. That's the big challenge heading into twenty twenty five. Hopefully what Anthony Volpey can do is go back to some of the minor league tape and see what are the things that was doing there that gave me success, that made me a better contact hitter that I'm not doing at this major league level. Is he trying to hit too many home runs? Is he trying to press a little bit too much? But Anthony volpe I think is at a crossroads this year and it's gonna be very interesting to see what happens to him in twenty twenty five. And that's this week's Chasing Challengers. Remember Microsoft AI solutions empower you to take bold steps and new ideas to help drive your business forward. With Microsoft as your trusted partner, you can navigate your journey with confidence of finding innovative solutions and reaching new possibilities. Visit Microsoft dot com Slash Challengers to learn more. What's your take on Anthony Volby this year?
Speaker 2: So the main thing is the batting order spot. I think I've heard it said by some people that well they're probably going to put him back in the leadoff spot. You know, he's still a young guy. Blah blah blah, he's got speed. His on base percentage is atrocious. Last year it was two ninety three. The year before it was two eighty three. The Yankees moved him down from the leadoff spot because he was somebody that was leading off. I believe I'm just going to pull it up, but I believe it was June or July when they dropped him. It was July the third when they removed him from the leadoff spot and he never returned there for the rest of the season. Batting in the seventh through ninth spot, that's a concern. If he's batting seven through nine, there's not a lot of value there if you're looking at the straight projections. So first all start with the ADP. He's the fourteenth shortstop by ADP, and if you look at the dollar value projections, he's twentieth. So a lot of that comes from the low batting average two thirty seven projected batting average fourteen home runs. If he's batting at the bottom of the order, then the counting stats probably aren't going to be great. He's projected for just sixty RBI. You know, he kind of took a step back last season. The barrel rate, which is something I look at a lot. I've referenced it all the time on the show. He went from nine percent in his rookie year, which is really a good number, to three point nine percent. The launch angle fell from fourteen to eight, the hard hit rate went down, you know, the home runs went from twenty one to twelve. It was just a bad season for Anthony Bolpy. He kind of needs to prove it to me at this point that he can be a starting caliber shortstop in even a fifteen team rotal league. At this point, I think he's like a middle infield option for the most part, maybe even a bench option at some point. But he's somebody like I've done a couple of videos, short forms and different podcasts on this channel where I've talked about fading him, and that's my stance heading into this year that Vulpi is somebody that's just too rich for my blood. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look, I would buy him low in dynasty leagues just because the principle of buying low on once upon a time very highly rated prospects. It's always a good practice. Typically it tends to work out for you when you buy him low. But in Redraft, I got a problem with I'm with you, I'm not liking it. Walkee Penguins entered the chat. I like Crochet better if Mayor didn't love him. Well, Mayor's a big Red Sox guy, so that's what happens. I don't know how the guy who's an Eagles fan is also a Red Sox fan. I'm not sure how that got crossed up. But then again, I'm a Patriots fan and a Mets fan, which is nice because I've had cycles of joy and utter disillusion and it just goes in a circle for about twenty years where I just felt awful pain, awful pain, and then August came in training camp, and then Super Bowls and life is great, and then Spring training happens, and then by June the Mets were out of it. Also here, Bova has some of the names that they were looking at, camin Naro, Gilbert, Langford, Streider, Merrill, and Sasaki. I gotta tell you, cam Naro's the want to stix out for me. I think Joe's gonna say Gilbert, but I don't want to speak for you.
Speaker 2: The one that sticks out for me is actually Langford. I think Langford.
Speaker 1: Really over caman Aro. Okay, I am.
Speaker 2: Langford over camon Aro. I think, Yeah, the lineup I think is better in Texas going forward. I think it's affectable that they're going to be fairly close. But Langford also brings you speed that camon Aro doesn't really have. Caman Arroo might have a little bit more power, but I think it's relatively close, but I am more of I had a keeper question actually just this morning between the two of them, and I told the guy Langford. So that's my stance, But I don't think it's like an obvious answer either.
Speaker 1: Jelly wants to know, is ATC you prefer projection system? Well, ATC and it's aero cone friend of our here over at Fantasy Pros. It's an aggregate system, right. It takes all the projections and kind of gives you the average of the projection. So that's a great way instead of beating around and trying to look at a million different projections, you can actually just look at ATC and kind of get the bigger picture. So in that sense, yeah, it's it's pretty good and actually, we just did a mock draft show over on his pod. I was over there do a little mock draft action. Catch out that pod. Yes, it was a good good time. Let's take a quick break in the action to tell you about fan Tracks, the home of fantasy sports. If you're looking for year round engagement, fan Tracks is your spot. Offseason trades, real time updates, and seamless player transactions keep the excitement alive three hundred and sixty five days a year. If you're looking for dynasty mastery, automated salaries and contracts, they let you orchestrate your league like a pro. At fan Tracks. Multi team trades, well they can do it. And if you want to trade future draft picks, they've got you too. Scoring categories they have the most extensive list, or you can even create your own. There's massive league sizes. Imagine even up to two hundred managers in a league. You can create it at fan Tracks with duplicate players, multidivision leagues. If you can fantasize about it, fan Tracks can make it a reality. So bring your fantasy baseball leagues to fan Tracks today for an unbeatable user experience and a chance to win a signed Vladimir Guerrero Junior Jersey. Sign up today at fantracks dot com slash Fantasy Pros. That's fan slash Fantasy Pros. And now back to the action. All right, let's get to some more players here. Let's get some pitchers here that the projections hate. I'll start with Corbyn Burns. New digs for him, Arizona, that's where he wanted to be. Now, the Arizona Diamondbacks scored a ton of runs last year in terms of ballpark environment. I mean, I don't know if you want to call it a push. I'm not sure where your head's at. But Joe Cordin Burns started off really well. The second half wasn't quite as good as the first half, but you know, Cortin Burn's been a very steady pitcher for a while. How Well, However, I would say he is not a guy that, if you dial back to three years ago, has been quite as dominant. Maybe those numbers were unsustainable. What are the projections tell you about him in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Colbyn Burns was brilliant and I think he's still a really good pitcher. But I think he's just a little bit Pricey, and I think the projections tend to agree on that. By ADP, he is the ninth pitcher off the board and Emmanuel Classe is ahead of him, So that's actually the eighth starting pitcher let me go to let me just or by starting pitchers, so was the eighth starting pitcher by ADP, and in terms of the dollar value projected thirteenth he's projected below Logan Web below, Yamamoto below, Snell, Framber, Valdez. I think a lot of it comes down to the three fifty five projected era and the fact that he's not projected for a strikeout per inning. Corbyn Burns at times in his career has been a thirty five percent strikeout rate guy. He had two hundred and forty three strikeouts in twenty twenty two. Last season, in one hundred and ninety four innings, he just had one hundred and eighty one. And if you look progressively every year from thirty five percent to thirty to twenty five to twenty three, he's lost ticks on the strikeout rate every single year. The phips are still very good, but they're not what they were in twenty one and twenty two. They're and like in the mid threes when he was in the mid twoes. I think that the ballpark is interesting. It's not a terribly hit or friendly park. It actually is pretty bad for left handed power. So I don't think the park is a big thing for me. Really. It's just that I don't know what I'm getting in terms of strikeouts and era from Corbyn Burns. It might be in that three six, three seven range. And if I'm taking a starter in the third round, is my that's a little bit dicey for me. If he's not even gonna give me a strikeout, perinting, I think that's a little bit of a a little bit too much meat a stomach in the third round.
Speaker 1: I agree, I would rather have Crochet Sale, Reagan Cease, probably Snell all over Burns. To be honest with you, I love Snell this year with the Dodgers. I think he is the safest guy. That team's gonna win one hundred games just by accident. So that's why I'd go. Also some fun things in the chat. Wonky Penguin is a Cubs Vikings fan because her dad thought that overcoming difficult challenges was an important part of her childhood. It's built character for you, Wonky Penguin. Here's another one, Tyler, I'm a Blue Jays an Argonauts fan. Does that count?
Speaker 2: Go ahead, arguts? This might be the first CFL reference ever on the Fantasy Pros Baseball podcast. It might be.
Speaker 1: I thought that would make you happy. Yeah, you're You're a good, red blooded Canadian. They're the only teams.
Speaker 2: That's won a championship in Toronto in the last twenty or thirty years.
Speaker 1: I like, here's one from Sir Tray. Hey, guys, fun watching you on Twitter, trying to decide my keeper's ten team head to head Agoria is they have to drop two Otani Caminaro, Churio, Cruz Diaz and Tanner Scott to drop two. This is easy. Uh, it's gonna be Daz for me and Scott. I mean, that's it. Yeah, closers are replaceable. This is the easiest question we're gonna have all year, Joe, Right, you got anything to add there?
Speaker 2: Tanner Scott, Like, I think he'll probably get the majority of the saves, but that's a pretty strong Pano in Los Angeles. He might get seventeen saves this year or something like that. It could be twenty eight.
Speaker 1: But some managers don't like using lefties and saved situations. I like to save them for that big spot. Like I'm just saying it's historically something the managers do. Not everybody's Billy Wagner necessarily, But I'm telling you right now, just watch it might be more complicated. You think that's a no brainer. Those are two easy drops you're gonna crush. It's a great team. Let's do another picture here, Hunter Brown awful, awful April, but man, after that, awfully good. Now I understand, you know, we have to bake into some of the bad Hunter Brown in the projections, but I want to be more up. S'simistic when it comes to Hunter Brown. Why are some of the projections looking pessimistic?
Speaker 2: So the thing that stands out from the projections, he has a top one hundred ADP, but he is as the forty first starting pitcher in terms of ADP. That's that's a little bit high, I think, just based on the projected whip at one twenty five, the projected era at three seventy five. Like, if he's giving you a one to twenty five whip over one hundred and seventy innings. It's not great. It's not really helping you a high three's era a lot of the time, especially in a deeper league. Brown is going to be your SP three. Maybe if you're really pushing it, he could be your SP two. I just think that there's a lot of risk there. Like Houston's still a good team, but they're not quite as good as they were. I think losing Kyle, Tucker and Bregman is a big loss. Replacing them with Walker and Parides definitely helps, but are they going to be quite as good. Probably not. I think you can maybe shave a win or two off of Brown's projections, and I think that era is probably going to be somewhere in like the mid to high threes. So I don't know. I think he's a good source of strikeout, but he's kind of just not somebody that knocks my socks off this season. I've drafted him once or twice, but I don't know. I think you can do better in that top one hundred ADP range.
Speaker 1: I still like Hunter Brown. I think he was so good down the stretch. I'm just buying. I'm gonna buy in a Hunter Brown. The team will still be very competitive, I think losing Tucker and Bregman takes a big hit there for Houston, and I don't know if Paritis is enough to take that back. But look at some of the pitchers going in that same range. Grayson Rodriguez, I would take over him. Rokie Sazaki and Hunter Brown are very close to me. But Zach Gallen I would take over either. Do you agree or disagree?
Speaker 2: Grayson's a little dicey right now with this whole lat situation. I'm not sure what to make of.
Speaker 1: Lats and Obliques. That's all spring trainings about Joe Lots and Obliques.
Speaker 2: Who are the other guys that you said besides him?
Speaker 1: The other guys in the similar adp Freddy Peralta, Grayson Rodriguez, Roki Sazaki, Hunter Brown, Zach Gowen.
Speaker 2: That's sure like I'm taking I'm personally taking all of them over Brown. I think maybe not t Sazaki because Azaki is going to get on the hype train with these with these crazy splitters I'm seeing on the timeline, and his price is going to shoot up. I think I'm taking most of the over. I think I'm more of a fade on Brown this year. I'm coming to realize yeah.
Speaker 1: I can understand. All right, let's get to another pitcher here. Hunter Green massive strikeout potential, could certainly lead the National League in strikeouts. I think even with Paul Skeens being there and Hunter Green starting to get the home runs under control, starting to figure things out, it's kind of been a low, slow road for him. And it feels like Hunter Green is, you know, I think a twenty twenty four when you look back, really putting the pieces together, not just trying to throw the ball, but really trying to pitch a little bit more and starting to I think, find the outs and lineups, do the things that better pitchers do instead of just trying to blow everybody away and strike out everybody. However, the strikeout totals are extremely high, and that is something we look for in fantasy. But when you're digging into the numbers and rejections for twenty twenty five, what did you see about Hunter Green?
Speaker 2: Well, we got hundred brown, Hunter Green, and then up next Hunter Blue on our projections. So when I'm taking a look at his numb.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a reservoir dogs kind of thing situation here.
Speaker 2: Steve Buscemi's gonna walk through the door any minute.
Speaker 1: Why, mister pink.
Speaker 2: So the thing with Hunter Green, I think is the ballpark a lot of the time that scares people. It scares me a little bit. If you are starting him in Cincinnati, you never really know what's going to happen. He has historically had a bit of a home run problem. Last year that seemed to be curved a little bit, But I'm not really sure what the real version of him is. Like his first two years homer to fly ball sixteen percent, fourteen percent. Those are well above league gaverage, and then last year he went down to seven percent, which is below league gaverage. So is he somewhere in the middle layer? Probably you can split the difference. But I think you can also split the difference on a lot of the numbers from twenty three to twenty four, Like is he a four e two era? No? But is he a two seven five era in that ballpark with his command? I don't know, honestly. Like the whip went from one four two two to one zero two. Like the way I'm approaching hundred, I was, what does one hunder brown? The way am approaching hundred Green this year is I'm kind of splitting the difference from his twenty three to twenty four stats, which seems kind of what the projections are doing. If he's giving you what ATC's calling for, which is a three to nine ERA and a one one seven whip, you can live with it. But as a top one hundred pick, I don't know that you're gonna love it. Like he is projected in the same value range as Chris Sanchez, who's going about one hundred picks later or about eighty ninety picks later. Same as Gosman, same as Rodan, Nate E Evaldi. These guys are all projected right around the same dollar value. Flynn Rodriguez, Galen Rinaldo, Lopez, all these guys are projected right in the same range. And I think without having to worry about Great American Ballpark, they might be a little bit safer.
Speaker 1: There's no way I'm taking Ronaldo Lopez over hundred Green. I'm just not doing it.
Speaker 3: That's fair.
Speaker 1: I just I get it. It was a good year last year for Lopez converting. I get it. It was solid. It was the story that kept on going to we're waiting for it to end. It did not. I'm not saying Lopez can't be good. But I want the upside of a Green and that strikeout potential. So there's an opportunity with some of the guys we're talking about. Maybe the projections don't like where some of the sharper people in your leagues might start to fade away from some of these people. If people are fading away from Hunter Green, I'm taking them and I'm taking that strike out upside along with it. Now he's only made twenty six starts. That's the career high last year. That also has to enter into your psyche when you're evaluating players. But at his age right now, he's gonna be turning twenty five. Look, I'm in on Hunter Green. I love the upside, and I think that Cincinnati Red's team it's gonna be a very good, very athletic team there. You're gonna have a lot of positives in Ladolo and singer pitch well, they're gonna compete for that division. They're definitely gonna compete. Two more pitchers to talk about here, Let's go to Jared Jones. Now, we had Nick Pollock on the show. If you missed it, go watch on our YouTube channel. Jared Jones one of the guys he absolutely loves. He had a red hot start to the season, kind of the inverse of Hunter Brown, and then of course some injuries happened and the rest was history. So kind of an incomplete downward spiral there for Jared Jones in the second half. But it's a new year, yes it is, So where are we going with Jared Jones this year? With the projections Joe, So.
Speaker 2: He's kind of a hard evel just because of how things fell off for him in the second half of the season. Like you alluded to, first half was a three fifty six ERA second half he did miss a big chunk of time as well, but five eighty seven ERA in the second half he was getting crushed, and I think the projections are kind of looking into that. There's also not a ton of data because he's only pitched a one season when there is not as much to look back on. Projections do have a bit of a harder time, But he is projected as the number sixty starting pitcher with a five dollars value, maybe they call it a six dollar value in twelve team leagues, behind Robby Ray, behind Ranger Suarez, behind your guy, Seth Lugo, standyel Contratadge Bradley. These guys are all going well after him in drafts and they're all projected right around the same range. I think that there is some concern the team stinks, like the team at the front office in Pittsburgh. I don't know what they've done here. You got a healthy policy teams, you have an ostensibly healthy Jared je Ownes right now. Your window to compete is open, Tommy Fans and.
Speaker 1: The division's week. It's not a strong division either. There's no way if you added a big batter two this offseason. But they didn't do it. And why they don't go to a team like the Orioles as a glut of position player prospects. I keep saying this and make a deal with them. I don't understand. If you've got all these pitching prospects, there's only five spots in the rotation trade one of these guys, the Orioles are desperate for pitching. Their average age of pitcher is what now between Charlie Morton and Segano and those I mean it is not young. I don't understand what they're thinking.
Speaker 2: They're Joe, and if you look at the Pirates lineup, they have a thirty seven year old Tommy Fan projected a lead off and a thirty eight year old Andrew McCutchen going to be cleaning up for them. It's a problem huge like that. That is a problematic offense. If Jared Jones won seven games this year or eight games this year, I don't think anybody should be surprised by that. The projected numbers are pretty good. But at the same time, a three ninety four era, a one to twenty two whip about a strikeout printing. It's fine. But if I can get the same value in Robbie, Ray Lugo, Al Contra, Nester Cortes, Ryan Pepio, all these guys who are going later that have better projections, I just don't really see the need to take a risky shot on Jared Jones. I still like him, like Dynasty Leagues, I'd still be buying into him, but I think there's a lot of risk in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Last guy on the list Shane Bose of the Tampa Bay Rays. Now look, Boz is a young picture with a lot of upside. Problem is in Paulock and I were talking about this on the last show on the Number two Pitching Guide, we were talking about Lttel having no options left and that could hurt bos or Pepio potentially in this rotation. I know Eno on the show that you guys did was talking about you know, Ryan Pepio very glowingly. So is Shane bos looking a situation where he could be a little Maybe he's the odd man out of this rotation at least to start?
Speaker 2: Oh man, I hope not. That would be devastating because as much as I think the projections are down on Shane Boss, I still really like him. I think that he is now finally in a situation where he's he healthy, he should have a chance, like the rotation should be McLanahan, Bradley, Papio, probably Boz and Rasmussen. And I guess the Lttel question is behind Maybe they make him a long reliever or something like that, or maybe Rasmussen stays in the pen because he's not terribly stretched out at the moment. There are some questions I guess as to how they're going to assemble the rotation, but I don't think Shane BoSz should be in jeopardy. That being said, the projections are not great on him, one hundred and thirty eight innings, which is not great in terms of volume, a four h five ERA, a one to twenty four whip and fewer than strikeout printing. The strikeouts I think are are misprojected there. I think that he is somebody that was working his way back from a major surgery. The strikeout rate wasn't what it was pre surgery, but over the fourteen starts he still had very good results. He the three zero six ERA and a one zero six whip. I think the strikeouts will come back. This is a guy who had a thirty six percent strikeout rate in his first touch of major League baseball, and then the next year it was twenty six percent. Like, the strikeouts are legit. The stuff is very very legit. With Shane Bozz, I think that this is a year where he can defy the projections. But I think we have to at least give them some We have to at least acknowledge them, especially considering the ballpark downgrade in terms of the pitchers that are going to be headed there too. Essentially, what is Yankee Stadium hot Yankee Stadium?
Speaker 1: I like that, or humid to Yankee Stadium? Maybe we call it that some great stuff there. Obviously, when you're looking at some of these projections, you see them on the player profiles here at Fantasypros dot com, So make sure you head over there. Joe's done some amazing work to bring us these names today. And of course, if you're watching on demand on our YouTube channel, who are the players that you're possibly fading in twenty twenty five? I want you to drop those names below, subscribe to the YouTube channel. We're trying to get to twenty five thousand before opening day. We can do it. I believe in us. And for those people who are saying, hey, how do I hang out and watch you guys interact just like everybody in the chat today, well you could do that over at twitch dot tv slash Fantasy Pros. So go head over there because that's where leading off is going to be. And don't forget Wednesday, March twelfth, it's all going down baby. We're gonna be here on our YouTube channel doing the Fantasy Fest yet again. Four hours of Fantasy Baseball for you, live, incredible guests, incredible insight. It's your one stop shop to make sure you get prepared, and maybe you haven't been prepared enough for your drafts. Well, we're gonna help you, so get ready with us at the Fantasy Fest And of course you can watch it back, but you can join us live three pm Eastern March twelfth, Wednesday on our YouTube channel Subscribe today. That'll do it for us here, but the story of the game goes on for Joe Rico, I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple.
Speaker 1: Podcasts or Spotify.
Speaker 3: Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros at. Subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB