Speaker 1: Stramp on the boots and scrape up the knuckles on ahead. He got jacked.
Speaker 2: This is the Big Red Rage presented by santan Ford and Gilbert.
Speaker 3: Terry's gonna score touchdown Slam to the ground by Buddha Baker. Like a torpedo, he keeps flying into the back deal.
Speaker 4: The Rage.
Speaker 2: It's brought to you by santan Ford and Gilbert. Right on the price, right on the corner of the sand Tan two to two freeway.
Speaker 3: In Valves w a crab by Tray McBride that was spectacular and by Arizona Cardinals podcast.
Speaker 2: Visit Azycardinals dot com slash podcast.
Speaker 5: All Right, Seas, Rising Up, dude, you rising vision Flurry Rage, take it over.
Speaker 2: Here's Paul Calbci.
Speaker 1: I'm ready.
Speaker 6: I'm one hundred percent ready.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you I'm ready. And Ron Wolfleck.
Speaker 5: It doesn't get any better than that b.
Speaker 1: The Fjord.
Speaker 6: The year was nineteen ninety five. Maybe it was early ninety six. I don't know, it doesn't really matter. Ron Wolfley retired from the NFL ten years, four Pro Bowls, like most players, maybe not entirely his choice. Now fast forward to twenty twenty five. This time around after a two decade run as an NFL analyst, including going viral on NFL network more than once. Wolf most definitely calls his shot hashtag you are not the boss of me. As Wolf calls it a career, the rest of us just got blindsided. We got earholds. Speaking of twenty years ago. I mean, I might go too around here, be very emotional. It's my team mate, that's my analyst. So in the very words that Ron Wolfley created on these airwaves, rise up red Sea and congratulate Ron Wolfley on a job really well done from the broadcast booth over the last twenty years.
Speaker 4: Oh, Paulie, that is just too nice, buddy, I really do appreciate that. Listen, this has been fantastic. It really is. All good things must come to an end. And that's the way that I feel about this. Seven years, Paullie, seven years as a Saint Louis Cardinal, a Phoenix Cardinal, an Arizona Cardinal, of course, in twenty years as an Arizona Cardinal radio broadcaster, I have to tell you right now, twenty seven years altogether, it just makes me feel so good the organization. I've had a wonderful a wonderful time with the organization. They've always always treated me with love and respect and professionalism, and I'm just so grateful and thankful that i had the opportunity to be the Cardinal color analysts for the last twenty years, two decades. And you know, once again, I'm a situation, Paulie, where you know this and I know because we've talked about it many times. But I've got a sixteen year old and a fifteen year old, and man, when I was in the NFL, I had four kids, of course, and I had a tendency to be myopic, and when i'd get inundated with work, i would block a lot of things out and I'd get blinders on. And I shouldn't have been in the NFL ten days, let alone ten years. And I knew that, and because of that, I missed a lot of things when my kids were younger, Paulie. And now the second time around, of course, with a warrior queen, the beautiful Miss Stephanie and my two kids. Now I feel like I've got a second chance, Paulie, kind of a second chance, and I don't want to do this same thing. And the older i'd get and now that I'm sixty two, Paulie. You know this, I've got to work more. The older I get, I've got to work more. I've got to work harder than I did when I was forty two in this business. And because of that, the blinders were going on. And I want to slow it down and be present for my kids and be present for my God as well.
Speaker 6: Very understandable on all levels. Not only well said, well done, you know what, great job, a great example to everyone else on keeping your priorities in order. And the good news is Ron Wolfley stepping away from Cardinals game day duties. But not the big red rage presented by Santan forty right, Paulie, we are Santan Ford, and you know Tim Hovick saying it's all about you. Well, wolf I know you don't necessarily like this. It's now all about you. It's twenty years of memories are on Jim A. Mahundro. He could have gone with two hours of wolf Ley, but he boiled it down to two minutes plus. So here we go our own two minute drill, flashing back the cold tub time machine into wolfleisms from over the years.
Speaker 4: Time for a big red budgeting grab a club, put on the kilt and charge across the field. Larry Fitzgerald could catch a bee with chopsticks.
Speaker 1: Did you see n Kwan Bolden run that ball?
Speaker 4: That guy could run through a landslide in flip flops. Larry Fitzgerald could catch a bebe with his teeth. Davedra and Wilson just ate his liver with falla beans in a fine candy. A fight broke out at the point of attacking the Cardinals offensive line at a battle axe and the Browns front seven had a butterdyke bo I was at a bloody hamburger? Did you see that in there?
Speaker 1: Kitner?
Speaker 4: Patter, pitter patter, Here comes the splatter, no way toll, just all Tasmanian devils.
Speaker 5: You know he's just doing that hold on the ball, on the ball, in the gas, run the ball, that ball on the ball.
Speaker 4: You want to talk about a guy doing his count Dracula impersonation. He's in the pine box. It looks like he's done, and the next thing you know, the sun goes down and out he comes. You know, sometimes you're the spear and sometimes you're the buffalo. And I think Dugan right there would be mounted on a wall nicely. Sometimes you're the shish and sometimes you're the kabba. I think Marshawn Lynch is sweating Terioki sauce.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you're the heifer and sometimes you're the branding iron.
Speaker 5: I think right now, what they gotta do is stick Adrian Wilson.
Speaker 1: Go ahead and dump him in a cool barrel of water.
Speaker 4: Two rights don't make it wrong, but two dings definitely make a dong ding dog.
Speaker 5: Itch is dead in Arizona.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: The Cordinals half shot in the world, right for true, the Cords.
Speaker 5: They're going to Super Bowl forty. The Arizona Cordinals Baby go to show.
Speaker 6: I forgot about the Fat Lady singing. That's uh. I listen to that now and I realize I heard every one of those moments live in my headsets down on the sideline, and all the laughs are genuine. I mean you and Dave. It was definitely one plus one equals three. Is it possible to maybe boil everything down to maybe give us I know how you love power Poles Wolf, give us like your top three memories, if you had to really choose moments memories over twenty in the booth calling every single Cardinals game, preseason, regular season, postseason.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Paully, Oh my goodness, man, can I just give you one, Paully can keep you my favorite memory we go overall? It would be the NFC Championship game. It would be that January eighteenth, two thousand and nine, when the Arizona Cardinals were playing the Philadelphia Eagles. Of course, that to me would be a Paulie when we all realized on that fourth down. Do you remember that fourth down play where the Arizona Cardinals lined up and they came after Donovan McNabb. They came after him with cover zero to win the game. Huns over the wall, man across the board, bring everybody. The flat top was there in the secondary and they went after him. And man, they got off the field on that fourth down and we realized, all of us, the Arizona Cardinals were going to the super Bowl. That was in two thousand and nine. Man, And that is a sensation, that is a feeling that it's really really hard to forget that. I think, Paulie would be my favorite moment of those twenty years. How about you, paul did you have a favorite moment in the last two decades?
Speaker 1: It's hard to argue with that.
Speaker 6: I mean, I want to go with Kurt Warner out dueling a young Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs, right, five touchdowns, four and completions. I want to go with Larry Fitzgerald's seventy five yards and the hail Larry after getting it from Carson Palmer to win another Packard playoff game went over. But the NFC Championship to this day is the loudest sporting event I've ever attended or covered. There you go, I would agree with you on that one. We're just getting wrong. It is a big red rage. Well here from Matt Miller, ESPN NFL Draft analysts. Next on the big red rage presented by Santan Ford in Gilbert.
Speaker 5: Back game was Roy Grant of the zone six yards day, He's gonna run it out.
Speaker 1: He's out to the tenth, turns it to the.
Speaker 2: Left side of the twenty twenty five thirty thirty five morning, he might go all the way.
Speaker 5: He's at the morning, He's at the tunny, he's at the ten.
Speaker 1: He is Then for the touchdown Roy Gray around one hundred and a half or six.
Speaker 7: Yards I was waiting for he called on a pay phone in my dorm and the payphone was on the third floor.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 7: And I was on the second floor. The basketball team was on the third floor. I says, hey, guys, listen for the phone for me. If it rings, it might be for me. So everybody was on alert. But I did have a distraction. They say you need distractions on draft day. A tornado hit. Are you see a tornado hit that morning, right before the draft? And I'm like, oh God, I worked this hard.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to get a chance to go down. Don't take me down. Oh man.
Speaker 6: They always entertaining Royen Jetstream himself on his Draft day recollection nineteen seventy nine out of Henderson State.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean, if.
Speaker 6: You can play, you will play, and they will find you. And Roy Green is evidence of that. In fact, there's a twenty twenty five application Roy Green. As we say, welcome back into the Big Red Rage, presented by Santanne Ford and Gilbert We are Santane Ford. Well, you're from ESPN NFL draft analyst Matt Miller momentarily, but I recently had a chance to talk to Roy Green, you're former teammate Wolf about Travis Hunter. Because not since Roy Jetstream Green. Have you seen a legit two way skill player like Roy and now Travis Hunter? And Roy said he sees him as a dB mixed in a little bit on offense. But he said, there's no way you can play eighty ninety snaps in a game. That's just not gonna happen out over seventeen games. So he's got to choose. But he thinks he can be an elite corner and then be a really effective weapon on offense.
Speaker 4: Travis Hunter again, No, I'm with him on that one. PAULI right there. I do believe that. I think again, if you were going to take a true wide receiver one, and you were going to take a true CB one, and if you asked a talent evaluator, what would you rather have you if you could pick between what it was that he was going to be a true wide receiver one or a CB one, I think most general managers would take the corner. I think most general managers would say, give me a true CB one, A guy that will go out there and be able to guard anybody in the National Football League. That is such a huge advantage, especially if you're a big man team.
Speaker 6: You know what's interesting is the Associated Press put out their mock draft one point zero earlier today and they have the Cardinals taking Will Johnson corner out of Michigan. Wow, haven't seen that one yet. So that's that's interesting because Wolf, I mean hit zoom out in the first two years of manti usin for it right me. It's sort of like the Lions with Dan Campbell and Brad Holmes, who was their first pick overall in their regime. Penny Sewell, the now All Pro tackle Jim Harball last year comes in his first pick, Joe Wall Joe, look at Ben Johnson taking over the Bears. He's already traded for Joe Toney and Jonah Jackson, two starting caliber guards right out of the gate. It's it's this mantra you see it with mantiasa Fort and Jonathan Gannon. They are building from the inside out, and so you have the likes of like Albert Breer saying earlier today, Look, it's not a great year to have a high draft pick, okay whatever. Cardinals are right in the middle at number sixteen, field Yates saying recently it is a great draft for front offices that know what they're doing. So It's really intriguing because you know what, this draft is deep where maybe the Cardinals need it most. And Wolf, let's listen to an interview, a conversation Danny Surrek and Craig Griel who had with the ESPN's Matt Miller. You can find him at NFL Draft Scout, and here's part of the Q and A from the common.
Speaker 8: Let's just dive right into this draft class because what you mentioned recently on Twitter was two positions of need that the Cardinals have that this draft class is loaded, and that would be edge and defensive tackle. What do you like about the depth specifically on those two positions.
Speaker 1: This is the.
Speaker 9: Deepest defensive line class I've ever evaluated. I think I have thirty players that play edge or defensive tackle in my top one twenty right now. So there's a lot of top end guys like Abdil Carter, Mason Graham. They're going to go really early in this draft. But there is that depth, and I think it's a testament's like so many players were developed, like Walter Nolan to go from A and M to Ole Miss and we see him take that next step. There's always a couple guys from Georgia. It feels like, and there's two this year who are really good with Michael Williams and Jayla Walker.
Speaker 1: But it is.
Speaker 9: It's fantastic, And it's so funny how this lines up because everyone was down on this draft class and then the Eagles go and beat the Chiefs in the super Bowl with a great defensive line, and it's like, oh wait, this draft exactly meets what's really in vogue right now, which running backs and the defensive line. And that's where this draft is strongest.
Speaker 10: When you talk about the depth defensive line, edge rushers, what do you see in that depth that maybe Cardinals could still get in a player like Day two, yeah, or maybe even early Day three.
Speaker 9: No, there will be starters that come out of rounds three and four in this class just because of that depth. And also, you know, we're still seeing the guys who are coming off that COVID year that where they got the extra eligibility, So it has made it such a deeper group where some of those guys would have been in last year's class and they would have been second or third round picks. But now we get this loaded group of prospects. So I do think you're in a great spot. If you wait until round two, they're still going to be starter level players. Or if you, like you said, if you want to even push it off to day three, I think you can find players. You know, Like a name that comes to mind for me is Vernon Broughton from Texas. He was a one year starter there because they were loaded at defensive tackle. In that one year. I mean, he just completely popped on tape and you're like, oh my gosh, this guy's such a good athlete. He had so much potential. He just only got to play for one year because they had such great defensive lineman ahead of him. So, like, that's a kind of a great analogy for this class as a whole list. There's a lot of guys that just had to wait their turn, and then once they got that opportunity, they took that next step.
Speaker 8: You brought up the Super Bowl, and it's something that we've referenced a lot based off what is going on at least those playoff teams that were successful based off the line of scrimmage. Do you find yourself evaluating now draft prospects maybe a little bit differently based off what is in vogue in the league. Does it have trickled down to what you see in the college ranks.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it does, and I think for like for what I do, it doesn't really change how you evaluate individual players, but it definitely changes, you know, like when we do mock drafts, it's like, Okay, we're going to see a rush on defensive linemen, probably because that is a copycat league, right, Everybody wants to win the line of scrimmage, so offensive lineman defensive linemen kind of expect them to go off the board a little bit earlier. And on the college side, it has been really fun watching, you know, especially the teams that cost you all playoffs this year, Ohio State, Texas, Penn State, Notre Dame. They dominated the line of scrimmage both sides of the ball, and so I do think we see that in the college game right now too. If yes, we all love like quarterbacks and Travis Hunter, who you know, can do everything, it seems like on a football field, but the great teams in college are dominating at the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 10: You spent a lot of time looking through and evaluating and talking about handful of those rookies this time last year, players like Marvin Harrison Junior, Darius Robinson, Max Mountain, What did you see from them in their rookie year and what a realistic progression for year two could be for players like that?
Speaker 9: You know, right after the draft, I think I gave the Cardinals my highest draft grade and I just remember that, like I loved the draft class. When you run through it's like, gosh, I had first round grades on that guy. That guy, I had like a top fifty on that one. So, I mean, such a good year, and I think, you know, with what Marvin did your one, I mean there's a lot of a lot of progress, and it's just like finding the right way to get him involved in the offense so that he can have that breakout year, getting he and Kyler on the same page. I think for a lot of the rookie receivers, people expected, you know, greatness right out of the gate. That doesn't always happened.
Speaker 4: White out.
Speaker 9: I mean, Cardinals fans will remember, you know, with Larry Fitzgerald and Ankum Bolden, like it takes time sometimes to have those big, those big impacts. So Terius Robinson's another guy who he just needed developed. He was so rawled, there's so much potential there. So I think, you know, getting into year two with both of those, you know, guys who I had as first round picks and top twenty five players, I still think the sky's the limit for what they can be. They just both needed a little bit of development.
Speaker 6: There you go, Matt Miller, ESPN Draft Analysts. You can find the entire conversation and it's good stuff Cardinals Cover two via Apple Podcasts, Spotify, wherever you gear podcasts. You can also check out the video version on the Cardinals official YouTube page, YouTube dot com, slash Asy Cardinals and there's a lot of big names you're gonna find there as well. I mean, Daniel Jeremiah, Charles, Davis Wolf. What stood out to you the most there, Matt Miller from the combine last week and just where the Cardinals are in this twenty twenty five draft.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say Pauli more than anything else is him talking about how much he loved the draft class last year from the Arizona Cardinals. I thought that was significant right there, and it made me think of the fact that the Arizona Cardinals, if you go back and look at the last two seasons twenty twenty three and twenty twenty four, and how many from those two draft classes, how many guys are actually either starters or in the rotation getting an awful lot of playing time. Paulie, there's like thirteen or fourteen guys that are year two or less that are are getting significant snaps or just starters for the Arizona Cardinals. You know, you think of a Max Melton and how much he has developed in one year. You think of Garrett Williams, Oh my goodness, Garrett Williams and the way he developed in two years. And Dante Stills, Pauli, this guy is in the rotation for the defensive line in I'm just so impressed with these two draft classes. That's what I tend to focus on as well.
Speaker 6: Okay, So with that in mind, because last two years, think about it, twenty twenty three, you led the NFL and rookie starts, rookie snaps. Yes, last year you had a twelve player draft class, so it was let the rooks cook to the point where the four draft classes before Monti ausin for it, there are three starters left Kyler, Trey McBride, Zavin Collins. Wow, you also have Victor Dan Mucage have Jesse Luketo. We're not sure about their future of their status. Will probably find out next week. But at this point, well, going into this draft, is it now maybe quality over quantity. For example, if there's an edge guy that you cover it and he's on the board at twelve, he's on the board at thirteen, all of a sudden, instead of trading down and maximizing picks, maybe you go after that guy because he's maybe the one guy you need at this point, that premiere pass Rusher, if he is that valuable to you. I wonder if all of a sudden there's a different approach in this draft.
Speaker 4: It could be Paully, It really could. It's gonna be fascinating to see what Monti assin for does because you know Moni's not afraid to make a move or dune. He'll definitely do that.
Speaker 1: For me.
Speaker 4: I tend to focus on a guy like Tyler Booker when you love to have Tyler Booker be a starting guard on this offensive line. And I know everyone says, look at the combine, look at the combine, paul Look at the tape, not the tape measure, Look at the tape, Paulie and watch him play. He is by far and away the best interior offensive lineman. The Arizona Cardinals need that guy. And guess what if he falls down? Boy, that seems to play right into Monny austin Ford's hands if he falls down. Isn't there a possibility that MONI could say, well, you know what, there's a lot of defensive linemen and edge guys in this draft. And that's what Matt Miller was just talking about. There's an awful lot of defensive linemen in this draft. Why not go ahead and collect some picks, trade back where you still might have a shot at getting Tyler book at number twenty five, number twenty six, somewhere in that vicinity, and collect some picks that you can use on the defensive line in the second round.
Speaker 6: Maybe you know, a somewhat lackluster combine showing by Tyler Booker works to the Cardinals advantage. Correct, Maybe he's there at sixteen. I'll personally run the card up to the podium. If he is, I have no So.
Speaker 4: Paulie, you're saying right there, Oh, what if you could even trade down from sixteen and still get him?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 6: Then again, Daniel Jeremiah posted his top fifty players post combine. Now, not how they're going to be drafted, just how he ranks the players one through fifty and twenty is Michael Williams the edge rusher out of Georgia twenty one, Mike Green the edge out of Marshall twenty two, James Pierce Junior out of Tennessee twenty seven, Shamar Stewart, so the Cardinals could have their pick of an edge guy. Will continue to talk off season free agency. Next, the Big Red Rage presented by santan Ford in Gilberte.
Speaker 3: Snapped to Murray caskplay Murray with times buyers deep middle end zone for Harrison, and Harrison.
Speaker 1: Made the catch.
Speaker 3: Man got his feet down for the touchdown. First NFL score for Marvin Harrison Junior. The first of many to come.
Speaker 5: Throw the twinkie into the toaster. Kyler Murray, Oh my goodness, right on the money to Marvin Harrison Junior.
Speaker 1: Play action of food to the right.
Speaker 3: Murray looking downfield, now loves it deep here sign Harrison caught it at a cunning hit the ten. Harrison dies to.
Speaker 1: The end zone.
Speaker 5: He's in touchdown. Like a tear falling from your cheek, baby, That ball came straight down out of the sky. Kylo again drops a dime and Marvin Harrison Junior stretches out and the pig breaks the played all that is off.
Speaker 6: So a lot of memorable moments there from Marvin Harrison Junior his rookie campaign twenty twenty four. In fact, you go back in Cardinals team history, as we say, welcome back into the Big Red Rage, presented by Santan Ford and Gilbert Paul calvec Ron wolfully and that team history goes back more than a century, by the way, most receiving yards by a rookie in a single season, and Kwon Bolden won Marvin Errison Junior. Two, some guy named Larry Fitzgerald. Fifth, Frank Sanders, our guest recently here on the Big Red Rage. Third, and remember what he said about Marvin Rison Junior. He will be a different receiver in year two. That was Frank's prediction. He said, that's how much he thinks he's going to navigate the learning curve and accelerate. And he said one thing Marvin Harrison Junior did not have as a rookie that he had with Rob Moore than Larry had with an Kwon Bolden. That is wide receiver one to take a lot of heat off him. But that was Marvin and and you know he always got a defenses. He was the center of attention, and all the gravitational poll came his way. So now, I mean, what do you think, well, I mean, for all the numbers he put up, what is the upside Marvin Harrison Junior in year two?
Speaker 4: Okay, Paully, you know I was really really high on Marvin Harrison Junior to begin with. I'd like to refer to it as the danger zone. I was in the danger zone on Marvin Harrison Junior because I truly believed he was going to come in and be wide receiver one from day one, wide receiver one from day one. Now, look, he was wide receiver one for the Arizona Cardinals. But you know, when you think about it, this is a guy that had a very very good year. But my expectation was so high. I thought he was going to come in and he was absolutely going to dominate right from the get go. Why because of his extreme talent and because of his extreme work ethic. You put those two things together right there, Marvin Harrison Junior was going to be lights out. Having said all of that right now, what is the mantra with JG and maniasin for it. Right now, we're just talking about the draft class. We're just talking about year one to year two. Marvin Harrison Junior is going to go into year two with year one behind him and all of that goodness behind him, in all of that hooplah if you will, behind him, and now he's going to be able to focus on just getting better as a wide receiver in year two. I expect Marvin Harrison Junior to explode this season.
Speaker 6: So Kyler Murray with two games to go in the year said, you know what, our connection, Yeah, it's been productive, but it can be better. It should be better. It will be better. That was Kyler Murray to the media. Here's maniasin for the GM on that connection talking with Danny Surrek one on one at the combine.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think with Kyler and Marv, as with everybody in our roster as a whole, Like, everybody's competitive and the goal is to perform at a high level, and those guys they want to do it at a high level all the time. And so you know, I know those guys are working hard. Those guys hooked up on a lot of big plays, a lot of explosive plays, scoring plays, and I know there's more to comment. So I know those two are going to do what it takes along with the rest of our offense to you know, make us more explosive, make us more multiple, and continue to put our offense in a position to score points.
Speaker 6: All right, So well, obviously the GM money as a board isn't showing his hand in free agency or the draft. But considering right now, under contract, Cardinals have Marmon Arson, junior Michael Wilson along with Xavier Weaver and then restricted free agent Greg Dorch, with Penning, free agent Zay Jones and Zach Paskell. Do you expect a free agent veteran receiver to come the Cardinals' way in free agency, which, by the way, you can start negotiating Monday, you can start signing Wednesday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, PAULI, you know it's going to be really interesting to see if that does happen. Right now, when I think of the Arizona Cardinals in this offseason, Paulie, I have a tendency. This is just me and I'm not trying to pooh pooh, which you said with a wide receiver of course. But for me right now, I'm thinking about the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. This is Monti assen Ford, this is Jonathan Gannon. This is their belief their philosophy on both sides of the ball. And when I'm going to the free agent period, for me, if I were a general manager, I'd want to sign offensive lineman. Paul. I'd want to sign old linemen, especially if I felt like I had to build my offensive line back up, and I think Monti ausen Ford and JG both believe this offensive line needs to be addressed once again and built back up. And for me, I'd rather when it comes to free agency, I'm not really big on going after defensive linemen in free agency. I'm not big on that. For the most part. I'm big on going after defensive lineman in the draft because you can get these young guys coming out and so much of the time there isn't a mental capacity that you have to worry about in regard to these young rookies coming in and making an impact immediately, because a defensive lineman is typically about, hey, this is the gap you need to be in. Okay, you need to know the gap you're in and oh, by the way, rush the quarterback, get to the quarterback. A lot of young guys can come in and make a difference on the defensive line offensive linemen. The brain part of it comes into play, the brainiact part of it, where you've got to be able to understand multiple fronts in certain situations and multiple situations. Of course, that the variables are all over the place for an offensive lineman. And that's the reason why I like to address that position in free agency poly because you have all of this tape. You have a huge amount of tape in front of you typically that you can watch and figure out if this guy is worthy of the money you're probably going to have to pay him. I like it. I think it's a more reliable way to do it. The offensive line free agents defensive line draft.
Speaker 6: Now it makes sense. You know, offensive line plug and play. You can rely on that guy. You know, if you have a rookie defensive lineman at least you can you know, get them spot play, situational type assignments. Right, it is d lineman coming in waves. You saw what the Eagles did in the Super Bowl. So with that in mind, a young player or a veteran. That is the question to the GM MANIACI for once again at the combine from our Danny Sirek.
Speaker 11: In terms of roster building, that's something that it's always going to be.
Speaker 1: It's going to be both.
Speaker 11: You can't rely on one. There's different mechanisms throughout the league year that for roster building. And we just happen to be coming up on two of the most important between free agency and the draft. So I think it's a combination of the two. And really how one free agency are moving? Free agency effects, so what happens in the draft and vice versa, and so those are things that we have to collectively look at and ultimately make the best decisions as we build the not only the twenty twenty five Cardinals, but just into the future as well.
Speaker 6: And keep in mind Evan Brown Will Hernandez both free agents. The two study guards much of last year. But well, if when you look at receivers, not only had the Cardinals been in the division, I mean think of all the activity if you will the Niners Deebo Samuel traded to Washington, Brandy nay Yuk reportedly on the block rams are they trying to trade Cooper cup or what they just signed two to two at Well today to a one year, ten million dollar deal guarantee two two at Well. I mean he he' said four touchdowns in four years. That's a no comprendo to me. DK Metcalf wants a trade from the Seahawks. Rumors are the Raiders or Green Bay. We'll see. They just cut Tyler Lockett.
Speaker 4: Oh ding ding ding.
Speaker 6: He's thirty two. Well if he looked a little step slow last year, did he not? You're on board with Tyler Lockett?
Speaker 1: Huh, yes, no, I am.
Speaker 4: As a matter of fact, yeah, PAULI yeah, I think he was a step slower, There's no doubt about it. Every now and then, as you age, you've got to be reminded of just how difficult it is to play in the National Football League. And sometimes when you get up to thirty two. Oh well, let's see, I was thirty two right there, Paly. As a matter of fact, I knew exactly what that felt like. And now all of a sudden, you got a guy like Tyler Lockett at thirty two years of age. I think that might have been the best thing that could happen to him. I think the team that gets Tyler Lockett this time around after getting released by the Seattle Seahawks. I think that team is really gonna benefit because this is a guy who's got great game speed too. He's not just a guy who's a four to four. He's a legitimate four to four guy to me. But when he gets in between the white lines, Tyler Lockett's gonna run as fast as he can to get the ball, and that to me is a rare talent. I still think he's got the talent to be a deep threat and provide a little aid comfort and shelter to short and intermediate route runner like a Trey McBride or like even Marvin Harrison junior.
Speaker 6: All Right, so if you are thinking of a speed receiver, what about dot dot dot a reunion with Hollywood Brown. We are also thinking Christian Kirk. But then a couple hours ago he got traded to Houston for a round seven picks. So the Texans are going to take on his existing contract, which is like sixteen point five. He's in the final year of the deal. We're thinking Hollywood Brown. He's like, you know, bff with Kyler Murray. Right, he still has that top end speed, or there's some bigger names out there well, Stefan Diggs, Amari Cooper, Keenan Allen, Davante Adams. Do you think there's a splash signing perhaps to add to the wide receiver room, Man.
Speaker 4: PAULI, I don't know about that. You are so right about it. The names that are out there right now. I'm just the fact Joey Bosa is out there blows my mind even now. I know we're talking about wide receivers and we're talking about offense, but it is incredible. I had the opportunity to talk to Field Yates today. As a matter of fact, Paully and Field Yates was talking about the fact that, man, the NFL, there's so much money that is being thrown around out there when you sign these free agents that by the time you hit year four or even year three, to some degree, in these contracts, there's no guaranteed money and it's almost like you can just let the guy go and yeah, you're gonna have some type of cap hit. Yet at the same time, this is why he thinks there's so many big names that are out there in free agency being cut as the new league year comes up, that's coming up March twelfth. He thinks there's a lot of people that are being let go right now because this is the new NFL. This is the way that it's gonna work. You're gonna go ahead and you're gonna sign guys up front, and then that last year, maybe even two, you're not even gonna worry about it.
Speaker 6: Okay, So speaking of do you think Jalen Thompson might be in the crosshairs that very scenario. You just describe Jalen Thompson as the third highest cap number on this team, zero guaranteed money this coming year, and we all know the sort of finish that rabbit put on the field to his rookie season. I do wonder if that is a move we should semi expect here over the next week or so.
Speaker 4: That is a great point, PAULI, It really is. And you know, Jalen Thompson, I know you feel exactly the same way. This is a great football player, but this is the modern day National Football League. You're a mercenary and everyone knows it.
Speaker 6: So we talked about quarterback. We've talked about protect that quarterback. Let's talk about get to the quarterback. What the Cardinals might have in mind. What is available. That is next. It is the Arizona Cardinals Big Red Rage presented by santan Ford and Gilbert. We are santan Ford.
Speaker 1: And up up the middle.
Speaker 3: B j o Jalari is there to grab Rodriguez at the line of scrimmage. Snapped the Jackson He's gonna throw it from the pocket, looking in trouble, wrapped up and thrown down for a sack. Bjo Jalari gets his first sack. The rookie out of Lsu gets a big sack here on Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 4: Closed down Lamar Jackson quickly and got the sack.
Speaker 1: That is big time by bj.
Speaker 3: Heinekee playfake in trouble, hits and sacked by b j o Jalari back at the ten yard line, a loss of.
Speaker 1: About ten oh. That is a big sack.
Speaker 3: Back to pass goes Heinikey with time now the pocket collapses. He Heinicky sack back at the nine yard line. Bjojalari having a breakout game with his second sack, horsing a punt all the rookie once again would not be denied.
Speaker 6: So wolf I was on the road last weekend. The flight didn't have wi fi so oh, I'm sitting there and I'm eliminating old videos from my phone and there are a lot of a lot of training camp videos before BG o Jeli went down with the season ending knee injury, and I cannot tell you how many videos in olne D line drills he was making Cardinals starting o'd Linman look stupid. I mean, he was so good early in camp. He was so fluid, he was so fast, the explosion off the edge, some of the rip moves, some of the spin moves, his counter moves, and he's such an unknown though. As we say, welcome back into the final seven of the Big Red Race, presented by Santan Ford and Gilbert Paul calvic Ron Wolfley. If you're MANI a support and Jonathan Gannon, I mean, what do you make of BG o Jelari and what's his fit this year on your depth chart?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's gonna be. That's gonna be determined, Balie. You know, once again, it's one thing to look at a guy and be able to project him as you well know, and quite another thing to actually see him out there. The first thing that's going to happen to bj o Deelry is he's got to be healthy, and once he's healthy, he's going to be really, really confident. I cannot wait to see how this young guy grows. I really really am looking forward to it. And I hope, of course, he's not going to be one of these guys that is going to have to deal with injuries throughout his entire career. Hopefully he's going to be a guy that's going to get relatively healthy. You're never going to be one hundred percent. That's not going to happen. But hopefully for him, he's going to be able to stay healthy enough to where he can actually develop an NFL career. And we'll see how that goes right there. But man, this free agent period right now, there's a lot of really good edge players that are out there. It's a lot of good defensive linemen as well.
Speaker 6: And you know what, Jonathan Ganna at the combine, he was pretty honest with the media said, that's one area where we need to get better getting after the quarterback, and that's one position that you know they're looking up great. My question to you, Ron Walfley, might there be a splash move, a splash signing this offseason? You know, Cavin ball. All of a sudden, you mentioned Joey Boso. Okay, he's out there. We know that Max Crosby just signed a ridiculous contract. He's now the highest paid non quarterback in the league. Trey Hendrickson earlier today was granted permission to seek a trade from the Cincinnati Bengals. Wow, he's due sixteen million in the final year of his contract. They can't agree on an extension. Remember, he's had seventeen and a half sacks each of the last two years, NFL sack leader last year. But he's aged thirty. Then there's all there's all the Miles Garrett buzz. A lot of people think that if Abduall Carter is there at two, the Browns take Abduall Carter as their future edge guy and then they trade Miles Garrett.
Speaker 4: So you know, boy, you're going deep on this one. Paul A Man, it's and it's this time of year. It's one of the great things about the NFL, isn't it. Where do you start on this one?
Speaker 6: You know, well, I'll tell you what. Why don't we hear from Jonathan and what he looks for in an edge rusher, and then you take it from there, here's the head coach just what appeals to him when he's scouting that position.
Speaker 12: Can you rush the passer? Can you whoop a guy in the run game? It's a little bit of drought kind of the scheme that we play, you know, But I think the first thing that you know you're looking for is can this guy be disrupted in the passing game? And I think that's one of the things, you know, taking the full three sixty five look at us. I think that's a way that we can improve our team is to disrupt the quarterback a little bit better.
Speaker 6: There it is, there's the comment I was talking about, and so what do you make of that?
Speaker 4: And what?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean the urgency is there, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's no doubt about it. The urgency is there on the edge of course for the Arizona Cardinals, and that's one of the reasons why I think they're going to be players on the Josh Sweat free agency. I mean, not to me once again, PAULI it is even Hassan Reddick, Paul, Can I throw that out there?
Speaker 1: Could I just throw that out there?
Speaker 6: No, that's that's aw ye, who knows, Paully.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe Nick Rolis. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe he had an awesome relationship with Hassan Reddick, maybe it was Jag as well. I just think that is something to keep in mind as well Hassan Reddick. But Josh Sweat. If I was gonna if I was going to go ahead and unload some money, if I was going to be aggressive in the offseason, and I was going to sign a free agent where I'm going to pay top dollar for, I think Josh Sweat might be that guy's He just showed so much. Of course, he's getting better as far as I'm concerned now. I know he's been in the league for seven years, but still he's getting better right now, and I think we saw that in the Super Bowl with two and a half sacks. Josh Sweat, I think is in line to make an awful lot of money. And if I were Josh Sweat, I would hope the Arizona Cardinals would be involved in wanting me as a free agent because from what I'm told, he's got a really good relationship with those two guys.
Speaker 6: And you know that's the Cardinal's competitive advantage, right because Mania said it more than once, there's always that little trepidation because you don't truly know a guy right and he can't really meet him as much as you can at a combine, etc. Because he's a veteran bod. With Nick Ross and Jonathan Gannon knowing him so well, they know exactly what they would be signing to the dotted line if that's indeed the case. How about Baron Browning? And I bring that up because the Cardinals gave up a six round pick middle last season. He's a little banged up, but then the last month of the season, right he got reps and according to the stats week ten through eighteen next Gen Stats, he was fourteenth in the league in QB pressure rate the second half of the season, right between Brian Burns and Miles Garrett. This and he's only got four years in the league, so he's coming into his prime.
Speaker 4: Yes, PAULI you know I'm looking at that right now. The pass rush win rate of fourteen teen point three percent. What you just about Baron Browning? And did you know Pro Football Focus has got him ranked number five. I think I told you this last week, but he's number five, Paul, in terms of free agents that are out there right now on the edge that's really really good. Listen, who knows where they're going to go on this? To me, I think that's where I would be aggressive. Money talks about it all the time. You don't want to go into the draft needing to draft somebody that's going to come in and have to start for you right from the get go. You want to be able to address your roster needs via free agency. Go out and address those needs so that you can go into the draft with a free mind and take the best guy you think is available.
Speaker 6: The underrated storyline or need or want in free agency for me is still middle linebacker. What is the status at Kaizier White? He was so critical to this defense each of the last two years. Is there a free agent out there who's a little younger and there are a number of them that are more twenty five twenty six years of age?
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 6: Or I'm putting on my oven mits right now, Wolf for an ultra hot take. Okay, you ready for this?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: What about Zamon Collins back in middle linebacker?
Speaker 1: Oh? Man, I like that. I like that.
Speaker 4: I didn't think about that. I will be honest with you, but that wouldn't be a bad way to go. Maybe try that out there. There are some free agents. Joy green Law, I'll take yeah, yeah, I'll take green Law. I'll'll throw him in there. Okay, that'd be That's gonna be a lot of money for green Law.
Speaker 6: Nick Bolton from Kansas City.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, all Bolden, I love him. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, come on, the Chiefs can't afford everyone, right, I mean, they gotta let somebody go over there.
Speaker 1: See Paulie.
Speaker 4: Bobby Wagner's out there, that's true, just saying yeah. I mean, oh my gosh, yeah, a little long in the tee.
Speaker 6: I mean, if Kalais Campbell can be thirty nine, then I guess Bobby Wagner can keep going. I guess it's all right.
Speaker 1: So you know what, I'll take Kalayis right now, Yeah, yes, right now.
Speaker 6: Absolutely special. Thanks Jim Imutracody Fincher, Matt Lazarus, Ron Wolfley on Paul KELBC, this has been a big red rage presented by Santan forward in Gilbert.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the big Red rage presented by Santan Bord and Gilbert right on the price, right on the corner of the Santan two to two Freeway.
Speaker 6: And valves stay.
Speaker 2: The Rage is brought to you by Arizona Cardinals Podcast. Visit Azycardinals dot com slash podcast.
Speaker 4: We're gonna see a little, big red rage football right here.
Speaker 2: This has been an exclusive presentation of the Arizona Cardinals Football clar