Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This He's Talking Cowboys Straining live from the Dallas Cowboys World Head Course at the Star in Frisco Streets.
Speaker 3: Seconds, got kids, textown.
Speaker 1: And now your hosts Isaiah Stanback, Nick Harris, John Mashoda, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 4: It's a wonderful Wednesday edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas and the SWBC studios.
Speaker 5: As we welcome you into a preview of the Cowboys defense versus the upcoming Philadelphia Eagles offense. We've got a lot to get into here over the next fourty five minutes.
Speaker 2: Glad you're with us, Talking Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 5: We've got Nick Harris, chom Manchoda, Isaiah stand back, Chrispy in the back of Kyle.
Speaker 2: You know, gentlemen, how we do in today?
Speaker 6: Doing good?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 6: Rangers are up three to one. Rangers up three tonight.
Speaker 5: Chance to close it out with big game Night on the mound. Nathan Valdi going for the Rangers. It's in Arizona.
Speaker 9: I know. Just wait till you come home.
Speaker 10: Uh, don't you want to go eleven and zer on the road.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, I about that.
Speaker 9: Care about the ring, buddy.
Speaker 2: Exactly get it done, exactly get the Ringea, you have to.
Speaker 11: Get on a flight to go celebrate, like you rather just drive to the crib and go celebrate. Yeah, or turn up in the locker room and then drive home.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 10: Again, if you should drive home and you're turning up.
Speaker 9: Yeah, any good idea? Yeah, exactly. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: They just want a world series. Those guys can afford an uber. Oh, make it work. It'll it'll happen.
Speaker 5: But I didn't know what the sponsor was, so I think so I don't even know. I don't know that. Actually I do know that one. I think it's an NFL thing. But yeah, cowboys quiet at the trade deadline. The Rangers' bats not so quiet in Game five or Game four.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about it a little bit.
Speaker 5: That's that's the number one news and note I would assume is the fact that the Cowboys are not doing anything or have not done anything and won't do anything. In terms of the NFL trade deadline. There's a lot of frustration amongst Cowboys fans.
Speaker 9: Are you frustrated, Kyle A little bit? A little?
Speaker 5: I don't think I'm as frustrated as everybody else. But I would have liked them to make a move. We've talked about this one hundred times.
Speaker 9: We did.
Speaker 5: I would like them to make a move. I would have loved them to make it. To speak, it's past tense. Now they didn't. I'm not saying that they're just completely done. Oh my gosh, let's pack this thing up, let's go home. There's a lot of people that are doing that.
Speaker 2: I saw one content creator that did do that. He said, he was like, it's.
Speaker 5: Never been more over than it has been that. Now that's not the case. There's a lot of games left to.
Speaker 7: People watch anything but the Cowboys. You could possibly think that maybe, but if you keep up with the rest of the NFL, it's kind of hard to sit there and think that anything's over right now.
Speaker 10: Yeah, nothing's everything.
Speaker 9: Is wide over.
Speaker 11: You still got a solid team. It's just you would just like we talked about yesterday, you would just like to see them just push things over the edge, just just just load up.
Speaker 9: Why not?
Speaker 2: And that was without other teams getting better too.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we didn't even talk about them. I mean, you can't control what other teams do. That's the reality. And you know, I was upset because of the lack of movement from the Cowboys organization. We don't know what was attempted, and we don't know what phone calls were made, what phone calls were received. I guess we should probably say because we don't make phone calls, but no, no, you know, but you know other teams. You can't control the teams. So I'm less concerned about the other teams. Now I can tip my hat off to the other teams for continuing to be aggressive and fitting feeling their voids and adding to depth to their rooms and creating more dominance in terms of personnel on their on their rosters. Kudos to them. We just would have liked to see that from Dallas Cowboys. So I know a lot of people. I know I posted something yesterday and I never post on Twitter's about to say X, I never post, but I had to post.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I was, I was angry. I was. I was angry.
Speaker 11: It was it was unsettling cause to see other teams just loading up and people are like, oh, you know, well you couldn't have got that guy because indivision, I'm not talking about getting those particular guys. I'm talking about making those particular those type of moves, like those guys were literally just boom. Let's let's take it over to Edge, Seattle boom, Philly boom?
Speaker 9: Who else?
Speaker 11: San Francisco, San Francisco boom, Buffalo Buffalo boom?
Speaker 9: Who else?
Speaker 8: One?
Speaker 9: Name another one? You know? So, I mean, I don't know. That's my frustration. I am.
Speaker 11: I am by no means saying that Dallas does not have what they need to be competitive to go chase a ring, not saying that at all. Let me lay that out there before anybody has any speculation. These guys still have a solid roster, but there is always always room to improve your roster.
Speaker 7: Can I ask you something from a player standpoint? Yes, what do you think it's like today in the locker room because they didn't make a move?
Speaker 10: Do you think that uh? Is it good? Bad and different?
Speaker 9: What do you think it's in? Different?
Speaker 11: It's business as usual. I mean it's one of those things where you look at elesh. Yeah, we sure could have used that or I wish we would have took our shot and oh, well, here we go, let's go to practice. You know, it's like this is what we got. Like, I'm good with what we have, but it would have been nice to have another juggernaut somewhere on this roster.
Speaker 7: Because the one I think of is just like of the notable players that moved most of the ones. I'm trying to think up top my head aur defensive lineman. And I don't see them needing a defensive lineman here, don't. I'm not saying I shouldn't say it that way. I could see them in the room thinking that they don't need anybody else in a defensive line. So them seeing, oh they didn't make a move, Well, we didn't need to make a move.
Speaker 10: We got the guys here.
Speaker 9: No, yeah, I think that's I believe that sentiment.
Speaker 11: But if you're on the team and you add another dog to your to your meeting room, nobody's gonna be like, oh, you know what I'm saying. Now you might be like, dang, I am my playing time just got cut a little bit. Or I guess what, I got to step my game up a little bit more. Otherwise I'm gonna lose some snaps. But nobody's ever going to be like, I can't believe they added more talent. I can't believe we're more dominant than we were yesterday.
Speaker 9: You know, nobody in San Francisco world is.
Speaker 7: I still think there's some guys on the team that are not even I can't speak necessarily this team, but teams have covered in the past where guys be like, I can't believe they that guy I could have done, you know, give me more opportunities and stuff like that. And as a professional athlete, there's a party I can understand.
Speaker 9: Why why that way?
Speaker 11: Why does Dallas' defensive line when it comes to you needing to pass against them?
Speaker 9: Why do they feel so confident.
Speaker 10: When when you're saying the opponent when.
Speaker 11: Opponent has to pass, why do they as a unit, the defensive line, Why do they feel so confident.
Speaker 6: Because of no interior pressure?
Speaker 9: Huh?
Speaker 6: Because of no interior pressure?
Speaker 2: Cowboys?
Speaker 11: Why cowboys confidence when you have to pass your way back in the game because waves waves right, I look next to me, he's a dog. I look next to me, he's a dog. When I got to come out, guess what dogs are coming in?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 11: Yeah, Like that's why. So that room together feels invincible. When it comes to the pass rush, they feel invincible. So that's what I'm talking about. When you start adding pieces to rooms, you start creating a level of confidence that can't be that can't be matched. Right right now, when you look at the interior defensive line, what team would you say has the best interior defensive line?
Speaker 2: Eagles?
Speaker 9: Eagles, hands down, And.
Speaker 11: They when they step on the field, I guarantee they're like, nobody's running against us.
Speaker 9: Like I looked at it, right, I looked at my lep. Yeah, no, they're not running against us. Guess what.
Speaker 11: And when I need a breather, I don't feel as if I have to keep going right and trying to exert myself past my ability to be able to continue to perform, because I can step out for a minute and know that my that my dogs are coming in the game. They're still going to perform too, right, So I could when I get tired, I don't feel bad taking a breather.
Speaker 9: And letting those guys go eat and then we just keep this whole thing going. Right.
Speaker 11: Everybody stays at over seventy five percent exertion, just good, right, Everybody positive, positive plays doubtless. I feel that they feel that same way when it comes to pass rush, right, but I don't think they feel that way in some of the other areas. Right when you look at the forty nine ers right now, the forty nine ers, they they just did with what the Eagles have done, except for they did it with pass rushers instead of doing it inter your guys, like like the Eagles have been focusing on the past few years, they focus on pass rushers. So now it doesn't matter if you shut down Bosa now, it doesn't matter if you shut down are set Now. You gotta worry about freaking Randy Gregory now, and you gotta worry about freaking Chase Chase Young. Like those are waves. And when you're as an office alignment, offensive lineman don't get to do what take a breather. They don't get to take a breather. They get no substitutes. Defensive linemen do. So defense alignment can stay fresh all the time based upon personnel groups and rotations. And they're going against office alignment that are continually losing productivity because they're getting or gas.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's a case by case basis.
Speaker 5: Because Micah Parsons on one end is going to say, man would have loved to have some other dogs in here, would have had some other guys in here. But if you're let's say, I'm looking down the list Sam Williams.
Speaker 2: Sam Williams is probably like, I can do that.
Speaker 5: I'm let me step up, give me some rocks, give me this, give me that same thing. I mean Jonathan Hankins right now, he's about as solidified as anybody on the interior of that defensive line. But further down the list of Nebell Gallimore might be like, give me some run, give me some run. Instead it's case by case. Maybe it's locker room by locker room. Because I think this team is different than any other team in the country, and vice versa. Every team in the country is different than every other team in the country as well. I feel like there was a pretty good indication that this team wanted somebody to come in at least one move something to shure up a spot of weakness, because it may not look like it now, but down the line, it's gonna come back, and there's gonna be a moment where somebody gets injured, where something happens in a long seventeen game NFL season, and somebody's gonna look up and say, man, I wish we would have made a deal at the deadline, And there were chances to do so position groups. Maybe not specific instances with trades, but position groups. The door was open to get a deal done.
Speaker 11: I had a conversation with my daughter this morning. She has a field trip today. Right we get where they are. They're going to the arboretum or something like that, right, fun, Oh, yeah, so they're going on a field trip. And I asked her, I say, do you have a good enough jacket? And she was like, oh, you know, it's not even cold. I'm like, okay, so you don't feel cold right now, but if should you need a jacket, you're not going to be in a position to have a jacket. Right So, right now you feel perfectly fine. But if you get cold, you're not in a situation because you did not prepare, right You did not prepare yourself, she said, be possibly.
Speaker 10: We're not doing this.
Speaker 11: For the partitional to be cold, to get ready.
Speaker 9: So Dallas, right now, they feel good.
Speaker 11: Dallas feels good right now about about certain aspects of their rock. However, should something happen, they are not prepared to wear the those storms.
Speaker 9: That's the reality.
Speaker 7: I do believe Mike McCarthy if he was here, he would argue with you about the Packers team that he won the Super Bowl with.
Speaker 10: He brings up all the.
Speaker 9: Time about how like that next man all that.
Speaker 7: Played a factor and other guys stepped up that maybe earlier in this season you didn't see a role for. And I'm only saying this stuff because I'm with you on ninety nine point nine percent of what you're saying. But I also don't think it sounds great on a podcast if everybody just agrees.
Speaker 10: So I'm just.
Speaker 7: Trying to play double baby get a little bit just to give you a little bit different perspective. But I'm just just so you know, like, yeah, I agree with just about every single thing that you've said the last two days about this. If you lose, Cowboys fans have every right to feel disappointed right now.
Speaker 9: If you lose Jonathan Hankins, what are you guys feeling?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Not great, that's great, The bubble's right.
Speaker 6: Fortunately you do have a guy like Massie Smith who's at least strong in there. But it's gonna be a learning curve.
Speaker 9: Like that would be a baptistm Is he ready to fit the void?
Speaker 11: By Jonathan Hanka, Now, so that's what I'm saying, Yeah, things like that, right, Like, there are position groups in this and on this roster where you're good right now, and you're you're crossing your fingers and you're praying and you're hoping and wishing that nothing happens, right and nobody wants anything to happen, but you're not prepared for if something does happen.
Speaker 5: Going off of something that John just brought up with the depth that was needed from McCarthy's Packers team, right and Super Bowl that they won, you they needed people to players to step up into new roles that weren't foreseen. Is it an encouraging thing or a not so encouraging thing to look at this team right now as they stand going into week nine saying that there's not really a whole lot of those guys that you expected or maybe didn't expect to come through that haven't stepped up yet. I think the number one guy would probably be Deron Bland, right, But even Deron Bland had five picks last year, he still showed last year that he was going to be a significant starter on this defense. The way he's done it this year is of course a surprise. But outside of that, name one guy that you didn't expect to come into the season and play a massive role and has done that, Marcus.
Speaker 10: Marquis Bell will clearly be the one.
Speaker 9: Only thing that was.
Speaker 7: About Because you mentioned Bland, I will say, at the cornerback position, if one of those corners were to go down and it looked like Jacksonville from last year, and you're just bringing in guys off the street, yeah, that's that's that's no people going back to this.
Speaker 10: You know a lot of people, right and no.
Speaker 2: The guys yeah yeah, and a.
Speaker 6: Lot of people aging again is he yeah?
Speaker 9: Interesting?
Speaker 5: Somebody on the text line from the four h four four said the Cowboys can still pick up both Scarborough, I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: While yeah, I like it.
Speaker 10: Sorry I cut you off about Marquis Bell.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, No, No, I was just saying Marquis Bell was another one.
Speaker 5: But that's that's probably the one, right because, like I said, deron Bland, you could argue that he already showed it last year. But is that an encouraging thing or a discouraging thing? The fact that you haven't had those names a rise. Yet the fact that I'm mean, we're seven games end of the year but still tend to go.
Speaker 6: I think it's not so necessarily guys a rising, and there are guys in positions to rise. Like we've talked about the running back situation, there's still an opportunity for Reco Doubtell to be able to prove to be a change of pace back. And sure, I like what Rico has done when he's been given opportunities, but I'd like to see more of those opportunities, and I'd like to see, you know, that kind of that carry split get a little bit more even, not not fifty to fifty by any means, but I'd like to see like a sixty five thirty five there, just because I want to keep Pollard fresh, as we've mentioned many times throughout leading up to the trade deadline, and potentially wanting to get Letterard Fournette and then he goes to the Bills. I'm trying to think of other guys. I mean, there's Mazzie Smith in the defensive interior. Again, that's just another instance of you know, he's gonna have to play up to that level and be the guy to be able to step into a role like that. Augie Gurito, Texas baseball head coach for long time thirty five forty years when a ton of college roal series, he always said famously, he's like a guy can't be a hero if you don't let him. So I want to see those opportunities for those young guys.
Speaker 7: Well, So for me, the position I look at as offensive line and that's where I have the biggest question marks. Just like we did go in the season about the depth, I will say that's a position. I didn't expect them to upgrade at the trade deadline. It just that's a position. Yeah, It's just it's it's not very likely though, that you're going to upgrade.
Speaker 9: I didn't. I didn't see that coming.
Speaker 7: On the offensive line to a level of what this team needs. And that's one spot where there are a lot of opportunities for some young guys to really step up. And I don't think up to this point we've seen those young players step up to where you feel like, oh, yeah, if one of these starters goes down for the rest of the season, one of these young guys are going to step in there and you're going to be fine. I think that you would probably have some pretty big concerns if that happened.
Speaker 11: What position groups outside of defensive line do you feel like if you lost a guy, lost a starter, a key contributor that you're like, yo, we feel good about next man up?
Speaker 10: Safe safety?
Speaker 9: Yeah, who comes in?
Speaker 2: Well, you just have Jane.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying i'd feel great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it makes you, it makes you thinner, but at least you're there, at least you have guys they can fill in this position.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying i'd feel great, but just based on history and how it went last year when this problem arose, quarterback, yeah it would be high on that list. But other than that, yeah, you have a point, just because the depth is not is not really thick with this team. San Francisco is experiencing that problem right now. They're having some key injuries in certain places and guys can't step up, and it's it's it's bothered them.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I mean it's a conversation. The deadline has now come and gone. We're done talking about it until, of course, a situation like that arises, and maybe there is a lack of depth at a certain position.
Speaker 2: But right now, you can't do anything about it. It's done.
Speaker 9: It's done.
Speaker 2: Let's move on. When we come back here on Talking.
Speaker 5: Cowboys, we're gonna preview the Dallas defense in what they have coming up against this Philadelphia offense. Plenty of weapons around the table, and then stick around of course, in the third segment, we'll hear about around the NFL with John Matchoda more Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 12: Right after this, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 13: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash fi G for you for details.
Speaker 8: Black Rifle Coffee Company serves premium coffee to people who love America. When you drink Black Rifle Coffee. You are directly supporting veterans, law enforcement, and first responders in your community. Black Rifles expert roasters love coffee almost as much as Texas loves football, so it makes sense that America's coffee partner with America's team. Go online at Black Riflecoffee dot com. Fuel up with the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. That's Black Riflecoffee dot Com. To fuel up.
Speaker 5: Today, Cowboys fans. After that move, We've just coined the term rowdy replay. Let's roll back the table.
Speaker 14: Okay, there's our mascot Rowdy cheering on the boys, and now he's on his phone on his Bank of America Mobile Banking app, staying on top of his finances with his virtual financial assistant Erica. Bank of America's digital tools are so impressive. Cowboys fans just can't stop banking. Learn more at Bank of America dot com. Slash can't stop banking Everkay.
Speaker 5: It's only available in the English language. Must download the latest version of the mobile banking app. Only available on Sole like mobile devices. Message in dat rags apply number FBIC.
Speaker 3: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the Show where I answer life's questions with an ice cold can of doctor Pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller.
Speaker 5: Would you, dear doctor, My friend supported me during a tough time.
Speaker 15: But what's the right gift that says thanks for being the shoulder.
Speaker 8: To cry out?
Speaker 3: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious Doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavorable do now, just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 2: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Back here on Talking Cowboys presented by a Black Rifle Coffee Company. This segment of the show is brought to you by Quaker Oats, a super trusted super food Quaker Oats official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gentlemen, I got a bit of an announcement. Bit of an announcement Next Tuesday, Next Tuesday. Not that announcement. Next Tuesday. We will be on the road for Talking Cowboys next Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Next Tuesday. Lease get some coffee, yes, because that's where we're gonna be. Black Rifle Coffee Company up in I don't know if they consider it Prosper or just North Frisco. But we're up the.
Speaker 9: Till b Rifle with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they said.
Speaker 5: I had a quote from our Black Rifle coffee representative.
Speaker 2: He's a great dude writer.
Speaker 5: He told me yesterday and I quote, you can have as much coffee as you want.
Speaker 9: Five right.
Speaker 2: Nice, but it's a whole thing.
Speaker 5: They're having the grand opening of a brand new brick and mortar show, brand new brick and mortar store of the toll Way. You can come and join us. We'll give you more details as we get closer, but we'll have our show same time time to nine forty five. We'll be live on site. Come stop by, plan on stopping buy next Tuesday up here in North Frisco Prosper area. I'll give you the exact address as we get down the line, but just keep that in mind.
Speaker 2: Should be fun coming up on Tuesday. All right, Let's take a look at this.
Speaker 5: Eagles offense, weapons, weapons everywhere they have that they certainly do. Aj Brown one of the best wide receivers, if not the best, in twenty twenty three in.
Speaker 2: Football right now. He has to be because he's putting up unbelievable no.
Speaker 10: Over Tyreek, what are we doing here?
Speaker 2: Okay, we can say NFC. We'll say NFC. Okay, we'll say NFC.
Speaker 9: Okay, that's the last nine games. What has he done?
Speaker 11: One hundred yards twenty five one hundred and twenty five plus yards in his last nine games?
Speaker 9: That's fair.
Speaker 2: Let me look back and forth.
Speaker 11: I'm taking Oh, I mean I love the explosives, Tyreek, No, I love this.
Speaker 2: Want to talk about that? No, a better receiver or.
Speaker 9: More explosive receiver. Those are two different conversations.
Speaker 6: Both of those conversations resulting me saying Tyrek co.
Speaker 2: AJ Brown has been doing things. Yes, I mean he is.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's that's the okay, So that right there, what we just did right there is the problem with this part of the business is that soon as you try and sit there and mention somebody else, it all of a sudden sounds like you're talking somebody else.
Speaker 10: Now, nothing on this side of the table ever said anything negative about A. J.
Speaker 2: Brown.
Speaker 7: He's a monster, awesome. Love to have him. Yes, I will take Tyreek Hill please.
Speaker 9: He changes the dynamic of the dets he does.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was loved sweet last week. It was like, man, I really like Pancakes. Like the first comment was like, why do you hate?
Speaker 10: But either way, Yeah, he's amazing.
Speaker 2: He's been incredible.
Speaker 5: DeVante Smith's been playing well, Jalen Hurts, Dallas Goddard, DeAndre Swift in the backfield. That's a new wrinkle that the Cowboys haven't seen just yet. I mean, there are guys to give them the football to. And then Isaiah, I know the way that you've talked about it in the past, this RPO game has given Dallas fits.
Speaker 2: Do you anticipate that again on Sunday?
Speaker 9: I do. Unfortunately I don't.
Speaker 11: The only team that Dallas has faced this year that remotely resembles what the Philadelphia Eagles in Arizona Arizona and that was just a smidget Yeah, I mean they literally just run a fraction of what Philadelphia's offense is. But as we talked about it that week, I told you what that offense was going to give them problem the defense tomorrow. But I mean, like I foresaw that being a problem against Arizona because they had a little bit of resemblance is what the Eagles do, and the Eagles, obviously here are the originators of it, So I foresee it still being a problem. I do believe that that you can find a way to slow it down. I don't know about shutting it down, but you could definitely slow it down. But Coach dan Quinn is gonna have to clearly communicate and get these guys to truly trust their responsibilities because with this type of offense, you want to do more like I want to stop that guy that's going over there, but it's not my job.
Speaker 9: It's not my job. I gotta stay here. I gotta stay here, even though Nick's not going anywhere.
Speaker 11: I gotta stay here, and I gotta look at Nick and I gotta make sure he doesn't do anything.
Speaker 9: But my eyes are looking over there like crap, he has the ball, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So like I'm the more dangerous.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I figure that much.
Speaker 11: But that's the challenge with this office playing against this offense, because you get caught trying to figure out what should I be doing? And if everybody just locks in on the responsibilities, that Coach dan Quinn and the rest of the defensive staff is gonna put on paper and say, hey, I just need you to worry about Kyle. Just just locking on Kyle, even if he doesn't do anything.
Speaker 9: Just just take care of him, right.
Speaker 11: That's the most difficult thing to just do your assignment right, just duy was it?
Speaker 9: Do I do your DYJ? Do you do your job?
Speaker 2: It's like, you do your job. It's the hardest thing.
Speaker 9: It's not about thinking. My mind works too fast, but DYJ, just do your job.
Speaker 11: But that's the most difficult thing because there's so much going on in the moment that you try to you know what, I'm gonna help him out.
Speaker 9: He needs some help.
Speaker 5: That's when you get got What do you think whenever you what what challenges this defense the most?
Speaker 2: Whenever you look at the Philadelphia offense.
Speaker 7: Probably no I would say that just there's gonna be so much talks about that. So I had to mention that real quick because I think it's funny.
Speaker 5: You see the the somebody clipped it and was Nick Sirianni staring at the camera in the press conn diference to them.
Speaker 2: He was trying to make a statement.
Speaker 5: He was like, if everybody could stop it, or if if everybody could do it you, they would like, we're the only ones I could do it that way, And then it showed them like getting stopped by Washington and the push got beat and.
Speaker 10: He bothers me.
Speaker 7: So I would say, and it's so funny too, because like you cover the Cowboys and people think that like you're a fan of the Cowboys and you hate the Eagles or and I'm because I have friends that are Eagles straight and stuff like that. I'm just like, there's nothing I dislike about the Eagles, Like they they're loaded. I love watching them play everything like that Syriani Sideline bothers me.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I would say that, Yeah, probably be the biggest thing.
Speaker 9: I would agree that the Oregon code.
Speaker 10: I can't get past. I can't get past.
Speaker 9: Extros.
Speaker 10: There's a moment that will always stand out.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 10: There's a moment that.
Speaker 7: Will always stand out to me from the Super Bowl, and it's you know, him trying to talk smack to the Chiefs and telling them to back up, and literally Jalen Hurts has got to tell him to like put his hand down, and it just was very like, I don't know, yeah, it's very like the only people that think this is cool are people that are just die hard fans of this team. There's no unbiased person watching this right now that does not think that this is just silliness, you know. So yeah, so sorry you brought that up, so it triggered me, no apologize.
Speaker 10: Yeah, ye yeah, no, obviously very good head coach.
Speaker 7: Everything about Jalen hurts is you know, because as Isaiah said, you know, and a lot of things that that Isaiah mentioned are things that the Cowboys didn't get in as detailed as he did after the game.
Speaker 10: But after that Arizona game, there was a.
Speaker 7: Lot of talk of what he said about a lot of that like not you know, trying to do more doing other than just your job, and things like that, and that is being done with the team that if you're putting their their players in line with what the Eagles have, it's not even close. I mean, for one, the Cardinals haven't even won. Sense to the Cardinals, the key player in all of that got traded yesterday in Dobbs, so it's not like they, you know. And so you look at the Eagles roster and there's just part of me that takes myself back to Arizona and thinks, so you're going to do something similar with considerably better players, Like I do think that the Cowboys will be more up for this game I do think there was a little coming into the Arizona game kind of maybe riding a little too eye off the first two games. I think they would just show up blow them out. I don't necessarily see that in this game. But I also think I also have my I wonder how they'll play from behind, because I don't think the Cowboys will get out to a leader early. That would be the recipe, obviously, is for them to get out to a leader early, make the make Philly play from behind, But I don't think that's going to happen. I think that Dallas is going to have to come from behind in this game, and this is going to be a tough team to do that.
Speaker 9: Again.
Speaker 7: So if you're the Cowboys defense, the biggest thing that I think you have going for you is that you're outstanding at taking the ball away, and this is a quarterback that you can take the ball from. And I find it hard to believe that if we sit here next week talking about a Cowboys win that it would not include multiple takeaways.
Speaker 6: Okay, I think there's a really good opportunity for a very specific defensive lineman coming into this matchup. Do we do we want to make any guesses. I like a guessing game.
Speaker 2: Do you like a guessing game? Very specific?
Speaker 5: Uh, I'm just gonna say, Mike Michael Parsons right off the jump, what do you think, d law?
Speaker 2: D law okay?
Speaker 9: Osa?
Speaker 6: It's Osa Okay. We've seen him take that next step in pass rush so far this season. Obviously, the run games are going to be a big part of what they try to do on Sunday afternoon, So being able to defend the run probably most important. But when you look at the offensive line for Philly and what they've had to kind of do at right guard and do a little bit of juggling, there's a really good opportunity for him to hone in on his pass rush as well. Again, I want to see him get home. I think he can be. I think he can be the aggressor and kind of setting that tone for the defensive line on Sunday because when you look at that offensive line, man, they are they are stacked. They do a really good job both on the outside and the interior. With that one little hole at right guard, it's been it's been kind of mix stuck for them as the season has gone on. So I think Oh said to Gizua, you get him in there, he has his best game of the season. I think that generates a couple of turnovers.
Speaker 5: One of the texts from the two to three says Dak will use his legs and keep the Eagles offense on the bench and lead the Cowboys to victory on Sunday.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 5: I mean, I like the thought process here. But Jalen Hurts can use his legs as well. And that's where I feel like Osa Digizua has to be stout in the middle of that defense. I think it's the way that he he helps anchor when he's not really been the anchor. He needs to continue to control the line of scrimmage, not be pushed backwards.
Speaker 2: Isaiah has broken it down.
Speaker 5: I think fifty times on film rohim the last four years since we've been doing it. Of guys getting washed off the line of scrimmage. Osa can't afford to do that. Jonathan Hankins can't afford to do that on Massi Smith, Nevill Gallimore, Chauncey Golston, whoever is in there, cannot afford to get washed off the line of scrimmage. If you can control the line of scrimmage, it at least gives the guys around you a chance to make a play, even with the misdirection and with some of the reads that they're gonna have to be.
Speaker 11: I do agree with you in the sense that I believe that the greatest playmakers have to come for the interior defensive line. I think it has to be Osa or Jonathan Hankins. I think either one of those guys. I'm on board with it. Because teams that like to do a lot of misdirection right, they're typically pulling guards and pulling tackles and running tight ends across the formation and just criss crossing all the time. The one thing that disrupts all that is interior disruption. If you have a guy in the middle that blows it up. Guys can't pull, guys can't run there, they can't cross the formation, they can't do any of those things that they want to do. It really causes a lot of issues. Now, the defensive ends, obviously are always these offenses are made to stop the feet of defensive defensive ends. So d law Michael parsons, their eyes are going to be all over the place, right, that's the most difficult thing. But if you have some dogs in the middle that can literally disrupt and blow up the interior offensive line. And now all of a sudden, their yard in the backfield and tight ends are getting bumped off right, and guards can't pull. Now all of us sudden, they can't run their offense. You gotta remember they changed offensive coordinators and I think he's just now starting.
Speaker 9: What's his name, His.
Speaker 10: Name is Johnson, Yeah, Brian Johnson.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Brian Johnson's a new officer coordinator.
Speaker 10: Right was stacks quarterback coach at Missippi State.
Speaker 11: There you go, Okay, so he's just now starting to figure out how to get this offense to move. You remember they had some early season struggles in terms of offense because they had office coordinator change.
Speaker 9: Okay, office coordinator left, he went to the Colts.
Speaker 11: But now Brian Johnson, he's now the guy, and he's just now I think he's just now starting to get some tread on the tires in terms of Okay, I'm figuring this thing out in terms of play calling, because early on everybody was trying to figure out what's different. The weapons are the same, you know, this offense is the same, but something's just off. Well, he wasn't really calibrated with those guys yet, but I think he's starting to catch tread. But if you could disrupt what's going on in terms of what he knows is tried and true, I think you can cause a lot of confusion for him. And now all of a sudden, you get him outside of what they typically should be doing and he starts trying things out, and that's how you can get these guys off guard.
Speaker 7: Would you have Micah rushing up the middle more in this game or keep the plan pretty similar to what you do against other teams with him where he's predominantly out on the edge.
Speaker 11: I want him on to itch. Yeah, I want him on to itch. I just think that you asked the law to be de law, and de Law has been very productive. But I think the law has to be a mad man.
Speaker 9: I really do.
Speaker 11: I didn't say Micah because I expect Micha to play at a certain level. DE law has d Law has very effective. It is very effective in what he does, but I need him to be a complete just mad man on Sunday. And if you have both of those guys just blowing things up, I'm talking about restricting the holes, condensing everything now all of a sudden, you can get them to play a game that they really don't want to play.
Speaker 9: And I'm I'm less concerned.
Speaker 11: I'm less concerned about Jalen Hurts trying to get out the pocket and force something to happen than it then it actually being designed. So I think if you can get them outside of themselves again by disrupting what the officer coordinator wants to do, by blowing everything up in the middle, stopping the runs, shutting down Swift and inside like you've been doing the most running backs, and not allow these guys to get that running portion of their game going. Now all of a sudden, they're going to start trying to search. Right now, they're searching, And now that's the game that you want to play. If you had to shut down one aspect of the game, you want to get ready to run, because even though they do a.
Speaker 9: Great job, they have great receivers.
Speaker 11: All those days Jalen Hurts get thrown a run, you still would much rather have Michael Parsons chasing down Jalen Hurts as he tries to throw the ball than allow him Swift to freaking run the ball up the middle.
Speaker 9: I think you would yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would much rather have that as an option because at least it gives you a shot and it could possibly force you into a takeaway too, because if you force Jalen Hurts into a bad decision, he's going to throw an interception.
Speaker 2: He's had eight picks this year.
Speaker 5: You go one of the top interception throwers in the NFL at the moment as we go into Week nine.
Speaker 2: So the opportunity is there.
Speaker 5: You got to stand strong upfront to give the opportunity for everything else to grow from there.
Speaker 2: So it should be a fun one defensive matchup.
Speaker 5: We'll talk about it a little bit more on Friday as well when we get into our.
Speaker 2: Specific key matchups with Nick Harris.
Speaker 5: But when we come back, we take a look around the NFL with John Joda from The Athletic.
Speaker 2: We're going to talk about it.
Speaker 5: JM takes us around the NFL when we come back with more Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 15: Right after this, they say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, Hater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 8: Are you ready to take coffee off your grocery list forever? Black Rifle Coffee Club is here to help. As a Coffee Club member, you'll get your favorite coffees, roasted package and ship to your door free of charge on your preferred schedule. Set it, forget it, and never run low on coffee again. Members also get exclusive deals on coffee products and discounts from partner brands. Ease your mind and let Black Rifle worry about your coffee supply. Go to Black Rifle Coffee dot com to join the Coffee Club today.
Speaker 5: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and Right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus, Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 2: The Jack Black.
Speaker 5: Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 12: Tod thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 13: Five G requires compatable planning device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com Slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 2: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Back here on Talking Cowboys final segment from the SWBC studios at the Star in Frisco. The segment is brought to you by invisil Line, the official Smile of the Dallas Cowboys with Isaiah Stanback Job, Choda, Nick Harris, Chris Beam, Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: All right, John, what are we looking at around the NFL?
Speaker 7: I mean, I think the biggest story, and might even be bigger than it probably is than the moves that happened during the trade deadline, are that late last night, I'm about to go to bed and all of a sudden, I see that the Raiders fired head coach Josh McDaniels and general manager Dave Ziegler and had a statement and everything.
Speaker 10: And this comes on the.
Speaker 7: Heels of many people thinking that they would have traded DeVante Adams or made some more moves after losing Monday night to the Lions, and really.
Speaker 10: Just you don't see a lot of things like.
Speaker 7: This happened, especially right during the trade deadline, the GM and the head coach and then to have a statement out and everything like that late at night just pretty wild from that perspective. So I just know if you guys had thoughts on that, because to me, I was stunned. I mean, I guess I shouldn't be just because of where this Raiders team was going, but just because it was right at the trade deadline or.
Speaker 10: Right after it.
Speaker 7: I should say it was a little surprising to see that news come in late at night.
Speaker 6: I'm surprised they jumped ship that early. And the timing of it is definitely weird. Not only the trade deadline, but you're coming off a Monday night game against one of the better teams in the NFL and you hung with them for a little bit. It's not like you got blown out of the water, and you still have really good pieces on that team. DeVante Adams, Josh Jacobs, Jimmy G's led a team to a super Bowl. They're only a half game out of second place in the West. That the timing was weird for me. And now they're paying an ungodly amount of money to both Josh McDaniels and John Gruden to not be their head coaches right now, so it's going to make their next search a little bit more interesting.
Speaker 11: I wasn't surprised. I really wasn't surprised. You're thinking about the Davis family and the things that they've always done. When they're done with you, they're done with you, right, I mean, that's just fast, right, That's one thing I do respect about them, right when they make a decision. They make a decision, whether it's right, wrong, and different, whether you believe it or not, whether you agree, they make a decision, they stand behind it.
Speaker 9: And I think that they needed to send a message to this team.
Speaker 11: They truly needed to send a message to this team because anybody who's been keeping an eye on the Raiders, this team, they've been losing the locker room.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 11: Josh McDaniels has never had the locker room of any locker room, I don't think in the history of everdom. So when you see him become a head coach, I think, if you're on that team, you're like, oh crap. You know, he just has not had a lot of success. Nor have you ever heard anybody yelling at the mountaintops about how great of a head coach he is. So I think that was an error. I think they forced that off the heels of the Gruden situation. I think they just went with something just to kind of steady the ship.
Speaker 7: And I don't, truly I don't think that was going to improve their chances of getting Tom Brady. No, no, no, no, no, no, you know, hey, hold on, I mean none, no, I don't want to say.
Speaker 2: Hold back on that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean so, I mean, hats off to them for making a decision standing on it, knowing cutting bait, right, Sometimes you gotta cut bait. Sometimes you're gonna lose some money. We talked about this in reference to to draft picks yesterday leading up to the trade deadline. Sometimes you're going to take a short term ail for you know, in terms of finances or salary caps or whatever, in terms in order to have the long run. And I think that's where this Raiders organization is. They were losing Davante Adam, Max Crosby's name had came up in trades, which is insane, right, So it's like some of your key pieces, guys who were tried and true loyals all get out.
Speaker 9: We're well respected around the league. You were starting to lose those guys.
Speaker 11: And if you lose those guys, then you lose all the leadership on your team. And this whole thing has this whole ship has been ran into the ground, honestly over there since they built the new the new stadium. It's a beautiful stadium, it's an amazing stadium, but the team has not been led. Yeah, since that, since that happened, and I think they want to get on track.
Speaker 6: And the small layer added to the frustration they're really quick is the fact that both of their first their first two draft picks have not been well, Like Tyrie Wilson has struggled bad and Michael Mayer he's only found his stride once this season, which has really surprised me. I think that's more of a developmental thing because Michael Mayor hasn't and then Tyrie Wilson has been awful when he's seen the field, So that's probably.
Speaker 9: Part of the frustration.
Speaker 6: Like imagine if there was a losing going on here three and five or whatever, it would be like, well, and you know, look at Mazzie Smith, you know, and it would just be like the.
Speaker 11: They they had some off the field stuff too with some of their other guys with the organizations.
Speaker 9: So sure, I mean, yeah, they need they need a new direction.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not surprised by the move. I think the way that it happened and the timing that it happened is kind of interesting. I Mean, you think about when the GM position is needed the most, and it's not the number one day on the NFL calendar, but it's very high up there. Trade deadline day is a big day for NFL gms, and the fact that maybe teams wanted to deal for DeVante Adams and couldn't get a hold of him because he was, you know, packing his desk up might have been one thing that I mean, that's just a weird, weird timing for it, But I get needed to make a move, maybe the head coaching thing. But you also, now that I'm even talking through this, you never want to allow out a GM that's on his way out the door to make a move that can hamstring.
Speaker 9: You for the rest of your Yeah.
Speaker 2: The next tenure of whoever's about the replace.
Speaker 11: I mean, if you're trying, if Devonte Adams is your cornerstone on offense and Max Crosby is your cornerstone on defense, and the ship was going a direction that was going.
Speaker 9: If you don't pull a move like that, what are you.
Speaker 5: Telling them that they just just hold on, just hang on, just just hang on.
Speaker 11: Trust me, trust me, We're gonna get this thing right. No, no, you're not getting it right now. You fired a head coaching the GM in the middle of the season, even though you're in the striking distance of leading the division and guess what they know. Now, Okay, all right, you're serious about this. Okay, I'm not gonna jump shave up yet. I was about to jump off right about to Adham.
Speaker 9: You see him the other day.
Speaker 11: He was about to jump on right. So now he's like, all right, let me wake this thing. Let me see what you guys, what y'all talking about?
Speaker 5: Because Isaiah's admin voice, right, he gets laughing and was about that.
Speaker 11: He was about to implode. If he was a cartoon character on Looney Tunes.
Speaker 9: He had to lab.
Speaker 7: And I agree with you, But in watching that game, I do have to say that when you sat back just now acting like, yeah, he's he can at least be cool with it. Part of the reason he's throwing his helmet is because of the quarterback play and that and that didn't get fixed last night.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that.
Speaker 9: Didn't get fixed.
Speaker 11: But but these guys were the reason why his guy is no longer at quarterback.
Speaker 10: That's true.
Speaker 11: So you want to communicate something to him, Yeah, that's saying, Hey, that's on me. It's my fault for letting these guys make a decision. Because we know why you came here. We know you came here to play with your boy, and now we got rid of your boy because of these two guys. So we're sorry, We're sorry. We're gonna we'll fix this in a little bit. But hey, I have to do this so that you know that I'm trying to fix this. I can't keep these guys in place until you on the side. Hey, we're going to take care of you on the back and just get through the season. Like, no guys are hearing.
Speaker 2: That now they want to win.
Speaker 9: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 6: They also just fired the OC like thirty minutes ago.
Speaker 9: Whooah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so they're completely clearing house.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The other thing that whenever I try and put these headlines together, the other thing I was trying if there's anything NFC East related, I feel like fans care about that, probably a little bit more than maybe what's going on in Arizona. So we talked a little bit about the trade deadline obviously early in the show, but I wanted to talk specifically real quick about the Commanders and just the fact that you know there's new ownership there.
Speaker 10: They make these moves.
Speaker 7: They trade Sweat to Chicago for a second rounder, They trade Chase Young to San Francisco for a third so now they have next year they have a one, two, two's, two threes, and then their fourth, fifth, sixth, and seven. So it just seems like, especially because the ownership you know, has ties with the Philadelphia seventy six ers, it does seem like that they are just this is going full rebuild type thing. And the Cowboys haven't played Washington yet. So there's a part of you that, if you're a Cowboys fan, you got to be like, well, this looks good for these next two games again them, especially because there's been times last year, last game of the regular season where they've been a little bit of a thorn in your side. So there's part of you that must that probably likes that. But then the other part is you have to be somewhat concerned that what if they get this right and what if they hit on these draft picks and they turn this thing around.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 7: The only reason I use this as an example is just because it's been a while since the Commanders have been a team where you're just if you're following the Cowboys that you're looking at them that like, oh yeah, we got to worry about them. It just it's been a little so maybe this heads it in the right direction. But for this season, I know that they would probably hate to see Chase Young go to a team that Cowboys probably will have to go through in the postseason. But you see, I wanted to get your guys' thoughts on them really making those two key moves and then what it means for them going forward.
Speaker 5: I thought it was really interesting, Jonathan Allen, and you broke it down one of the national segments a couple of weeks ago, just bleep it, he bleep, believe, bleep it the bleep about how he's tired, sick time, tired of losing. And then just a couple of weeks later, they trade his two running mates, I mean, Chase Young and in sweat or out the door, and now he's all alone, just sitting in Washington currently.
Speaker 10: So I mean, I don't know, they're like, Jonathan, you think it's bad right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just wait, just wait wait.
Speaker 11: I think this is more about getting some resources for Eric Banamy. You don't go out there and acquire Eric Banamy to leave him a situation he's in. So I think that you're going to say, hey, all of our investments rented this defensive line, right and these guys are good. They're really good. But guess what, these guys aren't scoring us any points. All of a sudden, we have probably the one of the greatest offensive minds in football that's now on our team.
Speaker 9: Let's get him some Let's get him some help.
Speaker 5: You said it when we were watching the game the other day, when they were cutting in with Philly and Washington highlights. You said, hey, Eric, b enemy is not going to be bad in Washington forever. He's going to find a way to make some plays and piece that thing together. It may not happen this year, but it might happen down the road if you're able to hold on to him.
Speaker 10: It's interesting.
Speaker 7: I'm glad you brought that up because so I guess I didn't think of it from that perspective. So I was thinking that maybe it's going to be a full clean out after the season.
Speaker 10: But you guys don't think that.
Speaker 5: They didn't get rid of any offensive pieces. They didn't get rid of Terry mclaurins is.
Speaker 11: Give him Eric Banamey and say hey, we got you. Like, we know you're trying to figure it out, but hey, this offseason, we promise you we're going to give you all the assets that you need to go out there and turn this offense into as much as possible with what we've seen you do down in Kansas City.
Speaker 5: It may be one of those kind of halfway rebuilds, like where they rebuild the defense with draft picks and then split some of those draft picks with the offense and try and find you number one.
Speaker 6: They're going to have to go take a quarterback.
Speaker 2: They got to go find a quarterback.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And it.
Speaker 6: Could be a situation too where they look up and see where their current draft positioning is at whatever record that they have, and be like, hey, let's let's trade away a couple of years trying to lose a few games and get higher on that draft list. Because I think once you get after pick fourteen, you're you're looking at a second round.
Speaker 2: Type quarterback like quarterback class, but it is.
Speaker 6: But I think your best scenario after pick fourteen would be like quin yours. I think Penix goes above fourteen.
Speaker 2: Right now, what about our receiver?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I just think it would be so funny.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it'd just be so funny if Michael Penix goes to the rival and you have to sit there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well, he already plays for Washington.
Speaker 10: Look at that.
Speaker 2: But that's what you did that Washington.
Speaker 5: The Commanders would currently hold the eleventh pick in the draft if the season ended today with their three and five records, So they've got a little bit of a ways to go to be in really the sweepstakes to go get a quarterback.
Speaker 11: But I mean, but you by acquiring picks, that always gives you leverage for negotiations.
Speaker 9: Sure, yeah, always, So it's not a bad movie.
Speaker 11: Either you have negotiating power or you have power to go out there and just as symbol and start assimbling your squad for the future.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's the other part.
Speaker 7: I was thinking, like just when I saw the list of all the picks that they had, I'm like, are they picking all with these guys or is this AMMO to kind of put together to possibly move up, because, like you mentioned, if you're gonna do that, it's it's probably for that quarterback.
Speaker 5: So you think about out the fact that Chicago traded that second round pick for Sweat. That's a high second round pick. Right now, that pick is sitting at thirty.
Speaker 10: What do they do for Chase Clay two A second?
Speaker 9: That's okay?
Speaker 6: That organization makes no sense to me. Yeah, it makes no sense to me if.
Speaker 2: It was a twenty five second.
Speaker 6: It feels like an eleven year old playing like Madden GM.
Speaker 10: And it will be Madden GM when they get Caleb Williams.
Speaker 5: And yeah one because they still have two and three in the draft.
Speaker 2: But yeah, very interesting across the board.
Speaker 10: They one right now, Arizona.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, Arizona's got the number one.
Speaker 11: Yam in Chicago's been doing a good job since he got there, since he took over that position, he's been positioned. He missed on the claypool. But other than that, I don't know.
Speaker 2: They've won a lot of games.
Speaker 9: I'm just saying. I'm not saying for this like this year.
Speaker 11: I'm talking about like in terms of his position, what he's doing building this.
Speaker 9: This roster towards the future. Sometimes it's not the same year type of deal.
Speaker 6: I'm not spending a second round pick on Monto Sweat.
Speaker 2: That's just me personally.
Speaker 6: No, maybe, but everybody, every dog has everybody here, I guess.
Speaker 7: Or what's the high she would have went, like a third or you wouldn't even do a third.
Speaker 6: I don't love Montes Sweat. I think I should probably preface, but I'd go like a fourth Okay, yeah, but that's me not loving Montes swe.
Speaker 10: What would you have done for Chase Young?
Speaker 6: Chase Young, I would you could have talked me into a second, I think just because he's still young, and he was in a situation early in his career where he wasn't be able to he wasn't on the field because of injuries, or he was not able to he wasn't able to produce just in general. So there's a lot of hope still there for Chase Young. And I'm not saying there's not hope with Montest Sweat. I just think the talent level is obviously.
Speaker 5: The talent level is more significant with Young, but the availability of Sweat has been much better than Young across the years. But watch now that he's in a competitive organization, he's with this defensive front, he's with the guys around him, some of those ailments that have kept Chase Young out of ball games in the past is just gonna float off into the distance and he's going to be available quite a bit.
Speaker 2: He's going to be.
Speaker 10: Cutting into Randy Gregory's time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what's happening. That's exactly what's happening. Remember when we thought that was gonna be something, No nobody ever thought that was gonna be anything, all right, anything else. That's national news and notes. We got to get out of here.
Speaker 5: We got Cowboys storyline coming up at ten am Central time. You can get on the phone lines now eight eight eight eight five five two two ninety seven to talk with Nick Eatman about this Philly and Dallas matchup. We'll be back tomorrow nine am Central Time previewing the Cowboys defense or Cowboys offense versus the Philly defense with a little.
Speaker 2: Bit of QB vision.
Speaker 5: So we'll have the full scouting report from Isaiah Standback and we'll continue looking ahead to this week nine matchup for Chris Beam, Isaiah Standbank, John Mitchoda, Nick Harris, I'm Kyle Yeoman saying so long from the Star on Frisco.
Speaker 2: We'll see you tomorrow with more Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.