Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central.
Speaker 2: It's spring break time. I know many of our college aid viewers are watching us right now from the vomit strewn comfort of a day's in in Panama City, but I want to let you know out there there are dangers lurking in the seemingly innocent world of underage bacchanalia. A new study by the American Medical Association reports of female spring Breakers passed out, half got sick, and thirteen percent had sex with more than one partner, but only after a gang of crafty nerds rewired the sign at the Hotel coral essex.
Speaker 3: Nerd Lord.
Speaker 4: Lords.
Speaker 2: Even though you shout nerds, they keep with their tomfoolery. Even more shocking, ten percent of female spring Breakers had public or group set that they later regretted, which means ninety percent had public or group sex that in hindsight they were really glad they did.
Speaker 4: We like you the odds.
Speaker 2: Psychologist Robin Goodman told CBS the early show debauchery is a major issue.
Speaker 5: Although sex and drugs have been going down in the population of teenagers, for girls, that's going up. Girls are really now catching up to boys, and some of these bad behaviors and fun. Unfortunately is morphing into dangerous at times.
Speaker 2: How dangerous a problem is it? But to put it in perspective, this is the story that it came right in front of Jenny.
Speaker 6: Let's good, Robin Goodman, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: I'm next going to talk about fat pets.
Speaker 7: That's pretty dangerous.
Speaker 2: College girls gone bad, overweight Kuckispaniel switching gears to travel. You know, at this time of year, many young people have a particular tourist destination on their minds. Tonight, Dan Baccadal heads south to join in the fun.
Speaker 6: It's spring in Florida, and that means one thing.
Speaker 8: Spring break is a great marketing opportunity for Corporate America.
Speaker 6: Woo my Gt. Spright rag. Yes, it's the time of year when marketers from every corner of the country head to the beach to let their hair down and take in the natural beauty of the eighteen to twenty four year old demographic.
Speaker 8: The advantage of marketing at spring break is that you have students who are in a social environment and so atmosphere that were running off the class but kind of have time to look at products.
Speaker 9: Right. So, on college campuses there's only a fifty percent chance they're going to be stoned and impressionable.
Speaker 6: Here you gotta guarantee.
Speaker 8: I don't know if you're guaranteed they're all going to be wasted.
Speaker 7: They're pretty wasted.
Speaker 8: There certainly is a fair amount of alcohol consumption at spring break.
Speaker 6: High five.
Speaker 7: Right on.
Speaker 9: All that booze helps the students explore sophisticated new sense, make lifelong commitments to credit cards, and romp around on the National Guards realistic inflatable Iraq war simulator.
Speaker 6: But surprisingly some fine reason to complain.
Speaker 10: I find it absolutely despicable that here we are on the beach with college students, eighteen year olds, barely old enough to vote, never had a job, and here are the credit card companies preying upon their naivete, giving them more credit that they can ever afford to pay back.
Speaker 11: Whatever.
Speaker 10: NERD, I like to think of myself as a conscientious acting nerd.
Speaker 6: We you know, we don't like nerd, but the kids themselves are way into it.
Speaker 9: Sub dudes, what's going on?
Speaker 6: You just hanging out consuming some goods and services?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Hey dude, yeah, what do you say we bust out here? Go get some low interest debt refinancing.
Speaker 13: Ah, nah, I don't want to do that.
Speaker 6: Come on, man, it's spring break.
Speaker 7: I do not look around. You want to go out and get debt financing? Yes, man, you should do that.
Speaker 6: Man, you're wasting your spring break.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I'd rather just get drop.
Speaker 7: And have fun.
Speaker 6: Hey, thank you. Get the dude. Dude, I totally got her number in a pretty good sense of her purchasing power. Spring Break marketing is a success because people like mister you know exactly what kids like.
Speaker 8: We really want to show them that a brand understands them as an individual.
Speaker 6: Let's pretend I'm a co ed on spring break and you try to market to me.
Speaker 8: Okay, hi there, how are you enjoyed that?
Speaker 6: You're stupid?
Speaker 7: Why are you wearing that?
Speaker 8: I don't think you make a very good imitation?
Speaker 6: Oh what I have to show my just gets free?
Speaker 7: Stop?
Speaker 8: No, okay, I don't think this is make me very comfortable.
Speaker 6: This co ed was sold. I was gonna have the ultimate spring break first stop free roto v mentholated eye drops. It's like a fire and ice in my eyeballs. Then it was time to wash it all down with some complimentary fruit flavored to sani jo.
Speaker 13: I've never done that much free water in my life.
Speaker 6: I soon found myself signing things i'd never sign at home, Master Card, sprink break. Yeah. Sadly, my spring break ended like everyone else's twenty nine point nine percent APR.
Speaker 9: What have they done?
Speaker 6: The only way to cure this hangover was to get drunk and bang some eighteen year olds Dan bacadal over right.
Speaker 3: Back, Yeah, South, sound out sound sound sounds out, Yes, spread rag man, sound.
Speaker 6: The world around us.
Speaker 2: Let's be honest, We've got some of our own problems right here in America.
Speaker 14: Every year, thousands of college students packed their bags. They head to the beach and beach destinations for the most coveted week of the year at spring Break. We continue to expose what's really going on in spring break in America.
Speaker 2: Yes, America's oldest hall monitor, Sean Hannity, dedicated not one, not two, but five different shows on the horrors of spring Break, including the entire hour on Friday, featuring a paddel of outrage experts there to expose this annual event. You will believe what they found, because.
Speaker 14: You know, you have people having sex on the beach in.
Speaker 10: Public, the abundance of the OVID drinking these young ladies who are disgracing themselves by running around acting like that.
Speaker 4: Women take the tops off dead young girls standing on the box with no bottom on.
Speaker 6: These sloppy, drunken dudes down.
Speaker 14: There, guys were literally taking the pantsil. Yes, was high as a kite, a lot of drinking, drugs, risky behavior, sometimes with tragic results.
Speaker 2: Shortly after filming that piece, that young woman out her left but cheet doctor say she may never t work again. Perhaps she'll have to file for trkmen's comp. So you did a week of shows on this What wisdom did the panel impart?
Speaker 6: My daughter, There's no way in hell she's going there.
Speaker 2: Well that makes sense. I assume the same goes for your sons.
Speaker 6: But with my sons, I hope they have a great time. Men and women are equal, but we're different. If I had a college son, I'd say, here's one hundred bucks. Have fun.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's just all agree that that is sexist and just move on to the more pressing issue. Here one hundred bucks. He's going to spring break, not Dave and Busters. Look you're gonna get a call three hours into spring break. Hey, thanks for one hundred bucks.
Speaker 6: It got me to Delaware.
Speaker 4: Now I'm just.
Speaker 2: Sitting here blowing truckers trying to get down to Tampa. I don't know what I'm gonna have to do to get a home.
Speaker 5: Tell MoMA, mama.
Speaker 2: Now, some of the more skeptical viewers might think this is less of a news story and more of a reason to spend a week running wildly inappropriate TNA footage alongside pundits tisking said footage. But you'd only be ninety nine point nine percent right, you see, this is also an in depth cautionary tale about what can happen when children aren't properly raised.
Speaker 1: Where are their parents is what I want to know.
Speaker 14: Harns today really needs to get a grip on what's going on.
Speaker 4: It's up to the parents to instruct the kids.
Speaker 10: It's time for parents to start parenting.
Speaker 14: It really down in parents.
Speaker 2: What kind of rotten, neglectful parents would allow their kids to even go on spring break?
Speaker 1: One time, I went to cancun in college.
Speaker 8: I went to Acapoca and I went to South Beach.
Speaker 6: I went to Auburn University in the South and spring break was huge for all of us.
Speaker 7: I went to Syracuse University.
Speaker 4: It was a party school.
Speaker 14: I had a great time.
Speaker 4: I went on spring break. I went to Panama City in nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 6: I was at Sharky's. I may have gotten over served one or two nights.
Speaker 14: I've been at the Flora Bama.
Speaker 4: I've been down there.
Speaker 14: You know all those I know all those places, right right?
Speaker 7: You do?
Speaker 2: So what kind of parents let their kids go to spring break?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 6: Your parents? So you just don't want kids today?
Speaker 12: Do you?
Speaker 2: Clearly don't want kids today doing the terrible things you have such fond memories of doing. And I guess if they are going to do it, there is one thing you would like them to know they're doing it wrong.
Speaker 14: What we used to do when we were young. Put a boom hoole, hold it up, open it up, and that would's calling shotguns.
Speaker 7: Shoot that cop.
Speaker 6: This is called ahead funnel.
Speaker 7: They have to lean back.
Speaker 15: It opens up their throat and then the beerful literally.
Speaker 4: Chloe, and that's just walking upend your knees a little bit. That's the whole trip.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 13: Then you need a little bit.
Speaker 15: Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Show them how terrible it is. That's honestly the weirdest week at TV. I've ever seen, but perhaps there's always the best advice on staying safe came from Fox News liberal Robert Beckle.
Speaker 1: I used a lot of cocaine in my life, and I've got good cocaine and bad cocaine.
Speaker 11: I'll guarantee you the stuff they're selling down here is bad.
Speaker 12: So remember, kids, stay in school.
Speaker 2: Get better parents, and don't go to spring break. But if you do, bring your cocaine from home. I can't stress this enough. When you go on spring break, bring the cocaine you use at home, the cocaine you trust. And that's the more you do blow.
Speaker 3: Let's kick things off with spring Break, the one week a year when college students drink and party. This is now the second year that spring Break has fallen during coronavirus, but things are a little different now. At this time last year, many people hadn't started taking the pandemic seriously yet. But this year, they've stopped taking the pandemic seriously too soon.
Speaker 12: The spring break state of emergency Overnight, more chaos from Miami Beach, a wild weekend of mostly maskless people packing the streets, police shooting pepperballs to disperse the crowd, setting off a stampede. More than a thousand people arrested there. Since the start of spring.
Speaker 15: Breaks, Maskless crowns descended into the entertainment district over the weekend, dancing on colors, drinking in the streets.
Speaker 9: Defying an eight pm curfew issued Saturday.
Speaker 15: Tourists have been packing this popular spring break destination since February, back when Florida's Governor Ron de Santis declared the state of quote oasis of freedom from coronavirus restrictions.
Speaker 7: Governor Ron de Sants's making the flue date no mandate. We could come ass and club.
Speaker 11: One guy dressed as the Joker climbed on top of a car with an American flag, tossed dollar bills and declared COVID's over.
Speaker 3: Oh oh wow, the new Snyder cut is weird as hell. But let's be clear here, COVID is not over all right, Some random dude can't declare the end of the pandemic by dressing up like the Joker and making it rain.
Speaker 7: It's not a thing.
Speaker 3: Only doctor Fauci can declare the end of the pandemic by dressing up like the Joker and making it rain. And look, you can't totally blame the masculist partying on college students. I mean, this is what's gonna happen after Florida's governor called the state a quote freedom oasis. Like if I put a Starbucks sign above my apartment door, I can't be mad when people show up and try to take a shit in my bathroom. But still, there's no reason that you can't celebrate spring break and wear a mask.
Speaker 7: It can even be part of the fun. I mean, just think about how sexy a wet mask contest could be.
Speaker 6: Hmmm.
Speaker 7: I mean, we haven't seen mouse in the year. What's under there?
Speaker 2: M m?
Speaker 3: And if we've learned anything from Miami, this is just a preview of how much everyone is gonna let loose once the pandemic is truly over.
Speaker 7: People have been locked up for too long.
Speaker 13: Once it ends, AND's gonna be drinking and partying, hooking up with everyone. It's gonna be so much that it's gonna create the next worldwide virus. Yeah, guys are gonna be waking up in bed next to a bet like, oh oh, I think I did it again.
Speaker 16: Show talk about spring break, the most exciting week of the year for college students and gonorrhea gonera.
Speaker 4: Not that bad, of course. One of the hottest spring break destinations is Florida, where the beaches are as bountiful as the meth dealers. But in recent years the fun has been getting dangerously out of hand, and one Florida city has had enough.
Speaker 16: Miami Beach is breaking up with spring break, shutting down.
Speaker 10: Spring Break in Miami.
Speaker 14: This year's city officials told those spring breakers to go somewhere.
Speaker 10: Else, restrictions including the closing of the beach at six and liquor stores at eight to drive.
Speaker 6: The message home. A public service announcement that's gone viral Miami Beach telling rowdy spring breakers it's not us, it's you.
Speaker 4: Maybe we can talk when you're done with your spring break phase.
Speaker 16: Miami is shutting down spring break. Where else will college students be able to get alcohol poisoning and have terrible sex with each other? And who is Miami to get upset with spring break? One in three people there is a DJ are they like, keep it down? I'm trying to be super loud over here.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 4: Because of the crackdown, many students have decided to go to Fort Lauderdale instead of Miami. But that's not a good idea either, because one it's Fort Lauderdale, and two the cops there are hassling spring breakers in a way that might even be worse.
Speaker 6: Spring Break descending on.
Speaker 4: Footling lauderdel Florida with huge crowds flocking there after Miami put in strict curfews and restrictions, but Fort Lauderdale police are turning the festivities into a possible job.
Speaker 11: Ball brought here just just running the message that we're recruiting right now actively for.
Speaker 6: All police officers.
Speaker 2: Sing alongs, trivia games, the Fort Lauderdale police having fun with spring breakers?
Speaker 8: Are you guys ready?
Speaker 13: Yeah, all right, you got your thinking caps on?
Speaker 14: You're ready to go.
Speaker 4: Obviously they don't have their thinking caps on, then they'd get a thinking cap tan line, But I'm sorry, do you know how bad your spring break has to be to want to become a cop? Afterwards? Usually when college students get blackout drunk, they wake up with a penis sharpeat on their face. These kids are waking up like why do I have a police badge?
Speaker 16: How do you even try to convince spring breakers to become cops? Are you just like walking down the beach? You guys are in good shape? Would you be willing to get out of shape?
Speaker 4: Hey, I say you're blowing. I see you're blowing all your parents' money. How'd you like to blow an entire city's.
Speaker 16: Money so you're not so a murder at the moment? Would you like to get paid to not solve a murder?
Speaker 4: I notice you've been sitting doing nothing for six straight hours. You want to keep doing that, but with a gun.
Speaker 16: Crush a lot of beer today. I want to keep doing that.
Speaker 14: But with a gun.
Speaker 4: Of course, if you don't want good job, does he?
Speaker 7: Of course?
Speaker 4: If you don't want to go to Florida, there are literally hundreds of other fun does is of other? There's one other fun place for you to go on spring break, and that's New Orleans. And to prove the Big Easy still knows how to party, here's Fox News with a major scoop.
Speaker 1: I had the opportunity to talk to one lady yesterday, young lady. She's a senior at Texas Tech, and she told me when I asked her what does she do the prep for spring break? She says, she applies her bronzer and did she does cocaine? And that really goes to the heart of this.
Speaker 6: That's some story.
Speaker 2: She applies the bronzer before she does the line of coke.
Speaker 7: She wants to look good before she gets hot.
Speaker 14: I never heard it.
Speaker 2: Before, right, that's crazy, And she admitted that.
Speaker 4: Oh stop, I mean this. This isn't the first time Fox has talked to someone who's abusing bronzer and cocaine. They've been covering the trumps for nine years.
Speaker 7: Take it.
Speaker 4: At least she's doing it in the right order.
Speaker 7: I mean this.
Speaker 4: One time I snorted bronzer and applied cocaine and it totally ruined my grandmother's funeral. But the point is spring break can be risky. People are abusing drugs, they're getting in the trouble, they're considering careers and law enforcement. It's frightening stuff. And that's why, for the sake of yourself and for your future kids, drop out of college. It's the only way you can avoid spring break altogether.
Speaker 16: It's great advice.
Speaker 6: Michael explore more shows from The Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts. Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven.
Speaker 7: Ten Central on Comedy Central, and.
Speaker 6: Stream full episodes anytime on Paramount plus.
Speaker 14: Paramount podcasts.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm