Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brick and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: And yes, first we took over your for you page on TikTok, Then we took over the top comedy charts on Spotify.
Speaker 3: Next we're going to take over the Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't feel like anyone's behind me. I actually like it.
Speaker 4: Once you take over the world, I don't think you have to go to work anymore. So it kind of would be helpful for everyone.
Speaker 1: Could you help us out?
Speaker 2: Follow the show, follow the show on this podcast over on our main feed podcast as well, and hey, enjoy your second date.
Speaker 4: Second date update.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of confusing information out there about how to attract a mate online.
Speaker 4: That's what the video says, how to catch your mate? Is that what you're information is?
Speaker 2: He printed out how two sheet from Yahoo right in front of it.
Speaker 4: It's so conflicting though.
Speaker 5: It's like, be super clear with your intentions, but also be mysterious and coy.
Speaker 4: Make sure to be.
Speaker 5: Super funny and playful, but don't be joky or they're gonna think you're not serious.
Speaker 2: What doesn't make sense, Jeff Yeah, show who you really are, even if you run a puppy mill.
Speaker 4: Let them know yeah, okay, And one.
Speaker 5: Of our listeners says she got swept up in the confusion of how to maximize your dating profile, but in the end, I guess it turned out to be a good thing for her.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: She's on the phone with us, so let's.
Speaker 5: Let's figure it out. Cynthia, welcome to the show. Tell us what happened?
Speaker 7: Hi, guys, so good to be here.
Speaker 1: Well that's good, Cynthia, look at you. Try an extra heart again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so what happened?
Speaker 5: How did you get swept up in the confusion of the online dating Well?
Speaker 7: Google is free, but it's a jungle.
Speaker 2: So yeah, wait, you ask Google for advice instead of like your friends.
Speaker 4: What should she ask her friends? Oh?
Speaker 2: No, I feel like you should run your profile by your friends and see what they think if it's showing you in the best light or not.
Speaker 7: Well, we get there eventually.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 7: So I'm looking up all these different ways on how I can get more matches with online dating, and some of the things I found were that if your profile picture has your hair out of your face, you're twenty seven percent more likely to get a match.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unless you have an ugly face.
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 5: Is that what the problem is, Cynthia, Can you confirm that for bok over.
Speaker 3: I shaved my.
Speaker 1: Did no one else take that?
Speaker 7: I didn't take that.
Speaker 1: I was thinking it's been on TikTok for all they said guys like hair up?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, So twenty percent more likely if you have your hair up out of your.
Speaker 7: Face, right, and seventy six percent more likely if you have a teeth smile, if you smile with your teeth, that's assuming you have all.
Speaker 4: Your teeth in there, right.
Speaker 2: I smile with my gums, gummy smile.
Speaker 4: That's only because your ratio. Yeah, okay, anything else.
Speaker 7: This is one from my side that I also find to be pretty true. If you're alone in your pictures, no friends, no one else in the photo, you're sixty percent more likely.
Speaker 5: I swear There's been times where I'm swiping and I'm like, what girl is the girl?
Speaker 4: Because every picture, yeah, the fun Jose, it's like spin the whee over? Who am I going to get?
Speaker 1: I think, kid, just all group is weird? What'd you go with? Did you do some group, some solo? Did you do all the way?
Speaker 7: Well? No, I did all just single photos of me? Because I find that when I'm swiping for guys. If I have to guess who you are in the photo, I'm not going to I'm just gonna play.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So did you take all that advice?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, So I tried it and I forgot nothing after a week. Nothing, nothing, nothing, Really, they were like weird, of course, my guys who were very interous.
Speaker 1: So what'd you change? Would you do to change your luck?
Speaker 5: Well, she couldn't change her face up brooke like that. It's not very nice to tell her to get surgery before. Can we like move off of that and maybe get to how how did you change your dating profile?
Speaker 1: That's what I asked?
Speaker 4: What did you change about yourself? It was the way you said it. We no knew so what happened?
Speaker 7: So I just ended up asking my friend what she thought of what I had uploaded.
Speaker 1: B Actually, that's exactly what you said. What did your friend say?
Speaker 7: She said, looked like a veloso raptor.
Speaker 1: Were you burying your teeth or smiling?
Speaker 7: She kept saying that I had such big teeth and that was my hair pulled back, like my forehead looked a little bit. Dare she?
Speaker 1: Are you mad?
Speaker 3: Or are you like?
Speaker 1: I can see it.
Speaker 7: I mean, I was humbled for sure.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to figure out who mean or your friend or Brooke my friend?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 4: Oh wow. Okay, so she gave you a few tips to change stuff.
Speaker 7: That was kind of all she said. I guess her tough love pushed me to kind of just go back to the drawing board and just go back to what I was already doing.
Speaker 4: Her advice, are we ever going.
Speaker 1: To get a date?
Speaker 7: Here?
Speaker 1: We like what happened?
Speaker 7: Well, so I ended up just posting what I felt was right for me. I ended up getting a date with this guy, Aaron.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, we.
Speaker 7: Ended up texting. We went out for like pizza and wine and stuff. And it's funny because I told him about, you know, my experience was trying to update my profile and that was kind of the topic of conversation for most of the night. We laughed about it and ended up taking pictures of each other, you know, in dinosaur pose it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I love it.
Speaker 6: See good sense of humor, embrace it and now you bonded.
Speaker 4: Everybody else in the pizza parlor.
Speaker 2: Was like, what the your pet names for each other are already rapptor a little.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So what's happened since then?
Speaker 7: I just I haven't been able to hang out with him in like a month. That was like a month ago.
Speaker 1: And it sounds like you've been texting. It just hasn't lined up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, ir, schedules haven't lined up. You haven't been able to find a good time, and I just I don't know. I'm getting a little discouraged. I felt like, you know, we lost a bit of momentum, and I was just wondering if you guys would give me some indvice or helped me out a little bit.
Speaker 5: Well, Boo's gonna tell you to change the way your voice sounds, so maybe not to ask us advice.
Speaker 1: Talk about her?
Speaker 2: You sound amazing, You sound fun You sound funny and self deprecating about me.
Speaker 4: But what about her?
Speaker 5: You know what, We're just gonna call this guy Aaron for you when we come back and do your second date update.
Speaker 4: Right after this hold on second date update.
Speaker 8: On the phone with us today is a woman who just updated her dino dating profile the majestic Cynthiasaurus rapt.
Speaker 2: I think there was a lot worse dinosaurs she could have been compared to.
Speaker 5: We're gonna call her c Rex for short or maybe just Cynthia, which is her normal name for human name. But the reason why we're poking fun about it is because she found an article online with all these tips about what types of pictures you should take if you want to get better matches on dating sites, and she found some ideas where you're supposed to pull your hair back, show more teeth. That's supposed to get more guys to swipe on you. But after a week online with no matches, her friend told her the truth. The reason no guys are biting is because you look like a velociraptor.
Speaker 1: Looks, but listen, the most ferocious of the dinosaurs.
Speaker 2: Yes, and with a very muscular built Yeah.
Speaker 4: Better, and doesn't look like that normally.
Speaker 5: It's just with the new hair back do and the teeth bearing poses, it came across dino like.
Speaker 1: But she finally realized she just needed to be herself.
Speaker 5: That was the good part the topic of conversation on her date with a guy named Aaron.
Speaker 4: They had a great time together.
Speaker 5: Problem is that was a month ago, and now she needs our help to get things jump started once again.
Speaker 4: Brooke, I'm afraid to even go to you. Every time you say something it comes out offensive.
Speaker 5: But what do you want to says Cynthia over here.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: I think it's good, Cynthia that you and him have been talking. You've been trying to get something nailed down. I know it feels like maybe the what is it called momentum has has dulled a little bit.
Speaker 5: That's exactly what she said again.
Speaker 9: I just don't want you to come off as too needy. Okay, you know, like your only option, because it's not right, it might be the only option.
Speaker 4: Actually, we don't want to know, Cynthia.
Speaker 5: Can you dial on the desperate needy vibes that you're getting towards Brook right now?
Speaker 7: Oh my god, no problem. I don't mean to come off super needy. I don't think you are.
Speaker 1: You know, don't bring up again the fact that you weren't getting a lot.
Speaker 4: Of matches because that person would do yes.
Speaker 2: You want to make it sound like this last month has been so packed and oh my god, I totally forgot to call you.
Speaker 1: So I have a radio. They should do it. Yeah, exactly what.
Speaker 4: I texted you twenty times by accident.
Speaker 2: Even if he if he says yes to a date, maybe you tell him that you're maybe available.
Speaker 4: It's been so long.
Speaker 3: Date.
Speaker 1: It actually was the time of the Dinosaur.
Speaker 7: Telling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would turn you on, Jose.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're gonna cut the advice segment of this short and just call Aaron for you.
Speaker 4: How does that sound c Rex. Here we go.
Speaker 3: I'm just kidding here, let's call him.
Speaker 7: Hello, Thanks for calling. This is Aaron.
Speaker 1: Did you run a business?
Speaker 4: Aaron? What a formal way to answer? Uh? Yeah, that was expecting that.
Speaker 1: We're a radio show and you're welcome for Colin.
Speaker 6: Thanks for answering a radio show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning and we're doing a segment right now, hoping that you'll be.
Speaker 4: A part of it. I'm too late.
Speaker 5: You're already a part of it, So buckle up.
Speaker 6: What is this about?
Speaker 4: Perfect? This is about your dating life.
Speaker 5: Actually, about a month ago, we went out with one of our listeners named Cynthia.
Speaker 6: Cynthia yes.
Speaker 1: Beer, I think wine?
Speaker 6: Yes, I never Cynthia. Oh yeah, we Yeah, we had a good time. That was a good date.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh that's so great to hear.
Speaker 5: Nice to hear me, because we're all confused and we're trying to help her figure out if there's a reason why you're not getting back to her and wanting to see her again, if that's even true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, because she's super busy right now. Yeah, that's right, thank you, trying to pencil you in somewhere.
Speaker 6: Oh, she's busy, that's uh, well, that's probably good. Actually I'm kind of busy too. I'm really busy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well you what are you so busy with?
Speaker 6: Well, other dates, As it turns out.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 4: You guys aren't serious.
Speaker 1: Other like second date third dates are just all first dates.
Speaker 6: Well a heck of a lot of first dates really second dates. Yeah, it's it's all really new for me, I have to say. And what is all the attention that I'm getting online from my profile?
Speaker 4: It happened a sudden Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't know how much she told you about the date, but we were joking around. We just ended up taking these funny picks suresh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that like dinosaurs, because that was like what she tried on her dating profile before, and like was laughing about it.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, and that's what we were doing in the photos, and they turned out pretty funny and just kind of as a goof after the date, I put one of the photos of me up on my profile.
Speaker 1: And uh, you acting like a dinosaur?
Speaker 7: Yeah, and it was a hit.
Speaker 1: What what.
Speaker 7: My rock gold go figure?
Speaker 6: I started getting all these hits that like I've never gotten before, getting all the extension.
Speaker 1: But you're in some dinosaur algorithm.
Speaker 5: It's the fact that he's with somebody, that's a proven fact.
Speaker 1: They were taking pictures of each other.
Speaker 4: Was it just you or was it both of you?
Speaker 6: It was just me, but it was all the tips and trips and everything that she was talking about. I pulled my hair back, I showed my teeth and the smile and.
Speaker 5: Wait, so so those things work for guys but not for girls.
Speaker 1: Maybe just when you do them right?
Speaker 4: Is it just face shape?
Speaker 7: I don't know what it was.
Speaker 6: I put one on photo up.
Speaker 7: And I get all this attention.
Speaker 4: This is really crazy.
Speaker 5: But you know who would be really interested to learn this information is actually Cynthia herself, who just happens to be on the other line right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's hearing this.
Speaker 6: She's not listening as she Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's listening, and she wants to talk to you right now, Erin.
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, yeah, yeah yeah, Cynthia Aaron, I am shocked.
Speaker 7: I basically put.
Speaker 3: You on good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you deserve most of the credit.
Speaker 7: You took the picture.
Speaker 1: It's a good point. You're a really good photographer, Cynthia.
Speaker 4: I did him a favoring her forgetting you dates. That's a little accidentally petty.
Speaker 6: Almost Well, okay, Cynthia, Remember we talked like dating has been really hard for me. I'm just not used to getting attention. Well now I am, I'm just going with it. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, this has got to be a little bit overwhelming to hear all this, Cynthia, how you feeling right now?
Speaker 7: Honestly, I'm I'm a little hurt. I'm kind of shocked. Those pictures were just like joke pictures. I thought like it's kind of going to be like an inside joke between us. Yeah, now other girls like that, my guest, and now you're gonna see all of them instead of me when I've been you know, we've been in contact. No, no, I.
Speaker 6: Don't want to see them instead of you. I want to see you too. I just got to wait to get it opening.
Speaker 1: But Cynthia, you're you're really packed too.
Speaker 7: Right right to see if I can put you into my schedule as well?
Speaker 4: Oh god, that's right.
Speaker 2: Cynthia, She's not going to wait around all day just for you to show up.
Speaker 6: This is the cat Well I have to say, honestly, Cynthia is a She's a wonderful girl, and that wouldn't surprise me. I'm sure she gets a lot of attention.
Speaker 7: I set something up. Let's say next weekend. Is that something that is available for you?
Speaker 5: She probablysed to cancel on like seven other guys just to make that happen for.
Speaker 6: You, Aaron. Yeah, let me check my calendar, which day, which day dies?
Speaker 7: Next Saturday?
Speaker 6: Work Saturday with this coming Saturday? Maybe how about five weeks.
Speaker 5: Saturdays from that's your only free try Monday.
Speaker 9: Whoever Saturday chick is and put Cynthia in her place and Saturday girls.
Speaker 7: Come on.
Speaker 5: I mean, two such highly successful daters meeting right here on this show. I mean that's a sign that you need to be saying, Yes, Aaron, we'd love to send you out with Cyndia one more time if you're up for it, and we'll pay for the date.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I definitely want to go out with Genti again. But yeah, it's gonna be a while.
Speaker 5: And he's excited, Okay, I mean, Cynthia are you still cool with that?
Speaker 4: Can you wait a little?
Speaker 7: A girl can only wait so long. We'll have to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's actually a good answer. Don't tell him yes or no.
Speaker 7: We know it's yes, yeah, Cynthia.
Speaker 6: In the meantime, I'm really getting a lot of practice, so that could only work in your favorite.
Speaker 1: I don't want to.
Speaker 4: Know practice, Tell tell me. I want to know. It's Brook Jeffrey in the morning.