Speaker 1: Welcome back Unplugged twenty twenty five. I got somebody in the building. We usually get you from satellite. We got you in the building. Man, Welcome Stephen Jesse Easy Jackson.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir today Baby.
Speaker 1: What's up with you bro?
Speaker 2: New year? Bro?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got something for you. Though I gave you some gifts earlier, I got one more gift for you, my game.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: I got one more gift for you.
Speaker 2: The gift. Yeah, here I have it. No, sir, you.
Speaker 1: Don't want it. You don't want this peace. I got this for you, Bro. You don't want no swine hommie. Oh man, let's get into it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Jimmy Butler says straight up and down. He does not want to beknew was coming in Miami anymore receive the seven game suspension, thoughts.
Speaker 3: I knew it was coming. I mean, I can kind of see the pattern with Jimmy, you know what I'm saying. It was the same kind of pattern in Philadelphia and the Minnesota, and we're not happy.
Speaker 2: He started being heard a lot, I started.
Speaker 3: Missing games, started doing a lot of unusual stuff from the competitor that we know. Jimmy Butter to be right, you know what I'm saying, so I start seeing that, and you know when past starts saying stuff, and you know the dominant character Jimmy is and the lead he is. I knew he was gonna show some rebuttal and go against it. I didn't know he's gonna come out and just say it can't work.
Speaker 2: It no more.
Speaker 3: I wasn't expecting that, but hey, I knew. I knew it was coming to that. But where he's gonna go is the biggest question. It's gonna be interesting.
Speaker 1: But I see both sides because obviously pat Riley has a history of just being mafia and doing things his way, and that's produced championships with the Lakers, that's produced championships with the Heat, you know, his stint in New York, and it's been his where the high I mean, he let d Wade go at one point, you know what I mean, Lebron left, you know what I mean. So my question is everyone has to kind of conform to what this new era of basketball is. And to Jimmy's defense, although I don't ever really he's always had some bitch made antics to me, But to his defense, what is pat brought him in the last ten years as far as stars, and I saw Dan Levatar brought a great point up I think it was today or yesterday that they've got the most out of the underachievers. They get the underchievers to achieve at their highest level, and those have always been the guys that they've put around Jimmy. They've never really got a superstar to come help Jimmy. You know, you get you know, you get the Martin Twins that played their ass off, and you get the Max Struce's and the Gay Vincent's and all these guys play great and help these runs, but at the end of the day, like what do you really giving them? You know, you got to you have Bam who's you know, had a down year, Tyler Hero who's had an up year. But overall, you've never really paired anyone alongside the Jimmy to really make that next step. So I say that to Jimmy's defense. But at the same time, Jack, in your opinion, Will pat Riley ended up being a Jerry Jones and running this shit into the ground if he doesn't kind of change the way he looks at these new younger players, because if I'm a younger player now looking at this shit, not knowing all the details, so we're not sure who's at fault. We just know what we've seen and heard. I don't want to fuck with Miami if I know you know, pat Riley's on this kind of time. So your thoughts on will pat Riley kind of conform or will he go down this way until he's out the league?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean he'll go down if he don't change.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, I don't think his mentality and championship mentality has to change, but his approach definitely has.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you got to change. You approach has to change.
Speaker 3: You can't be that same drill Sardan type of guy's money everywhere. You know what I'm saying, Teams are looking for guys and then it's very few dogs in the league. That's why you got Jimmy there to be a dog, but you didn't put no star with him. The guys you said Matt are average guys to me, and none of these guys are gonna be guys that take over games. And Bam solid, but Bam was still not that guy to me. You know what I'm saying. I like Bam, I'm not dissinging, but he's still not that guy. To me, he's not know Anthony Davis to you know what I'm saying, He's not that type of guy. So they didn't put the right guys with Jimmy. But Pat has to change his approach that the Championship Battle two. We all love that from Pat, but his approach has to change again.
Speaker 1: I'll give him props to Jimmy because again I don't really like his antics sometimes that I ain't gotta like him, but I always respect when he's out there, when he wants to play and is down to play. He's a monster. And what he's been able to do with that franchise and get him to where they've gotten with the with the roster they've pad. You always got to show Jimmy love with that. But you know now that ship the count is out the bag and he's going to be gone. There's some action out there. There's there's a few landings about a lot of speculations here Golden State. You hear Houston, You hear the Grizzlies. You know the Grizzlies right now, young talent gig Jackson, Jalen Wells, big contracts of Marcus Smart and Canard, the Spurs, you know, they're always trying to put people next to Winbin Yama. I've been an absolute monster the Sons. The Bradley Beal experiment has not worked with the Suns. Him and Nurkic were just benched. So that's a possible option. And it seems like that ship is sinking out there in Phoenix and then the Pelicans. You know, Zion is on the market. Do you trade a young kid with all the potential in the world but hasn't been healthy or what was he thirty four to thirty five? Hold is Jimmy thirty five year old who wants He still wants that bag too. He wants what you know what? Paul George got what four for two? Huh two fifteen? So Jimmy wants something like that on his way out. So I'm not sure if he'll get that. But do you see any suitable landing spots for Jimmy for me?
Speaker 2: Their own places of Spurs. Everything else is fluff.
Speaker 3: The Spurs is the only spot because that way he can he's going to the end of his career, he can get his contract and possibly have a great chance to win a championship and bring some toughness to a team. That don't have have no toughness, you know. And I think him and Chris Paul would be great together, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: And I'm continuing to pray for my guy Pop. Hopefully we'll see him back soon. But I think that'd be a great path, a great move for him. That's the only move. Everything else he'll be in the way, He'll be beefing with everybody because he'll be in situations where I'm just I'm just telling you why, because I've done it. You go to sit teams where you with young guys that don't understand how to win. Now you just a part of a rebuilding process going out, going to the end of your career.
Speaker 2: You're not finishing the way you want to.
Speaker 3: So I think the only way he can go somewhere where he can feel like a pro, feel like a champion, and get his money and finish the right way. I think it'll be Santini and he from Texas.
Speaker 1: So before we get out of here, I think he has one year left on his deal, right, So my question is, does Pat do him dirty and send him somewhere nasty.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's been done, it's been done. Yeah, I was son to Milwaukee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I died. That's when you start to promote your mixtap. Went hard on my rapping. It'll be anything to see, you know what I mean. Obviously a lot of love for Pat and what he's done for this league, but all we know, these young kids do not move the way and all Jimmy's kind of the last of a dying bree. Jimmy's from our era, but last of a dying bree. But if I'm a young kid looking at what's going on, that might might deter me. And then you know, Jimmy is on the backside of his career. And again we praised him for what he's been able to do with the roster he's been given in Miami. But times up, times up, Anthony Airports.
Speaker 3: Oh look, we can't get talk about I can't get through Miami. Did you see how Tyler Hero got slammed?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, was that real by one of the twins? That shit looked at fake one of the twins man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got to talk about that now. That's why they're not playing with after that.
Speaker 1: I liked Tye here boy, there wasn't ship he was gonna do after that. Yeah, just walk around a little bit like you want smoke, but just let her want to get getting between you.
Speaker 3: Now, he was busting his ass any slam like that, and.
Speaker 1: He says some slick ship out. Didn't he like he was mad because he was doing pretty much everything. Yeah, yeah, I'd be mad too, yeaheah, getting a lot of love Anthony Edwards not wanting to pass so much After the loss of the Celtics last week, Ant state, I'm only twenty three. I don't want to just be a passing the ball guy all night jack. To me, this is interesting and this is young because obviously we're huge fans of Anthony Edwards, and doubles and triple teams are the ultimate sign of respect, ultimate side of respect. We remember a few years ago where Devin Booker in the pickup game was complaining about getting double team, you know what I mean. And obviously we played against and and with Kobe, and he was someone who loved the double and even looked for the triple, you know what I mean. So what are your thoughts on kind of Ant's perspective of To me, I just think it's young, and again I think this shows lack of vets that could really getting these young players years to let end know, bro the only reason why their double team is used because now you're the only on the team that can beat us. This cat trade has not worked out for Minnesota. Anthony Edwards is the only person on that team they could beat him, So our a triple team. That motherfucker if I needed to slow him down. But what is your thoughts if you were in the locker room with someone like Anthony Edwards and he's kind of going through this stage right now, what would be something you would lean on him and breathe on him about.
Speaker 3: The First thing I'll tell him is Tim Duncan is probably one of the top five players of all time in my opinion and a lot of people's opinion.
Speaker 2: Go watch him. He knew when to pass and when the score.
Speaker 3: I played in the Western Conference fines with probably, like I said, one of the best power for whatever and probably the first three quarters he was getting doubled and he didn't even looked to shoot the ball. He was just picking Dallas apart because he has shooters around. So you got to know you know your teammates and know when to pass, and that shows you growing as a player, that you'll become a better player because a lot of your shots have become easier now because they see you making the right plays.
Speaker 2: So at the end of the game, they couldn't double Tim.
Speaker 3: So not Tim just getting bucket after bucket because he was making all the right plays the first three quarters. I would tell him to go watch Tim Duncan because you still that's showing that you still have room to grow as a player and as a leader, because you have to understand when to pass. Like you said, Matt, that that is a compliment that you're getting double team and triple team, but it's also a responsibility you have as being a star playoff knowing when to pass the ball. And I think he got to watch players like Tim Duncan to learn that.
Speaker 1: I think just picking and choosing your spots, you know, as a coach, I'm telling my my guys that may get see double teams that if you get the rest of your team going, as you just said, they can't do W. If you got your shooters going and everyone else going, they can't do W. So I definitely think it's a it's going to be a learning experience for him watching Tim, watching Kobe, watching Mike, the way all these guys pick and chose their spots. What quarter? When am I going to go? When am I gonna get my guys going? I think again, I just think it was a young, frustrated comment. This team has struggled this year, you know, after what they did last year. Kat is a huge part of what is going on, and he's over here. I think he should be in the MVP conversation over there the way he's been playing for the Knicks. But this experiment with and we like Julius Randol than de Vincenzo, but it seemed like the floor's gotten tighter. Ants shooting a lot more threes, although he's making them. I don't think he's putting the pressure on the defense and allowing When he puts pressure on the defense gets the team and the bonus, he's allowing the rest of the team to eat because now every time they get fouled, they're going to the foul line. So I think it's a little fucked up over there. I think they're what's seventeen and seventeen right now, you know, nowhere near what they were at last year. But it'll be it'll be interesting to see how he because he's the only one to get this team out of this funk, because he is the best player on that team, but he's the one of the youngest. How is he going to be able to put his team on his shoulders and figure out his game to better his team.
Speaker 2: That's the next step for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, before we move on, le Angelo Balls new song is popping.
Speaker 2: You heard it? I don't want to hear it?
Speaker 1: Why not? Why not?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: He can't fuck with five.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying I heard a clip of it on Instagram. Somebody's making fun of it. I mean, it's just ain't my type of music.
Speaker 1: It's early two thousands. We was popping back then, though.
Speaker 2: That that didn't even give me early two thousands. What did it give you? It just to give me something. I don't want to listen to.
Speaker 1: Hey, that ship is getting streamed out. They're putting different artists on it.
Speaker 2: To him, I just ain't you know, my one stream don't matter.
Speaker 1: You ain't gonna stream it. No, that ship is all over TikTok, that ship is all over Instagram.
Speaker 2: Man shout out. I don't make music.
Speaker 1: I just yeah, I just listened to that ship is definitely going It got him a little buzz Man. Let's see if he could parlay that into something so so there's no chance of to stack five le Angelo remix.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say I wouldn't work with the brother on something else, but not that song.
Speaker 1: I'm cool because I know you're doing all the smoke volume one. He can't get up. He can't get sixteen on area.
Speaker 2: I'm working.
Speaker 1: I'm working, he can't. He can't get sixteen on there.
Speaker 3: Yeah he can, yeah, yeah, he can get a sixteen on there. Okay for sure, but it is not that song. We'll see.
Speaker 1: Now we're back with our first guest of the new year. Man, someone I became a fan of off the Netflix show Last Chance You. He coached season three and four that took place in Kansas, Man coach JB. Man, what's happened a long time Overdo I appreciate you coming through?
Speaker 2: Man? Man?
Speaker 1: The landscape of college sports has trained drastically since you stepped away. We're hearing about now JC is not counting against your clock. We're also once you go D one, we're also hearing that they're trying to give D one kids five years of eligibility. What are your thoughts because the college I won't say college footb I.
Speaker 2: Got five years. I got five three years right now, a.
Speaker 1: Lot of eligibility left. We tried to get you to Colorado, but your GPA member was Yeah, we tried to get you in Colorado. The landscape of college sports right now is nasty, and obviously nil is in that mix. It's the wild, wild West. I've always been a proponent of, you know, players need to be paid, but there's no ordinance or regulations with it. So as some who was in the space and still follows the space thoughts on just the college landscape right now.
Speaker 5: Man, shout out, Tod out Man, my boy. Obviously, I played hoop with Ed and Charles O'Bannon in high school. Ed was the one that started this whole n IL process two about a million months you played, you played with Ed Man, I'm a hooper, real quick fucking find out. I got a story that no one probably has. So in wait, I'm from Compton, obviously, I'm I'm one of one only white boy from Compton. So in eight I was the head coach at Compton College, and I grew up and I knew your boy and our boy Kawhi Leonards, Pops so he had a he had a car washed down on Wilmington and uh, in wait, the night before I saw Kawhi drop. I think like twenty two versus half high school. Who was the one seed? I think it was a sophomore. He got by them, but they had to play My boys and everybody at Compton Domingas Tyson Channel, you know all them days. Well, they lost Kawhi los but that day before his pops got rest in peace, got got shot and killed right there at the at the at the car wash. I was at that day and got to see him. Kawhi played though against the Mingas. They lost to the Mingas that night. But uh it was an interesting story man, because Mark was his pops and I know him a long time. But his pops had moved out to Riverside, where I actually currently live. And then that's with his sister. He went to Riverside king and he turned him around and his pops was telling me I got the next Kobe, and I was like, really, I'm a Kobe guy. I was like, man, Kawhi was a close thing to it though for a while. I'll tell you so he was He's back playing. So that's what brought me, brought it up Hooper Man Player and Charles, and I didn't know that. You know, I know your boys, Toby and Moose, so I know all them because I used to be at U c L all the time with Ed Charles.
Speaker 2: What usually graduated? What didusually graduate? High school?
Speaker 5: Ninety four?
Speaker 2: Okay, so what do you united? I forgot? I thought you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well yeah, now back, I mean, that's that's a dope. That's definitely dope and interesting and obviously rest in peace to Pops. But just the landscape of college sports right now overall nil thrown in there?
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's interesting, you said in il Man, it was supposed to be how many jerseys you sell in the student store, or if you're the dude, you the dude. Nowadays it's pay to play. It ain't in il It ain't. It ain't what it was supposed to be for. It's not name, image and likeness. And I think if you took the portal away on what the portal actually is doing, it would be all right, keep it out. It is fuck it. But the portal, a company within il has created The Wild Wild West Times.
Speaker 1: Explain the portal though, because I don't think people understand how fuck there's twenty by downstairs. There's probably what two thousand, seven thousand kids in the portal for what two hundred and fifty d one's one four So due.
Speaker 5: To math, yeah, don't math. I tell people every day on my show Man, I go there's no cats around, and only one percent of those kids get out the portal, right, the other ninety nine go nowhere lost.
Speaker 1: But also to we all come from there, obviously we graduated high school in the nineties. I mean you're just running from smoke constantly. Like I had to sit my ass on the bench my freshman year at UCLA and learn, you know what I mean? Like kids don't go through no adversity. And it's the same in the league now to our back in the day in the league where Aaron Rodgers said, what three four years behind Brett Fall, like people used to have to come in and pay dues. Yeah, pat that have to pay dues before they got that. But now that shit, we're seeing it with the girl at Rutgers, right, she just made some tweet yesterday about coach not playing and we don't know all the detail. We don't get into that, but now we're they're here. She might transfer now she's super talented freshman. But kids run from the smoke now, So like you said that, the nil mixed with the portal to me as a recipe for disaster.
Speaker 5: And it ends up biting them. In ass Man, there's a kid that was like number one kid san Diego signed with a USC out of high school years with football, basketball ball a couple of years ago, goes back home to San Diego State. All right, cool, I get that move. If you're gonna enter the porto or whatever. He has no offers now he's going to a D two in Ohio Finley. So, like you know, come on, man, that's what's happening in the ninety nine percent of the portal though that no one else talks about. They only talk about the success to the kids that make it, about percent that make the money. But seven thousand kids, one hundred and thirty four d one it on math. And now, like you said, Juco, what I'm calling Jay Prep because it's going to be the new prep, which I'm my wheels are spinning because I think that'll be where I call buddy at a D one and say, hey, man, you want this kid one for one because I got a story that no one will tell you. And this is coming from D one coaching buddies of mine. I don't think kids are going to play D one football anymore. They're gonna play JUCO for two, get an nil agent that will pay them as long as he signs with them to go to the NFL. They'll do draft, they'll do draft days for the JUCO. They'll get it gauge. At this kids are first or second round projection. Now to meet his criteria, football is different than basketball. To meet his three year out of high school criteria to go.
Speaker 1: To the NFL.
Speaker 5: Now he'll go play one for one, which will be the old basketball. He'll go one for one and now I'll hit up Texas, I'll hit up Sorry, I'll say, hey, I want a million dollars for this motherfucker. I mean, that's what I'm gonna do. So now you're gonna go one year to play at a D one into the league. So that's gonna change everything.
Speaker 3: You know how many players football players, big name football players that went to junior college.
Speaker 5: If that was basketball too, bro, I got twenty eight in the league right now that played for me so more than anybody else.
Speaker 2: Eight eight one. I got full eligibility. He trying to get something. I went to junior college for two weeks.
Speaker 5: Aaron Rogers, Chad, Steve Smith, Cam everybody, Yeah, uh will will we ever see you back on go to.
Speaker 2: I doubt it.
Speaker 5: First of all, they can't pay me enough anymore. Second of all, be talking that ship. Second of all, ship, I choke one of the motherfucker.
Speaker 1: You were to explain your straight you were tough? How fuck did you? Because you were old? You were tough love. You were a tough love coach. Obviously, I didn't know your backstory until you literally just told me it was from content. But you were a tough love coach and and that show was dope.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean that?
Speaker 1: Like you said, twenty eight kids that you've put through a program into the pros. Like what was your philosophy with that?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 5: Hate me and I love me later? Name of my book. That's the reason I did it. This is the thing everyone that talks about me on social media and all that he's asshole white boy coaching brothers. Here's the thing. Show me at one social media tweet or Instagram post from one of my players talking about me, I'll wait. I'm still waiting because they know real, recognize real. At the end of the day, they know where I'm from. I'm as Juco as Juko get But they also knew that I wasn't gonna let them put their future in another man's hands. And unfortunately, ninety nine percent young brothers that I coached, being from where I'm from, they're putting the future in a man that has my skin tone. So I told Bobby Bruce and all the guys that were featured on that show, don't let these motherfuckers put your future in their hands. But by being late class by because you're gonna go to McDonald's get fired for missing work day one. So I had to give them the reality check of that, and that's why I think they recognized, all Right, Coach, fuck with us. He got our back no matter what. Whoop to woop. But I'm gonna be hard on your ass because the real world don't give a shit about you. So in eighteen months, when you leave me, no one's gonna remember you. But I've never had a kid arrested under my watch, never had a kid go to jail under my watch, and knock on wood, played with so many that got killed in the streets, never had to kick dying in my watch, So I was harder on them for me. So when they went to Alabama, Georgia and all these places, it was easy. So that's kind of what people don't understand nowadays. These coaches, the kids, the babies I call them, I call them babies, are the pieces of meat in the meat market. And that's purely what it is. A lot of these d one coaches, though Matt Man, I love you and woo, then you get on campus and what if Lavin just walk by your ass and what you know? How many of that those stories are. And that's another reason why you see a lot of portal kids enter into portal because these coaches, who I defend grown men for for better in their careers and and you know, getting their kids, you know, paying the bills and all that. These seventeen year olds ain't paid a fucking light bill yet or put a kid through college. So I don't equate them to a grown man moving job to job or career to career, I call it. But who am I to blame, you know, for a kid to leave if they're gonna say if the coach is going to be like, well I lie to them and fuck them, then I'm out, so that the kids are leaving like that, plus peer pressure with social media. You know you and you and Stack are both five stars at the same high school. You went tall Obama. You go to LSU. This is the reason number one reason for transferring. People don't know Stack plays at LSU as a true freshman. You read shirt that Maama as a freshman. Social media go oh man, you you you getting played? Why you ain't playing? Stat was a five star. You all played together, and that kid hit the portal.
Speaker 1: Because of the gas from the outside door, Like, come on, man, go through it. That's what it is. Crazy man. We appreciate that insight. I mean, we got some looking up where NFL season just ended. Excuse me, regular season just ended yesterday, and we got some interesting matchups. Uh this Saturday, January eleventh, the Chargers at the Texans the Chargers minus two. Who you gotten why?
Speaker 5: I got the Chargers going and then I got the Charges going on again and beating k C.
Speaker 1: In case you're jumping ahead, you're jumping ahead, Hold on.
Speaker 5: I'm going I go, I go through your whole thing. But yeah, I got the Chargers. I got the Chargers charges. I'm a TJ strod. I you know, I got to coach CJ when he was youngster. I know CJ for a long time, so call kids. I think half the NFL playoffs quarterbacks. The young ones are SoCal kidds. But the Texans are playing well, but they've hit a bump Man my former player on last chance you Tank Dell horrible injury last week. Clearly uh two players in the same damn area. Nony one wants to talk about that. But the the Chargers I got. I got a Hardball's a winner, knows what he's doing. Harball will go then in Houston. I think they'll win, and they'll end up beating Casey next too, So that's where I got there. They'll end up losing the Bills of Ravens, though, but that's where I got him.
Speaker 1: Still, Okay, Well, you see she took Steelers after Ravens Ravens minus eight and a half. You taking the Ravens at the crib.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna. I'm gonna take the Stellers in the point. I'm gonna still as a cover right and a half, but I think they'll lose by a touchdown. But the Steelers losing for in a row, I've never seen a team go into the playoffs and then and then finally get over all the Cowboys and win again. One of my other kids, Patrick Queen for the Stellers, great kid on my show quite often. He he's got that defense balling. But Russe Wilson seems like he's hit a wall in the last few weeks. And I don't know, man, I call him Russell Weirdough. But Russell Wilson, he hit a wall man the Ravens right now, they're cooking. I think that went by touchdown. Though I think it's still don't play because of Mike Tollman. I think it's still top three poach in the league, and I think it get the most out of his team in a playoff environment.
Speaker 1: Sunday, January twelfth, we got the Broncos at the Bills. The Bills minus seven and a half.
Speaker 5: Bronco was playing well. Man got a real bit d bro Nicks. In the Rookie Year conversation, Josh Allen probably MVP with the lack of resources he has on that team versus the other MVB candidates like Lamar's who having an unbelievable here I got. I'm gonna take the Bills to win, but I think they stay closed. I think this is another that hook that point five right there. I'm gonna keep it at seven. I think the Broncos cover the game, but that's it.
Speaker 2: On that.
Speaker 5: I think the Bills win it.
Speaker 1: Packers at Eagles Eagles minus three and a half.
Speaker 5: Man, this one's interesting. The Packers are playing Jordan Loves looks hurt to me. No one wants to talk about it. He hasn't been the same since middle of the year. Got hurt again yesterday in a game against the Bears. I'm gonna actually go with the Packers though. Man for the gott Yeah, yeah, watching I heard too, I like uh, I like the Packers on an upset man. The Eagles are good and they and all that they're loaded, they're they're playing better than anybody. Sakwan is going to regret in five years. White didn't go after Ed's record. I don't know White, but that's crazy.
Speaker 1: He's only what one hundred yards away right one? Yeah, and he played his old team. He's supposed to shoot on him. Yeah, last, but not least. I like this team, man. The Commanders have had a hell of a year at the Bucks. The Bucks got in yesterday with their win Bucks minus three. Who you got, man, give me a good way?
Speaker 5: Well, uh, shout out to Mike Evans getting another thousand years, Sirven right behind Jerry Rice. Jerry Right got fourteen, but Mike Man first ballot Hall of Famer.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 5: Most underrated white out in the history of football in my opinion. Baker's playing well, but I don't know how well he performs in the lights. Are bright Man Jayden Daniels, LA kid, great kid, been around in my whole long time. Listen, he don't know better.
Speaker 1: He don't know what the Knights are.
Speaker 5: That's dangerous. Need to run and throw. You got McClaren, one of the best white outs in football. You got a good back and Robinson the defense playing well. I'm gonna take the Commanders, man.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: Knicks do like that too. Monday they got Monday playoff games.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: Vikings at the Rams, Vikings minus one and a half. They coming to La.
Speaker 5: Another kid I coached with coach man Sam Darnold, who I'm the only one on record saying he was gonna have the year he's having.
Speaker 1: Do you trust him?
Speaker 2: Love?
Speaker 1: I love to come back. I love the year he's having. Do you trust it? In the playoffs though.
Speaker 5: I do trust him? Man, that yesterday's game, I'm not gonna count fourteen other wins and this year against him. For that one game yesterday he looked like a deer in head lights. Though. Man, he missed him throw he shouldn't have. He had guys open yesterday. Addison's dad went to social media talking shit, I'm like the Saint Pop wanted no more Pops, stay the hell out of it. But I'm I'm a You know, here's the thing, Man, McVeigh and Stafford, who I think is the best ball spinner in football, and those two white House in the cool and cup. I think the Rams are going to win the game for sure. And I think this is a pass. This is a Penn State college football path, very very favorable to the Rams to get to a super Bowl, the.
Speaker 2: Way staff will be throwing some of the passes. Bro, He's still like that.
Speaker 5: He's different, different with those guys and McVeigh calling it. This is the unfortunate part. To your point, Matt, the Vikings and Stafford and Sam Darnold's year fuck fourteen win team is going to be a five seed and have to go on the road. I just think it needs to be reseeded. I think it's just like this college football playoff thing that I think is a joke as well. I just think this ship right here. I think the Vikings are going to be one and done unfortunately, and the Rams got a path to win. So taking the Rams.
Speaker 1: Mmmmm off season, obviously, we're jumping ahead a little bit and we're gonna have you back on throughout the playoffs because you'll be talking your ship on the playoffs side. But Aaron Rodgers, what do you see? What's going on with what's Matt?
Speaker 5: You guys you both know basketball wise, in the league, professional sports period, when you're off the field, antics trump on the field antics, We're time to go call it is to get a big ass fork and stick that ship in that motherfucker.
Speaker 1: He is done.
Speaker 5: Go do to Whywaska or whatever it it is. I like Aaron Juco guy as well, Cali guys. Well, I like nor Chico Chico from Trucky, which is right up there with them. There's a lot of Brady, Josh Allen, they're all northern Cali guys like you and all these guys. I just think it's time to give it up.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: I don't think he even wants to play. I'm be real with you. I don't think he wants to play. And now he's got his own young team or around him. You know, get Wilson, all these big time young kids wanting like debating if they want to leave. He got SaaS Gardener talking. Other corners went out. You don't know who your coach is. It's an owner that hasn't done ship since never. Joe Nama is wearing a mint coat on the sideline. I ain't seen it since, like is meat coat.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: I think it's time to go, and I think it's time to gut the whole thing and load it up. Load it up, man, it is what.
Speaker 1: It is Cowboys, Jack, I'm gonna start here with you. Dak signed a Dak signed a four year, two twenty before the season. This is McCarthy's fifth year total one playoff win in that era. Uh, what are we doing over here? What are we doing over here?
Speaker 2: Up? What is it? I mean? Is it?
Speaker 1: Jerry Jones? I mean, I feel like outside looking in, Jerry Jones wants to be the biggest star.
Speaker 2: That's that's the problem. But that's just not the guy.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's a great guy, a great professional, you know, a great guy to hang to have as the face of your organization. But as a winning quarterback, a super Bowl quarterback, he's just not that. And they gotta get they gotta be be real with themselves. You gave him all that money, bro, and you're gonna be stuck with him not making the playoffs for the next couple of years.
Speaker 2: But he's a regular season player.
Speaker 3: What has he shown you in the playoffs that show you that he's a caliber quarterback that deserves two hundred and twenty million dollars.
Speaker 1: I'll give dealing five hundred to let him start. Save me some money.
Speaker 3: Shit, I'll put one of y'all out there before before that, you know what I'm saying. But like for real, though, like they it could be some of Jerry Jones karma too, some of his decisions he'd made, some of the things he's done back in the day. But for the most part, yeah, but for the most part, that's not to get car to the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: That's not the guy.
Speaker 3: I'm not even Madgine eating pork right now, because that's how I feel when we talk about the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: I feel like shit is good.
Speaker 5: Jam thoughts on the Cowboys, Bro, Jimmy Jones curse, I mean Jimmy Johnson. Sorry, Jimmy Johnson, curse got rid of him?
Speaker 1: Did him dirty?
Speaker 5: And or two back to back and yeah, who.
Speaker 2: Jimmy, I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jimmy, Jimmy was a I think you've never been the same since. Man, here's the thing, Dak Prescott is overpaid and under delivering.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is what it is.
Speaker 5: Cooper Rush has more wins in the last two years than him, and that's the backup who they did dirty yesterday. By the way, he could have gone five hundred and fifty thousand dollars bonus and organization.
Speaker 2: That's jes It is what it is.
Speaker 5: That's the business. I know that a lot of that's negotiated with agents and stuff, but it is what it is. Cooper Rush is uh is now got a better winning percentage than Dak Prescott. Just put it that way. Crazy, but yeah, they they got a lot of roster holes. Man, you can win with a lesser paid quarterback with extending and creating a better roster. But they're putting all their their their their their, their agent one basket with Dak and he hasn't performed one playoff win time.
Speaker 2: What it is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, forty nine ers were riding in high in the past few years. Couldn't get over the hump. My squad six and eleven this year obviously riddled by injuries. I think Perdy took a step forward this year.
Speaker 2: JB.
Speaker 1: Would you give him an extension? And if you did, would it be one of the big boys extension and you would kind of spoon feed him the.
Speaker 5: Extension on with Barkley And motherfucker's a bus rider. He is not a driver, And I would never pay that dude nothing. First of all, the head coach is the most overrated head coach's history of football history, most in the history of football, most overrated. He's had the most loaded rosters three years and the road's been to another one where they had Tom Brady choked out and choked that off as OC and a play caller that is who he is. That's they'll never get over the hump. And now their time is done, Matt. Their time is done.
Speaker 1: I know you do.
Speaker 5: Northern Cali in the house. I hate to say that, man, but the Niners windows done because look who's they've literally aged in front of our eyes this year. All around. The rosters will never be saying he can't you paid him? You can't pay party. If you do, then I don't know if you're gonna get a Fred Warner to come back. I don't know if you're gonna get a certain guys on that roster that you need. With Kiddo and other guys, and they have no wideouts. The guy held out didn't play a snap. Really, he was really nothing. An Ayuk and then Debo has really been a figment of what he used to be. He is not getting the ball in the way that they wanted him to. Uh, he's the trade Shanahan and Purdy because Purdy is a guy that lives with the dinking dunk and when you got to throw the ball vertically and throw it in the windows anticipatory throws, he's not the guy.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: I like Purdy for being the story is, but this is a big boy leader's NFL. But again, NFL quarterback play is it the worst I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Jack say? He wasn't throwing deep of the ball because he started coming to the game with his throng showing well.
Speaker 5: Ship, it's a whole other era too, another.
Speaker 2: Outfit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: I was trying to figure that.
Speaker 5: Bro, that's right, that's Devo, that's right.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I don't get it.
Speaker 5: I got a lot of NFL former NFL players on my show every day, and we don't get it.
Speaker 2: I don't get it.
Speaker 1: But I mean as a fan, I mean, like you said that, the offensive weapons, but we've always had a solid defense, and I think we've always just been kind of waiting on that quarterback to take the next step with Jimmy g Purty, but it hasn't been able to come.
Speaker 5: Pay for those guys too. And you got Jennings as you're number one wide out, who's the lesser pay like make it makes sense that if him and Kittle are you only two guys, you ain't got nobody outside and Deebo's a guy you move around, get them the ball in the backfield, sweeps reverses. He ain't getting all that, and I think it's hurting him right there. So they're struggling.
Speaker 1: MVP this season. I think it kind of comes down to Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen. Lamar Jackson forty one hundred yards, forty one touchdown, four picks, nine to fifteen rushing shit and what is that for tds and twelve wins?
Speaker 2: What does that mean? Oh four, excuse me?
Speaker 1: Nine hundred and fifteen yards rushing for rushing touchdowns, twelve wins Allen, which I agree with the least amount of help, thirty seven hundred yards, twenty eight touches, six picks, five hundred and thirty yards, twelve rushing touchdowns, thirteen wins.
Speaker 2: Does Lamar have the record for most rush quarterback BLUs season?
Speaker 5: He broke it all time broke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's hard to me. I mean, you know, you want to look at Josh with his with his cast, but Lamar Jackson's numbers this year have been better than this two previous MVP seasons.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: But he is someone also, He's someone also who hasn't got it done in the playoffs. And obviously this is not a postseason award. This is an ind seed regular season award. But both you guys, Jack will start with you MVP the NFL this year.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm going with Lamar, but you know it's definitely time for him to take to the next level win the Super Bowl. I don't mean, I like, it's kind of hard to just to not give it to Josh because you can see, you really can see Josh Allen winning the Super Bowl like you can feel it with his play.
Speaker 2: Lamar has one of the MVP twice and still haven't delivered.
Speaker 3: So I mean, it's tough, but I would get like I said, it's a regular season to watch. I will give it to Lamar, but you gotta start holding them to the account of bibit of getting championships too. You can't just keep giving people championships when you know they're gonna be out the playoffs the first round.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 5: Addition by subtractions a real thing in sports man Diggs got out of there and I told it. I said it before last year when he got rid of Digs in Buffalo, that Josh Allo have his best season. He is because he ain't got to worry about second guests and bitch in the morning about getting me the rock blah blah whoop. And he's done it with basically nobody at wipe out me. You and stack, So I think what he's done, and now Lamar Lamar beat him head on, head to head.
Speaker 1: Don't put me in there, put you in Jack and that ship. I'm out there working.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know you're a tight end. You're a tight end, Lamar. You know this is the thing. Lamar beat him, had the head. That'll probably count a little bit when they do this. But last year, Lamar, I thought, had the work first MVP season of any former winner. Statistically speaking, he did. Josh Allen had better status last year than this year. So it's kind of how they do this thing. Man, I'd say they don't let Lamar get it just because of what they say in the narrative and whatever they call fatigue and all that shit. I think Josh Allen will get it, but either one in this In this case, I just think Josh is.
Speaker 1: Doing more with less.
Speaker 5: And then you had Derrick Henry which helped him, which helped Lamar. Absolutely, this is this is just it's gonna be a it's gonna be interesting playoff. I think those who play for the AFC title anyway, So I wish they would wait, Yeah, and then MVP is the winner of that ship.
Speaker 2: They don't do that.
Speaker 1: Our partners over at DraftKings have Josh Allen a minus five hundred favor while Lamar Jackson a second at plus three fifty. Before we get Trau to your JP. Where could the people find you?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: The Coach Ab Show.
Speaker 5: It's your former colleague at Fox, Big Smithy Darnelle Smith's on my co host and like I said, we were five days a week, three hours a day. We're the first thing smoking before the McAfee show live on YouTube, The Coach Ab Show with Big Smiti.
Speaker 1: So JB Man, we appreciate you man, best of luck with everything. Man, let me let us know if you need us on the show and what have you back, No doubt, appreciate it. Appreciate you last but not least New year, same hate. Let's welcome to the show. Socialmedia is very old fan favorite. My god Gino the neighborhood hater Davis's man Jack is here today. Yeah, per.
Speaker 4: Personally hating the comments is getting me back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man and the person in the building here. How are you and Jack lately? Since you've been starting to become a star on this show, what's your relationship be like with Jackie? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know this nigga many So.
Speaker 1: That's why there's a little fixture right here.
Speaker 2: Money.
Speaker 3: So let's put that out there first. But that's what I do. I do own money, but I don't know if I owe him money.
Speaker 4: At the same time, let me ask you this, though, would I've owed you the two hundred cush ups if I would have missed?
Speaker 3: No, no, because I want to see you here a real night.
Speaker 2: I want to see it from a human being. You weren't gonna make me give you the two hundred push ups. If if I.
Speaker 1: Would have absolutely not, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: I wasn't there. I wasn't even there.
Speaker 4: G he would have I wasn't there anyway that she just took away all my nervousness right.
Speaker 1: Now, sources system sources close to the program, if told me that the Lakers heard Gino was tired of d Lo and got him out of there. For you, de Look, I traded Delo's gone because of Delo's gone, because of Geno. He's with the nets And Finney Smith came over in exchange. And who was the other one? Shake shake Milton a crispy product. If I'm not mistaken. He went to where the twins go to school like, Yeah, Lakers the seven three since that trade.
Speaker 2: That's what NBA names Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: That was funny. That was allo funny. Through Uh thoughts on trade Lakers just seven and three in their last ten, fourth, currently in in a in a tough West excuse me, fifth, currently in a tough Western conference. Thoughts on them listening to you and getting deal this year.
Speaker 4: I mean, no, come on, man, all right, I hope you wasn't gonna say that ship, but I did tell you, guys, first was the first point in business.
Speaker 1: They heard you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they got him out of here.
Speaker 1: They heard this show and got him out.
Speaker 4: Yes, didn't make us better yet. We're gonna see DFS and shake. You know, they just got here. They've been here a couple of games. Uh, they're going to move the needle for us maybe, but I think we still got some work to do in the trade.
Speaker 1: I mean, since since they since they're listening to you, I mean, what else what at this point would you like to see done?
Speaker 2: I mean, you know me, man, I'm a I'm here for dearon Fox.
Speaker 1: Oh like you would love to see the aeron y'all could have got him. Y'all could have I take him too.
Speaker 2: I know that overlooked what's his name? Baul? Yeah a Lonzo? Yeah yeah, right, whoever? But I feel like, what would.
Speaker 1: You be willing to give up to get deer Fox.
Speaker 4: Two or about three in a couple of first rounders?
Speaker 1: So Austin reeves pick pick.
Speaker 2: Out of him?
Speaker 4: Also back no for dear Fox Alonzo ruye yep, r like pick pick two and get the funk out of here, right because we have to make a change no matter what happens.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I haven't heard dearon Fox to the Lakers, but that deeron Fox Lebron and.
Speaker 4: A d is that's just my wish list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Christmas is over, but yeah I'm not mad at it. Yeah, and a couple of first rounders and a couple first one he's gonna leave any of the deer Fox wants out, is what I've been hearing. Yeah, yeah, he's out on the contract.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's get to let's get Jimmy.
Speaker 1: He's too right, you want so you would like to possibly see Jimmy and.
Speaker 2: Like white shine, that can make it happen. But why not y'all need somebody tough over there.
Speaker 1: Absolutely absolutely Jimmy wouldn't be a bad fit for.
Speaker 4: Jimmy comes over here. They're talking about he can't get his money right, like he's not getting his extension. He'd come in here, be mad, plays hard out for us. You never know what happened. Would he do that? I got a nice big house out here too.
Speaker 2: I know it. Yeah, well we'll see.
Speaker 4: I don't know who. I don't know who else can come in and move a needle for us, except.
Speaker 1: Nate's being the producer hater. You're the neighborhood hater. But he's shaking his head at everything you're saying back here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Nate shakes his head on everything I say, no matter on camera off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know it.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying I'm wishful, wishless, Yes, wishless.
Speaker 1: Kawhi is back. Kawhi is back the first I said it, first game back, twelve points. Thoughts on your your your crosstown favorites. Uh, finally getting Kawhi back in the saddle, and and and you know, I think he Lou has done a great job at coaching this squad this year. What could the Clippers do with a Kawhi that works his way back into shape? The second half of the seat.
Speaker 4: I mean the Clippers are good without him, Yes, they been playing well without que so we're gonna know, like if what his impact is when he gets back. Now, they are the Clippers. I don't give a shit about them. I hope I hope they fall off. But Kawhi, I mean, we'll see. He hasn't played this year. We'll see what happens. I'm not even I don't even have anything to.
Speaker 1: Say about the Paul George situation so far hasn't necessarily paid off dividends in Philly, Like I think they thought it, Well, what do you see over there? What's the any issues over there?
Speaker 2: Game has been baling who James? Oh? Who Harden? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why they're where they are though, That's why they compete every night. But Paul, I think he made the wrong decision to go to Philly. Probably should have went to go to State, someone who where he could be more impactful. I don't think he even knew that in bids.
Speaker 2: Who he was. And what is EMBIID lazy? Right?
Speaker 4: Isn't that what the word is on EMBIID what they're saying. Yeah, and he doesn't like to play back to back games all kind of weird shit.
Speaker 2: That he does.
Speaker 1: But super talented though.
Speaker 4: And mak him fifty plus, I believe.
Speaker 3: See that's when they met him. Growing up playing basketball, you grow up getting in love for. But he didn't play till later on. He didn't start playing to later on in life. As a kid you grow up with and find the love for the game. You just start playing like it is at eighteen nineteen and is making money. You ain't got no love for you, planning for a job, right Jackson, that's him right now.
Speaker 1: There's still plenty of time. We're not quite to the halfway point. Can the Sixers turn this around?
Speaker 2: I say no? I say no, speaking of.
Speaker 1: Harden twenty one, eight and six silently having a very solid seasons as the main focal point. And maybe there was just too many people on that team, three guys that are ball dominant somewhat with him, PG and Kawhi. You know, now Kawi's back, PG is gone and James's still at his age? What is he thirty four? How was James Harden thirty four, thirty four years old, silently solidly leading this team. Clippers and the Lakers actually have the same record without Kawhi, without Kawhi, so you know, we'll see what he.
Speaker 2: Does for them. But that says about the Lakers. I'm sorry, what does that say about the Lakers? They were med.
Speaker 1: So there's seeds in the bag when they when you buy a Lakers, when you buy that Laker.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, But but I mean everybody outside of Okay See in the West has a chance to win. Yeah, all the way from two, all the way down to ten. So I don't feel bad about us as bad as I did last week.
Speaker 2: Thirty five makes it even better.
Speaker 1: Just want to give a quick shout out to our bruined sister Natalie Nicasse, who is the Valkyrie head coach, the new team in the Bay Area.
Speaker 2: She played at u C.
Speaker 1: L A when me and Ray were there, and uh man, she was assistant coach with the Clippers when I was there. So shout out to Nat. Continue to do your thing. We'll come check out a couple of games with you guys this year. But best of luck in the w n B A that's starting to really pop and talking.
Speaker 4: Ship real quick. Man with the Twins man and Cresby man working you quiet on the sideline, that must mean they're hooping out.
Speaker 1: Well, they put a muzzle on me.
Speaker 2: Bro not really the bullshit.
Speaker 1: They suspended me from the playoff games last year, you know, So they put a muzzle and then I had to I had to go to the principal's office at the beginning of the season at Cresby and they told me I had to get my shit together. So yeah, I'm I'm there. It's crazy. It's crazy Jack, the way they did me at that Harbor Westlake thing. But twins have been playing teams fifteen and four. If I'm not mistaken. Isaiah's over here floating around triple doubles now that's his new thing. He's trying to get triple doubles every game. Carter led the team scoring last game with twenty one. They got a big game. They got Tyron Stokes and Notre Dame on Wednesday at Crespy at the cribs, So we're gonna see, man, they got a nice point guard over. Obviously, to me, Tyron Stokes was one of the most complete high school basketball players in the country. The Twins were actually supposed to go to Notre Dame before Derek took the job of Cresby and they transferred over to Crespy. Yeah, he had his junior went over to Notre was that Notre Dame too, So yeah, that'll be a big one on Wednesday. But it's been a good season, man. You know, the Twins are playing well, the team is playing well. It took a little bit to find their chemistry. They lost, you know, Joe Sterling went over to Harvard Westlake. Shout out to Joe and what they've been able to do. Their top ten in the country now after that tournament in Arizona. So yeah, their top ten in the country. So yeah, I mean the Mission League is tough, man. It's it's Harvard West Lake, it's Notre Dame, it's Sierra Canyon who always has super athletes in the jumping, and then you know there's Crespy in there trying to get it done. So we will see a good job too, man. Now Fish is definitely Yeah. Year two for Fish, he's done a much better job. And I think, you know, to his credit, it's tough, man. You go from coaching NBA players to w NBA players to high school players. There's just such a huge difference that I think sometimes last year he would give them the grace, he would give pros and you know kids need a little bit more guidance in structure, but you know, hats off to him. He's definitely done a lot better job this year of just kind of managing the game and understanding that you're dealing with these teenage teenage kids. So Crespy's doing well, man. But you know, now the league starts, so we go see what happens. But we will be at the game enjoying it on Wednesday. And thank you for your time today, sir. I'm glad so I would love to see. I don't know if Jack's paying you or what's going to go on today, but hopefully you guys can get back on track.
Speaker 2: Just because he his word, that's how he is.
Speaker 1: He's a man of his word.
Speaker 4: Straight up, stand up god I've ever known from him, so anything else will be different.
Speaker 2: So get your kids.
Speaker 1: Hey, that was fake. That was fake gasson right there.
Speaker 2: The street bullshit, look at my half.
Speaker 1: Tell the UK see before we get out of here. It's playoff time, baby, what was on? Right? We'll check my record for the season and get back to you guys. But the playoffs are here, and here are my picks for this week's playoffs. Chargers at the Texans Chargers minus two. I'm gonna take the Chargers minus two and a half. Chargers minus two and a half. Going into Texas Steelers at the Ravens minus eight half, It's a lot of points in the playoff game, a lot of points in the playoff game. I'm gonna take.
Speaker 2: Damn. Gotta take the Ravens.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're gonna win by that much, but I gotta take them. So going with the Ravens. Sunday, Packers at the Eagles Eagles minus three and a half. I'm not gonna listen to coach jb I'm gonna ahead and take the Eagles minus three and a half. And last, but not least, the Broncos at the Bills. The Bills minus seven and a half. And that's a lot of points, but I'm gonna take Josh Allen to not only get this dub but be the NFL.
Speaker 2: MVP this year.
Speaker 1: That's a rat for this week's Unplugged First Show twenty twenty five season. We appreciate you guys tuning in. Stay tuned, man, It's gonna be a fun season this year on Unplugged. We appreciate you guys and we'll see you next week.