Speaker 1: The Around the NFL podcast.
Speaker 2: He's talking to America right now and the world.
Speaker 1: From the Chris Wesley podcast studio. It's Around the NFL. I'm Dan Hanss, Greg Rosenthal, Mark Sessler heroes both are here as well, and it is the week for preview Proper Draft edition. We previewed primetime in England game on the Wednesday show, including Chief Jets SNF. There is a report and thank you to Andrew Ceciliano for sending this along to me that this is from Mark Burns on x get in. Price for Chiefs Jets jumped forty three percent from eighty three dollars to one nineteen on the secondary market after it was reported that Taylor Swift would likely attend. Whoa.
Speaker 3: I mean, we just had a you know, before the show. We don't just roll in here and start the show in two minutes. There's a lot of pre showed chatter and we were debating the whole tailors thing, which I think probably annoys some of our hardcore like football fans, but it is of interest to us.
Speaker 1: That's okay, But what does that have to I don't know you're supposed to That was like.
Speaker 4: A big salteam cracker with nothing on it. Give me a little what I just said. What's your point.
Speaker 3: I think it's I think it's having a because I think it's like it is quietly a massive NFL story, because we talked about yesterday that Jersey sales for Travis Kelcey have blown up, and that means it's people that didn't care about Travis kelce a week ago, now they do. And it's bringing like this new fan piece of the pie into the NFL world, and.
Speaker 4: So the NFL loves it.
Speaker 1: Here's my prediction. Let's take out like Week one or whatever. But actually there's Sunday Night football is never Week one.
Speaker 3: But how about that.
Speaker 1: I think this this game and I don't really need to see that game get too many extra eyeballs on it, because it's gonna be don't look up, gonna do the biggest number of the year. It's because all the swifties are gonna tune in, especially the beginning of the telecast monster number, and you're gonna have Richard Deitsch and all the other media people, marshand our buddy from the Post. Everybody's gonna be talking about that, and that maybe will deflect some of the actual agony. Connected to the football game. How many total lock it up? That's my prediction.
Speaker 3: How many total minutes of Taylor Swift do you get airtime on the show. It's not you know, you can't. No one's gonna be satisfied all these people with you know, eighty seconds of cut away the entire time. It's gonna have to be minutes on minutes.
Speaker 1: They're gonna have her in a secondary box because it's gonna be a thirty five point game by third quarter, right.
Speaker 5: I mean, there's any two American men who can handle this with like the coolest of ways. It's Mike Turico and Chris Coms just be seamless.
Speaker 1: I don't know there she might be a little too mainstream for them. You know, I could picture Trico and Collinsworth and like CBGB's in seventy eight. You know those guys are punks, all right, So.
Speaker 3: Collins where it's like a camper van Beethoven.
Speaker 1: Finn't I don't get the rep I went deep.
Speaker 4: You'll go check it out.
Speaker 1: I will. Today we're going to go through all of the Sunday games, not like I said, and on primetime we do a draft style. Greg will have the first pick, which, by the way, is the number one pick of the week presented by Draft Kings. And this is the and it just worked out for old Gregy. It did, Oh, Greg, last step in the poop? You know, why do they say that you step in the poop? But it's good luck? Isn't that like a thing.
Speaker 4: I would prefer not? That's bad luck?
Speaker 1: And I think it means that something good is going to happen you. Or maybe that's when a bird relieves itself on you. It doesn't matter. Greg's very lucky boy jargon. So now he will take with the first overall pick.
Speaker 5: The Miami Dolphins heading to the Buffalo Bills. Hello, Jim Nance Tony Romo. It was pretty easy to take this first overall. I was excited.
Speaker 4: Whenever that the Bills are two and a half point favorites in this game. The total.
Speaker 5: Is fifty three and a half, which you know and carry the one that's sixteen and a half less than the Dolphins scored by themselves last week. And I thought about locking this game up for the Bills, getting bold because I do think this can be a reminder for everyone that Buffalo has because the Dolphins are the story of the NFL right now that we're a different Bills team. We've been in a lot of big time games, and they are different because they're a run first team. I don't know about like they're going to have a high run percentage, but they do have the highest two tight end percentage in the entire NFL.
Speaker 4: That's down through three weeks.
Speaker 5: Some of these numbers matter more to me, and they're fourth in the NFL and explosive run rate. They've been doing these long slow drives. It is a very different Bills offense and it's going again a different Dolphins defense, which has just been their twenty first in Dvoa. They haven't been great, but what they do is give up long, slow drives. So I do think offensively, the Bills are more prepared this year than they have in past years to slow down in offense like the Dolphins, and we can get to that side of the ball, but they can slow them down partly with these long, slow offensive drives. And I really think I've been impressed by the way Josh Allen's played in the way.
Speaker 4: They've been running the ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean James Cook, I think rather quietly second among running backs in yardage to completely Christian McCaffrey, like he's looked great three weeks in a row. That is a new element to their offense. I mean it had them last year, but it's like you're getting this version of them. They're doing it with a lead to which impresses me, Like I'm with you on the fact that their offense if you get like the and I get a little tired of this, like which version of Josh Allen will you get? But to be honest, like he kind of blew the game against the Jets, And it's like if they get into a situation where Miami's offense is using its speed against a Bill's defense that is really stout even without von Miller, but not a super fast defense. I mean, I know what defense is out there that can deal with Miami speed.
Speaker 4: And like there are these amazing.
Speaker 3: Clips out there that show you know, you've got Raheem Mostart running right up the center of the field and like four or five Broncos players like looking like they're asleep on the grass, like they're napping, like they're snoozing, and it's like that's what they do, and they demoralize Denver so quickly to bad defense this is a different Bills defense that leads the NFL with nine takeaways twelve sacks. Again without von Miller, Leonard Floyd's been really big for them. And there was a question like Kenshawn McDermott head coach and also call the defense adequately to great, and it's been great so far. So it's at least the Dolphins getting I think a real test this time after last week's apocalypse for Denver.
Speaker 1: So the Dolphins Week one out of their minds, Week three out of their minds. The Bills are saying, well, week two against the Patriots, they were efficient. They think they had over four hundred yards, right.
Speaker 5: GREGI yeah, but a couple unforced theirs and the driver that the Patriots really weren't the ones that made him stop, right.
Speaker 1: But it's the old Rocky fourth thing. The Russian's been cut. He is a man, he bleeds, and it's not like the Dolphins have rolled through all three weeks unstoppable. So I think the Bills are looking at that. I think you nailed that, Greg with your comment that the Bills have to do what they can do, which is control the pace of this game. The defense has to be opportunistic, they just got to slow down this machine because you know, Miami's playing obviously with a lot of confidence, and you got to get too uncomfortable. That has been a big part of this too, is just sitting back there, I think, don think ding ding.
Speaker 4: D How did you do it?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 4: It's so tough when he gets rid of the ball.
Speaker 1: So fast, right, And that's part of it, And there are ways to defend that. I would imagine, to kind of clamp down on the receivers, but again, these aren't normal receivers. As is wattleback this week. I think he's practiced. Yeah, so that's going to be an added challenge. But the Bills, yeah, they need to somehow find a way to disrupt the flow of this Miami offense because we've seen it. We saw it last year. This offense is not impervious. Like if you knock them off their kilter and get them kind of misaligned, they can struggle for even weeks at a time. And I kind of like the Bills in this spot. I think I respect the Dolphins what they've done, but I think Buffalo is really course corrected well here in these last two weeks. They're playing very well on both sides of ball. I love the way Josh Allen and Stefan Diggs are working together right now, and I think this is a bit I think this is the Bills game. I think they're going to take a little wind out of the sales of the Dolphins this week.
Speaker 5: I feel like I'm always a little worried when we're all on the same page, or maybe we're not all, but Dan and I are on the same page here because this is a different Dolphins offense. I'm really excited to see how their run game moves forward. And to me, that's the biggest change this year from last is how in sync this running game is. And that's what Mike McDaniel does well. But to me, the one stat that explains more than anything else, if you just want to understand why the Dolphins are who the Dolphins are, is that Tua has the fastest time to throw in the NFL and also has the highest air yards per attempt in the NFL. That's just a math problem that kind of breaks your brain, and it breaks defenses. He throws at the quickest and he throws at the deepest, and he's going against a defense on paper that is as well set up to stop him as any defense in the NFL, because they've been together for five or six years.
Speaker 4: You got Mike Hyde who's playing great.
Speaker 5: Poyer maybe not so much, but they've been together a long time and they're designed to prevent big plays. And we'll see if that can happen. Right now, Tua in his passing EPA is the highest through three weeks since Tom Brady's in two thousand and seven.
Speaker 4: And that's the kind of offense this offense has been so far. Yeah, it's just like.
Speaker 3: It's absolutely working. And I would point to something. I know we're in a different era than we were back in the day, but Tyreek Hill has six one hundred and fifty plus yard games in twenty appearances with the Dolphins. Mark Clayton, Dolphins legend had eight, and I'm not astray he had eight and one hundred and forty six and that was with Dan Marino. So it's like that was a high octane offensive.
Speaker 1: Just put Dan Reno on this offense and see, you know what would happen.
Speaker 3: He had a quick release too. I mean like that he avoided a lot of sacks. But it's like it's like you, how do you? I I can see what the Bills did to Sam Howell last week, and they've been dominant two weeks in a row. But it's like, I'm not sure anyone can do it to the Dolphins now.
Speaker 5: I think they're even then fifty three seems low, like as the total like it for all, I'm saying that it's a different Bills offense. He slowed the game down, the defense is better. I still think you got to win like twenty nine to twenty six. It's not gonna be something where you keep them down.
Speaker 3: Dolphins are one and eleven in Buffalo in their last twelve games. It's like, but last year, even in that, like in the playoff game, with a deep seated, distant quarterback not your starter, they gave him battle.
Speaker 4: Again either, Tompson almost took him out right.
Speaker 1: The Bills weren't quite right by the end of last season either. I mean, you had obviously the Hamlet situation. You saw what happened the following week, and since an I feel spot here. It is.
Speaker 3: It's not a terrible spot, but it's like, I mean, what the Dolphins said less than a week ago is historic. Like I'm not I'm not gonna kind of feel like this ain't the Broncos, no more, it isn't. But come show me that you can stop this team.
Speaker 6: That was the game of the week presented by Draft King sports Book. New customers can bet us five dollars and get two hundred in bonus bets. Instantly download the Draft King sports app and use code ATN. That's code ATN only at Draft King sports Book. Draft Kings sports Book an official sports betting partner of the NFL.
Speaker 4: But you guys aren't allowed to watch this at all? Oh, we just me. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Actually it's super annoying because I was trying to maneuver that, like how do I do it? But this damn NFL schedules drive me nuts this year so far, we have another Sunday where there's only three late games nine, so we're getting pelted here where we have to all split those games up, so there's no way to really keep an eye on that game, which is a damn shame. And again, bully to you, Greg, you really stepped in it, which I think means good luck.
Speaker 4: It doesn't sound good, all right, big news.
Speaker 1: Second, overall, pick, there's a trade, first time this season.
Speaker 4: I'm always suspicious of these trades when I'm not involved.
Speaker 1: Why should you? I actually was planning to maybe make an offer to you for today. Wouldn't it like a godfather offer? But I was like, you know what, No, I.
Speaker 4: Would have thought about it because there is one intriguing late game.
Speaker 1: I know. After I heard what you said before the show, I was like, damn, I should offer two number ones? All right? So anyway, Dan sends the number two overall pick today and the number four overall pick next week to Mark Sessler, who sends me back today's number three overall pick in next week's number two pick from Mark.
Speaker 3: So like, So I got a text from Dan about this, Okay. I didn't even look at the terms because it's like like, you know.
Speaker 4: Mark got no premium whatsoever?
Speaker 1: Oh Mark got a premium? Oh Mark PREVIOUM, what's your pick? Mark?
Speaker 3: I guess I get. I do get to pick this game. That is a what a what a treat? I'm going to go Baltimore at Cleveland.
Speaker 1: That's the premium.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, I see they're like, you know that you wouldn't have taken that. This isn't one week.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think you would have.
Speaker 1: I absolutely That's why I traded the pick. Okay, all right, well there's no high value number three pick for me. Sorry, I bully to me. I stepped in whatever it is people are step in.
Speaker 4: That's fair, that's fair. I like this game, Yeah, I know you do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I kind of like it for for the Ravens reasons too. I watched them last week and that in the Colts game, and like, uh, I don't know, We're three weeks into the season and I am not totally sold on this Ravens offense. I mean, I think you got you got flashes of Lamar Jackson reminding you that the fire is still there and burning, burning bright, that there is these moments of excellence.
Speaker 1: Well you heard the Lamarmie after week two, they just go nuts as soon as Lamar has a big week. Yeah, but I mean he's sandwich those that one big game now with.
Speaker 3: Kind of like, I'm not in the Lamarmie, like I I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying you are.
Speaker 4: No, I'm more suspicious of anything else.
Speaker 1: It was Okay, that was a direct shot right at the bow of Rosenthal.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Week one, I don't know least I think he struggled week one. Last week was there was a lot going on.
Speaker 3: I'm seeing I'm seeing this like this, this offense making mistakes a couple of games Lamar Jackson with some terrible fumbles and ball control issues. I think also the way that they crumbled on third and fourth down last week in key situations where it was like, I get it, it's a rookie receiver. I think Zave Flowers has a great future, but there were some bad drops. Mark Andrews has not really gotten he wasn't active Week one, but he's not really gotten unhooked in this offense at this point in general, just like do you really trust them to go damage people? They had a lot of injuries. I think if you if you want to say why things can change, uh, Ronnie Stanley's practicing, Tyler Linderbaum's practicing.
Speaker 4: They were down Williams six of eleven starters, right.
Speaker 3: So they've done what they've done. They've done what they've done with injuries. I get that, but this is a different Browns defense. And even Cleveland during Milk Toast seasons, they've had at least one game against Baltimore where they kind of like your division opponent, you know who they are, and they showed they know who the Ravens were and like this is a different attack. But I think Cleveland what they're doing right now, and we've talked about it a lot, it's kind of crazy. They've forced three and outs on sixty one point five percent of opponent drives. That's obviously the most in the NFL. They've allowed one touchdown all season. They basically last week against Tennessee what Tennessee accumulated in an entire game other teams do in like two or three drives. It's like they just find a way to shut them down. And we talked on we talked yesterday about just the way that Miles Garrett now has been unleashed by Jim Schwartz because you've got Zadarius Smith and help around them. It's just dangerous. And I really don't know how Baltimore deals with this. It's like it's kind of like the reverse of dealing with Miami's offense. It's like, show me that you can go put it on Cleveland's defense. I don't know if this version of where the Ravens are, maybe it's gonna take them a couple more weeks or even a month plus to kind of see what this offense is but I just don't trust them to go four quarters and outmatch the Browns.
Speaker 5: I think the Browns should be pleased with the schedule makers. They're catching the Ravens now sure, and like they could be three and zero in their division. They probably should have won that Steelers game. They didn't, but they could be two and one in the division. It's not just that the Ravens are forming and the and the Browns are coming out like a house on fire.
Speaker 4: It's the injury situation. Even if you get those two.
Speaker 5: Offensive linemen back, Bateman's out of practice, obj Is out of practice. They're the the linemen are coming back and they're not one hundred percent. Dobbins got a concussion, so you actually have three new injuries of starters not Dobbins, Gus Edwards obviously replacing Dobbins. And the matchup of snaps. This is always on my raider, this is my corner. Uh, that Roqwan Smith and Clowney and that Ravens team were on the field so long last week. Rokwan Smith played eighty four snaps. Last week, Miles Garrett and the Browns barely played. It was like a preseason game, thirty six snaps for Miles Garrett. That's more than double that the Ravens defense. And I'm not saying they're gonna come out tired. I think the Ravens have a chance in this game. But to me, the Browns are a little more fully formed right now. And I'm a little surprised they're not favored by more. What are they two and a half point favorites in this game. That's not a lot of respect for the early season.
Speaker 1: It was actually, yeah, Baltimore's offense was weird against the Colts. They scored a touchdown on the first drive, and then after that fumble punt, fumble, punt, punt punt, they scored a touchdown, field goal, punt punt miss field goal punt downs and there was very rarely can you boil And that was a very even back and forth game against the Colts. And again shout out to the Colts who are frisky.
Speaker 4: Wheel are backup quarterback in.
Speaker 1: There third and six at the indy forty four yard line, seven o eight to play in overtime and Lamar has a Flowers over the middle open I mean open open, and he completes that pass. Ravens win that game.
Speaker 5: It was or if they call the PI on the next play, which was even worse, wasn't it unless they punted. I'm mixing up the the non p I CA on the fourth down.
Speaker 1: Yes, but that and that's how slim the margin of error is. You know, you need your quarterback to hit that throw because Justin Tucker is not missing once they're inside the thirty there inside the forty, and so it's not like they had some type of miserable game overall. But the offense, yes, is inconsistent. And that's why I agree that the Browns are playing with so much confidence on defense and the way they're swarming right now Cleveland, that it's going to show me something, GREGI if Lamar can get right on Sunday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And this is, you know, to be fair, the best offense the Browns have played. They've played three offenses in offensive lines in particular, that have been terrible. I mean, the Bengals offense has kind of been a mess to start the season, that the Steelers and the Titans. Now the Browns have made all three of those teams look worse by far than they have against any other teams. But those are three really struggling offenses. This will be tougher. I'm also curious how the Browns offense looks. You really saw a transition away from the Nick Chubb offense last week. I think it was pretty clear they're second in the league and empty formations in terms of having you know, no one in the backfield with him and just spread it out. The fancy came out and he was just throwing it all against wall. It was like, you know, jet sweeps and trick plays and design runs for Watson and empty and Watson kind of going through and avoiding sacks. It was Watson's best game. Wasn't even a great game, but it was a good enough games pretty good and that's better.
Speaker 4: That's better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Shook said the same thing. Or I watched it and I'm like, I'm not saying this is Texans Watson, but that was a big problem.
Speaker 5: He made some nice throws, avoided sacks really well. I think it's partly because he had one of the biggest bloopers since Aaron Brooks. That was insane, you know, just like that, that was that game. But you're right, other than that, he was quite good. So I'm can I'm watching that, like, let's see if that transition continues because there was a lot less under center run game. The run game stunk last week and it might struggle this week again.
Speaker 1: By the way, Elijah Moore doesn't happen for the Browns, it won't be for a lack of trying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they are, they are.
Speaker 1: I think one of his frustrations in New York was that they weren't scheming ways to get on the ball. The Browns are relentlessly scheming to get the ball, Elijah Moore. It hasn't really resulted in much yet, but that's something to keep an eye on as to become more of a passing offense going forward. All right, I guess now that comes to me. And yeah, like I said, one of the reasons I wanted to get out of that spot was because I knew Mark wanted that game and I wasn't in love with a third game. So but I will take let's stay in the NFC East or head to the NFC.
Speaker 3: So you did it for my benefit.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I know the score here, that's a score.
Speaker 5: He knows also that he didn't love that that I like game and next week it might help him out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that game. But I know somebody really wanted that game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I guess I appreciate it. I mean I do genuinely.
Speaker 1: Well, if you would have, if you would have turned your nose up at the trade offer, I would have had no choice.
Speaker 4: I just think it.
Speaker 3: How long did it take me? How long it took me maybe point eight second to write sure? I didn't even look at that.
Speaker 1: I was hoping for a little gamesmanship, but there was nothing I would have I would have given up last.
Speaker 5: Mark's the guy you want to send offers to in fantasy. It was just like, just like, depending on how he feels, it's like it's too much trouble to turn it down.
Speaker 1: I think it was within four seconds he wrote, Sure, let's see I will yeah, take the Commanders at the Eagles. Like the game, don't love it, don't actually after those two games, don't love the sleep Yeah, but I want to see Washington. It was the last game I watched right before it came in today. And listen, it was bad. The samhow was forcing things and and they got absolutely creamed. However, I'll say this, I'll say this. I think you alluded to it, Greg on maybe the Sunday Show, the Sunday Night Show. This was a two score game in the fourth quarterer sixteen nothing, but it was a two score game. And beyond that. In the they were in the red zone twice. The Commanders in this game, like right on the doorstep, and it ended once to turnover on downs near the goal line and once at an interception. So they were knocking on the doors against the Bill a tough Bills defense, and things went to hell. And after it was sixteen nothing in the fourth, there was an immediate terrible fumble by Antonio Gibson that was led to a touchdown and then a pick six and it's good night, nurse.
Speaker 4: It's got like five of those a year. That's been a problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So as bad as that final score was for the Commanders, I'm willing, especially with a young quarterback, to give them a little bit of a mull again and say, Okay, how are we gonna look next week? The only problem here is the next opponent now is the Eagles, So it's gonna be a real measuring stick. Like we talked about on Monday, I think it's been overblown Philadelphia's offensive struggles early on. They've got tons of yardage. Still, the DeAndre Swift looks like the comeback Player of the Year. I would imagine he's eligible for that ridiculous award and just wait, just wait until Jalen Hurts gets locked in with the passing game a big test for young and Sweaty and Deron Pain and everybody on that line to cause havoc.
Speaker 3: I like, so Howell, who's been sacked a league high nineteen times, A lot of those are on him. It's like that that's sort of his growth process here. I just see a team that, like you're right, like the Bills didn't just walk away from that game like immediately, but Washington just sort of handed it away, and like Philadelphia can just take advantage of that. I think that Philadelphia, Like I'm with you. I think that you saw aj Brown heat up a little bit last week, and I just expect that Hurts is gonna whatever little kind of slow starts of the season. He'll work his way out of this. But they are a team that like systematically is ripping off like thirteen plus play drives, Like I think they lead the league in those or the tide with the Rams for that at this point.
Speaker 4: And you're kind of drives.
Speaker 3: I love that because I think it kind of like something's not totally working at its maximum. They just found another way to run. And like Washington last week, one of the reasons I like the Bills is because of their ground game, and what they did last week was one hundred and sixty eight yards on the ground and Philadelphia is like four hundred and fifty plus in the last two weeks. And we talked about swift, but it's like, I just don't see what the weakness is on Philadelphia that a Washington strength can take advantage of. I just I think it's sort of there are a bit sitting ducks in this one.
Speaker 5: I wonder if the Eagle's secondary depth has been properly tested. They've had multiple injuries in terms of their slot cornerback, this at safety, maybe the linebackers. I do think Washington's deep in terms of their passing take are they ready to take advantage?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Eight points seems too much for me.
Speaker 5: I like me some commanders to either win this game or to keep it close in a bounce back game, because I do think this is the best defense Philly has face.
Speaker 4: I think schedules so important.
Speaker 5: I believe early in the season that you got to look at who these teams have played. And I think Washington they were up for the fight last week. I think they'll be up for the fight every week, and I think they'll make them compete. And I do think Okay, this is a division game where these coaches have played against each other and they the Washington's consistently created some issues for Philadelphia. They beat them last year in that game where they just held the ball forever. It was Philly's first loss of the year. It's a division game, and the offensive line for Philly it's far from an issue, but it hasn't been as good protecting the pass this year as previous years, like it's been good instead of excellent, and Hurts has been good instead of excellent. So is this a defense that could actually give them some trouble. I'm convincing myself yes, and that'll be close.
Speaker 4: I would just say good.
Speaker 3: One thing that's different from that Monday night game a year ago where they did they Washington had the ball for so much. The Eagles have had the ball for eighty minutes over the last two games. And we talked about snap count and who's rested and who who isn't like the Eagles defense has really not had to be on the field much.
Speaker 5: And they're quietly better. That's one thing I think Eagles fans have got to feel better. I actually think the Eagles defense by you better this season so far.
Speaker 1: Kiln Carter leads the Eagles we talked about on Wednesday with fifteen QB pressures. Hassan Reddick and Brandon Graham neither have a sack yet and just one QB hit each. But listen, they have so much talent and they have so much ability, and they're staying the offense is keeping the defense off the field that these guys are just warmed up. I would not be worried at all about that either. And I think maybe AJ Brown's gonna finally get you a touchdown here in a big spot.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm not going to complain. Last week he went what one for eight for one or something. I see you, Aj, I believe blanking that one offense.
Speaker 1: I believe you.
Speaker 4: I believe in you. I do.
Speaker 5: I wish I took Devanta Adams or stuff. I think I kind of do. Just got a little little too much with my heart there.
Speaker 1: I likes I like the Eagles here to keep rolling, but.
Speaker 4: To cover well D eight.
Speaker 7: A.
Speaker 3: It may not be a lot though, sometimes you get to.
Speaker 1: You get at Philly Philly, especially with Jalen Hurts, who is essentially unbeatable in the regular season. Here. Uh, they start, they they turn into a bit of a runaway train at home. So yes, I think they're gonna they're gonna take that wood. I'm with You're gonna chop it up, throw it in the old furnace. Is that how it works?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You could, you could do that, sure, if you have the kind of oven.
Speaker 1: All right, should we keep going? Should we roll? Another game? Another game up next?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Mark, it's back to you unconventional this week because of the huge trade in.
Speaker 3: I think you've tricked me into having like six games on Sunday.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I think we have the same everything.
Speaker 1: Everything else is all right.
Speaker 3: Well, I told you pre show what I what I really want toning out.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I love this. Actually I am gonna take my late game. If you're new to the show, we have to you know, you got to kind of be strategic about how you organize your day. Arizona at San Francisco. I think in week one. I would have been like, this will be a nice easy just to wipe out. I think this is disrespectful, and tell me if you think I'm wrong. Arizona is getting fourteen points in.
Speaker 1: This I'm totally cool with that.
Speaker 4: Oh so I.
Speaker 3: Guess like it's come you have to come from the world of like I look at that Cowboys game and it's kind of like an aberration from the norm. I look at Arizona that has fought every team they played this season, and that.
Speaker 4: What's also looking at San Francisco it is and like I think, like.
Speaker 3: I think San Francisco, like it's not totally wild to me. It's just that, like it's a little disrespectful to a team that just wiped out a Dallas team we're calling a Super Bowl contender, and I think they are. And it's just like, this is a well coached Cardinals team. And if you went into the year thinking like the tank thing is on whether or not the players and coaches want it to be. Because Josh Dobbs just simply cannot compete. He's fourth in the league and completion percentage, he's making plays, I mean he uses his feet too. James Connor is running as well as I've ever seen him run. Their defense is disrupting people and made the Cowboys look a little foolish at points last week. Can you do that to San Francisco? I don't think so, brock Purty, really, I think one thing you can talk about with the Coyleege Shanahan offense is they've had thirty plus points and seven eight of seven of his eight starts, he's had open targets on sixty five to four point four percent of his downfield throws by far, the highest percentage among quarterbacks with fifty plus downfield throws since last season. So it's like, this is the Shanahan offense. It works. Deebo Samuel was a little banged up. That concerns me to some degree, except they have so many different weapons that this will be Arizona's real test. Does the floor fall out here? I would just say I think no, because I think that what they've done over three weeks has shown an ability, especially on defense, to hang around. They've hung around, and like what they did to Dallas a week ago was not was not an aberration. I think it was a sign of what they are under Jonathan Gannon, who was an off season, Like everyone's snickering at Jonathan Gannon for some of the like the clip that came out about him and the way he kind of spoke.
Speaker 4: To the team. Yeah we are that summer Well.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess we also did that. We did that to Siriani and Philadelphia, and then we kind of learned from that a little bit.
Speaker 4: But it's like, no, athing, I mean, it's okay to have some fun. We were.
Speaker 5: I wasn't taking it so seriously that like this man is doomed forever.
Speaker 3: No, but it's like it's another example of like some of this, like like the way they speak to the team is.
Speaker 1: By the way, just for context, people, I don't know the the origin of that drop. That was the new head coach that Cardinals going up to a wide receiver for the first time, introducing himself and explaining all the different routes he's going to run. And he was making.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's that's funny. It's a little strange, as my children would say, a little suss.
Speaker 3: It's a little suss. But he's done it good, don't you? Would you say he's would you give him a the B plus?
Speaker 1: If I get this is so Obsessler.
Speaker 4: They are the team set right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you like the team that sucks that then kind of has a little heart and and that's cool.
Speaker 3: I think most sports fans would be a sure, but.
Speaker 1: You especially and if it's a small sample size, you tend to maybe get carried away a little bit sometimes.
Speaker 3: Well, all right, like putting it on the Cowboys is not just this thing that isn't a zero important.
Speaker 4: Now they've been consistent, They're they're.
Speaker 1: Not roughing the Sessler.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying this, You're not perfect. It's a perfect Sessler story.
Speaker 3: Well correct, But can I can I counter and say that like a danism is to kind of dismiss what they did the Cowboys because you believe in the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Yes, because I I agree. Like, for instance, I think it is absolutely commendable the way Arizona has been in every game, despite the fact that everyone said they were gonna get blown out every week and maybe not win the season. So that is that's that's definitely Flowers. I do also think these things happen in the season. I think Dallas was flat on the road three days after one of their key players blew out his knee in practice and I think they caught Dallas a little flat footed and to their credit, took advantage of it. I just think now going to San Francisco is a whole other situation to help with the extra rest Niners team. Brandon Ayuk, I imagine, is potentially back in the lineup here, and I just think it's it's a great story. If Arizona battles for four quarters against the Niners. I think they're a pretty big story.
Speaker 3: If they ever nipped the Niners and I realized that beat them out, that's from I said nipped. If that was from outer space, I get that. The concept is that they are one of the most shocking NFL stories we've ever covered.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 5: I think the thing about Arizona is everyone just has to recognize how foolish. So much of what we accept as wisdom going into a season is because just based on football, they're pretty good. This year, they're actually tenth in DVOA. They've been quite competitive every single week. I don't think that's gonna last totally because of their talent, but I think good coaching could get them to be feisty all year and they could win five or six games or what it turns out being like at this.
Speaker 4: Point, every literally everyone was completely wrong.
Speaker 5: We spent half the off season just saying like this this team is a total abomination. They're not They're competitive on defense, They're a pack of roaming dogs.
Speaker 4: Sometimes.
Speaker 5: I mean, they were pretty creative. They spooked Dak last week. There's some formations there where like what is happening. It's just like seven guys kind of like walking around. I'm making weird movements. Kaizier White, my guy I've always liked. Kaizier White had like the game of his life last week. It wasn't just the interception, Like they're getting guys to play well, but this is a totally different animal.
Speaker 4: I'm with you.
Speaker 1: Fortunately, the Cowboys win was really impressive.
Speaker 4: I think they'll be I don't know how good.
Speaker 1: The Commanders are the Giants are at this point, but I just need to see a little bit more of before I get like swept up in this.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing, and you're right, Mark, that's kind of my thing.
Speaker 1: But I sometimes I hate at the beginning of an NFL season where it's the three game sample size and we get fired up about it and then by week six it's completely on its ear and sometimes not. This one to me smells Niners Bengals Rams. Next three weeks, do I see a win and I don't, necessarily, then there'll be one in five. But call me a hater, I'm just no.
Speaker 3: I think last week maybe told us as much about the Cowboys as it did about the Cardinals.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think the Cardinals are showing though that they can compete with the middle of the NFL, so I think they'll have a chance with with that and then, but the middle of the NFL probably can't compete with the forty nine ers most week. I liked how Kittle looked better last week. I just haven't seen a lot of explosive Kittle in a while. It's been a quieter story.
Speaker 4: Still.
Speaker 1: That's right, guy, That's why he left the Superstar Club too great, right to great criticism from outside sources outside the building.
Speaker 5: Really played well and you might have been pressing and their front line. Look, the Cardinals offensive line has been a huge part of their success this year. They're playing well up front, and this will be a much tougher test against a forty nine Ers team that looks better upfront. They weren't getting any interior pressure last year. This year, Hardgrave is balling out nice signing kin Laws look better and arms that is healthy. Last year, you didn't have any of those three guys essentially at one hundred percent or playing well, and suddenly have three and that's a lot to deal.
Speaker 3: With, all right, mm hmm, I'm up gets a little rugged at this point.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna throw. I'm gonna give Greg a pass here because I would take.
Speaker 5: Just take it, because now I'm because of the way the thing works. I'm gonna have an extra game. I don't care anymore because the late games I'm gonna be watching double No.
Speaker 1: I don't want much Mac Jones forget about that.
Speaker 3: That's a struggle, a visual struggle.
Speaker 1: Uh all right, how about the team of Zeus til the Indianapolis Cults. Let's grab them against the Rams at home. I hope we got Anthony Richardson back in this game.
Speaker 3: He did practice? Is you know it sounds like it's possible. Do you do you think he's well, I know you like him, but like you think he's gonna give them a better chance than Gardner Minshew.
Speaker 1: I don't think Minsche played very well last week, actually, and I like Minshew as a backup. I wish he was my team's backup, but I don't I don't think there shouldn't be any conversation about who should be at this quarterback. I think richard'sn't proven in the time he's been on the field that he's already going to be a difference maker. He's just got to protect himself better and get a little luckier. I saw, like I've seen a lot of stuff around Richardson saying you know, and of course it started in week one when Trevor Lawrence said to him after the game, Hey, you gotta protect yourself. That's why this is a hard sport. Like we're watching this right now, by the way, on free TV and YouTube. Like that hit he takes where he suffers a concussion, it's like he was trying to protect himself. He gets pushed right at the goal line as he's scoring a touchdown. Tell me how to protect yourself right on that like he was. Basically that was a borderline late hit that led to his injury. So I hope I want to see Richardson play because he really has been as good as advertised and and he's a dynamic player and the cult in general. That performance a gets Baltimore one of the great kicker performances that we've seen. Really like you could say it's a bit with Dann kikers. No, I love kickers, especially clutch kickers. And what Mackay did in that game was outrageous with four. He hit from fifty three to fifty three, fifty three and fifty four. And I'm trying to remember who called the game. He had a nice little call at the end. He goes he mentioned the makes and said and he piped every single one.
Speaker 4: That was Jay Feely because he was going wild.
Speaker 1: Oh it was Pheey so j Peelly.
Speaker 4: Dan annoyed that he gave Pheelly pop.
Speaker 1: That is Pheelly the same guy that posted for the prompt picture with his daughter and the date while holding a gun. Is that the same I'd been tracked up one in the same anyway, he piped every single one. Anyway, So uh, this team I thought has been very fun to watch. And the Rams, I think this is another competitive game. I think Los Angeles is going to hang a lot of in a lot of these games.
Speaker 3: One thing I really love about what the what the cults have done, because yes it's it's they're really well coached, just like it's the other coordinator that came from Philadelphia, Stich, and you can see his fingerprints all over it. But part of it is like pieces that were there a year ago to Boris Buckner and that defensive line have caused problems in every one of these games. They did it to the Ravens and last week the Rams Bengals defense kept for one of eleven on third down, gave Matt Stafford all sorts of problems. And I think this is a matchup I don't like for the Rams in terms of their offensive line versus Cults defensive line that has wreaked a lot of havoc.
Speaker 4: That's a it's a great point, Mark, great point.
Speaker 1: Mark.
Speaker 4: The Colts defense has been really impressive.
Speaker 1: Roberts, we need it. I got to dig it up.
Speaker 4: And that's a great point. Mark. You're right, the Coast defense has gotten after.
Speaker 1: Who was it?
Speaker 4: Nobody knows who was that talking. It was, it's Jeremiah Well, that's a great point.
Speaker 3: I don't think it is Tony Grossy. The Browns reporters came on.
Speaker 4: I've always thought that was like Mark has a detailed catalog of all the you know what.
Speaker 3: I like, grew up reading Tony Grossy was like in middle school, I kind of you know.
Speaker 5: For some reason, I always thought it was DJ and it was almost like it was it was hard to pull the words out of him, like he didn't want to.
Speaker 4: Give you them. He's just like slowly, slowly.
Speaker 3: Sony Grossey might have known what he was doing there in that situation.
Speaker 4: Wait, what are we talking about again?
Speaker 5: I think I made a great point about the college defensive front they have gotten after has had some nice moments. Grover Stewart certainly you got you got Buckner, and that's the weakness of the Rams. But then you think of on the outside, these little receivers going down the field, can they win against some big colts cornerbacks. You know who impressed me last week was Juju Brent. I can't say I was too familiar with him as a draft prospect. He was like one of those guys that that if you're really into like speed score and raw athleticism. Score was maybe the most athletic cornerback in the gym, just like one of those guys who just like tested out of the gym, but what didn't really play that well at football. Uh, and kind of like Tarik Willen was a year ago and this was his first game a week ago because he was injured the first week and he bawled out against Baltimore. And he's a big guy. They have some big cornerbacks in Indianapolis. So I'm interested in that matchup. This is a fun little.
Speaker 1: Match job by Vegas. The Desert has this one, right. I get Colts by one and a half.
Speaker 5: That's actually some respect for the Rams there, it is. You know they're saying, not on neutral field, the Rams would bet.
Speaker 1: Her favorites in Week four after the misery of last season and the way people were talking about the team having so many issues. I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I think one thing that, like you thought, oh, without Jonathan Taylor, they're sitting ducks with a rookie quarterback like it's gonna put It's like Zach Moss, who like has been underwhelming career wise, like yes is currently and I'm not I'm not making a comparison, but he's outperforming what a banged up Jonathan Taylor was at this point a year ago.
Speaker 4: Like I would just say that.
Speaker 3: You know, he had one hundred and twenty two yards last week and like he looked good.
Speaker 4: It's like, I mean, they're not.
Speaker 3: That's not a total weakness for them where we thought it would be.
Speaker 5: That's stiching. That's a side that your coaches. I always say, you need a coach that brings something to the table. Well, the fact that you can see Zach Moss going for one hundred plus that you you have to put that on the coaching. I'm saying, the offensive line, the run game, it's impressive. Line's been a lot better like that.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'd be going crazy though as a Colts fan, because you're really happy with the start of the season overall, other than the riches and health stuff. And there are reports out there that Taylor's ankle Jonathan Taylor's ankle is fully healthy. There's also a report from Dan Graziano that he's nearing his he's eligible to come off the pup after this Sunday quote. Still doesn't want to play for the Colts, So it seems like this is heading toward a devorce. You know what. The Eagles are probably gonna get him for a six round pick or something, and then it's just gonna be like, you know, I would love to see this off. This team that is in kind of a bounce back place with an exciting quarterback. Give him a dynamic running back, because forget about twenty twenty two Jonathan Taylor, twenty twenty one, Jonathan Tylor is running back years of the last decade plus. Like, if you could get that out of this office, this team starts to get legitimately frisky and maybe even spicy. Yeah, but I don't think that's gonna happen based on the reports unless there's some type of come to Jesus conversation between ERSA and Taylor. And by the way, if anybody remembers the last conversation they had, it couldn't have gone worse.
Speaker 3: So no, I could see him on the Cowboys, but I'd say it. It's just another kind of credit to Shane Steichen that what's happened over the last couple of weeks has us forgetting all that drama from just a month ago, an organization that seemed to want to shoot itself in the foot endless.
Speaker 5: It's a fun game because it's a swing game I think for both teams, Like who's gonna be the feisty team because the Rams have the Eagles next week? But they get their starback and he actually wants to play for the Rams. Cooper Cup is supposedly gonna be ready to return for week five.
Speaker 4: But if if they.
Speaker 5: Follow one in three, then you start maybe hearing whispers about trade stuff and you got the Eagles next week, Like trade deadline starts getting pretty soon. But if they can win a couple of these games that they.
Speaker 1: Have, I want to see healthy Matt Stafford with healthy Cooper Cup, with Pooka and Akua. Let's I mean, that's gonna be that's fly, That's gonna be nice.
Speaker 3: We've also not given we maybe haven't given Sean McVay enough credit for what the Rams are right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're watchable and competitive. All right, let's take a break and then we will continue on. All right, welcome back. I mentioned, uh remember I debuted a new seg on Wednesday show Media minute?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I like that. Actually it's good branding.
Speaker 4: Something along this line I did.
Speaker 1: Speaking of branding, I noticed Kyle Brand has a new venture, a new podcast. It's it's being advertised during our show. It's a ten minute podcast with with Kyle.
Speaker 4: Sounds great, sounds very great.
Speaker 1: Kyle's gonna kill it, I'm sure in his pitch of the podcast. In the commercial, he says, ah, doesn't everybody hate when you go to click into a podcast and the podcast is an hour and twenty seven minutes long, And it's like, that's like most of our podcast. So there's now.
Speaker 3: Couched inside our hour.
Speaker 4: So now there's a.
Speaker 1: Commercial from our own media group during our show saying, don't you hate when podcasts are like the show you're listening to? Just this is another media minute, give it to me, another media minute with Dan Hanss put Roberts on the spot, putting Roberts on the spot.
Speaker 5: And now it's time for the latest edition of the Media Landscape Report with host Dan Kansas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like what I was just saying, Yeah, like you already did it, You already did a minute.
Speaker 1: You dis Yeah, Brand's gonna do great. Kyle's excellent.
Speaker 5: He also was the one that said he didn't like getting asked for Yes, another podcast, He's coming after us.
Speaker 4: Hey, those are our twenty seven minutes. They're gonna pay for my kids to go to college. I would right it up.
Speaker 1: The eyebrow would go a tilt if we start seeing a bunch of guests on Kyle's new podcast. Yeah, it's just like kyle solo ten minute joint, which, by the way, sounds like a pretty good gig.
Speaker 3: You'd have to go on for like forty eight seconds as a guest. That sounds doable to me.
Speaker 5: Or for his next ad is like, don't you hate it when it's just like three guys but they don't really totally focus on football and one of them can't decide whether they really like the Browns or not, Like, is.
Speaker 1: There anything worse than three middle aged whites from Los Angeles who never played the game?
Speaker 3: Well, two of you didn't, but like, yeah, who needs a touch of mirth?
Speaker 4: Let's go to the next pick in the draft.
Speaker 1: No, let's not because I want to also share something. Okay that.
Speaker 4: Let's just have a music underlay.
Speaker 1: Well, it's connected to last week last shows music underlay the media minute last episode, I mentioned that I really wanted to play Terry Bradshaw not being able to place Desmond Rudders name, and Fox Red threw up the stop sign on it. Yeah, but they don't realize there's a workaround. The Fans of the Hard Knocks podcast know that we cannot use Leev Shreiver's voice on that program, the narrator of Hard Knocks. But we do have a workaround in the forum of Jason Zumwalt. Oh yes, our sound guy, our voiceover artist artiste, the new voice of God, and you who I'm not over the U. So I asked Jason to listen to the Terry Ridder issue on Sunday's Fox pregame show and give us a reenactment, which Fox cannot stop. They have no legal recourse but to let us do this right now, So eat it.
Speaker 2: Murdoch All School football smash Mouth four to time. Russians last week against the Packers. They win that football game. I lock what they're doing. I locked their quarterback out of Cincinnati. What's his name, Ritter Ridder?
Speaker 1: Learn his name when he gets good. Okay, that's not like a script. That was actually what Terry Bradshaw said on Fox.
Speaker 3: That was better than Terry Bradshaw.
Speaker 4: I love that he nailed it.
Speaker 1: Did you know that Terry also had takes about the t Swift Kelsey romance. No, well, well he didn't, but if he did, this is what it would sound like.
Speaker 5: And I did.
Speaker 2: I saw Travis Kelsey with his galfriend up in the suite with his mama. Who is she Lord Dashian or Hilton's sister? Anyway, I wish the best.
Speaker 4: To them and all their future children.
Speaker 1: Gonna be a tall letter.
Speaker 4: Both of them got some hot from what I can tell.
Speaker 1: Where am I listen? Air Porter TV Studio? Oh my god, couldn't stop us Fox, not if you tried. Thank you, fake Terry Bradshaw. All right, let's get back to the draft. Greg double an.
Speaker 5: Eye, I am excited that Patriots Cowboys with Burkhart and Greg Olsen and Aaron Andrews and Tom Ronaldy is available seven point favorites the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Tom is very serious man, that Roald. You could tell some people are just very serious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, then they throw him in these sort of stilted ads where they try to turn into a funny man.
Speaker 4: But that's not who he is.
Speaker 1: We got an idea.
Speaker 5: Let's have Tom play against type I. I'm really intrigued to see this game because I think the Patriots have shown parts of their team that are promising depending on the week. They haven't put it all together yet, but they're playing a Cowboys team that.
Speaker 4: Really needs to improve after last week.
Speaker 5: And I think maybe has a little bit of concern about this old Texas Coast offense that we were so excited about a week ago, or at least Dak Prescott's place in it. When I went to go rewatch that game, I really wanted to see what was up with Dak, because he's the ultimate guy that's better on film on the All twenty two than he is on the TV copy. Like you see it and you can kind of like, oh, he's like he's a quarterbacks quarterback.
Speaker 4: He's making great decisions. You kind of see what he's seeing. You know.
Speaker 5: He's always been a very poor man's Bradier Manning type where he's he's winning from the neck up and seeing the field, and last week Gannon put it to him, and there were many plays in that game where he was double clutching, and I wanted to go rewatch those double clutch plays and see what he's seeing. And guys seem like they were open, and Dak seemed kind of spooked, and then he just started making some crazy decisions like the interception you talked about the end of just like what are you possibly seeing there? And I think Gannon scrambled him with some of the defensive game planning. Fast forward to this week and you're playing a Belichick team who's had decent success against Dak in the past, not like they've played that much, but slowed him down when he's been playing better. And I think this is a tough defense to go against if you start seeing ghosts, because they are able to change who they are.
Speaker 4: On a week to week basis. They really are great at that.
Speaker 5: They did it last week by putting all their big faties up front to stop the Jets run game and Darren Zach Wilson Beta. You know, they got they got a little bit of everyone. And I'm just saying they got the three hundred and ten pounders.
Speaker 4: You could call them hogs. Yeah, but this.
Speaker 5: Week that this week, this week they got their three safeties. Hopefully they get some cornerbacks back. I mean they're not getting Jack Jones back from suspension yet. Marcus Jones is out, but maybe you get Jonathan Jones. You got all these safeties, you're Bill Prepper's playing, well, can you scramble back up?
Speaker 4: I'm optimistic.
Speaker 1: Well. The seeing ghosts is the famous Sam Darnold line from Monday Night Football a few years back against the Patriots, and that's yes, what they specialize in. And Dak isn't trusting what he's seeing with his eyes and getting confused by the coverage, and yeah, you got me spooked. If I'm a Cowboys fan.
Speaker 4: It's just one game, just one game something.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you're gonna want to give him a game script that puts him in some good passing situations where Belichick isn't able to really go to work and go to town on you.
Speaker 3: It's one of these games where it's like you're definitely checking to see who's returning for Dallas because you know, I think last week was impacted by your offensive line injuries. Mike McCarthy said on Thursday Today that Tyron Smith still in the rehab group, Zach Martin, Tyler Biadish doing a little bit more. I mean, it just matters a lot because I don't love the idea of like Christian Barmore and Matthew Judon against the banged up Cowboys line the Patriots last week against the Jets, and I know the Jets offensive line is a slight disaster at the moment, but sixty one point five percent pressure rate their highest for New England since twenty eighteen, So they're clicking. And if you get if they if you get a Dallas banged up offensive line, I don't love that because the Patriots to me, are a snooze fest on offense. They allowed ten yards passing on defense last week. Again, I know it's the Jets, but it's like that just doesn't happen in NFL games in general, thirty nine yards in total. So this is Patriots defense can hang with anyone.
Speaker 4: You saw it against the Dolphins.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Two above the tree tops takes on this one. First of all, if the Cowboys are what I still think they are, which is a BTT big time team, this is when you at home after an embarrassing kind of loss where you play like dog poop and it's like if your head coach and your DC and everybody are good at what they do, they have you coached up and pissed off, and you go and you kill a middling team. The Patriots are like the textbook definition to me of an eight to nine maybe if the ball bounces right nine to eighteen. I just don't see a lot with this offense to be able to make a big play against the Cowboys and to sustain drives throughout the afternoon. I know they did it pretty well against the Jets, but even then, I mean, what was it they hit one big play. I would love to see what like their yards per play was if you take out the coverage bust on the tight end touchdown. So I think New England is a very mediocre offense, and I think the Cowboys are going to run away with this one.
Speaker 4: I think this is what is what is the spread on this It is seven?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the Cowboys are gonna get angry and win by fourteen to seventeen, a generous spread.
Speaker 5: Well, I not only disagree, is he gonna I disagree to the point that I think they're gonna leave a little bit of that roof open on Sunday, That Mac Jones oh played pretty well under pressure, that the defense can keep it close, and that it's gonna be a lower scoring game than you think, and that these Dallas linebackers looked a little shaky and suddenly you're not as deep at cornerback without Trayvon Diggs, and that this is gonna be back and forth. Patriots might win this game straight up, but it's definitely gonna be raiding in Dallas. The Raid Bakers coming out for the first time this year. Let's go oh wow, covering that seven points.
Speaker 1: A love that seven points. This game just got a lot more interesting to them. Make sure Marcus you know this one over here. Yeah, if he does get this right, he will be honking right. Sometimes when the rain maker, when it's dry, right, he doesn't mention it when people have put there.
Speaker 4: If on Greg, we don't catch it.
Speaker 1: That's that's producer work too. We gotta hold Greg accountable on this.
Speaker 3: People's real, real money.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And if you look at the record from last year with something like seven and three or six, we don't know that.
Speaker 1: You got to look over the whole You don't know that the same people are are getting behind all of your picks. What about the person that got behind those three?
Speaker 4: That's on them. They live on the street, now, that's on them.
Speaker 1: Sound like Jordan belfour.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't wouldn't shock me if they went straight up. But I'll take the seven.
Speaker 3: I thought you were going to lock the Patriots, which would have been well, I already did lock the Seahawks.
Speaker 5: So to make a change, I'm doing the classic Uh, I'm locking up Gino and taking the Patriots and the rain Maker. This is maybe the recipe, not the recipe for an emotion. I'm making a surprising greg.
Speaker 1: Back by the way yesterday, I don't know what you know. He said he didn't like talking anymore. No, heat it up there, he's all the way back.
Speaker 4: Hey. Once the camera is on, it's like.
Speaker 1: What about the book? What about the Englishman?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: We ben Isaac's book about you promised the quote about us you promised. I brought it home with me. I took it out of my back, back, back back, and I haven't gone past that yet.
Speaker 4: But I mean, what, all right? My next pick is Dolphins.
Speaker 5: No, rather, I already took the Dolphins, the Broncos and the Bears, and this is these are two winless teams.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: But I have a strategy. When I have a great game like Dolphins Bills, I kind of want one that can get a little less attention as my second game, and that's Broncos Bears.
Speaker 1: What do we call a matchup of two oh and three teams? What do we have for that one? I don't have a great name for that. I don't It's not a double wounded dog game, double cornered animal. This is a I think one of these animals died a week ago.
Speaker 4: It's a tough team.
Speaker 1: For whoever loses this is a loser goal goes home. Okay, whoever loses this one, it's I mean ohing for take a walk.
Speaker 3: I think it's probably you're cooked and on for either team. I think the Bears are to go home this year to be eliminated from the season.
Speaker 5: I feel like the Bears our home, mattib Refluse, Remember they signed those linebackers. Everyone was all fired up tremade Edmunds and and t J. Edwards the first day of training camp for you know, our first day of free agency for like thirty million dollars guaranteed. Edmunds is struggling and his replacement in Buffalo playing very well to Bernard and Jakwan Brisker like a second round picky seventy fourth out of seventy eight and in safety ratings like they were supposed to be built around defense or defensive coach, it's not working. But one of the other reasons, you just gotta throw this out that I took this game to Matt Ryan game. Okay, I and you Matt Ryan. Matt Ryan, the broadcast has a chance I think to be much like Matt Ryan, the player underrated better than people give him credit for, and a connoisseur's favorite. He's starting to make some points here where I'm like, I'm learning something from you, Matt Ryan.
Speaker 1: Despite him double crossing me in Fantasy several seasons, I always liked him as a player. That's why I drafted him multiple times. And I do think he's done a good job. I thought his agent did him a bit of a disservice by without well. According to Matt Ryan, he reached out to the Jets and said, hey, that's available if you want him, as did Carson Wentz representation, according to a Fox report, and the Jets are like, now we're good. Because the Jets are fine, don't look up. And then Matt Ryan had to kind of come out. And I don't know if it was who it was with, who the interview was with, but he said he named his agent, and it was like, you know, that's what a great ad agent does. Like he was doing due diligence for me, and I don't know.
Speaker 5: That's probably I don't believe Matt Ryan for a second. That's the agent taking the fall here. They're they're close, they get they all get how the right.
Speaker 1: But why come out even say anything?
Speaker 4: Well, you must have been asked directly. Yeah, he doesn't like that. Said no, he was probably on a podcast or something. I don't know.
Speaker 3: He was in a tough spot. They got him in that three man booth. So if he does, if he does, his checked her seat out.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 5: We were talking about that. I think that was the plan, maybe from CBS, because I was like, he said that, Oh, really, he was keeping the door up. My agent is one of the best at what he does. Todd Franz is incredible and he wouldn't be doing his job if he wasn't looking into certain situations. He said when he took the CBS job that he wasn't necessarily out out because let's be real, Tiki and Matt Ryan, I don't need Tiki. Tiki's just flying off the handle. He'll just say things and I'm like, are you really just it's just like it's he he announces a game like it's morning drive time in New York, which just doesn't work because like you actually don't seem like you're following this team close enough to have that how to take about their offensive line like say seen.
Speaker 1: Speaking of New York right he he does a show with Evan Roberts on w f an and New York. Joe Beningo, famous like WFN host and and Jet's fanatic, goes on the show with Roberts and tells Tiki he couldn't he couldn't know. I'm trying to remember what it was, but he said, I know what you were at your game on Sunday. You don't You don't know what we're talking about right now. You didn't watch the tape. And Tiki turns off his mic, go turns to Roberts and you can hear on Roberts his mic and goes, that's both and gets off and walks out of the studio, which is yet to happen on our show. No one's ever walked out of the studio.
Speaker 4: What there was wasn't Is that? Did that ever happen way back?
Speaker 1: Or Mark had one walkout? That's right?
Speaker 4: Was it not? For sure?
Speaker 1: Talking about.
Speaker 4: It was early on?
Speaker 3: I want more evidence of that.
Speaker 1: It was in It was in Culver.
Speaker 3: I mean I get it would be in Culver. We've only been here for two years.
Speaker 1: Listened to the show that they well, well, maybe we might have covered it up at the time.
Speaker 4: I think we could.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not saying it's totally impossible, but I just don't recall.
Speaker 1: It might have been around like the Sunday night drop. Is that so right?
Speaker 4: There is one where I'm pretty sure you stormed out.
Speaker 5: Really, I'd like to think it was like a TD TD day time it was there.
Speaker 4: I had to be a little bit for show.
Speaker 5: And by the way, Broncos, you're in this game too, but play better if you want us to talk about your team more deeply.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: That their article that that pointed out in Denver media this week that was like Russ is actually earning his paycheck. I mean, let's come back to us. Russ is like replacement level right now. And you guys want to exactly you want to take a victory lap that he's been fine, he's like the fifth highest paid quarterback.
Speaker 4: And yes, he's been fine.
Speaker 1: He's been an average The problem and I'll tell you what. Some would say, this is madness. Others would say, God, only a real man could do such a thing here. But the Broncos that they're giving up seventy one are facing a a Bears team that's not even a real team. They are not a professional football team at this point. And I don't say that to antagonize Bears fans because they know it too. They've been watching what's going on. It's absolute chaos. They can't unlock the offense. The defense doesn't even know where it's going. The DC is god knows where, not with the Bears anymore. And for that reason, the Denver Broncos on the road three teams and three team having had a seventy burger hung on their neck a week ago, We'll get w number one locking up the Denver Broncos by Sean Payton. Let's go, buddy boy.
Speaker 3: Well, if they have, you know, even twelve less mistackles than the twenty four they had a week ago, that would be fine. They were giving up a league high one hundred and seventy seven yards.
Speaker 1: Rush Dolphins offense.
Speaker 4: No it's not.
Speaker 3: I mean the two teams combined gave up one hundred and eleven points last week. So this is, if nothing else, one of the more interesting lives.
Speaker 1: I I see two teams that are in a really bad way, but I find the Bears to be completely untethered they're like that movie where the guy in outer space is he's tied to the rope and he's doing some repairs on the space station and then like he gets hit by a moon rock or something and he just floats away. Yeah, that's the Bears. The the Broncos are just like, I don't know, they're passed out drunk within the space station, but they're they're still technically part of the universe.
Speaker 4: They lost theirst two games by a combined three points. That's fair.
Speaker 1: I like, I like Russell Wilson having a good game here because I think he's been playing highly decently too, almost good. Well, and we're gonna we're gonna take this one. We're gonna take this one home. Bab what's the spread on it? Three three Broncos laying three?
Speaker 3: Okay, here we go, let's fly Somehow the bronc are are favored on the road after giving up seventy points.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I mean, and that's exactly what I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: The Bear that happening philosophy has been lock against teams more than lock for a team.
Speaker 4: So this is a good one.
Speaker 1: Base though. Let's take a break and we'll be right back with the rest of the draft.
Speaker 7: Hey, everyone's Scott Hansen here, and this is NFL Plus where you can catch every play all in one place. You get access to live, local and primetime games on your mobile phone and tablet. That's every in market game with you on the go.
Speaker 1: I never knew that was the theme.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, and here's my favorite part. You can stream NFL Red Zone live every Sunday.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for right now?
Speaker 5: Right now?
Speaker 7: Go to Plus dot NFL dot com.
Speaker 4: Sign up today?
Speaker 1: Oh no, am I up again?
Speaker 4: Oh you're at That.
Speaker 1: Was a tone setting locked by the old zeuser.
Speaker 5: I mean, let's let's try not to act like a hero that you're locking against the worst team in the league.
Speaker 1: By the way, Also your little zing yesterday. But I get my own nicknames. Also, so you had fact No, you had Wes that gave Daddy Rich based on a Piston's Bad Boys book danzas is from McAfee.
Speaker 5: I pointed that out, said the credit or West credit for that.
Speaker 1: But that's two.
Speaker 4: But you're correcting a point that.
Speaker 1: Your initial statement was that I come up with all my nicknames that by my account outside sources.
Speaker 3: But that leaves you as the only person I've ever met that has given themselves five nicknames or whatever it is sin or seven.
Speaker 5: Think of all the failed nicknames around the eyes that haven't even made it to are yet.
Speaker 4: I think we had a point that degree.
Speaker 3: There's a there's a pattern or a trend, or a compulsion.
Speaker 5: Johnny Knuckles, Johnny Chuckles with the host with the most you know.
Speaker 3: All the I've never heard that one either. Johnny Chuckles was a maybe more of a character.
Speaker 1: Than a nickname. I think it grinds your gears a little bit, Greg that I have nicknames. It's not they're coming from outside the building, inside the building, They're they're everywhere. That's all.
Speaker 4: I got a nickname for you. Okay, I want to hear it.
Speaker 3: No, it's more than me just sort of saying.
Speaker 1: Come on, all right, here we go on with it. I have to pick another game, which is ridiculous. I've already grabbed two early, so I'm going to grab it late. So it has to be Raiders It Chargers.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: What's Jimmy g situation? Where are we at on? Jimmy G?
Speaker 4: T at this.
Speaker 5: O'Brian hoyer game not could be an Aid O'Connell and why not, Aid O'Connell.
Speaker 1: This is this is the type of game Greg likes to lock up. Well charges five and a half right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Greg got a theory on that though, Well, I think that'll move outside the lock zone if Jimmy G doesn't play and that that I don't I'm not into the whole look into the mirror thing, but I think this is a good example.
Speaker 4: Like you don't want to be doing that.
Speaker 1: No, you could technically, but we will not. I yeah, like having watched now, the Justin Herbert performance was beautiful. It was beautiful, and yeah he got away with that throw at the end, but he made so many throws. I actually I had a check marks next to every time Justin Herbert made a big time throw, whether it was a scramble or just in a pocket and let them loose. And I counted nine just absurd throws that not many guys can make. And the Mike Williams thing sucks. He's out for the year at the ACL and they really now need their first round pick to step in and and be a difference maker, which apparently, behind the scenes, that was not the plan. The plan was to bring him, bringing him along slowly and maybe he's maybe next year is kind of his year, and now they need I.
Speaker 5: Think it just wasn't ready having him as like a plug and play right away. He was a bad a bad camp. They were saying it from the beginning. He didn't have a great preseason.
Speaker 1: Right, so let's see it will be telling Chargers fans holding their breaths right now, their breath because they need. You want your first round pick to have an impact. They took them twenty first overall, and now there's a big need at wide receiver. If he is not part of the game plan here, it's a red flag for sure. But you know, Austin Eckler, maybe you get him back here, and I think they're gonna be okay, especially if the Raiders don't have a quarterback. I think the Chargers have a chance here now to start stacking some wins. I like them a lot in this game. I do like them covering five and a half two. I think this is gonna be a Chargers They'll always let you down, and they came very close to blowing that game. Considering the level of play greg from the quarterback so far this season, they are one rushed vikings play and interception away and you know, turn into a touchdown to oh to three, Like it's only the Chargers. It's Chargers going to Charger. But maybe they can start building something here. Momentum starting against them.
Speaker 5: Well typical Chargers fashion, though they're like a couple weird plays from three and oh two. Right, It's just like each game has come down to a totally insane ending that they found a way to blow two of them and they won that last one. Sounds like they did get a nice pass rusher there with their second round pick, Tully Twy. Polotu was kind of dominant last week. He had ten pressures. Like that's a bigger game than we've seen out of Khalil Mack for a long time. So that's nice that you get another edge rusher. It really might have found something. He looks strong. Jace Jackson spoke this week and was very confused why he was bench. He doesn't understand it. He said he's one of the best players on the team, that he's doing everything that's asked, that he's.
Speaker 4: Doing more, and that he was quite upset.
Speaker 5: So this defense, which looked like a mess the first couple of weeks, I don't feel any better. I don't feel any better about his defense. And I'm not putting it past the Chargers to lose this game.
Speaker 4: To aid, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Gonna let jac He Jackson off the hook because he hasn't lived up to a very big contract. But God, you got to communicate with your players, and I feel like there's there's issues going on behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: Man his quote, like, uh, I don't know. It's so pointing at Staley and like, if anything, I thought Staley out of the gate was a coach that seemed of the new age where he would communicate well with players. He's a good communicator in general. And it's just like, what is going on with his team? You know? I point to like the playoff game last year after Brandon Staley mismanaged Mike Williams in the final week of the season without Mike Williams, and that if you had him in the Jaguars playoff game, I don't think you lose that thing.
Speaker 4: I think you win.
Speaker 3: And it's like this time it's not Staley's fault. You just lose Mike Williams again, who I thought completely helped. Keenan Allen, who leads the league with thirty two receptions have this incredible season so far, and it's like arrowed down a little bit on that continuing this way because of what you mentioned about, like the rookie wide receiver in that situation. This is the kind of game where like, I don't know if I trust the Chargers at all, but if you don't take care of business at home, and at home means something different for the Chargers than it does for every other team except the Rams for the most part.
Speaker 4: Is he gonna do it? Is he gonna do it? No? After he promised not to, Well, I was tempted to, but.
Speaker 5: Talking before the show and he was like, well he got a locker in two weeks after.
Speaker 3: Behind the glass and she like, we try to tell her who our lock is. No, it was like tell her who our lock is, and like I switched to three or four times my lock is to come, but I'm not touching the Chargers.
Speaker 1: Uh. This just popped up on my iPad. Uh. You know, the Chandler Jones situation is not good. Raiders Edge who was put into some type of involuntary hold because of parent mental health issues. He came out, he got out of that and said that it was you know it was not something that he agreed to, and he's he's upset. I see a tweet from r G three. Let's all pray for Chandler Jones and his family. I don't know what's going on with him right now, but after everything I've seen, I do know he needs to feel like he's being heard in this moment. I reached out to him and encouraged all of his NFL brothers to do the same.
Speaker 4: You know, it's fine. It's a nice tweet.
Speaker 1: Jones, ride's back, bro, You washed up RG such and such. Sit down. I'm still in the league. You twitter fingers why I like going on?
Speaker 4: That's good. I'm still in like you Twitter fingers is pretty good. Imagine D three.
Speaker 3: I mean, if nothing else, that's a kind spirited, kind hearted message to someone that.
Speaker 1: You're trying to but you're I think you're doing like I don't know, virtue signaling or not really.
Speaker 4: He said he was hospitalized against his will. It's all.
Speaker 1: I don't think we're going to see.
Speaker 5: We don't know the full story, but it's all. It's all troubling, he said. They he was tried to force to take meds and medications, so it's all very upsetting and just on a football.
Speaker 4: Side of it.
Speaker 5: We've seen it in Cleveland, we've seen it with Las Vegas now last couple of years. One elite pass thrusher does not make a pass rush and the rest of the they just now are just sending three guys two guys at Crosby and the rest of that group's not.
Speaker 1: Stepping up unless you're Aaron Donald.
Speaker 4: But he had some guys with them. He had some guys with them, but.
Speaker 1: He's the guy that doesn't matter what you threw at him. That it was kind of good to see old Aaron Donald a little bit.
Speaker 5: But that's sort of a good example that like he can he can get it done. Crosby can get it done, but that's not enough. You still need other other guys.
Speaker 3: Well, they're also like the whole rest of the defense has been a disappointment for like roughly three hundred and forty years in a row.
Speaker 1: I have a developing news here.
Speaker 4: Okay, developing news.
Speaker 1: No, I have developing news, not breaking news.
Speaker 4: Come on, I would have noticed the difference what I do this.
Speaker 1: Because I'm talking walk. The x FL and USFL said Thursday that the two spring football leagues plan to merge and begin begin play next year. The move is subject to customary regulatory approvals. Yeah, I'll be checking out every one of those games. I'm not trying to be mean about this, but sometimes you just gotta say, Nah, this isn't gonna work. Like what makes them think this is gonna work?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like there have been twelve of these organizations or these leagues.
Speaker 1: It's not for a lack of effort. And I understand what these people like Dwayne Johnson the Rock are going for. Like football is the most popular sport in this country. Let's let's move something to the spring. Let's go against like early season baseball, and I guess the NBA playoffs, which is tricky too, and uh, let's let's let's make a play. But it's like, it's just you're so much evidence that it's just not gonna happen. And maybe it almost kind of happened. Is a great ESPN thirty for thirty documentary about the usfl and and Donald Trump played a major role in that getting like torn asunder, but that was a long time ago, like and the landscape is different now, And it's just interesting that instead of after I would imagine abysmal ratings for both these leagues.
Speaker 5: And they've been okay, like compared to other sports, they've been okay. I think that's why, if anything, the two going against each other.
Speaker 1: Nobody loves football more than Greg. How many games have you watched?
Speaker 4: I I Am not going to be watching spring professional football, That's what I mean.
Speaker 5: But I'm just saying, like compared to like a like a baseball game that they put on nationally, like it'll beat that, like compared to like some some like a tennis final or whatever, Like they were getting okay ratings but making the money all work to like get the stadiums and all that stuff. You know, what, do they need a developmental league? I don't know if gonna get it.
Speaker 3: Been a better time ever then to I'd say relaunch with a limited amount of T teams the World League, Like I mean it when when there was a World leg it was like You're putting teams in Germany and all over the place. It's like it's a stretch. We don't know if it's gonna be popular. Right now, it's exploding all over the world.
Speaker 1: We have the International Pathway Program which is helping on that front, developed players elsewhere.
Speaker 3: It's literally different things. But a national league would be I mean this, you like, if you talk about the fact that you can't get people in like American cities to go watch a non NFL product, I think that's a tough sell. I mean, that's probably lower prices. But if you dotted them around international sites where there's this growing fervor for football.
Speaker 5: There was some success, like some success on TV and some success with some of the teams like Saint Louis. That place was rocking. They missed their professional football. They were packing it out. Uh, there was a few cities. So it's like, I don't know. I think professional football could use it though, because I think these players need a chance to develop and it's hard. It's hard the way the NFL offseason And Greg, I just did a little.
Speaker 1: Quick, little research on this. Yeah, so the average I'll use MLB Sunate night baseball gets one point five million eyeballs. The championship game for USFL drew one point two million.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that's that's a lot of people like.
Speaker 1: That's the championship game, is what I'm saying. So you have a whole season of games that are drawing maybe a quarter of.
Speaker 5: That or I'm just saying, like in a in a world where there's a lot of sports on television, that that goes over the bar of like.
Speaker 1: But that that's the championship game, is right?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean there's no argument that it's this roaring success. Half of those are probably just on in like lonely bars.
Speaker 5: All right, let's move on, thank you, all right, go ahead, Wait, who's up?
Speaker 1: It's me?
Speaker 3: I believe, Yes, I'm gonna go Tampa Bay at New Orleans. No Derek Carr, but I don't mind that. I'm kind of into Jameis Wins and I know he's a bit of a disasters.
Speaker 1: This is what we're doing, what we're into Jameis Wins.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're at the back end of picking game. Like, I don't think it's a crazy thing, I know, I just like there's other things going on here. Oh what the New Orleans defense eleven straight games allowing twenty or fewer points. I trust them against the Tampa Bay team that I do not trust on offense. Beyond Mike Evans. I think what happened the last Baker Mayfield appearance we saw, I think it is closer to the norm that we're gonna get from him. I really struggle to find a lock this week. But then I saw this game and I was like, I'm doing something a little weird because this these are two weird teams, but we're in New Orleans, one of the most like safe lock places to play. I think that New Orleans is an irritated, agitated team right now, and I'm gonna lock them up to take care of the Bucks. I don't trust the Bucks on any level right now. I also don't trust my actual lock, but that's locked.
Speaker 1: Up against Baker two weeks in a row now. Last week I thought was a very strong lock.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is shaky.
Speaker 1: This is the Saints with their backup quarterback.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's fine. We have we have different I don't like I don't trust Derek Carr to go do anything either. So I'm different than you on Derek Carr.
Speaker 1: Derek Carr will give you like a kind of a professional middling to higher bar like Jameis Winston's where he is for a reason at this point. So I think it's a personally, I think it's a significant downgrade to quarterback and they just blew a seventeen nothing lead. I'd be worried about that.
Speaker 3: I'd argue they had a seventeen nothing lead.
Speaker 1: And I will now in your favor, Alvin Kamara is back.
Speaker 3: Yep, yeah, Kamara, And like they kind of need that Taysom Hill was their leading rusher.
Speaker 4: Taysom Hills look good.
Speaker 5: I had, but I don't love that. I don't want my leading rusher to be Taysom now. But I like that they're not waiting around to involve him. I think there was like an issue of maybe car didn't want to come off the field and they didn't wait around last week, and Taysom Hill has been very effective for them.
Speaker 4: They just can't score in the red zone. Car.
Speaker 5: You know that that injury held onto the ball and for whatever reason, and they haven't scored in the red zone like they have moved the ball a ton And until this weekend, it's week versus week kind of went with their offensive line versus the Bucks pass rush.
Speaker 4: So which weak point?
Speaker 5: Uh wins out here because the Saints offensive line has really been a problem and it's a lot of guys that have been there for a while and a lot of guys making a decent amount of money.
Speaker 4: Ram check and they just paid Caesar Ruiz and McCoy and but they've been pretty bad and Ruiz has banged up.
Speaker 5: Jamis in a revenge game against his old team where he's feeling feelings and oh he'll be throwing under pressure. Makes me a little nervous. But I trust that the Saints. I'm with you that the Saints defense is the best group in this game. Yeah, they're given the Bucks three points. I think that's fair. I don't trust. I don't trust this Bucks offense at all, and there is a tough matchup against the Saints defense is good.
Speaker 1: The Saints were ten game minutes away on Sunday from getting the treatment that the Browns defense is getting this week, because they had been amazing until Jordan Love started going up and down the field on those last couple of drives. So yeah, they've been.
Speaker 5: A a couple of crazy pr PI calls that to me change that game. Maybe the worst call of the season was that first long PI call on the Saints change second. Carlton Davis and Jamel Dean both might be out. Davis might be returning this week. He's missed a couple weeks, but that's their two starting cornerbacks for the.
Speaker 4: Buccaneers against pretty good ride receivers.
Speaker 3: Saints have not allowed a three hundred yard passer since Week nine of twenty twenty one. I mean this defense has been consistent of the defense that gave Tom Brady a lot of trouble.
Speaker 1: I think this it's.
Speaker 5: Also the organa tough fourth quarter the same Yeah, it was also the organization that managed to lose that game.
Speaker 4: Somehow. There is something about this team well that they just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there is probably a room on the Broncos bandwagon right now.
Speaker 3: I would just say, like I will say, this place SMaL. This will impact Greg in our office because I what I'm gonna do next. I'm gonna view as a charitable thing. Okay, because I have the next pick too, it doesn't matter. I'm gonna take the Vikings at Carolina. I could have taken Shooks Pittsburgh at Houston game, but I'm not gonna do that after last week's flairing.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter anyway. See, we're giving him a third game.
Speaker 1: Wait, we have two loser home go home.
Speaker 5: Let us Yes, this is another loser goes Oh wow, Okay, I I.
Speaker 3: Think the Vikings are just a far superior team to Carolina. I mean they they came back against the Eagles. They've been in these games. They're kind of getting the football gods like slap in the face, and these one score losses three in a row after last year's absurdity. It's been their turnover still. They have the most in the league, the most fumbles, the worst turnover margin. Kirk Cousins also leads the league with three hundred and fifty eight yards per game and nine touchdowns. It's like they've got weapons. You've still got the best wide receiver in football. I don't know what Carolina can really do to counter this. You're gonna get Bryce Young back. It sounds like he hasn't thrown for more than one hundred and sixty yards in either of his two starts. I think the better team with Andy Dalton, but you're not gonna play any Dalton.
Speaker 4: I get that.
Speaker 3: I think Frank Reich's in a tough spot. There aren't a lot of weapons around Bryce Song. It's like you're gonna argue that the Vikings can be vulnerable here. It's like, what is it about Carolina that tells you that they're banged up on defense?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 3: I just kind of like the idea of Minnesota course correcting getting this right. You know, the last team that went to the playoffs after an no and four start. I remember this team because I'm a little older than you guys, be probably only one right, the nineteen ninety two Chargers. It is the last and only team that ever did that. The Stan humphreyes Bobby Ross team, you guys would have been about maybe twelve or somely.
Speaker 4: The thirteen for a little Chargers Stan humph.
Speaker 1: They went to the Super Bowl couple years later, with I was I.
Speaker 5: Wasn't tracking that team that closely while I was making my Sunday afternoon trips to grand Grandpa's house.
Speaker 1: But I almost want to shoot. I always want to jump out of my locks. I love the vikings in this game.
Speaker 3: Right, wait a minute, I'm gonna jump out of my lock. Forget the Saints. I'm taking the vikings.
Speaker 4: This is ridiculous. No, it's not.
Speaker 3: I'm taking the vikings. They're gonna go into Marolina.
Speaker 4: And the sound effect. Ready, that's okay, come on it.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if they played it last time, Like that's okay.
Speaker 1: Something about this game that just gets under Greg's what what game? This game? This lock game? It's just something about you.
Speaker 4: Know, this is fun.
Speaker 5: I like it actually because I I don't want the Saints to be cruising though Sunday out.
Speaker 4: I'm actually, you know what, it's self interest.
Speaker 1: Payton, Mark Sassel, you and I ride to Valhalla.
Speaker 4: Yes we will.
Speaker 1: We're locking them together. Let's go.
Speaker 4: We did this last year.
Speaker 3: I think our record was like five and one when we when we joined the books.
Speaker 4: I am not rooting for Sean Payton. Let me pass the room for one more.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I got a text from.
Speaker 4: This is good. This did not come from him, but Mackie phil Soon picked the Vikings.
Speaker 1: This he's the is this of the bunch I find the most intellectually seasoned.
Speaker 5: Although he is in our kids Fantasy League and Return of the Mac Great Fantasy Name. That is by Mackie taking a pretty big l to both my kids last year.
Speaker 1: I have to say, Okay, that's a good point.
Speaker 4: He takes us straight.
Speaker 3: And why do you need to tell like two hundred thousand people.
Speaker 1: Then, and I will point out that, you know, Nick has been pretty quiet now since that failed lock that big day. I'm just gonna leave it there, just he's been quiet, not.
Speaker 5: A lot of honking this. This makes sense as a as a lock. Kirk Cousins, I think, on balance is playing better this year than last year. I don't even think that's a hot take. My take all last year was this is sneaky, like one of kirk Cousins' worst seasons in Minnesota, except he's been balling out in the fourth quarter and that does make up for it.
Speaker 4: But this year he has been good. I think he's been really good. Inconsistent. Yeah, this year, gotcha.
Speaker 5: They're by far the best group in this game, and now you've added a big time weapon in Addison. I'm really impressed and by Jordan Addison because he's nailing like the timing routes where it's anticipation and you can tell kirk Cousins trusts him. He's letting go to the ball before Addison even makes his breaks, and it's just like, wow, we got a nice number two here, we got a nice number three.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm with you, guys.
Speaker 5: I am the the world's you know, second biggest Panthers fan. Though this week, I mean I'm rooting against three locks. Knock all these guys out. This would be great. Let's go.
Speaker 1: You and oh.
Speaker 4: Please, I want you Toppy. Yes, I'm sure you'll be rooting for you know, in the Patriots. That's what you'll be doing this week.
Speaker 1: All right up, next last pick for me, I will grab this an easy one, Cincinnati at Tennessee. It's it's tough. It's tough. We talked about it in a month. It's tough watching Joe Burrow. This is just gonna be a thing. It's gonna be a thing. And I still He had a quote that I really thought summed up nicely what I kind of thought where his headspace was and where the team was going into week three because they were owned two and they said, you know how you feeling, and like, why did you choose to play? I don't know the exact frame of the question, but he's like, my leg the way it feels right now, it's a lot better than oh and three would have felt if I didn't play. So it's like that kind of in a way told me that if they were two and oh instead of owned two. I wonder if he's actually they're doing the thing that they probably should be doing, which is just getting him out of the picture for a couple of weeks. But when you put yourself in that early hole in a very competitive division and you have it's super Bowl or bust kind of in Sinsey, you all these outside things come in and there's Burrow limping around quick, working out of shotgun the entire game, ball out of his hands, totally changing the way the offense is. Is going to get better this week? Or is this just what it is now and the way it will be until God, I don't want to say it, but until the calf goes out and he's fourced out of the lineup. The good news is Tennessee two out of three weeks has been pitiful Offensively. They are a defense that I would be frightened as a Bengals fan that I'm going on the road against that mean defensive line and Joe Burrow again is going to have to get the ball out quickly. And Mike Vrabel knows what he's doing over there, so he's probably going to say, oh, I watched that Monday game. I know what they're going to try to do here, and I think what we're gonna do here is whatever that under is. There's no I don't rain make over here, but this is a forty one and a half under. I think this is screaming out as like a sixteen to thirteen type game, Bengals again battle tested. But also I think this is a tough spot. I think the Titans have a chance to get a big win for them. With Cincinnati being as compromised as they are.
Speaker 3: This feels I'm with you that this feels like such a tight contest. I do like the I mean, Tennessee has shown an absolute vulnerability on offense, and I don't think you need to be a top five defense to shut him down. They just they lack weapons. I think it's easy to get Tannehill office spot in this situation behind an offensive line that's really wanting, and I mean Trey Hendrickson has been one of the best free agent signings around of the last couple of years, dominant against the Rams, Logan Wilson dominant, and I just think that the consistency that this defense has, they're gonna have to ride it because I think their offense is going to be a tough watch. And you're right, the calf might go at some point or we're just not gonna get the burrow that we're used to. But I do trust this defense to win tight games like this, to do what they did against the Rams when you play an offensive line like Tennessee. I think they're in a bit of tough spot here.
Speaker 1: I hate to say it, but it doesn't it feel inevitable, Like if they continue to just send him out there.
Speaker 3: Isn't it hard? It's like the kind of injury it's hard to watch because he's like they're gunning it on the sideline, he said, moving well.
Speaker 5: He said, the calfs should get better every week. I should be able to do more every week, as long as I don't.
Speaker 4: Aggravate it again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but which he managed to avoid last week, and he managed to avoid I guess the first few weeks because this injury really was never gone. And that's what people were saying from the very beginning. I think it's very limiting. I'm with you, Dan, like he maybe he's better this week, but this is a much better opposition in terms of the defense that he's facing, the defensive coaching staff, that he's facing, the defensive line, and yeah, this this thing's gonna be ugly as hell. And Andre Dillard has been killing the the Titans at left tackle for multiple games, and that's where Hendrickson's gonna be lined up. It feels like every completion Ryan Tannehill has is like, wow, that was amazing. Like every completion is like him getting crushed and some receiver having to make a great catch, like while he's well covered. That's not a way to run an offense. Like you hit four of those a game, and everything else is just.
Speaker 4: Like so hard.
Speaker 3: They were that way last year a lot, and that's how Tannehill winds up out of the lineup.
Speaker 4: Give me some more mixin.
Speaker 5: I know the Titans are a good run defense, but Mixon has been looking a few years younger this year.
Speaker 4: I like the way Joe Mixon's running that ball, running that rock. Big game.
Speaker 5: This is sneaky, actually one of the biggest games of the week because it's a in theory Super Bowl contender that could really be put in a tough spot.
Speaker 1: I think, yes, I hope he's okay. I just feel like we are heading towards something unpleasant.
Speaker 4: On the brink.
Speaker 1: All right, one more game, Greg, Oh, there is Pittsburgh at Houston.
Speaker 5: I thought we were doing Pittsburgh at Houston. Fun one uh and involves C. J. Stroud and right now.
Speaker 1: C J.
Speaker 5: Stroud is one of these stories of the twenty twenty three seasons.
Speaker 4: I think that's fair to say.
Speaker 5: Sure, his pocket movement, his decision making, he's one of those guys right now when you freeze the tape at the back of his drop, you think, Okay, where's he going? And he makes a rising decisions where he'll anticipate and he'll throw it down the field. He'll make the tougher throw like he's not just taking check downs, he's he's looking at the coverage. And man, I think this stuff is really translatable. I think he's played as well in his first three games entering the league as anyone you know, since Herbert since you know, Burrow had kind of a weird start, but Burrow too, And I'm not trying to steal any points or dan Orlofsky said it, and when he said it, it clicked into me that Stroud reminds him a lot of Burrow, and I think that's right. I think they they win in similar sort of ways. They have a similar level of athleticism. That's enough.
Speaker 1: Can we get just like a trigger warning? What ear muffs the Panthers fans right now?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not.
Speaker 5: To me, Stroud looking great isn't anything about Bryce Young. I'm willing to just see what is going to happen.
Speaker 1: I'm just Stroud in the potential class of a guy or yeah, of Burrow, and it's like, oh, you better be good Bryce, right.
Speaker 5: And I'm not even putting like Stroud that he's gonna but the stuff that he does to me is like quarterbacky stuff, like like that what I was talking about with Dak before, where it's like, man, that stuff translate. It's a type of quarterback I like. Gino to me is one of those types of quarterbacks. Phil Rivers was one one of those types of quarterbacks where you can just see it where he's doing some next level stuff right away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like he.
Speaker 1: Looks into like here's some Hall of famers or potential Hall famers.
Speaker 4: Now, that's actually what I was trying to do.
Speaker 5: I was trying to bring back like I'm not just saying he's gonna be a top five quarterback. I'm saying the type of quarterback is. And then I brought a couple other ones out like Rivers in Gina.
Speaker 3: I just think it's so impressive when you're doing it like right away, he's also like you just want a rookie to not like create problems and mistakes, like no interceptions through one hundred and twenty one pass attempts, the first quarterback to do in his first three starts, going back to Warren Moon. I mean, it's like, and Warren Moon hit the NFL is not a rookie. It's this is like it looks like the way he's so far ahead of Picket, it kind of that's what like obviously he's pickets something. The way he throws the ball, you can just see it. And like, you know, people are very low, low expectations about this offense, but you can see their weapons and some of their wide receivers starting to play better. It sounds like they won't have Laramy Tunzel this week, but like Jalen Peetrace sounds like he'll play potentially. Like that's big on defense, and it's like I don't trust the Steelers offense.
Speaker 5: I do trust their defense though, and so don't come back to meet people Steelers fans when if Strout has one hundred and sixty yards and a pick this week, Like they've been very lucky the types of pass rushers they've gone against. And he's been protected well enough. I don't know if that continues this week, where the Steelers could just dominate and.
Speaker 1: You and you know, you could hide a young quarterback like the Falcons did at the end of last year with Ritter and it's like, oh, he's not he's not turning the ball over, and but with he's not really doing anything either, like c J. Stroud, I think is like pushing the ball downfield. He's he's accurate as advertised, and yeah, his supporting cast isn't great, but it's all a much like guys like you know, Nico Collins.
Speaker 4: He's kind of doing something. I like them, Robert Woods, I like, take a role here.
Speaker 1: Dalton Schultz is fine, like these Damian Pierce, although it's been a slow start. Like these are all guys that with a good quarterback, a productive quarterback, that offense will score points. And right now they have that, so you know, you take that and then you say, oh, Will Anderson had another huge play last week the blockfield goal. And I know we don't like to hand out any flowers to Houston's front office, but they might have nailed the most important first round of their draft since you know years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they've been like in a coaching abyss, and I think Tamiko Ryans like it seems like he's a difference making.
Speaker 1: So those are so good.
Speaker 3: Bobby Slowick has been a good offensive cornator coming from the Shanahan world. So it's like they're organized. There's something happening here where it's like been years of this.
Speaker 5: This is a much bigger test against the Steelers defense, especially for the Texans offense. So on the other side of the ball, you know, it's not as big a test. I didn't come out of that Raiders game like all that more confident and pickt in what's going on. But it's another chance for the Texans to kind of make make themselves a real story you want, you want to really get people's attention, go to and too. That place will be wild because that is a great football town and they're waiting for something.
Speaker 4: They now got a quarterback.
Speaker 1: It's interesting watching the Texans and it's like, oh, welcome back to the world of a living. Like they've just been kind of kind of in the NFL for a couple of years and now it's like, oh, they're in the NFL, like a real team that plays games that you want to watch.
Speaker 5: Sometimes it's all progress one quarterback. It really does, it really does change everything.
Speaker 1: Tell me about it. All right, that's it. We have a NFL Plus program. I mean, you gotta be checking this out. We would not push this on you if we didn't believe in the product. Different stuff every week, different than what you're gonna.
Speaker 3: If you've avoided this secondary.
Speaker 1: Show, do we do sharpen the knife, go deeper, go deeper into the flesh of the people.
Speaker 3: That haven't check that out, well, I think you're a lost individual.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. That's what I'm saying. Uh So, check out Around the NFL on NFL Plus. New episode going up later Thursday, and also TNF recap Lions packers, Greg Roosevealt and a special guest who is.
Speaker 5: Jp Acosta from SPI Nation, one of the best young football minds out there.
Speaker 1: Oh well, so you have you have a one of the great young minds in an old gnarly wizard, Greg Rosenthal.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm not that old. We're getting there though.
Speaker 1: We year old.
Speaker 4: I mean I'm one year older than you.
Speaker 1: I think the older was the word. All right, that's it. So plenty more stuff and then we'll all be back together on the flagship program Sunday night till then then hands the signing off four the old Boston Sizzler. Oh, the nicknames, they're all over the place.
Speaker 4: That Eric Roberts, he the call.
Speaker 1: My ears been.
Speaker 2: Ringing since nineteen seventy three when I lost a bet to bean Joe Green, and he hauled off and gave me one of them big old wax usid the head like he.
Speaker 1: Did them off fence a lineman. All those years, I'll tell you what I saw.
Speaker 2: Stars for weeks afterwards, birds too, like the whole Lunic Tuning movies. They made Cook Coop tweat tweat Polly one of crackers.
Speaker 4: Now I'm hunger, who wants Popeyes on fire