Speaker 1: No, no, come home, Come home, Come home, come home.
Speaker 2: On this episode of the Eat Check, it's trade season and we already got a three team trade stars goalored to different teams. We also get into the latest scandal surrounding a Golden State owner. Yeah, something you've never even thought about someone saying before, I promise you your imagination will be expanded. Uh, it goes way off the rails. I also debut a new segment called I've Got Questions and Baby do I have questions about my guy Darryl Moury because things are getting strange. And I'm not talking about doctor strange. I'm talking about straight and strange. So all right, Brockets, it's trade season. Let's go ahead and try.
Speaker 3: I'm perfectly done at it.
Speaker 2: Ni bon my same man. This is the bomb. This is the sound of the won't bomb. It's so dumb.
Speaker 3: That sound effect is so dumb.
Speaker 2: We got a three team trade, folks, three teams. So is that the demonic Sabonis Jeremy Grant, Ben Simmons, Dearn Fox trade that has everybody all up at arms, their panties all in a bunch. Is that what it is? No? No, no, no, it's not what it is? Oh, who is it then? Who would be important enough to require multiple teams to be involved just to get these players to move to new respective teams and to make the money work.
Speaker 3: Who could it be?
Speaker 2: What kind of caliber of player are we looking at? Wancho, Hernon Gomez, Oh, Brent Forbes, PJ Dozer, Bull Bull. I'm gonna be honest. Uh, the deal terms go as follows. Wancho goes to the Spurs, Brent Forbes to the Nuggets, PJ Dozer, and Bull Bull go to the Celtics.
Speaker 3: I I'm not gonna lie toyet.
Speaker 2: I didn't know those players weren't already on those teams, Like I saw the tweet and I couldn't actually tell, like are they already there or are they going there? Like the only reason that I knew Bull Bull wasn't on the Celtics because I just I actually, I am in deja vula, and I just thought Bull Bull was traded like two days ago already. So he's been traded now twice. This is what's going on. Truthfully, it doesn't move the needle for me for this to be a three team train. The funny thing though, or sad thing really is that my guy, bull Bull former Duck has has literally been so aggressively discardible that the Denver Nuggets went and traded bull Bull. My man got to the new squad, which is how the whole thing goes. Can't do a physical until you get the trade completed, gets to the new squad. Don't remember what the squad was. It's not the Celtics though, And he fails the physical, fails it. So he goes like a bad penny back to Denver and then bing.
Speaker 3: Like a little like like what's that called?
Speaker 2: Uh? The boomerang. He's like bull Bull the boomerang. That's what his new nickname should be, the boomerang, quick quick, And so he goes back to the Nuggets and they're like, shit, well, you gotta have surgery, my dog, or you're.
Speaker 3: Not gonna pass it physical.
Speaker 2: So he goes and lects to have season ending surgery, I think, and then literally before he even leaves the operating table, they trade him again.
Speaker 3: What is he done wrong?
Speaker 2: What could he have done? I don't know who is he? Who is he making mad on the Denver Nuggets cause like you got a roster spot, Like he's not making any money, like Why is it so important for you to move this man? Like we still have two three weeks before the trade deadline? Like, what are you guys setting up to do?
Speaker 3: Cold cold world for my man?
Speaker 2: Bowl bull.
Speaker 3: In other news, Let's do this pulp fiction style.
Speaker 2: I will read the apology first, and then you guess what controversy this is? All right? Golden State Warriors. All right, this is what they said. As a limited investor who has no day to day operating functions with Warriors, mister pollop Heptiah does not speak on behalf of our franchise, and his views certainly do not reflect that of our organization. Hmm. What could make an NBA team completely and utterly disavow ten owner of the most valuable franchise in the league. What could he have said? What could he have done wrong? It wasn't like that other Warrior owner that attacked Kyle Lowry.
Speaker 3: It wasn't that when he's like out of the mix.
Speaker 2: I hate. Now ten percent of the Warriors is now more worth more than the Pacers. So this man, he's a real deal stakeholder. Now we're talking Chamuth palop Heptiah. And if there is one thing that you can speak about right this moment that is guaranteed to get the Internet set ablaze to talk about China, which is what he did, folks. Yes he did, he he but he didn't just talk about China, right, and not just like the global China, not like just my man Hong Kong, Darryl where he tweets out, We're on a trip to China. Oh like reads a random Washington Post article. He's like, Jesus Christ, do you see what's happening to Honko on these days? Like he had just he's a man of the world, Darryl Morey. Not like him where he just puts out his tweet and then just moves on and then the world burns down around him. Like compound that, Compound that all of the ramifications that you remember. If you need to pause this podcast and come back to me and google what all happened, just do that. Now, take a pause, welcome back to the pod. If you want to talk about a China ratio that was worse than that, I'll show you the ratio. This is what he said. My man on a podcast, My guy Chimath was asked about Hey, like Joe Biden has condemned China for their human rights abuses. Why do you think his approval numbers aren't going up? And before the man can even finish the question, he jumps in and says this nobody cares. By the way, let's just pause this for a second, because if you don't know, if you don't know what's happening right now in China, let me give you a little primer because you might not know. There's over a million Muslims in China right now being held in concentration camps by Chinese officials and the Chinese government. It is an orchestrated thing being done by those in power. You may not know this because it's really not much in the news for a reason, because it's China. I'm probably gonna get canceled now. So so they're asking this guy, Hey, Biden, the group, the Muslim group is called the Wigers. That's what they're called, y G h u r s. If you ever see that in the news, just know that's what they're talking about. Bunch of people disenfranchised, genocidal type stuff. Right.
Speaker 3: Okay, So they.
Speaker 2: Ask him, Hey, Joe Biden came out first time ever anybody's ever condemned China about how they're treating the weakers. They're all in a concentration camp. Like, why aren't people responding? Chamoth as if like we give a fuck about why what he thinks about political like approval numbers. But he's on this podcast and before the man can even like get his statement out, this shit is wild, he says this, nobody cares about what's happening to the Wigers. Oh uh, okay, he said, if you're asking me, do I care about a segment of a class of people in another country. No, not until we can take care of ourselves while I prioritize them over us.
Speaker 3: Pause.
Speaker 2: No one said you had to make one more than the other. Can we walk and chew them at the same time? Mister Tremoth, billionaire owner of the Golden State Warriors, he said this, this is where it gets even worse. Every time I say I care about the Wagers pause? How often is that? How often is that?
Speaker 3: He said?
Speaker 2: Every time I say that I care about the Wigers, I'm just really lying.
Speaker 3: I am just lying. Fuck, I don't really.
Speaker 2: Care, and so I'd rather not lie to you people. I'm gonna tell you the truth. This is not a priority for me. What I mean I'm kind of speechless at this, truthfully, like I am a proponent of giving the world the coal hard truth, right, but sometimes there's a line and you need.
Speaker 3: To just stop before this.
Speaker 2: This is where you're like, okay, uh, no one, because no one even asked him how he was feeling about the weirs. They're asking about Joe Biden, condemning what's going on in China, and then he's like, if you ask.
Speaker 3: Me, fuck them, if you ask me, and let.
Speaker 2: Him die and rot in China, some random hole in the corner of God knows where.
Speaker 3: Let him die. I don't care.
Speaker 2: I'm worrying about my tex right here in the United States.
Speaker 3: What excuse me?
Speaker 2: I think, Uh, I'm not sure what's going on here, Like it's hard for me to follow how this all could have taken place. But listen, I'm not following, uh, everything that's happening in the news right now because I've got an NBA season to follow. But I think the one thing we can all agree on is murder for no reason, concentration camps. I think we can all just agree that's pretty bad.
Speaker 3: I murder bad.
Speaker 2: I mean it's like pretty I know that it's like a slippery slope politically right now. But I think we're still all there, right, We're still all there, okay. And the wildest thing to me is that this guy Chamoth is from Sri Lanka. Yeah, a nation with its own little checker past of human rights abuses. Current US Department of State description of Sri Lankan violations right now, just right now today I google this. This is the description of what's happening there. Significant human rights issues include unlawful killings by the government, torture in cases of cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment of by government agents, Arbitrary arrest and detention by government entities. I mean, the list goes on on, but we will continue. Arbitrary and unlawful interfering suprivacy, restriction on free expression in the press, including unjustified arrests of journalists and authors, widespread corruption. Let's look violence against women, trafficking in persons, crimes involve violence targeting members of ethnic minority groups, ding, ding, ding crimes involving violence against lesbians, gays, bisexuals, trans and intersex persons.
Speaker 3: Right on, you government website, Like, that's.
Speaker 2: Very pc of you to have all these people include an existence of use of laws criminalizing same sex sexual conduct. Shish, I need a drink of water. And this is where this man is from. Right, he was a refugee, and it's almost like he was this is what it was, and it's almost like he says, man, listen, what immigrants hasn't had to escape from a country that participates in human rights abuses? Really, if you ask them, like, if you ask them, what do you think that there are escaping from? Right?
Speaker 3: Why would they.
Speaker 2: Be refugees if there wasn't shit like that going on? So fuck them?
Speaker 3: Fuck them?
Speaker 2: Listen what's happening to the Wigers? It's just a Wednesday for me baby in Sri Lanka. And look at me now, I'm a billionaire. Pull yourself up by your fucking bootstrass. Wigers, come on now, escape like fucking Andy du freeing. Why don't you like what? Fuck those kids? Basically like clockwork. We got a heartfelt apology though from our manchim Off, written by I'm sure a PR agency And this is what he wrote, or this is what was written for him in re listening to this week's podcast, which he definitely didn't do. I recognize that I come across as lacking empathy. I mean, you think he said fuck them, fuck them, I do not care. And if I tell you I'm caring, I am lying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as a refugee, this what he says.
Speaker 2: As a refugee, my family fled a country with its own set of human rights issues. So this is something that's much part of my lived experience. To be clear, my belief is they all human rights matter, whether in China, the United States, or elsewhere, full stop.
Speaker 3: And that's a lie, and that.
Speaker 2: Is a lie. I would have almost respected him on one level if he would have just come out and said, yeah, like I still mean it, I meant it, Then fuck them wigers.
Speaker 3: I stay fucking them wigers every day.
Speaker 2: If you want to like take my ownership away, I'm standing on this rock. Listen, like Daryl Moury said, free Hong Kong, and I'm like in prison vigers like this the opposite side of what Daryl Mory got in trouble for. Why are you coming at me like I thought we were prochrying? Hear like, I don't know. There's just no chance this apology is sincere at any level. So we've got as a result of this, the NBA's version of a player that's the full thorn in the side of Alan Silver. His name is Ennis cantor Ennis Freedom now. I mean that is how you know he's a thorn in the size changes his name so we have to call him Freedom. He tweets when the NBA says we stand for justice, don't forget there are those who sell their soul for money in business, like Chimof, who's the owner of the Warriors, who says nobody cares about the Wigers when genocides happen. It's people like this that let it happen. Shame whoop, No wonder Golden State decided to come after this guy, Chimof. I'd be very surprised if he didn't maybe lose a piece of his ownershipherd, lose his full court seats or something. I don't know. And also did you know that Celtics games right now are still being banned from China, Like no Celtics games being broadcast in China right now because of Ennis Freedom right now?
Speaker 3: That's why.
Speaker 2: And also all Sixers games because it's not about the Houston Rockets, which is what was initially banned. It's wherever Darryl Hong Kong. MORI goes that's banned in China as well. So all that money that the Sixers would have gotten now it is just a dead zone, black zone Hong Kong. Darryl. All of this to say, listen, there's a lot of issues right now that are untouchable, but the only one I can say will rile up both sides. Defence Conservatives like Ted Cruise has come out, Marco Rubio's come out now about this guy talking about the Wakers like they give a fuck about the Wakers, Like truthly, they don't care. This is just all posturing. But if you want backlash from the left and the right, talk about this, this is what you do.
Speaker 3: Like conservatives, progresses, all of them.
Speaker 2: Hey, anyone who takes any stance, I mean any stance on anything related to China and what's going on there, and uh, as someone who likes my job, that's all I gotta say about.
Speaker 3: That, I give you. Let's get.
Speaker 2: I've got a question, far.
Speaker 3: Can I got a question FI.
Speaker 2: My name is Tristan Creek, and I have questions today. I have questions about Darryl Moury. Why won't Darryl Moury just move Ben Simmons.
Speaker 3: I've got thoughts I do. I've been thinking about this is.
Speaker 2: A long time now. There's a lot of speculation, like why won't Darryl Moury just move on? He doesn't want to be there, Ben, He's never wanted to be there ever since this playoff debacle where you threw him under the bus, like he said, he's never playing for you again. He won't even show up. And you just consistently think his price and his value is higher than everybody else thinks it is. It's like, why won't Darryl Moury face what everyone is feels is so obvious, right, Like I just don't understand it, even with Joel m Bead's prime prime being wasted, right, Like Joel Embid's playing the best basketball we've ever seen, like from him specifically, he's been the best player in the last three weeks in the NBA, and he's on the worst rebounding team, as we've talked about, he's on the worst defending team in the NBA. Like everything has gone to shit around him, and they need that player that's missing. They need somebody back for Ben, and they've turned down Darren Fox. They've turned down shooters like Buddy Healed. They've turned down shot creators like CJ.
Speaker 3: McCollum.
Speaker 2: They've turned down guys in the front court that can help Joel Embiid like Demona Sibonis, guys like Miles Turner. They've turned down goddamn everyone, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.
Speaker 3: Darryl Moury, I'll hold him on for years.
Speaker 2: I'll let him rot.
Speaker 3: That's what he said.
Speaker 2: I'll just let him on as long as it takes. My asking price will not change. No, It's like, Darryl, you're not being logical. Why won't you be logical?
Speaker 3: Like I just do not get it.
Speaker 2: And people are like, whoa, you know, Joel Embiid and Darryl Morriy are aligned. I mean, why are they aligned? I don't know. Darryl Moury has always gotten close to the stars on his team, and that's actually what made the wheels in my head start to turn. Huh. Now we're getting reports that James Harden is open to other destinations other than Brooklyn. There were reports a year ago when James Harden was traded to Brooklyn that his number one choice was Philly. There are reports that James Harden doesn't exactly love Sean Marks, doesn't exactly love Joe Saie, would rather be with.
Speaker 3: A guy who he feels is his guy, Darren Mourray.
Speaker 2: So this is what I think is happening. I think Daryl Mourray is waiting and wishing and hoping and putting all of his capital like was this James Jack Jack Johnson wishing and hoping things like that.
Speaker 3: He's wishing and.
Speaker 2: Hoping and praying and putting all of his little eggs in the basket, all of his ten million dollar eggs in one basket. In that basket is a man in the baby blue fat suit, and he's hoping that he can get James. And I think he and James are talking. I think he and James feel some sort of connection because Mike D'Antoni turned James Harden into the MVP of the league. He was a six man and then he became an MVP, and James hasn't been the same since that. All that combo has gone together. But Darryl Morriy didn't fucking turn James Harden into the MVP. Mike D'Antoni turned James Harden into the MVP. D'antoni's not there. Doc Rivers is not gonna do that. We know that. So you know, I think what's happening is Darryl Moury is trying to save face. Daryl Mourray is letting his emotions get to him, and the emotions for him are revenge. Emotions are feeling that he was one hundred percent correct and wanting Ben gone from the beginning. Because let's be honest, as soon as Darryl Mory stepped foot in Philadelphia, he was trying to move Ben Simmons for James Harden. That's what was That was his plan all along. And because he is Hong Kong, Darryl right, Hong Kong, Darryl soured, the soured the roots of everything going on in Houston. And then it just literally was like a ball of shit rolling downhill, just getting faster and faster and faster about this squash somebody with equal matter, right, and then Houston exploded. You have a new owner that like made his living selling low priced seafood and Tillman Fertitta, who I call Tillman Furtada, Tillman Fortada, Darryl Mory, Darryl Moury for a very long time, and Houston just had like basically what he has now, cart Blanche do whatever the fuck he wants, pull the trigger, green light whenever, No, hey, can I do this? No oversight, no organizational control, nothing. And then Tillman Fortitda comes in with his little shrimp fork and he's like, hey, can you run your thoughts and ideas by me? I own the team now, And Darryl Mooy's like whoa, and then he goes all Hong Kong rogue and then shit goes to hell in a hand basket, right, So that's how that relationship sours. Mike d'An toni gets fired. They bring in Russell Westbrook for no reason. Darryl Moriy goes to Philly, tries to get Ben out the door because he's not at all the player that he wants at all. He wants Harden, and Tilman Vertana's like, fuck you, I'm not trading you Ben Ben Simmons for James Harden.
Speaker 3: No chance, I don't care. I'll take guys that are worse.
Speaker 2: I don't even know in that nets trade. Who's there on the Houston Rockets right now. I don't think anyone. I think it was Victor Oladipo.
Speaker 3: And Tory and Prince.
Speaker 2: They got guys going to Cleveland, like the trade don't make no sense. You could have Ben Simmons and they say no because that's how much they hate Darryl Moury in Houston. So Darryl Moury's like, you know what, I'll do it however I want. I'm gonna get my way. I'm the fucking man, So I'm gonna wait. I'm gonna hold Ben Simmons hostage, and I'm gonna get Harden. That's what I wanted to begin with. And you know what's the greatest fuck you to the Houston Rockets is if you still get Harden and you have to pay way less. If Harden ends up a free agent and Harden says, ah, I got my ring in Brooklyn or he doesn't, and I don't think I'm gonna and I want to play with Joe El Embiid and I want to play with my guy, Daryl Moury. Who knows. Then you just do a sign and trade. You don't have to give any picks. Maybe one first round pick you give Ben Simmons off. Nets have to take something they can't just maybe they get Tobias Harris. Maybe it's a three team trade, who knows. But if James Harden wants to go to Philly and he's telling Darryl Moury that he wants to be in Philly, which we don't actually know if it's true. But if that's the case, Darryl Moury is gonna wait till this free agency offseason for Harden to say no, I want to try a new destination, and then it's in their hands and then it's in their control.
Speaker 3: Hmm.
Speaker 2: That's the only thing that makes this make sense. But who knows if that's gonna even be the case, right? And I promise you though, if he does not get I I am stamping my flag in this now. There's no chance that Ben gets moved before the deadline, No chance before February deadline, February whatever it is, nine, ten, fifteenth, whatever it is, changes every year. No chance Ben Simmons leaves this squad because that's what he's waiting for. Right. If he's waiting for Harden, then it's gonna be the summer. And maybe it's not the summer, maybe it's February.
Speaker 3: Yikes.
Speaker 2: And all I'll say is this Ownership, the birdies have told me today is already tiring of this because I've heard what I've heard this from, like Jake Fisher at the Bleacher Report. I've heard other other reporters say, listen, Darryl Moury has carte blanche. Darren Murray had carte blanche at Houston. He's not there anymore. Phil Jackson, they said, Oh, Darrel Mourray has Phil Jackson treatment. Phil Jackson is no longer a New York Nick executive. Your rope is soon this thing sour and the league turns on you, and nobody wants to do business with you anymore, and your reputation takes a hit because he's a fucking joke right now.
Speaker 3: Everybody's making fun of him.
Speaker 2: And if ownership decides like you're no longer worth that ten million dollars and all that cart blunch and power, and Joel mb decides like, you know what this is not?
Speaker 3: This is whack.
Speaker 2: I am no longer aligned. I need somebody to play with. You're gone. And I think if Darryl Moore does not get James Harden, I think it's I think it's a rap.
Speaker 3: I think it's all.
Speaker 2: I think it's night night. I think it's a random consultant job with some random fledgling team, maybe in Canada, maybe somewhere, maybe in Hong Kong, who knows. Because this guy, Darryl has no logic. He is operating entirely around emotion and the problem with that, like my guy and getting really into Marvel, we get really into Marvel. My guy Jude law Yan rog and Captain Marvel said to Danvers, who's Captain Marvel?
Speaker 3: He said, listen.
Speaker 2: Anger only serves the enemy. And I promise you all of those other executives right now are Darryl Morey's enemy. And every decision that he makes based on emotion and not logic is just digging a deeper and deeper hole that it's going to be more and more difficult for him to get out of.
Speaker 3: So he's got to learn, Darryl, you follow.
Speaker 2: Me on Twitter. You gotta learn to control those emotions, baby boy, because the tea leaves are speaking. Tea leaves are speaking to me, and they're telling me the ownership is already sick and tired of this bullshit, because how could they not be? How could they not be? You can go from genius like everybody in the league.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 2: You're a genius to an unemployed nuisance in a matter of that. So make that trade. That trade. That's all the time that we have for the Heat Check. We'll be back Friday morning with a new episode. Do not forget to download, subscribe, tell all your friends and follow us on social at this Heat Check just to click on TikTok and of course no trolling, Stop trolling.