Speaker 1: Hi, everybody. Welcome to bull Chat hosted by me Andy with my special guests Carla and Anthony.
Speaker 2: All start over?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: Start over?
Speaker 1: Start why?
Speaker 2: Because that's not my name?
Speaker 1: Carla and Marie Carla.
Speaker 2: And Marie Calve Marie is my name?
Speaker 1: Well, it's great to hear from you, Carla and Anthony.
Speaker 2: I'm going to murder you wink.
Speaker 1: So this has been a long time coming. I know I've said I was going to do a bull chat with you guys for like months, and I know the fans have been wanting it, and I just, you know, sometimes get a little bit lazy. And then last week I was sick, so we missed bull Chat. So I'm making it up to our listeners by doing this and making it up to them. So you're welcome, listeners.
Speaker 4: Did Scotti uh did he like hurt you when you guys missed the bull Chat.
Speaker 1: I was literally sick, like could not speak, and he was like, well, I guess our fans will have to, you know, miss out. I'm like, could you post a statement or something let them know I'm sick, And he's like no, So does.
Speaker 4: He not know that no one listens to the podcast?
Speaker 2: What wait? I love that we started listening to the the new episode where you guys got sponsored.
Speaker 1: By Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
Speaker 2: Yes, so excited about that.
Speaker 1: I know the Cinnamon Toa's Crunch Studios. I mean it's an episode, but you know, it's still a thing and I'm still loving it. And I actually have the spread in my fridge and it is so freaking.
Speaker 4: Good with a spread, like it's like a butter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of Yeah, it's exactly like that.
Speaker 5: It's like what I'm imagining though, when you say the Cinnamon Toast Crunch studio is I'm imagining like walls that you can lick and they're like they've got it almost looks like sandpaper, but in Cinnamon Crunch specs.
Speaker 2: Willy Wonka.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's been closed since COVID, so we're not opening that studio back up. But I love your new studios. What's being going on with you guys? Miss you?
Speaker 6: Thanks, thank you.
Speaker 4: We we opened up this studio about a month ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah is your house?
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, this is this is actually a work studio in a workplace. We have people that work down the hall from us. It's like a it's an actual legitimate studio. Wow, we actually have a company coming in that might also partner with us on this studio. I don't know if it would be a studio sponsorship, but to give us a.
Speaker 4: Even better equipment. We're working on that as well.
Speaker 5: But yeah, it's like it's all studio quality stuff that we've got.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we are broadcasting from WHOA. We have a studio at Seattle Cocktail Club's main office. And the owner of Seattle Cocktail Club listened to Serial Killers.
Speaker 1: Oh Himtle Cocktail Club, Thank you for listening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we we've been doing this.
Speaker 5: It was took about three months to put this all together, and that's because we literally started it.
Speaker 4: Then I think two weeks later I tore.
Speaker 5: My achilles tendon, which obviously through things, through wrenching things. Then as I was recovering, we both got COVID, and then the people who were helping us, Amy and her husband Jeff Amy's the one that owns Sattle Cocktail Club, they also got COVID.
Speaker 4: It was just a disaster, so.
Speaker 5: Things kept getting delayed. And then we also aren't good at construction.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, I mean those led panels behind you very professional.
Speaker 5: Shout out to Jeff he installed all of those. I know you guys have Jeff the engineer in New York. We have it Jeff here.
Speaker 1: Oh I love that engineer Jeff and it Jeff. I'd love to see like a brawl between them. I think that would be fun.
Speaker 5: Oh man, that'd be I would put here's the thing. Your engineer Jeff is like trained in EMT stuff. I don't know if that'll help him, like save himself in a brawl. You know, maybe he can like CPR himself or something.
Speaker 1: I get something real quick, I feel it. Yeah, engineer Jeff, I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: I think i'd put money on him.
Speaker 1: Actually, who chose the colors? Because I like the color scheme. It's very nice the color scheme.
Speaker 7: These are our logo colors, ye, which we've had for about three years. And then I don't know if you're aware of this, Elvis Duran in the Morning Show got similar colors.
Speaker 1: Andy, Oh, I wonder who was in the planning phases of that.
Speaker 4: Is these lights are customizable?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so b watching on YouTube. I will say this to the podcast listeners.
Speaker 7: I know, if you're listening on this podcast, you feel alienated by Scotty and Andy. Week after week because they forget that people only listen and not sit down and watch their YouTube.
Speaker 2: Channel all day. So you can go there and see what this looks like or pretty cool.
Speaker 5: You can skip that process entirely and go to our social media accounts Carla on Instagram or x or whatever. Do you want to show the YouTube crowd though, Karl me how the lights can move and show you.
Speaker 2: Can't, Andy, But like in the meantime, tell us what's up with you?
Speaker 1: You know, not much for on vacation this week. Obviously am not on vacation this week, so I'm just home and doing nothing because you know, in two weeks it's gonna be like constant traveling for me for like a solid month, like I will not be in my what was that going on survivor no, I wish, ugh that'll be next year.
Speaker 4: A couple of things we need to dissect with what you just said. Andy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, number one, you said I'm not on vacation, but I'm just home doing nothing.
Speaker 1: Woo. Sorry, look at those lights.
Speaker 5: So for the YouTube audience, the lights are now moving, or for the podcast audience, I should say that's what everyone's seeing on the video.
Speaker 4: But you said you're not on vacation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you're a home nothing, which sounds a lot like a vacation.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, no, no, it's a staycation. So this year has been like the year of staycations for me. I haven't gone on a vacation this year yet, but the second half of this year is like ramping up in terms of like going places nowhere Nashville, I'm going to Las Vegas that I don't count as it like vacation. That's work and that's not fun for the festival. Uh yeah, that's gonna be like hell week for me. And then a week later I'm in Disney, and then the week after that, I'm officiating wedding in Vermont, Oh my gosh. And then I'm going to Miami again in November, and then it's like Christmas already. So like, w.
Speaker 4: It's a good thing you're staying home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it saved a little bit of money and uh yeah, but next year going back out there. I want to go to Japan again. I want to go to Vancouver. I want to like make next year the year of travel it.
Speaker 2: Well, we're coming with you to Vancouver since it's two hours away from US.
Speaker 1: I am so down. I want to go back to Vancouver so bad. You know, when you feel like a connection to a city and you're like, I could live there, And I know people go on vacation and they're like I could live here. No, like Vancouver, I genuinely felt like that connection where I could beautiful city.
Speaker 5: It's very It's a sister city to Seattle, so they're very similar. But I would like to tag along with your japan trips same.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm trying. I'm working with a couple different things. Hopefully we have like a tour company that might want to ship us out there.
Speaker 2: Who knows they need social media creators.
Speaker 1: I love that is that the official brand name are you social media creators.
Speaker 2: Or media captivators? But we can be creators.
Speaker 1: I love that that on a resume. Hold on, do you love this.
Speaker 4: To a Japanese tourism group at all?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean, you know me, I'm always gonna find a way. I'm like a roach. I will I'm I'm gonna be around for a while, even after you thought you stopped me out. But yeah, I've reached out to a couple different people.
Speaker 5: Because they might want to know that you have a good connection with the former National Ambassador for the Taiwan Board of Tourism here in America.
Speaker 1: I forgot you guys did that today?
Speaker 2: Eight years ago today we left for Taiwan.
Speaker 5: Sorry you guys. Yes, Carla Marie was on the trip. Only one of us was the ambassador.
Speaker 1: That was this guy to Taiwan. Taiwan, I basically was.
Speaker 5: I spoke at a convention here in America about my trip to Taiwan.
Speaker 2: That was a experience.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I never told you about this.
Speaker 1: No. Also, your microphone is just a little bit hot.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me turn it down because he screams. Why did you turnmine down too?
Speaker 4: Because you're louder than I am.
Speaker 1: Oh that sounds so much better.
Speaker 4: Okay, sorry about that, everybody.
Speaker 1: It's okay.
Speaker 4: You know, maybe there should have been a mic check or something.
Speaker 1: It was the whoa wo woe part that I think really got me, so I said, hmm, maybe I should te him now.
Speaker 5: So let me explain what happened for those of you who don't know. Carla Marie and I we used to work for Elvis Duran in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Show where Andy works, and when.
Speaker 5: We were there, one of our sales one of our account executives came up to me and said, hey, I have a deal with the Board of Tourism for Taiwan. They someone know that's a willing to go to Taiwan for at least a week. B is willing to be active and do some kind of you know, crazier things like hiking through a forest and going on twenty mile bike rides and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: They wanted to make it very active forest.
Speaker 2: It's not crazy.
Speaker 4: Well, the hike that we did was crazy.
Speaker 2: It was a river, that's why.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we did the whole trip. It turned out great.
Speaker 5: Carl and Marie turned it down originally, and then when she found out that Sam and I were going, she was like, oh, I want to go too.
Speaker 1: So we were able to get her to go, not surprised by any of that.
Speaker 5: Then we get back and I think the hole, this whole partnership is over. The sales guy comes back to me and says, hey, the Board of Tourism for Taiwan, they really liked your content that you made there. And there's this Taiwanese festival that goes down in Queens every year. I guess Queens has like the highest concentration of Taiwanese people, and they had me go speak at this convention about my trip.
Speaker 4: There was very intimidating.
Speaker 7: Hi, Ricky, Hi, I screamed, okay also for people listening, and you can't see. We're on zoom right now and I just saw Ricky's name pop up and now Ricky Sanchez is here?
Speaker 4: What up?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 1: Ricky?
Speaker 3: Andrew texting me dudes like hey, if you want to pop on, like, we're just all hanging out.
Speaker 2: So Hi, this is so fun cool.
Speaker 4: So wait, Andrew mentioned that he's going to be in Nashville soon.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm going to be in Nashville in the fifteenth. I'm seeing Wana del right, God bless I got those tickets.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I am going to tell you not to ruin that breeze.
Speaker 1: It's Franklin.
Speaker 8: It's the worst place for it to be. But it's gonna be a great concert. But it's like the worst venue.
Speaker 5: Is that as a new Nashville or a not a new Nashville versus a Nashville residence?
Speaker 1: Why is I was so excited. It looked so nice.
Speaker 8: So it's a really really cool venue, Like the venue sick when you get there. It looks amazing. It's brand new it's just like getting in and leaving.
Speaker 3: One thing that Nashville's really not good at is planning ahead. Oh so getting in and getting out is absolute headache. So just beware and be ready to stay in traffic for like two hours.
Speaker 2: Wait today, Boots, Like, can he scoot out of the arena and then get an over nothing to do?
Speaker 3: Nope, because it's it's in Franklin, so it's not actually like a Nashville. It's outside of Nashville, Ricky.
Speaker 2: Can he pay you to pick him up and drive him if you would like to pay me?
Speaker 8: Listen, your girls broke an eck right now. I will take that. I will be your uber driver.
Speaker 5: I love that you might also be able Android. I know you're not his assistant anymore.
Speaker 1: Put it on a credit card and hide the charge.
Speaker 5: I could just use one of Elvis's car services or something and uh hope that he doesn't look at it.
Speaker 2: Now, were we all getting a little little slipey slife on this car?
Speaker 1: Why are you talking fraud? Because like, listen, we could talk fraud.
Speaker 2: Fraud.
Speaker 7: I like, I figure Elvis would probably want all of us to have whatever we want, right.
Speaker 4: That's that's they're casting a pretty wide netn.
Speaker 2: I just need to pay for the maintenance that was done on my home today. I'm not trying to get a purse. I'm just trying to, you know, be an adult.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just looking for I guess a car to pick me up from Lona Delray.
Speaker 4: I mean, I like how Carl Marie.
Speaker 5: Trying to be an adult is getting someone else to pay for her own home expenses.
Speaker 1: Well, it's your air conditioning, right what endy, it's your air conditioning right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: So that let me give you this quick rundown of what it's like to be a homeowner. My air conditioning unit was making a very funny noise, so I got.
Speaker 1: What was the noise?
Speaker 2: Uh like.
Speaker 1: Like a rattle, That's all I wanted to hear.
Speaker 4: Thank you that something like that.
Speaker 7: So they come out and the guy's like, actually, your outer cage just was not tightened like you you could have done this yourself, but now you know, like you didn't know?
Speaker 2: Cool, I didn't know for three hundred and ninety dollars, thank you. So yeah that was after tax. But then I find out news to me, Thanks mom and dad, you're supposed to get your air conditioning and heating systems like service and maintenance every year. And I've lived there for three years and I haven't had this done. I was like, Oh, are you going to do the service today? He's like, no, that's a different appointment. So I had him come out today to do service.
Speaker 7: Technically three units and my hot water heater, so all these things are different charges after tax. With fifty dollars off today cost six hundred and sixteen dollars right off.
Speaker 1: No thank you, I don't want it. I will rent for as long as possible.
Speaker 6: But here's the thing.
Speaker 5: If you skipped it for three years because it was a brand new home that Carl and repurchased, so like you probably could skip the first two years, then really you've just averaged this out to two hundred and twenty bucks a year.
Speaker 4: Not bad.
Speaker 2: But he did teach me how to do the hot water heaters. I can do it by myself.
Speaker 3: Now, Okay, that's amazing. But Anthony, with his reasoning and logic, needs to just get out.
Speaker 1: I feel like that the logic is like dad math and like I don't get it. It's like I don't know. Yeah, So I'm actually with you on that. I'm seeing the six hundred and fifty and like I am financially bankrupt. I will never financially recover from this charge.
Speaker 2: Everything we were supposed to do. We're returning all the Amazon purchases, all of.
Speaker 5: It, well, returning Amazon purchases, Like I've purchased a lot of things through Amazon.
Speaker 1: Well, I got to pay my taxes. I saw them pay my taxes.
Speaker 5: Same.
Speaker 1: I love this for us. Wow, I'm not getting a return either, so woo, thank you government.
Speaker 5: They're not really doing until like October fifteenth. I think that's the actual, like last last last deadline.
Speaker 1: That's like, really the government comes after you and kicks the door down and get me. Did you say come get me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because guess why you're not really get down the street. The garbage truck's probably in the way. This is the city the street to narrow.
Speaker 1: I okay, so just like spitballing here. But I feel like the federal government like will find a way to get your taxes, to pay my taxes.
Speaker 5: I feel like they'll show up on any day other than Tuesday when the garbage trucks are here.
Speaker 4: The garbage truck on our street every single day.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 8: She made it seem like they were there every day. Like you guys have just trash overflowing.
Speaker 4: It's very normal.
Speaker 5: It's a one day a week pickup for everything that we've got.
Speaker 2: Okay, and it was happening on our way here. That's why I thought about it.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie. I feel like also, you have to keep in mind that you guys stream too, so like I feel like they could just live radio. That's been like a thing that's been happening, and I actually would pay money to watch that. Like, oh my god, I should have pay my taxes.
Speaker 5: That would be that would be great on social So if Eddie, if Carl get arrested, sir, your taxes twice, I've not paid my taxes, so I hold on. I paid them later. I just didn't pay them on time. I just paid them with my following year's taxes. You could do that, yeah, because here's the thing. I don't have money.
Speaker 4: Like if I don't pay my taxes. And this is the best part.
Speaker 5: If I don't pay my taxes, really it only hurts me because I'm not getting money that the government owes me.
Speaker 1: You don't even if I do.
Speaker 4: If I don't do my taxes, right because I've been.
Speaker 5: I usually pay them all year long, especially when I had a regular job, because it was just.
Speaker 2: Taking as a small business ownershing my sentence, I'd like to.
Speaker 5: So when I had a regular job, they would take the taxes out. So if I forgot to do my taxes, it just means the government wasn't.
Speaker 4: Sending me a check. Correct, So it's really no harm, no foul.
Speaker 7: But as a small business owner, correct, you owe the government a lot of money.
Speaker 8: Yeah, maybe this is more serious than you're making it down.
Speaker 3: I just need you to.
Speaker 1: I was had like a tax expert on and they would be like, hey, here's just some like tips and tricks, like maybe pay just the thought.
Speaker 4: Or play chicken with the government.
Speaker 5: I think that everyone at some point in their life should play chicken with the federal government.
Speaker 2: See what happens, Like catch me if you can.
Speaker 4: Like Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Listen, seems to be working out for him. He's still running for president.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what am I.
Speaker 1: Doing exactly right?
Speaker 4: Where are all the dopes? We're the ones paying our taxes like idiots.
Speaker 2: These billionaires aren't paying theirs.
Speaker 1: Well, Anthony, are you over the you're able to run for president? Right? You're over thirty five.
Speaker 2: I'm thirty five.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you guys could both run as a ticket and then people could just donate to you and then you could just use that money pocket it and then boom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what all the politicians are doing these days.
Speaker 1: I love that. And your slogan. You already have a slogan like you have it.
Speaker 5: Everyone always like rips on on the grifters in politics. I kind of want to be a grifter, you know that, Like you're basically like selling a scam, right, You don't really believe in something. You just say all the things that group of people wants you to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would.
Speaker 4: Love to grift to a billion dollars.
Speaker 1: I would love it for you guys too. And I mean, what's the worst thing that happens, Like, oh my god, I became president? Like please like only frame housing. You get a paycheck, you get a jet, you get security for the rest of your life. That sounds pretty awesome.
Speaker 2: In the White House. If Richie Rich is correct, what now, which movie is that Richie?
Speaker 4: That was a mansion? Richie Rich was in the President.
Speaker 2: There's a McDonald's in one of the movies we watched his kids McDonald's in the White House.
Speaker 4: In the White House, someone google that.
Speaker 3: I'm literally googling it right now because I do not. I don't know what you're talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've just never heard that.
Speaker 4: Great again, you still look great.
Speaker 1: Wait, I'm so confused. What movie are you thinking this happened in.
Speaker 4: I think you're mixing up Richie Rich and his mansion with the White House.
Speaker 1: I never saw Ritchie Rich. Is that a good movie?
Speaker 3: It's so good you have to watch it.
Speaker 4: Oh, blank check is also a good one.
Speaker 2: That's what I think. I'm thinking.
Speaker 1: What is blank check?
Speaker 4: Blank check? The guy the Kids. This is not a spoiler if you haven't seen this movie in thirty years.
Speaker 5: But the kid gets hit on his bike by a rich person and instead of say I'm going to give you a check, just write it out for whatever you want, And the kid writes it out for a million dollars, which then sounded like a Today, you get like half a house in Seattle.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 8: Listen, I'll still take half a house. I'm in a fucking six hundred square but apartment.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I think I was thinking of Richie right. She had McDonald's at his mansion.
Speaker 1: I feel like, that's not convenient because then you have to pay the staff to come, and like, I don't want to pay for a staff and a chef.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you're you're that though, it comes up with just this wonderful picture of just Trump with a million pieces of McDonald's.
Speaker 1: That was when the NCAA team, one or the I believe.
Speaker 5: Was Alabama one of the Yeah, it was a national football champion. Yeah, he brought to the White House and he served everyone McDonald's, which listen, listen for it. But if you gave me a endless McDonald's in the White House when I was in college, Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So many chicken nuggets, although I will say, in controversial opinion, Wendy's does make the better chicken nugget, and I'm not apologetic for it. For good nuggets, the spicy chicken nuggets specifically are the best chicken nuggets you can get fast food wise. I'm just saying it's a thing. They are officially my favorite. The fries, I will take McDonald's, but McDonald's.
Speaker 5: One of the things you'll realize in my soon to be presidential campaign is that I've got based in my heart to love everyone. So I could love McDonald's chicken nuggets and the people who love them, I can also love Wendy's chicken nuggets and the people who enjoy those.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just saying I'm going to go more just hardline stance, and if you do not like Wendy's chicken nuggets, we cannot be friends. And you are a fascist.
Speaker 5: What's your what's your political stance on chicken nuggets?
Speaker 1: Go? Who me?
Speaker 4: Rick?
Speaker 1: She's the Independent?
Speaker 4: Specifically to chicken nuggets.
Speaker 3: It would have to it would have to be McDonald's chicken nuggets full all the way. I just love McDonald's chicken nuggets. I know they're fake, I know it's not real chicken in them. I know they're absolutely terrible for me and filled with gluten, but I love them McDonald's.
Speaker 4: Wow. So we have two in the McDonald's party. We have one in the Wendys.
Speaker 2: This is how you had a run for president.
Speaker 4: And I'm more of a centrist right have whatever chicken nuggets you.
Speaker 2: Want is going for the Independent Party.
Speaker 4: As long as you don't see me for my chicken nuggets habits.
Speaker 1: Well, I am just saying I think we should take down the centrist. He has is so wishy washy on his policies, and he's a fascist and he wants to bring down the chicken nugget empire.
Speaker 4: Kick and nuggets for everyone because I'm a socialist.
Speaker 1: Oh God, bring them down, guys.
Speaker 7: I watched a documentary on Netflix called Poison, and at first I thought it was just about, like, how we have all these rules for food now because so many people got sick with salmonella or different things in the nineties and he coli, and I was like learning so much. A lot of it started here in Washington steak because people got sick, and by the end of it, I was like, I'm never eating chicken again. It was it wasn't like about inhumane chicken. They didn't really like. I mean, they did show baby chicks on a conveyor belt, which kind of sent me a little bit.
Speaker 5: No no, no, no no no, on the conveyor belt to be slaughtered. They were on the conveyor belt to get sprayed, sanitized, and then put on a farm.
Speaker 4: The slaughtered in like three weeks.
Speaker 3: I don't want to know that they were chicks at one point though, I just want to see the grown chickens I'm like that, I don't care about that.
Speaker 8: Don't don't remind me that these are little baby chicks at one point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but.
Speaker 7: Like there's those other documentaries that people were watching during during COVID where they're like, I'm not eating meat anyworks.
Speaker 2: I just watched this.
Speaker 1: That's the seafood one. The seafood one was a big one.
Speaker 2: I still won't watch it.
Speaker 7: But Sam, who works with Andy at Elvis's show, has been vegan since for like almost fifteen twenty years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's pescatarian.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sorry, yeah, I don't know why I just said that pesctarian aquarium because she.
Speaker 7: Watched the documentary and I didn't even mean to. And now I'm like, I'm gonna get salmonilla. I'm eating dirt, dirty chicken. Yeah all the time. I need to stop up.
Speaker 1: Wait, so you still are eating chicken.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna just finish the chicken because I don't where did.
Speaker 1: You watch the documentary? Because this started off with I watched the documentary and I've stopped eating chicken, and now you just said I am going to stop eating chicken.
Speaker 7: After we got back from Costco and just bought a year's worth of chicken.
Speaker 1: So so you're gonna wait until you're year's worth of chicken is done and then you quit.
Speaker 4: Let me explain, Let me translate, Carla Maris speak for you.
Speaker 1: Could we quickly take a commercial break? Oh yeah, all right, and we're back.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 5: So, in case you just joined us after that commercial break for some reason, even though this is a podcast, in a YouTube video, I will man explain what Carla Race said. Carla Rice said she watched a video she was very offended by, and she's gonna do nothing to change it.
Speaker 4: Okay, what happened there?
Speaker 1: I love that translation and it helped me.
Speaker 2: I was educated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, you're based, so based.
Speaker 3: This is why it's just so much easier to stay stupid. Just don't know what's happening, stay in the dark, cann't do anything.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you? I got rid of the Twitter like two months ago, right, and I was like, I'm done. Elon Musk is stupid. This whole thing is dumb. And I have to tell you. So many people now are like, oh my god, did you hear like the drama going down? And I'm like no, because I just watched my nice evening news. I have the Instagram and if it's not on Instagram or if it's not on the news, like you realize, ninety percent of what people complain about isn't actually news and it's just like two people arguing on Twitter. It's wild wild.
Speaker 5: That's one of the things that we try to run our stories that we do on the Morning Show podcast through that filter.
Speaker 1: Love that promo by the way.
Speaker 5: Actually news or is this just something that people like to yell about. Yes, and people like to yell about stuff.
Speaker 1: Yes, ninety percent of it is just not news. And it's crazy because now I really am just so disconnected from like entertainment stories that are breaking because without Twitter, you just realize, like nobody actually is yelling that Barbie is like against men unless you're on Twitter, and that's the only people talking about it.
Speaker 2: Right Andy, though, where do you get your nightly news from?
Speaker 1: I Love my Girl? At six thirty, Nora O'donalds CBS Evening News. Oh, big, huge fan, are you ninety eight?
Speaker 3: What are you saying to me?
Speaker 1: I watched my five o'clock new news on CBS two. I watched the local news and then it leads into the six thirty News with Nora O'Donnell and that's like the World News and now and then I've listened to the the BBC World News at like four point thirty in the morning.
Speaker 4: Is that PBS?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, the BBC? Okay, yeah, the BBC one. Because I was like looking for something. I would listen to the morning show podcast. You know this, But you guys upload later.
Speaker 2: Five am, so like your time you could.
Speaker 1: But I'm four thirty is when I wake up and I want the news right then and there, and I want like a recap of everything that happened. So the BBC I get like a nice British woman and she's like, oh, here's the biggest news stories that happening now, and it's wonderful. Did you know there's a coup in Niger? I didn't know this. Who knew?
Speaker 2: It's bad?
Speaker 1: It's really bad. They overthrew the government.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I see someone who's infiltrating the conversation.
Speaker 1: Who it's a coup? Another one?
Speaker 2: Oh all right, we're gonna post the podcast for you earlier. Andy.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, fine, you posted earlier. I'm in nick.
Speaker 4: Because actually it posts.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, Scotty, Grandpa, Grandpa Oh there he is.
Speaker 7: Hey Grams Scotty, the hosts of Serial Killers and bull Chat.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 6: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Where? Where are you on a romantic date on the beach?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm an. I'm applying Del Carmen with my children.
Speaker 1: How lovely you look? So relaxed.
Speaker 6: I'm so relaxed.
Speaker 2: I saw the picture of lighting the bull thing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I didn't do very well. I think they I think I think they. They let Cooper stay on, no problem, but for me, they you know off?
Speaker 1: Do you have back problems? Now? Did you like get thrown off?
Speaker 4: Like ability to a child? Forever?
Speaker 1: Is it so long?
Speaker 3: And missed your face?
Speaker 6: Where did you come from?
Speaker 3: Popping on in staying hi to everybody?
Speaker 1: I said the big invite out. Once I knew I was doing the bull Chat, I said, I'm going to invite everybody.
Speaker 6: Okay, well then I don't need to be here.
Speaker 1: Well, you can go enjoy your vacation.
Speaker 7: Then wait, scot make sure make sure when you post your Instagram posts that you do really good cat so Andy can read them when you're bye.
Speaker 9: Oh absolutely, it's my favorite thing to do. I miss you so family here from Seattle. I'm gonna see them at dinner and see if they know who you are.
Speaker 2: Probably not, but yes, please find out.
Speaker 6: I will. Well, I'd like to see you guys.
Speaker 9: I just wanted to say hello because Andrew sent me the link, so I figured I see if I can get it to work.
Speaker 2: You know me, you can't click a zoom link.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well it took me a second to get the video started.
Speaker 4: So I love you and Andrew.
Speaker 6: All the cereal and the Walmart in Mexico.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited the fact they went to a Cereal the Walmart in Mexico. I'm just like, please enjoy your vacation. Please stop going to Walmarts for.
Speaker 6: About this podcast thing. What's that they had? Yeah? Those are frosted flakes down here?
Speaker 1: Wow, thanks for the translation. That's so cool.
Speaker 9: No problem to say hello, Hope, you guys are a wonderful rest of the show, and I I can't wait to hear it tomorrow.
Speaker 6: I mean today good bye.
Speaker 4: We said hello, love you, I.
Speaker 6: Love you.
Speaker 1: Now we got to see if he can actually shut this off. Oh he did. Wow, I'm shook. Nice what is it about?
Speaker 7: No offense to everyone who is the same generation as Scottie, But like I feel like my mom, who is older, is actually better at technology and sometimes than compared to the gen X.
Speaker 5: Gen X is an interesting They're in an interesting position because they still have like real jobs, right, so they don't have the time to learn all the things they didn't grow up Anyway, your mom's generation, like my mom can just sit home all day and be on Facebook and know how everything on Facebook works.
Speaker 1: I guess, hmmm, yeah, I don't know how like Facebook works at all. Because I got rid of my Facebook two.
Speaker 3: I'm like I did that years ago, twenty I was like donezo fie.
Speaker 1: It has been wonderful. My mind is so clear. I am loving life without the social media's except Instagram because I got to keep that one.
Speaker 5: You know what I've done, And I would suggest this to a lot of people and be like to hear your opinions. I will go through about on a monthly maybe every two month basis and clear out my follows, right, so I won't stop following everybody, but I get very particular about the people that I will follow and the accounts that i'll follow, because I felt like for a while I was following so many accounts that when you do that, you allow them into your personal space, right, you allow those accounts to spit whatever garbage they want essentially directly into your face when you're holding your phone. So I started saying, you know what, this person's account does not bring me any joy or information.
Speaker 4: Therefore it has no value. I'm unfollowing it.
Speaker 3: You're Marie Kondo your entire instagram like that.
Speaker 1: I love that. Huh, I just don't know I for some reason, it's almost like, could we call it lighthoarding? Absolutely? Yeah, So yeah, I hoarde when it comes to like unfollowing, because I'm like, oh my god, that person I met like six years ago, like and I follow them. What if they feel bad then I unfollowed them.
Speaker 7: What if I need to like then find them and I can't remember their account name or like something, I need to keep them.
Speaker 2: But I do get rid of some But also it's not my news source. But we get random information from random topics that we talk about on our show on the podcast, so I use that as like a form of work, I guess. So I do get concerned with unfollowing people.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Facebook had the worst train wreck, so like Facebook has bigger train wrecks than any other site, Like yeah, that one is like I don't understand how people still haven't learned that, Like we really don't need to know ninety percent of what you're posting.
Speaker 3: Don't miss it. I do not miss it if.
Speaker 5: Either of you or both of you are not on Facebook anymore. So maybe this is just for carlon Ree, but I'm sure you guys have done in the past. You end up finding a fight that's going on on Facebook with like one person may you have remembered from high school, and you end up like eighty seven messages into.
Speaker 1: Their oh and like a part of me like wants to maybe go because you know, next year is the election. So like that was when the content gets just like Chef's kiss when it comes to like the arguments, like, oh my god, the arguments were so good, but it does not do good things for my brain. So I can't go back in. It's like I need to not. I just need to not.
Speaker 7: Here's the thing with Facebook, So I just opened it now to see what I got my cousin. She older cousin got roped into.
Speaker 2: It's basically do you remember chain mail like email like posts see fifteen people or death will find you whatever. So I just wanted to make sure that okay, as for a prayer, I'm getting an online prayer circle going. It can't hurt. I love to everyone who reads this. And it's like this whole long thing and it says I hope to see this on the walls of my family and friend and just for moral support.
Speaker 7: I did it for someone else and you can too. I copied and posted to my wall.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, Facebook has become the new email.
Speaker 2: But it was super long too, with like.
Speaker 3: A thousand emojis. Yes, yeah, No, I can't do it. I can't do it.
Speaker 5: I can't imagine and listen, I don't care what religion you are, but I can't imagine that. Like when Jesus was hanging up on that cross, he was like, I really hope someone posts this stupid ass message to their Facebook wall the same way they post pictures of their dog.
Speaker 2: Like imagine.
Speaker 8: That's Actually the only thing he was thinking about is the future and that that's what it would come to, was.
Speaker 1: Jesus that's a raven was seeing things in the future. Was he like, whoa, It's.
Speaker 5: Just it's such a low value post, like, oh, I'm going to pray publicly for everybody to see.
Speaker 7: Okay, but Ricking Andy Saince, you both don't have Facebook. I have been using it a lot more lately. Oh, three different things. One Facebook marketplace. I sell a lot of stuff on there. It's great, Yeah, is awesome.
Speaker 2: I don't you have these? I'm sure in your area.
Speaker 7: I'm a part of something called buy Nothing Ballard and that's for my my community. So you have to like tell the admin your exact address so that they make sure you're not like a rando trying to.
Speaker 2: Get it and you get in. So it's just people that literally live within a few blocks of me.
Speaker 4: And Ballad for the record, is our neighborhood here in Seattle.
Speaker 7: Yes, And people post things that they don't want money for. You can't sell things, and it's just giving this away, giving this away.
Speaker 2: Or people will go in there and say ISO, which is in search of And you'd be like, I'm moving and I need a bunch of boxes, and people like, oh my god, I have these boxes in my garage. I'll come bring them to you.
Speaker 7: Like all week I've been I don't think I've ever gotten anything from it. I gave away a cat litter Matt to some girl. We started chatting about the new kitten she adopted. She show them me pictures, and it's like.
Speaker 3: It's really good as a best friend.
Speaker 2: It's really great.
Speaker 7: For as as shitty as Facebook can be for humans, there's stuff like that where you can use it to connect a community and for good reasons.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's it's miss I think.
Speaker 3: It's like a Nashville like Nashville girl group that I want to be a part of, but it's only on Facebook. And that one's actually pretty legit because it's all just gossip about like guys in Nashville and who not to date, and like the bars where like you don't want to go into, and it's amazing.
Speaker 4: I've seen the r are we dating the same guy?
Speaker 5: Thing? But I've also seen people essentially debunking things women have said on the are we dating the same guy?
Speaker 4: Or the don't like it's.
Speaker 3: A weird like gaslighting.
Speaker 5: You could only get one side of a story and you're expected to take that as the truth, especially in the dating world where there's never one clear side, right.
Speaker 3: But I mean, I look at it more like reality TV. It's all lies. But I'm still going to sit there and I'm gonna get upset about it.
Speaker 1: Love a good storyline, but it's reality TV about someone's life who didn't ask to be put on that reality TV show.
Speaker 2: It's not their names. You don't say names. I'm gonna describe them apparently. I don't think you're saying name specifically.
Speaker 4: Have you dated the same guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Probably yes, and there's probably plenty of people who have dated.
Speaker 1: Whenever anything gets too dramatic, now I say, ooh, that person's coming for first chair at their reunion, And I feel like it's such a good line because it's like, Wow, you really are putting in the work for that first chair. Your storyline is a plus this year.
Speaker 2: Can't win. You gotta go for first chair at the reunion.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Like I think your life has been your air conditioning story today makes you first chair for sure, Like I don't know how you dealt with that, Like I'm so sorry you're dealing with this, like your trials and tribulations, Like just know you're not alone.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you. Also, we use Facebook this weekend to try to help save a dog that went missing. And we were in the Lost Dogs of King counting group and we were helping this woman try to find her dog, and I kept looking for updates and there we didn't find her.
Speaker 3: Someone else did question, but he found her, and that's all that matters.
Speaker 1: Yes, you said there were three things you used it for, and then you only said two.
Speaker 2: Oh, the buy nothing market and marketplace is where I sell things, and then the dogs was going to be the third.
Speaker 1: Oh, the dog was the third. Yeah, okay, got it, got it? Got it? Okay?
Speaker 10: Or the cat.
Speaker 7: I mean, if I see a cat on my street, I go through there to see if anyone's posted that they're missing their cat.
Speaker 2: It's not all scoop up.
Speaker 1: I will say. The groups are like the mom groups are also incredibly toxic, like it's just oh my god, I really it's so bad. And then when you try and tell people like maybe you shouldn't be on Facebook because like the groups are super toxic, everyone is like, hmmm, I need that, like what like I need it to connect, and it's like, I don't think you're connecting. I think you're just reading gossip.
Speaker 4: There's two things to remember.
Speaker 5: One, we like to blame a lot of problems on the social media place forms that they could probably do a better job of, like people fixing them.
Speaker 4: But people suck, whether you digitally or in person. In large groups, people.
Speaker 2: Are fucking awful even in small groups.
Speaker 5: Then, I do think there's a lot of people out there that need some sort of drama that they can claim.
Speaker 4: As their own.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't disagree with that, And I'm just confused as to what makes somebody want drama. Like I'm actively trying to avoid the drama. I don't want to be first chair join the Nashville gossip group.
Speaker 2: That's not wanting drama. Gossip is different what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Well, there's different levels of gossip, and I will agree with that. There's like you can gossip and like ooh, like, but not all gossip is bad, Like.
Speaker 2: Gossips good good gossip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like like okay, Like I don't know, like if Ricky told me that she's getting like a promotion or something, right, and I'm kind of like, ooh, like I've heard good things are coming to Ricky, Like that's not bad.
Speaker 2: Okay, Andy, Without saying names and specific things, though, would this be good or bad? Labeled in your world? You texted me a few weeks ago about someone that we both follow on Instagram who's not a great person. Yeah, and you like, look at what this person is posting and what they're doing, Like, is that good gossip or bad gossip?
Speaker 1: It's good And I will say it's good because it's a venting session. I think it's necessary. It's like it's this is where I think it's a good thing. And there are studies that back this up too. I'm not crazy. Look this up if you're like, yeah, do your research, watch a documentary, and then in a year from now, maybe you'll take the advice, just like Carl's gonna stop eating chicken. But it's it's it's a psychologically good thing for your brain to like vent and get those thoughts out and not keep those a.
Speaker 8: Difference between gossiping with your friends and gossiping with strangers.
Speaker 3: Yes, I always will gossip with I'm a crismosa. I I gossip with all my friend did you hear this? Did you know this? Did you find this out? But like I'm doing that with my friends. That's a random stranger on the street that I'm trying to like tell them that this person's like a messed up person because of X y Z, you know what I mean. Like, I'm not trying to slander someone to someone who doesn't know them. I'm just like you said, venting with my friend.
Speaker 5: Yes, figure request, just go if this is the circle of trust here, If you're going to slander me, slander me to someone I don't know, don't slander me.
Speaker 3: To people I do know your face.
Speaker 4: Fine, that's fine. Sometimes I don't think I know myself. But that's a whole different story.
Speaker 2: Here's the difference between me, Ricky Andy versus Anthony. Yeah, okay, the three of us, we very much would love a good gossip, sesshon right where Anthony's like, guys, no, I think you're overthinking it. That's like you don't know their side of the story, and I'm just like, let us live. Anthony.
Speaker 1: Psychologically, you need to figure out what makes Anthony want the gossip. I could easily, I feel, drop something and that'll get Anthony to be like what and then like get involved. I just have to figure out what that gossip is.
Speaker 2: It wasn't even gossip, it was just news.
Speaker 7: I came home yesterday and I was like, the batteries in bulb store closed, and he was like what And that's not gossip that.
Speaker 10: It's just a fact.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's not gossip. But like, because that actually impacts my life.
Speaker 2: That's how he reacted.
Speaker 7: I wanted to react like that when I'm like, Yo, so and so's pregnant and she just broke up with her boyfriend like last week.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 2: I need you to care.
Speaker 5: No. Let me explain to you, though, why that the batteries in bulb store closing is a big deal to me?
Speaker 1: Can I just ask you? Is that the one that is that the one that's like battery plus. Yes, it's like the chain. I've never been in one of those, and I thought that that was like a government front for like money wandering this whole time. Just like radio Shack. I don't think that it's real. I think that they are fake owned. Who's going into these stores?
Speaker 2: Radio Shack still open, like actually shack, like the Basketball, the Bulbs place plus whatever. I will say.
Speaker 7: We did go in there once and I was like, hey, I have this tiny little light from my under cabinet lights.
Speaker 2: I don't know what he was like, I got you.
Speaker 4: The guy was so helpful.
Speaker 7: Where Like I had tried ordering I think on Amazon, I kept ordering the wrong thing. This guy was great.
Speaker 5: The reason this is why I'm really everything comes down to me, I was disappointed in the batteries and bulbs place closing because that's where I take my batteries to properly discard of them.
Speaker 3: Well for the environment, okay, I'll let you have that.
Speaker 5: I was like, now I've got to be like all the other A holes out there, just throwing batteries in the garbage.
Speaker 2: We'll find a new place.
Speaker 1: I can't do that.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's like pretty bad.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's like bad.
Speaker 4: It's like bad bad.
Speaker 1: Okay, No, here's the good thing.
Speaker 4: Though, you throwing a battery in the garbage.
Speaker 2: It's nowhere near.
Speaker 5: The damage to the planet that major corporations make, so you don't have to feel that guilty. The reason the planet's going to fall apart is not because you threw a battery in the garbage.
Speaker 4: Now, you could help, but it's not the reason that plant.
Speaker 1: I don't know, the Christian guilt is really strong on that one. I'm definitely killing everyone by throwing away a battery. I will say, I have a Roku TV. I don't know if you guys have a Roku TV. But the batteries in this remote die so quickly. I don't know if anybody even listening has one. Why does the Roku TV remote battery die so quick? I'd love to know.
Speaker 2: Around the clock to listen to you?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, what will you talk to it?
Speaker 1: No, I don't use it because I'm like, I'm afraid of that. I don't want it to listen.
Speaker 4: No, But just because you don't use it doesn't mean it doesn't it's not what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, does it have a microphone option to talk to it to tell it what to put on the TV? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right there?
Speaker 4: Look yeah?
Speaker 2: Or is that your mute?
Speaker 1: butN no, that's a microphone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just listening to everything you've ever said in that apartment.
Speaker 7: And they're gonna have you watched the Black Mirror episode where they do the show about the person on Streamberry and can't. Yes, it's called Everybody Hates Joan or whatever, Everybody hates Andy.
Speaker 2: It's gonna come out on.
Speaker 7: Roku because they're listening to you or Moku whatever they're gonna.
Speaker 2: Call him the show. Oh god, that's I would watch it.
Speaker 1: It's just gonna be all my cheese may getting laid out, which is.
Speaker 3: Why I'm so down to watch it, Like, tell me all abouts.
Speaker 7: I want to know everything for the white people in the room. I know what this means because I know Ricky. Can you please explain what cheesemy means?
Speaker 3: Oh, cheese ma is gossip. So like she's mosas like a gossip. So I'm a che's mosa and we just constantly with the cheese. May we gotta always tell each other the gossip.
Speaker 1: I like too, bonchiche that bon chica, bon chee che. I don't know. Hold on, that's.
Speaker 5: Where I'm I know, I don't know what something Andy learned from life in spanglish.
Speaker 1: Yeah he did. Honey said it and I was like, oh my god, I love that, and now I call my sister's dog that all the time.
Speaker 2: Well done. She's just mosa is the it's gossip?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 3: Wait? What did you say, calivory?
Speaker 2: Is there a masculine way like she's Mosa's. Is that the feminine?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like chos Mosa would be like a feminine Yeah, so I actually don't know Moso. It might be she's Moso, but it also might just be Mosa. It just might be. Men don't gossip.
Speaker 1: So that's the thing. Men gossip more than women do. We just like to say that we don't exactly it's more just stuting facts. Yeah, okay, I stayed a lot of facts. Then let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: Anthony is the pettiest person I know.
Speaker 1: Thank you. That's gossip. If he says something like if you come back from an event or something and they're like, well, that was weird. This was a weird thing that they did. There, technically you were gossiping.
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, no, you're combining two things that don't have to be put together. I don't have to partake in gossip. I can still be very petty. I can still remember all the things that are said to me and act accordingly for the rest of my life, regardless of how small that moment in my life was.
Speaker 1: Do you have an nemesis?
Speaker 4: Do I have an nemesis?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Is there someone that you like loathe?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean there's a lot of people I loathe.
Speaker 1: And Carlin knows this person.
Speaker 2: Okay, come on, man, I'm on your side here.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, Carlin Murrie.
Speaker 4: Carlin Murrie.
Speaker 5: It's tough because there's a lot of people I loathe, so she probably knows a couple of them.
Speaker 1: Amazing. So that means you have said things to her, which means that you have gossiped to her.
Speaker 5: Or we have experienced the same thing the same person, therefore.
Speaker 4: Of that person. But would that be true? Wuld that be a true statement?
Speaker 2: You we like like we've gossiped.
Speaker 10: You can't act like we haven't gossipped.
Speaker 5: We've talked about the people that we know when we had similar experiences with like Indian Ricky.
Speaker 4: Yeah you Ricky here, But I guess talk about that case.
Speaker 5: No, But I don't think if there's there's probably not someone who's.
Speaker 2: Not also in your life that you don't hate.
Speaker 5: Know that you like, know my feelings about whether they're you know, like if they're negative.
Speaker 4: Think how many times I'm so confused?
Speaker 5: How many times have I coming to be like, oh my god, this person from high school, I hate them this and that.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't do that.
Speaker 1: Who's says I never went in high school? Are you kidding me? I could go off. That's a whole other show.
Speaker 2: Might twenty year.
Speaker 7: High school reunion isn't three years and I'm already panicked about it because class pres over here me. Hence that's why I'm gonna be president on the ticket and Anth going to be vice president.
Speaker 1: I have to plan this reunion what Yeah, Okay, absolutely not. If my school asked me to plan the reunion, I'd say I'll plan it in hell see you there.
Speaker 2: I did our tenure and I'm like, I don't think, I don't know that we want to be around each other. Maybe at the thirty I.
Speaker 3: Have because of COVID.
Speaker 2: Oh that's sad. Yeah. Would you have gone, Richard?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I definitely would have gone. I was not past president or anything, but like I had some friends, Okay.
Speaker 5: I feel like I've stayed in touch with the people from high school that I want to stay in.
Speaker 2: That's that's what everyone does.
Speaker 4: But with college, I think it's a different, big old here of them. But I'd like to reconnect.
Speaker 2: Andy.
Speaker 7: There's not one person from your high school that you'll you interact with.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: I went to all boys Catholic high School. It was just not fun zero fun school. Uh CBA Christian Brothers Academy. What was that?
Speaker 4: You're a CBA kid?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Yeah, tell me terrible. It was terrible. I mean I think I know of people that went there different grades that I chat with, but otherwise, like, there's no one I really can like text I can call right now and be like, hey, high school fun times?
Speaker 2: Why hope not because that's weird.
Speaker 1: Oh really, class president, I'm sure you're like, hey, guys, thinking what's the color scheme that we're going to do for the twenty year.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking gold, you are school colors.
Speaker 7: But anyway, I have one person from high school that I would like I text semi regularly, but we like, we haven't hung out in like ten years, but we'll like kind of keep it. Did the chisme of other high school of people that went.
Speaker 2: To high school.
Speaker 3: I love that though. I will literally we have a whole group chat where it's like did you see that? Did you know? I love that because my high school was messed up.
Speaker 2: In your high school not a high school anymore, Rickie.
Speaker 3: They're close to that BECU high school anymore. They every year talk.
Speaker 1: About closing Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's just not a lot of kids that go anymore because, uh, it wasn't like a great school. So like a lot of people don't go, and they all like spend money to send their kids actually to somewhere that's like a good school. Uh So they keep debating about just closing it down because Romans really good. It really really messes up my plan though of like going back and like telling all my teachers to screw off who told me that like I was a loser, I wouldn't actually be anything.
Speaker 3: When I do one day become something and actually.
Speaker 4: There'll still be a loser and those things can still be true.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, but like I really I need a moment, you know what I mean? Like I always said that moment in my head of like going back to school and being like, huh, you.
Speaker 4: Thought I something about my high school a second ago. Oh.
Speaker 5: The reason I don't think I'd want to be involved in my high school anymore is mainly because when Carla Marie tried to get me on their Wikipedia page as notable alum, they rejected me. So I want nothing to do with them because they've rejected.
Speaker 2: Me, I'm not on mine.
Speaker 3: Either.
Speaker 1: Well I mean, is it Wikipedia? Are you just trying to put yourself on Wikipedia? Well?
Speaker 5: I first off, this is one of the problems being around Carla Marie. Is carl Is like, oh my god, wouldn't this be so fun to get you on the Wikipedia. I'm like, this is gonna end poorly and I'm gonna be upset with this.
Speaker 2: Is sober I like technically for anything Wikipedia, creating your own page or anything you're not you're not supposed to someone else is supposed to create on your behalf. So I was like, I'm gonna get you, like, there's a lot of notable alumni from your college high school. Sorry, and it was like immediately denied.
Speaker 7: And there's like a specific person that runs it.
Speaker 2: They're the guy Willie Geist.
Speaker 5: From Yeah, from the Today Show more. Yeah, he graduated a couple of years before me, apparently.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, so you had a lot of notable alumni under yours.
Speaker 4: There's a lot. First off, it's a big high school.
Speaker 5: There's I mean when I graduated, that was the last class I believe that had under four hundred people. Wow, almost every single year is over four hundred people since then, my entire high school, high school, so it's been around forever, and it's a pretty good neighborhood.
Speaker 4: It's a pretty good educator system.
Speaker 5: So, like some of the notable alumni are like PhD and dinosaur Science, I don't know, whatever, the whatever smart people.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, we have three from hollpac On High School, my high school that I went to, and one of them was the software program best known for his work on the Mozilla Firefox BEG browser.
Speaker 1: That's cool, I use Mozilla.
Speaker 4: Are still there?
Speaker 2: No the Firefox? Yeah, a who left and I Explorer.
Speaker 4: Internet Explored Explorer and left.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll say to football players, I want to whom I actually know and is my friend. The other one is Dave Yovanovitz. So Dave Yvonovitz played for the New Orleans Saints. And Joe Martinek, who is my high school football is all time leading Russier.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 3: Okay, they went to records.
Speaker 5: Remember when I said that people on my notable alumni list are like dinosaur doctors or whatever. They are literally the first name on the list, Robert T. Baker born in nineteen forty five, class of nineteen sixty three paleontologists.
Speaker 2: No one from my high school's of a paleontology.
Speaker 5: I would argue, and keep in mind, I don't have a I don't hold myself in that high of standing, but I would argue that I am more notable than a paleontologist from the nineteen sixties.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that.
Speaker 7: They probably found way more bones than being found today.
Speaker 2: There were so many more bones in the sixties than now, oh, this guy graduated with me.
Speaker 5: Guy Benson's on the list. Guy Benson is a conservative talk radio personality and a Fox News contributor. He was on my second grade baseball team.
Speaker 1: There's so many people from my high school.
Speaker 4: Ye in high school too, Who do he got so.
Speaker 1: Two people from my class? Pat Light he played for. He played baseball for the Boston Red Sox and the Twins, and then he got cut. Now he does like podcasting and the batch of bars and Hoboken and then Trevor Van Riemsdyke. He won the twenty fifteen Stanley Cup with the Chicago Blackhawks.
Speaker 2: Van Reamsdyke.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not all second guys.
Speaker 2: You went to high school with Van Riemsdyke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was in my grade.
Speaker 4: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah, get out here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're why wouldn't you be friends with him?
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, so, freshman year was not great, Sophomore year also not great. But by the end of senior year, I gotta say, this is why I know I'd win Survivor. I just knew how to play the social game to be like, I'm not just gonna I'm just gonna like lay low, see what happens. And then that's when everybody starts talking to you. I'm telling you a strategy.
Speaker 2: Guys, this is how unknotable the alumni that my high school?
Speaker 4: What do you got?
Speaker 2: None? It doesn't even have that option.
Speaker 1: No one are you on Wikipedia?
Speaker 2: Wikipedia doesn't even have the option for notable alumni.
Speaker 5: I want to run through a couple that are actually pretty notable. Okay, when it's a this is going to sound questionable at first. But when it's an Asian last name and it's just a letter letters NG, how do I pronounce that?
Speaker 3: I think?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 5: Who was the first major League Baseball executive? First female major League Baseball executive went to my high school?
Speaker 4: So they got created work day?
Speaker 3: Oh wow, how sick that is? Though?
Speaker 5: But Atlanta Falcons kicker Young Hokup Young ho Kup is from my high school.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a lot.
Speaker 1: Okay, sounds good. I have someone who is a background actor on the Vampire Diary. That's not fair, Like, why does the background actor of Vampire Diaries get in? Like I'm gonna have to apply.
Speaker 4: I think you should be on your list.
Speaker 1: Throw myself on. Yeah, I feel like.
Speaker 8: Any Chris found out that my school has a new principle and it's actually like one of my favorite teachers.
Speaker 3: That's mind blowing.
Speaker 5: You should also be ricky. You should also be on your school's most notable list. Obviously, Carl MRIs should be. If no one's on it, they may.
Speaker 2: There's notable people from my town. And Derek Jeter's on there. He wasn't even born there in the summers, he drove.
Speaker 5: Through one time, and that's how small Carla Maris town is. That guy that drove through in nineteen forty seven, he's on a list's not that old?
Speaker 1: Say that old? Hmm, Well it applied.
Speaker 4: Should we all apply for one another?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Everybody makes someone else's Wikipedia page.
Speaker 3: So like I'm trying to figure out how to do, Like, how do I do that?
Speaker 2: There's a I don't know. There's like you have to do edit. I forget what it is.
Speaker 3: Brody, Oh yeah, well do I just add myself?
Speaker 2: I remember he added me? But then I don't like I tried creating my own page. It doesn't like let you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can make your own page. You have to make your own account first.
Speaker 2: Yeah. If the name on the account and the page are the same, you can't do it or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like obviously you don't do like, hey, I'm making the Carla page. Is Carla? Like make Anthony do it?
Speaker 4: If you made an account on Wikipedia Carla Marie and it was Carl Murray and then you could create the Carla Marie page.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think that would work totally incognito. I would never think that. I don't get it ever ever, Like it's super in depth.
Speaker 3: Also side note, I feel like I've hijacked this and I was literally just.
Speaker 1: Coming to say, h no, I love it, thank you for staying for as long as you have. I was going to ask the next question was, when are you guys going to go on like the Amazing Race or something.
Speaker 2: I know they were here apparently filming a few weeks go. Yeah, they were doing something at the Space Needle, the helicopters flying around on content.
Speaker 1: Telling you that would be your show, or there's like this new one that they're casting for if you want an insider, like I know the person who's casting for it. There it's like you look for treasure on an island.
Speaker 2: Did you good at that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You go in pairs.
Speaker 2: He's not a big map guy, though, I don't.
Speaker 5: Know that it even means I feel like you're trying to insult me, and I can't figure out how not a map guy?
Speaker 2: I love maps, Like on road trips, He'll drive and I'm the one reading the map. So if we're on an I reading the map.
Speaker 1: You mean Google maps?
Speaker 2: Go on a road trip?
Speaker 5: Seventy two paper map for like national parks?
Speaker 10: Talking about we have paper maps for national parks.
Speaker 4: There's like six roads.
Speaker 2: Okay, you should always have a paper map. I agree, and I can read them.
Speaker 5: Okay, all of these are valid points. They don't mean you read maps on our road. Ricky has been with us on road trips.
Speaker 10: I'm so good at Google maps though, I.
Speaker 4: Really am also good at Google Maps.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's been anywhere.
Speaker 3: To go and then Anthony's gonna miss the freaking way that he has to go. That happened multiple times.
Speaker 1: We have to take one more commercial break and we're back.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you know we've been speaking for over an hour?
Speaker 3: I do hold on?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I didn't know you were timing it.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Cool. Glad my time with you has been so well saved.
Speaker 2: Can you please explain more about this show?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know much. It's just like there's treasure on an island and you go with a partner and it's like you have to find the treasure and there's like challenges in between. It kind of sounds like a mix of Survivor and like a Big Brother, Like I think you're gonna be able to get like a place to stay. I don't think you're roughing it. It's more like adventure based like that.
Speaker 5: I need I need a show that has a lot of like physical challenges because I need to just go be able to go like full and Meathead.
Speaker 4: So Global Guts, Yeah, maybe doubled there, something.
Speaker 1: Like you should do Tough as Nails.
Speaker 4: What is that? Is that? What the stone cold Steve Austin.
Speaker 1: It is not. It's the one who's hosted by the same guy who does the amazing Race Fill something or other. Honestly, I was like on my couch on a Sunday night and just watching randomly and this show came on. You do just like burly things like oh, like I construct a birdhouse in like ten.
Speaker 3: Minutes and then they like stop it right now.
Speaker 1: Yes, I swear you construct things. You're like building things or like build a pagoda in like an hour. We'll see you in an hour. And it's like crazy and you have to do it and you're part of like a work team. And when you get voted out, you do you have to like do your time card, like you literally have like a card and you're like it's time to punch out, and you punch out, and that's how you get voted out. It's like a construction Yes, yes, do.
Speaker 2: You know who was in the running for this show. No, my friend Laura Burkhart, who literally builds all kinds of woodwork things and has every tool known. Yeah, I could do it to womankind.
Speaker 4: I could do it.
Speaker 1: Tough as nails.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not do that. There's no way in hell that you could build a birdhouse, sir.
Speaker 1: I believe it. I could see it.
Speaker 7: I built one at home depot for the Girl Scouts when I was younger, and I bet you I can.
Speaker 2: Build a better bird house. We're gonna do it.
Speaker 5: First Off, if I had to with like twelve year old Carla Marie and anything as my adult self, I would destroy No.
Speaker 10: No, I'm not gonna use.
Speaker 2: My old bird house in the nineties. I'm gonna make a new one.
Speaker 5: Secondly, why did the birdhouse become the example here.
Speaker 1: Okay, because the episode one, yeah yeah, they had to like put it on a pole, they had to like make it stay. It was nuts, and I'm like, wow, this is really a show. And you win, think Anthony, you win two hundred and fifty thousand dollars. And then what you could do is parlay that success into the Challenge because that's what everybody else is doing now. You now that the Challenge is on CBS, you can just make a name for yourself on one of these shows and then they cast you for that. Like my friend Michelle is now on the Challenge USA because she was on Survivor, and all of her friends who have been on like Big Brother, The Amazing Race, all these other shows they're now casting from like all these different shows.
Speaker 5: How does your friend Michelle feel about like the uh, weird ecosystem that is former Reality Stars because there's like a weird like life you get plugged into where you get to then do all these other reality shows. Some people love it, some people hate it.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's almost like radio to a degree, Like I feel like they're all in this weird family that they all like know each other, and it's like oh you did something. We have a similar experience of bonding. Yeah, well you know you're not gossiping because Anthony doesn't gossip because he's so burly, but you have similar shared experiences Carla Maurice twelve year old ass anyway, So yeah, I think it's it's like there's a bunch of shared experiences there. But it's I mean, now that they cast from all these different shows, it's hard to kind of make a name for yourself and figure out if you're going to get cast on something else.
Speaker 2: Well, Anthony and I are going to sign up for a Temptation Island, which one is that don't Temptation Island. It goes a couple and then like if you get tempted by someone else, then your couple's over.
Speaker 1: But do you win something, No, you actually don't. You just win trauma, No free therapy.
Speaker 4: There's no like benefit to cheating, just you're a cheater.
Speaker 1: It's so season one and two, you have to watch the reboot of it. Coaster Boy Josh is actually the one that got me to watch it, and it is the season one finale has one of the craziest reality TV show moments I have ever seen, and I am like Temptation Island, yes, and I am like a student of reality TV, like I've watched I was there during the Flavor of Love days, like I know my reality TV and this had one of the craziest moments of all time.
Speaker 5: Well, then let me ask you this, what is the benefit so you get you put on this island?
Speaker 4: Is it a real island? I got some questions.
Speaker 1: It's Hawaii, so I guess there's one. There's five or six islands.
Speaker 5: And they put a bunch of couples and then what a bunch of single hot people?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's four couples and they're all in different phases of their relationship. Who's about to get engaged, who's been together for ten years and they just haven't proposed yet, blah blah blah blah. So there's like clearly something on. And so then they separate the girl from the guys. The girls of in a house and now all of a sudden, there's like twenty single men. And then the girls or the guys go to a house and there's twenty single women. And then it's pretty much just like you take them on dates and you just start to form connections and you kind of just see where it goes and what happens is they don't call it this, but it's basically an exact ripoff of Survivor. You go to a council that has tiki torches the whole ninety yards, and so the girls are there and you only watch and the host says this several times. I'm about to show you like a five second clip. This is like unedited and you have no background. Here's the clip, and it could be like one of the girls being to the guy like, oh my god, you're so sexy, like you got to break up with him, and he'll be like yeah, and that then it'll end and the girl will just break down and that will give her the reason to want to cheat on her boyfriend. Meanwhile, as it stated several times, this is out of context, so meanwhile he'll be like, yeah, but I love my girlfriend and I would never cheat. But you don't see that part. And then at the end they wind up together and they're like, hey, do you want to stay with the person? Yes or no? And then it's oh, it's so juicy.
Speaker 5: Because I was assuming there would be some sort of monetary I don't know, some sort of reason to shay together on camera.
Speaker 1: Zero zero dollars. You get nothing because.
Speaker 5: This actually something happened today. Carl Rein and I went to the gym and you were there. There's a woman who works at the gym who when I had the boot on for my torn achilles, she like a spray bottle for me to wipe things down so I didn't have to go back and forth.
Speaker 7: Hold on, And because he asked, he said he couldn't go back and forth to the wipe machine.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, because I was on a peg leg for a while. But either way, I'm gonna do.
Speaker 4: This is the gym though, dude, Like what, here's the problem.
Speaker 5: They took down a lot of their sanitizing stations and there were only two in the whole gym. And for me to put my peg leg back on and go all the way to this, it would literally add an extra for the whole workout.
Speaker 4: Add extra twenty minutes to my workout.
Speaker 8: Oh boy, you go for four hours anyway, what's an extra twenty minute?
Speaker 1: You go for four hours, I'll be there for two yea. Oh god, this sounds miserable.
Speaker 4: I have to bring us to this.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I'm there I'm there. I'm in the Polace.
Speaker 4: Temptation Island here.
Speaker 5: When I was walking away, the woman asked me if I needed the spray bottle and I was like, no, boots off, blah blah blah. And as I was walking, I said, thank you so much. By the way, you're the best, and I kept going. So they could have theoretically taken the clip of me telling this woman she's the best, and then they would show it to Carla Marie.
Speaker 1: Completely at the context, Yes, and what is she the best at? Yeah, yeah, that's exactly it. And literally, as Carla Marie would be like, I just can't believe he'd do that, the host says again and again, this is out of context. Just remember that. And meanwhile she's having a full on breakdown and like that's it, that's it. And then they cheat, and then when they get back together, the guy like, you'd be like, what are you talking about? She literally got me a spray bottle exactly.
Speaker 4: So they just they trick people into thinking they're being cheated.
Speaker 2: One we're watching season one, and then they.
Speaker 5: Make the people cheat because they're trying to revenge on something that most likely didn't happen.
Speaker 1: Absolutely and the delusion levels are insane. Also, just the singles that they cast are all definitely like want to be actors. So just the amount of just reality TV acting is just Chef's kiss it is. It is beautiful. It is seasons one and two, three, four and five. I'm like, mah, but one and two one specifically has the best ending in reality TV show history. Quote me on it.
Speaker 4: Where do I watch that?
Speaker 1: I think you can watch it on Hulu or Peacock got both? Yeah, so good ten out of ten.
Speaker 4: Sicko that made up that show, though there's.
Speaker 2: That other one.
Speaker 1: It's it used to be on Fox, like when we were growing up in the year like two thousand and one, two thousand and two, it was on TV and they canceled it because like audiences then were like, oh my god, I can't believe this is a show, and so it got canceled like midway through, and then I guess audiences have changed and we've all become like lawless and terrible. Now it's like a thing and it's five seasons strong.
Speaker 2: Okay. So to piggyback off of that, there's a new show to Spanish Spanish Spanish, so that's Spanish Reality but it's on Netflix now and it's called Deep Fake Love, and it's very similar. But what they do is they like split up couples and then they're like, Okay, you're gonna look they're living with other people for the week, and now real things do happen between like I may or may not cheat on you. You don't know either way.
Speaker 7: They show a clip to the person that you're with, kind of the same thing like Andy just said about Temptation Island, but they use AI and in some of them, you're watching your significant other make out with someone else, but the only one.
Speaker 2: Person knows that it's the show that they're on is fake. Like the other person that in the relationship doesn't know this is like an AI dating show, and so they.
Speaker 10: They're on the screw I'm done, You're horrible or whatever, and like, what what do you mean? I'm watching it?
Speaker 1: But here's so intense, but here's scary.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's that sounds really messed up, And it sounds a lot like yeah, at least Temptation Island, you know that your partner is going with the real person or people right tricking me by creating a situation using AI. The person reacting is no longer crazy because they're living in a reality where that person.
Speaker 2: So this is a Spanish reality TV show that uses AI to test couple's love and trust, but it becomes unsettling as contestants are subjected to emotionally painful sessions. The show puts couples through unnecessary cruelty and traumatizes both the contestants and viewers as they're showing videos of their partner being unfaithful, causing raw emotions and mental strust. I can't wait to watch it.
Speaker 4: I just hope they're getting paid enough.
Speaker 1: I know that's the thing, and you know they're not. And like Geese like pay for their therapy at least something.
Speaker 2: I don't think any reality show does pay for therapy.
Speaker 1: You get like two free sessions and that's about it.
Speaker 3: Also like the same thing that every company gives you. Or it's like here, real paper, two sessions exactly more messed up than two sessions is worth? Figure it out? After that?
Speaker 1: Yep, good luck, peace. Hope it wasn't traumatizing.
Speaker 5: Isn't there a process when people come back from like the military where they have to like talk to it professional for like it's almost like an exit interviewer like get back into regular society. I feel like that's the one thing they do for reality contestants and they're like, all right, back into the world.
Speaker 1: Ye, hey, we completely broke your trust in humans and like made you like wi cheat and steel. Hope you have a great life enjoy.
Speaker 4: Crazy while we did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's your five thousand dollars stipend enjoy crazy. Wow.
Speaker 5: Wow, that Mark McGrath is going to hold you over whatever weird star they put you on Serious XM with so true.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like we covered a lot of topics. Oh yeah, this was a lot of funds.
Speaker 2: What was that live birdhouse building? Next week?
Speaker 1: Listen, you invite me to Seattle. I will build a bird house.
Speaker 2: You invite it, We're to Seattle.
Speaker 4: The weirdest threat I've ever heard in my life.
Speaker 1: I'll build a birdhouse. Then you tell you with you.
Speaker 7: I've been seeing people and then it's like cat TV because the cats can watch them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm gonna build it myself.
Speaker 5: Okay, I heard, I heard twelve year old you is very good at building birdhouses.
Speaker 2: You're build one too. We're going to see who gets more birds.
Speaker 1: Wait, Ricky, which reality show. Are you going on? Because we're going to make a mission. Everybody has to apply to one after this.
Speaker 3: I was actually just telling Carl Reeve when we saw each other last in Dallas, then I really want to be on a circle.
Speaker 1: Okay, Diamond does too. I feel really good about this for you. I've never seen it, but I trust you on this one.
Speaker 2: Just passing for the next season. I know this because I feel out my entire application and didn't do the video.
Speaker 3: That's so annoying. Well, one day eventually, I'm going to.
Speaker 8: I just I know that I can trick everyone into loving me because I've done it so well my entire life thus far.
Speaker 1: I would say for both of you, you just need to really hone into like I'm a Jersey girl, because that is exactly what the casting director needs. They just literally need on paper for you to fill the stereotypes. So just be like I'm a Jersey girl, through and through and bat You're gonna make it on in two seconds.
Speaker 2: The application looks like it's still there, but it says it closed August fourteenth, so I don't know. But Ricky and I were discussing if we should go in together.
Speaker 4: Yes, well, would you guys go as yourselves.
Speaker 3: If we went in, it probably goes somewhere else like somebody else. But like we would be to get like the Spice girls did it.
Speaker 7: Yes, right, Like if we went in together to compete as one, we would have to We could go as either one of us or as like Anthony or Andy.
Speaker 4: You couldn't be me.
Speaker 1: Oh, we could easily be just make your profile pick a bird house.
Speaker 2: No, we would charm all the ladies.
Speaker 4: That's it. I don't know if you would. I don't know.
Speaker 3: We are ladies. We know how to charm ladies because we are ladies. You know what ladies like You don't.
Speaker 5: You don't have you don't have the Anthony rizz you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, thank you so much for spraying your riz all over the end of this bowl chat. I really appreciate it. I I guess I don't really know how we end it, and Scotty's gonna kill me for that, but I think we say clink or clink clink, Yeah, that's it, clink. Well, I want to You guys should also promote all your things.
Speaker 4: Ricky go.
Speaker 3: You can always follow me on all social media platforms. At that chick Ricky r I c K. I you see everything that I'm doing. Sometimes it's fun, sometime it's just I'm an average person, gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 1: Love that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you want to follow Ricky's stand account, you can go to at Worst Anthony Carlo crap over.
Speaker 2: Here, I'm playing sorry, but.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm at Worst Anthony on all the platforms and all the things.
Speaker 4: And while she is listening, I'll tell you.
Speaker 5: We have our own podcast called The Morning Show Podcast. You can listen to that anywhere you get your shows. It goes live at four forty five in the morning, East Coast time.
Speaker 4: Love that through Friday.
Speaker 2: Uh you say clink?
Speaker 1: Oh okay great? And she heard the Carla Marie.
Speaker 2: I'm at Carla Marie, amazing yourself. What do you say? I heard nothing. I was listening to bull chat.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We were just saying your name. But yeah, great the Carla Marie. And uh yeah, thank you so much. Like review, subscribe, have a great day, and I guess we'll say clink claning. Wow, you talk after you say clink, okay, this is our banter. Afterwards, Oh my god, that was so crazy that I can't.
Speaker 4: Believe you invited. Ricky is still here,