Speaker 1: The volume. Another day, another KD trade watch. The Sons reportedly aren't committing the trading KD to one of his preferred landing spots Miami, Houston, San Antonio all no state income tax. You're here, p Bel, I'm gonna come to you first, Joe, let him ask you this.
Speaker 2: Has KD earned the right to choose his landing spot?
Speaker 1: Man? Yes, Yes, that man is an all time great. He's done nothing but play hard. Now, everybody you know chastising about his leadership, But dude love a who. Man, he loved a game. So you know what you're gonna get from him, pe Bell, if you know what you're gonna get from man. He gonna be efficient from the floor. He gonna be the easy money sniper. The game comes to him. Now help him out. You know it ain't like it ain't like the place he asked, and they ain't got talent that you can get some guys back and return to where you can still be competitive. You'll be better than what you were last year here. You ain't make the player in last year. You trade him to San Antonio or Houston. I feel like you can Houston. You can get some good comparable pieces to where you still be in contention.
Speaker 2: You can you can at least make the playoffs.
Speaker 3: There's all long standards. This we've seen. We've seeing KD. We've seen KD at all for I mean since I've been in the NBA, I don't know, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen years whatever. Right, we've seen him and in places where when he's happy, right, and I mean happy like it's a great team, it's not a surface running around it. He plays eve leek basketball right. When he goes to places where it's you know and the brook the net scenario and you know this and that I'm not saying it wasn't the elite ball. I'm just saying like it was just a little harder. His teams were not as good, you know.
Speaker 1: Like, so I think you get Katie, you get him in that you know, one of.
Speaker 2: Those Sames seats.
Speaker 3: Obviously he went to University of Texas, no state taxes, you know.
Speaker 1: So people love that people. Yeah, and somewhere and somewhere in tech.
Speaker 2: When you can get him. I remember my used to house now yeah, I remember the house now. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So like when you get when you as a as an athlete, we all know when you get to somewhere as a fresh start.
Speaker 2: You got a lot of young talent.
Speaker 1: You gotta you know, you're not beefing with a coach like we don't know the dynamic with him in a coach like you got something new, You got a coach that you believe in your game goes to a nothing level automatically, you know.
Speaker 3: So I just think that's kind of the situation that he was in. It sounds like some things. But you know, prom I wouldn't say promised to him, but you know, as far as how.
Speaker 2: They you don't want to win. And then you know, you.
Speaker 1: Get the coach who bootingholder, who's not not for everybody, right, he's not for everybody.
Speaker 3: He does things this particular way, and it works. He's won a championship. It works, right, So you can't blame him. But we see that you know that fit. It just didn't work. It just didn't work for Pebbe. If you said something very interesting, you say, when there's not a circus. KD played his best basketball once he left OKC at Golden State because all he got to do was hoop Elsie. You go to Brooklyn, they're counting on you, they want you to lead even though you want to just hoop, they want you to lead.
Speaker 2: You go to Phoenix. Now you and Devin Booker should have to lead you.
Speaker 1: See, you got Clay, you got stepped, you got dramond I get to be a back really truly, I can lead sing, but I kind of like being in the backup.
Speaker 2: I kind of like doing background vocals.
Speaker 1: Right. So I don't know because now at this point, at this point in time, now, guys, everybody that gives Kevin Durant, they look at him as a higher gun. We're bringing you here to get us over the thump. That's that's why they're gonna get him. So the expectation wherever he goes is gonna be expedition. He goes to Miami, Miami is expected to be able to compete for a title. Now it's being reported Mark Spears says Kevin Durant was interested in joining the Knicks as well, but the Knicks were not interested in pursuing him. Now, I don't know how true it is, but Mark Spear seems to be a reputable reporter, and I haven't heard anybody come out and said Mark Spear's Mark Spears doesn't know what he's talking about. All I could just go by is what's being reported.
Speaker 2: And Mark J.
Speaker 1: Spears says he wanted to go to the Knicks now when he had we was a free agent. The Knicks really wanted Kevin Durant, but he bypassed them and jumped over and went to Brooklyn. Now he was at okc oh probably okay, said nah, we good. So wherever he's going, the pressure is gonna be what he felt when he went to Golden State, because they're like, hold on, they got stuffed. They guy Clay, They got Draymond that won seventy three games the year before. They just lost the three to one lead with Kevin Durant. It should be a breeze and it was, and maybe it became too easily. Maybe Kevin Rant says, my job is done here. What do you think about that? What do you guys think about that?
Speaker 3: I don't think Phoenix was a good team, if we're being totally honest, right, I don't think they were a team where they got Kevin Durant and you looked at their roster.
Speaker 2: And you be like, they didn't need Bradley Bee chapmanship. Yeah, I didn't. I don't think there was anyone's thought.
Speaker 3: I didn't think anyone thought that once uh Phoenix got Katie, that they're gonna win the championship. I honestly thought when they lost CP, they were gonna go down.
Speaker 2: That's what they should have kept. Said. Yeah, you know so like that, that's my mindset, right.
Speaker 3: And you obviously you add a player like Bradley Beal, who's you know, phenomenal talent dealing with injury, but when he plays and he's healthy, he plays, well, you got this guy on ball defender, you got this gut the three points a game, maybe five points one game. I mean, they just wasn't getting the best versions of the players that we're we're accustomed to.
Speaker 1: But you played them out a position. I understand Devin Booker can play. He's not a point, he's a two. If there are a lot of these guys that are saying, oh they got the position, they got PG by the name, they're two guards masquerading p Bell, Devin Booker is not a point. He played his best basketball when CP was there. That's the best basketball we see and he got to a championship. They should have kept they should have kept CP three. I'm not saying you gotta pay him twenty five thirty million dollars.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying you keep him. You didn't need badly Bill.
Speaker 1: If you can't get enough scoring from Kevin Durant and Devin Booker, well, I don't know what to tell you, because in the process of getting Bradley, Bill, you give up all your depth.
Speaker 2: The reason these two.
Speaker 1: Teams that are in the finals Indiana and in the OKC what depth, bitch. Yeah, that's how the beat all the time.
Speaker 3: I honestly think if they, I honestly think I'm gonna be honest, I think they they dropped the ball when they got rid of DeAndre a.
Speaker 1: We got rid of wo DeAndre Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, him and Mandy couldn't get on.
Speaker 3: Hey, but now you see, you don't got money or you don't got there.
Speaker 2: You know, coaches, coaches are revolving.
Speaker 1: Well, you ain't got you ain't got a Bogel, you ain't got blutan Holzer, you ain't got money, You on your you on your fourth coaching for years. Hey, hard consistency in continuity when you doing it like that, people, because that's a whole new sister. He might coach another way. Yeah, And they looking for a five man. Now think about that, because you think he look, you think you think guys are easily replaceable in this league, and they not.
Speaker 2: Bro they not.
Speaker 1: Look, you give up c P who is a hell of an orchestrator, and you know he would have made sure Devin Booker and Kevin Durant got their points.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I agree with y'all.
Speaker 1: I don't think Bradley Bell was a great fit because now you're trying to make sure all three of these guys get at least fifteen or twenty shots a night, and it just didn't add up to wins.
Speaker 2: And that's easy to guard. That's easy to guard.
Speaker 3: Okay, cool, he goes shoot, he goes shoot seventh sing, he goes, he goes shoot twenty two.
Speaker 2: Al Right, cool, got it, Stop one of them, easy game one.
Speaker 1: Some in the Son's organization believe Bradley Bill will produced when KD is gone for Jake Fisher. There's a like there is a likewise some hope within the Suns that moving Kevin Durant could possibly present Bradley Bell with a more offensive opportunity to produce in the matter you expect from a player with that sort of contract. As the Steinline have previously reporter various candidates considering during the Sun's recent coaching search, was asked, how would they try to get the best out of Bradley Bill if.
Speaker 2: He remained a son. Hey, he gonna have to.
Speaker 1: Well, he's gonna have to step up if they get rid of Kevin Durant. Brad Bill definitely he got to step in that role in p Bell.
Speaker 2: He gonna have to.
Speaker 1: They gonna need at least twenty two to twenty five plus from him, a night man in order.
Speaker 2: But I trust that coach. I had that coach.
Speaker 3: I had that coach before they got a really good coach, Jordan Odd coach.
Speaker 2: He was an elite coach, and I mean elite.
Speaker 3: He's uh his IQ on a on a on a Offensively, it's so simple but so like at fast and what he does defensively.
Speaker 2: He's one of the few coaches that can do both.
Speaker 1: I had him as a coach, like we talked, like I got a text message right now from him, you know, Happy Fathers Father's Day.
Speaker 3: So like coach out. He's a phenomenal coach. Don't sleep on him.
Speaker 2: But hey, look, I don't know what kind of system he gonna implement.
Speaker 1: But uh, they need they need Bradley Bell to be the guy who they got from the Wizards at twenty six, twenty seventh Night.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't know if.
Speaker 1: He can average that, but he a look, they gonna need him to be one of them top guns on a consistent basis. But he and Bradley he had been Devin Booker really the same person. I agree, they're the same people. Well be bath they need a center. They need a center. When you gave up all those think about it. You had just went to the NBA Finals. You had DeAndre Ayton, you have McKay up Bridges, you had book you had a CP, you had Camda crowd. Yeah yeah, you had a knife. And you blow that all up. You get rid of ating not for whatever reason, it seemed like Ayton and and and and and money was going back and forth. I don't know, but it just seemed like they was always butting heads on the sideline. Looking at it from the TV, I was not, you know, just watching it from a distance, it seemed like they was always button head. But you blow it up, and you've had three coaches, you about to be on your fourth coaching for since they last won a title, and you you get Kevin Durant. Look at what you gave up. You traded Michel Bridge. You can't jail and draft picks. You give up draft picks to get Bradley Beal. So okay, you got three guys that can score. But they're gonna be stepping over Kevin Durant. Not but kind of Bradley bial and and and and and uh book they kind of stepping over each other doing the same thing. And you ain't got no doubt, You ain't got no big nurkis.
Speaker 2: Less be meant?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I think I think it might be a chess feech too, right, it might be a chess feech too.
Speaker 2: You look at these moves.
Speaker 3: That guy's giving up picks, like you get these big name guys, and now you might you can get picks back and not it picks back.
Speaker 2: You can get younger talent and assets for him too.
Speaker 1: Right, Like, we don't know what does Kevin Kevin Durant. We don't know what kind of hall of it. He's thirty seven with an injury history, be ball what you think, and you know he wanted to leave, so now you can ask for more. You could definitely ask me because I know he wants to leave.
Speaker 3: If I know he wants to leave, okay, Okay, I can ask for a whole bunch of more, Okay.
Speaker 1: But I ain't gonna give it to you because he's thirty seven and he has an injury history.
Speaker 2: Is he a phenomenal talent.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, there's a reason why he was on the seventy fifth anniversary team. He's one of the great players in NBA history. But we can't ignore the fact, Pat Bell, he's thirty seven with an injury history. But you told us at the beginning of the show.
Speaker 3: You just said, if this player is coming to if this, if this player is coming to your team, is he feeling is this James Jackson Philling Love noes.
Speaker 2: We said, no, Kevin Durant, come to your team? He is? Is he in the lineup that night? Because he might be hurt? Who that? Yeah, yea, yeah.
Speaker 1: I think if you got him on a more than days, then he gonna feel that because we know every order that she's been in he's especially Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: He came to Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: He missed the whole year and have and missed that bubble year and half the year, didn't play the following, So we get that Phoenix.
Speaker 2: He got to Phoenix and got hurt immediately. He got nick last year.
Speaker 1: Hey look, oh, I feel like I feel like he getting he deal with them injuries, man, because of the workload that he got to carry. I think he got to carry too much of a workload, like you said, when he was with When he was with Golden State, all he had to do was just who you know, he didn't have to do a whole lot of dirty work, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: He could get to Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: They expect a lot out of him, absolutely defensively and offensively, and I think that puts him in a comparable site situation to where he's having to deal with injuries.
Speaker 2: I didn't think they needed James Harden. I didn't need them man.
Speaker 1: As great as the talent James is, uh, it's just like it's kind of like the situation in Phoenix.
Speaker 2: It's like you got over Kidd.
Speaker 1: You got three Bona FID players, right, and you know what James can do. You know, he can go get you thirty and twelve on the any given night. But it's like you got too much offensive power and it just it didn't it didn't add up. It didn't add up, It didn't add up to wins. And when you get guess what you did, man, Guess what your depth? Because when you trade for James, because think about it, you got Kyrie and KD for nothing. They were free agents. They came and you didn't have to give up no compensation. You didn't have to give up no drift capital. You'd have to give up no players. Now you get James, you got to give up drift capital and you got to give up players to get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I ain't when we played against that books, that's team, they were so talented, I ain't.
Speaker 2: And I mean that's the year James, Sorry, I heard too.
Speaker 3: So we really didn't really get to see the full potential, how that team looked all together. You know, we might have seen you know, them together for a little bit of period of time. I think Kay got hurt that year. I think James. Yeah, we really didn't really get to see the best, the best, the best form of up. But when I when we played them, and I think I was with the Clippers and we played them, it was nothing that we could do, like it was, it was so much going on like it was.
Speaker 1: It was it was matchup problems over here, match up problems on post match up problems and pick and roll like. It was so many match up problems that it wasn't a lot that we could do. They just wasn't healthy. Man, I mean, what what look you guys followed me and being I followed? Was it always like this? Like the transcendent? Historically great players end up moving like this. Now think about the KD, the Okay, Golden State, Brooklyn Phoenix.
Speaker 2: Now he about to be on his fifteen.
Speaker 1: And two of the teams he's been traded three of So you got traded for money, one to Phoenix and now he's about to be traded for Phoenix to h to wherever he goes. I think that the sense of like the money is obviously got.
Speaker 2: I blame the ring culture. I'mbelievable. No, it's the money, right, it's the money.
Speaker 3: And then it's guys like you're gonna see a lot of guys back then using their voice.
Speaker 2: They couldn't.
Speaker 1: They didn't have the department like they got up bail right now, So like now you can go and be like, nah, man, he getting that I want this and if I can't get this I'm gonna go to another teament get it right. And you got guys that got relationships like, hey, bro, what's he doing in something?
Speaker 2: All right? Cool? We could do this.
Speaker 3: We do do so like you got guys that's working behind the scenes. It's like, okay, cool, they go maximize.
Speaker 1: And what they should right and what they should so like, it's just different now, it's different times, right. I think it's more of a flex right, right.
Speaker 3: You see you see a guy player on one team this whole career, a guy like Steph Curry, right, guy like Drake Moond. It's you know, moving teams. Guys feel like, okay, I can want a championship over there. Change the coach over there. I can want a champions over there. It's more of a flex a little bit.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: Hey, Then when you look at Durant man, he's such a polarizing you know clayer meaning he's.
Speaker 2: Always gonna have value, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So it don't it don't matter where he's at, somebody's gonna always want him on his team because his skill set is uh, second to none. You know, a team can always use it. You look and for me, you look at it. Who could use twenty six to night. But look you look at it. You look at Houston, P Bell, who are the number two seed in this year's playoffs, and they were a young team. They struggle scoring, the scoring the basketball especially. Yeah, you get Kevin Durant, you know you you don't have them problems, you know what I mean? So, yeah, I know, I'm sure they gonna get him traded. I just hope he goes to a situation to where you know, it is comfortable for him and he's able to just hoop, play his game and be the easy money sniper that we know he is. And it is Houston. I think he's Kevin Durant. The days are just hooping it over. He got that when he first when he first got to UH, when he was in Seattle for that one year, and when he went to End and when he went they went to Okay. See when he go to Golden State, ain't no more just hooping because the expectation of championship.
Speaker 2: Ain'tybody that trade for Kevin Red right now?
Speaker 1: P BAF and Joe you know this. They expect championship because the won, that's closing the fair of whatever ass you want to want to use. He's a seven foot scoring machine. He's a fishing out of the Yin Yang. I mean he shot, I mean he had an off year shooting from the free throw line cups. He shot like eighty four eighty five percent, which is crazy. He's normally eighty nine ninety. But he gave it twenty six, five and six. And so he goes to Houston. You know what that means. They had the number two seed. They expect to go further. If he goes to Miami. You know what the expectations here when you go to Raleigh led organization. So there's no place he can go that he's gonna be able to rest comfortably because the expectations are gonna follow.
Speaker 3: Kevin Durant I think, I think, I think he can go to I ain't gonna You talk about one in a million or billion chances of like.
Speaker 2: There's only one a couple of teams that he could.
Speaker 3: Have went to, and and and and they underachieved, right, and one of them is Phoenix. Right, new situation, new coach, Your coach is going as the first year. You don't know how it looks. He could go to any other team though, and definitely take that team where it needs to go. And we're talking about contenders, right he can go to San Antonio right now, unbelievable team.
Speaker 2: We'll we'll say the team is a cheat. Coach. He go to the Rockets right now, with the with the pieces they have, with the coach. Are you gonna give up where they gonna give up in Houston to get it?
Speaker 1: Are you? Look? I think Jalen Green would be one. I think Jabari would be two. I'm not giving up. That's not giving up. I'm not giving up. And Thompson, I'm not giving him up.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, he's anna touch, He's gonna touch.
Speaker 3: But I think you give up those guys he named, and you give up some sixteen and fifteen year old, some two.
Speaker 1: Thousands thirty one draft picks right and sixteen year old you go?
Speaker 2: You go? I mean, I do you like? I like? Let's see Thompson, Shingoon, k D, Van Fleet, Dylan Brooks.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, see Now you got you got you got your blue collar worker guys, and you got KD who is seamlessly fit right in and alleviate the pressure from those guys, especially in that fourth quarter. I just feel like that's that's a great matchup. But I also like him going to San Antonio playing with Dane Fox. Oh, Parks and market what. But they're gonna probably have they they have to give up Castle. Yeah, you're probably gonna have to give up Castle, but you got to give up something else.
Speaker 2: To to make their making work. I give it.
Speaker 1: Hey, they got they got one hundred, like you said, Pat Bell, they got some. They got some some seven year old picks in there too. They got picks all the way out of twenty forty.
Speaker 2: So for Shure, that's what.
Speaker 3: That's one thing we do know these teams have. They have a lot of money, and they got a lot of picks. So I tell you that we know that. Well, Pat Bell, we're gonna get you out of here. Make sure you guys go fow.
Speaker 2: No, no, wait wait wait on u uh.
Speaker 1: And you know you speaking about one on one. You know me and Joe played well, you know me and Joe went. You know, he went to Arkansas. I don't think you know that, John tells Bell. I don't think you really mean the I don't mean to keep y'all stugg going on. Now tell you the story.
Speaker 2: Okay, So so you know I went to the University of Arkansas.
Speaker 3: Like you say, alumni where Joe Johns, right, and then and then during the time I was there, you gotta think I'm probably like you know, I'm freshman of the Year.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm new coming of the year.
Speaker 3: So all the accolades and I'm getting I'm really just Joe Johnson got him before, Right, I'm the only kid on the team that has like any type of NBA start them.
Speaker 1: So what Joe Johnson do? He come get me up. He takes me out of his lead. He takes care of me while I'm at Arkansas. He gives me place, a little rock to stay, He gives me I'm talking about any time he got.
Speaker 2: A free time. He come up to the school. That's a two hour drive.
Speaker 1: I get into the NBA. We play Atlanta. I go right to his house all the time, like his family is my family. Like you gotta think Joe was really like big broke Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: The first dude who ever put me on listen, oh hey, oh I was in the league. He was in college. He come over to the house and be oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I can't wait to get to the lead boy and give him send me one of the big roads. Give me one of them, have one right there. Hey, Hey, he was geeked up the whole time.
Speaker 1: Look, we had we had a summer league back of the crib and Little Rock and uh man, I had him come down there and play with us. Man, come up there, turn turn out the whole gym. Y'all know how he is all them anthings, picking up full court, talking stuff the whole guess.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, this is what I need. They little people right there.
Speaker 3: So yeah, though was like he wants he don't want to know, like, man, you got kids.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, I got kids. He's like, okay, you gotta feed your kids. So he really the one that likes it.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about I'm with Lebron and Miami got dinner and Lebron like everybody knows you you're about to go, you about to go with you? Yeah, you damn right. I'm talking about Uncle I mad in his room just looking around like ye'ah I need that. Hey. But you know what, guys, that's the that's the greatest motivator to see it because like my brother with and I go there's a three cars, see three cockoags and you hit there's a Ferrari, there's a Pores, there's a big body Mercedes and you know Central heating it. Yeah, to see that, I see I know somebody that actually got that.
Speaker 2: Oh I got I gotta get that. Yeah, I need that. I'm at his maama house. I'm staying at his mama house. Its mama got pool.
Speaker 1: I gotta get So to shout out to Joe Johnson.
Speaker 2: J Joe Johnson, appreciate fan, bro I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Path got y'all make sure y'all go fellows the Pat Bell Podcast on social media and on YouTube at the Pat Bell Podcast with Rome. It's on a barstool, uh social media where you on our g pat pat Bell twenty one, you know, gonna meet Pat Bell pod.
Speaker 2: Wrong.
Speaker 1: I see you at Dave on the on the yeah point no yeah, yeah yeah yeah episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Good dude. He's real smart, very smart. He real very very very bad ball. Thank you man.
Speaker 1: We really appreciate you coming on tonight. We know you know, hey, we really really appreciate you coming on, providing your expertise, breaking down this game and talking about a lot of other topics. Hey, you get a free time, fan, come on back. You welcome anytime, Always give you grow. Good to see y'all all. Thanks l Jacon.
Speaker 2: Joe.
Speaker 1: There's still a possibility that Jason Kidd could join the next per in Bagley. The door is not completely closed on the Knicks and Jason Kidd. Per people familiar with the dynamic in Dallas. Other outlists reported as recently is last week that kid was still a possibility and remains the case as a Monday, teams were hanging up on the Knicks during their head coach search per SA Shams. Teams would just hang up, some would say no then hang up. In other situation, the prophetic was involved, you know, literally, if no responses.
Speaker 2: Hey love j Ki, Gonna keep the dove and now what is it? Hold on? What is it? The Knicks could offer the Mavericks to what get Jake Kidd?
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all will give up og, y'all gonna give up Michale Bridges, y'all gonna give up Mitchell Robinson. I need something they gonna have to give up. I don't know, Uh, I don't know what they I don't know what they can give up. You know, I know uh Dallas got that that number one pick and from my understanding, they hold on to that, yes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So I don't even know.
Speaker 1: If it's really a job that that Jay Kidd really wants to be honest with you, I think he's better in the West with Anthony Davis and Couober Flag and and and uh, Kyrie.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. That's what I'm saying you.
Speaker 1: I know, you know it's gonna take probably Kyrie a little while to come back, but I think you got enough pieces over there to keep you afloat until back, you know, to somewhat of one hundred percent, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So I can't see I honestly, I can't see him.
Speaker 1: I can't see him taking that nixt job unless they offer him something that's kind of hard to turn down. Yeah, I mean, you're gonna put him up there with what you know, uh spolstru Or or Steve Kurr seventeen million, eighteen nineteen million a year.
Speaker 2: Shit, But you're in New York compared to me, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You ay, that money that you getting in Texas with no state income tax man New York cost youre.
Speaker 2: Like ten percent. And that's what I'm saying. So I don't don't. I don't see him. I don't see him, you know, taking this job.
Speaker 1: And like I said, unless it's something that's kind of hard for him to turn down, I think he's kind of, you know, developed a nice little thing there in Dallas, and I'm sure he wants to try to get to get the massage back to the championship winning ways, you know what I mean, what.
Speaker 2: He's got, they really got a chance.
Speaker 1: Before we go to any other topics, we got to talk to mter thirty Burger. So Joe dropped thirty points for the Detroit Amps fifty casually pulled down ten boards. Everybody, look at it. Hold on, we're going to put it back up. Oh Joe, hit it with it there, I ain't it that big body gotay get to your spots. Man.
Speaker 2: Hey look Bay, oh, all levels are middies posts three ball, four point. But what whatever you want? Baby?
Speaker 1: Damn Joe, you're about to be a seventh or eight man in the NBA right now. Huh man, I man, listen, y'all think I'll be talking. Y'all think I'll just be talking. Man, I can get somebody about fifteen or fifteen minutes. Fifteen twenty minutes off the bench. Boy, just give me fifteen twenty Joe. Ten, I'll give you in one from ten to fifteen. Yeah, I be fishing. I'm gonna make plays. I'm gonna play the right way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I'm gonna tell you something now, This this once a week thing, and this, this is my type of this is my speed though.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna lie to fish.
Speaker 1: That's easy to these heights, Joe. Hey, I ain't finna say a lot to hear me. This once a week thing. Hey, I can do this in my sleep. Thank you Detroit A social media team for providing us with these colde ISO Joe highlights. Make sure y'all go follow the ams on I g at Detroit Amps and you get an opportunity to see ISO Joe.
Speaker 2: Who y'all play this week? Joe?
Speaker 1: We got the three oh five, We got Beesley and Lance Stevenson and Mario who that could be a barn burner. It's gonna be so smoke And you see them boys game. You see that, hey man Lance getting to it with the with d White. I thought the White was going up it.
Speaker 2: Just last night.
Speaker 1: They tried to talk the White out of his game. Made it because Beesley stayed talking because he he I think DWIGHTE is so polarizing, and you know, you look at him in statue, you know, he's so big and strong, and to my understanding that uh they say he was talking a lot of junk and uh in Las Vegas at the combine, you know, talking about how he was gonna come in and you know, destroy the league and kill this and the third So I guess some dude took offense to it because they show ain't let them off the hook. Boy, Hey that was w w E right there. We I'm like, oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everything was borderline in that game. That game was so long, but everything it was borderline. But the competitive edge it was there. You know, I thought, uh, they competed at a real high level. And you could tell, man, it was just such a buzz throughout the whole aren of just the entire game.
Speaker 2: Like, man, it was it was, it was. It was a good game to watch.
Speaker 1: I just I don't really care for all the antics and all of the fighting and getting in there because the league game for that bro, like we were on national TV and we we wanted to be you know, a great game, a great competitive game, not necessarily guys wrestling and throwing punches. And I'm cool with the trash talking and all that, but when when things get borderline and were throwing punches and we all on the floor and then come on, now, do you think do you think some of the antics went over over the line?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: You know, I think due to you know, uh, I think both teams kind of lost their emotions, you know, throughout the game, meaning every time a guy scored, You're seeing guys in each other face.
Speaker 2: Shit, they were down their head button, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I was like, hey, but what it's just two teams that was competitive and just trying to impose they wheel on each other, and I just felt things kind of got a little out of hand. You think you think Lanson Dwight was serious?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think.
Speaker 1: I think in in the midst of that game, in between the lines, they really had a real.
Speaker 2: Fuel with each other. Uh.
Speaker 1: And you can tell everything was so physical, man, Like, let me tell y'all some chat. Y'all understand this, man, The Big Three is probably the most physical basketball that I've been a part of. Yeah, Like, it's only it's six guys out there, so you only got two other teammates who can help you, and a lot of stuff is borderline the rest let you get away with a lot. It's far more physical than the NBA or any other, you know, basketball league that I've ever played in. So I'll definitely give it that because I'm gonna tell you I ain't gonna lie. I felt like I got into a fight with ten men when I woke up on Sun. That was, like, I guess, it's real pure. It's a lot of bumping, grind, bruising. Like it's tough, bro, but it's fun at the same time. We all, I just love competing. You ain't gonna fall for lance antics, are you? Nah? Nah?
Speaker 2: I'm way too too intact for that.
Speaker 1: And then plus on top of that, man, when you got a lot of game, he ain't got there.
Speaker 2: You gotta do all that talking trying to cough you out your game. Nah. Yeah. See, And I think Dwhite.
Speaker 1: You know what he has understand is, you know, it takes a while to kind of really understand the three and three games, right, But just like the late Great Russell said, man, this game is about buckets. You gotta be able to score the basketball right period, Pump Blake, you know we going to fifty. This ain't a time and restraint like it ain't ten minutes on the clock and you try to hold the lead. The hardest part of three on three, specially in the Big Three, is when you reach forty points and you try to close the team out to get fifty because guys started to get a little tight. It ain't them a little comfortable shots you was taking early and making.
Speaker 2: They ain't dropping no more because we didne got in them legs.
Speaker 1: Now you're a little tired, you know what I mean, and you're able to get away with a little more as far as physic catally physic catally and kind of rastling a little bit. So it's a lot tough than what people think because you gotta go get the fifty.
Speaker 2: But you gotta win by two, right, you gotta win by two? Wow.
Speaker 1: So letting let me ask you a question, Joe, what's the secret of to dealer with the trash talk? Because I'm sure there are a lot of guys in the NBA that talk to about off or he with us self check you know, whatever the case they may or whatever the case may be, how do you deal with that? How do you compartmentalize what Joe has to do? And while all these guys are chirping or the bench is like offshot or whatever, chirping, how do you deal with that? You gotta go up there. You can't sit back and let them. You can't sit back and let them chirp or let them be the aggressive offensively.
Speaker 2: Man. You gotta take it to them, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean, Just like just like anything, you got a guy who's being aggressive, man, you gotta take it to them. Bro, this some type of game, it's gonna be okay, let's go, let's do it. Yeah, there are a lot of trash talking in your game on Saturday.
Speaker 2: It was a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was some trash talking, but it was mainly just good competition, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like nothing overly.
Speaker 1: But you know, you can see guys kind of get raped up after they score out they make a big play, which is pretty typical, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But you just keep it moving. But in the Big Three is not make it take it? Is it? Nah? It ain't make it take it. It ain't make it take it.
Speaker 1: So you know you, oh, Joe Joe, that's the way we used to play one on one, make it take it? Yeah right, you ain't, Hey, you don't even want to get the ball back exactly if it was making take it. You probably see a lot more outside of games, you know what I mean, absolutely, because that the whole thing. That's why you gotta shoot for a nod give me the ball, no right to give it to you, right right?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Back of the day we played, especially one on one. Say it's made it take it.
Speaker 2: Twenty one. Yeah, I hope y'all. Y'all probably don't even touch the ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love twenty one because it was every man for himself and bad boy. You got the nineteen oh a whole squads done billed. Hey boy, you better hit a hero. You better he wasn't have Steph Curry's because you were not gonna get nothing easy.
Speaker 2: So hey, look, and.
Speaker 1: Then you know twenty one you can't really call fouls, so you got eighteen nineteen.
Speaker 2: You're trying to go for the winning bucket. They be fouling every day. No, it ain't no foul.
Speaker 1: You ain't exactly, Joe, Do you think that like when you first got into the league, were they're more trash talking when you first got into the league or when you leaving it.
Speaker 2: When I first got in.
Speaker 1: See when I first got in, I came in at old one. So that's kind of you know, right after the nineties. So you still got a lot of those guys. Oh, you got KG, you got Gary Hayden, Gary Payton talked to the refs and he the man like like they old and money you're man talking about after some of the stuff I heard GP say the refs man, I can't even believe he didn't get text like you know what I'm saying. It was like conversation, but I'm like, wow, like anybody else, they're gonna tee you up quick. So you had certain guys who just had that reputation and the refs knew it. They respected. It's almost kind of like Draymond. You know, Draymond get away.
Speaker 2: With a lot.
Speaker 1: You know, absolutely a lot of stuff he does is borderline, but he get he gets away were far more than what they catch him with, you know what I mean. Yeah, So but Bak then Draymond, He's like, let me go and get it out because I know they don't want to throw me out the game. They're gonna be real. Hell, they don't give me a long leash before they throw me out the game. So I'm gonna push it right up to the albill, push it up to the limit. Right, And if I'm doing it every game, you ain't calling that every game. You ain't gonna call it every game. So they get him every now and then. But for the most part, you know, he get away with a lot. Well, y'all got a Oh that's gonna be a good one. It is, hey, Bes, you know, Bees gonna be going at you, Joe. Oh yeah, but I'm gona be going right back. I don't know what y'all think this here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, the thing is, people say, uh and Bees is a hell of a player, man, It's like but at the same time, you gotta make him work defensively.
Speaker 2: You can't let them sit and just be comfortable, you know what I mean? Right?
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, it's gonna it's gonna be a damn good game. I'm looking forward to it. Ooh yeah, I better tune in.
Speaker 2: I so Joe bas first to fifty win. It's gonna be a good one, baby.
Speaker 1: The Dallas Mavericks accidentally leaked plans for the number one draft pick on their website with the first pick the Dallas Mavericks and the twenty twenty five NBA Draft selects Secret of America. Right, they ain't likeake nothing. Now if we already knew what they were doing, Yeah, oh there, y'all think. Oh, we thought y'all gonna take somebody else. I just I honestly, I thought they was gonna probably trade that pick and then go get KD. But to my understanding, they keeping it. Yeah, yeah, I thought that that would you know you wanted Yannis? I mean I was like, okay, hey, we got number one pick and another big but I mean, you think about it. The Lakers, I mean the Milwaukee they traded Kareem, they.
Speaker 2: Traded Ray Allen, So trade Yannis wouldn't surprise you. Man. You can't even do you know what type of team that would be when you don't even.
Speaker 1: If the Mavericks got Yannis, you, I mean, without Kyrie, you will still be I think you will still be top of the Western Conference, at least top five.
Speaker 2: With Yanna's.
Speaker 1: And so and so. You say if Joannis went to the if Jannis went to the Mavericks and they had to give up Kyrie, so Jannis.
Speaker 2: And a D. Nah.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, if you traded that Cooper flag flag okay, and you had Jannison a D leading the charge until Kyrie man Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: For sure, yeah yeah yeah, yea yea yeah yeah yeah absolutely.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about the next year, next year or two, you you could potentially win a win a tighter. The bar ball continues to push the LA Clippers to quit play it in trade for LaMelo. The Clippers bring those gd boy ball boys home. Let's go get a championship and quit messing around all you fans who won a championship back in La.
Speaker 2: Yes, a whole new arena with the ball boys. Who ain't gonna go up there and watch that show? Who are you giving up to go get LaMelo? Man M, I don't know if uh.
Speaker 1: They're not trading James Harden for him, they're not trading Kawhi and they're not training Zubas. So you got Norman Poull, You got done. I mean I'm trying to what else, nah, Manu. The Hornets ain't doing that, not for not for their young towned guy. And I think the thing is maybe, look it's been proven, LaMelo and Lonzo can play. I don't think Jello LeVar will have to get that one up that that dog ain't gonna hunt. He's still trying to get Jello in the league.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they said je Jello got a whole new career now he ain't starting the Yeah basketball and man trying to come up with a hot another hot single right now.
Speaker 2: On him. That's around. That's a round.
Speaker 1: He look, he done found his niche Yeah, yeah, I mean, I mean to have two sons, I mean, I mean, I guess it would be great. I mean because with the holiday I think it's three holiday boys, right yeah, yeah, and they got them in there. But you know, but look, I can I can understand him one. You know, LaMelo in La Obsens, his hometown, in that new arena, he'll be box office in there. But if you the Huntings, you can't do that. Yeah, he boks off it. But he's another one.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: He got to do something with them ankles. Man, his ankle might be worse than Steph Curry's. And you remember how Steph had ankle problems early.
Speaker 2: In his career.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, to try to keep him healthy, man, they got to try to find a way they might he might need to Hey, cal Steph and see what type of brakest stepth be wearing man because Mello Man every year is every year there's an injury going on. Just got to get him on that. Gotta get him on that mean fitness plan on getting what you think. Well, his dad and his dad's a working was a workout warrior. His dad played football. I mean if Jello got a body like his dad. Uh and you look at Lonzoy and Mellow, they got the fan frames, they don't have that that size and that like the dad had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they can.
Speaker 1: But I think LaMelo can get like that wiry strength. I don't think he needs to get bigger. He just needs to get stronger, you know what I mean. Like we talked about the other night, you have to you have to enjoy lifting. You have to lift weights to be able to make it through an entire NBA season. You can have too many games on a night to night basis, and it wears your body down. And if you're not fueling your body, meaning lifting weights to keep your body strong, you're ultimately gonna deal with these little knickknack injuries.
Speaker 2: That's just that's just what it is. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So You gotta get him on this Men fitness plan. Man, get him right, It'll be all right.