Speaker 1: I miss a green for example, I'm already upset.
Speaker 2: When I find my ball in the bunker, I'm really upset.
Speaker 1: And when I find my ball in a fried egg Friday.
Speaker 3: Egg, the dreaded Frida Egg, Friday Frida Friday Bride Egg, Lie, I'm about ready to run off of the course.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to another edition of the Friday Egg Podcast. We are joined by the Three Man Weave, DJ Paiowski and Tron Carter.
Speaker 1: How are you, guys, Andy crushed?
Speaker 2: Crushed?
Speaker 3: It is a man, my man, coach.
Speaker 1: I feel like that should be the first thing we address, is Tron's blatant take backs or flip flopping on the couture issue. And maybe you can clarify your stance for us here the couture issue.
Speaker 2: Coach balled out today. He balled out.
Speaker 3: He's a stud, He's got total command of that wipey fade. He's a generational player.
Speaker 1: To be clear, you're trying to convince me here. I have been in on Couture the whole time, continually pumping him to you as Andy has as well. Uh and and you just I feel like have had a lot of just a very muddy opinion on the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Again, I hate his swing. I just and he I mean Andy should hate him too. He's totally against the whole aim left revolution.
Speaker 1: I mean he's he made, he aims way right, and he comes over it and then fades it.
Speaker 2: Yeah he if that says that he over exaggerated, he doesn't come over the top a little.
Speaker 1: But man, it's kind of like that.
Speaker 3: Versus the versus the feet. But anyway, yeah, I just you know what, like I'm not I'm gonna play a little hard to get and I'm still not cool with Sketchers. But Coocher is He's a great champion.
Speaker 2: Is he your favorite Sketchers brand ambassador?
Speaker 3: Brooke Henderson is my favorite Sketchers brand in Bastador.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be. It's gonna be wrestling Knox for me.
Speaker 3: Butcher Coucher is now second to her.
Speaker 2: I'm a I'm a coacher being my guy.
Speaker 1: Your current couture love affair had nothing to do with having him at seventy five to one this week. I mean, the early bird gets the worm. Uh. I mean I also I had speed as well, so you know, I just Coucher.
Speaker 3: I've gone full circle on him. I liked the idea of Coocher today. It was the first time I've ever enjoyed watching him play. Uh, we're gonna have Huber on the trap draw and we're gonna talk about the story.
Speaker 1: That kind of flip the script for me, flip public opinion. Yeah exactly. So No, I mean I thought it was cool.
Speaker 3: Uh how his wife came up to speed after the round. It's like, I'm so happy for you.
Speaker 1: How about her flying across the pond like this morning, didn't even tell she was coming.
Speaker 3: And they were hanging out at Justin Leonard's, Like yeah, Compound Colorado and.
Speaker 1: Sketchers, all sketchers for everybody.
Speaker 2: A whole family of sketchers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was kind of disgusting.
Speaker 1: Actually, I love it all in lean.
Speaker 2: In so uh speed, what I mean, I that was what could you say? That was something else?
Speaker 3: I just I don't understand how you can hit some of their shots that he hit in the first few holes, and I'm like, like that that that iron end of fourteen, like that was one of the That was the best shot this year in my opinion.
Speaker 1: It was so good, Like that was insane, just that that ship shot on thirteen. Yeah, to even set up being able to make bogy all of it.
Speaker 3: I'm just like, I just don't understand, like how like obviously he's a generational player. The question has been whether he stinks or not, and sometimes sometimes he's many.
Speaker 1: People are saying he answered that question to that, sometimes he stinks, like he's stunk so badly.
Speaker 3: I don't understand how somebody can stink that badly on that stretch of holes, and then all of a sudden he just like turns into this freaking superhuman killer.
Speaker 1: He's he just murders people in cold blood is the whole thing. I mean, like literally that shot on fourteen should have gone in. That was a hole in one. That was my biggest takeaway from today was that if you think about like if you just look at his resume, you look at his game, you look at whatever he's one. Now, you at like the first time hear the only time I guess he wonted Augusta. You know, he wins with his a game. He just boat races everybody. You look at how he won at Chambers. He wins with kind of his medium game. You look at how he won today, he wins with his worst game. You look at.
Speaker 3: Like it's the weird thing he had, like his D game on the.
Speaker 1: Front and he had, but that's what I'm saying. That's what I'm saying. And then like flip, it's like his A plus game the last three but even more than that, like he wins. He wins in Australia, and he wins at the John Deere, and he wins in Connecticut and he wins at Pebble and like it literally doesn't matter, he just wins. He's a yes.
Speaker 2: So think about Matt Coocher. He he gets a one shot lead on the on the thirteenth hole and he says, you know, like you tell him, Hey, you're going to play the next four two under and you're going to go to the eighteenth t two like not like with the slimmest of margins of hope to win the tournament after playing four of the you know, four of the last five holes of a major championship two and.
Speaker 1: You have I know we're Coocher heavy already here, and I'm sure we're going to talk at length about speF. But it was jarring to see Coocher after the round because he is always so happy, go lucky and aw shucks, and he was like, I'm kind of shook right now. He was shook afterwards, and like rightfully so, of course, because I mean, like we can get into this, but I mean that I feel bad saying it, but I mean that felt like his chance, like that it was then or never. For the weather.
Speaker 3: I think the weather really cooked him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so too. I mean, well that's what Trying and I were talking about earlier, is like, you know, if he was going to come out and win today, it was like it wasn't going to be like knocking down flagsticks and just overpowering, you know, speF. It was going to be obviously like kind of like when he wins typically feels like it kind of a survival test and kind of like, you know, just letting a lot of other people beat themselves. I mean, what was the last time he won. He got crowned by the flag stick at Harbor Town, right, It's true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I was looking at.
Speaker 1: His hat a different course though.
Speaker 2: His majors recently. I mean, guys, kind of he's he's in it a lot. It's that surprising, given more than he.
Speaker 3: Was, say three years ago. Like he's really I think he's really put the onus on.
Speaker 2: And you look at Stenson and and Garcia winning late. I mean, Phil didn't really win majors until late.
Speaker 4: I think he's still got hope.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's it looks like he's learning how to play the Open, which could be actually his best shot because of how well rounded he is. He's a pretty low he's a controlled player, and then.
Speaker 1: You can I can see what a master's too getting beat up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like in the wind today though the more the wind came out, the more his ball was getting beat up.
Speaker 1: It seemed like.
Speaker 3: I also felt like he I don't know if it's just.
Speaker 1: It like, is he too nice?
Speaker 2: Here's the other thing. US Open. He's made the cut since twenty ten every single year and he's got he's got five top fifteens.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean I guess like it's all about kind of looking at I feel like the recent US Open venues haven't really been great for him.
Speaker 1: It's it seems like he's going to succeed more at like one of the more like quote unquote traditional well the recent US Open, those places, I guess like bizarre, Yeah, that's what I mean, for lack of better words, totally for every feel.
Speaker 3: You know, it hasn't really it's been kind of a crapshoot, whereas you know, moving forward here for the next few years, it's gonna be much more of a kind of a murderers Rove.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so over under a half a major on Koucher for the rest of his career.
Speaker 1: He's what thirty nine, Yeah, thirty nine is up there, man. I mean it's like it's pretty good shape. Though I'm still gonna I really like him and I was rooting hard for him today and I would love to see him do it, but I'm gonna take that under.
Speaker 3: I think I'm gonna go over. I'm gonna say he's gonna win a major. I think this is I think this only edified his resolve.
Speaker 1: I just I mean, the thing I always come back to with these and it's so easy and we do it every every major Sunday is you get wrapped up in whoever just had recent form and like it's just so like It's what I was talking about with Tiger too, where it's like whenever anybody says like Tiger might win a major, you go back to, like, okay, cool on that week, he's gonna have to be Ricky, Dustin Jordan, Rory, Jason Day, all these guys like on the same week, and like it's just I don't know, it just feels easier to bet on any of those guys at any given major.
Speaker 3: Then I just felt, I don't know, if there was something last week like Coocher playing the Scott Actually he had a he had a he had an interview that's true, that's a low key and just talking about how point you know, like how he's kind of like I feel like he's really starting to emphasize that in his career, like where and actually brand a at a good point. Today it was like, you know, like Coocher, he's got a ton of ton of top ten or top twenty finishes in majors, made a shitload of money because of those, Like that was that was for the money. Now he wants to leave his mark. He wants to you know, like I think that's that's what's missing from his career.
Speaker 1: Oh you're so crushed today.
Speaker 3: Too, Yeah, yeah, well so that was like to me, that made me so angry. When Golf Channel was doing the live front thing, yeah, and then away like I was waiting for his first press conference because that's ten times more interesting than the winners press conference to me always, whether it's the World Series, the NBA Finals or whatever. And then like maybe two questions could ask and they cut away from it like he was legitimately, like you could tell, you could tell how much it's affected him, you know. So I'm curious to read the transcript. Hopefully the RNA or the Open puts it up on their website.
Speaker 1: I like that he had a historic performance today and we spent ninety five percent of this already talking about Coucher.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean well, I mean every other podcast, like Speed Speed, Speed Speed, you know.
Speaker 1: People come here to talk about the losers.
Speaker 2: What I need is I need Coucher to start moments and wins down, start knocking them down, like Sergio kind of had a drought eight but then before this this uh mass Or he won I think maybe twice in the in the calendar, or.
Speaker 3: He won the Byron Nelson and then the Cotter.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know remember remember forty year old version when the one guy is the guy advice. He's like, you know, man, you gotta just start throwing some Kucher needs to start, like he needs to go out and win, like the RBC next week, just just mow it down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's what I was gonna say, that beyond brand it would be. And that's where I could see him like having that kind of resurgence in his career where he does Like I mean, he's just his game's obviously in a great spot. He like is so comfortable in his own skin and everything that, like I could see him winning a lot of those, but like it just seems I don't know, it just seems like his game for a lot of the reasons you guys already mentioned. It's like it's so course dependent on like whether he's gonna play well, and it just seems like a lot of these courses gonna be tough for him.
Speaker 3: But the flip side of that too, though, is that his his strengths, he's not gonna like he's not dependent upon distance, He's not dependent upon overpowering.
Speaker 1: A golf course. Like, yeah, his his swing, his.
Speaker 3: Ball flight, his his irons, like those aren't gonna they're not spectacular, but they're also like he's not relying upon those to really make the noise.
Speaker 1: He's got.
Speaker 3: He's got the all around game. I think that favors him for another years to play well.
Speaker 2: Really no weakness outside of like he doesn't hit it far, but he hits a plenty far enough.
Speaker 4: I think he's not short, uh.
Speaker 3: I mean it did bother me that he he missed the faraway on seventeen. That was the one shot I think if you could ask him even even over those putts earlier in the day, like, I don't know, just missing that faaraway on seventeen, I feink that was how about the highbridy hit out.
Speaker 1: Of the good That was crazy to me that he the.
Speaker 2: Other big one was not bearing that birdie on thirteen.
Speaker 4: I mean, he just missed that.
Speaker 2: If he knocks that and it it takes a little bit of that that wind out of Jordan's sales. I mean he feels like he like got away with murder only losing one shot to Kucher there.
Speaker 1: Well that's tough too. Where I feel like he hit really good.
Speaker 3: I feel like the putts that didn't go in for him today were like high side, like he hit really good putts, they just didn't fall like other than like you know, instead of misreading it or whatnot, Like I feel like he struck really good.
Speaker 1: That's the other thing I don't mean to keep like banging on this guy. I mean, he'd like just had a career performance this week. But that's the other thing that keeps me from thinking that it's going to be a breakthrough is like with very very very rare one off exceptions, like if you just do any reading. I think Posnansky or someone wrote a really good piece about this a couple of years ago about how like there's no way to explain it other than just by saying, like when you get older, like hutting just goes away, and like you just can't like, yeah, there's no reason for it. There's no I mean, maybe it's your eyes, maybe it's your whatever and your nerves, like whatever it is, but like basically without exception, like it just goes away. And like you look at Phil, you look at like a lot of these guys, and it's where it's just it feels like, I mean, look at your boy westy Uh, it's another one. But it's like, yeah, but you never had it in the first place, that's true. But like you get to this point where like even Kocher, I mean remember a couple years ago when he led the Money List and he led like a bunch of other stuff. I mean, he was making everything and like obviously it ebbs and flows and whatever, but like it's just seems to me like another one that you know, it's just not gonna it's not gonna keep getting better for him. It doesn't feel like and you can catch lighting in a bottle in a week or whatever. But to be clear, I don't think we're predicting a breakout. Yeah, just he could be a one week thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, in my mind, he's got he's got at least he's got twenty major twenty good shots at majors left in him.
Speaker 2: You know, hey, when the PGA Tour eventually makes the players a major, he'll be a major winner.
Speaker 1: There you go. Also, speak Speak is just gonna win all the majors going forward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is this is a he's got three, he's going all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: It feels like he has six, but anyway, he's got five.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, that comment that Rory made about how you know, hey, Speak's got too, he's got to win too to get.
Speaker 1: To me exactly, I was thinking about that too, and all of.
Speaker 4: A sudden, Speaks here at twenty.
Speaker 1: Could get to him. In two weeks here at.
Speaker 2: Twenty three years old. He's got three legs down.
Speaker 3: How old is how old is the MG rib?
Speaker 1: He's like twenty eight, twenty eight something like that.
Speaker 3: Like did the Rib like miss his prime?
Speaker 1: That's one of my favorite takes.
Speaker 2: I think that's the scary thing is like it's only going to get better. That's the thing that there's only more and more young talent. We saw another college kid, an amateur twenty year old Sam Burns finished top ten this week at the Barbersol. Like it's just it's only going to get better.
Speaker 1: How about Canadian Spencer Levine? Yeah, that kid had some antent. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I really liked that kid.
Speaker 1: That was awesome.
Speaker 3: So going back, So all right, so you got speech one five majors. Oh, he's won the British.
Speaker 1: I was surprised skipped to the John Deere. It's disgusting skip the John. I could have been a sixth major today.
Speaker 2: It could have been.
Speaker 1: So it could have beat Bright.
Speaker 3: I mean, you think he wouldn't have enjoyed beating Bryson last week? What better way to prepare for it.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what, I think. This is a This is kind of a redemption for him, because he would have won at Saint Andrews had it not been for winning his his then third major or a major at the John Deere. He was tired, Like, I mean he he prepped right for this one and didn't play the deer and wins. I It's it's really interesting just him in general.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean he's the every like it's getting to the point where like I don't think he's he doesn't say all that much interesting stuff. I mean, he's obviously very measured and but I mean I think he's pretty honest about what he says, but he's he's still measured.
Speaker 3: He's like he's not self aware.
Speaker 1: Du Yeah, but every other circumstance around him just has like turns out to be fascinating in some way. Like just everything else that's going on is always always interesting. Like the thing at thirteen today was like what an interesting way to make both Novelo had a great take on Live from where he was like, he's basically like how good is novel? So good?
Speaker 3: Gosh, he should be like he should be the one in the booth with like nance, yes, there's no reason like so he was like, yeah, Griller and Speed were kind of they were like sailing into the eye of the storm and like and they just like they like steadied the ship and made it through like just but they had that that RNA rules official one too, where he was like walking through all the stuff that went into that ruling, like first you know, and breaking it down into phases like first taking that, you know, taking unplayable, then you know, back on the line of sight, and then kind of swooping around and getting out of the equipment truck stuff. And it's like just the thought process there and thinking through all that and staying in the moment and then.
Speaker 1: Not like getting in there and then trying to find it, like figuring out a number and figuring out the line and like no.
Speaker 3: Knowing that you're taking forever, yeah, exact and like he hit the shot and then sprinted back to the.
Speaker 1: Fairway because he was so like cognitiant of what was going on.
Speaker 2: So it's kind of crazy. I think he got so that the time didn't affect Coocher. He played great golf right after he played great golf.
Speaker 1: Go he did it did I don't think you can say that it didn't affect coachure your head. Here's my point. I think, I think here's affecting him it. Yeah, gave it.
Speaker 2: Gave Speeth twenty minutes to clear his head, like h like his when things go wrong on the golf course, like your heartbeat gets up and your mind starts to race and what he.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about the plots early, Like imagine being inside his head at that time, like everything he's thinking about his like we're choking this away. Oh my god, everybody as he so he hadn't, I would be the worst professional helfer in the world.
Speaker 2: He hadn't made a putt before that. Yeah, and then he makes that, he gets well, he gets the time to settle down and just reprieve. This is not I played a state AUM qualifier last year and I was five over par through twelve holes and I was like in disarray. We had a twenty five minute thunderstorm roll through and I played four or five under in the house to come in like third place. But like I got twenty minutesters to sit down and chill out, and like I went back out and I was a completely different golfer. So I kind of think speak got twenty minutes where he got to just get out of the situation he was in re you know, reconfigure himself and get back, And I mean, it's it's crazy that that.
Speaker 1: I mean, so.
Speaker 3: Another disappointment that I have with the media today besides NBC going to commercial break right in the middle of that whole thing that was very sad, unconscionable. Did such a good job the rest of the week, Yeah, they did. And then and then Johnny, like Johnny's saying that speech should have gone back to the tea. It's like that really doesn't make sense, Like he can he can hit it from there, like, man, like, just get it up there somewhere closed and.
Speaker 1: Then you're chipping instead of having to you know, like play the entire hole over again. But uh, some problem with the media.
Speaker 3: Nobody found the dude that he clanked it off his head.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about that.
Speaker 3: He dumb the hell out of that dude, Like and it just didn't you know, like that was just not even part of the story. Like that guy played a crucial role in major champions championship history.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did he get like at least an autographed glove like anything.
Speaker 3: If speed doesn't do nothing, if speed doesn't blow that dude's dome up. None of this happens to it.
Speaker 1: We are talking about couture being well, maybe not because it probably would have landed in like the dudes, and then he would have just wedged out and he would have made bogey probably anyways, Yeah, but he wouldn't have got the guys. Wait oh true?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, so that guy's dome is like that, like Speece should nake it right with that guy?
Speaker 1: Square that up or or girl. I don't know who was, but I think it was a guy.
Speaker 2: Do you think he deserved like one hundred thousand dollars?
Speaker 1: What do you think? I think that's hot? No, No, I just think he needs to acknowledge like the fact that this guy ate it in his victory, like a substantial if you had to put a percentage on it. Probably Yeah, that sounds about it right.
Speaker 3: I'm no, I'm serious, Like Sweeth got there, but like this is what pushed him over the pushed him over the hump.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: So who's the who's the Who's Golf's superstar? Is it Smith or Rory? Coming so long?
Speaker 1: I think it's how Tong Lee. How Tong Lee?
Speaker 3: There's two billion.
Speaker 1: People in China, like he could be I don't think it's how he could be a major superstar and like we don't even know it. Yeah, yeah, maybe.
Speaker 2: We'll say we'll say America, America, America's superstar, America in the British West West.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I don't know. I think one more. I think I think speed honestly, Like I think he wins at quil Hollow, and I think it's speed, like I think they're I think their neck and neck right now? Is that the cop out?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think you got to give a little bit of credit to Speed for being four or five years younger than Oh no, I'm.
Speaker 1: Way more in on Speed. But I think your question is kind of like the overall zeitgeist. Right, Well, so I think we need to go back.
Speaker 3: Are these two separating themselves completely from the pack?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess who else I thought that?
Speaker 1: But like that's the thing, like all changed so fast. I know, it felt like that's the thing for.
Speaker 3: All the same reasons that everybody's like, oh, Rory loves quill Hollow. Like what's to say that, like that doesn't favor DJ just as it's not more Yeah or Brooks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's my thing with DJ DJ is thirty three and he's got one major speaks twenty three and he's got three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh for sure. No.
Speaker 3: But but just like in general, like is the gap between Speed and Rory bigger than right, like the gap between the rest of those guys and then everybody else.
Speaker 2: So I wrote an article comparing h I compared kind of Rory and is who he is, Like he's got Tigers kind of like he's got his ability to just overpower and just make golf look so easy. You know, Speed doesn't make golf look easy necessarily, but but he does have he has like Tiger's kind of knack for getting it done. But so I compared Tiger to Jordan Michael Jordan, and I compared Rory to Dominique Wilkins. Dominique Wilkins seemingly had all the same tools as as Jordan, but you know, just he wasn't the guy that would just win no matter what with whatever game he had.
Speaker 3: A'm saying that Rory's gonna get fat later in his career.
Speaker 1: Again too, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think I don't like you'll play, but I kind of think it could speek be like Lebron James, like this eras guy he might not get to fourteen majors.
Speaker 1: But he might. That's good. I like that. I mean I could. I'll let me know where to sign up on that take.
Speaker 2: He does things a little differently than Tiger, but he's a he's a dominant player. Yes, that's another good parallel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how about the hair plugs? And then just I don't think he's going involved anymore. Maybe it's less stressed and the fact that it was just for men sponsoring. The graphic on the eighteenth pole should have been Roguain or like Propecia or something very just the dishonest male hair product game.
Speaker 1: I mean, so, I think we learned something from Rory this week though, right he battled. Yeah, we've been banging on him for not battling back, and he definitely did. I mean, I can't help but notice that, like every time he kind of like would get close to the lead or get back to you know, being relevant, he'd snipe on left, or he'd miss a put, or he'd do a lot of the things we've been talking about. You know, he makes a lot. He makes a shitload of birdies when he's eight back kind of thing.
Speaker 2: So Spieth played twelve holes four over today. Rory played his first five four over, so it's like we saw the worst of speed playing. Yeah, twelve holes, Like it's it's stretched out so much longer than when Rory.
Speaker 1: Rory plays you know, sideways really fast.
Speaker 3: R's you know, like variants is so much greater than Speace m hmm, just because of the way the way that his game is built.
Speaker 1: And everything like that. But I mean the way I you know, Rory coming.
Speaker 3: Out and wearing the yellow jersey, they just didn't sit well with me.
Speaker 1: It was gross.
Speaker 2: It's uh so let me ask you. It was Rory's yellow who had the worst look all week?
Speaker 3: Because there were a lot of Patrick on Thursday that was that was I don't think his career.
Speaker 1: Will ever recover from that. It was like it was like maroon pants and like a black shirt or something. Yeah, I'm kind of trying to balk out of my head. Not good pr of Northwestern, Yeah, big Chicago's Big ten teeth. It was not good. That was not good. I was way out. I know that people are kind of split, but it was way way out. On Jason Days Thursday, look, Jason Day essentially what the Open called women's shoes, which was a little ticicy.
Speaker 3: Jason is essentially like Russell Henley, but if Russell Henley got hot for like nine months like otherwise, their careers are like identical. So many had that take on Twitter day and I thought that was really true, Like Jason Days just another guy. So yeah, I don't mean that in any.
Speaker 1: Way I was. I was just going back to the Nike thing.
Speaker 2: So we're just gonna ignore like the six years Jason Day before the before the hot run where he was like, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: He was super good, like second in every major. Yeah, where everybody was like, this guy's he didn't win much.
Speaker 2: So yeah, he didn't win a ton, but this guy's the guy that should win more majors than he does.
Speaker 1: So I feel about Russell.
Speaker 2: When he got he got.
Speaker 3: Also, Emily's gonna bag He's going to bag a Master's at some point.
Speaker 1: I think so too.
Speaker 2: Russell Henley kind of got blown out to see this after this this weekend.
Speaker 1: Who who do you think? Who had the worst look?
Speaker 2: Oh? Stentson shirt today was read that was fad.
Speaker 1: It looked like that. It looked like that thing you know when you wear like like cotton golf shirts and they like the sweat stains haven't started yet, but like they've just started to. Like spot, It's almost like someone sprayed you with like a mister kind of thing that's legit what I thought would happened. I was like, oh my god, how hot is it in England right now? This is so weird.
Speaker 2: He does deserve like maybe a past because of everything getting stolen.
Speaker 1: Literally, so like who knows whose shirt that even was?
Speaker 2: I hated, uh, I hate his love Mark's blade collar with the vest that was like a kevlar That was awful. That was he looks like a SWAT team member.
Speaker 1: Here's a quest real quick. There was a lot. There was a lot of kevlar, but speaks, there was some good the look of the week. Yeah, it was a little more of Marty McFly than kevlar.
Speaker 2: Alright, so here.
Speaker 1: Here's my question about the blade collars.
Speaker 3: How has like a knife company not like now the Nike is allowing other sponsorships on their shirts, Like how is like Cutcoat knives or shun or I don't know, like one of the other yeah, Hankle knives. Like how how have none of them jumped on board with.
Speaker 1: Future sponsor and like you know or like you know, like that that company that was that was sponsoring Bubba like when he was putting with the Samurai sword.
Speaker 2: It seems like a natural synergy, right.
Speaker 1: You know have my favorite my favorite it like promos on Golf Channel, commercials on Golf Channel, or the PGS presidents you know, the one brand with brandal of McCord doing that weird saber. I think I forget what it's called. Someone will someone will remember what it's called.
Speaker 2: While you brought up the PGA Tour President's Cup commercial, I'm gonna just throw this out there that imagine dragons is this generation is nickelback?
Speaker 1: Who who's the golfer? And you imagine dragons is? Which golfer Ricky Ricky loves the Magan dragons he does, loves imagine dragons, Ricky Patrick loves Yeah. I think Patrick Reed is the imagined dragons of golfers. So who what performance undeniably successful? You know? Not everybody's cup of tea.
Speaker 2: Impressed you the most and disappointed you the most this week or weekend.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say someone other than speak. But like the way Speed played in the first two rounds, blew me away, like it was probably super boring to watch. If you're not like a rabid golf nut.
Speaker 3: But it was like when he played the first two rounds in Augustus.
Speaker 1: It was it was just every hole was like like the way his irons was just so awesome. It was like every hole he's just between twelve and eighteen feet in the fat part of the green with like a great look on every hole and he made you know, a third of them or whatever, and he just like was never in trouble. I think that was Saturday that he really like really did that. But other than outside of that, I probably couture. I mean, like that was awesome. It was cool to like, so it was cool. It was so cool to see, you know, like we are obviously as guilty or probably more guilty of this as anyone. But like when you kind of overanalyze everything going into the week and you look at the course and you're like, this should fit this person because of this, blah blah blah. Like the players have to think about that too, and they have to look at you know, they have to circle things on their schedule and say like, oh, this is a place where I should play really well. So Andy, like I know you literally said this in our last part it was like the two guys you're looking at are Speed and Coucher because like this course fits them so well, and like for somebody to like step up and actually execute when you know, when it's kind of laid out for them like that, like is always super impressive.
Speaker 3: I think I'm gonna say, I'm gonna go with a non golfer. Oh, Bones was great, He's so good. Yeah, just really pleased with the way that he performed and his two.
Speaker 1: Picks Speak and Leishman both in the top five for top six, I think, yeah, I'm gonna say disciplined and you can venmo me for the Leashman thing.
Speaker 2: Just whenever I'll send that.
Speaker 3: Elishman's got to be. I think he's like guaranteed to get to Eastlake now. That was the goal at the beginning of the season. So awesome, biggest disappointment for me. And this is kind of going to be, you know a little bit a little bit tongue in cheek, I guess, but Paul Casey guy shot sixty six seventy seven, sixty seven sixty seven, played his ass off, but like he just I feel like that's happened in a few majors now where you know, you probably got the rough end of the draw on Friday too, but you just can't. You got to keep it between the mannaise and the mustard because he played so freaking well. Otherwise I'm gonna go that's seventy two.
Speaker 2: He's right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My biggest disappointment the performance I was disappointed in the most is again also going to be a non golfer. That's gonna be the weather I was expecting, Like that was a disgrace. You get up at three am to watch dudes just get vaporized and that never really happened. So that was a bummer. Nothing anybody can do about it. But that was the biggest disappointment for me, which I guess means it's probably a pretty good week.
Speaker 3: And then one other disappointment for me was when Spieth just act like he bounces it through the rough on number one today and it's just incredulous. Yeah, that incredulous. They didn't come back out in the fairway like to me, that was the biggest disappointment for me was the fact that A you could even have that expectation, like I felt like they could have grown the rough up. There was no penalty for missing the fairway in a lot of spots where if you were five ten yards off the fairway, like it really wasn't It wasn't a big penalty at all. It was flat in certain spots, and just I felt like the rough was longer when we played there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were in March. It seemed like a ton of guys who were missing missing fairways and then just you know, hitting it to fifteen feet like yeah, just hitting it out of that kind of like clumpy wispy stuff, Like the ball settles in a pretty good spot and it just doesn't really grab you too bad.
Speaker 2: You know what it was what they had proper amount of.
Speaker 1: With angles with Yeah, yeah, no, I'm arguing that they had too much.
Speaker 2: With Man, it's the wrong pod to be arguing that on.
Speaker 1: I'll most impressive, least impressive, so.
Speaker 2: Most impressive obviously speak and drama. I'll go off the off the rails here a little bit. I'm gonna go with my boy Xander. Yeah really, I mean first first Open, first US Open earlier. I mean, this guy's got a win, and he's got top five in the US Open, another top twenty at a major, really impressive rookie. It just it's so I I'm in on the the Xander train for Rookie of the Year, even though I guess it's whoever finished his highest in the FedEx Cup, which is kind of bogus, dishonest. Yeah, he should have it locked up now, just strictly based off a major performances, since that's really what we judge golfers on.
Speaker 4: And then biggest disappointment Ian Poulter. Yeah that's where do you finish fourteenth?
Speaker 2: But you know, I just I wanted him around. I wanted him this pumping. I wanted I want some you know, really, I wanted a European foil to the couture and speak show a little disappointed in the weekend Koepka put together too.
Speaker 3: You really can't call Poulter a disappointment though. I mean, it's not like he folded one day sixty seven seventy seventy one seventy, like the week's pretty steady.
Speaker 2: Seventy seventy was like five over on.
Speaker 4: The we weekend this weekend.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 2: I think we got to talk about Brandon Grace of sixty two.
Speaker 3: Can we talk about rom real quick?
Speaker 1: Yeah? All right, So I like nobody is.
Speaker 3: I shouldn't be in the dark on this, Like people are just keeping this from me. What did he do on on Saturdays? She had a total meltdown, like was he breaking clubs.
Speaker 1: Over his knees? They had a fist fight with Kevin?
Speaker 3: Not really, but they just think totally scraped.
Speaker 1: Very unconfirmed. Uh No, I don't know. I know that he was running hot and broke a club as though I know. God, he's a psycho. I love it.
Speaker 2: It seems like you just get psychotic about Putts, like when Putts don't go in, he just it just he's like a volcano.
Speaker 3: Well, so here's my thing with that rules violation? Why why is he doing landscaping work.
Speaker 1: In general? If yeah, like like apart from his ball like that just I think didn't it if I probably misremembory, but didn't he wasn't he in a bunker? Wasn't the whole like leaving it in a bunker and like moving sand like No, that was different.
Speaker 2: No, it was like a he like uprooted a piece of grass or something, and it was later later determined it didn't affect his lie.
Speaker 1: So I guess he was a million shots back who cares.
Speaker 2: Yes, but Brandon Grace, Johnny goes down lowest round in major championship history.
Speaker 1: I uh, I'm out on that. I'm in on it. I mean, you know, it's it is, It is what it is. To quote the cat, but totally I would be lying if I said I wasn't really disappointed for Johnny. I love Johnny and I love like that that was his thing. I mean, it still kind of is his thing.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, Johnny did it in the final round of a US Open at Oakmont, right, I mean, and I know you've been harping on this a week, but like, how many dudes broke PARR that day?
Speaker 2: I think it was forty five of seventy seven on the day Grace, on.
Speaker 1: The day that Johnny did, oh four four guys broke par Johnny Miller shoots sixty three in the final round and wins forty four.
Speaker 2: Forty four guys broke par on Saturday.
Speaker 3: It's disgusting and it was a par seventy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's uh.
Speaker 3: I mean, so the fact that Grace didn't know that was that's kind of sweet to me.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: Maddy was telling me earlier this week. He was like he was like dude, Grace is a guy to watch out four this week. In his little Australian.
Speaker 1: Accent, Mattie is nobody knows who Maddy is.
Speaker 3: Matt Leishman's caddy is my neighbor. He was like, he was like, yeah, man, Gracie, he's just that guy.
Speaker 1: He's fearless. He's fearless. He doesn't give a shit. He just doesn't. He doesn't care at all.
Speaker 3: He's just not even about records. Yeah, evidently not. He called that one. I mean, I think what's getting lost in the shuffle here is can do sixty five though, that's that's what everything should be judged against, like the rest of golf history.
Speaker 1: Best that round.
Speaker 2: As I sent a tweet last night and people are attacking me about you know, I'm doing it for Johnny, but in reality, like the round it was, it was, it's the low The problem is the record. It's the lowest score and major championship history, but it gets interpreted as the greatest.
Speaker 1: Round, right, Yeah, those are two very different things.
Speaker 2: And it's so different, Like I'm fine with it being the lowest round, but what people will always associate it with is like the lowest So it's the greatest round.
Speaker 1: So here's the question, is it does it mean less now?
Speaker 3: Like if a guy let's say, you guys shoot sixty two at quil Hollow or let's say a guy shoot sixty two in the US Open. Not it's not gonna happen at Shinnecock, But like you know, in the coming years, is that totally cheapened and totally lessened.
Speaker 2: I think it's just lost this mystique because I mean, if it goes that's the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like the bubble kind of burst and it like it'll be just as cool if somebody else does it. But it's like the sheen is kind of worn off of it now.
Speaker 2: Ny Johnny and his constant reminders made that record.
Speaker 1: What it was for sure exactly. Yeah, it feels like we lost something this week. It is.
Speaker 2: It is kind of sad.
Speaker 1: I know it's.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna miss the well.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's going anywhere. Like I think he's still gonna like it's not gonna take any sheen off of it for Johnny. I think Johnny is totally unaffected by this.
Speaker 1: And to be fair, I know we were talking about this on the text, but Johnny was very cool about the whole thing. Yeah, yeah, everybody was. Everybody sets him up to be the curmudgeon who's like, come on, hey say something so we can get about how about how crusty you are? But like he was cool about it.
Speaker 2: All he said was it was set up really.
Speaker 1: Easy, and which it was. Yes, it's a fact.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Scott hend shot sixty five and uh, this other guy Norris what was his first name, Chuck? Yeah, you know when Scott hend and and uh Scott and Chuck Norris here there shoot sixty five with you, it kind of tintends the sixty two.
Speaker 3: And then how tong Lee starts bucking his head the next day?
Speaker 1: Yeah, how about that today?
Speaker 3: That I will say to him, he said charismatic.
Speaker 1: He totally is. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like how Tongue a lot. He's won five times, granted four of them ration to our whites. But yeah, he's only twenty one.
Speaker 3: I think I think they're coming, man, they're coming.
Speaker 1: You got to see wou big woo woo big.
Speaker 3: No, just the like the the Chinese.
Speaker 4: Didn't, they don't golf, didn't.
Speaker 2: They just like cracked down on it like it's a band in the country and they just yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got, they got numbers man the volume scores. H you know what I love about the big woo woo. By the way, By the way, I understand that he's not from China. I don't know to who brought about, but uh, that dude is just feast or famine. I love it. He is like in the mixer, he's just miles away. He's like turn into the Asian Scott Stallings, you.
Speaker 2: Know, you know who he's kind of like is like film.
Speaker 1: Wait, Scott Stelling's making it read this this week.
Speaker 3: He's the Asian man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it might be.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking he's more like Phil old Phil, where he doesn't care about contending. All he cares about is winning.
Speaker 3: I missed the old Phil.
Speaker 1: Now Phil's post winning.
Speaker 2: Can we talk about Phil?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 2: Can we just talk about his choice to not put a driver in the bag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: So he's playing one an eleven or twelve degree like two pulse wood now hot hot hot, the block is hot.
Speaker 1: I think it may have been the franken Wood.
Speaker 2: The frank is the franken Wood.
Speaker 1: You should have the style and you're in with big Calaway and.
Speaker 2: Two three irons equipment.
Speaker 1: CAW, I just trust their stuff implicitly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he carried two three irons.
Speaker 1: It did not go well.
Speaker 4: He averaged two sixty eight off the t the first.
Speaker 1: Oh, that was my favorite thing. You should run that rundown. Do you remember this? That's like zb I know you mentioned it on the on the xpanation thing with Big four.
Speaker 4: At sixty eight off the t.
Speaker 2: Of the fairways.
Speaker 1: But like it was like who else was in the leagues.
Speaker 2: They were all above to ninety.
Speaker 1: In the first round, I think, and then Phil.
Speaker 2: He got he was being out driven by like Paul Blow, Paul Broadhurst, I mean everybody.
Speaker 1: Richard Bland by the way he was probably then he would low Bland over Adam Bland. Did you have that low Bland? I didn't get an on that action is not offering? Yeah it was. It's uh so we getting so overrated? Underrated dude? We question Yeah, great ship man, great ship.
Speaker 2: I gotta get into him. Hold on second, I think, uh you know, poor big poor ath Uh wanted I wanted a question straight to you, Tron just about Cooch. I think we've kind of answered it, but he said, did him losing today?
Speaker 4: Sway you?
Speaker 2: And if so, isn't that why these pros play the game.
Speaker 1: I'm all in.
Speaker 3: I mean, I was gonna be in on him regardless. I think just because of the way he played, the process was solid. The result was whatever. But but yeah, I mean he it was a I don't believe in moral victories, but I think Kusha was the real winner today.
Speaker 1: Strong, strong statement.
Speaker 2: All right, if you can grant a major win next year to any we're gonna take amateur out of this, any pro to a player to qualify, who.
Speaker 4: Would you choose?
Speaker 1: Do they have to already be qualified? Any pro to win any major next year?
Speaker 4: Who would it be?
Speaker 2: And this is from Justin who It's.
Speaker 1: A good question, hands down? I got yet Monty, Oh that's so much better than But I mean, like mine's obvious. But Phil, if he was open, like that's Monty beats Phil would watch.
Speaker 2: I'm going with Ernie at the Masters, just so so he evens his major total with Phil, And there's no debate who the greatest of the second greatest of the generation was.
Speaker 1: You'll be so vindicated, all right, So throw throw up Phil. That's an obvious one. Like who, I mean, I'm trying to think who else? Maybe a big cat I didn't know we were still talking about big Van developed at cards.
Speaker 3: Wow, they should give him an exemption.
Speaker 1: They should be awesome, especially now that he's on the senior circuit. Yeah, I mean that's a great question. Yeah, I think Monty Monty should have It's only right.
Speaker 3: The ball striker's paradise.
Speaker 1: Is he How does it work? Does he? Do you have to win this year's US Senior Open to get into the next Yeah? Fortunately, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Well he could local.
Speaker 2: He trying to gets into sectionals. Jay Rigdon wants to know who gets the five majors first speak or Rory.
Speaker 1: Speak Speed? Oh, what do you think people? People are fleeing? Yeah, actually got five four four? He needs speak?
Speaker 3: Got five those.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Majors?
Speaker 2: Sands the fifth major?
Speaker 1: Al right, Ah, they should make the travelers.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm gonna I'm gonna I'm gonna reverse that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go make I'm gonna stay with speed, all right.
Speaker 2: Keith Mitchell, friend of the pod.
Speaker 1: By the way, Speech is kind of a friend of the pod. Remember you chirped him at dinner and you inspired all this good play.
Speaker 2: He was intimidated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really like he's really kind of steadied himself. It's great, great to see.
Speaker 2: So Keith Mitchell wants to know more entertaining watching Tiger dominate with insane fist pumps from Thursday through Sunday or speak up and down emotions and spastic play.
Speaker 1: I would love to say I would love to take the hipster raut and say that Speef is somehow more entertaining, But there's like, there's no way, it's Tiger all day.
Speaker 3: So how many times like we had the one master, we had a couple of masters that were when was back and forth with DeMarco and then hanging on the lip like he had a he had a couple. But for the most part, like Tiger just like straight up right away with stuff where I would say, I think Tiger was like the big budget.
Speaker 2: And Phil, Phil wasn't in the picture. Phil, Yeah, yeah, Phil, Phil just cowered. He was out of the picture. At least Ernie put up a front.
Speaker 3: Tiger was like the He's like the Michael Bay like mid mid to late nineties action click like con Air, the rock face off.
Speaker 1: Just adrenaline.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like awesome entertaining, but like did he do it on like kind of just pumped up courses that like were almost built, like almost tailored to favor him even more.
Speaker 1: Versus versus speaks like that Chris Nolan's style exactly. That was that was gonna be my poll or like a maybe a David o' russell, like a.
Speaker 3: Kind of like a low budget or it wouldn't really go with a Chris Nolan, think like like a lower budget drama.
Speaker 2: What about what about an a M Night Shyamalan where you where you wonder how what just happened happened?
Speaker 1: I could also I mean, god forbid, I don't want to see this happen. But if he if he got into a late funk, he can he could really mirror m Night Shamalin's career. I almost started out with a huge bang. Yeah, he's the biggest thing in the world, and then he just disappeared. Well, so think about it this way, make rip getting him.
Speaker 3: It's been involved in how many majors he's been involved in? Yeah, vaporized by Bubba. Nobody was beating Bubba that day he won the US Open, which was freaking off. Yeah, so entertaining the masters that he won melts it down and speace winds are more like triumphs of the human spirit and then like the Tigers sat Andrew's like that was entertaining. Today was awesome, Like I feel like, thank for your buck, You're getting more out of for.
Speaker 1: Sure, because Tiger had fourteen opportunities.
Speaker 2: So maybe it's Tiger. There was nobody ever really had a chance against Tiger, But Steve could be the same way. But it appears that everybody has a chance because of the way he plays, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like people think he might stink, but he's still going to beat the hell out of you.
Speaker 2: One guy on this pid things.
Speaker 1: He might stink, I'm not closing the door. He's a generational player. I've always said that I think we should talk about the fact that we might be the post pop era. Today was a good indicator of that. Bert Bertdall was totally post pop, yeah, which I kind of respected that, but I thought they could have made it more post pop if they would have grown them rough up a little bit more.
Speaker 2: On the sides, we're going to go into a massive pop of course at Quail Holla.
Speaker 1: All the pop, Yeah, too much pop in my opinion, maybe too much pop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's what about what about Brooks Kopka?
Speaker 1: Too much pop?
Speaker 2: Too much pop? Where are we looking at what we've got?
Speaker 1: Damn how solid has that guy been?
Speaker 2: Like his average Major finishes sixth, And I imagine he's going to play well at Quail Holla.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got to be like I mean, speF Is. You know, Speed is rapidly cementing his place as the best player in the world again. But like Kapa has got to be right there on like the betting favorite. To Quill Hollow, I think he's the killing it's got to be. It's got to be like speak, Dustin and Brooks've all got to be pretty similar, feel the favorite. No you think I think Speed is gonna be the favorite.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you who I like it, Quill Hollow.
Speaker 1: I think he's had enough time now to kind of tiger steady himself and get back into the main things. Sergio, I was man, Sergio's up there in my disappoint disappointment list this week. I'm gonna give Sergio. I guess he's just playing with pass money. He can kind of do whatever he wants, all right.
Speaker 2: From car for the courf Is Coocher becoming American west.
Speaker 3: Now Westy is such a good ball striker. Coach's ball shrinkings sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, I don't think it's that specific. I don't think the question is really about like the specific characteristics. I think it's kind of a holistic. Look.
Speaker 3: He doesn't have runner up finishes in major though.
Speaker 1: He's started to get there there, started to piece them together. He started to be that No, I think I don't know if I guess he had a lot of like top fives. I feel like a couple. Yeah, but it's kind of got was he ever really like? I don't think they're like this was the first time that there was legitimate heartbreak, yeah, whereas with Westy it was like time time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so many short There's like a montage of west in the Hunt.
Speaker 1: To the right. So if it's not Coocher, who is the American Westwood.
Speaker 2: Just I'm an announce im make an announcement. Oh no, I'm at that of the year selling my house on Westwood Island.
Speaker 1: I think that's a smart move. I would, I would, honestly, I would try to get out sooner than that. I'm hanging in one of these late umer tsunamis and you're gonna just wipe all your ship out. Global warming this absolutely, but I was so.
Speaker 2: Disappointed in him.
Speaker 1: This week he's got just boat raced by Leishman Todayishman ship, I mean Leishman.
Speaker 3: It should have been right there in the mix, just like Casey had one, you know, one bad nine.
Speaker 1: I think. So who is the American West? Yeah, that's what I'm thinking about. I mean, Phil's got some tendencies to be American Westy.
Speaker 2: He's one, though, It's gotta be somebody that hasn't won.
Speaker 1: He'd be uh oh man. Ricky's got some American West. Forgotten man's quickly becoming the forgotten man.
Speaker 4: Let's let's talk about.
Speaker 3: I was just I don't I don't I wish I thought this course quite well for Ricky. He loves playing the links golf obviously, I mean that's well for him too.
Speaker 1: But I just.
Speaker 3: Ricky needs to shugar get off the pod here soon because otherwise it's gonna like the the chorus is going to get really freaking loud as far as just this guy can't get it done, Big Randy's going to start chirping him like crazy.
Speaker 1: The weird thing, though, is that the more I don't think it would be, I don't know that it would be like I don't know what I'm trying to say. I don't know that the chorus gets loud as much as it just it's kind of a it's more true or the world the world ends with a you know, not with a bang, but a whimper kind of thing. I think he just kind of fades into the background, and a lot of this stuff is like.
Speaker 3: But Ricky's got so much self belief, like, you know, that's why I'm I'm I like Ricky. I'm I'm shocked that I'm shocked that he hasn't won one yet. But I think it just comes down to it's really freaking hard to win a major.
Speaker 2: I think what about Steve Stricker. I guess he didn't really have any chances, not.
Speaker 1: In majors really anyways, all Right, you.
Speaker 4: Know who could be one?
Speaker 1: JB.
Speaker 2: Holmes.
Speaker 1: That's a bad take, Like he literally stinks.
Speaker 2: Literally stink because he doesn't wear deodorant. Here's a good one from Ryan Leech veggas threat to steal the PGA. That's like a mediocre American A Lah, Jimmy Walker, Kegan Bradley.
Speaker 1: I think I saw this question. Didn't he mention Bill Hass?
Speaker 2: He didn't mention Bill Hass I don't think Bill hass is mediocre though, No, it's really it.
Speaker 1: Bill Haas is one on Formula one tracks. You know who could win a Quill Hollow? Dan Berger dB? Yeah, bidman could see it?
Speaker 2: Who gets the major first? dB? Straight Vibean or j t.
Speaker 1: Oh. That's a good question.
Speaker 3: This could be like a great I think quil Hollow could be a great litmus test.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or the young up and comers. Who gets a major first? dB? Or Patrick Reed?
Speaker 2: dB?
Speaker 1: Does Patrick Reed win major? Oh? I love it? That's I love it.
Speaker 2: What do you guys think.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I mean, I guess I think I'm with you. I mean, I think I don't know. He feels like he's right on that, right on the line. Neither neither would surprise me. Yeah, exactly, but based on what we've seen so far, I guess I would say no. But I mean he also wanted like to raw, which is like feels very major, like like golf course. No. I mean, you know, it's I'm saying that he has one at like big events and firm and fast events and like stuff like that.
Speaker 3: I think at some point he's going to steal a PGA where they set up all the pends on the left side of the rings.
Speaker 1: Overrated, underrated pin sheets. That was a good one, I thought on.
Speaker 2: There, Oh yeah, it's from Porter. Well it depends, I guess. I guess I was. I got wrapped up in a debate about whether, yeah, a player that hits yeah a left or right ballflight is more suited to hit more shots close to right pins.
Speaker 4: No, it was a question.
Speaker 2: But I but I think pin sheets. There's nothing I dislike more than a tweet about pin sheets without any context whatsoever.
Speaker 1: The pincheets, I feel like the only time it's okay is that Augusta where people know a lot of the greens and know like a lot of that stuff.
Speaker 3: I think you're older restmating, like just how smart people are? I think even like they have the Masters every year Augusta. People watch the telecast every year, and like, I would imagine that seven out of ten people that watched the Masters every year couldn't tell you shit about certain greens.
Speaker 1: It's probably nine and a half out of ten people, which is a disgrace.
Speaker 2: Pin sheets for players are underrated, but for viewers extremely overrated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would agree with that. How did you feel about.
Speaker 3: The failed acknowledgment of the Frida Egg that Couch had on eighteen, and that was disheartening.
Speaker 2: I think Tommy Roy got in their ear and said, we got to keep Frida Egg off this telecast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, make you pay for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Next thing you know, I've got a Golf channel UH salesperson in my uh in my inbox saying hey, we'd.
Speaker 1: Like to buy an ad.
Speaker 2: We'd like you to buy the rights to the term the Frida Egg of fried eggs and bunkers.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about data golf though I dated golf? He or she is totally taking up space in your head, your brain.
Speaker 2: All right, we're gonna move on to overrated under here.
Speaker 3: I think that's right here, quick, quick subject change. If you didn't see it, go back and look at the dag and forth data golf, which I think is brycing and uh andy today it was epic.
Speaker 2: So hy Draws sent us a couple overrated, underrated. Let's let's bang these out, all right. The Open Championship.
Speaker 1: Under it, so underrated, the best best golf turna in the world. Underrated. Overrated, he's so underrated he's now becoming over I think he's overrated.
Speaker 2: Greller, Michael is.
Speaker 3: Such an alpha uh underrated man. I mean, he's getting dapped up from all directions right now.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: But like, man, you don't see JP doing that ship with Rory.
Speaker 2: Well, JP stile the show this week. He said, you're Roychaelroy.
Speaker 4: He turned that ship around.
Speaker 1: Here's what I'll say about Greller is that, like I think, whether he is the best caddy in the world or not, or the most average caddy in the world is irrelevant psychology. All all that matters is like how Speef looks at him, and how Speed listens to him and all that stuff, and like, yeah, like listening to Speed afterwards knows how to temperature kicking out the specifics of like what Griller said, like the impact that that has is makes him massively underrated. I don't even know what that means. I don't know why you keep saying this.
Speaker 2: Okay, with else, we've got shooting Shooting sixty two. We already talked about that overrated, Birkedale underrated.
Speaker 1: Loved it. The Green at seventeen was so good. I loved watching shots coming today And how mean was the bunkering at Birkedale.
Speaker 4: It's great, not overdone.
Speaker 2: No eminently fair course, tiny bunkers that have tiny maintenance budgets but are properly.
Speaker 3: All off and all the little nooks and crannies off those greens.
Speaker 1: I love that, like the fifty to fifty balls that like you get him running up by the green and they could either go in or stay out. It's like, it's so cool.
Speaker 2: Here's what here's a good overrated underrated from andy Ka.
Speaker 4: Bunker cams.
Speaker 1: Overrated, M I think overrated. I think once you've seen one, you're kind of somebody just like swiping violently. It was cool. I mean they pointed out a couple of times, like just seeing like how open some of the faces are and that kind stuff. That was kind of cool. But once you've seen it on the Great the Bunker Can in seventeen, the shade that rich Lerner and the whole crew through a j C after he did that, though, that was underrated, that was awesome. It was like shades of Joe Buck when he rich Lerner's Twitter game overrated, underrated. I don't know if I followed it. You did to get involved, he died to get involved. Very literary rap.
Speaker 2: Let's go, I gotta I gotta find one in here out here. It is from clan Overrated, Underrated golf Twitter.
Speaker 3: The way overrated, so overrated, overrated except for the fonds under.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go way overrated, way over it.
Speaker 2: There's no context.
Speaker 1: Everything's the worst.
Speaker 2: It's just like who can yell the loudest.
Speaker 1: To do it? I still like I'm deep in it during a major Saturday Sunday. Yeah, during during a major, it's fun like actually that's peak. Like Thursday, Thursday at the Open at like four a m. Is peak golf Twitter like good, like the best. Yeah, all the pretenders are gone. You just get loose. Everyone's delirious. That's that's fun, all right. I say, uh, Andy, you need to be better prepared.
Speaker 3: It's like you went to the grocery or something and met with the band before you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's prepping for.
Speaker 2: His wedding, spending spending a couple of days in New York I was, and then watching all the Open the last two days of kind of tied to doing some things all right. Overrated, underrated, important of shaping shots both ways on Championship Sunday, being able to underrated.
Speaker 1: I think underrated. Man, you had a very prescient tweet, Andy, I know it started the war with big data, but uh, the whole thing about you know, Coucher moving it left to right, basically only left to right, like I think you're your line was like front and eye and Page favors Couture back nine favorite speed based on where these pins are. I guess I'm not really saying like I guess that kind of says neither really worked it both ways, but like I don't, I don't know what I'm works both ways.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was more more of the set. It probably came out the wrong way. It was more saying like Couture better take advantage of the front nine because he only had three opportunities on the back nine where the pins were an advantageous spots for him.
Speaker 1: So here's the thing, Well, that made sense. Like one of those holes like where he came up short. I don't know if it was, I don't know if it was.
Speaker 3: Maybe like I don't know, he he won that, maybe came up four or five yards short, and it was like basically he just didn't with the way the wind was coming, he didn't have a.
Speaker 1: Way to get seventeen I think seventeen h That was you know, it was like that was that for me?
Speaker 3: It was like all right, yeah, well a physically couldn't get to that green.
Speaker 4: Eighteen was a perfect example.
Speaker 2: He went hunting for a left flag and he pulled it and hid into the bunker or didn't turn back like you know, like you can't. That's that's a hard thing. You can't press when you can't.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 2: The beauty of Speak's game is he can just aim right at the center of every green out there and just move it one way or the other. If it doesn't move, he's right in the middle of the green. He's got twenty feet you know, and then he makes the putt. If it moves, he's he's four feet away and he makes a putt. So for speed that I mean, that's the underrated thing about what he does so well is he just hits it to centers of greens and limits the risk. And that's where he gets all of his up and downs from.
Speaker 4: So, do you guys have any of these you want to go through?
Speaker 1: Hold on, you get a producer hasn't put him in front of us yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got one or two more that you want to Yeah, I'll throw.
Speaker 4: One out here.
Speaker 1: I saw I saw a good one. Overrated, underrated, pot Bunkers.
Speaker 3: Underge.
Speaker 1: I would say way.
Speaker 2: Underrated, way overrated when Robert Trent Jones does, Oh why is that? They just don't look good. They'll put them in like, you have to have the right kind of aesthetics to do them. You can't just PLoP pot Bunkers onto course in Chicago, and they won't.
Speaker 4: They aren't gonna look.
Speaker 1: Good, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have to be done right, and yeah in the right setting.
Speaker 1: They're overrated, underrated. Driving Irons underrated.
Speaker 3: After I played and.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, this is a bit of it, this one really really hits home here. Andy's deep in the Driving Iron game. Tron is very lustful of it.
Speaker 3: That's the that's the one element of my of my bag that's currently missing.
Speaker 1: That's the only one I've got all the other tools.
Speaker 2: It's too bad Big Calaway discontinued. They're Driving Iron.
Speaker 3: That's it's back ordered right now.
Speaker 1: I need it. Maybe I need that apex. I got one from Will bard Well. I was just gonna say these ones overrated, underrated.
Speaker 3: Rory McElroy overrated, I'm gonna say properly rated.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say misunderstood, all right, the idea of moving the PGA Championship to May.
Speaker 3: Where so basically this would have been the last Hurrah, Glory's last shot. The British Oakland.
Speaker 2: Overrated because because of the venues, So like, Okayhill, I don't like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't like that. It that it takes away a lot of the Northeast stuff, and like or not even takes it away. It just kind of makes it really dicey.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you why, because they're gonna move a major to Scottsdale, Arizona, which is the most overrated. There's not a good golf.
Speaker 1: Course there, the bad Little nine and generally there's better golf course for Box seems like a decent I don't think they're interested. I don't think they're returning to Pj's cause.
Speaker 3: I thought we were talking about scott saland in general not not not potential major.
Speaker 2: I'm saying for like a major championship, not a good golf course. They're just the best golf courses for majors are all north.
Speaker 1: I so I would love if they moved to May and they just get more West coast courses involved. Literally, like legit, what was the last PGA that was west of the Mississippi River.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't even know.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be in Saint Louis Holly.
Speaker 1: So that's what. Yeah, that's what I was thinking, which is what the problem is there a Chicago's what.
Speaker 4: What venue out there? Is a good major like Riviera.
Speaker 2: L a CC.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what I'd love to see. It is a PJA going to Harding Park. Yeah right, Harding Parks. I love Harding Parks. Just a it's like just a baton death March of Long par Four's no, it's short.
Speaker 4: The Pacific Northwest is just covered with shrubs.
Speaker 1: What all right?
Speaker 3: I would like to see a major or just a just a pro event, not a major pro event. Even if it was web dot Com at Postpo, that'd be cool. It's like sixty six hundred yards and just turn the greens up to like a million Bajillian.
Speaker 1: Get Steph Curry out there.
Speaker 3: Sponsored example, and people would watch, you know, you narrow the fairways down a little bit.
Speaker 1: Would watch. I'm alright, what else we got?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: I like this American mediocrity. Take who else is in that in that category? I feel like the I feel like the worst case scenario for the PGA would be like Brendan Steele, he drives the.
Speaker 1: Ball really well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Harris English.
Speaker 1: I like Harris English.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Harris English is too big to fail.
Speaker 1: Oh it's a good one. We haven't even talked about him yet. Overrated, underrated Grayson Murray your winner today at the Barbie.
Speaker 4: He's underrated.
Speaker 1: I think he's super under he's pretty, he's super good.
Speaker 2: I was like, so in I watched Grace and play in Columbus last year, and you know, I didn't talk to him. I watched him play eighteen and I walked out of there like, oh my god, this guy's unbelievably talent. I was like, this guy's gonna be really good. And then he fired up a Twitter account and I got so out on him.
Speaker 1: Overrated, Underrated Dan Hicks play so underrated. I love Dan Hicks.
Speaker 3: All right, So the second part of that question, do we feel that Trico is being underutilized?
Speaker 1: I mean it's hard to say it's under yours. He's got so much other shake going on, Like we'll just say just the yeah. I mean like in a perfect world, like yeah, he'd do more golf stuff. But like I mean he's doing the World Cup in Wimbledon and Monday night football, and I mean he's just so busy, Like I just don't think he could like physically do more stuff. He's so good when he's on. I absolutely loved it. The covers was awesome this week. It was so good.
Speaker 2: They showed so much golf. There's another one do here? The fly in commercials. I think they're better for the sponsor.
Speaker 1: I think the channel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I actually like watch and I catch more to the commercial than just putting my head down and doing something else.
Speaker 1: Yea, let's see here. This is a good one.
Speaker 3: I know that you need to liberate Terry Gannon from Nick Faldo.
Speaker 1: Though he's so good.
Speaker 3: It's not about him, it's just, yeah, just get him away.
Speaker 1: From Faldo, just because I know this one. It speaks to Tron's soul. You can win one opposite field event. Is your only PGA Tour victory? Is it Barbersol or Barricude. It's a no brainer. Rino Taho, that's shout.
Speaker 4: What about what they forgot one major? They forgot one?
Speaker 2: Puerto Rico.
Speaker 1: Oh, Puerto Rico is good too, Yeah, but Puerto Rico, you you win that you got to worry about your your winners.
Speaker 3: Check getting getting like nationalized or getting.
Speaker 1: Getting repatriated. Basically what do they call.
Speaker 3: It, getting garnished by those you know, private equity firms that's basically bought up all the debt, bought up all the Puerto Rico's debt bonds. It's a bond crisis down there.
Speaker 1: So I'm not you know what, like I got trying to get involved in any of that. Yeah, I'll ask chess And about this because he's he's a he's a past Puerto Rico chan, right, But Puerto Rico Open has the best runners up list on tour, maybe maybe of any tournament in the history of beef Ischikawa Rio Prio, John Kerrn. Ye ah, remember is Chikawa.
Speaker 4: I didn't Fino finished runner or you want it?
Speaker 1: You want it?
Speaker 3: The big tabernat shout out to the big tabernacle.
Speaker 1: Can get showing this wing? Great?
Speaker 6: Hey, camp he could be he could be making some noise at qui hollo, Yeah, Fina, All right, what else we got any think?
Speaker 1: That's that's all. I had pretty much shut it down. Andy, what's your lasting memory of this week? And to be uh, it feels weird that it's not the eagle putt on fifteen, but I don't really don't think it is or whatever reason.
Speaker 2: I think it's uh, it's probably uh that chippen he had when it was pouring rain and round two. Yeah, for par that he was going to make like a double. It looked like, I mean, he was just making a complete mess of the hole and the rain was just like at like the all time high and he chips in for.
Speaker 1: Par trunk.
Speaker 3: Uh speep weaving his way through the equipment trucks.
Speaker 1: That was surreal, man was It was even better when they showed like the packaged thing later and they kind of could just like hit the highlights of like all the different places he was in. But yeah, probably the shot on fourteen, like almost holy a t. Shot on fourteen was when you're or actually that kind of combined with like after he made the putt, Like his face after he made the putt was like nuclear and it was just like he was like there's no way he was going to lose. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think the thing that's not going to be the big takeaway from me in the week was justin Thomas wearing a tie on Thursday.
Speaker 1: It was great for my Twitter engagement. That's about it. You know, I'm coming into it. He try different stuff, that's cool. I'm fine with him doing it.
Speaker 3: I'm just tired of like everybody talking about it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: You know what bout me is Nobody credited Ryan Moore.
Speaker 1: With the look exactly. It's not like he's you know, or or Bobby Jones. I mean really, if anything.
Speaker 3: DJ his outfits had more of a nod towards history than anybody's.
Speaker 2: You know, hey, let me ask you a question, Tron. Is DJ still the greatest player who's ever lived?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, That's not like I don't think that's It's not anything that's going to change because he has he contended in a major recently.
Speaker 1: You don't think that over that last five hole stretch today was speak bucking his head as the greatest player of all time over over a five hole stretch. What about Here's what I was saying. What about DJ made three eagles in one at the as Yeah, what about between fourteen speak t shot at fourteen and the eagle on fifteen over a two whole stretches that anybody ever played better golf than that? Maybe Philip making back to that eagles at the Masters.
Speaker 3: What do you do with his drive on fifteen?
Speaker 1: It's like kind of scratchy, wasn't it seventeen?
Speaker 2: He hit it right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, man, I mean I think DJ, we just need to add somebod needs to ask a question.
Speaker 3: It's just all subjective about what the length of right, That's what I'm saying. Yeah, so I think DJ just if we're just stealing it down to the shortest length of time. DJ is the greatest player at all to ever play the game, to ever pick up a golf club.
Speaker 1: I think DJ's I think him playing eighteen at Oakmont might be the greatest hole anybody's ever played exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Actually, thank you? All right? All right, interesting, all right, Well that's fun. Yeah, we're kind of we're kind of just ending with a whimper here. What else he got? Nothing? Yeah? Nothing? That spent good A long week. I got low t now that's good.
Speaker 3: Oh it's Firestone this week. I freaking hate this tournament.
Speaker 1: It's not in Canada.
Speaker 3: I love Canada, except for they're back at glenn Abbey. I'm kind of Glenna Abbey, but they need to go back.
Speaker 1: Out to that eighteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's some really good holes out of Glenn Abbey, but maybe just my entering memory of it is like Jason Day brutalizing it with three and eighty five yard drive. But yeah, and then Firestone and then the PGA. Yes, it's three weeks. Yeah, it's three weeks. Still put to hall, right.
Speaker 1: Fires the worst, that's that's that's three No taco the week though, right right, so sweet, Okay, that's the last I'm going to talk about fires. Good.
Speaker 3: We're just gonna we're just gonna do Quail Hollow or we're just gonna talk about Reno that week. That's it.
Speaker 2: You're putting a FATOI on the on Quail Hollow, no fire, Firestone, Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think the Purple Mom is gonna go get another win at uh Faaracuda. I think zaxj Henry.
Speaker 3: I think Zaxon is gonna win.
Speaker 1: Maybe I would love it with Big Stableford, he said he loved it good. So