Speaker 1: You're tuned into Heat Check with Triste Quick.
Speaker 2: On this episode of the Heat Check, as we await free agency on a Friday, I have an update on Dame. A couple of big trades have already gone down, and I'll let you know what they mean for the teams involved. We finally get to the flurry of free agency signings from the draft. Ice Cube is pissed at the NBA about to burn the house down. Powell, Ben Carrol is really pissing some other people off. And now we know what Jordan Poole apparently said to Draymond Green that.
Speaker 1: Got him knocked the by thew No hoops.
Speaker 2: A lot happening, though, Nick's so drop that motherfucking beat that should be Rihanna. I really really really hate to start every show talking about Damien Loward. So John Hollander tweeted this, and this is kind of how I feel right now. Have you ever known a couple that all your friends thoughts should break up, but neither of them wanted to be the asshole and do it, so they just kind of dragged everything out on and on and on. I can't think of anything in the NBA that applies to but just a random thought that popped into my head. Yeah, the latest Dame and his agent met on Monday with the Portland front office, and that's usually not really a good sign. That's usually when you see Damian Lillard has respectfully requested to be traded from the Portland.
Speaker 1: Trail Blazers, especially now when multiple reports have.
Speaker 2: Said that Damian Lillard's not pleased with the fact that the Blazers used a third pick and got Scoot Henderson instead of found a way to trade.
Speaker 1: For a veteran that would help him win.
Speaker 2: Add that to the fact that Chris Haynes, who we all know is very close with Damian Lillard, tweeted that Damian Lillard wants to play on a team that has a chance. He doesn't want to be on a team that's staffed. He doesn't want to be on a team where it's just three all stars or three superstars. That didn't sound like a guy that was going to stay in Portland. But it also didn't sound like a guy who wanted to go.
Speaker 1: To the Miami Heat either.
Speaker 2: But it is crazy when you realize that Blazers GM Joe Cronan said this, My goal is to keep both of them. I have zero desire to trade Dame. I really hope this works. You can tell how excited I am about Scoop Henderson when you have to say, hey, I want to keep Dame. But then you just can't keep gushing on about Scoot Aaron Rodgers Henderson.
Speaker 1: You could see why Dame might be feeling some sort of way.
Speaker 2: But I will say this, and I've said it once and I'll say it again. I don't think Dame's frustration comes towards Joe Cronan, who he's been around since he was his rookie year. Joe Cronan is by all means a good guy, a capology, a smart man, and they brought in talent evaluation and Mike Schmidt's some of the best in the business. It was Old Shae neil o'sha who was by all accounts not a great GM in many ways, and facets who continued to do nothing to provide Damian Lillard with more talent over the years. And so Dame's frustration with the team largely stems from his many years of being mistreated.
Speaker 1: By neil Ol'shae.
Speaker 2: Dame was fed up with that, and I get that, But the truth is there just wasn't a lot that you could do with that number three overall pick. So if Dame wanted out, I would get that, I really do. It would be heartbreaking, but the consolation prize would be Shading and Scoot.
Speaker 1: But here is the silver lining in the cloud.
Speaker 2: Joe Cronin told Chris Haynes and friend of show Sean Haiken from The Rose Garden Report that Joe Cronan met with Dame and Aaron Goodwin this afternoon. We had a great dialogue. We remain committed to building a winner around Dame. Hell Yah, seems like Dame is staying put for now. Of course, We're gonna keep a close eye on this. Things can change on a dime, on a penny. It could change later tonight. I could be wrong. I could be doing an emergency episode tomorrow. But hey, for now, it's Dame and Scoot and Shaden and all is right in the world of Rip City and Portland.
Speaker 1: Media could take it, sit on it and spin as they say, let's move forward.
Speaker 2: I got so excited about sit on it and Spin that I just almost spit all over myself. Just a little clean up from our great week of NBA Draft coverage. Free agent draft signings. There were some huge names who did not get drafted. And when you see an undrafted player like nas Reed or Duncan Robinson or mac Jews make a massive impact in the NBA and get paid, you know that Really, this is where gms make their bones. This is where good gms find value in the undrafted free agent might market. Some of these are ten day signings, others are two way contracts. So here are some more interesting free agent draft signings that I think could be very impactful. Number one is Adama Snoga out of Connecticut. He becomes a Chicago Bull. He is a national champion. He is a center who can do a lot of different things. He can get playing time right away. He is a rebounding machine. He is the most outstanding player of the final four. His skill set not really.
Speaker 1: Highly valued right now in the.
Speaker 2: League, but he could absolutely make this roster. And when you think of a guy like Vucevic, if he stays or if he goes, Sonogo could really spell him when he needs to sit down, host it down because he can't play no damn defense. Oscar Tishibwei center out of Kentucky. He goes to the Pacers National Player of the Year in twenty twenty two, didn't get drafted, lands in a place that I think he should hook on.
Speaker 1: Up.
Speaker 2: Next is Drew Timmy out of Gonzaga gets to go to the place where you know he's probably gonna go right, Like, is there any better place for Drew Timmy than Milwaukee?
Speaker 1: I'll wait.
Speaker 2: Seems like he was in college for like a decade, doesn't.
Speaker 1: Have a jump shot at all. I'm not sure if he's an.
Speaker 2: NBA player, but he will be good on their G League team, boy, and then he will be good in like Croatia in twenty four months all American. To be honest, his game might translate a little only because of Jokic, except for the fact that.
Speaker 1: Again the man can't shoot.
Speaker 2: Jacob Toppin out of Kentucky, which is Obi Toppin's brother, goes to the Knicks. Why because Obi Toppin is on the Knicks. That's pretty much the scouting report there. Triquevion Smith out of NC State, the guard goes to the seventy six ers. He was a consensus first rounder, and then he comes back for his sophomore year and guess what, boo, that's the scouting report on Triquevian Ricky Council the fourth I liked him at Arkansas. I still think he can get a little minutes. He goes to seventy six Ers as well. Feels like seventy six ers might bring back James Harten because they've got multiple guys that they get in the undrafted free agent market. A lot of people thought the Council would be getting drafted in the back ap of the second round. But he slips through the cracks, high skilling, a low floor player. He's either a hit or he is a mess. I do like his game though. Up next is Antoine Davis from Detroit Mercy. He's a guard. He is the all time leader in three pointers. He is the twenty twenty three NCAA scoring leader. He's an under size guard who nonetheless can fill it up. And he goes to my Rip City Remixes. Let's be honest, he's gonna be a G League guy, but he's gonna be fucking fun. Shout out to the new team, the Rip City Remixes.
Speaker 1: That is their name.
Speaker 2: I did not just make it up. That was not something that came off the top of my head. That is a real team. It had just started, so I would not be surprised if he didn't know.
Speaker 1: What I was talking about.
Speaker 2: Up next is Colin Castlin, the center out of Florida. He goes to the Lakers six' eleven, center probably would have been a first rounder like twenty years. Ago now he's in a place that values undrafted free agents like no. Other Alex, Caruso Scottie Pippen, Junior Austin reeves could make the team as a backup To, ady which means he could be a starter in about twenty five. Games there's about forty others who have also been brought on for summer league, contracts a few of them who will also be come two way.
Speaker 1: Players who is this Year's Lou.
Speaker 2: Dort we're gonna have to wait and, see, Folks we're gonna have to wait and. See we've talked about this last, episode but The Christaps porzingis To boston trade is now.
Speaker 1: Completed it is a three team. Trade here is how it shook.
Speaker 2: Out boston Receives Christaps porzingis Via, wizards the number twenty five pick in the twenty twenty three draft Via grizzlies the twenty twenty four first round, pick top four. Protected grizzlies Receive macus smartt Via. Celtics wizards Received Tyas jones Via. Grizzlies Danilo gallinari on an expiring with the PopEd acl Via, Celtics Mike mouscala Via, celtics number thirty five pick in the twenty twenty three draft Via, celtics which is the second. Rounder the big, news of, course is That porzingis Joins tatum And brown to make some sort of janky Ass big three And.
Speaker 1: Boston turns out That boston, really, really really really really WANTS kp long. Term they are now rumored to be.
Speaker 2: Extending him as soon as he becomes eligible On july, sixth to another two, year seventy seven million dollar, contract which.
Speaker 1: Is a lot of.
Speaker 2: MONEY i don't mean to JINK, kp but, boy this is either going to be a great trade and he plays sixty five games, again which is about his, max or it is a disaster if he can't stay. Healthy The grizzlies get their replacement For Dylan, brooks Former Defensive player of The. Year probably shouldn't have gotten, it probably should have given it to somebody, else but, hey it's not my, decision and a very tough nose locker room, presidence who is a leader on a team that clearly needs some. Leadership, however they do get smaller in the back. Court that's probably gonna be an issue going up against a team like The Denver. Nuggets but, HEY i am NO, gm so we'll just leave it to. Them The wizards are obviously cleaning. HOUSE i love that this has been needing to happen for many years. Now it's like a house that has black mold and you just keep trying to pour a bleach on the, walls and you keep trying to rub the bleach and rub the bleach.
Speaker 1: In for a little, while it, works but.
Speaker 2: The black mold is in the, foundation it is in the, asbestos it is in the. Insulation so what you need to do is tear the thing down to the studs and build the house. Again they are making big time. Moves they have gotten out from under the boat anchor Of Bradley beele's. Contract they have facilitated a move to get Kp, out who would have walked away for probably, nothing would have gotten some value back In Tias, jones now In Danilo, gallinari who they probably will move. Again the other major trade involves.
Speaker 1: Drum roll, please holy, Shit John.
Speaker 2: Collins John collins finally gets traded after three consecutive years of being on the trade, block of being rumored to be moved and never, Moved, Finally John collins is A Utah.
Speaker 1: Jazz the trade.
Speaker 2: Machine just Retired Collins. Jersey that is a historic. Moment if you, Recall collins was the, first but certainly not the, last to SAY i don't really like playing with this tray young.
Speaker 1: Guy ever, since he made it clear.
Speaker 2: That he didn't love an offense Where Trey young dribbles for twenty out of the twenty four seconds and then hands you a grenade and then does that or take some forty foot, Jumper collins has been pretty much on the.
Speaker 1: Outs he survived two, coaches.
Speaker 2: Could not Outlast Quinn, snyder who has now made the, move mostly because of the salary cap. Issues collins got traded to The Utah jazz for. Well at one point The Atlanta hawks were only going to take two first rounders For John collins and know how things. Change now they get Back Rudy, gay who is thirty seven years OLD i, think.
Speaker 1: And a future second round.
Speaker 2: Pick, yikes do these boat anchor contracts come home To ruth? Fast do they not stop paying guys too much? Money as For, Atlanta Rudy gay is not a piece that will do a damn thing for The. Hawks it's a salary. Dump rudy's making six and a half million. Dollars good for him for being an unproductive player on an Expiring he could offer some we'll call it emotional support on the, bench but look for The hawks.
Speaker 1: To make some other moves after getting cap. Flexibility the third move was The timberwolves signing Nas.
Speaker 2: Read oh, yeah, baby The wolves just signed a three, year forty two million dollar deal for Nas, reed And i'll forgive.
Speaker 1: You if you haven't heard of.
Speaker 2: Him considering the fact That minnesota already has two other centers that you probably do know their, Name Karl Anthony towns And Rudy, goldbeer let me.
Speaker 1: Do a little math for.
Speaker 2: You, currently The wolves have a ninety one million dollars tied up in just the center position.
Speaker 1: Alone you, know the same position that.
Speaker 2: Teams are just completely going away. From they don't even. Start some teams don't even start a. Center, instead they run out guys Like Nick. Batoom sometimes they run out guys LIKE i don't Know Draymond green Or Cavon looney as stretch. Fives but now The wolves and all of their, wisdom have multiple traditional centers on the books for almost one hundred million. Dollars kat could probably play the, four but he's really a. Five there is no scenario That gobert is anything but a large ball. CENTER i love Nas. Reed he is a great. Story he's an undrafted kid out OF. Lsu he has worked himself into a role that many teams.
Speaker 1: Wanted to use him.
Speaker 2: In so the question, is As Brian windhorse would, say why would The timberwolves do?
Speaker 1: That why would they do?
Speaker 2: That the reason is quite, simple in my, OPINION i believe that free agent signing means That Karl Anthony towns Aka Kitty cat is going to be on the.
Speaker 1: Move we Am minnesota, now not, anymore.
Speaker 2: Bitch The timberwolves have appeared in exactly three playoff series in his eight year. Career he has been largely neutralized in both of those.
Speaker 1: Series he was.
Speaker 2: Better than people remember in twenty twenty, two but, listen he has been a. Problem he agreed to a supermax extension last summer that carries.
Speaker 1: Through twenty twenty, seven been twenty twenty. Eight god, damn we'll be over forty by. Then that's a long ass.
Speaker 2: Time he has Two ALL nba thirteen nods in eight. Years he is on the books for two hundred and fifty six million dollars over the next five. Years so why Would minnesota sign Nas? Reed because, you, sir are getting shipped the fuck. OUT i think that Nas reed is like The Silver, surfer The herald of The galactus in THE. Mcu change is a coming In, minnesota AND i think it ends up With Karl Anthony towns in a place Like Golden state.
Speaker 1: Where New york Or. Brooklyn a lot of trades and signings about to.
Speaker 2: Happen so stay tuned on the Heat, check as we'll keep you updated on all the big moves during this trade. Deadline so After Summer, league we have The Febo World, cup which is basketball's version of soccer's legendary. Event like The Soccer World, cup it happens every four years and this year will be held in The philippines.
Speaker 1: Directly Following Summer. League the question is that you might be Asking, trista why are we talking about the Feeble World? Cup great. Question first two.
Speaker 2: Reasons, One Victor wambiama announced today that he is not going to participate in The World cup For france this, year which, Is i'm, sure if you're A french, fan a very big. Disappointment but you know who's not disappointed me that. TOO i am not disappointed in the league, least and you want to know, why because that means we get to See Vic wemby in the summer. League The spurs were not going to allow him to play in, both so he was not about to go To vegas and play and then jet off to The philippines to play For Team. France absolutely fucking Not. Wemby you are our gold. Mind you will stay Here. Stateside i'm, excited but yet there is more Feeble World cup.
Speaker 1: News this is on a bit more of a somber salty. Note paolo Ben.
Speaker 2: Ceo as some people like to call him The rookie of The, year has has rescinded his pledge to play For italy and has decided to play for The United states Of. America let's fucking go, first Be logan Ditches britain to play for THE us men's national soccer, team and Now paolo is going to suit up for THE us national team and The World. Cup the question, is let's check in On italy and see how they're handling. Things you ask uh not great to be.
Speaker 1: Honest. Uh Gianni petruzzi.
Speaker 2: Is president of The Italian Basketball federation and as you can, imagine he is persed helpiss. Well according To sportando journalist great Euro basket. Website by the, Way Alessandro Luigi, Maggi patrucci said, this this.
Speaker 1: Is, incredible what an incredible, quote.
Speaker 2: So dramatic And, italian and so Like rome is burning and just So spartacus and Like.
Speaker 1: Colisee i'm in all this. Bullshit this is what he. Said betrayal in. Sports, ah these.
Speaker 2: Things, happen and PERSONALLY i am used to. IT i consider it a.
Speaker 1: Joke but he fooled.
Speaker 2: Us we were planning a great commercial strategy For. Paolo now we need to turn this disappointment into a positive. Energy patrucci further explained Ben chero could have made a call to commune unicate that to. Us, instead we learned about his decision From twitter aka the.
Speaker 1: Newspapers in the past few.
Speaker 2: Days he was In milan and despite our agreements with his. Agency he avoided the meeting with Coach Jean Marco. POCHECO i don't know how The Italian Basketball federation is going to forget this anytime.
Speaker 1: Soon they're Not he's the best basketball player to play For.
Speaker 2: Italy SINCE i don't know it's been a, While i'll just tell you. That as For, paolo this paves the way for him to be an anchor here for THE Us olympic basketball team for the foreseeable.
Speaker 1: Future and, This, folks is a huge win For.
Speaker 2: America, finally just a few words about The Big Three Ice cubes three on three basketball.
Speaker 1: League it's not really quite caught on yet in Ice. Cube, well he's a little pissed.
Speaker 2: Off there's a little tea bruin Ice cube who has.
Speaker 1: Been running The Big three since twenty. Seventeen on some conspiracy. Shit he is.
Speaker 2: Accusing THE nba of blocking, him of doing everything possible to sabotage his. Leak he went off in a recent video which is way, way, way way way too long to play. Here let me highlight some of the things that you said in the.
Speaker 1: Video some of.
Speaker 2: You may not realize That i'm not a part of the, club and a lot of.
Speaker 1: You listening to me right, here right. Now you are not a part of the club. Either this feels.
Speaker 2: Racial and WHAT i realized with this club is what makes them so mad is that when you don't want to be a part of the fucking, club that pisses them. Off this is, legit almost word for word from an Old George carlin. Bit nothing makes a country club angrier than when you don't want to join their fucking country. Club Ice cube continues and, says what club AM i talking?
Speaker 1: About i'm talking about the.
Speaker 2: Club a gatekeepers that we all got to deal. With you know who they, are and they definitely know who they. Are is, well, pause, pause, pause we're talking About Adam silver. Here, yes this is clearly a shot at the. League lest you Think.
Speaker 1: I'm, wrong he.
Speaker 2: Continued not a lot of people might, say But, cuba we want to work with THE. Nba, REALLY i don't give a fuck about working with THE, nba he. Says WHAT i want them to do is WHEN i say work with, us is stop working against.
Speaker 1: Us and that's. Cool we can do it. Ourselves these are fighting, words, Yes but what might have made Ice cube so pissed Off.
Speaker 2: Brian windhorse fingers pointing to the. Sky why would Ice cube do? That?
Speaker 1: HMM i like The Big three a. LOT i watched the game the other night a little bit because it was on in the.
Speaker 2: Background KATINO moblei with kat on the back of his, jersey ball the fuck out at the age of forty. Seven great skills still. Explosive other NOTABLE nba players in The Big Three Rishard, Lewis Reggie, Evans Mario, Chalmers Michael, Beasley Nick, Young Jordan, Crawford Joe, Johnson Larry. Sanders fun league if you like hoops from crafty veterans with the knee braces and or the pedix on their. Shoes but the, question, though is why it's Ice cube so?
Speaker 1: Mad right?
Speaker 2: Now well TODAY a blind item from The New York post dropped to explain. THINGS a blind, isam by the, way is a gossip, rumor but for legal, reasons they can't actually use names or they'll get, sued but they are scarily. Accurate from the Website Crazy days And, nights it says this professional sports organization is going to start a new league with the sole purpose of putting this former a list rapper turned actor out of.
Speaker 1: Business sounds a little like Ice. Cube sounds a little like Ice cube to?
Speaker 2: Me is this why Ice cube is going on his national rant. Tour is THE nba about to start its.
Speaker 1: Own competing three on three hoops.
Speaker 2: League he's also saying he's gonna go on any podcast anywhere to talk about. It maybe we'll have Ice cube on the podcast if they. Do, though just Like Bubba, sparks it's gonna get Uglet why because we know one thing About, Cube just like No, vasilene he's not going down without a.
Speaker 1: Fight last.
Speaker 2: Step sometimes we just have to fill in a detail from a long time ago just to complete the circle we start this. Season we started this season with a podcast on The Draymond green Sucker punch Of Jordan. Pool it was the punch heard around the world that basically ended the dynasty that was The Golden State warriors and completely derailed their, season disrupted their, chemistry and we didn't know what would Make Draymond green so. Mad the speculation was at the, time what Did pool say.
Speaker 1: That got him knocked the fuck? Out, well my Guy.
Speaker 2: Cameron he is my spirit, person went on his podcast and he spilled the. Beans according to, him this is What pool said To Draymond right before he got, dropped he, Said, draymon why is Your twitter handle Money? Green when you'res broke and not gonna get a, Contract don't worry about. It you'll be In sacramento next. Year oh, boy that'll get you a hit in the. Face has any one punch? Though the question is had more significant impact to. Think to think not only a destroyed defending champion, season it might have ended the dynasty. Altogether that would just be a goddamn. Shame and Now Jordan pool is a wizard basketball hell baddie on the sideline hell And draymond's probably gonna get a HUNDRED ms but won't ever live it, down just continuing to podcast his career away and this incident will go down as one of the most bizarre ones IN nba. History the only thing that could make this sweeter, better more enticing is If Jordan poole is the next podcast guest On Draymond green's. Pod That's all The time that we after the heat check will be back with an all new recap of the free.
Speaker 1: Agency check out the fee for past.
Speaker 2: Episodes many episodes would drop unexpected actively like a present from the, sky and follow the Heat check as the trade deadline is rapidly.
Speaker 1: Approaching do not forget the download.
Speaker 2: Subscribe please tell your, friends every single one of, them and follow us on social at this heat check At Tristan crick on TikTok On, instagram On. Twitter big shout out to my, Producer Nick berlanski for doing this late at, night and for all the folks that listen to the podcast download it and tell their friends because.
Speaker 1: You're what makes this thing. Go appreciate you and we'll see you next.
Speaker 2: Time