Speaker 1: It's time for the Bobby Bones post show.
Speaker 2: Here's your host, Bobby Bones.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 3: We haven't done a post show in a couple of days, so I do want to start with a couple of things that have been on my list to talk about.
Speaker 1: And on the.
Speaker 3: Bobby Cast yesterday that we loaded, we had one of the guys that runs some radio stations and we're on one of the stations, and he was in town for what's called CRS, which is a big seminar.
Speaker 1: People come in from all over the country.
Speaker 3: Mike d spoke at a podcasting conference and people from it's country radio seminar, but come from all over for all different formats artists are playing. But Lunchbox is a little sour about it, and he now thinks that being on a panel at CRS maybe's trivial.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it might be just kind of a joke that they'll just put anybody on a panel.
Speaker 1: Is that because of Mic?
Speaker 2: No, But I got an we got an email from the company like big week at CRS, shout out to Zach Ricky and Munu for being on a panel.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, so this isn't a shot at Mike, because I was gonna say, like he ran podcast our podcast network for a long Yea.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I don't even know, Like Manu has been like he's been on the radio for like.
Speaker 1: Two weeks, got it okay?
Speaker 2: And then and then Brooke Taylor she does like an afternoon show from her house. I'm like, she's midday. Well, that's what I mean. Middays is afternoon, isn't it.
Speaker 4: That's what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's it's.
Speaker 5: Hours before not just in Nashville, right, I don't.
Speaker 1: Mike, does she voice strike?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So she does shows.
Speaker 4: From her house though, yeah.
Speaker 5: No, she comes she also comes in from her house mostly.
Speaker 4: That's not a bad thing.
Speaker 1: No, we're literally at my house right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But I just I don't know, man, I'm like, really, that's who we're having on panels, Like what are we learning from them? Like what are they teaching?
Speaker 3: Why did you even invest even thirty seconds at being irritated at that?
Speaker 2: Well because they sent an email to the entire company giving them shoutouts like they were somebody's that bother you. Because I'm like, maybe they're doing it to say, look, see they are really big in radio, and we don't really need that were everybody already knows we're big in radio, so they don't send like they didn't even include my d on the email.
Speaker 4: They did later exactly like forgot they did.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he just insulted because he wants to be applauded.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because if he was on a panel and he was in that email, this would be a non issue.
Speaker 4: Lunchbox, have you been asked to be on a panel?
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm saying it's just a joke that we that's why it's a joke.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm at the dinner that they have the new faces and the awards thing I was when you.
Speaker 3: Won the award for best Weekly National Show, Amy Brown.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, she's the only one clapping to see her. She started clapping.
Speaker 6: No, but one of the guys in charge of it, and a woman they like, came up to me and said, hey, next year, we would love to have you on a panel.
Speaker 5: And I was like, great, just reach out. I would love to do it. So Lunchbox congratulates.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying, but at least you've been in radio and you you know what it is.
Speaker 3: Now you're hating on them specifically. I don't know what their careers are. They may be killing it. I know I don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I feel like, for example, Brooke, there's things I bro I could definitely learn from her, even how she.
Speaker 2: You know, what would you could from her?
Speaker 3: I'm not making it personal about anybody. The only thing I wonder was why he was being such a hater. It now seems a heat is insecure about his status, so he takes it out on others not insecure when there's is list.
Speaker 2: Our show is a lot bigger than all their shows. I guarantee that.
Speaker 1: That's not the point.
Speaker 4: I do think he should have a panel, though, Like I would like to see a lunchbox panel. I think that'd be great.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so Lunchboks. If you get asked, are you going to say yes? Or is the panel too lane?
Speaker 2: I will see what the panels about. They see how much they're paying me too.
Speaker 1: No, they don't pay panels. It's volunteers.
Speaker 2: Oh well then probably not.
Speaker 3: I said you don't want to So they did the panel for free?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they need the publicity.
Speaker 4: Lunchbox, what would your panel be about?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't have one title.
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 4: No, you get the title.
Speaker 6: I have.
Speaker 2: No idea what these panels are I don't watch panels.
Speaker 3: No, no, but let's say, because what happens is people from all over the country and different media come and they learn stuff, they see new artists. It's a whole week of basically an education. And let's say, hey, they can be saying, Lunchbox, we love what you do and we would just love for you to teach other broadcasters all over the country, podcast broadcasts. We'd love for you to for them to come and watch you, talk to them and take something away from it.
Speaker 1: You tell us what it is. We'll pay you. We'll pay you, and you do this panel.
Speaker 4: Do they pay you?
Speaker 1: No, but for this story.
Speaker 2: But they're gonna pay me. But yeah, sure, they're gonna pay teach you how to dominate? That's what I'm okay.
Speaker 1: So okay, what the panel would be? What would it be called?
Speaker 2: How to dominate your market?
Speaker 1: Okay? Now, how would someone dominate a market?
Speaker 2: Man? You just got to you gotta go? Can I say balls the wall in this? Sure? Go balls the wall, let's go.
Speaker 1: But what does that mean? It feels about to give you the speech?
Speaker 2: Because then I'm gonna have then I'm gonna have to I'm not gonna ge paid. So why would I give you the whole panel right now?
Speaker 3: You're not giving us the whole panel because panel people ask questions.
Speaker 5: To just give us a general idea.
Speaker 3: I told you the balls of the ball, it's dominate. But what would they take from it? Like, what's the general idea? Because we're not going to pay you unless they know exactly what you're going to give them.
Speaker 2: I'm going to teach them how to win and radio how and how how do you win? You get the best ratings?
Speaker 5: I don't do that.
Speaker 6: It like, do you connect with the audience, Lunchbox, how by dominating?
Speaker 4: Good point?
Speaker 1: Good point, good pot.
Speaker 4: Lunchbox will never ask you point.
Speaker 3: He doesn't have a point.
Speaker 2: I do have a point. I can't give away all the secrets for free, Lunchbox.
Speaker 4: What about like a panel on how to break a new artist that has no talent?
Speaker 5: But that's not what he does?
Speaker 2: Yes, I did, I broke Abby Gosh.
Speaker 3: You set him up, and you set him up in the meanest way, Eddie.
Speaker 1: I set him back up to where he wants to go.
Speaker 3: Edi shot down the jungle in front of him and let him just what.
Speaker 4: I think he can speak to this, Eddie.
Speaker 2: Eddie's just said, Abby has no talent.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, and Abby does have a lot of talent, But go ahead, lunchbucks. If it were like, how do you create a buzz for an artist?
Speaker 2: Oh, you just tell him the truth, rip.
Speaker 5: Them, set him up to fail, and then.
Speaker 2: You don't set him up to fail, I said, you know, I gave her a book on how to get singing lessons. I told her to play guitar. I set her up for success. I tried to save her money. I booked her gigs.
Speaker 1: I told you tricked her. You took her out on the road.
Speaker 3: I took and you were like, I got you a gig, and then you're like, play out on the street.
Speaker 1: Maybe people throw money in a cup.
Speaker 5: Right, So that is you setting her up in your mind to fail.
Speaker 6: But what Abby continues to do is she turns it into success.
Speaker 4: Yes, so maybe Abby should have the panel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys are so you guys have it so butt backwards.
Speaker 5: You know, I've never heard that before, lunchbox.
Speaker 6: I think that something that you're you have a real talent at and you could speak to other people is sometimes.
Speaker 1: What are you ever dominated? But I got it?
Speaker 4: I agree?
Speaker 1: Okay, never mind, go ahead, Amy.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, nothing.
Speaker 6: I just think that he's really good at not caring about what anybody else thinks, and that that plays in his favor at times because he's able to just speak his mind and you are quick on your feet, like you come up with stuff so fast.
Speaker 5: And also when it comes to if.
Speaker 6: You want to talk about dominating your market, you're really good at getting to know the salespeople and getting free things.
Speaker 3: You can ask you something that is I'm asking Amy this in the in the most loving, kindest way, and I don't want this to be an insult to anybody. He constantly beats you up, It takes shots at you. This is not constantly, this is a compliment to you. Yet you still look for ways to lift him up, even though he's throwing rocks not literally figuratively constant throwing rocks across the room at you.
Speaker 2: Hold on on what, why why do you do that?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean we've been together a long time.
Speaker 6: I think he contributes a lot to the show, and I do think that he falls right have to offer.
Speaker 3: I do think he wonders why you're motivated when he's motivated to continue to push you down constantly, why you still put lift him up because.
Speaker 6: There's also times that he's been there for me as a friend, and I think that, you know, sometimes whether he's doing it for shock. I've just learned to not take it too personally because it used to really get to me and it would derail me and I would maybe cry.
Speaker 5: And then now it's just not it's not working.
Speaker 1: It's a cartoon care.
Speaker 6: It's like I don't want to give him that that power, Like I'd rather pull alongside and support him, and then I know that if push comes to shove, he'd support.
Speaker 5: Me as well.
Speaker 2: I agree, but hold on, hold on? When when have I ever thrown rocks?
Speaker 3: All I do is promote figuratively for things with Amy Brown.
Speaker 2: I always talk about it and what a great podcast, you know.
Speaker 3: What she'd suck at telling people how to stay married stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Right, it's like it's a rock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's actually just a truth.
Speaker 3: It's sometimes whenever, and we all do this, but I does, especially like if he says something and I'm like, that's completely appropriate.
Speaker 1: I laugh about trying to like not encourage it. But he knows, he'll just.
Speaker 3: It'll just get bigger and bigger and bigger, and he'll just make it such a bit that it's not even he's not even telling his truth anymore, but he's just knows he's like pissing people off and killing and he's getting under your skill just run with it, and it's hilarious.
Speaker 4: I need to learn from what Amy's doing because I just end up being like getting upset and then and then he kind of I end up being on his level, and that's never good for me to be on his level, to be like, you know, try to hate back, and that just doesn't work.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you do.
Speaker 2: I'm with him, Yeah, so I got to be more like Amy, and but sometimes you're on my team.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, because we I mean, I think we agree on a lot of things.
Speaker 2: And he's like me, he's got the same views as me.
Speaker 4: No, no, not really.
Speaker 6: What was his recent like somehow he slammed me about like infertility, which.
Speaker 1: Was like wow, oh remember that.
Speaker 3: He goes, I don't know if I should sell it, which means we're not gonna be like okay, man, ever in life, someone's not gonna be like I don't know if I should tell you this secret. You're never gonna be like, well that you didn't keep it to yourself.
Speaker 6: You hardly ever, But that's how much I don't let it impact like you do.
Speaker 1: A panel and how to not be fertile?
Speaker 2: Well, like I've ever made fun of your fertility?
Speaker 5: You you know you forget there was a recent thing. But what I'm saying is is I just, you know, let it roll.
Speaker 6: Off my back because to me, it's not worth it.
Speaker 5: To get all worked up.
Speaker 6: So I don't even remember honestly what you said, but I do know you said something because the listeners were not happy.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you forget listeners are never happy.
Speaker 3: What people do or say, but you usually remember how it made you feel when they did it or said it good or bad. Like you can forget sometimes what somebody has said to you good or bad first time you met it, but it's you almost never forget how it made you feel, even if it's in your subconscious and you just have like a relationship with that person. That's a positive one because you had a good experience. But yes, Lunchbox, this panel be how to dominate the market.
Speaker 4: No, I think gamy has a better one. How to get free stuff?
Speaker 1: Yeah, radio is.
Speaker 3: Also one, but while working in radio and not just showing up to radio events, anybody that did that volunteer their time? Ye had nothing but love. Mike's was really good. I didn't see the other people who didn't much about it. I'm sure they did a great job too. I don't know them, but I'm also not gonna get mad and take shots at them because they did something that I didn't do, and I'm jealous they were rewarded publicly for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Mike, did you reply to that email and be like, Yo, did you forget about me on the panel or what?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 2: How did they remember to include you? Did someone reach out.
Speaker 8: Because someone else emailed us? Hey you forgot Mike?
Speaker 2: Okay? Good?
Speaker 3: Did you get mad about that Lunchbucks?
Speaker 2: Well that's before I knew Mike was on a panel. I didn't know Mike was on a panel.
Speaker 1: And you knew through that second email?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well no, I think we talked about on the show. And then after the show is when we got that email saying Mike was on a panel.
Speaker 4: Maybe they heard it on the show.
Speaker 1: I think I don't think they listened to the show. Okay, yeah, all right, let's do this mineral here.
Speaker 4: All right. You know this is not.
Speaker 3: Dirty, but it's also if you have a five year old and you listen to the podcast with a kid in the car. Maybe this is one of those you just get past for you know, a couple of fifteen second slips, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what happened?
Speaker 1: Because it's a new story.
Speaker 3: You guys familiar with Elizabeth Hurley the actress, Yeah, yes, yeah, and she was with the actor for a long time who ended up getting caught with a cooker. Yeah, your Elizabeth Hurley did a sex scene in a movie and it was a lesbian sex scene, but her son directed it. Her son directed a lesbian sexye with his mom doing it.
Speaker 4: See, they can always blame this on our you know, it's like, oh, it's all right, you don't see it that way. But like that's just weird.
Speaker 1: It's a job, but that's weird. It's a weird situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, it doesn't have to be your job.
Speaker 1: Does he check out for a minute?
Speaker 3: Like sometimes a court justice and state Supreme Court or national Federal Spring Court, they'll be like, I need to remove myself in the case because.
Speaker 1: I'm too he should have just no, but for the scene, removed himself for that.
Speaker 4: He's gonna have to look at the edits and like, you know, be there for all the post production like no man, Like what movie is that?
Speaker 2: My review?
Speaker 1: What's not out yet?
Speaker 3: Elizabe Curly as a girl and girl sex scene and her upcoming strictly confidential and it was directed by her twenty one year old son Damien. Mom, go a little harder, can you grind?
Speaker 2: You? Put your down your top a little bit?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little strange.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: From the Journal of Economics Psychology.
Speaker 2: But that has to be tough.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's going to stay on this one now.
Speaker 2: It's gonna have to be tough to have such a hot mom.
Speaker 3: I just don't think you look at your mom regardless of.
Speaker 4: Hunchbox hot mom. Eddie loves like I love Lunchbox's mom. Lunchbox all of a sudden glands.
Speaker 2: Oh and your mom again more picks O great.
Speaker 5: I'm just reading about it, and I'm so.
Speaker 1: What did you say?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 3: I was over here DM and your mom, Uh, it says from the Journal of Economic Psychology.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't realize it, but regular.
Speaker 3: Perspasion of clubs and other social activities increases your happiness as much as doubling your income.
Speaker 2: That's stupid.
Speaker 1: It kind of it feels stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's be let's be in a well, I don't even know what a club, uh, club.
Speaker 3: Boards and social club.
Speaker 1: And then it's the good. It's doubling.
Speaker 3: Evidence shows and I do, I do understand that connection to people is a valuable thing. I just think it's weird to say doubling your income.
Speaker 4: Because that'd be awesome.
Speaker 3: Evidence shows that being connected to other people has a powerful influence, not only on happiness, but i'll help you feel. Experts found it's also important to experiences after work activity a couple of times a week. But it increases your happiness as much as if you were to get double your income. I call a bit of bs on that. Maybe it does something to the chemicals inside of you that you're bought, but there's no chance.
Speaker 1: Don't double Maybe like ten percent.
Speaker 4: Rais yeah, maybe double would be awesome.
Speaker 1: Maybe like ten percent raise. Maybe Mike's UFO is up.
Speaker 3: It's on my Instagram story to Mike's account, just mister Bobby Bones. So Mike's Instagram story is up, and it's an alien, it's a spaceship.
Speaker 4: It's definitely a UFO.
Speaker 3: Whatever it is, we don't know what it is. It's frankly unidentified.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 3: So that's what's up, UFO, Go look at it before you start judging that it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Jeff Bezos is now the world's richest man. Again.
Speaker 4: He keeps going back and forth.
Speaker 3: He all those guys keep switching places.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they make one deal and like.
Speaker 1: Oh he had like a number one song in country music.
Speaker 3: Pass it around. It's like, all right, this week you're number one. This week you're number one. So Jeff Bezos takes him on. Because Tesla stock fell more than seven percent. Bezos has a net worth of over two hundred billion. French billionaire Bernard Arnault came in third.
Speaker 5: Where's that guy from Mexico?
Speaker 3: Oh he has Louis Vuitton, Dior and Selene him at the one hundred and niney seven million.
Speaker 4: What Mexican.
Speaker 1: There's one guy.
Speaker 5: That's like Mexico.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, his name is.
Speaker 1: Escobar.
Speaker 4: No, no, what's his name? Mike something? French? Carlos, Carlos Slim.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Carlos Slim feels like a like a that's what you call like the cartel guy Slim.
Speaker 4: Really that Slim.
Speaker 1: That's a good nickname for a cartel guy.
Speaker 4: Hey, Slim, I made it like a monster.
Speaker 5: I went to one hundred and five billion.
Speaker 3: Really a five billion, it's not even real. There's not that much money in paper all just digital.
Speaker 4: What would you do, like if you had one hundred and five billion.
Speaker 3: Give away fifty billion immediately and keep the other fifty five billion?
Speaker 4: Sure, what would you do for fun?
Speaker 5: By whatever you wanted?
Speaker 4: I know, I would buy a massive jet, like like a like a like one of the Southwest jets, like a big play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the president flies on and put bed there and then you can go wherever. You just go wherever you want to. Whatever makes the world so much floor. I don't know about a dance floor, but yeah, that's what I would do. That's what I would do, Okay, I would first of all, I would in I l Arkansas always like football like crazy.
Speaker 4: Okay, see every player so they can win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd be king and il I'd be doing deals with all those guys. I'd be getting the best players because you can.
Speaker 1: Do that lea.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But if I was gonna buy something like the ultimate luxury, be a big jet. There's a plane crash here, yes, like a single engine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a family in it, five people.
Speaker 1: I don't know who was in it, because the story didn't say two.
Speaker 5: Adults, three kids.
Speaker 1: Really from Canada, they're flying from Canada here.
Speaker 5: No, they're flying from Kentucky.
Speaker 6: Which is the crazy part because that's a really short flight.
Speaker 5: So it's you know when you take off.
Speaker 1: In something like that park Kentucky an hour yeah.
Speaker 5: And then you feel like, oh yeah, up down, no big deal.
Speaker 6: And but somewhere close to John c tun the private airport here, there was engine failure and I.
Speaker 3: Saw some of the communication where the guy John cy Tuon, which is the one of the private airports here, was like, hey, we cleared the runway like land and he was like, I don't think I'm gonna make it that far. It's like just glide. And then that was kind of it, right, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I think he went past it somehow and then was trying to turn around and pass at the turn then went into like the side of Highway forty.
Speaker 3: Do you know if it was a pilot, as in they had hired a pilot, or if like the dad or the man in the family.
Speaker 6: I have my my assumption, my guess, but I don't, you know, rather not MPR.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's not I think that well made me think of Ben.
Speaker 6: I mean, my ex husband, like he had was in a single engine aircraft and lost engine failure.
Speaker 5: In fact, the whole propeller flew off off the plane.
Speaker 6: The plane like it departed, like they were going like he had a pilot with him in the next seat, the co pilot, and he's like, can you check the manual for engine failure? And then while they're looking through the manual, the propeller just flies off. He's like, is that in the manual?
Speaker 1: You had propellers for dummies around?
Speaker 6: Didn't They just threw the manual on the back seat because they're like definitely not in there.
Speaker 5: But you know, I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't know when you're getting your pilot's license, like what amounts of gliding practice goes into it. But I know that when Ben was at the Air Force Academy he got his glider wings, So I don't. I don't know if that's everybody, I don't know to what point, but that's immediately what he did is he turned the plane into a glider. So he acted as if he was a bird and he was able to turn and you know, do things and maneuver. He knew right where he wanted to land, and he found a body of water and he landed on the water.
Speaker 1: It's like a small pond, right, and then it sunk into the lake.
Speaker 9: And the out.
Speaker 5: But that's what the tower was saying.
Speaker 4: No I remember hearing about it, but yeah, it was terrible.
Speaker 1: That's what the amy to. He was safe till they say like that called.
Speaker 5: A black Hog.
Speaker 6: Helicopter had to come and black Hawk got helicopter because they were in the middle of nowhere and they had to lower like Ben even used you know, like a reflector to like show.
Speaker 5: This is where we are, and.
Speaker 1: They lowered or someone in the military.
Speaker 6: Wow, there's military training there. But yeah, the tower to this plane was.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, I did see that communication wide.
Speaker 5: Glide and it's like making there.
Speaker 4: Well, I google earthed it, which I do to a lot of things, and I was like, man, how close were they to the airport? Did they were so close?
Speaker 3: I didn't know that they possibly had it passed it and tried to turn.
Speaker 5: One of the articles that I read.
Speaker 6: I've been and I were actually texting back and forth about it with articles, and yeah, one that I saw indicated that for whatever reason, they were like wait, why.
Speaker 5: They passed the ater?
Speaker 4: Why not just go?
Speaker 6: But maybe it was you know, if you haven't maybe landed at that airport four you don't know, yeah, or again, or if there's engine failure. You have so many other thoughts going through your mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that sucks. Well, that is very sad. That story is super tragic. I saw that we were flying back at the same time. And Morgan, do you see the cops near your house?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I heard all of them.
Speaker 7: I was taking my dog outside because this is near me, and all of a sudden, I just hear cops, fire trucks, like helicopters, everything, And I was like, oh, my gosh, what's happening, And like immediately ran inside because I thought there was like an active shooter or something in the area.
Speaker 2: That was my initial thought.
Speaker 1: And then I saw the news speaking of planes. Did you tell them about your kids that.
Speaker 4: No, I haven't told them.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, this is a close one. So a few weeks ago, I bought a laser pointer for my kids basketball practices. I read online that like, ooh, you get a laser pointer, you can put it on the backboard or whatever, and you tell them like all right, guys like hit that spot and you practice. So I had a laser pointer. I've never owned a laser pointer ever, so it's pretty cool. And I put in a drawer, I leave it there or whatever. And the other day I went looking for it and it wasn't there, and one of my boys was like, oh, yeah, so you know, so and so has it in the backyard. I was like, okay. So I go to the backyard and two of my kids are back there and they're pointing it like in the sky, and I go, WHOA, what are you guys doing. They're like, oh, we're waiting for a plane to fly by. We're going to point it at the plane.
Speaker 1: I'm like, not, no, no, you can't do that.
Speaker 4: You will go to jail if you do that.
Speaker 1: And they're like what they didn't know.
Speaker 4: No, But I'm thinking that's got to be very common for a kid to pick up a laser pointer and be like, oh, look, let's just find shine it out the plane, because like an adult knows if that's illegal and you can't.
Speaker 3: There always adults to get arested for doing it, right, And I don't think a lot I don't think laser pointers are really a thing for kids unless adult has one laying round, which is what I Well, we were kids, it was cool because it was new.
Speaker 4: And maybe you had a cat that was really late.
Speaker 1: But now I think kids would be bored with a laser pointer.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 4: My kids were not. They're like, this is so awesome because you can shine it in the dark up to the sky and it looks like it's hidden up a star, like it just flies.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you caught them.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, So would I go to jail if they did it?
Speaker 1: It depends.
Speaker 3: I mean, if something bad were to happen and they were very young, you would probably be in trouble.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because to them it's like, oh yeah, why not, let's just shine it towards the plane. Maybe they'll see it.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you caught them, unless they were already doing it and they were like we were.
Speaker 4: Going to Oh man, I hope not.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: A couple other things here, Amy, will you talk to us about the six to one grocery method, because I am not someone.
Speaker 4: Who grocery shops, you know, goes to the store.
Speaker 3: Really ever so so in the earlier days, i'd call them a struggle years. Mostly I would just grocer up a gas station. I was living by myself, I would just get just whatever I needed for the next day or so, stop by the gas station, get a little something else.
Speaker 1: That's basically how it eat.
Speaker 3: Then in the non struggle days, which are now, why would I go to the grocery store. I'm not like now I have. My days are filled with work, so we can order instacart.
Speaker 4: The only way I would think, though, is if your wife was cooking something store no, no, no, Hey, on the way home, real quick, can you just pick me up a box of whatever?
Speaker 3: She would say, Because I've asked. I think I've messed up, though, She's like, hey, get me this, not on purpose, brought the wrong way.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but now she's just no, not even the wrong thing.
Speaker 3: I get a bunch of extra stuff that's fun, like fun stuff cereal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh god.
Speaker 3: And so I think now she just by the time, she's like, hey, when you come home from work, she just orders instacart.
Speaker 4: Got it.
Speaker 3: But if we moved out of the building, we're gonna be right above.
Speaker 1: The whole foods.
Speaker 3: Oh, and I can't wait if we are right if we move inside that building, now, yeah, I don't know. They keep saying that for as we Yeah, I don't know what's the six to one grocery method?
Speaker 6: Okay, I just saw it going viral some chef that put it out there. And when you go to the grocery store, you go six fy four three two one, six vegetables, five fruits, four proteins, three starches.
Speaker 1: You've got seven seven bucks of cereal.
Speaker 3: Now started start again, to interrupt you go ahead, started six again.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: Six vegetables, five fruits, four proteins, three starches, two sauces are spreads.
Speaker 5: And one fun item.
Speaker 4: So that's the ice cream.
Speaker 6: And what this chef says, the benefits here are you cut back on wasted food, time and money by taking out any guesswork, and it gives you the freedom to buy what you actually want to eat.
Speaker 5: Flexibility, like you just.
Speaker 6: Have to like fill in the blanks of what four proteins do we want this week?
Speaker 5: Do we want ground beef, chicken? I don't know, eggs and ground turkey? There you go.
Speaker 6: So that's I don't know it's called the six to one grocery method.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's probably really good for you.
Speaker 5: Google it, which is speaking at Google.
Speaker 6: I started googling more about the plane crash, and I don't know.
Speaker 5: I swear it said Kentucky. Is anybody with me on that?
Speaker 4: I've never heard that.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, something I read said Kentucky. Now it's saying potentially Canada, which I did know they were Canadian. But you know what makes me feel really bad is like they were talking to witnesses that were on I forty and they literally saw the plane falling from the sky. They saw and it's just like, gosh, You're just driving home from work or something, and like, now you there's this trauma of something you've witnessed five people just die before you.
Speaker 5: Oh terrible.
Speaker 1: I'm just sitting at you want to hear something.
Speaker 5: So anyway, I always feel like I need to clarified things.
Speaker 4: Now, thank you about that.
Speaker 5: Hey, I will find the article that said Kentucky.
Speaker 3: So our CFO messaged me last night. I was asleep art now I think it was coming. It was like eleven o'clock, so I was I was probably about to fall asleep.
Speaker 1: I did a show last night in Arkansaw.
Speaker 4: Oh I did a joke.
Speaker 3: It wasn't really a joke. I just kind of said it last minute, like I was up there I did.
Speaker 2: What's it called.
Speaker 5: It's called chamber of Commerce.
Speaker 1: Yes, I didn't know what a Chamber of commerce was.
Speaker 6: I was a member when I lived in North Carolina and have my cupcake business.
Speaker 5: It is a good way to network.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I'm out there and I'm like a chamber of commerce. I said that too.
Speaker 3: I was like mounta Pine, I have a chamber of commerce, Like yeah, like I looked up what it is. Obviously it's a you get a funnel of money or something, you know whatever. Yeah, right, that's what I said, Like, like we know it's benefit of the cartel or something.
Speaker 1: I made a little joke.
Speaker 3: That's what reminded me of that when you we're talking about slim or whatever. So I got a good little laugh and I said, uh, we know, we barely had a constable or a dog catcher and uh whatever, we had a Mountaine number.
Speaker 1: What was?
Speaker 3: And then I said Chamber of Commerce, Like, I gues, sounds like something for fifty shades of gray chamber, the Chamber of Commerce. You would have thought Chris Rocket entered again just like chamber. I think I have a clip of that, like a torture cham chamber where they do dirt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me see if I have a coup for that.
Speaker 4: Here you go.
Speaker 3: No, that's not it. Hold on, so I have a lot, a lot of games.
Speaker 1: That I only have two. No, that's not it. Ray or ray? Uh read? Do I chamber of commerce? So I have that clipper?
Speaker 4: Now I do.
Speaker 3: I only took two clips from last night. The thing about Rady is so good at sending me clips. He sends me all different sizes of them, so it's the same clip over and over again, just to mar sizes. Well, who cares. That's all right, buddy, I appreciate that, though.
Speaker 1: Let me try a more times.
Speaker 4: Population.
Speaker 1: But we don't have a chamber of commerce.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 1: I know what a chamber of commerce was.
Speaker 3: Chamber of commerce sounds like something from that fifty Shades, a great book. The people that are laughing really hard, we know what you're up to.
Speaker 1: I was surprised they laughed like that's a good joke, dude. It wasn't even a real joke.
Speaker 4: But that's funny.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: At times it's like stuff that I did even work on, and stuff I do work on nobody laughs at and I'm like, I suck and then I say something I throw away like that from market Saw. It's population seven hundred. It's a very small town. But we didn't have a chamber of commerce. I'll be honest with you, I know what a chamber of commerce was. Chamber of commerce sounds like something from that Fifty Shades of Great book where it sounds like you're editing in from a like a sit laugh track. Yeah. Another one was somebody's phone went off in the middle of my my I was, you know, speaking, telling jokes, doing whatever. Kevin, you come in to you con I senter, you're good. And again I didn't even think this was This was somebody's phone ringing.
Speaker 2: Here you go.
Speaker 1: You're a lot I'm in a lot of games. But I'm staring at the person.
Speaker 9: Is that like a Nokia like two thousand and one.
Speaker 8: It's not even that.
Speaker 9: I'm like in the middle of something good. That's gotta be cricket wireless.
Speaker 1: It's cricket wireless. Still a thing. I don't know, but I remember Kirk Yeah, me too, from about that time.
Speaker 3: But that phone was like no, no, none, like right in the middle of the deal.
Speaker 1: But I did that last night.
Speaker 4: He killed it last night.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: No I killed it, but he got back late last night. Oh this is what I'm getting to. Our CFO messaged.
Speaker 1: Me late last night. Yeah yeah, and he said, you give us a raise.
Speaker 3: Hey, and we talk every few weeks, but he lives in New York Miami. He goes, hey, I'm doing this big outing the day before. iHeart Country because we all go to Ira Country. And I go, awesome, let's go, Eddie, and I would love to play golf in this outing.
Speaker 1: Let me know details.
Speaker 4: Did he invite me?
Speaker 1: No, I just assume because.
Speaker 3: We do all this, it replied this morning, and he goes, I swear to God this morning at ten or No, he.
Speaker 1: Said, who goes Eddie?
Speaker 3: Question Mark?
Speaker 4: It's about right? Then that's not nice.
Speaker 5: He definitely. Maybe he just may knows who you are. But it's like, wait, Eddie golfing And then I go, I.
Speaker 3: Go, oh sorry, I said, we travel and play. He's trying to miss together. Naural reactions also a coast on the radio. We played our Cunch festival together three times. The musical action skis I said, I can kick him out muscle memory and and what do you say? Well?
Speaker 4: Nothing, yeah, bubbles, bubbles, bubble erase bubble erase.
Speaker 1: Dang man, I'll let you know.
Speaker 5: These times, I wish I knew how to play golf.
Speaker 4: Why don't you just go?
Speaker 5: I could learn?
Speaker 4: You can just go.
Speaker 5: No, you can't go.
Speaker 6: This is like a nice golf thing they do every year at like a really nice course.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like it's.
Speaker 1: Not and it has to pay for it for everybody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: It'd be like you can ride though.
Speaker 6: If I was really good, then it'd be cool. It'd be like, yeah, totally bringing me. She's awesome at golf.
Speaker 4: Listen, you can ride and give everyone their distances and like you would.
Speaker 1: She wouldn't want to do that, she'd forget whatever.
Speaker 5: I could show him that I'm ambidextrous.
Speaker 1: You're not, though, now he don't see me a clue. You're bad both ways.
Speaker 3: We went last year and I played with Rich and some corporate guys, a couple of clients, Jordan Davis.
Speaker 1: There was one who else played with the Patrick. Megan Patrick had just started playing.
Speaker 3: She's such an athlete because she was like a competitive snow skier, like snow skier jumper yep.
Speaker 1: And she heard her back real bad and she landed in a fall.
Speaker 3: But she she just started playing golf like six months ago, and it was annoying that she was pretty good. And she's like tattoos, she's a really good at country artist tattoo and she's out there on a golf of wack.
Speaker 1: Just nailing.
Speaker 3: It's simp's wife wife, right. But she's a professional. She basically a professional athlete.
Speaker 5: Yes, I realized that, But there is hope.
Speaker 3: Only if you're a professional athlete and you take on golf, it's still gonna be hard.
Speaker 4: You can always learn golf.
Speaker 1: We suck at.
Speaker 3: Golf, and we've played a bunch, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That we suck.
Speaker 6: No, y'all play a lot and I all I hear y'all say, is oh kidding meet the ball?
Speaker 5: These days? O suck?
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 5: My own golf game is so off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. We're hard on ourselves and we suck.
Speaker 4: Did you see that comedian that had to get pulled off stage?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's drunk. Nick makes sports and yeah, and that video is very very awkward.
Speaker 6: Hard is it to learn golf at forty three?
Speaker 9: Not?
Speaker 5: I'm not forty three. Yeah, but it's forty two. Oh, this is a common question. It's forty two old. To take up golf as a hobby.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 6: Someone said, I think it's the perfect age to start a new hobby.
Speaker 4: He's a golf instructor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, ten on hundred bucks an hour ago. Max is going to follow other streaming services by cracking down on password sharing, which they should. Honestly, it's fun, it's nice. You can get a free but they create this product so people will pay for us. They can keep creating the products and if you don't like it, don't pay for it. But if you do take it and consume it, you should pay for it.
Speaker 4: I just think it would be easy to police this, Like just you can sign on on two different locations, period.
Speaker 1: But if a family has an account and then you.
Speaker 4: Get the family account.
Speaker 1: But again you could just give somebody else that family.
Speaker 4: Account, because then you can register five items, five TVs five whatever. That's what Hulu does. So every time I travel and I go into like an Airbnb or whatever, and I log in my Hulu in They're like, you have two more locations you can log in.
Speaker 1: So do you have to log out from that when then when you leave to get three yes?
Speaker 4: Or I have to call them and say, hey, that was just a rental. Take that off.
Speaker 1: Well, then anybody could use it and just call and be like, it's just a rental.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that was only for a weekend. You're gonna do that every weekend.
Speaker 3: If I don't want to pay for it, I would, Yeah, make a simple call.
Speaker 1: All right, that's it.
Speaker 3: We have an interview that we're about to do for the show with Barbara Corcoran, who's always awesome Shark Tank.
Speaker 4: Apparently Amy has a big question for her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I one she was nervous about, don't tell us what it is.
Speaker 4: I won't, but you can't wait to hear it.
Speaker 1: And she was like, it's going to be so vulnerable of a question.
Speaker 5: I can't wait, Amy, I feel like it really would be.
Speaker 6: And I never I don't know why I've never, because we've had her on you know where. I could have asked this the last time she was on, but I never even thought of it. But today the question popped into my head and I thought, well, I guess we could go there.
Speaker 1: Gosh, I have a good question too, Okay, get to keep your question.
Speaker 3: Wow, she's gonna be only fifteen minutes, so we'll record it for the show in the next couple of days. You guys have a great day. Today's Wednesday. There's a lunchbok. You guys doing the old Losers today, We're doing loss Losers today.
Speaker 1: Amy's five things.
Speaker 5: The thing went up here yesterday, but you know.
Speaker 1: We'll probably do it twenty five whistles today.
Speaker 3: That's it, Mike maybe Mike yep got one up?
Speaker 8: Got best and worse to the Last thirty days of movies?
Speaker 1: Thirty days?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's the second best? Oh?
Speaker 8: You got to listen to the episodes?
Speaker 3: Well, I would announced for the first best, Like, what's what's something good in the last thirty days?
Speaker 8: Last thirty days? Trying to what I saw?
Speaker 3: That's why I didn't answercause you think of it? Yeah, I felt that.
Speaker 6: Can you imagine the deals that I could get done on a golf course.
Speaker 1: That's why I like that play are still on whether.
Speaker 5: You're five or ninety five. It says here it's never too late.
Speaker 3: I'd rather not p either one of those five or ninety five years olds. Sure, I like to be in the middlemore.
Speaker 6: It says your goal should be to enjoy time with friends, get some exercise, spend a few hours outdoors on a Beautiful Afternoon Network.
Speaker 4: The deal's never sealed on the golf course. The process of sealing a deal is done on the relation.
Speaker 1: I don't know there's a relationship, but.
Speaker 4: You're never put and being like we're gonna do it, all right, we're gonna merge.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I think you haven't been in those Do you have.
Speaker 5: Before you're gonna drive and shake a deal?
Speaker 1: No, I think I've done.
Speaker 3: Hey, yeah, we should commit to this and commit to the There's obviously no we show uput the contract.
Speaker 4: While you're playing the game.
Speaker 1: While I've been playing golf.
Speaker 4: Yeah wow.
Speaker 3: But mostly it's about developing the relationship inside the deal. But I've I've definitely at the end of it been like, hey man, that was awesome, let's do this.
Speaker 1: I think I feel good about it.
Speaker 4: You too, Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, well karymrro and gets it all settled up.
Speaker 4: Those were days that you played well, yeah, because otherwise I just get in the car.
Speaker 1: I'm just pissedn't want your stupid deal. Mike.
Speaker 3: What's something good?
Speaker 8: Self Reliance on Hulu?
Speaker 1: That Jake Johnson movie Jake Johnson, I don't know that. I don't know who that is. The Bubbly toes.
Speaker 8: Yeah, different that that that that.
Speaker 4: That that that that that that.
Speaker 1: You know Jake Johnson.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, you don't know Jack Johnson.
Speaker 8: Why would I know Jack Johnson the singer is a musician.
Speaker 5: Maybe that's when we were in college younger.
Speaker 4: How does he not know any of Jack johnson songs?
Speaker 1: It's not really his vibe though. Mike's more punk.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah he's not punk.
Speaker 6: That damn man dot dot banana pancakes.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, making stuff up.
Speaker 5: No, it's such a good song.
Speaker 4: Better when we're together than a better when we're together, A better one we're to get.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: Wow, he did a really good version to the Jack White song Yes we were friends.
Speaker 1: Didn't this say that we are gonna be friends? He did for the Curious George movie.
Speaker 4: I want to turn the whole thing up side down?
Speaker 1: Nothing one, I know?
Speaker 4: There we go. That's Jake Johnson.
Speaker 3: Those are the exact words, too, Jack john That's right. What is Jake Johnson?
Speaker 1: What is he in?
Speaker 5: Direct girl?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like him.
Speaker 4: He's Schmidt.
Speaker 5: Oh that's why he looks familiar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like him. Okay, we're done. You guys see tomorrow peace.
Speaker 3: Uh, don't want the bad bugs by anything people say at the end of this yeah, peace out.
Speaker 5: Have you ell ever thought about this one?
Speaker 6: What did you ever say when you were a kid?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: As I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, pray the Lord my soul.
Speaker 4: Yea Metallica.
Speaker 5: We were saying as.
Speaker 6: A kid, basically, if I die in my sleep tonight, please be here for me.
Speaker 4: Lord.
Speaker 6: Did you know that people had a happier version like there was a part of the country or depending where.
Speaker 5: You live up sad I didn't have like if I die before I wake, it was like happier.
Speaker 4: Question where did this come from?
Speaker 1: Because I was saying like cliche things.
Speaker 5: Like peace, Uh, how to say good night?
Speaker 1: Let the bad bugs by?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Na, He's like, you ever do the morbid one where people die in their sleep or like what the It's why I.
Speaker 4: Did always think that was weird, like, man I could die, I know, but it's still weird to think about man I could die.
Speaker 5: But why didn't our parents learn the happy version?
Speaker 3: They're not Irish, they didn't experience a potato famine and need to actually have something happier to say, you know, all right, that's it.
Speaker 1: We're done. I gotta pee and we'll see you guys soon.