Speaker 1: I'm a homegirl that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 2: You know, if you don't lie about that, right, Lauren came in.
Speaker 1: Hey, y'all, it's Lauren l Rosa and this is the latest with Lauren lo Rosa. Now, look, whenever we hear on the pot, y'all know, I keep it really honest, really real with y'all because this is where you get your daily dig on entertainment news, pop culture, exclusive news. But the conversations that shake the room. And if we're doing the behind the scenes of the grind checking, man, I'm trying to say a float right now. God is so good and I'm managing everything. But y'all know, I'm in court, which shakes up majority of my day, and then I'm doing breakfast club, and then I got tall to hear on the podcast, and yesterday I was really sitting in court like, if I'm being honest with myself, this case is over. Like, I how am I feeling? I'm feeling like do I need to be in court there every day? This case is over. I'm still gonna go all right, you be telling me to be quiet when you leave, I start talking again. I'm still gonna go. But if I'm being you know, just transparent, I do think that the government has established their case to the point that they need to. So maybe it's the government should rest at this point and Diddy team should come in with their case because I'm very confused about what that gives. So I want to have a conversation about that because that goes into how I'm feeling today. I'm torn in between the like, you know, of course I'm gonna see it all the way through, but like, I don't know, I just I'm a little tuned out, and I know y'all probably are too.
Speaker 2: It's been Diddy, Diddy, Diddy do di Diddy? Diddy did did That's a crazy look? Diddy Diddy did? Did Diddy?
Speaker 1: That could be a jingle? We should add that into the intro tailor we should add that in. I know y'all are tired of it though, and even if you are not tired of the updates, I think at this point even the most common person who does not follow a law does not underscore standing court breakdowns. It's starting to see the government really lay out their case and it's strong right, it's not put you under the jail. Strong in my opinion, but it is strong. So I'm trying to figure out why the government is even still bringing on witnesses. I think at this point we're just kind of like beating a dead horse.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about that a bit. Let's get into it all right, y'all.
Speaker 1: If I'm being honest, I really don't understand why we are still in court. I feel like I know Diddy's team still wants to present their side, you know, like their witnesses and their arguments and response to certain things, and I actually would, honestly, So maybe it's not I understand why we still in court, why the prosecution just doesn't rest right now. I think at this point they can sit back, they can let Diddy's team come try and debunk whatever they want to debunk, bring on whichever witnesses they want to bring on. But I really think that we've established everything that we need to know and understand for the charges that they are a legend. I still stand by the fact that I don't think that he is going to be under the jail the way did they threw this out there when the indictment first came. But he's definitely not going home. And I was that for me was wrapped up with a bow. Maybe second we could testimonies, right, But yesterday in court we heard the final testimony cross testimony across interviews by Deontay Nash, who is very close friends, best friends with Cassie Ventura but also her stylist, and he spoke to a couple of different things as well to.
Speaker 2: Setting her up with Michael B. Jordan.
Speaker 1: And you know, I think the defense was really trying to poke holes in the fact of their friendship. Like, Okay, so you've been friends with Cassie for all of these years and for all of this time, but for years she didn't tell you about these these you know, alleged sexual encounters she was having, and she never said to you, like basically, she didn't paint this full picture to you. So how credible are you even here as a witness as her best friend? And how credible is what you're saying to us about because Deontay's whole thing was Cassie had always said she didn't want to go to these hotels, she didn't like doing certain things.
Speaker 2: She basically was like on this.
Speaker 1: Like very high high, very low low ride with Diddy because because she was in love with him, and she e everything in her life was controlled and wrangled by him. The defense attorney that was that worked for Diddy, that was trying to, you know, cross examine Deontay Nash. I don't think that they really had a And this has been my thing with them the last couple days. It's like, where's what's your focus? Like what is the point that you were trying to get conveyed to the drawers because I'm a normal person. I'm not a drawer, but I am a normal person like a drawer, and I'm sitting there and I'm like, I don't understand what he's trying to get to. And the one thing that I feel like he finally came around to, which was Cassie didn't have any say, so she didn't have any power, she didn't have a mind of her own, and debunking that. They did a horrible job at it because every time they would bring up okay, so Cassie was able to make her own decisions, and you know, Deontay would be like, I mean yeah, but at the same time, like I've also seen Diddy allegedly be very violent with her. All I understand at this point, like he Deoncey presented it as the friend who you fear for your friend on how bad things get for your friend and needs in their situation. But it's like, what am I going to do besides just be there with you, go through go through the motions of what you're going through. Uh, you know, there were certain times where he was telling cat like there were certain times where even Cassie was texting him like he's mad that I stood up for myself, talking about Diddy allegedly right, and Deontay was like, on the stand, Deonta was like they were reading a text and it was about Cassie seeing how there was one time where they flew into Mexico and Diddy allegedly was so pissed off because she like posted something online or whatever it was. She was standing up for herself in a certain situation. And as they're reading the text message, Cassie's like, you know, it's my turn to be a bitch like I. You know, he's mad when he doesn't get his way, and I'm tired of it and I deserved these vacations because of what I went through. Deontay said, yes, Cassie on the stand, like he's one of those friends that it's like, I know what's happening.
Speaker 2: What am I supposed to do?
Speaker 1: Later on in testimony after him with the woman who testified as Mia, we also learned and Deonta talked a bit about this about like the things that Deonta experienced at the hands of Diddy and Cassie's relationship.
Speaker 2: With being you know berated verbally.
Speaker 1: Mia testified and corroborated, you know, Deontay getting into a physical altercation with Diddy, trying to basically save Cassie from being physically beat by Diddy in her home while packing for a trip. Me alleged Deontay came. I don't even think it was that he came prepared. I think it was more so of a this is my story, this is my truth, and I'm sticking with it, and there's nothing you're going to do to like rattle me, because this was a real thing for us. They even brought up text messages with Deontay where Deontay had text Diddy and said things like, you know, text him on his birthday, text him when kim Porter passed away, and there was a conversation back and forth between Deontay and Diddy when he texted them following Kimp Porter's you know death, just checking it on him, and Diddy was asking him, like, why you didn't tell me about the trainer. He like the trainer, the trainer and my soldier boy Voye and Deontay and the text said, look, Dan got nothing to do with me. Don't do that. That has nothing to do with me whatsoever. And did he was telling him like, you know, if she ever needs anything, let me know. So he was like that middle person. And to be honest with you, I think anybody, any human being sitting in that courtroom yesterday listening to Deonta and seeing how the defense was trying to angle him as this person who wasn't credible because Cassie didn't tell all her deep, darkest secrets to him for some time, or because there were there were like small things that he that I think they brought up text message, like the conversations with Didd. He like basically trying to establish that him and did He had their own relationship and things of that nature. None of that mattered, because what Deontay made it very clear was when I would reach out to him, we had our own relationship outside of that And even with Cassie's twenty ninth birthday, did He planned her a surprise dinner in la and Cassie testified that this surprise dinner actually turned into her being forced, allegedly to go and do a freak off that she did not want to do. You want to just do dinner and then go do karaokee with her friends because it was her birthday.
Speaker 2: Deonta came in and.
Speaker 1: Cooperated that talking about you know, hearing did he and Cassie in a corner, and he alleges that did he was saying, like, you know, you can't do this one thing for me. He also alleges that you know he had heard did he say that? You know that night they were going to it was so funny. He was like when he said that, he was like, your girl gonna get some dick to night, and no whole court was like but he Deonta as a friend, number one, he was a great witness.
Speaker 2: He was very entertaining.
Speaker 1: But as a friend, he assumed that role that I think a lot of people have had to assume at some point in their life where it's like there's nothing you can do to control grown people, especially two grown people in love. Or in chaos or whatever that was, and the defense couldn't there was nothing they could do with it. And I think that they would have actually been better leaving him and not asking Deonta certain questions then trying so hard to get to a point that they were feeling miserably to get to with him.
Speaker 2: But then we move into Mia.
Speaker 1: Mia is a personal assistant, a former personal assistant of Ditties. She also was the person who launched Revolt Films for him, and she was the director of development for Revolt Films.
Speaker 2: And Mia is not her real name. She's testifying under a pseudonym.
Speaker 1: And I just actually made a phone call to ask y and I was told that it's just because it's what she wanted and what she requested. The other witnesses up until this point have not requested it, but her testifying under a pseudonym meant that, like when I tell y'all, they the courthouse was like if David saw you sketching something while she was on the stand, they assumed that you were drawing her face, and they would come over and monitor to you and monitor to everything that you were doing. Like they were so serious about making sure that her identity and you know her infram it like certain things just didn't get out. But they put me on the stand after Deontay and they then began to break down, like how she even got my notebook. How she even began to work for Ditty. So she says that, you know, she was a former employee of his. She began working with him like very early, very young in her career. She had had a couple other jobs prior to him. She had worked for Georgina Chapman. She was doing like red carpet like celebrity dressing. She had worked for Mike Myers, the comedian as a personal assistant, but she says working for Diddy between two thousand and nine and twenty seventeen was probably one of the most She described it as they had very high highs and very low lows. She said that, you know, she was a personal assistant prior to with Mike Myers, but they had a set schedule. Things were, you know, ten to six. She might have to watch his dog on the weekends. And then she got with Ditty as a personal assistant, and things were allegedly completely different, Like she talked about one time not even being able to sleep for like five days when she first started, because she was nervous that she would get a phone call and miss something and she would lose a job. One of the things that I think the prosecution did really well with me it was even though a lot of this stuff that she was talking about we've heard her talk about multiple times, they were able to really paint a more closer picture on things that I think a lot of people are brushing over and not understanding why we're even talking about. Right, Like, so, they've talked to other personal assistants and previous employee employees about just being overworked and being you know, allegedly forced to do things work wise that they didn't want to do, but they were scared to lose their job or their money, or you know, be blackballed allegedly. So she talked about from the jump her very first interview with Ditty. She alleges that there was a woman who was the head of HR and she had been you know, in conversations prior to but her first in person interview. This woman took her to Ditty's home to do the interview that to me was already off. I'm like, why are you interviewing somebody's house, So this is your first interview with them. But I'm like, hey, I've not been a personal assistant, so maybe that's the thing. But she says that she went to Ditty's apartment and Diddy answered the door allegedly in his underwear, and then the woman who was the head of all of it HR for him at the time, introduced them and then left. And I'm like, head at HR introducing you to the person that you about to work for who entered the door on the phone and in his underwear.
Speaker 2: It's very weird, but I already knew.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, they're about to set the scene that people were very complicit. People were they were okay with the environment that was happening. So the environment got worse from day one, and that's exactly what happened. She says that they went through with the interview eventually did he did put on some clothes, and then she got into the job. She says her first week she worked insane, had to switch areas. Guys, sorry, but yeah, so that's exactly what happened. So then as Mia, it's talking about you know, all of the you know, crazy work experiences, right, like they asked her to describe the work environment, and she said that it was chaotic, it was toxic.
Speaker 2: She alleged that, you know, it was exciting at.
Speaker 1: Times, but because of the really high highs and the really low lows, like it was just like, oh.
Speaker 2: Like she went through so much. She alleged that she had things thrown at her, that she was thrown against the wall.
Speaker 1: She alleged that she was thrown into a pool. She alleged that there was an ice bucket thrown in her head. She alleged that her arm was shutting the door, and then she also alleged that she was sexually assaulted multiple times. I will say too this testimony, I think what went into the emotion feeling of like, Okay, this is very emotional, was the fact that normally with the rest of the witnesses, even with Cassie, like she's looking up, even if she's not looking at Ditty or the you know whoever's on the stand, Even tho they're not looking at Ditty or the other attorneys, they're looking at at least the attorney that's talking to them. With Mia, with this witness, she literally when I say she didn't say, she didn't look up at all She did this the whole time as she was talking. She would look up here and there, and look, she was looking at the Florida the entire time. She had a very shrinking, shrunken, timid personality. And then she went into tears when she talked about the sexual assaults. But yeah, I mean they were establishing the fact that she worked a lot. She said that in the beginning of things, you know, she was supposed to be paid when she when she began at Revolt Films, or begin Revolt Films with Diddy, she was supposed to be paid a certain amount of money. It was like seventy thousand dollars at first, and then it escalated to one hundred thousand dollars, and then she was supposed to make bonuses off of like the projects that they did. But she said she never ended up getting any of the bonuses.
Speaker 2: So that's all of.
Speaker 1: Them establishing, like you know, the work environment thing and the forced labor and bring it in the force.
Speaker 2: In that situation.
Speaker 1: Because in listening to that, I promise you'all when I was listening to the stuff that she was saying about the labor things like as far as like she would you know, be in a studio all night. She was put on this trial period to see if it would to be last because the job is so like tough, so vigorous.
Speaker 2: She alleged that she would.
Speaker 1: At one point, she didn't even sleep for days at a time because she didn't want to lose her job. She didn't know if she was gonna be called, and she would be sleep so she would miss the call. When she was saying all these things, I'm like that that reminds me of working in entertainment of fashion, Like that's how my career started.
Speaker 2: Granted I didn't, you know it, experience.
Speaker 1: Sexual assault and you know those things, and I'm not excusing that, but I'm talking about just the you know, the hours that she worked, the fear of like, oh my god, if I don't get this exactly right, my whole career is over. And I'm sitting there, I'm like, man, a lot of this, you know, did he made certain decisions that have blended him to where we are today. But we also should be having a conversation about just the culture in general, and like where things where they are now and where they should never get back to. And I feel like we have had those conversations and things have changed, but I do think that there should be.
Speaker 2: More onus on.
Speaker 1: What was acceptable during certain times as well too. And it made me start thinking of, like, how will a jury think about that? Right, because the jury is mixed with different races, men, women, different age groups. So there are younger people on the jury who will be like, oh my god, working you know over forty hours a week is insane. But there are people of a certain age group where it's like, if you understood what entertainment was and what that lifestyle is, like, a forty hour work week is not even like nine to five is like unheard of, Like I've never any job I've ever had, I've never so And not saying all this to say, cause its not about me, but I'm saying all this to say, as a jury is breaking this down, there are so many outside factors that you have to think about. I'm really interested to see how they determine and what things actually and I know, after the jury like comes to their you know, answers and sensing is done. Normally, what happens is you get a couple of juris that do a couple of interviews following and when that happens. One of the main questions that I would love to hear and answer on is when you have factors like that, like, okay, these are the norms then at that time, even if they led to all of this horrible behavior, this is what was accepted. But these are the facts of how things were horrible, how much ways on. These are the facts of what was horribly done to this person versus what wasn't environment and culture that allowed it to happen. Because basically, what Mia talked a lot about was people being very complicit head to hr you know, overlooking things when people would speak up. She allected to there was a girl named Kayla, and this girl named Kayla, Mia said, look, there was one time where Deontay Nash, who was Cassie's first friend and stylist, Mia and Cassie because she says, she got really close with Cassie, because she eventually became the person that would have to go and like make sure Cassie was okay when you know, when things would happen. She alleged that like when you know Cassie would beat up and put up in these hotels, she would stay with Cassie, make sure Cassie was okay. They became really really close.
Speaker 2: But there was a girl named Kayla who when Deontae Diddy and.
Speaker 1: Mia and Cassie all got into a physical altercation, Allegedly, Diddy came one this was like a Sunday, I remember. Cassie tests a fine about this. She said, it was like a Sunday that went out like day party and West Hollywood type vibes. And then they went back to Cassie's home and she alleges that she was there packing, and while she was there packing, she fell asleep, and she alleges that Didd he was really upset that she fell asleep, and that this was something that happened all the time, like whenever she would fall asleep not be entwer her phones. She alleged that did he would show up, he would be upset, or he would send security or like you know that type of thing. So Mia alleges, did he shows up? When did he shows up? He's pissed off. She alleges that then they get into a physical altercation because he's allegedly beating the hell out of Cassie to the point where he threw Cassie across the room her head hit her bed and he Mia alleges her head split open, and did he then instantly snapped into like protecting mode, like, YO, call Kayla. Have Cala called the doctor, say that Cassie was drunk, you know it fell on her bed, and that she needs to see him asap. So she alleges that all these things happened. Right then, she alleges that that same Kayla person. Right so now cal is aware of what's going on, she knows what's happening. She's calling her doctors, she alleges. Mia alleges that Kayla then went to HR and was like, Yo, this is what's happening. It's not okay. Did he allegedly put his hands on Cassie. Y'all need to do something. Mia says that there was a whole executive level phone call of like people in HR, people in leadership, all of these people who got on the phone and had a conversation about what she knew, what she didn't know. And after that, Kayla was going and they were having a conversation with me about how to deal with Kayla now that she had alleged these things. And I'm like, that's insane because at the same instance, Mia also alleged that there was an incident with Kayla and her that did He set to her like, yo, look because we let her go.
Speaker 2: She's like she's a legend like that.
Speaker 1: Diddy came to her and said, look, because we let Kayla go, because Kayla saw what she saw. If she filed a lawsuit, you're gonna have to testify, and if you have to testify, here's what you should say. And Diddy told her to allegedly did Het told her to bring up the incident that happened between the two where Kayla got a little bit drunk at work.
Speaker 2: She got aggressive, she put her hands on me.
Speaker 1: It was a whole thing, right, And then the prosecution acts like, well, was Kayla fired when she put her hands on you and me?
Speaker 2: It was like, no, she wasn't fired.
Speaker 1: She just we were made to like go isolate together and figure it out. But the minute that she complained about Cassie and Diddy in the alleged physical abuse that was happening, right, she gets fired.
Speaker 2: So me and was building this whole you.
Speaker 1: Know, conversation and filling in more color to the narrative of like when you were in this thing, this big thing that they that they're alleging is happening with Diddy right. There is no I'm getting out, There is no I'm just walking away. There is no I'm gonna just go tell HR or I'm gonna call the police, because they unless there's.
Speaker 2: No real consequences.
Speaker 1: Even when she talked about they asked about runners with the police. When she talked about the three times she was sexually assaulted, she says that she never made a sexual advance on Diddy.
Speaker 2: She alleges that, uh, you know.
Speaker 1: DH, there have been many times where she would work with Diddy in close intimate settings, like in his apartments, in hotel rooms while he's in the bathroom, things of that nature, and nothing had ever happened. So she says she was really confused when the you know, these instances went down.
Speaker 2: The first time, she alleged she was staying at his house cause she was staying at homes a lot because her job was so demanding.
Speaker 1: Her job was his life. So she says that she was at one of his homes and while at one of his homes, she would sleep on a bunk bed, and he came into the bed allegedly and like forced himself on her, and they there was intercourse. The second time, she alleges she was in a closet packing for him and he came into the closet and.
Speaker 2: Forced her to give him head.
Speaker 1: The third time, she alleges they were on a jet and there's like a back area where he would stay where Diddy would stay on the jet, like when he was going to sleep, and there's a bathroom, but it's like kind of in that back area, and she says that she was going to the bathroom and he forced himself in the bathroom Allegedly. She says she couldn't remember the details of what happened after he forced some stuff into the bathroom, and she said that there are many other times, but she couldn't remember everything. And then they asked her, like, well, why didn't you just call the cops. Why didn't you tell somebody? Why didn't you leave all the questions that you think as these things are being alleged, And she's like and then they asked her, you know, she's like, why would I call? Like you don't call the police, And I'm like, well, what was your running with Shawn Combs and the police, And she said one time she was laid the work she was speeding, so the police pulled her over, and she was mad that Diddy was going to be so pissed off at her for being.
Speaker 2: Laid she was gonna get in a lot of trouble.
Speaker 1: So she alleges that she told the cop like, Yo, this is gonna sound crazy, but Seawan Colmbs is my boss. I'm rushing because I can't be late. The cop didn't believe her, so she called Diddy. She says when she called Diddy put Ditty on the phone. She lets the cop fanned out so bad and she was like, go with no ticket on nothing. And then she talked about another time where they allegedly got pulled over. She said it was her Diddy in the car and in the truck sold.
Speaker 2: Other people in the car too.
Speaker 1: She said they were either like speeding allegedly or like driving on the side blind. There were not something they weren't supposed to be doing in the car traffic wise, they get pulled over. When they get pulled over, the cops come up to the car, and she says they ran down aggressively. She alleged to the cops were really aggressive, but the minute they saw Diddy in the car, all of that just changed. So she's like, you know, you get in this system of things where it's like, who are you going to tell? She honestly said, And this was the first person that I heard talk about this, well, my first, because Cassie also said that she was close with Dee Rock and his wife. But Mia said that her and d Rock got really closed, that de Rock was like a brother to her because he was the only person she could go to about the things that she was witnessing and experiencing when it came to Diddy. And yet they just they did the prosecution yesterday. The government yesterday did a job of establishing here's what the re establishing.
Speaker 2: Because they've done it.
Speaker 1: And that's why I'm like, do we need the prosecution the government to go anymore. They've done so much drilling, drilling and dribbling drilling.
Speaker 2: I think we got it. We get it.
Speaker 1: I am interested. At first, I was saying, like, do we even need to finish court? But honestly, I am interested in seeing the defense present their case, like bring whatever witnesses and things of that nature, because right now I feel like that has to be strong in order for that that whole of that whole reasonable doubt thing to open back up, because right now it's like all the pieces to the puzzle are there, honestly, but I am interested to see that.
Speaker 2: And yesterday in court, Diddy's.
Speaker 1: Team made it clear to the judge that even though the government may rest their case sooner than they planned, Diddy's team is not doing that. Diddy team is not gonna, you know, rest sooner. They're gonna, you know, go all the way unto the end date because they want as much time as they can to present their case as they should. I mean, the man is fighting for his life literally, so as they should. But I think that's gonna be the only thing to turn it around, Like when you got a person understand saying, yo, we weren't Cassie wasn't even allowed to go outside and enjoy herself, sometimes without his sometimes allegedly without his permission at all. She talks about her and Cassie having to sneak allegedly to this Prince party like they were in high school, and when they got there, Diddy popped up at the party, not looking for them, but he just happened to come through the party, came through the party, saw them. She alleged he chased them out of the party, she ran and hit in the bush Miya. She alleges Diddy got the Cassie, had Cassie on the ground, was about to go in on her right, about to beat her up, and then she alleged that Prince of Security came and stopped it. The Diddy seam has some work cut out for them, But I'm interested to see it. Like, I'm very interested to see what the what the fight back is because I feel like in the beginning of this they were doing so good at making you think, oh wait, maybe it wasn't the way that it's been presented.
Speaker 2: Now I don't feel like that everything has changed.
Speaker 1: So going back in court today, I won't be back in court today but because I have other work obligations, but court goes back up again today. They're gonna end this is now week three. They're gonna end week three today. They're gonna finish out. They're gonna do a cross examination of the personal assistant who goes by the name Mia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we'll see what happens at this point. Y'all, y'all don't heard how I felt. I want to hear how you guys feel.
Speaker 1: Talk back, get online, at me, I'm Laura la Rosa everywhere.
Speaker 2: I want to hear from y'all. Every episode, I tell y'all because I really really mean it.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day, you guys could be anywhere with anybody talking about these things, but y'all choose to be here with me, all one million plus of y'all, and I appreciate that so much, so thank you, guys. This has been the latest with Laura l Rosa. I'll see you guys in my next episode.