Speaker 1: NFL Game de View is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: All Right, welcome to Game Debut Present about Mercedes, Vince Patrick, Claibahn. Estatic to be here with my dear friends, Greg Rosendalt and Cynthia Freeland. I say dear friends because last week did not go well for almost anybody. Congratulations to everybody who won your Survivor pool. Sorry to everybody who's are It's all over. We're trying to find something different to do Greg for the rest of the early season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I don't want to talk about last week. We're on to Cincinnati proverbially.
Speaker 4: But also some people realistically, if you were the team that's playing them on Monday night, you know out somebody is on to Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: In a little We will move on, but first because we're honest, because we value your input and want to show you sometimes things don't go as planned. Well say that other than that, Miss Lincoln, how was the play?
Speaker 5: I don't know I can think about it. Is that I'm wearing someone else's pants. I don't know I think about right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got someone else's pants, which pant? Sometimes you just got to go with the show that you got.
Speaker 2: Essentially, what happens is when you get picks wrong, somebody comes and removes pants from you, and so we're pants. We're gonna try to earn pants back. All of this, I get picked up a game. Hey guys, So me and Cynthia one game behind Greg Rosenthal who still has the crown. But I will give you a little bit of advanced notice. We had a lot of similar picks last week. Yep, that is not the case. Good Icy, Let's talk some ball. If you knew coming into the season the Saints would have one of the hottest offenses in the league after two weeks, I'd be shocked. One and two, I'd ask for some advice. New Orleans scored ninety one points in two games, which is tied for the second most in NFL history, forty five points a game, ten points higher than the next team. Right now, So the Saints playing host to the Eagles on Sunday, Philly one Saquon Barkley one field goal in the first half away from being two to zero. Who has the edge in this big matchup?
Speaker 6: So I think the Saints do.
Speaker 3: It's a classic case where you're talking about do you trust the first two weeks of the season or the data from last last year in the history. I trust Alvin Kamara, one of the best running backs of his generation. I believe it is going to be a Hall of Famer someday. My eyes told me the last couple of years he still had it, but.
Speaker 6: The team around him didn't have it.
Speaker 3: Now you look at the blocking that is just opening up huge holes from great cohesion in terms of their outside zone running scheme, and what if the Eagles struggled with the last couple of weeks their run defense, They're just getting pushed around on the edge.
Speaker 6: That's where the Saints win.
Speaker 3: When they get a lead, they just give it to a k This Dome is going to be rocking. I trust the first two weeks. This data matters to me. Twenty twenty three, twenty twenty two is over.
Speaker 2: These are new Saints, Yeah, new Saints, but the old talented Saints getting involved in a new system. I like the Saints as well. It's a three point win for me, New Orleans getting to win twenty three to twenty because speaking of days of old, I've seen the Eagles pass rush here in twenty twenty four and it's a rough situation closing moments of the game. Look at Kirk Cousins, Nobody at his feet, nobody around them. This is with under two minutes to go in the game. The Eagles have every opportunity to get the Kirk Cousins. I think of that BG rush against Tom Brady and the Super Bowl. There was the rush that knocked out Rock Party in the game from Hassan Reddick. In the NFC Championship game, no pressure on Kirk Cousins all the way till that last throw. I think, considering how improved things are upfront for New Orleans, Cynthia, I think the Saints score points.
Speaker 4: Well, we're rolling out of the gates here with a prime number. I have the Philadelphia Eagles by one point twenty six to twenty five.
Speaker 5: Play that noise, Play that noise. It's so great. I'm looking at something.
Speaker 4: Interesting about Derek Carr and I love this stat. It's interesting when you watch it because it's been eighty percent of plays have either been a run or using play action.
Speaker 5: That's where they've had success. The thing is is we don't know what happens if they're not playing with the lead ninety one points you don't need to worry about it, but they need to worry about it.
Speaker 4: Watching Derek Carr here and I love what I'm seeing. It's very fun. I like the swagger. It's fun to watch Alvin Kamara. But I'm looking at the football facts and saying, the Eagles are going to take this one, look at the data, and they're going to stop their run.
Speaker 5: That's the choice they're going to make.
Speaker 4: And then what happens when the play action isn't working as well and the run game isn't working as well? Are you going to have those past concepts? Is it going to be the same model? Says one point win in favor of the Eagles.
Speaker 2: Well, I like it. We got different picks, so finally, finally we enjoy fun. We got more fun in our next game. A couple of teams they were able to get it done in the closing moments Monday Night. Yeah again, Kirk o Chains looked so much better than he did in Week one, ultimately finding Drake London for that game winning seven yard touchdown. Well comes next to the defending Super Bowl champs Sunday Night in Atlanta, also blinking the physiological requirement, We will blink but can the dirty birds keep the champs from rolling on undefeated? Grip?
Speaker 3: No, the Chiefs are going to get to three and oh twenty four to seventeen. Sometimes you just got to go with greatness. Of course, maybe the greatest quarterback of all time, Patrick Blumbs and one of the greatest tight ends of all time, Travis Kelsey. Let's just look at all of his pastic plays. Kelsey such a key part of the Chiefs offense. But wait, are all these plays from twenty twenty three? Yes, they are, because we haven't seen any plays in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 6: What is happening?
Speaker 3: Travis Kelcey had won cats for like four yards last week, didn't really do anything in week one when I asked for a highlight package for this season that there is nothing. At some point Travis Kelcey has to crank up those old bones and get it going. I think this is the week to get it done. The linebackers for the Falcons are not strong Travis Kelcey.
Speaker 6: They hear people talking that he might be a little past his prime. They're gonna get the all.
Speaker 5: Do you crank up old both? I don't know, anyways, I do.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at this when I have the same winner, the same score for the Chiefs, but I have a little bit closer game. Twenty four to twenty one is my final score. Remember last week we were like, if only Kirk Cousins would manage to use play action. Well he did, he did eight times, and guess what happened? Not a lot when five of eight fifty two yards no touchdowns like okay, and then without play action was where all of.
Speaker 5: The action happened. So we were wrong. I was wrong. Craig was wrong.
Speaker 3: I mean, he didn't really move outside the pocket at all. I still think it's not a great thing when you're and you're.
Speaker 6: Picking the Chiefs.
Speaker 4: I'm picking the Chiefs, and I'm also telling you that it's a really good week for Kyle Pitt's touchdown just because of some tendencies for the Chiefs defense. But I'm saying on the other end of it, the Chiefs end up victorious in this matchup.
Speaker 2: Kyle Pitts was open for a touchdown last week, and Kirk threw it to Mike Trout in the back of the zonne For some reason. I like that score so much, Cynthia, I'm gonna take it as well. I've gotanked twenty four twenty one Kansas City Chiefs as well. I understand the Chiefs were dealing with injuries and there's that spot in the regular season where they historically have a little bit of a lull occasionally. But here's the Falcons defense. Yes, the Eagles are a good offensive line, but through two weeks, the Atlanta Falcons defense are number thirty two in pressure rate in the NFL. I need you to be better if you're gonna play against Patrick Mahomes and try to get a win, preferably with four people. Maybe send somebody else if you want to. But that's dangerous with Mahomes that it makes it tough for me to pick the I.
Speaker 5: Know something funny, guess who's thirty one?
Speaker 2: Who's that the Chiefs? Oh points for everybody, Kirk Patrick, congratulations, I gotta have some opportunity. Let's check out some player props on this one, Patrick Mahomes. Looking at that one and a half passing touchdowns, seventy two and a half rushing yards for Jon Robinson, and almost seven catches for Reshoot right, I.
Speaker 3: Mean forty eight point five receiving yards? Is that for Kelsey on the season? So far, he's not even there.
Speaker 2: Get him, Greg, go? Greg is all about the old boats. Oh, Travis Kells, get that carbon rator, crank up those old bones. Let's get to the Ravens and the Cowboys. Dallas shockingly boat raced by the Saints last week while the Ravens just playing a shocked by the Raiders. Which team rebounds on Sunday?
Speaker 4: Since your team does Baltimore winning this one twenty six to twenty for I like a lot of things about this game, but specifically Derrick Henry to overcome what will likely be something that takes a little bit of time. That's the fact that three of the offensive linemen for the Ravens are different this season. That's sixty percent. That's for you right there, Greg. But ultimately, what do you do when you have pressure? Old coach bek, you run right at pressure. Raw so run right at Micah Parsons. With Derrick Henry, I think they did not bring him on this team not to use him, so we saw it kind of get going last week against the Raiders. I think that continues against a Mike Zimmer defense that I'm still confused as to what we're going to see you throughout the season.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we don't Mike ap Parsons as good.
Speaker 6: Though I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: I just don't think Mike Zimmer has the players like the they're bringing in defensive tackles off the free agency wires. Some are going to injured reserve Lynn Val Joseph is there. I got the Ravens winning this game for much of the same reason I like it when Cynthia and I are.
Speaker 6: On the same page.
Speaker 3: I got him winning by a touchdown, and it's because of that run defense.
Speaker 5: Fisty.
Speaker 3: You want to know where they are according to Next Gen stat against inside runs where bed last in the entire NFL. You know where they are in red zone defense against the run.
Speaker 6: Dead last, Ben last.
Speaker 3: You know who's pretty good running inside, Derrick Henry and Lamar Jackson, by the way, and it feels like, you know who's the best red zone weapon I've ever seen that quarterback Lamar Jackson, who's great in the red zone, it's Derrick Henry. Like, I just don't think the matchup works. I don't think they got the players at linebacker or defensive tackle for Dallas.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm so glad that you guys are confident, because I was not confident in making this pick, although I will take the Baltimore Ravens by one point twenty one to twenty because of what Cynthia mentioned, there's real issues up front and at some point at oh to two, the Baltimore Ravens are going to need to figure out the terrier of that offense a lot of specifically on the right side. But then I'm thinking about what the defense is dealing with. And Dallas, whether through personnel or also schematically play calling was feels too, have just punted on running the ball, making running the ball an afterthought, making things a little tougher on back in the offense. For those unfamiliar with Next Gen stats and the expected yards per carry, They've got years of data on where players are located on the field. You hand off and then see where the player has the handoff, and they give you how many expected yards that you will have on a particular play. Dallas has negative sixty one yikes.
Speaker 4: Negative sex Negative is bad, okay for a defense, negative is good.
Speaker 5: For an offense, negative is bad.
Speaker 3: So I've also got next Greg stats and I've been doing this show a while. We've been watching football a while. Have you ever seen a John Harbough team go oh to three. When you see a team as talented as good as the Ravens, do you think Lamar Jackson's ever going to be owing three? Sometimes you don't have to get like too smart about it. They're just not going to be oh and three. That's not a bad way to pick games.
Speaker 2: I hope we never see that moment of Greg saying that again. I would not like to have to revisit that, considering the options that are available. We're just getting started here on game debut. Coming up, a battle of undefeated squaring off in Minneapolis. It's Shroud versus Sam Darnold. Two potential future Hall of Famers are picks for Texans Vikings. Coming right up after this quick break, it's time for the Drive to Excellence presented by Mercedes Benz. The Charge and Steelers in Pittsburgh, both teams sitting at two and O. Justin Herbert dealing with an ankle injury. Who gets to three and oh?
Speaker 4: Cynthia the Pittsburgh Steelers get to three and oh with a twenty two to nineteen. When I love a good twenty two because everyone seems to be so excited about them.
Speaker 5: Why because of TJ. Watt, of course TJ.
Speaker 4: Watt, who's had three pressures and exactly three pressures in the past two games. When you're watching what come off the edge, it's just a nightmare for any quarterback in this situation. And I know Joe Alt's been Grady's four pressures allowed in fifty one drop backs, which is wonderful, but let's be fair, what is a different animal. He's the hardest to defend for even the most seasoned of veterans. But lining up across from a rookie, like you know, they have that like welcome to the NFL moment, that is this is going to be his welcome to the NFL moment.
Speaker 5: Hey, rookie, wasn't that the show? Whatever?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is gonna be fun.
Speaker 5: Thanks are gonna be great.
Speaker 2: So you got a three point win. I've got a two point win for the Pittsburgh Steelers. It's still a win, though, And I'm thinking back to the early days of picket to Pickens and it's like, oh, we're having all this fun, and there's the literation and now it's like, wait a second, was that just George Pickens? This is what he does and justin fields and he are leaking up and making a lot of plays even if they're not showing up in the stat but sheet. We've had a couple of long DEPI calls. They were going right at Patrick Swutan a week ago. Since the start of last season, he leads the entire NFL in yards where the expected completion percentage was less than fifty percent.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 2: I think this is a game where big plays can swing it, and our trusts the Pittsburgh Steelers can make those plays. I don't know if the Chargers are gonna make big plays in this one.
Speaker 6: Great well, they've made big plays in the running game.
Speaker 3: I look at these two teams and only one of them can run the ball.
Speaker 6: That's the not the San Diego Chargers, the.
Speaker 3: Los Angeles Right, they got two great coaches, but only one great quarterback in Justin Herbert. As long as he plays, I like the Chargers to win this game seventeen to fourteen. Now I go through why the Chargers are better, and I can hear you all the way from Pittsford, but the Steelers have the great defense. So to the Chargers, these are the top two defense in the league right now. Joey Bosa is having one of those seasons. When you watch him this year, you realize, oh yeah, when he's healthy, one of the very best players in the NFL.
Speaker 6: Khleio Max still getting it done.
Speaker 3: Pass rush from the interior, and in terms of their depth, it's been fantastic. I like their secondary. So to me, it's two great defenses. It's two offenses that haven't been so great through the air, but one team that can run the ball. That's the Chargers, not the Steelers. Let's just Greg it up. I just s gregged you a win Steelers in Week one. Now I'm going against you. It's a just Greg revenge game.
Speaker 2: Greg, giveth and take it away? How does Greg feel about your team? Find out next week the.
Speaker 5: Third person talking against me every time.
Speaker 2: We're gonna see if this is a trendy Greg going back and forth on the Pittsburgh Seels. Another team has jumped out to a two and zho start, the Vikings so far, no Kirk Cousins, no problem for Kevin O'Connell's squad. Indeed, Texans, Vikings both undefeated. It's stroud. It's the Darnald Hove buzzing in all of our ears. Something's got to give here. Cynthia who walks away from this game undefeated.
Speaker 4: The Houston Texans walk away undefeated twenty four to twenty. I'm looking at my college friend Brian Flores.
Speaker 5: He's just a lot old with me. Just kidding, he's just a little with me, but he loves the blitz.
Speaker 4: Since he entered being their defensive coordinator, no team has blitzed more than his. When I'm watching this team and then I watched c J. Stroud, I would recommend to him because I know he's watching our show.
Speaker 5: Maybe don't blitz him so much. Because CJ.
Speaker 4: Stroud is very good against the blitz. I understand perhaps without Joe mixing, things could look a little bit different. I don't care. This is not an opportunity. His splits are ridiculous against the blitz, so maybe find another option in this matchup.
Speaker 5: The trend is not your friend in this case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got a four point win by the Houston Texans as well, twenty three to nineteen. Pressure, of course, being a key theme in this game. In one place the CJ. Stroud is able to go when the pressure amounts is to Nico Collins, who was having a great start to the season. I'm just a general great start. Great when CJ is under pressure. He's been targeted five times this season. He's caught every single one of those passes for one hundred and thirty five yards and a touchdown, including one that he finished emphatically in the end zone against the Chicago Bears, which was one of my favorite plays from last week, far and away eclipsing the rest of the roster in that stat They're both very good. I think they could score more. I've got the Houston Texans Greg.
Speaker 3: I struggled with this pick. I went back and forth all week because I think st J. Stroud's outstanding. My son Walker is now a Texans fan somehow.
Speaker 5: Wasn't he a Jags fan?
Speaker 6: No, he was never a Jackson.
Speaker 3: But I'm going Vikings in this game twenty seven to twenty four. Look, I think the Texans are going to have a better season, have a better team overall. But I can see it on Monday morning us asking how are the Vikings three and know how are they doing it? With their linebacker play and this defense and Brian Flores that I just think cooked up a very similar offense in the forty nine ers and Brock Purty and it's a challenge that CJ. Stroud and this offense has not yet seen. And there's just something going on with this team early. Like I said, I think the Texans have a better season. But look at the linebacker Blake Cashman flying all over this field. It's a Blake Cashman revenge game. He did great for Demiico Ryans last year, and yet Brian Flores is using him in all sorts of creative ways as a pass rusher, in coverage, in terms of his run defense, this defense, to me, has a chance to.
Speaker 6: Be really special.
Speaker 3: They're really smart, and I just think Texans go about thirteen and four and this is one of those four vikings get the win. Let's just scrag it up again twice in a row.
Speaker 2: Not just Cashman. We got Daniel Hunter in a revenge game as well. Jonathan Grenard a lot of revenge in the air in this one. So per the early picks on the show, at the very least, we're not all gonna have a bad week. At the same time, von Wiga Football, let's look at some of the highest over unders coming up in Week three. The Lions and the Cardinals number at fifty one and a half following up on the Eagles and Saints and then Raven's and Cowboys at forty eight. So let's dive right in to that matchup at the top Vegas expecting plenty of points. Kyler and company obliterating the Rams last week, did they keep it rolling against Cynthia's Lions grit?
Speaker 3: Not exactly, but I think Kyler Murray keeps it rolling. I have the Lions winning this game thirty three to thirty one. So that big number we saw fifty one. Ever, I feel better about that number getting obliterated than I.
Speaker 6: Do either of these teams winning. They're both fantastic.
Speaker 3: Kyler Murray is playing quarterback at a level that maybe no one else is matching right now in the entire league. He can make the plays inside a structure, he can make the plays on the move, and he's certainly making plays outside of structure. One of the most special just talents in terms of his running and his passing ability. We've been waiting for a season like this from Kyler Murray. I think it can last throughout the course of the season. There's been hot stretches before, but I think the foundation of this offense and what Drew Petsig is doing can last, and I think they're gonna be one of the top five offenses in the league.
Speaker 6: But it's not enough to beat your li.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is how you know I pick with a model and not my heart, because as a Lions fan, I'd be superstitious and be like, they're not gonna win.
Speaker 5: I don't even care if I lose whatever.
Speaker 4: I have Detroit winning twenty seven to twenty three this week. And I want to alert you to some people that maybe you don't know as well, and that is the linebacker level of the Detroit Lions defense. We know about Alex Azeloni. He's got some great blonde hair, he's wonderful. He may or may not be playing. So may I introduce you to Derek Barnes and to Jack Campbell. Jack Campbell's the guy who was drafted in the first round, and I me Cynthia Freelan was like, Oh, they.
Speaker 5: Over drafted a linemack.
Speaker 4: That's okay, it's working out for them right here. This is going to be a big deal in this matchup. You talk about why Kyler Murray is so great and why this offense could be so great. Well, Number one, Kyler Murray's always a threat to run the ball. And number two, they're using thirteen personnel really really trickily, so three tight end sets. And one of the ways to counteract that is to have a really good linebacking cord to say, I see you're thirteen.
Speaker 5: You're not gonna get beat by me.
Speaker 2: I'm looking over at the offense. It's unanimous. I have a Detroit win twel oh no to twenty six.
Speaker 6: Though thread in the dah.
Speaker 2: Well, I thought about I thought about changing this, but then I thought about what happened last week. The Detroit Lions out gaining, doubling up the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in terms of yardage, but still losing the game. And right at the end of the first half, the kicking teams coming out on the field, the offense is trying to get going. They're trying to get the ball spike Dan Campbell. Immediately as soon as the halftime interview comes up, he says, that's on me. I messed up. I callst our team. I'm not taking this from a motivational standpoint. The Lions have had to play two teams that they just beat in the playoffs this year.
Speaker 5: There's so much familiarity to Cardinals, and.
Speaker 2: There's gonna be so much attention to detail. After Dan Campbell himself acknowledges his mistake, I think the team picks up and I think they run the ball pretty well. Again.
Speaker 6: I'd like to see you try to mimusk Cardinals fans.
Speaker 3: Let's go, well, yeah, what it means, somebody switch it.
Speaker 5: I don't want that, like nothing against the.
Speaker 2: Cardinals, but now if it helps, Cynthia, we're not going to determine the game. Let's get some quick fix here on game deview. The Packers and Titans in Nashville. Green Bay taking care of business last week, No, Jordan Love. Now they got to go and win on the road, Cynthia. Do they do that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: They win twenty one to twenty.
Speaker 4: I want to point out something that maybe we've forgotten here, and that's the Green Bay Packers defense leads the league in interceptions.
Speaker 5: And we know one thing for certain, and that's that Will Levis. He's a high stakes poker player.
Speaker 4: He's either going to hit you a home run or he's striking out. And I think in this case that doesn't match up well with what we've seen from this Jeff Halfley defense another area where I was like, I didn't know what we're going to see.
Speaker 5: Turns out we're going to see a lot of smart.
Speaker 4: Risks and a lot of the ability to take the ball away being in the right spot. Interceptions can be fickle, but placement is a good deal.
Speaker 2: Greg Jess work it up, Bi Gregor Dolphin Seahawks in the Great Northwest. Skyler Thompson's starting for the Fins while Tua's out. Does he get a dune grin?
Speaker 3: I love the Seahawks in this game twenty seven to seventeen. Gino Smith is playing outstanding football so far this season, right there with Kyler as one of the best quarterbacks in the league. And that's the spite get seeing a lot of quick pressure in his face. That might happen on Sunday, but both of these offensive lines have been giving up a lot of quick pressure. The difference is Skyler Thompson is starting at quarterback for the Dolphins.
Speaker 6: It's gotten a little lost in this shuffle.
Speaker 3: The Dolphins offense did not look right when tuatungue of Ilo was out there, and that's only going to get worse with their backup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're all in the Seahawks last one Jacks Bills on Monday Night. I've got the Bills maintaining their win streak and this one twenty four to twenty two. Jags have been in every single game this season. I don't think it's out of the range of expectations for them to come up and win this game. But early season, Josh Allen's were taking care of the ball. The Bills are in top five and turnover differential. Jacks have made a ton of mistakes. I can in good faith pick them to go up to Buffalo and get a win, but I'll do I do think it's closer than some folks might think. As we look at the forty nine Ers and the Rams. The first touchdown score odds Jordan Mason leading the way with Kylin Williams right behind him Brandon aut Because some folks were playing for the forty nine Ers, Dwan Jennings and DeMarcus Robinson. That game gonna take place about eighty seven feet behind Cynthia next door at so Far Stadium. Sand Friend trying to rebound after last week's lost to the Vikings while the Rams are just trying to save their season. Who comes out on top.
Speaker 4: Cynthia Niners come out on top twenty four to fifteen. I'm just gonna give love to Fred Warner here. Why well, number one he's playing so we can talk about him, and number two. I don't know if people understand just how good he is. So if you're looking at wind share at his position, he is like a full like probably one of the bigger. It's hard because it's not a very big number in general, right, like wind share for quarterbacks only five. So like when you're talking about the difference between a tenth of a wind share point that is massive even though it doesn't seem.
Speaker 5: Massive, but it is asked by a lot huge.
Speaker 4: Difference between the next closest guy in the run versus pass.
Speaker 5: Like he's a huge difference maker. We just love Fred Warner here.
Speaker 4: And you know, it stinks that there's so many injuries in this game, but I love watching Fred Warner.
Speaker 3: Doesn't matter, right for all the injuries that the forty nine ers have, And it sounds like George Kittle also probably out of this scheme. They still have great players like Trent Williams and Brandon Nyuk and Brock Purty, but how about the role players like Juwan Jennings stepping up. You talk about season the moment. Who grabbed Juwan Jennings off the waiver wire this week? It was me and I think he's gonna have the best month of his career. There's a reason why they gave Juwan Jennings a big contract this offseason. Yes, he does all the dirty work in the blocking game, but he's a very talented catcher of the football over the middle where Brock Purty likes to throw the ball. They have great chemistry from their three years together, and I think he's gonna have a big target Shair. Brandon Nyuk is really not quite himself yet. Juan Jennings, why Jenniver one, Let's go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like every third down Brockberty is gonna throw the ball to Juwan Jennings. I've got to San Francisco win as well. Twenty three to twenty. My main hope with this football game is that everyone's okay after this, because the total feels a little bit high with everybody going down with injuries. Greg and I were in the news, were completing with Sean McVay late in the game against the Cardinals to just take Matthew Stafford out of the game. He was pressured on thirty seven percent of his dropbacks, sacked five times. Those Niner injuries are on the offense. Defense remains mostly intact, including Fred I'm gonna take the Niners.
Speaker 3: You'll note, though, Patrick and I both have them covering this spread here. This is a great rivalry where the forty nine ers almost always come out on top, and it's always really competitive, even for some bad Rams teams.
Speaker 6: I think they keep it close.
Speaker 2: So Ramley meme away. We hope the Rams all come back healthy. That was seized the season presented by Caesars Sportsbook, download the Caesars Sportsbook app and official sponsors of the NFL. New users place your first bet up to one thousand dollars. If you lose, you'll get it back as a bonus bet. Use promo code TV one thousand, must be twenty one or older c Caesars dot Com backslash promos in order for to get the full terms. The Bengals just one play away from upsetting the Chiefs in Arrowhead last weekend. Forty eight seconds left, fourth and sixteenth, Dejon Anthony gets called for this pass interfere. It's al Rashia Rice giving Casey a first down. A few plays later, Harrison Bucker nailed a fifty one yard game winner. So now because of that, since he sits at zero to two, they play host to Jaydon Daniels and the Commanders on Monday Night Football. Do Burrow in company finally get the ship right at here?
Speaker 6: They absolutely do.
Speaker 3: Not only do they win, they put a thirty burger on the board.
Speaker 6: Is that a thing?
Speaker 3: Thirty three to twenty three? So they get over the seven points because Joe Burrow is back. It got lost in the penalty at the end of the game. That hey, that quarterback of the Bengals we were a little worried about coming out of week one.
Speaker 6: He looked like the old Joe Burrow in week two. T Higgins might also return in this game.
Speaker 3: But the most important thing is that Joe Burrow looked confident in his wrists, was throwing the ball deep.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 3: Again, I think this is one of the worst defenses in the league. If I had to rank who has the worst cornerback group right now in the league, it might be Washington. So that is a huge mismatch against this wide receiver group and Joe Burrow a lot of points for the Bengal I have.
Speaker 4: Twenty nine to twenty in this matchup in favor of Cincinnati. One way to counteract maybe the passing game on your defense being not as great is to run the football, especially between the tackles.
Speaker 5: Somewhere. We saw last game Brian Robinson.
Speaker 4: He had one hundred nine yards between the tackles on ten rushes. Can you do the math, it's ten point nine per rush. Yeah, you got it.
Speaker 5: There we go.
Speaker 4: But ultimately the point is is between the tackles has been a source of strength for the run game. So if there's an area that you would like to target the Bengals, I sat in these seats and said, I love that they picked Chris Jenkins to kind of help the DJ reader whole, But you know what, he hasn't played yet, so ultimately they're still missing some of that run stopping defensive power that we're looking for, which means Brad Robinson Junior is a full send for your fantasy needs.
Speaker 2: I like this matchup as well. I think Jane Daniels in the offense are going to score points. The trouble is that defense, the Washington Commanders that we're talking about it's a three point win, I've gotta have having a mc fearson field goal to make it twenty seven, and then the command to get some points late. Perhaps you could consider them garbage time points, but ultimately look at.
Speaker 6: Why projecting garbage times?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because look at what the first two weeks have been like. If you're Malik Neighbors or Mike Evans, you're feasting. How some of the best games receivers has had this entire season through two weeks, we've only had two weeks their number thirty two in passing efficiency defense to make it worse than the number twenty six team in terms of pressure rate. For those who are concerned about Jamar Chase early on in twenty twenty four, I think this is an opportunity for Jamar Chase and Joe Burrow to get things figured out. So it's a meme fest for the Bengals. Let's get into some more picks the Bears and the Colts. Caleb Williams Smith most of his time last week running for his life against the Texans Indies still looking for win number one on the year. Do they get it? Greg?
Speaker 6: You know what, they're not looking for a running game they've had it this whole time.
Speaker 3: They're gonna win this game by doing what they've already done twenty four to twenty.
Speaker 6: The Colts are not going zero and three. They're too talented for it.
Speaker 3: Jonathan Taylor and Anthony Richardson have and getting it done on the ground.
Speaker 6: This whole time.
Speaker 3: We expected a great offensive line. It's been great. Jonathan Taylor. After a Week one where I didn't quite see the explosion that I wanted, I thought ran very well in Week two.
Speaker 6: Let's build the whole plane out of this running game.
Speaker 3: I know you don't want to run Anthony Richardson fifteen times a week every week, but how about this week against the Bears, who really aren't built to stop the run.
Speaker 6: They're not that effective stopping the run.
Speaker 3: They're fantastic against the pass, and the Colts are a little erratic that way.
Speaker 2: So this is a game.
Speaker 3: Just run the ball, get this win, get to one and two, and everyone's happy, at least everyone that picked them.
Speaker 2: Like me, Well, you've got a four point win. I agree in the standpoint of the Colts winning the game, but we're taking completely different routes there because I don't think it's running the ball. I think it's the big play. The big play from Anthony Richardson helps them score the points. And on the other side, the Bears have a real issue in protecting Caleb Williams. It is significant time after time again against the Houston Texans, he was getting smashed. The Bear offensive line surrendered twenty three pressures on forty eight dropbacks and the math has been done for me. That's forty seven point nine percent. She was doing it in her head while I said that. Eleven quickly press lines as well makes it very, very difficult. I've got the Colts twenty to seventeen.
Speaker 5: So hey, have you guys been reading the injury report? No?
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, I have Chicago winning this game twenty two to twenty one.
Speaker 5: Why because when you can't stop the run, it all becomes much more difficult.
Speaker 4: I've seen Forrest Buckner, he's been on okay report and Leatu.
Speaker 6: Latu that's an issue.
Speaker 5: That's also an issue.
Speaker 4: They're also just absolutely let Joe Mixon and Josh Jacob's feast. DeAndre Swift good pick for fantasy this week. I think that's going to be a very smart way to get Caleb Williams out of some of the trouble we've seen, especially on third down.
Speaker 5: Their down's been an issue. Not gonna lie, I'm not gonna pretend it hasn't. But in this case, I think we get it. Maybe it's a DJ.
Speaker 4: Moore first touchdown through the air for Caleb Williams. I don't feel strongly about it. It is a one point win, but I do think that I see the path and I understand. I understand my own maths.
Speaker 2: As it turns out, there is well between the Colts not stopping anybody on the ground and the Bear's not getting something going. Something has to give between these two teams. The Bears actually a third game of the year against the third AFC South opponent of the year. They'll wrap that up on October thirteenth when they get the Jags. Look at some more quick picks here on game debut quick Fix presented by Zillo. The zero to two Broncos against the unbeaten Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Baker's been balling. Does he keep that going? Great?
Speaker 3: He does, because his defense got to keep it going against bow Nicks. It's tough to watch this Broncos offense right now. The Bucks win this game twenty three to seventeen, because bow Knicks has no time to throw. Sean Payn's asking him at the line of scrimmage to make a lot of the protections and identify free rushers, and.
Speaker 6: He's not really doing that well with it. He's a rookie.
Speaker 3: Count on your offensive line to do that. Maybe help him out a little bit, coach, because he doesn't look comfortable. And when you're not comfortable, the last defensive coordinator, defensive play caller you want to see is Todd Bowles, who's just gonna send all sorts of crazy pressures at bow Nicks and probably cause a.
Speaker 6: Lot of turn on.
Speaker 4: I mean, they've been having creepers at the highest rate.
Speaker 5: They've been doing all these advanced things.
Speaker 4: But also know Mike mcglinchy along the O line for the Broncos, that is a massive problem.
Speaker 3: I was being generous giving the Broncos seventeen points here, so I just.
Speaker 2: Wanted to say that, Yeah, Greg is always generous.
Speaker 5: That's what we think about.
Speaker 1: Greg.
Speaker 2: Let's go to our next game, the Giants and Browns in Cleveland. Hopefully the g Man have found a kicker that they plan on allowing to kick the football. How do you see this one playing else.
Speaker 4: To think Cleveland wins this one twenty four to seventeen. I want to talk about a guy that we haven't gotten a chance to talk much about this year, and that's Amari Cooper. This is the Amari Cooper turn it around. Let's see the end zone. Big game for Amari Cooper. I love the injury report this week that says that maybe the tackles are going to play, because that has been the problem for this Cleveland offense.
Speaker 5: They've just been under a ton of pressure and just let my guy, Amari Cooper get the ball.
Speaker 4: Well, it's so fun to watch him be good, and this is a great defense to match him up against to kind of get back on track again, especially if the starting tackles are playing.
Speaker 3: Okay, so when we picked these games, we picked the winner, but we also picked the spread, and actually the Giants plus six and a half is one of my favorite picks of the week. I wasn't ready to go the whole way because it's Daniel Jones versus this defense, but I've watched this Brown Steam enough that they're just not good enough to be a six and a half point favorite against anyone. I feel like they're seven point their offense. Their offense to me is not trustworthy. It just feels like a low scoring, ugly game. Every Browns game is going to.
Speaker 4: Be like, like, do you think Jerome Ford then is gonna be like hey, He's gonna call me and be like, hey, that guy, Greg, he's so not generous with me.
Speaker 5: That guy's the least generous person I've ever seen.
Speaker 6: He probably will they'll run the ball with.
Speaker 2: Passing Jerome despite what he says about the offense, Greg is generous. This is not maybe debatable. Let's go to our last quick pick, Andy Dalton and the Panthers going to Vegas to take all the Raiders, and I like Las Vegas right here to keep things going, get their two game win streak twenty three to nine. In fact, we've gone in using technology and got highly edited video featuring Andy Dalton starting for the Carolina Panthers, just kidding, it's real, it's last year and he lit it up. He had two touchdowns, one listening garbage time. He threw the ball fifty three times. That's gotta be good for at least nine points.
Speaker 6: Is this being Are you being mean to Andy Dalton?
Speaker 5: Just wait, Andy, Dalton.
Speaker 4: I will say one thing, you could potentially play these wide receivers in this matchup because they're gonna have to throw the ball and Andy Dalton's much better again zone coverage than the guy who got bench right. Bryce Young had eight interceptions when facing zone. So I you know, you could potentially look at some wide receivers if you think they're gonna score more than nine points.
Speaker 5: Yep, you don't, then don't play the receivers.
Speaker 2: I lost a whole bunch of games picking the Carolina Panthers last year. I'm not making that mistake in twenty twenty four. Folks, get out your pins and your paper. When we return, it's time for write this down. We are dishing out bold predictions week three. Stick around like ctb's gloves. When we come back, you're watching Game DEVIUT presented by Mercedes Bits. The time for write this down. As we get to some predictions for week three, start us off ground.
Speaker 3: So I'm going with Brian Robinson Junior going over fifty rushing yards. And if you've been watching this show closely, you might say, didn't Cynthia just talk about Brian Robinson.
Speaker 6: Yes, kids, One of.
Speaker 3: The smartest things you can do in school, find the smart person and then like copy them because they're gonna be right. The Bengals have nothing in the interior. They were bad defending the run last year. Then they lose DJ Reader, then Sheldon Rankins gets hurt, then BJ Hill gets hurt. I mean, I like the Washington Commanders to run all over this Bengals team. Robinson has looked like a player reborn this season. I'd put him over one hundred yards in this game. Forget about fifty.
Speaker 4: Wow, well just go with fifty, then take that. I learned something by not taking it. I'm gonna take my medicine here, I said. Brock Bauers touchdown last week. Well call me some Martindale here, because I'm going to go doubling down with the strategy. I think he's not only going to have his first touchdown this week, but he's also going to have at least four receptions and at.
Speaker 5: Least forty four yards.
Speaker 4: Last week, he became just the third tight end in the past ten seasons to have over nine receptions and ninety yards in a game. So it is very conceivable that in this matchup they're going to say, sorry, we didn't get you that end zone. Look, here's your red area of medicine.
Speaker 5: Please take it. It will see you in the end zone.
Speaker 2: It's so funny the tight end coming into the league and being like, hey, this guy could be one of the best, and then.
Speaker 3: He's already he might be in a mass I'm putting bracket number one right now.
Speaker 2: Why not. Speaking of numbers, I've got a number for you. It's fifty yards again for Jamiir Gibbs. I think Jamier Gibbs is going to go over fifty yards and Cynthia's win saying, but I'd be willing to take David Montgomery going for over fifty as well. I think the Lions are going to run the ball against the Arizona Cardinals in the desert. Cynthia's look of concern and consternation can be wiped away. The Lions are good. It's just hard to consistently beat teams that are good, teams that kept their coaching staff that you just beat in the playoff. Cynthia, it's difficult.
Speaker 5: I'm with you. I'm just it's just very nervous.
Speaker 3: You ever you ever watched this backfield though, and think, what what would it look like? We just gave Jamir gives the ball a little more.
Speaker 5: I mean it seems like so good, but also like Sam Laporta, like can we milk crate? Like I need him.
Speaker 4: He's on a milk cart, and I need him for my fantasy team too, Like this is the problem when you have teams you're actually good.
Speaker 6: It was better too many good players.
Speaker 2: You see to look on a concern on her set face, Ben Johnson, it's timed under stream.
Speaker 5: Just helping the book here. Please, I'm getting wrinkles.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: We're gonna help you out. Our picture definitely gonna be better or last week. Thanks for watching game debut for Zenda Bar Mercedes Bins, for Cynthia and Greg and Patrick. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 1: NFL Game Deview is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.