Speaker 1: There we go com.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Monday Show Morning Studio Morning.
Speaker 3: So recently we're talking about AI and Elon Musk and the robots and the selfless cars. There's just driving with nobody in there whatever, and it's met with some rejection like I don't ever want to get in a car without a driver.
Speaker 2: I don't ever want a robot living in my house.
Speaker 3: But what I did is I collected all these things that we felt the same way about we as society back in the day, and then what it's turned into.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I know, it's just we're gonna look dumb.
Speaker 3: So why don't we go first with the Internet, which we use every day in many ways and it's not perfect, but the Internet has been probably the greatest dimension of our lifetime. When the Internet started in the eighties, tons of people were either skeptical or saying it was going to lead to very bad things. I'm gonna play you a clip from the Today Show in nineteen ninety four when they're trying to describe the at sign.
Speaker 2: This is on the Today Show. They have no idea what the internet is. Go ahead, but.
Speaker 4: There it is violence At nbcge Com.
Speaker 1: I mean, what Allison should know what do you say internet?
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 4: Internet is that massive computer network, the one that's becoming really big.
Speaker 2: Now, what do you mean that's how does what do you write to it? Like mail?
Speaker 1: No, a lot of people use it and communicate it.
Speaker 2: I guess they can communicate with NBC writers and producers, Alison, can you explain what internet is? And they started to talk about how it was going to ruin the world. That's funny. So they're like, I don't think this is good. And okay, the Internet has been a it has been great for us.
Speaker 3: There's the bad stuff happening, but overall a huge net game. Next up, some of these are really funny credit cards. When the credit card was first introduced in the mid twentieth century, Americans will weird the concept of buying things on credit because it's not even your so they're just gonna steal every everything's gonna be stolen because nobody's going to pay for anything. There was a cultural reluctance to engage in debt purchasing because again, everybody's gonna steal everything. And so now credit card is in credit. It's a big foundation of just our modern financial system. And so here's that clip from Burger King. Remember when they were Burking's like, we're gonna take credit cards.
Speaker 2: This is from nineteen ninety three, The Home of the Whopper is offering cash or credit. I think it's pretty bad if you have to use a credit card when you get a fast food restaurant.
Speaker 1: For something as little as three dollars and ten cents.
Speaker 2: Burger King bosses state workers won't have to figure out how much change the customer gets back.
Speaker 5: I just hope it doesn't slow things down at the cash cash and carry that people are going to be having to call in New York and get the confirmation or you know, whatever it is, because when I want a whopper, I want it now.
Speaker 2: Just another way to spend money.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it'll work for people in vacation when they don't have to do something, but I can't imagine it working on a day to day basis.
Speaker 2: Here. So far, the smallest credit has been for two dollars and fifty cents, largely just over ten Jamie Costello News Channel two.
Speaker 4: People hated the credit card, but you know, at the beginning it was tough because they'd have to put on a carbon copy thing.
Speaker 2: And slide over it that's the only way they would take it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, physically, But I'm saying the idea of it was people didn't like it because overall people were gonna get this stuff for free and they never paid for it, which is gonna hurt the economy because they have a bunch stolen stuff.
Speaker 2: And prices are gonna go up. It's ridiculous. So it wasn't even about the use, like how you would do it day to day. It was about just the existence of getting stuff on credit. I don't want to fight for Elon Musk here, it's just for technology in general.
Speaker 3: How we just try so hard Likens didn't feel good. We don't want driverless cars. They're all gonna die and they're gonna play us doing this in like fifteen years, Like, can.
Speaker 2: You believe the idiots? Do you want another one? Yes? Automobiles.
Speaker 3: When cars first emerged in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, complete skepticism, waste of money, time, waste of factory space.
Speaker 2: Because you had horses, they were more reliable.
Speaker 3: Cars were so dangerous because they would run over humans, or horses weren't running over humans. They weren't really fast enough to noisy impractical. So, I don't know if you know this, but the automobile industry exploded. Do you have an audio clip of this one? Because we never believe in the car.
Speaker 2: People thought cars were bad because of I don't know these things. They could hit a human, kill them. Who's going to pay that? We have perfectly good horses while were trying to cars? Yeah, do you want another one? Yes? Yep. Electricity.
Speaker 3: When electricity was first introduced for residential use of late nineteenth century, all of the dangers of electricity.
Speaker 1: Death, fire, fire, well even by can cause fire.
Speaker 2: Too.
Speaker 3: Many people thought it was unsafe and unnecessary because of the power electricity being used wrong would kill people.
Speaker 2: Wow, I don't know if you know it thrived? Yeah, you imagine living without power.
Speaker 3: And it was with the same reluctance like we don't want this, we don't need this, Like we already have something that works our way.
Speaker 2: We don't need crazy. I have a bunch of you want to do one more?
Speaker 6: Ye?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Television.
Speaker 3: When television first became commercially available in the nineteen thirties, people viewed it as frivolous and extra harmful. Some critics believed it would distract from more intellectual pursuits like reading, and that people wouldn't read. We become dumbers of society and they're you know, and they did.
Speaker 2: Even know about reality TV back then. Yeah, they had no idea about real world.
Speaker 3: And my point with this I wanted to start today's show with this, is that you can either embrace it or get run over by it. And the more you're like these driverless cars, more and more is gonna happen. They're gonna get safer and safer, and we'll look back and go dank. Can you believe we didn't think that was cool? Or we didn't And that's just example things that we use now where people thought felt the same exact way about that.
Speaker 2: Then it's pretty crazy looking back. I let to start the show with that. We've been doing a lot of learning in the first segment here. I like that. I like bringing a little something that's fun to learn because I'll learn because I'm getting ready to give to you guys, Anonymous sin bar. There's a question to be because well, man, hello, Bobby Bones. I have an opportunity to go on a weekend long trip.
Speaker 3: With a friend to a lodge in Canada. But I don't know if I should accept because my wife is seven months pregnant. She's pretty self reliant, and I know she wouldn't stop me from going. But I just don't know if accepting the invitation would be insensitive to her current condition. What do you think? Should I stay or should I go? Signed adventurous husband. Now, before I get to an answer.
Speaker 2: In anyway, whatsoever, I'd like to share a story with you about my friend Lunchbox, whose wife was nine months pregnant. Well what nine? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Nine, not very nine, very nine nine, not seven nine?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just you went on a little trip.
Speaker 6: I went on a Dachler party to Las Vegas and had a three day bender with my boys where we drank and drank and drink and.
Speaker 2: Just forgot how pregnant what she? I forgot maybe eight months? It was okay, go ahead.
Speaker 6: And then the day after I got back, she went in labor and so I was still like recovering from Vegas. So I was falling asleep in the delivery room, drunk and then hungover like exhausted. I mean, we were staying up all nights, you know, doing the whole thing. So my suggestion to you is go go. This is your one last shot to go in and explore it's.
Speaker 2: Not your one last getting married and because our life chance to go crazy. No no, no, that was before you got in a serious relationship.
Speaker 5: So you but this.
Speaker 2: You can still do stuff like this forever.
Speaker 6: This is a once in a lifetime invitation. He said, Uh, it's harder to go when there?
Speaker 2: Did he say that? He says, I be an opportunity on a weekend trip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you said up a lifetime in Canada.
Speaker 2: I think you heard that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe I put done those words, But I think a weekend is no big deal. It's harder when the baby gets here. She's gonna need more help when the baby is here than when the baby's not here. And if she goes into labor, you get on a plane, you'll be home and plenty of time. First babies take a long time to come out. Okay, so go.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give advice with absolutely no knowledge of the situation in anyway whatsoever. Uh, just human dynamics. You know your wife, you say she's pretty self reliant. Now you do say she wouldn't stop me from going. You did not say she's encouraging me to go. There is a difference. You know your wife. If she says you should go, like and she's serious about it, then I think you should go because we should allow other people when we ask them, we should allow, we should accept their answers. But if she's like, you should go, but it's gonna, then don't. If there's a button there, there's any sort of hesitancy with the should go, I probably wouldn't go. However, if you ask somebody a question and they say yes or no, you should accept that as the answer unless you're very close to them and you know there's a hidden meaning behind it. But if you feel like she really means it, then I think you should go. But if she's like, yeah, I think you should go, just nope, if there's any it's just or but nope.
Speaker 2: But if she's like, really, go, I think you can go.
Speaker 3: With seven months now, Eddie, you've had you've had multiple pregnant wives. Excuse me, you've had a wife that's been pregnant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead. So I mean, look, you're gonna be married to her, like you're married to her. This is your wife.
Speaker 4: This trip, he says, a weekend, a weekend trip's come. You can take whatever weekend, do whatever, Go to Canada whenever you want.
Speaker 3: Do not risk this at seven months, even if she says it's okay, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know what self reliant means, Like does she need you around? No, but she maybe wants you are around.
Speaker 3: Maybe my answer she maybe does, but she maybe is like, no, I really want you to go for you because you're going to be awake every night for we kind of And I know Amy feels like I do about and I struggle with it probably more than Amy does. When people say something like take them for what they say, unless you feel like there's something hit underneath it, but you don't you think seven months, don't go just even if if she wants you to.
Speaker 2: Look people go into early labor all the time, but now all the time is where most people's not Do you want to miss it? They're not going to miss Does this guy want to miss the birth of his child? That is your opinion. You have more knowledge on it than me.
Speaker 1: We're in the States. Where in the country is because how far is he from Canada?
Speaker 2: Doesn't it doesn't Edie's going town in Texas too far.
Speaker 7: You still could have a plan to come back if need be. But I feel like if you're going worst case scenario here, which is no way to live.
Speaker 2: So she says he should go. He should go? Why Okay, hold on, Amy's talking going.
Speaker 7: Because I think a weekend trip is still okay, especially and I think when I hear self reliant, I think, like, Okay, she's having a typical pregnancy.
Speaker 1: Some women maybe on.
Speaker 7: Bed rest, and it would be a really bad idea to leave her at seven months. But if she's that fine, able to, you know, do things on her own and doesn't need your assistance, then and she says take the weekend, like Bobby said, with no like it's fine or butts, then you should take them at their word and go, because that's how we should all learn to communicate.
Speaker 1: I'm not always good at it, like say what you mean? We would say, but.
Speaker 3: And I feel like when I say something, I want people to take me for that. But when people say stuff to me, I'm always like I don't know, and I try to accept from them what I'm giving.
Speaker 2: It's hard, but lunchbox, go ahead.
Speaker 6: There is only three percent of babies are born premature.
Speaker 2: You want to raise percent. That's ninety seven percent that are going to be fine. You can go for a weekend.
Speaker 4: It's not a big deal in months, not a Yeah, it's why you plan the odds when you're dealing with the birth of your child.
Speaker 2: You play the odds of gamble every weekend for five years with the money of your children. That's right. Yeah, I think about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's fine.
Speaker 2: I think it's fine too. If you think she's fine.
Speaker 1: Unless she says it's fine, exactly right, it's not fine.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's go to the voicemails. Here we go.
Speaker 8: Please bring back your Thursday game.
Speaker 2: Of Amy versus Lunchbox or Money o versus. It was one of the probably the second most popular game behind Easy Trivia, So we'd really appreciate it.
Speaker 8: If you could bring that back. I know me and all the listeners hope to hear it again.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I enjoy Elder versus Millennial. We had just played it for like two years straight and just wanted to give it a little break.
Speaker 3: I think the elder is phenominated all the All the elders died and so now we only had millennials. H Yes, eventually we will a little inside baseball here. We play a lot of games on the show. Sometimes I have to go we're playing too many games. We got to cut back on the games. Wow, it's like number one like artists with number ones. We can't play all the number one songs. Yeah, I mean it's like we only have a limit about of space, so it's like we can't do a game every hour.
Speaker 2: I would love to. That's cool. So sometimes I'm like, I'm like, let's just cut back in games a little bit, but we'll get back into the face and we'll do those games again. But I appreciate you saying that because it lets me know people actually want to hear it, and that helps me. All Right, give me one more. I have the money, Connie.
Speaker 7: How they treads get on the internet?
Speaker 1: They log in by lobby?
Speaker 2: I left some phl every lining, Thank you very much. How do trees get on the internet? They log in? Oh maybe you didn't hear it, Yeah, got it. That's a good one.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you calling, and I hope you get to hear that on the airs pile of stories.
Speaker 1: Okay, Bobby, this sounds like something you would do.
Speaker 7: A drive through line cutter in California got instant karma because the guy he cut off to cut in front of decided to buy in and out Burgers for every car behind him. Pretty funny, ya, a little joke like, okay, fine, you cut me, then I'm gonna treat everybody else but you.
Speaker 2: I hate a line cutter.
Speaker 3: I mean, if I were ranking him in order, pedophiles, racists, line cutters, Oh they come a third, strong.
Speaker 2: Third murderer, murderers for oh, in front of murderer. But it is so inconsiderate, Like it's just so rude, like I'm more important than you or better. Yeah, I and people that are late under murderers. Sometimes you have to be late. I get it because things happen.
Speaker 3: But if you're someone who's consistently chronically late, you're doing it because you feel like your time is more important than the people that are already there waiting on you. Right, It's okay to be late occasionally life happens. But lets people that are don't have a problem with being late. You know what, I'm moving above murders, late people than murders. Oh wow, yeah, it's my system.
Speaker 2: I own it. Okay, what about if you just sit there with your signal light on and somebody lets you in? Is that all right? Please be more descriptive.
Speaker 1: I know what, if you have your signal lighting and they let.
Speaker 2: You in, that's not kind of as being let in. Right. So I say, you're late, right, and you're in trappid and if you're moving faster, that's fine.
Speaker 3: But if somebody lets you cut, and you're all been standing in line for twenty minutes, like you're at the freaking buckle, just waiting to pay for your pants, and it's one one person at the right, sure, there's nine people deep, and you're got like, oh my god. And then somebody goes, oh, I know, John, he's up on spot three, go and cut in front of me.
Speaker 2: No, that suck. That's not cool. Yeah, not cool. Pedophiles, racists, line cutters. I said what I said, go ahead, all right.
Speaker 7: So if you make your bed every morning, there are a lot of benefits to that. I mean, I started doing it a few years ago.
Speaker 1: I love. It just kind of sets the day up. Right.
Speaker 7: Well, this doctor is going viral on TikTok because he says, okay, fine, make your bed, but wait thirty minutes or so after you get out of bed to make it.
Speaker 1: Because if you sweat and bed at all and.
Speaker 7: You're making it right up, you're creating this host place for stuff to multiply, and you want to make sure that dries out a little bit.
Speaker 2: Before make your bed. You make your bed right after you wake up. Yeah, that's weird. From one night when I left alone, I would if I did. I don't know. My wife's still asleep, because I'll be hilarious. I make you go with her in it. It's all tight. No, I need you to wake up. WI we move you on please. It sounds like someone just wants some TikTok to.
Speaker 7: No, he's saying that you're giving a spot for dust mites to survive and reproduce.
Speaker 1: So just let it air out. If you are a nice life?
Speaker 2: Yeah, are we so good? All of a sudden, what else?
Speaker 7: Lifetime announced there it's a wonderful Lifetime holiday movie lineup yesterday and it's kicking off November sixteenth.
Speaker 1: And among the twelve.
Speaker 7: Movies that they talked about, there's one that's coming that's inspired by Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce. It's called Christmas in the Spotlight and it's about a pop star who hasn't found mister Wright, but then she meets a professional football player backstage at one of her shows and he says, hey, I've had a crush on you, and then they start dating.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's what I'm not going to like about this movie.
Speaker 3: Well, when they cast people to like football players, these football players can't throw or catch in it, it runs the whole movie. They're all active and that some of the air of Hernandez stuff, and that's a terrible show.
Speaker 1: I would have never noticed that. I watched that stuff, and I don't notice it.
Speaker 3: They are that you can get better athletes to do this stuffuse they can't throw or catch or they just kind of cam. But they're supposed to the Wes Welker in the last episode, who they're like, Look how dynamic he is.
Speaker 2: Bro looks like me trying to catch at three yard slant.
Speaker 7: Speaking of you on movies, did we have an official update on your Christmas movie?
Speaker 5: More?
Speaker 3: We talked to Morgan one still I don't even know what her update was, but I know that I'm not doing I guess the movie's not happening.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what it was. I couldn't remember the execute.
Speaker 2: That's it. Yeah, I said yes or no, but it's not happening right now because the little.
Speaker 1: But if this was your role? Were you supposed to drip askelzy.
Speaker 2: I would get mad at me even playing football players, because although I'm pretty.
Speaker 3: Athletic, they need to cast actual athletes. Do you know once Keanu Reeves was so good and I think that was an uncessary roughness. No, the replacement replacements, thank you. He played quarterback. He was so good and he trained for like six months going into it that there were a couple of teams that were like, hey, not that they were going to give him a spot, but they should come try out for our team almost the Vikings.
Speaker 2: Wow, I didn't know that. That pretty cool, all right, that it made.
Speaker 1: That's my pile.
Speaker 2: That was Amy's pile of stories. It's time for the good News box. It's back.
Speaker 6: JD and Kat have said their Hunted House will be back for a seventh year. They live in Corpus Christie, Texas, and every year they set up a hunted House in their front yard.
Speaker 2: Free to the public. Come on, and they get thousands of visitors every single year, and they just spend their own money on it.
Speaker 6: They spend their own money because they say, hey, it's a free, safe place for families and teens to come and we will do it as long as we can keep.
Speaker 2: It in our front yard. It's pretty cool. And I say free, and they gotta pay the lecture bill in there. Yeah, so they're spending money to do that. That's pretty cool. We'll get for that.
Speaker 6: I do wonder if my buddy Oscar, who lives in Corpus, if he's ever been.
Speaker 2: Hit him up? And they tell us tomorrow we'll do it had seven b segments.
Speaker 6: And it reminded me of then my parents should have been a tell me something good because them and the Dollars.
Speaker 2: One year they set up a hunted house inside the dollars house. Oh my god, this'll be a seven segments tomorrow. They had all the kids come through in Halloween. It was amazing. They said it was the hardest they never did. They only did it one year.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's even more impressive about this samely?
Speaker 2: Yeah no, yeah, I'm wildly bored, but I like that first story.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it was named hey, top Halloween destination by the scare factor dot com.
Speaker 2: It's really cool that people are doing that with throwing time and money so other people can enjoy it. Oh yeah, that's the whole key, right, Yeah, yeah, yeah to let us know. We'll get right on it. I will, all right. Uh, that's what it's all about. That was telling me something good on the Phone's Jarra.
Speaker 3: She wants an update from a segment that we were too scared to talk about at one point.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jarra, morning morning. What's going on?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 8: I have a question for you, Bobby and lunchet. So a few like a year ago, you and Lunchbox invested in a storage unit and it was something in there that you guys said that you did not pop about. So now that some time has passed, I was wanting could you tell us.
Speaker 2: What it was? I think maybe we can. I need to check with my business partner. Yeah, I'm okay with it if you are.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 3: Lunchbox and I a storage unit, meaning we didn't know what was in it. So we spent like one hundred and eighty bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can see a few pictures online, but you didn't know from as far. Yeah. So then we go through it and we found all kind of stuff, shoes, and we made a pot. We made a little money off of it. He's made like nine months to get my money. Jordans. You made your money back?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, And then some we sold those Jordans for like two hundred dollars. I think I made a couple hundred bucks product.
Speaker 2: It was baller. I'm so we're thinking about getting another one for I haven't thought about the yet. So, but from that, there was some stuff in it that we didn't want to talk about because we didn't want to have anything happen to us. What do you want to say, just so you say exactly what it was. There was a cases of bullets, but they were like four or five missing. Yeah, and they weren't a shotgun shells. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I remember the caliber. No, I never messed with him. Were there any guns in there?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 6: Well, first we found the bullets and we started freaking. I was like, oh, no, that means there's a gun somewhere here, because there was only four or five missing. And I don't think you just missed four or five unless they were used somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't think it had to be like a murder murdering somebody. But based on they were, they were not they were not. No, No, it was somebody who was on the wrong side of the law at some point put a bunch of stuff in there. Some of them. We don't know if I have stolen or not. It reaked of uh yeah, there was paraphernalia, yeah, got you. Oh.
Speaker 3: We didn't want to say any of that because we didn't want them to know that we had their stuff and them come shoot us, right right.
Speaker 2: Right, it's smart. Yeah, but the five bullets missing was really like, oh my gosh. Didn't the bullets missing didn't scare me that much. It was just why bullets? Why the drug stuff? Why a lot of the clothes? Very nice? Yeah, very nice, very nice. So we were like, there's probably somebody was up to no good. And in Lunchbox's mind, when he saw the bullets missing, he probably felt like, oh, well those were used for something bad. Yeah, now you're involved, because that's your step.
Speaker 6: And then I thought, okay, I'm going to uncover a gun in this box. I thought I'm going to get it into an investigation.
Speaker 2: All that. Well, no investigation, because right right now I'm saying I thought that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but even if you found a gun, I had to call because that means that that gun was used up and they're hiding it.
Speaker 2: Storing it. You probably would have turned it in. Yeah. Oh well, we did know. We just sold on the black market, my little profit. That's where you get Oh no, I mean I said that out loud, but that's what it was. There was some drug stuff in there. There were some bullets in there. There were some really nice clothes in there that reflected.
Speaker 3: But maybe someone would wear if they were using bullets and having drugs. And there was one jacket that I was just like, oh no, the jacket was wrong.
Speaker 2: With the jacket. It was like a resting peace jacket. What's a rest in peace jacket? Like a straight jacket, like a funeral like a bulletproof one of his friends had and they had like a montage of pictures. Oh I never saw that. Yeah, so like one of his friends had died, there our lunch pictures on him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they had he in there. I guess they made jackets. And they said from what street? And I was like, oh, oh, oh see you think that? Okay, I see what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So that's why we didn't talk about it. It's definitely a little cloudy. Do you understand why we didn't talk about it? Though? Sometimes listener would be like, what do you bring it up?
Speaker 3: And most states we want to be reminded like, I'm glad I called and reminded us. And two we wanted to give you the guys the full context, but we were going through with it jar, So that's the full update.
Speaker 2: Do you feel fulfilled by us giving that answer? Yes?
Speaker 5: I do, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, wait, and my name is not Lunchy, Yes, it is right, it's Lunchy. It's babe. It's whatever you wanted to be. He Now, did you understand why we didn't tell you right away?
Speaker 8: Yes, I absolutely understand. Thank you so much for taking my call.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for remembering that and asking us about it, because we might have forgotten about it because.
Speaker 2: We were scared to talk about it. And I did hand the bullets over to someone else, someone else like law enforcement. Yeah you did. You took them to the cops. Well, now, why are you being fishy? Where did you put the bullets? Security? Oh, I'll let he goes, he said, I'll handle it. Yeah, Tims probably out there with him right now, protecting us. He's target practice. He's out there. Come on, bring it on, all right, I have a great day. All you have to just get the kids. Riddle right. The example was what goes up? It never goes down.
Speaker 3: So we looked up all these kids riddles, and let's see how long the adults in the room can get them right. You'll have ten seconds to answer after I asked the question the second time, Amy rough first, riddle me this.
Speaker 2: What has many rings but no fingers? What has many rings but no fingers?
Speaker 1: My phone?
Speaker 2: One second into us, she yielded phone. That's good, that's correct. All right, I was thinking like the Olympics. Oh good, that'd been right. Oh wait, pretty good.
Speaker 3: Next up, lunchbox. What word in the dictionary is spelled incorrectly? Only one word in the dictionary is spelled incorrectly?
Speaker 2: What is it incorrectly? Correct? Dang, that's good. I would have never gotten that. I almost said wrong, Eddie. Yeah, you measure my life in hours, and I serve you by expiring. I'm quick when i'm thin, and I'm slow when i'm fat. The wind is my enemy. What am I? It's a long one. I'll read to you again, though. You measure my life in hours, and I serve you by expiring. I'm quick when i'm thin, I'm slow when i'm fat. The wind is my enemy. What am I? Riddle me? This man? This is tricky. I feel like it's an hour glass. But how is the wind affecting that? This is a dust in the hour glass? Let's just go hour glass. Do you guys know? I'd say cloud because the wind, but I was I have no idea. It's the candle.
Speaker 1: You measure me about oh five hours of burn time.
Speaker 2: And money goes away against job? And then what about the thin one? Quick? When it's thin, burns down faster. You got the hardest one, that's tough, one that was deep? All right, good luck, guys. Fine, Amy, take one out and scratch my head. I'm now black but was once red? What am I? Amy, don't say that. Take one out and scratch my head. I am now black, but once was red. What am I? Riddle me?
Speaker 1: This once was red? What's red that turns to black?
Speaker 3: Take one out and scratch my head. I am now black, but was once red?
Speaker 2: What am I? What?
Speaker 1: Take one out and run my head a mosquito?
Speaker 2: Incorrect? It's a match.
Speaker 1: Oh, take one out, scratch my head.
Speaker 2: I'm now black. What do you scratch your head with the No, don't you scratch its head. It's considered the head of the man that tough. Amy, Yeah, I agree, lunchbox. Ye for the wind the wind man, or if he gets it wrong, we're all back in. No, you're out, you're out.
Speaker 1: Just be me in lunch.
Speaker 2: Why have cities? I have cities but no houses. I have mountains but no trees. I have water but no fish. What am I a map? Correct? Twitter? Hey, that was easy though. The hate, I figure not hate, that's pretty easy. I feel jealousy too, but it's not except little jealous. They're very hell of you. Oh I don't know what that means. Oh, hater and jealousy. Got it? Riddle me that, Riddle me that not a riddle. He wins.
Speaker 3: Say what you want about him. I mean, say he doesn't smell good. Say he doesn't take care of him.
Speaker 2: I don't shower very hard like a lot. Yeah you say a lot? Who says I don't work very hard?
Speaker 3: I'm just saying. You can say that, you know that, but you can't take this away from you. You are the riddle champion. Yeah, go ahead, lunch box. Oh, don't blow your voice if you're sick. If you're sick, shots, let me take care of his voice.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. It's me working hard. That's h okay. Common food myths that aren't true.
Speaker 3: Number one, if you chew gum and you swallow it, it stays in your stomach for seven years.
Speaker 2: That is not true.
Speaker 3: It actually comes out pretty quick. There's no truth to this. I don't know where it started. It takes gum about a day and a half, like anything else to go all the way through. Isn't also gum weird?
Speaker 2: It is weird, Like what is it? Yeah, it's least like you put it on. Yeah, just chew it and gowhere.
Speaker 3: It almost feels like it's a workout, like if they if they just had marketed gum as a jaw workout a long time ago.
Speaker 2: It tastes good. I think that it works too. You think if you chew a lot of you get bigger jaws.
Speaker 1: Bobby for Shure watch, Yeah, like ten pieces at once.
Speaker 2: Exactly a.
Speaker 3: Little controlling them day. Next up, the myth is eating celery actually burns calories. So if you eat celery, because it's so few calories, you actually lose calories by eating celery.
Speaker 2: Ever heard that? Yes, not true. I mean, eat celery that's fine, but you're actually not gonna lose calories by eating something. Okay, but they're probably good calories.
Speaker 1: Celery has a lot of good qualities.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even like calories. I like eating celery. The crunch is, what does it for me? Next eating turkey causes drowsiness? Yes, yeah, yeah, what's a college box? Trap a fan? Close?
Speaker 1: Trap a fan?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: No, you all you're jumping into all right, everybody in the pool. Hey, water's warm. Trip trip to fine, everybody's get a little deeper in the water.
Speaker 6: We like it.
Speaker 2: Tripped a fan, See we're there.
Speaker 3: According to popular perception, turkey contains tripped fan, which the human body converts to Sarah and then to sleep. Scientists have discredited this idea as tripped fan can only cause drowsiness if it's taken a loan. Oh, turkey contains some, but it also has tons of other assets. It kind of ea fALS it out.
Speaker 2: So they say, if you're sleepy after you're done eating Thanksgiving, you just ate a lot. Yeah, And if you eat a lot at any time, it's not even gotta be turkey.
Speaker 3: You're probably gonna be a little sleepy because overeat. These are all myths. Next up, eating raw cookie dough is a severe health hazard if there's eggs in it.
Speaker 2: Myth.
Speaker 3: What eating raw cookie dough generally is not deadly just for the sake of eating raw cookie dough. Now, it's true that undercooked dough could have salmonella thanks to raw eggs and flour if it's there's raw eggs and flour in there. But the odds of you go in to getting cooked cookie dough at the grocery store that's already kind of cooked.
Speaker 2: Here's fine, Okay, it's the whole thing.
Speaker 9: Wow, you see that all the time as a kid, And did you ever die? No, my mom told me I would exactly. Fruit loops are all different flavors wrong, just colored differently.
Speaker 7: Wow, we feel like we're tasting something different though after we see the flavor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it says blueberry. The color, it's the color of blueberry. Next up, coffee stunts children's growth.
Speaker 1: Yes, myth.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're all myths.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, but like I still believe that.
Speaker 2: It turns out there's no scientific evidence that coffee directly affects a person's heighten anyway. Huh, it's never been a thing. Next, you should wash chicken before you.
Speaker 1: Cook it, No, because then that gets the stuff all over your kitchen sink.
Speaker 2: That's true. But what are we worried about my kitchen sink that can get sick. The sink gets sick. Who cares?
Speaker 3: Mostly it's about bacteria, and they're like, wash it all the bacteria. But if you're cooking it, the bacteria it cooks off. Yeah, only a couple more. Eating carrots improves your eyesight, Yeah, I heard that one. It turns out carrots can't actually sharpen people's vision. To be fair, the connection between carrots and eyesight not totally made up. The root crops contained vitamin a's like the roots with the crop, but not really the carrots so much so if you're like, my vision's bad, I'll eat a carrot.
Speaker 2: No, get your eyes checked. That's what you should do. Eating chocolate causes acne. Don't say it is.
Speaker 7: No, I'm not gonna say yes, but eat the sugar that potential ane believe.
Speaker 2: It turns out there's no scientific consensus that chocolate plays any outbreaks in any acne. Chocolate alone doesn't increase a person's risk of developing acne. Scientists quick to point out there other factors like hormones, hygiene, genetics, sugar. Sugar is not listed here. Brown brown eggs are healthier than white.
Speaker 1: Eggs, Mad, what about blue ones?
Speaker 2: There's a blue egg? Yeah, I don't think that's an egg gamy? Then why it was the difference? Why Cadbury, That's not really the same kind of egg.
Speaker 1: I've seen them on TikTok.
Speaker 3: According to conventional wisdo and brown is better than white. Science has just proven that nutritionally no difference between brown and white eggs. The only difference is to shell pigmentation. Certain hens breed different pigmented eggs.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 6: I see the brown ones, that's the stored I'm i gotta get those. Those are better for me, healthier, Mad.
Speaker 1: I think we've been convinced of that.
Speaker 7: Like even when it comes to rice, it's like, oh, I better get the brown, right Mad, I'm.
Speaker 6: Gonna stand in the grocery store by the eggs. Now when people get the brown black, are those healthier?
Speaker 2: They're like no, No, okay, there you go, we could do that. It's time for the good news.
Speaker 4: Jack and Erica have been dating for over two years now, but Jack lives in Nashville and Erica lives in Houston, so they've been long distance. They've been flying on the weekends, back and forth, back and forth, lots of money, lots of miles.
Speaker 2: So when Jack decided to pop the question last week, he was I know exactly what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 4: He talked to the airline United Airlines, said hey, I want to do something special. So they got roses for all the passengers on board, and when they landed in Houston, Eric.
Speaker 2: Was there waiting. All the passengers came out and gave her roses. She's like, what is happening? So funny? And then Jack comes out. He gets on one knee and proposes, that's ball.
Speaker 1: He said, yes, I mean I've never heard of anything like that.
Speaker 2: I've not heard of something like That's so cool. That's like something from a movie. Then somebody still. So let me ask you this though.
Speaker 4: If you're connecting flights and you're like, oh man, I do have like an hour? Should I help Jack and take a rose?
Speaker 3: You don't have to know you can run and you don't know Jack, But most people are just gonna do it because they're getting Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's.
Speaker 5: Like that.
Speaker 2: I like that. That's what it's all about. That was telling me something good that slipped me off yesterday. So I was driving I rarely get flipped off. I'm not Amy, You're not You're not any Yeah, you know, I about to drive. You want to see someboy get fliped off just following me down the road for a couple miles.
Speaker 1: That's an exaggeration, but yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well I'm driving and I'm in this lane and this guy's in the lane next to me. He wants to get over, but that cars front and back of me. I can't move. The car's front back of me. So he starts honking, and I'm like, are you hawking at me?
Speaker 2: I don't even know. I'm just driving whatever. And then he takes his one and that and flips me off, and I'm like, I didn't do anything wrong to what you do? Nothing? I just kept driving. Oh no, you didn't flip my back.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 3: He was in a big truck, which meant a big truck, and it was camouflaged, so two things definitely don't do it. One probably had a gun and two probably a small pp that makes him want to use that gun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I just confused why he's flipping me off, Like what was it?
Speaker 3: I could do nothing and add cars in front and back and if he wants to get over that's on him.
Speaker 5: You know what you do.
Speaker 2: You hit your brakes and you slow down and you get behind the car that's behind. That's all. I never get flipped off and hold on to that one for a minute. Yeah that's not a good feeling. Man. I never want to like chase him down or fight them or anything. I didn't have the road rage.
Speaker 7: I just have to have compassion for them, like I wonder what's going on in their life and makes them react that way over something so silly.
Speaker 2: Mostly it was like, man, it felt bad for him. He got it, got a little peepee, a little peepee. Let's go do the corny, Come on, the mourning corny.
Speaker 1: Why did the ghost quit his job?
Speaker 2: Why did the ghost quit his job?
Speaker 1: They kept making him work the graveyard shift.
Speaker 2: That's good, that was the mourning corny. Women who give birth after forty years old four times more likely to live to a hundred.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like maybe it gives us something to live for.
Speaker 2: Maybe it does something to your body you're caring for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you start care of starts over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's cool. I just made that it starts the over.
Speaker 3: According to research, women who give birth after forty are considered four times that's significant more likely to live to one hundred compared to those who had children at a younger age. This finding is based on studies analyzing and they talk about where people are from ages all that. Some researchers theorize a woman who can see later in life might have better overall health and genetics anyway, which allowed them to have a baby later in life.
Speaker 2: Makes sense.
Speaker 3: I get that, which would also contribute. So it's not having the baby that actually makes them live longer. It's that if you have a baby at that age, it probably means your body is younger than what your age is.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, got it.
Speaker 2: That's pretty interesting.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, my brain went to, like you got your working towards some things.
Speaker 7: You stay working because they say, like when you retire, you kind of go downhill a little bit.
Speaker 2: Older tomorrow, they'll die tomorrow. I would love to get I'll take that chance.
Speaker 1: An active mom and you're older, you're continuing to work.
Speaker 3: If they said if you retire you'll die ten years after you retire, would you still retire tomorrow?
Speaker 2: No, No, for the next ten years that you get to live alive?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, okay no, but give me like thirty more years. That's probably it'll be when you retire. Anyway. Maybe that's so.
Speaker 1: I could still maybe have a baby and lived to a hundred.
Speaker 2: Yes, you could maybe have maybe only.
Speaker 7: Because doctors could never figure out why we couldn't get pregnant, Like there wasn't a specific it's her problem or his problem problem.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you now. I didn't want to say it for a long time. But sex, they tell you about that. I mean, that's how baby happens. You don't just get married and want to again. I know this is a weird place to say it, but sex, Okay, sex does that. Yeah, I'll tell y'all. I'll tell y'all tell me that. I know. I know. I'm sorry. It wasn't my place. It wasn't my place, but sex, okay, all right. And that is the end of the first half of the podcast. The end of the first half of the podcast podcast the first time on the podcast. You can go to a podcast to or you can wait till podcast to come out.