Speaker 1: Welcome to Insider's Guide to the Other Side, a production of iHeartRadio. Hi y'all, I'm Julie.
Speaker 2: Hi there, I'm Brenda. Welcome to Insider's Guide to the Other Side.
Speaker 1: Now, y'all need to know that we are obsessed with everything on the other side.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are, because once you learn to navigate the energetic, or to some the invisible world, life is going to be more fun and much more serene.
Speaker 1: Uh heck, yes it can, because let's be honest, br in, earth school is hard.
Speaker 2: In fact, you taught me that let's crush Earth school together.
Speaker 1: Well, hello, my witchy, oh pooh boy, did you have some trivia for me today? But we'll get that in the second. How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great, my off, and how are you well?
Speaker 1: It first starts you blew my damn mind. Yes, you're in the house. This is actually the first time I recorded from our primary residence. So after eighteen long ass months of congratulations being untethered, we are in our home. So I'm in the casita. I'm about fifteen paces away from the tombstones that I found about eight nine months ago. But I have to just share with everybody. You blew my mind. And maybe everybody knows this, but you and I were talking about our moms, and like, my mom was way in she loved pork chops. It was her thing, and she liked it with mint jelly, all this kind of stuff. And you share that you just gone back to Wisconsin to see your mom and she made you a pork chop. And then you said, you know, I don't understand why, because you know, pigs don't have livers, and so that means everything you eat has all the toxins of what they eat with what they ate. And then our conversation continued for a good fifteen minutes, and then you looked at me and said, Okay, I just have to say I can't get over the fact that you just dropped on me that pigs don't have livers. I did not know that until now. That seems like a design flaw and that is bullshit. And on top of it, I shared with you that Patricia told Susanna and I not to eat chicken because they're stupid, and I'm like, what the fuck can I eat?
Speaker 2: This is what she took away from our truly meaningful prowing conversation. She comes back with, wait a minute.
Speaker 1: I can't wait a minute. They should have livers.
Speaker 2: So we are infantreat today, y'all. That's all I got to say. Here we go.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we are re re recording because this is re reincarnation and it's and we're rereading because you know, listen, we've talked about reincarnation before. Let's be honest, this probably will be the last time either. But had some really good questions and and of course I call them really good. Brenda rolls her eyes at me half the time when I say that, so it's totally fucking true.
Speaker 2: I'm always entertained.
Speaker 1: Well, entertainment is pretty much all I bring to the show. So so we had I thought some really great questions and and honestly, I just found it really important to share with everybody that pigs don't have livers. It might make you rethink.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, all.
Speaker 1: Of your barbecue people in the Southwest, in Kansas City, in South Carolina. So anyway, just Sharon and Karen there, So I think we should talk about re reincarnation. Where are you doing? Your eyes are all over everybody else wants you to know. I think Brenda s's a ghost.
Speaker 2: I do not see a ghost. I just wanted to make sure that my microphone is good because I don't see my little stuff moving.
Speaker 1: I see you little stuff moving just fine. Here, I'll tell you if it doesn't work. Speaking of little ghost. So our first night in the house, I was actually staying at the rental. The first night Suzanne slept in the house and the next day because I had like some weird fever thing that hit me, and uh, it was so weird, by the way, it's like hot as hell, But then the chills, and the next day I was fine. I mean, my body like got rid of whatever the hell that was evicted it. But the next day she said to me, she goes, I think I heard somebody upstairs bouncing a ball. I'm like, that was for you.
Speaker 2: What was their name night? Did you have a little sit down powwow with them?
Speaker 1: Well, I haven't heard it. It could have been a passer buyer, or it could have just been a noise in the house. Had nothing to do with ghosts. But don't tell Suzanne again, she tells everybody, we have a ghost that bounces a ball. Kobe, that'd be awesome. It goes to Kobe in her little house, be fantastic. Yeah, I'll put up a hoop for him. Okay, So I think what we should quickly do just to get gained a little bit of composure here. It's a little soon for a break, but I think we should do it, and I think we should come back full force re reincarnation. So I'm calling a break and will be right back everybody. Okay, y'all, I just said, okay, we're back.
Speaker 2: Just for the record, I'm very composed that.
Speaker 1: That was like, that was like a thorn. No wait, who shoots like shit out of their fingers? Like what it's like, that's what you did, Brenda call? She was doing one instead of going three two one, she was one two three and with three fingers. She kind of like whipped her fingers at the camera like she's like shooting me with a flame of some sort. All right, Okay, we're back to apparently the Julian Brenda comedy Show with really not a whole lot of content. So re Reincarnation, we had some really great questions, and so I'm gonna go ahead and start with the question because this one utterly fascinates me, and I kind of changed the question around to make it my version of it, but it is the factive.
Speaker 2: Basically, you had a question.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I just changed a few words. I have done that before. So it's like somebody asked talking about myself and a third person. So the question was do we choose our birthday suit? Like when we're reincarnating, do we choose our gender? Do we choose our ethnicity? Where we live? You know, where we're meant to be born? And I found it really interesting because you know, and I've shared this so many times, I shared it in different contexts, So in this context, I'll share it in a different way, which was when Jade Luna, you know, did my five past life five lives that affect this one. I think that ghost with the with the bouncing of balls around, uh fucking with me in my casita. But what was interesting about those five past live carbac lives that are affecting this one is four of them I was a woman. And of those four, I was a woman, and one I was from India, so there's a the birthday suit female but different cultures. And then the other one I was I would like to say, a very tall, handsome black man in Africa, because I think I was handsome during that I'm just going to say out loud, and that's awesome. And and and here's the thing. I love it. I want to live them all I've written. I may have, but I think it's amazing. Probably why I'm not like a racist person because I think I've been them all. Also I'm a decent human, so I wouldn't do be that way anyway. But I but I think it's an interesting question. Brand do you what do you like? Why?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: How how does that happen? Do we choose?
Speaker 2: Well? My understanding is that to get it's often referred to as getting back on the wheel. So when we get back on the wheel to be served back to Earth school, like to be re enrolled in Earth school. And it takes while right because we have to integrate our lessons, our challenges, our understanding of how our gifts landed or influenced other people or situations, or how when we held back our gifts, how that had its consequences as well, or you know, when we weren't at our best, like what were the consequences? How can we integrate? And it's not for punishment, for it's for understanding how are how we can take responsibility and prepare ourselves to execute our sole plan with more elegance in our next time on the wheel, right, next time we line up to come back to Earth School, to return to Earth School. So with that is the foundation you would have an understanding for Okay, I was a man in this life in whatever culture continent.
Speaker 1: It's a very tall, handsome black man in Africa.
Speaker 2: Like that, right, that's an absolutely legit version, right, So like, what did I what was my experience in that? What did I integrate from that? How could I have executed that better? Or how would that you know, the cultural implications of that be transcended into other cultural situations. And these are things, excuse me, I would have. These are conversations I would take into consideration as I'm signing up to return to Earth School, you know, maybe a couple generations later, so that it kind of you know, I think of it as a big algorithm in the sky, right that says, hey, you need these specifications on your next turn on the wheel. Then that's going to put you at this place in line, and you'll be You'll be incarnated, you know, re enrolled in Earth School during this time period where we anticipate this situation going on globally, locally, you'll have this socio economic entrance. We know that where you go is really up to you and the volition and the challenges or whatever it is circumstances around you that are collective because those things all play in to how you experience Earth School. So these are things that are all taking into consideration and what you have agreed to, what you have signed up for, Like I want to dial learning more about this up. I want to dial Learning about this down because I feel like I really address that or I need more recovery time in this topic. So don't really put me in that situation, you know, things like that.
Speaker 1: Or I'm so fascinating, so then okay.
Speaker 2: But it also it also I just want to say, it also depends, like when we're negotiating this what we're going to really take on full on, It also depends who we are, Like you know, who's enrolling with us, what kind of support will I have? Who am I going to take with me? Who will I be reunited with? Who is going to be a new influence that It could be a challenge, It could be a supporter like how am I going to dance with that? And how will I recognize them, and you know that. And you don't get all those answers. You get all those answers in the spirit world, but they don't all come with you consciously into our school. So that's the really interesting part.
Speaker 1: That is utterly fascinating actually, because it's like a well, it's a.
Speaker 2: Dance, right, it is a dance.
Speaker 1: It's a dance, And it is because I think about at least the lives that I'm the lives I'm aware of. I do believe I've had lots far more than five, and how that and I wonder the same thing for you, and how that integrates who we are today and you know, our intersection into this world too, right, Like, so you kind of look at all of that. But it's funny because the ones that I am aware of, I also know how incredibly it's funny even though the lessons from those past lives are not at least the lessons that were expressed to me were not about my gender or my culture escape color, you know. But I've shared before. I remember the first time I went to Indian and I walked off the plane in Della and I'm like, oh, it's so good to be home, and and that was such a tell for me. But but it is interesting that that we have to weave kind of you know, through this. And you know, I have to tell you another thing that's interesting, and it's not so much about gender or ethnicity. But you know, I'd shared before one of a past life was Egyptian days and I committed suicide. And I tell you, what's so fascinating, what is happening?
Speaker 2: So remember the languaging. I died by suicide that much.
Speaker 1: I died by suicide in that lifetime, thank you. But I tell you what I've been facing. A lot of kind of around me are a lot of people who have attempted or have actually succeeded. And it's a really interesting perspective to have have on it. And it feels like part of my role was to actually have really open and honest conversations with people, like fearless conversations. It's it's just an interesting thing. What the past lives, how they you know, can't affect us like that. It also makes you wonder, you know, part of the whole birthday suit thing is the gender part is coming back, you know, to be gay. Mm hmm, right, it's because I'm here to tell you I didn't pick it, Yeah, like it was not a choice. You mean, I agree to it, but it's not like I didn't pick it on earth being like, oh, I want to freak everybody out, including myself in the early nineties and be you know, like I'm like a freak on the side of the road. It's like that is it was not a choice. Yeah, but it's part of that you choose, you chose before.
Speaker 2: Right, right. You know, it's funny I've had to me it's it's interesting to see how or to wonder, like how will this feed into your next algorithm? Like when you think, you know, having that contract, agreeing to it to this life experience, right, because when you think of it, you think of like, you know, when you go to some restaurants and there's like a lot of pages on the menu. And you go to some restaurants and there's like you know, it's one page and there's only like, you know, maybe ten items, you know, when the appetite, right, that's like.
Speaker 1: The dumpling restaurant here, it's like ten things versus cheesecay factory and it's like four hundred pages exactly.
Speaker 2: So you know, depending the more advanced. The more you are in our school, a soul school, really, you would have fewer selections for challenges. That doesn't mean you wouldn't go back to serve as a guide for someone else.
Speaker 1: For I totally want to be a guide. I kind of want to bring.
Speaker 2: And well, look, the truth is, our school is hard, right son, you had a ship. Even if you come back, even if you come back as I'm going to help this person, I'm coming back, you know, to be you know your you know Robin to your Batman, I still have my school agenda. Like there's no there's no hall pass for that. But you know, hopefully if I make that choice, I'm still advancing my soul and I still get challenges, and you know, we want these challenges. Otherwise there's not I would just.
Speaker 1: Like the challenge without the temptation of a kit kat. That's all. Like, just let me just be like a little guide. And I would like to be the joy guide if I can requests.
Speaker 2: That takes a lot more lifetimes.
Speaker 1: Okay, But so I want to be serious again, which is hard for me, but is so if you look at how the world is right now, there is there's it's like it's like everything that was bad feels worse. So when it comes to let's talk about this country in particular, so we see that, you know, there's huge forces about you know, women not being able to choose or have dominion over their their body or if it is even you know, more tax from a racial standpoint or from you know, any any other is getting attacked more than they ever have.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 1: Like, are these just new souls that are dicks that are like coming out at everybody? Or like is it like I'm trying, like because there's times I look at this and I'm like, well, what the fuck's the plan be? Cause it's it's uh or is that the plan? Well?
Speaker 2: Remember that please Earth School Adventures. When you sit at that negotiating table for a couple decks, aides saying what are you signing up for? Right, because time doesn't exist in the spirit world. So when you're sitting there negotiating, it's an endless menu. So it's an endless menu and you get to go through everything, go what do I want this to be my foundation? Do I want that to be my foundation? Well? Am I signing up to be rebellious? Compliant? You know, like there's a plan that's going to land you at the perfect spot to have the experience that your soul needs. That says, am I going to be subservient? Am I going to be a rock star? And you know, like take up all suck the air out of the room, and take up.
Speaker 1: Taylor Swift like she picked all the right boxes. She should say out loud, she picked a lot of good boxes. So it's interesting that you say that. I was just reading a story about a guy who works for antiques roadshow and there was a something that came up and had this carved bone and it was like a pendant and like beautiful calligraphy on it. And the guy who was the expert is probably my age, not tall, but a handsome black man, and he said, he goes, this is from he goes, this is the ship's name. This was from a slave trade, and it was in the late seventeen hundreds. And he said, I refuse to give you a value to it, because this was the most heinous thing that could have ever been done to another human being, is to trade them like they were an object. And I will not give you a value to this. And the woman who had it, a little karen ish, got a little pissy about it because she's a Karen. But he was like holding so steadfast to it. I love this guy, Like I'm like, I'm with you, man, so with you like that should I don't know where it should go, but it shouldn't be bought because that was the whole problem in the first place, was that's exchanged exchanged, right, And so there's just like so many things that that come up, and I don't know, maybe I need to check out more and quit looking at things so closely, but.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I mean, I do think it's important to take in consideration to have the bigger view of humanity that says, isn't that interesting? Because oftentimes when we I'm not saying, things aren't upsetting and absolutely heart wrenching or abhorrent or you know, all kinds of things that are so hard to consume. However, when we dive deeper into someone's personal experience, you're like, oh, that's really interesting. Your soul gate your soul chose that path, right. I can see I can see how you got there. I can see your wayward worries. But you know, like you just you have more compassion for their humanity. It's not you know, condoning doesn't change perhaps your position, but you're like, our school is hard, it's dicey out there, and we have to do a better job or we get to to me, the option that's being presented is can we still work together in a way. That's like the host who said, I cannot give you a price for this because it goes against how I value humans. My expertise is in valuing these objects, but that has nothing to do with how I value humans. Those are two different worlds and they will never meet. Right, But I'm sure he didn't insult her while he said that, Right, he wasn't a personal attack on her when he said that. I'm assuming.
Speaker 1: No, he wasn't attacking her at all.
Speaker 2: But that's my point. And then maybe having this conversation like I'm so curious how this object came to you or you know, something like that, like that.
Speaker 1: She worked for apparently a family that collected said objects and bought this from them, and not knowing exactly what it was that she says, so yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So Karen said, But I do think it's to me when when the birthday suits and the school journey that we've been on are so different and could collide. How do we take that opposition and see if we can find a pass path to peace? So that says I don't have to agree with you, but I can stay where I am and acknowledge your humanity even though I don't understand.
Speaker 1: It absolutely, and that right, and that feels like that's been lost to me. I think it's lost.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's it's it's it's a little intense right now, which is why it's our school is hard. And one of the channel Jesus are like, Okay, Brenda, breathe and stop your mind. It's not helping. Drop into your heart and remember we are more like than we are different.
Speaker 1: And the other thing is I go like nerdy elf and say, just math tells us we're going to have more problems because there's more people. I mean, for real, just look at the shirt numbers.
Speaker 2: But the thing about that is as humanity, I parsonally don't interact with more people just because there are more people, right? Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: No, But I think that there is a collectiveness that happens. I think there's no doubt what I'm thinking of than anything now.
Speaker 2: And I do agree, I do agree with that for real, but I do think sometimes people get rubbed up about stuff like I'm like, that's not even in your lanth that's it doesn't It's a stupid Internet.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to say it out loud, It's the fucking Internet. And on that note, we're going to take a quick break because I have another second part to the re reincarnation question.
Speaker 3: Okay, bye bye bye everybody.
Speaker 1: Okay, magic Witchy Paige just brought us back. Okay, So I have to confess Brenda thought that I'd already pivoted to this, to the second part of the question when I got ahead of myself, and I didn't tell y y'all, y'all, y'all, y'all that I did pivot. So ye y'all, y e apostrophe lll ye y'all. So what is wrong with me is helpless?
Speaker 2: Many helpless.
Speaker 1: There's something. I'm going to blame it on the stars. Okay, something's going on in the sky. I don't know, because I got none else to blame for being so crazy. So here's the second part of what the question was, and it does it's very much a part of kind of where we left off in the last segment, but the question was do people reincartnate to become wor and her reference was an historical figure, which I think most of us, I hope all of us can agree, is like a Hitler, like bad guy. I mean, please, don't argue with me. He was a bad guy. You didn't say anything for the record.
Speaker 2: Well, but so, oh my god, no, this is this is what I'm gonna say. Think about. For a lot of people, family members, like they there's strife within families, whether it's your mom, your sibling, your father and aunt and uncle and grandfather, you know whatever. I talked to someone who had a brutal kindergarten teacher, like brutal kindergarten teacher, and I'm like, wow, that is hard. How do you find a crappy kindergarten teacher? Like? Right, However, in any of those situations, and I'm going to take Hitler off the table, but in those situations, the invitation is to find your resilience, your inner strength, your true expression, because you've had contrast, and that's really the gift of it. And so oftentimes in those family reviews, the spirit, you know, the spirits are together and they'll be like Oh my god, it was so hard to be so hard on you. It was I love you so much, and that's how I came to support you on this our school journey. I supported your expansion, I supported your advancement because you had to fight so hard for yourself. So that's what I think is important to say. And I just want to also say, if you're hearing a lot of noise, we're having huge storms here and so you're hearing the sub pump, so I apologize. Yeah, we're going wind, so I will apologize for the wind. And I'm really happy that we have a some pump that's running so exactly.
Speaker 1: Well, it's just it's.
Speaker 2: So when you say, do people come back to be worse? Do the people take Sometimes if you're taking on a heart assignment, it's because you're going to go be a kind of a jerk, right, You're going to be that hard person in someone's life. I mean, sometimes addicts, you know, come in to help us remember how to surrender, right.
Speaker 1: Right right, just like you know. I think I may have talked about I forget the woman's name, but there was a woman in New York happened to be gay, by the way, but she is the reason why we have a bystander law, and she's the reason why we have nine to one one in the United States because of how brutally she was killed and how allegedly there were a number of people and now I've talked about this before that actually witnessed what was going on and they didn't do anything. And because of because of that incident, we now have bystander laws. If you see something happening and if you don't say, call authorities or do something like that, you are liable. You are liable.
Speaker 2: We need to take care of each other. We need to take care of each other. So you know that is as good or as bad relative at it. Well, it's like we'll see, we'll see, we'll see, right, Well it's not done yet. Was that horrific? Yeah, but we don't know if it was good or bad. And these are the things, these are the opportunities as souls that we can sign up for these hard courses in our school. Like people come in and like it's no problem because I can. I can come back around. It takes a while to get back on the wheel, but I'm good with that. I'm going to hold this negative energy, right, So I'm glad to.
Speaker 1: Know we have a break. I just want to go hang out with my mom and my aunt Marlane and whoever else joins later before I get there. So I don't want to go hang out.
Speaker 2: Yep, you get to hang out.
Speaker 1: I just want to hang out, you know, with like Charlie, my first cat, you know, just to hang out. That's all home.
Speaker 2: That's fanatic.
Speaker 1: Well, I just I think, I think right, reincarnation is I think one of the most intriguing and fascinating topics that I think people talk about because you can get into these juicy conversations, you know.
Speaker 2: And it's fun to wonder about, like why do I like this thing in my family nobody else likes right, or you know, well my whole family likes to do this and I'm not like that, you know, like you just wonder where did I get this? Where did it come from?
Speaker 1: Why am I the lone riager, the lone gay reager? Probably because I could handle it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no kidding.
Speaker 1: I mean I think there's to these things. You know. It's like, you know, why why was I the one taking care of them?
Speaker 2: Mom?
Speaker 1: Because I could handle it, right, you know, And and handling all comes from this like really deep profound love of self and others, and that's about handling things. And I think that is what we have to remember when we're in these places going why the fuck I picked this? And it's like because you thought you could handle it, and you can. But it comes from that deep, profound place of love.
Speaker 2: And also knowing there are no accidents, like you're here, we're all here at this specific time. And I want to be really clear. Everybody thinks that the when they're on the planet it's the worst and the most challenging time, and it's not. Okay, it's true. Right, they all thought that it was going to be the end of the world because of some breakthrough technology.
Speaker 1: Huban missile crisis, right, imagine they all thought like they had like this day and age. Sadly, kids have to have shooter drills in school. I had tornado drills and my mother had drills like because they thought there was going to be you know, there's always the threat of the Cold War or some war or some something that was going to be the end of humanity. And yeah, I think you're right, Like we all think it's the worst of times, and there's moments that feel that way, But there's also moments that don't feel that way. And I think sometimes we get caught up right, it's like how we like, we tend to remember too much negativity and that forms so much of our point of view of either history or even the present, and and we don't remember the other. Like there's that weird overpowering that happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the stickiness at the right. They say sticky things stick in our brains, and the happiness is like, so it has no resistance to it, so it's not as sticky. So the negativity, which is why you know, when someone comes in to you know, kind of polkate you or challenge you, that's in sometimes traumatizing and sometimes fleeting ways, sometimes in really impactful ways. It doesn't mean it's not purposeful. So it was that bad. We'll see what are you going to do with it? That's the question on the table. What are you going to do?
Speaker 1: What are you going to do with it? And I will tell you one really interesting thing. And I and I'm sure that I think I'm really repetitive today because I know I've talked about this before, but I just want to I just wanted to give people to something to think about when you're if you're in that place of why am I here? Why is it so hard? Why did I pick this boy? I'm a dumbi ass, And because I've had that roll around in my head once or twice, but it's I will tell you the most powerful thing that I can do and that people have actually done for me, and that is to tell them, to remind them, whether I call them, I write them. I had the most beautiful texts a couple of weeks ago from a woman that used to work in my group, and she recalled the moment and how important it was, and she told me she was in tears writing the text when she came back from her husband's father's funeral, and I dropped everything and I went into the hall and I just hugged her and held her, and she goes, I just want to cry every time I tell somebody that story. And so I also liked, in turn, tell people about those moments that they change my life too. In their moments, sometimes they may not remember exactly, but those are actually the moments in the Book of Julie that count the highest. They're the big ones. They're the ones right that go to that deep, profound place of love of self and others, because if you don't love yourself, you cannot give. If you don't love others, you definitely can't give. And that is that deep, profound place. And so I just encourage everybody if you have that person or people that you want, like you know, I never told them how important that moment was to me. Maybe I should do that. Give it a whirl.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. So thanks for the questions everybody, including my health.
Speaker 1: I swear those were not mine. And I just said I just said birthday suit. That's the only thing I changed in the question.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, it's all good. So I hope that this was another look at reincarnation read re reincarnation. So thanks for listening to everybody, and remember our school is hard.
Speaker 1: Oh is it ever? Oh wait that someone I was supposed to say without the other side.
Speaker 2: Thanks everybody, Thank you for joining us. Everyone, and a special thanks to our producer Joey Patt and our executive producer Maya Cole Howard, who guides us while we guide you.
Speaker 1: Hit us up on Instagram at other Side Guides, or shoot us a note at high Hi at Vibes dot Store.
Speaker 2: We want to know what you think. We want to know what you know, and we want to hear your stories. And remember, our school is hard without the other side. Insider's Guide to the other Side is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Spotify, Apple podcast, or wherever you get your podcasts.