Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Gatty and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 1: I was just looking at the text line, and I'm always amused slash amazed at the haters.
Speaker 2: If you hate the show so much, don't you have something else you would rather do with your life.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine every day just flipping on a radio show or a TV show or whatever then I just loathe, and then reaching out to them, telling them how awful I think they are. Just it is an odd way to spend your day or your life.
Speaker 3: I just tell everyone you are.
Speaker 1: Keep there's another one. I keep going to this restaurant. The service is horrible, I hate the food, It's overpriced. I send them email after email, and I go every day.
Speaker 4: I'm see about as hard as I Yeah, I don't know. I mean, certainly monitor left the media to see what the arguments are and what they're trying to promote. But but I don't fire off angry letters to Rachel Maddow saying you are insufferable liberal.
Speaker 1: She's like, yeah, Lorence trolling. I don't know which which I don't understand that need either. It is becoming more clear. I think there are a couple of articles today associated press that I was just looking at, where are unnamed strategist people on Kamala Harris's side who are perplexed by her campaign, who that that realized she's a horrible candidate, particularly around the issue of you are asked twice what you would do different than Joe Biden and said nothing really, and nobody could figure out that answer.
Speaker 2: Anyway. I've got some.
Speaker 1: Those unnamed sources quotes that are pretty entertaining coming up this hour.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm tempted to ask you questions, but we'll wait. We'll do that in a little bit. Hope you stay tuned.
Speaker 1: So what you're about to hear is something that happened at Trump's Scratton Pennsylvania rally. There are he introduces this videotape, and during the videotape, during the moments of just music or whatever, it's pictures of current military guys doing drag show stuff. So that's the visual that we're missing. But go ahead and roll, Michael.
Speaker 5: Our military is great. And then I go and woke. You could put them in a woke room and scream at him. For two and a half years, they'd walk out and say, let me add him. You know, these are not woke people, but had this little clip and I thought you'd find it very interesting. It's the military of the past, let's call it the Trump military, compared to the very woke military that we have now.
Speaker 2: I think you'll get a kick out of it. You will not let you will not die.
Speaker 3: You will learn by the number happy pride, Happy Pride Month, and actually, let's declare it a summer of pride.
Speaker 2: You will be a weapon.
Speaker 6: You will be a minister of bed, pray for all butter and kill that day.
Speaker 7: You're poop.
Speaker 2: You're the lowest bar of white water. You are not even killing.
Speaker 6: You are nothing but on organized brandtastic pieces of opinions, marking of pauper.
Speaker 7: Last man to.
Speaker 2: United States marine cook. And so who are these military people in drag? What was that whole thing? It's just the.
Speaker 4: Whole woke DEEI military, the whole transgender old Rachel Levine, that confused man who portrays himself as a woman, who's some rank or another I can't remember.
Speaker 2: It's just.
Speaker 1: It's one of those topics where you know, for all of my problems with Trump, and I have plenty of them showing the march of that stuff across our society. I mean, you gotta look to Trump. Kamala is gonna supercharge it. What do you know about that clip there, Katie Well.
Speaker 8: In the in the particular clip where you heard the music, it was a member of our military in his uniform, and then he does one of those transitions where he puts his hand over the camera and when his hand moves he's in full drag makeup doing basic.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Great, and it's so much better than not having that clearly, and everyone agrees so on that topic roughly, and we're leading up to one of the greatest spankings ever delivered to a major American corporation. A couple of stories caught my eye on the gender bending madness front. I didn't have you get the theme together, Michael, Sorry about that. It's but don't worry about it. You got it gender bending madness. Nearly fourteen thousand miners underwent sex change procedures in recent years, according to a new medical watchdog database.
Speaker 4: This is in the extremely serious and professional National Review picture that just about fourteen thousand miners undergoing these cruel, experimental, permanent druggings and mutilations because they're confused. Adolescents falling under the sway of activists.
Speaker 1: Well, and I think important to point out in most cases with the help of their parents, because most of the time I don't think you got the money or wherewithal to go get this done. So you're well, the parents have been terrified and swayed by the activists. Well, right, your child will commit suicide, but you do not do this. I guess my point is you're you're the grown up. You're the one that's got to step in here and stop this from happening as the parent, right, But as a society, I mean, especially if you're in a blue state state, you will find no support, zero percent.
Speaker 2: He'd be tough.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't actually stand up against the tide, and you will find one hundred percent support for going along with your poor troubled ada lesson than.
Speaker 2: The activist wishes.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't pretend it would be easy, because yeah, in certain places you would I was gonna say almost, but probably not almost. You would have to pull your kid out of school and move or in California, for instance, your child could be taken away from you, right, you'd be in serious danger of them coming after you as a bad parent.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't deny that parents have a role and perhaps could be better at it. But societally we have to grab hold of this thing or the parents won't have any support. So from January nineteen to December twenty three, fourteen thousand minor patients receive gender transition treatments, with fifty eight hundred undergoing sex change surgeries and eighty six hundred getting hormones and puberty blockers. According to Do No Harms data base, that is an organization of medical professionals.
Speaker 2: That are trying to end this madness.
Speaker 1: Speaking of which, on a very very similar note, US hospitals earn nearly one hundred and twenty million dollars in four years from sex change treatments on minors, about one hundred and twenty million dollars all on children under the age of eighteen, and I believe that's from the same group. Well, if there's money to be made, it's going to be hard to get the medical professionals to slow this down.
Speaker 4: The following twelve hospitals in the US performed the highest number of sex change treatments on miners. And again this will soon when sanity is restored and the neo Marxists lack the momentum they got from the death of George Floyd, because it all fits together, all the radical critical theory crap all wrote in on the the you know, the the wave of I can't stand up against this because the cop kneeled on Georgia Floyd's neck until he was dead. Better shut up Children's Hospital Philadelphia, Kinetic Children's Connecticut, Children's Medical Center, Children's Minnesota, Seattle, Children's Children's Hospital, Los Angeles, all of them with children in it, and they're experimenting on little kids. Boston Children's uc SF, Benioff Children's Hospital in Oakland, and the list goes on. Doctor Stanley Goldfarb, the chairman for Dunau Harm, said the organization aims to quote expose the dangers of experimental pediatric gender medicine and bring the practice to an end.
Speaker 2: We certainly wish you well. A couple more notes.
Speaker 1: Very quickly, a high school soccer team in New Hampshire made headlines. They're refusing to play against the school that has a dude on the team, a transgender player it's a dude. The Hillsboro Deering High School girls varsity soccer team mounted to boycott refused to play against Kearsarge Regional High School, which has a dude on its team. The girl said, it's a matter of biology. They boycotted their game. This isn't about transgenderism. This is about biology for us and the increased physical risk when playing a full contact sport against the opposing sex. Good for you, girls, And where did that statement come from the girls that you just read?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was.
Speaker 1: That statement, specifically was from one of the mothers one of the players. Okay, because we've just had several instances of the teams that have been canceling with San Jose State's volleyball team that's got a guy on their girls team, they don't say out loud why they're canceling, They just forfeit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I incorrectly a few days ago said that San Jose State had made a statement. It was actually this group Equality California, when four universities almost in a row said we're not playing San Jose State and women's volleyball because they got a dude on their team who spikes the ball at eighty miles per hour and by the way, it's a woman's sport and he's a dude.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 4: Equality California released the following statement. School administrator's decision about a pressure from extremists only girls get to play in girls' sports is an extremist position.
Speaker 2: How interesting.
Speaker 4: Instead of allowing their student athletes to compete harms all students involved. They are teaching fear mongering and discrimination, instead of fostering the camaraderie and competition college athletics should be about. Now, I know people who are bubbled enough that believe the letting him play on the girls team is the mainstream position and the extreme position is the people trying to stop that. So let's be clear. This isn't actually about sports. It's part of a coordinated nationwide attack on the LGBTQ plus community that doesn't exist, led by extremist right wing politicians. Extremist right wing politicians like all of the girls in this brand new ad from Riley Gaines Organization.
Speaker 2: This Dear Nike, Dear Nike, dear Nike, Why won't you stand up for me?
Speaker 10: Why won't you stand up for me?
Speaker 3: Why do you claim to support women and girls?
Speaker 8: Yeah, when we need you most.
Speaker 2: You remain silent. Today, Males are claiming our identity, our sports, our spaces. Men and boys are stealing opportunities, medals, trophies, and our future. And it's not fair or just. In fact, it's often dangerous. Yet you refuse to use your platform to stand up. You say you're for social justice and progress, So why do you allow men's rights to come before arms?
Speaker 1: See?
Speaker 2: You, with a big platform comes an even bigger responsibility. You have a chance to do the right thing, not just do the easy thing. So we're asking you, Nike, as the biggest voice in all of sports, will you stand up for me?
Speaker 10: Will you stand up for me?
Speaker 2: Will you stand up for me? Will you stand up for me?
Speaker 1: Will you?
Speaker 2: Will you?
Speaker 1: Will you just do it?
Speaker 2: Oh? Good one? At the end there, that is really good one.
Speaker 4: I can hear some of you saying, well, don't you guys, aren't you in favor of corporations just shutting up and making their products and staying out of social issues. Yeah, the problem being Nike has been so out and proud. Pardon the expression about being progressive? Yeah, for promoting transgender rights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do say that. We do say that all the time. And I believe that. But what you're gonna draw the line now?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, well right exactly. It's like CBS News. Finally a journalist asks some difficult questions of a progressive saint, and all of a sudden they're like neutrality, objectivity, journalistic ethics.
Speaker 1: Ah please, I like that sound right there at the end, quick word from our friends at Simply Safe Home Security. Have you ever felt that sense of an ease when you leave your home, maybe for a vacation, whatever, you're hoping nobody breaks in when the scumbags and junkies all over the place. Well, simply Safe can protect your home and give you that peace o mind yep.
Speaker 2: Without a house center or simply safe.
Speaker 1: Leaving my house, I always felt that, like god dang, and I hope nobody breaks in because I had it happen one time, many many years ago. I never worry about it anymore because I've got to please Safe set up at my last house and then this new one. I had to go online and order a few more censors and get another camera and that sort of stuff. Set it up myself. It's not that hard to do. In less than an hour. You can do that or you can choose professional installation if you'd like. It's about a dollar a day, no hidden fees, no contracts, and speaking as a guy who travels sometimes your spouse, if you have one, will be very grateful for the enhanced feeling of safety when you're not around anyway, no long term contrast, cancel any time. Pricing is transparent and affordable, less than a bucket day, no hidden fees ever. Protect your home with fifty percent off a new simply Safe system plus free indoor security camera when you sign up for fast Protect monitoring. Just visit simply safe dot com slash armstrong. That's simply safe dot com slash armstrong fifty percent off.
Speaker 2: There's no safe like simply Safe.
Speaker 1: We should play that ad going at Nike every single hour.
Speaker 2: If I would be delighted.
Speaker 1: If I had a billionaire sort of money, I would, I would buy an advertising campaign like they were launching a new Jordan shoe to make sure everybody saw that.
Speaker 4: My final note on this, as a guy who coached for years both girls and boys sports, the speed and violence of male sports is completely different.
Speaker 2: No dudes in women's sports period. Wiborn the way stay here.
Speaker 7: Bet swings and hits a high drive left center field and deep Merrill at the wall.
Speaker 2: It's done.
Speaker 7: Mookie bets at it again the first inning home run. He pumps his fist halfway between second and third. Oh high five for dina Ebol, his second home running as many days.
Speaker 2: It's one nothing Dodgers.
Speaker 1: So uh, Dodgers wins. That series is tied up two too. They are going to play the winner or they're going to play the Mets, because the Mets took out Philadelphia last night.
Speaker 2: So that's what's happening there.
Speaker 1: That sounded like the announcer started to say it's good, like it was a field goal and realized good is the wrong word.
Speaker 2: It's good. You got that wrong. Hey, Michael, do you mind if we start calling you mooky.
Speaker 3: I?
Speaker 2: Guess it's okay? All right, Mookie, it's up and it's good. It's baseball.
Speaker 1: Go got good on second, No a second, but don't call me MOOKI. But so the Mets won, and that's a very big deal for the East Coast and they didn't make the playoffs of the very late though the last day and blah blah blah. Good story if you like that sort of thing. Speaking of New York. Uh, they got this problem in New York where they got like crazy prostitution going on in a bunch of different places. I've been looking at the pictures in the New York Post. The Governor Kathy Hochel has has been urged to by by local officials there in Queens to send in state troopers to clean up what they call an urban crime zone on Roosevelt Avenue in Queens, where there are more brothels than bodega's, say city leaders. And I'm looking at this picture and of the street at various times a day. The only place I've ever seen anything like this is in Tijuana, where you got this many girls lined up broad daylight. Obvious what they're up to. It's not supposed to happen in the United States. I remember I was in Tijuana one time. I'd walked across the border from San Diego with a buddy of mine. We're just going drinking, and I remember and it was just kind of, you know, kind of a sleepy afternoon evening or whatever. And then like a certain time, like the sun went down right a mountain and the lights came on, and then all of a sudden it was shouldered to shoulder prostitutes down every street. I mean, it was like a parade had been organized. It was absolutely amazing. I just couldn't I couldn't wrap my head around it. It was stunning, and I thought, how are they gonna make any money? Anyway, there weren't that many tourists. It was just kind of like a Tuesday evening or something like that, and like five of us walking around to the bars and hundreds of prostitutes. Anyway, That's the only time I've ever seen anything like that other than these pictures I'm seeing out of Queens, New York, Chrizy.
Speaker 2: Listen to Armstrong and Getty. One more thing.
Speaker 4: The podcast from yesterday we talked about America has a disorder problem.
Speaker 2: And that's part of it.
Speaker 4: But yeah, those scales had to feel like, you know, a car salesman on a slow day at the lot right exactly, nobody's coming in.
Speaker 2: I just got to stand here.
Speaker 1: But the fact that in New York City, one of the great cities on planet Earth, in the year twenty twenty four, you got prostitutes lined up on the street like that, because just lawlessness has become so prevalent.
Speaker 2: It's quite amazing, right, what was.
Speaker 4: That headline Katie brought us from the Babylon b experts. It's difficult to tell whether blue cities have experienced a hurricane or just policy.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's very similar a hurricane hitting or just bad government policy. And you're going to call in the national guard because all the hookers. These are odd times. Got to check in on the election briefly when we come back. It's good news for.
Speaker 2: Trump, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 10: What's happening now Kamala Harris's this is an experiment can you win a short campaign with an untested candidate? And what I'm telling you is happening in private polling is she's got a problem. Now, okay, it's not cheering for Trump, it's not predicting Trump will win. She's got a problem. You're welcome to put your head in the sand about it. If you want to go watch MSNBC Primetime and hear how great things are going for the Harris campaign, you're.
Speaker 2: Welcome to do that.
Speaker 10: But if you want to understand what's actually happening, we're here to tell you. I just saw some new private polling today that's very robust private polling. She's in a lot of trouble. She's in a lot of trouble.
Speaker 1: That's from Mark Alprin, one of his zoom calls that he does, and he talks to all the campaigns and all the pollsters public and private, and his assessment at four weeks out is she's in trouble. And a lot of the swing states, really all of the swing states butt Nevada, he points out. And as we read the other day from his piece, there are quite a number of Republican and Democrat strategists who believe Trump is absolutely gonna win. He doesn't know any Democratic strategists that think, or any strategies. I think that Harris is clearly going to win. So that's where it stands currently. Everything could move in a you know, a month is a long time. Who knows what could have happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, One of our brilliant listeners sent along an email with some analysis explaining how the markets and business in general are really good predictors of who's gonna win, and the way the markets move indicates it's it's a better indicator than you know, pundits and prognosticators. And they also said that the movements were all indicating that Trump would win, but who knows.
Speaker 2: That would be a heck of a thing.
Speaker 1: And as we said earlier, this this country, half the country is going to lose its mind. We have never seen anything like what the reaction is going to be if Trump ends up winning.
Speaker 2: The grated the greatest.
Speaker 4: Wadded panty of all times, just torrential pantsweating especially.
Speaker 1: I mentioned the New York Times headline that the Republicans are set to retake the Senate. I mean, they basically just state that's going to happen. The polling is so strong on that. If Trump wins and then he has a Republican House and Senate, which it looks like will happen, Oh my god, half this country is gonna go nuts. It's going to be so fun to watch.
Speaker 2: It will be in a way. So I'm gonna unburden my soul. Do you mind? My soul is burdened. Nobody wants a burden soul. I can imagine what can be and be unburdened by what has been.
Speaker 1: Oh that's Hanny, That's what That's where I'm I do know. That's where I'm trying to get number one. My friend Rob took the pitte on me.
Speaker 4: Last night because I am wifeless this week, and we had some delicious Italian sausage and sauce and stuff like that, and then he breaks out pecan pie and ice cream. There you go, and I'm like, oh, dude, oh come on, you know me, I can't resist that that' so I ate it. I ate it like a hog. I ate it like a.
Speaker 2: Cloven hooved, curly tailed damn hog.
Speaker 1: I've been doing really well on my way too, right, But that's not what I really oh I talked to. That was the unburdening your soul was the fact that you ate stepan pie last night.
Speaker 2: Well, i'sa and ice cream. Oh, such good ice cream too.
Speaker 1: Anyway, how soon after you ate it, did you regret what you had done?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: During during wow? Regretting it? While before, during and after? Yeah, my son and I rearretless. My son and I went to a Mexican place last night and like a restaurant or was it a just where Mexicans live? Tijuana? We were in Tijuana. The story I told earlier was from last night, me and my son. No, we went to a Mexican restaurant. We were kind of in a hurry as math Houter was coming. We thought we could jam in anyway. We both got done eating and he said, I feel terrible. I wish we had meet that. I said, I feel terrible too, I wish we hadn't etn that. I said, let's try to learn a lesson from this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I usually find a Mexican cuisine to be a fabulous Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's you know, just not just just too much everything, too much everything. It's about what quantity. Quantity is a thing. Anyway, back to Joe on Burton's Soul, a Thursday favorite.
Speaker 4: So, I have a lot of worries about Trump character wise and judgment wise, and a few geopolitically. But at the same time, Kamala Harris's policies are so ruinous, so dangerous, and she's such an idiot it's it's difficult to know. I mean, like in terms of geopolitics, national security, it's impossible to know what the hell she has in mind. She hasn't given a single clue. But when it comes to free speech, pro the economy, pro business, lower regulation, not sacrificing our economy on the altar of green, this that and the other. Oh, I mean, I think Trump is well, who was it?
Speaker 2: Who said was it?
Speaker 4: Bill Barr said Trump is Russian Roulette, Kamala Harris's national suicide.
Speaker 2: I think that's true.
Speaker 4: The one thing that does worry me a little bit about Trump, though, is he is, I think, partly for ego reasons, utterly unable to do the hard thing now to protect the future. Fiscally speaking, I'd say now, granted on the campaign trail, some of the things he proposed, I mean the campaign, it's silly season. You claim, you promise all sorts of ridiculous crap that couldn't happen in a thousand years. Yea, even if you were sincere about of Congress would never let you do it, even if it was your own party.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I remember when I read Stephanopolis's book All Too Human about the Clinton campaign. It's going way back, but nothing has changed. Just he was talking in that book about that because he ran Clinton's campaign. If you don't know that, George Stephanopolis from ABC this week, he was talking about all the things that you promised that you know you aren't even gonna try to do, and then the things that you promise that you'll try, but you don't think you can do them, and then the things you promised that you actually that's why you're running for president. But there there's a list of things that you don't even intend to, like, have a meeting about.
Speaker 8: You're not.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's zero effort whatsoever that you're out there nickname for those things. I don't know, it's just a category. I think they all they just all acknowledge. They all probably know the things that they're talking about that Oh, nobody's even going to bring this up the next day. We're not even gonna have a meeting on it, right, Yeah, not interesting. Beautiful, that is interesting.
Speaker 4: But in terms of being afraid of what this country would look like, it's funny. The left is always talking about how Trump is this, that and the other.
Speaker 2: New Hitler blah blah.
Speaker 4: Blah, threatening democracy, threatening democracy. You have the left trying to tear down the Supreme Court, trying to end the filibuster. Tim Walls was in call Unicorny the other day sucking up to Gavin Newsom saying, Hey, we need to end the electoral college. We need to go to a popular election of the president. We need to do this as soon as possible. That would bring civil war to this country. So though I am uncomfortable with Trump, it's to me he's clearly the right choice anyway. Having said that, though, the one thing that bothers me is that he has all sorts of policies that would would be wildly inflationary, partly because of rampant spending. He seems to have no hesitation to spend like a lunatic in lower taxes, and that's dangerous. And I came across this from Milton Friedman, who is always worth quoting.
Speaker 2: Michael. It's clip number fourteen.
Speaker 4: If you would, the great Milton Friedman on inflation and all sorts.
Speaker 3: Of stuff flaischen is the most destructive disease known to my modern societies. There is nothing which will destroy us society so fairly and so fully as.
Speaker 2: Letting inflation run right.
Speaker 3: Inflation doesn't arise because you got to consumers who are.
Speaker 2: Spends rift, They've always been spends scrift.
Speaker 3: It doesn't arise because you've got the businessmen who.
Speaker 2: Are greed, they've always been greeted.
Speaker 3: Inflation arises because we as citizens, I've been asking you, as politicians to perform an impossible test.
Speaker 2: We've been asking you to spend.
Speaker 3: Somebody else's money on us, but not to spend our money on anybody else. Everybody talks against inflation, but what he means is that he wants the prices of the things he sells to go up and the prices of the things he buys to go down. The real tax on the American people is not what you label taxes.
Speaker 2: It's total spending.
Speaker 3: If Congress spends fifty billion dollars more than it takes in, If government spends fifty billion dollar, who he suppos pays that fifty billion dollars. The Arab Cheeks aren't paying it. Santa Claus isn't paying it, The tooth Fairy isn't paying it. You and I, as taxpayers are paying it indirectly through hidden taxation.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's one of my favorite quotes from him, and something that man, they should teach in school. The real rate of taxation is the rate of spending because it has to get paid for, so so whatever way they come up with a way to get money from you, that that's the rate of taxation.
Speaker 4: But with interest, Yeah, which is the insidious part, and that sort of the need for the US to service debt at the level we're accumulating it will drive up interest rates for all of us, so it will be much more difficult to borrow money to buy houses, cars, et cetera, for businesses to borrow money, and inflation is a tax. They print money to give us a bucket a quarter with the services for a buck it.
Speaker 2: Devalues the money we have.
Speaker 1: That's the hidden tax, and then we got to pay it back with interest. It's it's brutally horrifically unwise. Nobody wants to hear this. I'm done right. So this is not the stuff that gets talked about during elections, certainly not the last month of any presidential election.
Speaker 2: At this point in our nation's history, this sort of crap does.
Speaker 1: Here is a professor at the University of Cana where I spent a year in grad school.
Speaker 2: Poorly.
Speaker 1: I don't know what class he's teaching here, but somebody got out their cell phone. He's doing this in the little lecture room in front of a bunch of students.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it, but here you go.
Speaker 9: That's what frustrates me. There are going to be some males in our society that will refuse to vote for a potential female president because they don't think females are smart enough.
Speaker 10: To be president.
Speaker 9: We can line all those guys up and shoot them, and they clearly don't understand the way the world works. Did I say that? It scratch that from the recording. I don't want the Dean's hearing that I said that.
Speaker 1: We missed the very first part of that, where he's in a conversation when somebody starts their cell phone, where he's saying, people who think that men are smarter than women? So why is he having that conversation anyway? Who thinks either way that either gender is as a whole smarter than the other.
Speaker 2: That's just a dumb premise to start with.
Speaker 1: And then he goes into there are people that won't vote for Kamala because they don't believe women are smart enough. Who thinks that how many people do you know? Thinks that what are you talking?
Speaker 2: Katie? Feel free to weigh in.
Speaker 4: But as a guy who loves and cherishes women in every part of life, the male who has to promise trait himself talking about women are so much smarter.
Speaker 2: Men are so dumb. Women are smarter.
Speaker 10: You.
Speaker 1: You are a pathetic You should turn in your genitals, sir, And I use that term loosely.
Speaker 2: That's pathetic. Two points.
Speaker 8: One, I hate nothing more than a male feminist there that that's awful. Second, this guy's name is Philip Lowcock.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's not. It is, No, yes it is. How did that escape me?
Speaker 8: And he's a lecturer in the Department of Health, Sport and Exercise Science.
Speaker 4: You know, good ur Alish just could probably help you with your problem.
Speaker 1: They're mistress support gird. I mean, how low is it support garm that gets that thing up where you need it to be. You gotta change your name, don't. You don't want it down around your knees. You want to up here waste level. I mean, maybe many generations of Locock settled the West and made Kansas the fabulous states that it is today.
Speaker 2: You gotta change your name. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm with all due respect to great grandfather Locock in the work he did in Prohibition and Grandpa Locock and it's how he, you know, opened the first bank of Salona or whatever.
Speaker 2: You gotta change your name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, maybe I should have more sympathy. He grew up with that name, probably many endless jokes like we're doing now, and it drove him to being a male feminist where he has to overreact the other direction or something low t uh, he's an embarrassment to the locock name. Actually I think with with that sort of crad but just that whole thing, and you know they're making a big deal out of the he should be lined.
Speaker 2: Up and shot. Okay, this is an expression.
Speaker 4: Although I don't want to hear another word from Progressive America about hey, we got to target that district because I think it's.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're trying to incite violence.
Speaker 1: No, never again. But it's the it's the attitude that bothers me more than the stupid violent imagery. Just just that whole thing, just so tired, wears me out, makes me want to sit down when I hear people say.
Speaker 2: That it decreases your will to live? Doesn't it really does? It really? Does?
Speaker 1: Somebody say it's the old WTL. Somebody paid a lot of money to be in that class. We got more in the way.
Speaker 11: Dominoes is announced that will relaunch its emergency pizza program, although what kind of emergency requires a Domino's pizza?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Hell, I'm superstone and I forgot what drywall tastes like.
Speaker 4: Whoa wow, Wow, why the shot at that low cost pizza purveyor we all love Dominoes.
Speaker 1: Man, The last time I had a Domino's I thought, did this used to be better?
Speaker 2: Or was my taste just so much less refined?
Speaker 4: They have ridden have written a roller coaster of quality, the roller coaster of Domino's quality.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They They were a pretty damn good pizza for a while. Then they tried to go super cheap and it was disgusting, and then the new CEO came in and said, we're not doing that.
Speaker 1: Oh I remember they ran terrible. I remember when they ran those ads. I think they kicked it off during the Super Bowl where it's like, look, we know we're crappy.
Speaker 2: We're gonna fix it. Yeah, yeah, which is great. I don't know if they did. Yes, Katie, no that they fixed it. Don't don't knock the Dominoes. Oh, Okay, I haven't had in a while.
Speaker 1: Okay, crust, especially big crust. Guaranteed I will have one either today or tomorrow. Guaranteed. That's how I will get on that grill. I don't doubt it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, I just got a text from my niece who is interning for Disney in Orlando and everything's closed down, and they even that far in and she just sent me a little Video's quite the mess around there. But there's a lot of hurricane relief needed for a lot of different places, and FEMA's out of money.
Speaker 2: Probably heard that whole story.
Speaker 1: We decided to go like way more local on ways that you can help out, particularly in North Carolina in the Ashville area.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just go to Armstrong and getty dot com. We've got a big donate here. Things going straight to the United Way on the ground in that hardest hit area that's trying to get the aid of the folks up in the hills and the god the devastation Nashville is just nuts. It's our fellow Americans who are really suffering. So if you can kick in a few bucks, do it. Go to Armstrong and Getty dot com. You'll feel really good about it when you do it. So a couple of stories completely non political from the world of science, including this one. Gerontologists, people who study aging and medicine say humanity is really hitting the upper limit of life expectancy. Good advances in medical technology, genetic research, not to mention larger numbers of people making it to age one hundred are not translating into mark jumpson overall lifespand more people will get.
Speaker 2: To those old ages.
Speaker 1: But they really don't see a way of expanding life span seeing. Isn't there there's stuff in the Bible, isn't there that basically says we're supposed to live there like seventy or eighty. I remember I got that phrase in my head. I'll come up with that, But yeah, I think that's about how long we should be around.
Speaker 2: That seems about right, doesn't it.
Speaker 4: So fourscore and seven years ago you were born, So go ahead and die, would you?
Speaker 2: Is that your doction the Bible? That's right, sir? Thank you. I don't think. I think. I think about this a lot.
Speaker 1: I don't think even if they could come up with the medical way where you live longer, I don't think you could adapt to changing culture and realities.
Speaker 2: It would make you two nuts. I don't know about that.
Speaker 4: Financially, it would be very very difficult, particularly given lower birth rates. I don't even know how that would work, But anyway, it's not gonna happen. Researchers are making progress toward vaccines to train healthy people's immune systems. To eliminate signs of cancer before it develops. Vaccines are in early trials for people with inherited genetic mutations that put them at a greater risk for certain cancers. They're coming up with cancer vaccines.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I love this.
Speaker 1: So I like the idea that eighty ish is about as long as we can live. But let's try to get you know, practically one hundred percent of people to eighty ish and eliminate all the things that keep you from getting there for a certain percentage.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So anyway, they're making slow progress in cancer prevention treatment.
Speaker 2: Thank goodness. Oh we're almost out of time. That's too bad.
Speaker 4: I didn't get a chance to get to this incredibly cheery story. Healthcare premiums are soaring even as inflation eases. I don't care who you are, how rich you are, man, healthcare is brutal.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: You can have a lot of money and have it wiped out fast with a bad turn. Help wise, more on the way if you have miss an allurgy of the podcast Armstrong and Getty