Speaker 1: Ooh in for a treat today we got an update update. Heyh circle Jeffrey in the morning. Now, the way these work is we want to make sure everybody's on the same page because honestly, we need to re listen to this stuff. When jeff tells us, oh, you know that couple that was on the show six months ago, they're back, We're like, yeah, don't. We don't remember what happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we're going to replay the original episode when they were on, and then after we're going to have them back on the phone and tell us what's happened since what's sense? So you got to stick around through the whole thing on this one. And comments we love those.
Speaker 3: Yes, I saw one from Yuki who said, on my way from Germany to a vacation in Norway and listening to this while on the bus the best.
Speaker 1: Time killer ever. It is such a foreign thought for us in the in the States, like to be able to be on a bus and go to Norway.
Speaker 4: I know, so cool. Are the most annoying person on the train because you're laughing so much.
Speaker 1: I love it. All Right, let's get this update update started right now.
Speaker 4: We've all heard the famous cliche it's like Christmas in July. Well, we're literally doing it.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: Because we did a second date call back in December featuring two potential lovers who met at a work holiday party, and even though that night didn't go the way they planned and frankly our call with them didn't go much better, somehow we've got them both back on the phone for a very surprising second date. Update update it's a Christmas in July special and it happens next second date Updated Alexis is there one sentence a random guy could say to you that would make you instantly want to kiss him? Write the gentlemen other than ma'am, can I get your license and registration? Please? Oh he's gonna get you.
Speaker 3: What about ask you for like my Starbucks order?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: You know that's simple? Buying me a coffee that changes? Okay, I thought you had a higher price than that espressover ice.
Speaker 4: I've said, wow. I don't know about that move. But one of our listeners says he was taught something that he claims can get any member of the opposite sex to go in for the kiss right after you meet them. I'm sorry, after you meet them right when you meet them. That's I don't believe this. I'm curious to find out what it is. So let's talk to Joseph. Now, Joseph, you gotta be careful because we all might try to kiss you once we hear it. But tell us about this move that you learned.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I want to make this a parent I want to make this known right now. I didn't even develop this. This came from a female friend of mine.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: She said, if you've been making eye contact with the woman you know at a bar or any been, or maybe a party, all you have to do is welcome to her, and you have to be non chalant, look at him and say, hey, you're pretty. You want to make out, with the attitude of not really wanting to and don't care.
Speaker 4: Hey you're pretty, want to make out.
Speaker 1: I'm going to tell you it is hard to imagine this work.
Speaker 3: No, okay, if you're attracted to the personnel works. If attracted, it's not gonna works.
Speaker 4: How did you feel hearing that word of advice from your friend?
Speaker 2: It was horrible. I was so comfortable. I'm like, yeah, I'm like, this is never work. I'm gonna get slapped.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so despite your better logic, you tried it.
Speaker 2: We did. We did because she said nine out of ten times, they'll go for it. So she was like, you know, we're going to go to a holiday party or her job, a work event.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, work, it's not his.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's hurry, it's hurry.
Speaker 4: But still she's brought the guy.
Speaker 1: I wish this happened at our holiday parties.
Speaker 4: How many people work at her Yeah, at her office or wherever she.
Speaker 2: Is, man, it's like hundreds, hundreds.
Speaker 1: They throw actually cool parties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So it was like an open bar. And she said, you know, a lot of two girls work with her at her company. So I was like, okay, you know, with the skepticism, you know. And she also told me that, you know, we didn't have to hang hang around each other, just get out there mingle, and that's what we did.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because I was worried that you were going to look like the boyfriend you know everyone, Yeah, how are you there?
Speaker 2: People?
Speaker 1: How are you with hundreds? When you go to those big ones and nobody asks you, you don't know, because what department do you work in?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So you you just went to the party and first cute girl you saw, you just walked right up to her and used the line.
Speaker 2: Oh no, not how that happened? I was I was standing around for at least an hour and a half, just I was nervous.
Speaker 4: Think about this, meeting someone for the first time who's attractive as a little nerve wrecking. The first kiss is always nerve wrecking. Doing them at the same time.
Speaker 1: In like a public event. You can't just go to your bedroom.
Speaker 5: You're in and you better not have eaten any of the appetizers because you want to have good breath.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So like, at what point did you actually try it or did you.
Speaker 2: Get there when the drinks came and this is an open bar, the courage juice came in and I spotted this really really cute girl and I went up to her and I gave the line, and she was like, you know what, it's the holidays, why not shut And she grabbed me by the hand, led me to a quiet corner and we made out.
Speaker 1: No, oh my god, it wasn't even just like a quick kiss or anything.
Speaker 4: She no, we made another location to kiss. That's kind of cool. I freaking work.
Speaker 2: It was crazy.
Speaker 1: You gave a kick out. At what point did you learn her name.
Speaker 4: In the middle of it? Yeah? Did you get the name?
Speaker 2: She did give me the name. Her name was Katrina. Okay, okay, we talked like ten to fifteen minutes after our makeouts.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, so you made a connection.
Speaker 4: All the hard stuff out of the way.
Speaker 1: But then what then?
Speaker 4: Answered like, do you how many other women? How many other women do you use this on at the work party?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, it was it was just her and she gave me her number and it was like wow. I was like, I can't believe that actually worked.
Speaker 1: Did you guys get to connect? Did you talk after? Have you texted or anything?
Speaker 2: It was like here and there so some okay, yeah, yeah, just a little bit.
Speaker 4: Maybe she feels awkward for making out with somebody at her own work party.
Speaker 1: A woman who leads a man into a corner is not embarrassed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, after an hour and a half of drinking. I mean, what about what does your friends say about her co worker? Like, did you tell her what happened?
Speaker 2: Kind of? I told my friend at the move work and she was like, oh my god, who was it? But I didn't want to say because you know, I didn't want to like have it weird for her, like at her company, what.
Speaker 1: She brought you and told you to do it. I mean, honestly, there's so many people that work there. She may not even know her. She could be a plus one of somebody.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's a good point. There's a lot of Okay, so your friend doesn't know who it is, and you've been trying to reach Katrina for how long?
Speaker 2: A second?
Speaker 4: Now a little second?
Speaker 1: Oa, Well, actually have a date and see if there's like a real connection there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a sober date. Are starting sober man? That doesn't sound very funny. Okay, maybe not sommer, but a date. Yeah, Well, we'll try and arrange something for you with you and Katrina when we come back. Get you your second date update right after this hold on second date update.
Speaker 1: You're in the middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you here part two.
Speaker 4: Today we learned about a hot dating hack yeah, well kind of yeah, short of where apparently if you go up to any woman with a nonchalant attitude and casually say hey, you're cute, you want to make out a lot of times if they're single, they'll say yes to that. Wow, and maybe even if they're not single, if you for it the right way.
Speaker 5: Currently, Jeff isn't nonchalant enough because nobody in this room is making out with him.
Speaker 1: Yet I'm saying I.
Speaker 4: I did not do it right. But no, The thing is, we never asked what do you do if the response back is no?
Speaker 1: Or what?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Or just something besides yes? Who are you?
Speaker 1: You were embarrassed and you shy away.
Speaker 4: But that's not a good look.
Speaker 1: You hope that you never see them again.
Speaker 4: Let's ask our listener, Joseph, if any of our listeners want to try this move for themselves, what are you supposed to say to a rejection?
Speaker 2: Well, if they say no, yeah, problem, just find me when you're ready.
Speaker 1: Oh, no problem, just find me when you're Oh my.
Speaker 4: God, that's so that's awesome because then you really don't care. You're like, okay, I to change your mind.
Speaker 1: I would have said me neither. I don't want to hear.
Speaker 5: I was asking you, By the way, can we not call him out on this as a move that he like or that it was even a bet like when.
Speaker 4: She picks up be like the trick worked on you.
Speaker 1: The thing is is that he really likes her. That's why we're calling.
Speaker 4: Why are you looking at me for that? Alexis is the one that usually ruins these constant Kathy over there, drop all the show.
Speaker 1: You are so self aware.
Speaker 4: Here, all right, Alexis, pipe down, We're going to call this girl. Don't ruin this for us. Here we go.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 4: Hey, is this Katrina?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's Katrina.
Speaker 1: Okay, morning, Hey Katrina, great question.
Speaker 4: This is a morning show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we are very very eager to talk to you. You want to do a second date or something?
Speaker 2: Wow? Okay, how did you reach me? This is kind of odd.
Speaker 4: It's hard to answer that because we got an email from one of our listeners that you recently at a holiday party named Joseph.
Speaker 2: Oh Joseph. Okay, yep, I remember him.
Speaker 1: How would you describe him flat out?
Speaker 4: I guess I describe him as a liar? Liar? You lies a lot, I'm a liar. No, he just completely lied to me.
Speaker 2: I met him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you had such a brief interaction with this.
Speaker 4: Guy, at least according to him what we've heard.
Speaker 2: Oh, so we told you all about it. Well, about.
Speaker 4: So I don't know if this is what Joseph told you, but we ended up making out. Not usually the order in which I do things, but we made out and then we had a talk. You don't normally do it that way, that's how we do it, so no, I do not definitely different for me. But then tells me he works at my company. Someone's like, what are you doing here?
Speaker 2: I don't recognize you.
Speaker 4: So I looked him up and there is no record of this guy working at my company.
Speaker 1: I don't know why he said that.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's been very Sometimes my friends help meet people at the bar, and you could just make stuff up and then you don't think you're gonna end up liking them, but you've already made up like, oh, yeah, I work in whatever.
Speaker 1: I mean that makes sense, alexis like, or it's just easier, right, Yeah, it's easier to say, yeah, I work here too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Maybe you own stock in the company and in a way that's like financially responsible for our owner of the company.
Speaker 2: Yah.
Speaker 4: What was that CBS show Undercover Boss or something. It's like, oh, yeah, I work here, and it's like, oh no, actually I own the whole thing. Maybe it's maybe some maybe some sort of like misunderstanding situation like that.
Speaker 2: It's okay, I highly doubt that was the case.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're just mad because he lied to you about working.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was no reason for him too. So I don't know how to respond to this guy because I don't know who he is, because he's just the party.
Speaker 2: Is he some kind of pervert?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Why do you go to perverts? I mean, why don't you just text him?
Speaker 4: You don't have to text him or do anything like that, because actually Joseph is on the other line right now waiting to talk to you. Yeah, in a non pervy way.
Speaker 2: The whole time he's been listening.
Speaker 4: Oh god, no, it's because he likes you.
Speaker 2: Joseph tell her, Katrina, And I am so sorry. I just let me just start out with that. I want to apologize. I forgot that I did tell you those things, and I want to tell you where that's coming from. I'm not a pervert, I'm not a stalker, any creeople, nothing like that.
Speaker 4: Do you work there?
Speaker 2: I don't work there.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know, no, he just said that.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm going to tell you something. I'm going to be transparent. This came from a friend of mine who does work there, and she gave me a move. If I want to say it like that, as far as if I do this particular thing, if I say, hey, I think you're pretty, do you want to make out? I can make out with any woman at that party.
Speaker 1: It is a female friend that told him to do this. I think that's very important.
Speaker 4: Thanks Brook.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just went there specifically to test out.
Speaker 4: Your move when it was not his idea. His friend is the one who was encouraging him, because Joseph did not think was saying.
Speaker 1: No to a free holiday party with the open bar. I mean, my friend worked at a big company like Y.
Speaker 4: If you should be mad at anybody, be mad at Joseph's friend for pressuring him to kiss you female friends. Female.
Speaker 1: I do think that's so important.
Speaker 4: Okay, I have crashed parties before, that makes sense. Invited. Yeah, you didn't crash it, and the only was I worked there. That's it, right.
Speaker 1: You didn't Why about anything else, did you, Joseph? No? No, No, that was it.
Speaker 2: That was it, Because Katina, you could have on me the truth.
Speaker 4: No, not really, I came here to try out this line that my friend.
Speaker 1: Know about where you work?
Speaker 2: Not that part guess works. I guess it works. I got to admit it works. Okay, So I'm kind of curious. Would that line work if a girl tried it on a guy?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I think it'd work even better.
Speaker 4: I think it would too. Actually, a hard part.
Speaker 1: Is going to be finding a guy who you actually want to make out with.
Speaker 4: Why are you asking that? To be honest, my boss is recently single and I had my.
Speaker 2: Eye on wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait no no no no, no, no no no, that's not the way you.
Speaker 4: No, what's going yours? You want to try this on your boss?
Speaker 2: I would like to try it.
Speaker 4: I mean I'm not smart. Don't do that, trust me. I've tried a lot of moves on our bosses and none of them work. So it's I didn't think it's a good idea.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey hasn't gotten to raise it over five years.
Speaker 4: No, keep getting demoted, listen.
Speaker 2: I don't even know how you guys are, so don't tell me what to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you got the idea from us, you know, from him Joseph.
Speaker 2: Joseph's got some.
Speaker 4: Smooth moves, and maybe I should well, are you going to kiss Joseph again? Because the whole reason that we're doing this call is because after you guys kissed, he felt like you had a really great connection and wanted to take it a little bit farther and go out on a real date, and we would pay for that date if you're willing to see him again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, maybe Joseph could be my wingman. No, No, come on, I'm pouring out my heart here. I like you. I want to get to know you.
Speaker 4: You guys had a connection. Give it a chance with Joseph, and once that burns out, then you can go after your bar you go.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm willing to go on a friendly date as friends.
Speaker 4: As friends and friends.
Speaker 1: Do we cover friendly dates.
Speaker 4: We can change them dating tricks and tips.
Speaker 5: Dude, you went from kissing this woman in the first five seconds to now you're her friends.
Speaker 4: Absolute friends. Wingman.
Speaker 1: I've never been not this excited about friendship.
Speaker 3: In my life.
Speaker 1: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning. Okay, that was the end of the original second date that they were on. Man, now we do have to play just a quick commercial, okay, because we do have to pay for this show somehow, and we're going to be back right after this with both of them on the phone. See what's happened since stay here?
Speaker 4: Well that call was from last Christmas, and now we've got Joseph and Katrina back on the phone to give us an update.
Speaker 1: They're both here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Katrina, what's happened in the last like six to seven months since we last spoke.
Speaker 2: Well, we've actually moved in together.
Speaker 4: Wait wait what?
Speaker 1: Wait? Who you? Yeah? You and Joseph for you and your body.
Speaker 4: Joseph, you guys are together like that? Well he's laughing, not like together with're just his friend.
Speaker 1: That's why you're laughing. Oh you're laughing, Joseph, because we assumed you guys had a romantic thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, how did that happen? Well, actually, on the date, we found out that both our leases happened to be ending at the same time, my roommate was moving out, and so I.
Speaker 2: Was like, dude, why don't you just come live with me? We can check the money.
Speaker 4: We've already got this great rapport.
Speaker 1: Joseph, Are you cool with this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: That must have been hard for you because the last time that we spoke, you seemed interested romantically in her and Katrina was the one saying you should be friends.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not gonna lie. At first, it wasn't easy, like especially when she was bringing guys over. Yeah, just as a male, we're kind of territorial, so I couldn't help. But the show just stop.
Speaker 1: Wait, so how did you get over it? How did you get over feelings for her?
Speaker 2: Oh? I guess it was her man like her actually being the best roommate I've ever like. The situation is amazing. Everything is always on point, on time. She's awesome.
Speaker 4: You could say two weeks of crying, Joseph, it's okay. You could say you cried for a long time. That's all right.
Speaker 1: It sounds like he's not.
Speaker 3: Over, but you don't never know.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: It sounds like you two are in a good place, and it's a really rare thing on this show to hear I got a friend for life out of a second date update?
Speaker 1: Why do I want another update in six months?
Speaker 4: That's really cool? But yeah, definitely keep us posting on what's going on in your lives. That's your second date update update. It's broken Jeffrey in the Morning