Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock mover's report. The company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenebeck, Romain Bostik, and Scarlet Foo.
Speaker 3: Most names in the S and P five hundred, three hundred and sixty six teams to the appside, one hundred and thirty three of the downside. Foreign Jake, go ahead, go ahead, all right.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about the circle. Pretty good breath. When it comes to the sector performance. Eight of eleven sectors finishing in the green. Three in the red. Materials you're outperformer in a big way. That sector hired by two point two percent. Financials not too far behind, one point eight percent higher industrials, healthcare also catching a bit. In terms of what didn't perform today, you can see information technology US certainly worth a big chunk of the circle, but it was communication services down one percent that was your worst performal.
Speaker 3: Carol, okay, Katie, all right, let's get to some of the individual gainers on this Thursday. I'm going to go to the fertilizer companies. We saw Mosaic. What did did you grunt.
Speaker 4: I think it was just shocked at Mosaic being up so much.
Speaker 3: Okay, Mosaic up six point two percent here at the close. We did see fertilizer stocks as a whole moving higher. This is after Ukraine said drones had hit two fertilizer plants in Western Russia on concerns that geopolitical tensions will affect supply chains for key crop nutrients. Keep in mind these affected plants relatively small in context of overall fertilizer capacity. But our own Bloomberg Intelligence alys Alexis Maxwell weighing and saying the market priced and expectations for peace, which they're now reversing. So that's why you saw those stocks on the move higher. Concerns about shortages, but that certainly plays into those who can deliver it and probably you know, charge more and all that good stuff. Hey Eli, Lilly at its highs today, up about three point eight percent, finishing the day with a game of about one point six percent. A next generation A B City shot from Lily help patients lose almost a quarter of their body weight in sixty eight weeks. Patients on the highest dose of the drug experienced more than sixty two percent reduction in knee pain according to a self reported questionnaire. We are finding these drugs you lose weight, your overall health improves. But this one some outperformance there, and so you definitely saw investors moving into Eli Lilly and then just quickly Disney certainly on our radar today up about two and a half percent at the close. Disney agreeing to invest a billion dollars in Open Ai and license iconic characters for you some of the startups AI video platform platform. We thought this was kind of interesting because Disney's so protective of their IP, but nonetheless they definitely wanted some kind of relationship with Open Ai, and so investors seem to like it.
Speaker 5: Don iss Haannah Miller reminded us they're suing mid Journey for you know, creating stuff with characters. So anyway, those are the gainers. I got the decliners. We got to start with the Oracle down close to eleven percent today, ten point nine percent we're seeing day since January. At one point in the session it was down the most going all the way back to two thousand and one. This after the company escalated its spending on AI data centers and other equipment at a raised more than one hundred billion dollars in market value capex about twelve billion dollars in the quarter. That's an increase from eight and a half billion in the preceding period. Fiscal second quarter cloud sales increase thirty four percent to close to eight billion dollars. Also among the worst performers in the S and P five hundred on a percentage basis, Robinhood Markets down nine percent today. This after the company reported that November trading volume saw a month over month decline due to equity and crypto trading. November assets under custody are three one hundred and twenty five billion dollars. This stock still up more than two hundred and thirty percent so far this year, and finally, shares of Rivian fell today by six percent. They took it after the company and built its own AI chip designed to replace in Nvidia tech as part of a broader push to enhance the automated driving vehicle capabilities in its future vehicles. So it's going to equip the upcoming R two SUV with Rivian Autonomy Processor one chips and a new light our sensor that will help Rivian's efforts to eventually offer autonomous driving capability once again. Rivian shares down today six percent.
Speaker 1: All right, a quick check on yields, and we should just point out not a whole lot happened today. In fact, that screen there, we're just going to call it unch across the board here we did get obviously a big move lower yesterday here, but yield still been relatively elevated relative to where they had been just a few months ago. Here again a market right now still trying to suss out what the Fed does next. We should point out we had set Stashnik on a little bit early earlier, who was talking about this increase in the Yolker, particularly with the two tens, and saying that that's something that we should keep an eye on. Though I think we have some breaking news crossing the wire right now on Lululemon.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, we'll get to the earnings, but let's talk about the management change. They are announcing in a statement announcing that Kelvin McDonald plants to step down as CEO and member of the company's board of directors effective January thirty first, twenty twenty six, also announcing that Marty Morphitz is Chair of the board, will take on an expanded role as executive chair effective immediately too, and this is, according to the release, ensure the continued execution of the company's near and long term growth strategy during this transition. Really, you can see the share of spiking right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Calvin McDonald thereon spike a lot more because they're down like fifty percent this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Calvin McDonald there since August of twenty eighteen. It looks like so interesting to see these changes. Let's go through some of their financial results, folks. Let's go right to the outlook. Fourth quarter net revenue three point five billion to three point five nine billion. The street estimate was at the higher end, three point five to nine billion. Let's go back to the third quarter. Third quarter EPs two fifty nine. That's a beat to twenty two was the street estimate. Third quarter total com sales x FX up two percent. The estimate was a gain of point seven two percent, so there's some outperformance there. International comp sales for the third quarter x currency up eighteen percent. That too, is way above the estimate street estimate of ten point seven percent higher. And gross margin for the third quarter fifty five point six percent. Again, that's a better number. Than what the street was expecting. They were looking for fifty four point four percent. But again, in terms of the outlook, go ahead, remain Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I didn't mean to cut you off, but I'm starting to read to this release here, and I'm curious about this idea that they don't actually have a successor a setup for McDonald just yet. They're basically starting the search. And it's never really a good sign when you basically announce the departure of the CEO without actually announcing who they're actually replacing that person with. So they basically got what I'm not this correct, about seven or eight weeks to figure this out before he leaves at the end of January.
Speaker 5: Well look, I mean you mentioned it this year. Shoes down fifty one percent so far this year, Romaine shares down from a twenty twenty three high more than sixty three. There's been a lot of critics out there, not just of the company, but even people formerly involved in the company. Chip Wilson, for example, has been outspoken about what he thinks should be done at Lululemons. So I agree, never a good sign when they don't have a successor actually lined up. But we'll see who they pick, and if he or she can turn the ship around.
Speaker 2: This stockmover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.