Speaker 1: Welcome into the Bobbycast ACM Awards Special.
Speaker 2: I am Kevin and I'm Shannon Ella.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited to be doing this with you and talk about the awards because the ACMs. It's been a long time since I've actually sat and watched through an entire award show.
Speaker 2: And that was.
Speaker 1: Insane, sane. I didn't and I never got bored.
Speaker 3: No me neither, because how could you. It was like performance. I felt like I was at a festival with really great speeches in between, where it's like you know when you're at a wedding and the speeches sometimes go off, you know a little bit. Yes, this time it was like a wedding with like really great speeches.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It was one after another and then performance after another, and there was never I think there's maybe what one commercial I want to say, Yeah, and it's that for an Amazon Prime show or movie.
Speaker 2: Coming out which I really want to watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. Same here, I'm like, okay, even this is entertaining.
Speaker 2: It was like the bull riding one is see that.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's a bull I remember Air?
Speaker 3: They were oh the Air one, Yes, yeah, that one looks great too. It there was a bull riding show or something, and I was like, Okay, I'm in. But yeah, I feel like most award shows are going in the direction of like more performances.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's way better that way. Yeah, that's what we want to hear exactly.
Speaker 1: You're like, Okay, we have all these great artists, the best in the industry, best in the world. I want to hear them do what they do best, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it was so good, I mean, like and a lot of throwbacks too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is really cool. Yeah, when they brought out Chricier year would And we'll get into some performances, but I want to start right away with best Dressed.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is hard.
Speaker 3: I made a list, and I feel like your list is like one line is like ten.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: So I'll start with you.
Speaker 1: Then name off a feel.
Speaker 3: Okay, I have to say Gabby Barrett. I don't know if you saw her. She had like these gigantic black sleeves on, like her dress was bigger than her and her husband like he couldn't even get near her. And I don't know how she made it down the carpet with that dress, but it was so cool. But I specifically loved all the blue that was on the carpet this year. I felt like a lot of people wearing that color Marida Lambert, Texan Ryan and Brittany Kelly to Neil Towns and Mackenzie Porter, my Canadian girls looking good and blue. Okay, but I know your pick. I feel like is gonna be one of the dudes on the carpet.
Speaker 1: It has to be. And it's not even the outfit itself, it's when he was getting interviewed on the carpet by Brilin. By the way, Brilin did a great job all the hosted, but Brilyan I thought.
Speaker 2: Was crushed it.
Speaker 3: I thought I was like, he should not that I want him to steal my job. But hey, I'm like Brilin, I would love to co host something with him. I feel like he's so good at that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did a great job, and he had a great job of like connecting with the artists, you know, as a fellow artist himself. But going back to who he interviewed, it was Mitchell Tenpenny. And the reason I say Mitchell Tenpenny is because he had the bolo tie and he had a Texas look to him, and Brilin asked him like you got the Texas five going today. We've seen him in the studio and outside the studio and it doesn't really dress like that. And he's like, yeah, I ain't got this today.
Speaker 2: Of course he did. That was like true Mitchell style, right.
Speaker 1: He's like, you know what, I'm gonna go to the ACMs in Texas. I'm gonna look like I live in Texas and I'm front Texas.
Speaker 2: He looked like he did at his wedding.
Speaker 3: Like when his wedding photos came out to Megan, they're all wearing cowboy hats. I was like, I'd never seen Mitchell wearing a cowboy hat before, but he rocks it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he looked great. He rocked it. And I just thought him saying, yeah, I went out and bought it this today, like he didn't try to hide it, and he said, yeah, this is what it's like when somebody comes to Nashville and they go out and buy, you know, a cowboy hat and they wear it on Broadway. You're like, yeah, I'm in Nashville. This is what I do.
Speaker 2: I'm a cowboy. But that's such a guy thing to do.
Speaker 3: Like women cannot just go out and buy their red carpet outfit like the day of the award show.
Speaker 2: Good point, yeah, point, it can't happen.
Speaker 3: But I will say I want to give a shower to all the ladies out there that were bumping on the red carpet because there were a lot of baby bumps happening, and Nicole Comb's, Luke Combs, Kimberly Kelly, Caitlyn Smith, just to name a few. I was pregnant obviously at one point. I have a son, and I never had to go to an award show red carpet pregnant, and I was so grateful for that. But they rocked it because I wouldn't think it would be fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say, how would that somebody who has been through that? What would that be like for you? You think, because there's a lot of that's a lot in itself. Yeah, And they go out there and go on the red carpet and the whole performance and everything, that's gonna be a lot. Right.
Speaker 3: I was really not that I wanted the pandemic to happen, but I was pregnant through the pandemic and the CMA Awards like ACM Awards are all happening, and I was like, man, I'm so glad I don't have to get dressed in a gown with this big belly. Yeah, and so I was really grateful. But all those moms they look great. But okay, best looking couple. This One's always really hard for me to choose because there's a lot of really great ones. But I think I'm going to go with Nicole and Luke Combs because I feel like they're just the sweetest couple ever and they both just look so in love and so pumped about them, you know, having another baby. So I'm going with Nicole and Luke.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to go with another Nicole. Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban. Can't go wrong with them. I know it's a little cliche here, but they just look so cool and just it's nothing fancy about it. It's just we just show up and this is who we are. And you know, when they walk in a room, matter what they're wearing, they just rocket and they look like the biggest power couple on that red carpet, which is saying something because they are.
Speaker 2: I know, yeah, they really are.
Speaker 3: Like Nicole Kidman is just so cool. I have no other that's it. She's just so cool.
Speaker 1: And then Keith is also cool. The guy ever, he just walks up and he's just like, I know there, and I can't do the accident, you know.
Speaker 3: He's like, that's something I never try to attempt because accents never come out in the moment the way that you could do them behind closed doors. Like as soon as you're put on the spot, you're like, nope, my Australian is now Jamaican, I.
Speaker 1: Know, exactly like my Irish or Jamaican or German, I don't know what it is here. But another one I thought that I noticed because she was constantly on the camera was Leaney and her new boyfriend.
Speaker 2: I saw that Duck Hodges I did not know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I because I only know him as a sports fan, and he played for a little bit in the NFL. He had I think maybe one start. But I was like, wait, I think that's pretty sure. That's Tim. But I've never seen him outside of a football uniform. And he's wearing the Bolo tie sitting next to her, and you know, anything she wears, she rocks well, so next to her, I was just like, okay, I like it.
Speaker 3: When they showed them on the carpet. He was the only one in the picture at one point, and.
Speaker 2: I was like, who is that artist? Because he looked so country.
Speaker 3: And then she came walking in and like put her arm around him, and I was like, what is happening here?
Speaker 2: I did not know?
Speaker 3: So yeah, very cool new relationship announced on the carpet. Best Acceptance Speech. There were so many. I kept literally writing down my favorite and then I'd erace it and be like, no, this one wins for me. But Cole Swindell he got to make a few tonight, which we will talk about. But his little shout at the end, since I'm a mom to wish everyone happy Mother's Day, I loved he didn't thank his fiance, so I thought when he won the next award, I was like, Okay, surely he's gonna thank his brand new fiance.
Speaker 2: And he did not.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, Cole, if you're listening, don't miss her on the next acceptance.
Speaker 1: Speech, right, you got to tell him send him a text.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm gonna literally right now, be like, dude, you just got engaged.
Speaker 1: I do love the Mother's Day thing because he came back, he gave his speech, and then everybody, the writers all the other writers talked to them, and he came back and and said, Happy Mother's Day all the moms out there. So I did love that as well. Me too, but I think we can both agree. The best it made me, literally lol, was Hardy.
Speaker 2: I think I messaged you. It was like, did he really just do that? As he did?
Speaker 1: He walked up and said, I forgot to spit my dip out before I came up here, so I got a dip in right now, And he just went on and went on about his business. Typical Hardy form, good old country boy just doesn't care, walks up there and big old'ipper in his mouth and accept an award.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, it would not be an ACM Awards without like something like crazy like that happening during you don't know or don't expect that you're going to win an award. You're like in the bathroom or you're with a dip in like Hardy. But he still was able to speak really well, which I've never done dip before, But I feel like it would be tricky to not spit at some point.
Speaker 1: If you're a seasoned veteran. For sure, he probably has done it for so long that he just swallows it, which is very tough to imagine. And I mean I've done it times on accident, never on purpose. So Hardy is a veteran in the dipping world. But his speech was awesome and just coming up there and doing that. And we were talking about the most fun to sit within the audience if you were at that show, if you had to have a seat next to somebody, who would it be with or people?
Speaker 3: I mean, I would say Hardy, But now that I know he was doing dip and spitting in a cup in the front row, I'm like, well maybe not. But honestly, Landy Wilson is one of my favorite people ever. Every time I'm with her, I always have the best time. And I just know she, no matter what win or lose, like she was going to be having a party and enjoying herself. So I would want to sit with Laney.
Speaker 1: I can't go wrong with that. Laney. And now Duck Hodges, of.
Speaker 2: Course, yes, I know. I guess I'm skeoching him over thought.
Speaker 1: You're like, you got to excuse me, Doug, but mine would be and they didn't really show him. I was kind of upset as Jelly roll I don't know where he was sitting.
Speaker 2: He obviously maybe he wasn't sitting, he was partying somewhere.
Speaker 1: That's probably true. He said that on the red carpet too. They're like, hey, how's your You know you been here in Texas? How's your night going? Like we've been partying since Monday?
Speaker 2: And he's not lying, no, no, he is not lying.
Speaker 1: So I would just love to sit next to jelly Roll, be anywhere with jelly Roll, and to be at an event like that would be awesome. I can't even imagine just how loud he was and how much fun he was having, because he's just joyful no matter what he's doing and no matter where he's at. So mine would have been jelly Roll for sure. And moving on from that, the host.
Speaker 2: Two hosts, two hosts.
Speaker 3: So I was so excited when I found out that Garth and Dolly were co hosting the awards, because one, I love Dolly Parton, I mean who doesn't, and I feel like she's so great at it. But Garth Burk says, never, I've never seen him in that kind of position before. But as if you've been to a Garth show, you know that he's he basically is a host every night when he performs because he's so good. So I just was kind of intrigued to see what he was going to be like as a co host, and I feel like he crushed it because he never felt like he was reading off a teleprompter. I mean at times he was, but I just think that that's something he should do more of personally. And the two of them were together was really cool. A lot of like royalty up there and Dolly. I love her outfits. They are just so good and the goat bringing the literal the goat coming out on stage at the beginning.
Speaker 1: The great thing about Garth was and like you said, he's got such a presence on him and he's performing, but he was up there with Dolly and he kind of knew it. He'd let her be the star of the show because as big as he is, which is crazy to say, Dolly is even bigger.
Speaker 2: She's the goat.
Speaker 1: She is the goat exactly. So I thought he did a great job of letting her even though they were co hosts. She was really the star of the show all night, even with the end performance with her new song at the very end, and I thought they just they teamed it well together. They gelled well together, and like you said, he was very smooth with everything he did. And I thought they were just awesome together. They were entertaining.
Speaker 3: I hope they get them again next year. I truly I did enjoy them. I was wondering where he was going when he was talking about the goat and naming all of these incredible men. I was like, you have not listed one woman, sir, And then I was like, Okay, I see where you're going with this. But yeah, the amount of awards that were given out tonight was overwhelming. Did you have any that kind of shocked you? I mean, we'll get into it more, but was there a category that kind of blew your mind?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say necessarily a category. I would say overall Colswandel, yeah, and how much he won. And I'm not hating on it at all. It's just that shocked me more than anything. I mean, it started with Colswondell, whom won the first award, and then the Song of the Year she had me at Heags Carolina, and I think it's just the background of Heads Carolina right that everyone loves and Jody Massina that performed it. And it was great, So I was surprised. That was my biggest surprise, probably of all the awards. It's how many he took away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, me too, and not like you said. I love that song so much and it's so cool for them to bring back such an iconic nineties song and have Jody Massina on the show. But I just was not expected him. I think the second award he also was not expecting to get because you.
Speaker 2: Look at all those songs that are nominated.
Speaker 3: I don't know who chooses them, but it would be a really tough job because I could not do it.
Speaker 1: Oh, because they're all so great. You're like, yeah, that's gonna win. No. Eight, that's gonna win. Wait I know, Oh that's the winner. You're like, oh, okay, she had me a head Carolina.
Speaker 3: But it is a jam, and I feel like maybe we should encourage people to rewrite epic nineties songs.
Speaker 1: It's going well.
Speaker 2: For it's going well, Let's keep doing it.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Let's run through the awards then real quick, and we'll start with the ones that were announced the night before New Male Artists of the Year. The finalists were Bailey Zimmerman, Dylan Scott, Nate Smith, Zach Bryan, Jackson, Dene, and Ernest. And the winner was Zach Bryan, which was a little surprising only because he's not really on the radio. Yeah, but he's got such a big following and he's such a great artist. So like me personally, I was like, well, yeah, that makes sense, but it was just a little surprising in the sense of he's not as well known throughout the country as maybe say somebody like an Ernest or even a Bailey Zimmerman of course too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, honestly, that category was so stacked because, especially in the new era with social media and the amount of TikTok fans that people have and stuff like that, artists like Nate and Bailey, Nate Smith and Bailey Zimmerman, like these guys at the start of their career already have such a massive fan base and people that show up for them in such a huge way. So I feel like Zach Bryan's super deserving of it. But it could have gone so many ways, and I feel like they'll all be nominated again at some point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, They're None of those guys are going anywhere anytime now, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: New female artists of the Year category. So many great ladies in here, Caitlyn Smith, Megan Maroney, Hailey Witters, Morgan Wade, and Priscilla Block. And I was so, so so happy. I have been such a long time supporter of this girl. Hailey Witters was the winner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, congratul to her. She deserves every bit of it. Her performance was awesome too. I mean it was simple, subtle, but typical Hayley. She's up there with a smile the whole time, sounds great, looks great, and I'm very very happy for her as well.
Speaker 3: I remember when she first started releasing music and I played her on radio in Canada and I got a message from her and Kappy being like, thanks so much for supporting and you know, we hope that you know, this turns into something really big. And I was like, I've loved her since her first EP she ever released, and to see where she is now, I'm like, girl and she crushed it. Her performance was one of those that I listed as one of my favorites for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you could tell everyone feels the same about her in the industry, whether it's an artist or some of you management or somebody that works you know, Red carpet, interview, radio, anything. Everyone. She walks in a room and you're like, this girl is just special, so congratulate her. We'll go on to Song of the Year, and the finalists were Morgan wall and Sand in My Boots, Cole Swindell She Had Me at Head, Carolina, Cody Johnson n Til You Can't Hardy and Laney Wilson of Wait in the Truck, and Chris Stapleton You should probably leave. We just talked about Cole, yeah, and he won.
Speaker 2: This and the Song of the Year.
Speaker 3: Like, you have to really look up how these songs are chosen, because you know there is reasons why they choose Song of the Year and Single of the Year. There's certain criteria that they have to match and stuff, but every single one of those matches the criteria to be nominated. My personal favorite out of that one has always forever been Till You Can't Buy Cody Johnson, Like that song just blows my mind. But I'll be honest, I feel like all of those songs are ones that I've listened to multiple times over the past year. So when he was announced, I didn't go, eh, I don't think that's right.
Speaker 2: I was just like damn good for you, Cole.
Speaker 1: I know, yeah, same here. My personal favorite probably would be and I thought it would win just because it's who he is, Chris Stapleton. You should probably leave because just Chris Stapleton, just so you hear that voice and you can't go wrong with that. That's one of my favorite songs from him, for sure.
Speaker 3: Group of the Year, So Nominee's Lady a Midland Old Dominion, Little Big Town in Zach Brown Band and Big Surprise for the sixth year in a Row Old Dominion. But honestly, they are in credible. Like I got to go out and watch a bunch of their shows on the No Bad Vibe sewer and their show is like something I've never seen before.
Speaker 2: It is truly incredible.
Speaker 3: So I can't say I'm at all surprised that they've won that award for six years because they really are such a great group.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they put out album after album, single after single, and they've been doing it for so long, like you said, six times, that's insane. It's almost like they just show up now. They just know, they're like, yeah, okay, we're here again to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I do want to call Matt out though, lead singer who broke his pelvis back in January. I interviewed them right before they were they was like the beginning of the tour, and he said to me they were talking about a skiing trip and he was like, I'm not allowed to go out, you know, on the slopes because I'm the most accident prone.
Speaker 2: So when I heard of his injury, I was like, Matt, what were you doing? What were you doing? So I'm calling you out? No more activities while on tour.
Speaker 1: I did like his cane though, I did he looked really cool. Yeah, I was gonna say, you rocked. That came pretty well. Of course they would have a cool cane like that. Yeah, they always look cool, they sound cool, just cool. Then, speaking of cool, the Duo of the Year finalists, we got Dan and Shay Brothers Osborne, Brooks and Dunn, Maddie and Tay, the War and Treaty Brothers Osbourne Wins. I wasn't surprised those guys. I mean, all these finalists are great, but Brothers Osbourne, They're just something about them that anytime the Ronald lifts of something like yep, they're probably gonna win this award, just like old dominion.
Speaker 3: Yep, I will say Warren Treaty. Their performance on the ACM Awards was and everyone will probably agree with this, everyone in the crowd and even Garth and Dawley when they went on after like the most mind blowing impressive performance I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they caught me by a big surprise. I mean I've never seen them du a live performance at all, and I was like, it was just NonStop.
Speaker 3: I literally am speechless because as I was watching it, I was just like, holy Mully, they are taking everyone to school right now in vocals because it's like and their husband wife, I know.
Speaker 2: Power couple.
Speaker 1: Good for them.
Speaker 3: Yep. Okay, Single of the Year, here we go again, Lady Wilson, Heart like a truck, Carly Pearson, Ashley McBride never wanted to be that girl. Cole Swindell, she had me at Heads Carolina, Caine Brown and Caitlin Brown with Thank God, and Cody Johnson until you Can't So again. Cole Swindell took it home with She had me at Heads Carolina and again I'm not surprised that he took it home, but there were just so many other great ones in there. I did have a feeling that Laney was going to take it home with heartle Like a Truck.
Speaker 1: I thought she would be the winner. I was like, and that came up, I said, yeah, it's probably gonna be Laney, because you knew she was gonna win a few words, at least more than one for sure. And when that came up with his Heart like a Truck, that song's everywhere from commercials to your radio to the playlist, and I was either that. I thought came Brown and Kaitlyn Brown had a chance as well, just because of their duo, the husband and wife aspect of it. It's a great song. They both sound great on it, but Colswindell does it again.
Speaker 3: I secretly was kind of hoping Cain Brown and Caitlyn would win it just because I really wanted her to win an award for that song because I love the two of them together so much, and she has crushed it like for someone that I know. She has a singing background but hasn't done a lot of performing.
Speaker 2: Prior to this. I was like, girl, you are a powerhouse.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Did you go to their Nationville show or no?
Speaker 2: No? I didn't go?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, so I went to that show a what a month or two ago and we're all anticipating, Okay, how she's gonna sound live. It's a whole different ballgame right live on stage in front of a crowd, even better, really even better.
Speaker 2: Surprised honestly, I was like.
Speaker 1: She has overtaking the stage from Kane, and Kane Kane knew it. He's like, go ahead, girl, it's all yours. So she sounded great. They sound great together. And let's go to Male Artists of the Year now with Chris Stapleton, Kane Brown, Jordan Davis, Morgan Wallen and Luke Combs being the finalist. Now, Morgan Wallin won, But did you think that anytime Chris Stapleton's on the list, I always think it's going to be him winning, and then Luke Combs is another one. But Morgan, he takes it home. It sucks he couldn't be there. Yeah, six week thing, and Garth did a good job of talking for him at the end there. But I got to say I was a little surprised Chris or Luke didn't win. As big as Morgan is now and as much as he's crushing it, I just thought mall art of this Year Male Artists of the Year might have gone to either Chris or Luke, but I'm glad for Morgan.
Speaker 3: I personally, and I just had this gut feeling, which obviously I was wrong. I thought for sure Caine Brown was going to take it home. I really did, mainly because most people would have expected Luke or Chris or Morgan to win it. And I was just like, you know what, No, this is Caine's year, this is Kine's year. I really felt like I had, you know it right. And then when they announced it, obviously Morgan is so deserving of it, and I'm bummed for him, but I do think as far as snubs go, I still feel like came Brown how he has, he didn't win anything tonight. I'm just like, man, that guy deserves some awards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was surprising, I will say that too. I mean nothing at all I thought he would win. Yeah, you're right, Male Artists, ye or something Single of the Year like we just talked about, But he didn't really take up anything. That was very surprising.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Female Artists of the Year, such great ones.
Speaker 2: And I'm going to talk about a surprise in this one in a second.
Speaker 3: But Kelsey Vallerini, Laney Wilson, Carly Pierce, Ashley McBride, Miranda Lambert, and Lane Wilson was the winner. So deserving and all those ladies are so so talented. The big surprise to me in that category was that Carrie Underwood wasn't nominated.
Speaker 2: Did that not shock you a little bit?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I didn't really, I mean didn't process in my head until you wrote it down on the notes and I said, hey, wait, what where is she?
Speaker 3: I thought it was a typo when they first announced it. I was like, surely they got this wrong. Right, she's nominated for Entertainer. Come on, guys, I just think she should have been nominated. But either way, Laney Wilson so deserved, Like this is the Year of Laney Wilson, it really is. And I she could not be a more deserving human to have all those things happening to her. But her acceptance speeches were so so incredible. I just love her because she's so well spoken, Like I've interviewed her a bunch of times, and she's just somebody that when you are interviewing her or talking to her she's speaking, you're listening to every word she says. And she's so inspiring that I feel like she probably inspired a lot of young performers sitting at home watching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she has that presence about her too, even people who don't like country music, or maybe not my mom being well, she likes country music. But she texted me last year, I think it was during Cmas and she's like, Laney Wilson is amazing. Yeah, everyone loves Laney Wilson.
Speaker 2: She is and she's just so fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And she's fun on stage, she's fun everywhere. And then speaking to Laney, she won Album of the Year with Bell Bottom Country. The other finalist where Miranda Lambert with Palomino, Luke Combe's Growing Up, John Party Missed Her Saturday Night, and Ashley McBride with Ashle McBride Presents Lynnville. I wasn't surprised at this one, and I'm happy for her because during the red carpet she was saying they asked her, if there's one award you want to win tonight, what would it be, and she said Album of the Year. So good for her, well deserved, great album, And not surprised at all.
Speaker 3: No, me neither, because that record I played over and over and over again because it really is like from start to finish, so great every song on it. And I got to hear her do something really cool last year at CMA Fest. She did like one of the songwriters rounds, and I got to hear her sit down and play a couple of the songs off that record with the writers and just to hear what they heard in the room the day that they were writing those songs.
Speaker 2: For that album.
Speaker 3: You're like, wow, to hear what it turned out to be. It almost sounded just as good with them with acoustic guitars.
Speaker 1: Right, And she said, didn't she say? Tonight? She wrote three hundred songs.
Speaker 2: Three hundred songs during COVID.
Speaker 1: Yeah, three hundred.
Speaker 2: Where are the rest of those? Is what I want to.
Speaker 1: Know, Laney, if you're listening to this, we need those right now. Yeah, Okay, release.
Speaker 2: Them all because guaranteed they're all great.
Speaker 3: And she'll she'll be like, no, they're all like half of them are crap and that's why they didn't release. But I bet you any money we would all jam out to them for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Morgan can drop thirty six songs on an album. We need a thirty six album from Laney.
Speaker 2: See hundred songs from Laney Wilson. Are We There?
Speaker 3: Are We?
Speaker 2: At the Entertainer of the Year.
Speaker 1: Fine By just like the award show itself.
Speaker 3: It did, Honestly it did because you don't get bored. Like you said, there's so many great performances. But what I want to say about the Entertainer of the Year category is I loved how they did the videos, Like it was like a show opener video before every single entertainer. It was just so exciting. It was kind of like the fight song playing before they came out. I was like, this is cool. This is a new thing. I've never seen before.
Speaker 1: It's like a boxer walking out to the song or something. I like, yeah, that's that's a good call. Actually, that was awesome for them to do.
Speaker 2: That pumped me up. I was like, all right, let's go.
Speaker 3: Jason Aldine, Miranda Lambert, Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Kane Brown, Lukecombs, and Morgan Wallen.
Speaker 2: That's a stacked category.
Speaker 1: That's unreal.
Speaker 2: And Chris Stapleton took home first time winning that's surprising Entertainer of the Year at the ACMs.
Speaker 1: Now, my first thought when I saw that was, I guess he's not a huge entertainer, uote unquote. You know, he's probably got the best voice overall on the songs. But when I think of entertainer, you might think of somebody more along the line of Morgan Wallen, Kane Brown up on the stage, maybe entertaining. I saw Luke Combs a few weeks ago here in Nashville, and that was a hell of a show.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it's like, what is your definition of a great entertainer? And that can be such a broad answer because there's a lot of people fans that would say Chris Stapleton is the entertainer of the year because when they go to a show of his, they're blown away. But there's you know, when I go to a show and I see Kerrie Underwood put on a show like it's a Las Vegas residency every night and she's changing five hundred times in the show like she's amazing, Right, So I think it kind of depends. I would love to hear fans take on that award because I bet you would be there'd be so many different answers to who to comb Entertainer of the Year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a very open award. I wanted to do like a poll or something, but then the poll would have to be like, but leave a comment here and every but he's comments a little bit different. Yeah, but I agree, I don't. I didn't see Kerry this year either perform, but I heard her shows are absolutely unbelievable.
Speaker 3: She's incredible. But I mean, like you said, Luke Combs, I've seen Jayson Alden, Miranda Lambert, like, they're all such incredible entertainers, and so is Chris Stapleton. So I just loved his pure shock. I've never seen him get quite that emotional in an acceptance speech because the guys won a lot of awards, right, but that one really blew him away.
Speaker 2: He was not expecting that, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: And he talked about his kids and you know how he takes time away from them and he's really appreciative of them, like understanding, and yeah, that was a surprise to me too. I was like, way, is he gonna cry a little bit right here? Because yeah, he definitely got emotional, which is something he's very stoic, very just straight face. This is what you're getting. You get my beautiful voice. That's about it.
Speaker 2: Listen, that's it.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly Well, we already talked about our biggest surprise with Cole Swindell, what about performance of the night? Talking about a little bit, but did you have a favorite? You got a list of about seven of them.
Speaker 2: I'm like that person that's like, just pick one, and I'm like, can I have three? Are you sure I have to pick one multiple?
Speaker 3: I have honorable mentions, okay, because I can never pick just one. But I think my favorite is going to be jelly Roll with Lany Wilson, where she exited the stage and went into her performance of Greece, and then she dropped her pack that her in ears for anyone who doesn't know what that is, like they came off of her pants and she grabbed it in the air while she was playing air guitar, and then just held her pack in her hand while she performed the rest of the song, like that. She is going to be in the Entertainer of the Year category at some point. I'm putting it out there.
Speaker 1: Yes, not too far from yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And then honorable mentions Cody Johnson Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys, Warren Treaty like we said before, and then Carly Pearson Trishiare with their medley performance of all Tricia's hits was really really cool. That was one of the earlier performances of the night. But I loved that they.
Speaker 1: Were awesome together and Tricia sounded great, so good. I mean, see Carl was sounded good, and then Tricia came on. I'm like, oh, oh, yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, Trisha like hello Tricia, right, okay.
Speaker 1: My favorite was you already said Cody Johnson Mama's Don't let your Babies grow up to be Cowboys and the whole Willie Nelson FaceTime thing, And that was awesome. Cody Johnson playing in Texas playing, I mean, come on, you can't go wrong with that. And so I since you already talked about that though, I'll also go with Ed Sheeran and Luke Combs. Ugh, that was so good, awesome. I've seen videos of them performing on stage together, but to actually see it live, even though it's on TV, but live actually happening, singing life goes on. I mean, those are two very very talented artists, very talented people, and to see them combine together and it sound like they play a lot together. No, that's what amazes me about these people that come on stage, like even the Tricia and the Carly Pearce where it's like sound like they go on tour together. It's something that they performed to other and they can just hop on a stage and just kill it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know I can't sing, but I'm like, you know, that.
Speaker 3: Would take a lot of work for most, I think, but a lot of them just walk out there and make it happen. Ed Cheron did say on the Red Carpet that he wishes he could switch into the country music genre because he thinks the country music is so great and the songwriters are so talented. So we're just putting it out there. Ed, if you want to come over to the country world, we will welcome you with open.
Speaker 1: Arms, open arms. Id you hear that? I know you're listening to this.
Speaker 2: Hey yeah, thank you, Ed, come on in.
Speaker 3: Ed.
Speaker 1: That goes through all the awards, biggest surprise, favorite performance. Is there anything else you'd like to add?
Speaker 2: I think just that.
Speaker 3: All in all, there was not one part of the award show, which sometimes when you watch award shows you're like snooze, I'm not loving this or I'm not super entertained. Every performance was so great. Everyone sounded great. Everyone looked great. It was actually like one of the most entertaining award shows I've watched along time.
Speaker 1: I agree, Yeah yeah, I did off of that, piggyback off of that, and like I said, no commercials. About an hour in, I was like, wait, are they gonna be commercials? And there really wasn't. It was just NonStop, one thing after the end. As soon as it looked like they're going into a commercial and you're gonna take a little breathe to go to the bathroom or something, you're like, wait, oh say it out. Cody Johnson's on stage. Now, oh, here we go.
Speaker 3: I went to go get a snack and Mariana Lambert started singing and I was like stop, stop, stop stop stop all right?
Speaker 2: Ready?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so good on Amazon. Amazon did great. Everything was great, Garth, Dolly, Bobby did great.
Speaker 3: Yes, Bobby you did. We learned about your golf game with Caine, and it was cool to see that backstage because that's something that is a viewer of an award show. They exit the stage and you don't see them anymore. So to kind of have that in between, to keep you, like you said, entertained and not bored through the entire thing. It was really cool, so fan of that for sure.
Speaker 1: Overall a plus. Great job and where can they find you on.
Speaker 2: Social media at Shannon Ella.
Speaker 1: Okay that's simple. Yeah, all right me kick off, Kevin and thanks for listening. Hope you guys enjoyed. And Shannon, this is a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so much fun. Thanks for having me and getting to do this. Thank you guys for listening to the ACM Awards Special.
Speaker 2: This has been a Bobby cast production.