Speaker 1: Hey, Yo, what's up with it?
Speaker 2: This boy task right here for the world famous alcoholists and right about now I'm telling them a boot Leg cav podcast.
Speaker 3: Ay, before we start the episode, we're gonna remind everybody, man, we got one of the biggest radio shows in the country, syndicated in almost one hundred cities all over. Shout out to iHeartRadio. All right, some of the latest cities that we've been able to add. Man, we want to give a shout out to ninety three point nine to Beat in Honolulu. That's right, Hawaii, we over there going crazy. I also want to give a shout out Hot ninety eight three and Tucson. Shout out to Tucson going crazy. Also want to give a shout out to Wild ninety four one in Tampa going crazy. We just got Richmond. We also just got the good folks in Bakersfield at Hot one O four seven. So we're going crazy on the radio with my partner James Andre Jefferson Junior for the Bootleg keV Show. So make sure you tune in and you can listen anywhere on that iHeart Radio app. That's right, let's get into the interview. Bootleg CAB Podcast special guests in here, the legend tash tash what's going on?
Speaker 1: Oh man, same fight, dimming around, just working man, working, working, working, just.
Speaker 2: As people might know, and everything from the group of alcoholics, of course, and as people might know that a lot of that that that living up to the image caught up to me.
Speaker 3: So are you trying to tell me that a member of the alcoholics is not drinking as much as.
Speaker 1: This sober halics that's what we call it. You guys are sober holics.
Speaker 3: Now, we don't really drink like that.
Speaker 2: When that it took a toll like twenty something years of just every single night as a party, every single day you wake up as a party, every time you got something you know to do that day. Uh, you know, drinking is involved with it some kind of way. So you know, I had to, you know, kick back and and pull on the rains like Santa Claus slowed down a little bit.
Speaker 3: So I always wondered this because you guys are amazing m season. I mean you, I mean, damn dude. You guys got classic albums. You guys have your fingerprints on so much of this West Coast shit that people don't even realize it's insane. But was ever a certain point in time where y'all got like two or three albums in where you were like, I know, because I know you guys went from the Alcoholics to the Licks right right, were you guys regretted just going all in with the alcoholics thing?
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, with a name like the Alcoholics. First of all, we was a young group, kind of sure and everything, so people miscing screwed the word alcoholics with like the bomb in the streets, with the little you know, the three dollars vodka and all this. You know, they they took the name and we got boycott, not boycott, but we called it. We got banned from a lot of shit like we had. We got invited to Soul Train and then we showed up there and they saw the name and they was like, hold on, we can't put Alcoholics on national TV. And like we we couldn't tour with trycoll Quest through the Bible Belt because of the name, and a lot of TV shows and shit turned it down because it was like we're trying to get away from the negative word alcoholics, you know what I'm saying. But we spelled it different and told motherfuckers that we you know, we're really anti drinking and driving. We had a lot of positive ship to say too, but that get overlooked.
Speaker 3: You know, but did you did you guys? I mean, obviously everyone should be getting triagered to driving, but I can imagine once you guys start losing out on ship, it's like okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but see that's whatened that ship backfire too, because when we I don't know if somebody's idea was, let's change the name. Since they called us the Licks. You know, it's the Licks, baby, it's the Licks. They call us that anyway, let's change the name officially to the Alcoholics. So we did that for one album, which was a disaster because nobody that really fucked with us on the alcohol you know what I'm saying with the experience, right yeah, XO experience, we call ourselves the Licks, and it did not work because we got no more you know, say, we didn't get it else that we wasn't getting as the Alcoholics.
Speaker 3: So that was the last album on Loud.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I get I get mixed up, man, but that was that was the single. Yeah you can yeh, and actually it was it wasn't. That was the most selling single that we ever put out. It was one that tongue vibe for sure.
Speaker 3: So and that was like, oh one, I don't it was around I'm just trying to think of my head what year of school I was in.
Speaker 1: We we've been over here.
Speaker 2: We got signed in ninety three, so a lot of the dates and times and like that due to you know what, I was all this. I get mixed up because I know time pierce. Like when we told with Big I know that was ninety six, ninety five before he passed, right, And then it's kind of like it's kind of like I get things. I got all the memories of my head, but the day got time.
Speaker 3: You got to like work backwards, you remember what.
Speaker 2: I got to remember a physical thing, what was happening right then to know what day and time it was?
Speaker 3: Though? How did you Eat Swift and Jerrow initially meet back in the day.
Speaker 1: Man East Swift?
Speaker 2: We was We was already rocking as a group called Task Is Swift in the eighties and East Swift met Jay roll Through. I don't know if it was cousin keV or we got home with named cousin Kevin. I think he bought Jo to the table and we met J Rowd.
Speaker 3: That's what.
Speaker 2: That's what the King T's and the you know mixed Matter of Space DJ Pools and we started you know, running with them, and it just turned into were just part of the you know we Telor wanted to do a Taylor's King T by the way, he wanted to do like a posse thing like he was.
Speaker 1: He had an album coming out and.
Speaker 2: Instead of That's why I always say We're forever grateful Tuning because instead of putting out his single as just King T and everything, he said, nah, I got this group called the Alcoholics.
Speaker 1: I want to put them on.
Speaker 2: So his first single on the Active Full album or the Trifling album, he featured the Alcoholics. And really that's how we got our start and never looked back, and.
Speaker 3: Never looked back. Where year was that? What youre was the King T? Well, I guess you would have to do a lot of drunken DISCREMT.
Speaker 1: No, we started, we started runing with King T.
Speaker 2: The first time I really kicked it with him was the act of full videos at the liquor Store.
Speaker 1: I'm in that motherfucker somewhere. It says I got to look back.
Speaker 2: But from that point on and then East Swift got hired on a random He was already DJing for Me and Jro. Me and Jael had a demo you know this and that, and King T had a DJ named Keith Cooley.
Speaker 3: I know you've rather the name Keith Cooley.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she shot out on the thing. And I don't know what happened with Keith Cooley.
Speaker 2: But the night before Teeler was going on tour with n W A Scarface, I mean n W A Ghetto Boys and all this, something happened with Keith Cooley.
Speaker 3: With Tiler needed to DJ, and Swift.
Speaker 2: Just happened to be over there cutting his head because Swift he good on the cuts, but he cuts, you know, so he he basically was cutting King T's hair. It's God's work and shit, Tiler needed the DJ right then, so he Swift went to go cut.
Speaker 3: King T's hair, came back with a DJ and job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he packed his ship up because I was living with Swift and it's pops and ship at the time, and so he packed his shit up and went on the road with King T and never looked back.
Speaker 3: You know, that is amazing. So when I was a kid. My best friend's name is rams. It's Rockers little brother from Dilated. I know, I know, yes, So listen. So Ramses came to LA when he was sixteen seventeen. I'm like twelve. So he's died brother too, yeah, like baby and buddy and everybody. So yeah, so listen. So he comes back from LA and he's like, Yo, my brother's in this rapt because you know, Rock's dad is Pope, had a lot of children, you know what I'm saying. So he comes he comes back from this trip to beat his brother and shit. And then he's telling me and he's like, bro, I was hanging out with the exhibiting alcoholics and and did one of y'all have an iraq?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He's like I had a gold thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So so I'm hearing all this shit and not at the time, I'm like twelve years old, you know what I'm saying. And uh. And so that's when I got like exposed to like the liquor cruit thing, you know what I'm saying. And then I met Raka like right when the platform dropped. Wow. And then when an expansion team came out, we took a road trip out here and we went to like uh Fat Beats, and we went to the I'm Released party and it was just but but I got so like I was like entrenched and being like a fan of like y'all exhibit and obviously Dilated and all that ship and yeah. So it's like it's crazy because you because Liquid Crew has so much to do with like so much amazing parts of like la hip hop. You know what I'm saying. Between you guys obviously King T the Architect and the Far Eye, and you know, I feel like Dilate is kind of like quasi Liquid Crew. Yeah.
Speaker 1: They I don't know if there was a liquor Crew, but they be everywhere.
Speaker 3: Like you open up that Focused Daily booklet, you see evidence in there with a lot of hair and rockets in there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I still keep a tune with EV all the time and we're working on something actually. But I'm just proud of them, you know what I'm saying, because we all kind of started together, right and I see what V went well, RockA went with, the group went with this and that, and you know it's it's amazing. I like to watch It's like watching a plant grow. It takes some time. But as you see it, you know, and I just think that like EB is underrated man, oh my god.
Speaker 3: For sure. It's almost like he hates being Like Evidence is such a talented guy. He would prefer to just make music and no one knew who the fuck he is exactly.
Speaker 2: Like that's what it is, like he he's like an introvert for sure, you know, talented.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Alchemist too, it.
Speaker 3: Was yeah, man, shout out my favorite producers right now for sure. So, uh, you guys, how at what point in time? Because signing Aloud in nineteen ninety three is very, very very early. That's pre wou Tang.
Speaker 2: That's why I might think were the first group, but technically we not, though who is uh let me see? Uh it was a group called mad Cap okay, okay, drop the album before we did, and then they signed Twisted and Twisted what happy with his contact?
Speaker 1: He said, fuck this shit, he did his own thing, so we can't.
Speaker 3: Right after that, So that's crazy ninety three. That's like that's like ground floor loud record shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I still talked to Steve. You know a lot of loud records in the house last night. There was was there in case. I know, we went to the exhibits album release party last night. He was it was text but what.
Speaker 1: Was I saying?
Speaker 2: All the like it was a whole Loud section there was Yeah, so no shout out, Noah, Oti Arlene, a bunch of people from Loud.
Speaker 3: Like so, you guys like it's crazy because we think of Loud as like such a East Coast label and of course, like obviously in spirit it is and you know, tang, big pun, et cetera, et cetera. But you're one of the first groups exhibit is you know, at the speed of life, restless, forty days, forty nights. What what How did you guys end up getting like Steve Steve's attention and like like was that something where he was like out out west looking for talent or about us? Yeah, let me get this story straight too.
Speaker 1: Basically it was a guy about the name of Fabi and Dub.
Speaker 2: We called him Fade and he was real close with Swift us you know this, and that he's a love war ship.
Speaker 1: We to make these demos and you know, me and Je was the flood, the l a underground seeing.
Speaker 2: Swift was a DJ. He was a popular DJ. He was getting booked for like colleges us. We're young though, So basically we went to mad Cap was already on Loud, and we went to a studio session in Pasadenas somewhere, and during that studio session we played Fade the demo and he was like Steve Ripkins right hand man at the time. Actually, first he got us to deal with He got us a deal with Freeway Rick. Yes, Freeway Rick not Rick Wall.
Speaker 3: Was the one who interviewed I've interviewed Freeway Rick Ross too. I just saw him at Snoop Savanthia the other night, no big extras event. But yeah, so you guys actually had to deal with Freeway Cross first.
Speaker 2: If you look on Drink Champs and all the rest of the podcasts that he do, he alway shout us out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was just close to the alcoholics.
Speaker 2: But what happened was he got locked up right you know, during this time, and he called from prison and he heard through the grapevine and we had some something else going on with this Loud record label or something like that. It was his blessing. He said, man, go get it. I don't want to nothe just just take it to the top. You know, and this and that, and but then he ended up getting out this and that, so you know, shout out freeway with man. I just see him in Vegas about I don't know how long ago, but you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I know he had told me he was doing he was doing some like back behind the scenes financing on some big artists too, like I think you need a baker, like a lot of.
Speaker 2: Real like he always got his hands in something. He was selling his book. Well that what I said, taking me a free book.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a hustler, bro, that's evident. But no, but yeah, I mean obviously, I mean he's known for that. They kind of stole his life story and did the TV show great show, by the way, a great show. You guys end up with loud. At what point in time does exhibit come into the fold, And obviously you guys had to have kind of made that introduction. I'm assuming because.
Speaker 2: I think I don't remember the how you can I remember that the Ziba was a he was aggressive, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And every time I have seen we want.
Speaker 2: Some MC ship and Ziba used to get down like he really like he he looked like that, but he had like this path he had like a he was smarter than a lot of people, you know what I mean, Like he already knew what he wanted. We freestyle of life, you know what I'm saying, Like we get picked up by a label, that's cool.
Speaker 1: If not, we're gonna do this. Unlet's see what happens with this.
Speaker 3: And that's a crazy statement. We freestyle of life. Yeah, I like that. Here we are, it's worked out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know Zif he we we we were just hanging around the underground circles and we all just saw some MENI like and this and that, and he started, you know, really hanging around with us. We start going up to you know, Friday night flavors and all these different things serving on them, and then we've got the serving people in the clubs and it was just.
Speaker 3: That when you used to like see rappers like rapping outside.
Speaker 2: Once he became the yes zhibit man, he was like he he I never seen nobody with a with a determination is out the world for this, Like like he knew he knew all this ship the ZIPB is doing now he told us he was going to do this.
Speaker 1: Then that was his plan.
Speaker 2: Like we didn't have no plan and shout out to his dad too was a big part of that too, because he got a guidance with the military, upbringing and stuff like that. Destructure I ain't never had no structure like that. My dad got murdered when I was young, you know, so I kind of been freestyle in that life, you know, freestyle of life ever since. But shout out Exhibit His album came out yesterday.
Speaker 3: It's incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we went to the ship.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm in my fifties, but man, we hit three parties last night. Man, we went to Exhibits first, then we went to Snoop Dogg party, and then we went to the Busy.
Speaker 1: I'm tripping. That's the day before yesterday.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 2: You ain't been asleep, But I say we were the three live ass parties in one night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because Exhibited two Things did one of the night before, and then Snoop did yeah.
Speaker 1: Night before we went to Zibit Things. We went to Snoop Dogg Things.
Speaker 2: Shout out snow Too returned my text snope and I saw y'all say what up?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so and then.
Speaker 2: We went to uh the Far Side and the hieroglyphic. I mean the Souls of Mischief went platinum the same week, like two weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, so they had a big party for them.
Speaker 2: Shout out shinne swoops, rise casts will I am.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. I didn't know that that was it. I would have went to that party too, funck shout to the far side and hiro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's say that's how the shit be tripping me out, Like, how y'all go platinum the same week thirty years later? I thought it passing me by ben platinum long time ago.
Speaker 3: But you know what it is, a lot of those like older records, they're probably technically platinum in gold. It's the label they have to like there's some sort of like where the label has to reach out to oria A to make sure it's certified. That like because my homie had a record, they're actually up on the wall over there. They're both gold and like they were gold forever and uh, but he was waiting on his label to like, I don't know, make get a certified or whatever. But yeah, like passing me by should be fucking platinum, Like what are we talking about?
Speaker 2: While I was assuming and then on top of that, it's like like like how do you judge, Like, how do you like there's no more physical copies, So if you sold eight hundred thousand physical copies, what are they selling now to make.
Speaker 3: Yeah that I don't there's a certain amount of streams that equal and album sale. I want to say it's I want to say it's fifteen hundred strings equals on album.
Speaker 1: Sale fifteen other strange.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be don't put that in black and white, but I think it's something like that.
Speaker 2: That's ridiculous. But anyway, we need to take our shit back. That's what I say.
Speaker 3: That's why it's like, you know, like the direct to fan ship is making a comeback. You know where it's like if you got a fan base, like fuck the platforms, Like obviously you want your ship up for everybody, but you want to be able to like have that direct connection to fans where they spend money with you.
Speaker 2: You don't you have to be doing right now? We ask that right now. I got a whole independent thing going on. Did you hear the record?
Speaker 3: Yes? I love the video by the way, Okay, yeah, did a great job.
Speaker 2: Shot out to Nate, Nate the great bag God, my husband and wife.
Speaker 3: That's what I appreciate it. Yeah, yeah, I mean you're back, man said, I see you running around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to, you know, get back into Google because, like I said, I took a little hiatus just to get my shit together, you know, sober holic, Yeah, smokaholic, smokaholics.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, but no, it's crazy because like I you know, uh, I think back to like your your like uh when I think atash bro used to be like a superhero to me, dog like he used to be with it now like for like Wrap Life is one of the most fucking and it's a perfect album. It's a fucking classic. It's it's one of them ones man. Yeah, and it's slept on like for people who don't know, like go fucking go run and get tash rap Life. That ship is from track one to the end. It is amazing.
Speaker 2: Ple check that man shout out the same mooning Malik Levy, Steve Riskin, Rich, Isaacson.
Speaker 3: What because that came after Liquidation, right, because Liquidation came out and then at the time table Okay, yeah, yeah, it came out after Liquidation.
Speaker 1: It came out after yeah, yeah, yeah, because I.
Speaker 3: Want to say rap Life was ninety nine. It was yeah, so you do that.
Speaker 1: I got a song called smoke Fest ninety nine on it. Cast shout, I was gonna say without cast I was looking right there.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, sir? What what what was the thought process you guys? Drop Liquidation? Uh? Hip Hop Drunkies was a big record for you guys? Shout at what I want to get into that too? What what what motivated you to say I gotta I gotta get a solo one off?
Speaker 2: I mean to tell you the two we started out as solo artists as before, right, I met Jo and everything and the funny Boy bout me and j was never supposed to do out group, but none of thee It was like Task.
Speaker 3: Was over here, j Row was over here. We have other people's crew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a crew. And then we made a demo.
Speaker 2: Called I Guess Funky, and we did one called Past the Joint And I had to be like eighty eight eighty nine or something like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are old? I was born in eighty seven?
Speaker 1: Are you serious? God? Damn, that's where the baby face come from. Then?
Speaker 2: All right, well but anyway, we did this demo tape. Oh no, actually we did a song called I Guess Funky and we used the Roger like the the sample from Rogers Zapp and Roger. People went crazy for the song, so they said, may y'all got to do more.
Speaker 1: So we did a couple. We did one called Past the Joints.
Speaker 2: So we was ahead of the curve before all the weed, you know what I'm saying, like, uh, past the joint And then it was unanimous, like everybody was like, y'all sound so different that y'all should do more shit together because it's like, you know, when you hear groups and ship like that's in effects and a lot of groups they rapped, you can tell they have the same day in the group because they rapped similar you know what I'm saying, like EPM D. You know, of course, so j Row style and my style was like ying and yang night and day or whatever whatever, So you know, I think that's what made people pay attention to it.
Speaker 3: Kind of yeah, you know, rap life was like, uh man, just stellar, stellar body of work.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Actually, Steve Ripkins Pops Jewels had a lot to do with that too. A word Western piece, Yes, you know, that's who got me over there. On Sony You all this, but Rap Life was like a I was trying to do something I was trying to do. I had a concept for the album because, like you said, everybody thought it was from New York and so what I wanted to do was show people that we cool with New Yorkers and we got a style from the West Coast that they love over there.
Speaker 3: So I was trying to unify this city or whatever. R right, Well, ray Ward was on the album, you right.
Speaker 2: If We started out with a lot of the alcoholic wool tang mob d of course Big One, so we we we're cool with all these new and they got an LA office, so we used to be up there every day. You know what I'm saying. But what was I saying that was that was the beauty of it. It was like we had this East Coast, you know, international love and everything. They ain't really like gangster rapper kind of pigeonhole for LA, Like this is what LA sounds like.
Speaker 3: No, for sure, you guys had your own thing going.
Speaker 2: Each Swift on the beach, Yes, and then with Rap Life and everything. What I tried to do was I wanted to come with a single myself. This one song, remember the song on there when I with the actually Doctor Dan and the exhibit and ended up using it. But I have one first, but the Dunk Dune d D. I had a song that was about to be my single, and then I don't know how it happened, but rock Wiler that we with Redman and them did the beat. So we had it all set up for me that to be my single, and then all of a sudden, Snooping and dropped the.
Speaker 3: Dre dropped the same.
Speaker 1: Champel was like, hold up time, we can't do this.
Speaker 2: So we had to go back to the drawing board and I said, let's do the one with Ray Kuan. And what the plan was. I was gonna come up with the song with Ray Kuan, let him know that you know.
Speaker 3: We the song is actually called rap like it's called rap Life.
Speaker 2: And then I wanted to come right back with the song I did with Snooping them Snoop, I mean snoop zip. I did a song called Jesus G's with Me Snoop corrupt zibit. And I'm trying to sew you know that that I get down with anybody, you know, no matter who it is, and that said backfire. Once I did that, everyone I dropped this ta with Ray Kuan. Everybody's thinking I'm from New York for some reason, even though I filmed it right here Inglewood.
Speaker 1: That the race track is crazy, got.
Speaker 2: Dayton's and all kinds of la sitting there, they still say he wants me from New York. So I don't know what they had to do with anything else, but I got that stamp a long time ago.
Speaker 3: What you guys have been on some legendary tours you mentioned obviously to him with Big Right. I remember you guys to Wutang too right, Yeah Tang? And what was the other it was? Who else was on that tour that was just allowed?
Speaker 2: When it was on the first tour with Wo saying I was a promotional tour And imagine like you got twelve like I saw.
Speaker 3: You guys did like a huge festival. I feel like that was like.
Speaker 1: We do a lot of shit that people don't. It goes under the radar. I don't know why.
Speaker 3: What was it like though, you're the West Coast group, but you're touring with Big Right. This is after Ready to Die.
Speaker 2: Yes, First of all, House Biggie, he only had two albums First of all, what's that like, Biggie.
Speaker 1: That's why, man, when all the.
Speaker 2: Static and the beef and all the East West shit and all that shit, you gotta understand that we don't build like long lasting relationships with people from the East before that. So we wasn't we wasn't about to just jump in because really I knew that it was not true about the Biggie setting up Pock and all that. We know that was bullshit off the rip. So we just you know, basically, we just played, you know, I played the fence. We just played the background when it was jumping. Because they asked us to go on this tour and they hand picked us, you know what I mean. So they got love for the West Coast, but I don't. I don't get another people's politics and shit like that. But it was weird because it was the only West Coast group on the tour.
Speaker 3: How as big as a dude though, man.
Speaker 2: Like hilarious, man like you know, like he was the biggest King T fan. He used to tell us every day like like where's King T.
Speaker 1: I'll come in here with you. I forgot why wasn't on the tour.
Speaker 2: But Biggie was like reciting his lyrics every day like he was like a super duper you know, king t fan.
Speaker 3: You know, did he ever try to hang with you guys when they came to drinking?
Speaker 2: Nah, he knew better than that. But he's a smoke a lot. I see, he wasn't known as a drinker. He smoked, and back then I wasn't really smoking that much, so I'd be high drunk.
Speaker 1: You know. We got a lot of tours like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and then uh, you guys obviously have such a great relationship and working relationship with Woo. I know y'all kind of helped helped get them on the on the radar alloud and ship od Uh. I feel like was kind of like I feel like he was like your spirit animal, Like when like in a weird like reverse universe, ODB and Tash on a record could have been the same person, Like you guys have like a very unique style of rapping and like very like you know what I'm saying, Like that's so well, what was what was it like? Just just just being being close with a guy like ODB man Like he was.
Speaker 2: Just like a different breed of person, like he just how do you say it? Like he he lived free, you know what I mean, until he got locked up, But he was free as a bird. He just did what he wanted to, said what he wanted to, you know, like anything else. When you when you when you get a toxicated and you get too intoxicated, it starts to be a problem. You know what I'm saying, And this and that. But as far as him as a spirit and as far as his his character and his values and morals and ship like that, he's you can't beat the odb man. And it's sad how things played out. Damn, you got me thinking, Man, I won't know what to say, you know what I mean? He was just wonderful kind man, one of the kind.
Speaker 3: Any crazy road stories with Wu Tang.
Speaker 2: See that's why I was like, I can't do that Wolf Tang in general. Just I mean ship, everybody does that. I have said these allion times like the ones and ship. But ah, man, I remember one time and me and Meph we said we weren't gonna tell. As a matter of fact, I can't even tell this story. Put it this way, mefing man got hands. He beat up a pimp. One time he beat up a pimp.
Speaker 1: That's how I can't say that, you.
Speaker 3: Know, because I don't know what nigga situations is.
Speaker 2: That's how you get sucked up with mother talking though you today he's supposed to be talking. But we had a lot of a lot of great times with Wolf Tang and ship like that. We all married with children now, so I can't tell you that.
Speaker 3: All you gotta know is Mathew Man beat up a pimp road.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see met the man got hands in the circumstances in which every reason too. Man, if I told you the circus, that's why meth said, don't ever tell nobody this story and ship.
Speaker 3: But I heard him tell the motherfucker somewhere. Oh he told it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he ain't give me permission too, So that's it. He married. I mean, not gonna see I'm talking too much. Shot to anyway, shout out the meth Man.
Speaker 2: All like I say is just like we was there and just like I said, watching a plant grow and everything like when we went on that first promotional tour, I didn't see the shit working like it, did, You know what I'm saying. Because you got ten people with different personalities hoosters, you know what I'm saying, They're not used to a promotional tour that we don't get paid for.
Speaker 1: This were just promoted for.
Speaker 2: Loud recording, the albums coming out and this, and so it just led to a whole bunch of just.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean we got a little bit of like that what's that documentary that came out the show? Remember the show Big was in it. But you kind of saw a little bit. I mean, when you have like you said, when you got ten people, nine people, whatever it is, it's like there's just no way that there's not going to be like shit going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then a lot of times that everybody got their own life. So people, you know, it'll be eight of them and then two of them's at home doing right. I just to trip off Ghosts man, ghosts, peoples and ship. But ghost was like intriguing to me because it's the way the map this back when he used to way the math everywhere and sit like that. I was like this, you know what I'm saying. I was just looking like they different. They got it, man, they got it.
Speaker 3: So you were on the first promo run where you guys are are you guys pushing coast to coast or twenty one and over with with them at that time. Twenty one.
Speaker 2: Now we're pushing we're pushing twenty one over. I don't know if it came out yet, but I know Make Room is the Lick Baby, Yeah, that was out, and then then they're pushing Meta Man and Protect your Neck, got it. So it's before the first albums came out.
Speaker 3: Damn. That's crazy, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it would just be like like like everybody knew that Wu Tang was going to do something, but I didn't know it was gonna be.
Speaker 1: The biggest group to ever like this cultural klys I did.
Speaker 3: They got their own Nikes and there's a Wu Tang video game.
Speaker 1: Incredible man, Hit Kwan. Everybody had their own nicks.
Speaker 2: It was interesting, you know what I'm saying, Like having all these personalities all different, you know what I mean, who.
Speaker 3: Did you bond with the most on the road? Who did y'all have like the most, like the biggest bond with out hanging when you guys are on that run.
Speaker 2: Back then, I probably say I just wanted to probably O dB yeah after wow, you know, but but we all bill we pours with all of them, like Ray Kwan, that's my boy, shout out the way Meth, Me and Meth was club Matthews to get out of bitches, though, like for some reason he was like the flys and ship like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean like that's kind of like you know he was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody wanted Meth.
Speaker 2: But that's what's up though, But but I got my own story with all of them for sure.
Speaker 3: Was yo was h shout out to uh On. You mentioned the song a little bit earlier on Rap Life. You had Outcasts on Smoke Fast ninety nine trying to fill the agony to what if that's it is a crazy like just to think back, like you had ray Corn on that motherfucking album Outcast. Did you an outcast have like already like a relationship or was it something where you were like, ya, I'm working on an album. I want to get outcast to reach out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like like rest in peace to reco away everything.
Speaker 1: But he used to like this back before, like the smartphones and all this shit and everything. But he just show me so much love. He's like, anytime you come to Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Organized noise man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this is back when the Freaknick Remember the freak Nick I listen.
Speaker 3: I was born in nineteen eighty seven. I've only heard about that.
Speaker 1: Okay, damn, I keep forgetting you.
Speaker 3: But of course, of course I know what the Freaknick is.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I used to go out there Atlanta and funk with them during that them times and shit, and they just open their doors to us.
Speaker 3: And you know what was the freaknick?
Speaker 1: Like, oh man, it was freaky. It was like before social media.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: A trip because it was like not I'm gonna say lawless, not lawless as far as crimes and shit, let that go. But it's like the whole city got took over by that.
Speaker 3: There's just no rules.
Speaker 2: Yeah by this this this, this freaknik shit. It was just cracking everywhere you went in Atlanta. It was crazy. I got thrown it. I went a couple of years in the whole and one one year I got thrown in jail right when I got off the plane. And why to listen to Freaknick through.
Speaker 3: The like they're waiting for you.
Speaker 1: I don't know what happened.
Speaker 2: Was somewhere and the next thing I know him in jail and you could kind of see like they had these little windows of the jail everybody taking turns looking at it. Because the freaknick was going on right outside of the jail.
Speaker 3: They lied me up for the.
Speaker 1: Weekend and ship until you missed out that one. Yeah, but that was just one of the mini.
Speaker 3: I know you're working on you just like you said, you just dropped the new song, sir, you are you working on a new album? Are you? What do you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, actually I got a bunch of albums worth shit ready to go and everything. I'm just looking for the right the right situation, I guess, you know. So I dropped this song right here. It took legs of I mean groo legs of his own. It's called Attention as a Drug and if you hear it, we we sampled a sample that try call Quest used before. Right, So with that being said, it's only right for the remix and shit I had to do, you know, get somebody from Tried, So I got q Tip on the remix, I got Exhibit on the remix, I got King T and the Licks on the remix, Dang the Far Why, and I got Sway in the Morning doing the intro at the intro and everything.
Speaker 3: So everybody that heard said it is about to be.
Speaker 1: The song of the summer.
Speaker 3: So you got the Far on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Far is on it too. He set it off.
Speaker 3: Man. Focused Daily is such a great album. You guys should do, Like I feel like there should be like a uh we never got a Liquid Crew album. You guys should come together and just be like, hey.
Speaker 1: That's my bucket list. Man, it's hard to get.
Speaker 3: Did y'all ever like even kick the idea around of like doing like a compilation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did, and I think that it's still gonna happen.
Speaker 2: But I just think that everybody that was a vested initially because you have understand like Madly was in the Liquor Cool he went on the dude, you know, mad living shit, he out of here multi and shut out the map.
Speaker 3: By the way, I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: You don't know that.
Speaker 3: When I think of the Liquid Crew, I think, if you guys king t X, we took.
Speaker 1: Him on the fuck we went. We went on the Warp Tour.
Speaker 2: We took That's crazy, by the way, we took the Liquor Cool with Is, We took Exhibit we took Mad Live, the Farwide, filled the Agony Recipes, Beef and Dontrell.
Speaker 1: We took all these people and they just ended up being superstars.
Speaker 3: Mad It's crazy, one of the most prolific.
Speaker 1: That's what they It's crazy.
Speaker 3: I was there.
Speaker 2: That's another one. I was there when he was just getting his feet wet in the thing shout out to his brother.
Speaker 3: Oh no too, Yeah, Oh that was incredible. Man? Were you like? Was his beat always like super unique? Alway?
Speaker 2: When I met him, That's what happened, like Jack. I met Jack first, and he gave me a demo of the loop Pack. I think it was a loop packed demo. I know they was thinking about. I don't know if there's just something independent before that, but I remember when I heard it, excuse me, mad Lib mad lists production reminded me of e Swift, like it had that that sounds like.
Speaker 1: Something something producers and ship like.
Speaker 2: If you hear that beat, you could tell that damn before you even know who did the beat. And that's what Mad lived. It struck me as a like a DJ put like he got something different. So I just drive the ox now daily and you know, pick him up bring run he Mad. I mean, uh, Mad live, believe it or not dead? A couple did they say twenty one and Over is our classic album?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: People don't know that Mad Lift did a couple of joints on there Make Mary Jane, He's Smoke the song, turned the Party out, a couple other ones, and then he did a lot on the second album, Too Coast to Coast right album, but out of the madd we just did a benefit concert because he fire relief concert and everything for him a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Man, I just you know, obviously there's things that you can replace, you know, and then there's things you can't replace. Yeah, that's a that's the fact, which is rough. I can just imagine all the music you know that he had had just on hard.
Speaker 2: Drives and yeah, he he just he's just a talented dude.
Speaker 3: Man. Like, Yeah, I met I met him a couple of times with Freddy and uh, I just you know, I feel like he's like a I feel like he's like an enigma, you know what I'm saying. Like he's like he's like he's like a like a shadow. It's got an aura, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And he don't pick up the phone. But nobody was like the Wizard of Oz or something, right, right, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy. They said that he did like all the beats for a bandana on a fucking iPad, And I was like, I believe it because that fools just so crazy, Like it's not about the tools.
Speaker 1: He's an amazing motherfucker. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's crazy man for you. Uh I always you know, I feel like when we talk about West Coast hip hop the era of and you guys were a little bit more commercial than what I'm about to make it. But there was like this kind of like this underground l a movement that was that that that got a lot of people signed the major labels.
Speaker 1: Good Life and all that.
Speaker 3: I'm obviously like guys like yourself, like the Dilated Ship like you mentioned Luke Pac. Obviously there's then there was like J five and there.
Speaker 1: Was Michael nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know yeah, Freestyle Fellowship, Planet Asia, fucking Roscoe.
Speaker 1: How do you know about this eighty seven?
Speaker 3: Because I'm telling you, I'm a fucking hip hop head. Bro. I came when I was thirteen. I came out here and hung out at Fat Beats with record Iris.
Speaker 2: We need more than him man. The seventh, like the shit you talking about it? That happened like two years.
Speaker 1: After he was born. Yeah, actually doing he was born.
Speaker 3: But but no, but it's it's crazy because like there's like this there's this huge like scene in LA where it was like just a lot of dope, backpack boom back ill rap ship that wasn't gangster rap exactly right, but it didn't mean that you got like you guys are on Loud, the far was on Capital or delicious. Fine, who did the what what did it focus did? Oh, Tommy boy, Tommy Boy, you know, Dilators on fucking Capitol Records. J five is fucking J five man, so Charlie Tuna and all those guys.
Speaker 1: And this was the from my albums A Beat, a Killed.
Speaker 3: Man, Shot a Kill shout out to Cut Chemists, New Mark. But there was like this huge just like other side of what what you know, LA hip hop was that I feel like, for whatever reason, like fast forward to today, like I feel like it doesn't get talked about it enough, doesn't get enough love, you know what I'm saying. I feel like it was so important though, and it was like there's so much good music, so many incredible artists that came out of that era. Do you do you feel like that that kind of scene in LA gets the flowers it deserves.
Speaker 1: And today I got a soul coming out.
Speaker 2: It's it's not a podcast, it's actual so yeah that it kind of addresses that it's called underrated and what it is is like it's basically so I created that.
Speaker 3: Basically, I just.
Speaker 1: Wanted to put the sign on anything underrated don't have to be music. They don't have to be rappers and singers and this that it could be a you name it restaurant, right that everybody lines up around the corner, but a lot of people don't even know this place exists, you know what I'm saying, And there gotta be a reason for that. So we're just trying to get you know, people to the to tap in with who we think is underrated. So shot some episodes and everything, Like I said, shout out you know Alchemist jay Worthy. The first one that come out, it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: About the alcoholics, because that's all we've been called ever since. We you know, had to deal with Like everybody sees the body of work that we did, right, we got songs with who you know, They got songs with wool Tang, then turn around to do a song with for real, they do a song with kid rock crazy to do a song with.
Speaker 1: I mean we did it.
Speaker 2: I tried to do an album called what's the name of the album? I forgot the name of the motherfucker, But I just put my features on.
Speaker 3: It, you know what I'm saying. Oh, so all features, all features.
Speaker 2: That's just because people might know that we did a song with Snoop, but not mind know we did a song with whoever.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. What was the kid rock song on that loud rock compilation?
Speaker 1: Nah, he just did a beat that was sugar rad. I was Sugar Rated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I remember, like it was like a random album that if you find it by it because it's just rad. It was like some blue buff dude on the cover, like a cartoon, and like it had a bunch of loud artists like doing songs around.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't even know it they did.
Speaker 2: I was I don't know where it was that when they did it, but they are you you coming rapping at the end because they did the song without me.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it was that when they So you guys did.
Speaker 3: Your guys' records with Sugar Red. Yeah, yeah, it was like so it was some of them. Ships were very random. It was kind of like the you know, Lincoln Park and jay Z did it, but y'all like loud and that did it, you know, fuck five years earlier.
Speaker 2: That's funny you mentioned that because my boy EFN called me yesterday tried to the drink champs here. Now he didn't call me, hit me on the text, and he just said he interviewed Lincoln Park and they said that we were the alcoholics, were a big influence to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I mean low key like Mike Shinoda.
Speaker 1: Is like a Mike, Yes, and then he said that, so I just reached out.
Speaker 3: We just reached out like yesterday and trying to get in touch with him. Yeah, he was a part of uh what I'm trying to think of a rap group. He was runn and around with that was like an underground like backpack fucking because he had this four minor album and I remember there's all kinds of like backpack la shit on. That was like what the fuck, Like, who the fuck Mike, Mike should just tapped in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he but EFN said he wanted to get in touch with us, So we're doing that right now.
Speaker 1: Socoholic Lincoln Park.
Speaker 3: That'd be big Man, that'd be big. Yeah, it's crazy because just that era of music. I think it's like your album. I think the J five Ship, I think, you know, Expansion Team is a classic to me.
Speaker 4: What's going on with Phil the Agony Man, little cousin phiel Man?
Speaker 2: He actually big cousin Phil. He he chilling man. I just saw him couple of weeks ago and everything.
Speaker 3: He's put some fucking music Outum, that's what I feel, the Agony Bro.
Speaker 2: He sent me some incredible shit and I'm asking what he's waiting on. But like we, like you said, that's who I was hopping it up with about the Liquid Cool album and shit. And there's a lot of associates that, even if they don't use the word liquid creul and everything like crime.
Speaker 1: Don you know what I'm saying. Of course, you know a bunch of people that cry.
Speaker 3: On an exhibit? Are they good? Now? I guess that's an exhibit question.
Speaker 1: I don't even know this beefing.
Speaker 3: The strong arm steady thing happened, and you know, yeah that was something back that so long ago you would think it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: And if I ain't here what happened?
Speaker 2: And probably I don't know, man, but anyway, I know everybody good and good spaces and everything, like I just send Quinn a uh mad live thing and everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's incredible and he's acting. Now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. It's something about this liquid cool shit. We don't breathe failures, you know what I'm saying, something about you know, so.
Speaker 3: You guys in the best you can do. Your guys, biggest single in terms of sales, right, just the labels say hey we got we like at that time Forrel's hottest fish Grease Neptunes are on fucking fire. Is that like a thing where like the labels like, yo, we got to get y'all with the Neptunes or nationally.
Speaker 2: That's what That's what I tip off of how people's go. They grow into their own self, I guess. But when we met for real, he requested us. He was like, I want to do I don't know if he went in the Steve rif Swift or whatever, but he said Alcoholic is one of his favorite groups and he would love to do something.
Speaker 1: And then he.
Speaker 2: Called somebody and said I got this beat that I no is gonna be a hit record. And it sounds perfect for that. Then when he played it, it ain't sound let nothing like what we was expected because he was fresh off of like like the clips, grinding and all that, so I expect to hear some of that. And then when he played the ship, we went to Virginia to Pharrell studio.
Speaker 3: We flew out there to do.
Speaker 1: The song with him, right, and I can honestly say I ain't seen him since.
Speaker 3: But I got a record.
Speaker 1: Though, yeah, we got a record. But it's like, but you see what he grew into, Like he the face of Lois with Gucci's. I don't know what he's doing. Look I think Louis, but shout out to Pharrell. Though. Man, it's like, you know, I got a chance to work with a legend.
Speaker 3: You know, it's crazy to think about like everybody off work with like Stoles p fucking the list on.
Speaker 1: Real And I mean this some pretty.
Speaker 3: Wild Would you ever? Did you ever entertain uh, doing a sequel to Rap life.
Speaker 1: Like a rap like part two? I might call the Douces.
Speaker 2: It has been a minute because now I'm living a different rap life, you know what I mean. I don't want to call it square because I still be having fun with my life. It's just I cut out the drinking. It just seemed like a lot of parties are more boring, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like you getting sober has like just improved the quality of life in terms of just like because I feel like, man, that alcohol, it weighs on your bath.
Speaker 1: You got to see a lot of the That's what my problem was.
Speaker 3: It was like.
Speaker 2: I was so blessed to, you know, with the loud situation and this and that. Then I didn solo.
Speaker 1: I was just so blessed to just just be one of the millions, Like you know what I'm saying, one of millions kind of you know, I got money, I'm young, I ain't an ugly motherfucker. We got calls, we got jewel, we got all this.
Speaker 2: And when you get, you know, into that thrown into that cycle, it's like you're.
Speaker 1: Living up to the image now, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Every car got be a vet or every house gotta be big or it ain't really you know.
Speaker 1: So I just tried to keep up with the Joneses. The Joneses, they should have you fucked up in that trying to keep up with the Jones that have your as homeless.
Speaker 3: Yo, you guys did the Taylor Swift thing. What's that where you guys re recorded clash.
Speaker 2: We were going through this big thing with that. Let me let me explain that right there, we did and it was.
Speaker 3: The same thing Taylor Swift did. That's right, man. She she re recorded all her old albums.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is east with not Taylor's Taylor Swift.
Speaker 3: The biggest artists in the world. She did the same. She didn't she had the mastss thing going, so she recorded. She re recorded her first like three albums, right, and they all went number one.
Speaker 2: I was just saying as a coincident that Swifts did the same exactly. But but what they did they wanted to get one of the songs. I think Clail Patrick of the record label wanted to get one of the songs in a movie or something like that. And then they presented it to us to do it, to re record the shit, and they said they had a live band that could we play the songs and shit, And I was like, okay, well, and then we Swift ended up stripping all the tracks down so the band would have something like a reference right to play. And this and that, and then we did we did our vocals and we sent them to the record label, and I don't know what happened. They just sent it as long as apology and all this, but they ended up putting out the stripped down version that Swift sent to them to replay on accident. I don't know what they hell or whatever, but we got some shit going on with them like.
Speaker 3: That, because when I saw it, I was like, oh, you guys, man, mean, I don't know if your master's situation will loud, but a lot of times if an artist does that, it's like, yeah, we're gonna put out our classics re record them, so we own the masters technically. So it wasn't that that was that kind of the player though. Yeah, But it was like.
Speaker 2: The version that they put out they still had simples in it, so it didn't make no sense, Like why is up?
Speaker 1: How did this happen?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. But they cleared it up out so they I think that they've already put up the the correct versions and everything. So I really ain't paying attention going I have so much shit going on right even you know, look up, but shout out clear Patrick Record suave the far side.
Speaker 3: Are you? Are you putting out the solo stuff independently?
Speaker 2: That's what I'm I'm waiting for my I want my next move to be my best move. So I got some killer ship, so I don't want to just put it out and you know nobody hears it.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying for sure?
Speaker 3: You know I think what you got to do, man is you got to do it independently. But you you have to partner with someone on vinyls exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, So yes.
Speaker 3: You're you're, you're, you're you're. I mean where you're gonna be able to hit the lick is vinyls cassette games, because what your fans are gonna want to buy it like Collect collected.
Speaker 2: But whether you play a vinyl if it doesn't map bro, listen, Vinyls you got all mapped out.
Speaker 3: Like I'm telling you right now, Vinyls out selling everything.
Speaker 1: That's what it's doing.
Speaker 3: If you go to Target, there's no CD, there's vinyls. The vinyl aisle at Target is cracking. There's like this whole entire because now fans any Target, you go to go to the where the electronics are and the books there's a giant vinyl area.
Speaker 1: I've been targeting. Sometimes you gotta do a vinyl.
Speaker 3: Make sure all of your branding is like use your old logo like you want, like you want your fans to be like at the end of the day, like your fans want to collect something because they can stream it all day. That's the thing. Nowadays, it's like it's it's it's like you can stream the album, but the fans still want to own something, so you got to give them something to own.
Speaker 2: You feel me like I just looked at it, like if you ain't got no turntables, what you're gonna do with it?
Speaker 3: But but look now, when I tell you you're finna go to Target, go to Walmart, You'll see the vinyl with Walmart. It's a lot, bro. It's it's the it's the it's so like guys like Freddy and al and all these guys are making millions of dollars, Like ask Alchemists. Alchemist makes millions of dollars yl I'm talking about He'll sell a vinyl with just beats and that shit sells the fuck out. So you got it. I'm telling you, whatever you do next, collaborate with someone to the distribution on vinyl evidence go ahead, yeah, hit ev hit out whoever. You could do it with Empire they do the vinyl thing. Or you could and then do like a super limited run like cassette tapes and then you'll bro that she'll sell out.
Speaker 1: I thought the vinyl only sold overseas with some reason.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no it is.
Speaker 1: And then it set tle.
Speaker 3: My son is nineteen years old and has like two hundred vinyls. He collects vinyls. Wow. Yeah. And now like the turntables that they're making nowadays, you know, back in the day you had to have run a turntable and do a motherfucking am tool. No, they got usbat turntables for these.
Speaker 1: Bro, that's the tea cold.
Speaker 3: No, it's it's crazy. Yeah, you got you would murder it. So whatever you do next, it's got to have a vinyl. So if you're doing an album, if it's a rap live two, make sure.
Speaker 1: That our work is you got to map down there. You might be my silent partner six figure bag. You're just sitting there just waiting for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure. Like that's the thing. It's like I was like, like the and the thing is too. With the with the record shit is like you have to plan it out because the record plants are like three months behind. That's why when like Kendrick did the super Bowl, they planned it out perfectly, where his so gn X have been out for months, but the vinyls dropped denied to the super Bowl and then bitches he he sold another one hundred thousand units just because he sold one hundred thousand pieces of a vinyl.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's perfect.
Speaker 3: Now you gotta do the vinyl shit man, especially Yeah, yeah, it'll go crazy. And then if you guys ever do like any talk shit. I don't know what Loud's doing, but I would tell Loud to reissue, like, yeah, we should do like a I don't know at what point in time the big a big anniversary for like twenty one and over, but.
Speaker 2: I think I think it's like after a certain amount of years we own the rights to fuck it.
Speaker 3: I would. I would do like a super limited edition twenty one and over vinyl pressing. It will sell out. Listen, it'll sell out.
Speaker 1: That's what we're doing with the that's what we're supposed to do with the the one.
Speaker 3: The re release, I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying, ah, yeah, like the Vinyl.
Speaker 3: Fans that like collect ship and they want to support you guys. Man Like, So yeah, dude, I don't know if ABB still does vinal stuff.
Speaker 1: But it's not a contract we signed with Clio Patrick. Vinyl was in there to make the money because streaming is whatever, dude.
Speaker 3: Like if you're like a like, like like any artist that's independent, it's like yo, when you throw your shit up on streaming, it's it's like an advertisement so that people can come and spend money with you at the shows or merch or whatever. So so do you have a timetable the new songs out, but do you have a timetable on when you think you want to put another solo project out? Like you said, you're trying to figure that out.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna drop two more, gonna drop this remix, like.
Speaker 2: I said, with a big remix, Yes, yes, yes, but we got big big it's gonna crack.
Speaker 1: But I got a shoot. I being a song called Shoe Fits.
Speaker 2: It's called if the Shoe Fits, And that's just like some tasks like all my MC ship, you know what I mean. There's like an inspirational song just about kind of like the old task that's having fun, rambling, you know, just talking about my life and everything. And after that, I see a lot of a lot of tour days coming up, you know what I'm saying, the alcoholics and solo, solo and ship. So I'm gonna be on the road to like Christmas fire and looking for more. So, but anybody out there on some on a difference on a side note and everything, I am looking for some management.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And what I mean by that is just like I'm handling them my career. You know what I'm saying. It's just I can't manage myself and do the music, yeah, and do all this other shs. I got my hands a lot of cookie jars. So anybody out there to see that, they hear the attention is a drug. And you know, like the remix has no home yet, you know what I'm saying. I mean, he's always got a home if you put it out. Independent for sure, but you know, I just see the bigger picture. So get at me, Bo cash Man.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you pulling up new song is out, Go support it, go street, run it up and uh the videos out, Yes, sir.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Dave Sapel and Fatty Lumpkin.
Speaker 3: Shout Dave Chappelle.
Speaker 2: I had to say that guy had to chest to go to his quib, I mean, not his quib. But he lives in this little town called Yellow Springs in Ohio.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, he's like his compound.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, and he invited me out to come out and hang out with him for a couple of hours of this shit, and it was crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've heard, I've only heard about it, but it looks I mean, I've had a few homies who were going there during COVID to watch on his shows. Yeah, and I heard it's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's dope shit.
Speaker 2: But the crazy part is that one of the rules is you can't videotape, right, So that's why I said, shout out Dave Schapelle. I can't post nothing of this and that. But it's incredible though. Man, you got this little town on lot Yellow Springs. Yes, so this is his new movie, Oh fire. Shout out to Chappelle.
Speaker 3: Man, Yeah, he's got at Harriet's in West Hollywood. It's at the top of one hotel. Uh. Yes, it's on corner there. It's called Chappelle's Corner. Wow. So you get like sat that's.
Speaker 1: What if you go to this town. I got the video camera right here.
Speaker 2: I saw you the town that they got spelled logo like stores and.
Speaker 3: Oh that's like his town.
Speaker 1: Damn it, that's like is sepel Ville. That's great, dude though.
Speaker 2: Man's just you know, he told us a lot of love that didn't have to just me and my cousin and shout out Jay Ross.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Boom, I appreciate you pulling up. Man. Can't I wait to hear what you got in the store. I can't wait for the remix.
Speaker 1: It sounds crazy, so we clicked hit you with it.
Speaker 3: Boom, My guy.
Speaker 4: Tash Rico Yes her wrapping up Bootleg cap podcast Faster than the Hurry by Boy Boom