Speaker 1: It's media podcasts.
Speaker 2: Spencer and Yannie back here. Before we get to trivia, we need to follow up on the promise that we made on Monday's episode of Meat Eater. We are going on tour, and we are now going to give you those details of when and where we're going. Giannis tell folks what they need to know about this live tour.
Speaker 3: Well, most importantly, who's gonna be there. Sure, Steve you because you're gonna be running trivia myself. That's the core. We're gonna do all the shows, and we're also gonna have friends and special guests from all the different regions that we pop in. They're gonna come and join us. It's gonna be a good time. We're gonna tell some stories, have some laughs, and obviously play some trivia from The dates are December sixth through December fifteenth. Locations Listen up Denver, Colorado, Kansas City, Missouri. I'm in Port, Iowa, Kalamazoo, Michigan, Detroit, Michigan. Shout out to my homies, Cleveland, Ohio, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and we're wrapping it up in Philly now. There's a limited number of VIP tickets available for every venue. It's only seventy five. So if you want to hang out, tell hunting stories, get some selfies with the crew, get those VIP tickets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, last time we did this, those VIP tickets were gone in hours, so if you want one of those, you probably need to purchase like soon after you hear this now. To get your tickets, you go to the medieater dot com backslash events. The tickets go on sale at noon today local time, and you use the pre sale code Hunt when you purchase. That's Hu and t Tickets for the general public go on sale on Friday. Again. You can get this information at the medeater dot com backslash events. Me Yannie, Steve plus others. Come into your city.
Speaker 3: Come join us.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be fun.
Speaker 3: That's right. We hope to see you there.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer new Arthan. Today we're joined by Giannis Poutellis, Brody Henderson, Randall Williams, Chester, Floyd, Maddie Layman, Tressa Croker, Corey Calkins and Seth Morris. This is a ten round quiz show with questions for meat Eaters four verticals which are hunting, fishing, conservation, and cooking, and there's a prize. Medior will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners choosing and for the stat of the Week this week, we're looking at what might be my favorite stat yet. Here it is we are going to donate one dollar from every board game sale to conservation projects. That means that your purchase of Meat Eater Trivia will help fund things like land access and wildlife habitat. We wanted to make sure that the product lived up to its name. Is the only board game where conservation always wins, and this is how we're doing it. By the end of the year, between the donations made on the show and the donations made through board game sales, will have given nearly fifty thousand dollars to projects that benefit hunters, anglers, and wildlife. So it's truly the only game show and the only board game where conservation always wins. Mediater Trivia, the board game, will be available this fall. Whow one dollar per sale fantastic conservation.
Speaker 3: That's sweet.
Speaker 2: Here's our zero percenter question of the Week, which tests how much knowledge players have retained from previous games. This question was from episode three eighty six. The topic was cooking, and nobody got it right. What day of the week is Thanksgiving in Canada? Who knows it? Monday? That's right now? How did we know it now? But not like six months ago?
Speaker 4: Well you read the answer six months ago.
Speaker 2: Sure you remembered it now? Okay, got some Canadian friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't even know Canada had to thank Did you miss it last time or did you know it and you didn't play?
Speaker 4: I think I missed it last time. I think I was here.
Speaker 2: Well it was a zero percenter, so everybody missed it. Who was playing? Again? The correct answer was Monday. The incorrect answers were Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Speaker 1: Do you know if Thanksgiving is as big in Canada as it is in the US?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I think they celebrate similar similarly, a lot of family and a lot of food, and it's always the second Monday of Is it October?
Speaker 3: But that was my question, so it's not the same time of year. No, I mean kind of close, but a different month.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think it's even in November. It might have based on the same you're asking me too many things about.
Speaker 5: Acer.
Speaker 2: Come on, we'll find out that'll be a future housekeeping. Now, for the housekeeping portion of today's show, I want to talk about our schedule for the next few months. By the middle of October, I hope to have nearly every episode recorded that we'll release through the end of the year. That means that future Housekeeping maybe on a significant delay. If there's a correction to be made, I promise I'll get to it, but in some cases it may not happen until twenty twenty four. Now, this also means that we've already recorded the med Eater Trivia Championship. It's a four episode tournament that will be released in November and December where we crown a champion of med Eatter Trivia for twenty twenty three. There are forty questions and twenty players, and by the end of the tournament there will be just one winner. Everyone in this room participating in the tournament some way without spoiling anything, What can we say about the tournament to make people excited?
Speaker 5: Dude comes down the last question.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's a lot of shouting.
Speaker 2: There was Episode three, well potentially had the most tension.
Speaker 4: That it might have been shouting the most shouting.
Speaker 3: Of There's lots of ups and downs for some people.
Speaker 1: The championship was just such a blast.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, it was a blast. All your corrections, I bet in episode two.
Speaker 3: I hope not.
Speaker 2: I hope. We talk about it on the tournament. In the intro, we had some fact checking that went in beforehand to make sure that all of our ducks were in a row. The tournament comes out later this year.
Speaker 6: Spencer, can you tell everyone what you told me? Why you need to have all of.
Speaker 5: The episodes recorded so.
Speaker 2: I can go hunting?
Speaker 4: That's right?
Speaker 2: Yeah. The Shelby Index for today for today's round is a four, so our winner should get eight correct answers. And with that we're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop, Phil, Look, I need to know what I stand to win everything?
Speaker 4: How's that? Just tend to win everything?
Speaker 2: Gamon Suckers. Question one. The topic is woodsmanship, and as always, this will be multiple choice. This first great question comes to us via Chris Blair. According to the Colorado Parks and Wildlife, ninety five percent of barry that are this color or poisonous? Is it red? Green, white, or blue. Again. This information is via the Colorado Parks and Wildlife. They say that ninety five percent of berries that are this color are poisonous. Is it red, green, white, or blue? The room has been slow to answer Yanni, and Yanni fashion wants to get a read on the rest of the room before he comes up with his own answer. What did you gain from watching the faces of your competitors?
Speaker 4: Yanni?
Speaker 3: I actually was, and I was just going just going through the colors, ok ahead, and thinking of berries that I know in those colors. Now I've got it narrowed down to two.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're gonna ask me something I don't have the answer to, Randal. You're gonna be like, is this in the world? Is it North America? No?
Speaker 4: I was whether the ninety five Yeah, ninety five percent of barry species, number of species that have berries of this color.
Speaker 2: I don't know this is It was just it's not going to change my answer.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to.
Speaker 2: I think it's safe to assume that this is definitely in the Rocky Mountains and probably just in North America in general. But they say ninety five percent of berries that are this color are poisonous, red, green, white, blue. It's a high percentage, very high percentage. Does everybody have an answer? Red? Green, white, blue? We're waiting on. Brody and Yannis are two competitors who have lived in Colorado, where this information comes from.
Speaker 5: A lot of berries out there.
Speaker 3: Berries.
Speaker 2: Red, green, white, or blue? Is anybody confident? Does not appear? So? Uh? Yes, Seth the answer to it quickly, kind but not really go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Trusted saying red, Maddie saying red, chest you're saying white, Randall saying white, Seth saying white, Cory saying white, Yanna saying white, Brody saying white. They got it. The correct answer is white sweat. In that one, they say that you should avoid almost all berries that are white or yellow, with ninety five percent of them categorized as poisonous. About fifty percent of berries that are red are poisonous, but only fifteen percent of berries that are black or blue are poisonous. And of that fifteen percent, about one third of them can be fatal and the other two thirds will just make you sick.
Speaker 1: Can anybody name a white berry?
Speaker 2: No, that's probably that's.
Speaker 3: Good poison Ivy, Yeah, that's what I was. That's what almost made me not pick it, because I was thinking, we'll snow.
Speaker 5: You're still around right now.
Speaker 3: Can't be poisoned.
Speaker 2: No, because there's not a ton of them. That's probably why ninety five percent are poisonous. Question two, The topic is hunting. The eight top selling shotgun shells from shields are all in this gauge. Again, the topic is hunting the eight top selling shotgun shells from shields are all in this gauge.
Speaker 7: Shotgun shells from shields. That's a good theater warm up and you can try that one out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go, red leather, yellow.
Speaker 4: Leathers selling shotgun shells from shields.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Phil, do you have any theater updates for us?
Speaker 7: It just started rehearsal for the next show.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, comes out when October twentieth.
Speaker 4: It opens and auditions are closed.
Speaker 5: Is this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Sorry, Randall good. I put a good word in for you, but they didn't see you got you shared my tape with them I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta tell you what the pizza bagels saw. That was his audition.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So it's not a musical. It's an old like nineteen thirties, like Screwball. Comedy that still holds up pretty well called you Can't Take It with you.
Speaker 2: But Phil's leaving out the coolest detail. There are only two people in the whole show.
Speaker 8: Oh that's that's a different one, a different one. That one's in February.
Speaker 2: Sure, okay, open for that.
Speaker 8: One and I never will a one show one man. Oh, nobody wants to see that, Phil.
Speaker 3: How big of a part do you have?
Speaker 7: It's it's pretty big. I mean there's but there no.
Speaker 3: Smigger small part, bigger than what you did for what did we come to, Carl?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, it's bigger than it's two people.
Speaker 3: You said no that February. Sorry, I'm money big, huge, great cast for this, at least fifty. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Here's the question one more time. It is question to the eight tops selling shotgun shells from shields are all in this gauge? Does everybody have an answer? Yes, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Tresa saying twenty, Maddie saying twelve, Chester saying twelve, Randall saying twelve. Everyone else in the room said twelve. They got it. The correct answer is twelve.
Speaker 5: I was waiting for a surprise.
Speaker 2: According to a twenty nineteen article, the three most popular shotgun gauges in America are twelve, twenty, and four to ten in that order. This is reflected in the AMMO offerings from Midway USA, with three hundred and seventy two offerings in the twelve gage compared to one hundred and thirty six and twenty gauge and thirty nine in four to ten. Question three, the topic is public lands. This next great question comes to is via Tony Estrada. What state is home to Sam Houston National Forest and Davy Crockett National Forest? Question three topic is public lands? What state is home to Sam Houston National Forest and Davy Crockett National Forest? Spencer, did you tell us what the uh Shelby and Lby four winner should get?
Speaker 3: Eight?
Speaker 2: Lately? Few times in the last couple months, we've had some players flirting with perfect games, but it has not happened yet this year. Maybe this is a round that we get one.
Speaker 4: It would be nice.
Speaker 2: What if it's not you, though, No, that.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't be okay.
Speaker 2: Randall just wants to.
Speaker 4: I would I would have lost.
Speaker 2: He just wants conservation to win. Oh yeah, so then yeah, we double the donation. Here's the question again. What state is home to Sam Houston National Forest and Davy Crockett National Forest. Brody and Yannie, Seth and randall appear to know at Chester, how about you.
Speaker 6: I don't know about that, Okay, gave them too much credit.
Speaker 2: Chester, What do we have for lunch today?
Speaker 5: Muscles? Rock muscles? It at.
Speaker 1: It's not that great.
Speaker 2: Last time Chester had to leave the room to release a burp because he had canned muscles with blue cheese for lunch.
Speaker 1: I mean, if Seth wants to tell it, he can tell it.
Speaker 2: But story, wait, there's a different good story.
Speaker 3: I went to launch. I think we need to blank that out today.
Speaker 2: This could be just a couple Yeah we might under.
Speaker 9: An hour ago, okay, but on the way home he almost I think, yeah, I think we will bleep that out to the point where I had before parking.
Speaker 3: I had to stop and let him out at the front and then and then I went and parked my truck. And you're pretty sure.
Speaker 1: It's from the It happens to the best of us.
Speaker 3: It does.
Speaker 8: So that took like a what of solid twenty minutes or maybe not solid, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: There's something amazing I saw that the owner of this place we're talking about that Phil is going to bleep out. Was recently posting in like a community Facebook group saying something like, we're under new ownership. We're looking forward to working with you. Would love to cater events, but I think I'll avoid him now.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, just Chester, is this just an.
Speaker 2: Everyday thing only when we played trivia?
Speaker 6: It is home to Sam Houston.
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm fine, So it's not.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's just.
Speaker 2: You know, I we do Chester.
Speaker 1: You don't hide anything, sure.
Speaker 2: You know in high school, the like a football game day, like I would get sick to my stomach. I think that was a common sentiment that other players had. Maybe it's what trivia does to you, just makes you nervous. Nokay, does everybody have an answer?
Speaker 3: Gonna change mine?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: Last minute change.
Speaker 2: From the honest Our coach straight up told this Chester that he would get diarrhea every game day. Really, yes, So maybe maybe that's what we're working with here. It is. Everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Tresta saying Texas, Maddy saying Texas, Chester saying Mississippi, Randall saying Texas. Seth saying Tennessee, Cory saying Texas. Yiannis saying Arkansas. He crossed out Texas, Brody saying Texas. We have a correct to answer in the room. It's Texas. So folks did pretty.
Speaker 1: Well took the clue of Houston, right, that's right.
Speaker 2: Both National forests are about one hundred and sixty thousand acres and are located thirty miles from each other in East Texas. Each forest was established in nineteen thirty six, and he's used for logging, grazing, hunting, fishing, hiking, and more. Each man played an important role in the Texas Revolution, which explains why towns, cities, counties, streets, and public lands are named after them in the state.
Speaker 4: Got to remember pretty remember the Alamo.
Speaker 2: There you go. They got to be pretty small national for one hundred and sixty thousand acres combined, so maybe it's sizable in the Alamo. Question four the topic is cooking. The Food Network describes this as quote Japanese breadcrumbs made from steamed, crustless loaves of bread. Some quick answers in the room, the most confident our players have looked. The Food Network describes this as quote Japanese breadcrumbs made from steamed crustless loaves of bread. This maybe a one hundred percenter crustless loaves.
Speaker 1: So they cut off the crust.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's they bake it and prevent crust from forming, or if they cut across.
Speaker 5: Suff's possible?
Speaker 6: Would that be possible baking something that didn't have a crust?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Well, if it's steamed.
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 2: Does everybody have an answer? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Tressa saying panko. Maddie's saying tempora chess. You're saying panco, Randall and Seth and Corey and Giannis and Brody saying panco. They got it. The correct answer is pinko. The Food Network says the benefit of using panco is that it's flakier, crunchier, and lighter than traditional bread crumbs. This makes it a popular choice for fried foods. If you want to learn how to cook with panco, then check out Steve Burnelle's recipe for turkey schnitzel or Jenny Wheatley's recipe for Walleye tacos on the meat eater dot com.
Speaker 4: Corey, I hope You're not looking at pictures of breadcrumbs on that phone.
Speaker 5: He's looking at some panco crusted elk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, looking at pictures of the giant bull he just killed, which he thinks might go over three hundred inches by one inch. Oh a different Okay, Yeah, well done, Corey. Question five, the topic is fishing. This next great question comes. It is via Chris Blair again, what fishing brand is known for? Products like the flicker shad and power bait? Again, a very confident room. What fishing brand is known for? Products like the flicker shad and power baits? Seth, Chester Brodie already have their answer. Giannis just joined them.
Speaker 7: That flicker shad is the one of Chester's favorite baits.
Speaker 6: I like that one too, Sure is a good one.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 4: He's always like, got to stop and get a couple.
Speaker 1: In power boat too.
Speaker 2: What fishing brand is known for products like the flicker shed and power bait? Tresa and Maddie, I think we're waiting on you. Ready go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Tresa without an answer, Maddie saying Rapaula Chester and Randall and Seth saying Berkeley. Corey without an answer Jannis and Brody saying Berkeley, they got it. The correct answer is Berkeley. Berkeley was founded in nineteen thirty seven in Spirit Lake, Iowa. The company began when sixteen year old Berkeley Bedel used money from his paper route to start the business. His first products were hand tied flies that he made out of the hair from the family dog and feathers from the family chickens.
Speaker 7: Did you catch that big wallet on a flicker?
Speaker 3: Shed?
Speaker 10: I didn't, Oh what color was it? It was like a purple and white with a little chartruse in it.
Speaker 3: If you would have had.
Speaker 9: Measured in wait, it would have been a potential Montana state record?
Speaker 2: Man Chester? What size flickershad?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 2: Do they go like the three, five seven round?
Speaker 10: Is that how they sized their I honestly, I don't know, Okay, I just look at the caught the big one though, Yeah, I don't know what one I was.
Speaker 2: Phil. We are halfway through the game of trivia. Give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we've got Tresa and Maddie with two points a piece, and then Chester, Corey, Jannis and Seth All have four points and tied up. Two perfect games are Brody and Randall can you believe it.
Speaker 3: Sons of bitches.
Speaker 2: Brody and Randall perfect game.
Speaker 4: On a game show where Randall and.
Speaker 3: Always win.
Speaker 2: Question six, that's funny, se The topic is how This eight letter word is a synonym for tadpole and describes a frog that's in a larval stage. Oh, man, this is not going to break up the perfect game for Brody, But Randall doesn't look confident. The topic is biology. Here's the question. This eight letter word is a synonym for tadpole and describes a frog that's in a larval stage. Brody is the only person that's come up with an answer.
Speaker 3: Brody, how'd you know it? Oh?
Speaker 5: I feel like when you when you hear the answer, you're going to know it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Like.
Speaker 5: I can't say anymore.
Speaker 2: When you see Brody's answer, you're gonna know it. That's that's all. He's all he's got. He may be the only one that comes up with an answer. This eight letter word is a synonym for tadpole and describes a frog that's in a larval stage. This is question six. The room is stumped, baby frog.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 10: I feel like when you read this question, I was like I have to know this, but uck.
Speaker 3: Huh you do you do? It's in there, and when he reveals it, you can.
Speaker 1: Like every question ever, Spencer, these are.
Speaker 6: The ones where are like you to move on to Does everyone have an answer?
Speaker 3: You don't enjoy the chit chat.
Speaker 2: There's a real lack of answers in the room right now, or the only one to write something down?
Speaker 5: I have?
Speaker 4: I have an answer written down? Not confident?
Speaker 2: Okay, does it have eight letters?
Speaker 4: It does?
Speaker 2: Did you have to misspell it to get there? You think?
Speaker 4: Or en the best of my knowledge, this.
Speaker 2: Eight letter word is a synonym for tadpole. He describes a frog. It's in a larval stage.
Speaker 3: Chester just can't have something.
Speaker 2: Balance is taking a hangman approach. He is gritted out. Where each letter go? Okay, I might steal his.
Speaker 3: Answer to.
Speaker 2: Eight letter word that's a synonym for ted.
Speaker 4: Is this a technical or a cloak wheel?
Speaker 5: Come on, let's go.
Speaker 2: Not giving you any help?
Speaker 4: I don't even know not it.
Speaker 1: It's not eight letters.
Speaker 2: The people without answers? Are you going to come up with an answer?
Speaker 3: No? Not in the time that we have.
Speaker 2: Maddie and Tressa are writing. When they're done, we will reveal answers. Seth Are you ready? Yeah, Maddie, Tresa, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Tresta saying, Minow saying tadpole, Chester without an answer, Randall saying pollywog, Small Guy, Corey saying little fella be honest without an answer, Brody saying poly wog. They got it. The correct answer is poly wog.
Speaker 6: I feel like if you had asked that in a kid's version of the Trivia the whole room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how would that go?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just feel like it's a rhyming. It's like in a nursery rhyme or something.
Speaker 7: Also, who can forget the pokemon polywag?
Speaker 2: Thank you Phil the Merriam Webster. The Merriam Webster definition of poly wog is just tadpole. You can spell poly wog with either an e.
Speaker 8: Or a y.
Speaker 2: Both of our players who got it right with the why route. Western Oregon University describes the four stages as of a frog is being an egg, then tadpole or polywog, then froglet then frog. Question seven. The topic is public lands. This is our listener question of the Week, which was won by Elena Watts for sending this great question. Elena is going to get a book signed by Steve. If you want a chance to win our listener question of the Week, then send your question to Trivia at the medeater dot com.
Speaker 3: I feel like earlier he had some submitted questions, but they didn't get any prizes.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's only one question of the week. Oh and that person is the only person who gets a prize.
Speaker 3: So earlier when you said we got this question from Brian so and so.
Speaker 2: They just get a shout out that is their prize, Yanni, uh huh. Don't have enough prizes to go round for everyone, but we appreciate everyone who sends in questions. If you send in a great one, you may win, like Elena. Here's a question. Located in Maryland's Katoctin Mountain Park. This place has served as a secluded presidential retreat since nineteen forty two. Brody has an answer, Randall, do you have an answer as well?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 2: Okay in Ryd will know it. The rest of the room does not. The topic is public land, located in Maryland's Katoctin Mountain Park. This place has served as a secluded presidential retreat since nineteen forty two. Seth is joining Randall and Brody with an answer, Seth, do you know it?
Speaker 3: Maybe?
Speaker 2: See Corey? Do you know it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Phil?
Speaker 2: What have you gotten that last question?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: Because of the Pokemon Polywag. Yeah, you would have gotten.
Speaker 7: It, Pollywag. It's got the very distinct kind of like tadpole looking chair.
Speaker 8: But when it evolves into polywhirl, it loses the tale and gets like weird gloved hands for some reason.
Speaker 3: Doesn'tmorphosis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it metamorphosis. Here's the question again. Located in katoctin Mountain Park, this place has served as a secluded presidential retreat since nineteen forty two. Is everyone who's going to come up with an answer? Have an answer? Yanni, let me write something down, Okay, Chester, Tresa, Okay. When Yanni is done, we will flip over the boards. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have trusted without an answer, Maddie without an answer, Chester without an answer. Vanda's saying Camp David, Seth saying Carnegie Estate, Cordy saying Camp David, Giannis saying Monticello. Brody's saying Camp David. The correct answer is Camp David.
Speaker 1: Camp.
Speaker 2: Randall would have been good.
Speaker 4: Camp Randall Stadium.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every president since Franklin D. Roosevelt has used Camp David as a place for rest and relaxation. Although it's within park boundaries, the presidential retreat is close to the public. The camp has a presidential cabin, a dozen guest cabins, a pool, hot tub, fitness center, bowling alley, pool tables, horseshoe pits, ski range, tennis court, basketball court, chapel, golf hole, and more. Question eight. The topic is conservation, which state that touches the Pacific Ocean has the most endangered species. We'll get a scoreboard update from Phil after this. Again, the topic is conservation, which state that touches the Pacific Ocean has the most endangered species. Seth, What enabled you to come up with Camp David? There long after our other two players? Who got it right? I'm sorry, Corey? Did Corey you got that right? How do we know Camp David?
Speaker 5: This is a hard one.
Speaker 4: I think I've answered this a couple of times.
Speaker 3: I watched the news.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's you're right. That's that's a good way to get questions. Right.
Speaker 3: Do you watch Big NPR guy? There you go, that's can't watch that one? Though, can you well, you listen to NPR, right, oh, yeah, you know, watch Okay. I just feel like watching the evening news is not a thing anymore. Like when I grew up hanging out with my grandparents, like that was a thing. Every night, I have to sit through the evening news until we could watch something entertaining. The wheel fortune comes on, yeah or whatever, and now this is like not a thing.
Speaker 2: Here's the question again, which state that touches the Pacific Ocean has the most endangered species? Brody has declared this a hard one. Does everybody have an answer? Randall, how do you feel about your answers? We're not supposed to talk about a perfect game, but we're gonna talk about a perfect game. You and Brody both have a perfect game going.
Speaker 5: That's why I might roll the dice on this.
Speaker 2: Could separate them. Which state that touches the Pacific Ocean has the most endangered species? Random is changing.
Speaker 3: That's the one on the left side of the map.
Speaker 4: Right, depends which way you're holding the map.
Speaker 3: Be honest, I've seen that lately. There's like this new thing in cartography, like popular cartography, where they like to like spin the world and make you look at continents and places in you know, from different angles, which is good. Why do we always look at it with north up?
Speaker 9: What you know?
Speaker 3: Why is that spenser weird? Think about that? Does it bother you when you see a map that's south up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course that would bother me.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't that bother.
Speaker 3: I don't know. There's I've been seeing it around.
Speaker 2: Does everybody have an answer? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Tresta saying California, Maddy's saying California, Chester is saying California, Randall saying California, Sets saying California, Corey saying Hawaii, Yana saying California. Brody's saying Hawaii. The correct answer is Hawaii. God got it right as well as Corey.
Speaker 4: I just changed it.
Speaker 2: Hawaii actually has the most endangered species in the country at four hundred and eighty four. For the other states that touch the Pacific, California has two to eighty seven, Oregon has forty seven, Washington has thirty two, and Alaska has eight. Phil We have two questions left. Give us a leaderboard update.
Speaker 7: Sure thing. We have Tresa, Maddy, Seth Giannis, and Chester Well.
Speaker 8: They're all out of the game. I don't know where I was going with that. But then we've got Corey with six points, Randall with seven, and Brody with eight.
Speaker 2: Question nine, the topic is still say Corey. This next great question comes to us via Jared Hatcher. Mike, what is the name of a landlocked sakey salmon? This is question nine. The topic is fishing. What is the name of a landlocked sak guy salmon? Randall? How close were you to putting Hawaii on that last time?
Speaker 4: I had Hawaii on my board for about ninety percent of the the time between the question and the answer, and I erased it at the very last moment and changed to California.
Speaker 2: And Brody, how close were you to not putting Hawaii on that question? Why? From the beginning?
Speaker 4: For you?
Speaker 2: Here's the question again, It's question nine. What is the name of a landlocked socky salmon?
Speaker 3: Randal? I see you're hosting an episode coming up here pretty soon.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's correct.
Speaker 3: How's that coming?
Speaker 4: Uh? It's going very well. Just coming up with questions that I would know the answer toe so that I can have a smug sense of self satisfaction at the very end of the episode, provided that no one else gets a perfect game?
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 2: Does everybody have an answer? Any bones in there for the normal?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: I might put in a couple of weird ones.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The random episode is about a month away. But we're going to do the second every second ever episode where I'm not hosting. It's everybody ready, I'm going to play. That's right, Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Tressa saying Atlantic salmon, Maddie saying coho, Chester saying cocany, Randall saying cociny, Seth saying King, Corey saying cociny, Giannis saying Cocainey, Brody saying cociny. The correct answer is cocony. It's believed that the divergence between sake salmon and cociny salmon happened about fifteen thousand years ago. Biologists speculate the newly formed lakes and rivers from Glacier Water convinced some groups of salmon to quit migrating to the ocean. Although sakes and cocony sometimes spawn in the same place at the same time, they will not inter breed. Who's caught a cociny in here anyone? Were they all in Montana or somewhere Elsedo?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Are there a lot of places in Colorado that have them? Are they native?
Speaker 6: Noa has those things?
Speaker 2: Antena has a few places though with native cocaine. I think right, feel like a far northwest corner. Maybe question ten. We have Brody with the perfect game. Randall is one question behind him. They're the only players left, right, Phil, Yes, perfect game on the line. The topic is cooking. According to a twenty twenty two study, this store sells the second most groceries in America. What's wrong the honest.
Speaker 3: Doesn't seem to quite fit in the cooking question?
Speaker 2: Did we always talk about knowing where your food comes from? This is according to a twenty twenty two study, this store sells the second most groceries in America. And this is based on dollars, not weight or something like that. It's based on dollars. According to a twenty twenty two study, this store sells the second most groceries in America. Perfect game is on the line for Brody, it would be the first perfect game I think since our Christmas episode of twenty twenty two. See if he can pull it off? Brody, how do you feel about your answer? No, I not great cheering for you. I want it to happen. Normally i'd lean towards having a tiebreaker, but I would like to just double our donation instead. Does everybody have an answer, so you you have a preferred outcome? I do have a preferred outcome right now? Yes, I would like.
Speaker 3: When's this episode gonna air? Sure?
Speaker 4: I feel about that.
Speaker 3: Like literally next the next episode that's airing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the host should remain impartial, right, that's my understanding of how these things work.
Speaker 4: The best practice.
Speaker 3: If you win, you got to donate it to the veil Bakehorn because that you hear they finally got a number for the land and they got a big two point five million dollar fundraising thing that's gonna kick off here about it in the next couple of days.
Speaker 5: But I don't want to jinx myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's get there first.
Speaker 1: Everybody having any I'm feeling really good about my answer. You can know it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Trusted saying Whole Foods, Maddy's saying Walmart, Chester saying Costco, just sang Walmart, Seth saying Walmart Corey saying Walmart, Yanna saying Walmart, Brody saying Walmart. The correct answer is Costco. Damn chester Chester got it right. Brody wins the game. He doesn't get the perfect game, but he wins with nine correct answers. It's estimated that last year in the United States, twenty five percent of all groceries were purchased at Walmart. That's followed by Costco at seven percent, Kroger at six percent, Sam's Club at five percent, and Public's at four percent. At less than three percent market share, our target, Cube, Safe Way, Whole Foods, and Dollar General.
Speaker 3: What was the percentage of Costco?
Speaker 2: Seven percent? Walmart has a demanding lead. Twenty five percent of all groceries in the country are purchased at Walmart. Brody is our winner. Brody, where is the five hundred dollars donation I won?
Speaker 6: But honest is gonna tell you where the money's going?
Speaker 3: No, No, I want you to choose it though, and then I can know, right.
Speaker 6: I mean, we talked about getting some money to them just a couple of days ago.
Speaker 3: Oh we did.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Remember you called me about sending that thing down there.
Speaker 3: I was wondering if you're gonna if you could drive it down. Yeah, well, oll Stevie Reid's gonna be up here guiding, so he's gonna drive that.
Speaker 1: Thing where you guys gonna donate to.
Speaker 3: It's coming.
Speaker 4: Just don't be coy.
Speaker 3: The we've talked about. I've actually given money when I won a long, long time ago to the Veil I don't know if they have a name, but it's basically saving some There's a r uncle habitat twenty acres in right almost dead smack center of the town of Vail, Colorado, right off of Interstate seventy.
Speaker 5: Which doesn't sound like much, but.
Speaker 3: It doesn't sound like much, but it is the lifeblood winter range of this herd that numbers of about one hundred big horns in the Gore range. And I happen to be lucky enough to hunt there a couple of years go, four a sheep. And anyways, the town of Veil had to go through a lot, a big long process to actually condemn the land so they could buy it and have Veil Resorts not develop it and turn it into employee housing. And they finally settled on a number and they're gonna be able to buy it for I forget exactly how many million, but they still need a couple million to make up the difference. And so by the time you hear this, there'll already be a week into the fundraising. But Google search, veil big Horn, and you can probably find a place. Finally, we'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: So is there optimism that it's going to happen?
Speaker 3: Very optimist. I think they're gonna make it happen. Yeah, Wild Chief Foundation is in on it.
Speaker 6: If that land were to get develop there's a very good chance of that heard would just blink out because they just don't have anywhere to go in the.
Speaker 3: Winner Everything, all the other Winner habitat has already been developed.
Speaker 2: Five hundred dollars going their way. Well done, Brody, so close, Thanks Brody, Perfect game. It's gonna happen yet this year. I feel like it's right there. Join us next time for more Meat Eat or Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins.