Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys. This is Mick Shot screaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the Official Dallas Cowboys Act. Now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humohler, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: Dallas Cowboy.
Speaker 4: You know the first time that Stampede was played after a Cowboys Dolphins game, it was some fifty one years ago, more than fifty one years ago now. It was January sixteenth, nineteen seventy two. That's when the Dallas Cowboys went down to New Orleans and beat the Miami Dolphins twenty four to three to win Super Bowl six.
Speaker 5: Was that the first time they played the song?
Speaker 4: That's the first time they played the song after a Cowboys Dolphins game. Oh after, because that was the first meeting ever between the Cowboys and the Dolphins. Was the Dwayne Thomas game when the Cowboys beat the Dolphins. And that I wish Efferson was here so he could hear the Dwayne Thomas game. That's a game to win over the Dolphins in the Super Bowl. And here we are fifty one years later, and it's the Cowboys and the Dolphins to ten and four teams playing on Christmas Eve, and here we are with your earliest pregame show possible.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, absolutely the earliest Christmas Eve show too. By the way, we'll get you ready for Christmas Eve too.
Speaker 4: I couldn't find my Santa hat. I was gonna wear a Santa hat today. I think I gave it away or something last year.
Speaker 5: I thought of it, and then I got into rush to leave because I've got a blue.
Speaker 4: Cowboys Yeah Santa hat, Santa half.
Speaker 6: You guys should have worn that. I should have, but gosh, getting the Christmas spirit.
Speaker 4: I was in the Christmas spirit. I just didn't take ahead of time to go find it.
Speaker 5: Avan by a store on the way. Savannah's into Christmas.
Speaker 4: She is. I got a present. She gave me a gift. She give you a gift.
Speaker 5: I got one too.
Speaker 4: Thought I was the.
Speaker 6: Spot producer Supreme he got one as well. Everson was the only one that missed out today.
Speaker 4: I did, all right, Well you got time on Everson exactly.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So's not gonna be back.
Speaker 6: Till two day shows up on Monday. But we'll find out.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's good one, Yeah, very good, all right, so it's a fabulous football Friday, getting you set for a Christmas weekend full of games. Got kicked off actually last night. You know, if you were going to pick a Thursday night game to play in, if you had to play on a Thursday night, which every team does, and you had your choice of Thursday night games to play in, this would be the week to do it. Because the Rams and the Saints they got to play on Thursday night. And then Sean mcvayh told the Rams after the game, come back Tuesday. I don't want to see again till Tuesday, the day after Christmas.
Speaker 5: That's pretty good. That's nice.
Speaker 4: Nice for him. By the way, they earned it, and they have earned it really almost going back to when they came in here and lost to the Cowboys forty three to twenty in October. I think they lost the next week and Stafford was hurt, and then they had a bye week. Do you really what the Rams have done since then? Now they are on a hot streak. They have won five of their last six games. And Matthew Stafford, you talk about if he did this over the entire season, he'd be in that MVP conversation. The way he's playing right now?
Speaker 5: Are they above five hundred?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 4: They are? They're eight and seven, eight.
Speaker 5: And seven, Yeah, so they're in the mix.
Speaker 4: For h oh, They're definitely right there. Yes, they are right in there. And if you look, they play at the Giants next week, then they will finish against San Francisco, which likely will be a game that San Francisco doesn't have to win and be playing backups, and they're looking at a ten and seven record. And coach gets back to my question from earlier in the week as it relates to the Cowboys. Would you rather in the first round of the playoffs host the Rams or the Seahawks? And the Seahawks, by the way, have a good shot at they play at the Jets this week, and at the top I think they maybe have Pittsburgh in Arizona. But anyway, they have a chance of finishing ten and seven. Two. Would you rather host the Rams or the Seahawks or go on the road and play at Tampa Bay in the first round of the playoffs?
Speaker 6: I think earlier this week I said go on the road.
Speaker 4: But I've changed my mind, have you really? I have?
Speaker 6: I think actually playing at home first might just give the guys the pep and the step that they need going into that next round. But I I might pick Seattle, oh yeah, over the Rams if that was the case.
Speaker 5: If I go on the road, who do I got to play next?
Speaker 4: No, I'm talking about the question is because that first round the cat is that's right, But first round of the playoffs.
Speaker 5: Is the second round? I'm getting San Francisco or you're getting Philadelphia? Yeah, one of the two?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I don't get my choice in them.
Speaker 6: I just don't like them being on the road the whole time, you know, like if that was the scenario where they're on the road all through the playoffs, you might as well have one at home.
Speaker 4: And I know, I know more likely you'll have two at home. Yea, because you have the number two seed.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 4: Well, no, we're talking yeah, right exactly, Yeah, you will, you'll be.
Speaker 5: I'll take home. I'd rather play Tampa Bay. But I'll tell that's a good one.
Speaker 4: Uh And and we just saw Seattle come in here and it was.
Speaker 5: So do you realize right now the Rams, other than technically Philadelphia is the only team not leading a division with a winning record. They're eight and seven, right, everybody in the well New Orleans lost, so they're seven and eight, but Tampa Bay is seven and seven, and then second place.
Speaker 4: In the in Seattle right now seven and seven, right.
Speaker 5: North Minnesota seven and seven, yeah, and Seattle seven and seven.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you look at the remaining schedule for the Rams and the Seahawks, you can make a case that both of them could win their remaining games and both finished ten and seven. It looks like if you just look at the schedule going forward, that there's going to be three playoff teams come out of the NFC West San Francisco and as well as the Rams and the Seahawks. Now, we'll see they can easily spit the bit too the last couple of weeks of the season. But it's very interesting, and you know, a coaching job that McVeigh has done with the Rams is pretty remarkable.
Speaker 5: Turned them around, and that offense looked awfully good if you think about it.
Speaker 4: Now. They got a healthy Cooper Cup to go along with the potential rookie of the year in Pukin Nakua who has ninety seven catches now for thirteen hundred and twenty seven yards.
Speaker 5: He's no CD Lamb though, no just I throw that out.
Speaker 4: He was a fifth round Okay, we're talking a fifth round draft pick. Yeah, okay. And last year's fifth round draft pick is their running back Kieran Williams. And who is by the way, this run that they're on right now is coincided with Kiaren Williams coming back to the lineup for them. He was out. In fact, he did not play against the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: He was when he.
Speaker 5: Scored the touchdown, he went and gave the ball news.
Speaker 9: Yes, yeah, so that was They were up thirty to seven with twelve forty four to go before the Saints actually started scoring points and.
Speaker 5: Got it to thirty twenty two, and then they on site kicked didn't recover it, and then they got one first down and kneeled out the game. But it got close at the end, one possession kind.
Speaker 4: Of sort of yeah, all right, So so here we are, and uh, we had the coach talked this morning on the radio. Yes, we had the owner, president, general manager talk on the radio this morning. And big time concern at left tackle for this team right now.
Speaker 5: Sounds that way, doesn't It sounded sounded like at least Zach Martin would do a little bit on Saturday and they felt pretty confident that he likely would be able to play. I'm guessing they're going to list him as questionable, and then Tyron Smith not as much. And as Mike McCarthy continues to say, we'll see what he does if he does anything on Saturday, and that'll make the determining factor if he's able to play on Sunday.
Speaker 4: And if he had to say, which who was ahead of the other right now?
Speaker 5: Jack Martin easily and it it sounded like he was going to take a part in the walk through today. So if he can do the walkthrough and just kind of get the mental part of it down, even if he doesn't do much tomorrow, they'll just get him ready to go on Sunday. And I've seen him walking around. He's walking well.
Speaker 4: Okay, if that means he's walk through. Yeah, they were just out on the field here, yeah.
Speaker 5: But yeah he was. When I saw him in the training table yesterday, he was walking pretty.
Speaker 4: Good, okay, And I'm thinking that he probably can handle the mental side of it.
Speaker 5: I would imagine. Now, on the other hand.
Speaker 4: Who's who's your left tackle?
Speaker 5: Well, let's tumba.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're not how you change two.
Speaker 5: Things that I don't feel good about that, but as a consolation, Miami Dolphins could very well have three guys missing from their offensive line.
Speaker 4: We know, before you go to the Dolphins, let me ask you real quick, where is Will Let's go on things right now, good question, Thank you very much. That's why.
Speaker 5: He has not been activated yet.
Speaker 4: Right. I was going to say he was designated, his windows started and this.
Speaker 5: Is the first time I think this week he's listed as fully practicing. Okay, so you might be able to keep him active if but I hadn't played all year, so would you?
Speaker 4: So what do you? Here's my question. Yeah, from a backup standpoint.
Speaker 5: You want awesome?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: Or do you want well, let's go who hasn't played all year?
Speaker 6: Awesome?
Speaker 4: I want someone to play awesome?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree. And if you activate, well, let's go.
Speaker 4: You got to make a move.
Speaker 5: Make a move.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, now good to get to the Dolphins. Dolphins is a juicier Well that's not juicier, but it's juicy.
Speaker 6: Well, you start yesterday. You had a couple inside scoops already before the practice report even came out yesterday, because you saw from your your people in Miami, Tyreek Hill was out on the field yes ready to practice. So that was the one from yesterday.
Speaker 4: I mean, get let me check my sources. No, I got your So okay, all right.
Speaker 5: Mike McDaniel already spoke to the media that right guard Robert Hunt will miss his third consecutive game. So he had been listed as not practicing all week and so they basically have decided he's out. And then the right tackle Austin Jackson.
Speaker 4: With an oblique injury.
Speaker 5: They are saying he would be limited today after not practicing Wednesday and Thursday, so that's going to be questionable. So if he doesn't play, they could be down three starters on their offensive line.
Speaker 6: That's big.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: They expected uh Tyreek Hill uh to be uh practicing today. McDaniel said, he needs to get through Friday's practice. So yesterday he went from did not practice to limited and they were going to see how much he can do today after doing some stuff yesterday. Also Xavian Howard, who has been listed so far as out and limited, he said he's good to go, and McDaniels said, we'll see what the trainers have to say. So I would imagine he's going to be questionable also, and By the way, Nadamakon Sue did visit the Dolphins. McDaniel said, we had a nice discussion, so no roster move, but he also said bringing him in he just don't want to assume things, meaning, oh, he can't play, he's you know whatever. So they did bring him in, So that kind of gives you an idea of where the majority of the injuries are. And it sounded like Hooker for the Cowboys, who I believe he missed both days right, Wednesday and Thursday. Let's see, yes, yes, no, they listened to him as limited yesterday. Okay, so I think that's a good sign that he's on demand. He had a ankle. I think he'll be good to go. And we know Jonathan Hankins is out. I would imagine he's out this week and probably next week with a high ankle spring and a knee too.
Speaker 4: By the way, Okay, yeah.
Speaker 6: He's not having a great time. I'm sure right now.
Speaker 4: The Dolphins offensive line and Austin Jackson has been confirmed now through my sources in Miami that he was out on the field. Out on the field, so he was actually doing something in practice today, their right tackle.
Speaker 5: So McDaniel did that as press conference before before Yeah.
Speaker 4: Practice, So tarn Armstead their left tackle who has been came back from injury last week. Okay, he should be starting at left tackle for them. And then they've got Lester Cotton, who has been starting at left guard, a college free agent twenty nineteen. Liam Eikenberg who moved from left guard to center when Connor Williams went down with his ACL injury six plays into the Tennessee game two weeks ago. He is the starting center. Robert Jones, college free agent two years ago, is the starting right guard, and if Austin Jackson can't go, then Kendall Lamb, who was a college free agent in twenty fifteen out of Appalachian State who is primarily a left tackle, would slide over to fit tackle to play very good. I think the Cowboys might be able to take advantage of what the Dolphins have on.
Speaker 5: Their officeunds that way. And Raheem Moster most he has not practiced the last two days, but they did put knee ankle and rest, so I would imagine he will be out there. And I've got some pretty good stats on.
Speaker 4: Him, okay, which we will get to when we come back previewing Cowboys and Dolphins when mixed Shots continues in a moment.
Speaker 10: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 4: The press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll run for a punch down. Just like football.
Speaker 10: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 4: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an actor trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 10: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 7: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound.
Speaker 4: Like something is missing.
Speaker 7: Pepsi baby the yin to this Burger's Yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi.
Speaker 6: This perfect blending of.
Speaker 7: Flavors makes every bite of let us, every sesame seed on the bun, and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice coold Koola A journey to Footopia burgers better with PEPSI, That's what I like.
Speaker 11: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 3: Did you know that're responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone? Beat scammers at their own game by subscribing to AARP fraud Watch Network alerts and texts. At AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's a ARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, demit.
Speaker 6: Shots, kpost roofline and waterproofing the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: All right, we continue here on mixed shots on a Christmas Eve Eve Eve edition as we get you set for Cowboys Dolphins three twenty five kickoff Dallas time on Christmas Eve. At the opportunity last night, this has really been a fun week for me since I have I'm offered my other job.
Speaker 5: How does that happen?
Speaker 4: I've been and so I've had more time to devote to like looking back at the Bills game, looking at more closely at the Dolphins. If I could just do this all the time, that'd be great.
Speaker 6: So I got to say, yesterday Mickey was sitting here looking up some stats on a page, and I look over at your notebook, and I swear you had it, every single same thing on the page written, and.
Speaker 4: How I prepare it.
Speaker 6: We could print, but no. Bill has his own way of doing it.
Speaker 4: That's right old school anyway.
Speaker 5: Well, you know there's a trick to that too. Some of us have to write things down to remember a memory that. Unfortunately, I was probably through college before I figured that out, right, Like studying for tests, it's like write it down.
Speaker 4: That's why exactly, that's why I have this big green NFL draft sky notebook and I look at it every spring semester. That's my class for the spring semester, just like you were for us old school back in college, where we had a notebook and I'd write things down whatever, And so I write down about these college players and that's how I you know, a guy's in the league for ten years. Oh that guy, he's from Nebraska, or he's from whatever. It just it's now. It's in my memory bank, you know. And if I just was looking at stuff, I would never remember that. But the fact you write it down, that's what commits it to memory.
Speaker 6: Oh, I know, I've hopped on the legal pad train.
Speaker 4: You go there, very good. Yeah, you can actually writing it down. It doesn't have to be in a notebook physically writing it. It can be just writing it down, typing it into a laptop or something too, or.
Speaker 5: Just writing like someone's name down so you remember it.
Speaker 4: Because there was a time like when I was doing Ranger games. Now this is I was ahead of ahead of my time on that. I was actually would use a laptop to do everything because I knew, like in the broadcast booth, I had the laptop at my fingertips and so I could eat quickly, go to stuff but like for TV shows and stuff, if I'm out here doing Cowboys TV shows about the draft or anything, well I can't. I don't have time the ability to get on a laptop to do that. So I found that it was easier writing down on a legal pad like Mickey has right there, or a notebook whatever, and.
Speaker 5: Wait another ten years.
Speaker 4: So anyway, so anyway, it's been great going back and looking at the Bills game. Yes, I thought TJ. Bass was fine at right guard, and in fact, I think going forward, the Cowboys have to feel really good about that college free agent out of Oregon. And asked Mike McCarthy about him yesterday. He's enthused about him as well. I mean, he had one play in the game against Buffalo that was glaring where a sack occurred and it was Jordan I think it was Jordan Phillips who got free. He was and it was a third and one play at the thirty nine yard line and they had tight splits. He was playing right guard and his left foot stepped on Tyler Biattish's foot and so he slipped and fell, and so Jordan Phillips was able to blast through to get to Dak. That was the only glaring issue that I thought that.
Speaker 5: Somebody had possibly going forward, whenever Tyron is done, you moved Tyler Smith to left tackle and Bass right now looks like he can play left guard well.
Speaker 4: And then going forward, I don't know how many is Zach Martin going to play another half decade?
Speaker 5: They better hope so.
Speaker 4: But going forward, even as far as Zach is concerned, you've got a young guy who can be groomed and you know, and if Tyler does kick out to left tackle, then you've got a guy who can.
Speaker 5: And remember in there from training camp and really kind of early in the season when they do the quarterback warm up aside, he's got his hand on the ball, so they were kind of looking to see if he could possibly be a backup center.
Speaker 6: How many snaps did he have last week?
Speaker 4: All but ten? I think he had, yeah, So I think there there it was forty seven. I think the offense had fifty seven snaps in the game, and I believe he had forty seven. Zach had ten.
Speaker 5: So anyway, Bass had forty seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So but go ahead, you have something that you I was.
Speaker 5: Going to point out about Raheem Mostert, and.
Speaker 4: I I will just continue to go with mostart here for those of you in Miami, we understand it is Moss and I wrote it down, by the way, it's not. And let me admit this, Okay, I said Siler earlier in the week. It's Zach Sealing. Here's a really good player on there.
Speaker 5: But now I've gotten Raheem down here you go, okay.
Speaker 4: And we've always and we've we've been everyone's been told it's a chan a chan.
Speaker 5: And I was reminded that McDaniel and most were with each other in San Francisco, and when McDaniel got the job as the head coach in Miami, the first free agent he signed was Raheem. He saw something in him. And one of the notes from Miami is uh monster broke Ricky Williams mostart. Sorry, Ricky Williams franchise rushing te the record for a single season with his eighteen right now and at also broke Mark Clayton record with twenty five touchdowns from scrimmage. So two pretty good guys that played for the Dolphins. And Ricky Williams was his guy growing up in New Samurna Beach, Florida, and he and his brother both wore Ricky Williams number, which at that time was thirty four. Now, how about this, So he's got eighteen rushing touchdowns at the age of thirty one. He's the fifth player in NFL history to score a total of twenty touchdowns thirty years or more old. The others Priest Holmes, John Riggins And this is from scrimmage, Okay, Randy Moss and Lenny Moore. Wow, the old Baltimore Colts running back. Right, and the next touchdown he scores will break Legarrett Blunts or past Lagarrett Blunt for third most rushing touchdowns by an undrafted player since nineteen sixty seven.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 5: So usually running backs at the age of twenty eight or so they start declining. Right, Sky's thirty.
Speaker 4: Well he didn't give very many carries.
Speaker 5: Eight yeah, yeah, so he's got tread on the tire, right, that's right.
Speaker 6: So I went to North Texas with Jeffrey Wilson Junior, who is their other running back, and he and Raheem were both in San Francisco at the same time, and they both went over to the Dolphins at the same time.
Speaker 4: Yep. So Hotel McDaniel liked both of them, and they also and before San Francisco got McCaffrey, they did running back by committee, and they were primary guys on that committee, right, And so McDaniel just took both of them from San Francisco.
Speaker 5: And he had suffered a bad knee injury in San Francisco, And I don't know if that's why they gave up at him and made the trade for McCaffrey.
Speaker 6: Yeah, in twenty twenty one, he had only one game played.
Speaker 5: It was pretty significant too, as I remember, so, thirty four yards away from a thousand yard season, by the way.
Speaker 4: Before age twenty seven. In twenty nineteen, Raheem Mostert had a total of forty two carries in the National Football League After being undrafted in twenty fifteen, he was with Cleveland, Miami, Baltimore, Chicago before finally landing with San Francisco is end of his second year in the league, and then was with the Niners until last season. And then McDaniel got the Miami job and quickly installed him as his starting running back. And then they draft eight chn this year, and that's quite a one to two punch now they have at running back. I mean, Mostard is about to go over a thousand yards rushing. He's thirty four yards shy of a thousand?
Speaker 5: Is that what I just said?
Speaker 4: Gotcha?
Speaker 6: I want to see where Tony Pollard is at. Let's do a little comparison here.
Speaker 5: Okay, Pollard has a ways to go to a thousand.
Speaker 6: I think he definitely does. I just want to look at It.
Speaker 4: Was interesting what Pollard was saying, was it this week or last week about how he nowes that at the beginning of the season he was still right.
Speaker 5: He said it yesterday, Yeah, it was it or Wednesday?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, he now realizes the difference in how he is running now as opposed to the beginning of the season how he was coming off that injury. And you can see it on the field a couple of weeks ago. I think I made the comment, man, he looks like he's quicker now. You can see him as he got to the second level. He's about to break one of these.
Speaker 5: He looks like how he was playing in training camp when they weren't tackling like the burst. Yeah, and now this has come back. So he's one hundred and fifty two yards short of a thousand. But the things that stood out to me with the Dolphins is mostrat has eighteen rushing touchdowns. Think about that, eighteen. I think I counted out counted up in the league, only like seven or eight teams have more rushing touchdowns than eighteen. What are the Cowboys have? Thirteen? He's got eighteen by himself. And the other thing with a chan. Now, he's only touched the ball running seventy two times. He's averaging eight point five yards a carry, eight point five.
Speaker 4: He missed a significant portion of the season too, eight chan.
Speaker 5: So we're talking fresh legs and he's you know, seventy two carries and he's got seven touchdowns.
Speaker 4: You know, it's interesting. And McCarthy has talked about this this week. Is the motion that the Dolphins use in their offense. Yeah, it's not traditional motion a lot of times, a lot of at times it is just prior to the snap where Tua will put a guy in motion, and I'm sure it's an indicator for him and an early indicator for him whether the defense is in a manned man or zone defense, which is why everybody used but they typically different, they but typically most teams put them in motion and they come all the way across the backfield or whatever. Well, there will be almost virtually every play. It seems like he puts a guy in motion and it's like just a second before the snap and it and it helps him, i think, be able to see the defense more clearly and get an early tip on what the defense is doing.
Speaker 5: So it it and it's giving that guy that's in motion a running start. It all, he's not going in motion and setting.
Speaker 4: But it also it's the reaction of the defense, right, and so the defense is reacting to that motion, which which can be the difference in a guy in the run game. Even where you're taking a guy, maybe a linebacker out of the box and you're clear, you're basically you're almost using it as a blocking tool. Okay, where if that linebacker is going with that tie the end who just went in motion, then it's going to clear up that side of the field and for then Hn and most have the speed to get to the second level there.
Speaker 5: And if people don't really understand what we're talking about, just think of an arena football when they would put guys in motion or the Canadian football you could go in motion and quarterback and going towards the line of scribble. They can't go toward but they are in motion running, so they get a running head start, and yeah, that complicates thing. And oddly it's working because as a team they've rushed for one nine and fifty five yards and by the way, twenty six touchdowns. But that when you got eighteen from one and seven from the other, it's pretty easy to get the twenty six.
Speaker 4: The other thing at Tua does And that's when I asked McCarthy about to what's impressed in the most and it's a command of the offense that Tua has now and now that he's he's in the second.
Speaker 5: Year in this offense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you'll see what he will do a lot of times is even pre snap, he puts a guy in motion to the right side and you could it's it's almost like a no look pass. It's coming at you where he got your attention going to the right side, and he'll just come back and throw it to waddle over here on the left side on a little square in or something like that. And so yeah, so, uh, just interesting just studying them, and I would think that they would be a very difficult team to prepare for in a short period of time. And so the advanced scouts on this team. Uh, and they've known about the success of this offense throughout the season. I bet the advanced scouts have put in a lot of time to where they've got a lot of their stuff at this point in the season. Down where there, that's going to be a very well prepared Cowboys team going in there to face what they throw at them. All right, our picks to click and predictions even from Everson when mixed shots continues in a moment.
Speaker 11: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 8: Cowboys Football and Miller Lyte What a pairing can cracks A kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday morning swag Brisky and the smoker, Miller Light and the Clue. So America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lite, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys football tastes like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three, Miliberal Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 3: Did you know that responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone? Beat scammers at their own game. By subscribing to AARP fraud Watch Network alerts and texts. At AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX.
Speaker 7: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for at a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute not schow nerve vana because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy savory topping. There's no topping of school Pepsy finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 6: That's what I like.
Speaker 5: Shots.
Speaker 6: Get a frameworthy family holiday photo with Santa at the Star presented by Monument Realty. Santa Claus will be at his cowboys themed cottage in the Star District through December twenty fourth. Visit the Star District dot com slash Santa for more info.
Speaker 4: All right, so through Christmas Eve, then he heads back to the North Pole for the rest of the year and Christmas, well, he's here so you can see Santa. Then he goes back and then he makes his rounds.
Speaker 6: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 5: Don't be spoiling Chris.
Speaker 4: What do you mean, Oh, okay, I'm not. Do you think you'll see Santa? You think you'll see the sleigh on the ride back on the Are you going to be looking out the window to see if you see Rudolph's red nose.
Speaker 5: You're going to see him when we go by the moon.
Speaker 4: And yeah, you'll see that. Yeah, you'll be looking at the moon. Just see. And if you'll see the silhouette.
Speaker 6: He's not even off at the very front line.
Speaker 5: If they win, he'll wave at the at the charter flight.
Speaker 4: You know what NFL player has the most pressure on him this weekend? Do tell it'll be tomorrow's game Pittsburgh and Cincinnati. Because because the new quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers. I understand that Mike Tomlin went to him earlier in the week. He's been the third string quarterback all year, and he said to Amy s team, Rudolph, will you right, slate?
Speaker 5: Okay, we played along with you. I knew something was coming.
Speaker 4: I couldn't spit it out. You remind Jason Rudolph will be getting to start Steelers.
Speaker 5: College roommate will do that all the time. You set people up for some silliness like that.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Mason Rudolph, he'll go down in history if he leads the Steelers.
Speaker 5: Don't think somebody won't write that.
Speaker 4: Okay, guarantee you don't think.
Speaker 5: I learned my lesson when I was in college and I covered a game on Valentine's Day and the star basketball player for the team was named Love. Oh my, and I wrote it straight. And the guy that was the instructor, Bob Love, Yeah what his first name was, And he goes, you had a once in a lifetime shot there and you'll never get it at and I learned my lesson about writing straight leads.
Speaker 4: You know what. I won an award in high school and when h write the first article I ever wrote for a high school newspaper. It was at the time that Hurricane Carmen hit the Texas coast and our football team's head coach was Carmen Bonner and they won their first game down in Austin, and I wrote something about Hurricane Carmen. So it started at a young age for very good. Okay, this is a great setup for my picks to click this week, and you're gonna love my picks to click on this Christmas weekend.
Speaker 6: I can't wait for.
Speaker 5: That what twist we have here?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 6: Do we want to do? Ever since first his what'd you say? One thirty in the morning?
Speaker 4: Was it? What I didn't even see the time stamp morning? Okay? We need to yeah, we need to read.
Speaker 9: It even worse.
Speaker 6: You know, he has been thinking about this for the last two days, so two in the morning he made his decision.
Speaker 4: Okay, do we want it to uh just read the uh read the text here?
Speaker 6: You want me to read it?
Speaker 10: If you go?
Speaker 6: All right? Click to pick Cowboys thirty one Miami twenty eight, Bland and Galimore with one interception each. That is right.
Speaker 4: So I woke up this morning and I texted back at him on the group text Gallimore question marks, laughing hysterically, you must mean Gilmore. Mickey chimed in and said, I read that and read Gilmore in my mind anyway. So it's so if we're going to give him credit for both, if Gallimore or Gilmore get a pick, that he wins.
Speaker 6: Right like that, that's fair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a giving season here. So but thirty one, twenty eight, he's got the Cowboys winning by a field goal, and it's time for Bland and to get another pick.
Speaker 6: I agree.
Speaker 4: Yeah. By the way, in this quarterback, if you go watch him, I went back and looked this morning. I watched a lot of the Tennessee game Tua. He will take chances. I mean some of the passes are really neat. It's threadned the needle between three defenders middle of the field. But he will throw it in the middle of the field, and there's some opportunities to get a pick against him.
Speaker 6: I think he has ten interceptions so far.
Speaker 5: So just remember he's not real tall. What do you think they listened him at.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: I think they probably listened him at six to one, maybe six one two seventeen. Let's see, while Mickey.
Speaker 5: He started, I think they probably listened to what they list him at.
Speaker 4: I think so. Okay, I think so. I think he's bigger and he's stockier than what I think I thought that he was before. Okay, Okay, going next, Savannah.
Speaker 6: Yes, I just changed my mind last minute.
Speaker 4: Oh you did well. You wrote it down on your legal pad.
Speaker 6: I wrote it down real quick. Oh, yes, that's what so you can remember it precisely. Bill. Okay, I'm going with the Cowboys winning twenty four to fourteen.
Speaker 5: Okay, wow, big defensive effort.
Speaker 6: I think we're gonna have a very big defensive effort. However, as much as I am looking forward to seeing our defense play this weekend, we need to score points and so my click to pick this week will be Tony Pollard. Okay, I'm going with at least one touchdown for him. I really liked his attitude this week when we had chatted with him in the press conference. I just think he you know, you're coming off a loss from the Bills. It was a tough time for this whole team, but he had a really good mindset going into this week and moving on was his biggest concept. Move on, get onto the next game, and there was a lot of positivity there. So I'm going with Tony Pollard.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, I'm up, eure up.
Speaker 5: These teams are quite similar in so many different areas. So I've got the Cowboys winning thirty two to thirty.
Speaker 4: And wait, wait thirty two.
Speaker 5: Thirty yes too, just don't worry about how you get there thirty two.
Speaker 4: Do you think the Cowboys have ever scored finished a game with thirty two points?
Speaker 5: It could be a first.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, go ahead.
Speaker 5: They scored thirty three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thirty three is not that is not weare in common. Thirty two is weird?
Speaker 5: Well, it's the holiday season. You never know.
Speaker 4: Thirty two to thirty and I think that might be the first time in the history of the league there's been a final score of thirty two to third. That's I'm all about right, very good, okay.
Speaker 5: And pick to click, and I'm going to stick with us until it works. It's going to be DeMarcus Lawrence because there's a good chance he's going up against a backup offensive lineman on the Cowboys left side of the defensive front, Kendall Lamb, and he will make one significant play that turns this game around.
Speaker 6: That I like it.
Speaker 4: Okay, So d Law is your guy.
Speaker 5: And I need to go talk to him and just to let him know that you better do something. Darn it.
Speaker 4: Now. He did some stuff last week, Yes he did.
Speaker 5: He was the best defensive lineman out there making run stops. And you know they're going to run on the edge. So d Laws set the edge, buddy.
Speaker 4: You know what the Cowboys need to do defensively more than anything is play under control.
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean, like smart, A.
Speaker 4: Lot of it, yeah, a lot of it. Last week against Buffalo was just being out of control. I mean, and and a lot of reason for mistackles and stuff when you're playing out of control. Anyway, all right, I was just looking through the history of the Cowboys Dolphins.
Speaker 5: There we go, rivalry.
Speaker 6: Get ready for the story?
Speaker 4: How many times? Okay? This will be the sixteenth meeting between the Cowboys and the Dolphins. The Cowboys lead the all time series eight to seven. Okay, regular season all tied up at seven to seven as we started the show, Cowboys won the Super Bowl over the Dolphins in January sixteenth, nineteen seventy two. But since then, it's seven wins for Dallas, seven wins for Miami. How many times in those in the fifteen meetings between these two teams, has Dallas surpassed thirty points against the.
Speaker 6: Dolphins sixteen times?
Speaker 4: Two times two times thirty seven to twenty win in two thousand and seven, and the last meeting in twenty nineteen, Dallas won thirty one to six, the only times that they've gone over twenty nine points in this series. On the other hand, Miami, How many times has Miami scored over twenty eight points against the Cowboys once? Once?
Speaker 5: How about that?
Speaker 4: It was where did it go?
Speaker 10: Go?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: Year?
Speaker 4: One time? In two thousand and three, forty to twenty one, the Dolphins beat the Cowboys. The only time they've gone over thirty points against Dallas in the fifteen games that they play.
Speaker 5: Two thousand and three, So that's when Bill Parcells squared off against Dave Wantstett, which, by the way, the last time the Dolphins won a division title was two thousand.
Speaker 4: And eight, fifteen years ago.
Speaker 5: And I mentioned yesterday, didn't I the last time they've gone this many winning seasons in a row. This is four. It was ninety seven through two thousand and three. Jimmy Johnson Dave once.
Speaker 4: Then there you go that all right, So having said that about these thirty point games, I'm going to go with will continue the trend. Both teams under thirty points in this game and the Cowboys win twenty seven twenty three over the Dolphins. And on this Christmas weekend? Can I have two picks to click?
Speaker 5: Now? Why not give me the corny one?
Speaker 4: And by the way, I'm gonna go shot by the way.
Speaker 5: We heard from Nate and Frisco. Yeah, wow, Bill Rudolph.
Speaker 4: Really, I'm going with the Lion and the Lamb this weekend. Micah on defense. We can't pick Micah, so it's going to be the Lamb on offense and not Miami's lamb. Who spells it La Lamb? In a major it is c D Lamb on Christmas Eve, my pick to click missed the major thing?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: All right? Wait?
Speaker 7: Wait?
Speaker 4: What was the pod of the pod PODK was? I can't remember? With the most receptions in the game, player with the most receptions in the.
Speaker 5: Games got lamb?
Speaker 4: C D.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna take waddle.
Speaker 6: I'm going.
Speaker 4: I knew you were going to. In fact, I was going to shout out Jake Ferguson.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, and Merry Christmas.
Speaker 6: Yes, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 5: I guess we should have played jingle Bells instead of Stampede.
Speaker 4: I think we should play Rudolph myself.
Speaker 6: Right, Everson, we will see you on Monday, all right, and.
Speaker 4: Yes, that was a good endur right there, Savannah, And for the rest of you, we will see you on Tuesday. But dude, join the Everson for his Off the Walls Christmas edition of Mixed Shots on Monday.
Speaker 6: Stop Oh, Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.