Speaker 1: Motherfucking mini episode, mini episode, motherfucking mini episode.
Speaker 2: And he knows I'm unfaithful, and I don't remember the words of the lyrics, but you know what the fuck I'm trying to do. What up little Mama said, gentiles are like there?
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another phenomenal episode of My Mama Told.
Speaker 3: Me the podcast. It dives deep into the pockets of black conspiracy theories.
Speaker 2: And we finally worked to approve the motherfucking theories that you motherfuckers have at home. It's a motherfucking mini episode.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, and let's get right back into it. We're back Baby Blue round two. If you listened to the mini last year, you heard last year, Let excuse me, excuse me. I'm fired up. I'm fucking fired up right now. I'm fired up right now. You heard about my girlfriend's controversial take on Blue. I expanded on it a little bit. Basically, the take was my girl. We were talking about Disney movies and I said that the character Blue of Jungle Book Fame really struck a chord with me as a child, really a big part in my development as a man. And she said that's troubling because Blue kind of was like a lot of black man stereotypes. And I said, bitch, you get out of my mind. Oh Mitchell, girl, crazy tumtoring about.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: We had an argument. I talked about it briefly last week on the episode I did myself that was, you know, just kind of if you listen to it's just sort of me spiraling out emotionally for ten to fifteen minutes. But now we have like Ston back to hear what he thinks about Blue, arguably what I would say, one of the greatest characters in animated history.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree that he isn't a great character. I think he's I hate that. No, I'm saying, I think you're so hurt you can't even hear. You're like you're like blinded, ear blinded by like the rage filling up inside of you.
Speaker 3: Oh, don't get it twisted. It's also visually blinded I see anything.
Speaker 2: This is the first I'm hearing about this Blue controversy. I I was not aware that this was the thing you and your girl were having such intense fights about. And I will say that I'm a big fan of Blue, but I don't fully disagree with her about this assessment of where Blue comes from fun guy, really big fan Bare Necessities goes hard. My daughter loves that song. That said, I definitely think that the White writers, which I'm absolutely certain they were of nineteen sixty seven, when concocting Blue, sat back and said, how can we write a jigaboo without calling him a jigaboo? I know, we'll make it rhyme, but lou that.
Speaker 3: Is pure conjecture, for you're putting things on. He wasn't even if it was the coon was King Louie.
Speaker 2: Oh I And okay, first of all, I'm a big fan of King Louis too, about the deep Deep I swing as boo the one, Yeah, No, I love that. I love King Louis. And I would say that that certainly King Louie's intentions were rooted in a type of cooning. He wanted to be like the man, he wanted to walk just like the other man. He was tired of monkey and around. All that that said, I don't think that when I say that it's based off of stereotypes, that I presume that cooning is a part of the stereotypes that are connected to Blue.
Speaker 3: I think that. I mean, first of all, I would be remiss if I did not mention really great King Lily impression. Oh thank you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, really, I know the words to that song too.
Speaker 3: I'll say this.
Speaker 2: I think that blue stereotypes feel less about a want for whiteness as much as sort of what the original expectations of the black Man were, which is lazy, sort of good for nothing, like a lot of life.
Speaker 3: I don't think that he was lazy, a good for nothing. He was just a minimalist. He took Mowgli under his wing. He had to do that. He was the king of the jungle up there. He didn't have to take in this fucking gangly as kid. He could have kept you and eating those prickly pairs and shit like that. He was a good man who had a kind heart, who opened his world to this child and tried to show him the ways of the jungle. And then now we're now he's lazy. Why because he likes to scratch up against the tree. You ever rupt your back on a brick wall, it feels good. Guess what? Guess what? The call me jiggaboo boy. Then because that man, that ship, that ship was fundamental to me. It was fundamental to me between that entailspind pillars of like who I decided to be as a man.
Speaker 2: I think Jiggaboo Bory that we're right. I think we're We're not not saying the same thing. I do think that like he can be this formative person for you. But I'm saying that the intention that these writers went in with was very much degradation to or at least mockery of the black Man. I think that he's objectively a lazy character. That's what he That's that's sort of his point.
Speaker 3: Lazy to take in someone who's not your candon cared for them because I'm sorry, is that lazy to care for him?
Speaker 2: He lost him immediately.
Speaker 3: Oh, because he doesn't know how to care for a child. He's it's a different skill set. He's already backwards to get this little fucking.
Speaker 2: Man, have to take him fucking but guard.
Speaker 3: Here's what I do know. You have watched The Jungle Book more recently than I. I will own up to that because I didn't remember that, dude. But let's let me walk you through the story of the Jungle re walk me through that's that's probably important. Wolves. He's raised by wolves.
Speaker 2: He lives as a yeah, and there's a bunch of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and and they out of fear.
Speaker 2: Do you think the wolves were white people? I don't know. Uh that that's the sense I get is that they are sort of like, uh, they're white people, but with limited resources, and that's yeah, they're like poor. Yeah, he's being raised by these rednecks who basically are like, look, we did the best we could with you, but at the threat of this tiger coming, we we gotta we can't keep doing this. And then Bagheera, who for some reason is just by the way that they would raise them and then abandon them, like.
Speaker 3: You are our son until you couldn't be our son anymore. Yeah, you're one thing missing, and all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: You're making it real hot for the wolves we actually care about. So, uh, you gotta go, big boy.
Speaker 3: You were you were always different than us. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you noticed, but you walk on two feet and we walk on floors. So he's out. But they they basically hand Mowgli off to Bagheera, who volunteers to sort of guide him to where he knows the people live. He he's gonna take him back to man's society.
Speaker 3: So Bagheera was gonna take him home.
Speaker 2: Bagheera's job in the Jungle Book is to guide him back to the home he didn't know he belonged to, and in that process, him and Mowgli have a lot of infighting because Bagheera is uptight and expects Mowgli to just follow the rules, and Mowgli's a little kid who's running around half naked doing wild shit, and in doing that he bumps into Blue, and Blue's instinctive is to be like, fuck, Bagheera, I'm about to show you how real niggas live, and it's by floating in the water and eating prickly pairs and shit. That's this whole thing is like, we ain't got to listen to boring ass Bagheera. Look at me.
Speaker 3: I don't shower, I don't shave.
Speaker 2: Don't I just kick it.
Speaker 3: Don't come from being dirty, Bro, You're using the tools of the oppressor. And I don't like this, bro, Bro, for real, for real, you didn't say anything about how the wolves clean themselves. They lick each other to clean. Look now you're coming from my man, I don't shower, that's you. You're coming in with some bias.
Speaker 2: You're right that that part maybe was a little biased, and I'll take I'll walk that back. You objected, sustained, You're correct. He there's no evidence of how he cleans himself in it. And in fact, of all the animals, he's probably in the water the most of the animals throughout this story.
Speaker 3: Okay, And what what is the big issue with blues lifestyle. It's not so much to the lifestyle. Although he is lazy, he mostly just spends the and he brags about it. He spends the whole day singing and eating and not really dealing with any of life, the cares of the world. That's essentially what the Bare Necessities is about. You need just the things that make you happy and ignore the thing that make you stressed. And he says that directly to Mogli, and Mogli's like, hell yeah. And then immediately, I.
Speaker 2: Want to be very clear, immediately upon singing this song with Blue, he is kidnapped by a group of wild apes monkeys, although led by a single ape king Louis, who then kidnap him and take him back to this castle, this throne, where they demand that he teach them to make fire. He's also kidnapped by a snake who wants to eat him. Periodically throughout the story, constantly he is sort of finding himself in danger and Blue from other minorities, and Blue, who adopted him, who demanded that he take on this responsibility, does very little to actually prevent any of the danger that comes to him and moreover, to help him out of the danger that he's in. Players fuck up, even with King Louis, he was kidnapped. Let's review this because when he's kidnapped by King Louis, King Louis demands that he teaches that Mowgli teach him how to make man's fire. That's what he wants is to be able to like basically become like a to make his way into man's society by learning to make fire. But even in that process, they recognize that he's been kidnapped. They sneak into this castle to save Mowgli, and the reason they struggle to say Mowgli is because Blue hears a jazz song so hot that he turns himself into a monkey. He puts on monkey like a coconut. He puts two coconuts over his lip and a skirt he wears a dress. My man, he wears a fi dress so that he could look like an ape and dance to this song alongside King Louie. This is not an upstanding gentleman. This is a knigga.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be honest. I gotta text my girlfriend, you are an apology man. Honestly, at the end of the day, when I hear all that, it just makes me hurt that that's who I was really drawn to in that whole movie. This is this what you wanted to be? It was if I had to pick Wan. Yeah, I will say, and this was a lot of my argument towards her. I'm sorry. Is that A lot of the blue that I am referencing is the ballue from the hit series Talesman.
Speaker 2: Which I think is a very different ballue. I think that's very different.
Speaker 3: He's a business owner. He takes care of his nephew and sister even though he doesn't have to. He puts his family on Louis works for him fighting pirates. Yeah, he's a very valiant man. I do think that that is the blue that kind of I identify with the most, and that I was lashing out in retaliation to thinking that she was coming for that Blue, the Blue in the Jungle Book. Yeah, man, it's that's that's that's that's a tough pill to swallow. I forgot about don't do that because because the tals been Blue still exists. Yeah, but I think that we with more screen time than the I'm gonna watch tales I have Disney. I'm watching it right after this.
Speaker 2: I'll say this, I think that's more like a multiverse theory than it is the same character. I think that that's. Yeah, this is a world where like.
Speaker 3: A nephew like the Blue family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe it's generations down the line where it's like, oh, you mean the dude I was named after. Yeah, well I'm a little different than him, you know what I mean, Like I'm a I'm a different guide than whoever that was.
Speaker 3: Man, this is difficult, but you know, life's about growth, you know, sometimes your own I think, you know, you know, in retro it doesn't take from the fact that I did. Even from Jungle Book, that has always been my favorite character. He's a fun character. He's a really cool guy. Fun guy.
Speaker 2: We're calling upon you because we have we have new merch. We have very exciting merch that we are now selling and it's it's fucking great. We love it so much.
Speaker 3: Just sleek, it's sexy. Come on, you want to tell them what we have? Yeah, we have three different types of hats, which is really fun. We have a two tone hat, an alien dad hat, the traditional logo in black and khaki. Then we have the enamel pin with an alien who has a koofie on it. Since my mama told me. And then we have t shirts that say proud little Mama, which is who you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can buy the merch now go to ma Mama told me dot Merchcentral dot com and we want you to have all the sweet stuff, So get it. You know, I've grown to connect to the most out of that story is sheer.
Speaker 3: Con figure you are, bro? What's wrong with you? I'm gonna be honest. Kan had a point.
Speaker 2: You, Khan had a couple of points.
Speaker 3: I think I said that on the other episode that that was what you were gonna like. Bro, listen, I go talk to somebody.
Speaker 2: I'm right about this. Let me remind you what seered con story is sheer con you do? Sheer Kan was a tiger who had been severely hurt injured by the attack of a man, a hunter had had hurt him, and then he recognized the scar on his face and the fire and he had been burned in the In the original, I think he had been burned by fire, and in the in the new one he had that scar from having been attacked by us and shit. But the point is is that shar Khan's main motivation was being like, our jungle has balance. It has balance that we all need to recognize and respect. And this little motherfucker, this little weird human being who don't belong here, is fucking up the balance. He's making it so that our shit ain't working the way it's supposed to. He's gonna make it so that more human beings come back and threaten all of our lives. We all owe it to each other to kill this little motherfucker so that we can get back to being jungle animals the way we're supposed to be. And while I recognize that that violence is not ideal, I do also recognize that that's just a militant man doing what needed to be done, rather than sitting back and hoping that the man above us does the right thing simply because it's supposed to be done.
Speaker 3: Damn, this is I gotta go back and watch this movie, bro. And also what's going on? What is this movie really about?
Speaker 2: That's a hard question. I don't think that an.
Speaker 3: Animal farm animal farm type of movie, you know what I mean? I never thought about it on these levels, But now that we're speaking about it, it's not. It wasn't written like allegory, right, It's just written as a book about the jungle.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because I do think there was an original jungle book, right, Like the film is based off of an actual like story, and I don't know if that story was meant to be allegorical or if it was just like, no, what if a little brown boy lived in a jungle and were raised by wolves? And because some of it is stupid, right, there are no bears and wolves in a jungle with tigers and snakes and shit.
Speaker 3: That's not how that was. Okay. So it was written by Richard Kipling.
Speaker 2: Who I'm sure if we looked up any information about him, he'd be a good guy.
Speaker 3: Well, he wrote White Man's Burden. Okay, that's what is that about? Niggas? What is the wing about? I don't know. I mean, I'm mean about The Jungle Book. I read about The White Man's Right. So it's in India, so it's already about colonialism somewhat, right, mm hmm. So a major theme of the book is abandonment followed by fostering, as in the Life of Moguli, echoing Kipling's own childhood. Okay, okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: The The White Man's Burden is a poem about the Philippine American War eighteen ninety nine and nineteen oh two that exhorts the United States to assume colonial control of the Filipino people and their country. And The White Man's Burden Kipling encouraged the American annexation and colonization of the Philippine Islands, a Pacific Ocean archipelago conquered in the Three Month Spanish American War. And basically he's They describe him as an imperialist poet. Yeah, this is a man.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that was the type of poet. Imperialists like poetry. I mean it guess back then everybody liked it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is about There's literally a picture on the Wikipedia of a white man holding up some sort of jungle black and I have no other way of describing that. Character, I'm gonna if I can, I'm gonna send it to you guys. But it's literally him holding up this this jungle black and it's saying that it's I want to make sure I get this quote right. It's saying civilizing the unwilling savage is the description of the the what's happening in this picture. So no, I don't think that this was a story written by a good man who had good intentions for black people, who are brown people in general at all.
Speaker 3: I mean, here's this. A major theme in the book is abandonment followed by fostering, as in the Life of Moguli, echoing Kipling's old childhood. The theme has echoed in The triumphlah blah blah blah blah. Another important theme is of law and freedom. The stories are not about animal behavior, still less about the Darwinian struggle for survival, but about human archetypes and animal forms. They teach respect for authority, obedience, and knowing one's place in society with the law of the jungle, but the stories also illustrate the freedom to move between different worlds, such as when Mogli moves between the jungle of the village Critics have also noted the essential wildness and lawless energies, and the stories reflecting the irresponsible side of human nature. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think that he wrote Blue with good intentions, my man.
Speaker 3: God damn it can't a little boy just like a bear. He was mostly.
Speaker 2: I don't think they. Yeah, he's not a good guy. I don't think that he was writing for that way to lift him up. I think he was like, yeah, you know, some niggas are fun, but you can't trust him, and you certainly don't want your kids raised by them.
Speaker 3: Well, in the same way that we took the scraps and made soul food, I took Blue and built a fairly responsible life around him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you built a father figure out of h out of the chitlings of cartoon world.
Speaker 3: You gotta relax. That's maybe that Okay, that is the neatest thing anyone's ever said to me. That's probably that's that's that's way worse than saying you were born at home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this bear could be my dad.
Speaker 3: Look at this baby.
Speaker 4: I got pretty damp. Clay Richard Kipley don't want me, man, but was like, I gotta go.
Speaker 3: I'm drum man. I knew where it was. I'm drunk, I been eating.
Speaker 2: I didn't want this, it just happened. I think, man, you felt I love the pair of a bear and that's a lot to wrestle with. Man, But I I encourage everyone out there to really review whether or not sheer Khan is the bad guy and said, movie, I get it, we're rooting for a tiger to not kill a human being. But if you can get past that part of it, that he's a murderer and a child murderer at that, you'll find a pretty good guy on the other side of it.
Speaker 3: That's so funny. Wow, this was This was dark and complicated. Also, he grew up in India. Yeah, but not the India that it was supposed to be. No, no, no, I mean he's like he was like on the on the forefront of colonialism. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think this was very much a story of the colonized and being like, look at them living amongst the animals. I bet these animals could teach them a thing or two about what it means to be a person. Man, God damn well, I said that motherfucker write a song.
Speaker 3: Huh? Come on? So catchy.
Speaker 2: Reached the top end and had to stop. And that's what's bothering me. I want to be a man, man cub and stroll right into town and think just like the other men. I'm tied of monking around. Oh oh oh man. Yeah no, thank got Goofy's still there for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, Goofy.
Speaker 2: There's no bad history with Goofy. Don't look it up, but there's no bad history with Goofy.
Speaker 3: A lot of my problem is we were talking about this because obviously this conversation went on for days. I couldn't keep it. I was kind of more of a Pete guy anyways.
Speaker 2: Fuck that's he's way meaner than talking fucking sheer Kan. What Pete is way meaner than shear Kan. Pete is balling, Pete is he hater?
Speaker 3: Pete was a business owner, bitch paid off his house. Bad little Puerto Rican bache nigga was I had the big as r V with a basketball court. Pete was doing it up.
Speaker 2: When's the last time you watched a GOV movie?
Speaker 3: Three days ago? You you were ready for I wasn't.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised, I'll be honest, I'm surprised you're advocating as it was a different past but but I'll keep going. You're advocating for him, as if the entire movie isn't hinged on him, just being a hater against him.
Speaker 3: Here's what I'm saying. He is a man who pulled himself up by his bootstraps. Did he vote for Trump? Yeah, okay, there's some mystery in his history.
Speaker 2: Does he think Cosby did it? No? No, he doesn't think Cosby.
Speaker 3: But you see a black man who got a business, built a life for himself, and appreciates the finer things in life. The nigga had a pulling alli in his RV.
Speaker 2: He did have a bowling RV. Come on and a swimming at the top.
Speaker 3: Gave us man, Goofy a little job. Goofy is is incompetent that that's not what you grew up next door to me. Come on over here, We're gonna I got your little job. But see that's where you fucked up. Because he can he can talk to children.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he was really good at that job that he gave them, and Pete was really bad at the job that Pete gave him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he's not a worker, he's a bos Delegating is its own skill.
Speaker 5: All right, And you say, so, I don't think the lesson a. We all have problems, like we're all we're all dealing with it. Okay, you're a bad guy, I'm lazy. We have issues.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, we got problems for sure. You're you're blue. I'm sure Khan and and what and what none of us. I don't know what Olivia is, but but it's probably Bagheera.
Speaker 3: I think you gotta be Bagheera here. Olivia tell you that because you're trying to keep us on track.
Speaker 2: You're just always trying to keep the business going. And unfortunately that's a real Bagheera ass strait.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Will Ferrell is mowtly, our.
Speaker 2: Sweet little Indian boy, Will Ferrell.
Speaker 3: Oh man, this one was a real wild ride. Man.
Speaker 2: Now, we talked. We talked it through and I hope that you feel we Although I don't think you feel better, you at least feel like maybe peace has been found inside of this.
Speaker 3: I feel, yeah, you know, I have to tick a walk or whatever, really sit with some things. But ultimately, you know, I'm glad we had this talk.
Speaker 2: Sometimes needing to apologize to my wife makes us closer, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I get that for sure.
Speaker 2: Sometimes Yeah, you just gotta be like, Yeah, I recognized where I failed and I want to be better, and.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry for yelling in bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah I want to listen more and talk less.
Speaker 3: And yeah, yeah, I'm sorry for feeling attacked and screaming at you in the morning.
Speaker 2: Hey, when I pushed the trashcan over, I see now that that was too much.
Speaker 3: On my hot head.
Speaker 2: You know that. But I would never hit you. I would never hit you.
Speaker 3: WHOA, that wasn't even up for grabs.
Speaker 6: Don't do that, yo, that's not you What that means?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Well, can you tell the people where they can find you on what cool.
Speaker 3: Shit you got going on?
Speaker 2: See, I still got what I got in me.
Speaker 3: I can't fix that, no, sane, that's I think. That's ultimately the thing about the show is that we are just who we are, man. But we're all trying, and that's really all you can do out there. Just try every day, try to get a little bit better every day. Yeah, don't your girl, and don't hit or your boy or your boy.
Speaker 2: Don't hit each other, I think is key each other.
Speaker 3: Don't hit Yeah, you have a daughter, I'm sure you have to say it sometimes, don't bite, don't hit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she doesn't bite. She she has hit in the past, but I think she's past that for the most part. She doesn't really hit anymore.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's not like she's not like a hitter.
Speaker 2: No, my daughter, I think, is going to be an emotional abuser if I were to guess like her daddy.
Speaker 3: Just like her daddy.
Speaker 2: She she torments me in ways that I never anticipated a small child could torment me.
Speaker 3: But yet here we are, and I don't know how you fix that.
Speaker 2: There's no like quick catchphrase or being like, hey, don't don't gaslight, don't don't love momby your father.
Speaker 3: Man, Bro, you're going through it and just beating my ass in a different kind of way. Uh, it's complicated out here, you know it is. You want to tell other people.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 2: Didn't finish telling them where they can find you?
Speaker 3: Oh cool, got joke City seven on Instagram? Watch Royal Crackers on Max. You know that all my stuff is on Instagram, so you find it over there.
Speaker 2: At Langston Herman on on all the different social media apps. And if you want to send us your own drops, your own conspiracies, if you want to advocate for maybe some of the characters of the Jungle Book that we we put smirched. If you want to prove to me why Shirkan was incorrect in the story, send it all to my Mama pod at gmail dot com. If you want to buy merch, by it at my Mama told me dot merch Central dot com. And if you want to see us live May fifth, the Comedy Store, seven pm. We will be a part of the Netflix is a Joke Festival, the only still live festival for a comedy available just for laughs is dead, but Netflix is a Joke is still alive, and guess what, we are a part of it. We would love for you to be there. It's gonna be a great show. That's everything that I think you need to do as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 3: Bye, bitch.
Speaker 1: Well, the fucking mini are Sol Mini episode, Well, the fucking Miniere Sol. Well, the fucking mini are Solf Mini episode. Well, the fucking mini are a Sol