Speaker 1: Good morning football.
Speaker 2: What's up everybody? Oh no, it's a Monday. It's good morning football. We're live in LA. We're just live in LA. It's happening. It's Monday, March third. I'm Jamie or at all. Kyle brand to my right.
Speaker 1: Right, I'll get right right.
Speaker 2: And not to be forgotten that our prompt action was Cody or Kyle Brandy's Yeah, the showy Kestler was here all last week. He's no longer the rookie veteran has now moved over. He is to my left and Super Bowl champion Rams sideline reporter for the radio side, DeMarco funk.
Speaker 1: I'm the rookie. Am I the rookie, and I'm a little ber than him.
Speaker 2: Last time you were a rookie?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 3: Ninety four birth right in the delivery room. Yeah, I was a rookie there. Yeah, a lot of we like him. He's what you call anecdotal. He comes with stories. Yes, here, it's three fifteen in the morning, you're telling stories about Tony Banks and I'm eating it up.
Speaker 1: Those are nightmares. Those are night nights trying to get that. Oh is that me right? Oh my god? Proof tell my daughters see I.
Speaker 3: Actually touched Jerry Rice once there an right there there we go.
Speaker 2: All right, So Tomorco, as we can see here, you played for the Rams, are buddy, Kurt Warners welok us through your time playing for the Rams?
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: See ninety four, I was an undrafted rookie free agent, so I just left U dub and they gave me a split locker. So I had to share a locker as an undrafted guy. I didn't like that too much, so fought my way onto the football team, became a starter, and five years, six years after that, we won the Super Bowl. This guy named Kurt Warner showed up out of nowhere. That's our guy, Guy, that's our guy. I love it you watching right now. You know he was one of the best quarterbacks we had the year before, just no one knew it.
Speaker 1: He was our third string quarterback.
Speaker 3: Really, so watching him like be our scout team quarterback taking on the Niners at the end of the year, we knew he had something we didn't know to be that. So Trank Green gets right, you're not actually maybe that worried, because you know, you know, we were worried. No, we were scared to know but then a guy that hadn't played. But yeah, I mean we knew we had Marshall, we had Isaac, we had Tori, we had a lot of guys.
Speaker 1: We had us on defense. We knew we'd be okay, awesome.
Speaker 2: De Margot, What was the combine when you were coming out? Was it a thing? Was it an event?
Speaker 1: It? Guys, go, It.
Speaker 3: Wasn't like this, No, it was. It was very private, closed. It was weird when you were a kid and you grew up in Oakland and you you know, you know Al Davis and then there he is standing there with a stopwatch looking at you, or you grew up idolizing me and Joe Green, and he's by the vertical pit saying how high can you jump?
Speaker 1: Today?
Speaker 3: All that stuff was weird, But they never tell you how you did back then.
Speaker 1: So you run a cone.
Speaker 3: Grills, you have no idea, So you just run and go back to the end of the line, have no idea.
Speaker 1: But it was weird. It was fun.
Speaker 3: It was all the best athletes in college football, so it was special.
Speaker 4: To be there.
Speaker 2: We're so happy to have you here, this guy. And Kyle, did you did you watch Cody last week?
Speaker 3: And I learned from I took notes, right, Casline not supposed to be that good that early. I'm watching last week like Hip Deep in Chip Basket and Tequila, and I'm like, I'm texting Jamie and Stragger. I'm like, Wow, Cody's all going to make us look bad. Like you're really really good at this. I'm glad to have you here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, appreciate all.
Speaker 5: I met Kyle this morning in the green room and the first thing he said, it just gives you a lot of confidence now when you're when you're newer, no to this and someone that I realized and watching this business and all that somethings.
Speaker 1: Kyle, appreciate it. I'm building you up just to kneecap you.
Speaker 5: Though I said, Peter twenty bucks for a really you know you're going to be a lot more.
Speaker 1: Than that, buddy.
Speaker 2: All Right. With that said, now that Kyle's prepared to kneecap Cody, we are breaking down the combine all morning long. First, we though want to get to a couple of news items that hit the NFL over the weekend. It was a busy weekend for our guy, Ian Rappaport. It's time for the lead blocking.
Speaker 1: We walk it away.
Speaker 6: Matthew Stafford is staying with the Los Angeles Rams, which means as you look toward the free agent market, look toward the quarterbacks available. Sam Darnold is now the number one quarterback available. Let's break down this major trade that we had a couple minutes ago. Deevo Samuel, star receiver for the San Francisco forty nine Ers, we.
Speaker 4: Know over the last several weeks, has had.
Speaker 6: Permission to seek a trade to find what general manager John Lynch called a new home he has founded. The Washington Commanders have now agreed to terms on a trade for Deebo Samuel.
Speaker 1: They sent a fifth round pick.
Speaker 6: Sources say the Jets are now taking calls on a big name receiver, DeVante Adams. By understanding, is this a process is going to go on the next couple of days. If they cannot find a trade partner for DeVante Adams, I am told they are expected to release him.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: In the sexy name category, those are a couple of good ones. Stafford, Samuel, DeVante Adams. It really lends itself to a conversation in the off season, DeMarco, You were there on the sideline for the Rams in Philadelphia when they were one play away from an NFC title game. Now we know that Stafford is going to run it back as quarterback here in LA. How does that make the La Rams best prepared to take down whoever is the best in the NFC? The Eagles squall.
Speaker 3: I'm finally thought out from that game. It was cold, it was loud, it was raucous, it was crazy. They really brought it. Jared Vers brought the heat, and they brought it on him. But Matthew Stafford going out there playing his butt off, one play away, one miss block away from actually beating Philadelphia. So I was so happy. I never thought that he would actually leave out LA. Why would you leave here? This is where they love you. You've got so much equity here. You won the Super Bowl here in Los Angeles. So I think this was kind of one of those little standoffs. But I'm glad it got worked out. But yeah, now you can just get back to work. You can hit the ground running in training camp again. You can let this defense mature, you can get this offense retooled and ready to go. I think he's one of the best pure.
Speaker 1: Throwers of the football I have ever seen. Been close I've.
Speaker 3: Chased around Marina, I've chased around Lway, I've seen other guys still in the football. I think he is one of the best, and he is one of the best leaders I've ever seen and tough his nails. So getting this deal done, I think was paramount. I'm happy they got it done. They got the left tackle signed as well. So let's hit the ground running again. Let's take another shot at Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: Got low about Stafford.
Speaker 3: Guys who have been around him or the uarterback types like you guys all love Stafford just the way it throws physically everything. I love that this happened. I love that this did not result in some Hollywood breakup.
Speaker 1: It'd be a shame. What are we doing.
Speaker 3: He was gonna leave the Rams, He's gonna take his family and move to some other team and moved to Jersey or something because of money.
Speaker 1: At this point, like you.
Speaker 3: Are so deep in your career, your Super Bowl champion, You're respected, it's this great marriage with McVeigh. Don't leave because you couldn't come to money terms. There's reasons you want to leave, not because of money. And the fact is, like if you look into it, third stops very rarely work.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it would have worked.
Speaker 3: Out well where if he goes in the Giants or any but it very rarely works. There's rare cases Carson Palmer and Kurt Warner who landa on the third stop.
Speaker 1: We thought we had one last.
Speaker 3: Year with Russell Wilson, who completely fell apart. Odds are new team, new coach. It would not have worked out. This works. Why would you want to break this up? I understand money, I'm not talking about somebody else's money, but I'm just glad that wouldn't be the reason they leave a bad taste in every NFL fans mouth and.
Speaker 1: Guys, I mean, you were there. I thought he was gonna beat the Eagles.
Speaker 3: He's put that team on his shoulder the last few minutes.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Stafford's gonna win this game. This would be incredible.
Speaker 3: Jalen Carter decided, now I'm gonna call a game.
Speaker 1: But Stafford was great. I think we averted a football shame.
Speaker 3: I would not want to see Stafford leave this time, leave this team now. Ian mcmay can take another run, and Cody, I'm just gonna bet I bet you love the way Stafford throws the ball.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, I said last week.
Speaker 5: He has one of the best arms in the NFL still at thirty seven years old.
Speaker 1: And I would train with Tom House and those.
Speaker 5: Guys, and he would throw before me, and I would make sure I would get there early to watch Stafford throw.
Speaker 1: He's that much fun to watch as a passer.
Speaker 5: And I just truly believe right now, you have a young roster, but it's a win now roster.
Speaker 1: It really is.
Speaker 5: And there's guys that are on the up and up, and they're playing really good football right now. If you lose Matt Stafford and you go find another quarterback, even if you get a proven veteran, I think you take a step backward. You're doing a disservice to your football team. And I'll tell you about the guys that are most excited about this deal. It's not the Rams fans, it's not all of us here at the table.
Speaker 1: It's the guys in that locker.
Speaker 5: Room because they know, like you said, one play away from going to the NFC Championship game.
Speaker 1: They know they can win with Matt Stafford.
Speaker 5: You need stability with a young roster at main positions on your football team. The top one is quarterback and they have theirs for the future.
Speaker 2: I love how the official lower third on TV Talk for the offseason, the Rams were one play away from an NFC title games Marco, what was up with that one play?
Speaker 4: Which one.
Speaker 1: Pay?
Speaker 2: Jayla Carter.
Speaker 3: Look, the guy is absolutely unblockable. Even if you have somebody in front of him, one of your best guards, he's still going to win. But when you leave him unblocked and he gets right to the face of your quarterback, you've got almost no shot.
Speaker 1: I think this last.
Speaker 3: Play, if Pukinnakupa doesn't slip out of that break, maybe you have a shot and then you're in business. Everybody on that sideline expected to beat Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: They really did.
Speaker 3: They expected to move one, so they were just that close to getting it done. So that's the thing. I'm glad you said what you said, because there was momentum leaving Philadelphia for this football team. If you lose your quarterback, if you lose Matthew Stafford, all that goes to the back, to the background.
Speaker 1: And you have to start over again. That's not where you want to be.
Speaker 2: That momentum started in that playoff game in Arizona against the Vikings that was an unbelievable event to witness with the Rams pulled off recreating a home game atmosphere in Arizona, that it really it was ignited there and then it continued in Philadelphia and for it to bring it home in LA. And now the offseason feels pretty good.
Speaker 3: Wild playing a playoff game in Arizona When you really look back at it, it was a crazy diffrence and the fans showing up awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, all right. Question two, Yeah, let's go as far as Deebo Samuel goes Cody. Does this say this move West Coast East Coast more about the Commanders putting faith and investing in Jane Daniels or does it say more about the forty nine Ers moving on from a star wide receiver.
Speaker 5: I think it says more about the Commanders. Right, you have the defending Super Bowl champs in your division. You have to make big time moves like this. You cannot waste this offseason. Adam Peters, who's our general manager, was with the forty nine Ers for seven previous seasons before he came to Washington.
Speaker 1: He knows what Deebo Samuel was like.
Speaker 5: He was there when they made the decision to draft him, And when you have a roster like Washington does, you don't want to add guys to that roster that aren't going to make it better. Right, And there's been talked about Debo asking Portrays is he a good guy in the locker room. Obviously Peters believes that, or else you wouldn't have brought him there. Last year, Debo regressed a little bit and his production had fifty one reception, six hundred and seventy yards, only had three touchdowns. Now you pair him up with Cliff Kingsbury, who's one of the best in the NFL at any level football, even in college. He was at USC when I was there, at calling plays at getting guys involved.
Speaker 1: It's just so much fun to watch.
Speaker 5: And I truly believe he's going to take a step forward under Cliff Kingsbury. And you know who's most excited about this. It's not Jamee Daniels, it's not the Commander fans, it's not Dan Quinn, it's not Cliff Kingsbury.
Speaker 1: It's Terry McLaurin. Now you pair up Terry McLaurin, who he has zach Ertz.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have other guys on that roster, right, Rousin Eckler. That can be you know, weapons on game day. But I promise you opposing defenses are focusing on Terry mclauiny. He was the only player on their roster that went for over a thousand all purpose yards last year. But now you bring in a solid wide receiver too, that takes the double coverage off of him. I give them some more one on ones. There's a lot of great number one wide receivers in the NFL. I guarantee you most of them have a very good number two or A one, A one B because now you get one on one matchups. That's what Debo can do for Terry McLaurin.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, look at that guys on the Eagles. They got each other, They got all kinds of weapons right there. Yeah, it was the Terry Show. And now he's got a friend. I want to talk about Debo, and I need to talk to Deebo a little bit. So I just I look at Deebo Samuel right now, and it's just this big question of motivation chip on the shoulder all that as he goes to a new team with a year left on his deal and everything to prove. I remember when Deebo exploded, and he was really one of the biggest stories in the league, and he was an unbelievably cool players unique. It was like a running back, play wide receiver, and he's got this cool name that ties into pop culture, and we just we celebrated Deebo Samuel. And I think the Internet loved Deebo sam I think social.
Speaker 1: Media loved Deebo Samuel. I looked at Deebo Samuel on social media yesterday.
Speaker 3: Holy crap, it's a wasteland and Deebo, like, I want to make sure to talk to him, just so he knows.
Speaker 1: And this is going to seem a little gratuitous and.
Speaker 3: A little cold, but I just watched Jalen Hurtz go win a Super Bowl because he's got a picture on a screen saver of him losing a Super Bowl, Like, do you know what they're saying about Deebo out there? Just so as you go to your new experience, Deebo with a new quarterback and a new team in a new reality, I just want to make sure you know all of the stuff in the way that they like.
Speaker 1: There are really three groups of people in the internet.
Speaker 3: Jokesters and the way that they talk about Deebo Samuel. Here's the three groups. People who say you are washed, people who say you are fat, and then people who say.
Speaker 1: You are both. That's the groups out there. Now, there's those subgroups that say you are really.
Speaker 3: A product of Kyle Shanhan's ingenuity and you'ren't really as good as your production was.
Speaker 1: It was a Shanahan thing.
Speaker 3: Then there's ones who call you timu Percy Harvin with the body of James Harden.
Speaker 1: These are not my takes. I don't believe this. I like Deebo.
Speaker 3: He is an anger runs winner. He is a really cool thing. We've celebrated him a lot on the show. But if I am Debo and I'm sitting there saying, like, what is my motivation for this year, above and beyond it, just look at that stuff because that's how they look at you, right or wrong.
Speaker 1: I don't agree with it.
Speaker 3: It's not just idiots either, real legitimate Tim Kamakami, journalist says, like Deebos twenty pounds overweight. He's out there talking about this guy who covers.
Speaker 1: The team, who knows the team. So maybe there's reality in it, maybe there's not.
Speaker 3: The point is if you're Deebo Samuel and people are saying you have the body of Chris from Family Guy, and you're supposed to be a Greek god and.
Speaker 1: The best playmaker in the league. Take all that.
Speaker 3: Bookmark this or screencap it and keep it on your phone or keep it in your locker.
Speaker 1: Keep it because you are way better than that.
Speaker 3: And as a show and me as a person, I like you and I'm rooting for you. But when you go to Washington and you go to Jade and your new fan base, remember all those things that they're saying, and go make plays and shut them the hell up.
Speaker 2: And it's so wonderful when you just get handed materials.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to help him it and I really I want Deebo to be a great story. I want him to be comeback Player of the Year. If he's even algebra, I don't even know. But he's going to a great place where they're going to be excited to have him.
Speaker 1: And just shut all those idiots. I'p just do it, Deebo. Oh it's eighty yards at a time. Dam out the door.
Speaker 2: You're the rookie. You have to go after that.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, bro, wow, wow, wow, remind me not to make.
Speaker 1: You mad, but I don't say no, no, not me. I'm the body of a motivational conduit. I like it.
Speaker 3: But since twenty nineteen, all he's done is beat La, beat the Rams.
Speaker 1: He was the reason they did.
Speaker 3: He was the attitude the Rams, said Jalen Ramsey, he might have been the most intense player I've ever seen. That includes Aaron Donald. There's something burning inside of him that we don't know about. Yeah, the only guy that could match that intensity was Debo, and he would take it out on the football team. So that's the reason why the Rams couldn't get over the hump until it mattered most in the NFC Championship Chip Game and what happened there, Deebo took one over the middle, so that kind of got it started.
Speaker 1: But I think he's going to be great.
Speaker 3: For what you said, I think Terry McLaurin is one of the receivers that no one talks about.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: I think you'll have a chance to at least attack man covered single coverage and go down the field.
Speaker 1: I think Debo is one of one.
Speaker 3: I think you use him exactly like San Francisco used him out of the backfield. Whatever throw screens to him, let him run the football. He is that physical. I still think that guy is there now. I think what happened with Debo and how that kind of went over the hump and just kind of turned negative. I think that was an example of what's going on in San fran Maybe that window is closing, maybe they feel it. Remember when he punched the placekicker there. I think that kind of showed what was going on there. So the act kind of worth in the production dipped and you get traded.
Speaker 1: In the NFL, that's just the way it goes.
Speaker 3: But in Washington, for everything you said and you said, I think you'll see the best out of Debo, which will help that young offense, help that quarterback. I still think that guy exists now. About being two fifteen, I don't believe it. I need to see it on a scale. He is a big receiver, I mean a big, big dude. But I think he will help the Commanders get over the hump there.
Speaker 2: The initial question was what does this mean for either the commanders or the forty nine ers, And it seems like everybody at the table leaned a little bit more towards what it means for the future. Which is all well and good. But when I first saw the news go down, Kyle, I was a little bit like, what are we doing in San Francisco, because now you're about to lock money up with Brockporty over the next five years. There's Brandon I Yuk talk out there as well. What did you think of the forty nine ers deciding to move on from Deebo Samuel?
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's been tough last few years.
Speaker 3: There was the contract stuff, and they eventually pay him, and then you pay him and you want him to get better and not get worse, which he did down Equivocally, We've also seen guys who get paid and maybe they don't work out quite as hard. And I should be very clear, I'm not seeing what Deebo Salmon does to work out about super and internet stuff. But I'm also talking about journalists who covered the team to say, and maybe after he got paid, Deebo Samuel gears shifted.
Speaker 1: A little bit.
Speaker 3: The San Francisco thing's fascinating because here we are and like we just crowe about the RAMS, and we like some of the other teams in the division, and like San Francisco used to be sitting there just dominating and now they're losing debo. We don't know the future of ayuk Kittle. I feel like he's been in the league twenty years at this point. McCaffrey's coming off his injury. He's like, we're in a little bit of a crossroads because I guess they're going to pay party and that's the new reality.
Speaker 1: Very mysterious team right now for San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Speaking of mysterious, we're turning our attention to free agency this month. It's March, everybody. Are the Bengals going to figure out and play money checkers and chess with t Higgins? Are the Vikings going to bring Sam Darnold back even though they have JJ on the roster. These are free agent questions. Are these guys staying in? They're gods in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 1: Right, I love Godwin.
Speaker 2: We're going to be all over free agency Frenzy. Eight hours of live coverage starting on Monday, March tenth, at ten am Eastern right here on NFL Network. Still to come on our show though today we're not gonna look next to the nonag we're talking about this Monday, We're gonna take a look at the biggest winners from the combine. That first guy that throw in the football and that was mine. If I saw the hair, rad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, looks like a guy you want to have in the locker room. Plus, number one player on my board is running back from Arizona State.
Speaker 1: You can have your Travis Houner, you can have it.
Speaker 3: That's the number one player on my board and my mock I have him going to the Titans. Number one overall that's Cam Scataboo, and I have thoughts on how I do not want this guy talked about. I have some some cliches and some bugaboos about Scataboo.
Speaker 1: After this, we're gonna talk about it. We talk all about the combine.
Speaker 3: We got friends here at the table, and there's an amusement park.
Speaker 1: Good Morning Football on a Monday.
Speaker 2: Which one is a Kyle You're a.
Speaker 3: Kelt that Centamonica pier body start flew through.
Speaker 1: Good Morning Football.
Speaker 2: We are the happy, go lucky, positive show on records. So we're not going to talk about combine winners and losers. Just winners here at the table, right four winners here, we're going to talk about whose draft stock is rising after their showing in Indy. Why are you chuckling about it.
Speaker 1: I just think that you nailed it.
Speaker 3: Like, we don't sit here and say, wow, this kid blew his entire future this weekend and he'll never be drafted.
Speaker 1: Here's mine, losers, Where is that out there? If you want that, we just don't do that.
Speaker 3: This kid will not be drafted, will never be paid. He has to go home and tell his parents his dreams are shattered.
Speaker 1: No, we don't do that here.
Speaker 2: No we don't. Instead we talk about comedians that showed up in the booth in Indianapolis, and only guys that draft stock is going up, up up, Cody, you have to go first. Who's your winner from the weekend?
Speaker 5: I am going with running back baseal Touton from Virginia Tech.
Speaker 1: Talking about to nine two.
Speaker 5: Hundred and five pounds. He is the definition of taking advantage of your opportunity. He made the most of his opportunity out there. He jumped ten feet ten inches in the broad jump, which was second amongst running backs. He then went out and had a forty inch vertical which was first, and he ran a four point three two forty yard death. But most importantly, he ran a one point four to nine ten yards split and why the most important because not only does he have breakaway speed, he also has that burst of speed, and that's what coaches want to see, right, how well can you be patient? Can you read and react with the offensive lineman, and then can you put your foot in the ground and get in north and south. He also did a great job with on the field drills. But he's not just a combined hero, right. He's not a type of guy that's going to go out there perform well on the combine and the stats don't back it up. He spent two years at Virginia Tech. He had over two thousand yards, twenty five touchdowns on the ground.
Speaker 1: Had breakaway speed.
Speaker 5: But why is it so important for Touton and and we got some stats up there too. Just why is it so important for him? Is because when you're a running back like too, and you're not one of the higher ranked guys, right, you can go to a place and they can see this athleticism in this speed, and now you can make a living on specialties, and you can go return punts and return kickoffs, and you can go out there as a gunner on the punt team, and then you develop as a running back.
Speaker 1: Maybe if it's a crowded running back room.
Speaker 5: So I absolutely believe he just earned himself a spot on a roster. Toot and take a bout.
Speaker 1: Well done. That's a great name too, But he scores Tuton right, Yeah, what do you got?
Speaker 3: I knew a guy named Rick Twoton, the punter Ricktoton related, Yeah, Jonas, I hope not.
Speaker 1: Definitely not ran four three two. He's no punter, No, no.
Speaker 3: The guy I looked at was actually Pierce Junior from Tennessee. I mean, he's an absolute monster. The guy just tracks the ball. He's a great pass rusher, he's a great inside linebacker.
Speaker 1: He just can do it all.
Speaker 3: So I could not wait to see how he tested, how he ran the drills. He actually had to do his change of direction. You see it here. When you see guys on tape that pop, you hope they pop at the combine. This is one of those guys that rockets up the charts right now. So you start to pair him with other guys. If you put him in San fran with Bose, oh my god, that's off the edge, or anybody like Jared Verse, if you want to bring him here to the rams. But I don't think he'll be there. But the guy is absolutely fantastic and he tested well at the combine.
Speaker 1: You just love his hit movement.
Speaker 3: You love how he dips and rips, You love that straight line speed. You see all that on tape and then you get to see it live like this year. He's one of the guys that will slip into that first round right there. He's picking up those little too fast and there's the whole four or seven.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you gotta have it.
Speaker 2: It's not very aero dynamic.
Speaker 1: That's a verat looking list.
Speaker 3: I love James Pearson at the top of it. I love watching the forties so much just as a television products. It's to the point now where it's almost like The Masters. To me, it's almost soothing, Like I like the way that Rich and DJ talk about it.
Speaker 4: I do. I like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the forty is like the Masters to.
Speaker 3: You, well you know how, Like it's just it's Rich and DJ kind of talking.
Speaker 1: These whispers, Oh I see you. Yeah, it's like it's soothing as a television broadcast. I got you.
Speaker 3: But you could do a blind test where when you watch the guys run based just on Daniel Jeremiah Richison's reactions.
Speaker 1: You can tell what they ran like. There's the four to four reaction. It's kind of like, oh nice, and then when one.
Speaker 3: Of those guys hits four to three, they go all right. Then it's when that rare four to two club hits, it's just wow.
Speaker 1: Matthew Golden from Texas is in the four to two club. Four to nine. It's entry level four two club. But we don't frown on it. Four two nine.
Speaker 3: Listen, I know everybody's getting faster, and the evolution of the athlete is crazy.
Speaker 4: Four two.
Speaker 1: It's still four two. It's still absolutely outlandish.
Speaker 3: And I can't think of a better time for a Texas wide receiver to run four to two than about twenty minutes ago. There was a Texas wide receiver in the Super Bowl on the end of a beatdown from the Eagles who was still making plays at the end of the game and the post Xavier Worthy I run a four to two coming from Texas world, in which Mahomes and Reid at al made a thing out of him in a really good rookie year and one of the only guys in the chief who felt like making a play in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking there Matthew All.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I know that dude, I know that program, I know that speed. I think as a guy who was looked at as a really good wide receiver forty eight hours ago, I still think there's something wildly seductive about the numbers four and two for any sort of GM. They see that and it's like they can't resist it. It's that bug lamp, you know that sucks you in on the porch. They know it's going to kill them, but they have to get to it. They see four two and they're like, READO our whole board. I want to draft Matthew Golden from Texas. Anytime you cook that thing, that's going to get you drafted high. And I think he did huge favors himself this weekend.
Speaker 2: I also like there is a growing list of players who only run the forty like they just show up indeed, and that is the only thing that they're going to car participated because they're like, this is what I'm going to make my money on. I was a little worried about one quarterback going into the combine because I felt that this young quarterback had some things working against him. It was the way his hair flowed, it was all the great schools that he went to. And when you have an X in your first name, like Jackson Dart and you played quarterback, you're kind of like, guys, come on, is this really going to track out the way that it's supposed to. Jack and Guart had a great Saturday and it wasn't a oh my god, DJ Jackson Saturday. It was a Jackson Dart hung on Saturday. He improved his draft stock. Now if you look up Jackson Dart on the Internet, people are saying, oh, you're never going to have a Lane Kiffen quarterback come out in the first round, Like, why does Jackson Dart play well at Old Miss? Why did it work for a Jackson dark quarterback?
Speaker 5: Just I played for Lane Kiffin, Yes, I really did. And I love the way that Kiff would teach off and see you. I was fortunate enough to play for Lane Kiffin, for Steve Sarkijian, I played for a lot of great offensive line coaches, and it does it helped me so much with my football knowledge. My junior year, I had a great year under Steve Starkegan. I am open enough to admit that a big part of that was the way that he gain planned and what I learned.
Speaker 1: From Kiff the year before. But Kippen does such a great.
Speaker 5: Job of using his quarterbacks, whether it's Jackson Dart, whoever, it may be, to their best advantage and help them get to that next level. And I truly believe Kivin played a big part in that. And obviously Jackson, you know, had to do a lot of it himself. But it's very impressive to see what he's been.
Speaker 1: Able to do.
Speaker 2: All right, So now he's got the hair, he's got the name, he's got the arm. What about Yeah, got great lettuce great let it. I'm not well, you never know because what if the meetings don't go well? What if the conversations and to Cody's point, the football IQ doesn't go well well? Jackson Dart held his own this weekend because our own Peter Schrager had this tweet. This was Friday after media availability finish up aced the media session, and you have to understand, Peter Shreger has to just put this out because he thinks the guy did well at the podium. It's because he knows that Jackson Dart is popping in and out of each room with every team, and he knows man. I think some gms are talking about the way Jackson Dart handled his business in those conversations. So cam Ward and Shador Sanders don't throw, they don't don't work out. Jackson Dart did so. Not only did he improve his name within the meeting rooms, then he went out and had a really solid Saturday and Jackson Dart also had some fun. Because there's always the risk of injury, Jackson Dart wanted to celebrate with the cartwheel at the end of the throwing session. Let's see it again. Very good, Jackson Dart.
Speaker 7: Very good.
Speaker 3: Like in the world of like Anthony Richardson doing backflips and stuff to.
Speaker 4: Say it bad.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know if the leg straight up, Yeah, that is not a great account of No.
Speaker 2: I see taking care of your body. I see cautious, I see intelligence.
Speaker 1: I think that was a great I see stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by the way, straight it worked his ass off at the combine.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Right, just I'm following Peter on social alone and then on the network.
Speaker 1: I've never seen him more.
Speaker 4: Card.
Speaker 1: You know, wherever you are right now, you deserve it.
Speaker 3: Somewhere swimming in a shirt and He just absolutely deserves that.
Speaker 2: Peter, we love you man, chip Basket.
Speaker 5: It's well, yeah, yeah, you get down your point right there to that tweet that Peter had not from learning fromlan Kift. That's because of the mental side of things. That was a perfect tea up right there. That was awesome. But I believe that he is going to skyrocket. He could potentially be the boatsmotion. What'd you think of the motion?
Speaker 1: It was pretty smooth.
Speaker 5: Later on the show breaking down some comparisons, break it down a little bit. But I was very impressed with how he played from under center in the combine because you don't do that a lot at ole miss Runner lank Camp and you're in gun a lot.
Speaker 1: But he did a good job.
Speaker 5: You could tell he really put a lot of time and effort into his preparation from under center, especially thrown to the left. Well done, Jackson Dot a very good job at the combine.
Speaker 2: It's our first show of GMFP in March, and that means it's the start of Women's History Month. The NFL is celebrating the accomplishments of inspirational women across the league. We kick off our series with Katie keenan Vice president of live event operations at the NFL. Katie describes what it's like to put together the Mecca of events and how women are making the sports world a better place.
Speaker 1: So I grew up a really.
Speaker 2: Big sports fan.
Speaker 8: I played sports all my life. I did my internship in true you know, at the two thousand and six Torino Paralympics, I actually worked on credentials. There was a position at the NFL and I went for it. You never know what experience is going to get you in the future. My role is to oversee the operations for the NFL's major events. We do Super Bowl Draft.
Speaker 1: NFL Draft is now underway.
Speaker 8: Pro Bowl games, and then some of our International Series games. My favorite event of my whole career was the twenty sixteen Mexico Game, and it was the first project that I led at the NFL. That was really kind of a big event to bring the NFL back to Mexico to play at Astadios Deco, which is one of the most historical famous stadiums in the world.
Speaker 2: But then Super Bowl overall is.
Speaker 8: Just the Mecca of events. Delivering the Super Bowl every year and it going off sort of successfully is just a really incredible achievement. I get emotional sometimes because I think when I look at the core team of people that are leading at Super Bowl and Draft, it's mostly women that are decision makers that are just crushing everything that we're doing, and I think the sports world are better for it.
Speaker 1: Good morning football, all right, folks.
Speaker 3: Fifty two days until the twenty twenty five NFL Draft, and my favorite player in this year's draft is the running back from Arizona State by way of Sacramento State named Cameron Scataboo. Okay, I love this guy. He's my favorite player.
Speaker 1: He's my favorite player maybe in years.
Speaker 3: But I've been noticing something in the analysis of Cam Skataboo that's starting to percolate a little bits that I want to get ahead of and I want to nip in the bud, and I want to make a little bit of public service announcement about it.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: I am not going to sit here for the next fifty two days and hear the name Cameron Skataboo in the same sentence as deceptively fast or sneaky athletic. It's already happening, and I don't like it, and I don't like where it's going, especially not after what he did as Arizona State, not after what he did in Indianapolis over the weekend.
Speaker 1: There is nothing Remember what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: There is nothing sneaky about a forty inch vertical jump thirty nine point five.
Speaker 1: This guy just jumped.
Speaker 3: That is better than Adrian Peterson, than Jamal Charles, than Marshawn. It's better than Christian McCaffrey, who I personally thought drove a steak through the entire heart of the sneaky athletic joke industry. But we're still here, and I need to stop.
Speaker 1: All right, It's not funny anymore. We knew it for years. It's not applicable here. Don't do it.
Speaker 3: How do I know, because when I posted my excitement over Scataboo's vertical on social media this weekend, the very first response I got was here.
Speaker 1: Check out the response. Garafolo downright sneaky athlet Mike. Mike, you're not helping. You're not helping, Mike. You should know better.
Speaker 3: You're encouraging the online lemmings to make the same dumb joke about cam Scattaboo. Mike, I'm putting you in attention don't do that anymore. I am tabooing all of the cliches. When I hear talk about Cam Scattubu, I want to hear about his incredible tackle breaking, his strength, his breakaways all. I do not want to hear in your analysis that he is a Jim Racked, a coach on the field, that he has a great motor. I don't want to hear that Cam Scataboo is the son of a coach.
Speaker 1: You know why, because he's not. I did the research.
Speaker 3: His dad's name is Leonard Scataboo, and he works in pest control. God bless him, because that's exactly what we need right now. In the analysis of his son, pest control, spray him, kill him dead. Including this Cam Scataboo comps are driving me crazy, and I'm gonna pull from this very table during the commercial break.
Speaker 1: Over the next fifty listen to me. Look at me, Look at me. Oh, don't look at your phone. Look at me. Over the next fifty two days.
Speaker 3: I do not want to hear the name Toby Gerhart a single time.
Speaker 1: Don't say it.
Speaker 3: If you're saying it about Cam Scataboo.
Speaker 1: You're mailing in your analysis. You're lazy.
Speaker 3: They're not close to the same prospect. While I'm at it, while I have you, do not utter the name Peyton hillis in my presence.
Speaker 4: Stop it.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at you, Kessler.
Speaker 3: Cam Scataboo is five nine two nineteen. Peyton hillis went six two two fifty. It's an idiotic comparison. Do better than just scrolling your nostalgia rolodex for the fastest meathead cracker you can find. All right, you have to do better. Oh, he's a Peyton hillis He's nothing like Peyton Hills. He has exactly one thing in common with Peyton Hills, and you know what it is, athletic hits.
Speaker 1: R. Yes, he has two things. He's a running back and the other thing. Lastly, Okay, it is possible.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna try to stay calm now, I'm trying to worry.
Speaker 1: Am I breathing good?
Speaker 3: It is possible to describe and analyze young Cameron Scataboo without mentioning.
Speaker 1: The name Mike Allstotts. No one loves Mike Alstott more than me.
Speaker 3: Mike Alstott had four inches and thirty pounds on Scataboo. Guys, just speaking purely in the football sense.
Speaker 1: It's not the comp.
Speaker 3: He ran a totally different offense coming out of college at Purdue in a totally different sports back in the nineties.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: I also believe Scataboo is faster than all Stott was, and we'll see that when he eventually runs of forty. No one loves mikeael Stott more than me. I'll talk about Mike Alstott all year long, but not when we're talking about this Arizona State running back.
Speaker 1: All right. Now, you might say, well, we have to have comps. Who we're going to compare him to. You just mentioned all the white guys. Who's left or we do? Never mind that, Let's talk about the Here's what we do.
Speaker 3: H I got some comps for you. Mark Ingram is a comp for Cam Scattaboo. Very similar size, same kind of angry runner. You want another comp Frank Gore, incredible bounce, it's on a smaller guy.
Speaker 1: It just won't go down.
Speaker 3: You think it's a three yard day, and all of a sudden it's second and two and.
Speaker 1: He gained eight yards. Similar there.
Speaker 3: And yes, Cam Scataboo has some Marshawn Lynch And I'm not the personality. He's not as fast, but wild, fierce, almost messy runs. It is almost exactly the same weight as Marshaw.
Speaker 1: So, guys, I hope you're picking up what I'm putting down. And I'm not talking.
Speaker 3: I'm talking to the table actually, and I'm also talking to the world's table that is right out there. I don't want to hear it anymore, all right, I don't want to all those names I listed, all the.
Speaker 1: Sneaky, fat blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: I get the joke. I got the joke years ago. I've made the joke. I'm just not making about Cam scattabooy. He's better than that. Up your analysis. Class up the joint for once, because I'm not here for it.
Speaker 5: Nice I am after that, Kyle, I am all in, okay, SCOTTU, I have been for a while.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what just real quick.
Speaker 5: As a quarterback, you love playing with a guy like Camp scattaboy. You feel very comfortable when you have a runner like that. For exactly what you said, because he'll turn a second and eleven into a second and two or it looks like the play's over. And I can't tell you how much more open when your playbook gets on second and two, then.
Speaker 1: It does second eleven.
Speaker 5: I love when I can turn around and hand the ball to any of my running backs I play with, but like a Cam Scataboo type, and you can go pick up those tough yards.
Speaker 4: Cody, I got a job.
Speaker 1: I got to pull a lot easier.
Speaker 3: You have incredible aerodyite analysis, and I love having you here.
Speaker 1: In the commercial break, all right, Cody gets up, He stretch his legs. Just getting to know people is getting comfortable.
Speaker 3: We talk about what the next segment is going to be, which is this segment where now it's about cam Scattaboo. Kessler is over there going yeah, uh, what's that guy's name? Peyton hillis uh yeah, and then you're off on your mic All Stott stories.
Speaker 1: And I like you guys. You are absolutely teeing me up right now. This happened? Is it for real?
Speaker 4: Right there?
Speaker 1: That's unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Hey, it wasn't on I don't think it was on live, so I can't I can't confirm to neither, but it's I'm glad it.
Speaker 1: Did you like my all start stop? You hated the Hills? You like my al stock? I hate them all? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And it campaigns to scatchy. I want to know how fast this guy is.
Speaker 1: I really do.
Speaker 3: I want to see him roll forty I was kind of surprised with the with the vertical forty inches incredible. I was never expecting that. And I don't know how fast Frank Gore was. All I know is you couldn't catch him. I played against Michael said he was tough to bring down. If he's a cop to that guys, to everybody you just mentioned, he's a can't miss NFL prospect. The only thing I don't know is how fast he is, and we do talk about blinding speed coming out of the combine.
Speaker 1: I'm completely triggered by what you just said.
Speaker 4: You know what it was?
Speaker 1: Which part I knew it?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Am I a heady player?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, but that's a good one.
Speaker 3: When you're just rapping off and you go, you know, forty inches. I wasn't expecting that. Why, that's a great player. Look at him, he looks like a fullback. Would you expect John Riggins to jump forty inches? No, that was at seventies. I just would not expect it. I didn't expect this guy to be there. Why John Riggs of all people camp John Larry didn't want to.
Speaker 1: I just don't want to see you run a forty.
Speaker 3: I just do and I want to see you run the forty yard dash, but everything else on tape.
Speaker 1: You got to love the guy.
Speaker 3: I think, listen, it's one of the most interesting forties in this year's draft because if he cooks it, and I think his definition of cooks would be mid four fives, Like he runs a four to five five, damn all right.
Speaker 1: If he runs four seven three, it's a different deal.
Speaker 3: I really think that people are waiting and fascinated by his forty time in particular, maybe even above some other players, because you love what he does. You love how tough he is, how good of a raw athlete is he. I mean, I think he's going to run high four fives. I'll just put it out there right now. I think he's ready.
Speaker 1: He didn't run at the combine.
Speaker 3: Who run at the pro Dale even better shape than maybe lighter. I just love the player so much and I hope he does well. We're about touchdown telling me, d oh.
Speaker 1: See, let's just start ripping them up totally. Getting what do you think.
Speaker 2: The pest control game is like? In Rio, Linda Turgent.
Speaker 1: Big Turgion.
Speaker 4: I bet that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, California. You know Ketchler, A lot of things can grow there. They got termites there, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: It's it's uh oh wait, that's him.
Speaker 3: That's Leonard Scattabo with a belt. Come on, you gotta love him and he deserves the belt for best pest control in the central California area.
Speaker 1: Right. Have you ever used him code here from there?
Speaker 5: I have not, unfortunately no, but we'll look into It's not.
Speaker 2: A full long commercial and pest control and cams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they say about the pest controlling, it's fundamentally sound. It's it's like it's quicker than fast and all.
Speaker 2: The cliches high IQ pest control as well.
Speaker 4: To run. It's amazing what one one hundredth of a second difference will do. David Spade with us.
Speaker 7: It is interesting to watch this at home. I mean interesting is the strong word, but.
Speaker 3: Definitely even worried on my old gosh shoving forty three Jordan Phillips.
Speaker 1: He gets a little squggly with his line.
Speaker 4: Looks like my LFE driver's license signature.
Speaker 1: Oh no, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Snaptime every be quiet quiet.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, let that thing in here. This is a dome. It's like Paul Bunion in real life.
Speaker 4: Love ground. I said, the only thing I like the combine is my red Bone vodka. Great quote. Put some masks into it, into it?
Speaker 1: Rich is he in the cobra kai what.
Speaker 4: I love spending the weekend with you boys, watching people do magnificent things on a football field.
Speaker 2: Good dad, that was high. Welcome in This is a gump our guy. I'm Joy Molinario.
Speaker 1: He was so good.
Speaker 2: I love seeing him in the booth here, so happy. I had a take in the in the makeup room about Malanaro coming in the booth. I think it was the second year in a row he was with Rich and DJ. I was on the field last year when moll and Arrow was up there, and I realized the panic. I think in anyone who's producing and directing televisions, like you got to put moll and Arrow on camera or else you are very confused, why for like ten seconds Peyton Manning's dropping in, what's how it's starting doing the right exactly? And so you just they just kept ball and Arrow up the entire time because you have to, like listen to all his different voices and stuff. What you what did you guys take away from the combine?
Speaker 3: Just general, just sleeping general combine as we just saw the bigger, strong, or faster number one the athletes are. David Spade is still as funny as all get out.
Speaker 1: It's just so much fun.
Speaker 3: I wish that the combine was open when I was playing this will be fun.
Speaker 1: Maybe I would have got drafted. Maybe if you saw me on TV a little more. Yeah, yeah, that's where I was going. You just have family friends there. It was not open. I was there and you mentioned something earlier.
Speaker 5: We didn't know our times either, and this was back in the twenty sixteen combine. Yeah, you run the forty and you're thinking, okay, maybe that was good.
Speaker 1: Maybe it wasn't.
Speaker 5: You don't know any of your times until afterwards. But yeah, I would have loved to have family.
Speaker 3: Tell me, because I remember the comment back they don't remember this, you'd run the forty. They have their watches, there's no display, there's nothing, nothing, and no one says to you, you know four sixty five.
Speaker 1: They don't. They didn't even say good job. No, you just you were waiting for people to cla go back. Yeah, and you can't.
Speaker 5: So when we first started, guys would go over and ask the starter, hey, you.
Speaker 1: Tell my time. They'd send you to the line. What your next turn? They wouldn't tell you.
Speaker 5: And the funny thing is, I told the story last week was I ran a four to nine. The entire pre combine process ran a four eight. I never broke four nine, ran a four eight nine at the combine. I didn't know until afterwards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's awesome adrenaline in three hours of sleep.
Speaker 4: You want to.
Speaker 2: Focus on the number. Yeah, you saw one little clip and De Marco meedged it. But we got to run it back with David Spade showing up in the indjail.
Speaker 4: Let's take a look David Spade.
Speaker 7: Good, nice to see you.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll time you throw the camera on me. I've been here for twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 7: The reason here is there's absolutely no.
Speaker 4: Reason have you run a forty? Ever?
Speaker 9: It was always the fifty when I was That's a old n it was the fifties. You always got to run through the finish line. That's what I tell the guy. I do some light coaching. Yeah, I'm a walk by coach. I just walked by people and.
Speaker 4: Go nis up doing some light coaching.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I did some light coaching. I walked by, I go abs begin in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: So do you think when the colleges asked for your forty and you gave him your fifty?
Speaker 1: Is that why you didn't get rid.
Speaker 7: Of That's what was one of the problems. Oh, I'm martus. You gotta want it, hope, drive by coach.
Speaker 4: The fans are going nuts right now. I didn't.
Speaker 7: I didn't think there'd be anybody here. There's million people here that Shane. How much does it weigh? That's all I think about.
Speaker 4: It was like how much faster he would have won? Four? Three two?
Speaker 7: Where's our what's our best today?
Speaker 4: That's our basting at it?
Speaker 1: Right at it?
Speaker 4: I walked indn't it you did?
Speaker 7: Good luck charm.
Speaker 4: You're making him faster just by opinion here, David, I think it.
Speaker 9: My mullet is itching this kid in the hotel just goes, well, you signed my football.
Speaker 7: I already got Travis Hunter, and I go, who do you think of?
Speaker 4: So did you sign it?
Speaker 1: Of course you signed it, Danny Woodhead.
Speaker 7: No, I signed fade. I want to make it worth more.
Speaker 4: Thanks for stopping bun.
Speaker 9: Well, you guys got to take off nice Oh am, I out right, I'll ladies and.
Speaker 4: Gentlemen, that's the man.
Speaker 2: That was awesome. That was a That was a good move for DJ with the handshake.
Speaker 3: And so the story goes is that Spade and Dana Carvey, who does his pod with, were just randomly in Indianapolis doing a show like they were there to perform, and they're checking into the hotel and he's like, what's all these football guys doing here?
Speaker 1: And like, oh, the combine's going around.
Speaker 3: So they walk like I want to watch that, and then I think Rich nos Spade and they texted and they got him up in the booth by we didn't show it in that package. By far, the funniest line is he's talking about he really got to the crux of putting the combine in TV.
Speaker 1: I think we all appreciate it, where he's like, no, I watch it home. It's interesting. Well interesting is probably a strong word, but and then they Rich and DJ just laugh because they get it. It's just an awesome appearance. I loved it. I loved it.
Speaker 2: I would have loved it if we came back from commercial and it was Harvey and Spade instead of Richard DJ. And you just have no idea that would of it awesome. We just do replacement. Love you, rich and DJ. I'm not trying to.
Speaker 1: Rich and DJ have to do the show, the comedy Showcross the Street.
Speaker 2: Oh no, they probably probably Big.
Speaker 5: Joe Dirk Guy, Big Joe Dirk guys, The Garden dig It.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: I love watching comedians, not on stage or not on you know, on a movie, just how witty they are. That I laughed the hardest at the end when he's like, hey, thanks for coming.
Speaker 1: You know what do you guys gotta go? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the greatest, hilarious Big Joe Dirt. I can actually hear you getting fatter. That's that's one of my favorite lines. I can actually hear you getting fat.
Speaker 9: Boy right now.
Speaker 2: I hope that the Combine guys knowed him from this movie.
Speaker 1: That would be That was awesome. Tommy putting the