Speaker 1: Reality with the King is hosted by me, Carlos King. I'm an executive producer who have produced some of your favorite shows from the Real Housewives in Atlanta, New Jersey and my own creation, The Love and Marriage Franchise and Bell Collective. Every episode, we recap reality television from the Real Housewives Franchise to The Bachelor or Selling Sunset, in addition to celebrity guests, whether in the unscripted space or scripted as well. Let's get into the season sixteenth finale of the Real Housewives of Atlanta. I will say this, I thoroughly enjoyed this season. Shout out to Bravo, shout out to truly Original. You know listen, I obviously have been very honest about past seasons of the show. I will say this about this season. I do feel like the Real Housewives antisfact. I've had so much fun recapping these episodes with quality and DestinE for the past sixteen weeks. Yes, it feels like yes, it feels like yesterday. So before we get into that, I didn't want to say that that this has been pure joy to recap these episodes. We do have three more reunions that we're going to recap starting next week. But I wanted to kick things off by saying that. But I also want to kick things off by talking about the episode and getting your thoughts on the finale. So one of the things that occurred in this finale, because I want to the finale had a lot of interesting things happening into it. So if it's okay with you, Destin and Claudia, I just want to get right into, like okay, okay. So I do want to get into what I felt was this nice nasty exchange between Shami the Uh and Brett. I want to get there first. So Shamia is a singer. Shamia is working with r L from the you know, notoriously iconic group next that had a number one hit called too Close and which, by the way, some of you guys in New York got got your glow grass. Anyways, but what I will say my best friend has to be like, hey, y'all stop, like.
Speaker 2: Whatever was cool? Go ahead though here you know, he's like.
Speaker 1: You know everyone, he's my African, which is funny, but I digress. I know, I know, dust it it's hilarious. But anyways, Shamia is having like a showcase, right us hilarious inside joke. Shamia is having a showcase. The girls came to it. I listen. I'll say this much. You can say which one about Shamiah, but I would love to get dozen and Claudia's thoughts. In my opinion, Shamiah can sing and and and listen. I know how, I know how these shows work. There's always gonna be a moment where something may be a little off. That is an opportunity for a shady bite. But I think overall, I thought she me did a great job. I think she can sing. Drew shaded her. They flashed back to Drew child at the reunion. But I thought she me did a good job. What you guys think.
Speaker 2: I thought she did a good job to listen. Is she talented? Right? That's the focus here, It's not the choices. Did I agree with the wardrobe? No? Did I think that. I thought she was just having fun, you know what I mean. Shemiah has access to resources and she was able to be like I want this, like this, that, like that, that like that and perform for her friends that knew her, and she had a good time doing it. That's what that was to me. She was like a kid in a toy box, and I thought that was cool. You know what I mean? Do I think she's talented and she's singing? Hell yeah, she can sing. She's got a great singing voice, and she's actually got a really beautiful speaking voice too. I love listening to Shamia talk. And so that was it for me. You know, that was not Awards show worthy performance, but it shouldn't have had that level of expectation because it wasn't that. It was just her showcasing her music for the people that she invited, they came.
Speaker 3: I agreed.
Speaker 4: Now, you know, I don't like that there's been shaded between her and Drew because they actually essentially want to do the same thing sing and actually Drew was more established in that arena. And you know, the luxury you get when you are a singer and you grind it out on the road and small venues is no one sees you when you miss a note or when you have bad performances. But when you do and launch a career like a secondary career on a reality show, people can see all your missteps, all your fine tuning. Samia will be just fine. She has the basic she has a singing voice, she has charisma. I love her speak I love her speaking voice as well. Great, she'll be fine. And that comes with repetitions. You know, I'm friends with a lot of singers, and listen, like you know, they showed her missing a note or whatever, or screeching whatever, or hitting a you know, didn't quite hit the note.
Speaker 1: That happens.
Speaker 4: It happens all the time, and she shouldn't be penalized for that, like she somehow can't sing or that takes away from her talent. Even your faves have nights where that happens. That's part of the process. Your favorite comedians will bomb, your favorite TV hosts will mess up a sentence, your favorite actors will mess up a scene. That's all in the process of fine tuning. And Shemi is at the beginning of her singing career. She'll be just fine. And you know, she she's shown us the beginning of a career. And that's actually a brave thing to do because, like I said, most people have the luxury of.
Speaker 3: Doing it like behind.
Speaker 4: Closed doors or you don't really see much of it, like you know, kind of in a lower, lower visibility.
Speaker 3: I think she did fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now, listen, I thought she was sounding fine too. It was an opportunity for her and Britt to having one on one. Brick kept a bobbing for another week. Shout out to Britt love the bob, thank you for the extending it for another week's episode. Child, I'm a happy camper. Shout out to Paris Chany for another styling successful night.
Speaker 2: Shout out to I saw Paris last night.
Speaker 1: Oh good Paris Chase. So you guys know is the stylist who was styling Kelly and Britt. So to Mia, Okay, sometimes sometimes sometimes it is hard for me to watch reality TV because I know how it works, and every once in a while I'll feel a moment and I'm like, I break the fourth wall in my head. Shamia did not want to talk to Britt after her performance. She did, She did, I'm it's evident they told should be, which nothing's wrong with that. You're doing a job. Shamia go talk to Brett and she was like, really, after my even I gotta talk. Well, she's here, we need to We need to wrap this story line up, girl, Which is the right thing to do. Wrap it up, Wrap it up, wrap it up. But to see how reluctant Shamia was Shamia. What's sort of like what happens when you have an annoying ex boyfriend who is not happy that you moved on. Shout out to Claudia Jordan, Honey, Claudia can take a joke. So to me, I was like, thank you, man, I got Carlos.
Speaker 3: I know you energy today he's so masculine. Today's crazy. But what happened The voice went down, It's like laugh and he was.
Speaker 1: Like what.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, Carlos, look outfit. Okay, you're back, ye, I see what's going on here?
Speaker 1: Be alone? Okay. Look, So Smia is like this the whole time, so we we you know, Grenada, you said something and I didn't like it. I don't know why you said it. I don't what a brit Britt the whole time is like this mm hmm, like like like eagles to have the conversation. So one of the things that has been rumored for a long time, let's let's talk about it. There has been rumored based on interviews the girls have done. I believe shoudn't be and Kelly specifically, if I'm not mistaken, there's been conversations during press runs that Britt said something horrible about about Shemia, and I want to make check it the words right because I don't want to apply the wrong label to anybody, let alone a child. Some people said special needs, which I'm not sure that's if I were to use for Smia's daughter, for the youngest one, right are we do we say special needs? Because I know she's dealing with a health issue.
Speaker 2: I just say, okay, youngest, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: There were conversations that Britt made a comment about Smilla's youngest child, and the rumor for the longest time was that she made a comment that question whether or not Shamilla's youngest daughter had any health issues. I think that was the thing that we all, I'll speak myself, that was something that sort of was perpetuated. So in that moment, what what what what I was, what I was thinking was about to happen, was that brig just said, you know, you you found out your daughter was sick and you decided to go to Miami and you to go home. And I was just like, if she's really sick, why are you here? And Shemiah said, don't break on my child. Based on that alone, did you too feel like okay? Was it hyped up or was it still on the evil playing field of regardless of what's being said, don't break on my child. In general, I do.
Speaker 4: Hate when someone's insulting you and you say you coming from my child. I think that's like an easy way to get out of something. But I will tell you this. Shamiah did tell me that Britt did say something questioning whether or not her daughter was actually really sick. So I don't think they showed it in the show, but I think that's what happened. I know we can't break the fourth wall on the show like we can only you know, they can comment with the shown, But that's what she said. We didn't see that, but we saw her allude to something like, well, was she really that sick? If you were out here doing shots? She was trying to give her an insult. She was trying to insult Shamia as a mom, is how I took it. So And sometimes that happens, right where someone says something even more found and it doesn't quite make the edit, and then your reaction looks bigger, you know, like damn, why was she so mad? It wasn't that bad, but it really was that bad in person, but that's what I had heard that that Britt did it question whether or not her daughter was really sick or had issues. So that's my inside that I can. I know it's not that much to you, it's not like breaking news.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I actually agree with you. I So, first of all, it was definitely presented to the audience so far. You know what I'm saying, as if Bridge made a comment that was derogatory in reference to Shami as young as daughter who we all know has challenges with her health. She was born prematurely know the story, right, and we all feel for her for that of course, for that child. So what we saw in that scene did not match up with that with what we thought it was. We didn't hear her say anything about We thought that she said something about Smia's youngest daughter, like a derogatory inst about that child, and we didn't see that. Now, Also, if I'm being real, if I was a father and my baby, whether my baby had challenges with their health or not, but especially if my baby had challenges with their health, don't say shit about my child. I don't care how close. Don't even get close to a coming about my kid. Otherwise that's me and you. So I can understand that logic, and I think that's what happened here. I just wish it would have been presented as that, like, hey, we were arguing. She says something in red, not about my daughter, but in reference to me being a good mother to my daughter, and it triggered me say that. Don't say Britt said something about my child because we didn't see her say anything about her child on the show. We don't know what the edit and what didn't or don't what didn't make the edit, I should say, but based on what we saw, we didn't see what we thought we were going to see in that argument.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and look one of the things that because you know, I like to make sure that we always report exactly what was saying. So thank you for the people of comments saying I mean again, I wasn't saying she's special needs. I was saying people are out there saying that a lot of people are saying, just say she has health issues. So thank you for that. Now one thing that a lot of people are saying. And listen, I'm not a parent, and that's my full disclaimer. Shemiah is this person's mother, right? And brit did question, is she even really sick? Listen to the argument is what people are saying? Go ahead, Dustin, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm sorry, I don't mean interrupt. She did say is she really even sick? But based on the context of what of the conversation that was going on, that was in reference to the breakdown that Shmia had when they were in Grenada and she found out that remember, the babysitter or the nanny had left her daughter in a cold room. Her daughter's body temperature had fallen, she had cold symptoms of a cold or flu, and Shamil has had a lot of anxiety about that. So when Britt said, well, is she even sick? I don't think that that was intended to mean to question the severity of Shiloh's health challenges. I think it was questioning the accuracy of you know, painting a picture of her daughter going through a temporary illness, not her longstanding health challenges. Saying you know what I'm saying, does she really even have a cold? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: So what Justine is saying that, I see what that's is saying. That's the saying when brit said she is she even really sick on one side, you could look at it, Brent, questioning was the youngest daughter sick at that moment, not the history of her illness? Is she even really sick? Is she's sick right now? Because if she was sick, would you be at home? So I could I see just saying there doesn't too And look, I started by saying this, I'm not a parent. I know when my mother was alive child, and my mother would go from zero to Freddy Krueger if you say anything about her child, right, And that's why I think when it comes to Shemiah, I also understand as a mother number one, as a mother number two, as a mother who has to spend And I follow Shami on social media a lot of us do. Before SMI was a housewife. She she chron chronicle Thank You. She chronicled her journey dealing with her youngest daughter's health issues in and out the hospital. She celebrated her daughter coming home. I want to say in a day or two or less, was she had to go back to the hospital. So any sort of mention of your child could trigger any mother. And I do see why Shamia instantly said kids are off limits. And one thing I will say, and I want to hear from Claudia. One thing I will say, working on all these shows I worked on for eighteen years, one thing I will say, those women always say. One thing we're not gonna ever do is talk about each other's children. And that is a pact that I know these housewives do have.
Speaker 3: Let's just say this, I do agree with both of you.
Speaker 4: I do believe that you know and I know I come for Brittany because I just I just don't like her character at this point. I don't hate her, but I just she just does a lot of like she just makes a lot of unforced error that she could actually have been had a cool season, but she just does.
Speaker 3: A lot of goofy shit. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Maybe in this incident, she wasn't questioning the overall health of Shemia's a child, like it's a child really even have any issues. She may be meant in that moment because she was trying to come for SMI as parenting, like, well you didn't brush back home.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing.
Speaker 4: When you have a child, and I'm not a parent either, but I have nieces and I have and I have compassion when you have a family member, when you have a child that's chronically sick since birth. The last thing you want to hear from some bitch I just did a show with that I already am not feeling is whether or not it's up to your standard of sick enough for for you to judge whether I should be rushing back to get home. It's really gone to be a goddamn business, really, and it's just something you should probably just stay away from. If I knew one of you had, you know, chronic anemia or sickle cell or whatever, but you weren't that sick today, I would probably leave it out of our entire debates, Like that's one thing I would probably read you down and just go for something else. Just leave it out this.
Speaker 3: You know, you have so much other material.
Speaker 4: You can come for her singing, you come for her fashions, come for her husband's ever there at the filming.
Speaker 3: I'm giving you things. Break come that.
Speaker 4: But just to say when you she even not sick because you rush, you didn't rush back home when you pulling.
Speaker 3: Up drinks, say something else. It just was im poor taste. Because even if you didn't mean it that.
Speaker 4: Way, it's gonna read that way to a mother who has to always deal with seeing her kid in and out of the hospital. She's not gonna be rational and say, well, she only met this time and not overall. She's gonna think I'm mama bear to my child. Fuck anything about fuck anytime you talk about my kid and her in her inlans because it's something I have to deal with all the time.
Speaker 3: So just leave that out. Just leave it out, Britt.
Speaker 4: We know in that moment it wasn't the overall, but it's just importaste because you know that kid is sick often, so why do it?
Speaker 3: And you were the main.
Speaker 4: One with your dramatic you know, get dramatic monologue. Bitch, Please, Now we just throw that horrific performance out the window. And like I said, I know bad acting. I do two B movies all the time. I'm redoing one soon next month. But I'm just saying, like it, just are you with it or you're not, Britt, because you were right there with it with the dramatic moment, or were you just trying to get camera time offer SIMI as ill child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and look, I think that's the reason why I wanted to start off with that, because I know it was something that was sort of like hanging off since the show premiered. It's one of those things. I'm gonna say it because I'm a producer. It's the reason why I don't like when things get leaked before we watch it, because what happens is you hype things up. And when I say that, I'm not saying it's hyped up, Okay. What I'm saying is, before we're able to watch things with context, it's hard to reveild things that we're gonna watch that we haven't seen yet, because once we see it, we're sort of like, oh, it's not like we You me the guy, and he's like, I'm good doing this, and you yeah, you know what I mean. You know, I want want so so I wanted to make sure that.
Speaker 2: It ain't nothing worse than you thought it was about to be good and it's horrible, and I call somebody else, Yes, just.
Speaker 4: Manage to just say you know what I'd rather you just say I'm okay and let me be pleasantly surprised, so I could just get in the boop chap with my girls, Like girl.
Speaker 2: Number one, you ain't got no game if you're talking about how good it is anyway, So let's start there. It's a shame on us for fucking people who talked about it because we were dumb for doing it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I rather a sneak, unexpected, backbreaking without me expecting it, Like I'd rather be like what hold, I wasn't ready.
Speaker 3: I gotta sit some ebsence sauce.
Speaker 1: Now, well, speaking of Brett, I do want to get into no. We were talking about Britt. Don't do no. I'm segue. Listen, this is the view and I will be go burg. It's a segue. Okay, we're all the topic of Briat it should be is I want to transition into talk about Brit. Britt take a sne where she was looking at a PJ, a private jet her and her husband went to. I went to an area in Atlanta where they do, you know, sometimes sail, sometimes through a timeshare, sometimes rent private planes. So we see Britt and her husband looking at a private plane. We saw the inside the plane, and then the next thing I know, the scene was over with. It was literally a one minute scene and they.
Speaker 4: Say get it out of there because the real owners and renters are coming up in there and you taking a space. But we're gonna slide you in before the real people that really can afford to rent this and buy this.
Speaker 3: Come, Brittany, don't play with us.
Speaker 4: To quote my former co host, girl get off my line short out to Funky Don But like girl by, that was so fake, just like going and see the like all these like things you do to try to fill up space.
Speaker 3: And okay, Carlos, okay, dunsin. They went and looked at a plane.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, nobody did this weekend.
Speaker 3: I went and looked at a high rise in downtown Dallas.
Speaker 1: I can't afford that.
Speaker 4: Okay, stop with the If you've given two fifty for a fundraiser, which that's totally within your limpits, why do you give us this?
Speaker 3: It's so fake, it's so I keep it a butt Sashova.
Speaker 1: Chaine all that.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a I.
Speaker 4: Do not try to stepos us. Do not go chasing financial waterfalls.
Speaker 3: Stay in your meet like it's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 4: Everyone's so fucking fake on that show with this, we're gonna go and look at a private jet and he was like, God bless her husband. He goes along with hers delusional shenanigans, like okay, honey, we're gonna go look at a jet for the scene. It's such acting, it's so ridiculous. Yes, I don't give a fuck if y'all think I'm hey, I am. I think it's corny. I think that's why people like authenticity. You got Angela in here talking about she's going through folks, you're gonna lose these homes. And that's why we like her, right because she's like, hey, it's it's not pleasant, but it's my reality. You're in no way, shape or form about to go buy a private jet.
Speaker 3: You're not, so why do you doing that.
Speaker 4: You're underestimating the intelligence of your audience.
Speaker 3: And it's so corny.
Speaker 4: Like britt, if you didn't do all the other fucker, we would like you without having to do the private jet, then you don't need to do that.
Speaker 3: You don't need to do that, Like we don't expect you. If you're getting forty thousand for the season, we know you're not getting a private jet. Sorry, neither am. I I know better than you. I can't get one either.
Speaker 4: I Billy can get on jet and I'll do the little with to Vegas one way and a private jet.
Speaker 1: They have.
Speaker 4: That little four seater jet that's that four people. You don't want to buy that jet, girl buy.
Speaker 3: Don't go chasing financial waterfalls. Please stick to the rivers and.
Speaker 1: The I'm gonna have r L work. I'm gonna have r L work with you next maybe help the next child. This is reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. Okay, that'stin raw. Yeah, what did you think about that scene?
Speaker 3: And she couldn't even buy lunch? You're gonna get a jet?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, oh, because you keep reminding me of thing that I had forgotten in association with that private jet scene. I'm reacting in real time. Sorry if my counting so so listen, I thought it was I thought it was out of place. I think a scene of her shopping for a private jet. It is something that would have like built her story as a character and like introduced us to her. Right, So, like that belonged in the beginning of the season, and scenes like that only work when they actually purchased stuff. Think Teresa Judice. I hate even bringing her up because her racist ass deported as Danny DeVito looking as her husband just made a post on Instagram sucking Donald Trump's Dick asking to be you know, pardoned and be sent back to America. So fuck them right now. However, I remember that scene on Real Housewives of New Jersey when Teresa paid cash for all that furniture. You know, we like seeing stuff like that. We like seeing you mentioned it for when Kim Zosiak wrote that check for the escalade. We like seeing people actually make the big purchase. When Charre used to be at those miscellaneous stores in the lynn Linox mall buying, you know, those snake skin persons and stuff. We like seeing that. So I thought it was oddly placed in the season finale episode. It belonged like way earlier in the season. And we only want to see it if you're driving that jet down the turn act otherwise, you know. And what did she say about her body? She was like, I want to take advantage of this good body before you put a baby in me. When they were in the in the jet. Remember what did she say? It was something he said.
Speaker 1: Said that and then she mentioned baby oil. So I don't know if y'all y'all caught that she did say that, and then she mentioned baby oil, and it it was jarring to me, and I was like, listen, we talked about shady editors. I'm like, I'm a Dustin understand the purpose of that scene. It lets you lasted for thirty seconds. It wasn't it didn't move storyforward. I did not get it. And I will say this, I agree with Claudia Dustin as a producer. And I was there when Teresa purchased something. I was there when when Kim Zoe Zad purchased the called Big Papa to get the car zero dow baby cash, zero doll baby off the lot, and and and not only but to off the lot. She continued to film with that car for two three seasons to let you know it's really hers. But I digress. I tell all reality stars because I as a producer, you do sometimes get pitched. Hey, I'm about to, you know, go shopping for X, Y and Z. My team follows my rule, which is we're not gonna follow a look see if it's on a purchase at the end, because I don't. I don't have time. Listen, I'm tell you, I'm gonna tell you what happens. I don't have to for the deal you made with the car dealership. I don't have time for the deal you made with the jeweler. I don't have a time to deal with the real estate agent who you made a deal with for camera time, Like, I know how this works. If you're not gonna purchase it, and I'm not gonna see the transaction with the receipt up, we're not filming it. And Dustin is right, and so it's clauding in the sense of this. I liked it was so crazy about britt idiots this. I started off loving brit In the middle it was wonky on some real but towards the end I've come back to like her a great deal. What's unfortunate is I just feel like it's sad as me that Brett felt the need to go card shopping and PJ shopping because nobody cares about that. Nobody cares about that. You are a beautiful woman with a successful bob and for me, I wanted her to really flourish as somebody that has staying power, because it's one thing I tell reality stars who have it tough in the beginning. I always say, just wait it out, wait it out. And I do feel like people are warming up to Britain now we obviously know her fate spoiler alert, But it sad is me that she felt the need to do a PJ shopping without without a transaction happening at the end.
Speaker 4: And listen, not to take away from her husband or actually, you know what, I will even say her because.
Speaker 3: She is married to someone that's wealthy.
Speaker 4: And when you're married to someone, well, I'm assuming he is, right, I have no reason to not believe that our husband is a successful man. Right, But like, even if you are and you have the money to go buy and one like, why are you doing that? It's not really your reality. It seems like the producers are like, yeah, that would look fly, but if it's like you said, college, it's not going to be ending in our actual purchase.
Speaker 3: It kind of like sets you up for failure with the.
Speaker 4: Fans because we're gonna be whatever happened to the car, whatever happened to the plane, and then we are now going to point out the shortcomings, like we all know that you and your husband getting sued for not paying that country club. We all know that, you know, like these type of things doesn't really align with someone that actually has disposable income to buy private jet, to buy a Rose Royce or whatever. Car they were looking at. You know, I think that kind of stuff is like when you put too much emphasis on those types of things. I don't think that makes necessarily a good housewife. Yes, people can sit here and say, well, you was only all on season.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 4: I need to tell y'all this has nothing to do with me and my time on there. I can still be a viewer and have an opinion just like everybody else in the comments.
Speaker 3: I don't have to have been on there to have common sense and to be able.
Speaker 4: To make to form an opinion about this. It's just like it falls flat because it's like reaching where we would like you more, brit is getting to the origin of some of your behaviors, Like why it's clear that you're not a girl's girl, your issues with your family, your fertility journey with your husband. Take us through that like that would have made us like root for you instead of like beat up. Not just like no one wants to see like it just gives new money.
Speaker 3: I'm just new to this.
Speaker 4: Let me just show up that I can go making a planet at a jet spot and look at a plane before they open up the business for real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, that was the thing. Because even even when we saw the scene where her family came to the house.
Speaker 3: You want to like it, don't you, but it was still fell flat.
Speaker 1: It felt well, I'll say this, it fell flat to me. It fell flat and it fell rushed. And again these aren't these aren't. Excuse me. I'm not gonna blame Brick for that. I'm not gonna blame her for that. It just this is the thing for me though. It's one of those things where the reason why Angela Oakley is arguably the MVP of the season is because every time that woman came on screen, I believe every thing she was doing. I believe everything she was saying. I have yet and we'll get to later tonight. I mean love in an episode. I have yet to question anything that Angela has said on camera. I literally haven't questioned nothing she has said because she comes in often often authentic.
Speaker 3: Herself.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, journalists, you survived authentically.
Speaker 3: Some journalism for some kids on how to say these words. Now, hey, it's by it's.
Speaker 1: My greed, energy, jews, whatever. Okay, thank you the a word that is with the why thank you. So with that being said, with that, big said the family scene, I just it felt like the PJ shopping scene.
Speaker 2: It just it makes sense to me, I was this is the season finale scenes with their family. That's how we get to know you outside of your interaction with the other cast members. All that shit belongs. We don't know none of them family members well enough to be invested in the story. All of that shit belongs way earlier in the season when we're getting to know her. It all just felt too little too late, just the same way that her sit down with Porscha and Cynthia at her home felt too little too late. That shit should have happened way earlier in the season. So you know, that's why it felt disjoined it to me, I just felt like this it was just completely out of place.
Speaker 4: I agree, I think, and you know, as much as I've been on her neck all season, Britain did become more interesting and even looked even better, Like her looks came.
Speaker 3: Together, she peeked the way incredible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like towards the end, like if maybe things could have been different for her how this happened early on? But I think it was just way too many episodes wasted her being a victim. Way too many episodes wasted her Just every episode for like maybe four or five episodes, was her overreacting to other Housewives, popping off, being rude, doing this fake wealthing, showing us you clearly have never really been in a country club, You've clearly never been on a golf course, you've clearly never really been really ready to buy a rolls or buy a jet, like all this fake shit. But like she was spicy towards the end, like I think Grenada, she was starting to show some more personality, and I think we ran out a runway. Actually, I think maybe if we had maybe like five more episodes, we probably maybe some of.
Speaker 3: Us that don't really like her would have probably come around because she.
Speaker 4: Was actually giving something instead of this fake what I think Housewives fans, it's like kind of insulting to the UH fans. You know, Housewives fans been in it for what sixteen seventeen seasons, Like they can spot fake storylines, fake relationships, So it's kind of insulting to the fans when you kind of try to pull a fast one, like they're not gonna be able to see through it. But yeah, I will say she definitely gain more interesting and got more better looked everything better towards the end, but now we're at the season finale and we got this bullshit.
Speaker 2: Yeah anyway, but yeah.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: It's just sad to me controversial take here, right. They should have taken the Kenya shit completely out of the season. We should not have known any of that happened. We never got that story resolved, we never found out anything else. The season just moved on felt completely disjointed afterward. If they were not going to keep if they weren't going to remove Kenya from the entire season, they should have taken out that part of the story and just shot longer because that actually critically handicapped Britney's or Brits excuse me performance as a housewife for her first season, because that scandal, in that moment swallowed up eighty five percent of her time on the show this season. That's why we used to feel like we still don't know her. That's why these last two episodes we felt like we made some progress because we wasted the majority of our time with her focusing on the ken and more scandal with the posters, and god damn it, if they weren't going to allow Kenya to stay on for the rest of the season. And if they weren't going to tell that story all the way through to completion, they should have just omitted it completely because all they did was handicapped Brick pissed us viewers off, remove Kenya from the show. It just ruined everything, So why not either continue it or just remove the whole thing. So I think a lot of our disconnect with brit comes from that situation.
Speaker 4: It's almost like she was set up, not necessarily on purpose by production, but it's really a lose lose situation for he like almost set up the fail because once a newbie is kind of responsible, right, although it's you know, Kenya had her part to playing this because what she did was wrong, right, But she I'm saying, like how it's going.
Speaker 3: To be perceived that Rick got her up the show.
Speaker 4: She's already going to have all of Kenya's fans and people that are fans of the show that wanted her on to be against her, the CALF members that went to blame her, like, man, we had a great season of Kenya was still here now because of you. So she was kind of in a situation where it was kind of hard to get out of that and win, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So it was impossible. It wasn't even kind of hard. It was fucking impossible. Yeah, things ended up the way that they went. I wish that, well, I don't know. You can't speak for her because I don't know how I would have felt if I was in that situation. But I just wish Keny would have stayed on because all of this would have made a lot more since if we could have watched it work out or play out. The interruption just ruined everything, so and it pissed everybody off that wanted Kenya to participate. So we sitting here with half a damn season, no resolve at the reunion, know nothing. We don't know anything. We're just left to just be like, oh, okay, we looked like Nannie when she was walking in that party on what was that season five? That's why we look as viewers, you know what I'm saying, That's how we look. So I don't know. I just wish they would have told that differently. But I'm not a producer on the show, nor am I, so who makes those decisions.
Speaker 1: So this is a very interesting point. So rain drops follow me with this really quickly. Then we'll get into Angela and Phedra next. That's coming up next. But I want to stop here for a second. I never thought about that. I never ever thought about what Claudia and Dustin are saying. Dustin brought up a good point, rain drops, and I would love to get your thoughts in the chat.
Speaker 2: Should ched you said what? I wish I could watch the comments.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at them that they're all fire today, they're all fin.
Speaker 1: It's just don't worry.
Speaker 4: It's probably back because they become familiar sometimes set up.
Speaker 1: They're actually listen, the rain drops are are good today? No, but look well the rain jows talked the messy one. Okay, anyways, rain drops, let us know the comments. Do y'all think we should have seen what happened with your Kenyan bread? Should Kenya moment have never been shown? When Kenya was removed from the show. Should everything associated with Kenya should have been edited out? I never thought about that. Would it have done brit justice if we would have never seen anything with Kenya? Would have done Kenya justice if we would have never seen it? It's a really good question, Claudie and Dustin that I never even thought about because I am a producer and one thing about producer that I was raised was you show the reality. You don't you don't make you. I was always taught you don't editorialize. I can say that, but authentically, okay, you don't editor You don't editorialize your hands and shifting the narrative to favor one or the other. You you show everything and you let the audience decide. But what is so fascinating is I've never thought about that, and I want to spend some time thinking about it. Come back next week. But rain drops, do y'all think they should have never ever even showed Kenya's likeness in addition to that moment, And would it have been better fit for the audience to have seen Britain a different light? Good question.
Speaker 4: It would have set bretting up to Britt up to be more liked on the show. But like you mentioned earlier, Dusin in Carlos, it already was leaked. It was leaked, so there was no way around that, you know, So they had a show. But I just think they made a big mistake by I think the fumble was firing Kenya and not firing Britt.
Speaker 3: I think they should have.
Speaker 4: It would have made for a huge season finale had they had brought Kenya in at some point where they could have sat down and worked it out. I mean, there have been worse offenses on the show. People have literally put hands on each other and beat people up on this show.
Speaker 3: And they were still there and go ahead, I'm sorry. Yeah, And I just feel like it's just different rules for different people.
Speaker 4: And I just feel like if you're going to let someone allow themselves to come back and redeem themselves from a moment they may not be proud of when they fought or snatched.
Speaker 3: Somebody up, whatever, then allow Kenya that as well.
Speaker 1: And it also would to.
Speaker 4: Help brit out and we wouldn't all like not we because it's not everybody, but there's a lot of people that really can't stand brit right because of that. Like we never really could get on the right track with her because of that, and either like find a way, but it was leaks, So yeah, I agree through Dustin. I think that if they're going to like not have her on there to defend herself and not have confessionals, I think that's complete BS.
Speaker 3: But then you show her like what two episodes that's all. We got three episodes. That's crazy, So now we have to we're left with what if the entire season.
Speaker 4: And being out of brit it would have put them both in better positions and they would have set themselves up to be able.
Speaker 3: To have Kenya back and Britt next season. And now what do we have one? I don't like how they handle it. They could have handled it a lot better, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And we can take like the fair this piece, or even a disciplinary piece out of it and speak merely from a perspective of storytelling. Right, it was completely disjointed, and if we were going to abruptly in that story right there and then never tell what happened next, or never tell anything and have all this scuttle. But in all these conversations circulating around this situation online, if we're gonna ignore half of it, let's ignore the whole damn thing. That's how I feel. And if not, if we're going to follow the reality and tell the story, if being that this incident did take place, and we're following the reality, then Kenya should have never been removed. And I'm not speaking from a place of whether or not the disciplinary action was fair, I'm merely specifically speaking to the story. It just doesn't make sense if you're gonna tell that part of the story, continue it. Kenya's removal made no goddamn sense whatsoever when it comes from a perspective of the story being told on the show. It made no sense.
Speaker 3: They could have left a lot of that out.
Speaker 1: You know what I remembered.
Speaker 4: I remember going on to Atlanta, and I was in Atlanta and Kenya invited me to the opening of her salon.
Speaker 3: And when I was there, when I saw what aired on TV, that's not what happened when I was there.
Speaker 4: So I'm thinking that night's episode never aired because they said, oh, boring, not enough actions, so they ran it back. I'm thinking, and what happened the second time? We need more drama than Kenya does that and they got their drama. I don't think they aired the first time with the one I was at because I didn't see there was other people there.
Speaker 1: That way, they didn't They didn't air her hair salon spot season fifteen now in an air, Okay, so that didn't air. Yeah, but see the fifteen that didn't air, and then season sixteen where we just watched, they aired obviously what happened.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought that was all in sixteen Okay, Oh yeah, no.
Speaker 2: No, no, that okay, her interview with Carlos, she spoke about that.
Speaker 1: And she did, she did, and a lot of her, a lot of a lot of Team Twerell felt that she had to do something for it to make air. Again, these are things Team a lot of Team troll have said. Kenya has not said that, but it's a healthy debate. But I wanted to bring that up because I just never thought about that. It's an interesting take.
Speaker 4: And if it was so egregious and so horrible what happened at the opening where people had to get fired and all kind of stuff, Bravo had every opportunity to not wear it at all, and we would have not have known it about it. They could have sat them too down and said, hey, ken you you can't do that. This is your warning, Britz were apologized and move on. We would have never known where that didn't have to be an episode. They chose to air that, and then they had to do something because of it because they aired it, and now there's a lawsuit, like they didn't have to even air that at all. There's plenty of things that happened on Love and Hip Hop and all the other shows that would they gets to a point where ooh, this could be a legal problem. They protect the cast and they don't air it, and we never it never sees the light of day. They didn't have to air it, and we could have heard leaks allegedly right, but they didn't have to air that.
Speaker 3: They chose to air that.
Speaker 1: So rain jows let us know to chat what you guys start thinking. So the moment of the finale, which I talked about this last week, how I as a producer, I'd never like it when a random person becomes the main story because it just it doesn't survive with me, just based on how I was brought up in this business of producing reality television. But nonetheless, we are here. So the guy in question who last week made a toast about Charles Oakley allegedly having another affair on Angela, which Charles Oakley has admitted, I'm sorry. Angela has admitted there was infidelity in their relationship. She also mentioned that on my podcast that here last week, So the continuation happened. I want to get into this though, I want to get into this. I want to get into the scene. The full scene that did not air, but we was able to see ten seconds of it. So rain drops, those aren't called a flashback. I want to teach y'all something about production verbiage. Right when we saw a snippet of the scene between the guy, Angela and Drew where Angela met with him in in front of him, they flashed to it, it's not called a flashback. We called it a flash sideways, okay, because a flashback is a scene you already saw before, whether it was season one through ten. Those are flashbacks. When you watch a scene that they flashed to that aired for like five seconds that you've never seen, those are called flash sideways. It's a scene, y'all we've never seen ever, but it's an act contact to the scene that we're currently watching in real time. Makes him saying that, okay.
Speaker 2: Can answer you a question. Does it get on Does it get on your nerves when you see people call it a flashback?
Speaker 1: I mean, because I'm a student, does the shut up breaking down cause mama said, my brain drop? They want to be educated at all times, So stop calling it a flash back. No, because my rain drops, you ain't gonna sound crazy like I do, not being able to pronounce authentic whatever anyway, notification and notification, Whi's the rain gification? Where's the rain drops? Say that this week in New York Notification. Make sure y'all subscribe and hit the notification button. Okay, I would have preferred to see that entire scene, And the reason why I would have preferred to have seen it is because I think for I could be alone. For me, I think it needed context in terms of, Okay, what did this guy say to her? How was Angela able to extract this information? What was Juseph Dora's role into all of this, and what occurred? I felt like only showing some some snippets of it. I think it left room for a big question mark. Perhaps Again, I'm speaking for myself. I would have loved to see the scene fully because I would have wanted to know how Angela was able to supposedly get the guy to say his name. We didn't see anything. We saw him flip the phone, and we didn't see what was said on on the on the on the on the phone. And I don't know if that was to add to the mystery of it, but I would have preferred to have seen that scene in full.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't get what was happening. I'm like, am I flow? Did I not?
Speaker 4: Because I gotta see I've had like five percussions, so my memory sometimes i'd be living my p I thought.
Speaker 3: So I take these pills that I get on Amazon. They call uh.
Speaker 1: Lion's made. If you're watching Claudia Jordan was a sponsorship deal, thank.
Speaker 3: You, and it makes me sharper, right. I took him last night, but I haven't been taking them lately.
Speaker 4: So I was like, oh, I'm having a dumb moment, like a you know, mouth breathing moment, Like I'm like, I didn't get the drew this. I didn't get that scene at all, and I'm like, it felt like I was missing something y'all felt the So y'all felt the same way took y'all missed something in that scene.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, I'm confused.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, it was dumb as fuck. Let's just call it what it is. It was stupid. The guy made no sense. He he literally looked out of place, you know what I'm saying. He looked like he had no business being in that room, being a part of that conversation with them, He's a complete stranger. They were using general and generic, very vague names and terms. When they asked him why and asked him to connect the dots, he started making references to Phaser being a godfather, none of us. It made any fucking sense, and it felt so remedial and insulting to watch. Actually, Carlos hit the nail on the head one hundred percent. All the answers that we were seeking as viewers existed in that conversation between that guy and Drew and Angela. Was it Drew or Kelly? Yeah, it was Drew because Kelly I can't remember what her connection was, but whatever, it was just dumb. It had no It should not have been there. It felt very lazy and stupid. And I did not enjoy watching that section of the show. I did not. It was very irritating for me. I hated everything about him being in that scene. I hated everything about what he was saying to those ladies. I hated everything about it. Manufactured drama, manufactured ship like that never lands, well, it's never entertaining. I hated it.
Speaker 3: Damn ninety nine dollars.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 2: Shout out to one, Thank you one.
Speaker 3: Detroy step close to getting us to Miami. Hey, Carlos, if we go, I can fly myself down there. I get a buddy pad.
Speaker 1: I'm a businessman. I would never have you fly yourself on your on your own.
Speaker 3: Dime for e go private. Can we call Britt and borrow the jet?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, but anybody has a time share parament plane. Let me know. Thank you, go ahead girl.
Speaker 4: And then it like at first it had like credibility, like oh, shoot, phatris at it again because we know she's a liar, right, Like, can't even get her due date, ride lies a love, the horrible wigs all that, like you know I should It looked better on the show last night. She looked good on What you Have Life, But you know it was just like, oh I could see her doing that because she is a known liar. But then the more stuff that came out like it seemed like almost like insulting, like June Bug, come.
Speaker 3: On give us as I was like that apartment. I was like, Oh that's cringe. But who do you think? Who do you think? Who do y'all really think said that person? Do you think it was Fader?
Speaker 1: Did it? Do you think it was Look, I'll say this. I'll say this, and I'm being very honest for your job. So this is my take on it. I'll stop by saying this first because I want to I want to do a whole like three sixty so that we all can have information. We weren't able to see how Angela was able to extract the information out of the guy that she felt was proof that Fadra said it. We weren't able to see that. That's number one. In my interview with Angela Oakley, she was very adamant that Phaedra did it. She said based on the connection between Phaedra's brother or something. And she said in my interview with her, so watching rain drops, I'm keeping it alive another week before I drop another exclusive. She said that based on the fact that she and Charles have people who love them, and they didn't take that as a reality TV stick they I'll say that she didn't say this. I took it as they hire a private investigator to do an investigation, and based on their private investigation, they found out information about this guy. She gave us all to my interviews. She said he has a lot to lose and she confronted him with this information that she has and because of all those things, there were a connection back to Athens, Georgia, which is Fradr's hometown. This is all what Angela says. So we had those two things right then when you watched the show. The unfortunate part is this. I walked away on being honest because you had Angela say, well, Kelly, while was that guy there? So I'm like, oh shit, okay, ready it's Kelly. Ikahoots like what's going on? Kelly denied did then Britt started saying it wasn't me. You saw Shaniyah and Kelly judge each other, so I'm like, do they know something that we don't know? Was it Britt? Right? And then you saw the guy come in saying it was Phedra. So the unfortunate part is this, And this is my opinion, Claudia and Dustin would love to get y'all take Carlos King Honestly, after if I if I watch everything my own interview, if I watched the show and the and the and the ten second, what rain drops flash sideways we saw? I think it's debatable because and and that's the unfortunate part about what happened and why I never and I'm gonna keep saying this. I never allowed a stranger to enter my scene to do anything that that. That never happens on a Carlos King set. I'm not having a round um, especially towards the end of the season, even have the opportunity to do that. And the unfortunate part is this, because he did that, and and lack of credibility based on the base on how he got there in the first place, you are left with a who done it?
Speaker 2: Still to me and it fucking pisses me off. And then second of all, when you put it down to who's lying, Phaser or Angela, we don't have a reason not to believe Angela, right, Faedra has not told the truth previously on this show, so we have more reason to believe that she would do it. But even with that, based on the facts that we were presented with, you know, it's a sloppy ass uh, horribly pieced together as story. When we are giving Phaedra some some credibility here right when we're like, well, I don't even sound like her, you know what I'm saying. That's how you know this is raggedy as hell, And I just hated I feel like it's very sloppy and very beneath this show. That's what I think, and I don't think Angela is lying, But I also don't think Fadra based on I'm not gonna say I don't think Fadri did that, but based on what they showed us and the reasons that they gave us to believe that Fadri did it, it doesn't feel like she did that. So it's just even more frustrating because we are left with or who done it?
Speaker 4: And it's like, yeah, like I agree, like we've had, Like Carl said earlier, I believed everything that Angela has said, Like she's never come off as unbelievable. I don't think she would go the entire season and do a gimmick at the very end where she would lose her entire credibility, Like you can pretty much take everything Andrew's been saying to the bank.
Speaker 3: But then it is weird that it would be in phasia.
Speaker 4: But then Fhaedri's a liar, So it does look like like if I was like, Okay, who would people believe would do something like that?
Speaker 3: Who's already kind of done something like this before.
Speaker 4: Well, we can put it on Phaedra, but I will say that don't know if y'all call this on the scene with Faedri and Angela going back and forth, right, I don't know what Phaedria's issue with Angela is. From what I've seen, Angela has done nothing to Faedra, and Fada's hard on for Angela kind of reminded me of Season seven where Phaedra all of a sudden had a heart on for Demetria. Dmitria had done nothing to this woman. So I think there's certain people that phasier maybe if she wants their man, maybe or I don't know what it is, but the way she was like coming for Angela and in their argument where Angels trying to get to the bottom of supposedly Phaedra allegedly being the culprit in this story with Marcus, why does Faedro go low and say you went through foreclosure? It seemed like she was like went in that scene like I'm going to do whatever I can to discredit and embarrass Angela Oakley no matter what. Now, if you really didn't do it and you have no ill will to arge that, why don't you just stick with the topic at hand and say, hey, look me and you may not be cool, but I didn't do it.
Speaker 3: I know it looks like crazy, but I didn't. But to kind of bring up foreclosure, it.
Speaker 4: Seems like you was once again, I feel like her reason been scrambling and kind of lackluster and not really hitting into the entire season. And this is for the proof of her deteriorating reading skills to kind of bring up foreclosure in the middle of a scene about me and my husband, and then Angela was like that, ain't ot I already told the story myself, and she kind of got you got it back on track, but I just felt like, I don't.
Speaker 3: I think they're real.
Speaker 4: Where the real answers are is what is Phage's real issue with Angela Oakley? Because she kind of came in hot coming for a husband, alluding to things, and she does make it easier to believe she has something to do with it, but I don't. I'm not always sold to her, but I mean she's the one that has a problem with Angela.
Speaker 3: Unprovoked, I think, yeah.
Speaker 2: I agree, Why did you have that in the changer? Why did you have that in the clip in the chamber? Wow?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah? And I think this, Yeah, and I think this. I still stand by this based on who Angela has presented herself to be this entire season. Angela is by far authentic, and I don't believe Angela is lying, right, So I want to say that I don't think Angel's lying based on what she was told. That's why we That's why you gotta have context, and that's why the unfortunate thing is we don't have context to work with. I do believe that Angela was told that it was Pedra. I do believe that she was told that right, based on what the guy said. I believe that Angela. I don't believe on one second Angela made off this up. I don't believe that for a second. I do believe Angela was told hey, it was her, and Angela got the information and then decided to confront it. Now, I think the set but this is this is the This is why it's still in limbo because it's one thing. It's one thing if a housewife said it that we that we watched over years or on this season, and I think the thing is when it's somebody we don't know, when it's somebody whose credibility we don't know, I think everybody, even Angela, has to understand that. The unfortunate part is we don't know this guy, and that's the reason why a lot of people are on Phaedra side, and there's a lot of people on Angela's side, because at the end of the day, the person who told Angela it was Phedra was somebody we just don't know. There's credibility we don't know. And I want to say that I don't think Angela's lying. I do believe her when she says I was told this, and I do believe Angela, who has money to Hi investigators, did what she had to do.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: But that being said, we will see what happens at the reunion because now we're able to maybe get the full hope. I'm hoping we'll get the full story. But I think, once again, because it's a person we don't know, I now understand why it is a big question mark.
Speaker 4: And you know, it was really crazy bringing that guy in there, and he clearly was Mike, and we're like, who are you? And other in the words of Kennymore, who is this hoe?
Speaker 3: Who are you on this show? And we don't know you?
Speaker 4: And who listen, sorry to bus y'all's bubble in reality TV viewership land. When you see an event and it's a party, a club, that shit is closed to the public, there are no other people there that are not supposed to be there.
Speaker 3: There is never random people in a scene.
Speaker 4: It's very very rare that there's a restaurant that there's real customers in there. They may have people in there, but they have to make them all sign a release to be on camera.
Speaker 2: Okayll like, there's no way and to.
Speaker 1: Have a be to be Mike.
Speaker 4: You know, that was definitely someone that was brought in and was given an agenda to do that. And the fact that we don't know him, and then you know, the guy's name is Marcus and there's been some legal stuff about him. I got the you know, his rap sheet that he's you know, he's a I should allegedly offender. Okay, I do have this rap sheet that's out there. So he's now saying that Angela set it up, and Angela is now suing him for lying for defamation. So she's like, I'm suing you because now you're lying about me. So it's getting extremely messy. Now, Like that is definitely the latest on the story. So he's now turning on angel So first you said it was Phasia, now he thinks Angela.
Speaker 3: So which is it? Because your credibility is gone, like Marcus, which is it?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I cannot, I cannot. That shit makes it so exhausting.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: We don't have to do this to make this show good and interesting to watch. We just don't do it. Man, Come on, this is so fucking dumb and stupid, and now it's some stupid, stupid ass shit. It's spiraling into legal issues, wasting resources. This is as crazy as hell.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I really hate that because otherwise this season was interesting.
Speaker 3: But then Faeda did I will say this in Fhadria's defense. Hey, y'all clip this.
Speaker 4: In Fajia's defense, Angel did say that Fedra is the one that gave her his name and.
Speaker 3: Said what he loved.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say that.
Speaker 4: Confuses me, Like is that okay? When people lie, they usually give you a little bit of truth, right, or they act like they're your ally, Like hey girl, you know if I was, do you know he does live in the city or is she innocent here?
Speaker 3: And she really was like, oh, I've seen him around my city. I don't know what to believe.
Speaker 2: Now that's the part, Okay, No, I'm just saying we don't know what to believe because we all watched in season nine when they were in Hawaii and Candy had that emotional breakdown and she was looking at Faeda like, Faedra, you know, I don't never do nothing about no drugs or nothing. You know that, Why would they say that I Faedia' is still right there and lie right in her face and it acted as if she wasn't clear about what was going on. We sawry sat at the table and who said that moment and look as if she was just confused and asking who said it? When the whole time she knew what that conversation was about. So her calling Angela saying, hey, I actually do remember that guy. He's such and such, he's this, and that that wouldn't surprise me for her to do that and be already knowledgeable about who he is. And that's the sad part, right, is that we wouldn't necessarily put that past her. But even with that, even even with that, we still it's so ridiculous and so sloppily done that we still are confused about where it came from even with you know, a call back to those moments that were not so positive for Faedra. We still don't know if it's the truth, and that's what's crazy to me. So that's how you know, this just simply doesn't belong on this show.
Speaker 3: So they could be she could be doing that to throw off throw people off the set like Noah, how could I be the one? I'm the one who gave her and people said, we don't know. So hey, question for YouTube.
Speaker 4: If it is revealed that really Phasia was the one, now this would be her second third fl off time with a major lie.
Speaker 3: Do you think Duslum asking you do.
Speaker 4: You think she should be brought back if because that's like you're fucking with the storyline. If that's true, and if it isn't, she should be vindicated and we will speak about it and give her a problem.
Speaker 3: She's innocent, she's innocent, we should say it.
Speaker 4: But if it's revealed that she really did do this, and paying outside people or having outside people coming out is so corny. We don't need these kind of curveballs. Do you think she should come back if that's the.
Speaker 2: Case, Yeah, because she's already here and at this point, this is where we're with the show. There's a lot of fans that really do like Phaedra, and we're really excited about her being back, and I think that that noise kind of outweighs the people who are like what I remember in season nine when she did this horrible ass shit, you know what I'm saying. So, yeah, she should stay, but there should be somebody there to kind of check that or balance that, right, And with the absence of someone like Kenya, with the absence of other people who kind of would of hell her accountable, right, it just goes unchecked and it just goes at further than it needs to go. So I mean, it depends on what the fans like and what they want.
Speaker 1: Yeah wow, yeah, so listen. I think it's one of those things where nothing was super concrete, And like I said, I think it's because it was a lot of things. This is a thing because they happened at the not even telling at the very end. A lot was thrown at us in this supercized episode. It was supersized and we still left thinking, like I want more because what is happening. But I think because so much was thrown at the audience. I'm not mad at the audience because I'm not mad at me or for you know, listen, I'm always gonna be somebody that looks like the full picture if I'm basing every single thing like the audience did off of that show. I mean that episode. I understand why the audience is divided. I understand it. I understand it. What I'm not divided on, child is Samia and brig getting into it again child, So I do want to talk about that before we moved to the last scene of the episode, Britt and Shami get into again. Shamia brought up Kenya feeling threatened with the gun and called Britt a whore. She also called her whore on the other scene as well, keep your clothes on. She also called her pill popper, which is the second time we heard that reference. But I want to ask y'all this it has it has less to do with that scene because to me, that was just typical. Like yaan, I watched the finale also thinking this because again we know the end of the story when it comes to brit Edie. I Carlos King based on what I watched, because again I confirmed Britt did watch the episodes, she watched them all. I did affirm that Britt had her out there ready for the reunion. I don't understand why she decided not to go based on those variables.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: To me, there wasn't anything that I witnessed that warranted a no show at the Redunion.
Speaker 3: You shared worst episodes than these last two.
Speaker 4: If anything, you should have quit after like the third or fourth episode, not these, like this is when you would like Sound to actually come into your own looking better, having more interesting scenes, and now is when you quit, like she should have came stunted, showed why should she be back next season and why I was the one that got rid of y'all's favorite. Well, not got rid of Ken, you get rid of herself, I would say.
Speaker 3: But you know, like.
Speaker 4: She just makes bad decisions. She makes bad decisions in her storyline with this whole experience. Really, she really fumbled an opportunity.
Speaker 2: I think whoever, I'm sorry, go ahead, I mean it jumping.
Speaker 4: Front, Okay, no, no, we're into this with this conversation. I just feel like she's I don't know who, yeah, who's advising her? Because he just makes erradic bad decisions.
Speaker 2: That's what I think. I think that was someone in her ear advising her. I think that she I don't know, and I'm assuming all of this. I have no idea if this is true. I'm literally making this theory up right. But it seems to me that as soon as she began to entertain the idea of some sort of legal action, I think whoever she talked to about that advised her to exit the show. For that reason, I think that she had to look like she was stopping participation in the show because of what she was going to do legally next. That's the only thing that I could come up with, because otherwise there's no reason for her to abruptly end her participation in the show. Why wouldn't she come to the reunion to vindicate herself after being misunderstood all season? You know what I mean? It just doesn't make sense. And so I think the timing of her making thenouncement that she that that was not her in the alleged photos coinciding with the timing of her announcing her I don't think it was a lawsuit or whatever the legal action it was that she took against the network. I think the timing of that coinciding with the filming of the reunion. I think all of that kind of rolled right into each other, and it seems to me like she was advised to stop participating in the show. That's what That's the only plausible theory I could come up with.
Speaker 3: But shot like a while ago. It was a while ago, like last.
Speaker 2: Year, the reunion, you know what I'm saying, the reunion, the timing of the reunion being shot with when she announced that that wasn't her in the alleged photos, then announced the legal action, and they were filming the reunion like right around that same time, in that same week. I think that's why she ended up skipping it.
Speaker 4: I think keep saying that like if you have a lawsuit, saying you guys really made me look horrible with these photos released of.
Speaker 3: Me, and then saying, but they weren't a me.
Speaker 4: I know, her lawyer was probably like, YO, shut up, like don't say that, don't say anything, like we're trying to sit here and prove that you know, you were you know this revenge whatever, you know. I just she's making more mistakes, like even that's a mistake in a lawsuit, because if it wasn't you.
Speaker 3: Do we have gates?
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, that's why all of that. It's listen all around. I'll say this about Briady, I really this is my opinion as a viewer. I would have liked to see her at the reunion to address some things. As a viewer, I didn't see anything these past couple of episodes to not show up. If anything, I think she became likable towards the end, just based on what we are thinking and the audience is as well on social media. So look, look, I wish her the best whatever her endeavors provide for her. But I will say is why now I'm talking to producers, is why tell all reality stars wait till the end if they hate you, now there may be some redemption. And also tell I tell reality stars this too, don't get a big hit when they like you in the beginning, because the table can turn towards the end. So you just got to ride that wave and just and just know that as long as I'm cool and I'm me, the rest would be history. Last topic of the day of the night is Porsche was shown back. I'm sorry, Porsche was in her house and we the audience got a chance to finally see it. What did y'all think of Porsche's home? Did it live up to what y'all thought it would? Love? What I think about the scene.
Speaker 3: Two things I want to say.
Speaker 4: I want to give Porsche props on that dress she had on at Angela Oakley's event, and.
Speaker 3: He looks bomb The dress was everything, and they honor her.
Speaker 4: She got emotional and talking about her cousin, and I thought that was really nice and that listen, Porta doesn't disappoint when it comes to her, her clothes and her looks. That dress was so bombed, Like, I gotta get props. What props do she killed? That?
Speaker 3: The house look beautiful.
Speaker 4: I see why she called Ice and got Simon locked up so she can get her house back.
Speaker 3: I allegedly, I'm joking. I don't know what happened, but I would have fought for that house too. That house look beautiful. It looked great.
Speaker 4: And her daughter running around the house, little richie black kid calls like you like to see I like to see that too.
Speaker 3: I wasn't mad at it, like, hey, all is fair and love and war. And she ended up.
Speaker 4: They went and filmed that after they was done being wrapped with a season that is so patty. I know Simon was sitting in Nigeria waking it like she wasn't in my house.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, mad I can't really do a Nigerian accent, but I know he was mad as hell watching that. She was frolicking and she just you know, that was the moment where she's like, Nigga, I got the house. I don't know who calls, not saying I don't know who called, but you there, I'm here.
Speaker 2: She literally, I'm with that. Whoever that was it just posted that comment. Whoever that was it just made that comment. I'm with that right there. That is literally what I'm trying to say. Anyway, that scene was hilarious to me. Number One that they went back on supports was like, shit, we gone film in this house this season. I was rolling. Second of all, it's a big, pretty ass house we saw back when she purchased it, and the video that accompanied the real estate listing had kind of gone viral and we got a chance to virtually tour that house. It's a beautiful fucking home and it was good to see them in the house. And I was laughing because it was a very audacious scene, right her and her mother all trapesing through that house and then getting to uh they clinking toasting glasses and shit and the freeze, framing it on Porsche with the glass rays as that informed the audience that Simon was detained and deported. All of that. That was all intentional and it was definitely what I would like to call it last laugh for sure.
Speaker 3: So someone said it was creepy. They said Portia scene was creepy. Do you think it was creepy or she was just getting her gift? I mean, even though it is a temporary get back, because it.
Speaker 2: Was not creepy to me, No, whatever that means, wasn't need he said, whatever that means it was to me, No, it was funny.
Speaker 4: I'm no fan assignment, so I was okay with the you know, it was kind of funny actually, Like even though she may not be able to live there long term because you know, it got to be refined and all that stuff, and it's an expensive house.
Speaker 3: But listen, she got He didn't want her to film in it at all. She got at least one scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, she did with her She had her mama sitting right there clinking glasses.
Speaker 4: Oh you know, Diane don't be there clinking the glass and you know, encouraging her daughter to go get it.
Speaker 1: No. I thought it was a perfect bookend to this season because the first episode premiere, we saw Porsche say to the audience I'm not able to film in my house because of X, Y and Z reasons. So to end the finale on us being in the house, listen, I think it was a link back from everybody. You know what I'm saying that, I think. I think I was, like it was. I literally chuckled because I we weren't we weren't teased that. So when you saw all of the like in cars of everybody, all the housewives whatever, ending to the season cards, I was surprised to see Porsche back in the house and us being not back in the house, us seeing Porsche being able to film in the house and do a little wink to the camera like we're in the house. I thought it was a funny way of ending the season. I really enjoyed this season, and like I said, we do have three reunions to recap, which is going to be amazed. But shout out to everybody, listen, Yes, this has been fun.
Speaker 2: It really has absolutely I enjoyed this season flaws and all personally, and I can't wait till next season. So good job, ladies.
Speaker 3: I want to say it's been fun. I know it's not over.
Speaker 4: We have a couple more episodes, but I hope there's a way or world that we can continue doing stuff together. I really enjoyed doing this with you guys, letting y'all let me come and play with y'all on y'all's platform. It's been really fun and something to look forward to every week. And I really have had a good time with y'all, rain drops.
Speaker 3: Thank you for the love.
Speaker 4: You know, I see some of the hate, but it's all good. I'm used to it, you know, when you were Battie, You're used to that.
Speaker 3: But I'm just like, yeah, yeah, but anyway, it's not enough. But it's been really fun. And I haven't watched the show since I left.
Speaker 4: I think I watched one episode, so kind of getting back into the Real Housewives bag and watching it, and it's been fun to like kind of analyze it from a different, you know, standpoint than just be on it, like just watching it as a viewer and not with any Oh you know, I remember that scene, no just watching it as.
Speaker 2: If you were like y'all, so yeah, I love it, Toma. We're gonna do Potomac and we're going to also do We're going to do a white one. We should do the new The Real Housewives of Rhode Island, the one that they're about to start, we should do and the white mess.
Speaker 3: Andy Cohen, you motherfucking tried it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Rhode Island, r Island, Miss Rhode.
Speaker 3: Island right here, Okay, and that's fun. You many people hit me in my damns about that. I'm like, no, but again again.
Speaker 1: Saying that you should be on that show.
Speaker 3: I did see that, but I do live in Dallas. But you know, Carlos, there's always that show in Dallas that I already sent you the deck for.
Speaker 1: That show. I don't like it. I loved it. I loved it.
Speaker 3: Rain dropped.
Speaker 4: If you want to see Carlos King co produce a show with me and Dallas about this sire in Dallas.
Speaker 3: Because listen the way they when they did Housewives of Dallas, they did not get it right. They had that one black face, not one black woman.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you something about the wealth, and not just wealth, but this black woman that got it going on with like the look, the relationships, the money, the businesses that they started, the still trying to find loves, people coming out of marriages, going into them.
Speaker 3: There's a whole scene here. There's a goal line that is untapped.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying no, the Dallas community is beautiful, like Claudia during and her friends are, so let's send you never know, So stay tuned and rain Dropsy, are you watching?
Speaker 3: If Carlos doesn't want to do it, Tyler, are you wanting?
Speaker 1: I will look into it again. But Claudia, Claudia doesn't our back next week to give y'all recap Part one of the Real Housewives up at Lanta Reunion. So you will see us next week. Thank y'all, rain Drops, love you guys, and we'll see y'all on the next one. Reality with the King is executive produced by me Carlos King, produced by Lizzie Nimitz, and a partnership with the Lack Effect Network. You can also find us on my YouTube channel at the Carlos King Underscore